Speaker 1: Callaroga Shark Media.
Speaker 2: Hey there, I'm Johnny Mack with your daily comedy news and daily briefing on stand up comedy, comedians and the comedy industry. A sentence the algorithm loves. Now one thing the algorithm can help me with. Got some problems with today's audio. I did a new open here for you, but there's what's called peak distortion on some of the audio today, really annoying. I don't know what happened. My laptop just went nuts and it took me like twenty minutes to realize this happened. I should have caught it in the recording, but I did not, So I'm gonna fall on my sword here and apologize. Kid Rock's Comedy Jam is set to return for a fifth year as part of the twenty twenty sixth Nashville Comedy Festival. The Kid Rock Comedy Jam is hosted by Kid Rock, who sometimes has army helicopters fly by stop asking questions the jam Monday, April thirteenth, seven pm at The Ryman.
Speaker 3: All proceeds from the show will go to.
Speaker 2: The Kid Rock Foundation, a five h one see nonprofit raising funds for and awareness of local and regional charities helping disadvantage children, victims of war and natural disasters, and those suffering from illness. Here's your lineup, Kevin James, Kathy Griffin, Shane Gillis. I don't know why Shane's name is third in this thing, mister Rock. Joey Diaz, who I have heard people say the phrase Joey Diaz is the worst person you will ever meet in your life.
Speaker 3: I've heard people say that about Joey Diaz.
Speaker 2: Yes, they go out of their way to tell you that Joey Diaz is the worst person that you'll ever meet, but he'll be there. Also appearing Heather McMahon, Morgan, Jay, Nate Jackson, Nate Jackson and some others. Matt Rife went to hit a baseball game. It was the Reds versus the Boston Red Sox. Matt Rife throughout the first pitch, he received a personalized jersey with his name on the back. He posted on Instagram, I met my very first Reds game. Glad to be back home in Ohio. Go Reds. I'm gonna go shotgun a can of skyline Chile. Matt Rife is from North Lewis, Ohio. We also learned from Matt Rife social media that he says the Lord of the Rings the Two Towers video game is quote one of the best games ever. A fan had mentioned on Twitter that they should remake that game, and Matt Riiche said, I was just saying this update the graphics and relaunch. John Mulaney John Mulini shared the latest installment of his book club. Now, this was the one for March, and he apparently shared it on March thirty. First check your calendar, John. Anyway, if you want to read something from the John Mullaney book Club, he recommends The Monkey Wrench Gang.
Speaker 3: He said he was in Utah last week.
Speaker 2: He'd never heard of it or author Edward Abbey m'lani tells us the novel is as hilarious, weird, and American as a classic Robert Altman movie. The characters come together early and easily and embark on the funniest adventure I've read in a long time. You'll burn through it enjoy. The Webby Awards have announced a whole bunch of nominees. Now, before we get into the Webby Awards, let me just tell you something. You have to enter the Webby Awards to have a chance to be one of the finalists. Now I was curious. It's like, oh, what if one of my listeners want to enter the Webby Awards, what would that cost them? Well, for a creator, a single entry award is four hundred and seventy five dollars, So ponder that as I tell you all this. There are so many categories. I could spend three hours reading them to you, but I'll just tell you the ones that are mainly relevant to what we handle here. Your nominees for comedy show podcasts are Conan SmartLess, Fly on the Wall, Comedy Bang Bang, Las Calturistas, Late Night are covered. They're part of the universe.
Speaker 3: They tell us.
Speaker 2: The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon amassed five nominations, including for Best Creator, Personality or Host. Also of note, they're nearly hour long. The Life of a Showgirl Deep Dive with Taylor Swift Extended has emerged as an honoree in the Music Video and Film category. Meanwhile, The Late Show with star trek Ruiner Stephen Colbert is nominated for Social Video Short Form as well as general Social. The Daily Show is nominated in the Social and Games category. Desiliitik is up for Best Individual Performance Video and Film for her Desilidik Foxplains series. In a different podcast category, in which you could submit for four to seventy five dollars, The Weekly Show with John Stewart will vie for Best Series against the Pivot, What Could Go Wrong?
Speaker 3: And DC High Volume.
Speaker 2: Batman Saturday Night Live nominated for Best Overall Social Presence and Best Use of Vertical Video. Very Exciting the Webby Awards. Let's Stay on the Internet. YouTube is coming back to the TV Upfront's week. Trevor Noah will MC the twenty twenty six brand Cast presentation for advertisers. That's right, it's YouTube's brand Cast. Upfront returning to Lincoln Center in New York City invitation only, sorry, folks, Wednesday, May thirteenth, starting at five thirty pm. I didn't make Trivia Night last night because I wanted to stay and to watch the Moon launch and then to see what the President of the United States had to tell us. So no trivia for me.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I could keep up with these other trivia guys. These are the champions of Seinfeld Trivia, and they were profiled by The Wall Street Journal. The journal piece leads off with this question. In season one of Seinfeld, Jerry secures this apartment dour with what he calls the most impenetrable lock on the market. What brand is it?
Speaker 3: No Idea?
Speaker 2: That's when I look at my team and I go no idea, and I go back to drinking my beer. Well, Mike is one of these trivia guys. It's good at Seinfeld Trivia. He told the Journal. It was almost like I've been waiting for this question to pop up. The answer, of course, the clapgo. D twenty nine, Mike and four of his friends are on a team called Venetian Blinds.
Speaker 3: How do they practice?
Speaker 2: One of the team members falls asleep two episodes, hoping details stick in his head. Another listens to the show's audio while working out and showering.
Speaker 3: At one point, the team won.
Speaker 2: A six foot aluminum poll, among other prizes, that was part of a festiv Us theme trivia contest last December. One of the guys on the team, Joe, said, I feel like by the time I'm eighty years old, I'm gonna be the guy with the Seinfeld room. Amy Schumer likes when we talk about her. She was on Instagram. She revealed a swimsuit selfie. Fans notice she appears slimmer than ever following a reported fifty pound weight loss. We're told that while wearing oversized sunglasses and her hair pulled back into a casual bun, Amy Schumer kept the look effortless and unfiltered. Meanwhile, Kathy Griffin is now a blonde. Fans weren't sure did she dye her hair as at a wig. One person commented, what the hell is happening here? Kathy confirmed she had actually bleached her hair. She said, Hi, you guys, it's Kathy Griffin as a blonde. She then encouraged people to check out her Talk Your Head Off with Kathy Griffin YouTube show, where she discusses her decision to go blonde. The worst person who ever lived?
Speaker 3: Jay Leno back in the news. Remember there was this whole thing.
Speaker 2: Jay Leno has been battling against California's emissions regulators. Well, Leno's law has found its way back into the state Senate. Right now, California draws a hardline at nineteen seventy five. Anything built before nineteen seventy five can potentially sidesteps and smock testing requirements, providing it's not like an everyday car and it's just for like parades and car shows and stuff like jay Lena would do. Under the proposed changes to the law, the collector vehicle threshold would shift to any car at least thirty five years old, with the cutoff creeping ford one model year at a time until twenty twenty two. That would eventually move the exemption all the way up until nineteen eighty six. Doesn't sound unreasonable to me. At the Melbourne Comedy Festival, there's a lot of magic shows during the daytime, so if you're free on Friday again with the Melbourne stuff, I have to work a day ahead because of the way time zones work. But if you're free round twelve thirty, go see Barry Potter and the Magic of Wizardry.
Speaker 3: That's right, I said.
Speaker 2: Barry Potter witness Feats of Sorcery in person as a grown up wizard delves into an untold story. Edmundton Journal gave it five stars and called it incredible Kiddo mag four stars presumably out of four, they said fun and surprise filled. Got a couple actual clips for you today. Dave Thornton's show was called More or less Ny Gouz.
Speaker 4: There's been a lot of her in my family about getting a dog, and look, I get it.
Speaker 3: I grew up with a dog. It's great.
Speaker 4: And like you dog owners, I reckon you speak more complimentary about your dogs than most parents talk about their kids, Like seriously, you say stuff like, uh, it's my fur baby, it's my fur baby. I call my kids my flesh beets not as nice. And the only thing is we live in a built up area. I saw the dogs around us. They're small, which is fine, but they're the kind of dogs you know that humans have bred them to just be structurally unsound, Like near us there's a pug. Okay, I'm sorry. Pugs just shouldn't exist like that. You know, historically they used to have snouts. They did, We've now bred them to be nostrils straight into skull. Like this poor thing, it struggles to breathe. I feel so sorry for it. It jumps up on your lap and it's like and the owner's like, oh, I think Toby likes you. I'm just thinking, yeah, well, if he was a car to be on roadworthyst.
Speaker 2: And let's do one more. I think there might be a naughty word in here. I can't remember from when I pulled it earlier. There might be a naughty word, So if you're offended, punch out now. But otherwise I really like this clip from Nathan Chin. His share was called the Chinese Comedy Party.
Speaker 1: Look, just before I begin, I just want to quickly start off by also acknowledging the traditional owners of the land in which we gather here today, the wandery people of the Cooler Nation, and I pay my respects to their elders, pass and present, but also have to acknowledge the true owners of the land, the Central Equity Chinese property group. Pay my rent to their developers, pass and present. Ah, gotta say both, now you know what I mean, just in case they're listening, because you know, I'm actually quite proud to be an Asian Australian. But it's annoying because when I tell people I'm Aussie, I get the same response that so many people have Colla Gate, and that's a yeah, sure, but where you're really from?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: And I think that's it's a really stupid question to ask me, considering that in about ten years time, this is what the average Australian will look like. Right, Some of you they aren't laughing at that. Ah, that's a joke about the Chinese taking over Australia. Well, you know, maybe you don't think he's a joke, in which case you really should appreciate the freedom to laugh where you still can.
Speaker 2: How a on a plane, it sounds like a lot of fun, And don't forget Today is the last day of voting for this week's round of Comedy Survivor Sebastian manascalgo in Massive trouble.
Speaker 3: If you want him out, join the crew.
Speaker 2: If you want to save him, get some friends and hit the Facebook group Daily Many News podcast group and I'll catch you tomorrow.