Speaker 1: I like this question right off the bat. For Today's Minnesota Goodbye, Today is Monday, February third, twenty twenty five. Maybe every podcast we should start by saying the date, but doesn't it say that in the description of the podcast. I guess I never mind, So this one I really like. It's a fun, interesting question. Random question from Kristen. What is one of your favorite behind the scenes facts for a movie? One for me is that the making of Titanic, the crew built the wrong side of the ship for the port scene. The port is the left, starboard is the right. They had to make everything mirrored. All the numbers, words, and clocks are backwards. So in other words, I guess when you watch the movie you will maybe notice the numbers, words, and clocks are backwards. Maybe or maybe they had to paint them on the ship backwards so when they filmed it it would look right.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Interesting, it is interesting. Wow, thanks guys, love you. Right. That's from Kristen. I have one and I think it's really fun. Back to the Future, Eric Stoltz was cast as Marty McFly and Eric Stultz was about like six weeks into filming and they realized that it was not working. Do you guys know this story now? Because Eric Stultz's vision of the movie was it was dark, and you would go back and you would meet your parents and then you would change their lives. But then when they got older and they looked at their son, they would have had to realize this was the guy that came to us back in nineteen fifty five. Yea. And Eric Stoltz saw it as a dark and he played Marty McFly not as like wacky, funny, silly, but dark. And so the director Robert Zemeka said, this is not fucking working. Yeah, And I guess they had discussions and Eric Stoltz thought he had a better vision. So they recast Michael J. Fox and it was you know, I know some people love it, some people don't.
Speaker 2: I love that great movie. Yeah, great movie.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking at pictures and like it looks like, yeah, they got some filming done with this guy with Eric Staltz.
Speaker 2: Also, Eric spols is kind of hot.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's one of the things that I mean, Michael J. Fox was cute, but he wasn't hot, so it wasn't a distraction that he was. Like I saw a movie not too long Ago with Halsey as like a cameo. Yeah, and it was distracting because it was like so clearly Halsey. It's like, that's why I don't think Madonna or Justin Timberlake has ever been able to do movies, because you look at them and you go, that's not the detective. That's not Justin Timberlake. Yeah, that's not the you know, the I don't know the bus driver. That's Madonna. So anybody else have a fun fact about a movie?
Speaker 4: Man, I feel like I should working for Bubba Gump for so long, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head. The only thing I do remember is I did one of those Warner Brothers tours when I was in La once and one of the fun facts that I learned, it's not about a movie, but for The Walking Dead, the sound effect that they used to have, like bones cracking, would be pieces of salary hitting each other. That's how they'd get the sound for bones and Walking Dead. They just hit celery together salery.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Wow.
Speaker 3: I know in the notebook that they filmed all of the scenes where Ali and Noah are like older adults. They filmed all of those first so that they could get kind of like the awkward Oh, we're just you know, coming back together after years and years of being a part. And then Ryan Gosling shaved his beard and lost a bunch of weight so he could play younger Noah for the rest of the movie.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of these. If you've got one, send it to us, because that's really fascinating. Somebody pointed out to me that in Home Alone, everything in the McAllister House is red or green. Oh yeah, and if you look at it, everything is red or green. That's cool, and it's just like very deliberate and it's not filmed in the real house. It was a set built inside of an abandoned high school gym neat so everything inside the McAllister House was built inside the abandoned high school.
Speaker 2: Jim, I love that.
Speaker 3: I prefer when they build their sets like. That's why I think Wicked was so nice. It's because they built most of the set rather than just using green screens, because people just use green screens for everything around everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next one, Miranda writes in I listened to the the Bruno Mars song and Sexy Red after you guys talked about it the other day and you guys talked about how filthy the lyrics are. You guys were definitely right, but damn, it's a catchy beat. I couldn't help but dance anyway. Dave, why are you so disgusted by lyrics like that? When you say all the time how you love when people are vulgar and filthy and you find it funny, Like yesterday when somebody had an email with the word cock in at about ten times. You laughed and said you love how vulgar she was. But you said the lyrics of that song were discussing and too much for you, such an unimportant question, but I was curious about it. And who knows, maybe you're short on emails and this will give you something to talk about for thirty seconds. Okay, that is from there's a difference between and it's a subtle context thing to me, like when Juanita is like, I can't fucking stand it when my fucking kids come in the fucking house with fucking dirt on their feet. That's funny because it's it's somehow different. But that was just vulgar and disgusting and gratuitous.
Speaker 3: If you aren't they what if what if they're making it a joke on purpose, Like what if they're doing that to be I think.
Speaker 1: They had to be. I think that, Yeah, I mean it was so I don't know. It's kind of like Cardi B And what the Wop song? I thought that was disgusting and not funny or cute, But it's all context and humor is all very personal things.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I love that New Fat Juicy and whats.
Speaker 4: It just has like this beat that makes you want to dance, like you can kind of ignore the lyrics if it really isn't your vibe and you can still like dance to it in a jam, do what I feel like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Brune Mars is just he's perfect every I can never find a cault in him.
Speaker 1: Have not gotten her word back from the large penis guy. There was a guy they it's taught about a terrible PR firm. They reached out to us and said, there's this guy named Matt Barr, known for holding the title of the world's largest medically confirmed penis at fourteen inches. And I wrote back and I said, yeah, love to have him on nothing yet. Wow, So that is not a good PR team. Next one, good morning you beautiful people, says Stacey. I'm ready to tell Bailey thank you for promoting the arts because of how appealing you make it sound. My mom's sisters and nieces ventured into the big city from my comfort, comfy, rural, very tiny town to go to the Luminary Arts Center for a Candlelight Strings tribute to Fleetwood Mac Nice. It was one of the greatest experiences I've had in my forty one years of living.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: We will now be going to some type of art show once a month. I don't like people much and I have social anxiety like crazy, but I took some ash Wagonda and Kava. Very good for anxiety. Jenny, you should look into it for flying. The beauty of this concert really opened my eyes to how much I want to experience. Bailey, you are an incredible human. Peek keep being exactly who you are. It's really admirable. I'll attach a video of the string quartet. Oh yeah, love, light and peace, says Stacy.
Speaker 2: Thanks Stacy.
Speaker 3: I've been to the Luminary Art Center and that place is so nice and that's cool. I've not gone to one of those candle Light Strings things, but I've heard of them, and they do seem just like lovely to sit and listen to, especially like Fleetwood Mac. Like that seems like the perfect vibe for candle light.
Speaker 1: I do love Fleetwood Mac so cool.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of you, Stacy, go.
Speaker 1: See more things here is Sean writes, saying, hey, Bailey, sound the alarm. They just released nutty body cream pies. What is that? What does that even mean?
Speaker 2: I love nutty Boddy or nutty bars.
Speaker 4: Nutty Buddy is those bars that are kind of like a bigger kit Cat where it has like the layers of peanut butter and wafer and then it's covered in chocolate. So so I think it's calm nutty Buddy.
Speaker 2: My gosh, I'm looking at a picture right now. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: They look so good, soft baked Nutty Buddy cream pies, soft peanut butter cookies with chocolatey coating and peanut butter cream.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's giving like a taglong Girl Scout cookie vibe.
Speaker 2: But giant yeah big.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I can't wait, Oh, I can't wait. I love Nutty Buddies, so I am racing out. Bye, I gotta go buy these.
Speaker 1: It's funny. I mean, nobody cares about this story, but I'll tell you anyway, we did ukulelely Club here at the radio station yesterday and we said, hey, let's bring everybody, bring a treat, bring a snack. So I brought little meat and cheese, cred and cracker tray, and somebody brought their two soft oatmeal cookies about the diameter of a hockey puck and then inside his thick cream between the two of them. And I am not a sweet person, but I could not resist. They were so good, like the like.
Speaker 2: The Little Debbie cream pie oatmeal cream pies, but homemade.
Speaker 1: I believe they might have been. Oh yeah, yeah, anyway, shout out Ukulele Club. We had a great time yesterday. And new member Katie, who was actually she listens I think religiously to the Minnesota Goodbye. And she wrote in a story one time about how her husband wanted a BJ but he had just gone to the bathroom and she said, no, not until you take a bath. Yeah, do you remember that story?
Speaker 3: You think?
Speaker 5: I do remember that story.
Speaker 4: And I don't fully disagree with her because like I'm the same way, like me just personally if and just trying to get freaky, and I just don't feel very clean. I'm like, I'm going to shower first, like I don't want you in that area, like after the day I've had, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I get that. Very courteous of you, Page writes in I nearly dropped my phone. Would listen in to the January thirtieth podcast as Bailey said that she used to have a substitute teacher who flipped the first initial and last initial of your name for the roll call. She used the example Hailey, Bess.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's me was the substitute.
Speaker 1: Teacher who flipped the initials of your first and last name. Mister Pratt.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was, okay, and he had seven kids, I think, and they all had vowel names, so it was AEIOU, and y. So six kids, okay, and that's the first letter of each of their names started with one of those because I remember he had Win Pratt, which was why, and N Pratt was why. Okay, Win Pratt, and I don't remember any of the other one's names, but I remember Win Pratt.
Speaker 1: They go on to say, I'm an Anoka High School graduate, the real a town. No, and over forever and throughout the years, we had a substitute named mister Pratt who would do this. He was always a little different but had such a great classroom control, and looking back now, I think he genuinely enjoyed being a substitute teacher. His wife was also a sub on occasion as well. Yes, funny how those certain things stick with us.
Speaker 3: From page I remember his wife wasn't as fun as he was. He was really fun, like very kind of clowny a lot, and his wife had she had like a lisp, and she was not as nice, but she was still kind. She had curly hair.
Speaker 2: In classes, I remember both of them very well. A good times.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, well, that's cool, you know what. I think teachers are very happy that you remember them fondly. All right, A couple of more emails here on the Minnesota goodbye. Let me pull up the next one heard on here we go. Okay, sorry about this, here we go. Hey, morning show crew, says Hannah need some advice. I have someone's trying to be a friend and I can't stand them. But I'm also a people pleaser and I don't want to hurt them. For background, I met him through a mutual friend, and then our mutual friend moved away. This person thinks that we're best friends. Now every week he asked me if I'm free to hang out, and I always find an excuse. I want to know what I should do. I really don't like being around him because he makes things really socially awkward. But I also don't want to hurt his feelings, as I think I might be his only friend. Sorry for the long email. Longtime listener, happy to call myself one of the seven listeners. Thank you all right from Hannah Good question, Jenny, any idea on this one?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like with friendships, I'm like very different than a lot of people because I give people chances until they really prove to me to it not be worth it anymore. So this is a different situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she does not like She says, I can't stand them.
Speaker 2: I wonder how they got to be friends in the first place.
Speaker 1: It was through a mutual friend. Oh, so the mutual friend brought them into the group. The mutual friend moved away. So now this person, who I'm going to guess is probably clueless when it comes to social cues. Like if I said to Bailey, like, hey, Bailey, do you want to go like hang out. Do you want to go like a play cribbage? And Bailey said no four times in a row, Yeah, I'd probably be like yeah, I'd be like okay. It's kind of like if you ask a friend to go to lunch and they canceled twice, then you don't ask them a third time. Yeah, you know, you just figured they don't want to go.
Speaker 3: I think when you're when you're making excuses for not going, it's not a like, oh I can't do that today, I'm so I'm so sorry, because then it seems like you wish you could have or I mean, I'm not sure exactly what you're saying to your friend, but if you just say like no I can't do I can't come, I'm doing this, or no I can't come, I'm doing that, or whatever it is, but it's not like a oh, I'm so sorry, or oh maybe we can do something again on a different time that you're just saying to be nice. Yeah, and so just kind of say it's a no. And then if they keep saying something and it keeps being a no, I feel like they will get the hint. But maybe right now they're not getting the hint, because the way that you're saying no is maybe too nice.
Speaker 1: It'd be yeah, Well they also said they're socially awkward, so it's very possible that the person does not recognize social cue. Yeah, the way the rest of us would be like, Okay, you already told me no four times. I probably don't want to go listen. You do not have to. You are not responsible for this person being happy. You are not responsible for them not having a friend. I would say, and this is just me. You're a kind person, but you've got your limits of your kindness too. You do not have to protect this human. You don't have to be rude, but you certainly do not ever feel obligated to be like keep making excuses and then you know what that's yeah the ghost them or yeah, I don't know what else to say. That might be it for the Minnesota Goodbye. Let me check and see if there's one more. If you have an email that you want to send into us, send that into Ryan's show at kadiwb dot com. Oh, here we go a few questions for the Minnesota Goodbye. Dave, you still talk to Fallon still? How has your relationship changed since she moved from the show Jenny and Fallon do the I'm Still Fun show together Vonton Bailey both had lunch with her. I will listen to all things KATIEWB. And I never heard Fallon or Dave talk about interacting or hanging out since she left. Is all good good? I'm assuming, yes, but I'm just curious, you know, Honestly, I don't really I see Fallon in the hallways here and there, and we talk and we laugh, but I like I Also, I don't hang out with Steve or go to lunch with Steve. I'm just not that person. I'm not a go to lunch with a co worker kind of a person. I'm just not. I like Steve, and if he was at a party that I was at, I'd be like, Hey, let's hang out and let's talk about the old days. And same with Fallon. But no, I don't seek out co workers to go to lunch with, although I probably would go to Benny Hannah with you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well where are we going?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've been talking about that permon.
Speaker 2: I really want to go.
Speaker 1: I thought about it this week. I mean maybe one day this week. My problem is I don't want to eat Benny Hannah right now?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: Because I'm trying to stay healthy.
Speaker 4: When you get on those kicks, you're really like, okay, I gotta stay strict, and then all of a sudden your friends are like, let's get brunch, and you're like.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, yeah that's true.
Speaker 5: You're right, let's get brunch.
Speaker 1: Next question, I know how much effort you put into the show? Is it live? However, you guys have a plan of what you were going to talk about and joke, setups, et cetera. When you do boss check and Rich and call Rich, does he know you're gonna be calling that morning? Is he prepared for you to call? That is all for today? Hashtag dart lick from Sarah. I Yeah, I'm not really sure how to answer that one. Some things we are going to set up, Like I'll tell Bailey, like, you know, hey, I'm gonna do this, so be ready for this, just because you know, sometimes if you don't set somebody up, you don't know what kind of reaction you're going to get. But a lot of the time what we do is absolutely spontaneous.
Speaker 3: What if it's a joke, those aren't usually set up. Yeah, Like it's something funny that we're laughing at. It's not set up. Yeah, yeah, it's just like a true reaction.
Speaker 4: Like I think earlier today we were talking about like things to enjoy now and we were talking about like actual good things, and then Dave threw in cigarettes and so it's like shit, like that's just it's like out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: We laugh.
Speaker 5: We know he's being sarcastic. Maybe not, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I think that that's a really interesting question because most of ninety percent of what we do, like right now is not set up. You don't know what I'm gonna say. A lot of the time, I don't know what I'm gonna read. But I will say, like sometimes when we do boss check, I will text Rich the night before and say, hey, we're gonna do a boss check at seven forty five, because it's sometimes more fun if he's listening and calls in.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also I don't want to piss off Reage by not by doing a boss check of and playing a four minute song that he would not want on the station.
Speaker 3: So it's like we don't ever do we tell him what the boss check song is or just that we might be doing a boss check.
Speaker 4: We don't ever tell him the song, but I will say that, like one thing boss check is is a little bit of a savior for us. If we just like don't have enough content in something, day will be like, yeah, let's do a boss check.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: In those moments, it's not set up with Rich, it's just buy happen chance that he's listening if he calls in for it, because we're just like trying to waste some time because we're like, shit, let's put a song in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maybe like once in a while, like if I'm gonna call Steve, let's bring up Steve again. I might say Steve, we're going to call you tomorrow and we're going to ask you blah blah blah, and he's like yeah, cool or something like that. So that's interesting. Yeah, we don't. We have a lot of planning for the show as far as scheduling at what time to kind of spread things out, Like we don't want to do two similar bits next to each other, Like we don't want to ask two questions right next to each other, to do two prank phone calls or two games or whatever right next to each other. Yeah, so we schedule it out. But what happens during that break we don't plan mostly, and that is it. That is the Minnesota Goodbye. Send those in those emails to Ryan's show at kadiwb dot com