Speaker 1: Second date update in Meriden. Ryan's on the line. Let's say, good morning, Ryan, morning, welcome to the show. Obviously, you know, second date update means you went on a great first date, but now you're getting ghosted. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, And I didn't see it coming. It's it's a weird one for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, tell us about the first date.
Speaker 2: So I met this girl on an app called well, I don't want to say the name of the app, okay, her name is Lauren, Okay, and we went on a fantastic date. I mean it was like we went to the shore, we got eafood, sat outside, perfect weather, conversation was great. I mean I felt a real connection with her, and I reached out to her after the date, and I haven't gotten a single word back, not a you know, call, not a text, nothing, So I just I don't know what's up. Then I want to know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Was there a little flirting on the day. Do you feel like it was flirty?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, no, I mean it was it was a date, you know, we had there was a bit of a spark over the you know, the dating app, and then once we met up. I mean it was basically like we we already had that kind of icebreaker, and so we just kind of kept going from there. It was. It was great.
Speaker 1: Okay, question does she like seafood? Because I hate seafood And if you brought me to a seafood restaurant, I'd be like, you don't know me at all, homie.
Speaker 2: This was agreed upon beforehand. So and especially with the you know, being on the shore, being outdoors on the patio when we were eating, it was it was fantastic, perfect.
Speaker 1: See that sounds like a perfect date to me.
Speaker 3: You aren't doing anything inappropriate with the seagulls? Were you trying to feed them fresh?
Speaker 2: Neither confirmed nor did not to do anything out of turn? Probably not the first date.
Speaker 1: Did you pay for the date or did you forget your wallet? Make her pay?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no, I for a first date. A gentleman should always pay, at least that's my family.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: You sound like a great guy. I have no idea why you're getting ghosts.
Speaker 3: We gotta find out what her problem is.
Speaker 1: All right, We're gonna put you on hold on.
Speaker 2: I would hope, I mean hopefully nothing happened that you know, he had unforgivable well, I guess we should see.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna put you on hold, Ryan, and we're gonna call Lauren and just ask her about the date. If you're ready for answers, we're gonna get him.
Speaker 2: Please, thank you.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a great guy. I know that's funny, Savannah, because what if she had a shellfish allergy or something. So my mom has a shelfish allergy. That's why I'm like.
Speaker 4: Hi, if you record your names in for calling, I'll see if this person is available.
Speaker 3: Uh, Courtney, Kiss ninety five to seven.
Speaker 4: Hi, Hello, Hi.
Speaker 1: Is Lauren there? This is going Oh Lauren, Hey, this is Courtney.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's Walmart chef.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Savannah. We're calling from Kiss ninety five seven. I gotta let you know you're on the radio and it is a second date update.
Speaker 4: Oh oh my goodness. Okay, yeah, goodness, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: All right. So from the sound of your voice, you know what second date update is. That means somebody's getting ghosted after our first date. Maybe I need a refresh your memory. You went on a great date. According to Ryan, you guys went out and had seafood. The weather was perfect. I think he said there was some flirting and that he's getting ghosted. So we want to know from you, Lauren, how you liked the date. I like it, fine, Okay, do you did you think Ryan was a nice guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I just thought it was just not my thing.
Speaker 4: You know, this wasn't quite a marit.
Speaker 1: So that's it. So you're completely ghosting him because it wasn't a match. It had to be more than that. He sounds like a great guy. He said, you guys had a lot in calm and good conversation and there was flirting.
Speaker 4: Sure, but like that doesn't mean it's a forever kind of thing. Come on, like big deal. Okay, it was nice, he's good, but whatever. I mean, it's not like I'm in love with you and now we're married. Come on, and don't get all attacked. Geez.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna step in here.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 1: You're on the line. Ryan, are you there?
Speaker 2: I get him here, I'm on the line.
Speaker 1: I you know what, I just don't think this is a match. I think Lauren's a little harsh.
Speaker 2: I it's I don't know. It's kind of news to me. I don't know. I I thought that everything was good and seemed like a lot of fun on the date. I don't know why this sudden change of heart, but I mean, if that's if that's the way she feels, yeah, Lauren, is there any particular reason why.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's not that. It's just like, you know, we had a great time and everything, but I don't think it was a okay, like I love match, you know what I mean, just like, hey, that was fun. Cool.
Speaker 1: You sound really cold. I'm just gonna be honest, Ryan, she sounds just cold, like I think Lauren. He would have deserve at least a call back to say, I'm not feeling a connection.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean I can see that, Okay, Yeah, I mean I just I thought it was more like, yeah, we're vibing, this is cool. We had fun and like, but it wasn't anything more special for you and that so I didn't think. I didn't think I needed anything more than that.
Speaker 3: Just looking for a free meal and you got so yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Ouch, that's whatever.
Speaker 1: Can I just say, Ryan, I don't know anything about you, but I love seafood. I'll go I will go to the shore and have some seafood with you. Anytime. You sound like a great guy.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Sound like a great guy.
Speaker 3: Hey, Courtney, you're single.
Speaker 1: Let's go white second d update, maybe my own match? All right, Well, then there you go, Ryan, Ryan, you got your answers. Lauren, you just didn't feel a connection, but you weren't kind enough to let him know. That basically is what I'm gotting at.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess in your opinion, that's how I was. But whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, just Ryan, you got your answer. Are you okay with everything?
Speaker 3: Ryan?
Speaker 2: A little bit shocked, but yeah, I mean that sounds pretty final. So yeah, okay, I mean, bygones be bygoneses, that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love it. Well, thank you guys so much for being honest and being on Second Date update.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: Whatever, no problem,