Speaker 1: That was a great interview with the adoption services this last break. We need as many adoptions of humans on the radio and television as we do dogs and kiddies. All right, we have way, we have great interviews with the Humane Society. I love them. We don't do nearly enough on the human side. Mayor Do you agree?
Speaker 2: I totally agree. It is so incredibly important. I thank them for the work that they do, and having safe homes and parents and guardians and mentors is so important for our kids these days.
Speaker 1: The cost is insane, it is she just said, fifty thousand dollars it is to adopt a child in three year process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's made far too difficult, and so folks that are helping others achieve that goal and help kids in that way need to be commended. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I used to use that as a threat to my kids. I will put you up. You're an adoption soon, You're going if you don't get straightened out. How are you doing, your lovely wife.
Speaker 2: I did well. You know I've been doing so poorly at your trivia recent attorney that I thought I needed to bring in reinforcements to help with the trivia. When we come in here.
Speaker 1: It's good to see you. How are you put your put your headphones on? Because Dave Jennings is in the other room. Can you get to a dwight to join us? There you go, buddy, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not too good man.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: I went in the kitchen to get my mountain dew, and some dumb ass poured out every freaking mountain dew that we have, and there's a bunch of empty mountain dew.
Speaker 1: Can let me ask you one question, what is mountain dew heart smart or is it not? It's not heart smart, not tooth smart?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Political statement? Did not do become like a political thing.
Speaker 1: With Rachel Louisville tap water the pitch never stops. H Why he has been excited when you've come in, but no offense. Now your wife is here. The way he pushed you out of the way.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing. Here's the thing.
Speaker 5: So there's autouraze starts coming in, all right, yeah, And.
Speaker 3: And Mary Greenberg is leaguing the way he extends his hand up before you. When we saw you go look at him.
Speaker 1: I looked at him. I go, please, don't embarrass me. Don't embarrass me right now to you kidding me. You've been busy.
Speaker 2: It has been a busy week, but a good week here in Louisville. We've made a lot of progress and a lot of fronts.
Speaker 1: We had an Italian Ortinez. I don't know if you heard that break yesterday.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about judicial system a little bit later, but you have something that we might tackle this this this new So we we.
Speaker 2: Had a wonderful announcement yesterday with Attorney General Russell Coleman.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: We've been talking since his first days in office about what we can do to partner together where there has not been collaboration before between the state's attorney general and the city of Louisville, like the way that we're doing now. And so he is committed to reducing gun violence. He did that as the US Attorney for the Western District of Kentucky, and so him, Commonwealth Attorney Jerina Weather is myself also working with County Attorney Michael Connell and David Nicholson, our Circuit Court clerk really came together where Attorney General Coleman is adding prosecutors that are dedicated to prosecuting violent crimes here in the Louisville, so we have more more resources to put people behind bars that are committing violent crimes in our community's.
Speaker 8: Counnelling them to state facilities and federal facilities and not being released by local judges.
Speaker 5: Well, that's that's where I was going. Is, if you ask me, the problem is not with the laws on the books. The problem is with we have some lousy prosecutors and we got some lousy judges there make some horrible decision and violent criminals. You know, we can talk about taking guns off the street, but if you ask me, let's take convicted felons with guns off the.
Speaker 3: Street first and go from there.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: But it sounds like if that you guys are working together in tandem. And by the way, thanks for you and Attorney General Colan. You both crossing party lines and I'm seeing.
Speaker 3: A lot of that out. Yeah, man, good job, thank you.
Speaker 5: And by the way, talking about Attorney General Russell Coleman, is it just me or does he look like the perfect He looks like an Elliot Elliott Nest type.
Speaker 3: Look like them, you know what I mean? Like, Hey, we're gonna break up this mob.
Speaker 5: I tell you what's gonna happen on attorney in general, We're gonna make.
Speaker 3: Sure that I keep waiting.
Speaker 5: I keep waiting for Russell Coleman to say, if he pulls a knife, he pull a gun.
Speaker 3: Can get these flapper girls off the street. If he pulls rock, he pays scissors. He puts one of yours on the hospital, he put one his on the mag All right.
Speaker 1: No, But to a point Natalie and Martinez we had on the air, so to the prosecutor side, because I said, prosecutors are pretty on board, and she goes, hang on a couple of the situations they were where the judge is not even paying attention to what's in front of her or him, And then I said, well.
Speaker 3: The prosecutor's on board.
Speaker 1: She was like, prosecute didn't speak up, like prosecut didn't say, hang on, judge, did you see this? Did you see this? And that makes a difference, man.
Speaker 2: As I said earlier this week, when LMPD is doing the job we asked them to do, and identifies yes criminals, particularly violent criminals, particularly repeat violent criminals, and identifies them there need to be consequences for that individual and to deter other behavior. And so it is infuriating when LMPD does its job when we make good arrests, when we identify people who are doing incredibly bad things out harming our community, and then they end up not really having any consequences.
Speaker 3: I can't say that to what that does to the morale of LMPD. That incredibly hard fetus.
Speaker 1: To that point, we talked about a specific situation where a guy a fell in with a gun and he's got a mask on and he's sixty six, two hundred and fifty pounds and our darned LMPD guy's got to wrestle him on the on the sidewalk, and you know what, he's in a fight. He broke his apple watch, he kicked his door in, and this dude's one on one wrestling a sixty six, two hundred and fifty pound guy and they laid him out the next day. So the LMPD officer mayor why am I going.
Speaker 5: To add to the story. The judge has the mother on the phone. The judge was a Della Hanny and it says, hey, mom, shall let him go. Moms, in a shocking twist, the mom says, yes, let my son go.
Speaker 1: She does, And well, when I got to Rale the LMPD officer that gets in a fight with this monster on the damn street.
Speaker 2: One percent right. We have reached out to the judicial branch in my nearly two years as being mayor. We have tried to help educate them on the gang violence that we're seeing in our community, on some patterns of criminal activity that we're seeing, how they can be helpful towards reducing violent crime. And we are reaching back out again to reconvene those conversations. Excuse me, we need their help. We need the help of the judicial branch to reduce the amount of violent crime in this community. Chief Humphrey is off to a phenomenal start. We are headed in the right direction from l MPD, but we need to make sure that there are consequences when people are pulling the triggers.
Speaker 1: Uh so you so, so Rachel?
Speaker 3: So Rachel, what are you doing this weekend? What you're doing this weekend?
Speaker 1: We were going to ask you about young Kapoor and you we need you to answer truthfully as if we're in a court of law. So we need you to uh or we'll ask the judge to direct to the Waites. So young Kapoor. So Sundown tonight. Correct, no eat or drink until tomorrow at sundown. Now, we got the one part wrong. You don't set a table of food. That's that's a different come We didn't get wrong. You did, Okay, Okay.
Speaker 3: Rachel, that's not true. You don't set a thing of food.
Speaker 6: No torture. We have a big meal tonight.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, what will that be?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well it's a little different now because Craig is vegetarian. Yes, my favorite meal. I would always make brisket.
Speaker 5: Oh brisket will sing that from you.
Speaker 6: I can still make it, but it's it's hard to eat brisket by by yourself.
Speaker 3: That's what you're gone. Yeah, that's where that's where I come in.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So we were we were thinking about sending some kosher bear nose pizza to the house tomorrow at sundown seven.
Speaker 2: That works. People can eat whatever they want. There is a sort of tradition to have breakfast and to sort of break the fast with breakfast food. So, okay, you'll often see breakfast for you in the evening. Okay, people break the fast.
Speaker 3: So, but you're also supposed to make some amends, right, some atonements. Yes, So we're ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're ready, Come on, come on.
Speaker 2: What I have been taught and learned is that on young keep you're asking God for forgiveness, and so you're supposed to ask others for forgiveness throughout the course of the year as you go along and as you might.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do some Monday.
Speaker 1: So Mayor, what I think, No, hang right, hell, I think the mayor if there's some atonements you need to do with Rachel right now? And I think some things leaving towels on the floor or just running for mayor is in there.
Speaker 2: So I was actually gonna say just that.
Speaker 1: So Mayor, is there any atonements for Rachel says she's here live on the radio. That would make it even more apportant, And it's it's a broadcaster to God, actually, louder, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Start a toning away, Rachel. I atone for not putting my sweaty running clothes in the laundry as rapidly as I should gross.
Speaker 1: All right, it's okay, perfect, give her give her a minute here. She needs to, she need used to come up with something.
Speaker 3: There here we go.
Speaker 7: I do think that sometimes I I atone for occasionally not being I don't know, like not losing it.
Speaker 6: But I'm not.
Speaker 3: What you're saying, you have a temper.
Speaker 6: No, I actually don't have a temper.
Speaker 2: Not losing it.
Speaker 6: No, No, I don't think I have a temper. But sometimes I get frustrated.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I don't communicate it well.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: Is that your atonement?
Speaker 2: Is your frustration towards others? Sometimes this channel towards me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, Rachel even married twenty five years.
Speaker 6: Also, by the way, October thirty.
Speaker 2: Twenty five years.
Speaker 1: Is there any resentment towards uh, mister Trager in the corner that he gets more time with the mayor as Rachel, that.
Speaker 3: Is he on the phone? Do you say? Are you on the phone again with Kevin?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Are you? Is that what you here? Is there any of it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: But I do get worried sometimes Kevin.
Speaker 7: If Kevin calls, it might not be good.
Speaker 5: Is this?
Speaker 1: I suggested that we come on Tony and Dwight's show to do a therapy.
Speaker 3: What we're doing, it's a surprise intervention.
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 1: Though, that is a big step for Rachel to say. Sometimes I don't communicate well enough. I think you're your young Copoor is done that's right. You're you're done.
Speaker 3: No, no, you're done.
Speaker 2: To jump on.
Speaker 3: I can't do this, that's the wrong. There you go. Okay, let's do crusade for children.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Do that. You ready?
Speaker 1: Rachel is going to help you out on absolutely.
Speaker 2: Where'd you go to the college University of Michigan?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Did you also opposed to at Harvard Law School?
Speaker 3: Okay? Law school? All right, I went there too. Did you know Ted Mark? No, he doesn't know anybody.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm doing.
Speaker 3: This is a geography question to start things.
Speaker 1: Okay, everyone's sharing the brain, Dave Jennings, Rachel and Craig and then Dwight Whitten. So they add up to about two brains.
Speaker 3: So, Rachel, so you know geography is the study of shapes. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Uh. Buzzard's Bay Buzzard's question one. Buzzard's Bay separates mainland Massachusetts from what land mass.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I like that answer, Carl.
Speaker 5: Let's go it's a vacation. Rachel's shaking me off. I would say Mars Vineyard. That's where Jaws lives. You'll never catch me there. But yeah, let's go Martha's Vineyards.
Speaker 3: Martha's vineyard.
Speaker 1: I think the answer is going to be okay. Sometimes it was it's called something else, it's did you say Martha's vinyard? My answer is cape Cod is Martha's vineyard?
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, no.
Speaker 5: The ancient Mesopotamians referred to Cape Cod as Martha's vineyards.
Speaker 3: Way to go, Rachel, Way to go, by the way, Rachel.
Speaker 1: Rachel saved for children's tribute. I give money at the end of the year. We you stack it up, so it's too sixty right now, I'll go to to eighty if we get eight. To the next ten questions, Okay, here we go, thanks to the Mesopotamian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, way to go, Rachel Dwight. This one's for you. It's food question. Okay, great?
Speaker 1: What city is known for having its hot chicken?
Speaker 2: Yes? Some darn good hot chicken places right here?
Speaker 3: Did he say mayor green Berger? Did he saved?
Speaker 6: Why answer?
Speaker 3: I can't hide my frustration, Rachel. When it comes to Craig.
Speaker 1: Rachel, this is yours, all right, you'll start. If you can't get it, then the other ones can help you.
Speaker 3: Ready. True or false is why?
Speaker 2: No? No?
Speaker 1: Judd her real name.
Speaker 3: I think it's true or false?
Speaker 4: Why would you make that up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe it's not.
Speaker 3: I think it's a Barbara.
Speaker 1: She looks like a Barbara. It could be trure of false. I need to answer true or false? Why Judd's her real name?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Is false? I say false? Okay, good job, good job, hey Mary. When I answer question or not?
Speaker 2: I got Nashville Nae.
Speaker 1: Chicken, Christina Claire similar air. Christina Claire is her name. It's close to one.
Speaker 3: Nona Judge.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that's her real name.
Speaker 2: And they got three of them.
Speaker 1: There's three of.
Speaker 3: Them, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, Dave, Yeah, you're a musical guy, kind of tie to the mayor and his wife. Okay, to a certain extent extension. Nineteen sixty four Broadway musical The hit is center around a milkman and his five daughters.
Speaker 3: Ooh, that's really hard.
Speaker 6: We weren't born then.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 2: Something? Is that you? Jackman? To come back in that the music man?
Speaker 4: Well, sound of music.
Speaker 7: He comes in with music, musical instruments.
Speaker 1: Place in another country, sound of music one hundred years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh and then yeah, definitely, how about a hundred.
Speaker 1: He wishes, he wishes, he wishes he was I got rich.
Speaker 2: Man, I got this cat rich Man.
Speaker 3: There we go, Fiddler on the roof. That was that was Rachel.
Speaker 1: Rachel had it. And then she's saying it with.
Speaker 2: The bonus points.
Speaker 3: I was, I was gonna go with cats. I was this close.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, this one is a trick non trick question here, Okay, guys are doing good.
Speaker 3: Question five?
Speaker 1: Is there a woman's name on the Declaration of Independence? I didn't say is there a woman's name on the declaration?
Speaker 2: Are we able to do it? Like the word finder where you sort of circle diagonally the letters and you.
Speaker 3: Can't what you're talking about like words like a puzzle? You know what?
Speaker 1: You all are terrible students.
Speaker 2: It's got to be it.
Speaker 7: Yes, I think it's a lot of names.
Speaker 4: There's got to be at least one, even given the day.
Speaker 3: Well true, the story is it.
Speaker 1: Was copied by a company in Baltimore, Maryland, printed by Mary Catherine Goddard. So her name is at the bottom of Independent.
Speaker 4: So her name.
Speaker 2: But you know that the city of Louisville, thanks to generosity of the Malay family many years ago, owned there was are about fifteen copies of the Declaration of Independence that were made and the city of Louisville owns one of them.
Speaker 5: Their father donated it, so that that woman is the one that wrote it out and had to print it.
Speaker 3: And they said, how in.
Speaker 5: The world could she make all of these copies look alike? Some guy in the back went.
Speaker 2: She must be a witch.
Speaker 3: And they burned her. They burned her. Tragic. It was tragic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go back to musicals in Broadway. Dwight, you could give me a broad I know you hate musicals, but I think you're gonna get this right because I believe in you. My new heart, get heart smart, and I believe it.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 1: Come, what, Dave? Is the backup on this? And Dave, I'll give you two seconds to answer, because I know the answer. Maybe what are the names of the rival gangs and the story west Side story?
Speaker 3: Come on, buddy, I got this.
Speaker 5: Somebody do with airplanes, okay, the jets and think of John's and the Sharks?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, right about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where did you go?
Speaker 1: Very intimidating names in the early nineteen gangs were the Sharks.
Speaker 5: I'm a jet wish So when we come up on, let's make wish noises it all right?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: Mayor how many colors are in the spectrum.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's a tough one, man, I got that one.
Speaker 3: Oh wait a minute, five or six?
Speaker 4: What do you think? Seven?
Speaker 2: Red?
Speaker 8: Orange, yellow, indigo, violet.
Speaker 3: There's a reason you brought her.
Speaker 6: Okid elementary school teacher.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: I never would have never, never would have done anything.
Speaker 8: Remember Roy g biv Red orange, yellow? That's are you ready for a weird question?
Speaker 3: Impressive? Impressive or annoying?
Speaker 1: Here's we're all about atonement. I thought that was special, it really was all right.
Speaker 3: Question nine?
Speaker 1: Is there a fruit known as the winter banana?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: There is a plantain? Is there?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Or no?
Speaker 1: Is there a fruit known as the winter nana? Or is that just made up? I guess Paul Lynde, he's trying to read my eyes right.
Speaker 6: The new Heart is telling me.
Speaker 3: You know I'm going with Rachel no.
Speaker 1: So your answer is no, no, Yes, Greg Green Brady, you were right, Rachel, and I wanted to say yes.
Speaker 3: Craig, technically we had that one.
Speaker 1: You can't ask him food questions, and I'm sorry. Dave's right, I asked you a food question on you for tonight until tonight. Okay, by the way, Seven, ten, I looked it up. So the sun goes down at seven ten. You got which is good for today, but the bigger You're right.
Speaker 3: So you are just hunkered down? Or do you go to do mayor stuff?
Speaker 2: No, tomorrow will We'll take it easy and I will go to services.
Speaker 3: Can you help me move tomorrow? Last question is for the mayor. Okay, here we go for the win. For the wins.
Speaker 1: If you get this, you get this wrong, the kids will get less money and then.
Speaker 3: Be your fault.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Prior prior to the early nineteen eighties, the Japanese automaker Nissan was known as what.
Speaker 3: My sister owned one of these cars.
Speaker 4: I think it's I've got that one starts with the starts with a D.
Speaker 3: You probably you had friends and owned.
Speaker 8: One little Honeycomb Hubcat. There you go, Yeah, that's it. That's right, Dotson, that's right.
Speaker 2: I remember the.
Speaker 3: I was trying to picture the cars, and.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the dots in B two ten?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure? Yeah, right, thank you for the assist. Right the headline, you're gonna accurate. I was like, no, they started that company after Dotson.
Speaker 1: The Dotson was a reliable, at least mayor Rachel, Thank you for coming in and hanging out. Thank you guys, have a great week Thank you for walking across the aisle and getting things done for city, county, our state, and it makes our place a better p place to live.
Speaker 2: And go out to the zoo. But with the zoo this weekend, we're headed there right now to name the new Tiger Cub. Lots of great things going on after love Weekend.
Speaker 1: I told you last time to do screw something up so we can yell at you about it. You still haven't done anything.
Speaker 2: I got another weekend.
Speaker 5: Pizzas Pizza is Louisville Stop Pizza and the Pizza. The kicks off the weekend for the Wittons. A Big Mama Baron Knows a couple of number one tiki Listen, Hello weekend, I kiss you on your mouth. I invited the Greenberg's over for a Big Mama Baronos tomorrow, but they said, nay, we're doing the Yam Kapor thing. They're loss not mine.
Speaker 3: Folks.
Speaker 5: You're gonna love Barono's Pizzas Louisville Stop Pizza and the Pizza. The Constant gets back to the city of Louisville, Southern Indiana, the surrounding areas.
Speaker 3: That's what they do. They take care of your neighbors. Put some pride in your pizza, Baranos pizza. Yeah, it's that good. Stick around this week
Speaker 5: In Music on the Way, as well as news News Radio eight forty whas