Speaker 1: Ripped off, you need advice.
Speaker 2: You don't help, come running just as fast as you can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Come, man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, welcome, Welcome, my friends to the Only Shovin's Time. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Our goal in life is to make your life. That's right, your life just a little bit better. You've been ripped off, maybe a contractor showed up, decided not to do any work, or did horrible work, and you need help. You need help trying to recoup that money. You need help, maybe trying to just find the guy to finish the job. That is what we're here for. We use the power of the media to go after well. I'll put it like this, the scumbag said, don't do what's right. That's what we do, and we do it every day, day in, day out. Maybe you got a problem with the landlord, maybe you just got a financial question. Maybe you've got something to say about where we live, because I do. Right now, what happened to Mike Kaufman and our governor saying that this gang thing was just overrated? Remember when Trump was here in town in Aurora, and there was about fifty thousand people lined up to see him. Susanna and I were there. In fact, we were the front of the standing row. We did in line eight hours, absolutely amazing. We listened to him talk about it. Then later on the news we heard Kaufman, by the way, which is a Republican, which is mind blowing. He might as well be Liz Cheney actually, but what we had to hear from him was, Oh, it's blown out of proportion. There's nothing going on here, nothing at all. It's only a handful of people, a couple people. Paulus said the same thing. And now we find out fourteen of them or nineteen suspects I'm reading now nineteen suspect Aurora home invasion stab people pulled their fingernails off. Can you imagine, guys? Can you imagine how that would feel? And of course these were immigrants they were targeting, probably from the same country they are. It's absolutely unbelievable what this town has become. I don't understand why. I do think they are dealing with ice right now. I think they are going to allow ice in to remove these people. But would they do that in Denver? This is Aurora, but Denver's still not. I don't know what. I would love to know what Polish thinks of that. So you apprehend nineteen gang members that tortured illegal immigrants that are terrified to be here. They were probably dropped off in that apartment complex by our own government, probably by Polish. I mean, I don't know by somebody think about that. Frank durand the real estate man joins me, Frank, what do you think when I start to show off with something like that?
Speaker 3: It's mind blowing, brother. You know, it's really tough to see.
Speaker 1: You know, we were told there's nothing going on. Don't believe your lyon eyes. Look over here, and now once again, national news across the entire country. Nineteen people, fingernails pulled out, people tried to warn us, but nope, nothing here to see. Don't worry about it. We're Denver, We're sanctuary city. I realized this was Aurora, but same thing. Honest to goodness, I just can't believe what this has become in this doc any thoughts on the whole thing. You've lived in Colorado about as long as I have.
Speaker 4: It's just it's mind boggling the minds of these liberal, progressive people who don't understand the repercussions of what they're doing.
Speaker 1: I just can't understand it either, Suzanne, what are your thoughts are?
Speaker 5: I think they need to turn the people over to ICE.
Speaker 1: Wat I'm out of here. I think they are turning these people over. But I'd be really curious how Denver would do this if this happened in Denver, I mean I really would, would Denver actually turn him over to ICE? How about New York City? I guess I guess he's gonna be working with him.
Speaker 4: I would love to hear somebody, if they're listening in the audience, why somebody who is here illegally and commits a violent crime should not be deported.
Speaker 1: Now I have no idea why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would love to hear somebody who believes that. I mean, we're not talking about Polish. I'm here, gets a job and tries to raise a family.
Speaker 1: Polis is Mike, who's the Who's the mayor of Denver?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: I forget his name? Johnson?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would love to hear why should.
Speaker 1: He said he was going to fight it. He said he's gonna get people to stand on the border and fight Ice. Ah what kind of moron says that? Well, and in no offense. I do watch Kyle Clark. I watch that next, and Suzanne thinks it's funny. I watch it because he always gets me in an uproar. I'm always screaming at him. But I find the guy entertaining. I think he's pretty good at doing a show, even though I disagree with probably every bit of political blood that runs through him. But he was one of the locals that was saying, oh, there's nothing out there, there's no gang members, it's just a couple people. He downplayed it, just like everybody. That drives me crazy. And then that's what people hear in Colorado. They hear this really didn't happen. I mean, this is nuts. It's absolutely nuts. Go ahead, doctor, I'm saying.
Speaker 7: It's just progressive bias. It's the news.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. It's crazy. Three h three, Martino, you've got any comments on the non existent gangs right here in Colorado that apparently, you know, we're torturing people, you know, pulling off fingernails is absolutely insane. And then I think the other ones were stabbed, they were all kidnapped, and here we are again. Now I did listen to Kyle Clark last night. I watched it and he basically told the story. He of course didn't talk about the last time you talked about it, where you know, nothing was going on. It was all overblown and it was just a handful of people. But now we're talking a lot of people, kidnapping, torture. What else needs to happen here, Frank Durant real quick, and we're going to go to Rick by the way, we got some lines open. I digress three oh three seven three eight two five five. That's the phone number, three oh three Martino. I get so worked up over this stuff. I need to start calming down a little. In fact, Frank, I'll tell you what got me worked up a little. In the last few days. You were helping me with some negotiations.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Suzanne and I were in Nebraska talk about a small town, my god, Scott's Bluff, trying to find a rental there, trying to find some property to buy. So we found a couple of duplexes. I never heard back from them. Well can you believe that I made an offer? I literally made a cash offer on two duplexes, probably about twenty percent less. I'm trying to do the math here about twenty percent less and what they were asking. Nothing moves there. I mean, it's really crazy. I even reached out to one of our experts when it comes to investments in property, Barry over at vest Eira, and he said, there's really no economy there. It's a very small town. When you go to sell, it's going to be hard. But what I couldn't believe is I didn't even get a phone call. That's the part that's nuts.
Speaker 3: Well market, it always amazes me when I call certain towns it's almost like this laid back town of Maybury. This is like they're small, they just don't care. There's so relaxed and there's no urgency whatsoever. And that's unfortunate the town.
Speaker 1: Actually I found the people there pretty nice, but it is a very small town. Man their industry. See, it's going to be one of these towns where Walmart is probably, if not the largest in employer, maybe the second. But there's a big hospital. But the hospital, hey, doc, what is this? So we were out there helping our son find a place because he's in retail and he's moving there, and he said, can you go out? I can't find anything online, and sure enough, there is almost nothing online. But when we did find him a nice apartment. Finally, ninety percent of the people in the complex are short term doctors and nurses that go through that hospital. Why would people constantly come and go to a certain hospital for a short amount of time. I don't understand.
Speaker 4: Because they get paid well. They do what's called locum tenants. So locum tenens is when you go in and you provide services for a hospital or a town or practice that needs needs your help.
Speaker 7: So in other words, let's.
Speaker 1: Say that because no one wants to live there long term.
Speaker 7: Well, let's say there was an obgyn. Yeah, I was in the town. I want to go on a vacation for two or three weeks.
Speaker 1: You got to bring somebody in.
Speaker 4: Somebody through local tenons. The organization that supplies that pays really well, and.
Speaker 7: So you do it for two or three weeks.
Speaker 1: I got you. That's interesting. So they have the hospital, they have of course the walmart, and this walmart's so busy it's nuts. It must pull from every small farming community. It's bigger footprint than anything in Colorado, including d Ia Aora everything. It's massive. It's just crazy. And then other than that, there's a big sugar factory which I never even thought of that it looks like a big cement thing outside three O three seven one three A two five five. Hey, Rick, what is going on here? It says we didn't assign somebody. Get me up to speed, man, I just got back in town. Are you talking to me, Rick, I'm talking to you, Rick.
Speaker 6: Oh, yes, sir. I it's attempting to retrieve a security video at a business idea business with last Wednesday, where you know, KENNI had broke my steering column and I just wanted to retrieve the video because he did it right in the uh, in the in the yard right there. He didn't put it in the garage.
Speaker 1: And well, I've got a couple quick questions here. I assume you've asked for the video, right.
Speaker 6: No, I haven't.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you work, for the life of me, explain to me why you simply wouldn't ask. I assume they're saying they didn't break it. It was already broken. I mean, give me a little more. Why do you even want the video.
Speaker 6: To show my points of how my steering column got broken?
Speaker 1: Okay? And you think what would show on the video the guy took a sledgehammer to it. What happened to it? What's wrong with it?
Speaker 6: Well, he turned it all the way too right, which, of course, Uh, you know to do some work on a right front marker light? Yeah, totally, you know not. I mean I had the left one done a year ago. They put it on the lift.
Speaker 8: Did it in five minutes?
Speaker 6: Okay, come back to right ones up? He turns a wheel pop fish.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: If I had the video, it would self explain everything.
Speaker 1: It would self explain that they did something wrong and actually broke the column.
Speaker 6: It would it would show exactly now.
Speaker 1: You said before it took five minutes, so someone else worked on it before. What was wrong with it?
Speaker 6: Then? I didn't say, I said I came in a year earlier. Yeah, at the left, the left side marker done, It took five minutes. You put the mechanic at the same shop, not the same mechanics, but the same shot. Hit it in five minutes.
Speaker 1: So when you went to pick it up and it was messed up, what are they saying.
Speaker 6: I'm sitting right there watching him do it. I didn't go anywhere to come back and pick it up. I'm sitting there, and I go and I pay for the labor that he charged me for the light forty bucks. Okay, I go, get in the car. Your car. The motor won't turn on nothing. The steering column is free. It turns freely. Okay, it's a twenty eleven Alomobile.
Speaker 1: All right, Hold on, Rick, I'm starting to understand. And you were there the whole time. Actually, I do want to get Kevin on Kelly three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We got a couple lines open. You've been ripped off, taking advantage of You gotta scam to tell us about you. Get the idea, everybody, hang tight.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three oh three seven one, three eight two five five over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges and refunds. Now, Rick dropped off. So my understanding was he was on before and basically he wants us to call over and strong arm these people into getting the video. He's convinced they did something wrong. Rick, I have no idea if they did something wrong or not. But I can tell you this, why you have not asked them simply asked them for the video. I have no idea. That's one of the first things I asked you when you were on and you're like no. So I personally, if I on the video, I would ask them for the video or ask them to watch it with you. If they don't want to give it to you, they don't have to give it to you because it's not your video. It's not yours. You could take them to court, and by the time you get to Discovery you could ask for it. It's going to cost you a fortune, and on top of that, on top of that, I bet the video would disappear. If you know what I'm saying, these guys probably won't produce it. If they had to if they really did something wrong, and they don't want to acknowledge to you that they did do something wrong and you ended up in this predicament, Well, what makes you think they're ever going to show you this video? We've already proven if both of those things are correct, they messed up, they broke it. They don't want to take responsibility. They're sure as hell not going to give you a proof. They've already came out and said we're scumbacks. You get what I'm saying, Rick, I mean, honestly, I wouldn't mind having one of our people call over, but I would still like to understand what the hell the problem was. If you're saying, what were they Shannon, you heard the original call, I guess or Kelly, what were they originally saying?
Speaker 12: It was something with a steering column on a Mercedes?
Speaker 1: Yes, what was it in there?
Speaker 6: For?
Speaker 1: A blinker? A tail light? What the hell were they working on?
Speaker 5: Well, he's back on the phone online too.
Speaker 1: If you want to go, Rick, what were they actually fixing on your vehicle?
Speaker 6: You're right, marker light?
Speaker 1: Okay, and what does that happen? For the life of me, please explain to me what that has to do with the steering column, because I'm lost right there.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I drove, I drove in there, and I parted the guy. The guy got in and turned to steering wheel, turned the car on, turned to steering wheel, and he was attempting to put the bible in. Okay, he made a The whole brench of popping noise is when he's down there, attempted to unscrew it, but nevertheless. Anyway, he turns the share and will a couple of times he jumps out, he turns it off and then turns it again. So after he finishes, I pay it what ap? And I come out attempt to start my car?
Speaker 1: What kind of car?
Speaker 13: Is this happen?
Speaker 6: Twenty eleven Mercedes seventy thousand miles.
Speaker 1: I still don't understand the correlation. What do you think he did? Do you think he went in there and intentionally tried to break it? What do you think he did?
Speaker 14: Rick?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 6: No, I think he accidentally did it.
Speaker 1: Wait, but that's where I want to go. Rick, You've got to explain this to me. How does one get into your car and accidentally break your steering column? How does one do.
Speaker 6: That by turning it by.
Speaker 1: Turning the wheel tearing on. So by turning your steering wheel, it broke the it broke the column. Yes, okay, by turning the steering wheel. Do you understand what you're saying. You're saying someone went in there, turn your steering wheel and it broke your car. Wouldn't you think your car already had an issue at that.
Speaker 6: Point after I just started up five minutes ago and he started it up to turn the Where's.
Speaker 1: What I want to do? No, no, no, here's what I want to do. I'm going to put them on hold. Rick, I'm going to try to help you. Here's what we're gonna do, Kelly, I want you to call over and see if this shop will come on. I would love to talk to him about rick steering column that their technician got in turned the wheel and it broke. I would love to talk to him. So let's get the number over there. Then I'll even assign it to a deputy if they don't want to come on, and we'll go down this this bunny hole. But Rick, they don't have to give you the video that I can promise you. But we're going to try to ask them what's going on and we'll ask him if we can see the video. But the whole story sounds absolutely insane, It really does. I mean, Rick, do you understand if you let me borrow your car, if you I'm going to put you on hold again if you let me borrow your car? And I got in there and I turned the steering wheel and the whole thing broke. I don't think I would be blame for your car. That's not a thing a car does normally.
Speaker 6: I agree. Okay, he was watching him do it all the time.
Speaker 1: And what did you you were there watching him, What did you see? What did you see? What did they do?
Speaker 6: I seen him start my car up yep, turn the wheel to the right, yep. Then out see if he had asked us to the marker light, yep, then he's out. Then he then he got back in the car. He didn't start it up. He just cranked the wheel some more, tore right. Uh, and then basically that's about it. I mean, he started up, but when I.
Speaker 1: Got there, you're saying he broke it. Wait a minute, are you alleging he broke it when he turned it back and the power was not on the vehicle, It wasn't turned on.
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, I do want to ask Kevin that question. Let's get Kevin on.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 10: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 15: Hey, don't forget.
Speaker 1: You can go to YouTube. I'm typing Troubleshooter Network watches live. During the breaks, we were talking about the drones. We were talking about all different kinds of things. Hey, Kevin Colkin, I do want to ask you this before I bring break back up. First of all, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 1: You doing all right?
Speaker 9: Okay? Yeah, they're good.
Speaker 1: Did you smoke any meat during the weekend? Huh?
Speaker 9: We we did a ham? Oh nice, all right, think spiral ham double smoke it and yeah.
Speaker 1: I love him Susanna always gets one of those honey baked tam. I think she overspends on it. You can go to Costco get the same thing for half the price.
Speaker 9: Twenty bucks, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Twenty bucks. Yeah, she's over here shaking her head like now, there's nothing like that.
Speaker 15: There's nothing like a honey baked Tam from the Honey Baked Tam company.
Speaker 6: Mark you haven't had my ham there you go?
Speaker 1: Hey, So Kevin, if I hop in a Mercedes twenty eleven Mercedes something or other, and I want to do the right front tail light or on the tail light, the right front marker light or headlight assembly, whatever. So I get in, I turned the vehicle on. I cocked the wheel over to the right or left so I have more access up under the fender. You follow right, yep, yep. Then I swap out the light. I'm all done. I get back in. I decide, for whatever reason, not to turn the vehicle back on, but just to crank the wheel straight. What damage would that do? Is that even feasible?
Speaker 9: Well, with a lot of force, yeah, you could break the steering lock mechanism.
Speaker 1: Sure, So that's what Rick is saying happened.
Speaker 9: That's a lot of fun. I mean, that's not just to grab the wheel and turn. That's that's a big boy with two hands on the wheel cranking.
Speaker 1: I mean you're doing I mean you've got it. You know you're going to break it. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 9: Yes? Absolutely?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 1: Now Rick, just hearing what Kevin said, why would this guy get back in and use every bit of force he has to break your steering column? Why would he do that?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, I'll tell you what. Two seconds or he turned it on, the power steering turned it on, turned the wheel. Now he can ask you wanted to start your car up? Okay? And then when I get in it to go, the steering columns broke, their car won't turn on or nothing else. So I mean, what other and what.
Speaker 1: Did they say at this point? Rick?
Speaker 15: Rick?
Speaker 1: What did they say? At this point you go to get in, nothing's working.
Speaker 6: What do they say, Oh, he does a diagnostic on it. Okay, Hey, the steering wheels broke, the steering wheel columns broke, and the module in it or whatever, all the all the things that pertains to a steering wheel.
Speaker 1: Low, Well what what what? What's the module? If they did, Rick, for the life of me, please just some of these questions. Just answer if they gave you or if they did a diagnostic on it and then handed you something like what, Kevin, what kind of module would that possibly be?
Speaker 9: I want something with the airbag, like clock spring or something. I'm not sure what you know.
Speaker 1: What they're talking about. But Rick, didn't you say, hey, this thing was working fine till I dropped it off, and now it doesn't work. And I've been here the whole time. What's going on? Guys? What do they say?
Speaker 9: That's weird?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 6: He says those So first she says that it might be the battery. Now light mind, dude, you've just seen them.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, we're talking just about the wheel not turning anymore. Forget about the reason it's not starting. I mean, that could be a battery. It could be the ignition got broke while and all this happened. I mean, there's like every problem in the world right now. But what did they say when you drove in and everything's fine, you go to put in a marker light and now it doesn't start, it doesn't turn, and it's got a million problems. Do they go, oh, well, we didn't do anything. What do they say?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 6: They diagnosed. It told me it cost me sixteen dollars.
Speaker 1: Hold On, So, Kelly, did we try reaching out to these people? And what's the name of this place? Rick?
Speaker 6: Auto House?
Speaker 8: No auto house?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 6: I R O Howe Auto House, f I.
Speaker 1: R O fire Row Auto House. Hold on, Yeah, I don't. I don't care about the address. Give Kelly, do you have the phone number to this place and make sure it's the right place? Can you do that for me? And I want to call over there see if we can't get them on. Look, I can't imagine someone would get in, not turn the car on, and put the kind of force Kevin's talking about in order to break it. Kevin, once again, I mean we're talking. You would know, you would simply know not to do it right.
Speaker 9: No, you got to put two feet up against the you know, like the firewall and really tug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you're trying to break it at that point. And why would they do that? That makes no sense to me. My guess is more of something like this. They did the headlight, they get back in and the car won't start. No idea why it won't start. But something something went awry when they were working on the vehicle, but I'm not sure what they could have done wrong from the caller's description, I mean, what do you think?
Speaker 9: So? I don't know. He what I remember from the earlier call is that he went to Mercedes with the vehicle, and that's what I told him, get them to report on it, that it's got damaged. You know, did he do that? You know? That's what I understood.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Okay, hold on, I'm just gonna go nuts here. We're going to try to call over there because i'd like to hear from the shop. Kevin. I appreciate it, and I'm going to ask him that if he ever brought it over there, and then, if so, what did Mercedes say? Is that something? If he brought it to you, you could look at and see what the hell happened. I mean, you would never know how it broke, though, I guess you could tell if they tugged on the wheel so hard it broke, compared to if something broke internally that was old.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if you have friends as opposed to worn out parts, it could be pretty obvious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thanks Kevin. Kevin talk and shared in Auto Tech Home of the three Year. Listen to this three year nationwide warranty parts in labor, everything they do. Maybe you need an alternator or break job, want to save some money, or just need a place to maintain your car that's reputable and honest and just a good value. At Shardanauto tech dot Com, we're trying to get that shop on. We're dealing with that in the background. Mary, what is this problem with your apartment? And then Alton Richmond America Man, we used to get a lot of calls on them. When I'm done with Mary, I'll come to you. Mary, what's going on with this apartment?
Speaker 15: Hi? Sorry?
Speaker 12: How to take it off hole?
Speaker 1: No problem?
Speaker 12: So apparently are you can you hear me?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 1: I can hear you perfectly?
Speaker 12: Oh great, great, okay. So I'm over here at the Ventana at Colorado Station by there are a nine to five East Donald, it's off.
Speaker 6: The twenty five and Evans.
Speaker 12: Apparently there was a water main break on Sunday night, and of course all of us were sleeping, so nobody reported it until Monday morning. We have no water at all, and it's Wednesday. This is day three. And this company called Burge and Held, which is out of Indiana, doesn't care and they will not put us up.
Speaker 1: You're saying, they're the property management, the.
Speaker 12: Company that the Nationwide company that owns this property got it.
Speaker 1: So they're saying that they can't put you in another place. What are they giving you as far as an eta, Are they offering you bottled water? Are they offering you anything? I realized you can't take a shower with bottled water? But what are they saying?
Speaker 12: They're giving everybody bottled water, but they're not giving us a like water truck. I call a water truck company that, like you know, you can buckets of water with, and it's called Fusion. They said that they'll call my property manager and see if they can.
Speaker 1: You know, how long are they talking about this is gonna take?
Speaker 12: They don't know, because what happened was yesterday when they finally found the leak. It took Monday until Tuesday afternoon to finally find me.
Speaker 1: Hey, Doc, you want to make a call over there.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what I think.
Speaker 4: I think all she needs to do is get a room and then we'll go to small claims court.
Speaker 7: It's a slam dunk.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but I mean that's a pain in the ass. Plus I hear she's got a baby in the background. Now you're talking, Do I assume I'm hearing that right?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I've got three children under it.
Speaker 1: It's not right. Okay, Yeah, hold on. Doc's gonna call for you during break and we're going to see. I'd like to know when it's going to be done. And if it's not going to be done, Doc's one hundred percent right, you know, not having water, you could go somewhere. Most likely they would just reimburse you. Anyhow. I don't think you'd have to take them the small claims court, because, I mean, is an essential thing to.
Speaker 7: Have unless.
Speaker 12: Yeah, this has aft of being terrible and not giving a damn about the people that are are living here.
Speaker 1: Let's shake let's shake them up. We're gonna have dot call. Yeah, hold tight, Hold tight, I'll come back to you and he's gonna call right now. In fact, Kelly, make sure we get that information. And what did Rick have to say? Did he give you the phone number over there to the uh Phearah Auto house? Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Okay, hold tight.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you it was Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: I just got a call out of the blue from somebody. You ever get a call from somebody who thought was dead? I mean, I know that sounds odd, but here's the guy I've been trying to trace down ghost from the parts calling Yeah. So during the break, I looked down and says Ken Roady. I'm like, oh my god, I thought he was dead. And when I answered the phone, I literally said, hey man, I thought you were dead. And he laughed and said, well, I tried a few times, but I'll catch up with him. But have you ever received a call from someone you legitimately thought was no longer with us? Frank Duran, I.
Speaker 3: Can't thank you any Mark, but I do remember a comedian one time. He says, if only if my grandmother were here, today, I say, hey, Grandma, what are you doing here?
Speaker 1: You've been dead for ten years? Dunn all right, folks. Three L three seven one three eight two five. Deputy Doc found out a few things going on. Deputy Doc. She's headed over. They're scheduling showers at an off site location.
Speaker 7: I don't know where. She's just had them on my way to.
Speaker 1: Get a shower and stuff.
Speaker 7: Just clean up of three kids, yep.
Speaker 4: And she's gonna call me as soon as they get back cool, and then I'll take it from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna try to at least figure out a timeline. Unfortunately, there's not much you're gonna do when it's only been a few days. I mean, it's horrible. I would guess the apartment complex probably didn't even break the main line. This probably has something to do with Denver Water at this point, needing to get in there and fix it something. I assume it was Denver based on the address. Now three oh three seven one three A two five five, Kelly, did we reach out to that shop? In fact, my notes are gone on it here. It is Fierau Auto House. Kelly. She's reaching out to him right now, so hopefully she can get yeah, Alton, what's going on with you? Alton? Are you there?
Speaker 16: Take six?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: It says you got a problem with Richmond?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 15: Hold le okay, speaker, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, Miguel, hold on a second. I'm sorry. Think you got to put him on. Alton. I got to put you on hold because I have a business we've been talking about on the air right now that I need to talk to. I promised right after the big break I'll get back to you. I think we have an angel over at Richmond too, So depending on the problem, you might have called the right people. So hold on alright, Alton. I hate to do that to you, but I've got Miguel on. Miguel. You're the owner of Phiro's Auto House. Is that correct?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 18: Absolutely, I'm the owner.
Speaker 1: So I want to ask your side to this story. It's pretty simple. Rick said he brought his Mercedes over there twenty eleven. Your guy hopped in. He had to turn the steering wheel to get access to the front marker light. They turned it. I guess they put the new marker light in. Then, according to Rick the caller, your tech got back in instead of turning the car on, put a hot just put a ton of pressure on it and actually broke the steering column. Now the vehicle won't start, and there's other issues. What happened over there? Man?
Speaker 18: All right, let me explain to you. It's something easy. I mean when when he telling you my tech, I was the only one person working in his car, because it was a simple job, just as the light bulb, the sign market light bulb. And yeah, sure absolutely. I turned the stating wheel because it's having access to the light bulb. We need to turn the wheel all the way to the left, I'm sorry, to the right, and we have access there.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 18: I get on the car and turned on the car and I did my job and I went turned it off and I'm you know, I just straight straight the wheel back on their normal position.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 18: And I came to my office and I handle the key to my assistant, which is the one take care of the office, saying, you know, a charge of the suprimeplace a light ball and give it the key to him. And so he was inside of the car and he said, well, the car won't start. I said, well, hold on, you know, I mean it's the cold weather.
Speaker 15: I check it.
Speaker 14: You know how long ago?
Speaker 1: How long did it take for you guys to pull it in when he showed up? How long was it turned off.
Speaker 18: When the turn off probably was I mean just like five minutes the most, No more than that.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, Michuel. I hate to do this year, but we're up against a heartbreak and I really want to get your side of the story out there, because I figured there was a whole different side of the story and it sounded like it. Let's make sure he understands we got to go to break. He'll be the first back up after it, but I'm dying to hear the rest of the story. Five minutes later, the car won't start. Rick says. If he sees the video, it's going to be evident that they tried to crank the wheel and broke something. Man, we've got a mystery going on. Hang tight, another hour coming.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Leave time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: News you need so you don't have run Inoussas as we can, Shooter's gonna help. Come man, this is.
Speaker 1: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome my friends to the Only SHOWVI. It's kind of here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. We're here to go after the bad guys. We have a business owner on who I've got to get right back to really quick. But I've got to recap. Rick brought his vehicle over to Firo's auto house. All they were doing was a marker light, so basically up by the headlight, I think it was front right. So they get in, they had to turn the wheel, they turned the car on. They turned the wheel so they can have access with the tired angle. So they go up there, they replace it, They put the car back the way it was park it. Whatever they do, go inside right up the ticket and basically charge them. And Miguel how much did you charge him for that? Like, what fifty bucks?
Speaker 18: Ten buckss thirty bucks because he brings his own life back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so thirty bucks. They charge him thirty bucks. He goes out to the car and now the car doesn't start, and it had been offered, like you said, five or ten minutes. When you looked at the car after he came back in and said it didn't start, what did you find wrong with the car?
Speaker 18: Well, first of all, you know, I had to check the battery on the key. That's the first thing, you know, those.
Speaker 1: Electronic Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 18: Yeah, and I noticed was working fine. So I plugged the scan tool, which is a diagnostic tool we have and should or now it came out we called it says that steading module feil got it. So uh at this point, you know, I just want to go a little We're working on Mercedes for so many years and we have those problems with the C class see okay class. Uh, it's a common issue. And you know, as you you can go and check the reviews about Mercedes.
Speaker 1: Once I'll find out this module went bad.
Speaker 18: But it's not something we made. It's just you know, on the edge of the car. Anything can be happened anything, and it's a common issue of common failure on the Mercedes, that steading.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it. It just went out. It was a coincidence, Yes, I get it. So how much is that module in the programming it for it?
Speaker 18: Well, you know our cause because we had to sign up in our nastaff program we were members and NaSTA NaSTA is a national and all the service stuff for oh that's fine, and we had to go with them. Fill another application, go to the dealer. But the whole repair because we give it. The price to mister Rick, it was sixteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now I want to ask you some miguel. The only thing wrong with it was a module. The steering column itself wasn't broken, just the module for the ignition, correct, that's it. Okay, hold on one second, if you'd be that gracious now I want to go back to Rick.
Speaker 9: Rick.
Speaker 1: It's just that module that's bad. The actual steering column isn't broke, and that module can go out. I mean, there's nothing they did by broke to say it again broke.
Speaker 6: The all I need is a video. The lock on the steering column is broke. I just need the video. That's all. I need to ten minutes the video that he did the work on. That's all I need.
Speaker 1: Tom, Okay, hold on, man, Miguel, do you have video of this being done? Is that something.
Speaker 18: We never recorded our jobs like, I mean, especially the site marked light bulb. I mean, we don't recorder. Yeah, I gots and for the experience I have, I mean, it's a you know, this can be happens.
Speaker 1: Any moment I get listen, man, I get it, I get it. What I would like to know, though, Kelly, can we get I'd like to get Sheridan on one more time, please? What I do want to just absolutely understand though, the only problem right now is that module.
Speaker 18: Yes, actually I can give you hold on, let me go to them row wheel right around for him. And I was telling you exactly which part because you know it's.
Speaker 1: A people listening. Ro O writers their software that they.
Speaker 18: Give and you know what if somebody and your audiences a Mercedes expert, they can they can confirm where I say.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying though, is the you do not have to replace the steering column right, not.
Speaker 18: The seating column, but yeah, the steading module, which is one cylinder or one solinoid attached with the stealing column.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that is the you have to answer Rick's question though you have no video of it, right.
Speaker 18: No, I don't have a video because you know, we just put I mean I had a rapport for the diagnos we did after the car is filmed. Or don't start, I can provide you with the COLDE came up, which is the.
Speaker 1: Stealing the vehicles still there?
Speaker 18: No, he took it, he told it. We offered to do the repairs, you know, and I went to the fair.
Speaker 1: Hold on one second, Miguel, you just made me think of something. I want to ask him another question. I'm going to have you both on for a second. Hey, Rick, did you bring it somewhere else to get it looked at and verify what's wrong with it?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 6: I said, Mercedes is gonna be ready to day?
Speaker 1: And what did they do at Mercedes?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 6: And it was when mcguil looked at.
Speaker 7: It and Rick?
Speaker 19: Rick?
Speaker 14: Rick?
Speaker 9: Rick?
Speaker 1: What did they repair at Mercedes? Do you have the estimate I can look.
Speaker 6: At I will pick it up today is three thousand dollars stops?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 15: Rick?
Speaker 1: But what did they repair? What did they do.
Speaker 6: The steering module? Okay, lot steering lock in everything that intels it.
Speaker 1: Did they say that it was the other shop's fault? Did you tell him what happened? Did they have an opinion on that?
Speaker 6: Absolutely? I told him what happened.
Speaker 1: And what did they say. Did they say, yes, they could have done it, or did they say this is a common problem that can happen. What did they share with you?
Speaker 16: They shid it was forced U you know, some kind of force broke the steering column the wheel.
Speaker 6: Was saying, or does not luck?
Speaker 16: After I when I got in my car, after McGill had started up, turned the wheel, put in the light, the steering wheel was not rick.
Speaker 1: You're kind of making my own argument in Miguel's when you say that, because what what do you think he possibly did wrong by turning it on and turning the wheel? I mean, do you understand that a car that doesn't have any problems that wouldn't break?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well that's why Tom, Okay, the car was in the front of the building when he did the work. Yeah, it should be on video.
Speaker 1: He's saying, there's no video. Miguel, I'm gonna ask you for the fourth time, is there a video that we could look at? There no there's no video.
Speaker 6: Well, I was there all the time.
Speaker 9: Miguel was banging on something, making.
Speaker 6: Up uh you know, on my finger. I guess. I don't know how come you had to bang under defender to get.
Speaker 9: A screw looser words?
Speaker 1: Who fixed it? Who fixed it?
Speaker 9: Rick?
Speaker 1: Who ultimately fixed it? Mercedes who?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Mercedes? What Mercedes Dealership?
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Merd.
Speaker 1: I'm going to put them both on hold. Scott, I want you to get involved here. I want you to call Mercedes of Denver, okay, and if you need Rick's permission, maybe do a three way call. I want you to talk to them, and I want to know if they think that Miguel or whatever shop or what happened. That's what I want to know. I want to know if they think that I have no idea what happened here. I don't understand how Miguel could get in there and turn the wheel and the whole thing breaks in it his fault. I have no idea how that could happen in any normal car. We had our expert on that said you would have to get in there and basically yank on that wheel and put your feet up against the door in order to break something like that. The other thing I need to know, Scott, is what did they do? What did they do? Did they do just the module? Because if this is just the module and the steering column itself wasn't broken, I don't know what I once again I don't what Miguel could have possibly have done wrong. We've got to get to the bottom of this before my head blows up. That's what I want to know, honest to God, I want to know what they did and do they have an opinion? So Rick, Scott's gonna call you right now. We've got your info. Scott's gonna call you off air, and you guys are gonna call over and talk to the service manager together. Okay, okay, all right, that's what we're gonna do. Everybody hold tight, my God, and then Alton we're going to go back with Richmond and mar American after this. We do have two lines, opener. We will three zero three seven one three A two five five. Any technicians out there, mechanics, you heard that story. If you heard it, I want you to give me a call and give me your opinion. I honestly do am I missing something here. We're going to find out when we talk to Mercedes of Denver, but I would love to know your thoughts on it right now. If you have dealt with the twenty eleven Mercedes or something in that error that had this same type of issue, they bring it in, they turn the wheel, next thing you know, they've got to replace this module. Three zero three Martino, go with a sure.
Speaker 10: Thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 1: I sure hope Deputy Dollar gets to talk to somebody over at Mercedes of Denver. I want to figure out what they did and jump into that meantime. Three oh three Martino, we got a couple lines open. Three oh three seven one three A two five five don't forget Frank Duran, the real estate man in studio with us. And then we've got a referral list member coming in, Ryan Herbig. He's with American Liberty Mortgage. He's going to be talking rates and what these guys think. You know, really quick, Frank, where are rates right now? If you closed anything in the last couple weeks? Of course you have Yeah, are they closing at six and a half right around there?
Speaker 3: And we're hearing the rates are going to hover around six point three four and twenty twenty five. They're gonna see pretty much over here, a pretty steady which is actually a good thing because with increasing way that's going to get people more disposable income, we expect values to go up.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna dive into that with you and Ryan shortly. But I've got a lot of questions when it comes to rates. You know, people have such short term memories. You talk about two three percent, which a lot of people were in and now you start talking six. They think it's crazy, but the reality is five and a half to six and a half has been the norm forever. But we'll get into that. Alton, your issue with Richmond First of all, I appreciate you holding so long. So what happened? Is it a new build? What's going on with Richmond homes?
Speaker 14: Okay? I purchased his home May of twenty twenty two, and my driveway.
Speaker 1: Was it brand new? Alton?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it was brand new, okay.
Speaker 1: And they generally give you a one year warranty. Did you have that? I know it's May of twenty two, but did you have a one year warranty?
Speaker 14: I did?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 14: And uh and I really thought maybe with something, you know, it's just the year was up. I was going to be able to just replace it myself. But after noticing the neighborhood and my neighbor across the street from me his house is thinking they improperly compacted the soil.
Speaker 15: Oh wow, and you got you got hey.
Speaker 1: Alton, that's Alton. That's a big thing to say. I mean, typically when you're doing a foundation, you're you're you're compacting that to like ninety nine and a half percent. I mean, it's absolutely insane. And then they actually have well hold on here because when you when you say they didn't do it right, the problem with saying that is the inspectors come out and literally bore holes and then sign off on the compaction. So it sounds like, what are you saying that that possibly the inspector was in cahoots.
Speaker 14: I have no idea, but I know there's approximately five driveways that are either coming up, they're they're bulging up. Uh they have holes in them, you know, big big gaping holes in What.
Speaker 1: Do you mean by big gaping holes on you know?
Speaker 14: You la, you lay the concrete down, and then in between the concrete and the soil of the big caping hole, you can you can you can actually, Oh.
Speaker 1: I see, so you can you can look under there. Well, that could have been movement in any direction just when you go why did you even say they didn't compact it right then?
Speaker 14: Because Uh, like I said, everyone in the neighborhood is cracking out.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be the so a couple of things to do real quick.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 14: But but but the one more thing, Uh, everybody else on the other side, whoever built the other side, No one on their side. Uh another manufactured builds on the other side, and their driveways are perfect. Ours is buckling. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I get that there's a problem with the driveway. I understand that, but I don't know if that leads back to compaction. Your house. You mentioned one of the homes is moving. Is that true?
Speaker 14: That's true?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And is it sinking or is it up?
Speaker 15: Or what is sinking?
Speaker 14: Because he can't set his well they still have come out in his whole backyard, saint and then well no.
Speaker 1: But I'm talking about the house itself on the foundation. Did it sink or is it straight?
Speaker 14: He's unable to shut some of his doors in his house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so so where the driveway and stuff is not the actual garage or anything. But I mean, I don't even know what the compaction rate would have to be there. But if it's outside of warranty, you said there's five homes that are affected. How many homes are in that section of the neighborhood altogether?
Speaker 14: It's just it's just with then walking to the mailbox. So from my house to the mailbox there's approximately five houses.
Speaker 1: So but but hold on, Alton. What I'm saying is is there only five homes in that that Richmond neighborhood?
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, probably about five. I haven't seen anyone else, you know, in my neighborhood where I live it. Yeah, welcoming down the street and there's proximately five homes that are in my neighbor. He had his done because historian was thinking they did it. He caught it right at the one year mark.
Speaker 1: Well have you had an expert come out and look at it.
Speaker 14: No, I haven't.
Speaker 1: Well you said you were thinking you were going to get it done, but then you saw other people at issues. I'm just trying to think. I'm just trying to think your best way. I mean, have you even called Richmond. Have you talked to them and said, I've five and what did they say? You're out a warranty.
Speaker 14: You're out a warranty and all they do is send me the information about the warranty.
Speaker 1: Do you have pictures of this?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 14: I don't, but I can get some.
Speaker 1: I would like some pictures of yours, and then maybe a couple of your neighbors, whoever's closed. I can send them out to an expert. But I can't imagine. When I first started thinking of paction, I was thinking more of the foundation in the house going up or down. I don't I don't know what you're possibly going to do there. If it's just the driveway now, the one house that's shifting quite a bit. It'd be curious to see what's going on there. But then you started talking about it like it was the backyard, not the house.
Speaker 8: It is the backyard in the house.
Speaker 1: So the whole house is crooked the one guys, Well it's not.
Speaker 14: It's not noticeably. They did they actually sent an engineer out there, though, And what did.
Speaker 1: The engineer come up with? What did the report say?
Speaker 14: I didn't, I didn't. I haven't talked to him yet.
Speaker 1: Well, that would be very curious. What they what the engineer finds. Is Richmond working with him at all?
Speaker 14: Or no? Yeah, the Richmond's actually working with him, and he's going to they're going to replace his.
Speaker 1: Driveway also, see he might have had an issue. Hey guys, you're both in the home business here and I'm talking to Ryan and Frank, these new builders. What is typically have you done? Ryan her Big, he's with American Liberty Mortgage. I assume you guys have done some loans with new builders, right, like Richmond or Lamar or Leonar or any of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we've done a few.
Speaker 1: So what typically do you know off the top of your head or Frank, do you know there's a different a couple of different warranties. Usual, Usually the structure itself, for the foundation, might have a longer warranty than of course a driveway or something. Is this correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'll typically have the structural warranty, and then they'll have a lot like Lennard for instance, they had a warranty that lasts for a year. If anything breaks within the interior of the property, yeah, you can call them out and they'll take care of it, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then a lot of stuff. Even when it comes to the structural it's got to move enough to actually trigger in that warranty. So it's very possible that the neighbor did have a problem with the foundation itself, maybe it wasn't done right, maybe there was a compaction problem there. But you don't have that exact same issue, so it might be a different kind of warranty. You follow what I'm saying, Alton, Oh.
Speaker 20: Yeah, from what I've seen, the builders typically have a ten year structural warranty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's probably kicking in on this guy if they're actually helping them.
Speaker 14: Yep.
Speaker 1: Where this other one is just the driveway and that would probably fall under the one year. I think that's exactly what's going on in your case, Salton. And if the other guy's house is literally shifting, that would be a foundation problem and that would fall under that five or ten year structural. Does that make sense?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 1: When can you send those pictures over? I'd be curious to see him.
Speaker 14: I live in Pueblo, but I'm in the Springs today. Okay, just have them send me the information and well.
Speaker 1: I'm going to put you on hold. Kelly's gonna pick up. Here's what I want from you. Some of those pictures, nothing crazy, but you I want you to take some from Afar too. Just don't take a picture of a big crevice up close. I basically need to understand the gravity of it, even from a distance. Does that make sense to you?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So send a couple of those and then talk to your neighbor too. I would absolutely love if he would share. He might have signed a release or something at this point, I don't know, but I would love if he would share that structural. What do you call it? The report? Okay, I would love to see that and see why he's getting covered and you're not, and then we can send Wow, man, you're pretty far up in Pueblo. I've got a cement guy down here that's awesome, but he's not going to go to Pueblo. It's just not gonna happen.
Speaker 14: I no, I got I got a couple guys I can call to have it done. But it's just it's just, you know, I just feel like I shouldn't have to pay sport it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I get you, man. I mean you're only talking. You bought a brand new home. It's two years later, and your driveway sounds like, Hey, we'll get us those pictures and we'll assign someone to it based on those pictures. I'm gonna have one of our experts look at it down here, and maybe we can reach out to them when we have a little when we have a few arrows in our quiver, and maybe pull some strings and get something done for you. I can't make any promises because these new home builders, let me tell you, man, they're about as cut and dry as I've seen. It's either under warranty or not. Although I will say in the past we have had a few things work out in the caller's favor. So hold tight, Kelly, get all of his information please, three oh three seven one three talk.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content than.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three O three seven one three eight two five five. Scott's back in the room. We're gonna have an update. I'm not gonna do it right now because we're gonna go to this comment on that driveway and back to Alton. But here's the uh, here's the deal. Check this out. Scott actually talked to Mercedes of Denver. They're the ones that actually fix the problem with the steering wheel or the the no start, all these other problems. We're gonna figure out exactly what happened. We're gonna dig through, Scott, and then should we get the caller back up or no need to do that, Scott, Well, you can decide over break. What do you think?
Speaker 21: Yeah, he was on with you, and I don't think there's any reason to get get him back on.
Speaker 1: Okay, I am dying to hear what Mercedes and you did ask him if they thought the other shop was responsible. Oh, he's got all the info. He's got all the info. We're gonna find out. But you're gonna have to just wait. You're gonna have to wait to find out. Now, Alton, Dave's got a comment on your driveway. Go ahead, Dave, what's your comment, sir?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I've been doing utility for OBUs fifty years and I'm from Pleublo and I bet he lives over by the college or on the north side of town. And that stuff over by the college is expansive shell like that night.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 17: Well, I wouldn't say. I'm no engineer.
Speaker 22: I just did hold, but.
Speaker 17: It's just expansive.
Speaker 1: Clay, Hey, what area of town are you in? Alton?
Speaker 14: Oh? Hello?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what area of town?
Speaker 14: Northside?
Speaker 1: Is that where you're talking about, David? That's I I'm sorry, I already forgot. I thought you said southside.
Speaker 15: On the north side.
Speaker 17: Yeah, if over by the college.
Speaker 18: It's pretty bad.
Speaker 17: And over on the north side is really bad.
Speaker 14: I won't even do any.
Speaker 17: Work over there because you can't do anything about that stuff.
Speaker 1: It sounds like that's probably what's going on Alton. But let's stick to the exact same game plan we talked about. So make sure you give Kelly your information. Kelly grab Alton's info so we can reach back out to him after he sends us the pictures and hopefully the report from the neighbor. Then we're kind of dig back into there. Three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five. We have a couple of lines opener. We will in a second. Three oh three Martino, Gary, this sounds horrible. What's going on with you?
Speaker 18: Man?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Are you talking to me?
Speaker 1: Yes? Gary, I'm talking to you.
Speaker 15: Oh okay, yeah, Mark, Yeah, it is pretty horrible.
Speaker 1: What happened, man? I mean, I'm gonna just I'm going to share with everybody what's on my screen. It says you're having an issue with Weld County and your daughter was killed. Correct, what happened to your daughter?
Speaker 15: And when she at the gas station on the north side of None, a nineteen year old kid come pulling in there, and so right over with pick up with left front wheel.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, where was she? I'm sorry? Where was your daughter? What like? Is this a parking lot?
Speaker 15: Is walk right into the store, right right in front of the store, have none right in front of the gas station there and pulling in there? Run over? She was three months pregnant. Kill her and the baby right on the spot.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Jarry, I am so sorry. When did this happen.
Speaker 6: Out?
Speaker 15: Oh four weeks ago Monday?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is such a new wound for you.
Speaker 15: Oh god, star staring my family all the pieces I.
Speaker 1: Can't even imagine. Now was the driver caught? I mean, for lack of a better words, which.
Speaker 15: I stirred up a hornet's nest? I didn't a little tongue like none. You know, it's one hundred two hundred people, whatever the population is. The police chief up there is the one that did the investigation.
Speaker 1: And what did the police chief.
Speaker 15: Conflict of interest? There a little town like that or a good possibility, you know, you know, you know most of the people are owned I have.
Speaker 1: I'm looking up the town now, My goodness, man, it.
Speaker 15: Is it's flad On got right up towards Wyoming line. My daughter. I'm from don Colorado. I sold my home and I moved my corporation up to the Colorado I'm looking at it.
Speaker 1: It's like a population of five hundred people. It's right up by the border. It is a tiny town. What did what did the what did the sheriff or what did the police chief? What did they find in the office?
Speaker 15: And I had been talking to the district attorney. I couldn't get no satisfaction from the police chief up and none. They got their own police department.
Speaker 1: But hold on, Gary, Gary, I just I don't want to glance over some of this. I'd like to know what the police chief had to say. What did his investigation find. It's a parent you don't agree with it, But what did they find.
Speaker 15: That it was just airless driving? And but she was walking into the store right know, twenty feet or so in front of the building, and he was pulling into a parking spot and he run over with the left front wheel of the pickup and trust her.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, was he was here? Was he drinking?
Speaker 16: He don't know?
Speaker 15: He never no drugs or alcohol testing. This is what's seven o'clock in the morning. He never got his phone records or his cell phone stuff. I talked to mister Rourke DA up in will County yesterday and said, well, I don't think cell phone records will make any difference anyway. But they charged him with careless careless driving resulting in death. It's just a misdemeanor.
Speaker 1: Did you hear about that when you talked to the what DA did you talk to after you heard all of this from the police chiefs?
Speaker 15: Mister mister Rorke called me yesterday and and said, nope, evidence shows it was careless driving. And I asked him, you know, did anybody look at sophone record jets and that stuff for any drug or alcohol testing or anything. And he just said, well, no, you know, but I don't think that'd make any difference in only.
Speaker 1: God, this is horrible, man. Here's what I'd like to Oh God, it just it's I just I can't imagine. Gary. Here's what I'd like to do, though.
Speaker 15: I can I throw in another one, you can, but hold on here, hold on one second.
Speaker 1: I want to hear the rest of the story, but I've got to take this break. I promise I'll come back to you next And the other thing I'd like to do Kelly, if we could reach out to Joe Lazara. I want to see if those kind of charges is that the norm for what we're hearing, or if this happened in say, Douglas County, if this happened in Denver. I realize every circumstance is different, but I would like Joe Lazara to give us his opinion on it.
Speaker 10: After this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right three O three seven one three A two five five. We have Joseph Alasara on He's on our referral list at referral list dot com. Of course he's a He is an attorney at law that specializes in criminal activity. Now that sounds weird right now, that that didn't sound great for Joe. But Joseph criminal defense attorney, And Joe, I've got a question for you. This is so serious, it's it's nuts, man. I just don't know if it's normal or not. So Gary, and I'll bring Gary up if you have any questions for him in general. So Gary, E're up as well. But Joe, his great Gary, I'm sorry. It was your granddaughter, right, No, my daughter, your daughter and Susanne. I think found the article.
Speaker 15: But she was twenty nine, right, twenty nine years old, but they put in the paper isn't correct. She's she's got two boys at home. I won't say their names, are five and six years old. And then you're three months pregnant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you. I just I wanted to make sure the article was, you know, somewhat correct. So Joe, here's what happened. I mean, basically, she was walking into a gas station in Non Colorado. It's a little town, like five hundred people. Is that kind of like a convenience store slash gas station? Gary, I just don't know. And she was actually in like the parking lot, not like on the street.
Speaker 15: No, no, no, this she was right in front of the building. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, So she's walking into this, Joe, and this car comes in and basically runs over, crushes her, kills her and the baby. The chief of police, of course, is on the investigation, and ultimately they charge the guy with what Gary.
Speaker 15: Careless driving resulting in death and stuff.
Speaker 1: Careless driving resulting in death. They didn't do any kind of toxicology according to Gary, but it did happen at seven am in the morning, So I'm not exactly sure what that generally looks like, but that careless driving.
Speaker 15: They never got the cell phone records either. That's one of the biggest things.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the other thing, Joe. He's saying, maybe this guy was like staring at his phone. But let's kind of say, regardless of what they didn't do, from your experience, what would typically be done Joe.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, as far as the investigation, usually police officers are trying to determine the why and is a person not paying attention, is the person on the phone? Is the sun blocking them? But careless driving resulting in death sounds kind of trivial, But at the same time, a lot of times accents just happen, and that's the charge for when accents happen and people unfortunately are killed in these types of cases, Well, you can upgrade the charge if obviously alcohol is involved or something they believe that he's intoxicated or impaired by alcohol or drugs, or if the person's driving, you know, in a reckless manner.
Speaker 7: But usually if.
Speaker 8: It's simply hey that I didn't see that person crossing sons in my eyes, something of that sort, it's careless driving resulting in death, which could you know, wine carry jail, to carry the potential loss of license. Usually people are playing some probation and have a ton of community service. Those are generally standard penalties for that type of charge.
Speaker 1: Joe, when he talks about they didn't pull any text records, I understand where he's coming to. He's basically saying, Hey, this guy could have been texting or for that matter, you know, watching a YouTube video on the phone or something, and that distracted him and that caused it. Let's say that was the case, and they did the research, they pulled the records, and somehow they could prove that he was texting at that exact time. How that's actually done? I don't know, but let's say it could be would that actually change the charge or most likely not because Gary seems to be kind of fixated on that, Or would the charge even if he was doing that still be most likely the careless driving.
Speaker 8: In all likelihood, it'd probably still be the careless driving. And I let's say he's hot rotting dude going through the parking lot at one hundred miles an hour, big difference, you might not upgrade that, or if he's intoxkidd and you'd be able to upgrade it. But a lot of these cases it seems like it's not enough for the family who just lost. Of course you loved ones, but generally, more often than not, that's the charge, and it's hard. So you know, the charges aren't serious enough on the criminal side, and you have that civil recovery and that's not even enough.
Speaker 1: Hey, Joe, I have got this break coming up, but I'd like to hold you over if Gary's got any questions or Kelly can call you back. Is that cool?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And I also want to talk to you. We were Susanna and I were helping our son out in Nebraska, and I notice these signs everywhere in the state of Colorado. That basically say, you can get pulled over now or get into a lot of trouble if your phone's in your hand. And I'm curious if this happened next year, if there would have been as of January first, I guess, but I'm curious if this happened next year, if it would be different. So please give me that favor and hold on. Kelly see what he wants to do, but he'll hold with us. Everybody else just hang tight. Do you have a couple of lines open? Gary, I'm gonna let you talk to Joe when we get back.
Speaker 10: With any questions you have, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 11: You don't pay a.
Speaker 10: Cent until you're content. Leave time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: So you don't have runs. Can the shooter's gonna help coming this?
Speaker 1: He is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martinez, Welcome to the show, the only show of It's gotten. We're here to south problems, answer questions, take complaints, try to make your life a little bit better. In the case of this poor guy we got on the phone now lost his daughter four weeks ago up in Weld County, Non Colorado. She was hit and killed by a car in the parking lot. It's absolutely a horrible story. And we have one of our attorneys on who's an expert at referrals dot com. Joe is there a criminal attorney? And basically what I asked Joe in general, if something like this happens, and by the way, Joe, this happened at seven am in the morning. He said, there was no toxicology. Would that be pretty typical if an officer shows up, the ambulance shows up, and there's no signs of intoxication, would it be normal even in a death like this there would be no toxicology.
Speaker 8: Unfortunately, it is kind of normal. Okay, if they don't have any indicators, they won't do it.
Speaker 1: It's seven am too I mean, I'm not saying people aren't drunk at seven am. My god, if you've ever been to a Mexican resort or if you've ever been to Las Vegas, you know there's a lot of holes in that one. But absolutely positively at seven am, in general, they don't smell alcohol anything like that. You're saying, typically it doesn't matter where it happens, or at least in Colorado, there probably is not going to be toxicology.
Speaker 8: Yeah, unfortunately. I mean I think the better practices they should, but more often than not, it's just not done.
Speaker 1: And then what do they what does someone face as far as I don't know, jail time, I guess I doubt they'd go to prison for careless driving creating death. Is what is a typical sentence if there is such a thing, or what is the statute read? As far as what a judge can sentence.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, realistically, they're probably looking at probation, core cost, potential fine, community service, maybe some classes like defense of driving or victim empathy or something of that sort. But it does carry a potential jail sentence. I believe it's up to a year, and it could affect their license as well, you know, but more often than not, and we've unfortunately have handled several of these cases, we're able to negotiate it down to something where it doesn't affect a license. There's no jail, it's just you know, a lot of times they're looking at significant communities. Serves like one hundred hours in probation.
Speaker 1: Well, like you said, though, I mean basically what this charge is for is for an accident. I mean, you know, a simple as that, without other circumstances tying into it. Now, Gary, hearing all that, and I know I can just tell in my heart you didn't want to hear this kind of information because I'd be with you. Man, if this was my daughter, I would think this is such a travesty of justice and all that. But that's just not the way our system works. But I do have Joe on right now. You have any follow up questions for him? Gary, No, it just sucks.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's Karen with family, little pieces.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine Garry.
Speaker 15: Two little boy. She's got two little boys at home, five six years old and had the whole world by the ass everything was going her away.
Speaker 1: And Gary, I don't mean to switch the conversation into this because it might seem heartless for some people listening. But have you talked to a personal injury attorney because regardless of the criminal aspect in this, there is liability.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 15: No, we I've got somebody looking into it. And that's just in the early stages.
Speaker 1: Did he have I mean, did the guy have insurance? You don't even know.
Speaker 15: They haven't even given us this insurance information. Well that's it, but you have have you engaged guy's namely, Gary?
Speaker 1: This is very important. Have you engaged with an attorney? You have an attorney looking into it?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, good, good, good good, because that's what those kids are gonna need is whatever compensation you can get out of it. I mean, they still need to be fed. You get all that, and I'm sure you and your wife are significant other or whomever will do it. But you know that money helps for the kids big time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It sucks man, So so Gary.
Speaker 15: I I guess it's it's it's it's wrong. You know, whether it's a law or not, it's it's it's just plain wrong.
Speaker 1: Out of curiosity, if you could, if you could wave the magic wand in your eyes, what would be fair let's say he wasn't drunk, and I don't think he was because of the timing and because of the police didn't do anything. But who knows. It's we'll never know, no matter what, we'll never know. And let's say he I guess, Let's say he was looking at his phone or he was distracted, because it's in possible, it's impossible to believe he wasn't distracted because he ran over and killed her. So we know he was distracted. So if you had a magic wand and you were the judge and you could sentence anything, what do you think would be.
Speaker 15: Fair involuntary manslaughter?
Speaker 1: Well, punishment wise.
Speaker 15: Punishment wise, I'd like to see him do a minimum of a year.
Speaker 1: The one thing that hold on, go ahead, Joe, Yeah.
Speaker 8: The one thing I'll tell Garry is he has an absolute right to participate in the criminal case. So the defendant would have been charged with this careless driving resulting in death, he has a right to not only let the court know, but also the DA know his position what he thinks is an appropriate sentence, and they must take that into consideration. That doesn't mean they'll always go so on with it, but he has a right to participate, so.
Speaker 15: I'm getting any cooperation with the DA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was gonna. I forgot to kind of tell Joe that. So he did not like the charges brought, of course by the police, and then he reached out to the DA and the DA's office I guess said they looked into it whatever and got back to him and said, yeah, these charges are correct in this circumstance. So he has kind of went down that route. But Joe, I guess what, I guess really, what you're saying, though, is he has a right to be just notified of all the court dates and everything else as well.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, he has a right to appear in court, he has a right to object to any potential plea bargains, and he has a right to make a statement at sentencing and ask the court to impose whatever he seems appropriate in a case like.
Speaker 1: That, Gary, you should be you should stay diligent and do that. You should, you know, basically make yourself known.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, it's I plan on being fall in the very step of this. I got you, and I think it's I think it's truly an injustice.
Speaker 1: I trust me, man, I get where you're coming from.
Speaker 15: Gary, I learned me the most is he run over with the left front wheel of the pickup. He turned, he had the driver right around her to hit her. He was making a left into the Perking lot or into the Perkin spot right there, and he run over with the left front you know, she was right in his face. Something something's missing in this whole puzzle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gary, we feel for you here on the show. Big time man Kelly did me a favor. Let's make sure we have his info just so we can follow up in the future. I just I there's there's nothing anybody's going to do at this point. But if you stay diligent and stay on top of it, Gary, and you know, hold the DA's feet to the fire, hold the judge's fee to the fire. Least make your feelings.
Speaker 7: Know and Colorado or Toney General step in.
Speaker 1: I don't think so Joe is at even a possibility. I mean to me, this sounds Joe like everything's being done normal.
Speaker 8: Yeah, unfortunately, And Gary's welcome to call my office. I me more now I've we talk to them.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. So anyhow, let's let's go there. Gary, We're gonna grab your information. Joe doesn't mind talking to you, Joe. I want to switch gears a little here. This new law coming in to effect. Everybody sees these signs everywhere. What do you know about it? It basically says, if you have your phone in your hand, you're going to get a ticket.
Speaker 21: Correct, and you're painting on a first offense, twenty five dollars fine, two points against your license.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, two point Wait a minute, two points against your license.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So basically, penalties for violating the new law start with a seventy five dollars fine, two point license suspension points for the first defense, and then first time violators and have the charge to smith if they provide proof of purchasing a hands free accessory.
Speaker 14: Oh my god.
Speaker 21: Obviously, repeat offenders facing more fine and more points off their license.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm going to say Devil's advocate here. I hate this law. I think it's dumb, and I'm going to tell you why. You know how many times I look over and some ladies putting on makeup in the car. She doesn't get the two points for doing that. She would only get in trouble for doing that if it created an accident or it created her to weave out of the line. I find it crazy if I'm holding a phone and I'm driving the speed limit and I'm doing everything correctly, that I could now be punished by two points in the fine. But other people can be shoving a big Mac down their pie hole and run into somebody, but they don't get that extra two points, right, Absolutely, wouldn't you call that a victimless crime if there was no victim. I mean, if we've ever heard of a victimless crime before, it would be the fact I have my phone in my hand while I'm in the car. I can have a banana in my hand, I can have well, I'm not even going to say I can have anything else in my hand. But my god, if you have your phone you're in trouble. How's that possible that you could have some PERV I'm not even going to go there. I think people know what I'm going to say. They wouldn't get in trouble, would they. They wouldn't get the extra two points if they're following the road rules.
Speaker 9: I agree with you.
Speaker 21: I think the most frustrating thing is we drive down the road every single day. How many people are eating a hamburger or French Frise or whatever, and they're more dangerous than me talking on my phone driving does well.
Speaker 1: I think the biggest thing is people putting on makeup guy or a girl these days. But whatever. So here's the other thing I want people to know. Then I appreciate you coming on, but I always tell people this if they're coming up on a road sobriety checkpoint. A couple things. One what we understand from talking to you all the time is they have to give you an option to turn off and not participate. So there'll be plenty of right Joe saying hey, sobriety checkpoint ahead, and they have to give you a place to not participate in turn and go a different way. Yes, period, end of story. Now, if they ask you at the sobriety checkpoint have you been drinking? Your best scenario, whether you've been drinking or not, is not even to answer or to say no, because if you do admit to drinking, then all of a sudden they can pull you. You're giving them probable cause to do a lot of other stuff. Is that correct?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Once you admit drinking or they detect alcohol, they're going to move into the next phase. Have you pull over and they're going to have you do voluntary roasters.
Speaker 1: So typically, let's say you just left Applebee's and you had one beer and you were there for an hour, and you know you're not intoxicated, and they you hit one of these checkpoints, or you get pulled over just by yourself and they say have you been drinking? And you say, yeah, I had one beer at Applebee's. That within itself basically opens you up to everything when it comes to drinking.
Speaker 8: Right, and it opens up the door to the next part of the investigation out.
Speaker 1: So what would you tell people typically to do in a scenario like that? Do you just not say anything? Because, let's face it, how awkward would that be. The cop says have you been drinking? And you go, I'm not going to tell you. I mean that that within itself is crazy, but they're not supposed to do anything at that point, right, Yeah.
Speaker 8: I would always tell somebody to say no. And then the next step is the officer either has to let you go on your merry way, or if they have enough that information, they.
Speaker 15: Could proceed to the next place.
Speaker 1: And then if they ask you, let's say they they say they smell alcohol and you haven't been drinking but whatever. So at that point, because they say they can smell alcohol, can you decline to take the roadside breathalyzer or you get in big trouble for that? And then can you decline to where you touch your nose and hop up and down on your toes and all that stuff.
Speaker 8: So all roads maneuvers, including the portable breast test on the scene, are voluntary.
Speaker 15: You do not have to do those.
Speaker 8: Those are used to help them establish problem cause, to determine whether or not you're intoxicated or impaired. Now, where I run into people that have problems is they'll refuse the chemical test once they've been arrested.
Speaker 1: And that could be a blood test. That's typically a blood test.
Speaker 8: It could be blood or breath. And what's interesting is Douglas County is now taking the approach that if you refuse, fine, they'll mark you as a refusal. You're potentially losing your license for at least a year.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: No, by the way, we're going to get a warrant and we're going to seize your blood anyway, and we're going to use your blood result against you.
Speaker 1: Oh so if you do refuse, no matter what, you're going to lose. In fact, that's not actual criminal is it. At that point? That's DMV re revoking your right to drive because you agreed in the state of Colorado when you got a license you would submit or you would lose your license. But that's not getting a dui. So what you're saying is not only do you lose it for that year, which is more of what an administrative hearing.
Speaker 8: Yes, it's administrative civil hearing.
Speaker 1: Now, then they'll come after you get get they'll get your blood and then they'll go after the dui.
Speaker 7: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Hey, odd of curiosity if that happened to somebody, And tell me if you've run into this with any clients they do pull it and there is no alcohol, do they still lose their license for a year. How strange would that be? But they probably do because of the refusal right they do. And it's it's scary.
Speaker 4: You would you recommend somebody who does who hasn't had any alcohol to do a roadside bread.
Speaker 1: Test just a safe topic.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if you haven't been drinking, absolutely, I do a portable bread TSK. And if for some reason you got arrested, I would to a chemical test whether that's but or breath because you don't want to go through the hassle, and that's the one piece of evidence that will prove your innocence.
Speaker 7: Correct.
Speaker 1: But if you're okay, Joe, then I'm going to ask you. I got to take this great, but I'm gonna ask you one more question then I'll give your info out. But if someone has been drinking and they is there any time you would ever say you shouldn't have taken the chemical test, the one you.
Speaker 5: Have to.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 8: I mean everything you do is evidence that's used against you. So if you have, if you've been drinking, you're highly intoxicated, and you have multiple priors, Yeah, that evidence is just going to hang in.
Speaker 1: It's going to hang you because it could be it could be a felony at that point, you could be facing ten years or whatever.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a lot of times you're better off not giving the state evidence to convict you got it.
Speaker 1: But like you said, Douglas County, now they're gonna they're gonna grab it anyhow. And you know, I don't have a problem with that. But you know what this guy everybody listening, Joe knows the system inside. Now he does flat rate pricing, at least on DUIs, but pretty much anything criminal Joe can handle. He's a great guy. And the reason I tell you this is I want you to put his phone number in your phone right now, because when something happens, you need that number. You don't want to be googling some clown's number. You want Joe Lazera. He knows the judges, he knows the das. If you're guilty, he's going to get you the best deal possible out there. And if you're innocent, he's going to get up and convince a jury you didn't do anything wrong. Joe Lazzara three oh three, four to two nine sixty two hundred three zero three four nine sixty two hundred. I got to take a break. I promise. We've got a question on a home edition. We've got a couple questions by text on loans, and then Cheryl has a question or a problem with a landlord. One line open, three zero three Martino, three oh three Martino, Go.
Speaker 11: With a sure thing.
Speaker 10: Denver's Best Rufer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation, comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estateman dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Okay, so a little bit of good news out there, but it's going to be shocking what it means to homeownership in refinancing getting cash out. By the way, Frank Duran, the real estate man in with me, and then Ryan Herbig, he's been on a referral list or referral list dot com. Welcome into studio, by the way, Ryan, and I'm hoping to see more of you here. But here's the bottom line, American Liberty Mortgage. You guys do about every kind of loan known demand. You guys, reverses of course, fifteen thirties, twenties, really whatever people need. As far as lending cash outs. You even do helock loans if they just want to tap in and maybe update that kitchen or whatever.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, we do he loocks. We do all the traditional stuff. Conventional fhava. We got outside of the box loans. We can use bank statements to qualify. We have very very good programs for it.
Speaker 7: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: You can use bank statement so instead of like having to talk about your job history, you can go off of basically just assets. Yeah. So an asset based loan, whether it's cash or whatever, well, it's it's a bank statement.
Speaker 20: Loon is typically going to be for a self employed person that doesn't claim enough income on their taxes qualify.
Speaker 1: Because they're trying to save money on their taxes. Correct, and a lot probably every contractor in the world falls into that, a lot.
Speaker 5: Of self employed people do.
Speaker 20: So we can actually take twelve months of their bank statements and they will add that income up and depending on the type of business, they'll take any expense ratio off of that and we can use that as qualifying income.
Speaker 5: I'm actually working on one right now.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's really cool. And the success rate is fine. I mean, it all comes down to numbers.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 20: We can actually submit the bank statements to any of our investors that do them, and they'll calculate the income. In about a day, we'll have the income and then we know exactly how much we can use.
Speaker 1: So about two minutes ago, interest rates just drapped a quarter Is that what the FED did?
Speaker 5: The FED funds rate dropped a quarter percent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which, so think about this. This is amazing to me. So what that means in general, that's the money the banks borrow from the FEDS, from the government exactly. So they are now borrowing. All these banks around are literally borrowing. You got to remember they borrow money every night basically depending on where they are. I mean, this money moves around so quick it's crazy. But right now the banks are borrowing at a quarter point less. Correct. But interest rates have reacted for homes like a thirty year fix has reacted. How in the last ten minutes or whatever.
Speaker 5: Mortgage rates are actually going up now explain that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not the first time it happens, and I don't mean get into a crazy story about it, but eventually it should catch up. Yeah.
Speaker 20: So the FED funds rate, as you mentioned, is the rate that banks borrow money. So that's going to affect your auto loans, your home equity lines of credit, bank specific loans. Mortgage loans are driven by mortgage backed securities YEP, which are traded a little bit differently. Also, they's somewhat tied to the ten year note. But what we're seeing is so the Fed dropped a quarter today. However, in the last couple of months, we've had some higher inflation numbers than what the Fed wants to see. Yeah, of course, So what's moving mortgage rates in a bad direction is we believe the Fed next year is only going to lower once or twice instead of they were talking about four to five quarter point drops.
Speaker 1: So it was a conversation afterwards. They weren't talking four or five total points. Now they're only talking.
Speaker 20: We're talking twenty five or fifty bait points or a quarter or a half percent instead of one to one and a half percent that was expected next year.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, both of you been in the business a long time. Frank Dran the real estate man, Ryan, So looking back in your careers, either lending or selling homes, what would you say the average or medium median? I don't even know if I want to put it that way. I want to go back to average. Now that's not fair. It's not fair in either way. The median interest rates on a thirty year market because people got really used to two and three percent. I know people that were doing cash outs because in Colorado the equity was going up so quick they could do a cash out every six or eight months and basically, well they're basically selling their house the slow way, but they were pulling cash out constantly. What would you say in your careers the average.
Speaker 5: Was I would say mid fives, the mid sixes.
Speaker 1: Five and a half to six and a half.
Speaker 3: Frank, that sounds about right, I say, yeah, between four five, maybe in the sixes.
Speaker 1: But boy, I've done it for thirty years.
Speaker 3: I remember when the rates were a lot higher too, and then they went really low, and then I remember we purchased I think at a four percent interest rate. There they're down there around four percent for a while.
Speaker 1: So our first house, Suzanna and I bought from US Homes in Parker, Colorado, Clark Farms. The house was brand new, one hundred and ten thousand, nineteen ninety three, babe as Ra nineteen ninety three. The interest rate was basically seven percent six ' nine and that was just the going rate at the time. So that's nineteen ninety three, but the house was only one hundred and ten That house probably right now sells. I would assume four hundred thousand, I mean maybe, but crazy amounts or way more.
Speaker 20: We got very spoiled after the mortgage meltdown because between twenty ten and twenty twenty two, interest rates were being artificially held low by the Fed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, so that was that was an unusual What's really strange about that is the people in their twenties are the people that were first time home buyers in that period of time. Now look at the rates now like they're insane, and they're not. I mean, six and a half percent is not insane by any means. You could go talk to my dad during Jimmy Carter that had a thirteen percent mortgage all day long. You can go back to where Susanna and I bought our first now in the early nineties, and seven percent was average. So, I mean, where we're sitting right now is not crazy. But if you came up in the last if you were twenty five years old in twenty ten, you thought interest rates were always as slow. Yeah, you guys do VA too, right, Yes, a lot of a ton of VA.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's about half of my business, half of your business, yea. And what's the biggest deal of VA. You can get one hundred percent loan to value. Yep, yeah, you can borrow a hundred percent and then how about cash out? You can go up to one hundred percent cast percent even on a cash out, and the rates are typically going to be a little bit lower than a conventional loan. The qualifications are typically going to be a little bit easier. We can go to lower credit scores. They're just they're a little they're a little more friendly to get qualified. But obviously you've got to be a veteran. All right, real quick, Cheryl, what's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 13: Thank you for taking my call for love your show, real cook, I'm a landlord. The way you worded it, I think you thought I always had a problem with the landlord. But I am the landlord.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so you've got a problem with a tenant.
Speaker 13: Great tennis. But I just keep hanging in there with them.
Speaker 1: What are they always late? I mean, give me an idea, always late, always late.
Speaker 14: They eventually did.
Speaker 13: Pay up, and then they're back to being late again.
Speaker 1: They just drag it on. Okay, hold tight. I want to do a couple of things. One I would like, well, I want to find out exactly what your question is. But I think we'd probably like to get on our real estate attorney, and I like having experts on whenever, So Kelly, maybe we reach out to Brad O'Brien. Jan's got a problem with a dentist. There is nothing like having trouble with the dentist. We had one dentist years ago, got I say years five, six years ago. The kid had braces orthodonists. He had braces, and the mother wasn't making the one hundred dollars a month's payments, and the kid was in pain because of the they needed to be adjusted and they started digging into his guns. You know that bastard wouldn't adjust the braces and that kid was in pain because the mother couldn't pay until we got involved.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: You know, we were talking during the break and Ryan was telling me a couple of weeks ago he actually locked a couple people in on what'd you say, a VA loan? Were they good?
Speaker 5: VA streamline refinancial?
Speaker 1: Oh, streamline five and a half percent? And I started thinking, you know, it would be cool people that want to actually, you know, they either need cash out or they're moving, they have to do it if they contact you. I don't know if you do this service or not, but they can kind of eyeball or you can keep an eyeball and then when different rates depending on the product they want, hit around that area, boom, you can pull the trigger. So you're kind of doing all the research for him, because that's what you do for a living, and have everything ready to go to be able to lock them in. I mean, do you guys do anything like that?
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've got a whole all of my clients. I've got a list and we have target interest rates and when they hit there, I get alert.
Speaker 1: They're right there. But at five and a half. People would kill for that streamline two weeks ago at five and a half. That's nuts. Yeah, And streamline means there's no appraisal. They're basically doing a quick cash out, just a quick refin.
Speaker 20: Well, you're actually on a streamline, you cannot pull cash out, no cash Yeah, So it's just lowering interest rates.
Speaker 1: They lower an interest rate or term or term. Yes, you can go from a thirty to a fifteen, pay that thing off and twice the twice the speed. And then Frank brought something up. And then Cheryl, I'm gonna come right back to you. But Frank, you brought up people waiting for interest rates to go down, or they're sitting on the fence selling their house. Explain what your point is and I get it because while they're waiting for interest rates to go down, which can happen or not happen, the value of their house is going up.
Speaker 3: So go ahead, Yeah, Mark, think about this. When rates were down to three and four percent, people were paying through the roof. There was hardly any inventory out there. They're paying sometimes forty fifty eighty one hundred grand over asking yep. So they had the lower interest rate, they were paying more for real estate. And now watch this last month. Statistically, fifty percent of the homes before they sold how to do a price reduction before they went under come price reduct price reduction.
Speaker 1: So by waiting for interest rates to come down, by giving people looking a better opportunity to buy more house, yes, they're actually not doing anything because the home itself is coming down.
Speaker 3: They're getting better deals. And on top of that, six percent of those homes they gave the sellers paid concessions towards interest, straight buydowns or fix ups on the home. So buyers actually are getting better deals.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 3: Now maybe the rates are a bit higher. You can always refinance down the stretch.
Speaker 7: What did you guys?
Speaker 1: You know you can always refine? What did you guys say? You said, marry the interest rate, But now I marry the house date the rate. Marry the house date the rate. Interesting?
Speaker 14: I like that.
Speaker 1: Three O three seven one three eight two five five. Hey Cheryl, so what is going on with your tenant? We know they're not paying you, but then they get caught up. What's the question.
Speaker 13: Okay, it's I don't want to go into anything they don't need, but let me just give you some pros and cons real quickly about this particular tenant, which is why I'm so twisted on my decision to a victim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't even know if you can a victim if they're caught up.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well they're not caught up for this.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 13: This is happened countless time.
Speaker 1: All right, So go ahead, tell me about these people real quick.
Speaker 13: He has remodeled the house, okay, since he's been there off and on. Okay, and there's not nearly enough communication on doing it with trips me. He's got five kids. Yeah, it's Christmas time, and those are the things keeping me from following through on this.
Speaker 1: Well, Cheryl, you can't. You couldn't kick him out that quick right now. Anyhow, I guaranteed be in that house for Christmas. I think you got to figure out if you want him long term. When's the lease up?
Speaker 13: It is le up in February. I was going to continue it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I came through with the rent.
Speaker 13: I was going to lease it to him by the month. Yeah, after February.
Speaker 1: It's pretty hard just to get rid of someone if they're caught up. I understand you're saying they always get behind, but when you show up for an eviction hearing. If you start the eviction process and give the notice, if you do everything right, you show up and they cure the debt right then and there, they're back in the game. There's nothing you're going to do about it. In the state of Colorado. In fact, it's worse than that, Cheryl. I don't know if you know this, but if you're not going to move into that property now, or if you're not going to sell that property, and there's some other events that you can get rid of them. But in general, if you just want to get rid of them for anything besides nonpayment, you can't even cancel a lease on them anymore. Well, then I'd be silent too if I was a landlord here in that for the first time. I mean, but that's what we get for voting for who we voted for. So I mean that's that.
Speaker 13: I mean, yeah, very very well aware of that one.
Speaker 1: So I don't I mean, I can't make a moral I'm not going to help you make a moral decision on your tenants. But what I do want you to know is I don't know how much of a choice you have. I mean, if you figure out if you want to get rid of them. What I can do is tomorrow I can get Brad O'Brien on he's in court today, and we can talk to Brad about different ways you could literally get rid of these people. But in general, if they cure the debt, even if they're late, you're not gonna get rid of them in Colorado anymore unless you're gonna move back into the property or sell the property. That's just the way it is. People think I have a one year lease with Joe Blow. When the one year lease is up, I don't have to rent to him anymore. That is not the case in Colorado. I don't know how else to put it. It's simply not the case. And I'm not going to argue if it's right or not. I think it's horrible. I think it's gonna ultimately make it to where there's less properties to rent, which means they're going to be more expensive. I think it's gonna have a negative effect than what the liberals thought it was gonna have. But none of that matters because it's the rules now. David and jan you hold tight.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer excelroofing dot Com you don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 11: Find out now three all three seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 10: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 1: News. So you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come run anxious fast as you can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome my friends to the only show of its kind. We're here to south Fromise, answer questions, take complaints. Over three hundred million dollars say it with me, three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandice exchanges, refunds services directly due to the show. And it's actually quite a bit more than that. That's what we can track over a forty five year period. By the way, the longest running show in the country with the same host, the longest running show. I love when people try to find one that's run longer with the same host. Tom has been in Colorado forty five years. Forty five years. He was doing something similar prior to this, But right here in Colorado forty five years, there's nothing else. The closest would be the Grand Old Opera, which is still on, but it's had numerous different hosts over the years, numerous. The only other one close would be Howard Stern, but not quite very close, though very very close. How long Stern been on Dragon? Do you know it's been a while?
Speaker 9: Not sure, but I would think even Rick Lewis in this building might be able to give Tom a run for money.
Speaker 1: But I think even Ricks only thirty years. Yeah, forty five years, can you believe it? Forty five years? J COR, I don't know who he was. Oh, actually he told me this. It was owned by Prior to j COR, it was owned by like General Electric, I mean, some weird conglomeration like that. Then it was j Core. Then of course Clear Channel bought out j Core, and then eventually, you know, j COR sold off all the radio stations to iheard. I think they kept the billboards, which they probably still own and Ryan Herbig. You have offices in Colorado Springs and Denver and Colorado Springs. You guys have billboards everywhere out here. You don't see billboards, no, Yeah, isn't that weird. Our rules on billboards in Denver are crazy, good, bad, are indifferent. But it's funny. When I go down to our affiliate in the Springs KRDO, Holy moly, man, there's billboards every ten feet. I'd say it's a little overkill.
Speaker 5: They have a lot of billboards, a lot of electronic billboards now a ton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's if you own the proper space, that's the way to do it. Absolutely. Hey, we were talking different mortgages. American Liberty Mortgage. Ryan her Big is one of the owners. He's been with us on referral list dot com for years and years and years. I do commercials for you down in Colorado Springs. People when it comes to interst rates right now, people think they're high, but honestly, I don't think they're that high. If you do the math, if you have a lot of credit card debt, that could be twenty seven percent. If you have a card debt that you're in at ten to thirteen percent and you can REFI get some cash out and pay off that debt. If you crunch the numbers for people, you can save a ton. I mean, even if you perceive interst rates is a little high, they're probably more in line right now than they have been in twenty years. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would totally agree with that.
Speaker 20: And if you've got not only credit card debt, but a lot of people have taken out personal loans.
Speaker 5: I've secured those are fifteen to twenty percent.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll tell you a big one. We get calls on the these weird loans where like you can either go on a vacation and pay for it over time, or you go buy an appliance or a set of tires or have a car repay. You get six months with no payments, no interest. But the second that becomes due, not only in a lot of people don't realize this, not only does that money do right then in the interest kicks in, but all the interest for that free amount of time kicks in. So you could literally double what you owe just by going over that period of time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this pay as you go programs, you got to be very careful with them.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when you talk streamline, we talked about this a streamline right now. A couple of weeks ago, you had a couple you locked in at five point five. That means you go in. There's no cash out, but you can either change the term from like a thirty to fifteen or just to a refinance. But you don't have to pull an appraisal. What else don't you have to do.
Speaker 20: There's no income documentation, there's no debt to income ratio requirements.
Speaker 1: So basically you pull a credit report.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, it is based on a credit score, and you cannot be late on your mortgage, so as long as you've made twelve payments on time, or you can streamline. You can streamline and literally like snapping your fingers, and it's.
Speaker 1: Cheap because you're not paying for the appraisal and all this other stuff. And then you talked about contractors, Frank, how often will you have someone that has a business like a contractor and you know, come the end of the year, it doesn't look that good, but you actually made a lot more money. You don't want to give Uncle Sam everything. I'm not saying they're lying on their taxes, but you know they might be playing the game. Right, let's put it that way. How many times does that happen and it becomes an issue with your buyers. Frank, like a contractor or a small business owner has a few issues or a few hurdles to go over for the financing part, compared to someone that's just on a W two mark. I rarely ran into that, Okay, I mean once in a while, you do.
Speaker 3: But the great news is, before we even get them out there looking at properties, we get them very well prepared. We'll have a do an initial prequell. If they're not quite there, we get them on a roadmap to get them ready to help them. Oh yeah, yeah, So we don't just rush them in there, get them out there.
Speaker 20: Do you guys do the same thing, Ryan, Yeah. But this time of year is really advantageous for self employed people. So if I'm working with somebody and they didn't claim enough income in twenty twenty three, what I like to do is set an appointment with them in late January or early February and look at their year end numbers and we can literally go down and show them what kind of income they need to claim for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: You can help them correct so they'll qualify for the loan. Yeah, now you see it a lot because you're on the loan side.
Speaker 20: Yeah, so this this is a good time of year to do that because January February you can actually plan what they're going to do.
Speaker 1: And what is that kind of loan called? Is that just a traditional thirty year what is it?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is it non convent?
Speaker 5: No, it would be a conventional loan.
Speaker 20: So let's say I'm qualifying somebody and they didn't claim much income last year in twenty twenty three. Yeah, we can plan in January February for their twenty twenty four income tax return. Once they file that return, then we can use that. How about qualifying income?
Speaker 1: How about someone that's either retired or they I took time off I don't know, for whatever reason, they haven't worked for a year, but they have plenty of cash on the bank on hand, either in the bank or wherever. I mean, how do you guys look at that? Is there loans out there for people like that or refinance option for people that you know, basically have money but want to get a better interest rate.
Speaker 20: Yeah, there's there's asset depletion loans. There's quite a few different programs for that. Fany and Freddie have one.
Speaker 1: And you guys look at all this stuff.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we can deplete assets as income to qualify. Another thing is if they have a four toh one K or an ira and they're over fifty nine and a half, they can literally set up a withdrawal distribution and I can use that amount immediately as qualifying income immediately, oh as qualifying inca as long as they have a three year continuance.
Speaker 1: And that you can also, speaking of people in that age range, you can also go in and do a reverse mortgage, or you.
Speaker 5: Could do a reverse mortgage in that case too, okay, yep.
Speaker 1: And then usually a reverse mortgage they can tap into what fifty percent of the equity depending on.
Speaker 20: Age thirty to sixty depending on age Oh yeah, sixties.
Speaker 5: Think he's going to be way older.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're not going to have a way younger spouse or anything like that. But you can answer all the questions on that stuff. That's what I love about these guys. American Liberty Mortgage. If you give them a call, the bottom line is they'll find the right loan for you. I mean, that's really the way to say it. Yeah, how about if they're a first time home buyer. Do you guys have options like where you only have to put ten percent down, or you know where you get grant money or things like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot of programs.
Speaker 20: CHAFF is probably the most popular one Coloradousing Finance authority, and you know the in and out.
Speaker 5: They'll do one thousand dollars down.
Speaker 1: We have a one thousand dollars down.
Speaker 20: Yeah, you can do as little as one thousand dollars down. Structure the contract correctly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Is that going to lead to a lot of foreclosures one thousand dollars down.
Speaker 20: CHAFF has been around for a very long time, so it's been successful. It's been a pretty successful program. They do require a first time home buyer class to be taken, which hopefully alleviate some of that post for contact.
Speaker 1: Don't you think they should have a first time credit card?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ass, I mean, I like in high school they do.
Speaker 4: You can have a prepaid credit card and have a limit on it and you can get your credit school.
Speaker 1: No, but I'm saying, just even in high school, explain to these kids how the hell you know eventually all you're paying is interest for the rest of your life.
Speaker 4: They've got to have some kind of life lesson in high school so kids can balance the checkbook, know about.
Speaker 7: Credit, know what to buy, how to buy a car or lease all of it. What to do with renting an apartment. That stuff needs to be taught.
Speaker 1: How many first time homeowners do you get, Frank boy, I'd say mark for us, that makes it.
Speaker 3: But maybe about twenty percent of the buyers they are first time buyer. Yeah, they're first time buyers, but a lot of those are referrals of clients we've held for years where now their kids are growing up, they're ready to buy a house now.
Speaker 1: So hey, you just ryan if someone is either a first time buyer and maybe they're going through a different lender, but they haven't signed any agreements yet, how do you shop for a mortgage? Honest to god, like some people go years and years ago. I remember going to Rocket Mortgage or Quickened Loans or something and I filled out stuff online. I must have had ten thousand people call me. It was the worst thing I ever did. I ended up not going with any of them. How is a way to shop if someone's got a quote from you know, somebody else in town and they call you up. I mean, how does one shop for a loan. Is there a chance your interest rates are going to be lower? Or if we don't even care about interest rates, you're looking at the total costs going to be lower.
Speaker 20: Yeah, there's typically working with a real estate agent, you know, like Frank, They're typically the best way is to have them refer people. Yeah, because usually working by referral is the best way to do it. Most of the time referrals. We get people through referrals as well.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess what I'm asking is, are you, actually, I'll put it this way, cheaper In other words, are you going to be cheaper than some Joe Blow that calls you off of a Quicken loans or a Rocket Mortgage or whatever's out there.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 20: I mean there's thousands of mortgage companies, but I would say we're on the cheaper lower rates.
Speaker 1: As you're aggressive, let's aggress what it is. Yeah, you want the business.
Speaker 20: If you're gonna call one hundred lenders, you'll probably find somebody that may have a better rate. But we're gonna beat USAA, typically Rocket Mortgage and all the big boxes.
Speaker 1: You're gonna beat all them. That's I love the show and.
Speaker 20: Most important on service because I think Frank would agree. Working with the local lenders is the way to go. Oh, you're gonna hold your hand and make sure they get to that table.
Speaker 3: To Ryan's point, let me tell you how many times I've had a listing buyer comes in with an out of state lender. The headaches that causes the lack of communication. I mean, great, great point.
Speaker 1: Hey David, what's going on? Oh, by the way, I've been asked four times now American Liberty Mortgage. Is this your direct number?
Speaker 9: Ryan?
Speaker 5: That is my mobile number?
Speaker 1: All right, listen, I'm gonna give you a cell number. So he's here for another forty minutes, but after the show, any questions if you need to cash out, I'm being honest to god, I've known this guy forever. We probably talk once a month. I end up reaching out here for some form of a question. But American Liberty Mortgage, right down, Ryan, he's one of the owners. Seven nine six nine zero zero four to three. Any questions you have, maybe you're thinking of that reverse mortgage. You'll be honest with people if it's right for him too, right, I mean there's reverse mortgages can be the worst thing for some people. Yeah, I mean absolutely the worst thing. But other people, if they want to stay in that house, it might be the only option. Exactly six nine zero zero four to three. And of course, Frank Deran, the real estate man, I've said this one hundred times, Frank, you saved me so much money buying our house in frank Town. It's crazy. I had one lady call years ago arguing with how much you saved me. I'll never forget that. I was so mad at her. You saved me basically one hundred thousand bucks. He walked in with the negotiations. He said, Mark, what's the most maximum we can throw in this guy's face and the quickest we can close, and let's let's knock him over the head. And that's literally what you did. In fact, Ryan, it was so crazy he accepted it because I think Frank, he only gave him like twelve or twenty four hours. You gave him almost a tight timeframe.
Speaker 5: I remember that, a.
Speaker 1: Very tight time frame. And what happened a couple of days after that, he wanted out, after all the paperwork was signed. He had second thoughts, but Frank found out he had two mortgages. The one on this he hadn't lived there for almost a year and the mortgage was like eight hundred thousand or whatever it was. And then the guy had another mortgage in Georgia or Tennessee wherever he was. This guy's debt service was insane, so we knew he talked. But that's the value that Frank brings. And that's the reason Frank Duran, like it or not, sells more homes than the average realtor sells in a year. In one month, you literally sell more in a month than Joe Blow and almost all the other realtors selling a year. That's incredible.
Speaker 3: Well, thank god it didn't happen overnight. Mark, But I'll tell you remember when we were doing that Franktown deal. Yeah, some of our great conversation we'd have what member one two in the morning sometimes, oh my, we had a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Though we got it done. If we did get it done, that guy was going crazy towards the end. He wanted out of that deal. Frank knows how to he knows how to negotiate. That's the best way to put it all, right, Listen, I promised David and jan I promise I'll come to you when we have guests in especially interesting stuff. I love talking money, honestly. People always need loans and people need to know where to go and how to do things, and that's one of the things this show does. But we're going to jump into a problem with a dentist and then a question on a mobile home edition right after this, go.
Speaker 10: With a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies out now three three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Boy, if you could hear our conversations off air, a way you can. You can go to YouTube dot com type in Troubleshooter network. If I even told you what my idea was during the break, you would just scratch your head and go, no, we do not need to hear that, mark, We do not need to hear it. That's the most I'll say about it. You can go back and listen anytime on our YouTube channel. Now, David, what's going on with this mobile home edition? By the way, I do want to tell you about waterpros dot Net. Waterpros dot Net. The owner's Paul the Waterman. He came out to our house installed a water softener for half the price of the competition. It's got a better warranty than the competition, and we have been so happy with it. It's crazy. He can treat any water problem you have. He'll do a free water test. But my favorite part is their warranty, their service, and half the price of the other guys. Half the price go to waterpros dot Net. Now, what in the heck is going on with this mobile home edition? David?
Speaker 14: Okay, I got a.
Speaker 15: Question for you.
Speaker 19: So my son has a mobile home double wide up in Dylan, and so you want to put a sixteen by twenty four edition on.
Speaker 14: The mobile parts.
Speaker 9: Well, and then we went to the town of Dillon.
Speaker 19: They said, well you need plat lot plats and all the rest of that good stuff. And I'm just wondering any idea who's cut the overriding authority on that.
Speaker 1: I would think nobody. I would think if he's in a park and it is not his own property, I mean, none of it's going to matter. It's going to come down to the park more than anything. If he did own his own property, it's going to come down to the city. It's going to be whatever they allow, or the municipality or whatever it is the county. I mean the override. I mean, I don't even know what you mean by an override.
Speaker 15: I don't.
Speaker 1: I just don't see that happening.
Speaker 19: Well, they we went and you know, and put those put a bug in the city's ear and they said, well we need to you know, certified plans and all the rest.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you got to pull They're basically saying, you need to go through the permitting process. You've got to make sure you build it safe to where when the neighbors come over for a barbecue they don't end up dead.
Speaker 19: Okay, So that they are the overriding authority, then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's it. Though they would come out, they would look at the plans. Typically how a building goes, Like if you're building an exterior building or an outbuilding on your property somewhere, you go to the city, you pull the permit, You give them the the you know, the the idea of what you're going to do, and then basically you go through the engineering. You got to go through the mechanical engineering if you're going to have HVAC, the electrical engineering. And then when these things are done, is they're going, they send an inspector out to sign off to make sure they're done right. If you're doing a foundation, the same thing. In fact, they'll even make sure the hole you doug was doug right and sign off on the whole. I mean, it's an entire thing you've got to go through. And the good news is, I know people don't like hearing this. It's his own well in this case it's not its own property, but if it was your own property. They really do do it for safety. I do agree. They go way overboard, there's no doubt, but they really do it for safety, so you know someone doesn't get hurt.
Speaker 15: Okay, that's that, Well, all right, we'll do it.
Speaker 1: You know what you could do, Yeah, you could do that. You know the other thing you could do. I don't know how this would work, but I wonder if you could buy one of those nice sheds and I mean it like tough shed. They build some stuff that's crazy. They almost look like tiny homes and then attach something like that. But that's just an idea. I don't know. I don't know the logistics of that. But that's something where you might not have to pull a permit. You can put it on a slab. I don't know what you're going to use it for. He's probably going to rent it out to people.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Hey, you guys, Ryan her Big. With American Liberty, you can't anything that's got a vin like a trailer. You're not going to do anything traditional on whatsoever. Right, We only lend on real property that's attached to a foundation. But there are loans called chattel loans that are specifically for mobile homes, and they probably suck in general right, high interest, the higher interest rate, a little platory, almost more down payment.
Speaker 5: I don't know enough about them to say they're predatory.
Speaker 20: We don't do them, but I had a couple of had somebody called me about a month ago and asked about it, and I gave them a couple of names that I found online.
Speaker 1: So long as if if they do like a barn, dominium. If it's literally livable and it's on a foundation, that would be more of a traditional mortgage, depending on the lender you found.
Speaker 5: Correct, So some might do it, some might not. Yeah, yeah, correct.
Speaker 20: If it has a lot and block on the legal description and it's real property, then we can typically lend on.
Speaker 1: So typically a modular home would be no problem long since on foundation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, manufactured modular yep.
Speaker 1: And then they're looking roughly the same interest rates, yes, exactly? All right, all right? Three oh three seven one three eight two five five? Hey, Jan, what's going on with this dentist?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 22: And Mark, I'm just boarded a plane, soovin so a little I'm not just in the background.
Speaker 14: Let me know what? What?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 14: What? Uh?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 15: Wait?
Speaker 1: I want to know what airline you're on? Okay, go ahead, Jan?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 14: So?
Speaker 22: My question is should I take my dentist a small plans court?
Speaker 1: What's it over.
Speaker 22: A crown that didn't come out?
Speaker 1: Well, it would cost it would cost you a fortune.
Speaker 22: Well, I asked them to refund the money to my medicare plans so I can get it redone because they only allowed one every five years.
Speaker 1: Well, you can ask them and you can ask them to play the digerido and do a tap dance for you. That's not going to matter if you ask them, But whether or not they're going to do anything, I mean, I don't mind assigning a deputy to it. But let's just talk really quick. Even small claims court, if you're suing a professional, even in small claims court, you have to have another professional or another dentist say what he did was grossly negligent. I mean, it's just like it's it's very expensive. In small claims court, it would make absolutely zero sense because you're never going to get an expert for less than seventy five hundred dollars, which is where it is now. If they had a clerical error, or you had a slip and fall in the building, or if the dentist stole your wallet with seventy five hundred in it, you could sue him for those reasons without having to go through getting an expert. You follow what I'm saying, So small claims might make sense to sue a dentist, but not if it's a problem with the work he did to your mouth.
Speaker 22: Yeah, it was the problem with the work he did, and they said, well, come on, back and we'll fix it him. I'm like going back to you. You know, you get one shot.
Speaker 1: How do you even know it's wrong? Do you we even know it's wrong?
Speaker 19: Jan?
Speaker 1: Out of curiosity, did you go to another dentist? I did, and the other dentist said, this guy really messed it up.
Speaker 22: Then it's messed up.
Speaker 1: No, but he didn't say did he say it was the other doctor's fault or the dentist's fault?
Speaker 22: Essentially?
Speaker 1: Yes, Well, okay, I know what that means. I'm looking at doctor. That means no, he didn't because people don't want to knock on the same people. I mean, I get it, So I mean, really, hold on, Jan, I got to take this break. You got another question, no problem, And if you want deputy doc, I'll sign him to the case. He can call over. He's got to get more information from you. Maybe I can have a conversation with the dentist. But that first call basically is going to have to be with you, or we've got to get a hippoform sign But you make the decision. And then we've got a problem with a rental car in Europe that can be a nightmare.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing best rufer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand The real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, folks, Trio three seven one three A two five five, don't forget YouTube dot com hit Troubleshooter Network. You can watch this show that way or of course, on the podcast. Over fifty thousand people a month listening to us on podcasts, So if you miss something in studio, once again, Frank Duran, the real Estate Man. If you want the best, I'm gonna give you the number out three oh three nine twenty sixteen twenty two. Ryan Herbig. Any questions you have on refinancing or a new purchase, you want one of the best lenders out there, in fact, arguably the best around. They have every product out there too. They do reverse mortgages, you can do a fifteen, a twenty, a thirty. In fact, a lot of these banks and loans you work with now you can pretty much set turns if you want, can't you. Yeah, if someone wants a thirteen year alone, you can do it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You can amortize it over pretty much any period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you can crunch numbers directly. If someone called you up for a REFI like, typically how longs it take you ryan to figure out if they're going to qualify for how much? I mean the basic stuff.
Speaker 5: If it's a refire purchase, I mean typically within a day, within a day, they can figure out where they sometime sooner. Yeah, wow, Yeah, it doesn't take too much.
Speaker 1: You set a streamline is pretty much instant. Yeah.
Speaker 20: Streamlines are basically guaranteed unless there they've been laid on their mortgage payments. But if it's a if it's a traditional purchase or a full full doc refinance, typically within about twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: And I love what you were talking about with contractors or I want to say contractors, because we deal with a lot of contractors self employed, but self employed people that you know they don't want to pay the most taxes in the world. So you guys can go in and kind of look at it and make the decision based upon more of the bank account pository accounts than the taxes. Yes, I mean that's just the bottom line.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 1: So you can reach him. This is your you don't mind me giving your sellout?
Speaker 5: No, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Seven six five nine zero zero four to three seven one nine six five nine zero zero four to three. What's the average home sale right now, Frank?
Speaker 3: So here's the deal. The median price right now is five seventy eight.
Speaker 1: Wow, and uh, that's hard to believe.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's but you know it went up a little bit because of the rate drop in October, and then it dropped a little bit in November.
Speaker 1: So that's that's still crazy. How about in Colorado spreads?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry five eighty five, Mark, I said wrong, five eighty five.
Speaker 1: Well you had to correct that.
Speaker 7: I heard correct.
Speaker 1: Frank wouldn't have been able to slept sleep tonight.
Speaker 3: If he didn't bother me all night, man. Frank, tell people what the media and me so in other words, that's you have so many above and so many below that.
Speaker 1: You throw out the three million, and you throw out to thirty thousand, yeah, more or less? Yeah, well, whatever it is, whatever the median is. Yeah, and then what would you say the average loan is ryan? Right now, what's the average new purchase loan? We know the average home in Denver's five whatever. What are they coming to the table with.
Speaker 5: I would say the average person has five to ten percent down?
Speaker 1: Okay, but what what does that leave the loan at? So around four to fifty five hundred.
Speaker 20: Yeah, four fifty to five hundred for a five eighty five house, actually five, you know, five twenty to five fifty.
Speaker 1: I honestly don't know how kids in Colorado do it, these twenty somethings, even if they saved up money. I mean, to come up with what's the average down? Now? Twenty percent?
Speaker 20: No, I mean you can do as little as I mean Chaffo allows for one thousand dollars down. I mean a non first time home.
Speaker 7: Loan arms chipping.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true, Yeah.
Speaker 5: We get that, Doc, Yeah, yeah, God is your minimum.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's still a ton of money. But you know what, but with don is six hundred thousand dollars home? Think about that. They got to come to the table with thirty But.
Speaker 3: Like Doc, said, we get a lot of these where the parents are actually helping their children to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they come up with it, and then on the landing side, that's no big deal. They just signed basically a gift letter.
Speaker 5: Correct, Yeah, absolutely loud.
Speaker 1: And then they can start building equity. And you know, it's really a good gift if you can afford to do it, there's no doubt. So Jan, I'm not sure where we left off with him, But Jan, you're not going to be suing that dentis in small claims court. Nancy, what's going on with you?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 23: Hi, Mark, I'm calling on behalf of my son. And he rented a car from six rent a car.
Speaker 1: I have never heard, Nancy, I have never heard anything good about that rental car company.
Speaker 23: I have never No, we look on the internet.
Speaker 21: We see that too.
Speaker 1: So what happened? What happened? And he said, you got it in Europe?
Speaker 23: Yes, he went. He picked up the car in Munich on September eighth this year and there was no real damage to the car at all when he rented it. He had he lifted a couple of scratches on the rental agreement and he took some pictures of any of those little scratches that were there when he rented the car. Then he returned it to the Stix rental in a Zurich airport on September twentieth, and then, let.
Speaker 1: Me guess, Hold on, I've got a crystal ball here. Over a month. Over a month goes by and you get a call saying there was damage to the car.
Speaker 15: Absolutely, this story.
Speaker 1: Is now with this company sixth rent a car. We have now had this probably five to six times in a very short amount of time. It's their moo, that's what they do. You return it and they say, they act like it's fine. You don't hear anything. Then all of a sudden they reach out, how did he pay for it?
Speaker 23: Exactly? Are he paid for it with his credit?
Speaker 1: Can you call the credit card company up?
Speaker 23: No, he didn't the first thing.
Speaker 1: How much are they trying to ding him for?
Speaker 23: Well, they claim that the extensive damage, of course, which wasn't there, and bills him for a three thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: On the credit card.
Speaker 23: I know they did not charge his credit Well how the hell did Oh?
Speaker 1: So he hasn't paid it?
Speaker 23: No, he hasn't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do a damn thing. I'd let him sue me. I wouldn't do a damn thing with them. Nothing. Don't do anything until they knock on his door and serve them. If they try to go after his credit, we'll go that route with them. But I'm telling you I wouldn't do anything.
Speaker 23: Okay, they have us, So he called them, of course, and they said, no, we're not dealing with you. We have sent this claim to River Key Collections.
Speaker 1: I tell Liberty to assue me, okay, Yeah, I wouldn't do anything. I'd make them bring me to court. Then when he gets to go in front of the judge, he can explain what happened and how there was no damage. He can explain to the judge what Lion Conniven little bastards they are. Because six rent a car. That's all they do, is this. I promise you, we have gotten this car, and it's always the same. I've never heard of a rental car company waiting one or two months to report the damage. It's ridiculous in my opinion. They're the worst piece of crap out there in the rental car business. Okay, And I'm sure.
Speaker 23: Now even though they say we're going to come after.
Speaker 1: You, I'm telling you I would. First of all, I wouldn't I tell your son, don't talk to him anymore. Have your son called me. I wouldn't talk to the collection company. I wouldn't talk to six. I wouldn't talk to any of these people. They need to find them, they need to file a lawsuit, they need to serve them, and they need to bring them in front of the judge so he can have his side of the story. Make them do all the work. Then you guys proved to the judge he did nothing. I would love to know how he goes too, because he's going to say, you're on her. Look when they notified me six weeks later, two months later, whatever it is, this is the most ridiculous thing ever.
Speaker 11: You're on her.
Speaker 1: When I returned it, it was fine. There was no more damage. The only damage on there is you can see in the pictures that I took were prior to me picking it up.
Speaker 23: Okay, so they can't garnish his wages, No, they.
Speaker 1: Got to get a judgment to do that. They can't do a damn thing until they get a judgment in front of a judge. And I wouldn't put it past them. If they call up and want to settle for five hundred bucks. I tell him to pound sand, don't pay him one nickel. Make them bring you to court. You get it very good, and I want you to be as aggressive with your son as I'm being with you when it comes to this. Don't let them settle for one hundred dollars because their next move is going to be to try to squeeze them for five hundred bucks. And he doesn't even owe that in my opinion, Yes.
Speaker 23: And they've already done that. They've already lowered the number two one thousand.
Speaker 1: Of course they have. Yeah, you let them sue them, you know what. It's a shakedown. These guys are like the mafia in my opinion, Nancy, if you want him to call me, you tell him to call me, and I'll be hard on him like I was on you, because I don't want you guys getting ripped off by these people. I can't stand six ran a car. It's a scam out there. In my opinion, it's one hundred percent a scam.
Speaker 10: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up. Free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Realestateman dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two