Speaker 1: What's up, beautiful people, it's your girl story peat and this is another episode of Chocolate, Chip and Sip, And today we're going to tackle a topic that lives rent free in my mentions, pretty girl privileged.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, pretty girl vibe.
Speaker 1: Everybody thinks that pretty girl privilege is just free drinks, fire, selfies.
Speaker 2: Having a good or it's not this burger or not.
Speaker 1: There is a whole nother side of pretty girl privilege that we never talk about. The pressure, insecurities, the projection, it's a lot of other things that go into it.
Speaker 2: So that's what we are going to be discussing. To date.
Speaker 1: Pretty girl privilege is hard. Anybody who's telling you that it's not is a lot. People think that pretty girl privilege is.
Speaker 2: A cheat coat. It is a full time job.
Speaker 1: You can never be tired, you can never be broke, you can never be going through anything.
Speaker 2: Yo. The other day, I was in the mall with some sweatpants.
Speaker 1: On, and a man had the audacity to come up to me and say, damn, who humbled you today?
Speaker 2: Nigga? I can't but chill, dad, what the fuck is happening? What the fuck is happening? My god, I didn't know if I wear.
Speaker 1: Sweatpants, I have just been humbled. And don't get me started on a smile queen. You two pretty to be walking around looking like that.
Speaker 2: Nigga, that's my face.
Speaker 1: I don't have to smile and shucking job for you all the time cause I'm pretty. I can activate my rest and bitch face if I want to. On top of all this, it's also the pressure to maintain the body that you worked for, you.
Speaker 2: Paid for, you were born with.
Speaker 1: Like God forbid a girl be bloated because Auntie flobots come in town. Oh my god, she done fell off. Look what she got going on. Bruh, I am opulating and irritating.
Speaker 2: Get the fuck out my face. Okay, I've had it.
Speaker 1: Not Pretty girls deserve bad days too, not even a bad day.
Speaker 2: Pretty girls deserve chill days too.
Speaker 1: On top of all these other things, you also have to run the chance of having the misfortune of being around friends who are jealous or who are insecure. You can be beefing with people that you didn't even know you was beefing with. I thought we was friends. Oh she thinks she is shit. No, I just didn't lower myself to make you comfortable. Like, I'm just enjoying my time, my space, my x Y and Z. I don't want this to sound like pretty girl privilege is some oh what was me type shit, but like not really.
Speaker 2: What was me? Because I got some shit to say, Drake, It's not.
Speaker 1: All free drinks and fires out here. Top five struggles of having pretty girl privileged. Everyone assumes you're already taking I saw a poster said, oh, I know you talking to other dudes.
Speaker 2: Bro, I don't even have a dad. It's no dudes, I'm barely talking to you.
Speaker 1: Next struggle, people will flirt with you and you are just trying to exist in peace.
Speaker 2: You ever see bad Santa, I'm on my okay.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I just want to be to myself, have my peace, have my space. Next everyone assumes you're dumb or you got your position because you're pretty. Never mind the accolades, never mind the degrees, never mind all the experience experience you may have, Like, no, you're pretty, that's why you're here. Next one, there is a large majority of people who will flirt with you by insulting you. No, I'm saying like you probably stuck up anyway, Like I just I am a.
Speaker 2: Child of God.
Speaker 1: Number five on the top five struggles of being a pretty girl having pretty girl privilege. Everyone assumes that all pretty girls are mean and there can only be one real pretty girls know the more the merrier. I surround myself with pretty girls all the time because you get more free shit, I said, all I have to say. It's not as fun as everyone makes it seem. Another struggle that goes into this pretty girl privilege is one that some people fight with because they know if they admit it, it will reveal how insecure they may or may not be. Men love pretty girls until they get one. Men love pretty girls until they get one. I want to preface this by saying not all men. There are a certain community of strong, independent, secure men that have no problem being with a pretty woman because they know at the end of the day that pretty woman is coming home to then. And you, you, Kings, deserve free haircuts, a pack lunch, a set of tires.
Speaker 2: Okay, you deserve it, all Kings, but we're not talking about you right now. We talk about the mother niggas.
Speaker 1: There are men that enjoy being with pretty women and enjoy the attention from pretty women until they're no longer the center of that attention, They get a pretty girl, and then they don't want anyone else to ever see their pretty girls.
Speaker 2: Like having a Pokemon card.
Speaker 3: You finally got it, and now you're gonna put it in sleeve and you're gonna put it in a close and starity and nobody else in starity, but.
Speaker 2: Fucking a holographic. I'm pulling up every chance I get that. It's in my living room.
Speaker 1: Yes, first of all, I still got a bind her, baby. I can't understand what you're saying to that point.
Speaker 2: I guess that makes sense.
Speaker 1: They love the idea of a pretty girl until they realize hold up, other people think she's pretty too. They will turn their insecurities on you and make it feel like it's your fault that everybody's looking at you. And it's like, brother, if you're going through that, I want you to know the next time you out with your fond shit and you see people looking at her, take it as an ego boost. Grab her by the waist, palm, the booty. They looking at something that's already yours. Why are you trying to turn around and make that her fault?
Speaker 2: That has nothing to do with that.
Speaker 1: Yes, what I'm saying These will be the same men that will then take their fond shit around their uncles just so they can say, oh, that's you, nef.
Speaker 2: What's the difference.
Speaker 1: They want a pretty girl, but they don't want the attention that a pretty girl brings.
Speaker 2: You mad that other men want what you prayed for. You thought she was the only one with that prayer, dummy.
Speaker 1: Not to say that there aren't some problematic pretty women. I'm talking about this one specific because they're all try it. Another discrepancy when it comes to pretty girl privilege is everybody think you got hose. Everybody thinks you have hose. Oh, I know you got so many options. I'm not even gonna shoot my shot. I know you got holes. Why you worry about other people worry about yourself? King people assume because you are attractive. This is my rollo, dex baby. My phone ain't filled with nothing but puppy videos.
Speaker 2: Do you know that ain't no holes in there? My phone is so dry.
Speaker 1: If it went off right now, I know exactly who it was without even looking at it.
Speaker 2: And I honestly one of them is sitting behind the camera right now, so I know it's not.
Speaker 1: So let's get shorter yeah, one as fuck them options. When you step into the room, you become the only option. That's the energy that would want fellas, there's a confidence as soon as I get to what's up back there?
Speaker 2: Dog, where's your competitive spence? Pretty girls love peace?
Speaker 1: So when y'all be thinking, we out here will all them options. Most of the time we be in a crib in a robe watching serial killer documentaries because that brings us peace and we're gonna protect.
Speaker 2: That at all costs.
Speaker 1: Okay, So next time you see a beautiful woman outside, you assume she got nineteen million hoes.
Speaker 2: She don't.
Speaker 1: She might be got like nineteen million plants. Then nobody believes you because you're fine. I want y'all to understand there are more women who think like me than there are not. The problem is a we be in a house, mind in our business and be the ones who do have the hoes and are unattractive. They be the loudest, so y'all think it's more of them, but it's not. It's really more women like me. We just be chill in the house and on some like quiet shit. But the optics. So this brings me to my next point.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't be talking.
Speaker 1: Enough about this, and it pisses me off. It's always, oh, women get pretty girl privileged. They go outside and they don't have to pay for nothing, and their life is so easy.
Speaker 2: Do men have pretty privilege? Yes, it's called a handsome handout, That's what I like to call it. I call it a handsome handout. If you are attractive, have a gold chain, a pretty smile, don't let you be able to build some stuff.
Speaker 1: Life is just going to be a little bit easier for you. You don't even gotta do nothing but take a deep breath, and you're gonna get a compliment. Handsome man will get away with being inconsistent, having poor communicational skills, being unintentional. Like all we do is be like, oh, yeah, he's cute. And I want to say, not all women. You're making us look bad. But I digress.
Speaker 2: When you are handsome, that six figures.
Speaker 1: That height requirement, that foreign car, that ninety day rule, all that go out the window for some women. And it's like, y'all don't ever want to talk about that when you're talking about the pretty privilege. Why y'all get it too, just because you know the benefits may not be the same. Don't mean it don't exist.
Speaker 2: Acknowledge it.
Speaker 1: I will acknowledge that when you look a certain way, whether you be male or female, you get put on a certain pedestal. But I also want to acknowledge that some of us be getting played by people who don't know the difference between there, there and there because they're attractive.
Speaker 2: And it's not okay, it's not okay, he's dumb. Yeah he's fine. Hold on, let's hear him out. No, he's dumb. He's dumb. And I'm gonna be real with you.
Speaker 1: If you have ever gone on the internet and said, do women still you don't got the handsome handout? You are not getting it, because yes, women do. If you're a woman and you ever went on the internet and said, do men still that pretty privileges? Not for you, my love, because I'm going to tell you the ones who have it have it. Someone said it might be three dudes who can get the handsome handout, but almost every girl in the world can get pretty privileged.
Speaker 2: That's your fault. Hold on, let me finish, let me better asks.
Speaker 1: You don't have to actually be pretty to get pretty privileged. You just have to look better than your surroundings. I can be a six in an area of threes, and now I'm getting pretty privileged. Who's the fault here, me for being a six or you forgiving a six attention? Now I want to get into my favorite part of the show.
Speaker 2: Somebody come look at this.
Speaker 1: Now we're gonna read some funny stories from Reddit that might have you wondering about pretty privilege. I want to go to a gym and work on myself, but my boyfriend is against it.
Speaker 2: What should we do?
Speaker 1: This is what we were talking about, when you get somebody and then you want to keep them in the house because you don't want anybody else to see your body. My boyfriend really despises me wanting to go to the gym and work on myself. He knows my dad will also be at the gym while I go there. I also told him we could call and that I will wear baggy sweatpants and a hoodie with a sports bar on and a jacket with the shirt and a sports bar on. Since you're doing too much. You're doing too much, you gonna be in somebody's gym past the fuck out. Okay, oh my god, Jesus Christ. But he keeps on impressing me that I should also wear a shirt underneath the hoodie another one, but that makes me feel like it will suffocate me. He does not want me to converse with anyone at the gym, not even a simple conversation. I've also told him that we could gym together, but he isn't that financially stable to afford a membership to the place that I'm going to.
Speaker 2: I don't even gotta finish it.
Speaker 1: That man don't want you to going to that gym because he thinks you're gonna see another man who can afford you at that gym.
Speaker 2: Can't you want you as a house.
Speaker 1: No? But I have offered to pay for three fourth of the expenses of the membership and traveling, since he would also be traveling for around thirty to fifty minutes via booking a motorcycle sussy since he doesn't have his own vehicle yet. It's like an uber from where we are from just to get here since he is kind of far away. For some information, I am not overweight, but I am kind of chubby, So I want to work on myself and have a healthier lifestyle because I'm always up all night and playing games and my energy has decreased by a lot that also affected my studies. You are one gym session away from being out of his league, and he is trying to keep you in his league for as long as he can. He ain't got no car, he can't afford. Jim okay. He probably knows that he secured you at a low point and he's trying to keep you. How did he even get in the room, says, I know he got good dang lang, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: He got a fucking meet him. I know he do.
Speaker 1: My boyfriend is not a gym goer, and he's the reason why I'm always up playing games and we both do enjoy them. He also sometimes helped me with my studies if he knows how. And he doesn't really do any workouts, but he goes out every day because his mother asks him to buy daily needs for them and pick up his little sister from school, which he always does only on walk since it's not very far. It's really unfair. I barely go out. So I want to change that about myself and start working on my lifestyle and focus on myself and my studies again.
Speaker 2: But I'm not leaving him behind. Leave him behind. Everybody can't go. You know what Harriet Thomas said when Nigga said they didn't want to leave her peace. Everybody can't go. That's it.
Speaker 1: Somebody gonna have to get left, she says. I apologize if my grammar and spelling are incorrect. English isn't my first language. My height is one hundred and sixty centimeters and I weigh one hundred and thirty seven pounds at it. Thank you so much for your response. I just find it really hard to leave him, knowing he's the first guy I ever gave my trust to, and the first boyfriend I ever had, and the first one I introduced to my very strict family, and the fact that he told me I'm his lifeline and might unalive himself, unlive himself if I ever left, an actual possibility, because he almost poked himself when I tried leaving, but luckily poked a bag of his and said that I'm allowed to leave if I try again, but his life won't be guaranteed.
Speaker 2: And he told me he loves me so much. Hey don't love you, girl, He don't love you.
Speaker 1: It's just so much to unpack here, and I feel like y'all already know what I'm gonna say, so I'm gonna just leave it at that.
Speaker 2: Leave his asses, that's it in that song.
Speaker 1: Okay, So next one, am I the asshole for want of my maids of honor and bridesmaids to be makeup free and jewelry free.
Speaker 2: It's an ugly ass wedding. I can tell that's kind of be an ugly ass wet you'll what ugly and tired?
Speaker 1: No, Me, forty one female and my fiance, thirty three female, are both somewhere between butch and fem. We both have long hair and wear dresses, but we both don't wear makeup, jewelry nor perfume. We wouldn't be wearing makeup, jewelry nor perfume as brides. We want the maids of honor and bridesmaids to also be makeup free and jewelry free. I thought my maid of honor, my fiance is made of honor, and our six bridesmaids understood my maid of honor, and four out of the six alright, mads thought they could wear makeup and jewelry while the brides are makeup free and jewelry free. I'm not gonna lie sense I did too, because what you gotta do with me, Like, if you want to be old natural, that's fine, but you don't want nobody in the party to wear makeup. And you could have been like, hey, we don't want to do a full glamp. We're requesting soft or natural glam. How you know I want everybody to see my acne scars?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: How you know I want everybody to see these bags, these designer bags under my eye?
Speaker 2: Okay? How you know I.
Speaker 1: Want everybody to see my imperfections. You could be cool with yours, but you don't know what my comfortability is with mine.
Speaker 2: That don't make it.
Speaker 3: Don't all have like a regular routine for just concealer or something, yes, regular like that instead of being you're a completely different bare face than just having your regular dear concealer.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, you don't.
Speaker 1: You don't have to look like you're going to prom or you're going to like, you know, the met gala. You can have like a soft, simple beat that will look very natural and really just cover and perfection. So when you say you want a natural wedding, you're capable of having that. You're choosing to let nobody like not even a tented moisturizer.
Speaker 2: Why you want people this looks crazy.
Speaker 1: My fiance is made of honor and two of the bridesmaids understood when it was mentioned months ago. Now that everyone knows, my maid of honor and one bridesmaid said they can't do it.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. I can't either.
Speaker 1: If you tell me you don't want me to wear no makeup, I will join you in the audience. I will support you from the audience, okay, because I don't even I wouldn't do that to myself, because I will want your wedding to look as good as possible. If I'm up here standing here looking like Ricky the Raccoon, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Helping nobody in these pictures. So okay.
Speaker 1: My maid of honor is really upset with me. She said it's a privilege for a woman to be able to go make up free at a wedding. I don't think it's a privilege. I think it's a choice. What your level of comfortability is and how you present to other people may not be what mind is, she says she doesn't have. She said she has age spots, fine lines, and large pores to cover. She said that I'm a word. I don't think I can say on Reddit? Am I a bridezilla? Am I the asshole? Now here's the part that I thought was really really really really really really good. So someone acts if they had very little and very natural makeup, basically a bass layer, would that be acceptable?
Speaker 2: She says no, Me and my fiance want a very raw and natural look. So you want an ugly ass fucking what it's given? You want everybody to look ugly.
Speaker 1: If you're at a point where you don't want the people in your weddington wear makeup because you assume it's not a natural look, knowing that you can have simple, soft glam appearances, you don't want your bridesmaids to outshine you.
Speaker 2: And yes, you are the asshole.
Speaker 3: If I had to film that shit like yo, why are right in here?
Speaker 2: You look tired last night?
Speaker 1: And my whole thing is it doesn't automatically imply that the bridesmaids that are made of honor are unattractive. It's like, do I want to go out in public the same way I look at the gym?
Speaker 2: Fucking no niggas a o haircuft. We don't. You don't just go anywhere with.
Speaker 1: That if you want to raw a natural look, why are you still allowing people to get their hair done? Fuck it, let's go all out, bass to the wall. Let's all look homeless like, let's all be raw natural. I want everyone to look fine at my wet n closing. Whether you are pretty, whether you are handsome, or whether you are delusional, okay, allow your privilege to not control you, but also not cause you to be humble. This this episode was really for all the people who are attractive and may or may not struggle with that. I want you all to find confidence and peace and walk in your light and don't let nobody force you to smile.
Speaker 2: You don't have to. You don't fucking have to. My message is always going to be the same.
Speaker 1: Follow me on a gram at stormy p p ea at chocola ship and sip and uh. If you don't remember anything else, please remember smile queen.
Speaker 2: No, you don't have to. I love you guys, and I've seen next week. Peace