Speaker 1: It's nice.
Speaker 2: Boston's news radio boy.
Speaker 3: I want to thank my guest last hour, a former Boston, New York and Los Angeles. In Los Angeles chief of police, but a remarkable law enforcement career heading departments in three major cities here in America. And now is someone who really understands what it's going to take for us to get our country back at some point where we strike that balance between again the rights of individuals.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 3: I'm a big advocate of personal privacy and all of that. At the same time, we cannot allow the security of the country to be sacrificed. I just think the big takeaway I had from that article was I did not realize that. And some of you are going to say, what you should have known it, but I will be big enough to admit that I did not realize that some of these smartphones don't even have a back door to access. And as they say in terms of the kid out in Butler, Pennsylvania, he's dead or it would seem to me that his privacy rights are over. Now I go my friends in the Aco. You would probably disagree with me on that, but I would love to know who he was in contact with. And these encrypted messages, why were they encrypted? Who was he talking to? And you know, sometimes literally you talk about an active war, it can be an active war if a country were to attempt to assassinate any of our political leaders of either party. So again I thought the best call of the last hour was Chris in Manchester, New Hampshire. And I am again, folks, when I have guests of his caliber, just try to keep on the topic. I mean, if you call up and ask him who he thought was going to win the World Series, that's not the topic. We were talking about a serious topic, and I was I tried to encourage everyone to focus on what his area of expertise is. Anyway, nuf set. It is the twentieth hour. Now we can kind of kick back and relax.
Speaker 4: What I want to talk about this hour is traffic etiquette.
Speaker 3: Before so if you would like to join the conversation and get on early six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. What I'm trying to find out is what is it about other drivers that bother you. I suspect each and every one of us think that we comport ourselves on the road perfectly, but there are a lot of drivers out there who we all see who don't comport themselves perfectly. And there are a lot of ways in which we've you know, we've seen it. I want to call it out. And this is a twenty eighth hour topic. We talked a couple of weeks ago about you know, traffic that we did an hour on distracted driving a week ago Friday night, and distract the driving. We know what that is. I'm talking about traffic etiquette. I'm talking about the people who who menace other people. I'm talking about the people who drive in the left hand lane and for some reason, you're going seventy five in a seventy mile an hour zone or a sixty five mile hour zone and someone behind you has to come up and flash their lights to push you over.
Speaker 4: Now again, if you're going.
Speaker 3: Forty five in a sixty that's a little bit of a different story. So your gripe about other drivers and what you would like to see other drivers stop doing. So that's that's traffic etiquette as I define it. We've had another interesting week here on Nightside. We cover a broad variety of topics, as I think you know, and I take some pride in that. So I liked him when I finished the week, just hit upon some of the items that we've talked about this week, particularly some of those that we talk about in the eight o'clock hours. So in the eight o'clock hour and Monday night, we talked with a group called Best Friends Animals. We talked with doctor Tricia Perricia about certain limits that I guess the social media needs to impose or at least control. Talk with Dan Shaughnessy about the performance of the New England Patriots new quarterback Drake May, which of course will be tested again this weekend. Talked about the twenty twenty four Special Olympics New Hampshire golf tournament. We talked about the double holiday on Monday, the official holiday Columbus Day, and there are others who wanted to remove Columbus Day and Indigenous People's Day. We talked with state Representative Jeff Trucoll who said keep Columbus Day and add another holiday he suggested in August for Indigenous People's Day. We talked about Isaac Smith klwar about the Boston hotel strike. Wasn't the most forthcoming guests that I've ever had on the show, and I think he could have helped himself in his cause a little bit more off. He answered questions directly, but that's that was his decision, and a lot of times when you get people, they choose to avoid certain questions. Talked about Martha Raddits's disastrous interview with J. D. Vance over the activity which Bill Bratton just talked about of some of these Venezuelan gangs literally taking over.
Speaker 5: Apartment buildings in Aurora, Colorado, and Martha, unfortunately was a friend and a good reporter, said well, it was only several apartment buildings, and Vance came back with a killer reaction, killer comment, which was, think about what you're.
Speaker 4: Saying, It's only several apartment buildings.
Speaker 3: On Tuesday night, we focused on the debate between Elizabeth Warren, Senator Elizabeth Warren and a Republican challenger, John Deaton. We previewed the debate, we dealt with the debate, and we had call a reaction to the debate. On Wednesday night, we talked about I safety with a doctor whose name is chi he Kwan. Talked with doctor Ivan Messner Meisner about mental health at work.
Speaker 4: Greg Merset, CEO of a group called Busy Kid.
Speaker 3: Talked about the Consumer Price Index with him. Talk with Sandy Sternbach about She's a concierge matchmaker. Talk with state auditor. An hour with State Auditor Diana Desauglio about Question one on the ballot here in Massachusetts about she wants to audit the state legislature of the State House of Representatives and the State Senate. I support that totally. Talked about the UMass Amherst Pole which says forty one percent of our fellow citizens here in Massachusetts believe we as a state around the wrong track last night. Talked about the Lung Force Walk tomorrow in Hopkinton with Ashley Carrier. Talked with kimber Lee Samarra about cybersecurity, Joe gold about the Titanic artifact exhibit, which is going to be great down at the Castle the Boston in Boston Park Square the Castle, and then we talked with Scott Curser of The Boston Globe about twenty Things Still Made in Massachusetts. Talked last night with Dr Nassair Gummy about Question four, the legalization of psychedelics. He is very much opposed to that. Talk with Jeff Robbins about the IDF successful elimination of the head of hamas yah Yaha Sinoa, and talked last night at eleven about Vice President Harris's I thought less than successful interview with Fox News late yesterday afternoon and tonight we talked with doctor Lee Richardson about election and anxiety. Talked with Mark shield Rop about then the increasing number of deer strikes at this time when you're out in the major roads, be a little careful. A deer strike can do a lot of harm to you or your car. Talked also with Brian Thompson from ACI weather about this beautiful weekend coming up. Talk with doctor Kelly Bulkeley about He's a dream researcher, and last hour talk with Bill Bratton about security and election twenty twenty four. So some of the topics we talked about this week. We cover a lot of ground here on Nights side, and I'm always looking for new ideas and new thoughts. So now we're going to take quick break and we're going to come back and to talk about traffic etiquette. We are aggressive drivers in Massachusetts, there's no doubt about that, but traffic etiquette, and it can be bad etiquette if it's driving where people are too aggressive. Again, that person who pulls up behind you with the flat with the high beams on when you're out on Route one twenty eight or four ninety five or.
Speaker 4: Of the mass Turnpike.
Speaker 3: Or the person who is asleep when the light goes green, or they're talking on their phone, or they're distracted and they get through the light. When it turns yellow, you sit there for thirty seconds the light's green, nobody moves. It's very frustrating, so bad traffic etiquette. I'm sure many of you have different thoughts and ideas on that. The only lines that are open right now are six, one, seven, nine, ten thirty. If you want to tell us a horror story, that's fine if you as they say, I think this bad traffic etiquette. People who are too aggressive, and people who frankly are driving and they're When I say they were asleep, I don't mean they're unconscious, but their mind just is not on what they're doing, so they're sitting in a traffic light, or as I've talked about before, the you're to traffic light summer and Route nine. It happens often and there's an ambulance coming behind you, and someone's life is perhaps in jeopardy and the ambulance is trying to get through traffic.
Speaker 4: And people freeze. They don't know where to go.
Speaker 3: You take a right, Maybe you've got to drive around the block a little bit, but maybe that will allow someone to get to the hospital on time to have their life saved.
Speaker 4: It could be you and that ambulance, or could be a relative. Anyway, we're taking a break.
Speaker 3: Only lines open six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Now I'll get you to the same place as six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. Traffic etiquette, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Let's have at it, have a little bit of fun as we head toward the weekend. My name is Dan Rady, listening to the Nightside on WBZ, Boston's news radio ten thirty and AM Dial, and we always encourage you to pull down the iHeartRadio app. If you're listening to us tonight anywhere. It's not a bad idea to have the app as well, because you can listen to us on the app at home. You can listen to us some on the radio at home, or the radio in the car, or the app in the car, whatever whatever way you can get us.
Speaker 4: We appreciate it. We'll be back on nights side right after this.
Speaker 3: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World, Nice News Radio. Let's go to the calls. Brent is up in Maine. Haven't heard from Brent in a while. Brent, welcome back to night said, how are you, sir?
Speaker 6: I am doing just great. There there are two little pet peeves that I have about people on the road. The minor one is when you're you're driving down a street, you don't know where you're going and looking for an address. You're looking for the number, and someone's getting offset because you know you're driving a little slow. You're slowing up to look at a house, and they're sitting on their horns. And then the other thing is that I've been on both sides of this where you're in a funeral procession. You're supposed to be able to go through the red light, yes, and someone is honking their horn at you. They're annoyed because you're going through the red light yep. And then I've been on the opposite side where I've been the one stopped at a green light to let funeral procession home and the guy behind me sitting on his horn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, those are the people who I would hope that they are simply oblivious, but not disrespect but not necessarily for disrespectful. I mean you anyone who's been in that situation. And if you live near a cemetery or if you drive near a cemetery, it's fairly frequent that there's a long funeral procession and people should be given the courtesy. And oftentimes there's there's police there that are that are directing traffic, and that's people still don't realize what's going on, which is to be amazing.
Speaker 4: Bread. Those are two good ones.
Speaker 3: I had not thought of those, but but you're absolutely right, because someday it'll be one of our family members in the funeral, or who knows, it might be us in the funeral, and you want your casket to get to the cemetery on time.
Speaker 6: And turns out on island, Well yeah, I think you know. As they spend my winters in Prince Edward Island. The protocol there is that both sides of the road stop for a funeral procession.
Speaker 4: Well that's good, that's good.
Speaker 3: Now why do you spend your winters in Prince Edward Island. Most people might spend a little bit of summertime up there, but by choice.
Speaker 4: I don't know. What do you have a place up there?
Speaker 7: Is?
Speaker 4: Do you summer in Maine?
Speaker 6: Is that what you do or what I have a house in Prince Edward Island and it's a very beautiful place. It's a little colder in the wintertime, a little well it's with climate change. It's not that much colder now, but it used to be a little colder in the wintertime. You get more snow in the wintertime. And I'm an avid cross country skiers.
Speaker 4: Good for you, Good for you?
Speaker 3: Can you can you listen to night Side up at Pei in the wintertime?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I can get Nightside in the winter time up there.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 3: Well, that's always good to know. We have a lot of Canadian callers. So next call if.
Speaker 4: How long are you up there? You up there?
Speaker 3: Like December, January, February or is it the shortest day?
Speaker 6: Well, because the family issues, I've been saying in New Hampshire the last cup, you know, last winter. In this winter I will stay in New Hampshire, but typically I'll go to THEI in the middle of November and return the end of April or very early part of May.
Speaker 3: Excellent excellent well bred. Either way, feel free to listen, whether it's from Maine, New Hampshire, or Pei. Thanks so much for your call tonight, two good ones.
Speaker 6: You're welcome.
Speaker 4: Thank you much. Bye bye.
Speaker 3: Let's keep rolling here, Georgie and Bridgewater. George, traffic etiquette. What do you think are we polite or impolite?
Speaker 8: Well, we're in polite because you know, I lived in the Midwest for a year and they're the best drivers. And then I moved to California for ten years, and I brought my Massachusetts Tactics to California, the HP HP they're tough so well.
Speaker 4: Were pulled over for by by the chip. That's California.
Speaker 7: I'm glad you.
Speaker 8: I didn't want to go into it, but I'm glad you asked me that I came to a stop sign, a four way stop sign, and I stopped, of course, and I was moving like one half a mile an hour.
Speaker 4: Stop George, I know.
Speaker 7: No, I'm pretty sure I came to the police stop.
Speaker 9: But then you know, I had the roll out of a little.
Speaker 8: And and the guy pulled me over. Uh, and he gave me a warning, but that's you know, I learned that he better better not mess around here in California.
Speaker 9: I lived out there for ten years.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you remember when when I was in driving school and when you were in driving school back in the day, and you had to go to driving school so that you could get your license.
Speaker 4: A little earlier.
Speaker 3: And they used to tell us when when you come who stop sign, you got to feel the car stopping, you know, basically stop and then kind of sit back on its haunches. I don't know if yeah, they do that, but that was what you were told. So, yeah, those that California Highway.
Speaker 4: Patrol, Oh, that's tough there there, tough. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Oh, I'll give it.
Speaker 3: I'll give you one.
Speaker 8: I'm I'm heading, you know, from Escondido, California, to San Diego about thirty five miles and the CHP pulled over about fifty cars that one. They were all traveling in the breakdown lane. He lined every single one of them up, uh and made them. I'm sure I kept going. I wasn't in the breakdown lane, and I'm sure he made he gave the ticket to every one of them. And the next day and the next week and the next month we never did see anyone driving in the breakdown lane against the same would you.
Speaker 3: Know drive every day?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, so.
Speaker 8: I got a good laugh either of that one.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's interesting because they think they're saving some time, but when they get when they get.
Speaker 4: Caught, well it's not only that one. Funny, Yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: It costs you some money but also cost you a lot of time on that particular day. George, I I love those. Those those are good ones. Thank you so much. Appreciate it, hear. Absolutely. We were gonna go next. Rick is in Bill Rick, Rick, you were next on nice side. Tell us about your experience with traffic etiquette. I I think it's pretty poor generally. What do you say?
Speaker 1: First of all, I just want to say quickly, I hit a deer once and I shared a similar When I heard your story, it was similar to mine. It was just awful. It was so sad. But anyway, it's frightening.
Speaker 4: It's sad, but it's also frightening because it's like hitting a brick wall.
Speaker 1: Shirt is in and you know the copple came was an old friend of mine that I hadn't seen in twenty years, and the first time I saw a gun go off right in front of me it was a mercy kill. And then there was a guy with a truck to grab the meat, and I thought to myself, well it's it shouldn't be wasted. But it was such a sad day. I said, I was sorry to it, and I patted it and I said, and it just it was just and it came out of nowhere. So it's a good it's a good way to segue into into etiquette on the road. This is an example of well, of course you should always pay attention when you're driving, but that there came out on nowhere. It just I could not have I couldn't have stopped it unless I was going like instead of twenty miles an hour that I was going to twenty five, I was going like ten. But then it would have ran out in front of it when I got to the point. I swear it was weird. But I think there are people seem to have not too much patience on the road anymore, and it's stiff. When the eighties, when I got my license, I know they've you know, we've people are people you know from hundreds and hundreds of years. We're going to be people. We're going to act as nice people and and not so nice people in patient people and patient people. But it's different now. I don't know if it's the technology. People don't want to wait at a restaurant. McDonald says the burg is ready once you once you ask for it. Practically people don't, not that I go to McDonald's much, but there's there's no time where people have to wait, other than maybe a restaurant. But it just seems to me that someone will blow past on the left or on the right when they shouldn't, and then then there's a traffic light and now you're in back of them. And I'm not a jerk. I'm not going to terrorize them, but it's it's so dumb when they act like that, and we can all be like that, but it's just so foolish. I just also that they.
Speaker 3: Were all sort of like running faster in the rat race. That we're not as happy as we used to be. I think that more demands and as people are working two jobs, everybody's trying to accomplish everything. I just think it's I think driving, you know, it's it's it's not a fun experience.
Speaker 1: I mean driving not anymore. I used to like it A long time ago. It was fun, it was exciting. I don't like to drive. I'll take back roads to get to my house in bil Rica because it's easier. My eyes aren't great, I admit it, but at nighttime, when there's a glare on the road, I'm like, I'm taking the back roads. Or just even when it's a fine night, I just don't want to deal because the road narrows and and and if someone's behind me, they want to blow past me on the left or the right, and it gets narrow and it's and I just don't want to deal with it. So I take I take a back road to get to my house, and that's the way I want to do it. I feel a lot better rather than going down three A and Burlington and to bill Rica. It just gets a little crazy. But that's my take, and I agree it's just not fun to drive.
Speaker 3: I think we all have concluded that we alone are the most important person on the road, and.
Speaker 4: That's probably a bad attitude to have.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, because I think you're going to end up in it's some sort of an unnecessary accident, or you're going to have somebody I tell my kids this in this day and age.
Speaker 4: You know, you get into it with somebody, they can put a gun at you, you know, going seventy.
Speaker 1: Again, and I'll just and I'll let you go after this. I caused an accident about fifteen years ago because I was trying to cut across get over in a lane and uh, and I wasn't paying attention. And if the girl that I hit in front of me was was seventy instead of twenty, she might have went into cardiac arrest even though I wasn't going that fast. But I was a complete idiot, a jerk, and I paid. I paid some serious dues on my insurance, and I told my little small compact car, and I deserved all of it. And I'm as lucky as anything that I just had to pay money and nothing bad happened. And it was just because I was I was, I was being foolish and just deciding I want to cut over here, and and it was it was bad, and I'm very lucky. I was speared that day.
Speaker 3: And well, you know something, I think you to admit your mistake. You're you're a big guy to do that. I mean, here's a lot of people say no matter what, Oh no, you know, that you slam into summer. You know, they stopped too quickly.
Speaker 1: Whatever, No, no, no, I I caused that. And another car was involved to it was a kind of a bump into it. He was not so bad, and they were nice. And I told the cop I caused it. I'm sorry, and he said, well, these things happened. I didn't get written.
Speaker 3: Up, but it was almost miraculous, honest with the police officer probably helped you out a little bit on that.
Speaker 1: One's yeah, no, I got you. But but you gotta be kind and nice on the road. You got to be patient and you treat people the way you want to be treated on the road. And I would more of what was going on. I don't see as much of it, but hopefully people will both show a little bit more. They did after nine to eleven. Remember, oh yeah, remember that far.
Speaker 3: For a few days, for a couple of weeks, everybody, and then it reverted back to the old that's right.
Speaker 1: It was amazing for a couple of weeks, felt unbelievable, and then we reverted back exactly. Well, I'll let you go because you've got to get out of the calls. Have a great weekend, you.
Speaker 4: Too, it's going to be great weather. Thanks Rick.
Speaker 3: Six one seven, two, five, four to ten thirty is one line and six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Nobody's going to wait a long time tonight. Trust me on that We'll get to as many of you as possible. Coming back on Nightside, we're talking about traffic etiquette here in Massachusetts and what can we do to I don't know, to make it easier on everybody. Maybe there's nothing we can do. Maybe the roads are two crowded. Maybe I don't know any answer, but I'm I'm hoping you can provide some guidance.
Speaker 4: Back on night after this, it's Night Side with.
Speaker 2: Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 4: Back we go. We're talking about traffic etiquette. Let's see what Eileen has to say. Eileen, welcome next on Nightside.
Speaker 2: Hi, I seem to attract tailgators and are you a slow driver? I go, I check. I always check the speed limit on the side, and people seem to be very unhappy unless you go at least five or ten miles over the speed limit, which isn't safe on a lot of roads, especially you know in communities where you have signs on the on the side of the road, indicating their children living there. Well, I mean, I I certainly don't want to know.
Speaker 3: What's the worst thing that people have done to you? Because you're not going as fast as they want.
Speaker 2: They just pull right up on your tail and slash their lights. And I sometimes wonder if this is the if the the only athletic ability they've ever achieved is behind the wheel of a car. You know, I hear you.
Speaker 3: I hear you. Well, and what do you normally do? Do you get out of the way or do you just say, Hey, I'm on the road.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to keep going.
Speaker 2: I try to get out of the way. You know, Yes, I will actually pull over to the curb and stop if somebody is too close behind me, because it just isn't safe.
Speaker 3: No, it isn't safe, and it's a nerving too, and it can cause you to be distracted, and then you know, get you know, get into a situation where maybe someone steps in front of you. You you you're you're distracted, you hit someone and whatever, and then the jerk behind.
Speaker 4: You just just drives away, laughing. You don't want to that, Yeah, I know, I think that in your case, the discretion. Discretion is the better part.
Speaker 3: Of our Okay, yeah, thanks so much, great.
Speaker 2: Way, thanks thanks for doing this down. I think it's a good, good, good topic.
Speaker 4: Well, if we get good calls and it, we'll do it again, I promise.
Speaker 7: Okay, have a good connects.
Speaker 3: I'm going to John up and Lowell. John, you were next on Night Side Traffic Editor. Do you think I'm doing great yet?
Speaker 9: John Lowell just passed the speed a little bit. That brought it down to twenty five. The rear winds all over the place. Now my brother on the same I was with him on the same streets, been rear rended three times a different like. It goes up by market basket, the light change, so he stops the car behind him. Bang, Oh I'm sorry, but he's got the camera, so uh he could prove that the guy you know, smashed into him.
Speaker 4: So the camera point was if the camera pointing backwards.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's got one for the front in the back.
Speaker 4: Really, Oh that's pretty cool.
Speaker 9: Okay, So anyways we go, we go again, gotta go up the uh you know, one of the stores up on the hill. So now we're going on another set of lights, which was going up the hill. The light changes. My brother stops you gotta go twenty five miles an hour. That's crazy. They're gonna be rear rends all over the load, you know.
Speaker 3: So what you're saying is that that the twenty five hour, the twenty five miles an hour limit is unrealistic.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I would drive faster than that, but like I said, I have a scan. I'm retiring all day long. People getting tickets when they first started, when they first started, they give you a break. They tell everybody at all it's they went and they changed all the signs of loll and made it twenty five miles a No one in their right mind goes twenty five miles an hour. That's what I would. So the third time he got it in the rear risk he keeps from getting this this all plastic in the back uh, he keeps from getting the backpack of his cop fixed, you know, And which is good. He goes he got it on camera and all that.
Speaker 1: And I'll so.
Speaker 3: Well give our best wishes to your brother. Tell him you you you represented him well tonight. And I'm sure there's a few other people a loll who agree with you. Thanks John, Thank you, talk to you later. All right, Let's keep rolling. Here kind of get one more in here before the break. Barry is in Newton, Barry, you were next on night Side again.
Speaker 10: Hey for Barry.
Speaker 4: How are you? Oh, Bookstore Barry.
Speaker 3: I owe you a visit and I'm going to be back in your neck of the woods sooner than I expected.
Speaker 10: So I know, I know you're busy with tomorrow the carnival there in Newton Center. You can get some fried dough.
Speaker 6: In the book show.
Speaker 4: I don't need the fridy doe. Trust me that nobody needs that. By the way, Bookstore Barry.
Speaker 3: Next week Friday night at ten o'clock, we'll do our annual visit with Ken Gloss at the Bradle book Shop. Oh sure you know Ken, So you want to call in on Friday night at ten o'clock.
Speaker 4: We have some good guests coming up next week. We're on Monday night we're going to.
Speaker 3: Talk with Sean Dahl at ten o'clock about space weather and how it is affecting our weather. And then on Tuesday night at nine o'clock we're going to talk with Kelly Cobb Lynn Year, who is a posed to the unionization of the uber.
Speaker 4: And Lyft drivers.
Speaker 3: We'll try to get someone on the other side of that, but books there are barrier I think you want to.
Speaker 4: Ken glossis Friday night at ten.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna beat it. Jan there's a funny thing I just thought of the man who's says the rear end accident with the driverless cars, that's a phenomenon on that it's happening, you know. I don't think we can handle that. There's two sets of driving styles, and driverless cars don't have it.
Speaker 3: They're very common by the Rivalless cars are very common in San Francisco. My daughter sent me a video of her if she was with her husband, and the husband took the video of them getting into a driverless car and it's all automated. You're sitting in the backseat and all of a sudden, the steering wheels starts to turn.
Speaker 10: I just think they need to program some aggression into those guys, because people will be very frustrated not to be able to you know, like when you call up her eyes and it's very frustrating.
Speaker 4: Yes, totally get it. I totally.
Speaker 10: Another story reminded me of with I drove a cab for thirty years in Boston before I did the bookstore. It so I could tell you a lot. But one day on West Newton Street, a policeman stopped me for going like a rolling rally through the stop sign. Yeah, and just very slow. And the lady policeman and she what they call buxhom or ubernest. She gleaned into the window, said I have to you have to feel the fullness.
Speaker 4: I swear to God, she said, you have to what she said.
Speaker 10: Feel the full feel the fullness, the fullness of what, the fullness of what? I don't know the stop Oh, I hope.
Speaker 3: So yeah, okay, but but if she was ruben ask you you could there could be a double entendre there.
Speaker 10: So yeah, but that wasn't what I called to say. I once once in uh Soul, South Korea, and in a hotel that overlooked a big, big intersection of like five ways, kind of like Union Square or something, and all the cars would come up to the light is that night, and when they came to the light, they would all turn their lights off, their headlights off, and the light turned green, they'd all turn the headlights back on. And I thought that was a good.
Speaker 3: Uh, why were they why were they doing that? Trying to conserve energy or something.
Speaker 10: I don't know. I think it was just being polite that some people wouldn't get the glare and they're, oh, I get it.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah that could be well, well that's the other thing.
Speaker 3: Too often times you're driving and somebody has their high beams on and they're they're oblivious and that you're being blinded.
Speaker 7: Depending upon you get older, you get the glare.
Speaker 8: Got it?
Speaker 10: And then one more quick story. Okay, I was driving up to Jamaica Way one day and I guess I had the music oy aloud, and I was a bit oblivious that there was someone behind me. I finally noticed flashing their lights and then apparently beeping the horn frantically. I came to a stop stop stop light, and the person came up, rolled down her window was a woman who was very upset, saying something about children's hospitals. So I explained how to get to tell I tried to tell her how to get there up here you think of right, no, no, you ruthless. I can't say the word be yeah, ruthless. She's screaming at me. Apparently I didn't notice she was trying to get around or something. You know, So people aren't always aware of what.
Speaker 3: You are trying trying to get around?
Speaker 4: You mean past you on the jamake away.
Speaker 10: I don't know, but she was very.
Speaker 4: Pass on.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you that road you want to be passing on my much because it's.
Speaker 4: I hear you, I hear you. Hey, very great call. Thanks, I will see I will see Barry at the bookstore. Trust me.
Speaker 10: Okay, thank you, Jan all right, have a great night.
Speaker 4: Thanks man, talk to you so good night. Take a break.
Speaker 3: Coming back on Night's I got a couple of open lines if you want at six, one, seven, two, four, ten thirty. We'll try to get everyone in, I promise.
Speaker 11: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World.
Speaker 7: Night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: We have full lines and the time is tight, so I'm going to ask everybody to please be kind. Let's hear your problem with traffic etiquette. Go ahead, Sandy, you're next on night Side.
Speaker 11: Well, I have a very funny experience. It really wasn't funny, but my I woke up one day and I was sick. I was teaching in Roxbury and my son was in my school and I didn't want him staying home all day with me, so I called him sick, and I said that I'm going to bring my son. Here was a teacher at the school who was a brother at Catholic Memorial, and to get there you have to pass my house pretty much, so I knew he would agree to take my son home. So I got my son off. I was on my way home and crashed from bang. I had a maximum so there was my father, but it really wasn't because the car at the corner blocked my sight around at any rate. So when the guy got out of his car, I realized that I knew him. He was a friend of mine, a judged in Misstrokesby and both book returned and said what are you doing here? And he said he had taste to hear, and I said I had drop my son off, but I was feeling really lousy and my car was practically it was the whole front end. So I said, look, you know me, I know you. I'm not going to run away. Let me get home, let me take care of my car, and I'll call you exchange papers. He says, fine, So we took uh oh, we parted ways, and this lady comes running out of her house in the enrollers in bathroom and she says stop right there, I'm a policewoman and you didn't exchange papers. And my friend looked at her and said, lady, i'm a judge and I know he don't.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, all's well, that ends well, Cindy, thank you. I'm just trying to get three more former right. Actually, thanks all right, let's keep it rolling here. I got to pick the pace up everybody. Jack on Cape Carjack, next on Nice.
Speaker 7: I go ahead, hey, Dan, problem is these high beams yes night. So you know, we have the old incandescent bulb type. We all know what we're talking about, and now we've got these I don't zeeon bulbs are blinding and I think it needs to be addressed.
Speaker 3: Well just by calling the show tonight. Maybe there's some legislators going to it out there. Jack, okay, I I agree with you. You can you can be blinded by by some of these super duper high beam mobs.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 7: There was a there was a young boy down here in mash Bee who was killed and the finding of the you know, the investigation was the other driver was blinded by the intensity the light and didn't see the boy.
Speaker 3: All right, that's a that's a good, a good comment and a good issue to raise. Jack, I got three more. I gotta try to get anybody in. You've raised You've raised a flag. Thank you very much, rung the bell. Thank you appreciate it. But okay, let's go to Matt and Brighton. Matt, you gotta be quick for me. Man, I got two more.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Matt, Hey, Dan.
Speaker 12: Got in an accident way back on Black Ice, right and Waltham Street, skidded right along it. Nothing I could do and the sedan I was in got points on my record, multiple things. The officers said, not at fall. The other driver said no injuries or anything.
Speaker 7: Week later he.
Speaker 12: Said, injuries and the way people can play it up and the inability is harmful. That I'm feeling it twelve years later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I hear you, and that people are dishonest and they all of a sudden they develop a nick pain.
Speaker 4: A few days later. Couldn't agree with you more, Matt, Matt will talk you.
Speaker 2: Go to the zoo.
Speaker 4: I'll give you a call in the morning. Thank you much.
Speaker 7: Man, all right, thank you, thanks.
Speaker 4: Hevin, great, well, let's go going to get too in. I think we're be able to do with Tina on the Cape. Tina on Cape Card second call right after Jack. Tina gort ahead.
Speaker 13: So I just wanted Actually I was calling for the same reason the Jack said, it's the high beams.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I just wonder if I know there's limits on all kinds of stuff they check in cars. I wonder if there's a limit on lumens because the.
Speaker 4: High great questions and the new.
Speaker 13: Cars are just ridiculous, and I think people are getting lazy. They say the car is going to automatically change at your high beams, and I think we're lazy because we think the car is going to do it and they don't. It doesn't. That's just one of my points.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's a great point, and I think it's interesting that two of you on Cape Cod where the road lighting is not great, the high beams are even more difficult. Uh, Tina, I'm gonna get one more in. Thank you very much. I appreciate Have you called before? Is this your first call?
Speaker 6: No, I've called before.
Speaker 4: Do me favorite call more often. I love that. I'll give you much more time next time. Okay, Thanks, thanks.
Speaker 3: All right, good night, John and Brookline. Last call of the night. Going to wrap the hours I'm still tight on time.
Speaker 4: John, go ahead, Hi.
Speaker 7: John, I hope everything is well. I want to make it quick.
Speaker 3: Please don't stand in the left lane doing forty miles an hour in the highway.
Speaker 7: You know, left playing this for passing.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: I think that's a legitimate criticism.
Speaker 7: Yeah, left playing this for passing. People do fifty five and they're like, well that's the speed limit. Yes, but you need to stay in the right. Once you pass the car, you go to the right, lady.
Speaker 4: I'm with you that with John, I totally agree. Thank you, Thank you, John. It was a good point to end on it.
Speaker 3: Okay, hopefully a lot of lessons we'll learned tonight. My callers were excellent on this subject. Thank you very much. It's been a great week on night Side, Rob Brooks, thanks very much. We've had a lot of work on Nightside. I want to thank Marita, who's probably not listening now. She's probably sound asleep, but I want to acknowledge her as well and tell you that I'll be on Facebook in about a minute. Night Side with Dan Ray on Facebook. You can follow us on Twitter just go to at wbznightside dot com. You can get us on Instagram. WBZ Underscore Nightside. Obviously we're available on Facebook. I'll be on Facebook Nightside with Dan Ray coming up. I'll end us always all dogs, all cats, all pets go to Heaven. That's what my pal Charlie Ray is, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's why all your pets are who past. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. We'll see and on Monday night, everybody hope the Patriots winning London Joel London and you have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Thanks everybody and enjoy