Speaker 1: Today, we have two cold cases that may be short on details, but both leave us with plenty of questions. In the first case, during a routine patrol, a sheriff's deputy this is a woman camp between Highway ninety six and the Klamath River. He stopped just to verify everything was okay, and the woman confirmed she was fine. The following day she would be gone, and there hasn't been any information since. In the second, a drive around the lake seemed innocent enough, but many people believe this drive ended in murder, but without any evidence, this case, too remains open. I'm Danielle, I'm Megan, and this is off the trails.
Speaker 2: Did you mean to say Klamath River?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 1: I was also just about to say the half the things I said are not the things I wrote.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so we're off to a good start. Friends, all right.
Speaker 1: The only business is if you guys like the show or I guess even if you don't, we'd love for you to leave us a rating or a review.
Speaker 2: Wherever you get your podcasts, Yeah, please do, especially on Spotify where we can respond to them. Is always nice. But if you listen on Apple, of course, do it there. If you don't mind. Apple can be brutal those reviews, and there's nothing we can All we can do is just helplessly look at them with everyone. We can't even engage.
Speaker 1: All right, So, like I mentioned, both of these stories are kind of scant on details, which is a bummer. But I think that these cases are still worth sharing because they are still open cases, and just because all of the information is not available or public, or there may just not be the information, we still like to share this. On February twenty eighth, twenty fourteen, twenty seven year old Grace Sabo was the woman at the campsite. She was along the skihan Bar River access and that is a free Forest Service camp area along the river and that's along Highway six ninety six in Siskiyou County, California. The area includes a good size like wooded area, has picnics, and several unmarked campsites.
Speaker 3: So very basic.
Speaker 1: From what I read, this would make a good pit stop location.
Speaker 4: What are you smiling at because he just said it has picnics. It has picnics, okay, offers picnics. I imagine it's tables.
Speaker 2: But I like the idea of a campground just saying, come one, come all, to our picnics.
Speaker 1: I would be more apt to go to a campground that has pre made picnics, to be honest, but yes, you're right, picnic tables. This is more of a pit stop destination than a destination itself, because there's no potable water, there's no showers, there's no trash cans, so pretty basic. I did see that there are porta potties seasonally, so kind of just a side of the road pull off. I think a lot of people stay here because it has good access to the river and it's a good launch point for people who are rafting or kayaking things of that nature. So it's really just hey, we're getting out on the river tomorrow, let's get out early.
Speaker 3: You'll stay here the night and move on.
Speaker 1: When the sheriff's deputy first encountered Grace, she was at a campsite alone, but she indicated she didn't need any help, that thing was wrong, And what I don't know is what prompted the deputy to check in with her originally. Since this is a known camping area, it's not like she was camped out somewhere like a rest stop or just this side of the highway. This is somewhere where people frequently camp it. I don't know if because of the time of the year typically people are not camping there. Obviously we're in almost March, very end of February, so this time of year, average temps are like forty four degrees, so not ideal camping whether for most people at least as cold it is. Some sources indicate that after they had that interaction, the deputy planned to go back and check on her on Saturday, which would have been the following day.
Speaker 3: There were sources.
Speaker 1: That mentioned an abandoned vehicle which belonged to Grace. None of the sources said if the car was in a weird spot which caught the deputy's eye, or if it was just park next to wherever she was set up. There weren't a lot of details on what made this vehicle abandoned since its owner and driver were nearby. To me, that's not abandoned, that's just parked. Yeah, I feel like there had to be more to that setup, but it was not available information.
Speaker 3: The following day, which was March.
Speaker 1: First, just after eight point thirty in the morning, that same deputy drove by and noticed Grace's car was still there, but this time he didn't see her around. According to a Facebook post from the Sheriff's Department, the deputy conducted a welfare check but could not locate Missabo. A search of the immediate area led to the deputy to believe that Missabo was endangered or injured. Whatever the deputy saw that felt that he felt indicated Grace was injured or in danger was not specified in this post or any subsequent articles or posts that I could find at all interesting.
Speaker 2: I wonder why they wouldn't share, even just like a vague detail about it.
Speaker 1: Right there were sources that said there were fresh footprints seen heading down to the river, but none returning, But that sounded like a separate discovery than whatever this officer originally saw that gave him concern. A more extensive search got underway pretty quickly. Search crews combed miles of river bank and the surrounding land. Boats equipped with underwater cameras were deployed on the river, and California Highway Patrol did several flyovers. Ground teams and patrol vehicles were stationed at different river access points down river. Unfortunately, within the first couple of days of the search. There was some I was gonna say, like negative weather, but negative in the respect of trying to be outside searching.
Speaker 2: But rain is not a negative situation overall. Negative weather just not conducive to search efforts.
Speaker 1: Right because I actually love cloudy, rainy days, so that's a positive for me, but not if I were attempting to locate someone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so all that.
Speaker 1: Rain just made the river choppy and the conditions grounded helicopters. Grazel was originally from Oakland, California, but she had been living in Portland, Oregon for at least the previous several years. She had a house there, she had a roommate, she owned her own cleaning business, so she was very well established in Portland. But what she was doing camped out along the river is a question we don't know the answer to.
Speaker 2: Investigated family or friends who spoke on any of this.
Speaker 1: So I thought it was odd that there wasn't a lot of statements, or really any statements from her family or friends. There was one article that in the Google preview was like, oh, her parents and boyfriend. So I went to check that article and the link was actually broken, like it did not work. So that was the only reference to any family or friends that I found in any article I looked at. There's not really a lot of coverage of this case, so I feel like I looked at pretty much every article that is available on the internet and attempted to view some that were no longer available. But from that article, it sounds like her parents did come down to present for search, and it sounds like she did have a boyfriend, but.
Speaker 3: There was no.
Speaker 1: Information on why they thought that she was in the area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because especially if she owned that business. I don't know if it was just just her and it was her business, or if she had employees, but if there was anyone who could speak to her recent behavior leading up to this camping trip, like if it seemed like she was in a weird headspace or if everything seemed normal, Is this something that she would do that she had done previously where she just liked to disconnect for a little bit, go to a quieter campground. You know, some people want those more private kind of camping experiences as opposed to going to a more well known or populated campground, even if it has better amenities there.
Speaker 1: Right, I just found it interesting, you know, because there are plenty of cases we've covered, and plenty of people we know in person who live alone and they aren't detailing their every day move They're not giving itinerary of what they're doing for the weekend or the day. And that's fine, but typically if you live with someone, whether it's a roommate or a friend or family, I think most people are saying to some extent, even if not giving a lot of detail, like Hey, I'm doing XYZ this weekend, I'll be back on Monday or Sunday or whatever it.
Speaker 2: May be, especially like if you have a boyfriend. I mean, everyone's relationship dynamics are different, but I think if you're dating someone, you typically kind of give at least a surface level idea of what your plans are for the weekend, but we don't know like how serious or casual they were, or Yeah, it's so hard when you don't know her relationship with the people around her.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: And the other thing is it was said she was camped out, but there was no reference to having a campfire, a setup, or a tent or any true equipment for intended camping. So I also wonder if that's partly why this sheriff's officer was concerned because maybe she was you know, they say camped out, but not in the I'm intending to camp here. It's more I'm situated here.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the phrasing, And because it's at a campground, you're like, okay, well, obviously she's intending to camp there. But there was no reference to anything pertaining to camping, and everything just referenced her vehicle. So I'm wondering if maybe it wasn't a true camping setup, and that's what caused this officer to check it in the first place and then kind of want to follow up with her, just make sure things were okay, because I wondered, was there's something wrong with her vehicle? Had her car broken down and she was just kind of hanging out here until she could either get it towed or figure out what she was going to do. But there was no reference to the vehicle being disabled or anything wrong with it, so we don't know for sure. Yeah, investigators said there was no evidence to suggest that Grace had been abducted or that she had been the victim of foul play, So I'm assuming that leaves either she went into the water intentionally or there was an accident. There wasn't any statements that I saw that indicated that they felt strongly that this was an accident or that this was intentional, just that there was no evidence that there was a third party involved.
Speaker 3: Which in situations where there is no.
Speaker 1: Evidence saying there was no evidence that there was spouel play, doesn't they rule out a whole lot to me, Yeah, there's no evidence tells you we have no direction to look in. It's just most scenarios are still on the table. For this next case, we're staying in Sisko County, California, But going back to two thousand and two, and I think we've covered several cases or incidents that have taken place in this particular county in California, and.
Speaker 3: We will probably cover more cases in this area.
Speaker 1: I think partly because the county sheriffs have a really detailed cold case website. You know, typically states, a lot of states I've seen have their own cold case website or listing or portion of their state police departments website. But this one is at the county level, and it's pretty extensive, so compared to other Like, I don't want to say one stop shop. But sites that have these cases compiled, this one is pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's helpful when they're able to have all of that information consolidated, But it's also something that they see a lot more than perhaps other places throughout the country, right.
Speaker 1: Because I think I want to say, there's thirty six cold cases listed on that site.
Speaker 3: That's just a number I'm pulling out of my head.
Speaker 1: But from other states sites I've looked at, some states have that many alone. Obviously, the population and visitors to this county is much higher than a lot of other places. So oh, it's worth compiling everything and having it together.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Angela fulmer or Angie to everyone who knew and loved her. In two thousand and two, she was thirty four years old and a mother of five. So in December fifteenth, she was out for a drive after a party with a man named Thomas. Some sources called him a friend, other sources called him her ex boyfriend. Others referred to him as a current boyfriend. Immediately, I have suspicions about this relationship that nobody seems to classify or everyone classifies it, but it's all very different, yep, And it may have been one of those relationships that were complicated.
Speaker 3: Maybe they were.
Speaker 1: On and off, maybe they had dated and then they stayed friends. I don't know, but just where every source referred to them as some other connection, I'm like, this is already kind of messy.
Speaker 2: I think we most of us, if not all of us, can say that we've been in one of those situations though with someone at some point in our lives, where the dynamic is a bit ambiguous. So the perception of your relationship to them is it varies person to person or depending on how you know. Your best friend knows more than your co workers, so they would describe this person a little differently.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: But I also think in those situations, I think most of us probably look back and say, huh, I should have cut ties with that person.
Speaker 3: Way long ago.
Speaker 1: I don't think when it's these messy situations that in ten years you look back, you're like, Wow, I'm so glad we stuck it out through that weird period and now we're married and happy and we're going to be together forever. Usually that's not what happens in those hard to define relationships. But hey, if you had a it's complicated. Facebook status with your partner and you are now happy and married and let us live in your best life.
Speaker 3: Yes, please do.
Speaker 2: The fact that Facebook even had the option to like, the boldness of just telling the world that your relationship status is complicated is wild, Like, that's something that can just be your private It really can be information. But to just be like, you know what, guys, hello world, even and I are complicated right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, That's what I always find hilarious. Not only can you just say like, hey, my relationship is complicated, just putting it out there that your situation is unique or nuanced or uncommon, but then to have the ability to be like, oh, yeah, no, I'm tagging this other person. We are committing to this complicated, unconventional situation that people are gonna.
Speaker 2: Be like, Okay, but why I was gonna say, I think now nowadays, uh, it is just a situationship. But if you think that I am broadcasting that to the world, No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I feel like, even like putting that digital connection, I don't know, maybe before you do that, I think you need to maybe have a conversation with the other person and be like, hey, can we like define some things in this relationship.
Speaker 2: Before you start on Facebook. We're complicated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my grandma needs to know if this is a complicated situation.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy.
Speaker 1: But you know what, in the in the world we live in, this is one of the less crazy things out there, that's true. So all right, back on track. I'm like, what is happening here now? In a local like, where are my words today? They're not in attendance. In a local news source, her family said that Angie and her current boyfriend had gotten into an argument and that's when she went for a drive with Thomas. So I think this definitely qualifies as an it's complicated situation. So I'm going to take what her family has over some of these other publications. So it sounds like they did not indicate whether Thomas was just a friend or if they had dated previously. But it sounds like she was in a current relationship with someone else and then after an argument with that person, she went.
Speaker 3: For a drive with Thomas.
Speaker 2: Maybe if she was on Facebook, she'd tagged them both in the complicated relationship status.
Speaker 1: I think I don't know if Facebook allows it, but I feel like they really should. If you're putting out it's complicated, they should also be able to tag multiple people, like, why are we excluding polyamorous people who want to commit on Facebook without committing to one person. Maybe they're dating three or four people and they would like their Facebook.
Speaker 3: Community to know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe I want everyone to know of who all the parties are in my love triangle.
Speaker 1: I mean, as an Internet stalker, Yeah, I would love for you to tag the multiple people that you're seeing so I can go see what they're about. But you know, so Facebook meta h consider it. According to Thomas, they had been drinking and partying most of the weekend. So again, and it's really not clear. Were they all at this party and she had an argument with the boyfriend there and she left the Thomas where they at a party and they got into an argument over the phone.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Again, this is another case it's kind.
Speaker 1: Of short on details, but then it kind of makes you spiral into some of these detail related questions. So they've been partying us the weekend and after this argument she had this other guy, they opted to go for a drive.
Speaker 3: Around the lake.
Speaker 1: Personally, when I read that, I was like, M, I think after you've been drinking all weekend, just staying home and rehydrating would be a better idea, but nobody asked for my opinion. Lake Siska Yu is a reservoir in the Shasta Trinity National Forest. This is just a few miles from the town of Mount Shasta, so the mountain itself is the backdrop to this lake. Photos are beautiful, spooky town. Yes, the lake in the summer is very busy. People are camping, people are out on the water, But this is December, so it's an entirely different scene.
Speaker 3: There's probably very few people.
Speaker 1: Snow and fog and white out conditions are not uncommon this time of year here, and you get the right snow or the right fog and you can't see beyond the first couple of trees along the side of the road or on the trail. At some point, Angie and Thomas got into an argument, apparently over mud in his truck. Mm hmm, that's kind of how I felt, too, Like did.
Speaker 3: You bring a bucket of mud in the vehicle?
Speaker 1: Or is this just like, Hey, I got into your truck and it's wet outside, but I guess that's here in Nord there. So due to this argument, she got out of the car and then she supposedly walked off towards the trees heading south down the road, and this was the last time she was reported seeing. Tama said that he was then cleaning out his car. I don't know if this was the mud in question, or if he's doing some other cleaning. I don't know, but he said he heard a car door slam a short time after she had gotten out of the car, and he said he figured that she must have just caught a ride with someone else, so he ended up leaving too.
Speaker 2: M he knows she got a ride with someone else, or he thinks she did.
Speaker 3: He heard a car door slam.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he just assumed she's good.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a stretch. Would you just hear a car door slam? Somebody could have pulled over and been car sick.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's weird because he obviously didn't see it. He heard a car door so he doesn't even know if it had anything to do with her. And honestly, this was two thousand and two. You said, we can assume that she didn't call someone and have a friend or an uber come pick her up, you know, so it's not like, Okay, she must have called and or texted someone she's good. Two thousand and two is not those times. So if there was a car door and it did have to do with her, that may have been a it's still a stranger exactly, some sort of opportunistic situation that may not have been in her favor.
Speaker 1: Right, because even if she had a phone and texted somebody, hey, come get me, the time frame that he puts out there wouldn't make sense for someone to have, of right already been there to pick her up. It's not like it sounds like it was a short time after she got out of the vehicle. My guess is the way he presented it was she got out of the car, walked off, angry, he got out, was doing whatever cleaning in his.
Speaker 3: Car, and perhaps he was.
Speaker 1: Kind of expecting her to cool off after a couple of minutes and come back. And that's potentially also why he was still hanging around waiting, which makes sense because if you go anywhere with somebody, to me, the expectation is you are returning to your point of origin with them. So if that's the expectation that he wants to put out there, then it was a very short amount of time between her walking off and when he heard this car door posed, car door slam. I think a vehicle door shutting is a pretty recognizable sound, but I think it could also be anything else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Eight hours after he had seen her, he did report her messing.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Search teams went out, thinking, all right, she is probably still out there, probably around the lake, just maybe wandering around a bit, just along the side of the road, not really knowing what direction it had in, or maybe she's it's in the middle of the night. It's probably pretty cold. So they did get out there pretty quickly, but unfortunately whiteout conditions came in and that hampered search efforts and unfortunately buried any evidence that might have been out there. I think we already agree that thing about her disappearance points to this being intentional on her part. She was parenting five girls. I think their ages were between seventeen and five, so maybe it was intentional.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, that sounds like hell.
Speaker 1: I know, but she had already bought and wrapped Christmas presents, and there was no bank activity after December fifteenth, So.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you have five kids and you've already bought Christmas presents, there's probably no money in your bank anyway, no activity be had. But in all seriousness, there was nothing that indicated that this was intentional or pre planned by Angie. Not long before her disappearance, she had told her mother that if anything happened to her, so please take care of her kids. I agree that timing is eerie, but I don't think it applies that she felt that she was in danger or that she was planning to disappear. I think if you are a single parent to any number of children, let alone five, you probably would think, at least time to time, even if you're not an anxiety riddled person, about what would happen if something happened to me. I would think that it would come across your mind that you would want reassurance that somebody would step.
Speaker 3: In without question and take over for you.
Speaker 1: So that comment I don't find suspicious, but I do find everything else about Thomas's story suspicious. In two thousand and three, a man walking his dog found human bone fragments in that national forest, not too far from where Angie was last seen. And when that was found, investigators were pretty confident that it was Angie, but they were wrong. Testing came back that what this man had found was actually cremated remains that had been scattered, So we're.
Speaker 2: Not very well cremated if.
Speaker 1: Well, because I'm the person I am, I know that there typically are larger fragments in cremated remains.
Speaker 3: It's not all dusty.
Speaker 1: It's not like beach it's not like beach sand as I think you kind of visualize that kind of texture or just very fine dusty, uh substance.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I would just think they'd have to be intact enough for them to stand out as skeletal remains, because if you just see like a random little bone, you don't jump to like this is human, Like you're like, oh, this is a little woodland creature and this is a normal setting for that. So it had to have raised his suspicions enough to be like this is odd, right.
Speaker 1: And from my Internet based knowledge, most crematoriums they do grind down or smash down any larger pieces. So the intention is you're not getting large chunks of remains within those ashes. But maybe there was something that was a little bit on the bigger side. My thought is because like to your point, like even if you see like a small fragment of something, you're not assuming it's human. But I'm wondering if scattering was maybe not the right phrasing, like did somebody just go out to the woods and dump the urn? As opposed to I don't know scatter. I feel like you're dispersing it, but I'm wondering if it was not dispersed, and it's kind of just like a dump situation, and that would obviously catch somebody's eye. I think if you saw a pile of ashes, yes, that would certainly raise a flag. Yeah, so that's my guess as to what tipped this person off, but again we don't know for sure. Both the sheriff Department, Sheriff's Department, and her family believe that Angie is dead and she was lightly killed the day she disappeared. Everyone is also on the same page that at the very least Thomas knows more than he has shared. He's certainly a person of interest on investigator's radar, but there just wasn't any evidence that they could classify him as a suspect. And there is still an active Facebook page maintained I believe by her sister looking for answers.
Speaker 3: I think the general.
Speaker 1: Agreement among any commenters on that page is that Thomas perpetrated some kind of crime and not only does he know more, but he is likely responsible for and She's death.
Speaker 5: So there has been no arrests, that he was obviously questioned extensively, but there just was not enough information for them to.
Speaker 1: Legally classify him as a suspect, which is which is why I did not include his last name. Like, if you want to get his last name, you can very easily get it. But in this situation where police have not been able to.
Speaker 3: Be more definitive about his connection.
Speaker 1: To this case, I don't know. I just I felt weird. Not that I'm trying to I don't know. I mean, I definitely think he's involved, So.
Speaker 2: I don't think but I get it though, Like, all right, you have his first name. If you're that curious, google the case and you can find out exactly who he is. But I think it's tricky because as much as it seems like he definitely had something to do with whatever happened, there has not been enough evidence to fully support his involvement or any foul play, and so it's unfair two point fingers in that sense exactly.
Speaker 1: Although decades have passed and their cases may now be cold. Grace and Angie have not the forgotten. The families of both these women deserve closure, and in at least Angie's case, her loved ones believe that someone needs to be held accountable. So, after all this time, I don't know if we will see resolution to either of these cases, but I do hope for the legacy of these women and their families. I hope something is found and there's some type of closure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I didn't want to like derail too much until we got to the end. But does anybody else have a strange fear of being wrongly accused.
Speaker 3: Of a crime? Or is that just me?
Speaker 2: I mean it's I've had, like, you know, hypothetical scenarios run through my head at random times, excuse me, And one of them is like, what if I just like got arrested for something that I had nothing to do with and then like it's my word against whatever evidence or I mean, I don't know what evidence they would have because I didn't I wasn't involved, but they did arrest me for some reason, So like what do they have on me? And how do I get myself out of this? And then I'm like do I just like, then you're going through like the courts, the police interviews, jail, and you're like, I, this wasn't me.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I was thinking about that scenario, like over the weekend. I think probably I was listening to an episode of like forty eight Hours, But I don't know. I just sometimes I just think about that, especially like when you texted me. Was it Monday or Tuesday? Maybe Tuesday? You texted me like, hey, just checking in. I haven't heard from you in a couple of days, which is unusual. But also then I was like, oh my god, this is what happens when someone's accused of something and investigators You're like, okay, well, can anyone vouch for your whereabouts the last forty eight hours? And I thought to myself, no, you you barely talk to anybody all weekend. Nobody knows where you were. Nobody can confirm what you were doing this weekend. You were just home in your card hanging out.
Speaker 2: You're like, but there's no one there who can like corroborate that, right, right. So I mean, I will say last month, it was not a situation that I would have thought i'd find myself in but I had been Oh my goodness, I had been talking to someone and then I hadn't heard from them for a couple of days, and I was like, oh, this is odd, Like what is going on?
Speaker 1: You were like, you were like, hey, I was trying to reach this person, so I can mark our status as it's complicated, and I couldn't get a hold of.
Speaker 2: Them, which is making it feel much more complicated, you know. So I hadn't heard from them, and I'm like, this is like, this is weird. So I was on a trip at the time, and so I texted my girlfriend Stephanie, and I said, hey, like, I don't know, this just like feels weird. And she's say, ah, yeah, he's in jail. It's like, oh, I guess that explains it. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so you never really know, So check in on your people because it could just be a couple of days, but who knows what they've been up to. You know, they could be gardening, they could be getting arrested. Yes, just do a little welfare check on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just check in on people.
Speaker 2: Because now if you get arrested for something that happened over the weekend. I can't say that you didn't do it, that's true. I can't vouch for you as much as I want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, now we just like start taking screenshots of each other's locations, just randomly, just be like, oh yeah, yeah. If anyone asks me next week where d'anielle was at seven pm on Thursday, screenshot, I know where she was.
Speaker 2: You just have a whole file and you bring it to the police station. They're like, ma'am, we can just look this up with the phone company. And it's like, okay, well, I'm saving you that step. You could here's thousands of screenshots.
Speaker 3: And they're like, ma'am, are you a stoker?
Speaker 1: And the answer you would probably say like no, she probably has one hundreds of screenshots off by location too.
Speaker 3: That's what friends do for each other, That's.
Speaker 2: What we do. And they're like okay, uh yeah, so just yeah, has anyone else thought that they were going to be yeah, just accused of a crime.
Speaker 1: And then I think what prompts me to think about this is when you have long hair, as you know, I'm sure, uh, it tends to get everywhere.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so annoying.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, what if somehow somebody gets strands of my hair and it gets deposited at a crime scene.
Speaker 3: Do the police have my DNA? No, but I don't know. In these made up scenarios, those details don't matter.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I guess like they'd have, they'd have to match it to you and they can't. Right, But there you go.
Speaker 3: You can go commit crimes then, so let us.
Speaker 1: Know if you have irrational, uh, ridiculous scenarios that you work through, leave us a radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that just like made me think. So this is this is like one of those like controversial topics of like what the government has on everyone and what they don't have. We've all seen true crime documentaries. We've all watched stuff or red stuff or listen to stuff, and they're like, and we as the intended audience, know who the perpetrator is, but investigators can't link them to the crime because they're like, well, if he was in the system, we could, but he's not in the system, so we can't. And so the question being should everyone just be in the system. But then that becomes a very much like I don't want to be in anyone's system. I don't even want to be in the DMV system, let alone the government having my DNA. But in those cases, you're just like, this, would they'd be able to solve this if they just had that. And because he's never been in the system before, he's never gotten in trouble before and never been booked before, he is just run and loose or she, and then they can't ever link that person to the crime, and it's just it's unsolved, even though everyone can kind of assume like sometimes who's involved, sometimes they can't. But if they were able to identify this person, they would be able to close that loop.
Speaker 1: I think like a good example of that is there's like a string of crimes committed, they're not linked necessarily in any way, and then twenty years later, someone gets arrested for something they're info is entering into the system and they're like, wow, you were connected to thirteen assaults.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, and then it just comes full circle and they're able to actually get some closure for some of these cold cases. So moral of the story, everyone out there, go get yourself arrested, and we'll all be able to clear our names from any previous charge crimes. Yeah, we can't help you with what you got arrested before. But at least you'll be in the system.
Speaker 1: At least that will show that I didn't do it, so you know, yeah, yeah, clear your names.
Speaker 3: M yeah, I clear my name. I'm worried about me getting wrongly accused.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be happy if I never if the government never has to have my DNA for anything.
Speaker 3: I think that is a valid goal to have.
Speaker 2: I almost just said they do have my fingertips. They don't have my fingertips. They do have my fingerprints, though, they do have my fingerprints, but do they have yours?
Speaker 3: No, they do not.
Speaker 2: Ooh, so what were you doing this past weekend? Miss Valid? You know?
Speaker 1: And I think when you're wearing gardening gloves you don't leave fingerprints, so don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: You're Wow, you're double safe.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: So all right, Well, hope everybody uh enjoyed this rambling. At the end, they're like, we rather be at the end.
Speaker 2: We have some people who are like the blah blah blah at the beginning of the episode. We're like, okay, that's a bit much, but uh it was one time, and now that it's at the end of the episode, guess what you don't have to listen to the blah blah blah. If you don't want to, you heard your story, you can cut us off. It's fine, we won't be offended.
Speaker 3: Boom, there we go.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, everybody stay safe from imagined and real scenarios, and we'll be back next week