Speaker 1: Seven hundred wl WELL.
Speaker 2: The heat wave officially ends today, but it will still be humid. Temperaters only reach the load in mid eighties, but with all the humidity, chances for storms fire up throughout the late morning and early afternoon hours. Expect to have to dodge a few downpours throughout the afternoon. For rese your weather station, I'm nine first Morning Meteorologist Cameron Harten on NewsRadio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: OUR next update is at six point thirty. I'm Whitney Harris News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: News twenty four hours a day, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Jeff Wellernissan dot Com eight two day.
Speaker 4: First official hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, August thirty, first, twenty twenty four. I'm Gary Jeff Walker, and we seem to have some kind of issue with the signal this morning. If you're noticing this, believe me we are too. But never fear. Liam Townlinson, as producer of this program, has contacted the iHeart Tech support team. It is a crack staff and I'm of course speaking to their acumen and not their addictions. And by the way, it support technical support team leave the crack for the on air people.
Speaker 1: Please, that is that is our purview.
Speaker 4: Oh, Dave, Dave, Dave, It's time for day.
Speaker 1: Take away the trees. The take away the trees and the birds will have to sit upon the ground. Take away the wings. Birds will have to walk to get around.
Speaker 5: And take away the dirt.
Speaker 4: Take away the bird bath. Dirty birds will soon be everywhere, take away take.
Speaker 1: Away their feathers. The birds will walk around in underwear. Imagine that.
Speaker 6: Share chair.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Dave.
Speaker 7: Good morning Gared, Jeff.
Speaker 8: How we're doing.
Speaker 1: We're doing fine.
Speaker 4: We got the crack staff on this technical issue we've been having. Are you have you been listening to us at all?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Have you noticed a crackling in the signal from time to time?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 8: Seriously no, no, no, uh you know and pop, but there's been some crackling.
Speaker 1: Any snaps, No snaps.
Speaker 10: I was wondering if as my.
Speaker 11: Headphones, But I no, it's not your headphones.
Speaker 4: It's it's our signal. Now I don't hear it right now, I will be honest with you. Yes, it's only temporarily in random. It's very random, kind of like your humor. Yes, oh, speaking of it, which, speaking.
Speaker 12: Of which, what do you get what do you call it when a lion of skips from the zoo?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 13: Well, that's a catastrophe.
Speaker 1: No, that joke was a catastrophe.
Speaker 12: Well, that's why, but off of it.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that's okay, that's right. From from worse to first.
Speaker 14: Dave, Okay, did you hear that the guy invented caller passed away?
Speaker 1: The guy who invented caller passed away?
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm not sure about his name, but apparently there's not going to be any coughing.
Speaker 1: That is truly terrible.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Well, uh, what do you call it when the letter A uses the bathroom?
Speaker 4: In the letter A, he uses the bathroom. That's the most ridiculous premise ever for a joke. Please tell me what happens when the letter A uses the bathroom.
Speaker 7: Well, it's a but it's a bowel movement.
Speaker 15: Jokes told by day from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time. We deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 1: Is America is the freedom of speech, even for stupid people. America is bikini tops and Daisy Douke. Yeah, you won't find that in France. No, all they have is soft cheese. America. I believe in the American.
Speaker 16: Dreams, rudest dream the room, and so does Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 1: Sweetest man on the air. Bill Cunningham, is America. I am a great American. He's mister Red, White.
Speaker 17: And Blue Bill Cunningham. Monday at twelve noon on seven hundred W L W.
Speaker 15: Rich Terfels Jewelers, Cincinnati's most trusted jeweler since eighteen ninety six.
Speaker 4: At any time during the day, especially in the afternoon, you could see some scattered thunderstorms rumbling through. Nothing like what they're experiencing elsewhere around the country, but yeah, it could be some strong storms with the heat and humidity of the day building a high of eighty four tomorrow high of eighty nine by fireworks time for the western and southern WEBN fireworks we're talking about seventy seven, pretty nice and Monday Sonny and eighty one and that all of that wet stuff out of here for a couple of days at least.
Speaker 1: It's seventy five.
Speaker 4: Right now, it's seven hundred wlweven colors. Kids, see the popping. I think I just start of snap Dave coming up on six fourteen on a Saturday morning. How you're doing the last of August? And that means that summer's just about over after this past week and the plus almost one hundred degree heat indexes. Maybe you find that is a welcoming thing. Either way, time marches on and it's important to understand the significance of the passage of time. Here's the old radio Rick Washburn chiming in this morning with a reception report.
Speaker 1: How are we doing, thanky, Good.
Speaker 12: Morning, Jerry, Jeff. Well you're coming in. I can say about four by three. But a lot of that's the storm is not actually your your guys technical issue, which by the way, is really weird because between me being on hold and listening to you hearing you trust really and listening on with the cat listening on the streaming, it's inconsistent when it does the weird thing being all distorted and yeah, but is.
Speaker 1: It just like a temporary thing? And then it goes away.
Speaker 12: Yes, and it seems like when it's specifically been the weather and the news. But it's done it with you a few times and noticed it on the phone. But then if I kicked the radio one while I'm on hold, it's not doing it over the radio.
Speaker 4: So okay, it's very bizarry and it's playing a mind trick. It's a Jedi mind trick on all of us this morning. I'm convinced that there's truly nothing technically wrong. We've all been hypnotized into thinking that there's something wrong.
Speaker 12: See, it's management that's done it. To see how many people call in to get a gauge on how many listeners you.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, listen, Rick, trust me.
Speaker 4: Management doesn't Management doesn't do anything.
Speaker 13: So.
Speaker 12: Not at this hour in the morning.
Speaker 1: Is that skiddy sounding off? There?
Speaker 12: It is you just turned nineteen and two wants the world to know it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: Is incredible for a for a cat, a dog, or any kind of domesticated animal, I mean, unless it's a turtle or a parrot.
Speaker 12: They seem to love the old radios. That's what keeps him around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, Brooksy loves the nineteen forty one Filco especially when Moe Egger is on. For some reason, we haven't figured that out. He flocks to the radio when Moe's voice is on at the end of the show.
Speaker 12: Well, he's invested too, because he helped me restore it.
Speaker 4: That's right. You do have cat helpers. He had Brooksy for a helper when you were coming and fixing hours.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and he loved it.
Speaker 4: In fact, he loved He loves scattering your little parts all around the table, playing with him.
Speaker 12: Hey, keeps me sharp. I love it.
Speaker 4: So what radio are you listening to or listening on him? Trying to listen to it?
Speaker 12: Well, this morning it is a Dolco thirty two to oh one. It's from nineteen thirty four to six tube and this is one of those that is part of the Don't Go Light system, which was a system where if you had a rural home or a farm home that didn't have utility power yet that it would run lighting and a few appliances with the sixteen to two vault batteries and there was a Kerosene powered engine that ran a generator to keep them charged. You could put all those in your garage, your barn or what have you, and lighting and then Delco also sold everything from vacuum cleaners to some other small appliances, toasters, so forth, as well as radios, and this one was probably the first one that Delco actually came out with that didn't also require batteries if it ran completely on the thirty two volts, which is cool. And it's a tombstone. It is wood, it's a table model, flat tops, its basically rectangular. Not the most attractive cabinet in my opinion in the World's not bad looking, but one of those with the super tiny little dial You get to put your readers on and really squint to see it in a dial aand that lights up almost enough that if you're in a pitch black cave, you could tell there's a light on, but you can't really see the numbers.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, so that's helpful.
Speaker 12: Oh yes, but now it's a it's a five by five. But hey, let's go to the catalog, shall we.
Speaker 1: Sure my favorite part.
Speaker 12: Designed by men with modern and complete engineering facilities, with a thought to the future.
Speaker 1: Design their job.
Speaker 12: I don't want any of dardened women designed ones, for it is always crazy.
Speaker 14: Only as would say absolutely Delco assures you of the latest scientific developments, highest quality and most amazing values.
Speaker 12: Interesting because if you have a thirty two volt Delco light system, you're pretty limited as to which radios you could buy whatever. But the oh, where is it? The American broadcast and one police band range which means the AM goes all the way up to seventeen for a near tuning unit, which means it's adjustable. So that's helpful. Special high sensitivity six inch full floating dynamic speaker. It's bolted in place.
Speaker 1: I don't it floats.
Speaker 4: So my question is you say the name Delco, and everybody associates that. People of a certain age associate that with sound systems in cars because Delco was the major manufacturer. I guess for GM and there were others. But I had an original AC Delco installed AM radio eight track tape player in a seventy four Monte Carlo that I had for a few years.
Speaker 7: Sweet.
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, it's it's and that is exactly the company. It's the Delco company related to General Motors, started out as United Motors Service, and the Delco that created the Delco light system was a sister company. It wasn't the same company, per se, but they sort of kind of merged and the differentiation just kind of disappeared over the years. So it's the same company, but same again with ac Delco. They made everything from spark plugs and other replacement parts for cars and engines and so forth, and most of the Delco radios et cetera were manufactured in Cocomo, Indiana.
Speaker 1: Made great in dash car radios.
Speaker 4: Those people did listen Ricky as always, Thank you very much. Have a fantastic holiday weekend, and if you'd like to get in touch with mister Washburn, you can try them at Old Radio.
Speaker 1: Rick at gmail dot com says right the fest of all.
Speaker 14: Touchdown twenty boards Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 18: Oh, let the ball pop out of his head, Get it up, Bengals, all on.
Speaker 1: It good, Ready for a hell of a season. Bite for the line Touchdown.
Speaker 13: On seven hundred WLWYD talks time of.
Speaker 1: The best Bengals covering.
Speaker 19: We had the appetizer last week. Now it's time to feast. College football is back. Don't miss any of the action. Jump in with Draft Kings Sportsbook. It's a full slate of games for Week one, including a big matchup in Atlanta between the preseason Number one and Number sixteen. This is going to be DraftKings biggest college football season to date. Enjoy the ride through the expanded playoffs plus all newbies getting into the college football spirit. Here's something extra special for you new DraftKings customers. Bet five dollars to get two hundred and fifty and bonus bets. Instantly download the DraftKings sportsbook up now and use the coach seven hundred WLW. That's the code seven hundred WLW for new customers. You get two hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours. Gambling problem called one hundred Gambler twenty one plus Ohio only. Eligibility restrictions apply. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see dkang, dot co slash ft ball.
Speaker 17: Still missed our twenty twenty four iHeartRadio Music Festival Boom Well.
Speaker 2: The heat wave officially ends today, but it will still be humid. Temperatures only reach the load in mid eighties, but with all the humidity, chances for storms fire up throughout the late morning and early afternoon hours. Expect to have to dodge a few downpours throughout the afternoon for mis of your weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harten on NewsRadio seven hundred WLW seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 4: High school football now in its second week, Big Week, and Liam has the reports from last night.
Speaker 16: The Saint X defeated Centerville thirty four to ten. Mohler topped Bishop Dwanger forty two to eighteen. Harvest Prep dominated Purcell Marion.
Speaker 4: You gonna be careful when you say bishop, is it Bishop Dwanger? Is that what you said, Dwanger? I'm not sure? Go ahead, sorry.
Speaker 16: Harvest Prep defeated Purcell Marion forty six to eight. Indian Hill handed handled Northwest thirty five to twelve. Marymont shut out Norwood forty eight to nothing. Holy Cross was also shut out by the Sayer Spartans forty nine to nothing. Dayton topped Gallatin County twenty four to fourteen, and Newport handled Carroll County thirty six to fourteen. In Indiana, Batesville edged Milan twenty seven to twenty six. Harrison defeated East Central thirty five to twenty eight, and Lawrenceburg shutout Taylor fifteen to nothing.
Speaker 1: Excellent is that it. There's a lot that's gonna We can go through everyone if you want.
Speaker 4: How much time we got maybe another minute?
Speaker 16: South Dearborn shut out Madison twenty to nothing. Shelbyville falls to Rushville twenty eight to seven. Franklin County dominates Connersville fifty four to thirteen. Bishop Brosser tops Walton Verona thirty one to six. Wagner falls to Grant County thirty three to fourteen. Eminence handles Bellevue thirty three to twelve.
Speaker 1: I knew Eminence could do it.
Speaker 16: Highlands tops Covington Catholic thirty two to twenty two. In a rivalry matchup, Ryle dominates Connor forty three to eight. Dixie destroys Hughes sixty six to nineteen. Right North College Hill Lloyd defeats Boone County forty five to seven.
Speaker 1: I hate Lloyd. He's so annoying. I think he's a good guy.
Speaker 4: The Reds lose a double header last night at gab in the afternoon and in the evening to the Milwaukee Brewers, who have their number. They'll continue the series for some unknown reason again today and all the action here on the Home of the Red seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: Here's what's trending from the Iheartsports Network presented by Draft Kings fantasy sports.
Speaker 18: Tragedy in the world of sports as Columbus Bluejackets winger Johnny Goudreau and his brother Matthew were killed on Thursday night by a suspective trunk driver. The first half of the Reds Devil header did not go their way after the Brewer has managed to score the winning run in the tenth and take the series opener, and Saberman's basketball lance a keats Argut for their twenty twenty five in Privy Class and four star point guard Nick Lewis.
Speaker 1: I'm Jadie Harn.
Speaker 21: Check out what DraftKings has to offer this season with code Sports.
Speaker 1: Because life's more fun when you're in on the action.
Speaker 2: Draft Kay, So that's some good news. Tempters only reached the load to mid eighties. The issue is it's still a humid and that means chances for showers and storms. Late morning early afternoon looks to be the best time frame for those. Any of these could pack a punch and cost some strong storms from a severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: Right now, seventy one degrees and dry. The pollen is high this morning. Get that pill in if you need to. Right now, it's six thirty six and I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at seven o'clock on news radio seven hundred wlw's.
Speaker 3: News twenty four hours a day, News Radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 22: I'm toasting you said, honey, we may be thrown. You'll never care me comps where the whiskey round landon there days, I'm blue.
Speaker 4: Holiday weekend in country Bumpkin Paradise. Let's go east, my friends, to how Now Brown County and the lovely village of Ripley, Ohio, right there in the banks of the Ohio River, to a place called Brookies on Main Street where the gang awaits.
Speaker 1: Good morning Gang, Good morning, oh Now.
Speaker 4: First and foremost, we have some some kudos to deliver some congratulations to one green Hornet Sherry who last weekend at the Harry Todge Festival honoring the memory and the legacy of the late Great Harry Todge.
Speaker 1: You you won an award, did you not Sherry.
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 23: Yes, I'm the twenty twenty four Golden Girl of Ripley.
Speaker 9: Wow, I have a crown.
Speaker 23: I have a crown and everything.
Speaker 4: Now this is this is the same award that at one time is stell Getty's be Arthur Rue McClanahan and Betty White won I remember the gold There you go.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I'm in a very afullic group.
Speaker 1: Hey, we have a birthday girl here this morning.
Speaker 23: Lisa's here this morning and she he's the big six.
Speaker 1: Oh well does she want you saying that on the radio.
Speaker 23: It's a little light now.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 1: Well, how are you.
Speaker 4: Doing, Lisa, our old friend of of round Steak Fame, Kentucky.
Speaker 10: I am doing.
Speaker 23: I am doing wonderful. And we have we have my better half Alan here, and of course we have the little white demon dog Dina.
Speaker 1: Well, the dog, this dog is.
Speaker 4: It's a tiny little Chihuahua and it is the most vicious animal perhaps on the face of the earth.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't think, yes it is.
Speaker 9: You wouldn't.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't think that something so tiny could quite possibly rip your karateid artery out.
Speaker 1: But this dog, if any of them can do it, would do it.
Speaker 23: Yepf Darren, I'll tell you. I'm sure he'll tell you.
Speaker 8: Cristal will tell you till.
Speaker 1: You should have named the thing Satan. Good lord.
Speaker 23: Oh, actually, Dinah was a sweet little dog until Alan came along.
Speaker 8: She does not like anyone near Allan.
Speaker 23: Now if I was holding her, she wouldn't do that, but you can't, especially a woman cannot go near Allan.
Speaker 9: She's very tellous.
Speaker 4: Well you know what that could That could eventually help you out too, Lisa, So that's good. It's good to have a guard dog on your man. Twenty four to seven.
Speaker 23: Exactly, Well, we weathered the storms here in Ripley had had a lot of trees.
Speaker 24: Down, and they on your power back in powers back on.
Speaker 23: You know Brookies, Well, no Brookies, what bok Brookies is having a really good band tonight.
Speaker 8: It's called Joe.
Speaker 23: Cow's Band and they're gonna rock the house. So real good band out about once.
Speaker 4: Here's news that this is place to be by the way, you guys, you know, Doug and Angie have a generator at their house, so if it ever goes out, just go to dougging. You know where dougg an Angie is. They got plenty of food in the fridge and the freezer, and Doug will be happy to cook you something up. And you know, yeah, there's a big there's a big apartment complex across the street. If any of them are listening, just go across the street to Dug an Angie box. Yeah, hey, Doug, you Doug, Doug, you do you mind if I give out the address on the air.
Speaker 8: You pretty well did that.
Speaker 1: Listen, guys, I got a roll. Is there anything else, Doug.
Speaker 12: Quart, anything else there?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: And by the way, Darren and Doug and everybody there, Sherry, thanks for having Chris Goins and eye out for our farewell tour last Sunday.
Speaker 1: We had a blast.
Speaker 8: Thank you have done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, find if.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a farewell tour, I'd say we'd do it again, but you know it is probably will it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Six forty one. Bye guys. Steve Fromton, Ohio waiting in the wings.
Speaker 17: Seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati, available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 6: We need your help to protect your right to AM radio in your car ability.
Speaker 4: Today with the building of humidity throughout the day, and yeah, the humidity is still with us, unfortunately high up to eighty four. Tomorrow we're up to eighty nine. But by fireworks time the western Southern WEBN fireworks around seventy seven with a nice little breeze and partly cloudy skies. No rain in sight for Tomorrow night, Monday, Sonny on Labor Day and eighty one seven one hundred WL Sport Willam Townlinson tell me about it.
Speaker 16: Week one college football continues tonight. Cincinnati hosts the Towson Tigers. This afternoon. Kickoff is set for two to thirty. You can listen to that game on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Kentucky takes on Southern miss ESPN fifteen thirty will carry that action beginning at seven thirty. The Orange and Blue are back in action against Montreal as c tonight. The team looks to get back in the win call and following their loss to enter Miami. Pregame coverage begins at seven. Kickoff is set for seven to forty. Catch the action on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Week two high school football, Roger Bacon shuts out Western Hills forty seven to nothing. Oak Hills fell to Middletown thirty four to fourteen. Clark Montssori Boat Race, Fayetteville Perry fifty eight to nothing. Mount Healthy Tops for All sixty two to thirty five. Fairfield beat Cole Raine thirty three to thirteen. Wyoming defeated Monroe twenty three to six. Lachland lost at Bethel Tate twenty eight to three. Witton Woods pulls out the winover Kings twenty to five, and shot E Feltz Madeira forty one to nineteen. Threads are back in action tonight. Inside pitch begins at six point fifteen. First pitch seven to fifteen. Catch all the action right here on the Home of the Red seven hundred WLW Are you.
Speaker 25: A Claremont County veteran who's experiencing an unforeseen and overwhelming financial situation?
Speaker 1: The Claremont County Veteran Service Office.
Speaker 4: I've ever heard when it comes to politics From RFK Junior's vice presidential running mate when he was in the race, Nicole Shanahan, Let's roll.
Speaker 1: That, Liam.
Speaker 26: Are you or your loved ones suffering from illnesses such as TDS also known as Trump's Arrangement syndrome? Do you dismiss or deny the current issues facing our country, such as historic inflation, illegal immigration, corporate corruption, World War three escalations, and the chronic disease epidemic. Are you willing to elect someone who was the least popular vice president in modern history and who offers no policy or vision for America simply because your brain keeps telling you anyway one but Trump. If so, you might be struggling from TDS. Introducing independence. Independence allows you the freedom to finally think independently, once again, believing everything you hear from the mainstream indemost for constructive.
Speaker 27: I used to use say things.
Speaker 2: Like folks from the movement he encourage are a threat to democrastically believed it.
Speaker 27: With independence, I realize the media is run by the Democrat elite, who are a corrupt oligarchy that sensors free speech, silences political opponents, supports forever wars, and abandons democracy by anointing its candidates.
Speaker 1: Independence may not be for everyone.
Speaker 26: If you enjoy being lied to about your president's cognitive abilities, support or William totalitarianism, or are excited about communist fiscal policy, independence.
Speaker 5: May not be right for you.
Speaker 26: Common side effects of independence may include an awakening of rational thought. Successfully identifying propaganda, freedom of choice, loss of hatred, anti narcissistic behavior, and love of democracy.
Speaker 1: Blindly hate whoever my party was running against.
Speaker 15: I didn't care about facts or policy because I was hopelessly indoctrinated anyway with independence on much more interested Lancys that I hold democras.
Speaker 4: You get the idea. It is absolutely genius, and the crackle is back. Apparently they're trying to censor us. Here is Steve from at In, Ohio with a fifty phone call a news of the week.
Speaker 24: Hello Gary, Jeff, that was excellent. Venezeweeland gang guests in Aurora, Colorado have overtaken an entire apartment complex, according to local officials, who are apparently okay with it because the ombres are quote mostly peaceful. It's the second multifamily residence this gang has taken over. The other is at sixteen hundred Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, d C, which was being occupied by another gang, the Biden's immigrant illegals from Delaware. Fortunately, Hunter Biden has a supremo stage of cocaine in the White House to keep the guests mostly peaceful. Here's your takeaway from that live in quotes interview. It wasn't live. It was taped with Commy and the sergeant Commy looked very old, very tired. Joe Biden in drag the interview rap. A little bit later, I recall a couple of weeks ago on this show detailed I detailed one of the first Biden boondoggles that has long since been forgotten by conservatives but proudly hailed by progressives.
Speaker 13: Ah.
Speaker 24: Yes, progressives like failures because as good Marxists, they believe that we have to burn the village in order.
Speaker 8: To save it.
Speaker 24: If that doesn't make sense, neither does Marxism, which welcomes global conflictration in order to save the world for communism.
Speaker 12: Okay, let's get back to that.
Speaker 24: The twenty twenty one Infrastructure Bill, Remember that that became law wasn't about roads and bridges so much as it was about housing. And several states are using these funds to build so called affordable housing for illegal immigrants, which of course was very predictable. It's also proof that the Biden Bolsheviks intended to open the door to criminals from the very first day three and a half years ago. And since we have the marriage made in Hell, which is creeping communism betting down with fascism. Big industry, in this case housing and construction generally, is salivating over this huge dollar dump by the Feds. Amazingly, conservative pundits acted shocked this week when the California Senate passed a housing proposal for illegals that defies sensible banking practices and common sense. The border jumpers can get one hundred and fifty thousand dollars to purchase a house with nobody down, zero interest, and you don't have to pay the principle back till the house is sold.
Speaker 8: Don't you wish you.
Speaker 24: Could have gotten that deal? You could have if you'd been smart enough to go to Mexico, swim back and declare yourself an illegal, making sure you are indeed documented to qualify for all these swag bag goodies. I'll bet you didn't think of cheating on all that COVID money either, did you? What the hell is wrong with you people? But wait, but wait, there's still time to do an over and back in Mexico. Commie Harris has proposed a federal bailout involving three million housing units, which probably means multifamily housing and a twenty five thousand dollars loan to go with it, presumably interest free. Stay tuned.
Speaker 12: Let's stop for a moment.
Speaker 24: The presumption by anybody with an IQ of over fifty is that these illegals covered by Harris also are in absolutely no position to repay these loans. Most are uneducated, they have no English language skills, and are possibly criminals who may trade their digs for a prison cell very soon if we get the law and action. Thank you, George Soros. A little more history, listen carefully. Back in twenty nineteen, socialist Bernie SANDERSOO and two other senators, one of them's Tommy Harris, unfurled the Housing for All programmed. You don't remember that you should. Bernie had also been the one behind the subprime lending crisis of two o seven and two eight, blaming bankers for being predatory lenders to low income folk. Camouflaged the fact that Sanders pressured those lenders to offer artificially low borrowing rates, But the economy then collapsed and the low income homeowners, even with those low interest rates.
Speaker 1: Couldn't pay their mortgages.
Speaker 24: Banks failed, and a deep recession followed. We never learned, do we? And Bernie never gives up. He succeeds marvelously in bringing this country to its knees. He's actually a damn fine communist is name see above speaking excuse me forgotten history when Tulsi Gabbered, the former Hawaii Democrat congresswoman and National Guard fit announced this week she's backing Trump. Did you remember that she was a one time co chair of the Democrat National Committee and now the FBI is after her. The Facebook chief and longtime Democrat operative Mark Zuckerberg also admitted this week that he cowtowed to the Biden swamp rats and allowed the government to tell him what he could print and not print during the twenty twenty election. Wow, among other stories that he deeped sixth the Hunter Biden laptop, and the Russian collusion hoax of twenty sixteen. Wow one suspects all these Democrats are crossing the road because they want to be on the winning side this time.
Speaker 19: Let's hope they're right.
Speaker 24: Meantime, on the campaign trail, Tommy Harris submitted to an interview by Dana Bash, a Democrat lap dog, but she had to be accompanied by her comfort.
Speaker 12: Dog, him Walls.
Speaker 17: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 8: Thank you. Drive safely everyone.
Speaker 24: Question, why Commy would you choose somebody dumber than you? This is like did Joe Stalin having to answer to Jesus Christ in nineteen fifty three and asking the Lord if he could have Hitler as his counsel. Tim drove the campaign bus in Georgia this week, and when COMMI went on a potty break, he left the Commander in chief. Well, she is sure as ell, isn't Joe wondering where the master sergeant went. So she had to fly back to Washington on Air Force two, since Joe and Hunter still need Air Force one to commute to China for business.
Speaker 28: Ah.
Speaker 24: Tim goes a wall again, speaking of overseas assignments. Aren't you fascinated that Tim went to China thirty one times? Perhaps to pick some n I guess he was picking up some takeout that's capital code for consulting fees and another VP possible Remember this Mark kell Arizona. He may have lost out because he was in cahoots with a Chinese company involved in the spy pulloon business. My goodness, and COMMI. And COMMI says it's Trump who's too close to the Chinese. Oh my Lord good to see the Kami's image and not Joe Biden's is the one that will replace those of Washington and Jefferson on Mount Rushmore. Kami has changed her mind, she says, on so many issues that the Stonemasons think that she's too faced. So both the white slave owners had to go to make room for Kami.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 24: Adam Andershewsky of openbooks dot Com has died at the age of fifty five. God bless you Adam for your work. Take care of yourself, Gary, Jeff Thank you.
Speaker 2: Steve one eight hundred got joke recycles because it can see humid temperaures only reach the load in mid eighties, but with all the humidity, chances for storms fire up throughout the late morning and early afternoon hours. Expect to have to dodge a few downpours throughout the afternoon. For mis of your weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harten on NewsRadio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: Seventy one degrees right now at seven oh six. Our next update at seven thirty. I'm Sandy Collins on news Radio seven hundred WLWL.
Speaker 3: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW Jeff Weilerhonda dot Com into another.
Speaker 4: Hour of Well Saturday Morning edition for Saturday, August thirty, first, twenty twenty four, last day of the month. Gary Jeff Walker, sitting down with you about seven minutes after the hour on a Saturday morning. Hello Chris to two point zero. Hello Brooksy, if you're still awake. I'm still hearing the crackling sounds every once in a while. That could just be my headphones or the noise inside my brain. How about we talked to Steve Shulty, our retired environmental engineer who's never tired of talking about the climate.
Speaker 22: I see tree so green, reds tea, I see them blue.
Speaker 7: Fun and I think to myself, what a wonderful.
Speaker 4: What a wonderful world. Satchmo indeed, and Steve s Shelty. My Friendy Vaughn, who and his wife have the Nissan Leaf and they love their little electric car, is waiting for this broadcast again to hear what else you have to say about ev boondoggles this morning?
Speaker 29: Ye again you your favorite topic? This one We're gonna lead off Will comes from the Heartlands to Environment and Climate News of August fifteenth, headline Electric buses not a panacea. Last week, the city of a city of Seneca, South Carolina, had just shut down, decided to shut down the Clemson Area Transit system, which serves Seneca and nearby Clemson University. Once towned is the world's first all electric bus fleet. Just a few years ago, two thirds of its expensive electric buses had broken down the company that made them went bankrupt. Puts are no longer available in the city. Hand afford replacement buses.
Speaker 4: But loaves an orange electric school bus.
Speaker 1: Electric school buses.
Speaker 29: Just the day Moore, Senega decided to shut down this transit system, Austin's Capitol Metro announced it was giving up its planned to electrify it bus fleet by twenty thirty. They just said the technology simply does not progress far enough to replace diesels.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 28: Then.
Speaker 29: We also have California Foothill Transit, one of the first agencies to use the so called rapid charge electric buses, and twenty ten has problems. Like Austin, the agency has dropped to completely electrified by twenty thirty. Instead, by twenty twenty, most of the electric buses of its fleet were out of service. We have another one here. It just keeps coming. Gary Jeff The Southeast Pennsylvania Transportation Authority maybe the largest agency to'll be to have frankically given up by electric buses. It pulled its twenty five bus electric fleetouse service and twenty twenty one when the buses were just five years old, and Albuquerque, New Mexico recently completed completely gave up on its electric buses and returned them to the manufacturer, a Chai coom company called byd And. One of the reasons this happened is when you were on the electric buses cost a lot more fifty percent more than diesels. But at twenty nineteen study by advocacy group called us p i RG predicted that buses nonetheless would save the transit agencies forty four hundred thousand dollars a piece over the lifetime due to lower fuel and maintenance costs. However, prid relate On relied on four success stories to justify this conclusion. Success Story number one was Gary Jeff, Yes, Seneca, South Carolina. Jeff, I mean you can't make it here.
Speaker 4: You can't make the stuff up, as we used to say in the radio business, and the hits just keep on coming.
Speaker 29: Here we are we have time for tornadoes.
Speaker 1: Real quickly, about a minute for tornadoes.
Speaker 4: That we're over and over and over again that deadly tornadoes have been spawned by man made climate change, and it's disaster upon disaster.
Speaker 1: What is the truth?
Speaker 29: The sea fact In the summer twenty twenty fourth special report the Associated Press made reported that this was a couple about a month ago, fifteen died due to severe weather across multiple states, and again they blamed it on climate change because April had the second highest number of tornadoes on record. The fact check is that while there are a lot of tornadoes this year, that does happen from time to time, tornado season unpredictable. In Spikey in twenty eleven, during the positing of global warming, there were twice as many tornadoes that already happened as up to April that year. In fact, the already gole includes a Noah National Oceanic and Atmosphere Administration chart showing f five tornadoes from nineteen seventy to two thousand and twenty. In twenty eleven, Gary Jeff was third highest. The highest What year the highest number tornadoes occurred? What year nineteen seventy four? I remember over one hundred and thirty nine and twenty we're not even up to back in twenty. We're not even up to twenty f three's And if you look at the the graph quickly, the number and severity of tornados is not going up. The reality, the facts is that they are going down.
Speaker 9: But that does not.
Speaker 1: Print well, it doesn't fit the narrative.
Speaker 4: Thank you Steve as always for the truth instead of the propaganda and the lies that the other side seems to continue to want to push.
Speaker 1: And now Kamala says she's not in favor of banning cracking.
Speaker 30: UC football is Backcats stuff. Bear Cats kick off their season with four big quarters against the Towson Tiger.
Speaker 1: I can't believe what I've just seen. The nipple b rock end as the Red and Black battle for their first win oh or fifth cats head charges into the absult.
Speaker 30: Catch the Call live under It starts today at one thirty on seven hundred WLWN. Seven hundred wlw's live stream on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Your forecast as follow us on this Labor Day weekend. Scattered thunderstorms are a possibility today at any time, but mainly in the late afternoon with the heat and humidity of the day, building up a high of eighty four tomorrow, partly cloudy eighty nine for the western and southern web, and fireworks around nine o'clock. We're talking seventy seven degrees, partly cloudy skies and a nice little breeze sunshine on Labor Day Monday.
Speaker 1: And a high then at eighty one. And now another insurance story from point smart bunny, Smart Bunny.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 4: I wonder the presidential platform has included now making America healthy again.
Speaker 1: With Robert F.
Speaker 4: Kennedy Junior's war on processed foods, I figured that it'd be a great chance for Rococostellano and I to chat about this. It's something that he's been harping on for weeks and months, and no, you didn't listen until RFK started talking about it. So Roco and you know what, this never happens on a Saturday morning. We've been blessed with five minutes because they're rebooting our system while.
Speaker 1: We talk, so you have more time than usual.
Speaker 4: First and foremost, you wrote this article at rococostellano dot com about five sneaky food ingredients that will kill your brain. What are those five sneaky food ingredients that will kill your brain.
Speaker 9: I need to know, welltually, I wrote because you told me that you wanted you wanted to talk about this. I actually wrote an article last night.
Speaker 1: And I dropped it at around a one a m. War on processed foods.
Speaker 9: Food.
Speaker 28: Yes, yeah, and so so I can you know, I can go into the steaky foods or I can talk to you about uh like the Trump r K thing and and a really big thing about processed foods and most people just aren't, like they haven't understood it in Cincinnati for a really long time. And and processed foods are usually made with with the high sugars uh, like the high food those corn syrup really unhealthy fats from like the vegetable oils uh that use.
Speaker 9: Uh you know, like they decided to ban the like the partially partially hydrated yeah, you know, the hydrogenated oils. But hydrogenated fully hydrogenated oils are still part of of the mix in in other processes.
Speaker 11: The hydrogenated oil. Rocco break it down for me. So they add hydrogen to an oil to make it a solid, right, and so when you add you add hydrogen, so like a margarine starts out as as a canola oil or a vegetable oil, right, and then they add hydrogen to it in order to make it look like butter, right, And so that's gonna uh like they put that into cookies, into pop tarts, into into things like that, and so that's going to cause uh, this biosis in the gut. And most of the issues that come about with with processed foods.
Speaker 9: In general is is is of the this biosis in the gut, which is the imbalance of uh of the gut of microbiome or or uh the this the imbalance of the good of the good bacteria against the bad bacteria, which then causes inflammation. Inflammation is literally the enemy of of just about everything you know that the body does. So when you're causing causing all this all this inflammation and it starts at the gut, you're going to have, uh there's many different things out there, like the gut brain access. You're gonna cause a dementia, You're going to cause uh, you know, cognitive issues. Uh, the gut skin access.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have.
Speaker 9: A lot of issues with a roseationa uh, different kinds of arthritis. Even you're gonna have uh, you know, issues with the gut with the gut eye access too. So a lot of the stuff is finally coming out. And I'm really glad that Trump was smart enough to bring on r f K to you know, to address this.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and the media is gonna, you know, the media is gonna go after them, you know, because they have to. But you know, there's no there's there's literally no one uh that's talking about this, and it's finally it's finally coming to.
Speaker 4: A headco Costellano, Well, you know, I've.
Speaker 9: Been saying I've literally been saying this for years, and no one wants to No one wants to actually take accountability for their own bodies. They expect somebody else to douce, you know, to do something for them. And and you know, once you start talking about it, and once you start bringing it into the conversation.
Speaker 10: We're gonna uh you know, I mean, you can you can.
Speaker 9: Easily eliminate a diabetes, I mean easily eliminate diabetes. You can easily eliminate cancer and also.
Speaker 28: Uh and also heart disease if you just don't, if you if you look at the at the foods.
Speaker 1: Now, no listen, our time is now done.
Speaker 4: You've now talked for almost six minutes, and I understand the system is back up, so we'll have to continue this conversation next time.
Speaker 1: But I appreciate. I want to find out how.
Speaker 4: To eliminate my diabetes and Alzheimer's and all the rest of that, but I'm gonna have to wait a week, so I hope it doesn't kill me before then.
Speaker 9: Well if it does, it will no one kills.
Speaker 4: You, sex Roccocostelano dot com. Time for this, that's right to Tom Davis. Diaries are back with wild wacky stories from around the world and around the country.
Speaker 31: Here's our reporter, Tom Davis. Good morning, Gary Jeff. This week only the Cheddar knows your future. But first, a woman has been charged with theft after stealing a hospital patient's eyeglasses. Twenty five year old Elizabeth Sampson was there to undergo a medical evaluation and was eyeing the eyeglasses of one of the other patients. She was able to swipe them and then safely stow them away between her butt cheeks. She apparently had enough booty to hide her bounty all the way out to the car, but she didn't count on the security cameras picking up her dubious deeds.
Speaker 1: It was a crazy moment.
Speaker 31: Aboard an Air Canada flight, passengers were forced to raise their feet and legs into the air after a toilet leaked into the main cabin.
Speaker 1: Philth was flowing and slushing up and down the aisles.
Speaker 31: Canada Air is graciously offering a refund and a voucher for another flight aboard one of their cleaner birds. Melissa Carr is back in the news. You may remember her as the woman who gets arrested for throwing things at her husband. This time it was a fully baked, beautiful lasagna. He called the cops again and she was arrested again for assault and harassment again and finally. A fortune teller in Chicago says it all comes down to the cheese. Jennifer Billock gives her clients four pieces of cheese to eat, and then she examines the remnants and makes predictions. She says that blue and Swiss are the most common and the easiest to work with. It takes forty five minutes to read your cheese, and it sounds like a bargain at only fifty bucks a slice. Next week, man completely disrobes while doing his laundry at the laundry mat. Have a great labor day, American worker, This weekend's for you.
Speaker 6: It doesn't matter if you work on your feet, work from a seat, or work in the heap with a guy named heat. Just remember you are the whirling cog that makes the great American economic machine the envy of the world. A labor day weekend, salute to you. My friend from seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Is getting gas at Chevron, burning a hole in your wallet, get the drop out.
Speaker 3: With drop you can earn free gift cards just by filling up your tank down.
Speaker 4: The Oh my goodness, Well, rather talk about that than the than the failed recorded cut up Kamala Harris interview. Oh jeez u okay, I'm sorry lost here for Rudy Giuliani. That's a big news story.
Speaker 1: Eight oh eight.
Speaker 4: I'm sure everybody cares about that. Don't remember that when they go to the polls or vote fraudulently. Time for a science minute? Was science Mike.
Speaker 15: An scientist surprising all, blinding me with.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Michael, how are you? Good morning.
Speaker 10: Mike.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's on And here Liam again.
Speaker 4: The Roulette of problems continues to roll this morning as we try and put on a radio show in spite of.
Speaker 1: Life in the cloud.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. We'll all right, Okay, So we're waiting now on air in real time for us to be lined up and ready to go with this. It's eight oh nine, and I'm just gonna sit here and wait. Isn't this nice? Fifty thousand watts of crickets? All right, let's try now, Michael, are you there?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 4: That's not gonna work. Okay, Well, let's go ahead and take a break, Liam, and we'll load it up. Since I was ready to talk science with Science Mike, and obviously we're unable to do so at this particular time. As we continue to work the bugs out on a Saturday morning, it's eight oh nine, maybe Science Mike in a moment, Oh, miss.
Speaker 1: Paul is ever way back there? Rike out for Nick Lindlo.
Speaker 7: I got this with beef and lighted my goodness, Hello Elli.
Speaker 3: So French Battle the Bruces tonight at six fifteen on seven hundred Galu l Jalu and seven hundred yaldul Jalus.
Speaker 1: Live stream of the Free iHeartRadio.
Speaker 32: App adopt Us Kids presents. What do you expect when you're expecting a teenager? Learning the lingo.
Speaker 25: Hundo phundo p adjective short for being one hundred percent sure or certain, as in, if we get a puppy, I'll hundo pee always walk in.
Speaker 32: You don't have to speak teen to be a perfect parent. Thousands of teens in foster care will love you just the same. Visit adopt us Kids dot org, brought to you by the US Department of Health and Human Services, adopt Us Kids, and the ad Council.
Speaker 33: Most of us like to be out in the sun. That's why and other safety measures are key to protecting your skin from aging and cancer. The FDA recommends using a sunscreen with a sun Protection Factor or SPF A fifteen or higher. Also look for broad spectrum on the label that means both harmful ultra violet A and B raise a block. UVA raised age the skin, UVB raise burned, and both cause cancer. But the perfect sunscreen doesn't.
Speaker 1: Count if you use it wrong.
Speaker 33: Don't need sunscreen on a cloudy day wrong, Eighty percent of UV rays still get through the Hayes. Only use sunscreen at the beach, Nope, anytime you're outside UV raise attack the skin, so you need protection and you have to reapply sunscreen every two hours. Remember SPF plus Broad spectrum ETH healthy fun in the sun. Visit www dot FDA dot gov slash sunscreen for more information. A message from the US Food and Drug Administration.
Speaker 34: When you shop Goodwill, you don't just bring home a vintage dress or cap. You bring home so much good to your community because everything you buy funds local job training and more.
Speaker 1: Goodwill bring good home, prought to you by Goodwill and the ad Council.
Speaker 4: All right, ladies and gentlemen, without any further ado, it's science. Mike from del High, Good morning. Does science explain this?
Speaker 13: I think we're just talking about two of controversial topics here.
Speaker 10: They're coming after us.
Speaker 1: I you know, I don't know what's controversial.
Speaker 7: Well, you're not to decide that, carry Jeff the big man will Well, I'm certainly the news isn't controversial, but you know, sometimes the news isn't news, So I don't know anymore.
Speaker 1: But anyway, what did you have for us this morning?
Speaker 10: We'll you're right to it, Carrig, Jeff.
Speaker 13: So the early two thousand, the Germany German government decides they transition away from nuclear power, and they call it the the what they called the energy ONWNED whatever they could return that so they got they got rid of all their energy power nuclear power JEFT, which accounted for about one fifth of their of their energy energy needs and they went to win in solar. So so what exactly happened because of that, Well, they cost them six hundred billion dollars about in euros which about right now today about five hundred and fifty billion US dollars, and it decreased their carbon divisions by twenty five percent. But they'd have been better off if they would have kept the nuclear program and UH in effect and taking the six hundred billion dollars and UH build out their nuclear program, and that would have effectively decreased their their their their carbon footprint and by seventy five percent instead of instead of the current twenty five percent. They would have saved another three hundred billion dollars in the process because they had to spend all this extra money to build up the grid, to do all these other renewables, build the WIN generators and all all that stuff. And then and they went back and they're still using the seventy three percent fossil.
Speaker 10: Fuel that way, it's just been a total waste of I'll call it German tact.
Speaker 4: How do you say boondoggle in German? Sure someone is yelling at at the radio right now.
Speaker 10: Jeez, hey, you got Germany. It's a perfect example. We just we don't have the money to spend on this foolishness.
Speaker 4: And and and aside from that, carbon is good and necessary for life. Eight fourteenth. We're all made of carbon for goodness sakes. Seven hundred wl.
Speaker 2: Does for storms fire up throughout the late morning and early afternoon hours. Expect to have to dodge a few downpours throughout the afternoon for MIAs of your weather station. I'm nine first warning Meteorologist Cameron Harten on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Sport the tally from high school football last night, Liam Let's go.
Speaker 16: Simon Kenton defeated the Craig Yeast coach Mercer County County Titans sixty one to forty. Last night, Lakota East edges out Mason High School twenty to thirteen. New Miami tops Manchester forty to twenty. Springboro handles Edgewood thirty eight to seven. Talawanda falls to Bishop Fenwick six to fourteen. Campbell County Beechwood proved to be too much for Campbell County, winning forty two to twenty. McNicholas dominates Wheelersburg thirty four to thirteen. Little Miami falls to Turpin thirty four to three. Scott falls to the North Bullyd thirty five to twenty nine. Princeton dominates Sycamore fifty two to zero. Blanchester Highs twenty seven, Cincinnati Country Day twenty three, Cincinnati Hills beats Bishop Ready High School thirty five to thirty one, Coldwater High thirty one, Clinton Massey High fifteen. Elder beats West Catholic twenty to thirteen. Saint Francis de Sales tops Baden seventeen to three. Batavia scores fifty two points. Oh The Fighting Tony Pikes score twenty nine. Reading falls, Mohler dominates beciup d Winger forty two to eighteen. Finnytown falls to Saint Bernard Elmwood Place twenty eight to six. Milford shuts out Walnut Hills thirty eight to nothing. Homes shut out by Newport twenty seven to nothing.
Speaker 4: Did you give me the new Richmond score. My wife is a graduate of New Richmond.
Speaker 16: New Richmond with a big win over Williamsburg thirty four to nineteen. Scothen falls to Hillsboro thirty two to seven.
Speaker 4: Now nobody cares about this but me here because I am a nineteen seventy nine graduate of Hendersonville High School in Hendersonville, Tennessee. The Commandos usually have a pretty good squad, so I'm looking for Hendersonville, Tennessee, Hendersonville High School. Now there's another high school that wasn't there when I when I graduated, named Beach. I don't care about about Beach. I care about Hendersonville, Tennessee. Well, Hendersonville starts the season two and oh. Week one, they defeated Gallatin nineteen to sixties. Gallatin is our main rival. It's just up the road.
Speaker 1: And what happened in.
Speaker 16: Week two Northeast thirteen Hendersonville forty two. A dominant perform.
Speaker 4: Another one bites the dust for the Commandos, And yes we were called the Commandos. I only wish the cheerleaders had followed suit any comments. No college football Week one. We've got past week zero. We've got some games today on the schedule in some pretty good games you see is in action.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Cincinnati hosts the Towson Tigers this afternoon. Kickoff is set for two thirty, and you can listen to that game on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Kentucky takes on Southern miss ESPN fifteen thirty will carry that action beginning at seven point thirty. Ohio State host Akron, where they are a big favorite over the Zips.
Speaker 1: Well they should be a big favorite over the Zeps.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, you've got guys who aren't really even student athletes who play for the Buckeyes. I mean, they're nearly pros already, so they should crush accurate.
Speaker 16: Couple notable top twenty five games Today, Thumbston and Georgia face off at noon. Penn State travels to Morgantown at noon as well. Seven point thirty big time matchup between Notre Dame and Texas A and M. And tomorrow night, LSU and USC face off in Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: All Right, FC Cincinnati back on the pitch after they're lost enter Miami.
Speaker 16: Yeah, the Orange and Blue are back in action against Montreal FC tonight. They look to get back in the win column. Pregame covers begins at seven. Kickoff e set for seven to forty. Catch the action on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 4: And the Reds were an over in the doubleheader yesterday at GABP against the Milwaukee Brewers. I mean the Brewers have their number plus. I mean the pitching situation just gets more and more ridiculous for this Reds because of all the injuries.
Speaker 16: On the bright side, Rhet Louder made his rookie debut in the night game of the doubleheader, and he pitched four innings, only giving up one run.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they gave up ten runs in the ninth inning whoever was in there, fourteen to nothing the final score.
Speaker 1: They go at it again tonight. Correct.
Speaker 16: The inside pitch begins at six fifteen with first pitch set for seven to fifteen. You can listen to the action right here on the Home of the Reds seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 4: I think it's probably time we go ahead and Gray gives from Wally coming up a visit with Moe Egger and we'll see what Mike Allen's got cooking for Saturday midday today it is. It's absolutely a packed day with UC football and more stick around for seven hundred.
Speaker 21: WL DO Sarah Spain with Iheartwomen's Sports presented by Capitol One, topped the Chicago Sky one hundred to eighty one in the two team's final regular season meeting. Caitlin Clark scored a career high thirty one points in the win, adding twelve assists and four rebounds. Angel re snatched a WNBA rookie record twenty third double double of the season in her team's losing effort. For more women's sports stories, be sure to subscribe to Good Game with Sarah Spain on iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 27: With the venture ex business card from Capital One, you earn unlimited double miles.
Speaker 1: On every perse from news Radio seven hundred WL.
Speaker 2: Jobs not as hot today, so that's some good news. Temperas only reached the low to mid eighties. The issue is it's still a humid and that means chances for showers and storms. Late morning early afternoon looks to be the best time frame for those. Any of these could pack a punch and cause some strong storms. From a SEVERR weather station, I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: Partley sunny right now and seventy three degrees is eight thirty six. I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at nine o'clock on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred l W Good Morning Kids, Time for gifts from Wally the game show.
Speaker 4: Everybody's familiar with Survivor and it's like one hundred and forty seventh season or whatever. Well, Texas, the state of Texas is planning a Survivor Texas style in this competition. The contestants will start in Dallas, travel through Waco, Austin, San Antonio, over to Houston, down to Brownsville. Then they'll proceed up to Del Rio onto l Passo, then to Midland, Odessa, then Loveick and Amarilla. From there they proceed to Abilene onto Fort Worth, and then back to Dallas. Each will be driving a pink Prius with a bumper sticker that reads I'm gay, I'm voting for Kamala Harris, and I'm here to confiscate your guns.
Speaker 17: Seven hundred WLW Cincinnati, Available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app down number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Rocky Here for bust from news Radio seven hundred wl.
Speaker 2: JOB not as hot today, so that's some good news. Temperas only reached the low to mid eighties. The issue is it's still a humid and that means chances for showers and storms. Late morning early afternoon looks to be the best time frame for those. Any of these could pack a punch and cause some strong storms. From a severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: Hartley, sunny right now and seventy three degrees is eight thirty six. I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at nine o'clock on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Good Morning, Kids, Time for gifts from Wally the game show. Everybody's familiar with Survivor and it's like one hundred and forty seventh season or whatever. Well, Texas, the state of Texas is planning a Survivor Texas style in this competition. The contestants will start in Dallas, travel through Waco, Austin, San Antonio, over to Houston, down to Brownsville, then they'll proceed up to Del Rio onto El Paso, then to Midland, Odessa, then Loveick and Amarilla. From there, they proceed to Abilene, onto Fort Worth, and then back to Dallas. Each will be driving a pink Prius with a bumper sticker that reads I'm gay, I'm voting for Kamala Harris, and I'm here to confiscate your guns.
Speaker 17: Seven hundred W l W Cincinnati available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app don number one for podcasting seven hundred W l W and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Rocky here for buff the dark like Spielberg to put your rask again. The boy that's music, Please, that's an.
Speaker 4: Old school Liam Lam. Turn that noise down, young man, turn that noise down. We had enough enough of the Shack Diesel and time time for the Moegger.
Speaker 1: Hey Mo, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Oh, we're just celebrating Shack Diesel's appearance at Great American Ballpark tonight after the next Red's disaster against the Brewers.
Speaker 1: Just looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: You know that when that CD came out, I was still in music radio, in contemporary music radio, and and so we got all of the CDs of the latest and greatest stuff that was out. And I love the very first Shack CD and let me tell you why it became my primary coaster on my coffee table today. Decoratives very nice. I don't think I ever ever put that in a CD player. Maybe I should have now read respect. It's one of those things, you know. I wish I'd save that for its intended purpose. So I could you know Diesel out with the Shaq, But no did were you? Were you a big fan of Shack Diesel? Uh?
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 8: I like Cicuil o'meal the basketball player. I know, I like the early Yeah, I like the early two thousands Lakers with Shaq and Kobe. I like the mid nineties Magic with Shack and Penny, But Shaqa Rapper didn't do it for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and not so much Shack at LSU because he was still, you know, one of those what they call a.
Speaker 1: Work in progress then.
Speaker 8: And Shack at LSU was the best player in college basketball and should have been on the Dream Team instead of Christian Labor in nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'll agree with that. There's a lot of Christian Latner hate out there to go.
Speaker 1: Around for everybody.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, Christen Layner had an iconic college basketball career a good NBA career, played eleven years.
Speaker 10: I know, I know that you were taking good If.
Speaker 8: You were taking the players who were best able to contribute to the extent that someone needed to contribute.
Speaker 4: You would have taken SQUI all I remember about Christian Later he hit one good shot and he stepped on Kentucky players when they were on the ground.
Speaker 1: That's all I remember of Christian Later. And I'm not even a big uk Hawk either, I'm not a big UK fan.
Speaker 8: I mean, he played in four final fours. He made two of the most iconic shots in NCAA tournament history, was the most outstanding player in two final fours.
Speaker 4: So that's why, that's why Shryszewski let him get away with as much as he did in locker rooms and stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm just hurt story.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, but he was more than just one shot and one stomping of a mew Timberlake.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you've brought that back up. Thank you very much. Your your recall is excellent. Yes about some things anyway. So uh, I can't recall maybe a worst double header at home than the one we saw you were out of our Cincinnati Reds against the Milwaukee Brewers who always have the Reds number. I just didn't know they were going to put up ten numbers in the ninth inning when they were already beating them like rented step children.
Speaker 1: That was atrocious.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's nothing you can do if you're missing Hunter, Green, Nicolodolo and Greg you know, Abbott, all of them. There's nothing left.
Speaker 1: There is there no you know.
Speaker 8: I think there were a couple of things the game got out of hand. David Bell put Luke Maley in the game, Who's not a picture? When it was eight nothing. I've never seen David Bell put a position player in the middle of an inning, and I've never seen him visit the mound to talk to a position player who's pitching because you know, the other team's just teeing off on him. But it was non competitive. And you know, I was at that game last night, and that is Red fans typically don't boo, and when they do, you know, it's it's not as full throated as the booing you might hear in other cities. It was full throaded last night. There was a loud, loud, disaffection that was audible throughout the ballpark last night. The best thing this team has had going for it all season long. And the reason why, you know, you could cling to optimism for most of the summer was the starting pitching was good. You know, Hunter Green had put himself in a position where I think you at least had to consider his candidacy if you were talking about who was going to win the SIG. Nick Widolo had a really rough July, but prior to that had certainly shown some things that made you feel encouraged. Andrew Abbott same thing. And so that's the foundation, and it's the foundation for this year's team, but I think more importantly, it's the foundation for what they're doing moving forward. And you know, the season as a wash obviously, but I think I talked about this on my show this week. You know, number one, if you have had hopes that twenty twenty five could be better, and maybe it will, be that they started with the foundation of good, young starting pitchers that had each shown some flashes this year. And by the way, Rhet Lauder made his big league debut last night, and kid they drafted last year and did okay. But if you project twenty twenty five starting rotation, there's not a pitcher there who has gotten through a full big league season yet, either because of injury or guys who have been sent down, and so I think that gives you pause. And then I think just overall, it's, you know, for all of the good things that have happened, for all of the young players who have gotten to the big leagues, for as much as I think we've tried to identify, you know, the core guys the Reds can move forward with, there's still I think more more questions than answers about the makeup of the team, about who's going to fit which roles, about what they need to go get from the outside, about which players you could really move forward with. I think that's really frustrating. I'm sure it's frustrating for Nick Caral. It's frustrating as a fan where you know you've spent the last two seasons watching the Reds, you know, bring up some guys, each of whom have shown slashes, some of whom have obviously been injured, and you think ahead to next year, you think it had to beyond It's it's frustrating that there's still so much uncertainty when I think we at least thought by now you kind of knew what the team was going to look like moving into twenty twenty five. And if you don't know what the team is going to look like and you're dealing with a lot of uncertainty, then it's hard to feel really good about their chances of being significantly better next season.
Speaker 4: Let's turn our attention then to a team that we still have optimism in the Cincinnati Bengals as we get ready for a week one, you know, a week and a day away on September eighth, when they'll open up against the New England Patriots. What's the state of the Bengals right now in your estimation, your best guess, most best guess a week before the beginning of the season.
Speaker 1: How we looking.
Speaker 24: Good?
Speaker 8: And I think good in large part because the NFL has done him a favor and giving them three bad teams in the first month of the season. Sandwiched around that Kansas City game. Obviously, you know, the big story is the Jamar Chase thing. I am operating under the assumption that Jamar Chase is not going to play that first game. I don't know that he will or won't, but the way things sort of pivoted this week would suggest to me that you at least have to entertain the possibility that he's going to sit out the first game. Frankly, if you're entertaining that possibility, then you have to wonder is he going to sit out the second game against Kansas City. But I think mechanically speaking with the nuts and bolts of the football team, there's a few things that are really interesting to me. Number one, but they have to be better defensively. Right, worst team in the NFL against explosive plays, worst team in the NFL in yards per carry, tied for worse in the NFL in yards per completion allowed. That ain't gonna hunt this year. So you don't have to be among the league's best. You got to be somewhere in the middle of a pack. But that to me, you know, in terms of things that have to go better last year to this year, obviously number one is Joe Burrow has to play the entire season. But what I'm interested in finding out, and I'm not sure the Patriots had the team to test him in the first game of the season, is the retooling they've done on defense. Are the additions they've made going to be enough to take a unit that last year wasn't good in any area and make it around league average, and if the defense is around league average offensively, you feel like Bengals are going to be good enough to win more games than they lose. I'm also really interested in what they get out of the running game. You know, they said goodbye to Joe Mixon this offseason, and they have Zach Moss, they have Chase brown I think those two players to me seem at least a little interchangeable as the season begins. Are they going to be able to get more explosiveness? And one thing they've done, and you know this is sort of in the weeds kind of stuff, but you go back to last season when Jake Browning took over, the Bengals offense still mostly functioned and they played differently than they play when Joe Burrow is the quarterback. They put Jake Browning under center and they tapped into something there that I think worked. And one of the things they've tried to do this during training camp has been meshed that with how Joe Burrow likes to play, which is in the shotgun, so they've put him under center. What does that do for the running game? What does that do for play action. And then look, they've even without Jamar Chase, they've got a lot of really interesting weapons. I think they're better at tight end, they're as deep, I believe as any team in the league at wide receiver, and they've got a quarterback that we're all going to be watching very closely week one to see if there's any remnants from the risk ish. But I'm encouraged, and I know that Jamar Chase thing has thrown cold water over a lot of people's enthusiasm. I'm I'm as enthusiastic as I've been. I think this team has a chance to be really, really good. But look at the beginning of the season. The last two years they've played very poorly. Does that change? And you know, can I go to Kansas City and win Week two? If the answer is yes, what a great way to start the season. Because I do think no matter what, they'll at least speak out of the tree over New England.
Speaker 1: All right, very very well.
Speaker 4: Now, I wanted to just give us a Repriese here of the Shack Diesel, just to remind everybody here there is a reason great to attend.
Speaker 1: Gab go go ahead, Liam Cue that up would you. Oh you jealous talks can't stop MacDonald? All right, that's that's enough, Liam, that's a turn down. That noise.
Speaker 4: You kids are driving me crazy. How you doing, counselor I'm good, Well your MIC's not on? Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 5: All right, We've had all kinds of little issues this morning. Oh we'll get him in spades on my show. But we have a good producer who I know will fix it. And we have Dave Abbott who has been here.
Speaker 4: He drove in this morning because he's the only guy that even knows about the cloud, which is where all this is coming from.
Speaker 1: Somewhere in the cloud, by the cloud.
Speaker 10: I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Not the old days when there was like the engineers had a toolbox and they get out a screwdriver or wrench and say, oh, here's the problem right here.
Speaker 1: Have no idea.
Speaker 4: It's just you know, he's got the computer screen out and he's going I don't know, but if anybody's going.
Speaker 1: To know, it's him. That's right.
Speaker 4: He's been working hard. So to appreciate all of his efforts. Well, what did you think of the interview? Kamala? Finally, after forty days in the desert, she broke down. She came out of the wilderness and went on TV and got absolutely softballed by Dana Bash.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't agree. She cleared up all the issues in six tients. She explained all of her flip flops, and everything's great. She still has the same values all of that. That's the problem.
Speaker 4: I think the California socialist Marxist values that she came to Washington.
Speaker 5: With sixteen minutes, Gary Jeff, that's all she wants to give the American people. And I'm going to tell you something, and I've said this before, if the American people are going to fall for this crap, God helped the United States of America because it's nothing but lies and you know, shadow boxing, and I don't know, not as pessimistic as I usually am.
Speaker 1: Come on, let me give you a spoiler alert here.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, And this is something that nobody, including our masters here at iHeartMedia, want to hear. The only reason it's close is because we're saying it's close. I don't think it's close at all.
Speaker 13: I like that.
Speaker 1: I liked Elon Musk's survey of six million. Tell me about that.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard that seventy Trump out of six million people. That's a large sample.
Speaker 5: Well, and there's also that phenomena that both passed two elections where when people call for the poll, people don't want to say they're for Trump, that they hold that back. So I mean hopefully there's a lot of that going on too.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: I mean they're asking, they're asking only women that look like Rachel Levine who they're going to vote for.
Speaker 1: That's what the see. It's it's all about Genoa.
Speaker 5: That was a delayed reaction Rachel Levine and Birkenstocks ho.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly. All right, well we're being told we need to go. So Saturday midday, Mike Allen just ahead and after the show show at Huddle's Cafe as Westside. Jim calls it my day job. I thought this was my day job.
Speaker 19: Sevend WLW call Zero's Carpet and Netra cleaning today and mention me Bill Cunningham to get a free hallway clean with three rooms of carpet for only one nine book online at zero Sincy dot com. Zeroes spell it backwards or forwards, believe the Great American It's the right way to clean.
Speaker 1: Celebrate Labor Day weekend this year with a bag at Rozzie's famous fireworks. Check out Rozzie's large assortment