Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community connection right here on Gay one, the one you trusting. Our friends from Try County Tech are in on this Thursday, and we have Erica in with us today. Erica, first of all, good morning and welcome aboard.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It's great to be here.
Speaker 3: Nice bright sunshiny day before it all starts to rain. Anyway, We've got a busy summer lined up for young people at Try County Tech. Please tell us about it.
Speaker 2: So we have our steam Camp coming up.
Speaker 4: We're your steam so it stands for science technology.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what engineering, engineering, thank you, Arts and math.
Speaker 3: Very good, very good. So Steam Camp. This sounds like we've got a lot going on in a short amount of time. We do.
Speaker 4: So we have three different weeks happening in June, third and fourth grade, one week fifth and sixth grade, another week seventh and ninth. The last week we got art, aviation, babysitting, chef coding, creators, engineering, media makers, medical explorers, pe.
Speaker 2: We're excited about that one, by the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, robotics, science and science and art of photography.
Speaker 2: So we're super excited about it.
Speaker 3: And this is just for kids. Man, that sounds like something a few adults would love.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, Yes, we're close to two hundred. Enrollments are a little over already, so if you're interested at all, go check out our website and get your kids enrolled.
Speaker 2: We're so excited.
Speaker 3: And that is Trientcounty Tech dot ebu.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 3: All right, very good. Now. Also, I remember a little bit ago, uh huh, this neat little thing got built out there at Tri County Tech, that fire tower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been't.
Speaker 3: Getting a lot of attention, and now it's even going to get some more.
Speaker 4: Yes, we currently are running a volunteer or not a volunteer. We're running a fire academy out there right now. This is our second one. We have fifteen students. We're very excited about it. They're from volunteer and paid department's career firefighters from all over our three county area and then some so we're excited. We're one of the closest ones to a lot of people with easy access, so we're running that academy right now. And then what we're really excited about is on May second through the fourth at Tri County Tech, we are having our first ever, and we are calling it the Mikey Smith Memorial Regional Fire Conference.
Speaker 3: Nice remembers Mikey, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are so excited.
Speaker 4: Osu FS Fire Service Training has graciously allowed us to put our brand on it, and so we are going to make it bigger and better than any other in the state. They do have them all over the place, so any volunteer or career. It's free to everybody. All participants will have vendors food, everybody's going to hang out. There's like fifteen classes being offered again that are free that normally cost these people.
Speaker 2: It's being paid through the Safer Now grant.
Speaker 4: We also are going to kick off a has Matt Awareness and has Matt.
Speaker 2: Ops class that weekend.
Speaker 4: The classes will actually happen in June, but there is a meeting about it and those classes are vital for a lot of our fire.
Speaker 2: Folks around here. So we're really excited about it.
Speaker 3: You should be. This is going to be a happening period of time. It is.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: We're really excited, and I do want to touch on a class that's coming up to HVAC.
Speaker 4: Yes, we are now offering some different classes through our ACD flex short term classes. We have an HVAC class that's coming up. It starts May sixth, and we're looking forward to having folks enrolling that. It's an adult class, so it will be in the evenings. Tony Osborne will be our instructor and he's a phenomenal guy. If you don't know him, Osborne Heating and Air, and we're really excited to have him on board as well.
Speaker 3: Well. This is great and this is a great day career track thing for young people as well as folks who are looking for perhaps maybe their next job or a better job.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure, you get.
Speaker 3: Qualified that you're going to be pretty valuable to somebody.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and we're really looking to beef up our trades offerings over the next year or two through our ACD and our short term scheduling, and so be looking for those classes as well.
Speaker 3: You know, it never ceases to amaze me how Tri County Tech can take a look at the area around, ask a few questions and next thing, you know, we got a curriculum for it.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, we we thrive on flexibility.
Speaker 3: And it's been working really well.
Speaker 2: It has.
Speaker 3: There was a speaker that came into town and was talking about how educational you know, programs need to match up with work for us and this and that and the other. And I'm thinking to myself, dude, you're standing here at Try County Tech. That's what we do. Yeah, we've been doing for you and winning awards for doing it for years.
Speaker 4: We have, we have you are correct and we actually you know, we used to joke about how we were the best kept secret in town, and we don't want to be that anymore. You know, come to us, look for us. If you need something, we're here. We're here to help.
Speaker 3: Genuinely a diamond then, there ain't no rough around it. Absolutely, this is a shining gem. I want to go back to the Steam campus.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: For the youngsters, this really opens up a whole window of opportunity for kids who maybe thought I just don't know. Well, you know, you take a look at these offerings and you might just find your way into something that could lead into, you know, a lifetime's occupation.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, we've done a cheft again this year with it a little bit to try to gear it towards our program offerings. So we're hoping to expose some of the younger folks to what they can come to later on in high school and come see us and see those career paths and see how successful they can be. So these are just a tiny glimpse of what those programs can do for you and how those offerings can help you.
Speaker 3: I have a question how the Chef's class coming along, because I remember when my youngest daughter, she says, oh, I'm going to go into the culinary world. Said why he's been watching all these cooking shows on TV that we're so popular all the time, And I just wonder that still got It's a little magic there.
Speaker 2: It does. Yes, it's a great program.
Speaker 4: Chef is retiring this year and so we're bringing in Seth Day. He was formerly our hospitality person and he will shift that role into going into the classroom and teaching our kids how to be the best they can be.
Speaker 2: So we're really excited about that.
Speaker 3: That is so cool, and with the other programs too. Like I said, it's just a wonderful opportunity to kind of open your eyes and kind of see what's around you, what is possible somebody Kids sometimes kind of grow up with that idea that well, that's for somebody else that can't possibly be possible or meet. Well, we're showing the possible, are we not?
Speaker 2: We are for sure?
Speaker 4: And you know, our programs do drive people to better, bigger things. You know, we try to make them expose give them exposure to different areas and possibly even you know, I've been at tur County for a minute and so been through a couple of different positions, and when I was on the full time side of the house, I got to take students on field trips and stuff, and it was so interesting to me because a lot of them have never been outside of Bartlesville, you know, or even Tulsa, and so to be able to take them on those trips to Atlanta, to Orlando, you know, those different places. We went to Disneyland one time for a competition in Anaheim with marketing and so it's just it's a great experience for these kids.
Speaker 3: Wow. And I know so many of those kids that are like that. I was one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh wow.
Speaker 3: There's a world out there. Had a dog that's up mill growing up in a very small town, you know, things seem to be rather finite and that's just on TV, and realized that no, no, that's just in the real world. And you can get into it pretty easily.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and back on the fire tower a little bit.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we we're offering the obviously the original schools front of mine for me, but we also are doing monthly trainings for volunteer departments that are free of charge so that they can get some of the reup that they need in different areas. We just finished up an EMR series refresher series.
Speaker 2: With that, we have a board that we work with.
Speaker 4: And as we transition, because I don't know if you've heard, but we are going to have a full time fire and EMS program next year. It will be available for high school seniors and so they will get their AMT as well as get their firefighter one and a few other firefighter courses out of the way. And so we are really really excited about that and kicking that off, and we will work in conjunction conjunction with them to make other offerings available for our local departments as well.
Speaker 3: We cannot have enough first responders exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's we're trying to fill that and build our emergency Services division for sure. So we're look for exciting things in the next few years. We're very excited about it.
Speaker 3: All. You have to do, folks is to keep up with them. Is a check gap on their website that is tri Countytech dot edu. I don't know who put that together, but it's very easy to navigate. Even a guy my age can go on there and say, I'm not confused. I just go click and it's there. So it's really it's easy on the eyes. The information is right there in playing language. You're not going to get some IVY League you know, blah blah blah. When you're reading up on courses. It's easy to understand. And it even takes you places where you can apply. It takes you places where you can look at for financial aid.
Speaker 2: That's what we're trying to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, make it easy for everybody to get to this, and that's our fire star, our fire stuff. We have a page that has our offerings listed as well as a link to get registered for that conference that I was talking about. They actually registered through OSU FST and so there is a link there. It's tray Countytech dot ADU slash Training and there's also a button there that you can click and we will send you text messages with updates if you're interested in any of the new classes that are coming out, and what's happening with that as well.
Speaker 3: You know. The thing is is, yeah, I take a look at the at the building when when I'm driving by or picking up my daughter, and then I say, man, well they put all that underneath one roof. Then I go inside and it's like, Okay, there's some kind of losing because there's a whole lot of stuff in here that building that looked that big, and my goodness, there's a lot going on in.
Speaker 2: There, there is.
Speaker 4: And we're getting ready to finish up finally our health wing that we've been working on for about a year, so that should open up here pretty soon again, and then we will be starting on new buildings as well.
Speaker 2: So because with new.
Speaker 5: Programs, yes, yes, yeah, So we're constantly doing something right, yes, and and just trying to keep up with the technology, with the times, with all the things.
Speaker 4: And so we our administration does a great job. Doctor Strobel is amazing. Ta Gotwalt's our chief of instruction and she is is really really good at what she does and we're very lucky to have her. And you know, of course Kyle over us in the web department and h he's he's a gem as well.
Speaker 3: So he does how to motivate.
Speaker 2: He does, he does, he does.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of fun, he is. I want to thank you, thank you Eric and for coming in here today and spending enough time with us to get so much information out there for those who need it.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, you have been watching and listening to our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust.