Speaker 1: The sports page with the Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six nine in the Games Mike the Bulldog.
Speaker 2: Beyond You Jr. Right, So, yesterday, when the Bulldog got done with his sports page, he goes, Hey, I forgot to tell you guys, I'm not going to be here Thursday or Friday.
Speaker 1: We're like, what do you mean You're not going to be here? We got a big sports weekend coming up. Yeah, going into the final four for men and women even and say what dog? And he goes on travel day, he to.
Speaker 2: His credit, he is traveling to San Antonio to cover the men's final four this weekend. I'm like, okay, dude, get that. On Thursday, which is today, we got it handled. But Friday, you're going to cover it, So cover it? Are you gonna be here? What he gets, I'll have to let you know. That's code for the dog wants to sleep in. I understand, and rightfully so, I mean he doesn't have to do a sports report. It's cool that he does. So the Dog.
Speaker 1: If you're traveling to the airport right now, save travels. We'll talk to you in where is it again? In Sanato? Sanato? Yeah? Yeah, make your famous phone call to the front desk or whatever hotel he's in mobb here, I have Mike BENKEI all right, inside joke, all right, so let's get into Magic. We'll be back in action tonight on the road to face the Washington Wizards, who, by the way, have the second worst record in the league. The Magic are currently in seventh playoff position in the East.
Speaker 2: Beware the trap game, fellas.
Speaker 1: Don't say it.
Speaker 2: I am saying it because this is This is those types of games where you're like, oh, no brainer, they should WINNES one, and then invariably you turn it on tonight's or you come in tomorrow and get well, well, yeah, what happens.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but they've been such a hit or miss, you know, win or lose, win or lose that even if they lose, I don't think it's a trap game. I just think that, hey, it's what we're becoming used to for now. But have been on a hot streak for one game.
Speaker 2: Speaking of hot streaks, the Tampa Bay Lightning hope to go and make it five in a row tonight. They skate at Ottawa this evening. They are only three points out of first place in the Atlantic Division with seven regular season games to go. So talking about hitting you know your stride at the right time, the Lightning definitely are doing that. In other NHL news, the Washington Capitals Alex Ovechkin nets goal number eight ninety two last night in a five to one loss to Carolina. That one goal, though, however, gets Alex now just two goals away from tying Wayne Gretzki and three goals from passing Gretzky as the NHL all time scoring leader. That is a pretty significant number to hold.
Speaker 1: You know, Gretzky known for two things being the all time great and hot daughter and hot daughter. With something on your belly? What is that? Oh? Who's that room with you?
Speaker 2: Ovechkin looks like he should be able to get that done with still a handful of games left in the regular season. Major League Baseball, let's see the Rays lose at home for to two against the Pirates. They are off today to travel for a weekend series in Arlington against the Texas Rangers. Rays are four and two a week and two the brand new Major League Baseball season. Meanwhile, the Marlins fall in eleven innings at home to the Mets six'. Five marlins also offer travel day to day they will be headed To atlanta to face The braves in a weekend. Series marlins are four and three on the early start of the. Season is there any more.
Speaker 1: Rumblings about Jackson are About tampa having problems With jacksonville playing here In? ORLANDO Nfl, Wise i'm still In Major League Baseball news all. RIGHT i mean you got extra hockey in this. MORNING i was just asking.
Speaker 2: Qu very significant record is poised to fall at some point here in the next probably weak or. So last, night The dodgers managed to remain perfect eight to o to start the. Season, Show Hey, otani get this scenario pack. Stadium there's fifty thousand Plus dodgers fans. There they're in the bottom of the. Ninth it's tied five to five against The. Braves it's, show Hey, otani bobblehead night he steps to the plate's walk off home run six' five. The final you can't script it, ANY Better, NFL news. I don't i don't have any. More updates as you Asked about tampa being Upset about orlando potentially trying to Lure the jags here for a season worth of.
Speaker 1: Home games so while their stadium. IS renovated i do not have an update. On that taani is him and are him and his account in still? At odds did they get that?
Speaker 2: SIFTED out i think that that guy is no longer employed in, any way shape or form with Attachments To Major.
Speaker 1: League, baseball yeah the only unif or means were it is probably a. Prison.
Speaker 2: One okay there IS other, nfl. News though ten groups have submitted bids TO the nfl to be investors in a new men's and women's professional flag. Football league the league is aggressively exploring the creation of separate pro flag football leagues for men.
Speaker 1: And women are they going to do it in the? Off season is that? The, Idea oh i'm sure it, would be and it wouldn't be WITH existing. Nfl players this would be a whole different, revenue stream which is really what it is in KEEPING the nfl brand front. And center this is the one they promoted the in some commercial with McAfee and. Somebody, else yeah.
Speaker 2: So they're they're they're looking to establish professional flag football backed BY. The nfl. I'M not i don't envision myself watching flag football games in. THE offseason i just, that's, ME.
Speaker 1: Though i don't Watch The pro bowl and because it's flag. Football basis and one final.
Speaker 2: NOTE here ucf men's basketball team will be back in action Tonight In. Las Vegas The Crown basketball tournament is. Going on their second round game Is. Against cincinnati if you have interest in, watching this it will BE on fs one tonight at.
Speaker 1: Seven, o'clock okay little college hoops action for you Other Than, final four which is. This weekend you got it, All right that is your. Sports page hoping That the dog will grace this with his presence tomorrow on the road Covering said Final four linden doco on demand Download the iHeartRadio app