Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's the Sandy Show where we are proud to team up with our bank. Open your account conveniently online at www dot r dot bank. Remember FDI S, You're about to find out how sentimental JB is. All right, I've got a question for him that will kind of play into being sentimental, if you'll hang on for just a second before we do that. I got you mentioned a little bit ago. YETI right, And I've got a question about Yetti's. Do you do you you own a Yetti I'm sure, right, jb Uh, Yeah, I'm talking about the cups, I'm sorry, the tumblers and all that stuff that we have thirty of them.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, because they're superior.
Speaker 2: And at some point in your life did you ever say I'm not paying forty bucks for a Tumblr?
Speaker 1: But you did.
Speaker 4: We're almost all gifts because it's like it's it's such a popular gift to give.
Speaker 1: And yet who doesn't love another Yetti cup? Right? Right?
Speaker 4: So it's you know, it's branded for parties or companies. Yeah, I don't. I've never bought one like best swag gift ever.
Speaker 2: So here's my question about YETI I've had the same YETI for probably five years. We have more than one, but I have a favorite one right In fact, I have it right here. Do you feel like yety? Over time, the tumblers lose their strength and power to freezing strength. They're freezing strength because I'm convinced. I'm convinced that mine doesn't keep things as cold as it did in years past.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I have not noticed that. I'll think about it.
Speaker 4: Maybe because I have so many, I'm rotating through them a lot. Yeah, I don't have like a go to favorite.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't.
Speaker 5: I have a theory that it is happening because that seal, that plastic ring that goes between on the I think it just gets old.
Speaker 3: We've had them again almost five years.
Speaker 4: I think maybe I have bought just a little replacement lids and tops and stuff. My daughter loses them all the time. She goes nowhere without a YETI yeah, oh yeah, because so she she won't drink city tap water, okay, because of the way they treat it. There's there's I don't want to get into the controversy there, but so you know, she gets you know, filtered water at home or you know, a water system or whatever. So she carries like a half gallon or even a gallon jug with her all the time.
Speaker 1: Really takes a lot of water.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: People think that's full of mountain dew when they see her.
Speaker 2: The only person that carries a jug that big has got mountain dew in it.
Speaker 1: But so she's got it. She won't.
Speaker 6: She's always with one. Oh yeah, And of course she's you know, a wake surf coat. She's out on the lake all day too, so every time I see her, she's got her big Yetti giant.
Speaker 2: The headquarters on Southwest Parkway. M yeahrap, wow, Okay.
Speaker 5: I think there's so much better sorry than hydroflasks, and they're the new craze right now is the owallas O w A L l a's.
Speaker 3: I just think the Yetties are the best.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you.
Speaker 6: Yetti didn't see coming his old Stanley up on him, something about like the guys are still Yetti guys, but whenn have migrated to the Stanley, it seems.
Speaker 1: Doesn't it feel that way? It does? I think part of it is drinking out of a straw, is it not.
Speaker 3: I think you can get the straw option with the Yetti too, though.
Speaker 5: I think that maybe people don't know that but yeah, Stanley came out of nowhere, and they keep rotating their colors, like their cool colors, and they can get cool little straw toppers like Landry is a straw topper on her Stanley that's.
Speaker 3: A cowboy hat. Like you can get flowers and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I think that that's what the draw is with the Stanley.
Speaker 4: I had a friend that used to work in e commerce at YETI, and he's like, you want to talk about gifts, dads and grads. That's the biggest holidays. They're their biggest sales, dads and grads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's perfect, perfect gift question for you, JB. This is when you're gonna get find out how sentimental JB is. Do you own anything other than your home? Do you own anything that if someone gave you a million dollars said I'll give you a million dollars for that, you turn them down.
Speaker 3: Nope, that's what I said. That was exactly my answer.
Speaker 4: I used to be more sentimental about things. You know, you know what a carnt I was. Yeah, you know, I'd think, oh, this is going to be an heirloom for my daughter someday. This classic I'm not. I don't care about stuff anymore. I used to nothing. I'd even sell my dogs for a million bucks.
Speaker 1: I love the honest. Now now my wife would not take that deal. She's got sentimental things.
Speaker 6: No, no, the dogs, dogs, Yeah, but no, there's there's nothing.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's stuff, right, stuff, Sandy asked me.
Speaker 5: He's like, what about I have my grandmother's and my grandfather's matching wedding greens. I have the set, one of my most prized possessions. And he's like, what if somebody offered you a million dollars for those? And I was like, I would hesitate, but then my grandfather would be in my ear going, you're.
Speaker 3: An idiot if you give those rings to him for a million dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, sentimental, but a million bucks in cash.
Speaker 4: I'm not as sentimental about stuff anymore. I think that comes with age too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. It's but it's random what you are sentimental about. Like, sentimental is different for everybody, right, you know, it could be just something stupid, like my mother kept you know, the little when a baby is born, their belly button turns brown and falls off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mom kept those.
Speaker 3: That makes me not so weird.
Speaker 1: We have our daughter's umbilical and storage. That's the first stem cells. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I have all of Landry's teeth and a little a little thing to me repras that.
Speaker 6: We've been paying some company who says they haven't right.
Speaker 1: You might have gone in the trash in two thousand and one. I don't know. Tristan's got the teeth.
Speaker 3: Later Landry's teeth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have anything like that. Nothing.
Speaker 5: My mom kept a sign that I ate when I was a baby that said Freeway entrance that then came out in my diaper.
Speaker 3: She washed it off.
Speaker 1: And with my baby book, we didn't even do a baby book. You know, it's like, wow, Trista did for about five six days, is that right?
Speaker 5: Increct I did it for I think I got up to a year and it was good for like three and I was like, I'm out, Like you can see how detailed it was at the beginning. And then the older she got eight, nine, ten months, I just bet like yep or a date.
Speaker 3: But I did it for a year.
Speaker 2: Any sibling out there that got older brothers and sisters, they don't have a baby book at all.
Speaker 1: I was third in line, and yeah, they're not even photos of me.
Speaker 2: Very few of mine, but the one that survived is so embarrassing of me. Trisa tell JB that the high chair one.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's on his first birthday.
Speaker 1: I'll show you why you talk.
Speaker 5: Get it, Okay, it's his first birthday and they have him wedged into this high chair.
Speaker 3: He was so big at the age of one.
Speaker 1: That doesn't surprise me at all.
Speaker 5: Barely giant baby Sandy stepped into this high chair with this hat on. I mean, it's an incredible It's this black and white picture. So I had it blown up and it's made a statue. We made a statue out of it, like it's all cut out around it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's about to show.
Speaker 5: You a baby Sandy.
Speaker 3: Giant age of one. Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's my birthday. It's my first, my first birthday. How my mother birthed that child? I have no idea, no clue. You were not a C section, Nope, I was not giant giant, Oh my god. And he would wake up in the middle of the night and just stand in his room.
Speaker 3: And go egg.
Speaker 6: Egg.
Speaker 3: Does Mama get up and fix him an egg?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, my mom's bird, she goes. I'd get up my feed the little turd. I'd make the egg, I'd go in there and I'd throw it in his crib and go back to sleep.
Speaker 1: It was a zoom animal stick around.
Speaker 2: Uh. Still to come on the show today, there's a big music festival that's happening in Jbi's hometown in Georgetown, Texas.
Speaker 1: It's a big, big show. Uh, we're going to tell you about it, and I also talk about how.
Speaker 2: Cool Georgetown has become, not the Georgetown you grew up in anymore.
Speaker 1: No, so it's not even close. Stay with us.
Speaker 2: It's coming up on Austin's eighty station one O three point one. The Sandy Show is brought to you by our Bank. Transitioning to our Bank is just a click away at www dot or dot bank member fdi C. It's the JB and Sandy Hour. Thanks for being with us. Tomorrow The JB and Sandy Hour is from eight until nine. Same thing on Thursday and Friday from seven until eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: Grab the podcast as well.
Speaker 2: Just search the Sandy Show look for the ones labeled the JB and Sandy Show. Another quick reminder that on Saturday, November ninth, there is a fundraiser for a friend, longtime listener. Her name is Jennifer Frizzel. It is going to be at the Mill, which is at ninety one twelve Anderson Mill Road. It starts at three point thirty live music, twenty five dollars, barbecue plates, live auction. It should be a great time if you can make it to see you to get out and support a friend and a longtime listener of the JV and Sandy Show.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: That's November ninth, three point thirty at the Mill, ninety one twelve Anderson Mill Road. There is a pretty cool music festival, JB. You're a great person to talk about this. That's happening of all places Georgetown. It's not their first I remember they did it last year for sure, but it's called the Two Step In. Just to give you an idea of how big this is and some of the names of the acts that are going to be there, the headliner on Saturday, the fifth of April is Alan Jackson and Miranda Lambert.
Speaker 1: That's been huge, It's pretty damn big.
Speaker 2: Also on the bill Diamond Rio, Tracy Bird Eli Young Band is going to be playing Walker Montgomery and then also and then on Sunday. Now this might get me to San Gabriel Park in Georgetown on April to sixth, because I'm a huge Sturgil Simpson fan. Ye, and he is blining on Sunday along with What's left. I guess of Leonard Skinnard. They're gonna be playing too. What be pretty fun?
Speaker 4: Now, that's interesting, the Sturgel thing, because most of those sound like nineties country.
Speaker 1: The Sturgel stuff, he says.
Speaker 4: The other people, the other names you mentioned, yeah, more throwback. Yeah, yeah, Sturgel is like pretty new right, that sounds I mean, sounds just like Haggard.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Ryan Bingham who everybody knows, isn't that the guy in Yellowstone?
Speaker 1: Ryan Bingham? Yep? Ryan Bingham, he's going to be playing.
Speaker 2: Nelly is going to be playing on Sunday the sixth, Aaron Tip and that's.
Speaker 1: An old name. See.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there were a bunch of nineties names in there. That's fancy Georgetown growing all up.
Speaker 6: But they don't have a venue there, so well, I guess they're building a stage just like we do in Zilker Park.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, yeah, at San Gabriel in San Gabriel Party, which do you ever think growing up in Georgetown, Texas, that there'd be a music best.
Speaker 1: Like the New Step In. There was nothing to do there growing up. Nothing in the eighties.
Speaker 3: There were you couldn't drink there.
Speaker 1: You couldn't buy a beer there. No, there was nothing to do.
Speaker 4: There was nothing to do except drink beer and fight. You know's go get beer. Drive to Wallburg get beer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know around rock get beer, and then go back and drink it and fight.
Speaker 1: There was nothing.
Speaker 4: I just can't believe how like how grown up Georgetown is now. Like yeah, and when I drive through there and I I I duck in there sometimes because I have a trailer I keep in a storage place just on the south side of Georgetown, and sometimes when I drop it off, I'll go, Oh, I'll go CRUs dude, And I found this cool little wine bar and there's just some great places, and you know, they they really really embraced like the square activity on the kends.
Speaker 6: People are walking around and out and I was like, there was none of this growing up. It was just hillbillies.
Speaker 1: And you know what we were.
Speaker 4: We were the best hillbillies though, because although there was nothing to do and we were so redneck back then, we could we would at least look down our nose at the Cedar Choppers and the Leanderthals.
Speaker 1: And now you.
Speaker 4: Look at Cedar Park and Leander and they're all sophisticated I know, same thing. Yeah, like they've just grown up into these cool little places like Yeah, I just did not see that kind of.
Speaker 5: I think Georgetown recently hosted like a film festival. I mean, they have a lot of stuff going on. They're getting very horty tony, aren't they.
Speaker 2: Fastest growing city in the country for three years in a row. By the way, twenty twenty one, Georgetown grew by nearly eleven percent, fourteen percent in twenty twenty two, and eleven percent again in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Wow, I think the same Georgetown anymore? No, I haven't.
Speaker 4: I mean we when we lived in like it's an area called Serenata that was the edge of town and there wasn't even the lake there.
Speaker 6: Really, Wow, they hadn't damned up that river yet. There was no Lake Georgetown. I forgot about Lake Georgetown.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we would go out. That was where we'd go drink and fight. It was called Fourth Booties. Fourth Booties. That was just an.
Speaker 1: Area way out. You go way out.
Speaker 6: Williams Drive towards where the lake is now and just country roads and everyone would just high school kids congregate and drink fight and.
Speaker 1: Southwestern University much then I know it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Southwestern has always been pretty legit in that little area, like from Maine to like University drive down to South Gorgeous. Yeah, that's where my middle school was on that strip. It's an old building. I look at it now and I'm just like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: So what year did you move out of this hell hole?
Speaker 3: It now sounds amazing.
Speaker 4: Nineteen eighty five? And then I did my senior year at Westwood. Oh, we moved to Austin, right. That had to be a culture shock, didn't I know? My you know, my older sisters were graduated and you know, and I had just broken up with a girlfriend, and my mom felt bad. She took a job in Austin and a car dealership, and she's like, think about moving to Austin.
Speaker 1: I'm like, let's go. I'll start packing. I was so ready to go. I wanted out of there so bad.
Speaker 2: And the cross country croach at Westwood was thrilled to have you, wasn't he.
Speaker 1: You qualified? For state.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I ran State every year all four years. But I wasn't crazy. I wasn't good enough to run in college or anything that damn asthma.
Speaker 6: Running.
Speaker 4: But man, yeah, Georgetown like and it's funny too. I was like not, maybe a couple of years ago. Of course, everything was insane a couple of years ago, maybe it'll settle down. I was like, oh, maybe I buy some investment property in Georgetown and maybe we retire up there later, right and sell this and the prices, I was like, uh, maybe not. I was shocked at how expensive everything is.
Speaker 1: You know. What Georgia I.
Speaker 2: Like is like Bertram and out that direction towards Marble Falls and little past Marble Falls burn it.
Speaker 1: I love that area out near Lake LBJ.
Speaker 2: I've been out there a lot lately, playing golf with some bodies of mine out there.
Speaker 6: Lake LBJ used to be a pretty affordable vacation home kind of thing.
Speaker 2: All right, well, what's what's west of that? Yeah, Tricia just wants to live somewhere once in her life where there's seasons.
Speaker 1: I get that. Yeah, oh yeah, you've only ever lived in Austin.
Speaker 3: Only the heat, only ever had the heat.
Speaker 5: I want to live somewhere with seasons, and I want to live somewhere that I have enough land that maybe I could have a horse.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, my daughter talks about that.
Speaker 4: You know, she's you know, she was born in Dallas but back by four months, so she's.
Speaker 1: I know, we just barely missed it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but she's like, I just I want to experience living somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like that your whole life? Oh?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, Unlescially, she wants to live you know, by the ocean. She loves it, and yeah, you know, at some point you should just go do it then, sooner probably better than later.
Speaker 5: Out I think that Sandy and I have been talking about it more. Our daughter's fifteen. She's a sophomore in high school, so we're not going to move anytime before she graduates.
Speaker 3: But after that, I'm off home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll keep we have a place to come to here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a whole famili's here, but to be able to just go and see what it's.
Speaker 3: Like to live somewhere else.
Speaker 5: I've literally lived in almost every single pocket, every single section of Austin.
Speaker 4: Well, I've been thinking same forever, Like Austin, I's all these Californians coming here. Let's just go take California. Yeah, let's all go there. Let them have this. Yeahla, take the southern California seventy degrees year round.
Speaker 1: Jokes on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, kidding, right, it is. It's the JB and Sandy. But Tricia, it's Jam and Sandy. I don't forget tomorrow. It's from eight until nine o'clock. But Tricia, I know her well enough that if she went somewhere like where it was legit cold, like.
Speaker 3: I love it, like Illinois cold, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's awful. No, and so I have.
Speaker 4: So we moved to Georgetown when I was in middle school, but I lived in Kansas and Missouri as a young young kid. And until you've had to put chains on your tires, yeah, and then what's even worse is when the snow's been there a long time and it's starting to melt and it's just muddy and disgusting and it's all over your car and you're swashing through it, or you have to go shovel a sidewalk.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you the worst, the worst.
Speaker 2: Having grown up in high school and college in Nebraska, when the when the snow melts and you have to go out and pick up all the dog poop that's been out there all winter long in the back rob because it was too cold and miserable to go out and pick it up when they did it. And now it's all mixed in with the wet elk snow.
Speaker 1: It's brutal. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it's beautiful looking when it first hits, right, But I mean if.
Speaker 5: You go and you live somewhere that there's actually four different seasons just a short time, just like three months, right.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: I was on a business trip last month and I was in New Hampshire and the leaves were changing and everyone was just giddy over.
Speaker 3: It and like happy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Lots of tourists that come up and like, I'm like, it's it's September and I don't want to wear a sweater yet, Like you know, everyone had on jacket and it is super cold at night.
Speaker 7: I'm like, it's still September. That's still summer to me. I feel like the people in New Hampshire that come up to look at the leaves. My mom was one of them for twenty years. They would go up and down the East Coast, but.
Speaker 2: There's the same people at some point in their life they wake up and they're bird watchers too.
Speaker 3: When did that happen?
Speaker 1: When did that happen? The next thing?
Speaker 2: I have a friend, It's like I don't know when it happened, but all of a sudden, now my wife and I are all into watching birds.
Speaker 1: Dude, you need to get out more often. All right, it's rough.
Speaker 2: We are thrilled about our partnership with our bank and encourage you to find out how our bank can help you. Go to www dot org dot bank member FDIIC. All right, a little extended JB and Sandy hour because we need to talk about something very important. T shirt wars, T shirt.
Speaker 1: Wars there or brewing on the internet.
Speaker 4: I know Sandy and I guess have gotten at the same point in our life where you just don't want to think about what you're wearing.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: I know you have on a collared shirt today. I had to go to a office, so I do something with a collar.
Speaker 6: And and we were talking about just our love of like you know, nice colored T shirts and you can buy like packs of five or ten, and it's like I have a stack in my closet. I just feel like, I don't have to think about what to wear so much. And these are shirts that don't say anything on them. That's why I don't need anything that says anything on it.
Speaker 4: No, And so I've tried a few different I'm trying to find the right brand and then just settle into it because I'm just you know, probably like a lot of you listening, sometimes you're in between sizes, you know, and then depending on the brand and buying things online that can be tricky. And I'm like between ax large and extra large all the time. So it's hard to find the right thing. And I you know, I tried a few. True Classics is one that Mott and Bow we talked about. I realized their their collar gets kind of crunchy and it looks like it's wrinkly.
Speaker 5: Y'all are like the consumer reports of T shirts. You've tried so many different brands.
Speaker 4: And the the what's the one I just mentioned, true true Classic. I'll get your Classic clean. They they just they're comfortable, but just a little too thin. Yeah, I don't I don't like to I don't like poking through.
Speaker 2: Like I need nipple caps sometimes.
Speaker 1: The Barrician was last week not bad.
Speaker 3: But hair on it.
Speaker 4: And if you're dude and and you start looking at these on like it gets in your social feed, you just get bombarded with all. And then you mentioned fresh clean teas and I bought a pack of five of those. That's what I'm wearing now, this green one with like a slight.
Speaker 1: Ven which I like. I've never tried.
Speaker 6: I like it and it's I'll give it a nine on softness. The fit is good, it's not too baggy or anything like. I'm I'm pretty happy with this one. That's great gifts.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you bought your if you're like your boyfriend or husband or whatever, it's got a birthday or something coming, get him a pack of the ease of five of those.
Speaker 1: He'll love you long time. I know I'd be so excited about, Oh, new batches.
Speaker 3: Also fresh teas.
Speaker 5: Fresh clean teas. They come in long too, for like big and tall. They come with the longer leaks, which is what Sandy needs with.
Speaker 2: That's my big battle with sure, I'm so long waisted that I have to get the tall version of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Fresh, It's one of those things, like like you're saying, who wouldn't love that? Getting that as a gift, you know, because we hang on to the old teas for too long. And the other day when we were talking about Costco, you mentioned, oh, their socks are great.
Speaker 1: When's the last.
Speaker 4: Time I went through and just threw out a bunch of old socks and replenished like a good feeling.
Speaker 3: It's a great feeling. And you probably have like.
Speaker 5: A huge joryful of socks and you probably wear like five pairs of them, right yeah.
Speaker 2: Not lately though, I'm talking because as we've mentioned several times, and not to be that annoying people that mentioned all the time, Tristia and I are walking about four and a half miles a day and Jab you know this because you're a workout guy, always have been.
Speaker 1: Boy, you go through some clothes laundry, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then they get your your gym type clothes because most of the time, you know, it's so hot here.
Speaker 4: You guys are just in shorts and teacher shorts, right yeah, shorts and T shirts. And at a certain point they hit a point of no return that the washing machine.
Speaker 1: That has just killed them.
Speaker 4: It just waves the white flag when you're sweat gets on it. Like at a certain point you just go and it. It feels clean when you put it on, and then it activates. Is this old workout shirt has just been activated and you can just smell it and then it's like sandy, you'll remember this, like do you remember what? Like you're under the football pads shirt in your locker. Yeah, you go card and just skiff. You can hold it up straight.
Speaker 1: Stand on its own. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's the most smell.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that was different.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's like that for high school kids anymore. I think they washed everything for him now.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's funny that the college kids are like pros and then the high school kids are like college kids now with what they have.
Speaker 1: I got to tell you, QUI funny story, JB.
Speaker 2: We mentioned walking, and yesterday Trisha and I were out on the path and these two women had started at about the same time as us. And one of the women had on like just yoga pants and uh, like a tank top shirt, and the other one had on shorts and she had a fanny pack on, which is really unattracted and and Tricia, We're just walking along man, not say anything, and then she goes to me, she goes, she got nice ass doesn't she.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then I go, yeah, she does, and and uh Trista later on, she goes, well, why don't we speed up and go around?
Speaker 1: Like no, I'm fine, I'm fine right here.
Speaker 5: I was like, you're looking at her butt, are you? And he's like, yeah, yes, I am. I was like, I'm looking at her butt. She had some of those good Lululemon yoga pants on.
Speaker 4: Like that's like, I hope my wife isn't listening right now, but she wouldn't be surprised. I love going grocery shopping, which is unusual I think for a lot of guys in the relationship, but I love going to flagship Whole Foods.
Speaker 1: It's yoga pants Central.
Speaker 3: That's what I like to go.
Speaker 6: It's part of it. I mean, I like grocery shopping. I love grocery shopping. But that's just a bonus. And we're almost out of that season, you know. Yeah, no, we're trying to go but not the but not the jog bras.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Yoga pants.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just get a little I don't know when that kicked in that women were just so comfortable going into public places in like tight yoga pants and.
Speaker 1: Just a jog bra. Yeah, I love it all for it. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: I had to make Sandy go around them. I was like, dude, they're walking too slow. Go around.
Speaker 1: Stay with US war coming up and don't forget.
Speaker 2: You can stream US online at one O three one Austin dot com. You can say good night to this one.