Speaker 1: Yea ripped up.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 3: You need advice? Who you don't help?
Speaker 4: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come man, this is.
Speaker 6: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome.
Speaker 2: Welcome, my friends to the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. We're here for you. You have any questions about anything going on, maybe a bad contractor someone that's ripped you off. Maybe you need help with the landlord, maybe you just need help in general period. We have a list of people that referral list. You get directly involved in the show, and I love doing the show. Tommy boys out today. But that's all right. We got this handled. I got mister Dmitri across Rummy, Deputy Dmitri Deputy, Doc. What's going on with you?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: Any updates? Gentlemen?
Speaker 7: Nothing ready right now? Just walk on a few things.
Speaker 2: What are you working on, Doc?
Speaker 7: I'm trying to.
Speaker 8: Get a warranty fixed for a guy that bought a car in there, trying to give him a hard time about the warranty.
Speaker 2: Ah, okay, I guess we'll do that, Dmitri. Anything you got cooking over there before we get moving. Mark, not right now.
Speaker 9: I do have a couple of cases that they all had to do with used car warranties, and we referred them all to.
Speaker 2: Are they all just Kevin straight up, straight up denials? Well, they that's how they started.
Speaker 9: But Kevin over at sharedon Auto Tech got one guy a new engine from LKQ. Oh nice, and he's got something else going on another one. But I haven't bothered him for an update because I figured i'll see him on Friday when he comes in here.
Speaker 2: Well tomorrow, actually it is tomorrow's car day.
Speaker 9: But he's he's doing a great job recovering not in every case, but you know, recovering victory from the jaws of defeat for quite a few of our callers.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you it's pretty hard to find a good shob that knows how to deal with the warranty company. It really is. If you say the wrong thing, you basically give them an out. And he said, you know this, he's after market companies kind of suck man. Some of them come through, though, I can't say they all suck. When I used to deal with them, I'd say we had decent success. I mean, you know, Kevin's got the best I've seen though, Yeah, Kevin.
Speaker 9: And then Jeffick from Kimmer mentioned just his couple of weeks ago. He said, he knows, you know, they have to use certain keywords. Yeah, he said there are some kind of red flags that he knows that the insurance company or the warranty company is listening for.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 9: So he without misrepresenting the matter, he'll avoid using those red flags, but he will sprinkle in some of the keywords that might trigger a warranty repair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we really do get a lot of those. Sorry, three zero three seven one three A two five five. Now it's a great time to get those calls in. Looks like we have two lines open three zero three Martino. I want to give these guys something to sink their teeth. So if you got a problem, give us a call now, don't forget help it. Troubleshooter dot com, Leslie, what is going on with you?
Speaker 10: Hi? All kinds of crazy stuff with my HOA. Oh like what chirst All, thank you for taking the time to speak to me. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no problem. What is going on?
Speaker 10: Well, it started when I submitted a request to have my home painted and for the sake of simplicity, I went ahead and went with one of the pre approved color schemes and that was that. And I went to work, and I came home and my house was cream. I chose great.
Speaker 2: Now, where did you get to colors? Hold on, Leslie, The color schemes came directly from the HOA, Yes, sir, and then you went with the painter, and the painter did use the correct paint. Yep. So what could the problem possibly be?
Speaker 10: Well, they actually admitted, but unfortunately it wasn't through email or text message.
Speaker 11: It was on the phone.
Speaker 10: The management company laid the blame on the HOA board, saying that the HOA accidentally submitted the wrong palettes with the wrong color scheme code.
Speaker 2: That the day Actually, Leslie, let me ask you something. How is it supposed to work in your HOA when you go to paint your house. I understand you're saying you used a color that was approved, or at least everybody thought it was approved. But are you supposed to send it in then they give you approval letter and see what color you chose or did you just pick one and then have the house painted.
Speaker 10: Now you have to actually submit it.
Speaker 2: And they approved it.
Speaker 10: Well, this is where it's even shisty erth Okay, So when I submitted for approval, you have to actually take pictures of the homes next to you because that matters. They don't want, you know, to houses with the same color. Yeah, and know, as God was looking down on me for whatever reason, I decided to take a screen shot of the approved color that I was going with, straight off of the ho Wa website. Okay, and include that while submitting it online. And here we are.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, so you wait a second, though, Here's what I'm trying to figure out. You submitted it online and they approve that color, right they did? Okay, so you have some form of approval letter? Can you send that to us? Yeah? Absolutely, that'd be great. So I'm going to have you send it to help at troubleshooter dot com. We're going to continue on, though, So what are they saying? Now, I understand they're saying, whoops, we screwed up. So what are they telling you? Are they telling you you have to paint the house even though they gave you approval.
Speaker 10: No, they're telling me I have to live with this ugly green house. And essentially it's us to be me. That's what they're pretty much telling me. They offered me two thousand dollars pretty much to shut me up. I said, why should I, Leslie?
Speaker 2: I am so sorry, but I'm a little confused here. You painted your house green, and you chose that color? Right?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 10: That's where the whole conflict comes into it. Okay, on the website was actually dark gray in a simple white track.
Speaker 2: Oh wait a minute, you picked a dark gray on the website they approved the dark gray? Well, how the hell did your house end up green? And now I'm even more confused?
Speaker 10: Right exactly because they accidentally the board supposedly accidentally put the wrong color scheme. You know their numbers. So when I looked online on their website and I picked number fifty three, which showed it as being a dark gray with white trim, and submitted that it was approved. However, number fifty three was actually green.
Speaker 2: Well wait, wait, wait, when the painter came out and started painting your house, didn't you really it was green?
Speaker 10: I wasn't even at home, I was at working.
Speaker 2: And do they hire the painter? I'm a little confused there too.
Speaker 10: Now I hired a contractor.
Speaker 2: So you hire the contractor and he does what. He goes onto the website and says, I want color scheme number fifty three from Sherwin Williams. Or how does that part go down?
Speaker 10: Well, that's how it goes down. I give them the color scheme from Sherman Williams. You're one hundred percent correct, and they ordered exactly what fifty three was supposed to be. The whole issue is that the website had it.
Speaker 2: I get it. So when they ordered fifty three, your painter, you called up your own contractor and said, this is what I want, per the HOA. He said fine, he goes to Sherwin Williams and they give him what is actually fifty three, and then the HOA. The HOA acknowledges the website was screwed up, and you also have a picture of it exactly. And now they're willing to give you two thousand dollars. How much did it cost to paint the house?
Speaker 10: Approximately eight thousand, and that fields actually off the table.
Speaker 2: And it gets even worse. So wait, wait, well, hold on, hold on, I want to know this. So, like you said, you were out of town or where were you when it was painting? I want to go back to that question. I think she went to work and the painter done.
Speaker 10: They had it done with in a matter of a day. I left to work as the painters were arriving. I came back. The house was nearly finished and it was green.
Speaker 2: So what did you say when you got back and you're staring at this wrong color?
Speaker 10: I freaked out?
Speaker 2: Did you say something right then and there to the painter?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 12: Yes, And you.
Speaker 10: Know, well, I contacted the contractor because obviously not to painters that were doing the project.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're thinking, you're thinking at that point that the contractor screwed up.
Speaker 10: Right, That's exactly what I thought that he did not, because when you look on Sherman Williams, number fifty three is the exact green color that's now on my home. So then I contacted the management.
Speaker 2: Wow, this one's crazy. Hold on, hold on, I wow, real quick. What do you guys think? Doc? What do you make of this? I understand exactly what happened, but I'm going I.
Speaker 7: Think the HOA needs to pay to have it repainted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the entire eight grand, not just too. It's kind of crazy, though. What do you think, d Well?
Speaker 9: I'm you know, I'm looking at the webs at the Internet, and it says that Sherman Williams fifty three is actually a white color. So it would be great to take a look at the color code on the can of paint that the contract or.
Speaker 2: Actually, Yeah, let's do this too. Hold on approval documents that Leslie got. Yeah, Leslie, send us those approval documents. Help it troubleshooter dot com. And I also want you to send over that screenshot you have where it shows the gray Okay, yep, all right, Hold on a second. I'd be pissed, man. I just want to make sure, let's say, let's say it truly is exactly what she's saying. And I bet we're going to see a screenshot saying blah blah blah Sherwin Williams number fifty three and it's going to show a picture of gray and whatever.
Speaker 13: Way.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I agree with that, but here's an interesting thing would be great to explore. After the break, Uh, Leslie said, it gets even worse.
Speaker 2: Man. Everybody hold tight, including you, Ron. You'll be up after her. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three Martino, go with a sure thing.
Speaker 13: Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: You know this thing is kind of crazy. By the way, this hour is brought to you by Frank Duran, the real estate Man. Oh how I love the You want to sell your house fast and for the most money, you use Frank. This guy sells more homes in one month than most realtors sell in an entire year. Here in the front range Frank Duran homes dot com. Now wow, this poor lady Leslie. She goes to her hoa website and she picks out a color scheme she needs to paint her house. The color scheme she's picking out is actually kind of a gray color and then probably white or whatever the other color is with it. She hires a contractor tells a contractor what color scheme, he goes and picks up the paint and basically paints the house. She leaves for work, contractor shows up. By the time she gets home, the house is a completely different color. It's green, and you know, she starts thinking it's the contractor screwed up. But it wasn't. It wasn't the contractor. Apparently the website for the HOA had it wrong. So when she picked out fifty three that was actually a green color. Hey, out of curiosity, Leslie, is that green color one of the actual color schemes or what? Yes?
Speaker 10: Yes, because they revised it, but only after they noticed their screw up.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're saying it wasn't when you first went on there, that green wasn't even an option.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean I wouldn't know because I wasn't looking for green colors.
Speaker 2: I got you, So who knows if it was or not. I'm curious if they mixed up the two numbers. Maybe you can shed some light on this when you when Sherwin Williams, if I look up or actually Dimitri looked up color fifty three, what color was it? D it was one of the shades of white, so it's more of a white. Do they do it per HOA? I just don't know the answer.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: I get it. So your ho WA's got to deal with Sherwin Williams and they create different color schemes based upon the community and how they built it out to begin with.
Speaker 10: Well, it's Gury's paint that they have a contract with. The Gury's is actually owned by Sherman Williams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's who I used for our stuff too. I mean, I get it, man. That's it's very interesting. When you told them two thousand wasn't sufficient, what did they say?
Speaker 10: They said it because I threatened legal action. They can no longer speak to me. I said, but you're my management company and I pay my dues every month, therefore you work for me.
Speaker 12: What was every other homeowner in the camp?
Speaker 2: Wow? So they're just bad They're just bad people. They screw up. And when you said legal action, I mean, ultimately, I think that's where it's coming down. So a couple things, let's really discuss that one. I'm pretty sure there's going to be an arbitration agreement or a mediation clause in that HOA. Do you know if that's correct.
Speaker 10: There is, and I've already been a certified letter. Love it, and I have the scet that it was received on the sixth, requesting alternative distat resolution.
Speaker 2: Excellent. How long do they have to get back to you?
Speaker 10: Nobody cares. There's no timeframe listed on the covening document as to how long they have to get back to you, and it says that it's not mandatory that neither party needs to basically respond.
Speaker 2: Well, that doesn't make I'd love to see that document. Did you email over the other stuff I asked? Please check your head I I lost you there.
Speaker 14: Please check your emails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she did say. I can't hear you, Kelly, I see you talking, but I can't hear you.
Speaker 14: Please check your email.
Speaker 2: Kelly wants you to check your email. Oh okay, let me check you real quick. Can you send over those governing documents or documents as well?
Speaker 10: I just happen to have a picture of that particular session.
Speaker 2: I would love that. I would absolutely love that. And then Kelly, can we get on Brad O'Brien.
Speaker 14: We cannot because he is unavailable until at least two o'clock.
Speaker 2: That's going to be after the show. I think what I want to do. I definitely want to get him back on. Let's get him lined up for tomorrow then and get her back on for the legal advice. And honestly, you're doing You're doing everything correct, Leslie. You requested that. I'm sure they're going to answer or do something. I don't know how they when you send over the information on this, you send him over that screenshot of the number fifty three, You send him all the information.
Speaker 10: Yes, and this was all uploaded directly through It wasn't through email. All of this goes directly through the website. That's how you submit everything.
Speaker 2: And then when you go to follow up with them, they basically don't say anything.
Speaker 15: Well, when I go to.
Speaker 11: Again, they took it off.
Speaker 10: It's entirely gone. All the communications from the twenty fifth, which is when it was submitted, it's suddenly gone. It's nowhere to be found. They also immediately again. I submitted on the twenty fifth. The painters arrived on the twelfth, March twelfth. It was on the evening or in the afternoon of March twelve that I came home and realized it was green. As soon as I contacted them and told them what was going on On March thirteenth, Suddenly it was revised and now it was showing fifty three as the green color, as well as the disclaimer was added stating that it is the homeowner's obligation to do due diligence. However, that disclaimer was nowhere to be found at the screenshots clearly show.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. So I'm looking at one right here where it says paint scheme fifty three and then it breaks down to white tall brown and then breaks down to a color for a front door, then sea bring white, and then something maritime white. So this is what you thought you were getting. And the body is rolling hills whatever. Oh that's your street address? What is that rolling hills?
Speaker 16: What is that?
Speaker 10: Well, if you look at both of the pictures, yeah, they both have same colors, rolling hills for both of green and rolling hills for both the green color, steam number fifty three for the green color, steam number fifty three.
Speaker 2: For the green. And we're just to make sure we're sure this isn't Guyory's issue.
Speaker 10: Now, it's definitely not their fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why would they offer two thousand dollars if it was? I mean, this is kind of crazy. I'm dying to see what our attorney says. But as of right now, you've done everything perfectly. You actually found that clause for arbitration you filled out to dispute. To bring it up, I would say after that, Hey, is there a clause in there that says if you guys do end up in court, the other person, the loser, ends up paying for attorney's fees.
Speaker 11: No, I don't know.
Speaker 10: There's a million different documents to read over. I don't know. Let me look and hear and see.
Speaker 2: Well that should be that definitely is usually in there. Take a look at that, because then when we talk to the attorney tomorrow, the interesting part will be if he feels pretty comfortable about it. You know, it's not guaranteed he'll get the attorney's fees, but a lot of times that's in the HOA documents. Hold on a second, I do want to copy of that HOA stuff big time. So get that out. And you know, leslie, what you never got to the part where you said it gets even worse? Were you?
Speaker 9: Was that in reference to the whitewashing that the HOA and the management company has done to their website since then?
Speaker 2: Probably yeah, I.
Speaker 10: Thought that that was really fraudulent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think. Well, it's good they changed it, though, I mean, really it's good. They said, hey, you know, you need to make sure it's the right color, right, but they do it well. That part is good.
Speaker 9: However, it was done primarily to whitewash their mistake.
Speaker 2: Who is the management company?
Speaker 10: It is American Community Association, you know what, just for the heck of.
Speaker 2: It, hold on, hey, Kelly, let's try to get them on. I'd love someone reasonable over there to explain why they don't feel responsible purely based on her story. I mean, her story seems pretty in line. I'm looking at all the evidence she sent, and she got screwed. Good things she did take these screenshots, But man, I don't know. There's a little bit I'm trying to think if this could have happened to me, Like what I have not known that it's the wrong color. I really don't know. I would have been there for the painting project.
Speaker 9: But I do understand why she was, like Leslie, have you know they have much more rigid schedules than I do, and she, you know, she must belong somewhere during certain times of the day, Leslie, what did the contractors say, will cost you to repaint the house the proper color?
Speaker 2: Eight grand? Well the original job was eight Why would it be different, Well two for one, yeah, you know, by one by one color, get another free Go ahead, Leslie.
Speaker 10: It would be her more expensive because I had originally set everything up in February. You were kind in the middle of winter, and now everybody's trying to get their houses completed.
Speaker 2: You know, we just had a hold on real quick. We just had Nick Fox, he owns Renewal Home Innervations. He's our guest today.
Speaker 7: Nick.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you something. Man, when you have when you live in an HOA and you want to paint your house, generally you have to follow rules. You follow this right, hit on on that mic and get close to it. So this lady tell me, just tell me your gut on it. I just want to tell you this, and just I want to first blush. You haven't heard anything but what I'm going to tell you. So you go to the HOA website and you pick out a color scheme that's approved. It goes through Guy Rees or Sherwin Williams, and in this case it's fifty three. She goes, I want fifty three. She calls up her contractor. Contractor goes to gyries, picks up color scheme fifty three for that subdivision or for that community. He shows up the next morning wherever, whenever, and she leaves for work. They're just getting set up. She comes home from work and instead of being gray, which she picked out, it's green. And she can't stand the green. She's like, what the hell's going on? At first she thinks it's the contractor grab the wrong pain, but it turns out the hoa's website for color Scream fifty three the wrong color. In other words, the HOA actually did it incorrectly. They acknowledge that they only offer her two thousand. It's an eight thousand dollars paint job. What do you think?
Speaker 17: I think the HOI is responsible? I mean, I would think that they would have a great onus, especially if they're the ones who mandate the selection and the numbers.
Speaker 2: So would it happen to you? Not as a contractor, take your contractor hat off, You're in a neighborhood, you pick out a color scheme and everything ends up Like I just said, would that happen to you? Does? She have any responsibility here. Now, granted she went to work. If she didn't go to work, I'd be like, well, I asked her, why the hell were you sitting there while they're painting a green? But that's not the case.
Speaker 18: That's a big that's a big factor.
Speaker 17: The reality is I probably would have had him do a sample somewhere on the house, yeah, just to make sure that the color feels right.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to think how much responsibility she has here. And I really am fighting myself on it because I would have been home too, or my wife would have been home. But you know what, that's really not her fault. No, look in the fact they offered her two grand, they acknowledge something's going on, which is really weird to offer a two grand that can't fix the problem.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and you know, it is tempting to say Leslie had some responsibility to supervise the project, but hey, man, I mean all of us sitting around this desk here have a very flexible schedule and we have other options. Yeah, were in a difference if you said your wife could stay home, but not everybody is as fortunate.
Speaker 2: So yeah, here's what I would like, Kelly. I really want you to try to get her connection on or her contact over at the management company. I would love to talk to him.
Speaker 7: Ron.
Speaker 2: I'm going to talk to you after this, and Leslie, please get me that document where it talks about Actually i'd like the entire covenants if you can get them, but I also want to screenshot sent to me where it talks about arbitration. Everybody hold tight.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. Here's a game plan, Leslie. You don't want us reaching out uh to the HOA. I mean, like I said, you've done everything right. You're basically trying to get to mediation with them or arbitration. I do want to see those documents. We're going to get an attorney on tomorrow to get a legal look at this. I want one particular attorney. He's probably dealt with something similar to this, I doubt the exact same thing, but his name is Bradley O'Brien. I want to get him on He's in court though, until after the show today, so we're going to reach back out to you in the morning when we have him lined up. But if you get me that HOA and get me the other information, I'm going to get it to him tonight or Kelly is, so he can look at all this stuff and give us a really good idea of his thoughts going forward.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that would be great because you know, honestly, I'm scared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it, But we'll talk to him about that as well. I mean, I think they screwged you. That's my opinion right now. But based on everything I've looked at, it's pretty wild. In fact, I'm going to get our YouTube channel up here in a second. Something happened to it, and I'm going to do a poll after we get moving, and I'm curious what other people think. But We're going to get you back on in the morning, so hold on, send me everything that's per to the conversation tomorrow with Bradley, and then Kelly, please get that over there. By the way, who just walked in is Nick Fox, as I said, the owner of Renewal Home Innovations. You guys do mostly all interior, yeah, and showers are basically your numero uno. Absolutely, And you guys have those solid porcelain walls. I heard you talking to Dimitri I just when we had our steam shower done. We put in porcelain, right, and ours are huge or like size of these windows, but there's definitely ground in between the solid system. I could see a huge benefit simply because there's no ground that ever breaks down. And the maintenance would seem like it's extremely low.
Speaker 17: Yeah, incredibly low on the maintenance. Of the amazing part is the beauty. They look absolutely incredible.
Speaker 2: How big can you get them?
Speaker 17: Especially it's about five and a half feet wide by ten feet long? Okay, so it'll cover a full sized wall that's five feet wide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm thinking my back wall. I don't know. I don't know if that would cover it or not. Scene here and there, Yeah, okay, so you can still put a seamen. Oh yeah, okay, you just try to get his flash. You can? You do the same on the ceiling.
Speaker 18: Generally, especially for steam showers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have to, man, I love ours. It's crazy, man.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's nothing like having a steam shower a spag experience in your own home.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How often do you guys end up doing a steam shower? Are they popular?
Speaker 18: Oh? You mean installed?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. Well you men getting in it. I'm like every other day. I don't get in every day. What temperature do you put yours at? Well, it's one hundred and twenty degrees, Okay, I set mine. My perfect temp is one fifteen, and I'll tell you what. If you get out, I wear this whoop. If you're in there fifteen minutes, legitimately at one hundred and fifteen plush thinks I just went for a job. It's crazy.
Speaker 17: It's a wonderful thing for your body. It makes you feel better, it makes you breathe better.
Speaker 2: It just overall you use mister steam generally. I love mister steam. Any questions anybody has about you know, contractors in general, or bathrooms, nicks in a house with us today we'll be digging into his company. Hey, Ron, what is going on? Man? This looks absolutely horrible, But I need you to explain to everybody what's going on.
Speaker 11: Sure, and I'm not sure that. I don't want to say something bad about the contractor if he is what he's doing is reasonable within that industry, but I'm not sure whether it is or not. So I wanted to try to explain things to y'all.
Speaker 2: You know what. I like that, But hold on, hold on. I hate to do it to you. Now, we have an idea of what you're going to say. Let me get this break out of the way, and then we'll have time to talk with you right after this. So hold tight. And I'm also going to send your letter that you sent to us over to Nick here with me so he can see it. Hold take.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You know, I'm going to talk about Skyrider two point zero in a little bit, but Ron Uh called in. It's pretty crazy. Basically, what his question comes down to is is it industry standard what this contractors doing? In other words, in any given job. I don't care if it's a painter, I don't care if it's someone installing countertops. There's basically a standard doesn't have to be perfect. It sures can't be under there. But he's curious if this contractor is living up to that. And go ahead, so kind of paint the picture you want us to know about.
Speaker 11: Okay, sure, I'm just going to give the broad stuff and there's some other details. Yeah, go ahead, as I said, but I can go those people bottom lines. I made my first payment with him on Tuesday, July the ninth, to build a small garage thirty five by sixteen and it's going to be two stories tall. And he started the actual work in I think it was in November when he actually started the work, and I kind of paid him as I went. As he went along, he would ask for money, and I would give him money.
Speaker 2: As he's how much did you put down to begin with? With him?
Speaker 11: I put down thirty five hundred for the very first payment. Excellent, and then over time I was paying him more.
Speaker 2: So what were you paying as he got to certain aspects, like in other words, when the foundation was poor, did you pay for the cement? If it's a foundation.
Speaker 11: It was kind of like that. But one of my mistakes I made was I did not get something in advance to say here's how much i'll pay you when you've done this.
Speaker 2: It was just him, that's all right, you guys are okay? Now any payment for what? All right? So keep going okay.
Speaker 11: So today I've given him eighty five thousand, eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: It's doing that today, And just out of curiosity, out of the eighty five thousand, how much would that represent for the total job? If the total job was done, I have.
Speaker 11: Overpaid him, Oh, I have over it would be it would be one hundred percent plus about I think it's about two thousand dollars. That have overpaid him.
Speaker 2: So the eighty three thousand was the original cost of the project or the original bid.
Speaker 11: Well, that's kind of a yes, the original price was let's pull this contract out here. The original price was twenty five roughly seventy.
Speaker 2: Three, and then you added some stuff.
Speaker 11: Yes, along the way. There were two changes.
Speaker 2: Okay, one was for him.
Speaker 11: To remove a tree and I paid him twenty five hundred for that. Another one was the original contract was the garage was going to be thirty five feet long. But as I'm looking at the garage as they're laying it out, I'm thinking, I'm going to try to put two cars in there front to back. Yeah, I might need it a little bit longer. So we added three feet and he did that, and he did I'm grateful that he did that.
Speaker 2: He was not. But regardless, it went from it went from seventy three thousand with change orders to eighty three and then you ended up paying an eighty five. So where does it stand now, Like, what does the garage look like right now? Does he think it's come.
Speaker 11: He thinks it's complete, with the exception of an overhead door. He thinks that's the only thing left to complete. And he's not going to install that. He told me to take care of that, which I didn't argue with him because it was on April the third. I'd just given him a thirty five hundred dollars check thinking that he was going to finish.
Speaker 2: Everything at the time.
Speaker 11: It did not have sighting, it did not have a man door, did not have an overhead door.
Speaker 2: Of gutter's painting that stuff. But I just what's that? All of everything you just said is done but one overhead door.
Speaker 11: No, Okay, he thinks the only thing left to be done is the overhead door.
Speaker 2: Understood, what do you think the only what do you think? The items left are.
Speaker 11: The overhead door, which I did go ahead and order from another company. But I need to get that thing closed in if he's going to work with me or not, I need to get it finished. It needs to be painted.
Speaker 2: It needs to be painted, the door or the entire structure, the entire.
Speaker 11: Structure, the exterior of the entire structure.
Speaker 18: Got it.
Speaker 11: There's a man door. It's physically in place, but it's not finished. So it's probably just screwed in by whatever number screws. But it shakes when you open it, and it needs to be trimmed out, against is the right word, and finished.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 11: It needs to have a lot, needs to have a lock put in, It needs to have the dead bull put in it. The gutters need to be put on.
Speaker 2: All right. Let me ask you this, It's Ron. Let me ask you this. When we talk about those different items, are they in the original contract? In other words, the big one I'd say, is that overhead door. Is that in there? And the painting of the property and the man door just getting finished up, and the gutters is all that spelled out in the contract? Yes it is, and it's a material.
Speaker 11: I said, y'all, you have the contract, so yes, the answer is yes.
Speaker 2: All right, So is he not finishing these items?
Speaker 11: Okay, here's the reasons that he gave. And I'm gonna try to properly represent what he said to me. Now, I know, if y'all do contact and he may say other stuff, but that's okay. Maybe that'd be a process of going through resolution.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 11: He said, Number one, there's not enough profit in the job. These are things he told me face to face on April third, when I just give it him the check. He said, there's not enough profit in this job. He said, prices went up on materials partly because of tariffs. He said, I had not given him the payments quickly enough, which there's an attachment in that package that talks about how long he had to wait, which is not long.
Speaker 2: It's not long.
Speaker 11: And the fourth one he said was what I'm calling the contract. At the very top of it, it does say estimate, and so he said the price he gave me on that was just an estimate and not a firm commitment, whereas when we did it, I was taking it as a firm commitment. He is right, said that's of it on the top, But I was thinking that it was a firm commitment. And now I'm wondering if, well, once he started taking money for it, does it become a firm commitment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to look at it. I'm going to look at it over break, which is coming right up. Hold tight, Hey, Kelly did me a favor, though. I'd love to get that contractor's information, and let's see if he wants to come on air and talk about this stuff. But not enough profit seems insane. Price is going up due to tariffs. I mean that simply hasn't happened. Yet it will happen, but it was not an issue three months ago. That's just too quick. Too slow on payments unless there's some kind of payment plan in the contract. That's crazy, too Hold on, Go with a sure.
Speaker 13: Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yea ripped.
Speaker 10: Bad news.
Speaker 4: You don't have.
Speaker 10: Come.
Speaker 2: Run in asas as we can.
Speaker 3: The Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 6: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome.
Speaker 2: Love of my Friends to the only show of its time. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. We're here to go after the bad guys. We're here to expose the bad guys. We're here to get to the truth, and we're here to help and educate everybody listening. If you have any questions, if you need help with something, three zero three Martino. The number is that simple, three oh three Martino. And here's the deal in studio with us today, I got Deputy Dimitri, Deputy Doc. We have a great guest in Nick Fox with Renewal Home Innovations. They do a ton of bathrooms around town. You've probably seen them. You're on TV a lot too, don't you do a lot of advertising and television, Yeah, we.
Speaker 18: Do quite a bit.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a great way to reach our clientele. Yeah, definitely. Plus the nice part about TV is you're showing us all these beautiful porcelain walls. It's pretty hard to show them through the radio.
Speaker 18: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: But your website for sure has a lot of your projects.
Speaker 17: Yeah, one hundred percent of all all the projects you see in the pictures you see are actual jobs that we've completed for our customers.
Speaker 2: Renew Home Innovations dot com. Now we're talking to Ron And by the way, Nick, I don't remember if we've I think I remember you in studio a few times. Yeah, there's quite a few times. Actually, No, I know you've been in with Tom a lot, but I don't think when's the last time you and I were together. I'm thinking you it's been like two years. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So I do a little different. You want to jump in, Hit that button and jump in. You got on any calls we're talking about. That's just kind of the deal here, especially on something like this one. We're talking about a contractor and Ron. Pretty unique situation. I'm going to catch everybody up, but first I gotta tell you we got some lines open three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five, Get those calls in now, help it troubleshooter dot com or of course three oh three Martino works on and off the air, but Ron calls in. He had a contractor build basically a thirty six by sixteen two story garage. Uh, he put thirty five hundred down At this point, he's got eighty five thousand into it. We've kind of looked through the contract, and the contract does appear that the missing items should have been done, such as the overhead door, one of the doors isn't there, Uh, the building itself being painted, or the garage, and then there's an issue with the man door not a big deal, but something needs to be done, just finished up, and then the gutters aren't on there, and the entire project amount was supposed to be about eighty three, he's paid about eighty five. Now the contractor is literally saying there's not enough profit in it. Prices went up and you paid too slow. And he's saying, actually, the contract's not a contract, it's an estimate and dime. Sure, you kind of looked at that. Generally, what they would do is you have an estimate, then you tie that into the contract and everybody signs it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Mark, I did look at the In fact, I got the contract open in front of me. Here it does actually on page one incorporate the estimates, so that estimate really does become a part of the contract.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 9: One of the issues I've noticed is neither party seems to have signed the actual contract.
Speaker 2: However, that may be moot.
Speaker 9: At this point because they both have been performing the contract, so I think they both ratified it without having signed it. I was disappointed to see does have an arbitration provision in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's probably what he needs to. Well, it's going to be very expensive, not compared to not compared to going the court finding a good arbitrary probably much more expensive than IM going to court. What are you nuts? No, I'm totally serious. Oh my god, I haven't ever talked into a courtroom before discovery at one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Ever, yeah, well, this isn't the kind of case that would require that much discovery.
Speaker 2: But now, why do you say, hold on? You've totally threw me off here. Why do you think arbitration would cost so much more? I'm totally blown away by that.
Speaker 9: But private arbitration services, I you know, I did some cursory research on this.
Speaker 2: Ten grand at least, that's probably what it starts with. Per party Dmitri. I totally disagree, Nick. You look you're sitting there perched. Well, I mean being in business as a contractor. You know, I have had to do that once or twice, and it's usually about four thousand between two parties to Actually I've seen the tops around ten. Oh that's fantastic. Are you guys sure? You and I think about mediation? Yeah? Okay, yeah, generally arbitration you both agree whatever the arbitrator says at the end is done. Mediation generally, hopefully you both agree, but if not, you get kicked up to a magistrate or a judge who's ultimately going to make the decision. Well, I mean that sounds great, But either way, I mean that that's party pay by the way set in there.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, absolutely, Yeah, it's got a fee shifting for a provision for the prevailing party.
Speaker 2: So when you're looking at the agreement itself, though, that stuff's in there for the most part, right, And it does show the price or a total price of eighty three I realized there was some change orders. I'm not worried about those. The contract doesn't have any pricing, it doesn't have any dates. Does it tie itself to the estimate?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 2: Does the estimate show eighty three thousand? Yeah, it sure does. And then how does it tie it? What is the language? Well, it's right there in the very first paragraph.
Speaker 9: It says that contractors should provide construction services according to the description of scope of work set forth and estimate number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, perfectly, that ties it to it perfect ron. I think the guy owes you this stuff. I do not like. His excuse is Kelly, did we try to reach out to this guy?
Speaker 8: We did?
Speaker 14: I loved him a message his voice.
Speaker 2: Nail, just what strike do you think this guy's in financial trouble or anything?
Speaker 11: Ron, I don't know for sure. And this this kind of goes into this kind of goes into you know, conversations back and forth. Yeah, which I know it don't have those in writings, so I want to be careful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but go ahead, I mean you can. You can always state your opinion, you or your thoughts on something.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he did say one thing that caused me some concerns on those grounds. He said, when he's talking about not having enough profit, he said, I've actually been using other jobs to find this one.
Speaker 2: Well, that's illegal. According to the Contractors Trust Act in the state of Colorado, that's illegal. And for people to understand, contractors have to put your money in trust. Does that mean they have to literally open a bank account just for your project. No, but that money needs to be ear marked for your job. You're not allowed to co mingle. You're not supposed to. Now saying all that, there's not a lot of teeth in the law, there is, civilly, if you had proof of that, that might be able to do something in front of a judge. If you went after this guy for the money that he owes you. And the reason I'm saying that aspect of it is I would assume this stuff that needs to be done is worth what how much?
Speaker 11: Well, in that synopsis I've kind of gone over it. I got a quote from Genesis for gutters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just put it all together. How much are we talking?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm talking twenty thousand. Well, but that's not a matrix on that synopsis. It includes a couple of other things I didn't mention yet, so there may be things on there. You'll say, Well, yeah.
Speaker 2: You basically got it. I understand you basically got a punch list. Last, I want to bring Nick in this real quick. Nick, how many projects have you done for not just listeners, but in general, I mean thousands? How many? How many bathroom remodels?
Speaker 18: Over ten thousands since we opened our k.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. That's amazing. That's very cool. And I've never had one complaint about you, guys. I don't remember one complaint now I probably just changed you.
Speaker 18: Thanks, yeah, thanks.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you something, though, what do you make of this scenario? What do you make of it? You saw the estimate, or at least you heard the words, how the it tied to it. What I really don't like is, at least according to the caller, this guy's excuses are kind of crazy. Not enough profit. I mean, let's just stick to that one. That's his fall from the beginning. Unless if he had in that contract. And we've seen new home contracts, new condos being built, contracts that say if supplies go up drastically, right, the price of the condo will go up drastically. I literally see those.
Speaker 7: It sounds like a lot of this stuff is labor and that material.
Speaker 2: Well, that door and paint and all that stuff. He's saying it's twenty grand regardless of what it is, Well, I mean twenty grand.
Speaker 17: I would think it needs to follow what's written for the agreement. I mean that that'd be the first thing I'd want to understand. What's in the agreement. Yeah, what are the expectations of the agreement? Timelines, things about nature, what materials, you know, a clear allocation of what's being done. And so then when he comes back, he says, I got another twenty thousand of work. Well, you know there's a problem there, There is a problem. Yeah, yeah, so I'd be looking at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of nuts.
Speaker 8: Ron.
Speaker 2: So, Hey, Dmitri, who's that attorney you really like who deals just with contract Hollington law down then you could get them on. Yeah, you want me to give him a call? Sep Air. What I would like to do is send Ron or have Ron ron the documents that I'm looking at. There's a ton of them. You sent, They just got forwarded to me. Does that encumber everything? Is everything in there? To Maitri, you've looked at it is the contract in there? Everything got to hope. So it's a phone book of document I liked your brief summary was seven pages. That's just a summary. That was the summary. Can you send us the details next? And I would actually love for this contractor to come on and give his side. But from everything that I see, in my opinion, this guy just simply well he's just simply not doing the right thing.
Speaker 9: Well, I think, yeah, he underbid the job, and if he's using other jobs to allegedly to finance this one, that's not a good sign.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's going to go anywhere. You probably actually he might acknowledge it. Maybe he is an honest guy that doesn't finish jobs. Those people exist, Seriously, what.
Speaker 18: You know I was just thinking.
Speaker 17: I had someone tell me recently that a company can never get ahead of improperly pricing jobs. No, of course not, and you live behind every single job, and you just continuously end up having these types of conversations with you.
Speaker 2: You know, a big example we use all the time is, you know, people that discount will just take home services, so they're they're selling a water heater for fifteen hundred and ninety nine bucks. Well, eventually there's not enough profit in that job at today's prices to where you could ever grow the company. You don't. You might make enough if you're a one man show and have one van, but you're never going to expand you're never going to advertise to get more. You just simply can't do it. So you end up behind the eight ball. When all of a sudden that one van needs an engine. Now you're like, uh, oh, now what do I do? So then you are taking money up front to pay for the engine, and eventually it all catches up with you and crashes.
Speaker 9: Hey, Mark, I got a suggestion from Mark, What do you think of this? Neil Hollington and he's not a sponsor in advertising, but he does offer a free consultation. Well, no, I love it, but I of referring ron for a free consultation, I.
Speaker 2: Don't mind that, but I want him on though. I want him to come on and talk about a scenario like this in general. Basically the consultation he does need to do. We need to send all that paperwork over. But I really want his idea because all he does is deal with contractors. When you finally get in front of a judge, does this contractor have any argument that holds any water whatsoever. That's kind of what I'd like to know, Like if prices really due. Let's take COVID real quick. And I'm curious of people's thoughts on this. So certain things you just simply couldn't get. I mean certain things were astronomical. Cars were astronomical. So when something like that and you entered into an agreement and all of a sudden the deck you wanted to build and signed a contract for fifteen they can't even get tracks now, and if they do, it's ten times the price. Are they expected to literally lose sixty thousand dollars on a job? I don't know. There must be a reasonable amount. Go ahead, Nick, Well, I know.
Speaker 18: That during COVID.
Speaker 17: We actually had to address this very situation because so much of the materials that we were relying on could no longer be attained, and so we'd have to constantly make changes in constantly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean you have to raise prices.
Speaker 18: Absolutely, yeah, you had to.
Speaker 2: So did anybody ever fight you on it and say, hey, look, you said you would do this bathroom or this shower for five thousand dollars or whatever it is. Now you're saying it's going to be ten.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that happened. That happened a lot. It wasn't when the job was done or before a guy going.
Speaker 17: It would never be when the job is done that that's too late. That's what the problem is with stal Right. They're telling him at the end, too bad.
Speaker 2: They should have told him midway, hey I really got to restructure this, or not even midway, at the beginning.
Speaker 17: Absolutely, it should have been done in the beginning when you realize that the parts could not be attained, and then it goes to this.
Speaker 2: Let's say it is it's the beginning, you and I I sign a contract with you for that ten thousand dollars shower. Then before you even start you reach out to me and go, look, I just simply can't get porcelain at that price, not even close to that. It's five times the amount or whatever the deal is, maybe the fixtures, maybe mister steam if it's a steam shower, whatever, all of a sudden is either not available or outrageous. Could I what would happen if I said, too bad? We sign this contract?
Speaker 17: Well, I mean again, it goes back to what your agreement language states, and we had some very specific languages that had to be rewritten to basically account for this. If if the job turned out to be priced incorrectly, we would either have a conversation or we would have a dissolution.
Speaker 18: Thankfully, we've never had to dissolve. That language is in right.
Speaker 2: So hey, by the way, real quick, Ron, what is his contractor's name or what is his company name or both?
Speaker 11: It's a Tom Talop at T Anthony Construction G And once again, I don't want to I don't want to disparage him.
Speaker 2: You know, no, there's nothing to disparage. I just want his side. I personally would agree with you on this. I think Tom probably did underbid it. And if there's nothing in that language and we're going to get an attorney on and talk about it. So hold on and to me, trecy if we can't get that guy to come on or line him up, I'd love if he would just cold come on right now.
Speaker 9: Yep, I just sent I just sent Kelly Neil Hollington's phone number, so hopefully he'll be available.
Speaker 2: All right, So listen, we're gonna come back. We're going to try to get that attorney on. Rick's got an issue with len Lyle chevro leg We're gonna figure out what's going on. We got two lines open three oh three seven one three A two five five three oh three Martino.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three O three seven one three A two five five. We're trying to get a We got a lot of cook and actually tomorrow we're gonna have an attorney out for that.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: First caller, that HOA problem blows me away. It just blows me away. Uh you pick out a color and yeah, she didn't notice it. But the bottom line is the HOA had it wrong. In fact, I put up a poll on YouTube. I want to check that out. But while I'm pulling that up, the other thing we're working on is getting a contractor attorney. This poor guy who we have been talking to Ron, He basically had an agreement to build a garage, and the guys like I haven't made enough money. I'm basically done at least according to Ron. So we're going to get an attorney on that does nothing but deal with contractors and get some thoughts from them. Now. Meantime, as I'm pulling this up, Rick, what is going on? Man? Hey? Rick? Rick? Rick? Rick Rick again? Rick again? Hey Rick Taylor. Oh Taylor, I'm sorry, hold on, I don't know how that happened. Taylor, what's going on with you? I'm gonna what's your name out here?
Speaker 18: Go ahead?
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So I purchased a twenty eighteen Forward truck from len Lyle Chevrolet in late January. Immediately I noticed that there's something wrong with the transmission, and I brought it back to them and they said they can't really fix it because they're a Chevrolet dealership and they didn't really know how to diagnose it. So I took it to a Ford dealership, got a diagnosis that said replace the transmission. So len Lyle said, well, maybe we got another idea. We'll try to fix it. We got another partner.
Speaker 2: Hey, Taylor, let me cut you off real quick here. So when you bought this thing, tell me again, what when you bought it?
Speaker 12: January twenty fourth?
Speaker 2: All right, January twenty fourth. And then you said almost immediately, like what within the week or within the day there was problems?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct? And what were the problems?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 2: What were they wouldn't go into gear, wouldn't shift, What were the problems?
Speaker 10: It was?
Speaker 12: It was shifting really funny. It seemed like it didn't know when to shift. Certain times. They would kind of jump interesting, bounce a little bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, but it was evident, yes, and you bought it as is I assume yes. Did you buy any kind of warranty with it?
Speaker 12: No, it was a cash as is.
Speaker 2: Okay, keep going then, so you brought it back and they said, we can't fix it. You bring it over to a Ford dealership. They basically said, the transmission is toast. You bring it back. They say, Lynn Lyles says, well, we've got another idea. You realize at this point they really don't owe you anything in order to keep their name good that they should do something. They basically sold you something that didn't work, but keep going.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and totally they've been great. And so they they offered it and they fixed it and returned it to me. Oh nice and right, it sounds great.
Speaker 2: But that was in February.
Speaker 12: It's been returned as fixed now almost five times.
Speaker 2: Hey, what are they doing to it? Why does he keep having this problem?
Speaker 15: And I don't quite know.
Speaker 12: It's they've basically replaced replaced the whole transmission, the whole transmission electronics to the to the computer, so it seems to be having the same problems. And I basically was fed up with it. I took it back to len Lyle and said, you know, because i'd been sort of dealing with this other mechanic now that len Lyle kind of was using.
Speaker 2: So hey, hey, they literally put a rebuilt transmission in it, though at one point.
Speaker 12: Yeah, potentially they I think that they rebuilt it first and then. So that's gone through all this, but it's been through numerous checkpoints. Even Ford looked looked at it and said it was fine a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: So if I drove it right now, I mean I would definitely know what you're talking about. It's that bad.
Speaker 12: Definitely. It gets stuck in tenth gear when you're on the interstate and you get off the interstate. It won't downshift in the first so you have to like turn it off and turn it back on.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Hold on a second, hold on this. This is an interesting deal, Hey, Kelly, get Jeff vick on for me. Everybody holds tight.
Speaker 13: Three oh three Martino, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three O three seven one three A two five five we got two lines open. You've been ripped off for taking advantage of man. We have had a plethora of different issues today and uh we digging into these. I want to get every one of these solved. I want to get attorneys for people that need them. I want to get experts like Jeff vickap Hey, Jeff, this one's crazy Man twenty eighteen, Ford f one fifty. He bought it from lynn Lyle and it had problems. Basically, as soon as he drove it off the lot, the transmission would basically not shift right or jump around. He explains, it is just just crazy. I mean, nothing felt right. Lynn Lyle or lynn Lyle actually stepped up to the plate and send them over to some place he didn't have any warranty on it. Sent him over to someplace that fixed it. At one point, they rebuilt it. At one point. It sounds like they might have bought to rebuild and put it back in, but it's still acting horrible. And here's why I wanted you on one, I don't know what's going on with that vehicle. Is there known problems with the transmission in it? And the second is here's what it's doing. I've never heard of this on the high way. It'll get up to the highest gear and Taylor, you said it's got ten gears, correct, Yeah, if it gets into tenth gear, Jeff, and then he exits the highway, it won't get out of tenth gear. How do you finally get it home? Then?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I just sometimes I just shift it into park, turn it off, or do multiple shifts and something it gets lucky like it wakes back up. So, Jeff, they did fourth gear.
Speaker 2: They have worked on this thing no less than five times. And basically it's is it still doing the almost the exact same thing tailor from the day you bought it, or is the problem changed.
Speaker 12: It's pretty much the same thing. Potentially other things have tacked on, but it's for the most part the same thing.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jeff, just any ideas on the problem.
Speaker 16: Well, there's multiple ideas on the problem. That's un It's been extremely problematic before since the day they put it out. Torquenberger problems, Vold body problems, computer problems. So there's a plethora of you know, different aven years that we would attack that depending on what we were able to see on us go oh.
Speaker 2: My god, man, where are they at now with Taylor? Well, so.
Speaker 12: The mechanic had gone through all the steps, they thought that they had it. They took it to Ford Ford a Ford dealership, I'm not sure which one they and Ford had drove it around with the diagnostics on it and approved it. They returned it to me and I drove it one hundred miles and it started, you know, error engine check, engine lights popping on and everything.
Speaker 2: So now it happens all the time. Yeah, and I have a no no, no hold on though. I'm saying this for Jeff's sake. So they signed off on it that whatever Ford dealership, you literally drove it one hundred miles with no problem. Then it started doing this all the time again, correct, Jeff? What the hell does that point to? How do how do they fix it? For one hundred miles? And then I want to ask this too, Taylor, when they like swapped out to transmission or rebuilt it. Did it work for one hundred miles or five hundred miles or what.
Speaker 15: That's correct?
Speaker 12: Basically every time I've received it, it works until I essentially get it on the highway and it needs to shift up or down from there, and that's when.
Speaker 2: It kind of Yeah, but when that first hundred miles, it wouldn't matter.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: In other words, when you got it back, you could get on the highway, get on the side road, get anywhere. It worked fine. Then all of a sudden it didn't pretty much. Yeah, Jeff, what the hell would cause that?
Speaker 16: Again, we've got to go through the plus thort of problems on it. I mean, we've gotten some of the vile bodies that we replaced on them. We've gone through three or four of them before we've been able to actually ship a vehicle, and they're bad right out of the box.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what a piece of junk. What I thought the F one fifty was like the number one selling truck in the world. How is it number one? Where where you've got one? That it just doesn't work? That's crazy.
Speaker 16: That ten speed is leaving a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. I mean, the primary problem we first saw with them was spinning, the pushing out of the CDF from where it's probably the most common problem. But then once you start working on them, even buying Ford product, some of this stuff is coming bad right off the line.
Speaker 2: Oh man, So that ten speed is not used in most of them.
Speaker 16: I don't know of a wide variety of them, just not only used inside the F one fifties. It's using some of the Mustangs. It's in a lot of their lines, for both Lincoln and for itself.
Speaker 2: Jeff, you know usually I beat people up here. Did you get to vehicle checked out? Taylor? Did you get to vehicle checked out?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 12: When I bought it from them?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You have someone look at it? What?
Speaker 10: Oh? No?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So yeah, I mean that was stupid. I'll just say it for what it is. You should have had someone look at it, because really, you bought it as is, and they are trying to help you, but man, I mean, my god, they sold you a piece of crap. So so where do they stand right now? Did you tell them, hey, just get me into something else. Will they trade you out of it? Will they give you a refund? Are they offering anything.
Speaker 12: They offered to trade me out, but they don't have anything of equal value.
Speaker 15: I'd have to.
Speaker 12: Spend you know, tens of thousands more to get into a truck that down.
Speaker 2: Well, at least the truck would run. I mean, I get it. Would they give you a refund?
Speaker 12: No, they will not do that. I've tried that a couple of times, and that they.
Speaker 11: Will not do that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, man. I mean, your options and your legal options, in my opinion, suck. I mean really that's what I think, and I don't know what to do. I can't. Okay, I got an idea. I got a good idea. Where are you located anyhow? Okay, if Jeff a diagnostic on this in real time money, I mean, just give me an idea, because eventually, if they're not gonna if he can't afford to get traded out of this, which generally is not the best idea, he needs to get it fixed. But I wonder if you diagnosed it, and tell me if I'm just crazy because these things are so bad. But can you diagnose it and then they know what to do to fix it? Or that's just insane because there's so many different problems you might have to do multiple things in order to get to the next party.
Speaker 16: Followers with it and see if we can't pinpoint it down like that. The nice thing is that it does turn out to be inside the unit itself. You know, if they installed the Fords unit, that thing came with a three year, one hundred thousand mile warranty, so he should be able to get them swapped out of no Chunlee.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, hold on, Taylor, how come Ford as and just put a new transmission in it when they apparently send it over to a Ford dealer.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and I think that they're you know, they'd be willing to try again. But my mechanic is going to have to take.
Speaker 11: It to Ford and fight with them. I guess.
Speaker 12: I don't know, or the mechanic that had replaced it in the first place. See, I don't even really know who I'm dealing with anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it. I get it. Jeff, what do you think that would cost to Well, let me ask you this, if you just took a scanner up to it. Is there such thing as taking a quick peek at this and then if something isn't just right in your face? What does it cost to get to the root of this problem.
Speaker 16: Man, I'm seventy five to actually do the diag. Those tim fees were actually really really bad about not throwing codes even when they are going bad. Got it particularly one like I said that CDF prom spinmmed out. So you'll have all sorts of complaints from the customer, but nothing to change it through the scanner.
Speaker 2: So you're one hundred and seventy five bucks for the diag on it correct? Well, Taylor, I mean, I think that's a great idea. And I know Jeff personally for years. He's going to figure out what it is. And the other thing he said that I love that if he can give the documentation into the Ford dealership. I think you bring it directly to Ford that one hundred thousand mile what warranty was at one hundred thousand mile? What how many miles are on it? Dude out there goes that if they put in that, oh yeah, yeah, okay, we're assuming that was a Ford unit. How many miles when you first bought it, Taylor, probably right around there, right.
Speaker 12: One hundred and thirty nine. Yeah, I mean I haven't been able to put more than three hundred miles.
Speaker 2: You know what here's the other thing we got to do. Listen. I know legally they they they sold it as is, but my god, the guy's got one thousand miles on it. How long have you had this damn thing? And whoever they send you to apparently can't fix anything because you've been there five times and they're driving it over to the Ford dealer, and the Ford dealers basically missing something. I mean, you're so in the middle of this thing, it's crazy. So I do have a problem with lynn Lyle at this point. For God's sake, I get it, you sold it as is, but the guys had it for how many months, Taylor or four months? And he's driven less than one thousand miles and the vehicle's probably been out of his possession and you have nothing to trade him in less if it's ten or twenty thousand dollars more. I think we get these on. Hey, Jeff vic I think you need to look at it too, And I think Taylor, you need to get it to Jeff and figure out what's going on with it. And I'm going to have one of her deputies call over to len Lyle because they should do something for you. Do they have to legally know not in my opinion whatsoever, So I'll be very clear on that, len Lyle. In fact, I think you've been doing pretty good with the exception everything you tell him to do doesn't work. Hold on, by the way, Jeff vic Kimra transmission, thank you three oh three six nine three fourteen hundred. And I'll tell you this about Jeff. He can fix any transmission out there. He's that good, and his pricing is great and ready for this, He's fast. Thank you.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: You know three oh three seven one three A two five five. Hey, Kelly, where'd you leave it with that guy? Did you get len Lyle's number, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, I don't know why I can here? Yes, oh there you go?
Speaker 14: There you go?
Speaker 19: Sorry about that? Yes, I did, and I tried to call the service department.
Speaker 2: I did, or actually the sales department. I guess it doesn't matter who we talked to over there.
Speaker 19: And I also called Dimitri's contact and left a message.
Speaker 2: So we're kind of you've got a contract. Oh you mean for the other guy, Anthony?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so is he still on the line.
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: So so Ron, we're gonna get you on with this that. We've done two things. One, we left a message yes with t Anthony Construction, and they know where to reach back to us, right, Kelly.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 2: And then on top of that, we reached out to the construction attorney and as soon as we hear back, it's going directly to voice mail. He's probably in court. As soon as we hear back from him, we're gonna ligne you you up with the attorney to come on air.
Speaker 14: Okay, but are you assigning a deputy to this case, which.
Speaker 2: One to Anthony? No, just so we all know, Dimitri, you're on Tiantham. I'll be happy to help, okay. And then on this one with Lenn Lyle. Yes, Doc, okay, Doc will call over to len Lyle and figure out what's going on. Go ahead, Doc, you can talk. What are you saying?
Speaker 8: I was gonna Oh, I was going to call them after we speak to Jeff Fick, so I can say, look, this is what the problem is.
Speaker 7: Can you fix it? Talking to them now?
Speaker 2: Is not just talk to Jeffick. He said it could be a plethora of problems, but.
Speaker 7: He's going to bring it to Jeff to find out what's wrong.
Speaker 2: Is he going to bring it over to Jeff Kelly? Did he say that.
Speaker 10: He?
Speaker 19: I gave him all of his information and the address and everything, so he's going to try to do that.
Speaker 2: Yet I think that's a great idea too, if he got over there. But Doc, I still want you to call it len Lyle and just ask him, say, look, this guy drove off. We know you've attempted to fix it. Can he just get out of this deal? I mean, this is insane. It's been going on four months. We understand, you know, explain that. We know that they sold it as is. You know, I get it legally, they probably did nothing wrong, but my god, they sold a guy an expensive truck that hasn't worked from the day he got it. Maybe they should just for the sake of their own name, do it, because I don't know if he's going to bring it over there, So make that call. Hopefully he does get it over to Jeff to figure out what's going on. But I can't believe they sent him to somebody they can't even get the thing fixed. I mean, I really just don't get that now. You know, during the break, we were talking about refunding people, and I was talking to Nick about that. I'm going to talk about that coming up, and I'm dealing with one internally right now that's driving me crazy. That's on the referral list at this moment, but i'd like people's opinions on it. We do have lines open three h three Martino, get your call in right now. Go with a short thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Please time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 2: Find out now three oh three seven seven one.
Speaker 13: Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped of.
Speaker 3: News, need advise you don't have.
Speaker 4: Come runs the cam Shooter's gonna help come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show, No, Tom Martinez, We'll get Welcome my friends to.
Speaker 2: The only show of its kind. We are here to help you. We're here to solve problems and your questions, take complaints, make your life a little bit better if you've been ripped off, maybe a bad contractor a bad car deal, a bad anything. That is what this show is for. We help people with landlords all the time as well. The phone numbers U see three to oho three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino. I also have a contractor, speaking of a great contractor in studio with me, Nick Fox with renew Home Innovations. Nick, you guys do some of the most beautiful bathrooms out there. What is the number one thing you guys do? Is it like a full remodel, just a tub to shower conversion, anything in between? What is your specialty.
Speaker 18: Well, we specialize in in full bathroom models.
Speaker 17: You know, obviously we're able to do any level of a project, whether it's doing a porcelain shower system.
Speaker 2: Which is absolutely an incredible product line.
Speaker 17: That's your number one, right, Yeah, that's our that's the one that we uh, we really really like it because it different and stint's our company from any other company in the market. And why why does it it's it's not an easy product to work with, but we have we've we've mastered the process. What is the plus is a porcelain Well, simply put it, it doesn't it doesn't peel, it doesn't chip, it's it's non porous.
Speaker 18: Uh, it's very easy to keep clean. It looks absolutely stunning.
Speaker 2: Could you use something? I'm just curious. I mean, I have a porcelain shower, right, and for some reason I was asking about quartz and granted and other stuff and I was told you can't use that. Maybe that's because I had a steam shower.
Speaker 17: So porcelain quartz stone type products are the only things you really can use for steam showers, got it?
Speaker 18: Yeah, So you couldn't use an acrolic or you.
Speaker 17: Too hot, or it's just it'll melt, saturates, Oh it melts, yeah, it could.
Speaker 18: It could change its conformity really easily. Wow.
Speaker 17: But porcelain is where it's ats to clean and looks amazing, and you generally use one big sheet.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you don't even really see seams. There's no ground to clean.
Speaker 18: Very few seams.
Speaker 17: That's the that's the beauty of going with a porcelain product is is that you can create a seamless shower and you can have full wall patterns that just look absolutely sunny.
Speaker 2: Do you get into not just outside of the shower part. So the shower part you can do whatever they want. Of course they can do a basic thing. They don't have to use porcelain if they're on a big budget or on a small budget. But let's just say you're normal customer to people ever go in and say, okay, in the closets back here, I would like to get kind of like that California style closet. You guys get into that part. No, not really just the bathroom. Yeah, we really stay focused. We're centric to the to the wet space. You know, obviously we'll do we'll do the rest of the bath I'm about the fancy toilets. Do you sell a lot of those?
Speaker 18: A lot of those?
Speaker 2: Those are getting more popular.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 17: The bidets, Yeah, the bidets are incredible. They're they're very beneficial obviously. Yeah, there's a lot of value to them, and more and more people are are are star need to embrace them and you know, see the value in having them in their home.
Speaker 2: I'd say the biggest thing is on an older home, you got to run electric to it. I mean, it's not a huge thing, but I'm saying most most people can't go out and just buy one and swap it out. They got to run power.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 17: You have to have a dedicated circuit for most of the integrated units, but you can buy seats that don't require a dedicated circuit. You know, I'll plug in. But yeah, that's a great nice feature for your home. It's it's your own personal space. I mean, we spend a ton of time in our bathroom.
Speaker 2: Why American standard? Oh you know what, Actually, that's kind of funny. You do you spend a ton of time the shower. Of course, you go to the bathroom. You're just constantly, constantly, at least in the master bathroom.
Speaker 17: Right, yeah, and and and again, I mean we like the American Standard products. We like the Coler products. I mean, they're very nice that they.
Speaker 2: Get the best warranty out of these they're all similar.
Speaker 18: You know, I'll tell you the truth.
Speaker 17: I used to feel that, you know, the Colon and American Standard had had really strong warranties. But today, I mean more and more the warranties are getting weaker, and you know, you need to find someone that knows how to install it, right, Yeah, and and kind of hope for the best because warranties aren't what they used to be.
Speaker 18: And that's just true.
Speaker 2: And when you redo a shower, you have to do a new pan most.
Speaker 17: Every time, you know, every single Yeah, every time we do a new pan, and we do a really beautiful pan. It's an encompassed shower base. Uh, it's a it's a solid surface, zero threshold shower where it has a linear shower and we do most of our bathrooms have those in the space and and uh, they look beautiful, just just wonderful.
Speaker 18: And it's a local company that is up in Thornton.
Speaker 2: How about how about pricing generally compared to the competition, you're middle of the road, a little higher because you like to have perfection a little lower where you at.
Speaker 17: So you know, that's a that's a great question. And the reality is, I think there's a price point for everybody. And yeah, I mean I think we have products that meet everybody's budget. You know, we're not just going We're trying to help everybody that we walk in the door. So we provide different levels and options of products.
Speaker 2: So they call you up. Yeah, and basically you guys just head out. You said an appointment, You go out, you talk to them about different options. Do people ever say, hey, I want like good, better, best scenario, you know, give me different options and you'll write up different estimates.
Speaker 18: So our system is I think it's it's a pretty unique process.
Speaker 17: I mean, obviously, yes, they call us, we set up an appointment, We send out a trained designer who will actually come in, listen to what they want to accomplish, try to identify the best needs, find out what the problems are, and then provide them solutions based off of material selections.
Speaker 18: And we'll show you show that.
Speaker 2: I bet a lot of times when your designers show up. It's funny you send out designers. I like that because people think they know what they want, but they don't know the different options. I bet a lot of times what they had envisioned is not what they end up with, Kyle, because they did. There you go, that's a perfect one. Tile.
Speaker 17: Yeah, most people think that tile is a solution, and it's just kind of a it's it's very rarely done today, even by most companies out there. Most companies are selling some type of solid surface product because it makes it easy to maintain better, it's easy to take care of, I mean, and it's so it's just so new, right, I mean, it's just looks great.
Speaker 18: It looks incredible. It really doesn't.
Speaker 17: So I recommend looking at all the different options, figure out a budget that makes sense. And again, we price our jobs to sell, not to keep. So you know, we're going to find a way to make a job affordable at all levels. And we know where those thresholds or propensity of investment should be.
Speaker 2: So I really like that, man. I like the way you guys put it all together. Now, would you say, you guys when they come out are pretty low intensity. In other words, you're not doing a real hard sale.
Speaker 18: Are a push Are we a pushy company?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 18: I think that by the time.
Speaker 17: We you know, we really tell folks, you know, you're gonna have to look at a couple of things. First, you have to have a product that you're gonna love, find a company you're gonna be comfortable with, and then you know, come up with a price that makes sense for everybody. And if it makes sense, generally people find a way to put it together while we're there, and that's real the way we work. And if it if it doesn't work, then we part as friends, you know, because you never know what may change down the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so yeah, we Yeah, how long you guys been doing it? I know you've been on the referral list so many years I remember, But how long you've been.
Speaker 17: Well, the business we've been in businesses nineteen ninety six. We've been centric to bathrooms since two thousand and seven, two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: Wow. So yeah, And so I like the fact you just look at that, right, I mean I really do, because a lot of people do everything right. I mean, let's just face it, everything right. I like the fact you're just in that one space and a house, right, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 17: Actually, Well, the nice thing about that is you get an expert. That's doing that project they're not doing. Does one day at deck the next I think I've.
Speaker 2: Seen you on didn't you guys? Don't you guys do some of those news shows like on Channel seven or Fox? I think I've seen you and possibly your wife with you.
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 18: The better half? Yes? Absolutely, she makes us look good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really cool man.
Speaker 18: Thank you.
Speaker 2: So check it out, folks, you guys want them to come out, get a bit on that. I would do it three oh three, nine oh four, two thousand, three oh three, nine oh four, two thousand, you know, really, last question, I would say, the bathroom in the kitchen are two areas in the house. Now, I'm not saying you'll pull the exact amount out. In other words, you got a fifty thousand dollars beautiful bathroom, you put a steam shower in all this. I'm saying you might not build the value of the home by fifty but I bet you build it by pretty damn close. I think it's one of the two areas in the house. Maybe a basement too, but two areas in the house. And when I go look for a house and my wife's with me, especially she's looking at the kitchen she's looking at that master bathroom and the master closet quite frankly. But I think it's one of the two items where you can get pretty close to your investment. I mean, if you use a company like you that's got great pricing. So if you use a good company and the job is done right like these guys do, I think it builds that value you put into it. Maybe not one hundred percent, but close. What do you think?
Speaker 17: Well, you know, the best analogy I can I can give consumers is that when you're looking at doing bathroom models, you typically the home valuation on the bathrooms usually about.
Speaker 18: Eighteen to twenty two percent.
Speaker 17: So as long as you can keep your budget on your bathroom your model projects wrapped around that number based off the value of your home.
Speaker 2: Then that's where it is. Yeah, you're saying that's the math.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's the math that most real estate agents would would provide.
Speaker 2: Do you ever have people come in, like, we've redone every bathroom in our house at this point, everyone right, and we did them one at a time. Do you ever have people come in and say, hey, this half bath, the kids bathroom upstairs, and the master, let's just knock it out. I mean, does that happen or generally not?
Speaker 18: So two things.
Speaker 17: Yes, we have a lot of customers that will help us do all their bathrooms. They'll they'll make agreements to do them all.
Speaker 18: Got it.
Speaker 17: We will never pull down your home more than one bathroom at a time. Yeah, Okay, we've lest some slury.
Speaker 2: I got to be able to go. You gotta go, you gotta go. Yeah, No, that's that's uh, yeah, that's pretty good. I believe you guys do so.
Speaker 18: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Listen to anybody out there, seriously, if you've been thinking about it, you might be shocked. Imagine your wife's face when she comes home and someone from renew Home Innovations is there and you're talking about getting that bathroom done and getting a quote. Think of the smile on the face. I mean literally, it's like crazy, I waited so long on our master. I shouldn't have waited so long, Simply, I shouldn't have and we did. But I should have done it ten years ago when we bought the house.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people make that mistake, you know.
Speaker 18: And it's interesting you say that.
Speaker 17: One of the things that we look at is, you know, what does the experience look like for for your wife, for example, you know what's important to her. I mean, I know that when I redid my own bathroom, one of the things that I really wanted to hit on was make sure I had proper lighting. Yeah, so that you know, she could have a you know, a nice experience getting ready from the mornings like that. So I so I made sure that we had proper lighting. But when with the bathrooms, I mean, there's just there's so many things you can do to create a spalight.
Speaker 2: Like experience that that's the most incredible part. We used our steam shower all the time. Man, Yeah, so live it. But these guys three three, nine oh four, two thousand, Now, look, I got a couple of things going here. We got to take a break. Guys got a problem with the jeep Cherokee. But before that, Steve's got a problem with American restoration. They're on our referral lit And I'm to the point now where we're just going to handle this on air. I'm going to see where they're both coming from. But I gotta be honest, I think they both have points. But I'm a little I'm a little upset that I'm still getting phone calls on this after I got involved weeks ago. Here's where I think we left off. Rock, who is the owner of American Restoration, said he was going to go ahead and basically give this guy one hundred percent guarantee that if he didn't like the job when it was done. And this is a pretty big job. The scope of work I think's over one hundred thousand. I'm not even sure on the full amount, but it's got to do with finishing up the restoration and then rebuilding, and it's an entire house. And he offered the guy a guarantee, a one hundred percent guarantee Rock set and I told Steve, well, my god, you got to do that. Why wouldn't you do that. He's going to do one hundred two hundred, three hundred thousand dollars worth of work, and he says, if you're not one hundred percent satisfied, he's going to refund the money. Well, I found that insane that Rock would even offer that. So my idea at that point was, Steve, I don't know how you have a choice not to take it. Have him putting it on the contract instead of just in the text, and let's move forward, and I thought all was said and done up until what time did he leave a message this time? Kelly?
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 2: I know the guy. So first of all, on Steve's side, I will say this, he doesn't get off work till eleven, so he's not like the rest of us. But he left the message here at three forty five. And basically what did the message say. I haven't heard from either of them for weeks. I, honest to God, told Rock, you're crazy. Give the guy his money back, giving them that guarantee, you're gonna end up losing hundreds of thousands of bucks if you have it to pay him back.
Speaker 14: Well, let's hear from them.
Speaker 2: Well we are going to hear from him. But what time did he leave that message? Three forty five? But it was yesterday or tonight or today?
Speaker 14: However the hell that looks eal leave morning today?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 13: Everybody, hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, this hour brought to you Bye Paul the waterman he was in yesterday. I know of no other company, no other plumbing company or water system that can get rid of the chlorines, soften the water, get rid of the p fives, get rid of every bad thing basically in the water. I think you said ninety nine point nine percent. It's a whole house system under thirty seven hundred dollars. That's a special for this month, and it's a good time to get it, simple as that, if you've been thinking about it. We're talking two thirds lower than the competition. Other people charged ten to fifteen thousand for that. Paul thewaterman at waterpros dot net. Waterpros dot net only thirty seven hundred dollars for that entire system. You're going to love these guys, all right now. I'm going to go to Steve Hey Steve, I swear I thought we had this thing done. I have not heard from you for a decent period of time, maybe a week, two weeks. I forget right off. I thought we left it where Rock was going to go ahead like his tech said, and give you a one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee or else you would get a full refund. And I thought you were going to have him put that into the contract and then you guys were going to move forward. The next thing I know, we got a message here early this morning. So where are we at with everything that didn't work out?
Speaker 20: Well?
Speaker 16: First of all, he didn't want to put it in writing, and I told him, put in writing, you sign it, Paul Flanet, my Tennial'll sign it.
Speaker 15: They didn't want to do that.
Speaker 12: He's pretty much ghosted me ever since.
Speaker 2: He hasn't spent one dollar.
Speaker 1: On my job.
Speaker 2: All right, Steve, Steve, Steve, We're going to do this in a fair manner. So I asked you the question, now, hold on, hey, Rock, pretty straightforward, you made him that offer. He decided to take it the one hundred percent guarantee or else you'd give him every dime back, which I thought was absolutely insane for any contractor or anybody to ever do, because you already know you can't satisfy this guy. But you did make him the offer. So what happened with that?
Speaker 5: We you know, originally he said he was going to write the contract, and I told him.
Speaker 15: We'll write the contract.
Speaker 5: This is a very detailed type of thing that you know, we're writing the contract and mister, mister read respond.
Speaker 15: Steve, wait a sec let me respond, Let me respond, so last name? Excuse me?
Speaker 2: Steve?
Speaker 5: Steve, he responds, or had he attacked in such a violent manner that communicating with him is very very very difficult. You know, little things, little communications, little steps are hard to make.
Speaker 2: Because rock, are you willing to put that rock? Here's where I madam, are you willing to put that guarantee in the contract?
Speaker 15: I'll put it in the contract.
Speaker 5: Just we're going to take the time.
Speaker 15: We have to take the time to write it out.
Speaker 5: Since that it's very clear, and that doesn't that doesn't happen overnight.
Speaker 15: We're not we're not going to write something. We're not going to write something that you know.
Speaker 5: We can't we can't put write in order, we can't Bill.
Speaker 15: Oh, that's impossible to meet, Steve.
Speaker 2: Steve, I'm going to end up having to put you on hold, man, So just just hold on. You're just you got to give him his shot at this. I mean, I don't know what else to say. And basically, I'm going to read what you put to both of us, Rock, and I mean, it was about as straightforward as it can get, and I apologized everybody. But it takes me a second to find it because between the two of them, I've got seven hundred and fifty eight thousand texts. Here's what you put mister, or I'll just say, Steve, we'll do the job. If you're not one hundred percent satisfied in the end, we'll refund every dime. And I called you or I texted you. I forget and I said, what are you crazy? Rock? How would you possibly satisfy this guy? You could do everything correctly, and at the end, there is no possible way he's going to be satisfied. The guy can't stand you and Rock, to be honest, if you've got a couple grand tied up into this or three grand or whatever it is, I would keep that and refund him the rest and get him out of my life. For the life of me, why won't you just do that? He doesn't want to do business with you, and honestly, he's calling and texting me constantly. I don't understand why this is an issue. And then if you don't want to do that refund his sixteen thousand, then why don't you put in writing exactly what you said, because now he's stuck on that.
Speaker 5: Right and I want you But that's a very detailed thing.
Speaker 2: That we have to that is not a detailed statement. Rock Listen, man, I've known you for years. I've never had an issue with anything you guys have done. But for the life of me, I don't know why this one's falling apart. But this is not There's nothing detailed about this. It says Steve will do the job. If you're not one hundred percent satisfied in the end, we'll refund every time. What do you mean by detailed? Do you want to break down the meaning of satisfied? What are you talking about out there?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, but that's that's not what it says. I mean. Listen, you guys, are you know you're you're kind of outsiders on this. You don't get to text you're not in the middle. I've read this, I've showed this to you. Dmitri, What are you thinking right now?
Speaker 9: I think it's pretty easy for me if I would just want to cut bait and go. I mean, Rock, there's no way you guys are going to repair this relationship. This is just going to keep going and going and going.
Speaker 2: Why not take what you have, go on job Rock and refund.
Speaker 8: The rest you Also, if he's not one hundred percent satisfied, there has to be a way to mediate. Someone's got to say this is a false claim with this is a legitimate claim.
Speaker 2: To say I know one hundred percent satisfied means that if I go into a restaurant says you're not one hundred percent satisfied with that steak, it's free. All I got to do is say I'm not satisfied. Now I got a free steak. It's an absurdity. People will take advantage of that all the time, and Steve will take advantage of that. I have no doubt about it. But I go back to what Dimitri said. You know what, Nick Fox, I hate to drag you into this. You're in as a guest, but you've done ten thousand jobs. You've told me ten thousand remodels, you've dealt with someone like Steve, and I don't even know if Steve. I'm not even saying Steve's the whole problem.
Speaker 10: Rock.
Speaker 2: You did start the job late and there was some issues. But for the life of me, what do you make of this?
Speaker 17: Well, if trusty, I wouldn't want to be in someone's home or property if they didn't want me there.
Speaker 2: And these guys are like fire and water at this point.
Speaker 18: I would definitely, uh, I would definitely do whatever it takes.
Speaker 2: Two, why do you want to deal with this guy? What's your hesitancy? If you have some money in it, then fine, subtracted. Just give him an itemized list. Here, here's ten hours of my time I spent talking to somebody or whatever it is, and then refund them the rest. What is the hesitancy.
Speaker 10: Of over?
Speaker 15: You know, we've been with this projects from the get go for over a year and a half.
Speaker 5: I understand what, mister, what Steve has gone through. We want we want we want to be able to come back and show the show that we can do we can handle difficult problems, because I've had more difficult problems that that we've we've been successful on and I want more than anything to come back on the radio and show that we've helped Steve get back into his home and that his home is in a little condition, and that we've done the work. You know, I don't back you know, I'm an American soldier and we don't back down from a fight.
Speaker 2: You know, rock for the life. I can't force you to do it. I think you're I I think there's something wrong. Honestly, God, I'm going to tell you my gut feeling. I think there's something going on here. Do you even have his money? Have you held that sixteen thousand in trust for his job?
Speaker 1: Yes, we have the money.
Speaker 15: Well, we'll give it back. We we we have the money. We just want to want to finish the job.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want you to finish the job. This is insane. He is saying you're charging a lot more for different tests than he can get anywhere else. I don't know the validity of that, but I'm telling you, I just why don't you part ways? Would you do that for me? Would you guys part ways and refund him whatever he needs to be refunded, minus what you've done.
Speaker 5: I would like to talk to Sam and his lawyer.
Speaker 7: Before we do that.
Speaker 15: Making promises, you know, just off the hip like this, or.
Speaker 5: Making you know, statements off the hips. I don't think it's a really good.
Speaker 15: Thing to do.
Speaker 5: I would like to sit down with him reasonably and then come to a conclusion.
Speaker 15: That would be great.
Speaker 5: If we could come to you know, a solid conclusion, that would be great. That would be best if we can just come to an agreement.
Speaker 2: What would the agreement be? Rock honest to god? Like, Okay, let's just ask him, Hey, Steve, would you like to sit down and have an agree? Meant with him.
Speaker 16: No, there's no conclusion here.
Speaker 15: He never started the job.
Speaker 16: He hasn't ordered any of that pot so he hasn't transfermit, he's done nothing.
Speaker 2: He hasn't turned to screw nothing, He's done nothing.
Speaker 15: I never mindset said, and I responded that.
Speaker 2: And respond.
Speaker 15: We we we were on this.
Speaker 5: Product for over a year and a half. I told him I would see him.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? How have you been on it for a year and a half. How does that even make sense?
Speaker 15: It doesn't, he finished.
Speaker 11: We were there.
Speaker 5: We were there, just like the Marines.
Speaker 15: When when when the.
Speaker 5: Fire first started, We gave him an estimate. We we we we were, we were there, we did the testing, and then you know, he said we were too high and he went with.
Speaker 2: A different company, and the different companies screwed up right then. But then you but then you came back. But then you came back back right and you haven't been on the job a year and a half. Rock that. I just don't think that was a fair thing. You might have been dealing with Steve for a year and a half, but you haven't been on the job for a year and a half.
Speaker 5: Okay, we we we we've been dealing with him for a year and a half.
Speaker 15: Then you have us.
Speaker 16: Let me.
Speaker 5: Then called us back on the job. Then he called us, and then it was another six months before we could even get get things started.
Speaker 15: And we just I couldn't.
Speaker 5: I couldn't get my people.
Speaker 15: Together to to wait six months. You know, wait, you know, people have to do other jobs.
Speaker 5: We have we have other things to do.
Speaker 15: And finally after we got to go ahead after six months, we were getting things together. And when I came to.
Speaker 5: Him was because I said I was going to show him everything up front, because the previous contractor did such a poor job and stole a bunch of money for him. I told him I would show him everything that we were doing.
Speaker 2: I don't know what any of this has to do with the current situation. He rehired you somewhere around January to do it somewhere that fell apart. You've got sixteen thousand dollars up front from him. He's saying you haven't done anything. I highly doubt you haven't done anything, but I think we can all agree you have not done sixteen thousand dollars worth of work yet. Is that fair enough?
Speaker 10: Correct?
Speaker 2: Then why not refund him whatever's there and just part ways.
Speaker 12: Exactly.
Speaker 5: I'd like to sit down with him and Bob, I don't want him.
Speaker 10: We need more down.
Speaker 15: We need to sit down. We do because the way my money is the way he want my money. I want you out of my life.
Speaker 10: We need to.
Speaker 15: He called us to do a job.
Speaker 2: You just want to hold him. I got to put you both on old Rock just wants to hold him to this contract no matter what. And I'll be honest, Rock, I think your tap dance and I don't know what's going on over there. Your website's not up. I'm not sure if your phone number works. I'm not happy about this situation, so I hope you stay on the line while I do this break. But I'm gonna be quite honest, I'm gonna have to remove you from the referral list. This guy's calling all the time. He's so upset. It's crazy. Something's going on here. I don't understand why you wouldn't part with this relationship in a million years. This is the most toxic relationship I have heard in a long time.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right three O three seven one three A two five five. Look, I'm just gonna recap this, and everybody's got to understand my frustration. It's been over. This has been going on for ever, just ever in a day. These two are so toxic together to even think they'd make a deal as crazy. Bottom line is, Steve gave this guy Rock sixteen thousand dollars. And I've known Rock forever, and I will say this, I've never I've had a complaint on him before, but everything's always been worked out. And as far as complaints for restoration companies, very very few, most of them that we've had over the years. On our referral list, we get more than I've ever gotten on Rock. But something has changed here. I mean, Rock, you start bringing up your service and I appreciate you being in the Marines, but that has nothing to do with this. I don't know what's going on here. I feel like you're tap dancing and Steve before I bring you both back up, My god, you call all the time, the middle of the night. I know you don't get off your work until eleven forty five. And if Rock does, and I hope and he am to refund some of it minus whatever work he's actually done. I hope you take the deal in Rock. I hope you actually make that offer when we come back and mediation is in our referral list agreement, just to let both of you know, so that could always be an option here, and that's something we can invoke now. What drives me crazy, though, Steve, you keep talking over and you shouldn't be doing that in this case right now. And the other thing is you're not mister innocent in this. You really aren't. I realize you think these tests cost a lot more, but I don't know if they do or not. Maybe they do. And all I'm talking about there for people that don't know is Rock is in the restoration business. When you rebuild something, you got to make sure it's right. So he needs a plumber to come in and do a smoke test in this other stuff. Steve's saying he can find it cheaper, so he's trying to nippick this guy down on prices like that. But at this point, guys, it's so toxic. I am highly suggesting one more time that you guys part ways simple as that. And Steve, sometimes I think you might get your drink on. Quite frankly, I talk to you one time where I couldn't even make heads or tails. Does that have anything to do with this?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 2: But along with all the text back and forth, all the late night calls. Once again, I know you get off work late, but three forty five in the morning, most people are sleeping. You've texted me at midnight to my personal cell phone number I gave you. Now you haven't done that for a while. But that's it. So I'm going to go back to Rock.
Speaker 10: Rock.
Speaker 2: I'm going to plead with you one more time. Will you please refund this guy minus whatever you've done.
Speaker 15: For you and the show.
Speaker 5: I in the relationship so much.
Speaker 11: I'll do that.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, Rock. I appreciate that one hundred percent, and I know everybody listening does too. Now, hold on, Steve, We're good now. Did you hear him?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I heard him. Okay, he started the job, Mark Steve, Steve. I am sure he will come back with a fair number. If he spent some time filling out permits talking to people. There is going to be a little cost there, whether you like it or not. I will look at it when you guys talk. If it's egregious, I will chime in. But for the life of me, you better shut your mouth out right now and say thank you Rock for refunding me and telling everybody on the air, you were going to do it. Appreciate it, Rock, Thank you, Lord, have mercy, Lord have mercy. Thank you Rock for coming through with that. And I swear this better not be an issue next week. I do not want that call, guys. Okay, thoughts on it seriously now that we're done apparently World War four, But I predict we're going to hear about this within a month. I don't think so. I don't think so. Who was the president that used to do duels all the time right in the White House, like Andrew? Who was it, Oh, the one who killed the vice president or the vice president killed him? So this is gonna come down to like an old fashioned duel. Take ten paces and whoever's still there, they're still there. The other guy's gone.
Speaker 14: Alexander Hamilton.
Speaker 2: Hamilton, this is the most toxic relationship I remember in a long time on this show. These two. Rock, You're gonna come and thank me. Rock's gonna be so happy that this guy's out of his life, and Steve, You're gonna be so happy as well. You know the fun part about mediation, and that's what just happened. You know the fun part about it. If you do a good job. There ain't one person happy. We got another hour coming up.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 10: You don't have.
Speaker 2: Come run insists as can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come, man, this is.
Speaker 6: The Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martinez, welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 2: My friends to the only show. I it's gay. You're here to solve problems, answer your questions, take complaints. I'd take my heart medication. Now I'm just kidding blood pressure. No, I'm still just kidding. You know, that was a very intense conversation, and I was thinking if those two ever got into a room together, my god, who knows what kind of fireworks would happen. I did want to ask people their thoughts, but let me let me at least start the show and say this. You've been ripped off, you've been taken advantage of, you got a bad contractor out there. You need help. That is what this show is about. We do have open lines three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I'd also love some comments. I put up a poll on YouTube and basically I asked, how do you think Mark handled this call? And I'm trying to think. I don't see the number here, but it's probably about one hundred people. Eighty four percent very good, five percent okay, and eleven percent not good. I'd like to know what that eleven percent? How do you guys? What do you think that eleven percent? Pretend you're part of the eleven percent? What do you think? Maybe I was just too loud and too yelling. I think those are the people who are disappointed. We did not do a live video cast of the meeting between Rock and Steve, a pay per view event. Pay per view event would have been awesome. Yeah, it's so weird. It's been going on so long. They just didn't stop. I felt like if I didn't Finally, Kelly, how many times have I walked in studio and the first thing you tell me in the past six weeks is guess who called again?
Speaker 14: At least five?
Speaker 2: Oh, It's NonStop, and then the text between them all and you know, I don't want to dig that far back into it, Nick, I mean from a business aspect and a contractor what do you think there?
Speaker 17: It's sad, but when relationships go sour, but at some point you have to recognize to let it go is the healthiest thing that you can do for both sides.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you simply he does have money involved in it. I don't think it's much, but whatever it is, right and that part, if that part becomes an issue, I'm just gonna I'm just gonna have Tom take care of it.
Speaker 17: Yeah, hopefully they can come up with a rational number that makes sense for both sides.
Speaker 2: What's the biggest troubled customer? Oh, by the way, three oh three nine? Uh three oh three Martino, let's just go with that. Remember that number works on and off the air. I'd love some comments on that call. And then on top of that, any problem you have, uh three O three seven, one, three eight, two five five or three oh three Martino or help it troubleshooter dot com. What's the biggest problem customer?
Speaker 18: Nick?
Speaker 2: You remember having you were in the hvac business years ago too.
Speaker 17: You know, it's it's always about It always comes down to communication.
Speaker 2: Uh, above a. No, there's crazy customers. Oh no, no, no, dude, I ran five good Year stores and you know what, most of the time the customer's right. But there's some crazy ass people out there. Yeah. But I but I think nine times out of ten they just want to be heard.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think you and uh, and if you take the time to just at least process that with with a lack of emotion, because it's easy to get caught up in the in that type of situation.
Speaker 2: Where you know your two headstrong Yeah, and uh.
Speaker 17: If I've learned anything, it's just try to respond with as little emotion as possible because then at least someone some level of rationale can hopefully dictate the relationship.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go to the other side of that coin. What do you remember And you still didn't answer the question. I know, Yeah, you're trying dancing too. Yeah, he's here, tap to answer a little there, Come on, give us, give us at least one.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you know, I've had customers in the past that you were talking about.
Speaker 2: One they wanted something installed on an exterior wall.
Speaker 16: What was it.
Speaker 17: Oh, yeah, I was talking about a consumer just recently where we were in their home and they wanted to have a wall mount toilet installed in their bathroom that would be inside an nextterior wall.
Speaker 2: And couldn't process the fact that that would never fly.
Speaker 17: And it was up in Bailey because of code Yeah, because of code freezing all the the.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't even think of that part in Bailey. Yeah, So they like wanted that no matter.
Speaker 17: What, right, and they're trying to convince you to do it right, and and everything was just kind of an adversarial type of communication. Ultimately, you know, the path of least resistance prevailed and we parted ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so, and honestly, I'm well, that's a good example.
Speaker 17: We don't want to Nobody wants to lose money. No one wants to admit failure, you know. And I'm sure that that's where rock'shead is. To a degree he does.
Speaker 2: They've both got headstrong at each other. They simply didn't want to lose. Once you're there, it's it's never going to get better. Yeah, but you do at some point of both sides.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll tell you something else, Mark, we could not renew our mouthpractice insurance unless we documented that we went to lectures on communicating with patients how to communicate so that it produced a number of lawsuits by directly talking to the patient.
Speaker 2: So the insurance company mandated that exactly. I think that's pretty good. If I was an insurance company, I'd want a doctor to kind of understand how to communicate, maybe not to be a friendly doctor or a good bedside manner, but not to say something that could end up in a lawsuit and be used against you in a court of law.
Speaker 8: And right well, how to deal with medical errors if they were medical errors. Yeah, that hiding it always causes lawsuits.
Speaker 2: What's the worst at Dmitri, what's the worst business you've dealt with? Not necessarily the name of it, but think of something. Maybe it was a restaurant and it was a horrible waitress, but some experience you've had that will always stick out as a consumer or as a business owner, No, as a as a consumer. Now, a mistake that someone you dealt.
Speaker 9: With, Wow, man, that is surprisingly difficult for me to answer. I really, you know, as a consumer, I really, I mean I can't remember. You're pretty savvy. You generally wouldn't engage with someone that might rip you off.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm very careful about the people I deal with, Like I really e gauge the personality of the person, no matter what the potential business relationship is. And if I get even a whiff of douchiness or just some kind of weirdness, I you know, I politely disengage. So Mark, I mean, I honestly, guy, I mean, I've never been ripped off by a car dealer or a or or a plumber or anybody else.
Speaker 2: If people, oh, I'm sure.
Speaker 9: Yeah, or maybe I got ripped off by somebody who's so good at ripping me off that I'm I don't even know that I got ripped.
Speaker 2: Off like a good pickpocket. Yeah, hey, Dragon, what do you think of that engagement on that call?
Speaker 1: I think you did everything that you could. I think both of the Steve definitely a hole where Rock is defending his business's best that he can. I don't think that he should have thrown out that offer that I'm going to do this job to one hundred percent satisfaction, but that he did so deal with those consequences.
Speaker 2: And it was crazy he did that, and he did it in a group text to me and the guy. Okay, hold on one second, I do I still want to make this very clear. Out of I want to say definitely way pre COVID. But out of ten years I've had maybe one complaint on Rock, and whatever it was got taken care of, and so this was very at a character. But Steve, dealing with him is so hard it's crazy. And that's where I kept going. For the life of me, I don't understand why Rock just doesn't cut this done. And for Steve, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if it was just an overabundance of information plus bad contractors prior to Rock. But Rock has his own way doing it. If he wants to do this test, that is Rock's business to do this test.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he's going to be held at the end of it responsible as something does go wrong. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just because business A says you don't need to do this test, and business B says this test is five dollars and Rock says this test is twenty dollars. Doesn't matter. You're doing business with Rock. That's Rock's price.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you guys something too. I should have brought this up. I just thought about it. The reason Rock came back American Restoration was there gave him a bid. They didn't like to bid. Another company got in there. Steve is actually suing and had problems with the second company. So in fact, if Rock said, he's actually suing two other contractors. But once again I said, the Rock, if that's true, what the hell are you doing in this toxic relationship? It's nuts. You know, when you have something like our referral list and you have members on there, I mean, things just basically have to end at some point. I'll be very honest with people. You know, we run background checks on everybody and they sign a code of ethics, and the bottom line is, at some point when it comes to something like this, we can get involved. I mean, you guys, or whoever's on the referral list agrees to it. I can't remember the last time I had to kind of remind him in so many words that that's part of it. I mean, it really is. When it gets to the point where this guy's literally calling everybody you know, including a radio station, constantly something's got to be done. All right three oh three seven one three eight two five five will be right back.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now Wow three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino uh Nick Fox renew Home Innovations. Bathrooms, bathrooms, bathrooms. I've been saying it. I love the fact that's your main gig. You don't go in there and try to do everything in the house. You're not doing basement's kitchens, you do bathrooms.
Speaker 18: That's correct.
Speaker 2: And I love that solid wall the more I think about it, No grout, what kind of warranty does something like that have When you guys go in and do a full bathroom. What kind of warrant?
Speaker 17: So the walls, the wall products, most of the wall products today are going to carry a minimum of ten years and up to a lifetime guarantee for the material product.
Speaker 2: And what could ever happen to porcelain? Anything?
Speaker 18: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing, it's solid.
Speaker 18: They use it in hospitals, do that?
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, because of its ability to fight off any of the sickness. There's really no port microbial. No, it's one hundred percent nonporous.
Speaker 2: That's why then, right, I mean in the hospital because nothing can get exactly not holding disease. Yeah, it's it's hypoallergenic type of products. So what's your what's your favorite kind of project when it comes to bathrooms? Meaning do you like doing the full blown with the steam shower in the whole bit?
Speaker 18: I enjoy it because I get gigged up by it, you know. I like creating these incredible spaces.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 2: Do you do a lot of the design stuff yourself?
Speaker 18: Only when I get a chance.
Speaker 17: We have we have a handful of designers that are trained to go out and create those types of visions for consumers on the normal basis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's pretty cool. I don't mind, Well do you mind if I ask you this? You can say yes or no. But honestly, like when you go out in action league connect and meet a customer, like what is your close rate compared to say a salesperson you have so.
Speaker 17: Most of I would tell you this, most of our customers, with our average designer that goes, it's probably about fifty percent.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, are people sticker shocked or no? Because you said you basically walk in everything. I'll give you an idea of why I'm asking that. I'll have people, I'll have people call up. And it's a big thing in home services, right. You know, they hadn't bought a furnace for twenty years because furnace is generally last twenty years and the last furnace they bought might have been fifteen hundred bucks installed, and now a furnace in an AC can be fifteen thousand without blinking. So whatever company it is, and that's a lot of HVAC companies, right, all the big ones are going to be. I mean, that's just the costed selling a furnace now, just the way life is. But you got to get by that sticker shock. And I would assume with remodeling. You know, even pre COVID it was definitely cheaper. But how do you guys deal if there is stacker shock? How do you deal with that?
Speaker 17: You know, we always recommend consumers do a little bit of self analysis there. There's a publication now that's designed for consumers. It's called Costs Versus Value Report, and it comes out every year and it kind of gives a good assimilation of what projects are costing, whether it's an HVAC or a bathroom or a kitchen or.
Speaker 2: A good idea.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, just google costs versus Value.
Speaker 2: No matter what it has to do with your house, like pay correct.
Speaker 17: Correct, And not only does it tell you what the average project is costing, it also is giving you an evaluation of how much added value that project's going to add to the value of your home. How do people get a hold of that online? It's just google it. You can just google Cost versus Value twenty twenty four and it's designed for homeowners.
Speaker 2: So you can say, okay, if I jump twenty thousand into a bathroom or five into a bathroom, whatever it is, right, what value does that add to my house?
Speaker 17: Approximately seventy three percent is what a bathroom conversion right now is giving. So if you supect them. But that's what that that'll do. That site it tells you that. Yeah, it'll tell you. It lists all of those different products and services.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 17: So but yeah, projects today can be anywhere. I mean, you know, we see a shower can be as low as you know, ten to fourteen thousand and as high as thirty to forty thousand.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, you put it.
Speaker 2: You put a steam shower in, you put in. You know, the fixtures are insanely expensive these days.
Speaker 18: Good quality products.
Speaker 2: They are, yeah, good quality, but even at a wholesale price, it's still astonishing how much a good rain shower is. Oh, I mean, it truly is astonishing.
Speaker 18: One hundred percent. Yeah.
Speaker 17: There, and there is a there is definitely a distinction between what you buy at a home depot, you know, product versus a contractor great materials. There's an incredible distinction in the quality and the makeup and the way that they're designed, the way that they're going to last, the finish everything. It pays to buy a contractor greater material It just made.
Speaker 2: Me think of something I heard. The Trump administration got rid of these low flow regulations that have they already has it already flowed down to like home depot? Can someone go get a normal showerhead? Now, that's a good question. I don't know.
Speaker 18: You know that is a good question.
Speaker 17: I can tell you right now that everything we buy has to go through EPA standards.
Speaker 18: Yeah, so the manufacturers, I.
Speaker 2: Think they changed a lot of that. I think literally he did an executive order or whatever it looks like, and now you can buy I guess high flow right, I mean Matre, does that sound right?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I think this he made showers great again about I said about four weeks ago or so, and I doubt that those changes have made their way through the supply line. So it takes forever to get stuff from China, and now they have to respect it.
Speaker 2: That's what I was rocket.
Speaker 9: They got to retool the whole s Yeah, and then they have to sell out all the crummy shower heads where you have to stand there for fifteen minutes before you get your hair wet.
Speaker 2: I still have soap in my hair.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So on those same lines, Nick, since you're doing these bathrooms, is there a way if you have a low flow right shower head, how do you. There must be a way too, now that it's legal, manipulate to modify it and do a regular shower head. You know what's crazy?
Speaker 17: I had, I had a customer they taught me this, but they would actually went onto Amazon, and Amazon will sell everything, right, so yeah they don't care.
Speaker 18: Yeah, they don't care at Allso.
Speaker 2: Amazon will sell you crack if they could. Yeah, I mean it's every it's crazy.
Speaker 18: It's all in the packaging.
Speaker 17: But yeah, no you could. So you can find stuff that kind of gets you what you want, you know, on places like that.
Speaker 2: Just go look for it. Yeah yeah, and what is it?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what does it?
Speaker 16: Is? It like?
Speaker 2: Just so you would think you could even if you wanted to tap it out, drill it out, remove it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've done that before with bathroom fixtures they have they have the little restrict the tiny hole, and I just was shove a nail or something there to make the whole better and boom, I get proper water.
Speaker 2: So you've got an American standard shirt on American standard shower systems. So are you guys like a main reseller of them, because that's a big brand to represent, So good question. The wall products that we carry. They are not they're not American Standard. We well, American Standard, just those fixtures, right.
Speaker 17: Well, no, there was there was a moment in time when they were doing shower systems and we were.
Speaker 2: The dealer for Colorado. They killed the program. Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 17: And and yeah, it was It was actually a wonderful thing for us because it allowed us to go ahead and really focus in on porcelain. And you know, you know, it's a it's a product that that very few people can sell because of because of you have to have certain equipment to build and install it.
Speaker 18: That's the first thing.
Speaker 2: But it's really heavy.
Speaker 18: Oh it's it's just yeah, it's just stunning.
Speaker 17: But but the but the but the thing about the American Standard, we still carry and install their plumbing fixtures.
Speaker 18: We are a certified partner with American Standard.
Speaker 17: We will install other products, colar products, things of that nature, but.
Speaker 2: Those are really the only two that we coler in America. Yeah, we trust them, Yeah, we trust that the you know, and and and do you notice any difference. I mean, I'm sure they both have different levels of product. Do you have personally a favorite or it just really depends on a look of it.
Speaker 17: Well, I will tell you that in my own home, I I replaced every fixture, and every fixture was was coler and and I did that because of a specific finish that we liked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot, I think of it.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so it the design, Yeah, the design was was the was the feature and so but you know, I think you can you can find a lot of good products in all lines. I don't think anybody's actually making intentionally making uh, low quality products.
Speaker 18: I think sometimes it just happens by default.
Speaker 2: What do you see is real popular now? Like at one point vessel sinks, he's above ground, it would just sit on the granite. I've seen some of them. I thought they're beautiful.
Speaker 18: Yeah I don't.
Speaker 2: I didn't do one, but I've seen them.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 17: My wife and I we actually put them in most of our bathrooms. We put them in in a in a vessels. They're really nice there. It was she, she was the one who picked out them, and they really do look nice. You can find nice vessels, you know under mountain bowls are where it's at though, I mean.
Speaker 18: Just yeah, just you know, it's tried and true.
Speaker 2: About pedestal sinks.
Speaker 18: I haven't done one in a long time.
Speaker 2: Really, I guess for a half bath, it's probably where they be at. But yeah, you're right, in a master or even like I call it the kids bathroom or whatever.
Speaker 17: Jack and jail. Yeah, yeah, it's just not common. I mean, but you know what, we're finding more and more people are looking. They want storage in the bathrooms. They want storage in the showers. They want that spawl like setting, whether it's the shower, whether it's uh, you know, the shower head, the mist sprays. There's a toilet, Yeah, fancy toilet. I mean, there's there's so many things that you can do in a bathroom.
Speaker 2: You know, people don't they think of a boudet. But these toilets now do just more than the cleansing. Oh yeah, I mean, I'll tell you the best part about it, honestly, fans what Yeah, well that is a fan I forgot about that. That's a good one. But the other one is the heatd toilet heat seat. The heated seat is ridiculous. I'll hold out until they make the massaging seat the massage toilet. I would assume that. I bet Toto makes one. That's a hell of a brand, isn't it.
Speaker 18: They have a great product.
Speaker 2: You know what's weird, though, I've seen totos that look like regular commodes, I mean, just like anything American or color anybody would make, but they seem to be two or three times in price.
Speaker 17: They're not that much more, I mean realistic whenever you're stepping into those, I mean there are some some of the colar, some of the color bedatoilets can be you know, upwards of twelve thirteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh that's insane. Yeah, thirty yeah, thirteenth thirteen thousand. Yeah, that's crazy the new me. Then you buy a squatty potty for forty nine dollars a piece of plastic can cap it off. All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five Hold tight, we'll be right back.
Speaker 13: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contents. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 2: Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 2: Two all right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino. I was talking to Nick Fox. He's got a great special he's going to be given to but we were talking during the break. I told him I'm on the shot. Try Zeppatide. If you listen to the show, I go through Denver region and to give you an idea, Nick, it's like three hundred bucks a month. They got a deal right now, it's one hundred and fifty off the first month. But it's really incredible. I hit like a wall at thirty pounds. The first thirty pounds came off quick, and then I was like, what's going on? Then all sudden, in the past two weeks, I started losing weight again. So now I'm like thirty five thirty six pounds. I got four or five more to go, and that's where I am and then I'll get off the shut. But it's remarkable when you hit that wall because I'm still barely eating any calorie, so I'm going, what's happening? It's almost like the original five or ten pounds. I assumes like waterweight. I mean, like really it's the easy weight to drop. And then after that, I don't know if some fat dock. Is this possible that some fat burns quicker than other fats? Is there more dense fat? Does that make sense?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure, Mark, I don't know the answer.
Speaker 2: See something changes, but then I got through that wall. Well, the other thing that possibly changed is I went to Nashville right with fourteen people and we partied hard. I probably the beer. The beer does not help the calorie line whatsoever. And I like those IPAs which are like, yeah, you know, two hundred calories. So honestly that might have been part of that brick I had. But now it's all coming off again.
Speaker 18: Good for you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll tell you something, And this is for everybody out there. You meet somebody haven't seen for six seven months. Maybe you're at a restaurant. You look up, hey Tony, what's going on? Oh man, you lost weight and Tony's dropped like forty pounds. You haven't seen him for a year. What have you been doing? He goes, Oh, diet next size. You're like, you lying sick there is no way you drop fifty pounds in six seven months. I don't care who you are. I've known your fat ass fifteen years, and all of a sudden you dropped it. No no, no, no, no, no, no, no. We've all been there. Have you been there yet? You see someone that's drapped a lot of weight and you know they're lying or they're not telling.
Speaker 18: Yeah, of course, yeah, of course. Yeah. I mean most people are pretty transparent at this point with.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, it's not a stigma anyhow.
Speaker 18: Yeah, everybody, you know, I mean, people are like.
Speaker 2: Hey, my accountant the other day said, before I said I got to reschedule, I was going to go in the other day. So I just stopped in the office and I said, Betty, I'm going to reschedule. Susan's got to go out of town real quick. She's got something, so maybe we'll come in Saturday. When she gets back, she goes, you've lost a lot of weight, and I'm behind her monitors so she can't even really see me. And then she goes in your face, meaning I lost a lot of weight in my face, and I say it proudly. I'm like, yeah, I'm on the stick man I'm sticking myself each week, so I don't care.
Speaker 18: Right a passage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tony, what's going on with you?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 2: Hi there, Hey, Tony.
Speaker 20: I think on the Ford transmission issue. We ran into an issue like that.
Speaker 2: Oh so this is a Ford hold on. I got to recap. A lot of people have no idea what you're talking about, so we had to call her the first hour. Calls in. He bought a twenty eighteen Ford f one point fifty. It had a ten speed transmission. He bought it from Len Lyle's Chevy, I believe, and at the very beginning, like soon as he drove it off for the next day, the transmission's acting like crazy. It's not shifting, is shifting hard. It's just doing everything wrong. He brings it back. It's been four months. They put a rebuilt transmission in it, they've tried to fix it five times, and it still has the same problem. Go ahead, Tony, Well.
Speaker 20: We ran into this by accident. And what it is on these high mileage vehicles. If there's any type of fluids leaking and it gets onto the wiring harness and the plug that goes into the transmission, it will screw up the communication between the transmission and the computer. All we had to do was clean the harness and the plug and blow and behold everything worked right, Tony, that this guy's problem or not. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That sounds so feasible. It's crazy because the way they described how intermittent it was was insane. That would be very cool. Is it easy to see if it's up on a lift, if there actually is something leaking around there, or is it like buried in the engine compartment or what.
Speaker 20: Well, it was on a side, the one that we saw, and it had an oil leak out of the valve covered gas good and it was kind of settling right there. And with all the dirt and moisture and everything driving around, it screwed it up. And you know you got to really clean them up well, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it, it'll just come back, all right, Hey, Tony, I appreciate that. In fact, we'll possibly be talking to him again tomorrow because I think Jeff fixing the marrow. Let's take a quick break when we come back. We have got a deal for you from renew Home Innovations. I'm a little shocked, Nick, you're doing it. It's a you know, a lot of times a company might say, oh, five percent off this, or ten percent off or free estimate whatever. This deal is pretty ridiculous. In fact, I'm not so sure how you guys can afford to do it. It's magnificent.
Speaker 13: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 13: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 13: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We're gonna put Nick Fox on the line. I can't believe he's doing this. Renew Home Innovations, by the way, renew Home Innovations dot com. And I'll give the phone number in the info out. But check out what he's gonna do. And I'm not kidding if you watch this on YouTube, I said during break I said, Nick, do you have any specials that we can do for the listeners on a new bathroom? And he said, well, hold on, I got to check with the boss. Yes, And you went and called your wife. Yes, and you guys were out there and you came back in and you said, man, I got something that's crazy, and you're not kidding. Check this out. I'll let you give the details, but it's nuts. You have them out and you get your bathroom done. Let's say it's your master bathroom. Whatever you want. They'll talk to you about steam showers, basic showers, pretty whatever level you want. Is what I love about renew Home Innovations. If you're thinking of selling the house, they're going to have something for you. If this is your dream house and you want the full Monty, you know, the steam shower, the fancy toilet, everything, they can do it, and you can do everything in between. They can talk solid walls, which I've seen their systems absolutely gorgeous, porcelain gorgeous. You have to look at their work. In fact, first thing I would do is go look at all their jobs at renew home Innovations dot com. Over ten thousand jobs. I've seen these guys on Fox thirty one on the news and stuff in a good way. They're good people, really good way. Now you have that bathroom done, and I guess it really doesn't matter what level, right, because you're gonna do another bathroom, the shower in another bathroom for free.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 17: So you if a consumer purchases a full complete bathroom model, we're gonna do another shower on our nickel.
Speaker 2: No, what I'm okay with. You come out and basically you do the master bedroom right or the bathroom, and then say upstairs, the kids room has a tub that used to that's a tub shower, where as Tom would call it a shoub. The shub, you're you're gonna redo that. You're gonna put in a shower or do whatever. Yeah, and we'll call those wet space. So you know, purchase a full bathroom model and we're gonna give a free wet space shower or bath whichever, you can give it a shower. Here's what I don't get forget about to full remodel in the second one, the free one. Just a shower, just a good conversion that can easily be ten grand. So basically you're saying you're giving, you're giving someone ten grand.
Speaker 18: On the very low end. That's what it is. Yes, that's correct on the very low end.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 2: And once again, what I love about it is if you do that master, and I want to clarify this because this steals crazy. You do that master bathroom and they're doing a I don't want to say builder grade, but something, you know, something updated but not top of the line. They're still going to get that that other wet space or that shower done correct. Same. Yeah, And if they do something very high line right, then you're going to do the same for that shower in there right. In other words, quality for quality hundred percent.
Speaker 18: Now I mean everything. I don't sell no junk.
Speaker 2: No you don't because you sit there and you back your product. You've been doing this. You already told us tw twenty five plus years, No, thirty five years, renew home Innovations, you got to mention that special. But if you've been thinking about it, do it now. There's no joke. That's the real deal. That's a huge savings three oh three nine oh four two thousand, three oh three nine zero four two thousand. Renew home Innovations dot com owner's name is Nick give McCall. Get that setup free estimates. We'll see you tomorrow.