Speaker 1: This is WWE Superstar Drew mcintylor, and you're listening to the WWE podcast show.
Speaker 2: The one that Everybody wants Me sixteen.
Speaker 3: So that's your ass is mind.
Speaker 2: You're going to acknowledge me?
Speaker 3: What is going on? Everybody?
Speaker 4: And welcome to another main event review. Thank you once again for tuning into this week's episode. Not really much updates from the last episode in a sense of anything that's groundbreaking. We're waiting on Naomi's decision and sort of her address to the crowd tomorrow's episode on Raw, where I suspect that she will relinquish the title. A lot of people are saying that she's pregnant, a lot of people saying she's injured, but I guess tomorrow will find out. And it's a bit of a shame that if she is to relinquish the title, because she's pretty much found her her feet in this new character, proceeding with caution and finally being a heel, which I think myself and a lot of people were very excited to sort of see how that dynamic would look, and she's far exceeded my expectations and it's going to be sad if she does drop the title, because I feel like that sort of He'll run was just getting to the best part. She obviously finished her sort of feud with Jade, and she was expected to probably have the Women's World Championship for a very long time here, so I'm not too sure what's going to happen with the title as well. I know Stephanie Vacour was up for a title.
Speaker 3: Clash in Paris.
Speaker 4: Eoskuy's probably going to be involved, and obviously Rare Ripley too, given that she's probably the face of the women's vision. But a lot of elements and.
Speaker 3: Factors that will have to wait for.
Speaker 4: But you never know, Knowing the way that WW has been kind of steering towards it could be another work. Doesn't seem like it's it is, but like you can't you can't rule it out these days because everything seems to be a work in the business. And last week when I mentioned that carring Cross will not be resigning with the company, you had that inkling that it was going to be a work. But the next day after I recorded the episode, he obviously made it official and sort of said that it wasn't a work either, So that's.
Speaker 3: Still a shame.
Speaker 4: I'm expecting to hear we want Cross Chance on this episode of RAW. I think the reason why we didn't hear it last week was mainly because everyone still may have thought it was a work. But now that it's official, I feel as though the cross chants are going to come out crazy in this week's episode of RAW, So I'm really expecting that to happen. But again, Naomi's going to address the crowd. We're going to see what's happening with the Women's World Everyweight Championship, World Championship, and we'll go from there. But yeah, that's probably sort of the main update I had. We had the Triple A Mania as well, l Eho de Vikingo winning the title against in that fatal four way match, beating all three ww superstars, and what I'm hearing down there is that it's sort of like a twenty fifteen Roman Reigns treatment for elih Or de vi Kingo. A lot of people don't like the fact that he's getting overpushed and the crowd is not really happy with that, so a lot.
Speaker 3: Of bad reception and booze for him.
Speaker 4: Obviously, Dominic Masterio got interfered by aj Styles which was probably one of the pettiest moves I've ever seen, aj traveling all the way to Mexico City to cost dom a title, so that will continue to ramp up and so sort of follow on RAW, and I sort of liked that. I sort of liked the idea that ww superstars are sort of crossing to different brands such as Triple R and storylines are sort of related to there, So I'm a big fan of that sort of kind of duo combo. And we may see l E or their Vikingo actually come on WWE brand sooner rather than later as well, So those things are all exciting nevertheless, and it was just great to see, and I watched it all the sort of WWE superstars that are on the main brand featuring there, such as the Judgment Day such as Los Garzas and a few others that I can't record on that mentalia as well, and obviously the three guys that competed in that main main event.
Speaker 3: It was great. It was really great to see and.
Speaker 4: Corey Graves and JBL were good on the MIC. I tried to listen in the Spanish as well, because trying to learn that on the side and that was also that was also really good. But we'll move on to main event now with the first match commencing again back to sort of normal proceedings. We have Raw segments and even some SmackDown segments today which will sort of address as well. But the first match being Carmalo Hayes taking on Axiom. This was the match of the night. I think you've crossed even the matches on Raw and SmackDown, to be honest, all the ones that they showed on main event was a really good match. It seems as though these guys have a similar size and weight, and you could see that they work together really well because of that, lots of counters, lots of nice superkicks, like obviously superkicks has become a transition move and not a finisher, but actually him pulled out some pretty lethal superkicks on Kamala Hayes. And even Kamala Hayes is just a great in ring performer, and we'll talk about him because.
Speaker 3: He he does get the victory.
Speaker 4: Here pulls the mask of actually and while the referee wasn't looking and then hits the sort of cutter I wasn't. I'm surprised they didn't go with nothing but net that is his finisher, but they didn't finish the match with that. But that's not the worst thing anyway. I think it's good to see something different and unexpected. But Kamala Hayes, I'm really a big fan of his character, and I'm really a big fan of his in ring abilities. He's probably one of the best young talents in ring and he was the number one pick. The commentators do right with that sort of saying, and it seems as though WW are trying to push him forward. It's a very stacked roster, so I can understand why he hasn't had any mid card or main event time, Like you've got in SmackDown Solo, that's the US Championship champion right now, and they're dealing with bloodline staff or MFT stuff, whatever you want to call it. And then you've got the the World Undisputed World Championship or ww Championship, which is obviously held by Cody Rhoad. So it's very hard for Kamala Hayes to integrate into those things. But what I do like is that the mes is sort of elevating him as well and trying his best to put him over and the Mes is doing something that's sort of significant to on SmackDown. Obviously the latest episode which doesn't cover on main event, so I can sort of mention it. We had the Mis taking the limelight of Kamala Hayes and doing the skull crushing finale and getting the victory, So it seems as though they're building up a bit of a feud between those two. The Mes pretending to be someone that's obviously supporting Kamala Hayes, but in the end of the day, he's trying to actually push himself over rather than Hayes. But off the sort of storyline, Mis is truly doing really well in trying to create new superstars, and Kamala Hayes is certain someone for the future.
Speaker 3: They know.
Speaker 4: They don't talk about him so much, but there are a lot of people that speak very highly of Kamela Hayes and he's a great in ring performer. He has the personality as well to back it, and it may mean that he might get a baby face turn here to sort of push him up, and not on main event, but definitely on SmackDown. He was getting a really really good reception from the crowd as well a lot of people were channing and cheering for him, so the fans are backing him as well, the ones that want to see Kamela Hayes sort of take it to the next level and do something that's significant, whether that's a face turn, turning on the mirrors to sort of propel him in that direction, or whether he continues to remain his persona and just continue to win the hearts of the universe. They'll be very good for him. And I think that's going to happen very soon. You can see this happening organically. It's sort of the same thing with sort of Austin as well, So yeah, it's the sort of kind of same thing, but we'll have to sort of wait and see. I know Austin is injured at the moment and we'll have to wait for him to come back. But again, it's still happening really well for Kamala Hayes there. So Kamala Hayes getting the victory here, Kamala Hayes getting the fans sort of on his side and looks like WWE on the main roster and moving him to do something pretty decent. And given that it's only a two hour window and SmackDown. Getting TV time there is tough to begin with, so it's good that Kamala Hayes is sort of still getting that at the moment. We then have Sampunk gone back to raw making his entrance to the ring, basically addressing the fact that he got cashed in on and interfered the match with Seth Rowlins. He does mention that he doesn't hate the game because he's cashed in on people before, but he most certainly hates the play in Seth Rowlins and says that he's going to obviously come after him and go for that World championship. That's when Ala Knight comes in essentially says that he cost him the match, basically saying that he should have dealt with Seth Rollins after.
Speaker 3: He was done with.
Speaker 4: Him, and basically he said that he understands he deserves his rematch, but he has to wait in line, as al A Knight's obviously the one that's ahead of him in the line to his thought, and then Punk basically said that how they expected him to win the championship when Seth Rowlins crashed, Curb stumped him on the concrete like a coconut, which I found pretty funny. It's why I'm sort of laughing before sort of reviewing that. But essentially they sort of go back and forth in that.
Speaker 3: That's where Paul.
Speaker 4: Hayman comes in to pretty much promote the Shulafalla and bron Breaker, saying that the future all that jazz and then ciampunk obviously gets challenged and they accept the challenge for a tag team match that.
Speaker 3: We'll see later on today.
Speaker 4: So just a bit of a promo to let I guess La Knight know or that Allen and I is still very much involved in this match. Obviously, the main kind of fallout will be that seampunkin so Rollins will go out at one on one for this title. But it's great to see l A. Knight involved in this heavily, and it's just good to see him on Raw. He just really suits the Raw brand. So I think they've done the swap with Sami Zain and La Knight. A bit interesting that Samuzain just moved to SmackDown so prematurely, but we're talking about La Night here.
Speaker 3: He's now a stable and Raw.
Speaker 4: He's getting that main event time, which is great, and he's going at it. We've seen him punk on the Mic as well, which is also something that I've been wanting to see too. So those guys later on will team up and take on the Vision, so that's their new name, and of obviously the Bronze which is bron Breaker and Bronson Reed, so that will be pretty exciting. One side note, I do like the as mentioned last week, going to repeat it again, the new kind of gimmick that Bronson Reid is doing with being the trouble Thief and the owner of the Shulafalla. It's a great little angle as mentioned. So he's going to officially take on Roman Reigns at Clash in Paris, which is quite interesting. Obviously, Roman Reins a schedule doesn't help this storyline build up, but there was a nice little backstage promo or sort of video promo of Bronson Reid talking about.
Speaker 3: This match as well.
Speaker 4: So hopefully this week's episode of Rule, I think Roman Reins is set to come. They sort of build up that storyline between those two, and it's just great to see that Bronson Reid is getting these big matches and he may not be the focal point of this group albeit actually probably the lowest sort of focuses on him. He's still getting big matches and that's important in himself, and they're really still trying to organically push Bronson Reid. But we all know that bron Breaker is the main guy here, but still Bronson Reid is getting his flowers there. So yeah, there'll be a match there officially for I announced that. But again, this tag team match will happen at the end of the show, which is also dressed on this and we'll get to it once we kind of go through the order of this. So the next match, we had Becky Lynch taking on Maxine.
Speaker 3: Dupre and Becky Lynch.
Speaker 4: They're giving a lot of women's into Continental Championship footage on these main events shows. I've noticed that most of the mid cards sort of screenings that they put on Raw is this is Becky Lynch heavily involved. We had the promo last time. We had a lot of La Valkyria and Becky Lynch promos leading up to some Slam too. And now we've got a match between Becky and Maxine Depri where we get we see Becky Lynch getting the victory for Disarma. This wasn't a long match at all. It was to sort of just put Maxine Depre on the map sort of make everyone feel and believe that she had a chance to win the title, but it has just to show Becky Lynch's bullying power and whatnot. What I did like was after the match, she gives a little chip kick to Natalia and it seems as though that not that Natalie is probably gonna win a women's Into Continental title, but puts her kind.
Speaker 3: Of back in the picture for now. We saw a triple ayr.
Speaker 4: Maybe she'll bring out that sort of MMA look against Becky Lynch. That would be nice to see. But again, Natalia is getting a little bump up, which is interesting. So she's getting main event or not main event, but raw main time, which is which is good main card time. So that's the that's also pretty exciting for her. Whether she does something with that, I don't know. She's obviously been in the in the in the industry for so many years and with the company for so many years, so we'll know what she brings and will know that she probably won't win the title, but she might make the feud interesting with Becky Lynch. I think Nicki Bella's schedule is also quite part time, so that's probably why we haven't saw her yet, but I think that's where they're going to sort of aim for for Clash in Paris or if not the next PLI because they had that promo a few weeks back, and I don't think Natalia is the end game for for Becky Lynch. I think the main focus will be with Niki Bella and them having their feud, especially coming off that crazy promo a battle that they had and Becky Lynch sort of completely rinsing her in the John Cne alliance. So they are saying that they're going to be there is going to be a match with Natalia. There will be a little bit of a feud there, but I think that will just go as far as probably one or two matches at the very best or least, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Then we go to main event.
Speaker 4: Well, actually know, we have a little John Sena promo with Logan Paul and that's where then Drew McIntire comes out. I think Logan Paul basically mentions that he's disgusted with the sort of new John Cena and basically challenges John Sena to match a Clash in Paris, which they have, and then Drew McIntire comes in, seems as though that Logan Paul and Drew McIntyre are buddies now, and that's where Cody Rhodes also comes in and sort of helps out John Sena there, and what I'll say about that quickly, Obviously Logan Paul and John Cena are going to be going against each other clash in Paris.
Speaker 3: We're probably going to see Cody Rhods and.
Speaker 4: Drew McIntire go against each other as well, and I'm very excited for that. Ever since Drew McIntire went on SmackDown, the first thing I thought about is when is he gonna averse Cody Rhodes and have a feud with him, because it seems as though since Cody Roads has been there, I don't think they've had a proper program together. And that was a program that I think I've been waiting for for a long time. And could you imagine if Drew wins the time, that would be simply incredible. I know it won't happen, but it's just great to see Drew McIntyre back in sort of those world Championship talks and sort of fighting for those titles. After a ruthless sort of feud with Sampunk, which was an unbelievable rivalry. People still discredit how good that rivalry actually was.
Speaker 3: Between those two. And now he's moving on.
Speaker 4: To sort of world title talks, which is great, and he might have a chance to beat Cody. I doubt he will, but that feud's going to be very, very exciting to see and it's just great to see Drew McIntyre around there. We still haven't got Randy Orden around, so I think that's going to be sort of again, like I said with Becky Lynch and Niki Bella, I think Randy Ordon Cody Roads is going to be sort of the endgame here leading up to potential at the end of the year, even WrestleMania, So look out for that because they haven't they haven't versed each other, and that's a program that I think everyone is waiting for and is excited to see. But for now, I think Drew McIntyre fills up that time perfectly between now and sort of WrestleMania season, so we'll see that kind of propeller hopefully as well.
Speaker 3: And then we go to the main event.
Speaker 4: Back on the main event show, the second match of the night, we have a Cura Tasaa taking on Grayson Waller. Here we have Grayson Waller getting the victory a pretty decent match. We had flushes where we thought a Cura Desar would have taken it from some decent counters, but Grayson Waller prevails and that's expected.
Speaker 3: We did see Otis. I mentioned at the start.
Speaker 4: I forgot to mention that it was good to see a lot of WW superstars. Otis was there and so it was Big Omost which won the battle rol.
Speaker 3: But Otis is back.
Speaker 4: So whether he comes back on Raw this week, I suppose he would. Maybe he's back from injury, but yeah, a Cura Tasa was all alone. It's sad because every time a Cura Desaa has a match, you don't see Maxine Deprix, But every time Maxine de Prix and Otis have a match, he's always there supporting them. But he comes out alone. Otis should be back. I think next week now now that we saw him at Trip the Are he loses to Grayson Waller due to the sort of munique and pretty type that he's got as a finisher. And yeah, I think with Grayson Waller, he's obviously honing into this sort of learning off the New Day gimmick, as obviously New Day are seen as the worst heels, not really, but they are, you know, in that mid card, and Grays and Waller fits that sort of mold too. But for now, I don't think anything is going to happen with Grayson wall until Austin Theory comes back, and that's where we'll see Austin Theory put over, like Carmela Hayes, because the WWE universe is sort of moving.
Speaker 3: Towards that and wanting that to happen. But with these.
Speaker 4: Injuries, it's very it's put a stalemate on this, and it's obviously been going on for a year and a half now, this sort of feud on and off between them, but they're officially broken up. And I suppose that the minute Austin Theory comes back, we'll get a program with these two, and I think that's what Grayson Waller needs at the moment. For now, I think he's all right to stay backstage and sort of hang out with the New Day and win matches our main event to get some momentum. But that's what we're waiting for, is Austin Theory to come back and sort of put a end to this this feud and put it end to this sort of breakup to again push push theory over the top to be one of the new excelling superstars there.
Speaker 3: But Gresse and Well looked good in the ring.
Speaker 4: Akira Tazawa as mentioned, I'm sort of over him being a part of this Alpha academy. I feel like it's a detriment to his character. He can do a lot more, but given his size and sort of the depth of how many superstars we've got at the moment, it does make sense that they put him in.
Speaker 3: This role and he's just a worker, workhorse.
Speaker 4: And he's just doing his job at the moment, But I'm sure he'd want to do something more, so.
Speaker 3: You never know, maybe he might need a bit of a.
Speaker 4: Dark side hill turn to sort of get back to what he was before, especially in his days in Japan as well, someone that was.
Speaker 3: A very very big wrestler back there.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we'll have to wait and see on that, and then we get onto the main event, which is Siampunk taking on Siam Punk and La and I taking on the Vision with the two bronze we have.
Speaker 3: Had sort of enter the halfway point of the match the match.
Speaker 4: The full match wasn't obviously done there, but we got Seampunk getting in the hot tag looking to sort of get the victory, about to put a go to sleep on bron breaker.
Speaker 3: That's when Seth Rowlins comes in.
Speaker 4: And before that, we had a backstage promo basically saying Seth Rolins was going to leave and take his private jet. We all knew that was a lion. It was proven when he came out and sort of disrupted the match. It was expected there. It was a way to not I guess, hurt anyone or diminish anyone in this tag team match. And then we had jay Uso come into the ring with a steel chair, so that was a nice surprise. Everyone was thinking the OTC would come. But Jayusho came out for steel chair, hit a few of the bronze with fair and then Seth Roans obviously made his way out of the ring, and that's when Adam Pearce came in to basically announce that we'll have a.
Speaker 3: Fatal four way match.
Speaker 4: And before I talk about the fatal four way match, I'll continue on. We then had Seampunk in La Night going out against each other, La Night hitting an Elbow and jay Uso and then Punk in l A Night continuing to sort of fight at each other, throw some punches, and that's when bron Breaker came in and speared the hell out of CM Punk. He's just got an unbelievable spear, doesn't he His spear is just simply fantastic, I think, honestly saying, and I know it's early, He's probably got one of the best spears I've ever seen spears Seampunk. And then we had obviously ronson Reed take care of of the guys in the ring, then bron Breaker spearing La Night from outside the ring. We hit Bronson Read hitting to a tsunami on jay Uso, and then Seth Rollins curve stumping Seampunk and curve stumping La Night too, obviously Seampunk being the last one, saying that he'll never get near the title again. And we haven't en cut off the vision just standing taller than everyone else. So this is going to build up the fatal four way, and I think importing jay Uso into the match for me means as though that he's going to eat the pin because the storyline has been heavily focused on and this is from just Seth Rolins directly all a Knight and Seampunk sort of fighting for that match between Seth Rowlins and wanting to get to him, whereas jay Uso has been more focused on the Bronze and trying to just handle them rather than directly having anything to do with Seth Rolands. So for that alone, I think that jay Uso will take the pin here, and I think that will be the right decision. We obviously know that Seth Rowlins is going to somehow keep the title, and what's a bit strange about this is that he's told the Bronze that they've been banned from ringside before, but there's no consistency here because it doesn't seem as though that they're going to be banned from ringside. So they're obviously going to get into the match and disrupt it. At Clash in Paris, It's very predictable. Although I'm excited.
Speaker 3: For a fatal four way I do.
Speaker 4: I do really like fatal four way matches because you get to see different sort of combinations. I like when faces battle against each other too. We know that Seth Rowlins is going to come out victorious. The way they sort of doing it, I think they're setting up Jus to take the pin, and Sam Punk is going to be the one that was probably the closest to winning it, because obviously that is the main sort of feud those two, who I think now have been going at it since Punk has been back, which which is great. I know they've had their feuds in between, but it's great to see those two still battling up against each other.
Speaker 3: It's a real organic rivalry two.
Speaker 4: I think now they've sort of respected each other a bit more, but at the same time, there is some real tension between these two.
Speaker 3: So it makes the program really really good.
Speaker 4: And I really do like that those two are just always back and forth against each other. And yeah, people can say that they're over it, but to be honest, I think it's great. It's great to see Sam Punk and Seth Rolands go at it against each other. Given that the reaction that seph Rolans had when CM Punk first came back was real, it felt real, it looked real, and you've got to give credit where credits due there.
Speaker 3: And now that Seth Rollans is a heel, he's so much better as a heel.
Speaker 4: Personally, I love this sort of gimmick that Seth Rollins is running, always having his faction group, always cheating and finding ways to win. That's just reminds me of the Seth Rolins back in the Authority days and sort of when he was a heel as the Shield. I think that he can obviously be a very good babyface, but fundamentally I think as a heel he does his best work and he sort of reminds me of Triple H as.
Speaker 3: A heel worker. So just extremely impressive.
Speaker 4: And Seth Rollins has been such a big sort of acquisition for the company ever since the Shield days, and he's always working twenty four to seven, so it deserves to be where he's at.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of my Seth Rollins compliments. Done for there.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we'll have the match between those four to sort of, I guess wrap up Clash in Paris. I suppose that'll be the main event. Maybe seam Punk and Drew McIntyre will go up against each other, but it feels as though this match is worthy of it being the main event over the match between Cody and Andrew McIntyre. Should they add that to clash im But again, that pretty much wraps up this week's episode. Of the Main Event reviews. Thank you very much for tuning in. We'll be back next week with normal proceedings and then we'll have sort of the Clash in Paris review slash Main Event matches to sort of address as well. Again for those that are listening, probably for the first time. The reason why I do that is because when Clash in Paris comes out, or when the PL's kind of come out, it's sort of the same time that Main Event releases their episodes on YouTube now, and it just defeats us from going back into sort of raw.
Speaker 3: Segments that happen a week back. Because the Main.
Speaker 4: Event show releases a week after Monday Night Raw. Obviously, this is supposed to be filmed before that Raw if you're following on properly. So obviously that raw has the storyline sort of wrapped up at the PL. So it just saves me talking about a PL or a promo or a match that leads up to that and repeating what we've already seen and what outcome we've already seen in the PL.
Speaker 3: It sort of just wraps that up.
Speaker 4: So yeah, again, that's why I do it like that, And personally, I just like to talk about main show as well. It gives me a chance to review PL's too, and if I wasn't doing that, then the main event reviews would go for literally five minutes because the two matches are normally, again not storyline heavy, but again they're still important because they give you an opportunity to see which superstars or where they at in terms of trying to get into the main roster and trying to sort of break through into main storyline, and people like Kamela Hayes that get on main event gives us a chance to talk about him and give you my review and sort of see where they are in sort of their in their career and WWE and what they're looking to do or what they should be doing in my opinions. And then you also have those that, like you look at Natalia right now, who is now on the main card, she had a lot of matches before on main events, so you get to see sort of how they perform on main event, who they're coming across, and how that translates to the main shows as well. So again that's sort of my little wrap up of why I do the review and I really do enjoy it. It's been good doing these reviews with you guys and each week trying to make them as best and improve on them as well. So yeah, again, thank you so much for for tuning in and I will catch you guys on next week's episode.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to WWE podcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.