Speaker 1: Uh. The nine.
Speaker 2: First warning on the forecast is as follows, cloudy day to day I high a forty over night low of thirty with a possible winterry mix. They say isolated. Probably start out the morning with that too. It's a possibility as long as well as a possibility more snow tomorrow during the day thirty five for the high, down to twenty five overnight with clouds and a party. Cloudy Saturday, higher thirty four thirty five right now traffic.
Speaker 3: Time probably US Tramphang Center for Unmatched Cancer Care choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center. The only regional program offering proton therapy called five one three five eighty four. Beam crews continue to work by the wreck inbound seventy four before you got seventy five let lanes blocked off. Traffic backs towards Montana. Southbound two seventy five continues slow between the Lawrence Perg Ramp and the Carrel Cropper due to the lane closures. Northbound seventy five break rides buttermilk Kyle's chuck ingramont fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty three fifty five KR se detalk station I Love the Marias, and I know that my next guest, Dan Claire, who's chief communications officer for Disabled American Veterans, does as well. They've got a Patriot boot camp. He's gonna tell us all about it. Welcome to the program, Chief Communications Officer Dan Claire.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning. I am a huge fan. I'm surprised I'm not singing the fifty five KRC Tri State weather jingle right now.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you listen to the program. I certainly appreciate it, and I very very merry christ What.
Speaker 1: You care deeply about veterans and we're big fans.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I absolutely do, and I will admit readily a lot of it has to do with personal guilt for not having signing it out a lot of myself and serve my country in the American military. But I'm trying my best for the last eighteen years to make up for that by celebrating the American veteran, thanking them for their service to our country, having the huevos to sign that that form and serve their country, not knowing anything about where they're going to go and what corner of the universe they're going to land. But I just just I love the veterans, and the veterans I met are just such quality, awesome human beings. I mean, just collectively across the board, you're you're great people. So it is a privilege to be in a position to support the work that you're doing. So let us you're it's Patriot boot Camp dot org is your website? Do I have that right?
Speaker 1: That is? That is the website for entrepreneur program at dav Okay.
Speaker 2: Now tell that my listeners about the boot camp. I understand it's being held this February in the Greater Cincinnati area.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, February five through seven. We're going to have a cohort come through thirty five to fifty veterans and we're going to give them the building blocks to build their businesses. These are all entrepreneurs, their spouses, they're veterans, some of them are military veterans, some of them are active duty spouses. And we're getting them in and we're giving them of building blocks to make business successful for him. I just heard earlier this morning you were talking about how important small businesses to America. We believe veterans have the resilience, the discipline, the creativity to really contribute to our society this way, and we're just thrilled to invest in veterans and believe in their potential.
Speaker 2: Dan Claire, I'm going to pause right now because I went a little along with my prior guests, and I want you to be able to develop or at least offer some additional information about how you go about helping these veterans develop businesses. So we'll pause and again it's Patriot boot Camp dot RG. But we'll bring Dan back in just a moment after I mentioned my friends at Fast and Pro Roofing, because they are indeed my friends. I know. The owners are just absolutely wonderful people. Ray and Amanda have put together the best possible roofing team, made even better because of course my future son in law, Eric works for them and has for a number of years now, and he's been in the roofing business for a long long time. You may get him on your roof doing the free inspection and free quote if you need the work now. Eerck'son honest young man. That's one of the reasons they hired him. They are an honest roofing company. And there are a bunch of rip off artists out there and every time I mentioned that, and they have been for years. It just irks me that there's these businesses out there that would take advantage of a senior or someone who doesn't want to get on the roof or really know anything about looking at what, you know, what a roofing problem might be. So they get on your roof, they don't find anything. They're not going to come down and tell you that you need to buy something you do not. They're not going to tell you need a new roof when you don't need one. But if there's something wrong up there, they're going to find it and they're going to give you a great price to fix it. Ask my friend Steve about that. He had no idea he had a roofing problem. He called him to do his sighting work, so they expected his roof. Of course they would, and they found some latent defects and got those fixed, and he was really pleased, in fact, so please his son had an emergency. He called. He got his son to call Fast and Pro and they were over there the very day he called them because rain was pouring down into his house. So you know, that's the kind of customer service you can expect from my friends at fast Pro, so get in touch with them, call them up for that free inspection. Five one three, seven seven four ninety four ninety five. They do commercial and residential ruse and they do all kinds of rus not just shingle. They do metal and terracotta work and slate and also custom work like metalwork and box gutters. It's beautiful. It's craftsman level stuff. Folks. Fasten fast e n fastenpro Roofing dot com again five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five fifty five card tox Team Weather Time nine first forty one forecasts gonna have cloudy day to day high a forty got possible isolated wintery mix going on overnight, otherwise overcast and a low of thirty might wake up with that wintery mix going to change the snow possibly and a high of thirty five, overnight low of twenty five Tomorrow night with clouds and a partly cloty Saturday high of thirty four thirty five. Right now, if you have KC detalk station, what's going on with traffic?
Speaker 3: Chuck from the UCF Tramphings Center for Unmatched Cancer Care. Choose the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center, the only regional program offering proton therapy called five one, three, five eight four. Bean CRUs just cleared the accident inbound seventy four that was in the west lane before seventy five. Some traffic's starting to move a little bit better from Montana southbound two seventy five is a slowgo between the Lawrenceburg Ramp and the Carrol Cropper with lane closures. Chucking ramon fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 2: A thirty nine coun eight forty fifty five KRCD talk station or a Happy Friday eve to you love helping the American Veterans out, insaid of Dan Claire with the he's the chief communications officer for disabled American Veterans. Can find them online at what did I say was Patriot boot Camp dot coms, which we're talking about. So the Patriot boot Camp you are providing training and information about starting small businesses. I know veterans are really kind of, you know, out of the box extincters. You know, they got to, you know, do a lot of things on the fly, and it seems to me like they're the ideal small business. They have the resources and intellectual capacity or wherethal and go get her kind of tendencies to be wonderful small business owners. But you know what, I don't know Jack squat about business as my friend. I have always been a W two employee and people can make fun of me for that. But it just seems like such a challenge Dan to start a business and run it, Like I mean, is this the kind of thing? Are they going to be working with people who've been there and done that kind of thing?
Speaker 1: Oh? Absolutely, this is a program and DAV was founded here in Cincinnati. We're nationally headquarter here in Cincinnati and the Cincinnati community, the entire region. CEOs have made this a priority, getting veterans up to speed, helping them with helping them as mentors. We're gonna have thirty five to fifty veterans participate stat in February. That means that we're going to have thirty five to fifty mentors. And those folks are coming right from our community, our CEOs, our local folks just coalescing around these folks to give them the startup education that they need, the mentorship, access to resources, talking about funding, branding, all the things that they need to know. Some of the things that they lost that other business owners were kind of acquiring as they went. These folks were in military service, so this is just making business accessful to them. It's giving them the building blocks they need, solving some of the initial problems they have so that they can succeed.
Speaker 2: How long you been doing this, We have been doing the program.
Speaker 1: It was actually founded by tech entrepreneurs and they said, can we be doing more to get veterans into tech? Can we get them? Can we make them job creators? And for dav you know, we help with benefits all the time. You're a big proponent I know of veterans getting help with their benefits because it's such a challenge to go through that process. This is a chance terns and to job creators, benefits providers, and like you said, it takes a special special kind of courage to put, you know, kind of start over in the world and say I'm going to invest in myself. I'm going to invest in this business idea. What we see with these veterans are they're mission oriented people. They're doing there, They're going into businesses that help their communities. It's an amazing program and I want to thank the entire I want to thank you in the entire Cincinnati area because we couldn't do it without so many great business leaders who participate.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know, thank you for your service to our country. I know you're a Marine Corps veteran of the Persian golf and Air Force veteran of the war in Iraq and you probably served your country. You continue service to the American veteran with this, And so now all the ears perked up, and I got a lot of veterans out in the audience are going, hmm. That sounds something that I'm very interested in. So how can interested entrepreneurial minded veterans apply.
Speaker 1: You know, we have the thirty five to fifty people we've only had, you know, we only usually have a couple from the area. So it's really easy to get in on Patriot boot Camp. Visit Patriot boot camp dot org if you want to mentor and help these veterans. If you have a skill, a talent, a subject matter expertise that helps entrepreneurs, we want you to sign up as well. You can visit us at Patriot boot Camp dot org. Our next cohort, like I said, it's February five through seven, and we'll be back in the spring May fourteen through sixteen. This is a free program. Everything DAV does we provide at no obligation or costs to veterans of all generations. Spouses are included in that. People just have to get here, and for people in this area, there's no excuse not to. You know, there's no hotel, no airfare. Just come on in and we're going to take care of you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that's awesome. I'm really glad you pointed that out, because quite often the costs associated with some of these things can be the one stumbling block for someone who's otherwise very motivated to do it. So on behalf of all the veterans and those you've helped. Thank you very much for that. Now, speak of those you've helped. Why don't you give my listeners before we part company today a success story. I know there's somebody, some you know, some person out there who really made a go of this and has proven how wonderful this this boot camp turned out to be for them. Can you give us one of the success stories?
Speaker 1: Oh? Absolutely. When I think of success stories and I think of Cincinnati, I think of Alan Parvis. He has a company called Go Faster in the Marine Corps. You know, you you they rename everything. You know, your bathroom's ahead, now you're you know, they rename everything. Well, they call tennis shoes for running. They call him go Faster, So he calls his company Go Faster Athletic. You can visit it at go Fasterathletic dot com. He's a Marine veteran. He's creating a shoe that is a hybrid road shoe running shoe, so it has the comfort trail shoe, so it has the comfort of a road shoe, but you can take it off trail. Really helpful for veterans who like to get out there and run. And there's another person. He's looking to give back. He's looking to build shoes in America, give back to our economy, create jobs, and contribute. He's here in Cincinnati. Amazing company, great product.
Speaker 2: Just one of our great success stories hel On Parvus that is fantastic. So that's another little ounce of motivation for folks to get in touch with the at Patriot boot Camp dot org against February fifty seventh. It's free. You're going to learn a lot of skills from people that are in the know. Again, doubling down on your point earlier. If you are an entrepreneur, has been successful and you know how these things work, help out the American veteran, join the program and teach these folks the skills they need to be successful in the private world, because sometimes transitioning from the military into this private sector is not an easy thing to do, even if you're just pursuing it a typical W two job like me. They live in a different world. They have, you know, that collective environment that they are taken out of and then thrown into this new, crazy world of the those who have not been in uniform, and that transition is tough enough. But you got the mind and you're interested in being an entrepreneur, it sounds like this is a wonderful way to go. Dan Claire, thank you for your service to our country and your ongoing service to the American veteran. Keep up the great work, and I'll be looking forward to having you back on the show sometime and hear more about these success stories and further promote the Patriot boot Camp. Maybe we'll do that in advance of the May fourteenth to sixteenth program.
Speaker 1: We'd love it. And Todd Cassini and Diana are listening, so they said hello as well.
Speaker 2: Tell him. I said, Hi, yeah, I'm the one that introduced them. I'm taking credit for that. I went to high school with Dianastrul. She's an awesome, awesome, awesome lady. And Todd is one of my best friends from childhood. And you know what the minute I thought when she said she was coming back to town, like I gotta fix her up with Todd Cassini. So that's great. That made my day. Dan Claire, thank you for your work. And tell them both. I said, Hi, that's wonderful. It's seven forty at fifty five year see the talk station. Oh that's hilarious. QC kinetics not hilarious, but actually you're gonna love it. You know, they have helped tens of thousands of people get rid of that pain, knee pain, hit pain, joint pain. Arthrit is kind of pain, you know what I'm talking about. You may have been living with it for a long time now, and your doctor may have said the S word in front of you, and that will be surgery in the context of you know, years of maybe steroid shots that don't provide lasting relief, or any other thing you're doing like pain medications, you know it would be holding to a pharmaceutical company. How about using your body's natural healing properties, which they do in the office with no downtime. They concentrate those healing properties and put them right where that pain is and again providing lasting relief. So how about that. Imagine no more steroids, no more pain pills, and not having the downtime and all the problems associated with surgery. Give it a shot. Talk to them. You get a free consultation up front. If it isn't gonna work for you, they can tell you that, but it may very well, and that's what you want. Live your best life in twenty twenty five, call them up, schedule that free consultation five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time. It's QUC Kinetics five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 3: Join Eric McCain