Speaker 1: All right, Karenes pop quiz. Oh boy, today's guest is diving into a topic that we have never covered on the show before. What I guess?
Speaker 2: No, you don't guess any more?
Speaker 1: Hint, Just show me a guess. So we've never covered before.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. Okay, Well, I always learned about things we didn't know existed, So how can I guess?
Speaker 1: I'll give you a hint. It's not crystal grids. Okay, Yeah, it's not galactic soul origins either. Okay, No, and no, we're not decoding ancient Lemurian light coodes this week either.
Speaker 2: All right, those none of those were my guess.
Speaker 1: No, I'm shocked. All right, try this. What if something is small as a speck of dust could open the doors to emotional healing, spiritual alignment, and divine connection.
Speaker 2: Oh that's just reminded me of The Little Prince. Remember that movie.
Speaker 1: It's actually a book that I used to love when I was a kid. Yeah, yeah, well, okay, that would be cool though. Okay, ready, here, here's a lot of dust in the house. Well here's a bigger hint. Right, it involves mush rooms. Okay, but not the kind you sawtey with garlic.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know I didn't think.
Speaker 1: So we are finally talking about microducing tiny amounts of psychedelics that can lead to big breakthroughs in healing, self discovery, and maybe even less road rates during that pesky mercury retrogade thing that comes on. Right, These are tiny doses of earth grown psychedelics that are helping people remember who they truly are.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our guest is the founder of microdosing for healing, and she's built an entire global community to help people ease into this powerful practice without the need for ty die or starting a drum circle.
Speaker 2: Do you think they'd help you remember.
Speaker 1: To take the treash out? We can ask you that. Okay, guys, get ready, because your spirit guides might just be whispering.
Speaker 2: It's time needs.
Speaker 1: To the skeptic and physicians starts now. My name is Will and I'm Garen. Unlike Boulder and Scully, both want to believe. So we've embarked in a journey of discovery.
Speaker 2: We've talked to people deeply entrenched in the spiritual and metaphysical world.
Speaker 1: We've thrown ourselves into weird and wonderful experiences. I even joined a coven.
Speaker 2: Of witches and wait, you joined a coven yep.
Speaker 1: All in the interest of finding something, anything, that will prove that there's something beyond this physical.
Speaker 2: Three dimensional world we all live in.
Speaker 1: This is the skeptic metaphysicians. So picture this. You're cruising to life, doing all the things, work, family, the occasional attempt of a social life, and something feels off, like there's this deeper, more authentic version of you just waiting to break free, but you're not sure how to let them out. Enter the True You Accelerator, a ten module program crafted by the amazing Angie Hippo and her celestial co hosts, the Judah Collective. This course is like spiritual boot camp, but without the yelling, drill sergeants. Instead, you get loving guidance to help you shed old patterns, embrace your true essence, and start manifesting the life you actually want. Each module is packed with in depth teachings. Angie breaks down complex spiritual concepts to bite sized, digestible pieces exclusive channelings. You get front row access to messages from Judah and other enlightened beings practical exercises. Think of these as your spiritual homework, but way more fun and enlightening inflexible learning. Whether you prefer watching videos, listening to audios, or reading transcripts, they have got you covered. Plus, once you're in, you got lifetime access. Baby, you can revisit the material anytime you need a refresher or a spiritual pick me up. If you are ready to peel back the layers and meet the real you, the one that's been itching to come out and play, check out the True U Accelerator. We got a special affiliate link in our show. By enrolling through that link, you're not only investing in your own transformation, but you're also helping to support the show. So why not take the leap? Your true self is waiting, and trust me, they are awesome. Hey there, I'm Will and welcome back to an eye opening, mind expanding episode of The Skeptic met Physicians. Today's guest is a trailblazer in the conscious use of sacred plant medicine. Casey Garrett is a founder of Microdosing for Healing, a global community and immersive education platform dedicated to introducing the practice of microdosing in an intentional, grounded, and heart centered way. We're not talking about party drug here. Now. Since twenty twenty, she's guided thousands of seekers, from curious beginners to spiritual explorers through the powerful intersection of earth medicine, emotional healing, and personal transformation. Through her community immersive programs and her podcast, Casey helps demystify psychedelic practice and reconnect us to ancient healing wisdom that's as relevant today as ever. So get ready to journey inward because this conversation might just change your perspective, one microdose at a time. Welcome to the show, Casey Garrett. How you doing today.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm so happy to be here. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Well, we're happy to have you here.
Speaker 1: I'm especially excited because this is a topic that really wanted to dive into for a long time, but we've not had the opportunity. We've not found the right person to talk through it with you. So with you on the show now, we have the opportunity. Because truth be told, we are clueless about this. Right. We know about silo sybon, we know about adiahasca, we know about all that kind of stuff, but microdosing is a world that we've been curious about but scared about at the same time too. Right, because we don't want a trip per se, but we've heard so many great things about it, So can you explain to us just what exactly are we talking about when we see microdosing?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and first of all, you are my people.
Speaker 1: I would you.
Speaker 3: Everybody I work with is like, do I have to trip? I'm kind of curious and I'm drawn, but I'm afraid to go on a psychedelic journey. So absolutely so. Microdosing is the taking the small sub perceptual dose. It's usually about one tenth the dose of what a high dose journey would be. And so while you're going to feel definite benefits and effects, you're not going to feel altered and trippy in any way. That's the number one thing. A lot of people I work with are like, I am running a company, I have a bunch of kids. I can't be off my game. Ever, I have to be on all the time. With mushrooms, they realized they're not off their game. They're actually more on their game than they have ever been. So it's very much the opposite of an alcohol experience that kind of dolls you and takes you outside of yourself. Microdosing brings you back more into yourself. And your instinct.
Speaker 1: So you're not losing control at all, like with alcohol or any other type of drug. It's actually giving you more control. Yes, because you're more connected.
Speaker 3: You're more connected, you're more intuitive, you're more articulate, you're more focused, you're almost better at most things.
Speaker 2: So you're not having any of that like throwing up and just blacking out or anything like that.
Speaker 3: No, no hangover the next day, Nope. Okay, most people, the vast majority I have worked with, had stopped drinking some altogether.
Speaker 1: Oh why, I mean, because I didn't need it to sound like that. That sounded really weird. That's not a bad noe. I'm just saying that true. Like we when we go out for a drink, it's a social thing. How would microdosing replace that?
Speaker 3: Great question? As soon as I started during twenty twenty twenty twenty one, it was I was in California at the time. We were locked down for ages. There a lot of people in my initial groups were coming with the intention they said, you know, I have been kind of hitting the wine a little too hard here in lockdown. What they found was when they started microdocing a few weeks months later, they would go, Wow, I haven't had a drink like I just kind of stopped effortlessly drinking, or they moved from drinking four or five times a week to once or twice a month when they went out to dinner to enjoy a great meal or special occasion, they didn't need the social lubricant of alcohol. They didn't need the relaxation and the sedation of alcohol, nor did they need the escape as much anymore. So you can drink absolutely, but I find now that I've witnessed so many people, I think what happens is mushrooms have a very high bright resonance. People practice, they get lighter, they get more radiant, they look younger, they feel better, and it's this cascading effects you. I'll take the blocks that reaction a lot, and alcohol is actually really aging. It's very dense. It kind of brings you down. It feels good at the time, but a lot of people find as they get back in touch with their body and their own energy. And I'll have drink of lass of wine once in a while because I love wine, but I'll feel it in my body for the next few days, so I still love it once in a while. But to drink several times a week. A lot of people find that they just let it go very easily.
Speaker 2: So now are they replacing the alcohol with the microdosing or is it just your microdose for a little while and then stop and never really care for alcoholic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it's interesting they lose, it's just kind of effortless. But when there is a friction. Alcohol was such a part of their social life. It's so strange to be out in a dinner cocktail party and walk around with my sparkling water. They don't find the need to have a social lubricant anymore. The social conditioning of dating and not drinking or going to the drinking exactly.
Speaker 1: Why you're not drinking exactly alcohol.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In fact, minds me. When we first met, you were on a new alcohol kick for a while. Oh and I was like, oh, red flag, red flag.
Speaker 2: That's funny, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So, but I guess what I'm asking is, is alcohol replaced with mushrooms? Do you have to continually do the microdosing?
Speaker 3: Great question. Yes, this is another big thing that it's very mind bending for people to get their head arounds because we're so steeped in pharmaceutical culture. A lot of people think that if they're odd medications on their microdoceine to say, going off their antidepressants and then in the micro dose instead. It bends people's minds because the goal of microdocene is to not need to microdose anymore. You only do it for as long as you feel is appropriate. But when you stop microdocene, you don't give up all of the benefits that you gained. For example, I had a grandma seize your disorder that I had since I was a kid. I was medicated for it. Heavy pharmaceuticals never quite got at what was underneath, you know. They never really diagnosed me, if anything, and I did a lot of different healing modalities of my life, but they never completely went away. When I started micro dosing mushrooms, they stopped immediately and I've never had one since. And after a while, when I decided to stop micro dosne, I was really curious if they would come back, and they never did.
Speaker 1: They never came back.
Speaker 3: Oh, and so micro dosing, it's not the mushrooms that are doing something to you. The mushrooms are tapping into your innate healing potential, helping you reset your nervous system and so a whole host of symptoms heal and you don't need to keep relying on the mushrooms to maintain.
Speaker 1: Did you do it every day? You microdosed every day for how long?
Speaker 3: Yes? When I was first starting out, I didn't know anybody that was doing it other than the person that introduced me to it, and so we were just kind of linging it. There was one book that mentioned it briefly, oh On, doctor James Fadoman and mentioned it in his book Psychedelic Explorers Died. There was a little bit about microdoscene. I was practicing five days a week, so I would dose five days a week and take two days off. And so that's a really common one for our community. Typically starts at for four or five days a week dosing when they first start out.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, And then for how many weeks would you say you did it?
Speaker 3: We start for six weeks. And it's interesting, like some people have so many benefits come in the first six weeks that have an amazing, incredible transformative experience in the first six weeks. Other people it takes longer, and it'll take three to four months to get connected with the medicine field. Benefits that's about the standard, and we reassessed, take a break and see if they want to continue or not.
Speaker 1: So we're not talking years, we're talking months. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. So you talk about how it taps you into your own healing. Could this help with symptoms of perimenopause or menopause?
Speaker 3: That is the most popular question right now. I need that so many times a week because so many women are talking about it more. You know, it's very in right now, and more people feel comfortable talking about it, and so they're coming and saying, I'm having all of these symptoms. What is hormones and what can mushrooms help? Where do I need hormone therapy? And where can mushrooms help. So there's a whole host of things, particularly mood and inflammation. We can get a lot of weird inflammation in perimenopause like muscle aches, frozen shoulder body aches, chronic fatigue that mushrooms can support a lot, and also mood swings.
Speaker 2: Mood swings too, the meds aren't that's the that's the only thing that my friend No complained about that mood. So, but everything else.
Speaker 1: Right, body ache, fatigue, muscle.
Speaker 2: Aches and aside I think the reason it's so popular now it's because the women that are currently going through gen xers and we were loud, still loud now, I.
Speaker 1: Was just gonna say, still loud. I don't have fomo at all. So let's talk about men's stuff like perfect example, if a man has prostate is shoes asking for a friend, right, could something like this be a benefit to the high blood pressure? Things like that.
Speaker 3: I would say the number one thing I hear from men is men sleep better. That's the big one because.
Speaker 2: A lot of as your friend, right.
Speaker 3: Friend, a lot of men don't feel anxiety the way women feel anxiety. It just manifest differently. For a lot of men. They're very anxious, but they're not aware of it because it comes out in their sleep. They can't get deep sleep, rim sleep, they don't dream, and they're also waking up through the night. When you start microdosing, it resets your nervous system. All of a sudden, they're like, oh my god, I slept more than seven hours. I'm having dreams. A lot of men are just really stoked to sleep again, and they getting fascinated by the fact that they're dreaming again for the first time since they were kids.
Speaker 1: I would love to say, and I feel the anxiety when I wake up. I wake up all ten stop from the anxiety. Things like that, getting closer.
Speaker 2: To being you know, on board, you know the saying, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Are there any negative side effects or things that would be able to turn for someone who's interested in trying this.
Speaker 3: That's a great question, And the benefits are so broad. Who has this not worth? The main contraindication I have seen is if somebody is pinned at the top of their emotional spectrum. For example, they just lost a loved one and they're in deep grief, or a spouse just left them and they're in a peak phase of emotionality. Sometimes mushrooms can bring things up that are ready to be healed in a powerful way. We have to make sure we're resourced and have the network and support to handle the uprise and emotional capacity. If someone is kind of in the throes of deep grief, I'll oftentimes start with breath work, start with meditation, start with yoga, start with just getting out in the morning sun, connecting with nature. And then once you're kind of in a place where you can hold emotion again, then we'll start microdosing. It's really people's ability to feel is one of the gauges.
Speaker 2: This would be something we should never do together at the same time because we are both so emotional feeling people. If anything goes.
Speaker 1: Awry, it might actually be good, uh, send our daughter to camp.
Speaker 3: It's actually most uncomfortable for people who can't feel very, very repressed because they don't know, like they've never really allowed themselves to cry, They've never really allowed themselves to feel discomfort or anger. People who are very emotional are actually kind of better at it. Because you're fluent, you're emotional.
Speaker 1: We would be genius level genius. All right, Well, I do want to dive into the spiritual aspects of it. But before we do that, one more question that I have, because again I have a friend who would be very interested in this answer. If someone's taking medications currently, is there anything that would prevent that person from microdosing while they're on the medication. We need to take a quick pause, but we'll be right back right off to these messages. Hey there. Before we get to the interview, we have a small ask. We know that there are tons of options out there, and having you decide to come along on our journey of discovery. That's an absolute honor for us. But if you know someone who would benefit from hearing the messages that we are sharing on the show, why don't you do them in us a favor and share the show with them. Take a moment right now and forward this episode to that person. That's it, just a simple ask for your help and spreading the word. We'd appreciate it so much and see not only will it help get the word out about us, but it also might just change someone's life for the better. Hey, thanks to your help on this. Without further ado, let's get out to the interview. If someone's taking medications currently, is there anything that would prevent that person from microdocing while they're on the medication?
Speaker 3: Sometimes okay the answer yes. So pharmaceuticals are not impossible, but they're another wriggle and a variable. We've had tons of experience. We've always had people in our community on different pharmaceuticals, and we have professional support in our community and pharmacists trained both in Western pharma and psychedelics. I'd love to give a shout out to my colleague Christen Spear she's a pharmacologist. She's amazing, and she just created this amazing tool that people can go in and put their medications and supplements, cross check it with psilocybin, and get a report for a few bucks. It's kind of a self self help kind of thing. And that's as Psychedelic Interaction dot com.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Great, that's great, okay, because that was a big question of mine because my friend is on a lot of medication and you just never know, right, So I'm interesting to find out how that works. So let's dive into the spiritual. This is the skeptic when physician's after in the show. A lot of people know about psilocybin as a way to broaden their spiritual growth. How does microdosing compare to taking a goddess level type of dose, for example.
Speaker 3: It's all a continuum in my experience. So a lot of people who are familiar with psychedelic journeys, who were kind of the first wave of psychedelics back in the fifties and sixties, there wasn't a such thing as microdosin, right, But if we dial back to antiquity, if we dial back to indigenous cultures, they all had a form of microdosine in the form of purification processes to get to the high dose experience. They had a write of passage to go with that. We're just lacking that in our culture, especially in America. We want to go big right from the start. So microdosing really serves as this beautiful introduction to connecting with the medicine. It's really gentle, it's soft, but you can start to understand how the medicine is to speak to you and how spirit is going to speak to you. The spirit of the medicine. For example, some people are very mental people. They'll automatically notice shifts in their thinking. They're like, I'm just connecting the dots more. I'm seeing things from a different perspective. I'm having beautiful ideas that I didn't expect other people. It's very somatic, and the medicine works through their body and really expands their body as a lot of physical health and healing other people, it's very spiritual and mystical from the start. They'll start microdocne and nature just comes alive. There's birds landing near them, their pets can't get enough of them. The animal world just doesn't seem to have fear for them anymore, and so it's really fascinating to hold space for as social groups of people because the medicine is so unique to each person. It gives me science and clues and ultimately how the medicine is going to work with them in a high dose experience, are they going to have a really mystical experience or is it going to be a more somatic, physical experience.
Speaker 1: You would then recommend beginning microdocene with an eye towards taking a full journey at some point in the future, because that's what's going to really open up your spiritual world, is that higher dosage. So this prepares you for that imminent journey.
Speaker 3: Some people just microdose and nu's enough for them. I work with a lot of people who are clairboyance and psychics, and they're already really open. They have had meditation practices for forty years. They can really go pretty far with just micro docene. But even skeptics and people who never thought they would do a journey, after they microdose for a while, they'd come to trust the experience and they're drawn. That was totally me. I thought I would never do a psychedelic journey, but after I had such a beautiful strength with micro docene. I was like, all right, maybe a little higher, maybe a little higher, right, And that was when I had big spiritual expansions. Was when I started to work at higher levels.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, only experience with silas ibin was in college. And you know those trips. That's not really meant for spiritual expansion. That's meant for, like I mentioned earlier, the party drug, and I puked my guts out. So is there a way to do this?
Speaker 3: Without great question? Most people get nauseous due to the kitan in the mushroom. Some people lack a digestive enzyme that can break down the mushroom to get to the psilocybin. For people who get really nauseous from the kite, you can use a different formulation or a finished medicine, like a chocolate or a shoe.
Speaker 1: They have chocolate mushrooms.
Speaker 3: Now, oh, they have mushroom everything.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, so we've had mushroom tea, but it's not the magic mushroom tight It was like lions tail, right, And you could.
Speaker 3: Take psilocybin into tea.
Speaker 1: Also, because I think we put it on a pizza and ate.
Speaker 3: The pizza as you do in college, right exactly.
Speaker 1: I think a friend of mine actually took it out of the bag and just start chewing it. And I tried it. It was a pungent taste. It was really difficult. So we put on pizzas just you have to taste it. I mean, I heard that's what people do. I would never do anything illegal, absolutely not. That brings up a question, was my next question. Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 2: So the legality of it? Is this something that is it legal? Is microdosing legal? Is going on a bigger spiritual journey with the full dosing legal?
Speaker 3: It depends where you are, which is so human of us to draw little lines on the earth and go you could do it here, you can't do it here, and you could do it here. A couple of states, Colorado and Oregon, have passed legislation statewide. It is legal through legalized models and decriminalized other cities around the country. It's happening. It's very mushroomy actually, the way it's happening. It's really hard to keep up with because different cities across the country are decriminalizing, but for the most part, it is still illegal. Unfortunately, laws that were never relevant in the first place, So as classified as a Schedule one drug, even though it meets none of the criteria to be a Schedule one. It was very It was Nixon.
Speaker 1: I was just going to say it was back in the Nixon administration that trying to control those hippies. Yeah, we've had a conversation with someone that came on to talk about MDMA. We got a lot of educate, a lot of knowledge from that conversation. So I assume it's similar to this. But we are sitting in the state where it is not currently legal anywhere. Are we out of luck or is there any way that we can bend the rules a little bit?
Speaker 3: Yeah. People, at the end of the day, it's you and a relationship. How you approach it. It's your medicine, it's your spirit It's religion for some people. I mean for me, it truly is a is a spiritual sacrament intricately linked to my spiritual practice. So there are some religious protections. There are churches bringing up some of them are kind of open source affiliations where you can hold dear practice underneath a divine sacrament and spiritual practice. So that's one avenue that people like I live in Florida. There are churches that have set up to practice with mushrooms or ayahuasca in a church setting. When I first started, we taught people to grow mushrooms at home. In almost every state, I think forty eight out of the fifty states, you can buy it cultivation kits, and then you buy spores separately. And there's only two states in the country where you can't legally buy psilocybin spores, which is interesting. I'm curious, says are Louisiana.
Speaker 4: I believe yep, okay, right, yes, so it's possible to grow, especially for microdocing, once you get the hang of cultivation at home.
Speaker 3: No, it's not legal in most of the countries, but it's personal use. There are some religious protections and hopefully is changing soon. One step forward, two steps back, three steps forward, and so hopefully soon people will recognize the values.
Speaker 1: And in large part this type of what we're talking about is microdosing. Right, The amount of medicine that is involved in microdosing is pretty decriminalized in almost everywhere because it is such a low dosage or my just wishful thinking.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know, hundreds of guides all over the country and we're all at this point and the only time we've ever heard of someone getting in trouble it was almost by accident. It was like they were growing their mushrooms and there was a fire at their house when they were away, and the fire department was like, what is this?
Speaker 2: What it is?
Speaker 3: Most of this law enforcement is not going out trying to criminalize people, especially for their own healing and their own spiritual practice. I think it's just people are far ahead of where the law is and we're in such a strange place right now, especially here in the US. So when we're talking about microdosing, how much is it? Like is it like half a mushroom? I'm just curious, like, what does that look like? How much does that look like? It's small When people are starting out, if they're growing their own you get a little scale, you know, you dry them, dehydrate the mushrooms, and then I have a scale. But there's a lot of medicine makers now out there that you have websites, they have religious protections, they have memberships where you can access safe sourcing online and have it shipped to you pre doosed, so that way, when you're first starting out, you're not chopping and guessing. Sometimes people are like I nibble, and I'm like, don't nibble. Most people, I find the microdosing range in terms of the mushroom itself, it's usually between one hundred and one hundred and fifty milligrams is a general starting point. I work with a lot of people that tend to be pretty open, who are kind of very spiritual people, creative people. I work with a lot of artists, and they tend to need a much lower dose. A lot of our community starts at like fifty milligrams or one hundred milligrams.
Speaker 1: Okay, And when you say predose or whatever is it, they ship out like a pill or something.
Speaker 3: Like that, usually in the form of capsules, just because it's easy to grow your own mushrooms, and then they dehydrate them and grind them up and put them into capsules. Capsules are very common. But there's also tinctures. There's chocolate, there's gummies, there's tablets. Yeah, it depends on the medicine maker.
Speaker 2: I like tinctures. That just sounds cool. You feel like there's like a dropper bottle and a pestel.
Speaker 1: In fact, the last time I did a trip in college, we would say the word tincture a lot. I think it's fun to say.
Speaker 2: It gives us aura tink shit little models.
Speaker 1: This sounds kind of exciting because it seems like an interesting way to dip your toe into this kind of thing. Right I'm not really interested in tripping unless it's in a very controlled environment and it's for a very spiritual reason. All the benefits that you're talking about are exciting to me because not only does it give you help benefits, but also the spiritual aspect, which is what I'm most focused on right now. It's kind of a cool entry way into something. And there are people out there who believe this kind of thing is a crutch, that spirituality should come from within and only within. There's no need to bring anything into make that move any faster. What would you say to those folks that believe that this was just a crutch.
Speaker 3: I love that question because it comes up both in the scientific community and among psychiatrists and psychologists. They're like, is this a shortcut? We should need something outside of ourselves. In the religious community that just published a fantastic piece by Michael Pollen around psilocybin experiences, they brought together a bunch of pastors and rabbis and had them trip.
Speaker 1: Get out of here, or I want to be in that room watching.
Speaker 3: It was just published very recently, in the last few days, and it was incredible to read, and it kind of shifted their I said about practice is very spiritual and very religious and originally back in the day, there's great evidence now that psychedelics were part of Christianity. It was the original sacrament.
Speaker 1: I mean, how else is mosic going to see? I'm burning bush for God's sakes.
Speaker 3: But it kind of eliminates the middle man of our church structure because it is all about your divine connection with source within yourself. It's the sacrament that helps you access that. A lot of people as they developed spiritually in my program, you come to realize your guides, your angels, whatever your connection is, it was there all along, and it was your own fear often your own fear, your own grief, your own trauma that kept you from hearing it and connecting to it. As you work through and release a lot of the fear and density, you realize it was there all along. It's just a stronger connection now, gotcha.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have a question, how long does this stay in your system, in your I don't know blood you're in Like people that work can get random drug tests. How does it work?
Speaker 3: Great question. I've worked with a lot of people who work for the government, so they want to know this question. It's fifteen hours. It's what the pharmacists have told me. Whether it's a microdose or a hydros journey. Psilocybin clears from your body very quickly and it doesn't get retained in your hair or skin.
Speaker 1: Awesome, all right, So I have heard it, say so first of me. Back up, I've heard a couple of different things, and I'll address each one separately. First, I've heard that human beings have more in common with fungi than almost any other.
Speaker 2: Entity or a fungus among us.
Speaker 1: So I would assume that there's some sort of brethren there that connects us in therefore makes it a little bit more of a connective tissue that makes it better for us to do this kind. I'm trying to convince Karen right now, So just help me here.
Speaker 2: I've never heard. I've heard pigs. They have a lot of kind of pigs. I'm not where we have a lot of some.
Speaker 1: People do they just say around what have you heard about that truth?
Speaker 3: Yeah, fink, I are amazing. They're so much older than us. They've lived through five extinction events and carry this wisdom on a cellular level across time. I think they're coming back in this moment because they know we need a little help. Right right, we're kind of in an evolutionary moment right now where we're kind of going, we're branching off and becoming the next iteration of humans. Paul Stammet's one of the most famous mycologists who's kind of been beating the dram up psilocybin for a very long time on his own for a long time. He calls psilicydein Einstein molecule, because it really does make you smarter. It makes you better and in every way physically better. Your instincts get dialed up, your reflexes improve, but also you're smarter, and you're more empathetic, wow, and emotionally fluent. These are all the qualities that humans really need.
Speaker 2: And the little lower thing.
Speaker 3: Tinctures and serums.
Speaker 2: Guys, I've been waiting that. I just took it longer than I thought.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to interrupt her. So then my second point is I've heard that microdosing, and I think you kind of alluded to it earlier on where it connects you more. It makes you feel more grounded, more centered. It gets you more in step with who you truly are. I know a lot of people, me included, have a little bit of a social anxiety disorder type of thing happening where I'm very gregarious, I'm very outgoing, but there are times when I feel like, right, is this something that could help you in that scenario?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, this is like a magic thing. I have to think, Yes, it's a magic pill.
Speaker 3: Anxiety is an interesting one when I'm talking to people for the first time and I'm asking what brings them. Almost always when people say, I ask people, when you get out of balance, which way do you go? Do you get sad and inward and kind of isolate yourself overeat binge on Netflix like is that you?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: In those cases, mushrooms are almost always supportive when you tend to go inward with anxiety, if you get out of balance and you kind of express outward. It depends on the anxieties. For example, people who tend to lash out at others road ragers, as people tend to not It's interesting mushrooms don't talk to them as much, which is really interesting to witness right, because it's like spirit always has the last a right. So with anxiety, I notice for certain things like anxiety, public speakers people who speak on a lot of stages and they're like, I've done this my whole life and I still am so nervous and anxious every single time. It's really good for social anxiety stage right, public speaking. It's also really good for specific anxiety. I've had people who can't drive on freeways because they get so anxious driving when it's like heavy traffic, or they have to drive in a city. They find themselves driving fine. They don't have bad anxiety.
Speaker 1: Bridge user and that the must speak of anybody or anything.
Speaker 3: But yes, the healing happens because underlying that is nervous system dysregulation. When you regulate your nervous systm Paul Stammet's who I just mentioned, is a great example of this. He had extreme stutter when he was a kid, and he found as a kid, he was like it would get worse every time it was like a girl I was interested in talking to you, it would get way worse. And he did a high dose psilocybin journey when he was a teenager and his stutter cleared. Wow. Years He was like, mushrooms healed my stutter. But then he came to realize that mushrooms didn't heal it stutter. Mushrooms healed his underlying anxiety which was causing the stutter.
Speaker 1: What about meditation does it help deepen meditation? Hey there, it's Will just stepping in here for a second to ask you for a favor. See, the main reason we do this show is to help others in their spiritual awakening, and nothing makes us happier than to hear or read messages from those that are resonating with the messages we're sharing on the show. So if you have a moment, we'd love for you to contribute to the show by heading to Skepticmanaphysician dot com and sending us a voicemail or an email from our website, or if you prefer, we love for you to leave us a review on Apple Podcasts or any other podcasting platform that supports them. Karen and I love hearing from those that are moved to message us. It truly does fuel our passion. You are the reason we do this show, and knowing what you like and don't like, that's going to help us craft the very best show we can so that we can help raise the vibration of the planet together.
Speaker 3: A lot of people who are regular meditators find themselves getting to a new place in their meditation and they can drop in more quickly.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think the only question I have left now? Do you have a friends and family discount? Because we're friends now right? No, it sounds incredible. How is it that this is not more widely known.
Speaker 2: Because Big Pharma doesn't want us to heal all the way so they can keep selling medicines.
Speaker 1: Maybe we can have the excellent.
Speaker 2: That's just my two cents.
Speaker 3: I mean, just a few days ago, I, along with fifty of my colleagues were shut down and banned on Instagram for exactly the reason you just shared. There's so much positive benefit, there's so much healing. People are really starting to learn about this work and how excessible it is, and just a few days ago we all got shut down.
Speaker 1: Wow. Oh, we don't want to be on Instagram anyway.
Speaker 3: We're just like mushrooms though, we just pop up.
Speaker 1: As long as it's moist warm.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Not long ago, I went to a mushroom farm for the first time. They were SHUTALKI mushrooms. It was astounding, the sheer will to survive, the will to come. I mean, there was rows upon rods. They were doing them on cedar wood logs. It wasn't in the ground. I think I kind of expected when someone said, Okay, you're gonna do a shoot at a mushroom farm, I thought we're gonna be digging through the dirt like truffles and things like that. But no, it was a greenhouse and it was rolled upon row of these logs, and there was like dozens of mushrooms growing out of these logs. It was astounding and gorgeous. And then they gave us a whole bushel of them and they were amazing, so good. They were so clean, because you know when you buy them at the store, you gotta wipe off the dirt from the mushrooms. These were completely clean. Well, it's l J mushroom to look up leja E L l I J A I Y mushrooms and Georgia. They're amazing. I'll send it to him to see what you say.
Speaker 3: I love it so much. One of the things we're jamming on a lot. So I have a professional group of micro dosing guides. There's forty of us center from all over the world who do this work as micro doosing guides. Lately, we've been really excited about combining different functional mushrooms with psilocybin in stacking. What I think is going to happen in the future is we're going to start pairing different mushrooms for different health conditions. For example, I credit my seizure's healing because I stacked psilocybin with Lion's main.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 3: Anybody that has a nervous system condition, migraine, headaches, TBI, stroke, recovery, concussion, anything underlying nervous system, Lion's maine and psilocybin together is beautiful. But there's so many other functional mushrooms like turkey tail and cortis aps chaga rachi that when you stack them together they amplify in it.
Speaker 2: And they're using mushrooms in Japan to to work with cancer.
Speaker 1: Turkey tales specifically, right, that's right, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: A different one, but Turkey Tale, yes, but that's not the one, gotcha. That's the mosk going on.
Speaker 1: So a little bit out of the norm question. But let's say someone has a physiological something. Would microdosing help a tumor or something like that. Would a psilocybin or micro dosing have any effect on something like that.
Speaker 3: They have done testing on turkey tail. A turkey tail has had a positive impact on tumor cessation and shrinking tumors. I don't know that they've tested psilocybin on tumors specifically yet. There's so much research going on right now, which is amazing and hopefully it will continue. But they have done research on psilocybin therapy for cancer patients. And I've worked with people moving through a cancer journey with micro dosing as well. They find it really supportive all along the arc because it shifts your perspective and you can hold your diagnosis much differently than you were.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is incredible stuff. I know that you help people go through these kinds of things. So if someone wanted to do that, when is the journey? Is it an app they download or do you reach out to them on a phone call or how does it work?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So our community, we have a global community with over thirty countries. People can come in and it's really accessible. We just structure it like a membership, so it's like a microticing membership, and so people can come. They get access to safe sourcing, professional resources, and we come together two or three times a month for live coaching calls. Myself and the guides in our community are there to answer questions that people have and support them, provide them with resources. Then if they want to go deeper, we all host like six week programs and different niche programs for different things. And then I also have a training program to start training other people who want to do this work too as a profession for the first time. We're starting at this summer. That's a different access points folks.
Speaker 1: And do you provide the microdose tablets to the folks that are.
Speaker 3: Met We don't because that's how we're able to be so public about what we do. The medicine makers and the cultivators tend to stay separate and do things separately. Some of them have religious protections that enable them to source people within the US. We have a dedicated partner who sources them. That way, give them the resources they need.
Speaker 1: Should be able to refer someone to someone or something like that. Okay, exactly got it. That makes perfect sence.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, What have we.
Speaker 1: Not talked about, Casey that you want to make sure that the audience really truly gets from this conversation just.
Speaker 3: How much is possible? I think what has been so eye opening for people once they start practicing is so much of our Western medical system has been fixing things that are wrong and making things manageable. We've kind of operated from that perspective. It's not about not drinking, being sober. It's not really about thriving. It's about not drinking for a lot of people, just managing pain, managing depression. But once people start microdosing, it shifts you. There is so much more that's possible for my life to not just be less depressed. I can actually thrive in this life, and I can wake up feeling good and inspired and vibrant every day, which is so different than the mindset that we've been conditioned to believe.
Speaker 1: Now, for those that might still have a little bit of fear left in them, is there any reason whatsoever to be afraid of this?
Speaker 3: No, there's not, and it takes education and comfort. I always invite people. It's very very common in our community that people just go. It just keeps coming to me, Like I just see mushrooms everywhere and I'm having dreams about them, and I go to the mall and they're like in the window, and I'm just like, it might be time. And so usually people are It's funny, like they call you to it and you come across it, and then looking back, it's like, oh, they found me right at the right time time, Like my life was about to go through this massive change that happens all the time and you needed the support. You just didn't know it at the time. And so it's one of those things that people get called and they come to it at the right time. It's not a practice that although I wish I could convince certain people in our government right now use pleasure rooms. It really thrives and works best when people connect individually and are called to it. So I always invite people to just learn, but you don't have to start practicing. Come into our community and listen, listen to the experience and learn. People who had a lot of fear or wanted to wait after a call or two, just hearing what's possible, and the experience is so different than what they thought it was going to be Most people get really comfortable and ask the same question that you asked it, which is why has this been hidden from us for so long?
Speaker 1: Is there any way to overdose on this stuff? No, there's no way to overdose.
Speaker 3: No, they've tried, they've tested. Yeah. Actually, psilocybin was ranked they ranked as a professor in the UK ranked like the world's most safest drugs possible. And although I don't like classifying mushrooms as a drug, in this case it was like, yeah, the fourth safest drug that was There was literally no way to overdose. It's kind of like eating too many oranges.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's probably better than aspirin this time in this way because aspirin will actually mess you.
Speaker 3: Up in terms of side effects.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. And what was the other question that came up to me when we're asking that overdose saying, oh, is it habit for me?
Speaker 3: So this is another thing. I love this question because even in the field today, there's still a lot of misconception around that. A lot of us are taught to take breaks, you know, so we don't develop tolerance to the mushrooms and you don't want it to become habit for me. But I've witnessed over my years supporting people that over time, when people come back to micro saying is not only is it not habit forming, they require a much lower dose because they're more dialed into the metacos, they have less density, they've worked through some layers. So it's hint of the opposite of habit forming. I think humans will binge on anything that's true, cookies, movies, you name it. I find sometimes when people abuse mushrooms, it's more our human tendency to abuse than it is a quality of the mushrooms that is addicting.
Speaker 2: Anybody do you think this could help with You know, we keep hearing in the news so much about the opioid situation that we have. Do you think this could help people get off or release that addition to opioids? I think mushrooms.
Speaker 3: I'm biased. It's what I do. Mushrooms, particularly microdos and can prevent so many addictions in the first place from happening. Because almost all addictions is disconnection from self and other. Zil A Simon is such a relational medicine. It changes your relationship to yourself. It helps people love themselves again, It helps people love other people again. And you're less likely to fall into addictions if you have that healthy relationship to self in the first place. In terms of active addictions, yes, there's a couple guides in our community who specialize in working with people with addictions of all types. It's really good to break addictions because addictions are tied to that ruminating, looping mind. Resetting your nervous system can really help that. And then there's some bigger medicines that are showing remarkable pattern breaking addiction. I Begain, for example, is becoming more widely known than as a shrub from Africa that is tremendously effective for also illegal right now in the United States. Hopefully that will be changing too. But I Begin is deeply effective for opioid addiction.
Speaker 1: I love it's sister medicine for baldness regain.
Speaker 2: Can mushroom micro dosing help with that?
Speaker 1: Yes, it can improved joke, it'll deepen the humor factor. What I love the most about this is the personal factor, getting in touch with yourself, getting more in tune with who you are, the centeredness, the balance of it. In my journey, currently, I'm in a very big look inward phase where I'm looking inside seeing things I haven't seen in a long time and working through them and moving forward a better person. And I think something like this might help me to do something like that. It's something I've been curious about for a long time. I just have to get the wife on board and then it will be good, all.
Speaker 3: Right, love it well.
Speaker 1: If someone wanted to join your community or reach out to ask you any questions, what's the best way for someone to do that.
Speaker 3: I am super accessible online because my name is spelled so weird visa to find me. I'm on all the platforms that allow me to be there.
Speaker 1: No Instagram, we won't be putting that in the show notes.
Speaker 3: My new Instagram is Casey.
Speaker 1: Dot Garrett, so okay, we might put that one up.
Speaker 3: But Microdocing for Healing is honestly the best place to go. That's our home base, website, and have so many free resources, many many podcast episodes. So that's another thing people say oftentimes as they binge on the podcast episodes and really get to hear and learn from a variety of people different micronocan perspectives to get comfy. So that's there for people, and then we have lots of options and access points from there, folks, excellent.
Speaker 1: We're going to add direct links to your platform and socials I know show notes. All you need to do is go to Skeptic Metaphysition dot com, go to her episode page. You'll see those links in there, so it's easy for you to connect. Casey, this has been eye opening and mind expanding. I think I said something like that in the beginning of the episode. I thank you, wow, wow, I'm psychic. Thank you so much for coming on and clearing a lot of misconceptions up for us and helping us showcase another another avenue that's available to people that maybe people weren't so sure about. So thank you for your expertise. Thank you, heyther On, Will, and I'm welcome back to another exciting, eye popping, consciousness expanding open episode of Fantastic Metaphysicians. Let's try it again, all right, hey there On Will And.
Speaker 2: That's probably my eyes. Yeah, okay, are you?
Speaker 3: Are you too?
Speaker 2: One measure?
Speaker 1: Not yet, but we can talk later. Allright, here we go.