Speaker 1: Ripped up new need. That's so you don't have to.
Speaker 2: Come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Everything sound good. I'm here, live and local and back from a oh some days off and I get my ass gets lazier every single time I do it. Perhaps what I ought to do is long weekend here or there or something like that. But by the way, thanks for coming here, Thanks for being here. Today's car day now. Uh, we don't have to talk just cars. We'll talk anything you want as always. That's what we do here on the Troubleshooter Shit. But I want to mention something, and that is you can call many different numbers. First of all, three oh three Martino, three oh three six, two seven, eight four sixty six. You can call that twenty four to seven and you'll get a recording of or out there and we just take a message. But I promise you we checked that all the time. And when are you wearing a snow hat? And when we're on just because I just had it on. It was really cold, and now they take it off. I'm going to look like Dilbert because of my wispy gray hair, so what the hell? Also, I'm trying to channel inner Bono or yeah, Bono Bono Bono Bono is the the other guy from the sixties Bono. I'm not. I'm not trying to channel Sonny how about So anyway, listen, but thanks for noticing Mark. I think it's quite attractive actually, But anyway, James wants to talk about living spaces. But first I just want to mention something. I just find this stranger. I want to get through it, you know, Honest to God, I was thinking of this coming in today. We start out life with no life, right, I mean, before we're born, we're all the same, whatever that is. And then after life we're all the same whatever that is. I mean, you know what I mean. Not some people believe different than again, And what I'm saying is before and after this light bulb we call life is up for controversy all the time. And then the light bulb itself is up for controversy as to what you are or should be, And so we're never without controversy, whether it's pre existence existence or post existence. We're always arguing. And then I realized, you know, this little bubble, this little light bulb of life. I'm thinking there are times we shouldn't do that. And God Almighty, I can't believe the lack of empathy for people and sympathy for people in California. Now, come on, I know a lot of people care, and a lot of people express care. But in general, if you look at social media and stuff, people are just downright bitter against Californians and well.
Speaker 2: The celebrities. I think they're picking on more than anybody though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but all yeah, but also people you elected these feeble oh you know, you elected the people want to save the smelt fish and didn't put together enough water reserves. Or you elected the woman who defunded the or.
Speaker 6: How about are putting the budget by seventeen and a half million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So anyway, I do agree that, you know, everything in life has consequences, but we don't want to see people suffer. No one does. They didn't get their comeuppings. It's wrong, you know. I mean, if you can take Newsome and maybe do a fire just around his house, I mean I might have a different opinion or that moron mare and the DA was was thrown out. I mean, listen, Yeah, you gotta feel for people. I don't care who they are, I gotta.
Speaker 7: Feel for I think people are so upset with the policy that it overrides their sympathy for the individuals.
Speaker 8: What who are suffering? Who are suffering?
Speaker 1: Everything? In life? God, everything has turned to politics. Everything everything, I mean, churches, charitable organizations, news organizations, social media organizations. I mean, but like I said, the three main I call them. Now. Listen, you might think I never even thought of that three stages of existence. But there was something before we were here, there's something now, and there's something after maybe right. That's again, that's all political, and that's all controversial. No one agrees on anything, and I don't think everyone should agree, but we all have to agree we have the same experience, whatever it is, We're all going to have the same experience. If if you think that you may be going to seventy two virgins in a paradise, that doesn't matter. That doesn't mean you will, and it doesn't mean I will. So the point is we're all on the same frickin' ride. I don't get why we seek division. I mean, even if I disagree with someone, I don't get it, and I think my heart breaks through these people. I don't care care. They're a smug ugly movie star who's a mass millions. They earned it. I mean, they didn't go out and rob bangs and they're losing everything. And you can't, you can't, you can't not feel that, right, I mean, And but the vitriol that was expressed or is being expressed in media, I can't believe. I don't think anyone deserves things like this. I mean, look, we all think about things like, you know, Jeffrey Dahmer being killed in prison and different kinds of stuff like that. Right, Okay, that's a different story. We may think who cares? But out here, I mean, you know, everybody is suffered, everybody, and so called Christians are are leading the pack with a you know, it's God's wrath. You know, it's whatever. I don't it just okay, it bothers me. You can make a comment of you want. You don't have to, It's okay. I mean, do you think it.
Speaker 6: Was divine intervention Trump turning his head instead of getting a bullet through his brain?
Speaker 1: No? I don't. I think that might. It doesn't matter what I think. It is what it is, So maybe it was, but I don't think it was. I don't think that God wanted him dead either. I don't think that the devil inspired the guy to do it. I think that right now, in a nutshell, I don't think God acts every single day on every single thing that happens. That's the and there's the reason I believe that. But I don't have to get into it. And again we're not going to agree on it. But I guarantee you my belief is not political. I just don't think it works that way. Otherwise, people hold God accountable for all the quadriplegic kids and different things. And you see somebody healed from some ailing, so that there's a preacher on TV saying, oh, you know, God, you know, relieve this person from my grains, and they walk away saying praise God. Okay, fine, fine, fine, But then then why don't we bring every brank, bring preacher go to children's hospital? You know, forget these rallies go to children's hospital. I don't, so I don't want to get into all that. So I no, I don't think I think we purposely aren't going to see those direct interventions on purpose, so we're not misled. In fact, I believe a lot of those interventions are misleading. So that's my belief. So no, I think it was it was wonderful that he wasn't killed. And do I think God had a direct hand and guided him to do that at the time, I personally don't. But that doesn't mean, you know, But I do believe there's a There are things that happen, and I think things happen for a reason too, But I I don't necessarily see God, a mediacal God up there playing with us like chess pieces. I just don't. I don't see it. But anyway, let's talk about consumer stuff. But really I want you to weigh in on anything you want. You can talk about anything you want, and by the way, you would get the respect of me listening. Do you really believe that God is targeting California? I mean, if you look at California, the place has no Oh my God has been devastated. But I mean not just by this, by other things. And anyway, so let's talk to James. But hold on, let me ask you this.
Speaker 6: Do you think to people in California have finally learned a lesson on who they're voting for.
Speaker 1: They might because a lot of this. By the way, even though I don't love turning everything into politics, I don't want the pain and misery turning into politics, but the devastation and the reason for it, if it is true, you know, I'm only cursory cursory reports. Supposedly that water supply was was not It was not reinforced because it would endanger the smelt fish. Is that true? Is that really really true? I mean I haven't really you know, looked into it enough. But is that true? Mark, have you looked into it?
Speaker 6: Or are you feelings you mean on the water thing you protect the smelt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think yeah? Well yeah, absolutely it's true. If you smelt it, you dealt it. So he basically said, well, you know, he basically made a decision not to reserve more water than he could. Yeah, it was available. But if I think they have a Kelly's really good at this, she knows that area. But I think there's a ton of reservoirs out there that are empty because of that decision.
Speaker 9: Well they're not empty, they're just not being filled because of the protection of the delta smelt and it's the size of your pinky.
Speaker 6: And is it true it's a fish you can't eat top I mean, okay, you can't eat it.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the other thing.
Speaker 10: Is it true in danger?
Speaker 1: Is it true that the mayor of La truly defunded the fire department?
Speaker 10: Yes, seventeen point five million?
Speaker 1: But was it along with defunding a bunch of other stuff or what I don't I mean, was was there context given or was it just targeted on the fire department?
Speaker 9: Well, first of all, yes, there was a massive First of all, they are so in debt in California, they have to have cuts.
Speaker 1: And again that goes back I read where the reason they had to do it was for immigrants.
Speaker 9: And they did it for police, they did it for the fire department. And yes, they had to have a surplus of some sort of income to take care of not only the immigration issue, but also the homeless.
Speaker 1: Now here, that's right, homeless and immigration.
Speaker 6: Well, and and listen, the fire chief reached out I think it was two months ago and wrote her a letter or sent her an email saying, hey, this is not good at all.
Speaker 1: We need all this.
Speaker 6: There's we need more people, more equipment, more everything.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and they did hold on.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 9: The other really bad part of this is that the head so again this goes from the head of departments and not necessarily of feet on the ground.
Speaker 10: Okay, so the head of they did.
Speaker 9: Have a surplus left over from twenty twenty two before they did the twenty twenty three to twenty twenty four budget, and the surplus they had of leftover equipment went to Ukraine and did not get reinforced back into the LA Fire Department.
Speaker 1: All right, So bottom line is we can differentiate the stupidity of Californian house run politically and the suffering of the victims.
Speaker 8: I think, But Tom don't. Then.
Speaker 1: By the way, please I want you to personally pick up the phone to Jane right now. Kelly, tell James I'm going to take him right after the break. Please call Kelly Hello, talk to James right now. I do not want him hanging up. I promise I will talk to him about this. Uh yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Anytime something bad happens, we look for someone to blame. And in this case, your house is burned down, you're angry, you have to blame.
Speaker 8: That's normal.
Speaker 1: And I even saw stupid things like and I don't mean stupid, but they're blaming it on Arson. And one guy claims that video of immigrants starting it, you.
Speaker 6: Know, Oh no, no, Tom. One of the fires, they picked up a guy literally, the cops picked up and they booked him on Arson and a fire started right there at that area, no kidding, And.
Speaker 1: Like anyway, I'm surprised Trump hasn't been named as someone who dropped a match, But apparently that hasn't been thought of yet. Has he been near California. But we'll be uh, we'll be back, and we're going to do a lot of consumer stuff. But really I want you to express yourself. This is terrible devastation. And you know, by the way, just to let you know, if you look on a map of leanings politically, Colorado is way to the left of California, per capita, way to the left. It's just that California's so big they get all the attention. But Jared Poulis and his team that trust me, way way to the left. If that matters to you. We got more coming up. Three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven on three A two five. Getting plenty of texts My goodness. But and that's through both the Google Voice directly seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty and the iHeart short code five seven seven three nine Tom, Let's see you. I thought Mark was covering up your demise and had me in his closet. James, what's going on? James?
Speaker 2: Good morning, sir man.
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 5: I kind of feel guilty after I heard your introduction there at the beginning of your show regarding what's going on in California for the difficulties that I'm.
Speaker 1: Hey, but we all have problems. That doesn't make other problems less important. It's just you know, hey, everything has to be dealt with. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Man, Well this is a pretty simple deal. Okay. I bought some furniture at Living Spaces in Thornton and you know they're nationwide organization and company. But long story short, I bought some I bought three pieces of furniture, one of which, within a year of buying it, the motor on the it's a recliner, and basically it stopped working all of a sudden. I mean it just pushed the button. It doesn't work. So I went ahead and went through their process of how.
Speaker 2: Old is it?
Speaker 1: How old is its?
Speaker 5: Less than a year? Just less than a year old. So I was told that I would have to go to their third party, one acclaim service. So I go to them and put in all the information, take photos, do a video, and they declined it and said no because it's within a year. You got to go back to Living Spaces. So I go back to Living Spaces and basically they said, go ahead and fill out our information and we have a another party that deals with within a year warranty coverage.
Speaker 1: So hold on. So the first year is covered by Living Spaces, correct, and the second year I mean then thereafter it's the warranty people then. Yeah, and who's the manufacturer? Who's the manufacturer?
Speaker 5: A good question. I have no idea. Well, some of them, who did you call furniture is actually has what's that?
Speaker 1: Who did you call? I mean you called the manufacturer who told you.
Speaker 5: Have to Now Living Spaces covers their own products that they sell.
Speaker 1: But okay, I'm sorry, I thought you told me. You called Living Spaces and they said, or you called someone and they said, because it's the first year, Living Spaces has to take care of.
Speaker 8: It, it's a warranty company.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's what I'm asking. Who's the warranty company.
Speaker 5: It's I don't know, it's it's warranty something. It's a third party contract actors for Living Spaces, so they handle and Living Spaces. Basically you can buy into this five year warning.
Speaker 1: And okay, got it. Beyond the first normally, who manufactures the furniture?
Speaker 5: I don't know. Some of their furniture they sell is Living Spaces manufactured?
Speaker 1: And what exactly what exactly is going wrong?
Speaker 5: So here's the deal, pretty simple thing. So I paid for the extra warning.
Speaker 1: But what's going wrong.
Speaker 5: The motor's out, and what's going wrong is is that they now have honored the warning. And I originally paid for delivery on the furniture that I originally received, so they brought it in, set it up. Everything was fine, they did a great job.
Speaker 1: And did the motor just stop working?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it just totally like I really went down there one morning, I sat down, went to recline chair and nothing.
Speaker 1: So now what you got to defect? You're dealing with living spaces and because it's within the first year.
Speaker 5: So where do we stand, Well, here's where we stand. They have now they they've said, yep, we're going to cover it for you, and we're going to replace it because they decided, after all my photos and everything that instead of just replacing the motor, they're going to gohead and replace the old chair, which I'm happy with. Good, here's the thing they're going to actually and they've set up delivery date, yeah for next week. Great, I'm happy with that, but they don't take the old one. So the old one I have to dispose of and I'm told that they well, you can just set it out and pay and have it your curbside bulk service. Well, the city of Thornton charges you sixty five bucks.
Speaker 1: It won't last. Put it out there and say absolutely, do not touch this valuable furniture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't put free, put it for sale, sign on it. Then they'll steal it.
Speaker 5: I totally, I totally agree with you. But the reason why I had it delivered is this stuff heavy. I've got a bad shoulder.
Speaker 1: I get them. It's weird that they make you weird. They make you dispose of it. But that doesn't trouble me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you livery guys will take it and put in your garage or something, though, won't they No, they will watch it. No, they will.
Speaker 1: Well how much how much? Well, I don't know how much is I'll bet your people listening are willing to buy a motor and put it in it probably, I mean, how much was that you? How much was it?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 1: How much was it?
Speaker 5: It's like four hundred and sixty bucks?
Speaker 1: Okay, four fifty? And how much is the motor delivery?
Speaker 12: Charcture?
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't know what the motor cost. I didn't I didn't look because I knew it was probably going to be under warning.
Speaker 1: I don't think the motor's out, by the way, that's my personal opinion. I think it's gonna it's going to be a wire in the switch or something. It's not going to be the motor. Yeah, motors don't go out that soon.
Speaker 5: You may be right, you may be right, but you know, in the big world of things, you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Why don't we put out the word what part of town are you in? Just put it on crapylist under free stuff. Man, I've done that all. Listen, you're gonna get You're going to get someone to take it. Tell them, Tell them from one handy. A free recliner needs a motor, brand new, brand spanking new.
Speaker 7: And like Kevin said, yeah, the the delivery guys will put it wherever you want.
Speaker 8: I guarantee it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I agree, and and yeah I appreciate that. And you know, I just think it's a customer service issue. You know that.
Speaker 1: Of course it is, of course it is. I mean, but you know what, if they truly come through with a replacement, this is the last thing I'd bitch you about, because they could technically under warranty, have you charge for the replace for the Uh, the shipping. I mean really, I think most warranties would charge for shipping. Sometimes they charge for delivery. So I would say, look, it's all going to come out in the end. It's going to be no better or no worse than any other warranty. And it's a pain in the ass. I get it, man, I really do, and I'm not just I'm not just shining you on. I really do get it, and I really would feel the same. But I would also look for a solution rather than trying to get these You know, some people try to change the system and it's not gonna happen. So what you do is you go around it. Let's get somebody to get it. Let's just put it on Craigslist or something. Get rid of the damn thing. Or well.
Speaker 5: I even offered Tom, I actually offered. I said, look, I'll even arrange to put it in my pickup truck and I'll drive it back to the store and unload it there.
Speaker 11: Bro.
Speaker 1: If you're willing to do that, then take it to a dump. If you're willing to put that, tell me why you went to it.
Speaker 5: That's seventy five bucks out pocket.
Speaker 1: Is to bring it to a dump. At seventy five.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well then if you offer free to someone, if you offer it free brand new needs a motor. They're sending me a new one on they're sending me a new chair. They won't take this one. I'm willing to deliver it. You're gonna get all kinds of people who want it, you really are.
Speaker 2: I bet if you offer delivery guys twenty bucks they'll take it.
Speaker 1: But but whatever, what I'm saying is he's willing to put it in his pickup truck, so he doesn't want to be inconvenience. I get it, he's inconvenience.
Speaker 10: Hey, Tom, take three, Let's take three?
Speaker 1: Okay, and uh, what am I going to hear from this lovely person? Okay, go ahead, Hey Tom, I'll pick up that chair for pretty.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty close to him. I can be there in about an hour.
Speaker 1: And are you handy? Can you put a motor in it? Of course I can you. John, I'll bet you it doesn't need a motor. I'll bet you're gonna find a short.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's see James. H James. Uh, this is John and he says he's not far from you. And John, you're not an AX murderer, right x X okay, ex.
Speaker 14: So he's given that up, all right, he's a retired long for it James.
Speaker 1: He's given up AX murdering. So we can and oh, another thing, John, We've got to make sure yep, you're not a Trump supporter. A. I'm just kidding. I'm just I'm just kidding. I don't care what you are. So listen, let's make that connection off the R Kelly please, okay three oh three seven one three A two five five. And that's how it's done. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three O three seven one three talks seven to one three eight two five five. Listen. Something I've learned by looking into this California thing and before when we had the fires here. A lot of people mistake what full replacement value is. They also, I think, mistake what's covered and what's not. I want to go over that with Brian Burns from Compass Insurance Group. We're going to get him on soon. I also want to talk about other things like is it cost prohibitive to do water suppression systems on your own property. I'd like to talk to mister green Jeans. He listens to my show every day. So Kelly make a list here if she can break away from the Mimosa. I want to get Brian Burns on. I also like to get mister green Jeans on. He went through a fire, lost his home and he has a lot of things to say about, you know, different things. So Brian burns him, and then I'd like to get call the waterman on.
Speaker 10: So we got Brian Paul, mister green Jeans.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Copy back to the Mimosa. Back to the Mimosa.
Speaker 10: It's ryful today.
Speaker 7: Brian was on yesterday, Tom he was fantastic. Yeah, he has so much good information.
Speaker 1: But I have some specific stuff here.
Speaker 8: He's a great source.
Speaker 1: Now, so let's talk about Mark. Basically, is there anything pending because I saw here some guy dropped off his vehicle at Kia a Rapo Kia. Yeah, I'm on top of that. I'm waiting for a callback from the service manager. So it wasn't going into fourth gear and bought it. By the way, what was his issue? He says, put tranny in. They put the tranny in. Now he has a problem with first gear after a new tranny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So it turns out the first transmission they sold him was bad. But it looks like they're trying to still charge him for a PCM.
Speaker 1: Okay, is that part of the transmission? Mark? No, Kevin computer that operates it. So what happened was.
Speaker 6: They put in a bad transmission. It was doing basically the same thing, and they told them a PCM, saying it must be the PCM, and then that didn't fix it. Then they re you know, they warranted out that original transmission.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering, what did they really need, still saying it was after replacing the transmission again, then it.
Speaker 2: Worked, but they still want to pay for the TCM. They won't give him the PA is.
Speaker 1: That TCM transmission control module?
Speaker 2: Either way PCM or TCM.
Speaker 1: What would PCM be then power control? Okay, so these control modules to computer chips. Are you saying he may not have needed it correct because they put put in a bad training. So give him the money back and yeah, one way or the other. That's what they were phasological for me. Yeah, now, Kevin, I called you on vacation for my daughter. For my daughter, we want to we're going to have the car towed in and basically, you know, she has a new battery and her key fob stopped working. What's really odd is when we went to pick it up, the car wasn't starting well and intermittent, and they said when it was sitting out waiting for body repair because the parts, now, it was there two months, that's after I prepaid for parts. But what happened was that it was fixed, but then mice or something got to the wire, so they had to replace all that and they put new batteries in the keyfob. So I was surprised when the key fob stopped working. She has a new battery, she has new wiring, and now a new key fob, new batteries, so she went to Batteries Plus and they replaced him and it worked. They still didn't work, believe it or not. Now you said it could have been the main battery. It could have been a number of things, communication module, whatever. But I thought, you know, the chances of that probably, so I said, go back to batteries plus and she said, oh why, And I said, there's probably a chance.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The little pop puck batteries were there a long time. They replaced them again, and everything works and has been working. So what are the light what's the likelihood of those batteries sitting around losing.
Speaker 2: I've never had one that because we replaced them all the time on customers cars. I know, I've never had a bad one, So that one had to have been put in wrong.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe it was upside down easy, maybe it was so then that worked and that now it's working. Cool. So what are the reasons key fobs would lose communication? What are the reasons? Bad battery number one, bad bed, bad battery in the fob number one, And then you do have battery number.
Speaker 2: Two, number two, and you also have a receiver module in the car.
Speaker 1: Does that have a battery or just off the twelve and that module can go bad. Sure for that module.
Speaker 2: Well you check, you know, with a scanner you can see signals coming in or not coming in, receiving from the Do you.
Speaker 1: Have all that crime?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so people, it's really important. These little things. You don't even think about them until you need them.
Speaker 11: Ye.
Speaker 1: Now here's what bothers me. I had a Mercedes where I had the push button start. But if you pull the button out, there was an ignition hole there. Yep, there's no ignition hole in this Sunday.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, so you have if the fob doesn't communicate, you can't start the car.
Speaker 2: You're done.
Speaker 1: Well, you got a mechanical key can bow do you think? What is it? A cost saving measure on each unit?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Mark, do your cars have this? What do you do? Do your cars have this? They don't have any key holes?
Speaker 2: Right? No?
Speaker 1: And then what happens with a Tesla? Well, a Tesla you don't really have a fob. You walk up to it and get in it. Yeah, it looks at your phone or your card the black card I have my son gave me right, Yeah, it's the bluetooth basically, and there's a valet card he gave to you. Oh so, so basically mark, when it goes to your phone, what does it do? It identifies you as an operator and automatically activates.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it knows it's me, and then basically sets the seat, sets the temperature, you know, does whatever I set it up to it.
Speaker 1: So if your phone is dead in your hours, if you're out and about and your phone dies, what happens if I'm out and about. Yeah, I've never thought about it. What happens? Well, that's never happened, So I don't know. Okay, okays, just scaring. Well, we have more coming right up. Three oh three seven to one, three eight, two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 1: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here, I'm going to talk to Paul Doubting and I want you to stay tuned for Brian Burns. We have some important stuff to talk about with insurance. Paul brother Paul is with waterpros dot Net, Paul the Waterman, I call him. He's got a new special this year. And you know, hey, listen, the old special was great, but Paul, let me get this straight. The smart computer water serious? I oh, yeah, right, I did. Did you get mukay? Did you get it? But it's not the first time in forty five years. It is soon Mark. When have I ever said a word by slipped a word ever that you you mean on the air? Yeah, oh of course, yeah, the first time ever on the air. First time. Now, don't make any Biden jokes or I swear I'll come out there. I'll just drive right out there right now, Okay. Twenty four ninety five, Paul, is that for the whole system lockstock En Barrel.
Speaker 12: It's a basic smart computer water softs twenty four to ninety five. And then what we also have, Tom, I just want to share with everybody. I'm doing a lot of research, so the p FOS contamination has been going on for over fifty years. And so it's it's in the it's in the soil that our farmers have it. Yeah, it's it's in the bio solids that comes from the waste treatment plant.
Speaker 15: So what we also did is we have a whole house we call it the.
Speaker 12: H the matrix or the you know, Econopromax that has KDF fifty five activated carbon in resin. So it's not only going to soften the water, is going to get rid of the forever chemicals, get rid of the total chlorine content. And that's only three thousand, six hundred and ninety five.
Speaker 1: Oh, you didn't tell me about that one. That's awesome. So you can get this this base model, which is not so base. It's a beautiful model for everything. But if you want to add the PIFA contamination protection, what is it called?
Speaker 12: So what it is is that we use KIS fifty.
Speaker 1: Five and activated carbon.
Speaker 12: It's two separate filtermdias.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 3: Two new need who you don't have?
Speaker 4: Running just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Reading through some of the text, somebody asked, Tom, if AI is great with a You know, I'm just basically quoting or generalizing. I'm not quoting directly. You know, can't you just ask it for a video and changing or oil or something like that. Why couldn't it produce a video and brakes and oil and replacing parts in the dishwasher? And I said, I agree. So I just asked my boyfriend who I've I used to have a female voice, used to call my girlfriend. Now for some reason, I can't get a female voice but my boyfriend now and it's on the chat and he says, I mean, I asked, can you show me a video how to change the oil in my twenty twenty Hyundai a Lantra and that's my daughter's car. So I just asked, and it says, uh, and I got several videos. I have several and now they didn't produce the video, I don't think, but no, I don't I know it did. It gave me links you click on and every one of them will show you exactly that the video provides up by sub blah blah blah before you begin and sure, blah blah. Then they give you a list of what to do before you begin, and then you click on the videos. So it really does you know? Here, here's what AI does. And I've said this before, AI does. I call it roar results organized and regurgitated roar. That's really what it is.
Speaker 2: It's search, yeah, because the information's there, it's just finding it for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And uh. Anyway, this hour brought to you by Franked around the real Estate man dot com, wonderful man and everything you need in his toolbox to get your home sold or to buy one. Three h three nine two zero sixteen twenty two free market valuations of your home for the asking, Now, do I have Brian burns On? Is he still there? Because I'm sorry I didn't go to him and I need to Is he still there?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: He is, so, Brian Man, I so appreciate you waiting. You there, Brian, No problem?
Speaker 11: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Tom good Man, Compass Insurance Group, the Insurance Help Center dot com or three three nine ninety six nine thousand free insurance checkups. I get good reports about that all the time. But I think something has to be said here. Some people have too much sympathy, some people have no sympathy. But everyone says, don't worry, they have replacement coverage. But here's something that people need to know. Even with replacement coverage, it doesn't cover the lot and the infrastructure, if I'm correct. Tell me what what does total replacement coverage mean? Because a lot of people who had total replacement coverage, and even a pretty good amount of it, you base, they don't ensure your equity. You lost it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, and replacement cost is a tricky phrase, uh, because it could mean different things. Replacement cost could mean that, hey, if something is damaged in my house, let's say or something on my house, they're going to replace it with something new. That's that's the normal term for replacement cost. What I think you're getting at is extended replacement.
Speaker 1: What I'm talking about is total loss coverage. Total.
Speaker 16: Well, yeah, and that's hard to find. There's not many carriers that would offer the way I would rephrase that would be uncapped replacement costs. So that would mean no matter what it would cost to rebuild your house, the insurance company is going to pay. That is very, very difficult to find. We do have a couple of companies that offer it, but it's a shrinking. We used to have a handful that offered it. Now we have a couple left.
Speaker 1: So what do you mean it's hard to find? I mean if I totally lose my house, that's total replacement, right.
Speaker 16: No, Because well it's it's up to the dwelling limit or whatever extended amount you have on your policy. So let's say you have a safe farm policy and all they offer is twenty percent extended replacement costs. So if your dwelling amount is set at forty four hundred thousand dollars, the most are going to pay. If you have twenty percent. Extended replacement cost is twenty percent over that, So four hundred and eighty thousand in that case.
Speaker 1: So let's say say this total loss.
Speaker 16: If it costs seven hundred thousand to rebuild your house, because you know what's going to happen in California is is even way work.
Speaker 1: Can't you get inflation coverage or can't you get price you know, cost of living or anything like that.
Speaker 16: We cost of Yeah, all you all you're getting is on your policy. You have a dwelling limit, whatever that dwelling limit is, and then you have to see what extended replacement costs. That's the amount that the insurance company will go over and beyond your dwelling limit in the case of a total loss. But my point is most of the time that's not near enough.
Speaker 1: Okay, now here's the thing. If you if I had a home that I could clearly sell for a million dollars, I could sell it. Then it burns to the ground.
Speaker 2: I have nothing.
Speaker 1: Now I have my dwelling coverage. Turns out to be top a dollar six hundred thous come, So I rebuild it with six hundred if I can, Maybe I can whatever if I eat into that to try to build it. I mean, I just have to go into debt, but it's very possible. And in most of the time, your equity's gone, isn't that true?
Speaker 16: Yeah, So you're saying, whatever value you had in there.
Speaker 1: It's always above it's your your your value always exceeds your actual dwelling cost always.
Speaker 16: Yeah, because all your if you think about, especially when you're in an area where there is a you know, a wildfire risk, most of the time it's you know you're there because of the the the you know, trees and the.
Speaker 1: Even regardless of that, even without the trees and all that, the act. What I'm saying is is people are not going to pay you the same. You're going to lose money because the value that that you had prior to the fire is going to be eaten up in extra cost. You're never going to build ever that house for your replacement cost.
Speaker 16: Well, and that's why I'm telling you that what we try to do, I try to always get extended replacement costs, because you're right, the cost of rebuilding that house is owing to more than what your dwelling limit is, especially in the case where there's so many homes lost over Now.
Speaker 1: If one is if one is lost in my if I'm the one in the neighborhood, that's totally different than in the neighborhood. Why that's right.
Speaker 16: Why Well, because as we saw in Boulder, the cost of construction skyrocketed. It was no longer this one off home. It was a shortage of supplies. It was contractors, you know, taking advantage in my opinion at times.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 16: And so you had this influx of need and so that demand is so great that then the cost for everybody go way up. And so that's that's what was happening here and it's gonna be that on steroids in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now here's the thing, the the the the equity on top of the building costs and all that is devastating, not to get back. But what about like like like Maui. Okay, now in Maui, that whole village was gone and basically people are under each Now for example, there were people that covered had coverage and not just now, but anywhere. Let's just say this, Let's say their dwelling costs and all that maybe should have been higher if they were underinsured. Can they be popped with total loss with a co insurance penalty. And for those listening, all that means is this, if you were under insured, let's just say bye. People think they're beating the system. Let me explain this. Let's say your house is six hundred thousand and you say to yourself, well, when am I going to have a six hundred thousand dollars claim. Never, I'm only going to have a roof claim that's maybe seventy thousand. I might have this claim or that claim. I'm never going to have a six hundred thousand dollars claim, and so they ensure for four hundred thousand, and insurance companies can come and to make numbers easier. Let's say it six hundred should be and you have three hundred and coverage. Let's just say that you get away with it, or you have an old policy, and that's fifty percent of what it should be covered for, So you're paying less premium than you should be paying. So if you had a total loss, couldn't they theoretically say that you're only getting fifty percent of the coverage.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's theoretically, but that's really not an issue for personal lines insurance for residential because insurance companies at least all the you know, the majority of ones out there, all your admitted carriers have what's called a replacement cost estimate that is run by the agent for that insurance company, and you cannot write the insurance. You can't put a dwelling limit less than what they come up with as the appropriate replacement cost. You can, so you can't. Insurance companies want what about?
Speaker 1: What about if that replacement cost creeps up? When do they come back and say you need more coverage?
Speaker 16: So the way that they'll get you there is there is an inflationary amount every year that most insurance companies will raise your dwelling limit just to try to keep up with inflation. But where they get you where this could come into play is if you have a dwelling limit. Let's go back to your example of six hundred thousand, and you really truly have it at six hundred thousand, and the next year you finish your whole basement which wasn't finished before, and you don't inform the insurance company. Well when they go out there and they're like, hold on, the whole basement was finished. We didn't have this on record. The replacement costs would have been much higher. At that point, they can they can penalize you if you're not reporting to the insurance company the appropriate amount of work that you're doing throughout the prop of the year or you know, through the years.
Speaker 1: Okay, Brian, that short.
Speaker 16: Rate penalty Tom, Sorry, just one last thing. The reason I said not really applicable for residential It is absolutely applicable for commercial insurance. So if you have because they don't have replacement costs ASTI there. So if you choose to ensure your building, your commercial building, for less than whatever that co insurance clause is, then you will get short. You will get shorted on your on your payout.
Speaker 1: Thank you Brian for everything. Appreciate it. Uh that's three oh three nine ninety six nine thousand. Get your insurance check up. I'm gonna go back to the phones in a minute. Here I want to tell you eight eight eight heating dot com has extreme clean forty five bucks, honest people for replacements and the best prices for high efficiency units and they're willing to show you. Okay, three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martine. You are troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven on three two five five Genesis tootalexteriors dot com. Someone asked me to please give out that number again. I'm sorry I don't give it out enough, but I thought I did. They're just great people, and I bragged on them on everything they do around the house. Three all three six seven nine eight five zero nine. So I want to continue here on the phones. I got my deputies with me today, got uh uh we got shared and Ultotech Kevin Caulkin, Uncle Kevin, so Jesse, what's going on with this uh propane company? I'm sorry for your weight there wait wait wait, you called back, but I knew you were holding earlier. What's going on, Jesse?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 13: Well, uh, they're trying to get five thousand plus dollars out of me.
Speaker 1: Well why, I don't know.
Speaker 13: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about this. When did you start propane service with R.
Speaker 13: Okay? I live in Puble West and I have pro pain, okay. And I had this company called uh it's a local company.
Speaker 14: Anyway, okay, and and got service from everything.
Speaker 13: Everything was going fine. And then this company called America Gas bought it, and everything was going fine. And then all of a sudden, I owed five thousand and one and ninety two dollars and thirty eight cents. And then I guess, okay.
Speaker 1: Now okay, Jesse, Jesse, Jesse. I don't want this to be too much. I want to do one thing at a time. Though, So when you said all of a sudden, so with the old company, let's call it the local gas company, you're paying monthly, yes, and you never had a balance build up you you used to pay everything due, yes, okay. And then when America when did Ameergas take over? Do you know?
Speaker 13: Probably no, not exactly, but it was in twenty I don't know if it's in twenty.
Speaker 1: Three, okay, whatever, it just recently. So here's now, here's what I need to know. Here's what I need to know. So Ameergas took over? And then did they continue sending you monthly bills?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: And you continue to pay them and I can yes. Then my obvious question is this what is that balance from?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 17: That's why.
Speaker 13: That's why I said I don't. Oh what, butcause what.
Speaker 1: Are your normal monthly bills?
Speaker 13: I don't I don't even know what it was for?
Speaker 1: No, I get it. What are your hold on? What are your normal monthly bills?
Speaker 13: Right now? I'll have to get my other I changed companies.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I changed this America Gas. When did you go away from America Gas?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 13: February the seventh and twenty four?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you didn't like him anymore?
Speaker 13: No, because they were charging me five thousand dollars for something?
Speaker 1: Okay, Ali Jesse? When you when listen when you changed? What did you change to? In February?
Speaker 13: I changed to what's called blue Flame?
Speaker 1: Okay? And are they a local company?
Speaker 13: Company?
Speaker 5: Local?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 13: The America Gas was no longer op local?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand. So you changed a blue Flame in February twenty twenty four. But now they're pursuing you. The old company is pursuing you for five grands.
Speaker 13: Oh they've been for They've been pursuing me ever since, even when I with swiped them right before.
Speaker 1: But they never told you they this is odd. They never told you what it was for.
Speaker 13: Well, I've got I've got two final bills here when I switched.
Speaker 1: And what's your final bill? What's your final bill?
Speaker 13: Seven thousand, two hundred and fifty eight dollars and seventy.
Speaker 1: Two cents, seven thousand plus, And they they don't give an explanation. Was part of it for a tank that you had to buy? Well?
Speaker 13: See, this is the strange part. This is I have two sheets here that says final bills, and one says it's five thousand, fifty six dollars and seventeen cents and the other one says seven thousand to it?
Speaker 1: And can you can you send those bills to us?
Speaker 13: Sure, I'll have to make copies.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you this. Do you have a phone that you could take a picture of it?
Speaker 13: I have a phone and I have a picture, But I will tell you that I'm not very good at this stuff. I'm pretty old.
Speaker 1: How old are you?
Speaker 13: Eighty nine?
Speaker 1: You should be off the phone and in bed in a bedpan. Get the hell off the phone, Jesse.
Speaker 13: You to do that, but I can't because I got the stump.
Speaker 1: But Jesse, let's take care of this shirl. I'll this deputy doc. He wants to work with it. Hey, listen, it's pretty simple. He wants he wants to pars through what the hell this is all about for you. So you're gonna.
Speaker 13: Don't have what's that here? To find out why I was charged so much.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna find all that out for you. Don't let it worry. Okay, we'll take care of it.
Speaker 8: Jesse.
Speaker 1: When's your net on your next birthday?
Speaker 13: I'll go to look twentieth this year.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're gonna be ninety ninety. Wow, Well, God love you as my mom was. Yeah, So listen.
Speaker 13: Jesse, this is something I just don't want to deal with. But it doesn't matter how old you are when somebody wants to get money from.
Speaker 1: You, it doesn't matter at all. The only reason I asked, I just asked out of curiosity when you said you're not very good at this stuff. So you sound like you're on top of it. Actually, you sound like you're on top of it. So hey, listen, Jesse. In the event we need to talk to you again, just or what she's gonna watch mc kelly, Kelly, Katira, Katina Calori. She's gonna get some information from you for DOC, and Doc will be in touch with you.
Speaker 13: Okay, okay, So I need to take pictures of the No right now, don't right now, don't do anything to do right now.
Speaker 1: You don't have to do it anything. Just wait for Doc to call you.
Speaker 13: Her name is Doc.
Speaker 1: His name is Doc. It's Doc DC. He's a retired doctor. Oh Doc, he's a retired doctor. He's in his late seventies. And do not go out on a date with him at all. Don't ever, don't ever do that, no matter how hard he please. All right, Jesse, Hang on a right, hang on deer three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martine. You are troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So listen. Uh, let's let's go to the phones here. We don't have anybody for the first time today. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So Mark's got to leave a little early, so I'm going to interview him Mark. Bottom line, Yes, but do you ever worry about this out and you're out in the woods about favellium? Man? Of course, what do you do to mitigate?
Speaker 6: Well, everything I think's like fifteen or twenty feet away from the house.
Speaker 1: We deal with the pine needles every year. Uh they're the biggest thing to me.
Speaker 6: But I mean we've we we live in what seventy five to one hundred foot trees all around the house. I mean you've been out here, and we're in the black forest. We're just kind of at the very end of it. So you always worry about it.
Speaker 1: You know, seventy five, you've got.
Speaker 6: Great, We've got two fire house is I mean right near us, like literally right near us. Did you see that house in your old neighborhood in frank Town burn today or yesterday?
Speaker 1: In my subdivision that I developed, Yeah, I know, right down the road from where you live. One of the lots I sold to those people. I think I know who they are. I listen. I wouldn't want any one of them to suffer. This is terrible. I don't know what happened there. It was for sale those I think it was fair.
Speaker 6: I think it was just contained to that only. I think it started in the house, So I don't know if it was vacant or not, or how that works. They did they in California, They really did arrest some guy with a blowtorch. Man like five neighbors saw this cat walking around with a blow torch trying to light shrubs and stuff up, and they kind of called the cops and they kept him there and he got arrested for arson.
Speaker 1: Man. But if that was where it started and then the window. This happened like yesterday in an area that I know. It was near a trailhead or a park or something, but it wasn't around all the fires kind of in that area. Oh so he wanted to just add to the calamity.
Speaker 6: That's right, that's right. But how do we know he didn't start it? I mean, it's really crazy to think. You know, you think of a terrorist attack, you think of nine to eleven. No one ever thought of that. Imagine if these these monsters came over here and that's their new way of doing business. Man, that's scary as hell.
Speaker 1: It sure as hell is, sure as hell is.
Speaker 6: So here's the other thing you missed while you were gone. Uh, one of our good one of the good people we both know, ended up flying out to UCLA Reagan Hospital out there, and it was so overpacked.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: They had an appointment with the doctors and everything. They love the doctors. So I want to get that out there right now. They flew out to see a specialtist and specialist for a.
Speaker 1: Mark I believe.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't want to get into that because some people know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: It's not fair.
Speaker 6: So they flew out to see a special tiss for a pretty serious thing. And it's the number five hospital in the country. Think about that, number five in the country. And this is before the fire's tom one hundred and thirty percent capacity. They ended up four days sleeping in the hallway. The husband ended up getting up.
Speaker 1: One night to use the bathroom. Walks into the bathroom in the middle of the night. No private bathroom, it's just in the hallway. There's a homeless.
Speaker 6: Guy buck naked in the middle of the bathroom doing his business right there. I mean, that's the kindest way to say it. On in this floor, right there on the floor. Now, it was absolutely crazy.
Speaker 11: There was no.
Speaker 6: Shower mark what you can say defecating. Yeah, that's what I said last time. But here's the deal man. It was so crazy. Now, people go, why didn't they go to a hotel or something? Because they got out there, they did a procedure. During the procedure, she ended up getting what do you call I forget what the bug is called, but basically they wouldn't let her leave the hospital.
Speaker 1: Well there's staff infection, usually from a hospital. But yeah, so she.
Speaker 6: Got an infection of some sort I forget which one. So that's why they couldn't go back to the hotel. They were stuck in the hospital, stuck in a hallway in the fifth best hospital. But that's California for you, and that's free fires man.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, listen, what what about him is? He is? Never mind? I want you to text me please, because now you have me curious. Okay, so text me on that. Yeah. Thanks. So so basically hospitals are overwhelmed. Do you do you realize how crowded it is? I don't know why. I mean, is it that people are living longer there?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, No, what it's not. It's because the immigration and homelessness. That's where they go.
Speaker 7: I guess, I guess, And they can't be turned away. Tom, that's the that's the problem.
Speaker 1: That's literally what it's from.
Speaker 17: There.
Speaker 1: There's no I guess that is literally where it's from. Yeah, they have I know that. I've recently heard somebody had to wait for a private room. They they couldn't even get And I say wait for private people say why a private room? I mean most people have private rooms. Even the semi private rooms were all filled and.
Speaker 6: They couldn't They didn't take a shower for four days because there was no place available. On the fourth night they were able to take a shower. And what happened on the fourth night is even crazier. They took one of the ers and they partitioned it off with shower curtains basically and made it into a room for whatever eight people. And then that was the last thing they had, so they moved them from the hallway into there.
Speaker 1: That's pretty sad, I mean it really he is. But I mean, what do we do with immigrants that want to come to the country. What do we do? I mean, people, it's amazing how you know, how the mayor of Denver says, you know, he's gonna be on the outskirts of Denver to ward them off, and how the governor of California will defy them, and police is going to defy them. And so what are they basically saying. And I really mean this, I don't want to just sluff them off of some nut. But are they saying, come one, come all? I mean, because it's not it's not gonna do them any good.
Speaker 6: I mean, they thought they'd get the votes, but I mean, it's pretty obvious that if we don't have the facilities to help.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna help people by doing it. It's just not gonna help.
Speaker 7: They're just moving the moving cash around from one account to another so they can pay for the for the care and feeding of the illegal immigrants and the homeless.
Speaker 6: I think California actually gave the illegals some form a healthcare you know what Denver might have as well.
Speaker 1: I think they did well. It's it's it's amazing to me that common sense can prevail.
Speaker 6: And did you see that our Medicare budget in Colorado is like thirty or forty percent of the entire budget, and they've got to get rid of a billion dollars coming up like right now, I think within the next month or so. They got to cut a billion and they're trying to figure out where to cut it. So you have schools after you go schools K through twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike, nine year ago with us right now, Mike, okay, go ahead, Mark, there's nothing left. Go ahead, Mike.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Tom, This is nothing new.
Speaker 15: This has been going on in LA for quite a while. In south central LA they closed eight hospitals for underperformance, and so now you have La City and La County part apartment paramedics standing in the hallways for eight to twelve hours because there are no beds in the er because of the volume, and they can't get their PRAM back, so they're out of service for that time period. It's triage great, exactly, it's a matter of sorting and if you're more serious than the next guy, you get seen first.
Speaker 7: Well, that makes sense. It's always been a medical priority.
Speaker 1: Now that has nothing to do do you go ahead.
Speaker 7: Has nothing to do with who comes in. It's just the amount of people that are coming in. But of course you always take the sad house come in. Yeah, but it's always you take the serious cases first, right.
Speaker 15: But people have the misconception that if they call it an ambulance, they're going to get priority, and that is not the case.
Speaker 7: Right because it's it's it's what they're suffering from when they get to the exactly.
Speaker 15: But the point is in the calling an ambulance a bus because they are merely there for the transportation.
Speaker 8: To the hospital.
Speaker 11: Now ye drive themselves.
Speaker 1: I'm getting some texts here that are quite angry. Well, you keep saying immigrants, please say illegal immigrants. I'm an immigrant. I funded my own way. My family said illegal immigrants.
Speaker 8: Always we always talk about now.
Speaker 1: Now, by the way, absolutely, now, what about the word illegal? People not understand. They like to say undocumented. My heart goes out saying unhoused. My No, what I mean is my heart goes out to people who are looking for unless. But a lot of people say it's just a sham. They're looking for a political asylum. But you know, if you are in a country where where it's you have an oppressive government and you're truly looking for safety for you and your family, there's a process, and there's temporary asylum. And I help some immigrants get legal asylum legal I did. I took them to court. I actually helped them get legal Assiglum. I'm not bragging it, but I'm just saying they're here legally, they have papers, it's asylum. They had to prove their case. But I don't know if it can be used as just an excuse. I don't know.
Speaker 7: But Tom, there's the first Safe Harbor law, which says that when you seek political asylum, the first country you go to that is safe and provides you asylum is where you're supposed to stay.
Speaker 1: And Mexico or Canada and the.
Speaker 7: Mexican government has not been enforcing that because according to international law they should. They should remain in Mexico.
Speaker 6: It's not gonna matter shortly, because that's going to be our fifty second state after Canada.
Speaker 8: No Greenland is going to be on that fifty second state.
Speaker 6: You're right, Mexico will be the fifty third. And by the way, it's gone off of America now right.
Speaker 1: Anyway, somebody talked about I don't know, I wasn't in on this call, although this text just came in. Were you talking about motor oil? And somebody said fifty to ninety for oh you get a rape bro okay on Amazon? Anyway, Yeah, we do have to take a break. I don't even recall talking about oil. But we'll come right back. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a.
Speaker 14: Cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 3: Two ripped up.
Speaker 4: News needs who you don't have, come running just as nast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 1: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five out of the regular calling number for the studio and three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. You can call twenty four to seven and when you leave a message, we will get back to you. By the way, this hour brought to you by one Clear Choice Garage Doors. These guys are just wonderful. You need a quick call for a quick item, you call them. The prices are fully disclosed, everything up front, everything on the website. If you need a general overall inspection you're moving into a home, they do those. If you need a quick an emergency service, twenty four to seven available and they're honest, good people that tell you everything up front, including pricing. You know seven two zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven. One clear choice Doors dot Com. I've never been associated for longer with a better company ever, and that's one clear choice Doores dot Com. Now let's continue the festivities, So give us some calls. We've had some pretty good calls today, but We're gonna move on to some text because I've been overwhelmed with texts. But I'm gonna try to get to them now that we have some time. Kevin first and foremost, somebody wants to know what they should do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Mark had to leave right all right, good, I got it. No, I got about ten minutes. Okay, because I know you used to do tires, Mark, people want to know what they should they do. They don't know if and when to put snow tires on. So here are a lot of the general I'm gonna sum up these three or four I got, and some of them were while I was on vacation. Should you do it at the side of snow and then take them off really when it doesn't snow, or should you just get all weathers or should you just put the snows on and know that you're going to not use them most of the time and they're gonna wear quicker, Or what should you do.
Speaker 2: Hey, depends on tarling how you drive. Do you go up to the mountains every weekend? I mean, then you want something? I mean what?
Speaker 1: Just okay, okay, yeah, obviously if you're a skier you want them on all the time.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I mean do people around town ever put them on and then weeks in between take them off or not? I do a big time every year. You did? No between weeks and the time, though, Mark every single year?
Speaker 2: Mark?
Speaker 1: Tell me what you mean by that. I think you misunderstood me. Go ahead, well, I take on. Let's put it this way.
Speaker 6: I put my snow tires on generally in December, and then I'll keep them on till basically the beginning of March, and then Discount Tires got a free tire changeover if you bought them there, or a very inexpensive one on only certain days. So I'll take advantage of that of getting my summer tires back on. But I always run snow tires on at least one vehicle.
Speaker 1: Now, what we were asking is, do you ever ever, ever, during long periods of time take them off because you want to preserve them. It's not cost effect, not cost effect. No, unless you own a shop. How much? How how much fasters do all weather tires wear than regular time to have half the life? What? Yes, I'd say even last we ch snow tires and all weather have the same amount of life. No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: All weather is is your standard fifty sixty thousand mile tire, and snow tire is probably twenty thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah times, and then regular tires fifty sixty because it's well. Then all weather does not have lesser life than a regular time No, absolutely not. Okay, So I.
Speaker 6: Don't even know what you mean by what what do you think he means, Kevin I regular tire?
Speaker 2: There is no regular tires anymore. They're all all season. They really are, yeah, most of it.
Speaker 1: So when I buy a car, they're really all seasons.
Speaker 2: Have mudd and stack.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's nothing really okay, Maybe I'm come on though, I'll bet his Models doesn't. I'll bet his Models doesn't have all there's.
Speaker 2: Some speed rated tires that are not all seasoned.
Speaker 1: My modelsque is definitely all season. By the way, Mark, I was told for my son's car and we had to replace them, that there are special EV tires.
Speaker 2: They're heavier.
Speaker 1: Now, why because they break me so much.
Speaker 2: The torque you're constantly the torque is constantly.
Speaker 1: Have you had to replace your tires Mark? I just did this year. I got really lucky, man.
Speaker 6: I got thirty four thousand miles out of them, but I went ohem, I would not allow them to sell me anything else. They had to special order them same exact tires because thirty four thousand miles on that vehicle is absolutely in saying it never happens.
Speaker 1: But the tires were almost two grand.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, that BMW SUV you got. Those aren't cheap, bro, No, No, unfortunately they're not. I bet you're at least five hundred to tire. Oh for absolutely absolutely, And then then God help you if you ever scuff up a rim and have to buy a wrist shut up.
Speaker 1: God, oh my, I'm gonna get every weakness he has and I'm gonna exploit it next week. Everyone, Hey, a deputy doc. Uh wait, somebody wants to know about blood testing because they they know I got my blood test a lot, and so I got a lab court for the draw or to the office that uses a lab core tech. But lab court are they the actual lab? Do they actually or does the doctor use it different? Could one doctor have lab corse send them off somewhere else.
Speaker 8: No, because they don't know the process.
Speaker 1: The core is want and done. You get to draw, they do the test, they send the results. Correct, Okay, now.
Speaker 7: Do they And it's usually there's just you know, two or three of them that are covered by your insurance. So if you go to someplace that's independent. Let's say you went to.
Speaker 1: Your conciergeier like you're doing it for testosterone or hormone replacement stuff, you have to pay it yourself, right, And I do know that lab core has pricing for paying yourself which is lower than they charge insurance.
Speaker 8: Of course it's always that way.
Speaker 1: So in any case, Uh, the bottom line is lab Core. But can someone walk into lab core and get blood drawn or do you need a doctor's note? I don't know. I don't know either. I know that any lab what do they call any lab test now or something? You can go and do whatever you want. But I don't know about lab Core. But that's to answer you. The one who was texting me lab Core is the one that does it. But and is yeah, lab Corp. And I think you need I think you need a.
Speaker 6: Doctor on that on that same well, on that same theme kind of Suzanne and I are going in to get one of those scans. You've had it done, I don't know, a couple of years ago where they scanned for plaque. Yeah, and I want to know your true experience. And I don't mean on the scan itself. I'm starting to think these people just try to sell you stuff. So you go in, you get the one hundred and fifty whatever it is, scan. Then they come back to you and they're like, oh, by the way, we've got these vitamins. I mean, how does that work?
Speaker 1: Okay, the pure places just through the scan, Okay, but when when Grossman Clinic did it, and and others that are really reputable, good people. Yeah, they want you as a client for sure, and they have they offer programs. Some believe in keelation therapy, which is really high you can do kelations. Some people don't believe in that then, or they they may offer statin, or they may offer what the hell is the repath? What's the really strong one? You take it a shot every thirty days. I think it's called REPATHA what But but in some clinics like Boone hearth heart. I think it's boone. Yeah, he might offer that, and then what they do is they offer something to get you on track, and then what they do is then get a maintenance program going. So they the booneheart is they absolutely want to make you a client.
Speaker 6: So it's a I mean, it really is a grab. But do you think it's honest? In other words, Yeah, these treatments, they don't they don't.
Speaker 1: Give you false reports to get you in. They're absolutely not.
Speaker 6: So if I took if I took the scan for example, that I get, I'm not even sure why.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what they're gonna match. They're going to match the grading and scale of someone else if they do it well.
Speaker 6: Now they're readings like are they going to give me something I can give to my physician? Yes, my medical doctor, and say what do you make of this?
Speaker 1: Yes, Now a lot of medical doctors don't know about this and don't care about it. Now. Here's what they say, whatever is in your carotid artery mimics what's in your body. That's sometimes true and sometimes not. But what it can do more so than what's in your body. If you have increased plaque in the carotid specifically, it does affect your brain, which affects everything. So that's why it's even more important than having plaque in your leg or your heart or somewhere else, although that's all important.
Speaker 8: Also a correlation.
Speaker 7: I mean, if you have significant plaque in your curate, and not only is it going to affect your brain, but it's a good indication that you might want to talk about therapy to get rid of plaque.
Speaker 1: Now in your diet and other things. Yeah, for sure. Now some plaque is unstable, and they can see that some plaque is stable. Some plaque is hard or soft.
Speaker 6: And if it's when we talk about this form of plaque, we're talking about this scan that we're going to get. I was also told that has nothing to do and maybe one of the two of you know you were duck, but you know you think of Allheimer's. They say that's due to a buildup of plaque in the brain. They told us at this place we're going to, that's a totally different kind of plaque.
Speaker 1: That's what that's right. This is the carotid plaque. Look at it like gucking up the plumbing. Okay, here's the fear with too much plaque in your karated The fear is lack of uh, lack of blood to the brain. Okay, the fear is stroke, the fear is cognitive abilities might be all the stroke part. Explain this to me. So if a big piece breaks off, no, nothing has to break off. You just have to have enough of a squeeze on the kartid and enough pressure on the outside of you, meaning stress or exercise or whatever they so the blood flow stops. It doesn't, Yeah, it slops, It stops or slows down, and then it causes a problem. Yeah. But but here's the deal. Almost all karated conditions can be can be treated, and they can be treated aggressively with surgery. If they're dangerous, they can be an instint even uh it can be treated with medication. And it's all. It's controversial though, because what you want to do is get to the root of it, not necessarily that the plaque itself. And obviously if the plaque itself is dangerously squeezing or caroated, you need to do something about that mechanical. When you say the root of it, you mean what's creating the that's right, that's right, And the part of what would create plaque. Well, what creates plaque is deposits of cholesterol. But I want to I want to make and inflammate. Well yeah, first inflammation. Okay, the answer to everything, to everything, every disease is inflammation. So so what that means is your diet or exercise program or lifestyle causes inflammation. When inflammation is caused in the artery or the vein, what happens is cholesterol rushes to the site as a healing agent. It's a healing agent to soothe it over and to make it not inflamed. So to as I've said this before, to stop the cholesterol is like shooting firemen on the way to the fire. You're still going to have a fire, and shooting the fireman might give you the illusion there is no emergency, but there is. So it's really asked backwards to just do a stat in to lower cholesterol and think you're better now. People will say, well, there's not enough cholesterol to coat your your veins, it won't deposit there. Well yeah, but the reason it wants to deposit there is because if inflammation, So what you have to address is the inflammation, and then cholesterol is not a factor. Cholesterol just sits there. It doesn't do anything until it's needed, and people make the mistake of thinking it's the enemy. If you lower your cholesterol, the chances of mortality go up, not down. This higher mortality is associated with lower cholesterol in the Seven Continent study and in every major study known to man. So what you want is you want to have cholesterol. What you don't want is inflammation, which says to the cholesterol, come on over here in park, I need you and then now. So then why do statins work? Because they do sometimes. But here's why statins work. Satins have an anti inflammatory property and they also can reduce plaque. That is, they can reduce old plaque. But it's not by lowering your cholesterol that it helps. It helps mostly by going after the old plaque, and it also helps by reducing inflammation. The problem is it's better to reduce inflammation the right way through diet and exercise and even possibly anti inflammatories that are healthy so or an anti inflammatory diet or supplements. So the whole thing comes down to inflammation, not cholesterol. But if you have a build up a plaque in the karateid, it can be a problem and you should treat it. Again, that's going to be up to your healthcare provider. But as far as plaque being mimicked in the rest of your body, I had my entire body scam like that after my karate and it was not in every part of my body like the karate had said. So you didn't have to get a stan or anything like crazy. Oh no, no, no, I just had to I do minor stat for it. But here's the deal. You really need to shop because some doctors are on an automatic statin. They sell them period, no matter what, and they don't they don't know anything about exercise. They don't know anything about diet. Like I told you this one famous quote from a doctor when he said, I'm gonna put you on a statin and I'm going to do this, and I'm going to do that. And I said, hey, I like to control that with diet and exercise. And they said to me, oh, you're into alternative medicine. Now, now think about how funny that is. This doctor's office had the opinion that diet and exercise is alternative to medications and treatment. It's the other way.
Speaker 2: It's that is the alternative to taking a hand.
Speaker 1: But it's not. It's not alternate met all. You're into all alternative medicine. Well, yeah, I guess I am if you're If you're the regular one, I sure am. But anyway, we got more coming up. I'm Tom Martine. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five All right, that was funny? What was funny?
Speaker 6: I started because I thought you were gone, because YouTube's got like a twenty second to lay.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry. So I'm like, he's not in the studio. Oh my, got it. It wouldn't be bad things. So we have two simultaneous shows going on and then you tune into each one. Wouldn't that be weird? Anyway? There is a fifty to fifty a fifty ninety for a motor oil on Amazon. I have no idea why I'm being faxed or text this, but anyway, Tom, you sound like a bleeding heart liberal fool. California. Start getting exactly what they voted for.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: I didn't say, look, I want to get intil they deserve anything or all I said was I have sympathy for people. Hey, you lost text verbatim? Would you do you sound like a liberal fool?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's all he said. Really, you sound like a liberpool California. Start getting exactly what they voted for. Wow, that's a You're definitely not a liberal fool. If anything, you're the opposite. You alive. I thought Mark was covering up your demise. I read that before. How about see what else? Okay, that's it on that one. Then I would go to my Google voice. Did you get out out of that basement? Yeah? Yeah, you thought you had all the exits blocked, but I found one. I found one because of Nico. He showed me the ins and outs. Anyway, So three O three seven one three a two five five. Okay, regarding cars and snow tires, someone said that they have found in Colorado all weather is the only.
Speaker 2: Way to go.
Speaker 1: That it's a it's a fool's errand to try to keep up with when to put on snows and when not to.
Speaker 6: And so me man, my deductible on my vehicles if I cause an accident is one thousand bucks. I can put snow tires on my Santa Fe for a few bucks more than that, and the stopping power is ten times out of an all.
Speaker 2: And they are safer on ice the all season you get away within the snow the ice you cannot without a good snow tire there.
Speaker 1: So there is a difference absolutely. Now what about people want to know about these eighteen inch wheels that people are getting and all that or the twenty whatever they are over. Does that make it the lower profile make it better or worse?
Speaker 2: It depends on the tread, not the not the profile.
Speaker 1: The profile matter. No, okay, does the profile matter for comfort?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, you get too low profile. It's like a wagon wheel.
Speaker 1: Why do they do it for looks?
Speaker 2: Looks? Period? That's stupid and some performance so it can take turns it can take turns tighter because you don't have the role of the sidewall. It's it's stiff.
Speaker 1: Oh I get it. Yeah, more stable. Okay, So personally, if you want the best of all worlds all weather, I know Mark saying snows are more aggressive than they are, say all weather a medium. Do you get to choose the sidewall or is that chosen by the manufacturer and you have to stick with it?
Speaker 2: That's chos by the profile. I mean there's nothing you can do that. Well, certain tires, truck tires. You can get thicker sidewalls, but past your vehicle.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not thick. I mean that I'm talking about that.
Speaker 2: That's the profile the tire. That's the size of the tires.
Speaker 1: I mean how call it is off the rim? Yes, okay, So you don't get to choose that.
Speaker 2: Limited because there's only certain fit. It only fits certain vehicles. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on the wheelwells.
Speaker 2: Do you look at your doors, I'm gonna give you the size tire that they recommend, Like, do they give you a range? Sometimes, but not a huge.
Speaker 6: A lot of people won't put anything on that's not in the range he's talking about.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, he may not have clearance for it. You get too too tall, a tire may not be able to turn. So hey, Tom, a lot of people don't know this. I'll use an old school size two thirty five seventy five fifteen. That means, going across the top of the tire, the tread zone is two hundred and thirty five what is.
Speaker 1: It, millime milimeters?
Speaker 6: And then the sidewall is seventy five percent of two hundred and thirty five okay, And then that's the only real measurement you have.
Speaker 2: And then the wheel, the size of the wheel, you pro the hole the hole, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So most wheel sizes it doesn't matter. I mean, in other words, the wheel size doesn't have anything to do with traction, no, okay. And it's all looks and cosmetics at that point, yep.
Speaker 2: And there's some performance, you know, mileage, power, torque, everything comes into play with you.
Speaker 1: But as far as the all the all wheel transmissions, the or the yeah yeah that you have to have, you can't go with different sized wheels. I mean you have to have pretty much everything very.
Speaker 2: Very similar size. Yes, even if you don't rotate them. You can put it to us it's where half three cords of man's difference front and rear and you can start burning up clutches and transmissions.
Speaker 1: How often do you rotate on those?
Speaker 2: You should rotate at least twice a year in every four or five thousand miles.
Speaker 1: All right, someone here wants to talk about insurance. Hey, real quick, Kevin.
Speaker 6: I mean, are people still doing like coolant flushes? I mean, should people come in right now and get that done or at least get it tested? Or is this new coolant they use the newer cars like from twenty twenty on?
Speaker 1: Do you ever have to don't don't believe that.
Speaker 2: No, they say that, but I you know, even if you do it every other year, you know, you should only really have to do a drain in phill. You know, if you're keeping up on it every couple of years, you don't have to go the whole flush and all the chemicals and all the nonsense. You know, just keep a good fluid in there. It's good, you know, Like oils have high detergents, the anti freeze has an addive pack. Is they all wear out over time? They have to be.
Speaker 1: What's the draining phil costs?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: These days?
Speaker 2: Two three hundred, probably closer to two. Yeah, yeah, got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I have a twoenty sixteen VW Jetta. I had a misfire code on cylinder three and four now replaced spark plugs and getting cylinder four missfire. What should I do? I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, the easiest thing to do, especially with the individual coils that they have on, they switch a coil and so the mismoves.
Speaker 1: So let me get this straight. Then, Now on newer cars, you have a separate coil on each.
Speaker 2: Yes, each each plug.
Speaker 1: Really, where's that locating.
Speaker 2: On top of the motor? You know, a lot of the force cy owinders like the vols are very easy to get to.
Speaker 1: So you have a coil and a plug.
Speaker 2: Yes, so there's no plug, wire, no distributor cap, none of that. It's all gone. So it's all computer controlled spark. But the simplest way to check a misfire move the coil from number four to number three and number three to it.
Speaker 1: Does it pomp and pop in? And if it follows, it follows the coil is what if it doesn't follow the coil.
Speaker 2: Well, then you got to start. You got to know what you're doing. Now you got to figure it out. Well, you have a few injection issues, you know, you could have an injector half plugged, an injector not working.
Speaker 1: And there's no way to mix and match.
Speaker 2: Well that's that's a lot harder. But it is still possible diagnostically, yes, but not as easy as a coil.
Speaker 1: And really, nowaday, Kevin, I mean the days of taking things apart and trying to you know, blow through that injector and and how many people remove and replace.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, yeah, yeah, parts anymore for the labor involved. You just you just go with new parts.
Speaker 1: And removing a carburetor.
Speaker 2: No carburetors anymore. Never never haven't seen one, really, you know, I see one a year maybe, Okay, yep.
Speaker 6: I have I remember a guy in a chicken suit that had a carburetor.
Speaker 2: I thought you'd remember that.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: We had a little disagreement with a guy, Tom.
Speaker 6: I have never in my life took the worst, the worst complaint on a referral list member.
Speaker 1: Here's what the guy said. He said over.
Speaker 6: The phone, Kevin didn't want to give me a price on tuning up my carburetor. And then finally he said, we'll do it for whatever, three hundred five hundred, I don't remember the number. So the guy gets it over there and sure enough, I mean, the carburetor is in shambles. It needs parts and needs everything. So it went from a tune up to a rebuild. So Kevin calls them up.
Speaker 1: We're talking about rebuilding, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I gave him a phone quote and then I couldn't honor the quote, so I told him, I said, this is what I need and he's in other.
Speaker 1: Words, he didn't come in and have it all laid out first.
Speaker 2: No, he wanted a quote over the phone.
Speaker 1: And you said, well, now I can't do it for that. So it's not like you had a contract with him. No, And he said just and Kevin said, hey, just come pick it up. I won't charge you anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put it all back together, no charge.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And what did the completely guy?
Speaker 6: The guy tresses up in a chicken suit like cowsuit or a cowsuit like from the chicken place, and he's out front holding a sign about him.
Speaker 2: He was picketing in front of him.
Speaker 1: What was his saying?
Speaker 2: Tom Martine's referral list. Kevin Culkin doesn't keep his word or something.
Speaker 1: Because you did a revised estimate and didn't charge him a dime. You di I mean so they he wants your very first look to be the only price you quote.
Speaker 2: Yes or else. I'm lying it was the most.
Speaker 1: It would be different if you talk to me to a quote to get the job in there, get there and then and then you you you know he can't back out. But it's like you gave him the choice, and no, it didn't cost him a dime. Well, Mark wind Out that day he was there and took a picture of the guy into.
Speaker 2: I don't have it. I was looking for it. I can't find.
Speaker 1: But when you had tried to explain that to him, what did he say?
Speaker 2: He was completely unreasonable and then he wanted to say, all right, you know what, just go ahead and do it. But at that point I didn't want to work with him.
Speaker 1: That was probably the smartest thing.
Speaker 2: I think you think we should go our separate ways.
Speaker 6: Wow, Tom, if he can find that picture. The whole funny part, well, the whole thing's ridiculous. But the funny part is he puts on this cowsuit. It's the craziest thing you've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the cow suit had to do with any of it. Yeah, he stood outside for about an hour out on Colfax, waving the cars.
Speaker 1: I would have sprayed him down with a hose if that was one of my shoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't have one that reached I was.
Speaker 1: I was looking, so was it on your property or on public?
Speaker 2: Product was on the sidewalk, So I really couldn't do much.
Speaker 6: You know, Tom, I want to ask you this, what's the most ridiculous call.
Speaker 1: That you've gotten.
Speaker 6: I don't mean I mean one of the complaint on our people, yeah, I mean on Yeah, exactly. Somebody on the referral is the most ridiculous you can recall.
Speaker 1: Tom Martina referralss mem sharedon All Detect owner Kevin does that picture? Wow? They look like just old too mokes. Basically, who's the friend?
Speaker 2: I don't know if the one in the cowsuit he never took it off. No, the other guy, the guy that's holding the customers in the cowsuits his buddy something.
Speaker 1: Okay, So listen. So I had one where Excel Roofing did some gutters beautiful. This one's great quoted exactly what he was going to charge. Charge the whole thing. The job's done. The guy calls me pissed off, and he said, they took away all the old gutters. Now, the reason he got gutters is they were crooked, dented, there were holes in them, and they were disgusting. Well, who the hell wants old gutters us? So listen, So excell did such a beautiful job putting new gutters on. Then they were upset that he cleaned up everything. And he said he didn't even ask me. I said, well, did they take the old shingles away? I said, listen on the quote, it says clean up is part of the job. Okay. But he said they didn't ask me about the old gutters. And I said for whatever? Would you want the old gutters for what? And he said, well they have value, blah blah blah. And Jay said, Tom, I'll give him whatever salvage value he wants on that they weren't for their good No, they had sentimental Yeah, but stop, you went to the punchline too fast, man. Oh, I'm sorry he said that he wanted. So Jason, I'll give him salvage value, you know, allumin whatever and then that's when he said, but he doesn't understand they have sentimental value. Sentimental value, so he wanted to be reimbursed or get the old gutters back for the sentimental value. I don't know if he was going to display them. Put him in his basement, maybe lock him up with the dead people he has buried in the property. I don't know, but buried with him. It's crazy. You want to hear the root, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Marts, you know you're a troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five So B and what's going on with you? B?
Speaker 17: Yes, I have a question I was wanting to answer. If I have a trust, can I drop my liability limits on my assets like my home in my vehicle since I no longer own those assets the.
Speaker 1: Trust does Okay, Now I'm not sure what you mean draw from them? So do you have an irrevocable or irrevocable trust?
Speaker 17: I don't have one yet. That's what I'm going to be getting one, but I want to know which one I should think.
Speaker 1: What is the purpose? First? Let me ask you the purpose of the trust. There's a reason I'm asking.
Speaker 17: Properties. Money liquidation, okay, asset yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you trying to protect from lawsuits or no probate?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 17: Both?
Speaker 11: Both?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm getting behind on breaks by, but here's what I'm going to tell you. And I'm sorry for people who have to sit through that, But here's what I'm going to tell you. If you do a trust, you may want to do it, but you may not need it. But if you do do it, you would want an irre You would want a revocable trust. You don't want an irrevocable trust. And when assets are put into a revocable trust, a regular revocable trust, you treat them as if they're your own no matter what. Anything you want to do. If you want to refinance your house, you can, if you want to do anything, and you would simply be signing as the trustee and for the house and trust, and you would everything you want to do is exactly the same. You can sell the car and get a new one, put it back in the trust. It's all that. It's all that. The trust is only mostly to survive your death. It really has little to do with when you're living. And that's really the simplicity of it. And it has to be written properly, but most of them are. I would use Keel and Park they're great people. Or you can use our good friends, Dan McKenzie. They're good people.
Speaker 8: Hey, b do they have any attorneys in Maybury?
Speaker 17: No, That's why I want to That's why I was calling too, because I want to get this done.
Speaker 11: Nuts.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me ask you where do you live?
Speaker 17: Be get this done in January? Monument Colorado?
Speaker 1: Where is that monument? Okay? Let me just give you both numbers. Dan McKenzie. McKenzie law is easy to remember. Eight three three c plans. He is local, by the way. It just has a good number. Eight three three co plans.
Speaker 17: Okay and Ken Kevin, Oh no, that's Dan Mackenzie. No, no, no, but the other one Kill and.
Speaker 1: Park Keel and Park yep, they're Keel and Park with ease on the ends of each name. Keel and Park. They're at nine seven zero eight one eight eight. Now these these will not require in person visits. I mean you can do it, but you can usually do it by phone, emails and stuff. But call each one and get a feel for what you want to do.
Speaker 17: Okay, thank you so much, Tommy, you have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Okab three oh three seven one three eight two five fives. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of it insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ripped up.
Speaker 4: New need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running.
Speaker 4: Just as pass as we can show Shooter's gonna help come man, This.
Speaker 1: Is the Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino, Your Troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I want to talk to you about this devastating fire and what it's like to lose a house and what do you do about it? And do you lose money on it? And Bob, good friend of mine for years, runs mister green Jeans. He's a landscaper, does all of our work. And hey, Bob, so how long ago did you lose your home?
Speaker 11: The Carameron Peace fire was in the fall of twenty twenty twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty fall. So we're right in the throes of COVID right, yes, okay, so what happened.
Speaker 11: We had just finished building our house, to be honest with you, and two weeks after we had finished our house, the fire came through and took everybody's house on the mountain and it was devastating. That fire was traveling a mile an hour. It was crazy. When I did get up to my house, pretty much my house had melted down the road. There was just nothing left. It's gone.
Speaker 1: There's nothing that could have been done to prevent or save that, right.
Speaker 11: No, not at all. I applaud the firemen. I could see them numerous water drops from the sky because I could tell the erosion. But there was no way to stop it. I mean, our forests are so overgrowing. There's there's no way.
Speaker 1: Okay, so then let's talk about the insurance and all that. So what happens in a case like that where it's a total loss, Well, it.
Speaker 11: Was pretty devastating. But I will say my insurance company when the Marshall fire took place, there was eight percent that was properly insured. And that was actually an insurance company that I have, Thank god, they were great. Within just a few weeks they had paid me for all my inside stuff, the total loss of the house, everything, and they.
Speaker 1: Let me, did you have extended coverage?
Speaker 11: They were. They paid my complete policy and they went thirty percent past my plot. That's everything they could.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that you did have the extended policy, then okay, that's good coverage. And who was that company?
Speaker 11: Best company? I'll throw it outs a commercial here, it's their country financial.
Speaker 1: Okay, that and that is the insurance company.
Speaker 11: Yes, it's called Country Financial, Okay. And the insurance agent I have the lady that's taking care of me. She was the best in the world. I mean, if I had any questions, bump, she didn't let me handle anything. She took care of it for me. It was excellent.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful. So I never heard of that insurance company. Actually, is it a mainline insurance company or is it specialized in the mountains or what?
Speaker 11: No, they actually, I'd never heard of them either, because I had problems getting insurance.
Speaker 1: Is that the actual underwriter? Is that the actual underwriter?
Speaker 11: Yes, Country Financial is not just the name of what up in Fort Collins. That is the insurance Okay.
Speaker 1: So you had one hundred and thirty percent of coverage plus plus interior contents. Yes, okay, So you're probably one of the few in the world that can have a total loss, and you're prepared pretty well as far as Now here's what I want to know. I know you did a lot of work. So let's say theoretically most people don't. So let's take a normal person paid out the way you're paid out. Would you be able to build the same house hiring people to do it.
Speaker 11: Not a chance.
Speaker 1: Okay, see that's so, go ahead, go ahead. I'm sorry.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry the way the economy took such a direction during COVID. My house costed possibly three times more than it should have.
Speaker 1: You mean when you were building it or after it you mean the replacement, Yeah.
Speaker 11: To replace it due to the cost of everything.
Speaker 1: Oh so, even at one hundred and thirty percent, even at one hundred and thirty percent reimbursement, you're telling me your price was three hundred percent.
Speaker 11: Oh, without a doubt.
Speaker 1: And I don't why, Bob, Bob, why why tell me about what would be what would make your cost triple?
Speaker 11: Everything I bought during COVID was impossible to get or it was so overpriced. It was ridiculous. When even when the builder came up delivering my wood. I remember the one trip that he made, he says, you know, you paid an extra thirty thousand dollars on this compared to when I built houses a couple of years ago. It just never ended.
Speaker 1: Did you ever think of waiting, just putting the money somewhere and waiting, You know, I.
Speaker 11: Really did, But I didn't know how long this would take. I'd like to get my life back in order, and to be honest with you, I'm still a couple of weeks away from getting my final inspections to get my life back in order. It's yeah, and I didn't know if it was going to go down or what the timetable was. Most things have went down, but there's still a few items that are it's hard to get at.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now you rebuilt, and how'd you come up with.
Speaker 2: The rest.
Speaker 11: Out of pocket? You know?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Did you have to it? Right now? So you had a mortgage going in, right? So if you had one hundred and thirty percent payoff? Oh, you didn't have a mortgage.
Speaker 11: No, I was mortgage free, thank god. And I just paid my way through this, thank god.
Speaker 1: I do you have a mortgage now? No?
Speaker 11: I managed to do this and still stay out of debt.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Bob, that's fortunate. But all right, so you have been three times the cost and it's complete.
Speaker 11: Now, pretty much complete. You're more than welcome to come up. It'll be probably a few more weeks. I'm gonna have Alice warming party sometime here the care and we'll be ours say that in the beginning of next year, and we're done with this.
Speaker 1: And so in twenty twenty five, in a few months, you'll be done.
Speaker 11: Yes, totally done. I'm just doing the little odds and ends right now.
Speaker 1: And had you moved into the new house when burned down.
Speaker 11: Oh, yes, we were in there. A lot of our personal stuff was up there, but we were in the process of just getting all of our stuff up there, so I didn't have all of my stuff, thank god.
Speaker 1: But yeah, And what were you at work and then all of a sudden you rush home and it's gone.
Speaker 11: Actually, my neighbor when they talk about neighbor, he's probably half a mile away. We were tied into his cameras, so we got to watch the fire destroy the mountain. It first came over tree tops, which we thought it maybe missed us because it just burned all the tree tops. And then the cameras picked up the heat wave on the ground and then here came the orange glow and within minutes it was gone.
Speaker 1: So what did you learn through all this? Anything you can share?
Speaker 11: Yeah, because I look at the whole California thing, a lot of things. I had did all the fire mitigation I could. I was one of the few people on the mountain that actually had my place fire mitigated. But with one hundred hour winds, you can't mitigate anything. It was. It was horrible the way the fire was jumping. But people need to mitigate this and clean up around their properties because that's half the problem.
Speaker 1: What's the breaker area? You think you should have the clear area?
Speaker 11: Well, you know, my grandpa always told me I shouldn't have a tree ever close enough to hit the house. But I've went way past that. I don't have anything one hundred yards to my house.
Speaker 1: But you still have a view. Or did trees come back at all?
Speaker 11: Oh? Yeah, you if all my aspens are now ten feet tall already, most of the planes are almost knee high, so things are coming back great. And I actually went up there and did all my acreage and wildflowers, so it's just a big flower bed up there temporarily.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, so you all were out of the house when it happened.
Speaker 11: Yes, we were out of the house, yes.
Speaker 1: Including your little firstly, my wife, you're a little fur rap. Oh god, they're cute.
Speaker 15: You.
Speaker 7: I are a good landscaping company to help with the wildflowers.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's funny for one, but you don't.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 11: Honestly, I wouldn't have made it through this build if I wouldn't have had so much help from my my friends, my family and everybody, and we all pitched in.
Speaker 1: So wait, wait, wait, so you did Did you do a lot of the work yourself? Oh?
Speaker 11: I did tons of but myself, my boy helped me, my wife everything.
Speaker 1: Even doing all of that, it was still triple the costs.
Speaker 11: Oh oh, without a doubt, without a doubt.
Speaker 1: God, unbelievable. Well, I'm glad that you made it, Bob.
Speaker 2: This is bo.
Speaker 8: I have a question.
Speaker 18: I'm really happy you got this good insurance company, Country Financial. So after all of this happened, did this insurance company still stay on.
Speaker 2: Board with you and ensure you with the new property?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 11: That was interesting. I asked her, what would happen? Are you going to cancel me? Our rates were going up? And she said neither. My rates did not go up and they did not cancel me. So they have been a sweetheart on this whole deal.
Speaker 2: Well that's that's great, Bobby.
Speaker 11: We went we went from an we went from a number five fire problem. That's the worst it is. That's when I was building it. Now I'm rated to number one because I lost all my forest.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, Bob, where did you stay during when your house was destroyed?
Speaker 8: Where did you happen to stay?
Speaker 11: Well, as we were building, I have another place in Denver that I was renting, and we were staying there, thank God, and that got us through it. I stayed in there and well I still have that house active yet I have both of them going.
Speaker 1: Is that going to be for sale soon?
Speaker 11: No? I was just renting. This is here we go. Another friend of mine, he helped me out, and his mother and father passed away. The house was empty, so we went in and remodeled that moved in.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's good. That's very good man, it's all. It's all working out. Although you really had to. You had to. You're basically your dream home is triple what it was going to cost.
Speaker 11: You, without a doubt. And the codes have changed so much in the last few years. Like I have no problem with Larry McConney, they've been really great. But to give you an idea, our code up there and wind is one hundred and eighty mile an hours that I have to build. So the engineer when he engineered it, they always go at least twenty five percent over, so we're talking two to two hundred and twenty five mile an hour winds were good for but the cost of adhering to those policies is quite expensive.
Speaker 1: I get what you mean, man, So thank you so much for being on Bob and Man, I'll pray for you. I mean, you know the worst is gone but are over, but you got a lot of head do you thank you? Mister green Jeans. By the way, on the referra list Referralist dot com three O three four two six forty nine forty five, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Let me get to the phones here, all right. So Christina has a problem with a payroll company, and then we have a dome light issue. Hang on, Sean, because Kevin, they do eellectual issues. Christina, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Hai?
Speaker 19: Tom, Hi, what's happening? Thanks?
Speaker 13: Taking well.
Speaker 19: So I actually got fired on the Auto Industry Division, which is a division within the Apartment of Revenue, to make sure I had a hand in making sure people that are selling vehicles are you know, doing what they're supposed to do. Yeah, long story, shore, I have a I did that because I have a garnishment for a vehicle that I had back in twenty eighteen, taking full responsibility for it.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 19: I got a notification of this garnishment back in January of twenty twenty four per DPA Central Payroll, which is also another division within the Department of Revenue. I was told they had to renew it. The creditor had to renew it every six months. Okay. They continued to take money out of my checks, and a very significant amount from January until.
Speaker 1: But you acknowledge it, you acknowledge you owe it. Right.
Speaker 19: I had a disagreement with the owner of the dealership. But I it took full accountability, and I'm not gonna I'm not going to run from it. I'm not going to fight it.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, But in other words, then, so what harm was it then with them taking money out?
Speaker 19: No, this is where the discrepancy is. Okay, every six months they're supposed to renew this garnishment supposedly, Okay, one hundred and eighty two days.
Speaker 1: It's good for No, I get it.
Speaker 19: I got a regular paycheck in December, as if the garnishment was over, which to my understanding, it should have been at that point.
Speaker 1: Well, it should have been temporary. Let me get it straight. It should have been over temporarily until they renew it.
Speaker 19: And it wasn't.
Speaker 1: I get it. But okay, I'm not trying to trick you or nor am I saying they shouldn't get it renewed. But what difference did it make? I mean, technically, if they didn't get it renewed, if it was still going toward a debt that you truly owed.
Speaker 19: My issue is is they stopped the garnishment in December. I got regular paycheck. I got it without notifying me. Of a resubmitdle of the garnishment, they started taking money out again.
Speaker 1: I can't no, I get that.
Speaker 19: Yeahup the company and I'm just asking for documentation from Sure payroll. They're saying the gal that has it no longer works there and they can't provide it for me.
Speaker 14: But christ how much.
Speaker 1: More do you go? I got to jump in, Really, how much more? Understanding?
Speaker 6: Is if they don't renew the garnishment in six months? I mean pretty much they're no longer able to take money out or or the whole thing could go away.
Speaker 1: Really, Mark, are you sure? Well, let's get Frank ball on. Yeah, that's what we need to do. We need to get a really good collection attorney. Christine. I just want to ask. There's something called substance over form, and either one can win out depending on the situation. So what Mark is saying, is it possible that's a substance would change the form. In many cases, the form doesn't change the substance. So that's what we have to figure out.
Speaker 6: Well, well, I don't think it's going to change the outcome. Time to be to be straight, what I'm saying is they might have to go through and reinitiate restart the garnishment again.
Speaker 1: I understand that. But what I'm getting at is this is that there's no harm if they didn't renew it and they kept taking money, if the money was properly applied to money that she legally owes. It's even though I agree that they would have had.
Speaker 19: To go through more more money after they stopped.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, how did they Well, here's what I want to know. How are they figuring the amount to take?
Speaker 19: What she's telling me, she doesn't have the paperwork that was resubmitted to the original creditor, So I don't know where they're coming up with this balance.
Speaker 1: And when you say, when you say them, you're job. Okay, now I get it, Christine, I get it. Who are we talking about, by the way, that is garnishing you that you're talking to that says we don't have the paperwork.
Speaker 19: You're talking about DPA Central Payroll.
Speaker 1: So you're not talking even to the creditor. You're talking to your employer. Correct.
Speaker 19: The creditor won't reach won't respond to.
Speaker 1: Me, So you're you're asking your employer, why did you continue to let them garnish?
Speaker 19: Well, no, not my employer It gets a little tricky because there's about fourteen divisions.
Speaker 1: But they are they are your employer. I know, I know they They're a representative of your employer. They're not some strange.
Speaker 19: Someone that authorize this money to be taken out.
Speaker 1: Yes, but they're part of your employment. It's not something nameless place out in nowhere land. Okay, So these people your employer, can't you.
Speaker 19: And I apologize?
Speaker 1: I please one thing, Christine, your employee.
Speaker 14: I want to get a picture that's accurate.
Speaker 1: Just please let me finish. Your employer continued to garnish even when it was not renewed. They discontinued it for a while, then restarted it without notice. I get all of that. What I want to know is the creditor itself will not talk to you.
Speaker 19: Until the balance is paid. What they said, well, that is okay.
Speaker 1: So and the creditor. Has it been sold to a new creditor or is it the same old dealership?
Speaker 19: Oh no, it's been sold to a law firm that's a third party collection agency.
Speaker 1: Okay, it has been sold or assigned for collection?
Speaker 19: Do you know, I'm not certainly?
Speaker 1: Okay, So how much is the balance? Do you know what the balance is I do?
Speaker 19: What's the balance is eleven sixty five?
Speaker 6: Eleven thousand, eleven thirty eight three one thousand, No, no, no, eleven hundred.
Speaker 1: The whole balance of what you owe is only eleven all together.
Speaker 19: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. The balance all together would with seventy five hundred.
Speaker 1: What is it now?
Speaker 19: According to them? Eleven thirty one?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you and I don't mean only but you only owe of the original debt about eleven hundred dollars.
Speaker 7: According to them, according to who's them, according to DPA Central payroll, according to.
Speaker 1: According to your employer, you only owe eleven hundred bucks, and then you're paid off. You there could be a big I understand everything she's saying.
Speaker 6: The problem is the debt didn't go away. I want to ask the attorney, Frank Ball. But what I'm thinking is they weren't allowed to take after six months, and they did.
Speaker 1: I understand your frustrated without renewing.
Speaker 6: But if they refile now to get a new garnishment, you might actually be screwing yourself because you're going to have more attorneys fees.
Speaker 1: Well, here's what.
Speaker 19: They already did. That's what they did without notifying me.
Speaker 6: Well, there's more attorneys fees involved in collecting then, but they're allowed.
Speaker 1: They're allowed to do that. They're allowed to charge for renewal. They're allowed okay, whether they renew or not. If they renew and it cost them two thousand dollars with an attorney to do it, they're allowed to tack that on. Reasonable attorney's fees and interest are allowed. Okay, that's with every judgment. So therefore I don't wanted to quibble with that right now. The good news I feel is if she owes another eleven hundred bucks, okay, how many more garnishments would that be?
Speaker 19: That's it's only three more pay checks.
Speaker 1: So then let me ask you this. Let me ask you this, What is your goal? Tell me what your goal is right now?
Speaker 19: My goal is to get answers, and my goal is to figure out where the paperwork is that she's saying was submitted when it was supposed to be submitted.
Speaker 1: Let's say this.
Speaker 19: I'm not trying to get no.
Speaker 1: I know you say you're not getting out of paying it, but let's just say this. Let's say that you don't get the answers you want or the paperwork. So I'm just curious now, and now I'm not trying to play tricks. I'm asking how would that change what you owe the additional attorney's phase.
Speaker 19: That's why I want to see the paperwork, because according to the original documentation, it should have been over in December.
Speaker 13: Okay, they stopt it.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, get it. So you want to know, you want to know it should have been over now, but you keep saying it should have been over. It should have been over because it was. I'm going to ask you, Christine, let me ask the question. You said it should have been over in December because by your calculations, the full debt would have been paid, or it should have been over in December because they did not renew it.
Speaker 19: It should have been over in December because the balance would have been paid.
Speaker 1: Got it? Got it? Then you have a reason to be concerned if they're miscalculating and if they on purpose tacked on morphees. So now we got to figure out though through Now Frank Ball would be the one we call and we ask him how you get access to those records?
Speaker 10: Frank is actually unavailable.
Speaker 1: Can we get her on tomorrow morning? I mean on Monday morning?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I can try to listen.
Speaker 1: I understand you now, Christina, So you're wondering, Wait a minute, it was done, I paid everything. Why am I paying again? Got it correct? But I like just a math question. I mean the math equal equals or not? Yeah? But should they pop on this attorney's fee if they never really renewed it? I mean, yeah, these are she has legit questions.
Speaker 7: Be able to tell how many how much money was taken out of each paycheck and see what that adds up to.
Speaker 8: It's just simple.
Speaker 1: Men did and she thought it was done in December. Great then, and now they're saying no, she owes some more money. She wants to know why, and I would want to know too. I would want to know two. So hold on and let's give this to UH Deputy Bow to follow up with her and UH Frank Baull, the attorney go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yeah, Hi Tom Martinez here three h three seven one three talk seven one three two five five Sean, Uh a dome light in a twenty fourteen Ford Explorer. Man, it doesn't sound like it could be hard to figure out what's going on.
Speaker 2: Sean.
Speaker 20: Sing my call, Yes, sir, Yeah, it's just it's uh, it's my wife's car. It's it's it's into the broade all the time now, but it's a it's it's it's just won't shut off the dome light when the door shuts, it's staying on. You turn the lever and it won't shut off there either, So we just kind of lived with it being ov that would it's sitting in.
Speaker 14: The mill, hold on, what what what do you do?
Speaker 15: So?
Speaker 1: What do you do to keep the battery from dying?
Speaker 20: That's just been it. It's her second car now because it's paid off.
Speaker 1: But did you ever did you ever think about pulling the breaker for that little light.
Speaker 20: That's what I was wondering. But you know, I'm just doing something like that and pulling the ball about.
Speaker 1: Well what do you do do you normally? Normally does it just sit there with the light on? Yeah, and then how often does that kill the battery?
Speaker 20: It's only done at once?
Speaker 1: That ain't That ain't a good thing. Yeah, that's not good though, just like keep it draining.
Speaker 2: Did you try checking all the doors because any one of the doors can make the dome leight come on? You know, make sure they're all closed.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, we whether they're fully closed, and and the knob.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Kevin, Well, you gotta determine which door it is, but it's probably a door switch. The door switch is built into the door latch on those, so you just replace the door latch. You'll probably take care of it.
Speaker 1: You think that's what it is to.
Speaker 2: Determine what door it is? Yeah, yeah, it's not hard. You know, you're probably forger.
Speaker 20: What's strange about it is it's like there's three don't there's three lights on? There's the front line. Try over the front juicy yep, and that goes out. This is one that's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why would one of them stay on? Huh, why would one of them stay on? That's weird.
Speaker 2: It could be the switch in the light itself. It's just not functioning right because you can switch it on manually.
Speaker 1: But temporarily doesn't each or each one of them.
Speaker 2: And it never goes off even while you're driving. It's just it's always on.
Speaker 11: Correct.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you pull the ball out of curiosity, Kevin, does it not eat any power?
Speaker 2: No, that that's that completes the circuit. So yeah, if you just pull the ball.
Speaker 1: Out, yeah, it'll it'll it will not.
Speaker 2: It will not draw the battery down.
Speaker 1: No, that's what you got to do until you can get it into Kevin and then go to Costco. You can buy those little push button lights for six seven.
Speaker 2: Stick up light.
Speaker 20: Yeah, gosh, that's not that I was thinking about just pulling out, but I want to kind of keep that car and shaved, and it's like it's only got like a good two thousand mile money.
Speaker 1: Wow, it just happened all of a sudden.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, it happened about six months ago.
Speaker 1: And you're suspecting the door switch.
Speaker 2: Typically typically it is the door switch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, those like little push buttons Cavin, so you could open all your doors used to be.
Speaker 2: Now they're built into the door mechanism itself. Oh yeah, no, the little free before. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: How much are these micro switches in the door?
Speaker 2: Well you don't. You have to replace the whole latch, of course you do. Yeah, you can't just get a switch.
Speaker 1: How much is that?
Speaker 2: Probably two to three hundred bucks?
Speaker 1: Oh you poor souls?
Speaker 2: Costco costco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, pull the bolb, I mean, especially if you have other lights. God, okay, story real quick. Yeah.
Speaker 20: I just bought the TV a mess by what one hundred inches and they had the wrong delivery addresses by does down in the Springs.
Speaker 1: Did you say one hundred inch?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? One hundreds? Okay, keep going anyway.
Speaker 20: So, uh, it's say they want to reschedule to go to the right, correct address. So I give them my address in Denver, you know, and at the house that's been there sixty six and they're telling me they can't schedule it because that address has knocked.
Speaker 13: Come up with your system?
Speaker 1: Come on? Oh my god? Did you say I'll drop a pin? Yeah?
Speaker 20: I know, I just you know, I tried to reason why. I mean, you can google the address. It comes up. I've got some your systems. Well, there's nothing I can do, so I don't know. I got this about this TV. Maybe I'll just tell them this.
Speaker 1: Jamin God, that sucks. Or I can give you my address. I'm sure it's on there. I would glad. How much is it?
Speaker 20: By the way, it's a about seven thousand with the taxi.
Speaker 1: And everything, because you can buy right now, literally a fifty five inch Is that considered small nowadays? A fifty five.
Speaker 2: Inches that's undersized? Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Jeez, okay, you can buy them for five hundred bucks right now at Microsoft.
Speaker 20: Are like eighties Simpsons for twenty five hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I don't know. You go over nowadays, with the technology and how it's changing for me, you go over one thousand bucks anymore. I wouldn't go over fifteen hundred on these TVs and right now because they're all gonna come down entyce. Yeah, anyway, I guess that's the way everything is. Three h three seven one three eight two five pace. But Greg, hang on, I promise you you're next. Go ahead, sir. What's going on? Greg?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Tom?
Speaker 11: You were talking about antioxidant or not.
Speaker 1: Antioxidy anti inflammatory?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I was wondering what you do to help control that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have supplements that I use, but and they're all kinds. You know. It really has to do with what will work with you, because if you have certain issues, you can't take certain ones. And I hate you know, but anti inflammatory supplements are all over the place, all over the place, and it's really something that it is something that really is easy to find, is what I'm going to say. All you have to do is look on it. You can look on Amazon, you can look on ask your doctor if you have a doctor that's hip. Some doctors aren't. They're all into medicines. Now I'm not talking about drugs, you know. I'm not like talking like, for example, Omega threes. Fish oil automatically anti and it's a good nutrient. You need it, so I take fish oil at night. A lot of people like turmeric or the Kirkumen okay, ginger and their supplements for that, green tea extract, reservatol, corstin, romeolin. I just did a quick assessment here on AI, vitamin D, magnesium. These are all anti inflammatories, so everyone needs these anyway, if you have a good multi it's never hurts to take extra omega threes. That's where I'd start omega threes. And then however you can tolerate, you might want to take some turmeric, or you may want to go to green tea extract. A lot of people love probiotics. Some people say they don't like it, but they do it and anyway, stuff like that. Zinc has some anti inflammatory properties, but you never want to depend on one. You should have a well regimented, well rounded approach.
Speaker 13: Excellent, thank you.
Speaker 1: And uh yeah, and you know I'm going to tell you something that may sound silly, but it's not AI. You know what I actually did with AI. I just did some experimenting and I uploaded my blood work to it my results, and said, tell me how these supplements that I'm taking will interplay with this type of blood And it actually gave me down right specifics. You don't need this. This you could increase this would help this this high thing come lower or this low thing come higher. God, it is amazing to me. Now, obviously I have a doctor I see, as you know, you know, I have a concierge that I see. But look, be we do what we can, right, We just do what we can. That doesn't mean. You know that doesn't mean you're You're not a member of the lottery on Earth, right, So anyway, three oh three seven one three eight two I want you to call three oh three Martino, I mean, and leave a message and we will go back to you three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. And remember uh referral lists dot com for help information and referrals, and save all your problems for me.