Speaker 1: You're old cowboys too.
Speaker 2: Cowboys, you don't want it. We're still seven weeks away from this, but they released another little trailer from the Cowboys documentary series that's coming out on August nineteenth, America's team, The Gambler and his Cowboys. I trimmed it down, but I thought there's some new things in this trailer, so I wanted to play it for you guys.
Speaker 1: Right sweet, there's a soap op for three hundred and sixty five days a year.
Speaker 3: Texas is football country. The hole in Texas same so God could watch his favorite teams, the Cowboys. When I bought to TA, I was Darth Vader.
Speaker 1: Dallas fans aren't happy.
Speaker 2: I said that I.
Speaker 3: Don't know anything about running a football team, and he looked me at the eye and he said, neither do I. We will gambling my family's whole fortune.
Speaker 1: So I had to take risks and it started with Jimmy Johnson. That's a lot you there on that other film.
Speaker 3: Has they made practice?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 3: So the game is heavy.
Speaker 2: We played hard and then we played hard.
Speaker 3: With that. Success can also get disruption.
Speaker 2: So Lou's officer came, you knee, and they put the gun right now. Someone ever thought Jerry had to get you the fire.
Speaker 3: I mean, you don't know half the stuff that was happening.
Speaker 1: And only thing else I got to say is how about this we did our way, baby.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: I was just say this trailer had a little too much of this for me. You need a little bit of that in the trailer. Here is the whole trailer is that.
Speaker 3: Here's the latest trend in trailers that drives me absolutely bad is famous song mixed trailer music. And we just take snippets of the vocals and we start like, uh, what's the new thing with Uh it's part of the John Wick universe Ballerina or whatever. Huh And they're using Britney spears Hit me one more time? But really, yeah, it's weird. Oh I can't stand that stuff. And they're doing it here with bon Jovie.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I thought it was great. It got me super hype to watch it. I thought it was fantastic. You like that music trend? I know that got me hyped? Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Article in the Dallas Dallas Morning News ten biggest storylines Cowboys fans can expect to see in the upcoming Netflix docuseries We talked about how this did feel like. In fact, it was in the pressure release that the Jones family helped with this.
Speaker 1: So I was like, which is unfortunate.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna avoid the White House, but they're going to hit on it in a way that they can manage the.
Speaker 2: White hit on it. The White House could be its own documentary, right, it needs to be honestly, that'd be great.
Speaker 3: There was someone from Dallas working on that. I was really Yeah, a White House documentary actually got Padini and everything.
Speaker 2: So here's what we know. Jerry buys the team, Jerry fires Tom Landry, he hires Jimmy Johnson. There's a lot of focus on Jimmy Johnson. They'll talk about the herschel Walker trade. The super Bowl parade. You guys probably were remember that, which I don't like. What the one that got the one that got out of hand. That was only one of them got out of hand. The second one was the one where there was rioting. Ninety three, Oh well maybe that was the year.
Speaker 3: Would have been ninety four though, yeah, I think the second one was the one that got out of hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the ninety three super Bowl is actually happened in nineteen ninety four. Yeah, so okay, the ninety three seas four hundred thousand people gathered in downtown Dallas, and it was a lot of kids were out of school and so there was just a lot of wild in going on. There's only fourteen arrests. It's not bad. Two dozen to the hospital. This are good numbers for four hundred thousand people parade for a parade. I've just the Rangers World Series parade. There's like three guns.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, but also you gotta you gotta, you know, place this in perspective with the time that it happens and all that kind of stuff. There's no social media. I didn't go down to this parade. I didn't want to mess with In fact, I probably slept till four o'clock that day in ninety three. I woke up with my face and a pile of weed. Now, this is what this guy says in the Dallas Worthy News. Let me see at the author's name. Let's put his feet to the fire.
Speaker 2: RJ. Coyle seems trust trustworthy, most trustworthy, RJ. I know. The main conflict in the docu series appears to revolve around how the fame started them in success The nineties team started to spin out of control. What goes up must come down? Yeah, and discussing the White House. That's going to be the main part. I don't think they're gonna spend that much time on it.
Speaker 3: No, but but it's an over it's an overarching theme. Like usually a series or a show will have a theme. What is the reason we're doing this? What is the theme? And the theme of this is that the success was so quick, so extreme in the height, so dizzy that they couldn't manage it. And so you had players in court, guys running home. I mean, Nate Newton said publicly, we ran our drugs and our whorees out of the White House, like they were so they felt they felt so emboldened they could just say this stuff publicly in a different era, and they felt like they were literally above the law.
Speaker 1: Dude, the Michael Irvin thing with the haircut. Everrett McIvor he cut in line in front of Everett MacIvor and wanted to get his haircut when he wanted to, and they were at camp and witchdaf falls yes, and like they had to talk him down from slicing Everett mcivor's neck or something.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, he did because Everett maccivor was a new player.
Speaker 1: Again allegedly the story allegedly whatever, But is that gonna be in it?
Speaker 2: It needs to be, it needs We had eight episodes.
Speaker 3: We can we got room for the Everitt mcivor's I think that was chan Gaily's first camp, if I remember correctly, it might have been in his second.
Speaker 1: The idea that okay, if it's a star player, you can allow pretty much anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean. And so what I'm saying is that's a theme for all of the cowboys of the nineties, is that you know, it's Icarus, it's flying too close to the sun. It's a common theme when you get so emboldened and so empowered, what is the ramification for those actions?
Speaker 2: I wish it came out next week instead of August nineteenth.
Speaker 1: God, I know, I know, so good?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next other big news, the trial is or the trial for the Diddy trial. The verdict is in. The verdict is in for the Ditty trial, and we'll get to that next