Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology. We'll let you taco one on one one w jr R.
Speaker 2: But you're freaking.
Speaker 3: Idiots, all right? Hey, fifteen minutes or so, if you haven't voted for you say we play it yet? Please do your votes on the JR Facebook page might win you four day passes for Welcome to Rockville.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Get your voting for which rise Against song you want us to play? At nine? There's three of them to choose from. And how do we pick the Welcome to Rockville winner? We just randomly pick somebody the wheel of randomness. We spin this big old wheel and then just go hunk. That's me, point in my finger. That's what that hoop was.
Speaker 3: A hospital administrator here in Florida arrived to work to find it kind of an unusual scene on the sidewalk near the entrance to uh hospital.
Speaker 2: Somebody bleeding.
Speaker 3: Well, no, that wouldn't be an unusual thing. I mean, it's a hospital, after all, on a sidewalk bleed and it would be an emergency room drop off. You know, we've seen the movies. Yeah, No, it was a possum walking in circles rapidly. Uh, And it just kept walking in circles and walking in circles. And when the administrator went back of several hours later, the possum was still walking in circles.
Speaker 2: You got a call a vet or something like that. I think that maybe it went to the hospital because it has high blood pressure from walking in circles.
Speaker 3: Actually, the administrator did call someone from a place called A little Bit Wildlife Rescue, who one of their representatives name Elizabeth Azarello, showed up, drove over an hour to get there. Elizabeth got the uh, the critter in her custody and suspected she knew what was going on with him, but he might have a little ear infection going on, have some possum vertico happening. And well, she took the possum with her and give him some antibiotics, and I guess things got better.
Speaker 2: Kept him inside, monitoring him. So this is just some purinam yond Ken Doug.
Speaker 1: We just got like every new drink in it.
Speaker 4: But I'm like, quit looking, just floppy out the ears.
Speaker 2: So he's eating now. Checked him complete, I find nothing on him.
Speaker 1: He's got a couple of little old scratches.
Speaker 4: He had a tick on him.
Speaker 1: He was doing doing better.
Speaker 2: Why did she have to go to the baby tacos? Thinking she has such a little subtle voice, a.
Speaker 3: Little possum eric going on taco.
Speaker 2: She should read the little kids with that voice until she gets to that.
Speaker 3: You need.
Speaker 2: Don't talk cutesy to animals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're real cute till they show their possum teeth.
Speaker 2: Oh god, man, possum. Those are one thing. Then I kind of not one thing, obviously, I have a lot of different things I'm you know, not too fond of, but no like scared of, like roaches and such. But possum hissing at you. It's worse when I used to catch them and I traps and then go release them out in the wild and they you you're up in that trap and you just want to jump jump up on something high.
Speaker 3: Are the possum is the one that make that weird howling noise that you hear always hear off in the distance. I'm not talking like coyote type stuff like.
Speaker 2: That sounds like an owl.
Speaker 3: The owls are more like who.
Speaker 4: What not?
Speaker 3: I don't think that.
Speaker 2: So this the little guy with the ear infection was doing the exact opposite of playing possum.
Speaker 3: I'm okay with possums. Armadillo's are a different story. Them some bitches. I don't mind Armadillo's besides the leprosy. They care destroyed my backyard many years ago. Then I destroyed them Armadilla's.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, there are pain when it comes to your yard, but my yard sucks anyway.
Speaker 3: See, you've heard the term doom scrolling, right, you just endlessly scroll on your phone. Okay, Yeah, Now there's doom spending. Apparently Americans are self soothing by shelling out cash. It's not happen. Twenty seven percent of Americans doom spend to cope with stress. Forty percent of people doom spend more now than they did a year ago. It's basically spending money you don't have and know you shouldn't be spending what you do anyway. Yeah, to receive a an immediate, you know, satisfaction from a new purchase. The numbers highest with gen zers and millennials.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like being on Amazon, just cruise along and saying, you know, I could use that, I could use this, I get that thing, and I've showed it to you before. Offers dot Com and every day I get a new email with these different offers, and I have scooped up some really good deals. Remember I saved one hundred dollars on my Blackstone. But it's also kind of addictive.
Speaker 3: Are they gonna have today?
Speaker 2: I would never even wear crocs, but now.
Speaker 3: You find yourself. I might buy a paradox. Maybe my wife for kidding on them. They don't want them. Dude. I had the spy evidence again this week. And my buddy were just sitting out Saturday watching college football bs and drinking some beers, and he mentioned that his wife might be looking to buy a some sort of Jeep whatever.
Speaker 2: It popped up all over your phone, right on.
Speaker 3: My phone the next day, all of a sudden, it's setting me messages about Jeep Grand Cherokees and stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't need a Jeep Grand Cherokee. You watch now, it's gonna pop up on a computer. Earlier during the show, right at the beginning of the show, we were talking about how I started watching the Penguin yesterday. I know I'm late to the game, but I started watching it. There's a penguin add about twenty minutes later.
Speaker 3: I'm not kidding, I asked in a little bit of a tease earlier, you think someone could survive falling off a skyscraper.
Speaker 2: Obviously somebody did, right.
Speaker 3: No, No, but Ai apparently thinks that there's a way to do that and offers up some tips.
Speaker 4: If you fall off a skyscraper, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of survival. First, relax your body by moving your arms and legs.
Speaker 3: Like you're gonna think to do all this stuff as you're hurtling towards earth in the concrete to.
Speaker 2: Keep them loose.
Speaker 4: Then aim to land on something that can break your fall, like a tree instead of the concrete pot.
Speaker 3: You're not wearing a wingsuit, buddy, And how are you finding a tree in downtown?
Speaker 2: Well, position yourself.
Speaker 4: To land on your feet, distribute the shock your legs, but try to roll upon impact to reduce injury.
Speaker 3: So you got it. You want to loosen up your arms and legs, and then you want to aim towards something to break your fall, like a tree. And when you finally have positioned yourself to crash through the tree, then position yourself to try to land on your feet to evenly distribute the impact.
Speaker 2: I think I'm just giving up. I'm just going cannonball style. I'm gonna make that sidewalk, make a cannonball wave, maximum impact.
Speaker 3: I gotta go.
Speaker 2: Over somebody's nice bends. You'd never believe what happened in my car today. I gotta call Farmers. They think they've seen it all. It's some scrawny guy turn into a cannonball coming off the This massive building, Guardian Skstation is w JR R