Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go here, where's head? Good morning? This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, he's a rude ryning. Yes, sir, oh man, We're gonna be busy today. Hey, good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan show checking in on this tat Tuesday, uh, December third.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, fresh out of mad head to head and Tournament of Champions. I'm looking forward to it. It's first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning.
Speaker 3: Autumn and Paul taking on one another this morning six point twenty. Cannot wait until only the second game in the tournament winner advances to the greats eight.
Speaker 2: I got some fun facts for you in homeroom.
Speaker 3: We'll do the fun fact flashback for Jerry Cantrell tickets, A Wall Nation tickets at seven twenty.
Speaker 2: The Chili Brown Game Christmas.
Speaker 3: And Dish Chilly Brown joining us in studio for some of those All Elite Wrestling aw tickets. Another show, Big show in Arlington. Concert announcement.
Speaker 2: I almost said it. I almost said what it was.
Speaker 3: Concert announcement at nine o'clock and we'll give away the first pair of tickets to that show and then Yesterday's big concert announcement was ac DC, we'll have tickets for you on know the show.
Speaker 2: So good morning on this Giving Tuesday. We'll be talking a little bit about that today on the show.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, highs up around sixty seven.
Speaker 2: Looks like we got more rain coming later on in the week. Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Rod, Good morning a homeroom.
Speaker 5: So we'll start with the national stuff of President ELEC. Trump says he's headed to Paris this weekend. In a post made last night on Truth Social Trump said he'll travel Saturday to attend the reopening of Notere Dame and then which that's been fully restored after remember that fire five years ago.
Speaker 4: That and then he is at mincing.
Speaker 5: Words about Hamas and the hostages. I've said those responsible will be hit harder than anybody has been hit in the history of the United States. The President elect warning Hamas to release the hostages before he takes office on January twenty.
Speaker 4: So a lot of action there.
Speaker 5: Then here in Houston, a mysterious ad campaign is hinting at the return of Enron. Everyone knows that Enron underwent a spectacular collapse, and now could they be attempting a comeback. En Ron declared bankruptcy twenty three years ago on Monday, throwing more than twenty.
Speaker 4: Five thousand people out of work.
Speaker 5: Also on Monday, and Ron launched a media blitz, so a full page ad in the Chronicle, at least two.
Speaker 4: Billboards, a promotional video.
Speaker 5: The company has a new website that offers merch and career opportunities. It also features a countdown clock that will zero out at eight a m.
Speaker 4: Next Monday.
Speaker 5: So we're watching this, I don't know, it seems a little. It seems a little.
Speaker 2: Uh it's a joke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somehow it's a joke showing there is I mean, the merchant is real. They're taking credit cards, people are buying merch, so that part of it is legit.
Speaker 2: But it's not the Enron that we know. It's certainly not.
Speaker 4: How could it be.
Speaker 3: It's a T shirt company, it's a product. I that's my gas.
Speaker 4: That's the local, that's the local happenings.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 5: While ithub dot com ranked the most fun cities in America, they based it on sixty five different metrics, including how many bars, restaurants, and festivals there are.
Speaker 4: There They even.
Speaker 5: Factored in how far you'd have to travel to get your closest bowling alley your frozen yogurt shot fix. According to the results, the ten most fun cities in America are Vegas, Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, New Orleans.
Speaker 4: Austin, Timptisco, Chicago, Houston, and New York.
Speaker 2: Wow, we made a top ten list that doesn't happen a lot.
Speaker 5: Finally, Hey, remember Danny Pintaro from Who's the Boss?
Speaker 2: The Little Kid?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's not Alyssa Milano the other kids right, Well, he didn't have.
Speaker 5: The happiest Thanksgiving. In fact, he almost died. He had a scooter accident on Thursday, and two later he was having emergency surgery Dude to an infection caused by a tear in his stomach.
Speaker 4: He didn't have the best holiday, but he's still recovering.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: My Chemical Romance posted their condolences for Bob Bryer on Instagram yesterday.
Speaker 4: We had this on the music blog page for you.
Speaker 5: We told you yesterday that Bryer was found dead in his home in Tennessee about a week ago. Mike Kem said, we sent our deepest condolences to his friends and his families at this time.
Speaker 4: May he rest in peace.
Speaker 5: Having to say goodbye to one of their former bandmates bandmates was not easy for them, according to the Post.
Speaker 4: But those are Houston's headlines, all.
Speaker 2: Right, alet's what you got well Monday night football.
Speaker 6: It was a surprisingly good game being the Broncos and Browns played. Broncos got by the Browns forty one to thirty two thanks to a pick six in the final two minutes to put that game away. They were up thirty four to thirty two. Jameis Winston is just an electric factory to watch. Like he's gonna either throw one hundred yards on one play or an interception, So like, you don't know, he's gonna throw a couple of interceptions the game and you take the good, you take the bad.
Speaker 2: But then he's gonna say some funny stuff. It's crazy. What a renaissance he's had America's sweetheart.
Speaker 6: I don't know if that's the renaissance because he got they got ridom in Tampa Bay because he was doing what he does on the field. But he's just like a fun guy and a vibes guy. So he's a great locker room dude to have around. You just don't always like maybe you don't want to go in every year being like Jamie is gonna win us.
Speaker 2: A super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, He's not gonna be the guy that does that. But right now, I mean, he's just in the news every week.
Speaker 2: And he's just he's perfect for the internet.
Speaker 6: Like I guess, I hope he does some sort of hosting after he's done with his career and.
Speaker 2: Some Texans dudes.
Speaker 6: Linebacker as he's Alshaier apologized yesterday for his hit on Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence. Sunday pretty much textbook apology stuff like, hey, I would never try intentionally and try to injure another player. I hope that everything's well with Trevor Lawrence. No word on what kind of fine he's gonna be facing. He's definitely going to get one. You'd also be looking at a suspension as well. Texans are gonna buye this week, I mean basketball. Hottest team in the NBA is back in action tonight. Rockets take on the Kings in Sacramento. They're one and a half point favorites heading into this one. Tip offs at nine. You can listen to it on Our Sister station Sports Talk seven ninety That is what's going on.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, here we go open up these fun lines. I got to get to chili while he's still in a good mood. Chili brown game eight twenty, regular chili from now until a twenty okay, and.
Speaker 2: Then regular chili at about eight forty till the end of the show. But different chili during the during the Chili brown game. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But right now, Uh, he's standing by and he's wanting you to call. He'll put one of you through seven one, three, two two, five nine four five. You want that first phone call, come get it. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety.
Speaker 2: Four five Buzz.
Speaker 3: Broadcasting from a top ten fun city, Houston, Texas. I don't think that's a great headline. It's nice that we were included in that there is a.
Speaker 5: Finally getting their acts together.
Speaker 3: It infuriates me how many lists are out there. You got to understand. These things come across my desk getting ready for the show three times a week, and to see Houston being left off of list after list after list. I don't bring them up because I don't want to upset people. Because it upsets me. I'll take the hit on that.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to bring in a list that said, Okay, here's another one that they just don't know about us.
Speaker 3: They just don't know what's going on here. That happens a lot with this city. So yeah, I guess we should be excited. We're in top ten city. Man, we're on the list, you know, with with New Orleans in Las Vegas and New York City and you know, Florida or what is that?
Speaker 2: Orlando was probably on there.
Speaker 4: Orlando was one of like the top I think too.
Speaker 2: You know, they got the mouse. They got the mouse somebody, somebody someday, I don't know it off the top of my head.
Speaker 3: There was a story that before they chose Florida.
Speaker 2: Texas was in contention. Oh I'm sure to get the mouse down here.
Speaker 3: Because they just wanted to put it in a warm weather climate, you know, and Texas was a spot that they were thinking about.
Speaker 2: They would have completely changed the landscape of this whole state.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I mean, there's no denying I mean, I know there's a lot going on in Florida. There's no denying that Disney is like the marquee thing in that state. I mean it changes the whole climate of that state or the economics of that state.
Speaker 4: Mostly got really nice features over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah they do. Yeah, they got they have Galveston. They got stuff. Hey they got other states have Galaston.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, we hit ours.
Speaker 3: Listen, We're going to contribute to the fun here in Houston this morning.
Speaker 2: We're going to be a part of the fun.
Speaker 3: Maybe we are a part of the reason that we were new Yeah, like we're a metric.
Speaker 2: Maybe we were one.
Speaker 3: Of the reasons that Houston was deemed one of the more fun cities top ten in the country.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have some fun this morning.
Speaker 3: I already mentioned Chili Brown several times. That's how much I'm looking forward to it. It's probably my fifth mention. I look forward to it so much. I can't wait. Eight twenty this morning the Chili Brown Game. But this fresh out of vet head to head tournament of champions Man, it is must listen to Radio Autumn takes on Paul and uh. This is just the first round games Man, but these are all the best of the best of the year. It's all brought to us by Planet Fitness. The winner of the whole damn Thing. On December twentieth, I think is our last day. The winner of the whole damn thing is going to win a one year membership and to Planet Fitness and one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Pretty awesome.
Speaker 4: Think of a better way to start.
Speaker 7: The new year.
Speaker 3: Partly cloudy today, ten percent chance of rain, high of around sixty seven.
Speaker 2: Boy, everybody's up this morning. Every foone line is ringing.
Speaker 8: It's same time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 3: What about Jessica, Hey, Jessica, bye bye, good morning.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 9: Good morning? I'm fantastic.
Speaker 2: How are you super awesome? Thank you? What are you go going on this morning?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm getting ready for work right now.
Speaker 10: I moved from Houston three years ago to Richmond, Virginia, and next week I'll be back in Houston to get married.
Speaker 3: You wanted to come back and get married, like, you know, Houston the fun city.
Speaker 2: You want to be cool?
Speaker 9: Yeah, in the fun city exactly.
Speaker 2: So I'm assuming work. Well I don't know what led you away from here, if you can share that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was work.
Speaker 10: And now I'm in flight school, so I'm studying to become a pilot.
Speaker 11: Cool.
Speaker 3: Nice is the goal is the end game. There's no right or wrong answer. Here is the end game to get back here.
Speaker 9: I think I know eventually we want to end up in Tennessee.
Speaker 4: But okay, interesting, this might be on the way to the end game.
Speaker 2: So tell me about getting married.
Speaker 3: Here is it because all the friends and family are here, so it's easier on them.
Speaker 10: Yes, my grandparents are only about three minutes from the venue, so that's perfect. If they want to be able to leave, then someone can take them home without missing a whole lot.
Speaker 2: Where's your where's your fellow from?
Speaker 10: He is from Houston. He was born in Wichita.
Speaker 2: Fallso okay, and how long have you guys been together?
Speaker 9: Six years? Cool?
Speaker 2: How many people are coming to your wedding?
Speaker 9: It's a small one, about fifty.
Speaker 4: It's perfect intimate.
Speaker 3: It's perfect because you know, it's like you know every single person there and those are those are all the people that you love? Yeah, of course, I mean you can say that up to one hundred, maybe one hundred and fifteen.
Speaker 2: You have two hundred, Yeah, you're two hundred.
Speaker 4: Do you love every person?
Speaker 3: Not you?
Speaker 2: What? What is your wedding? What's your wedding song?
Speaker 4: Set up?
Speaker 10: It's on December twelfth, so twelve twelve, twenty four.
Speaker 2: No, what's your wedding song?
Speaker 9: Oh, my wedding song?
Speaker 10: Oh, I don't want to miss a thing by Aerosmith.
Speaker 2: It's a great one rock. Yeah, it's a little long. It's a little long, though, you got a whole thing prepared.
Speaker 9: No, we're just gonna wing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't rectimpany that my song was long too. So'm right. It's your time, it's your day. I'm not hate at all. You can put on the extended mix of that if you want. It's your day. That's awesome, all right. Well, you didn't ask for any advice. Just eat. Remember to eat. People get so caught up.
Speaker 3: You're walking around, you're talking everybody. I told Alex the same thing because he forgets to eat. I go, you gotta eat, you have to eat.
Speaker 2: Still do it.
Speaker 4: I'll tell your drug, Alex.
Speaker 3: And the best thing, the best thing that I did was I snuck away for about fifteen twenty minutes. I've told the story one hundred times, but twenty minutes nobody knew You're nobody knows you're gone.
Speaker 4: I don't miss you.
Speaker 3: You can go in some little side room and just get some food. And you and your guy just sit there and eat. You can hear everybody party and no one knows you're missing. Take a second, just you and him try to get in the cyber'll still and.
Speaker 10: You actually have set up a private meal forest for about.
Speaker 2: Jessica, welcome back to Texas.
Speaker 4: Good lucky flight school.
Speaker 9: Thank you all.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you. It's a great way to get started. Thank you for coming back here. Calm it, Jessica, got a wreck check for you.
Speaker 3: We'll find out what's trending. We'll get set up for the Tournament of Champions.
Speaker 2: Come on with us rock and.
Speaker 11: Alter the Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan and show.
Speaker 3: Get excited fresh out of man head to head Tournament of Champions.
Speaker 2: I see autumn lock and load. Oh there's Paul. Okay, we got him locked in.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of rain nothing over that now. More rain coming later this week, but today might be another good day to get after it partly cloudy, high of sixty seven.
Speaker 2: What's trending?
Speaker 5: So you have the report from the weekend travel and as expected, it was a record over three million travelers were screened at US airports on Sunday alone. Airlines had to cancel around one hundred and twenty flights over the weekend, but that three point nine million that were screened on Sunday broke the previous record. So the last time this many people were traveling was July seventh, so that Fourth of July holiday to come back, so we get kind of getting some stats on the weekend.
Speaker 4: Did you hear about James Vanderbeek.
Speaker 2: He I saw the news doing a story on him, but I didn't know why.
Speaker 5: Well, he has canceled and he is selling autograph Varsity Blues jerseys to help cover treatment costs for his colorectal cancer. He announced on Instagram that you know that the proceeds will support families facing cancer expenses, including his own hashtag cancer is Expensive.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't he make more money on Dawson's Creek merchandise?
Speaker 2: Clearly not, That's what I'm saying though, Like it.
Speaker 4: Was popular.
Speaker 3: I think he's known for that more than Varsity Blues. Maybe not here in Texas, but I think Dawson's great. I mean, maybe he can't get that licensing, maybe he can't get that stuffed.
Speaker 5: That's that's a good point, Okay, Also, you have sports in the trending now, so you have like Broncos the number one Google search, followed by Lakers, Timberwolves.
Speaker 4: But the third one is.
Speaker 5: That Jamie Lee Komorowski who was the drunk driver that killed a bride like I believe it was after her wedding night or sometime around their wedding.
Speaker 2: Saw it on the news yesterday.
Speaker 3: I don't remember this story either, but boy, that woman or left her wedding dress.
Speaker 4: Tragic, Corey, Yeah, she was hit.
Speaker 5: She was going sixty five miles like a in a like where there were golf carts driving, and the bride and the husband were on a golf cart and this car plowed into them at like sixty five miles an hour. And the husband survived, but he wakes up and his wife has gone. Right, really tragic, really tragic. Sorry, guys, not very light time, right, but that's what's trending on night before five the buzz.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go, let's shift gears right now, our players are ready to go.
Speaker 2: Let's have it. Alex, good morning everybody.
Speaker 12: This is Autumn. I am your fresh out of bed head tohead holl of say, number number eight for twenty twenty four, and you.
Speaker 2: Know the line, girls grew and boys grew, and I see nothing but Drew and dude here in the hall.
Speaker 12: Listen to me dominate at the end of the year as I take it off.
Speaker 3: Bitches, you gotta remember when these speeches were cut right after she finally punched it through and got her fifth win. She had been trying. She had been trying, so you can hear the excitement in her. I remember the day she went in. It was so much fun.
Speaker 2: What about this guy went the home room. This is Paul, you're fresh out of bed.
Speaker 13: Had the head Hall of Fame number.
Speaker 9: Just two of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: It's actually number three.
Speaker 9: Man, we're being honest.
Speaker 2: When I was tenth caller on Monday, I didn't think I was gonna make it this far. But here I am joined me at the end of the year.
Speaker 9: When I take it all, bitches, you go.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, there was some sort of a mix up. I somewhat remember that. How do we screw up so early?
Speaker 3: How does this show think that the second person is going into the Hall of Fame when he's what the second guy probably went in weeks earlier.
Speaker 2: You know, it was early in the year Man the mad mistakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a mistake.
Speaker 2: We made all air.
Speaker 4: That's fun.
Speaker 13: I go.
Speaker 2: These are first timers, right. They didn't mention it in their speeches, But I think these are first timers because this is not Paul in the hall. No, not at all, Paul. So, not at all Paul in the hall, Paul.
Speaker 3: Filling the blank in the hall. These I think these are first timers going at each other, new.
Speaker 2: Paul in the hall. Okay, all you gotta do is sit back and listen to this man. It's gonna be a great match.
Speaker 8: The Right Rise.
Speaker 7: Show celebrating twenty years ninety four.
Speaker 2: Five ninety four to five the buzz. You can be amped up like that, Alex, I'm I'm all that.
Speaker 1: I'm mad, bro, not be excited for this.
Speaker 2: I'm already amped for the game. More like, dude, what's more excitement?
Speaker 3: Heart's then explode, fizzle out by seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: There's a coffee. You can't get that excited? Good morning everyone? Why am I excited?
Speaker 3: Fresh out of man head to head tournament or champions Hearing those victory speeches and that music and all of that stuff, it gets me going.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. I want to get right into it. Ten percent chance to reign.
Speaker 3: Nothing over that today partly cloudy sky hides up around sixty seven.
Speaker 14: Come now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head chat in listeners to your corners, Paul, how did we screw up.
Speaker 1: When I before I started my speech, you said, well, I asked what number I was, and you said number two, And it was early March, so we thought it was kind of weird to have such a small number.
Speaker 3: Then, yeah, I mean all year we have been complaining that there wasn't enough people in the Tournament of Champions.
Speaker 2: Turns out there is it always?
Speaker 3: It always finds a way, So yeah, March we had already screwed up. You're the third person in the Hall of Fame. Uh, first time in the hall? Yes, okay, So yeah, I thought, because there's a couple of palls out there and they all kind of like bleed together. But I remember you. It was very exciting. You've been waiting a long time.
Speaker 2: March.
Speaker 3: You went in, Yes, who okay, dude, Well, I don't know, can you practice at this? We asked people that during the summer summer sizzler that you can practice for this.
Speaker 2: You can't. Can you not?
Speaker 14: Really?
Speaker 9: With the delay, it's totally different.
Speaker 2: Come on, with this delay. You're a champion. You're a five day champion. We don't talk about the delay. That's something that Nubes.
Speaker 3: Rooks all those people talk about the delay, not five day champions.
Speaker 2: Come on, say good morning to Autumn. Autumn, you finally poked it through and you got into the Hall of Fame this year for the first time. I did.
Speaker 12: Good morning, guys, Hi.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: How many times did you play this year to get into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: I feel like you've been. You were on a couple of times.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I played in May and then I got in in August.
Speaker 2: Okay, so just just two times?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Well, first timers in the Hall of Fame. I don't know if you heard what happened yesterday, but I get it. You're running hot, and I think the I think I think Tommy Gunn was running hot.
Speaker 2: He jumped in there early first question and that didn't prove to be very good for him.
Speaker 3: So, Autumn, I don't have one that's tailored for you being on the game, but two fierce warriors entering Thunderdome, one of you will leave victorious in advance into the Grade eight. One of you goes home after working so hard to get here. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 2: My team here, Paul, Autumn, shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 3: Question number one, good luck. What is Joker's girlfriend's name?
Speaker 9: Autumn?
Speaker 12: Harley Quinn on.
Speaker 3: The board shot him bad heads ahead Tournament of Champions just like that.
Speaker 2: Paul is not a batman guy.
Speaker 9: I just don't know Joker's girlfriend.
Speaker 2: So do you know it now though? Harley Quinn?
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, brain now.
Speaker 2: Margot Robbie right played her, yeah, one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lady Gaga played her in the last one.
Speaker 4: The Harley Quinn with the baseball bat.
Speaker 5: That's the one that like every girl had to be for Halloween at least one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one year. Everybody was, even little kids. I was like, it's uncomfortable. All the Autumn on the board. Paul, didn't hear from you on that one. Question number two, what three colors are on the USA flag?
Speaker 2: Looking at my team on that one.
Speaker 4: I think I think it was.
Speaker 2: As well, Paul, red white and blue, red white and.
Speaker 15: Blue, like Autumn was way louder, but under and he had such a deeper boy right, but first the first very close, nearly a time.
Speaker 16: The next one then.
Speaker 4: He just letting you know what we heard.
Speaker 13: Poo, it's.
Speaker 2: Try that, don't try that, don't try anything new, Paul.
Speaker 4: Guys, come on, guys, you're.
Speaker 3: Five day Jammy, don't listen to me. Question number three for the win Paul and Autumn. What band released the Black Parade in twenty automnu.
Speaker 2: Paul three.
Speaker 7: One?
Speaker 2: Autumn what band released? Paul? You knew that? Paul? I know you knew that. I know that you knew that.
Speaker 4: I love them? Not letting you finish the question, Autumn, I love it.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 2: As Autumn likes to say in her victory speeches, chicks rule in boys drool. I believe she's known for that, and Paul is drooling.
Speaker 3: Could not come up with Mike Kim Paul, thanks for.
Speaker 2: Playing this year, and you're gonna perfectly. We're gonna hear you next year. Oh yeah, all right, Paul, thank you, bro.
Speaker 11: Awesome way.
Speaker 2: Congratulations you're advancing into the grade eight.
Speaker 3: Uh you take it on the bird Man on I did Thursday, December twelfth, Did you hear him yesterday?
Speaker 11: I did?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, get in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He he's playing like a guy that really wants to be around again for a long time in this tournament. Autumn, Congratulations, I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for your victory speech. Great eight material right here tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Every game is huge, double O seven Sean Connery, he's been around, taking on Arthur. Gonna change up all the music and everything for these guys.
Speaker 2: Great job today, Autumn. You were listening to The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, The buzz Eman Essence with Paul McCoy and Bring Me to Life rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: It's not anything that I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Okay, what this is the best radio on the radio with these with this fresh out of bed head ahead Tournament of Champions, Oh for sure. I mean if you have been if you've been up with us in homeroom and you've been listening to these characters all year long and talking trash with one of those and her victory speech is a classic that you're about to hear instantly.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm here for it every morning, and just I'm here to listen to the game and to see what happens because it's an unknown with these people playing one another. Uh ten percent chance of rain partly cloudy high of sixty seven.
Speaker 14: The fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 12: Good morning everybody. This is Autumn kicking around for the French out of bed Head to Head Tournament of Champions, punching my ticket.
Speaker 4: To the grade eighth.
Speaker 12: You know how I do it. Boys drool and girls druel join me on Thursday, December twelve as I take on the Birdman, and you're gonna find out that Autumn knows bitches.
Speaker 14: I mean.
Speaker 2: This is catchphrase. Yeah, that's Birdman's catchphrase. Yeah, Autumn just jumped.
Speaker 4: On it in stant rivalry all right.
Speaker 3: Sean Connery and Arthur Tomorrow, Yes, gotta change up the music, Alex gotta put a million things in for this.
Speaker 2: Og Ben has a little prediction for you.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's what O?
Speaker 2: G Ben? Og Ben? Not the tournament the sime I'm looking for him on the other side.
Speaker 3: Nobody asked, but I'm picking Tomorrow's winner to go the distance.
Speaker 2: I played double O seven twice once in the tournament. I won.
Speaker 3: I was Arthur's Day five win. This year, Tomorrow's winner will win it all. According to og Ben, that's bull, that's bull, Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, did you need another storyline? To tune in tomorrow morning at six twenty for the game.
Speaker 11: I love it.
Speaker 4: It's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 2: We make you look smart.
Speaker 7: Body Back to the day.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get into some fun facts for you, and I'm gonna flash back for a Oh yeah, really good price and tickets coming up.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Here's some new fun facts for you today. I'm doing this as well. We're misusing the word podium. What yeah, podium means a raised platform on the ground. The thing you stand behind and put your papers on is called a lectern.
Speaker 6: There's a difference, like Olympics and like metal zone. Yes, yes, like first, second, third, different height.
Speaker 2: But when the president is standing there, he's standing behind a lectern in the jungle gets to decide what we call things.
Speaker 4: Good logic. I like that here.
Speaker 2: Bad Santa? Is that is that on your list of like must watch every year? Right?
Speaker 4: And my dad, that's one of my dad's favorite movie.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's so I mean, Billy Bob Thornton. It just doesn't get better, It doesn't get better than him.
Speaker 7: Not wrong my gear and that.
Speaker 2: Kid, He's like, no, I don't want the sandwiches. What's the matter with Bad Santa?
Speaker 3: Is the most expletive filled Christmas movie of all time. Grand Champion has two hundred and fifty five swear words in it, and every one of them hits.
Speaker 4: They're so funny.
Speaker 2: Finally, Americans, that's us right.
Speaker 3: We will spend about thirty seven billion hours waiting in lines every year. Nice.
Speaker 2: I have zero tolerance.
Speaker 4: That's how I feel, zero tolerance.
Speaker 5: I can tell I could go on a rant right now, but we are in the homeroom hour.
Speaker 4: We don't have time.
Speaker 2: But I see you guys, I'm driving by.
Speaker 3: I don't participate, but I see these to go windows, and I see these cars.
Speaker 2: Just get out and go in.
Speaker 3: If you really want that junk food that much, no parking, go in.
Speaker 4: I'm even if. Okay, but what if you get down and the line is long? Like I thoted Cabo Bob's the line was out the door. He goes, it's going to be worth it.
Speaker 5: I nothing is, nothing is worth Finally and we waited, Alex, Nope, I.
Speaker 2: Won't do it. I finally got Trillberger.
Speaker 3: I was just we were just driving by and I said, oh mg, no line. There's a couple of spots open. I've been wanting to try bun bees Burgers. They're delicious, by the way, but I've driven past that place.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna go and wait in line.
Speaker 3: I'm not waiting with a with a line out the door. I just but but you guys will And it just amazes me.
Speaker 7: It's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 2: We make you look smart and your buddies. This the fuck's the day what you're giving away.
Speaker 5: I have a pair of tickets ce Jerry Cantrell out the House of Blues.
Speaker 2: All right, it's your fun.
Speaker 3: The television show Friends went through three other titles. First, I'll just take one of them and I'll give you those cantrail tickets. What was one of the three working titles of the television show Friends. That's obviously what they decided on seven, one, three, two five.
Speaker 2: Now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 3: Jesus guy might never come see us again. Hi, how brother Rod, Good morning, Good morning to you, my friend.
Speaker 2: How do you do? On Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 13: It was a Mixdale Wall Street, the daw was down one hundred and twenty eight points. Kick off this morning at forty four thousand, seven eighty two. NASTAC up one hundred and eighty five to nineteen thousand, four hundred and three best our ten year treasuries trading at a four point two to two percent, and oil stands at seventy dollars twenty one cents of Barrow.
Speaker 6: Two.
Speaker 13: Of the most active is the big studs, Microsoft, Amazon, and Apple. The big duds Amjen, JP, Morgan and Honeywell. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on auto sales for November right now, futures. Hey on theipside, hang on to this. This is gonna be apostive opening right on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 13: I'm out here. This is how LNN manage director with Raymon James reporting for the rod right. So from Raemy James on San Filippe and Agusta and don't forget they'll please rock out.
Speaker 2: We'll just stock out.
Speaker 8: Amy's expressed are those of hell Land and not necessarily those are Raymond James Associates in come Ever, NYT AS, IBC, Iron Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable. That is not Indeed, there's no insurance transmiss We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer, or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to. Your program is an educational and informational purposes are based on the movement.
Speaker 11: As reported by.
Speaker 3: Yah Night ninety four The Buzz Welcome back Rob Ryan's Show.
Speaker 7: Whoo, it's your fun.
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 4: Who's this?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 5: This is Frankie.
Speaker 2: This is Frankie Ford. Yes, Frankie Ford, won't you let me take you on a sea cruise? I still haven't listened to the song. Come on, all right, here's here's your question. Today's right in front of me. All right, here we go. No oh, I'll just skipped the question to give you.
Speaker 9: The answer like the other lady.
Speaker 2: Give me an answer. Friends like us Insomnia Cafe are six of one. You got it, You got it regular. There's so many I have so many papers over here.
Speaker 3: I apologize, but yeah, I was asking about one of the original names of friends.
Speaker 2: Frankie Ford.
Speaker 7: You won.
Speaker 5: You're going to the House of Lucy c Jerry Cantrell Live on February twenty six, because you know the backfat you got a big chunk of that backup.
Speaker 4: You squeezed it.
Speaker 9: Oh I got lost already, But thank.
Speaker 4: You for thank girl.
Speaker 3: Thanks all right, listenlations, go listen to Frankie ford S cruise.
Speaker 5: All right, love you guys, thank you, love you mean it what I said.
Speaker 2: Let's get right after it. We're running late here. You've got Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: So the fallout ramped into high gear yesterday from President Joe Biden's decision to grant his son Hunter a full and unconditional pardon.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend, and it was just coming from all directions.
Speaker 5: Reporters had a chance to talk with the White House Press Secretary on board Air Force one yesterday about his repeated denials, well about repeated denials by both the President and herself over the last few months that Biden would pardon his son. So she was like, President Biden made the decision over the weekend. He believes in justice systems, but he also believes that the raw politics infected the process and led to a miscarriage of justice. So a little bit of fallout from that. That's kind of still the big national headline. Also, I have an Enron update, the Houston company that underwent a spectacularly scandalous collapse, and Ron is apparently not attempting a comeback. And Ron declared bankruptcy twenty three years ago Monday, putting more than twenty five thousand people out of work. Yesterday, it's new owners launched a media blitz, with some eagle eyed observers almost immediately raising their eyebrows. It included a full page ad in the Houston Chronicle. It included billboards, a promotional video, and a website. Yeah, the website with merch and career opportunities.
Speaker 3: Instagram on there. We put it on our Instagram this morning. So do you have any insight, any new information on what they're doing?
Speaker 5: Not on what they're doing, but according to this word is now that the whole thing is just an elaborate prank of sorts. We don't know the point of the prank yet, but it is obviously a goof. But like Rod said, Rod's like the merch. The website's taking people's credit cards for like T shirts and stuff.
Speaker 2: Right, they're selling merch right now?
Speaker 4: Pretty wild? Pretty well, don't listen.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna tell you what to do with your money, but don't waste your money on that Today's Giving Tuesday.
Speaker 4: This is an event that launched in twenty twelve.
Speaker 5: It asks people to give either their money, their time, or their support to any number of causes.
Speaker 4: Last year, it's estimated that.
Speaker 5: Americans gave some three point one billion dollars about Giving Tuesday at.
Speaker 4: Thirty six people.
Speaker 5: Thirty six percent of people rather say they've heard of it, And we have some giving stats for this holiday. But we also have a link to the rod Ryan Show Care Store. Because all the merch at the rod Ryan Show Care Store is deeply discounted.
Speaker 4: It's still all for charity.
Speaker 5: So you know, there are a lot of great organizations, Okay, especially here in Houston. You got the Food Bank, you got the Police Foundation, the SBCA, But you know what, throw the rod Ryan Show Care Store in that stack. If you're deciding or feeling like you're in the giving mood today, go check out our blog page. You can donate with our link. I wanted to talk about this new Netflix show because the unsolved murder case of John Binney Ramsey is back in the spotlight with the recent release of the Netflix documentary Cold Case Who Killed John Boney Ramsey? This is the Netflix effect, guys. We saw this with the Menendez brothers.
Speaker 4: If you didn't know.
Speaker 5: During Christmas in nineteen ninety six, the six year old mom called nine to one one to report what she thought at the time was a kidnapping. But as we know, that young Beauty Queen was soon found in the basement of her family's home home and Boulder, Colorado dead. Now Bolder police say they are utilizing new DNA technology and detectives are still actively working on this case, which has been a mystery for so many years, but again back in the spotlight because of Netflix. Okay, remember when Morgan Wallan threw a chair from the balcony in Nashville that was at Eric Church's bar.
Speaker 4: And happen back in April.
Speaker 5: Torres have flooded to the spot looking for the scene of the crime. It was so popular that a sign was put up on the rooftop commemorating the act.
Speaker 4: The sign said, don't even think about it.
Speaker 5: You are not Morgan in so this was probably what a you know to deter people from being stupid. It's worth pointing out that Morgan's court date for three fellonycount of breckless endangerment is next week on.
Speaker 4: The twelfth, so.
Speaker 5: We'll see if he'll be remorseful, see if he gets any jail time.
Speaker 4: Those are houson ted lines.
Speaker 2: They're saying that he really has a shot at getting some jail time on this.
Speaker 4: They say, yeah, service.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: The battle he could hope for is a thirty to sixty day sentence. According to an insights, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He might do jail time for that. I don't think so. I don't think so either.
Speaker 5: Community service they'll get the year the CMA entertainer re.
Speaker 2: Do you I do some charity and it'll all go. I think you're right. The Policeman's Ball, he'll sponsor it.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 6: On Monday Night football, Broncos beat the Browns forty one to thirty two, and some Texans news linebacker is He's als Share apologize yesterday for his hit on Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence Sunday, saying that he would never intentionally try and injure another player. No word on what kind of fine al Shayer is going to be facing. He could also be looking at a suspension as well. He's been fined twice already this season for late hits and an altercation on the field. Texans are going to buy this week. Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna be playing the Kings up in Sacramento. Rockets are one and a half point favorites as of right now, tip offs at nine. You can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety That is it's going on in.
Speaker 7: Sports Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 11: The Rod Last The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four, five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rot Ryan Show. Welcome the seventh spot for carrying over from Home Room.
Speaker 3: Thank you for just joining the show. Wakey, Wakey, hands off Snakey. We got a busy, busy morning man and homeroom. It's extra busy the Tournament of Champions. Those games take a little bit longer, just with all the backstories and talking to these celebs. Autumn took on Paul, a couple of first time Hall of famers this morning. It was a great game. Alex would get that podcast very very soon. Alex, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Chili his twin. I get them screwed up sometime they look so much alike.
Speaker 3: Updating on the brackets, I can tell you that tomorrow. Sean Connery takes on Arthur, and these guys have been in the Hall of Fame before. That's gonna be a great game, even o g Ben you know the guy ooh be it. He said he played both of these guys before. He's got history with both of them. He has predicted that tomorrow's winner will be the winner of the entire tournament.
Speaker 2: Those are bold words. Man.
Speaker 3: You got goats and goat hunters and all kinds of people in this tournament. Okay, why is the carpat Todd White, Rodney Adam, the Cop, Sammy Baker, Davis Junior.
Speaker 2: You think they like hearing that?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think they do.
Speaker 2: Okay, And what about Abby?
Speaker 3: Abby wants to come in here and kick a little ass.
Speaker 2: Yes, we got a chick versus check in the last game of the year. Abbey's on the other side of the brackets, right, Yeah, so you.
Speaker 3: Got a A and you got Autumn beach in the middle, sister Abby, Autumn last game of the year.
Speaker 2: That would be awesome.
Speaker 3: Brackets are on links and guests the rod Ryan Show care Store. I know it's Giving Tuesday. I mean, can you keep up? Black Friday?
Speaker 14: Was it?
Speaker 2: Shop Local Saturday? Shop Saturday and then Monday was a cyber Monday. Today's Giving Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow, let's just do what you want Wednesday, I guess. But yeah, today's Giving Tuesday. So the rod Ryan Shoke Care Store, I've got a bunch of extra merchandise. It's all deeply discounted. The money still goes to charity. It still stays local, all of the money. And now I get all that money. I've already paid for those shirts, I believe. I don't know, deb have I paid for those shirts?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But so I went in there and I bought a couple of things yesterday.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that we had any more of those, like Stanley ripoffs, those cups.
Speaker 2: I love that thing. I use mine all the time. But you know, I'm a Yetti guy.
Speaker 4: Now, well, I hear that, I see and I hear, and I observe.
Speaker 2: I got drafted by Yetti.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's getting called to the bigs.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going to say, no, big leagues. I got drafted by Yetti.
Speaker 3: So they picked me up for a six round draft pick and a six pack?
Speaker 4: What are you going to the store?
Speaker 2: Did you already go?
Speaker 3: I'm going to be there on Thursday, the one in the Woodlands from noon to two, dude.
Speaker 2: So I'm doing some shopping.
Speaker 5: So just so you guys know, say your credit cards in danger at that store because everything is so good. They have like little cop they have like a little espresso yetti.
Speaker 2: It's one thing. It's one thing to see like some yetti, Like even a couple of shelves of yetti. A whole store of yetti is so dangerous.
Speaker 4: Where's all the different beautiful colors.
Speaker 2: It's dangerous.
Speaker 4: I quite like it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'll be up in the Woodlands on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of rain today partly cloudy Hive sixty seven.
Speaker 2: We're an hour away from playing Chili Brown. Game.
Speaker 3: On the flip of this break, we're gonna hook you up with some A Wall Nation tickets, So stay there.
Speaker 7: Houston's rocking alternatives The.
Speaker 8: Rod lst The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan.
Speaker 3: Shump tickets tickets, tickets, Oh A Wall Nation tickets coming up.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy Hive sixty seven.
Speaker 3: Chili Brown one hour from now, and I saw a blue Cheo was back too.
Speaker 2: I heard that.
Speaker 3: Yeahs, I listened to the commercials on this radio station.
Speaker 2: Mister Blue Choo over there is back at it.
Speaker 4: Chilian the Blue Choes, great band.
Speaker 3: It's a Christmas miracle. It's a Christmas miracle. That's what Miss Christina calls it. What's trending.
Speaker 5: Avril Levine is bringing her Greatest Hits tour back on the road next year. She's got support from Simple Plan, We The Kings, and Fefe Dobson, so good news for her headlining. Looking at girls blog page, I'm obsessed with Averl, I'm glad she's had this resurgence of popularity. I'm glad Emo has her saying, you know what, we're selling enough tickets that we're going to continue this tour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the recipe seems to be And nobody has had more success than my Chemical Romance. They were not nearly as big when they called it quits back in the day, and then they came back and everybody lost their mind. All you gotta do is go away for a couple of years and then come back all years.
Speaker 5: Let some young kids discover your music like they found it, share it with their friends, and then yeah, yeah, the gen Z and then the millennials and everyone else like reunites.
Speaker 4: We're like, hey, we all like this.
Speaker 2: Okay, take that for like a TV show, maybe as a background. So yeah, maybe that's what some forty one is seeing.
Speaker 3: And they said, Okay, this is the last time we're touring because they're not done.
Speaker 2: Nobody's done. So yeah.
Speaker 3: Evral Levine, she wasn't nearly as popular back in her popularity days.
Speaker 2: Yeah that she is right now, she's killing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: People are worried about twenty twenty five because the calendar starts with Wednesday, so that means Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
Speaker 4: It starts with wtf.
Speaker 2: That happens every couple of years.
Speaker 5: Welus has happened? Was in twenty twenty Guys. I don't want to scare you, but people are not so chill about it. And then the Tatuesday, the tattooesday is the number one on blog page.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 5: You're looking at a girls blog page doing well as well, which we.
Speaker 4: Mentioned ever Levine on there.
Speaker 5: Britney Spears and Casey Musgraves got yanked on at a concert.
Speaker 4: I saw you had that on there as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yesterday was Britney's birthday, so of course we had to go look at see.
Speaker 2: Okay, what did this?
Speaker 3: What did this completely sane person post on their birthday?
Speaker 2: And she didn't disappoint with her little dance?
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 4: I love the comments and turned off. That's my favorite thing. Okay, that's what trending on ninety five.
Speaker 3: It should be at some point they're going to study.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a taught class at a college. It's going to be called Britney.
Speaker 3: Spears Instagram, and that that dance is going to have a name, and I.
Speaker 5: Will say exhibit A and it will be Kevin Fetterline who ruined my poor sweet girl?
Speaker 2: Oh you think? Oh really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh I do.
Speaker 4: I think I think she.
Speaker 2: Was completely normal before him.
Speaker 4: He was He was a gold digger.
Speaker 5: You guys always talk about gold diggers.
Speaker 4: He's like the biggest one ever.
Speaker 3: Lord, his gravy train is over that. That kid just turned eighteen. So these got the other one though, No, no, no, the youngest one is eighteen now.
Speaker 4: The youngest one turned eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think that the great train of uh.
Speaker 3: I think that money is either stopped or coming to a close, hopefully because he's getting the child support.
Speaker 2: I see, all right, what are you giving away.
Speaker 5: I have a pair of tickets to see a Wall Nation at the House of Blues.
Speaker 2: I hate Did I know that? Okay, you know hate? Did I know that stuff? I'm embarrassed.
Speaker 5: It wasn't trending story. Everyone was very happy that the child's report favorite like he was hurting eight.
Speaker 4: But really it's the last day.
Speaker 3: I think so much less of myself when I come out with that stuff, Like when I say it out loud, like I want to put.
Speaker 5: Everybody and I know things, spit it out at the top of your head.
Speaker 2: I don't want people to know that.
Speaker 7: I know that too late.
Speaker 2: We know, you know, I suck it? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: You're giving away tickets seven one three, two one two, five nine four five you call now the Rod.
Speaker 11: Ryan Show on ninety more five the bus for.
Speaker 2: Five, the bus good morn Ron Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: That's kind of like you were talking about Avril Lavigne, you know, The Killers. I was around for that when it was a new song and it did well.
Speaker 4: It was a great song.
Speaker 2: It was a well tested song. It was a hit. It came in heavy rotation, of course, and then it did what songs do, boom.
Speaker 3: It just kind of you know, floats away and then you kind of sprinkle it in every now and then. I don't know if it's sports teams or what the resurgences of that song, but that song's bigger than it's ever been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just right now.
Speaker 1: But it was.
Speaker 3: It already had if time as a hit song, but for some reason it mellowed out, it chilled out for a while. The Bills are now using that. I know some sports stadiums are using it.
Speaker 2: I don't know she always used it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what the specific specific thing is. It's during the game at some point the Bills are playing that song now.
Speaker 6: It's like a Sweet Caroline though it's become that where like Creed has kind of done that too over the last couple of years as well, where you just like drunk people in a bar.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows the words too.
Speaker 6: There's guys, ten to fifteen songs out there that everybody in the world pretty much knows the words too. And when you play it and people have been drinking, they're all going to sing it.
Speaker 3: Probably is social media and it is TikTok that where that song had a resurgence.
Speaker 1: Because it's just rocks.
Speaker 2: It's bigger than it was when it was a hit right now, But you're right. Somebody told me it was probably the bigger one of those. It's it's a sweet Caroline, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 6: It's that the meme is always like the drunk white people's songs, like that's what that.
Speaker 4: I like it too, Alex.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it's exclusively to white people.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance to Ray Party Claude Hive sixty seven. Go to the phones here, Good morning rod Ryan's show. Hello, Hello, oh boy, Hi hello Yon.
Speaker 2: Pretty good. If we can talk, we can kind of connect here. I'll be doing better. Can you hear me?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I can hear. What's your name? Your caller?
Speaker 7: Ten?
Speaker 16: That's what I'm talking about, baby.
Speaker 2: What do you give in Jordan?
Speaker 5: Jordan, you get the al Nation tickets they're playing House of Blues April first.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, nice, nice, Thank you dude, Thanks so much for listening. Appreciate you being on board with us every morning. Jordan, Yeah, no problem, Thank you. Hang on for me.
Speaker 3: Chili Blue Choe over, there's gonna set you up, Ashley with an I said, is our Chili and the Blue Choes playing the iHeart jingle Ball?
Speaker 4: Probably special guest, so.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, I think you would ask me. I was kind of making fun of TV.
Speaker 4: People, you know, because we can't believe it's December.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can't believe.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like you guys just don't have anything to stay on TV or you're not allowed to say anything. But TV people use that line all with it. Can you believe it's already December? Or can you believe there's only three weeks left of the year.
Speaker 5: I think with the way the news cycle moves and the way you have to like book so furiously, it's like you kind of you do this thing where you go, go, go, go, go, because you're always thinking about the next show, and then you like look up and you're like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Are we already in December?
Speaker 5: That's how it feels like it flies by so quickly. There's there's so much going on on the back end to get just the news part over. So I think when people find like when I finally sit down at the desk.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what crap, it's December.
Speaker 3: It's like we've I don't think TV people have anything to say. I think that's why they say that, because they don't really have anything. There's no personality though, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a cliched thing. You do a different kind of TV show.
Speaker 4: Thank god.
Speaker 2: All the people that have the kind of news they don't have time to, like talk about their brady kids.
Speaker 4: I don't think they should insert like themselves so much. When it's serious news.
Speaker 5: It's hard to insert, like I've got three kids crying at home.
Speaker 4: So there's a murder.
Speaker 3: Yesterday you had said, well, Ron, don't you think that today? This year went by quick though?
Speaker 2: And I didn't. But I just saw. I had a moment, So I had a moment. So I'm looking.
Speaker 3: There's a list up and it's the greatest TV shows in twenty twenty four. Uh huh, And of course I'm looking. Okay, where's the Bear? The Bear is the best show on TV? According to me?
Speaker 4: Yes, Chef.
Speaker 2: Sixteenth place, way low on the list.
Speaker 4: Well, wasn't it like a new season, like a season two or three?
Speaker 2: Was that the first?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: But I mean it was on in twenty twenty four, and I still think it's the best thing on TV.
Speaker 3: But I don't watch a lot of this stuff. Show Gun was number one. Anne Rice's interview with a vampire on AMC was two. Baby Reindeer.
Speaker 2: That was good. Was three. We had talked so much about that show. I still have not finished in a movie. There's that. It was a TV show.
Speaker 3: It was a sixth part TV show, and I could not get past four.
Speaker 2: I still have not watched and people are keep telling me you've got it.
Speaker 3: It'll come together, You'll figure out why this guy is the way that he is. I just couldn't get Four was so crazy. Yeah, that it ruined me. I'm like, I can't watch another minute.
Speaker 2: Of this show.
Speaker 3: And people have begged me to watch episodes five and six. I oh my god, it was. And then I turned my neighbors onto it. They think I'm a weirdo now and I'm like, I don't like it.
Speaker 4: I'm just telling you, what, may I recommend.
Speaker 5: The craziest, darkest, cringiest, It's not show you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Just because I mentioned something is not a recommendation. And that's how I had to always preface Baby Reindeer.
Speaker 5: But the shock value you saying that you can't finish in someone out there, Joe, what couldn't you let.
Speaker 2: Me go do this?
Speaker 3: Well, let me see what Rod couldn't finish it right. Well, let me tell you your life's going to be different. So here's here's where my here's where my moment came in where I thought, Okay, maybe this year did go by pretty quick.
Speaker 2: I'm looking on the list. I'm like, okay, okay, I don't watch any of this stuff.
Speaker 3: Mister and missus Smith, the Traders have an elementary. I don't watch this stuff, right, I'm like, where is Succession? Succession is one of the best shows.
Speaker 2: On TV before this year, Dude. I had to look it up.
Speaker 3: I know I watched the ending of Succession this year, didn't I No, I didn't. I watched it on May twenty eighth, twenty twenty three, Succession ended.
Speaker 2: I thought I watched that show this year, So maybe this year did go by quick. See, maybe it did go by quick.
Speaker 3: I would have put I would have put one hundred dollars that the finale of Succession was this year.
Speaker 7: It was May of last year.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe the year did go back.
Speaker 4: You know what it really got Revin October.
Speaker 5: I feel like once we hit October with like monster jam, the twentieth year anniversary, like the year, the days and the weeks. I mean, I was like, oh my, I've never been busier. I can honestly, genuinely say I've never been busier in my life.
Speaker 3: September is when we started doing the parties to give away tickets, and I.
Speaker 2: Was out quite a bit. And then the actual party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, once September hit that, we were in overdrive around here, and it did go by really quick.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, there's a list out there of these best TV shows I just said the week. Maybe it's a suggestion for if you got some time off at Christmas time to pick up a new show, The Right.
Speaker 7: Right Show celebrating twenty years ninety four.
Speaker 2: Five The Bus four or five, The Buzz bad Omens and.
Speaker 3: Just pretend good Morning rod Ryan's Show. All right, we've got to.
Speaker 2: Make some preparations here. We gotta make room.
Speaker 3: Chili Brown's gonna be in studio with us next hour, so we're gonna get rolling with the Chili Brown game. And that's for that old Elite Wrestling a e W going down in Arlington. Tickets aren't even on salea so that's gonna be fun. Man eight twenty I am here for it. Cannot wait, do not miss the Chili Brown Game.
Speaker 2: Next hour Rock and.
Speaker 7: Alternative Fair Houston, The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 11: Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: All Right, ninety four five, The Buzz rod Ryan Show tat Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Oh what's that? What you got there?
Speaker 2: Buden? So it's the Chili Brown Game. Yeah, mixed hour.
Speaker 3: Peppermint starlights candy.
Speaker 2: Really easy to describe. They look like peppermint sticks, but they're round the mints, classic pepper mint pepper mints.
Speaker 4: So not only these are very dense, these like he can't like big. Yeah, he'll be.
Speaker 2: Careful, but Chili Brown's gonna have wonderful breath.
Speaker 4: The act to be careful.
Speaker 2: You have wonderful breath.
Speaker 3: That intoxicating colony wears out.
Speaker 2: String, a little blue shoe, unstoppable. He's a killer. Yeah, Chili's a killer today.
Speaker 3: Sasin Chili Brown Game coming up at eight twenty this morning, partly Claude's Guys for all of us ten percent chance of rain high sixty seven.
Speaker 2: Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: President elect Donald Trump is sending a warning to the Palestinian militant group HAMAS, demanding the release of all remaining October seventh hostages in a post made yesterday on True Social Trump warned that there will be hell to pay if they are not immediately released before he returns to office.
Speaker 4: On January twentieth.
Speaker 5: A Houston company that underwent a spectacularly scandalous collapse may be attempting a comeback. And Ron declared bankruptcy twenty three years ago, and today, excuse me, yesterday that that same company, en Ron, launched a media blitz.
Speaker 4: So yesterday they took out.
Speaker 5: Like a full page ad in the Houston Chronicle. There were two billboards, and there was a promotional video. The company also has a new website, like a reimagined website that offers merch and career opportunities. Upon further review, people are suspecting that this is just an elaborate prank of sorts, but no one knows the point of the prank.
Speaker 2: I wonder if think about this.
Speaker 3: If you're in the sales department and you're selling them billboards, which I've seen a billboard or the ad in the Kron, you don't want to You don't want to promote somebody that's going to be scamming people, right. I wonder if they've got to give them some inside information, Like, listen, here's what we're doing. We want to buy a full page ad and here's our intention. Yeah. Now the Houston Chronicle might just say I don't care what you're doing. We just want your money.
Speaker 4: And we need the advertising dollars.
Speaker 3: I don't know that there's there's got to be some morality thing when you when you accept advertising dollars, you're not doing it. You're not taking money from a scam artist. So I wonder if they know.
Speaker 4: I wonder if the.
Speaker 2: People that take anybody's money.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. I'm saying to newspapers are in trouble. They will take your money. But still you would not want to promote something that's going to because they're selling merch right now and they're taking credit.
Speaker 5: Cards right you don't want to. But I mean, the billboards, it's like free speech. Like here, it's your billboard.
Speaker 4: You paid for it. Whatever you want with it.
Speaker 3: Could an online guy like Jake Paul or mister Beast or somebody, would they have the means to go and buy and Ron dot com and go and get that.
Speaker 4: I definitely have the means and do.
Speaker 3: Something with it. Is there is there some kind of a joke involved. Is there some sort of I mean, we're gonna find out what the endgame is in seven days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's like a countdown clock that expires on I think next Monday.
Speaker 2: It'll be a big nothing burger.
Speaker 3: If it's just a guy that's selling T shirts, like a waste.
Speaker 4: Of money too.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they don't know what they had to pay for it. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, let's talk about having fun. Because while at hub dot com ranked the most fun cities in America, and Houston finally gets on a top ten list. Now according to the results, I believe it's Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: And Orlando that are one and two.
Speaker 5: But they based us on seventy excuse me, sixty five different metrics like bars, restaurants, how many festivals the city has. They even like factored in like the closest bowling alley, maybe some fro God, they.
Speaker 3: Look at fun morning shows contributing to the fun of the overall fun of the city.
Speaker 4: They had to they had to, it must have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's what I think got us into the top ten.
Speaker 5: Well we're before here's the thing, So it goes Vegas, Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, New Orleans, Austin, San Francisco, Chicago, and that it's Houston and New York.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so nine and ten, I'm dancing like a monkey every morning for you guys. Yeah, I'm thinking that I might be helping out the fun situation here you are.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 5: The city wallet Hub also ranked the five cheapest.
Speaker 4: Cities for fun.
Speaker 5: They are as follows, Toledo, Wichita, Montgomery, Alabama, Fayetteville, North Carolina, and Oklahoma City.
Speaker 2: What are these non fun places?
Speaker 4: These are the five cheapest city for fun?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 5: Did you remember Danny Pintaro from Who's the Boss?
Speaker 2: He the non Alissa Milano kid, the other kid. Really you don't know it? Like, do you know that's where Alyssa Milano came from?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: Or you thought she was just a witch. But she guys knows the recon on our rescue. Oh okay, she.
Speaker 5: Does, so okay anyway, anyway, Danny did not have the happiest Thanksgiving. In fact, he almost died in a scooner accident. He said the bike ling he was riding in was blocked with cones and he had to choose between a van and a pylon and the pylon injured his arm, his chest, his shoulders, his stomach.
Speaker 4: He needed emergency surgery.
Speaker 5: He had a tear in his stomach, so he found out he had an infection in his bloodstream.
Speaker 2: Yikes.
Speaker 4: He's still in the hospital, but he's hoping to be released.
Speaker 5: In my Chemical Romance posted their condolences for Bob on Instagram. Yesterday, we talked about how Bryant was found dead in his home in Tennessee about.
Speaker 4: A week ago.
Speaker 5: They basically say with a heavy heart that they say goodbye to him. He was their former bandmate. He was an important part of the history of the band. You can go read the full post on the music blog page.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's.
Speaker 2: Headline Take It Alex.
Speaker 6: On Monday Night Football, the Bronco has beat the Browns forty one to thirty two. Denver had a pick six in the final two minutes to seal the game. They had previously been up thirty four to thirty two, with the Browns driving in that one.
Speaker 4: In St.
Speaker 6: Texans News, linebacker is He's Al Shayir apologized yesterday for his hit on Jaguarsh quarterback Trevor Lawrence Sunday, saying that he would never intentionally try and injure another player. No words on what kind of suspension or fine he will be getting, but I would imagine he's definitely gonna get some sort of suspension. This is the third incident he's had. He had a late hit against Tony Pollard on the Titans, and he punched a Bears player on that Sunday night game.
Speaker 2: Still good dude, I'm sure still a great dude. Just his football.
Speaker 4: It's a blackdown teams R.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Fortunately, text me to be in a buye this week. Rockets will be back in action tonight. They're in Sacramento to take on the Kings. They're one and a half point favorites as of right now, tip offs at nine. You can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six AM, The Buzz, There.
Speaker 2: We Go, ninety four five The Buzz Green Day.
Speaker 3: An American idiot had a point port of show hip Hop What do you Got? Eight oh five Chili Brown in studio with us at about fifteen minutes, excited about a Christmas edition of the Chili Brown Game. There's only a couple of weeks left, only a couple of weeks left. This guy, I know, he thinks I'm working them. Okay, there hasn't been that many games.
Speaker 2: There's only a couple of Thanksgiving ones. There's a couple of Halloween ones. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We went late on some of that stuff. I don't know. I don't feel like there's been enough chili brown either. I don't feel like. I mean, I can't get an You can't.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. You're addicted. So it'll always feel that way.
Speaker 2: He's never enough chili brown. All right, So that's coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 3: They got to get their day strade over here. Today's National green Bean Cast Roll Day. Well, your host yesterday told you to polish all that stuff off and get rid of it.
Speaker 2: That's sure, eat it or chuck it?
Speaker 1: What other?
Speaker 2: What else are you're gonna make? Green bean castle?
Speaker 11: Role?
Speaker 2: Outside of Thanksgiving? That's what I made.
Speaker 6: I contributed to my family's Thanksgiving, and I realized that's literally the easiest that you can make unless you buy something.
Speaker 2: The cranberries are pretty easy to make. Just get buy a can.
Speaker 3: So did you just do green beans and crab a mushroom soup, and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you get the little those you put a little milk in it, and the French onions.
Speaker 2: Onions. Yeah, I could eat a whole my toxic trade.
Speaker 3: I could eat a whole canister of those dried onions pretty good.
Speaker 6: I ripped the seal part of it accidentally, and then I was like, well, probably not gonna make it more green bean castro. After this, I just was munching on the whole time. I was waiting on to finish kicking.
Speaker 11: You know what.
Speaker 2: They're delightful on a salad. I'm a salad guy, big salad guy at the house. I bet that would be pretty sick, would be wonderful.
Speaker 3: So today's National green Bean cast all day to throw all your laftovers yesterday yesterday was clean out your fridge day or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: It's like, get on track.
Speaker 4: Guys, figure it out.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous. I mean, who.
Speaker 1: Chose is there is?
Speaker 2: There is there a long table with people with suits on that come up with these days. Just goes to show you I don't know what they're doing. They don't. Nobody knows what they're doing. Nobody knows.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Enron story is on Links and Guests Enron might be back. I don't know. It smells, it doesn't smell. It's certainly not.
Speaker 3: The Enron that we knew, and that's a that's a sore subject for a lot of people. A lot of people have parents and grandparents that worked there, that lost a ton of cash, So it's a very sore subject for a lot of people. Enron will not be back the way that Enron was back. Did somebody go out and purchase the name Enron? Yeah, they sure did. What what are they coming back as?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Right now, they're selling water bottles and T shirts, which you know is competition for me the onion behind this, right, Okay, so they just info wars yep, malex junk. That's the best theory I've heard yet, because I was thinking of mister Beast or Jake Pauli or his brother something Paul fighting. Yeah, they're not doing like internet stunts anymore. What about that idiot that wrecked his car and kept the camera rolling?
Speaker 2: Did he buy inron dot com? I don't think I'm not even giving that kid his name up there. Yeah, we don't say that name. Yeah, he ruined like a one hundred thousand dollars car and he's like, just keep it rolling, bro give me. I'm believing.
Speaker 3: Stowly Brand Vodka has filed for bankruptcy. That's on the food blog page. I'll tell you what. Yeah, I had a moment with Slowly Oh back in the day, I mean twenty five years ago.
Speaker 2: Slowly Oh, Stowly Orange.
Speaker 4: Oh, they had Stolely blueberry that has vanilla. They had kind of all the flavors going orange might have come out first.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you're going to step out and go fruity, orange is a pretty good one to kind of like, it's such a nice blend with everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Snaia, but that's not so rock is puffy rightuff Daddy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't drink that anymore.
Speaker 3: So when I first heard that there was a going under, it's got to be puff Daddy's.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Slowly Brand Vodkas filed for bankruptcy, which again, you know, I don't know. I don't know how to use that stuff in business. That's why I'm not in business anymore.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you look at Russia. Is at Russia's fault? Well, I'm asking of business.
Speaker 2: Does anybody think.
Speaker 3: You're not going to be able to find they filed for bankruptcy. Does anybody think you're not going to be able to get slowly all through the holidays if you wanted to wherever you go buy your specs and all that.
Speaker 2: Stuff, get why you can? Yeah? So you know.
Speaker 5: Branding, Oh that was in twenty Yeah, I mean it's our fault.
Speaker 2: We didn't drink.
Speaker 4: It's your fault.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I had a moment. There was a moment where there's slowly oh going on quite a bit.
Speaker 4: It's blueberry in sprite. I thought that was a cute order.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I pieced out after the after the orange.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with the vanilla little Solly vanilla dyke coke.
Speaker 2: Already half a man. I can't be running around with a blue drink.
Speaker 4: It's not blue, it's clear. I said, blueberries. That's what you do.
Speaker 2: It's not for me.
Speaker 4: That's what you take every morning.
Speaker 2: I asked him to give me a deal on it. I'm like, bro, where's the deal.
Speaker 4: Is there a parade?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Zero? Is there a coolie? Can I mention? I know chili? I heard one.
Speaker 4: Commercial from you gotta use code word chile.
Speaker 2: Did you spell that for me? Hey, chilie chili brown gonna be joining us in the studio. Does everybody know what a mint is? You know what a free peppermint? It's white with red deals on it, and it's it's a hard candy. It's hard that goes hard. That's everything's blue shoo around here?
Speaker 4: All right, so many references.
Speaker 2: Let's okay, stick to the candy signature.
Speaker 3: Select candy is great for chopping and stirring into sugar and butter, cookie dough before baking, decorating baked cookies, cupcakes and brownies, toppings for ice cream, frozen yogurt, and sundays. Adding a surprise to trail mix. These are just some serving suggestions.
Speaker 4: Add a surprise to trail mix. If anyone ever add attached to my trailbix, I.
Speaker 2: Would kill you.
Speaker 4: What the hell are you doing?
Speaker 2: I would think you were trying to kill me? Yeah, weird. If you busted these things up and put it.
Speaker 3: In my trail mix, that's like, why don't you just break my windshield and put it into my trail mix?
Speaker 4: It's follow us from more hats, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, Chili, we're not gonna break these up. Okay, You're gonna put them in a hole, all right, So I don't want to. I don't want to cut that delicate mouth of yours. Chili's gonna be reading from the Chili Brown Christmas Book. He will, he will have these delicious peppermint Starlight candies in his mouth.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for the reading.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get set up for this game, and we're gonna come back and get it rolling.
Speaker 1: Houston's Rock, Houston's.
Speaker 7: Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show. Getting ready for the Chili Brown Game Christmas Edition.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of rain party, Cloudy Skies pies of around sixty seven. Yesterday we were talking about it was the cutoff for the Thanksgiving foods Now, you're kind of risking it for the biscuit if you're eating it now. Mike Walker, I don't know if he worked in a restaurant before he sent me a picture.
Speaker 2: He goes, thanks for the reminder.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we made this badass cold evening ham and mashed potato soup. We bought leaks from the store, but everything else was leftovers.
Speaker 2: Put a little sour cream in there, dude. That's I'm a soup guy.
Speaker 4: That sounds really good. I'm a soup guy, and you're a ham guy and your potato guy.
Speaker 2: I know that's why I look the way I do soup.
Speaker 3: That soup looks delicious, dude, way to go. I mean that's what I did at the restaurant. Everything had a second life in the restaurant. If anybody sells bread pudding, that means it's all their stale bread.
Speaker 2: You make it in house. You take all your stale bread and you make bread putting. It's delicious.
Speaker 11: I told you.
Speaker 4: We did the smoke turkey gumbo the next day at my house.
Speaker 2: Two days later it was so I bet it was all right. What's trending?
Speaker 5: H you know Tom Brady thirst trapping on the gram. He's got a shirt off. Maybe to a little fishing.
Speaker 2: I saw Eli got back at a nice little minnow.
Speaker 3: He said, like, so Eli put on a picture, Eli, a picture of a bigger fish.
Speaker 2: It's like, not only did I beat you in two Super Bowls, but look at my fish. Yeah, nice nice little minnow.
Speaker 5: Elana mar is going to play rugby for the Bristol Bears in the UK.
Speaker 4: I just thought you should know, since you are written by women and you I.
Speaker 2: Already put it already put her on looking at girls.
Speaker 4: There you go and then.
Speaker 7: Trending.
Speaker 2: They just gave him a three game suspension.
Speaker 5: No, but they it should be and you that's your that's going to be your sports headline. Is that to severe or is that appropriate?
Speaker 1: I think it's.
Speaker 3: Appropriate because he's not a first time offenders. He's gotten dinged for a few.
Speaker 2: Other banks the last game of the regular season.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, since Alex took the third trend, I can't tell you which Christmas song aligns with your zodiacs.
Speaker 4: But that's fine. That's just trending our ninety four five Alex, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Lie Brown, Hey, Chili, there's my guy right there. Is ready to go? Are you well? I don't know. You look ready to go.
Speaker 1: I always look ready to go, but mentally I'm not.
Speaker 3: The Peppermint Starlight Candy is ready to go, the Charles Schultz classic, Charlie Brown Christmas is ready to go.
Speaker 1: Those aren't corn though, candy Corn supposed to be Kny Corner Cone.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's not Cone, Bro. That was so that was two holidays ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, three Christmas, Baby, what do you want to see?
Speaker 2: I was thinking because these look like they look like candy canes. We can't. They'd be like putting.
Speaker 4: Prison shanks daggers in your mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we couldn't do candy canes. This is the closes you can get the candy canes.
Speaker 1: Bro I already got a jacked up mouth. Man, You're gonna jag it.
Speaker 2: Out the more. This is perfect for you.
Speaker 4: A jacket up more.
Speaker 2: You're not chewing okay, blue chew. You're not chewing these, You're just sucking on them and.
Speaker 7: Reading them chili dogs.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm waiting.
Speaker 3: Would you line up three players and make sure they do get make sure they know what we're using.
Speaker 2: Okay, I you're right. This is like one singular candy that I'm holding up on the camera right now.
Speaker 1: Just peppermans that you get at the doctor's office time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, believe in your favorite restaurant.
Speaker 4: What do you think I think this is? I they we're playing a dangerous game with this hard candy.
Speaker 7: But I'm here for it.
Speaker 3: I too like to live dangerous edge, and I like I like my producer living danger Okay, all right, Chili.
Speaker 1: That beats wasn't bad enough to leave dangerously.
Speaker 2: Chili three players please? Seven one three Chili brown next This holiday season brought to you by Dad.
Speaker 1: Dad gets them today available wherever products.
Speaker 7: So The Ryan Show Mornings ninety four five, The Buns ninety four five, The Buzz popa roach and scars.
Speaker 2: I know Chili likes that. So that's got of pumped up for the game. He's a big p roach guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all those scars in the mouth of a bucket, cappin.
Speaker 2: Chance of rain. It's giving Tuesday. I appreciate you giving up everything for the for the for the game, for the show here.
Speaker 1: That's why we the number what city the fund city like fun city?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're top ten, top ten chance of rain part of the Claudis guys hies today of around sixty seven.
Speaker 7: There he is.
Speaker 2: There, he is my man, Chili Brown. What was going on Fellas yesterday?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll ask uh, I'll ask the team here. Yesterday was cyber Monday. Did Chili make an online purchase yesterday?
Speaker 2: What is your guess? I would say that would be my guest. I would say that does he buy things? I don't know what does he do over that?
Speaker 4: Think he did it yesterday? I stually busy Monday coming back to work and all.
Speaker 2: Any online purchases yesterday.
Speaker 1: I almost did, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, you stopped yourself.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for shoulder braces.
Speaker 4: Shoulder braces.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm getting old Man. My joints and everything aches on me.
Speaker 2: My god.
Speaker 4: That is the old.
Speaker 2: Like the Forrest Gump leg braces, but for your shoulders.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Just give him the candy.
Speaker 1: Okay, like a torn wrote, a rotator, cub, all that stuff.
Speaker 5: You're sleeping too much, almost sleeping wrong.
Speaker 1: One of those shoulder pillows.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When you go to old man dot com and they didn't have any specials, I did it.
Speaker 4: Here we go be your shoulder pulling a cry on.
Speaker 2: Hey Shane, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Hi Shane. Looks like you're gonna play the Chili Brown game today. You're gonna be guessing first after we listen to Chili's reading.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you know what we're playing with today, Shane? Do you know what he's uh, what he's gonna be putting in his yapper.
Speaker 3: It's these peppermints. It's so it's a peppermint. It's about the size of a quarter. Okay, you know it's the red and white peppermints that you see when you're walking out of a restaurant. Okay, that's what he's going to be. Uh, that's what he's gonna have in his mouth when he does the reading today. So they're about the size of a quarter. They're thick though, yeah theick.
Speaker 2: Hey Ryan, good morning thick candy Thursday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Ryan, you're gonna be guessing twice or the second person to guess how many of these peppermints are going to be in Chili's mouth when he does the reading. Okay, you know what he's using today, right, Okay, Ryan, good luck to you in get in my mouth. Finally, contested number three is Dante. Hello Dante, Good morning Dante. So Chili's gonna be placing these, uh, these peppermints. That's the end of the GAMETEO, are gonna go to Chili's mouse.
Speaker 2: He's gonna read.
Speaker 3: You're going to bid essentially on how many are in Chili's mouth.
Speaker 2: Okay, Chili, let's take him in.
Speaker 13: Here we go.
Speaker 2: We got Shane, Ryan, and Dante all listening what's about to happen here? All right, here we go. They all went in. All right, here we go.
Speaker 5: Pick a page please, let's go nine times, page nine please, Okay.
Speaker 2: Page nine, Chili Brown.
Speaker 3: It's Charlie Brown, Christmas, the Great Charles Schultz ol, Hey, don't chew those, because that's where it gets a little sharp.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're not blue choos.
Speaker 2: Here we go, don't chew.
Speaker 1: Taste so good?
Speaker 2: All right, Here we go.
Speaker 17: Then Charlie Brown sees it a teeny a teeny tiny green tree.
Speaker 1: He smiles. This little tree scenes to need a homes He says.
Speaker 2: You wonderful breath right now you have one? Oh my god, fresh, I'm done.
Speaker 1: Liness hesitates.
Speaker 17: I don't know, Charlie Brown, this doesn't seem to fit in the morning in the modern spirit.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I know this scene, and I don't think Schroeder is on this page. Could you please pick a page with Schroder? Go ahead, yes, rot, yes, but clear.
Speaker 17: Charlie Brown suddenly feels better than than he has in days. We'll decorated and it will be just right for a holiday. He picked out play for a play. Yeah, besides, I think he needs me. He picks up the tree.
Speaker 1: Needless.
Speaker 2: What okay, my sugar's going up.
Speaker 3: But even just because he got pepperins in your mouth, you can't swear I didn't say it.
Speaker 2: Bade you were needles tink.
Speaker 17: Needles tinkle as they fall off the scrawny tree, making it even scrowning or scene that you have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so wonderful.
Speaker 3: There was all those aluminum trees. I remember Chili pronouncing aluminum last year. It must have been the page before because I think Linus was trying to get him to buy the illuminum.
Speaker 2: That's where he picked the scrawny tree out. Yeah. Yeah, tinkles, they tinkled. Yeah, if they tinkled.
Speaker 3: Okay, wonderful reading, wonderful reading. Chili, don't choot those things, yes, Shee and glass. Hey, Shane, pepper peppermin starlight candies were the star right there? How many in Chili's mouth for that reading?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna take a wild guess.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say fourteen fourteen.
Speaker 3: Person that comes closest without going over will be the winner today, Ryan, Ryan, How many peppermint star like candies in Chili's mouth?
Speaker 12: Ryo?
Speaker 2: For that reading today? I felt pretty clear, But I'm gonna go with eight eight.
Speaker 3: You are registered as eight Dante, Hello Dante, Hello, Hello, Hello Chili Brown.
Speaker 2: Page nine.
Speaker 3: Chili Brown Christmas Special. How many peppermints star like candies in Chili's mouth? Shane In at fourteen, Ryan In at eight.
Speaker 2: You must have really articulated well, but these are bigger than right.
Speaker 16: In the middle.
Speaker 2: What did give you a number?
Speaker 3: Page nine?
Speaker 1: I say nine?
Speaker 2: Nine? Okay, boxing Ryan out?
Speaker 1: They gun smaller, that's been melt real fast.
Speaker 2: What you're putting them in the infernov of the mouth of yours? Yeah? Shane at fourteen, Ryan at eight, Dante at nine.
Speaker 3: Actual number of peppermints star like candies in Chile's mouth?
Speaker 2: What is it? Thirteen?
Speaker 1: Whoa Shane went too high?
Speaker 2: That comes closes without going over. Dante, You're the winner today, DANTEO, ANTEO.
Speaker 16: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Way to go, Dwan take regulations nine was key, It was gonna be twelve, and then Chili got a little mouthy with me.
Speaker 2: I threw a next one in that.
Speaker 4: Good for you today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure you keep talking. Keep talking off with twenty in there next time. Donald, Hey, what is Dante want?
Speaker 4: Dante?
Speaker 5: We didn't even say, but you got a pretty good prize here. It's a pair of tickets to All Elite Wrestling's ae w All in Texas, which is going down a Globe Life field in Arlington on July Twell, tickets aren't even on sale for this, but you got a pair.
Speaker 4: You win the Chili Brown game contracts.
Speaker 2: Great job.
Speaker 1: You want me to leave this year a little bit empty?
Speaker 2: No, no, you can take that with you, Chili. Thank you. Sure, take you in your fresh breath down the road and get thank you. Giving Tuesday. Nobody gave more than you today.
Speaker 1: Bro, I'm trying to give you out there.
Speaker 2: Nobody gave more than you today.
Speaker 3: Here's the Lincoln Park ninety four to five in the Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Lincoln Park, The Emptiness Machine.
Speaker 3: Their new album is out and boy, great reviews from everybody. I have not been through the whole album yet. I've heard like four or five songs, so almost all of it. But yeah, I still haven't listened to the whole thing yet. That's something that I gotta do. I'm gonna put that on my to do list this.
Speaker 2: Week for sure.
Speaker 3: On ten percent chances of ring partly Claudi's Guys highs of around sixty seven. Yesterday we had a big concert announcement. It was big for me, ac DC, I mean, one last time, right to see these guys. They're playing at and T Stadium. Tickets were going to go on sale Friday at noon. The show is April fourteenth. We're gonna give away tickets on know the show. We have another concert announcement coming up. I'll deliver that at around nine oh five, and I will also give away a pair of tickets to that show. This one, I will tell you, is here in town. Okay, so not a out of town show. People are getting a little upset with that. I will hook you up with a Woodlands show. Show is going on next summer. These bands are getting in early, man, they want you to buy those tickets for Christmas. Bands are announcing earlier than ever now. So yeah, that'll be fun after night of for sure.
Speaker 7: He is Rock Houston's alternative and the rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Shows ninety four or five, the Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, let's get after it.
Speaker 3: Let's get after Houston's headlines here because then we get into the top. Would play a song and then at about eight nine oh five, I'll have a concert announcement for you. We'll give away the first pair of tickets before they go on sale. It's a show that's happening here at the Woodlands. Okay, that's all I'm going to tell you. That's the only clue you're getting. I see nothing over a ten percent chance of rain partly cloudy skies. His today of around sixty seven Tessa one final time. Houston's headlines please well.
Speaker 5: Reaction is still pouring in after a President Biden said he would pardon his son Hunter. This came after Biden previously said he would not use his authority to pardon her commute Hunter sentence for his conviction on federal gun charges. President elect Trump said it was a miscarriage of justice, while many Republicans and even some Democrats spoke out about the decision. Here in Houston, a company that underwent a spectacularly scandalous collapse may be attempting a comeback. And Ron declared bankruptcy twenty three years ago Monday, throwing more than twenty five thousand people out of work. Also on Monday, and Run launch a media blitz, including a full page ad in the Houston Chronicle, at least two billboards, and a promotional video.
Speaker 4: So word is now that the whole thing is an elaborate prank of sorts.
Speaker 5: But we don't know the purpose of the prank, so I guess we're just gonna have to see there's like a countdown clock.
Speaker 4: Weren't gonna have to see what happens? Today is Giving Tuesday.
Speaker 5: This event launched in twenty twelve that ask people to give money, time, or support to any number of causes. Last year, it's estimated that Americans gave some three point one billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Now this is a Giving Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Today follows Cyber Monday, where we gave to online shops, small business Saturday where we give to small businesses. Black Friday we give to you know, like Walmart. But Thanksgiving we gave thanks So now we're here. We're here now and we have all the stats on Giving Tuesday if you want to go to links and guests. We also have a link on the same blog page that the Rod Ryan Show care Stores is now open. All the merch from us is deeply discounted and it's still all for charity. So you can go check that out. If you're feeling like you're in a giving mood, go check that out. A lot of five oh one see charities trying to get in on this in Houston. They need your dollars to keep doing what they do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I, you know, only because a couple of people asked, like four or five people asked, and like, hey, I don't see like just the donate button.
Speaker 2: I didn't have it up. I was just trying to like kind of clear out some old merchandise and all the money stays here.
Speaker 3: It's all for charity. But people had asked, like, hey, can you put the donate I just want to. I'll drop some cash in there for you. So, yeah, we'll keep all that money local. And so we've added that in the store. So the rod Ryan Show care store giving Tuesday, and want that to be what you give to that'd be great perfect.
Speaker 2: I would love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The unsolved the murder case of John Bine Ramsey is back in the spotlight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: During Christmas in nineteen ninety six, the six year old's mom had called nine one one saying she was missing the It was a ransom.
Speaker 9: Note.
Speaker 4: This was a very very.
Speaker 5: Infamous case for us growing up in the nineties. I remember because it was like a little pageant girl. But with the recent release of the Netflix documentary Cold Case Who Killed John Binney Ramsey, this is now back.
Speaker 4: In the spotlight.
Speaker 5: Boulder police say they're utilizing new DNA technology and detectives say they are now actively working on the case again. So because of that recent release, this is something At the time maybe her mom thought it was a kidnapping. They're saying, no, no, no, this is an unsolved murdered case and we've got some new technology.
Speaker 4: When Morgan Wallan threw.
Speaker 5: A chair from the balcony at Eric Church's Bar in Nashville back in April, tourists flooded the spot looking for the scene of the crime. It was so popular that a sign was put up on the rooftop commemorating the act.
Speaker 4: The sign said, don't even think about it. You are not Morgan Wallen.
Speaker 5: This was probably put up to deter people from being stupid, but the infamous sign has now been removed. It's worth pointing out that Morgan's court date for three fellon accounts of reckless endangerment is next week on twelfth, so maybe one maybe someone on his team thought the sign was a.
Speaker 4: Bad look and got rid of it. No one really knows for sure.
Speaker 5: Some people online think it was taken down as to not undermine Morgan's remorse. He certainly will be remorseful if he gets an ejail time. According to an inside source, the best he could hope for is a thirty to sixty day sentence, but it's all on a judge. Whether or not this judge is going to make.
Speaker 4: An example out of Morgan is to be determined.
Speaker 2: Alex says he does no time at all. Well, but he did get nominated for a Gravies Award for the rest of the year. Okay, so tune in.
Speaker 4: Does he know? Does he know that he's been honored?
Speaker 2: He has not been informed yet. Does he will let him know because he might want to come to the event. I feel like Daddy's gonna win that realord. Oh Okay.
Speaker 6: On Monday Night football, Broncos beat the Browns forty one to thirty two.
Speaker 2: And some fairly recent Texans news.
Speaker 6: The NFL suspending Texans linebacker as He's al Shaire three games for his hit on the Jaguash quarterback Trevor Lawrence Sunday. Al Shayer's already said that he plans to appeal the suspension. He apologized for the hit yesterday. If he does lose the suspension, since his three games, he will be available to return for the Texans regular season finale against the Titans. A lot of times these appeals could they they they vary depending on Like, oh, well, if he's gonna appeal it right now, then he would have been allowed to play this week. But since they're going to buye, I would imagine he's gonna hear something over the next week or so, so just assume it'll probably be back. If if it is like lesson, maybe to two games then instead of three. But I feel like three games was was appropriate.
Speaker 2: It's three games, not three weeks. So you don't get credit for a bi don't get.
Speaker 6: Credit for a bye, So he would be like the regular season finale game would be when he'd be back. Texans are on a buye this week. Like I just said, Rockets are back in action tonight. They're in Sacramento to take on the Kings one and a half point favorites heading into this game. Ti Bob is at nine and you can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 8: Thank you Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them of the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: The buzz Yeah, ninety four or five, the buzz still getting all those Creed memes still.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I don't know what the scenario is, but it's like, yeah, I'll be in my garage listening, drinking beers, listening to Creed, like all these memes. I'm getting them all, Like I stopped at one about two months ago.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. And I it's just a NonStop Creed in my algorithm.
Speaker 3: And I'm not mad about it and I'm not upset about it at all. Good morning, brod Ryan's show. Yeah, I got a concert announcement coming up for you, and we're gonna give away the tickets to the show.
Speaker 2: So and it's a show that's here.
Speaker 3: Ten percent chance of ram Party Claudi's Guys ties of around sixty seven.
Speaker 2: It's still weird to me, just the way that you know, songs and albums are released and it's all online.
Speaker 3: So it shouldn't surprise anybody that Kendrick Lamar owns the first five spots on the Hot one hundred this week. He's got seven songs in the top ten. His new album is the number one album. But then when you look at the singer the top five squabble up.
Speaker 2: Is number one. Then Kendrick Lamar Songs TV Off. That's the two that's my favorite.
Speaker 4: Do you like that one?
Speaker 2: Luthor?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Whacked Out Murals? I don't know if that's it. I don't know if I'm saying it right.
Speaker 3: Probably not waste out Murals, w A C C ed waste whacks well, yeah, but there'd be a K for whacked Yeah, but wha well. I went with whacked Out Murals and then hey, now in at number five, so he's got so who's done this?
Speaker 2: Who's had the top five spots?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 2: Back in the day Beatles, the Beatles, Yes, did drake. Beatles are the only pre whatever we're in now. Yeah, No, the Billboard's been around, you know, before the Beatles.
Speaker 3: But the Beatles had one, two, three, four, and five back in the day when they just released their album and they had multiple albums coming up. They were putting out albums every six months at one point, so they just had the top five spots on the Hot one hundred.
Speaker 2: I remember they had. I saw some I don't know if this is true.
Speaker 6: I saw it on I mean, but it was talking about like Beatles history and it was like she Loves Me is one and then ze leeb Dick, which is the German version of that song, was also a top ten.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I don't know. Was ninety nine loof balloons on there? I do not think so.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the Beatles are the only ones before this crazy time that we're in now to.
Speaker 2: Ever do this before. So only four people have done it.
Speaker 3: Hi Jackson, I told you Kendrick Lamar, I told you the Beatles, Bo Jackson.
Speaker 2: Michael Jackson, Oh topo Jackson, Bo doesn't know? Billboard Michael Jackson did not get the sunswift? Yes, that's the one Alex Taylor Swift. And is it recent or old? Recent? Top five songs all of the same Drake, I said, Drake like an hour Drake. So it's wild. Huh yeah, sorry if I had something squabble up. It's Kendrick's fifth number one album. What do you know about this? Alex? I love about this? Do you love bet?
Speaker 3: Pierce the Veil? There's your concert announcement, Pierce the Veil, Sleeping with Sirens and beach weather.
Speaker 2: Guys, it's a show here.
Speaker 3: We're announcing a show and I'm gonna give away tickets to a show that's here in town.
Speaker 4: A miracle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're world tour twenty twenty five. Thank you for including Houston at least the Woodlands three. It's great news for us. It's the I Can't Hear You Tour. June twelfth. Woodlands Pavilion tickets will go on sale this Friday at ten a m. At all Ticketmaster locations. We played Sleeping with Sirens. Let's take a listen to this, Sleeping with Sirens. This is opening.
Speaker 4: The lunches after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course I remember this.
Speaker 1: Do you remember?
Speaker 3: It's still another crazy thing for me that we are in December and we're talking about a show that's happening next summer.
Speaker 2: I agree. But if I was the band's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would want I would want people to buy these for Christmas presents, So I would. I mean, it's very common. I'm not saying that they're going early. That's kind of what people do now with these shows. This is Pierce the Veil, all right, Pierce the Veil. Sleeping with Sirens and Beach Weather June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 2: Take us go on sale Friday, nine.
Speaker 3: Amday Friday at ten am at ticketmaster dot com. I got a pair of tickets for call A number ten right now seven one three, two, one two, five nine four five, give us a ring Houston.
Speaker 7: And The rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am, The buzz Hony four to five the bus, Welcome back rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Tattooesday. Guys, they're so busy today they have a chance to even go look at the tatt Tuesday feature. I saw it was the number one link.
Speaker 3: But I appreciate everybody going to take a look at the rod Ryan Show Cares online store that is giving Tuesday. This is Pierced the Veil And that was today's concert announcement. Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Who's this? Hi, Erica? How are you? I'm good? Would you like a pair of tickets? The very first pair of tickets to pierce the veil?
Speaker 1: I would?
Speaker 3: I would love the head Well, congratulations so far, one person's going to the show, and then if you bring somebody, it'll be two people at that show.
Speaker 9: It won't even be me, it'll be daughter.
Speaker 2: Oh you're you're gonna give these? I am Are you going to gift them for?
Speaker 3: Are you gonna tell her? Or are you gonna actually gift them? Maybe a Christmas present?
Speaker 2: She's got Birthday and Christmas coming, so it'll be probably one of those.
Speaker 3: Good for you, all right, I'm glad. I'm glad we can help out with that. Erica, congratulations. June twelfth, Woodlands take us and go on sale Friday at ten a. M Alex, you said you know a little something about pierced the vale. Huh, you had a little moment with that.
Speaker 2: But you had a little moment. Maybe they were in like the rotation. Yeah, yeah, fun.
Speaker 1: You didn't get it.
Speaker 2: Nobody understands me.
Speaker 1: Man, nobody get it.
Speaker 2: You don't get me mad.
Speaker 1: I'm mad.
Speaker 2: I'm Alex. I'mbody here.
Speaker 11: Online.
Speaker 2: It's still line five the muss. I'm out of year like this. Alright, what are you doing today's day?
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 8: Is what is it?
Speaker 11: Alex?
Speaker 6: It's called life scene and basically you are going to see what scene if your life was a movie. I'm saying what scene you would currently be at in that movie. So I just put I used you in testa as my guinea pigs. So I just said it's an expected lifespan. I just put one hundred. I don't know what the average life ped is.
Speaker 13: Roger.
Speaker 6: Your birthday is eight twenty six sixty nine. I remember your birth year because of its nineteen sixty nine. If you were the movie Goodfellas, If your life was the movie Goodfellas right now and you were life, you would be at the part where they're in jail and Paulie is cutting that thinley.
Speaker 4: Oh the garlics, like that's when it's getting good the garlic.
Speaker 2: You'd cut it so thin. We get raised razor, we ate like a raisor blade to guard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you'd be fifty five percent through the movie good Fellas right now. It's good Fellas was your life, Wow, Tessa, your favorite movie is Wizard of Oz. Naturally, if you were living the Wizard of Oz, you would be thirty nine point seventeen percent through.
Speaker 2: Dorothy is talking to the scarecrow.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, so we're just reading them in the.
Speaker 2: Road, hanging out with a scarecrow right now with no brain. If that was your life, he was the highest paid actor on the set.
Speaker 4: We learned that on my head.
Speaker 2: That would be hanging out with so no wonder I can't. We'll go check it out. See what part of any movie your life would be in if you were living that movie? The one Fairus Rodryan Showpage to the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 7: Rod Ryan celebrating twenty years on the Buzz. Twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us I've ever met.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that ninety four five The Buzz, ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: It's the right blind jumper, Rod Ryan shump on a tat Tuesday, and uh, it's Tuesday after Cyber Monday, so it's Giving Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, we got a little something for that. It's giving ejected it so you can put that back in going into the next thing.
Speaker 3: Sorry, bro, we were running out of times a lot. It's been a rough day on that work. Managing the clock has been brutal today for me. Ten percent chance of Ray Party Claude highs up around sixty seven.
Speaker 2: Email here from Brian Dawson.
Speaker 3: Rod, I don't know if you have discussed it or even will, but I know for a fact you will love this new documentary if you haven't seen it yet, it's on Max and it's called yacht.
Speaker 2: Rock, a documentary. We have mentioned it several times on this show more than we should. I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 2: I don't know? You know what I'm trying to watch and I'm done.
Speaker 4: Start documentary.
Speaker 3: The murders in the building, No love. That didn't show up on that top twenty television shows.
Speaker 4: You got to be off now.
Speaker 2: And it's up for awards too. It's tough for comedies. It keeps losening to the Bear. The bear was like, what number eighteen on that something like that. I don't know. I just haven't had time.
Speaker 4: Watch the Martha Start documentary.
Speaker 2: Don't have time, Yes you do.
Speaker 7: He's a big guy.
Speaker 2: Time for that, all right.
Speaker 3: So he says, this documentary is great. What do you know about yacht rock? Don't they just kind of threw that name out there?
Speaker 2: Somebody came.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like how they call White Snake hair metal. Some of the guys that are in that genre, like Rat and just anybody. There's nobody left from Quiet. There's a couple of guys left from Quite Ryan. Some guys aren't happy with that. Being called hair metal is an insult. It's an insult that became popular and now there's a whole channel for it on Sirius XM and there's all you know, hair Nation and we're hair metal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but it puts you in a box.
Speaker 5: It's the perfect name for the box. Like, sorry, this is accurately labeled. Like you guys, we know exactly what you're talking about when you say it.
Speaker 3: Here's what it does, though. It keeps him off of classic rock radio, and that's it's not fair. It's not fair that stuff should be included in classic rock radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, I see that, and the hair metal thing kind of keeps it out of him.
Speaker 3: So what do you think of Christopher Cross? Does he like being called because it wasn't called yacht rock.
Speaker 4: Drug dealer Christopher Cross?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because they talk about him dealing drugs. He was like, he was like jay Z. He was in jay Z before jay Z was around.
Speaker 4: He funded his own album and then it was like this hit.
Speaker 2: So yacht rock was just a term that was coined for this kind of music.
Speaker 3: You know, the guy that made the documentary called Donald Fagan who was in this band Steely Dan.
Speaker 2: Not the guy from Scrubs.
Speaker 16: No, that's.
Speaker 2: So he calls him up. Well, i'll just play the can I play you something?
Speaker 3: I think he disappears in the yacht rock video or in the in the doc youmentary? Okay, I don't think.
Speaker 9: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think Donald Fagan's a fan of calling his music yacht rock.
Speaker 2: Fun fact, Steely Dan. You know this fact, right? What Steely Dan is? Steele Daniel is?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know what it is, Dill do Okay. I knew it was something.
Speaker 2: I knew it was something like that Steely Dan.
Speaker 7: I knew it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know who their first drummer was. Come on, Alex, come on, ax, I.
Speaker 3: Share these facts with you guys, hoping they were you retain one of them their first drummer, Oh, Mick Fleetwood, Yeah, no, Chevy Chase.
Speaker 2: Chevy Chase was their first drummer in college.
Speaker 4: How could you forget that?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So the guy making the.
Speaker 3: Yacht rock documentary doc calls up Donald Fagan.
Speaker 2: Here's how it goes.
Speaker 16: Hello is Yeah, Hi, this is Garrett. I'm the one making this yacht rock documentary.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 16: So, I've been talking to a lot of people that have played with you and STEVEE Banner over the years, and I was wondering if you'd sit down with me and talk about your music in this genre and what genre is that? Yacht rock?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'll tell you what Where do you go?
Speaker 16: Pack and hung up on me?
Speaker 11: Damn?
Speaker 3: He did not like that, and it's a good one. It's very specific how he says that too. He goes, oh, what genre is that? And he called it yacht rock and that's when he s tell him to go to go have himself. So he clearly does not like being put in that box.
Speaker 4: Why I would love it? I don't know, Like you associate me with being on a yacht and just rocking.
Speaker 3: Out kind of this guy going through all the titles. Now remember me as at the time if you saw me myself and Irene. Those are all Steely Dan songs. Yeah, covers, They're all covers. Yeah, the whole soundtrack is Steely Dan songs. I believe the Jim Carrey classic.
Speaker 2: The show on Apple Bad Monkey does that with all Tom Petty covers. Oh really, yeah, that's cool. You don't like you don't like Steely though. I hate Steely Dan, I really do.
Speaker 4: Who's the one who likes him? Is that Logan?
Speaker 13: Not Logan?
Speaker 4: Is that Skinner?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Skin, You guys are always fight about that.
Speaker 2: The leader of the Fun squad loves him?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Fun? All right again? Thank you, Brian, You're right. I know I'm gonna love this documentary. I just got to get a chance to go see this.
Speaker 1: Christmas is gonna beat Hell Christmas.
Speaker 11: Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: From The Ron Ryan Show on.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five, ninety four five, The Buzz Shine Down Symptom of being Human.
Speaker 2: Ron Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: On a tag Tuesday, and not just any Tuesday, but Giving Tuesday. I saw our artist friend Rebecca. She was the one that was beating me up for Hey, I don't see the donate button in your store. She went in there and did a little donation today and I just listened. She's been selling paintings and we get a portion of that. And she's been doing some great things that She's got a big show coming up next week. See if you can get her on for her open phones to promote that a little bit. Yeah, I appreciate you guys. You know, just anything, I get it. I mean, we've got something coming up. I hadn't talked too much about it. Today's Giving Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Go out there.
Speaker 3: Of course, I'd love for you to go into the Rod Ryan Showkeras online store, but I see TV stations out at the Houston Food Bank. Our friend Hal working with the Houston Furniture Bank. I met with only a couple of weeks ago, we talked about maybe doing something early next year. You got Texas Adaptive Aquatics, You've got you know, we've already done stuff with m d Anderson and Houston Children's Charity.
Speaker 2: You know all of your people that send me emails saying, hey, I want to pass out backpacks with you. Guys.
Speaker 3: Hey, they need your help right now. They got Christmas program coming up, all these they need help, they need help.
Speaker 2: And then I heard something. I want to make sure that I quote it properly, and I don't know who said it.
Speaker 3: I just heard it in passing this morning watching the news, and people were wondering, well, how much you know, what, what do you give? You know, it's Giving Tuesday. You don't give till it hurts, You give till it feels good. You should feel good if you donate, So should you should do it? I mean that's not the only reason you should do it to help other people, but man, how could that not.
Speaker 2: Make you feel good? So just something to think about on this Giving Tuesday. Some people were like, well, what is it?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: I don't remember hearing about Giving Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's not the newest thing, but it has been around for over ten years now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, they just kind of wanted to capitalize on all the days of all the shopping days.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, we.
Speaker 5: Spend, spend, spend, Remember these local communities, in these local efforts that keep our community, you know, healthy and thriving.
Speaker 4: And I just think that the quickest way to get out of your own head is to do something for some one else.
Speaker 2: Give till it hurts, give till it feels good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll make nice.
Speaker 2: Dave Matthews was quoted on the show. Back in the day.
Speaker 3: Dave called in and he it was after we had had some kind of problem here, probably a hurricane or something. And Dave happened to be doing a show and he was doing a canned food drive and he said, on this show, he said, you know, help others, it makes you feel good. I said, sometimes it's just a simple thing like that, you know, it makes you feel good.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Dave Matthews. Yeah, Dave Math which giving away. I know the show, So I've left.
Speaker 4: The tickets to I don't know this one band.
Speaker 2: How to pronounce it?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 4: Ac DC?
Speaker 5: Yeah at Jackie at Agg Stadium at Arlington A.
Speaker 4: The Pretty Recklar's opening up for them. It's April fourteen.
Speaker 5: Tickets aren't even on sale to go on sale Friday attending em at live nation dot com.
Speaker 4: But we've got a pair to this show ac DC.
Speaker 2: Best boat name I ever saw it was on the internet.
Speaker 3: I didn't see it locally, but you know, like you talk about dumb boat names, the aquaholic and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: People name their boat the A C d C. And it was in their fonts.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like if I ever said it was in a river. Though, it made me want to buy a boat. Oh my god, No.
Speaker 4: One, no, let's get a boat. No one, No, you finally start talking cool.
Speaker 2: No, it may just because you always do this doing.
Speaker 5: To throw it off us off because Christmas is coming and he probably getting.
Speaker 9: That's so cool.
Speaker 2: Dummies are getting a boat.
Speaker 7: Rock and Alternative The rod Ryan.
Speaker 11: Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Let's get right after it. There are great tickets here, all right. Tell everybody what I think are great.
Speaker 2: Tickets A C d C.
Speaker 5: You think A C d C tickets are a great giveaway to the show, And I think a lot of people might agree.
Speaker 3: April fourt is the show at at and T Stadium, take us to go on sale this Friday at noon.
Speaker 2: What's your question?
Speaker 5: Well, we were discussing a song that we that has gotten really popular recently, and we said, okay, Alex even said, is this the new Sweet Caroline?
Speaker 4: You know, it's become an anthem of sorts.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's more popular now than when it first came out.
Speaker 4: Right for sports events, for you know, other parties.
Speaker 5: So what song am I talking about? If you tell me that, then I'll know you know the show and I'll give you the.
Speaker 3: Tictis seven one three two one two five.
Speaker 2: The Launch Ryan Show, So LUs go on. Remember the show is free. Ninety four five The Buzz Buzz All Spring going away, rod Ryan's Show, Getting ready to wrap this thing up. No rain, I guess you got to say there's a ten percent chance of rain? All right, fine, I said it, Honey, cloudy high or one clod? Yeah, high of sixty seven today? Come on peace now time four know this show on ninety four five. La La la la, la la la la, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this? Matt? Hello, Matt? How are you good?
Speaker 7: How are you great?
Speaker 13: To have you on?
Speaker 16: Bro?
Speaker 2: Where you've been?
Speaker 1: Oh, trying to get on the phone.
Speaker 13: Was grateful for it.
Speaker 4: I'm grateful for Chile too.
Speaker 2: That guy, we love him. Okay, what's your question for mister Matt?
Speaker 4: Hey, Matt, can you tell me what song is more popular now than ever?
Speaker 13: I believe it's mister Brightside.
Speaker 2: It was never this bad.
Speaker 4: It's huge now.
Speaker 3: I think it started with that meme. It was like the calling all white people on the dance floor.
Speaker 4: I think it started off with Alex's wedding.
Speaker 2: I don't a lot of white people on the dance floor at.
Speaker 4: That wedding, surrounded by I was surrounded. I was flanked on all sides.
Speaker 2: Hey, Matt Wins, what are you giving them?
Speaker 4: You get the Aco tickets? Congratulations?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but I'm dying the CD guide have you ever seen have you never seen a Wow?
Speaker 13: No, I can't wait. I still can't wait.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, dude, you've got a pair of tickets before they even go on sale.
Speaker 2: All right, that's outstanding. Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 17: That's so awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you, brother, Thank you, Matt. Hang on for me. Autumn beat Paul this morning. Three questions.
Speaker 3: She's going to play Scott the Birdman on uh well next Thursday tomorrow Sean Connery plays Arthur, you got the music, got to change it all up.
Speaker 16: For these guys.
Speaker 3: Everybody's got their own music. Bet over there giving Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We got deeply discounted merch in the Rod Ryan Show Cares online store. All that money will stay right here locally. Chili Brown was fantastic today. Tattuesday was our number one link. Congratulations on Houston be in a top ten fun city.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Shout out to yacht Rock, which, probably much to the dismay of the Radio Wizard, gets mentioned a lot on this show.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, Wild Car Wednesday, hype Man tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Are we doing that pumpkin spice?
Speaker 2: Price is right? Well, I didn't know.
Speaker 3: It was just like a fall, Like, hey, it's sixty seven degrees out there, right, bring it on, pumpkin spice.
Speaker 4: Well, if Alex gets Dragon to a meeting, did he just.
Speaker 1: Say we still do it?
Speaker 2: He goes, are we still doing pumpkin spice? Well, let me call a hype man, all right, give him a call, Yeah, call it.
Speaker 3: Jeremy's up next. He's got the NonStop Nooner. I I'm like, listen, nothing ends. I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm here for pumpkin spice price is right. Finally, I'm not going. I'm not going anywhere leaving.
Speaker 3: All right, Pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour with Jeremy, follow us at Rod Ryan Show and also on all Socials tests on Houston Life Today at one o'clock and thank you guys. We're on a twenty hour break. We're back tomorrow, hopefully the hype Man's on with us.
Speaker 1: Hey m f.
Speaker 6: H.
Speaker 2: Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts. Check it out on the world famous
Speaker 14: Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.