Speaker 1: Tomorrow morning. The JAB and Sandy Hour starts at seven. Be listening from seven until eight o'clock. If you can't, search JB and Sandy on the iHeartRadio and listen when you want. Andy Murphy and Pete Davidson got a new movie coming out. It's called The Pickup. It's a heist comedy. We've got the trailer for you in just a second. It's The Sandy Show. I'm Sandy and this is Trishia real quick for you guys, since Father's Day is this weekend. Here the top five movie dads of all time. Arnold Schwartzenegger and Jingle All the Way, Bruce Willis and Armageddon, Robin Williams.
Speaker 2: And Missus Doubtfire, La.
Speaker 1: Clark Griswell Chevy Chase in the Vacation series, and number one Liam Neeson and Taken Ryan Mills will have very certain.
Speaker 3: Set of skills. I love that movie.
Speaker 1: So those are your top five movie dads. Now, this is an interesting combination. I have really grown to like Pete Davidson. He never has someone done so much with so.
Speaker 4: Little, right right, I am becoming more fond of him. He's not really movie star attractive. Don't find him inredibly funny.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: He's very odd looking, yes, but there's something really likable about him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean he's not gonna win any Academy Awards, but like eleven, I know he's been in what that show The Rookie that our daughter Lander and I love.
Speaker 3: He's pretty good money in the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like him, maybe because he's a little older now, I don't know, but he is teamed up with an A lister, Eddie Murphy. Good move, Pete. Anybody that gets a chance to do a movie with Eddie Murphy, you say, yes, yep, you do it.
Speaker 2: I do it. I do it.
Speaker 1: So it's called the pickup. I thought you guys might enjoy the trailer. Got it for you right here.
Speaker 2: This is my twenty fifth winning anniversary. If I'm just done with my wife tonight, I will be shot.
Speaker 3: Don't do anything stupid.
Speaker 2: Whatever gets you home to your wife in time for your special.
Speaker 3: Day on Mercury.
Speaker 2: You were supposed to tired, moving on to a new career. You're pivoting this late.
Speaker 3: How old do you think I am?
Speaker 5: Well, you're black, so you look forty, but he could be up to ninety. Pull over and you won't get hurt. We're gonna die.
Speaker 2: Calm down a train.
Speaker 3: I took a fifteen hour online course. What training on to day change your plans?
Speaker 6: You two are gonna help me steal sixty million dollars from the casino because if you don't, your wife's did.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 4: They're the officers in an armored truck and they just have to complete this last day of pickup before he retires and whatever happens with Pete Davidson and somebody kidnaps him and makes some help him rob a casino.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it. It sounds a good popcorn in summer movie.
Speaker 4: Right, right, honey, Yeah, Eddie Murphy, Time Stars is gonna back again.
Speaker 2: Right. That's a funny life.
Speaker 1: I mean, you could be forty, you could be ninety. I had that conversation with a buddy of mine once. Yeah, and it was very funny.
Speaker 2: Very very funny. So it's called the pickup. Let's see.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I wish I could tell you when it comes out, I should have done my homework. Then't do it. If you can find it real quick, that would be excellent. All right, I'm gonna guess it's coming out maybe Thanksgiving, but I just said it's gonna be a summer.
Speaker 4: Time release state November. Nope, Nope, that was two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you. We'll take a break. We'll get back to you on that all right again. It's called the Pickup More coming up on one O three point one, Austin's eighties station and streaming on the iHeartRadio app. Hey, it's Jbi and Sandy for our friends at Kowala Cooling, Scott and Stacy. You know, the same great people behind kangaroof that I've been telling you about for a while. They are the same people that own Koala Cooling and Plumbing. They're great people to know, and they're really great to know if you've got AC problems.
Speaker 7: When I do big, big decisions like this, I like to know the owners. Yeah, I've met Scott and Stacy, great people. You do not want to get caught with your pants down in Texas with a broken air conditioner. The way to prevent that, even if your AC's working fine right now, is to set up a service plan, have them come check it, and it may end up saving you a bunch of money. If you're unfortunately in the need of help right now, call them immediately to get you cooled off again, because it's only going to get worse in the next few months.
Speaker 2: And don't forget about plumbing.
Speaker 1: If you've been putting off for repair for a leaky fast or a clogged drain, Kowala can help you out with that too. Contact them at Kowala Cooling dot com or call five one two seven eight eight hundred. The owner of the Breaking bad House is not fan friendly. Tricia's got the details in the story We love in just a moment. But Tricia, here we are midweek and has naked season ended?
Speaker 3: You know what? We don't have a naked story yet.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: And it's like this is peak peak pre Father's Day is peak naked season?
Speaker 8: I know?
Speaker 4: Is it because it's been raining a lot in the country. I guess you don't got naked when it's raining.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't stop. I don't know, but who knows.
Speaker 1: Watch We'll have a plethora of them, a plethora of them coming our way tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The story is We Laves.
Speaker 3: And Now live from the Lesser Whole Studio.
Speaker 4: Here's Trisha Delicia So the owner, the current owner of the Breaking bad House in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Is not a friendly fan lover all the people who come by the house to see it, to take pictures with it. She is not a fan of the fans. Not everybody got that memo. There was an influencer named Santi who recently spent the day with the owner. Her name is Joanne Cantania, and they witnessed her interactions with the breaking band bad fans, and he said she spends most of her days yelling at the fans not to get clute too close, or to just take a picture and leave. She also has pulled out the water hose and sprayed people with the water hose to get them away from the house. And one guy who told her it's like, He's like, dude, it's it's famous. We're fans, and she goes the whole world is a fan. It doesn't impress me. She's married the.
Speaker 2: Owner of the house, or she owned it for a long time.
Speaker 4: I feel like she's owned it for a while because she recently put it on the market for four million dollars. The yard is fenced in, but she still gets upset when people stand on the sidewalk or even in the street to look at the house.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, it's public property. They totally can do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she's had the house on the market since January for four million dollars, which is probably a little bit much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little steep for Walter to the White's house.
Speaker 4: Deep, But yeah, she's spraying people down who stop to look at the house.
Speaker 2: That's not going to get you anywhere, lady.
Speaker 3: I don't think it is.
Speaker 2: Get some curtains, are some blinds.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean, not be a prisoner in your house. But are you spending that much time outside?
Speaker 2: Right? And I bet the neighbors hate it too?
Speaker 3: Probably? Probably?
Speaker 2: So you still should watch that.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, Sandy, how many times do I try? I tried three times.
Speaker 2: It's say one more. It's like me in the wire.
Speaker 3: You said one more. Where's the magic number?
Speaker 1: I said, It's like me watching the I can't. Everyone says it's great, all my buddies say it's great. I can't get there.
Speaker 2: It's all let it go. You know you shouldn't watch Breaking Better?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, well, now, don't tell me I can't watch it.
Speaker 1: You can't watch it out your band? You're a band from watching Walter White do his DV I.
Speaker 3: So badly want to like it.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what you mean. It's like I said the TV show The Wire. Yeah, I can't get there. Yeah, just can't do that story. We love Stay with us more coming up on Austin's eighty station one O three point one and streaming at one O three to one Austin dot Com. Okay, So I've been on this this health kick now for about nine months and I'm all into it, right. I'm taking the supplements Tricia sets out my vitamins. I'm working out five six days a week. I'm feeling stronger. You know that feeling when your body feels strong the best, It is the best. And I'm all into it. But I've found a line, Tris. I sent you a link to this article so you can fill in the details. But it's this basically says that heteros sexual couples that cuddle before bedtime will be healthier.
Speaker 4: No, I draw the line right there. Here's the part where I'm all, I'm out. It promotes a more secure attachment between the partners, oh and lower stress levels.
Speaker 3: But here's how they phrased it.
Speaker 4: They examined one hundred and forty three bed sharing couples.
Speaker 2: That's not us, I know.
Speaker 4: I wonder what the term is for those like us who sleep in separate beds. Analyzing the association between physical closeness at sleep onset. Basically, they're saying that the key benefits happen. The magic happens as you are drifting off to sleep, right as you're going into the onset of sleep, you should cuddle. No, thank you, I'd never be able to fall asleep cuddling with somebody.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest about cuddling, all right, it's always after about thirty seconds, It's like, I really want to move my arm, but I don't want to move my.
Speaker 3: Arms because it's too soon to move. Is she gonna get mad at if I move right?
Speaker 2: I'm starting to sweat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's heavy right now.
Speaker 2: It just eight. I feel kind of bloated.
Speaker 1: I just want to lay here in my underpants and yeah, I got a bust one right now I can't.
Speaker 2: No, it's but did you ever toot in bed? Seriously?
Speaker 4: I mean, of course people toot. Anybody who says that they don't toot lie.
Speaker 2: But when you lift up.
Speaker 1: The covers is when you smell it, you don't you know what I when you lift the covers up in it like the wind moves.
Speaker 4: This, Yes, do you do that on purpose to smell your fart? Sometimes you're disgusting. Wow, don't act like you to night. Don't act like you don't you don't. You just can't smell your toots.
Speaker 3: I didn't say that. I didn't.
Speaker 4: I said what I don't actively do is raise the covers so I can smell them.
Speaker 2: I'm curiosity doesn't get you, No.
Speaker 3: It does not.
Speaker 4: And by the way, ninety percent of the time I don't smell like anything. Just saying you don't eat that, I don't think it has any I think this is the efficiency of my body.
Speaker 1: Per You're perfect, your perfect, perfect body. Ridiculous, You're ridiculous. Thanks, we'll take a quick break. Stay with us. More coming up. This is the Sandy Show.
Speaker 3: One three one Austin dot Com.
Speaker 1: One of the best things about having a swimming pool is being able to get in the pool whenever you want.
Speaker 3: Whenever you want naked, if you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whenever you want to get up in the morning you just want to go outside, take off your shorts.
Speaker 2: And jump in the pool, you can do it. Yep.
Speaker 1: But some people are finding it better to have a pool so they can rent the swimming pool out.
Speaker 2: Yep, this is big, big business.
Speaker 4: This is big and this app came up during COVID. The app is called Swimple, which I think is funny. Simply swim swimply. I love a clever name. So swimply let you rent out private pools by the hour. They're doing it in over one hundred and fifty cities and hosts can rake in serious side income. One guy said that he's made over one hundred thousand dollars in a year renting out his swimming pool in his backyard by the hour.
Speaker 3: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: Is it worth it?
Speaker 1: I mean having strangers in your backyard all summer long?
Speaker 4: What I'm wondering. I mean, you are in control of when it's rented out. So if you're like this weekend, I want it for myself, you can, but say you rent it out for a Thursday afternoon. Like are you just home inside your house doing your stuff and just people are having a blast in your pool outside?
Speaker 3: Total strangers?
Speaker 2: It sounds like to be And I mean, how many times do you have to deal with this? Continue?
Speaker 3: Use your bathroom's your bathroom to.
Speaker 1: Tell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, there's very specific rules.
Speaker 4: One of the things though that is new and they're going through some growing paints with this, is that insurance quirks. Yeah, like, I bet you have to have a lot of insurance coverage for that neighbors and etiquette with the neighbors if you're bugging them, city regulations for them.
Speaker 1: To leave, getting them to leave, Yeah, your time is up. Yeah, they're in your backyard. No, I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like and if I were the person rinting the pool, I would be very aware that I was a guest and potentially that owner is home. Right, I would feel like I was being watched at all times.
Speaker 1: I would do and I wouldn't. I just wouldn't be comfortable. Like, it's different if you're at your friend's house in their pool. It's just different, right, right to do this, It's like some things that like I have a friend that rents out a car of his.
Speaker 3: I know a couple of people who do that.
Speaker 1: That's smart, right, I mean, because you don't have to be there take they just take.
Speaker 3: The car, right, right. Insurance, of course.
Speaker 1: We've talked about the RBO and airbnb, and that can be profitable right, Yes, also be pain in the butt, but it can be profit depends on how you do it. You gotta have the property manager for that. Yeah, you can rent out anything.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 4: And it's risky too, because pools are dangerous, yes they are. People don't always make the right decisions in pools, so I can't. I would imagine that the insurance thing is a big, big portion.
Speaker 2: I was gonna runt out my backyard swimming pool.
Speaker 1: I would put the big lifeguard stand up and I would sit in that lifeguard stand and with a whistle and I mean no running, stop running. No, I'd be blowing that whistle. I'd be all over. I'd have the adults swim the swim break. Well, you'd make me mad when they kick us out, all the adults out, all the kids out. Yeah, at the public pool, and then so the parents can get in and swim.
Speaker 2: Really Yeah. Now, I'm still laughing about our daughter at camp.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: She went to a military leadership academy last week and she called Tricia and she said, Mom, they finally let us swim, but we didn't get the fun swim.
Speaker 2: We had to swim laps.
Speaker 3: They to simulate diving in to the bottom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pushing off on the bottom and then coming up and treading water for a period of time their hands behind It not fun swimming right.
Speaker 1: With their hands behind their back, which is hysterecle. And then I didn't they have to show that they could swim with one arm.
Speaker 4: They had to swim and they were dragging somebody, like saving somebody and taking the side of the pool. So they're one arm that would be holding the body would have it would have to be out straight while they yeah, paddled with the other art.
Speaker 1: I mean, she just enjoy your summer swims. Friends, All right, stick around, We've got more coming up.
Speaker 3: Three one Austin dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey, make sure you're with us tomorrow. You know what tomorrow is, tris we're gonna play the feud. Oh yeah, we're gonna play.
Speaker 3: The playing with those tainted cards that were.
Speaker 1: Cards, Tricia rig they're not their official cards. Family Feud, Survey says, face off cards because we know that they're not fake, because it's got Steve Harvey's picture.
Speaker 4: Does Steve Harvey have his mustache in the picture.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course Steve Harvey has his mustache. We'll play tomorrow is your daily audio five. Okay, Tricia, you know the movie Mean Girls? Yes, I do, Amanda Sifreed. Yes, She's not happy because she thinks Paramount owes her money for merchandise that they sold and she does not get any of it.
Speaker 2: Here she is in an interview with Adam Brody. Have you rewatched Mean Girls?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 3: It's on often enough, though, And you know what, I love it. I really love seeing my face on people's T shirts.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 8: I mean I'm a little resentful because Paramount still owes me some money, But I or the T shirts for the likeness of the Like every store sells Mean Girls T shirts with our faces on photographs And I'm like, do I was is because I was seventeen and dumb?
Speaker 3: Or is it just that like you you know what I mean? But I just I love I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's right, she should get some of that and she doesn't, and she doesn't. So she had a lawyer up. That's what she ought to do. How many times have I said that teenage boys are the dumbest creatures walk in the face of you have?
Speaker 2: Because they are?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean some of them really are.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was one of them. I was dumb, dumb, dumb teenage boys. I tell our daughter, Yeah, every single boy between the age of thirteen and twenty five is the dumbest creature walking in the face of the earth.
Speaker 2: And I've got proof.
Speaker 1: Teenage baseball player in New Mexico who urinated in a jug of water and thirteen people drank out of it has had all his charges drop.
Speaker 4: That is, I saw that headline and I would love to know why.
Speaker 1: Well, here is the District Attorney, Jessica Martinez with Santoval County, explaining why it's not a crime.
Speaker 9: In New Mexico. Battery consists of the unlawful touching of another person in a route and insolent manner. So in this case, we don't have any touching of another person. New Mexico doesn't have a statue that makes it criminal for someone to mess with someone else's food or pee in.
Speaker 2: A water bottle.
Speaker 9: While the act is gross and not right, it's not a crime in New Mexico.
Speaker 1: If I'm a state congressman, state rep or state Senator, I am filing a bill as soon as I possibly can make it a crime.
Speaker 3: Right, you can't, I mean, that's disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean if it were if it had been something that he spiked the water with that had made people sick, I wonder if that's a crime, right, just because it was urine and they're like, yeah, that's not really that bad.
Speaker 3: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something's going to get this kid.
Speaker 1: I hope it's his dad, you know what I mean, Like, dude, Yeah, sometimes I'm with him.
Speaker 2: So glad we didn't have a boy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You never have to worry about a girl peeing into a water jug with only teenage boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Finally, sly Stone, who is the grandmaster of sly and the Family Stone, died at eighty two years old. His family released a statement that said, it is with profound sadness that we announced the passing of our beloved dad sly Stone of sly and the Family Stone. That statement came out the other day he passed. He was battling with COPD and other health issues. But we put together a montage of some of the most popular songs and a few clips from the documentary called sly Lives.
Speaker 2: Sorry, friends, but we can't play it on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Rip to the Sly to the Slide. That's our audio file more coming up. Thanks for being with us today, for just joining us. As we recommend often, Please please try to get here a little bit earlier yesterday or tomorrow. You can't go You can't go to yesterday unless you've got a DeLorean and a crazy friend.
Speaker 3: Try and get here a little earlier yesterday.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work. That's it.
Speaker 1: Try to get here a little earlier tomorrow, or stay up today by streaming the podcast version of the show.
Speaker 2: It's available every day.
Speaker 1: Search the Sandy Show where you get your podcast, and drop us a text. We love hearing find me seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred.
Speaker 2: Before we go. Some of the things we learned, Trisha.
Speaker 4: All right, We learned that rich people are no longer shelling out hundreds, if not thousands of dollars for fine wine bottles of expensive wine. They have now moved to fine waters. They even have people in the industry called water so mall years Wow, saying that when they drink the water, they can tell you, based on how it tastes, what part of the world is from the rivers of Tasmania.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just thinking about some kid in a third world country that's got a hike six miles to get a bucket of water.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Right now, these people are having water somoliers tell them where the watershom Those kids don't care where the water comes from. It would just like to drink some anyway. Ridiculous. Just because you got money doesn't mean you have sense.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 4: Another thing we talked about, there was a study done that cuddling couples. Couples who snuggle with each other as they are drifting off to sleep have key health benefits less stress, less anxiety, also a closer connection with their partner.
Speaker 1: I will stay unhealthy and stressed, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: I will never go to sleep if I'm cuddling with somebody, it will never happen.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do that either.
Speaker 4: And finally, Eddie Murphy and Pete Davidson made a moybe called The Pickup. It's going to start streaming on Prime Video on August sixth. Here's the trailer. It looks good.
Speaker 2: This is my twenty fifth winning anniversary. If I'm miss dine with my wife and I I will be shot.
Speaker 3: Don't do anything stupid.
Speaker 5: Whatever gets you home to your wife in time for your special day.
Speaker 2: Have you on a nursery You were.
Speaker 3: Supposed to retire from moving on to a new career.
Speaker 2: You're pivoting this late.
Speaker 3: Well, how old do you think I am?
Speaker 5: Pull You're black, so you look forty, but you can be up to ninety. Pull over and you won't get hurt. We're gonna die.
Speaker 2: Calm down, remember your train. I took a fifteen hour online course. What training? Ohs good?
Speaker 3: Change your plans.
Speaker 6: You two are gonna help me steal sixty million dollars from the casino because if you don't.
Speaker 3: Your wife's did.
Speaker 4: August sixth, you said August sixth on Prime.
Speaker 1: All right, that looks good. I'll watch it. Have a great day everybody. By the way, that earlier we were talking about Slide from Slide and the family stone passing away, and that documentary is called Sly Lives. All right, have a great day. We'll do this again tomorrow. Until then, don't take any crap from anybody. Hey, it's Jabi and Sandy for our friends at Kowala Cooling, Scott and Stacy. You know the same great people behind kangaroof that I've been telling you about for a while. They are the same people that own Koala Cooling and Plumbing. They're great people to know and they're really great to know if you've got AC problems.
Speaker 7: When I do big, big decisions like this, I like to know the owners. Yeah, I've met Scott and Stacey, great people. You do not want to get caught with your pants down in Texas with a broken air conditioner. The way to prevent that, even if your AC's working fine right now is to set up a service plan, have them come check it, and it may end up saving you a bunch of money. If you're unfortunately in the need of help right now, call them immediately to get you cool off again because it's only going to get worse in the next few months.
Speaker 2: And don't forget about plumbing.
Speaker 1: If you've been putting off for repair for a leaky faust or a clog drain, Kowala can help you out with that too. Contact them at Koala Cooling dot com or call five one two seven nine eighty eight hundred