Speaker 1: In a world where fairways meet the airwaves, where Bertie's and Banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and t's your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the large screens and dive into the world of divets, drives and delightful better.
Speaker 2: Alright, ladies and gentlemen, it is the one and only Tony Tone the Magician, a world with a lot of flaw in. Yes, I am a classic. Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us once again on a Wednesday evening. The weather here in how things kind of strange. It was raining in the morning, and then he was signing out, suddenly he started getting cloudy again, So we hope that the weather will improve as time goes by. Ladies and gentlemen, if you've only recently started following us, please note there is a particular way that we do things here because it gets extremely hot whilst we're interviewing our guests. So today I will be joined by someone who does not need any form of introduction. When it comes to the golfing space, I'm going to need you to please wrap yourself and ice cold glass of water. Like I said, it's gonna get so hot you'll be sweating all alone. Even if you're sitting and doing nothing, you'll be sweating because the conversation is going to be on fire. So, ladies and gentlemen, let's go for that two minute break, and then when we come back, I will be introducing our guest, whom, as I said, does not need any form of introduction, and you will get to understand why I'm saying this. So let's go for the two minute break, and then when I come back, our guests will be joining us.
Speaker 1: In a world where fairways meet the airwaves, where Birdie's and banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and teas, your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the large screens and dive into the world of diveds, drives and delightful Better.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, as I said to you earlier, thank you so much for joining us today. This is the only podcast you want to be listening to every single Wednesday, six pm, Balls and teas. If you've never heard of us, then you're probably listening to the wrong wrong stations or going through or screaming through the wrong applications. So, ladies and gentlemen, as are said to do today that our guest is hyped up. He's ready for us, and I hope you've got that ice cold class, because you might need a review before we even finish the first segment. So please help me in welcoming the one and only hardest fun and murder Harder.
Speaker 3: Doing.
Speaker 2: I'm getting yourself good, thank you, awesome stuff, hard does. I'm sure you've been hearing me saying that you don't need any form of introduction, but I tried to do it on my side. However, I believe it's only fair that I give honest to reintroduce yourself properly to our audience so that they know who Harder is. How did you come into golf and what is it that you're busy within your space at the moment?
Speaker 4: Well, they used to work for Central again previously, but then what's six years? I had struck six years ago, and then I decided to have got this something else because Central doesn't want to keep you on, and I started creating app because my keys used to play golf as well. You sometimes I have to travel to get down a Fisher River, sun wherever they want to go, and you never.
Speaker 3: Know where the where to go to the games as well.
Speaker 4: You know, I just started going to create that app, which works perfectly because I haven't got the now to do the app, but somebody else helping from Cape Town on the back the healthy day, I just explained to you what he wanted and that's it.
Speaker 3: That's how we got into it.
Speaker 2: Awesome, awesome, awesome. But I believe that as the conversation goes, we will be able to unpack us to saying what is the app and what can the app do for every day golfers or even people who just like to know what's happening around golf courses as well.
Speaker 3: Definitely definitely.
Speaker 2: Now, how does you you You mentioned that you used to play you used to work or Central houting golf, and with that being being set, when did you start playing golf? If I may ask, I used to.
Speaker 3: Play big golf before that.
Speaker 4: When I when I was there, I didn't have to play, didn't have to play. I didn't have time to play golf as well. Yeah, you know they started because I couldn't play golf out of the stroke. You understand, because my right all right, mister, basically learn off none.
Speaker 3: You understand. That's why I couldn't play golf anymore. But I played golf for about twenty years as well. Sure I used to love golf.
Speaker 4: But anyway, what they do, I don't do nothing about it. You've got to take the punishment.
Speaker 2: But tell me before you started playing, obviously, something must have interested you or spotted it to see. Doesn't let me try the spot?
Speaker 3: Okay, what spot? No?
Speaker 2: I mean before you started playing golf twenty years ago, right, something must have interested you to say that, you know what, I need to start playing this addictive spot called called golf. So I just want to find out what sucked you or what interested you in that.
Speaker 4: It basically just interested me because I love competition. You understand, you love competition, and that's what actually gave me interest.
Speaker 2: No, awesome, awesome, And then you you did. You also mentioned that the inspiration behind the development of the app that you developed was mainly because of the frustrations that you constantly faced when you had to take your boys to go and play golf.
Speaker 4: That's right, because you normally had to go to another website, and because when you go to captain, I've got to find that union website and go there and register first before I can actually into them. And then you got to accept what do you call it the email as well. Yeah, too much work, actual problem. You haven't got time to do anything one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent. So the whole, the whole idea of the app, if I, if I get you right, was just to make sure that it is convenient and then now let's effort is put into it.
Speaker 4: That's definitely the answer, because you know, I struggle to book there because I've got two sums. The one is different age of the other one, so you had to go to the other different ages and look for that age.
Speaker 3: It's a big mess up, that's what. It doesn't work that way, that's why, and that started. That's much better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now we've we've been referring to the golf app, But what is this app that we're talking about, And if you can just give us a basic mechanics of how it functions.
Speaker 3: Right, okay. Basically it's split up in three parts. So what do you call it? A tournament?
Speaker 4: The app has got a tournament guy where you put the menu and you just up on that. You click a button and you find a Bushfeld to a Sunshine to a golfer, a side union, golf, kids, golf use kids tournaments, all of them are day.
Speaker 3: There's four buttons at the bottom. The next button is a maps you for a maps.
Speaker 4: You can actually check the maps as well, but the first button you can tick on it and go directed to that union's website basically because that's where you book basically for the games.
Speaker 3: You understand, mhm okay, And that's it.
Speaker 4: Then the next one is the maps because we're not travel to Captain and I don't know what all.
Speaker 3: The courses are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well there's app. You've got the courses on the map. You can actually kick on that with a click on that map with the tournament is and they.
Speaker 3: Will show you that with how to get to that golf club. Basically mhm okay.
Speaker 4: That's at the next one is the events one that's for corporate and fundraising tournaments.
Speaker 3: So it's for free for all.
Speaker 4: All everybody do loaded we actually there's a certain way you gotta loaded a certain size as well. But Alison, did you saying to me, I'll change it for them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's for free for them.
Speaker 4: We actually busy at the moment organizing a link for accommodation as well, because when you go to Captain, you're going to need an accommodation as well.
Speaker 3: And that's it. That's all. I can't tell anything more.
Speaker 2: I mean it's very interesting. I mean, like you said, you can actually search for professional tournaments, you can actually check all the other events, whether it becoporate within respective golf courses, and it can navigate you to those particular golf courses.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: Now, Now I just want to find out when you were developing your app, right, what were the key stages of the development phase? I mean you did mention that from a development point of view, you are not that skilled, but someone was able to help you. What kind of challenges stick you face or what would you say, we're the key stages of the development that you believe that without them being in taking place, then this would not have happened.
Speaker 4: Basically, the first two weeks was very important because you had to have fourteen people on the app to see that it works.
Speaker 3: Basically it works.
Speaker 4: And then after that that was the biggest problem to get the guys to come there and taste the app, but because nothing is on the app, but we loaded some tournaments on and they just want to check it and that's it. Yeah, that was a that was the most difficult part, and that was fine. Everything runs fine. That's just basically tweaking it now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, making sure that you improve it exactly.
Speaker 4: Well, improvement is much to be very important because if you day there's something new coming on, then we had to do update the update all the time.
Speaker 3: You understand two uppage on the app as well, m.
Speaker 2: And and and so far since since you introduce the app, I mean, what has been the feedback or how is the uptake looking like? Why people actually utilize it?
Speaker 3: Well, the people are fantastic.
Speaker 4: I think it's lovely because I don't really doesn't take a lot of space on your phone basically just talk about two eight kbs, very small, and it looks perfect because do you do you know it's got the menu as well. There's a lot of stuff you can do on a thing. It's got a menu, four buttons, homelessing map, about all of those things. And then there's a tournament lest as well. You can check that as an homepage, open the map view. After that you can go down you should see the tournament details. On the tournament details. It's important to have the logo as well, because the people sitting in a poster for you and they want to have the tournament information and a more info button that shows what what is a tournament about?
Speaker 3: You understand, Yeah, that's very important that what have it? Mm hmm. It's good to have.
Speaker 4: When you want to sort it, you can actually put the club, i mean the titles, roll the union, the city, and just pray search bond as such an area that bring up all the tournaments in their place.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: It is very interesting because I mean, if if let's say, for instance, some people are graphic, I mean that they can all they can only relate to graphics. So with the incorporation or the integration of golf cost logos that it makes it easier for anyone who's either what do you call this visually impaired or someone understand it's very too and then just a quick one I'm sorry to into that problem with because to anything outside of golf. I mean, yes, you did mention that it was meanly because of all the frustrations that you couldn't really navigate through multiple websites and it was too much admin. But outside of golf, was it something? Was there something that perhaps triggered this idea or is it something that you just said and did a lot of research about.
Speaker 3: Let me explain to you.
Speaker 4: When I used to do the bookings, I actually got frustrated because some of the games you actually missed because I couldn't find the website. You understand, that was the biggest problem of all. That's what I actually created me actually motivated me to create this app. Understand, Yeah, that's all. That's why I did it because I know the other people also struggling a lot of people didn't make the appointments for the golf and then my son's also missed a few games.
Speaker 3: That was the biggest problem of all.
Speaker 4: You don't want to miss a game because then you're gonna wait thing less and you don't know if you're going to get in.
Speaker 3: That's a problem. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And and and tell me, I mean you said it's constantly up.
Speaker 3: Data.
Speaker 2: Do gold courses or let's say certain corporates need to register to make sure that they upload the stuff.
Speaker 4: On that anybody, anybody can come in. Okay, I've got to I've got all the go for A said tournaments, all the Union tournaments, all the tournaments are already laded on me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so then I have to look for anything. They just look at that area and check which tournaments is on. That's all I do.
Speaker 4: They did to work as well, because this morning I actually went to the REMS and I spoke to a guy they he has down that they happened five seconds and he actually started working there and he said, it's very fantastic. They never seen it because it's so easy to work. That was this was the most most important part because we didn't want to create a app. That's because lots of apps that actually frustrate you because you're.
Speaker 3: Trying to do anything but nothing works. So that's what I created.
Speaker 2: Is now. I mean, as as someone who who who isn't from the IT space, if I can put it that way, whether it be software or app development, what was the biggest leading care for you? Because I mean, this is an idea that you came up with, and obviously certain things need to be refined. Certain research needs to be done, financial inputs needs to be made. So what was your biggest care.
Speaker 3: I'm still struggling, but we're pushing through. What can you do?
Speaker 4: Can't get We don't get everything one at once. That's a problem because the iPhone for we're busy with the app as well, but that's going to take the while because they will.
Speaker 3: Strictly about it. That's why. Yeah, there's more. They're much more stricter than than place store app.
Speaker 2: Mmh and and let let's talk about the accuracy of the data on the app. Obviously, like you said, everyone can just signing or sign up and then upload whatever that needs to be done or search for whatever needs to be done. Now, the accuracy of the information, how do you on the back and make sure that the information is up to scratch? And uh, it's it's not misleading in any way.
Speaker 3: Well, we actually check it every day.
Speaker 4: We check it davery day when I'm make sure when I make sure everything works and everything works.
Speaker 3: That we check it every day basically mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And the response from golf courses with reverse to your Apple, I believe that it solves a lot of problems for them and.
Speaker 3: It is definitely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, everybody's happy because Mark what's your grand from R told me this morning it's unbelievable that app because it doesn't have to advertise for the people. Because people are moving away from Facebook. That's a problem, and that's why we create the app.
Speaker 3: M no.
Speaker 2: And if there's something that people are always concerned about obviously, like you said, people are moving away from Facebook or in inform of social media in because of the security day on your app, your your your security on the app, how reinforced would you would you would you say it is or how would you read it? When it comes to security, well say if you I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: It's very secure. We make sure everything works fine and nobody will get the information. We actually don't take information from people because of the Poppy Act. You can't take information about people. Then you're gonna have trouble on that because yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: That's where the problem starts because everybody talks about the Poppy Act, but nobody actually knows how it works because copy act.
Speaker 3: Don't you know how to take the information from.
Speaker 4: People and uh distributed basically you understand that's the biggest problem MHM.
Speaker 2: And and and that's what worries everyone, and I think that's why people ask you that's been on the internet for instance.
Speaker 3: Now of course I know I understand that, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And then just just another one from my side. Obviously, like you said, the whole development phase, the first two weeks was a bit stressful. But for an app application of this magnitude, I mean, you've got basically all the everything that happens around South African golf, you've got it on the app. How long they did it actually take you from the initial stages up to the day that you launched.
Speaker 3: It for twelve months? Twelve months? Okay, no, but something because every day I said when is it a working?
Speaker 4: When is it working? And he said it doesn't work like that. Yeah, that would be it's so much work behind the behind the scenes. Well better don't work on that.
Speaker 3: They understand.
Speaker 2: Mhmm. Yeah, I definitely understand. But obviously, moving forward, I believe you've got bigger planes of the app. Like you said, you're always looking at ways to modify it. Of course, But with that being said, obviously there's things such as the h and A system, all those things. Do you do you do you envision yourself integrating other goal related apps into your app, or.
Speaker 3: Let me explain to you people.
Speaker 4: On our app directly to go far a se and they were all the any caps are understand. I can check the any everything's on that website. My app is just to basically guard them to those apps.
Speaker 3: Those understand.
Speaker 4: So basically you think on it got directly to say the hot thing to website, to go farther side the website, where do you want to go?
Speaker 3: I'll do nothing else. I just dinks you do that. That.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's very beautiful because I mean, like you said, you don't want to. This is my thinking. If you if if you integrate other apps into your app, then you're basically taking away from the market.
Speaker 3: The competition, trouble. You don't want trouble in your life.
Speaker 2: And then do you perhaps intend on launching it worldwide or are you just taking to South Africa now looking at it, don't worry.
Speaker 4: We spoke about it the other day because the way we run running it, we actually actually got overseas as well. Because but then you must go overseas and talk to those guys as well. It will work definitely, the Apple definitely work.
Speaker 2: Overseas as well, yeah, and now I'm gonna take you back again. Sorry, I'm going back and forth with you. I'm so fast neated by this app, and I just want to find out, like from from your side as the one who generated the idea of actually coming up with this app, apart from obviously navigating and making it easy to spot or to find events at different golf courses upfront, did you have any particular key features that you wanted and you you just didn't want to compromise those key features?
Speaker 3: Basically yes, because I wanted to make sure all the tournaments on my app. Because people look for a tournament and they can't find it, then what do you do? Then? Go away? I make sure all the tournaments on the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's beautiful, and uh, the golden the golden question now would be okay, how this whole idea came about, It was because you didn't You just didn't like yourself missing the game. And I want to find out how are they finding it now? How are they seeing this app?
Speaker 3: I love it. I said we should have had it long time ago.
Speaker 2: I probably wish they were.
Speaker 3: Always of where it becomes important mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Definitely now look looking at the landscape of golf in South Africa as a whole. Heart of this right, Obviously we're not a first last country according to research, but I would presume that there's enough go for us within South Africa, whether they be social golfers or professional golfers, who would actually take this app to whole new levels in terms of the usage and all of that. But I just want to find out. I mean, looking at the landscape already of golf in South Africa, what are your thoughts and if you were to compare it to twenty years ago when you were still playing golf, what would you say has really changed in that landscape?
Speaker 4: Well, nothing has changed basically because it's hundred three a thousand people in South Africa, that's members and clubs. Well, there's more than enough for people to use the app as well. I don't know what to tell you actually, because as far as I'm concerned, it's positive.
Speaker 3: That's what it all all about.
Speaker 2: I understand that. But what I'm trying to get to is that, Okay, I mean twenty years ago, the number of golfers, it wasn't that much because people always had different perceptions to say, Okay, it's very expensive it can be expensive, especially if you take it professional. But when we look at the intake from social golfing aspect, what's your thoughts around that? Chief to say, there seems to be more social golfers actually being active in golf courses than the professionals.
Speaker 3: That's very true.
Speaker 4: That's what I agree with you there because a lot of people playing just social golf because the membership at the clubs are very expensive.
Speaker 3: You understand.
Speaker 4: They don't want they don't want to become a member because the other have seven any cap or ten any cap, but the player of the twenty four whatever you call it. The people still play golf, but they don't want to become members at the golf clubs because golf clubs are more too expensive for them.
Speaker 3: That's why you don't want to go that way. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I definitely understand that, and I would presume that's why apologies for that. That that's why certain entities introduced the different ways to actually give someone an official handicap without being bound to one particular cause. But if I was to ask you, as someone who's got a lot of experience within this golf in space, what what would you Tony handicap of the net and an actual member of the club, especially.
Speaker 3: Golfers just again lost you there.
Speaker 2: Oh, so I was just asking what would you say are the key benefits of actually being a member of the golf club compared to just buying a handicap of the shelf.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: You know, people everybody wants you must have an n A cap you want to play tournaments. I don't know what you mean by that, but but I think it's fine. The people want to buy the handicap, then they buy it. Yeah, because there's a lot of guys that you play more golfers like that, then you become a member, but you get you can play a golf clubs anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's fine. Whoever they want become a member then mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And and I believe that the regulation of handiceps is standard across regardless of the net. You're actually a club member.
Speaker 3: Of course a differently differently.
Speaker 2: Now I'm going to ask you another interesting question hard this so, yes, you you have cleared it from the get go to say you no longer play golf, right, And I often say to myself as well as my guest or any other person out there to say this thing is so addictive sometimes I think I even do practice swings when I'm sleeping, I can imagine. So, I mean, it's unfortunate that you can't play anymore, but I want to find out from you in terms of the love of the game. Obviously it is there because of this app. It shows that you're still very passionate about the spot and you're your sons are our presume they still play social coffe if I'm not mistaken, definitely.
Speaker 3: Mm.
Speaker 2: But what I'm trying to get to is that on your side, would you would you agree with me if I said this thing is more addictive than anything in the world.
Speaker 3: No, definitely, it's more addictive because golf is it's like, what do you call it? Sunny? Grateful? You understand, Yeah, pry for golf, and that's why you can't push it away. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to make sure that I'm not losing my mind because I'm always preaching golf golf. If someone was to ask me about what I said, no, no, no, let's go for a random golf and they say, no, we don't play, I'm like, no, come, I'll teach you. If I'm not the right person to do it, but I want to.
Speaker 3: Teach you exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's quickly go for a two minute break, and then when we come back, I want to put you on the spot. I'm going to ask you very intense questions, but I don't think that they that intense because you've got full on experience when it comes to golf from a management point of view to the development of the best app I've been so far when it comes to any form of sport. So it will be more around the sport itself. Nothing too intense, nothing that's going.
Speaker 3: To throw you off. No, definitely agree with you and.
Speaker 2: Say let's go for the two minute break, and then when we come back, we will carry on with our second segment.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: In the world where fairways meet the airwaves, where birdies and banker collide, Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. This is Balls and Teas, your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the last reads and dive into the world of divids, drives and delightful.
Speaker 5: Better Invisible Ink Consulting your gateway to financial success. We specialize in providing the best solutions to manage your finance and accounting, ensuring a better life for you and your business. Our expert team offers top notch accounting and tax consulting services tailored to various industries, including but not limited to, engineering, medical practitioners, in construction, nonprofits, events, management, attorneys, and financial services. Experience the power of our best analytics, backed by a commitment to our clients in a high level of knowledge and Invisible Ink Consulting, we strive to deliver the best service you can get, making your financial journey seamless and rewarding. Choose Invisible Ink Consulting for a brighter financial future, your success.
Speaker 3: How came I already? Please visit us at www.
Speaker 5: Dot invisible link, dot co, dot set to reach us www dot invisible link, dot co, dot set.
Speaker 2: All Right, ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to the one and only Balls and Jesus. As said, this is the only podcast that's relevant on Wednesdays, so please make sure that whatever you do on a Wednesday, this is the into a different podcast on Wednesday. We are in the second segment off our podcast and our guest is still waiting in anticipation, mister Harvest final murther is waiting for us. And as you heard, I told you this man does not need anything with introduction because he's shifting the whole golf in space. The whole world of golf is shifting around his beautiful app and like I said, we will dove deep into it. But I just want to put Hardest on the spotlight today. He's on a pedestal and uh, I want to find out from him what happened when he was playing golf and then why does you see golf moving forward? So Harders? Are you still with me?
Speaker 3: Then yes, I'm yeah, thank you, Tony one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I promised to put you on the spot earlier on and it's nothing hectic. It's just obviously certain experiences that you've had within the golf in space.
Speaker 3: Right for golf course. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now I'm going to ask you about five consecutive quick questions. Uh, it's straightforward, it's like a quiz. All right, Okay, you'll tell me when you're ready.
Speaker 3: I'm ready go.
Speaker 2: But you did to praise yourself.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what the question though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So let's start in South Africa. What is your all time favorite golf course?
Speaker 3: Brand Park rich out Yoh, I.
Speaker 2: Was afraid you're going to say any park because that's such a beautiful Cause it's.
Speaker 3: A beautiful and I've got two courses about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's it's a your course, which is very beautiful and totally different complexity.
Speaker 3: Definitely, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: And then my second question would be, while you were still playing golf, what would you say was the movie shot or any movimish experience that you've had around the golf course, whether it was by you or by people that you were playing with.
Speaker 4: Oh, my son got a hol in one when he was playing at the Mahallis Park. Oh short, I'm still upset about it. I have never had a hole in one, so he got all in one. A living eleven years old got the Holy one Is Park. I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful. And I have to say, like there's a lot of golfers like myself, I've never had a hole in one. I've had an albatross, but the whole in one is just something I'll say. I think it changes your whole view of the sport.
Speaker 3: Itself. I dream of allow one. That's it. Can't do nothing else, only dream. What can you say?
Speaker 2: You dream big, it can happen one day exactly May. And then when it comes to your equipment, your golfing equipment, how in the twenty years that you played golf, how often were you changing your clubs?
Speaker 3: Maybe three or four years?
Speaker 4: Perhaps developed so quickly you must change otherwise you're going to be stay behind under Yeah, because you bust do it that way.
Speaker 3: That's the only way you can.
Speaker 2: Do hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: And then, uh, when you started playing golf, was it something that you you have a swing coach or any PG professional coach to help you at that moment?
Speaker 3: Actually, no, At the Brian Rulves, he helped me.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: He was my actually, but I'm not my coach, but they helped me as well.
Speaker 2: And I was with that mhm awesome. And then your your your sons. How did you get them into the spot? Is it a thing of saying, you know what, guys, I'm going to the driving range, Please come with me, let's go hit a few balls. Or is it something that they just liked being a part of.
Speaker 3: Well, it was funny. We actually went into Ramire. Then we played golf there. My one son, my other son was at My one son just wanted to play, get a play, hit the ball and he started playing. And that's with the golf. He was five years old. You started playing golf. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Maybe no, one hundred percent. They catch on very quick when they are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're very young. That that's it's the time when they can pick up very quickly. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And then my my, my last question to you, uh in this squeeze right, yep, it's it's a it's a very simple one. Now this one to say, yeah, yep, your dream fo ball. If you were to be a part of the dream football, who would you want in that football? Whether they are late or they're still alive?
Speaker 3: And they also Tiger Woods and John Delly are you there, Donny?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I can?
Speaker 2: I can you? Can you get me now that?
Speaker 3: Now? Can you Tiger Woods? Any else? And yeah? Can you do?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Lovely? So you went for for the big dunce. You don't want the new school the new school golfers.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go for the big guys.
Speaker 2: No, one hundred percent. And you know what, I'm just going to ask you a follow up question there to say, what do you think is the biggest difference when it comes to I mean the likes of your any else entitles compared to the youngsters that are showing up? Now, what would what would you say has really changed over time? I do understand that the technology of equipment is there, and I would presume the practice routines would change as well. But from your side, what what would you think? What would you say is the biggest contributing factor to that?
Speaker 4: Well, I think because the development of golf clubs doesn't make a lot of because I said it gets better, but it's actually one the thing doesn't get much better.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, that's what I say.
Speaker 3: And ails they used to play golf and that's it. And then I missed around.
Speaker 2: No, one hundred percent. Now let's go back to our our beautiful app. And you know, after that conversation, I'm definitely going to get that app on my phone because you know, sometimes it's frustrating not knowing what's happening. Why, especially around the golf course. For for individuals who I don't like calling myself an edit, I will say people.
Speaker 3: You already don't, well, could you say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know what, I'm so fascinated by the app itself because as you speak, I can actually visualize, of course, all the stuff that you're saying. Right now, let's say, I am it's just me Tony, someone who's never played golf and would like to maybe get a bit of an experience. Uh, and I have your app. What would you recommend or what would you say would be more suitable for someone who doesn't know how to play golf, whether to check on the professional side or just to go for your normal golf days, checking the.
Speaker 4: Normal golf days, because on the other side, it's more professional, more experienced golf, you understand, because you must look at the social games.
Speaker 3: That's where you start basically.
Speaker 2: All right, no, no, no, that that makes sense. And I mean obviously, like you said, everything is uploaded, and you guys make sure that you check on it every single day. Now, sometimes obviously the weather will play somehow, like today, as I said, it was rainy in the morning and then all of a sudden it's sunny, where people would then say, you know what, I'm going to care so this, Uh does it update at real time or do you have to do follow ups with respective both courses. Is this thing still going on or not?
Speaker 4: The basica in for me and I put on there when a new daddist and when it's postponed okay, okay, the immediately as I get the news, I put it the immediate on the app.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. So they want problems anyway, and a lot of people they don't go complain about it. M hm No.
Speaker 2: I mean the reason I'm basically asking is because obviously, like I said, take its own shift, and uh, sometimes we find that it's last minute. So I just wanted to get an idea of how how do you guys keep up with such things? To say, Okay, if the weather changes and then the courses, you know what we're close today, do they update you guys or is it something that you have to proactively go and do they say what's up?
Speaker 3: And then I immediately do it for them? Yeah, that's lovely.
Speaker 2: That's that's lovely. That's lovely, because I mean, uh, the relationship between yourself and golf courses then needs to be in a pristine matter matter.
Speaker 3: All the time to make sure that it's all about the communication that's said. Because I just what's happen updated immediately. Mm hmmm, so we watch up it works fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now we're moving on to the nineteenth hold. I think yourself and I had our fair eighteen. Now, okay, so how does when when when when? Obviously, like you said, currently you can't play golf no more, but when you're when you're when your son's play, do you sometimes join them? And obviously I always tell people that I love gold because you can do anything on the gold, because that others supposts don't allow you.
Speaker 3: No, that's true, but I actually just walk with them.
Speaker 4: And that's it because I can't play golf anymore because all right, and it's a bit slowly stand or can't eat the ball, but I'm practicing.
Speaker 3: Don't worry basic Exactly, I've got to get to work on it.
Speaker 2: We need more golfers, exactly. Yeah, that's upset. And then now let's talk about the nineteenth hole, right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: From from my side, I always say that it's one of the most highly spoken of holes in the ball course, right and mainly because there's conversations that's happening there, that's networking and all the other things. From those side, this happens basically they Yeah, yeah, that's why people start playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Now I want to find out from your side, what has been the most outrageous things that you've heard on the nineteenth hole. We don't have to say them out loud, but I mean just an idea.
Speaker 3: Sure, But now you're bringing me a question. Heard a lot of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and threw his wlle back into the dam because you missed a shot.
Speaker 3: He threw his all back in the damn you. I don't believe it. You can't believe it. You threw That's the worst I've.
Speaker 2: Heard thousands of reins in in the world.
Speaker 3: Nor money that you don't do that mm hmm that's the worst. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, have have you have? Have you found yourself franspricated on the golf course to a point where you you would want to break the club or just scream.
Speaker 3: Out of broken a few clubs already, don't you worry? You? You can't believe it? Yeah, through the third clubs and it breaks. We need it. When it reached the ground, you bread the club, right.
Speaker 4: You don't realize it, but it basically metal?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Was it because you were winning? Uh?
Speaker 3: I was losing? That's why when I went I live break clubs.
Speaker 2: No, and you know what, I actually want to share something with you. So when I was said two weeks back, I was playing at Bryceton Country Club Club.
Speaker 3: Definitely lovely club.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful club, I have to say. So I started on the back nine. As I was on whole number twelve, okay, I hear someone screaming foh, so I decided, you know what, I'm not even going to look to see what's happening or what's coming behind me. I'm just going to squat immediately exactly.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The most embarrassing thing there was that as I was quatting my pants talked from me to need to knee.
Speaker 3: That's very bad.
Speaker 2: But as I picked my head up, that ball had I not shifted that quick was actually going to hit me on the head because it's lended right in front of me.
Speaker 3: You like, it's unbelievable mm hm.
Speaker 2: So I was only consoling myself to say, okay, now I'm going to play the remainder of this first nine with torn pants. Things are basically revealed down there.
Speaker 3: New pants.
Speaker 2: I had to buy new pants, and uh, everyone was going to to the halfway. I had to go and look for new paints. I was so upset because you know, I really loved those pants, and it was embarrassing because there were women and men everywhere, so it looked that as though something was biting my pants. But I was I was very grateful to say at least it didn't hit me, because the experience of being hit by Golobo is something else that's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: You don't want to be hit by b because I got hit online what do you call it? The marblly and was very sore and I hate that club, but I also.
Speaker 3: Love the club. Now.
Speaker 2: As as I was, as I was speaking about the nineteenth Old, right, yeah, a lot of people would say that's that's the place where everything happens, especially business, business related or yeah, let's let's just see business related. On your end, what would be the more memorable thing that has happened at the nineteenth Hold, whether it be business related or it's a matter of socializing, what was the most memorable moment that.
Speaker 3: You experienced hure stare, you're asking me a question. Let me think about it. I'll tell you now, kay.
Speaker 2: The problem, the problem, and I mean, whilst you're thinking about it, I also would I would like to post another question to you to say, for as much as people will talk about the nineteenth hold, a lot of people hardly reflect on the game. They would say, okay, I'll played the batch there, and then they just take whatever it is that they're drinking at the time. But I want to ask you on a personal note, both as someone who played golf and someone who also went to when these kids to the golf course where they play, what is the one thing that you you would discuss with your sons to say, listen, guys, you guys were playing. This is what one could have done.
Speaker 3: Do you do you? Did you? Did you?
Speaker 2: Or do you still have those kinds of conversations on the nineteenth or it's just a matter of socializing and just having fun there.
Speaker 3: As a parent, you always have question.
Speaker 4: I always have a discussion afterwards, because even even the bodies they have, they talk about the shots, talk about the following it, but it's not for you. It doesn't The distance never counts in golf.
Speaker 3: Yeah, call of the ball, keep it on the fairway and go for the greed. That's it. That's why you basically, but I never believe that that's I couldn't play so that.
Speaker 2: I was also just about to say, you know what, I one long hitter, but I think I'm hitting to the wrong places most of the time because it.
Speaker 3: Always goes off the fairway in that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always out drive people, but I don't know what happens next.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're saying now one hundred percent. So before I let you go harder, I just want to find out from you. I mean, you've been in the space both as someone who was waking in golf and someone who played golf, and someone who's feel very invested in golf as you are making developments of apps that people can use. Right, So I'm just going to ask you for one small, big favor.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Right, there's a lot of people out there who don't have a clue of what golf is about. Number one, Number two, There's a lot of people there who would like to get into the sport itself, but they are very intimidated because every time they hear people saying it's expensive when they go to the pro shop, the I don't know, for some reason, some people will just take them to the expensive sect.
Speaker 3: No, it's always like that. Don't know that yeah, I don't want to go there. I always want to take you to the expensive clubs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to find out from you. I mean, like I said, you've got hands on experience when it comes to playing. When it comes to other things in the space, what would you recommend or what would your advice be to people who are two less about golf or people who want to start playing the game. What would you share with them to make sure that when they get in they get hooked like myself and become addicts like yourself.
Speaker 3: I would say, why second and shot the second set first, Get into the golf before you buy, because that's why a lot of people by the expensive sets. It doesn't make you better better golf. Actually you waste your money. That's what happens basically.
Speaker 4: So just get a second and good second set, practice first by golf, and then you enjoy it exactly.
Speaker 3: Nothing lovely, No, no, no. I like.
Speaker 2: I like the way the way you put it, because you know, if anything, people have different opinions about the sport itself, and I would say, no, go for lessons. But the thing is, some lessons, depending on where they startue, they may make it less enjoyable. But with second end clubs. You know that you can still result them should you not enjoy the sport.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 2: I think for now I'll leave it there, and I just want to say a huge thank you for your us and trust me, I'm going to download the app tomorrow when I'm with you, I'm going to show you the app and I'm gonna say I've used it. I'm going to a particular golf.
Speaker 3: Course for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, one hundred.
Speaker 3: Good thanks a thank you so much having us. Okay, all right, bye, thank you, bye bye.
Speaker 2: All Right, ladies and gentlemen, we have reached the end of our segment and I have to say a big big ups to Hardness for developing that cool application. I will be sharing more news about the application, but you know what, because I'm a very lovely person, a very lovely host, and I want people to experience what I experience. The app itself is called it's called give me a drum roll, It's called Golf Day Body. So if you if you go onto app Store and you look for Golf Day Body, you will be able to download the app. As Harder said, it's easy to actually navigate through. You're able to see professional tournaments, social tournaments or social golf days. You're able to. It's able to help you navigate to whatever gold course that you want to go to. So, ladies and gentlemen, with that being said, I have to say, if you're waking tomorrow, please go to work wolheartedly. Make sure that you don't think about golf or you don't do funny things related to golf while you're at work. But if you're working on Friday, I think you need to engage with me because Friday is a golf day. Nobody wants to be in the office on Friday. Everybody wants to play golf. But with all that being said, please let's encourage each other. Let's talk to our friends, family relatives, co workers to join this beautiful sport so that they experience the beauty in nature. Ladies and gentlemen, I am the one and only Tony Tone, the magician, the boy with a lot of plays, and yes I am a classic man. You'll get to understand why I call myself a classic man if you continue listening to us. With that being said, you must hit yourself a beautiful, beautiful weekend up until next week when we chat. Thank you,