Speaker 1: With Dan Ray.
Speaker 2: I'm by the way, the Warren campaign has just released an add attacking John Daton, which is interesting.
Speaker 1: Rob.
Speaker 2: I'm going to send this to you and maybe you can rack this up for me. I would appreciate that so people can hear this. This was time for release right after the debate and goes after Daton on abortion, although uh, Deton is pro choice. I think, if you know, again, if it doesn't matter, I guess that's an issue that Elizabeth Warren feels she needs to run on. That's okay, let's keep rolling here. We're getting your reaction, and we're going to take people. As they called in a couple of you been waiting quite a while. Let me try to get to you very quickly. John and lemonster. John, you are next on nightsig, go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Dan. How you're doing fine, John?
Speaker 1: Your reaction to tonight's.
Speaker 4: Debate, Well, last night I talked to you, well listen and later deal and I couldn't get thirty eight on. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, no, I'm with you. We we had trouble connecting as well, but we joined the debate in progress.
Speaker 1: I hope you were able to listen to some of it here I did.
Speaker 4: And Milton Now, so I don't say first he is very well tonight, I think he's Uh. If it was a gid E Vance, he would be the hero. He does very well, He speaks well, his facts are great, but he didn't his silvery was tough but stark pro choice, like you just said, I just heard that. Now he's agreeing with those guys on that, and they still want to fight him on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then.
Speaker 2: I think I think the Democrats view that as an issue that they've done well on in the in the twenty twenty two election cycle.
Speaker 1: And and of course there.
Speaker 2: That's a real issue here in the in the case of Deeton, he is from choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Well, Rob will Rack will wreck up this ad and uh, it's about a thirty second spot and we'll play it. You won't be able to see it, but you'll be able to hear it. It talks about extremism, et cetera.
Speaker 1: So okay, that's that's.
Speaker 2: Uh. So you you from what you heard, you you liked what what Deeton had to say.
Speaker 4: Well, I think he did very well. He needs to be polished. If he was Jadie Vance, he would have crushed her tonight for sure. Yeah, she was like a deer in headlights for a while.
Speaker 2: Advance Dance has been through, you know, Vance has elected U S Senator, was through Senate races in primaries and and a final and in a runoff election and against a Democratic congressman named Tim Ryan out of the the northeast section of Ohio uh and young in the Youngstown area, and Advance you go through that and you learn from your mistakes and you get better. This was really this was Deaton's first big night, I think on on a stage. He went through some debates in the Republican primary. But I thought he did a good job.
Speaker 1: I really did.
Speaker 2: I've give him probably a better grade than you're giving him. I thought he was quick. There was a it was a fast paced debate. Every it was almost like everybody had a minute here, minute there. They had to think on their feet. They both represented their points of view pretty well. I mean, she's very predictable because we know her and he's and he made some interesting points and it was interesting. The cryptocurrency was brought up. That's there were a lot it was. I thought it was an interesting hour from what I heard.
Speaker 4: I think I think they.
Speaker 3: Also were very fair.
Speaker 4: That the very fair to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Johnny hold on, I want to play for you. This is the ad that was just released by the Warren campaign. Rob has it racked up. It's only a thirty second spot, but this was an ad which was time to be released right after the debate.
Speaker 1: Let's hit it, Rob.
Speaker 5: Extremists are coming after abortion rights everywhere, including Massachusetts. We need a senator we can one hundred percent trust to protect abortion rights. That's not John Deeton. He said he would have voted for Neil Gorsich, one of Trump's Supreme Court justices who overturned Roe v.
Speaker 3: Wade.
Speaker 5: And he bragged about raising money for Republicans to take control of the US Senate. With so much at stake, Massachusetts can't take that kind of risk. Elizabeth Warren and I approved this message.
Speaker 2: And by the way, the two points that was that just was made in that commercial, that he's raised money for other Republicans and they do that, Democrat Stewart, Republicans do it. They raise money for the other people running in other states. And the fact that he at some point apparently did say the s S would have voted for Neil Gorrich who's a very qualified United States Supreme Court justice, is actually considered one of the brightest members of the court.
Speaker 1: And and I just I don't see why anyone would vote against Neil Gorsicch other than ideological reasons. But those were the points she made in the debate.
Speaker 2: And now they're reinforced by the ad which becomes a television and a radio ad by Yeah, I don't understand.
Speaker 4: He did very well. I mean, he's just not polished like Vance, and nobody can be.
Speaker 6: I couldn't be all right, fair enough.
Speaker 2: All right, Johnny? It but you felt that who you gotta vote for? Deeton or Warren? Indeed, okay, thank you, sir, appreciate the call.
Speaker 4: Take care how of it?
Speaker 2: I thank you very much. Six one seven, four ten thirty. Those lines are full. I shouldn't have given you that right now, the one that's opened at six one seven, nine three ten thirty. Kevin is in andover, Kevin, you are next on nightside.
Speaker 1: Go right ahead, all.
Speaker 7: Right, Dan, How are you doing tonight?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: We get your gut to the phone there, Kevin. I thought we did read last year for a moment.
Speaker 7: Go right ahead, No worry from here. I was expecting to be next. I thought you had a couple of people in front of me. I would say, John Daton definitely want a debate tonight. He showed himself to be a true political outsider. You know, he proved himself to the independent voice Massachusetts needs. As he said himself, you know, he's here to represent us, not a political party or an entrench system, which you know that ad you just played showed exactly that. Elizabeth Warren, that's all she's got abortion abortion abortion, John has said specifically many times. I was there when he won on primary night when he specifically said there's no way he's going after abortion rights recently, I believe, and I saw several Conservatives get upset. He said if the Republicans pushed through in the National Abortion Being, he'd leave the Republican Party. And that's still all Elizabeth Warren's trying to focus on because she's hoping nobody will actually get to know John Deeton. You know, I'm pretty sure that that's why. You know, the Daton campaign, I know, tried to get debates back in September. They wanted more debates. She pushed it off till now it was on Channel thirty eight. That camp is trying to make sure people don't get to know John Daton because if they do, they're going to vote for Well.
Speaker 1: I think the Channel four made a mistake. I think that.
Speaker 2: And again I'm having worked in television, I understand what it's all about. You have these television programs, you know, Dancing with the stars, drinking at the bars, whatever. You know, they have all of these sort of you know, your survivor and stuff, and you have the loyal listeners who get upset. I've been at the television station where back in the day, when there would be some national tragedy.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, you know, there would be a plane.
Speaker 2: Crash or something which cost a lot of lives, and Channel four would be taking the the live feed from CBS at the time on this horrible crash, and the VP calling in and saying.
Speaker 1: I want to watch my morning soap opera. How come we don't watch serious And it was like it could be like almost it would be nuclear war, you know, we're begun nuclear war with the Russians, and we interrupt this program, Uh, go for a special CBS report. How come I'm not seeing Love of Life or whatever.
Speaker 7: I want? To see General Hospital.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so lonely. I want to see very right.
Speaker 2: I missed it last week, So what happens is and then there's also a lot of pressure, I mean, obviously on a on a network debate, when all three networks are going to cover a presidential debate, all the local stories and and get blown out. I think they could have They could have done that from seven to eight. They could have done it from eight to nine and and and just probably taken out one or two. I don't I don't even know. I broke nights for so long for somebody here is I don't know. They still showing Dinasty as I heard, Cheers is no longer in the air.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 8: I believe.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 7: It looked like there was a show called FBI that they are running tonight. Have never watched the show, but that was what was on at the time that this debate was going.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I'm sure I'm sure it had some you know, thrilling plot twists or something. I don't know. I like politics. I to me, it's it's it's what democracy is all about. And if you if you don't show debates to as many people as possible, it allows people. You know, we need to get people more involved in this in the government and in the country. We need to get more people out to vote. I think all of us should agree upon that. So you you're going to give the debate to Dton and I assume that does he have your vote yet or no? There's another debate on They do one in Springfield on Thursday night.
Speaker 7: Yes, I want.
Speaker 9: I'm watching that as well, but you know, John Deff has my vote, and I think it was a no contest tonight. Halfway through I said that they should call Cubscot rules and end the debate now because she was just getting beaten so badly.
Speaker 1: I think that little league rules or something. Yeah rules the club scouts like that. Thanks Kevin, I enjoyed the call. Yeah, thanks you soon. Okay. The only lines that now opened the two were vacated six months seven nine three one ten thirty. I got Donna, Tom and John coming up, and I got room for you at six months, seven nine three one ten thirty. If you watch the debate, if you heard the debate, who'd you think prevail? We'll be back on nightside right after this.
Speaker 10: Now back to Dan Ray mine from the window World Nights Sank Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to the calls.
Speaker 2: We're looking for your reaction to tonight's senatorial debate here in Massachusetts. So far, all the calls have been from Massachusetts, as you would expect.
Speaker 1: Let me go next to Donna in Northboro. Donna, you are next to Nightside.
Speaker 11: Welcome, Thank you, love your show, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: You're very welcome for calling in. What'd you think? Did you watch tonight?
Speaker 11: I was thrilled that you guys aired even though you didn't have the first fifteen minutes this show, because I'm not always able to watch TV, so thank you for doing that. I think John Deeton did a fabulous job. And like Alex said, or actually your last color who I can't remember his name, Kevin? Yes, yes, yes, not as eloquent as Vance, but much most people are better than Warren because she attacks people. I mean, it's actually difficult for me to listen to her do a debate because it's like an attack as opposed to you know, if you made people wear corsets cumber buns, you know, maybe they'd take it more seriously because they'd have to watch how they were breathing. But yeah, it was very frustrating to hear her try to get the last word in on Deaton the end there where he's to have his full minute and stuff like that. When she does that, I mean, I can't relate to her on many levels. I'm a woman she doesn't have.
Speaker 2: She doesn't display much of a sense of humor. Not that a Senate debate is a laughathon.
Speaker 1: But she's almost I keep she reminds I see her sort of as a character in a late eighteen hundreds Western as the school teacher. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, children sit and you listen to me. You listen to what I have to say, because I know what I'm saying is the truth and you need.
Speaker 2: To accept the truth. But I just to me, she's off putting. I mean, I'm not a favor of her, her progressive platform. I mean, she would she would have the government run everything if she could. And it was funny time when they were talking about the fact that people.
Speaker 1: In Massachusetts, in Massachusetts, I cannot find a personal care physician, a family doctor, you know, but.
Speaker 4: There's absolutely these days.
Speaker 1: No, this is not Mississippi, this is not Montana.
Speaker 2: Uh, And I think back to you know, when when Obamacare, you know, passed, it was as as Joe Biden said, you know, this is a big deal. He had another word in the middle there, but I'm not going to say that on the radio.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And and of course Obamacare was preceded by Rodney Care here in Massachusetts. And I don't know what it is accomplished other than to make medical care less successible. If it takes a year to get a personal care physician, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I really don't.
Speaker 11: Well it's not just that, I don't know if you know this or not, but if you don't see your doctor in a certain amount of time, they will dump you. They will literally take you off. You will have to reapply as a new page. And there's a wait list.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Oh it's ridiculous. Do you remember what the timeframe was? Money three within three years. You have to go to your doctor within three years.
Speaker 1: You know. Again, I got to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: If look, if you have a doctor, I think you need to see your doctor at least annually and maybe as you get.
Speaker 1: Older, every six months. And so I could see that if a doctor said, look, I only can carry a patient, you know, load of I don't know, two hundred three hundred patients, and if three years does not see to me, not to mean to disagree with the Dawn, but I think it's not an unreasonable expectation. I mean, if you don't go to your doctor within three.
Speaker 11: Years, well, in this environment though, where you can't find a physician, I don't think it's feasible. Like you know, if say you've been out of the country or something and then you come back and it's like, oh, you have to find a new physician. It doesn't make it any sense to me. But as far as Warren and Daton.
Speaker 1: Go, just let me just finish on that point.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, if all of a sudden you were joining the military or you were joining the diplomatic corp and you're going to be out of the country, I would think that if you called most doctors and said, look, I'm going to be away for two or three years, but I'll be kind, you know, keep up my medicals and all that, I would bet you most doctors would say, will you call me when you come back, and you be all set. But I'm saying if all of a sudden they lose contact with the patient. I think I want to be defensive of doctors here. They they may say, hey, look this patient appears to have left my practice. Anyway, that's that's a we're down a rabbit hole there, and I don't want to do that to your don and we can.
Speaker 11: We cannot view No, No, I actually see your point of view.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I see yours as well. So well, look.
Speaker 11: So so as far as the debaker's I think that Deaton did an excellent job. I think that Warren did a horrible job. And if you look at Warren, Daton, and Walls and.
Speaker 1: Vance, JD Vance.
Speaker 11: And JD Vance and Trump and Kamala, they all have something in common, and that is that the Democrats unfortunately act very entitled. They don't appear as though they feel like they have to tell the American people what they're going to do. You know, the Republicans seem to be very straightforward about it. But you know, any I'm just going to.
Speaker 2: Pick a little, a little disagreement with you on one thing. I thought the Vance was much more polished and professional h than than Governor Waltz. I think Waltz had that weird look on.
Speaker 1: His face but I also think that no, I agree Vice President Harris basically Donald Trump gave the debate to when he starts talking about uh, you know, eating cats and dogs and uh in Springfield High I don't know.
Speaker 11: Who advised him, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I think anyone, any fear of person would say, uh. Vice President Harrison carried that debate in large part because she she she just looked.
Speaker 1: At him and kind of like, what is this guy talking about? And tonight I think I think that Elizabeth Warren was Elizabeth Warren. She's a she's a polished politician, and I think John Deaton came across as a litigator, as a as as very strong, I assume, in a very strong presentation in a quote of law. So I thought the debate tonight was fairly close. I'm surprised I haven't heard from some Warren supporters, but so far all of my listeners have said John Daton and uh, we We'll continue with this non scientific sampling of my audience.
Speaker 11: And don't I thank you for calling.
Speaker 1: I hope you can become a regular caller here at Nightside.
Speaker 11: I try, but I always am on hold for a while and I have to give up.
Speaker 6: But okay, well I'll.
Speaker 2: Try to I'll try to notice your name and I'll get you up to the head of the line. Okay, thanks Donna, Doctor oh.
Speaker 11: Worries, Take care, Dane.
Speaker 2: So I got one one line at six one seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, got a couple of line in six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. If you listen to the debate, if you watch the debate tonight on channel thirty eight, love to know what your response is. I suspected most Democrats, most Warren supporters, probably we were pleased with her performance, and obviously the Republican UH supporters are very pleased with with John Deeton's performance. Feel free to weigh in here. Okay, they had the stage for an hour. You can have the stage for four or five minutes here on Nightside, and you will actually reach a bigger audience than they will, because we're the only talk show in town talking politics that this are of the night, certainly local politics, and you're heard in thirty eight states. Don't be intimidated to give us a call. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Who exceeded expectations whatever, by whatever yardstick you have who won flat out one tonight's debate. And I'm not here to argue with I'm just here to get your your reaction will be right back on Nightside Night Side.
Speaker 10: It was Dan Ray on w BZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me go next to John in South Boston. John, you were next on Nightside.
Speaker 2: Your your thoughts on tonight's debate between Senator Warren and John Deaton.
Speaker 6: Oh, Danny, it's good to hear your voice back. Is Johnny Proll from Selby. I did the same thing, you know. I went to Channel four and then what the hell happened? And I finally got within ten minutes. I was on thirty eight. And I don't believe in coincidences. I think that was done for a reason.
Speaker 1: Oh, they mentioned it.
Speaker 2: I was watching the new news today on Channel four and they mentioned that the debate would be on their sister station, Channel thirty eight, and that it also would be live streamed on their their website. But I was stunned that it wasn't on channel for the you know, the the mothership of of well.
Speaker 6: I missed it. I was at the City council meeting today for the about all the work that's being done on the roads, and especially in southat They're a big mess, you know, but they're doing good work. They're in dangerous work. But my call was about nine thirty. As soon as I got off of that watching the debate, I thought of you right away. I said, Dan's going to be doing this stuff, so I got to give him a call. I was glad I got you.
Speaker 1: So how would you call it?
Speaker 6: I'm fighting on stay awake. This is what I thought of the debate. I love debates. And with that being said, I thought it was a great debate. Whether whether she faulted more than he did, that's another thing. But I thought the bait itself was was really good. I didn't know that much about Beaton. I know a lot more about him tonight, and I'm an unrolled voter and I'm definitely going to be going with them. I think. Just the other thing that I think twelve. I was elected in my union for quite a while, and I used to say, we all go kicking and screaming. You know, you keep on getting re elected reelected. Next thing, you know, you've got so many young guys behind you, say it's time to give it up, you know, let them get into getting involved with it. But yeah, and so I think twelve years is enough. I would hope that all senators could have twelve years and that would be enough, and just for the fresh faces and the different ideas. And so I think I'm definitely going to be heading in that direction of Deaton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sounny.
Speaker 2: The only US Senator who I can remember, there was a fellow from New Hampshire's name was Gordon Humphrey. He was an airline pilot by profession. He ran I think it was in nineteen eighty and he said he hoped to serve two terms, twelve years in the US Senate. And when he finished that second term, he announced he was not running for reelection.
Speaker 1: So he's the only one.
Speaker 12: Who I remember who have who have been, who have made a commitment and and and and actually followed through that commitment to serve only two terms.
Speaker 6: And I remember that that's just about when I got elected in my union, and I remember, if I could just tell you a quick story about that, because this is what's happened over the is my being a Democrat. My whole life, blue collar, my dad, factory worker, knew that the most important thing is to vote get involved with the government. And so I did that, and God bless him for giving me that advice. But yeah, back in the eighties, I remember my union president get up and saying, what the hell's the matter I'm hearing from a bunch of guys, you're going Republican, you know, with Reagan and the whole bit. And his best friend is best friend in the Union Hall stood up and said to him, Paul. He said, what you just said is wrong. We didn't leave. The Democratic Party is starting to leave us. And that was the start way back then and and it's gone that way. And if I could just give you one more points as the vice president and her being in the position season right now, I literally changed my political affiliation. The day after she was we had the Supreme Court u uh uh what was his name? I'm sorry? Uh? Tavanaugh and his wife, his wife and his children were sitting in the audience and Harris got on. She just wanted to get the cameras, you know how they are with the politicians and stuff. Oh God, she get it into being in college and having sex with somebody. And it was so disgusted in the questions that she asked him in front of his wife and his children. The next day, I went to Boston City Hall and I go there a lot. I was up to council meeting's all day today. That's why I missed the advertiser that they said it was on thirty eighth. But the next day I went to city Hall and I changed my affiliation. So maybe that.
Speaker 1: Was that was by the way, based on there was There was a woman I think her name was Christina Ford. She made the allegations, but she was not able to back them up in any way, shape or form. But the Democrats in that case basically accepted the allegations as truth in fact, which.
Speaker 6: Was so exact.
Speaker 1: I remembered very well. That was Brett Kavanaugh, Supreme Court Justice John Great, dear your voice, we'll talk so okay.
Speaker 6: Thanks yep, and I'll tell Rayfelin you said.
Speaker 1: Hello, please do okay, get my best and I'm guilty.
Speaker 6: I haven't called for a while, but this one gets my andrellin going. So thanks for listening to me.
Speaker 2: Back soon always welcome here. Let me go next to Tom is in Austin. Tom You're next on nights side. You got a chance to watch that debate today.
Speaker 8: What was your reaction, I did, Dan, thanks for taking my call. I just want to focus on the topic of immigration and the policy difference we saw in tonight's debate between John Beeden and Elizabeth Warren. The topic of immigration, it's personal for me. My wife immigrated legally to this country two years ago. She received her green card a year ago. She's now working as an English as a second language teacher at educating fellow immigrants on how to speak the English language so they can be productive members of our society. During tonight's debate, Elizabeth Warren stated several times that she supports a blanket pathway to citizenship for those who are in our country illegally. John Eaton mentioned how we have tens of thousands of illegal immigrants in this country who are convicted criminals, and those people need to be at the top of the list for deportation. We had an illegal migrant who raped the girl at the migrant hotel in Rockland. The migrants who are criminals, they need to be at the top of the list for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but by the way, I don't know that he's been convicted, he's been charged with that crime.
Speaker 7: I don't know he's been charged correct charged.
Speaker 8: With the crime. But any any convicted criminals who are who are here illegally, they gotta go in John Beaton, he said, next up on the list. But the deportation are those who are living off our tax dollars, living in hotels for free free phones, free meals, free cab rides. Dan Our state has spent over a billion dollars on this migrant crisis, and we're going to spend billions more if this continues to go on. Check Meanwhile, Moshouba Valley Carney hospitals have clothes. No help from Elizabeth Warren. It seems like she prefers given our billions to the migrants, will let multiple hospitals close in our state. Elizabeth Warren, she supports a broken immigration system. And I am voting for John Eaton because it's time for a change, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I got it well, said, strong, strongly presented. We've talked about that issue on this program now for years, and I just want to say that I stand at the head of the line in favor of legal immigration. I would not be here if my grandparents had not immigrated immigrated to this country legally, and I think It's an absolute insult to every legal immigrant and every person waiting around the world who's trying to come here legally. For us to wave people through and then basically immediately say it's time to make them all, you know, give them blanket citizenship.
Speaker 1: It's insane. It's insane.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how anyone can take that position. I believe I will give you a question, and I'll most people don't know the answer to this question. Do you know how many legal immigrants we naturalize in this country every year?
Speaker 1: Approximately?
Speaker 6: I do not know the answer, but I can tell you.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's less than a million. We're a country of three hundred and thirty million people. I think we can bubble or triple our legal immigration at the same time as telling the illegals here you got to go. If you want to get back in line with everyone else, come on back. But to put illegal immigrants who broke our laws to come across the border. And I've said this for years, but don't construme me as being anti immigrant. I am very pro immigrant. We need to know who's coming into this country and what skill set they bring to this country. I've said it before. We need doctors, and we need nurses, and we need medical professionals, and we don't need more lawyers. So if you're an if you were a legal immigrant coming here from Bangladesh or Pakistan, and you're a doctor, you have medical skills, or your nurse, you go to the headed lot you're a lawyer of trying to get in here from Ireland. Sorry, my friend, you got to go to the back of the line. We'll maybe get you in. But we're gonna, we're gonna, We're gonna know.
Speaker 1: Why, what people, what skill set they bring in the country, And we don't need a bunch of people to come into the country who are just gonna simply drain, you know, when drain our resources, our limited resources. I did a story last August.
Speaker 2: Do you know that there's a cab company on the Cape that've got a one a no big contract for six million dollars for cab rides.
Speaker 8: Unbelievable, unbelievable dollars. I agree with you one hundred percent, Dan, I support legal immigration. There's a lot of people who immigrate to this country who are productive members of our society and they add value, you know, they bring they bring knowledge, they bring skills, to the table. But you know, there needs to be a process where people can come in here in an orderly fashion, do some background checks, see who they are, and if everything checks out, let's welcome them with open arms.
Speaker 1: Couldn't agree with you more. Thank you so much. Tom, appreciate your call very much.
Speaker 8: Talk to you, Dan.
Speaker 1: All right, we get back. I got Audrey and Tom coming up. They'll be at the head of the line.
Speaker 2: I got a little bit of room for you at six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty six months, seven nine, three, one, ten thirty. I'm still looking for the first call of tonight. Who believes that Elizabeth Warren I carried the night. I don't think it was a blowout by any stretch of the imagination.
Speaker 1: I think, you know John Deaton, people didn't know him, and I think that he he commended his himself very well. But you were more than welcome to tell me why you thought either of the candidates one six one, seven, two, five four to ten thirty six months, seven nine, three, one ten thirty. Will be right back on night Side.
Speaker 10: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: The next we go to Audrey and andover Audrey, appreciate you calling in you next on nightside.
Speaker 11: Oh Hi, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing just great.
Speaker 2: I know we've dropped off a couple of times, but I thank you for your persistence.
Speaker 1: Go right ahead.
Speaker 13: Oh I know, thank you for taking my call again. So I just I want to just go back to the migrant sang and kind.
Speaker 6: Of question you you know, sure here.
Speaker 13: Legally, Thanks for lot. However, I do feel as though perhaps the migrant laws should be relooked at. And if it's my understanding and correct me, but I had my own family come over and they had to sponsor another, and sponsor another and sponsor another, and I don't know when that changed. They couldn't come over and less a family amount it could be responsible for them financially.
Speaker 1: Is that a question or an observation?
Speaker 13: No, I think it's a fact.
Speaker 7: But wondering.
Speaker 1: So that's that's yeah, that's that would be an observation. Go ahead, I'm just trying to follow this.
Speaker 13: That's just my understanding. However, now I feel like, you know, there are great migrants that come here and they're taking advantage of you know, you know, paid blessed and all that However, instead of say okay, come on over, it's against the law the way we're lost stand. So for anyone to support that is not following the process.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, look, we we there are ways in which people who have persecuted in other countries can claim asylum or make a claim of asylum.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: And that asylum is only based upon when you feel that your life is in danger in another country, the fact that you live in a in a poor country and you're having a tough time making a good living. We don't recogniz in terms of asylum claims economic conditions. I mean, I suspect probably seventy five percent of the world have given the chance, would come here if we recognize that you do better economically in the US.
Speaker 1: But if we don't have borders, we don't have a country at that point. I mean, you look at a map. I remember when you were in.
Speaker 2: High school, you said, Okay, that's Germany, that's England.
Speaker 1: They have borders. We have borders. I don't see how.
Speaker 2: People can support the hordes of illegal migrants coming across, even though some of them are fine people. Don't get me wrong, We have no idea who they are. We have no idea, what they're in. Their purpose is coming here. That's why you should have legal immigration. And I think we need more legal immigration.
Speaker 13: No, I honestly agree, only because you know, I mean, we're in the United States of America. And to think it's my sedule tax money is a single mother who work three jobs seeing schedule tax right is not so into kind of trying to that the people coming across the border and you know, holding them accountable and seeing if they're really in crisis and following the law, you know, and maybe changing some of the things they don't know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is there are ways in which people can legally claim asylum. They can go to different entrance points at all along the southern border and say I am here because I am in fear of my life. I live in Venezuela. And then you get you get a court hearing day the Trump administration had to stay in Mexico program. You sit there and you wait until you have a court hearing. Now people are allowed in and they're given court hearing seven or eight years from now, seven or eight years from now, you won't find.
Speaker 1: Those people, right.
Speaker 13: And you know, in Massachusetts, we're paying we're paying so much money for people that and people can't even afford their own bills, and they're paid.
Speaker 2: Billions of a billion dollars a year a bill.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 13: Say though, you know, I will vote, of course for Trump because really tired of this Biden administration and you know, the immediate need things. I have three children who want to build the American dream. And you know, despite their excellent education, et cetera, et cetera. You know, one of my sons actually said to me, you know, why bother like, why not just be happy in travel? I'm not going to be able to make it here, you know, which is sad.
Speaker 1: Right, I hear you.
Speaker 2: I do hear you, Audrey. I want to get one more caller in before the break. Thank you for calling.
Speaker 1: I have you called before this it's your first time calling.
Speaker 13: No, I've thought before.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 13: I really am call more.
Speaker 1: Often, call more off and I enjoyed the conversation. Thanks Audrey, Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Thanks by all right, goodnight.
Speaker 1: Let me get Tom.
Speaker 2: Tom get we'll get you in here before the eleven o'clock news.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Tom, Yeah, Dan, I'm going through an immigration process with a fiance and there is a form that's called one thirty four, and that is me showing that I have financial responsibility for her. And what has gone on with the Biden administration. These people here that we call illegal immigrants are basically people that have claimed asylum. Joe Biden made that clear as a candidate that they could let the caravans through in twenty nineteen, he said, as a candidate, and he would ask them to claim asylum. And Massachusetts has spent more than a one billion dollars out of a state budget for the migrants, and NIA is now.
Speaker 1: A billion dollars.
Speaker 2: We're well into our second year, so we're getting close to two billion dollars.
Speaker 1: It's a billion a.
Speaker 3: Year, right. But okay, so here's the point. Mara Healy last summer of twenty three said, if you have a spare bedroom, put up a migrant. In the town of Taunton, Massachusetts. There has been over one hundred and twenty families. I won't name the country, but they have been there since July of twenty twenty three. Okay, this is not positive for this country. And I have yet to hear one progressive make the argument of how this is good. We do not have a broken immigration system in this country. The problem we have is we have allowed too many people unlawfully to enter the United States. And I'm really sick and tired of hearing that narrative. And I if I go back forty years ago, I had a friend and a coworker from the country of Eritrea, a place I never knew of.
Speaker 1: And he Adopia Ethiopia.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yeah, it's an east eastern Africa. But anyway, he asked me, could I sign for his sister to come over to America. And I told him, I go Mesmer. I have two hundred dollars in my savings account. I have no money, all right. So it used to be that way in this country. And somewhere along the line in nineteen eighty six when Reagan passed the amnesty bill for two to three million people in this country, the deal was back then and that we're going to secure the Mexican border. It never happened. And what really drives me up the wall as a labor union member is that labor unions for years fought increases in immigration to compete with their rank and file. And they were the ones that during the during during the Clinton years, they were the ones that pushed the Democrats to pass the everified bill. It has never happened, and I'm just really tired of it. And all right, talk you have.
Speaker 2: I only got fifteen seconds left before that train called the eleven o'clock News is coming at us.
Speaker 3: Take care, Dan, Bobbie, thank you, my friend.
Speaker 2: All Right, we have to get out of the way for the eleven o'clock news, and we'll continue our conversation if you'd like to talk about tonight's debate that you heard here in large part on WBZ, or if you watch an institality on Channel thirty eight between Elizabeth Warren and John Deaton, love to know what you think, what you what's your reaction to it? Is six one seven five four ten thirty one line there and one line of six one seven nine three one ten thirty b right back on night Side