Speaker 1: It makes ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mixture.
Speaker 2: Chance to go to the d VAX game is coming up in about an hour, around seven to ten. I am Priscilla and yesterday Sid I had a board meeting for Communical Madris, my nonprofit, and we went to Diego Pops, right, which, for the record, that place is incredible, so good, and uh they're ailes and I will say their U fuego Fresca Margarita.
Speaker 1: Ten out of ten.
Speaker 2: But there was like eleven of us girls where you know, it's more of a bonding thing. And it's a Thursday, pouring rain and as we're leaving, uh, there's this bachelor party group.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, oh boy, eleven of you girls, I know, and there's only like five of them and there listen, it's like eight pm.
Speaker 2: They're already like two to the wind, you know. Kind of took a picture with my with the groom. Everybody's so fun like, right, his friend, oh gosh, okay, whatever, We'll take a picture with him.
Speaker 1: It's I get it, right, Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: We put he's in the middle their big old group of girls all around him, and we're like all right, ha ha funny, funny, and then immediately after all the guys were like, shit.
Speaker 1: Ladies up to tonight? What club are.
Speaker 2: You going to?
Speaker 1: And they just like wasted right.
Speaker 2: But the problem is I am that friend, like I block all of it if I know your relationship. So I get my an affairs boys and I'm like, everyone's married.
Speaker 1: We're all married. I'm just gonna ask is anyone even single?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Literally everyone was married.
Speaker 2: And so I'm sitting there literally like screaming at them like they just asked us to, you know, do something totally wild, and I'm just like, we're.
Speaker 1: Married, don't.
Speaker 2: And then I'm like, don't make me regret taking that photo with you. Were they tourists or what? Yes, they have just come into town. And he's like, WHOA, sorry, ma'am. And I'm like, ma'am, do you know if you're out with a group of friends, I Am not going to be that friend.
Speaker 1: Let things slide. I love it. Good Morning. It's Mix ninety six to nine Valley's Best Mix.
Speaker 2: You can go Seegwen Stefani at our iHeartRadio Music Festival with a trip that we're gonna hook you up with around nine twenty five. But let's talk about Oprah sid and she's an icon, like she is the probably one of the very first motivational quote unquote speakers in the United States.
Speaker 3: Right everyone's mom who doesn't love Oprah exactly.
Speaker 2: So she gives some really great life advice because back in twenty eleven, she retired and then she straightway started her own network like literally Oprah Winfree Network simultaneously, like back to back. And she said in an interview that that was one of the worst mistakes she's ever made.
Speaker 4: I would not have taken on the responsibility of trying to build a network while still ending the show. I should have completed one thing, taken a year to do nothing, and then decided what was the next thing for me to do. But I would have done the thing that I tell everybody else to do. When you don't know what to do, do nothing, Ah, get still with yourself and do nothing. I would have I would have given myself that time.
Speaker 1: Profound words. I love that she can like see that now.
Speaker 2: I know you know what I will say though it's like, I mean, not everyone can take a year off Oprah. I know, but I do agree with her, like, don't move just to move, have purpose in your movement. You know, and she should have because guess what, people would have missed her. And I think it was so chaotic that transition that it didn't benefit her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and when is she ever going to get a break like that again? I mean, she's been on air forever. She started as a reporter.
Speaker 1: You know, straight out of college.
Speaker 3: And Al Roker went on and he's like, well, we're in broadcasting. We hate dead air.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, She's like, you're right. I just felt like I had to go right into it. What it says, take some take some time. So take the time.
Speaker 2: It's Max ninety six nine, Valley's Best Miss Priscilla. Here in sid There is a cringey phrase that married people say that drive single people crazy, and.
Speaker 1: Oh no, do we do this? Yes?
Speaker 2: In fact, I probably do it twice a day, I think. So Basically, single people hate when married people are like, let me ask my spouse, let me see if it's okay with my husband.
Speaker 1: Oh, my husband's not gonna let me do that.
Speaker 2: And their perspective is that's cringey that you are allowing another person to control you that way or tell you what to do.
Speaker 1: In that way.
Speaker 3: I like it, but maybe because I'm so fresh in the marriage, but you like it too when you're eight years in.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: First of all, if you really dive into it, it's not it doesn't have anything to do with controlling your significant other.
Speaker 1: Let's be real.
Speaker 2: I'll do what I want if I really wanted to do it totally. But I say that, like, let me check with Michael, because I have given him that I wouldn't say power, but more so that a to decide for me because I can't be trusted.
Speaker 1: I'm the same way. Well, and it's just considerate.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure once you have kids, like you gotta be on the same page exactly.
Speaker 2: So like for example, money things like oh let me go, let me check with Michael. Well, I am reckless with finances, so I do have to check with my husband because I gave him the ability to tell me and be the sound of mind, like the mind of it all.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to reason the reason and help me decide if it's a good thing. Now, if it's about like going out or going on a girl's trip, yeah, it is about consideration.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, I gotta check with my husband.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, not sorry, Yeah, I mean it's not a control thing or just keep in tech. And that's there's a reason it's called your better half because they might be better at other things with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, so certain.
Speaker 3: Questions I'm just gonna have to ask my husband exactly.
Speaker 2: So just so you know, we're not out here trying to let our husbands control us. We're just trying to make smart decisions.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do this. If you want to.
Speaker 2: Go to slightly stupid and now is your chance, just give us a call. Six O two two six nine six nine. That's six O two two six oh oh nine six nine.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful things. It's six ninety six nine The Valley's Best Mix. Priscilla here.
Speaker 2: And yesterday, uh, we went to Candy Topio with our new segment P.
Speaker 1: On the Street. Yeah, it's where I got on the street.
Speaker 2: I go out in the city and I just like experienced new things, said you come along with Yes, I love it, super fun. And yesterday we went to Candy Topia. I was in heaven by the way.
Speaker 3: It was funny because it's not what you expected, right, No, I didn't think that was gonna be actual artwork made of candy.
Speaker 1: It was extremely impressive. Yeah, how'd you get treateated exactly.
Speaker 2: So it's all candy displays like you see these like animals. For example, there was a dinosaur made out of all candy, a dragon of.
Speaker 1: The sea under the sea.
Speaker 2: There was a freeda portrait, a cardip portrait Beyonce, all made out of candy, and some really fun photo ops too.
Speaker 3: It'd be awesome with the kids, even with your girlfriends too. Actually, we just had a lot of fun just us. We did not bring a kid.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, like the photos we took, they have this like marshmallow marshmallow pit.
Speaker 1: That was hilarious.
Speaker 2: When I realized, I'm like, I don't want to send I don't want to post that in slow motion. There's too much moving and there's emotion. I know.
Speaker 1: After he said it, the employees like filming in slow motion. I'm like, okay, And I was like, that's my okay, I'm gonna not do slow motion. I don't want that part of my body jiggling. But it was so.
Speaker 2: Fun and then at the end you wrap it up with a fun little gift shop.
Speaker 1: So Candy Topia.
Speaker 3: It's in Scottsdale, right, y'all, Stell Fashioned Square Mall They're open Wednesday, Thursday, Friday noon to six, Saturday Sunday twelve to six.
Speaker 1: Okay, perfect. So check that out.
Speaker 2: And if you want to see the video, it's on our Instagram right now. We posted it at Mix ninety six nine FM. It's Mixed six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. It is time for What's Trending, brought to you by Hila River Resorts and Casinos. And everyone is so hype about McDonald's new menu items that are gonna drop. The Chicken Big Mac, the Philly Cheese Stack, the mozzarella Dippers, Twix, mcflury, Galaxy mcflury, and a Twigs latte.
Speaker 1: Yes, please and thank you. Sign me up.
Speaker 2: The menu drops September fourth, and so the Olympics are over, but stardom is just starting for Steven Nord six excuse me. He is the pommel horse guy. He's the one that literally did nothing but the pommel horse but ended up helping the US men's gymnastic team get a bronze medal for the first time in years. Well, he is revealed as the first competitor for the new Dancing with the Star season. That'll be fun to watch him compete there because he is such that wholesome nerdy guy but like we all love him and we're all rooting for him. Also, HLA happen in happening at Hilo River Resorts and Casinos.
Speaker 1: The Oasis Pool parties are still going on.
Speaker 2: The next one is August thirty first, so make sure to check that out. Sunday kickoff is September eighth at ten am at bet MGM Sportsbook at the Santan Mountain location. Plus you have free play heat Wave Wednesdays four to nine pm. Chances to win five hundred to twenty five hundred dollars in free bonus play and they draw five winners every single hour, so make sure you check that along.
Speaker 1: Of course, you can do a staycation at Wildhorse Pass location.
Speaker 2: You know they have bad bingo on Saturdays at the Quiva location. It's just a lot of fun, a lot of fun stuff happening at the Heila River Resorts casinos locations. Okay, this is I don't understand why people are hype about this, Like this hasn't been around for the longest time, but now you can add a song to your Instagram profile, Like right when you go to someone's page in their little bio. They'll have a song playing and listen, MySpace did it first. If you remember, if you're in the MySpace day and age, we would add songs to our profile all the time, but it would be so much more difficult, like we would have to know the code to add the song we wanted to. I feel like, uh, MySpace had us designing websites at the age of like fourteen.
Speaker 1: But it's really cool. I'm gonna go add one a song.
Speaker 2: I'm checking hot to figure out what's song to add, so you can check that out on Instagram.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do this. If you want to go to the d Backs game, we have a four pack of tickets for you.
Speaker 2: All you gotta do is give us a call right now. Six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine. That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six nine. It's Mix ninety six nine, the Valley's Best Mix Priscilla here and we are playing Priscilla's Pyramid.
Speaker 1: Hey, sit is hanging out. We have Roxanna on the phone.
Speaker 3: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: So here's how you're gonna play for those four pack of tickets to the d Backs. It's uh, basically, I'm gonna give sid a card and I'm gonna show her a word, and she's gonna give you a clues and you have to guess what the card says. Okay, And the theme for today is household names like brand names. Okay, okay, all right, are you ready, let's just ma'am to this.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So this is something you would take at night if you have a cold, and it'll just knock you out.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is the most popular brand of toilet paper, Bears promoted.
Speaker 2: Bears.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, this is a fancy kind of Can I say that from a from a magical island?
Speaker 1: Oh my, got it?
Speaker 2: You guys, what congratulations you are going to the d Backs game?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Hellone. You did a great job.
Speaker 2: All right, hang tight on the way. So there is a list of nightmare celebrities.
Speaker 1: On the heels of Blake Lively.
Speaker 2: Being a nightmare, people are out saying, Hey, these other celebrities.
Speaker 1: Are nightmares too.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about it in two songs, and I'll tell you are hurt her when we saw.
Speaker 1: Some of the names. We'll do that in a few songs. He's Hozier on mix.
Speaker 2: It's Mix ninety six nine of the Valley's Best Mixed Priscilla here, don't forget your chance to go to twenty one pilots is coming up just around eight forty five this morning on Mix.
Speaker 1: But sid you know, Blake Lively's been in the news a lot.
Speaker 2: Because of how difficult quote unquote she is and just out of touch she is with reality.
Speaker 3: Lots of things coming out about her, uh huh, especially from the past and how she's been with interviewers and just kind of been a nightmare according to press.
Speaker 1: Right well, now it made us think, okay.
Speaker 2: What other actors or actresses are a nightmare to work with? According to people in the Indue Street And we have the top five? Okay, the number four five surprises me, Michael Sarah. I know, he just seems like such a sweet, like gummy bear of a human being.
Speaker 1: They made me think of his character in Barbie. What was he? Oh, that's right, Ken, Ken's best friend, but was a skipper. I don't know, but I know you're talking about.
Speaker 3: He seems, yeah, very chill, but apparently like people come up to him and he just asks security to take them away.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, they've watched so many young people, young musicians and actors coming up in the industry, going up to talk to him, and he just is like, no, thank you, I don't want anything to do with you. Number four does not surprise me, Tyra Banks. I would be scared of Tyra.
Speaker 1: How dare you? We were rooting for you, We were all rooting for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they say legitimately, she will fire some people if they look hurt in the eye the long way, including interns.
Speaker 1: She's a little nutty. Yeah. Number three on the list, doctor Phil.
Speaker 2: He makes a he has a no eye contact rule and is apparently one of the nastiest, most self absorbed people in the industry.
Speaker 3: I feel like you're reading a burn book, a Hollywood burn book.
Speaker 2: You're yes, ugly, nastiest. And of course number two of the lists Blake Lively. She has a very entitled, snobby, rude person to deal with kind of attitude. She throws tantrums on set, and she treats everyone like dirt and except for the director. But in this case, it seems like Justin Baldoni was part of that group.
Speaker 3: Blake Lively, I just imagine her being like Serena and gossip Girl, a hot mess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, an attitude.
Speaker 2: I think she's one of those girls that doesn't want to make everyone feel included, and that she is okay having side conversations and you standing there listening to her and someone else have a conversation like just I don't know, and she gives me the vibe. And then number one on the list, super surprising James Corden.
Speaker 1: This one makes me sad because I love Hardpool carry O.
Speaker 2: I know, apparently it's not the funny happy go like a kind of guy just explodes and has melted.
Speaker 1: You've hurt that a lot, so I'm a little bummed out.
Speaker 2: Oh, if you want to see the full list, we'll link it up on our Instagram right now at Excity six ninety Good morning, it's Mix ninety six to nine, the Valley's best Mix. We're gonna have your tickets to twenty one pilots coming up just around eight forty this morning. So sid, I just read that about eighty percent of Americans use GPS to get around where they're going, even if it's a place where they grew.
Speaker 1: Up, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: It is nuts because for me, I've been in Arizona my entire life, and just by default, I feel like I know the valley pretty well, now, exact addresses, obviously, I gotta use a GPS. Yes, but if you give me cross roads, I think naturally I can tell you what part of town it's in.
Speaker 3: Well, Priscilla, I thought we'd quizz you, okay on some cross streets. You knew kind of where it's at. Oh gosh, okay, So let's let's see. Let's see Miller and Osborne.
Speaker 1: Miller and Osborne, Tempe. No, wait, where is that Scottsdale. It's got a old town. Okay, close close, fifty sixth Street.
Speaker 3: In Indian School, that's Arcadia, Yes, like Phoenix, Arcadia, perfect southern and rural.
Speaker 1: That's Tempe.
Speaker 3: Yes, Maam, Gilbert and mckellips. That's like Mace Gilbert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, okayy that one. That one threw me because of the Gilbert. This was kind of tough. Well maybe not for you. Olive in fifty ninth Avenue.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's Peoria, Glendell like yeah, Elliott and forty eighth Street.
Speaker 1: That's Tempe.
Speaker 2: No Chandler, no, hold on, hold on, no, no, no, this one's hard Elliott in forty eighth Street.
Speaker 1: It's East Valley.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: Ahwatu gi oh okay that's technically Southeast Valley. Okay, so you didn't go for the most part, I know what city things are in. See all right on the way, we have your.
Speaker 2: Chance to go to our iHeartRadio Music Festival that's coming up just around nine this morning on Mixed ninety six to nine. As we're just trying to find a new red them, we thought it would be fun to start bringing in community friends, friends in our personal life, interesting people, and today I invited my friend Stephanie Morris.
Speaker 1: Hello. Hello.
Speaker 2: So Stephanie is one of my daughter's best friend's moms. And that's not the only reason I brought you in. It's like she gets an end.
Speaker 1: We have like radio nepotism here.
Speaker 2: No, but your life is really interesting because you're the super mom where you have like four kids involved in your kids school, like totally.
Speaker 1: Mom by day. But then you do stand up comedy. Yes, I always knew I want to do comedy.
Speaker 5: I always saw myself writing on SNL, And at eighteen, I applied for a writing job at SNL, really truly thinking I was gonna get a gig amazing. I think the email got lost somehow. I don't know that's it, but I got married young, I had kids young, and then it was during the pandemic when everyone was in lockdown and I had kids doing online schooling and I was going to lose my mind that I turned to my husband.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm going to start writing. I'm going to start doing stand up and he.
Speaker 5: Was super supportive, and I got on a comedy writing class and that teacher was the one that was like, this is how you get on stage.
Speaker 1: And That's what I've been doing ever since. So how often do you do stand up comedy?
Speaker 5: A couple times a month, A couple times a month. With work, it kind of gets a little more difficult. I do have four children, but when I can get stage time, I try to get on. I have so much fun doing it well.
Speaker 2: And you have some great stories about actual comedians that you've met, like big time comedians. Yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been able to work with some really incredible names. I did a weekend with Jamie Kennedy a few years ago, and just like those little experiences makes everything worth it.
Speaker 2: Well, you're gonna be hanging out with us this morning, and just kind of weaving into some of the fun stuff we're going to talk about, like the viral mom talk group that is going to have a documentary and they're going to expose all the drama, which is crazy. We'll talk about that in a few songs right here on Mix nine. It's mixed ninety six to nine in the Valley's Best Mixed Priscilla here. So there is this new documentary coming out on Hulu and it is so fascinating to me, this mom talk group of moms that look like they have their entire life together, but in reality they are a disaster.
Speaker 1: We blew up overnight, two million followers, nine million views. WHOA, it's been really crazy for us. Now there's a fight for mom Talk to.
Speaker 6: You, guys, can't keep doing this the dramas now with the husbands, the group is important to me.
Speaker 2: Being divorced and taking care of two kids would be kind of tough, so you make the decision.
Speaker 5: It feels like they're stuck in another era and it's starting to tear the group apart. Online it looks like we're all the bestest of friends, but we're not awkward.
Speaker 1: We're the most about out of the whole group. And then there are others. In what way do you feel like drinking helps you be a better mom. Oh my gosh, what is happening right now? There's going to be drama tonight. There's something in the air. What's your name, Taylor? At this time, we're replaced under arrest.
Speaker 2: That is the trailer for the Secret Lives of Mormon Wives coming to Hulu September sixth, And we've had my friend Stephanie in studio all morning hanging out.
Speaker 1: With us, and steph Yes, uh you. I don't want to say you relate to this, but you hope not. I don't know perspective. Do you want to tell people why this is so close to home?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm I'm a mom of four, stand up comedian. I'm also a member of the Church of Jesus Christ. A lot of these saints are as Hulu calls it, Mormons, and I have to be honest with you. As a Mormon wife myself, I think I think I have more in common with like the Secret Life of bees and the Secret Life of Mormon Wives. I And honestly, unless the secret is that they're all like Harvard grads that work from NASA, I don't think I'm gonna be surprised by anything they do, because the whole thing is that they were like famous on TikTok and it all played out like two years ago on TikTok.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the part that fascinates me the most. It's not like who they are and what their religion is. It's more so that these women are on social media act like they're the best of friends and that they have this entire unit and they're.
Speaker 1: Perfect and their marriages are incredible.
Speaker 2: And then you really start to like peel back the layers and they are a disaster, a disaster like the one girl what's her name, Taylor Paul or Taylor Frankie Paul. She was the one that like exposed this entire group and what they were doing behind the scenes. Yeah, And I'll be honest with you, after watching the trailer, I realize it's not like what their lifestyle is, it's literally who they are as a person.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, Like it could be the Secret Life of coal mining Wives and I would still watch it and still actually.
Speaker 2: That would be kind of cool. In fact, it makes me think, like, see what documentary would you like? The Secret Wives of like you know what I mean, the Secret Wives of Blank.
Speaker 1: I love a good wag story like wives and girlfriends of athletes?
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh, what's going on in the sweet like I would like to know like the secret life of like corporate ceo? Yes wives? Yeah yeah, because like what does that look like? Where's your husband? Why is he traveling for so long? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Why does you have a tinder in Boston?
Speaker 2: You live?
Speaker 1: Exactly? I'll be honest. I could probably never be the wife of a traveling ceo. No, I am too insecure for that. Not a chance.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're interested in this documentary, The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives is coming to Hulu September sixth.
Speaker 1: All right on the way.
Speaker 2: We have commercial free music, plus twenty one pilots tickets and your chance to go to our iHeartRadio Music Festival to see the newest addition to the lineup, cold Play. We'll have that all coming up this morning just after eight twenty. It's like sinety six nine the Valley's Best Mixed. Don't forget your chance to go to the twenty one pilot show is coming up around eight forty this morning. I'm Priscilla and Sids hanging out. We also have a special guest, my friend Stephanie Morris, who is a full time mom and a full time stand up comedian. Kind of in your brain, it's a stretch. Yeah, well, either way, we're gonna have some fun with it. And we got to talk about this woman that went viral on social media because a friend of hers foul owned a Tinder profile for her husband and she was a little.
Speaker 1: Naive thinking that someone was stealing his identity. Listen to this, someone made a tender profile with my husband's photos. But not only my husband's photos. They were my photos that someone took off of my.
Speaker 6: Social media and then cut me out of them. So I have a best friend from kindergarten. Her sister has Tinder. They live in New York. We live in Massachusetts now, and her sister screenshoted in was like, isn't this Katie's husband. What's the creepiest part about this is that my social media accounts are private.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's my gosh, that's where you lose me, lady. So much to unpack, so much to talk about it, Like, what were your thoughts where you saw this? Bless her heart?
Speaker 5: I man, the calls coming from inside of the house, and yeah, I think the fact that the information on the Tinder is.
Speaker 1: It correct to her husband. Is somehow proof that it's not him?
Speaker 3: I know, like, of course they're not going to use because we're he's not gonna use his real information.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's my question, though, Devil's Advocate, because we all love one, but why would I make it in Queens because they're in Massachusetts?
Speaker 1: That's my only thing. It's like, is it not far? I'm not really great with geography.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're not East Coast gals. Is it like a Chandler Higley situation? I don't know that's what it felt.
Speaker 1: Looking for an affair, I'm sure. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, here's my question is like, clearly we're all married and we're all very trusting of our husbands. But at the same time, if we saw a tender profile, my first thought isn't gonna be no.
Speaker 1: Someone created, someone stole his identity. My first thought would be like, excuse me, what? Yes? Yes, If anybody in this room.
Speaker 2: Would think that, though, I think it'd be you said, because you're so like really yeah, because you're like.
Speaker 1: Paul is amazing, the best person on the planet.
Speaker 2: Well, if you want to see this viral, If you want to see this viral video, we'll put it up on Instagram and you decide at makes ninety six nine FM.