Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to a brand new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. It is Monday, November eleventh. My name is Donna Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. The should I call you the shape shifter? Like, well, I don't you know? Every time I see you have a bit of a different look going on. You put a photo on Instagram saying you look like a homeless person. Now I saw you. I saw you dressed as a cowboy at one point, like you've been all over the place. Please listen, therapy session. Okay, talk me through your midlife crisis, because clearly that's what's happening here. Have you bought a Ferrari yet? Like you know what's what's next.
Speaker 2: See, that's the thing with a midleft cristis everyone buys a car, right, They buy the Corvette, they buy the Ferrari, they buy the Porsche. I'm doing it in different ways, growing the hand.
Speaker 1: Well you did. You did recently buy a Tesla?
Speaker 2: So was that that was lost year? That wasn't even part of the midlife crisis. I'm growing the hair, I'm growing the beard, Experimenting with clothes, buying some more clothes. It's a much cheaper way to have a midlife crisis than to buy a car. So the family should be happy with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I mean listen, I like the new style. You know, I'm not gonna hate it, and I know I know a bunch of people clown on it, but.
Speaker 2: I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: You know, you look good out there. Don't let people get you down.
Speaker 2: It's like I don't have any shame. I don't mind what people say anymore.
Speaker 1: That's that's good. That's good. Today we're going to talk about NPT Las Vegas wrapping up. We'll recap some of the winners. Of course, there were some very big winners as part of the series, we'll hit on some other notable ones. Tim and I will give our series thoughts and feedback. We were there pretty much every single day over the course of the napt's return, so we'll touch on all of that. We have some other news from Poker Stars in that they signed two new ambassadors, so we will hit on that. We got to talk about the PGT leaderboard because two events as part of the NPT Las Vegas qualified for the PGT, so we will hit on those events and how they shook up the leaderboard. As it also pertains to the PGT. We got some events coming up to close out the season, of course, and then we did recently announce the first group of events for twenty twenty five, so stay tuned to hear about that. I guess we'll go across the pond Triton Poker Series. Monte Carlo is running some massive buying tournaments happening over there and some very big notable winners that we need to mention. And then I want to hit on this post on Twitter slash x from Phil Galfond because he's he's back into the online poker platform Operation Streets and he recently came out with a pretty interesting post where he's gonna be I guess giving back all the rake, so quickly talk on that. As always, do need to thank our sponsors of the Poker Gol podcast. First up is storm X. This episode of the Poker Gol Podcast is brought to you by storm X. The easiest way to earn crypto and I don't know if you guys have looked at crypto the past week or so, but it is through the roof. Just head over to storm x dot io to activate cash back offers. Shop online as normal through the eligible vendors and earn crypto on cash back purchases. A variety of tokens are available, Bitcoin, dose Coin and more. Earning crypto doesn't have to be hard with storm x, Earning crypto is easy. This episode of the Poker Gol podcast is also brought to you by run it once and specifically their Vision Gto Trainer for all of the PLO enthusiasts out there, and we know, oh how hot potlamit ol maaha is. We are pleased to let you know that you guys can head on over to run at once dot com slash sh r b and for a limited time you can use the promo code s hr B at checkout to gain access to the most powerful PLO study tool available and get a free month of run it once is Elite Video plan, so you'll get access to the Vision GTO Trainer, which no matter what level of polo player you are, it can help improve your results, and then you also get a free month of the run it Wants Elite Video Plan. I regularly watch run it once Elite videos not PLO but no one at hold them, but still tons of great, great great stuff over there on run at once so again that's run at once dot com slash sh r b napt Las Vegas. First things first, we have the main event eight hundred eighty five entries, which is freaking enormous. Five hundred and forty three uniques is what I saw listed on the results sheet from Poker Stars three hundred and fifty two entries. The main event had a fifty three hundred dollars buy in this year, up from last years what was it sixteen fifty last year.
Speaker 2: Sixteen sixteen hundred flat right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't remember exactly what it was, but much smaller. Nonetheless, so this year they bumped it up. Tim and I have obviously talked about that at length. They slapped on a bigger guarantee three million. They smashed that guarantee four million, three hundred and forty thousand dollars in prize money, so incredible turnout for them. You know, talking with some of the Poker Stars people ahead of time, it seemed like they were I would say small c concerned about the guarantee, you know, questioning if that it was gonna hit. I thought it was a no brainer that it was gonna hit. So you know, I think they landed kind of within the window where it doesn't qualify as a fake guarantee. My window is a live poker tournament guarantee. Should the end result the prize school should be ten to twenty five percent higher than the guarantee, Like, it shouldn't be like one hundred percent higher. It shouldn't be seventy five percent higher. It shouldn't be two hundred percent. You know, a million dollar guarantee and you have a four million dollar prize pool, Like, no, that means you said a bad guarantee. So I think this is a pretty good guarantee. I also probably think that it gives them confidence to up it next year if they do come back. So we'll see. Nick Marchington, the twenty six year old out of the UK, won at all seven hundred and sixty five thousand dollars for him. He defeated Joel Mika in second place four hundred and seventy eight k for Micah MICCA. He took second place I think in the PCA yeapt yeah, I mean just just the serial run up finisher. I guess Marchington had the chip lead late in the tournament on the second to last day, carried that chip lead into the final table and then never gave up the chip let. Just an absolute masterclass of what to do with the chip lead, how to apply pressure, how to stay aggressive, you know, just really leveraging his stack, the ICM implications that were at play, all of that sort of stuff. I've played with Marchington in the past. It is no ef and fun to play with that kid. He is so freaking good, so freaking aggressive. He battles in every single pot. I know. Our good friend Monuara played with him deep in this event. Mo ended up cashing had to battle with Marchington on I think day two, and it's just, I mean, it's just hard playing against somebody like this. He's so young, he's so good, he's so hungry to just get after it in every single hand. I know. I mentioned that he's from the UK, but Marchington does spend a lot of his time here in Las Vegas. He plays a lot of cash games here, plays a lot of tournaments you know, around town as well, so he's always out there battling. And yeah, I mean, I guess people got first word of him. What twenty nineteen ws BE Main Event final table he took even plays I want to say our good friend Gary Gates got fourth place that year. Nick Marchington was at the final table. There was some some I guess controversy coming out of that where him and his backers and this whole thing, the staking agreement. It was all you know, talked about on social media, in the press, whatnot. But sounds like everything kind of got sorted out with that situation. And you know, Marchington has gone on to have a from at least for everything that I can tell, a very successful career. I know it's still very young for him, but I would expect him to just continue to go on and crush and and started, you know, started exploring I guess bigger buyings, high rollers, that sort of thing. You know, you have a massive score like this seven hundred and sixty five k. You know that really pads the bank roll. And I think he has what it takes to take take that next step. So so yeah, just running out this final table, Jeff mats In third place, Marco Johnson fourth place, Kurt Colbert fifth place, Masado Jokasawa sixth place, Brock Wilson seventh, and Matt Aflac eighth. What do you got thoughts on the main event, sir.
Speaker 2: It was huge. Yeah, I didn't think it was going to get nearly nine hundred entrance. Really yeah, it's you know, we obviously had try it none it is a bigger buying than normal. The satellites, you know, weren't doing that great leading up to the series, so I knew it was going to break the guarantee. But yeah, nine hundred is a great result. I guess the first question is, you know, if they're bringing this back next year and everything we've kind of heard off the like under the radar, is that, of course it's coming back. Will they put the move the guarantee up? You know, are they going to go to three and a half million? Are they going to go to four million? I guess that's the first question I have about the main event. But yeah, great turnout. Very impressed by everything that's happened this week at results.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you and I were there every single day, so I guess we have some some thoughts, some feedback on how things played out. Just quickly in the main events, we did have Matthew Wantman finishing in tenth place. David od b Baker got thirteenth, Maria Kanakova got fourteenth as my Dog's bark in the background hubsbe main event champion Jonathan Tamayo twenty third place, and then last year's champion of the NAPT Las Vegas main event, Sammy besha Head. He got thirty seven, so nice run there for the defending champ. An APT Las Vegas did have two high rollers. They had what they have last year, one ten K and a five K. I think they called the five K the high roller. That was the one that.
Speaker 2: Ye depends what you define high rollers as.
Speaker 1: I'm saying what they called it, what they titled it as I think last year was a five K Yeah, and Samuel lasko Its won it. I believe Shannon Shores at the final table. I think Jesse Lowns is at the final table.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 1: They they upped their game in the high roller section of things, partnered with the PGT as well. Both these high rollers were PGT qualifying events. They had a twenty five K super high roller and they had a ten thousand, three hundred dollars high roller. In the twenty five K. Stevens Song topped sixty entries to win almost four hundred and forty thousand dollars. This is now officially Song's best year ever on the Live Felt in terms of tournament winnings. In twenty twenty two he won two million, two hundred and eighty two thousand dollars. This year he's up to two million, five hundred and thirty two thousand dollars in winnings. Also this year, of course, Tim and I talked about it at length, you know, during the run, because we did daily podcast from the World Series of Poker. But Stephen Song got fifty seventh in the twenty twenty fours BE Main event for one hundred and sixty K. Then he went on to win EPT Barcelona for one point twenty nine million euros aka one million, four hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. At the twenty five k NAPT Las Vegas Super high Roller Final table, it was Song up on top. He defeated Sean Winter in heads up play. Winter got two hundred and eighty AK. Then it was ed Sebesta third place, Jim Collopy fourth place, Elias Gutierrez fifth place, Thomas Etcien sixth place, Brock Wilson seventh place, mentioning brock Wilson's name again, and then Paul Jagger got eighth place there big money one of course, lots of PGT points up for grabs in this event. The PGT points, of course, as it pertains to a twenty five K buy an event on the PGT are point six to the dollar. So Tim and I will talk about how this implemented her changed up the PGT leaderboard a little bit later on. But Stephen Song taking it all down four hundred and forty k, tremendous year for him, and it continues. Would expect more things, you know, he won, he won the WPT Prime.
Speaker 2: Was it last year?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Two years ago?
Speaker 2: Two years ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I would expect he's back in at the win in December, so his year probably not done, you know, so so yeah. And then over in the ten K high Roller, one hundred and seventy entries, hell up, good lord, Sam's overall top of the field there to win three hundred and eighty five thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollars, his third PGT win of the season, his ninth PGT victory overall in history, his tenth PGT cash this season. Also, this win did push him into the top four of the leaderboard again. We'll discuss that a little bit more later. He defeated Nick Sewart in heads up play. Seward got two hundred and forty one K for second place. Sewart is enjoyed quite the breakout year on the poker. Felts also, you know, taking his career to the next level in terms of you know, firing at some high rollers and battling there and seeing some success. Barry wood Woods excuse me, got third, David Coleman got fourth, Valentine Shall Bennick got fifth, Adam Adler sixth, Danny Wong seventh, and Brian Altman took eighth. You got any thoughts there? Pretty good turnouts? What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exceptional turnout. I'm a big believe of that.
Speaker 1: Exceptionally exceptional.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred and seventy exceptional.
Speaker 1: Well what about the sixty for the twenty five k? Is that also exceptional?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's very good too. I think when you have these series, and we saw this last yea at NMPT, when you have a high roller at the end, you get a lot of people playing up, you know, up to the buy and because you know they'd be the bus of the main event or they've cashed the main event, got some extra money, or they just want to try and get on stock, so you know, the selling pieces taking shots, So you get a lot of plays in these events that you would never normally come for a high roller series of the same buying price point. So you always know that this, like you know, backup schedule ten K is always going to be huge and yeah shout one hundred and seventy entrants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I agree with you. You know, like if you were to draw a parallel to what we do on the PGT for example, you know, like say, whoa, why don't we get one hundred and seventy entries in our tenks? Well, it's just it's just a different series, as Tim pointed out, where it takes like kind of one caliber of player, one size of bank role to come out to play like the entire Poker Masters versus you're coming out to play napt Las Vegas. You're gonna fire like the eleven hundred dollar run good Open, You're gonna fire the main event. You're going to play some of these small assidements, and then you're going to take like your one or two shots in the ten k, maybe the twenty five k, right, So that that's just how it's approached versus if you're coming out for again, let's say the poker masters, right, there's not like that small stuff to play and then you take a shot. So so yeah, I mean, I I you know, I love the five K price point, and I think it's absolutely positively wide open in the US and somebody needs to take it. Maybe that'll be the NAPT, maybe it won't, who knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah you say no, I was going to mention about the five K price point. You know, we've heard of other locations potentially for NAPT in North America. I'm just wondering if some of these other locations, like whether it's on Ontario, Michigan and Pennsylvania or whatever, can they could they sustain a five K price point, because I think it too should have wherever the n APT goes, it should continue the cadence of a five k main event. But can those other markets support that price point, you know, even a something close to that guarantee.
Speaker 1: So I mean, let's let's let's do some sketching here where where. So I see two ways for the n APT to go. One is the five K price point.
Speaker 4: You have.
Speaker 1: Let's say four events a year. I just don't know if there's more venue slash locations that you can work with that can support a five K. So you do, you know, essentially quarterly events right at the five K price point, make them like this, I could. I would even say that you could probably extend them to be like two weeks long as opposed to ten days, so cram more stuff in there. So I think that's that's kind of like path A that they could go down. The other path that I think that they could go down is have a lot of nap events, be like last year's and then the Las Vegas one is their quote unquote Grand Final, which is kind of what you did with the EPT years ago, Like all the epts were five k's and then you had the Monte Carlo Grand Final was the ten k. Right, yeah, so you could you could do that. And I mean, listen, I love the five K price point, don't get me wrong, but I also know that like the the fifteen hundred dollars price point, like the regional mid major tour price point is freaking booming in the US, like, you know, so you could do something where it's like, I don't know, five to six of those and more markets can support that, and then they all kind of play into this grand final event in Las Vegas, the big destination. It closes the season, like all that sort of stuff, right, So I think that that could could work, and you could you could also maybe shift the napt Las Vegas window to be closer to December, if not in December, where then you draw in everything that's happening in December in Vegas.
Speaker 2: No, I go the other way. I think it needs to be further away from December because we see this.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on what I'll say that that's not bad, Like it can't. Like I feel like this window is kind of weird because it's like maybe some people wait to just come back in two three weeks for the wind and all that sort of stuff, right, So, like I agree with you, it kind of needs to go further away or closer like one or the other, like the weird middle ground. You know, it's a little weird.
Speaker 2: But anyway, continue I think it's I think the window is fine because of one reason. They now own this window. They own the first two weeks of November. They did it last year, they did it this year. Nothing has stepped on their toes. You know, let's say I'm going to organize an event for November next year, Well, I'm going to wait or at least, you know, do some digging about napt first, because they've kind of planted their flag so they can own this window. I think it's just enough away from win, you know, basically three weeks where people can go home and come back if we went if the festival was any longer, then yeah, you have these people are going to have these decision points that do I want to stay even though it's f one, it's going to be expensive. I would honestly say go earlier if you're going to move it at all. But they've planned the flag. Let them just own this two weeks in November. And I do love your idea of having more like a feeder. You know, you could go to Michigan, Ontario, Pennsylvania at a fifteen hundred price point, you could do maybe they can find partnerships in you know, Florida or in California, wherever Texas, who knows, and continue this kind of like tier two buy in price point, but also feeds. You can run extensive satellites, you know, like ten C guarantees or ten package guarantees at these stops, and you know, you can kind of build the narrative towards the Vegas main event, where hey, we've qualified you know, thirty forty fifty people from all these stops around the country, plus everyone online, plus all these promotions we're doing, et cetera, and you can start thinking, wait, we did three million dollar prize will guarantee this year, Let's do four million. You know, this is our plan to get to four million next year. We're going to do five million. Here's our plan, and kind of make it. Build it, you know, really build a big tour. Because I think a lot of people love the stop. They loved how the ballroom looked. It's obviously it's I think I think players in general want to experience new things. You know, we saw our players skip events to go play random stuff in Asia and Taiwan and Australia, et cetera, just to do something different. And I think this having this in Vegas is different to World Series, it's different to win, it's different to PGT and players want to experience something slightly different every now and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think now, after like hearing you talk a little bit more on it, and you sit in here kind of lean on it a little bit. I lean going the essentially sixteen to fifty price point, right, I would bang out having an event in Michigan because you're there, having an event in Pennsylvania because you're there, having an event in New Jersey because you're there. That's three. Then you can probably find a few others, you know, a few other regions to support that price point, which I think is easily doable within the States. You know, you can probably go north of the border to Canada to and find something there, and then it all kind of converges on Las Vegas as that sort of grand final event. I would also loop in some sort of NABT online series. You know, you can start doing that. So so yeah, that's that's probably what I would I would target. So yeah, I guess free consultation if they're listening, yeahl.
Speaker 2: Up, col up, we'll help you because you know, I I look, I know we're going to touch on some other windows, but I guess while we're on this, I think the biggest hole is the scheduling, and I know that has a lot you know, they have a lot of bit of a European influence on that, and that doesn't fit ourn market. You know, Leon has a bit of a say too. But with some small tweaks, I think that their schedule could be really good. You know, we looked at the earlier events. They had a five kplow that overlapped everything and that didn't perform that well. You can easily shift that early or late. Just some small tweaks with the bigger mind stuff could make it a really popular series for people to skip a triton, you know, or skips like actually make the trip to come out and you know, throwing two trips to Vegas when you factor in you know, the win in December.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, I mean I took some notes being there. You know, I played three events. I was there probably six seven days. I don't even know the first note. Literally look down hand number one and I'm already like somewhat tilted because I peel back the cards and they're jumbo index cards and I want to throw them across the room. It didn't even bother me once to be hop well, then you just must be a senior citizen. I probably don't why it doesn't you know, why it doesn't bother you because you are the mix you are the resident mixed game guy on the podcast. So jumbo face cards they are better for mixed games because when you're trying to play seven cards, doesn't look across the table at your opponent's board, it's easier to see them. Can plo, What what are we doing with jumbo face cards.
Speaker 2: I prefer the normal cards, especially in mixed games. And please don't judge me, but you will everyone out there because people make more mistakes. And I think that's a part of the game. I think that is I think that is part of like poker, that you know, not not covering cards, but just like if you can't see that it's a club or a spade, that's kind of on you. And if you make a bad mistake, that's your fault.
Speaker 1: Like blind people all.
Speaker 2: Good as the guy you're wear glasses right now?
Speaker 1: I like these are these are blue like blocking.
Speaker 2: They're not okay actual I like the normal cards, but like the jumper, don't bother me anyway here as much as you obviously.
Speaker 1: They're just it's just like you try and peel and they're just so big, and.
Speaker 2: Like peel them. Maybe you're just good appealing.
Speaker 1: What no I don't. I don't. I like to look at my hands in a nice concealed manner. I don't want these jumble cards in my face.
Speaker 2: Like. It's just no, you need to work on your appealing That's what I'm gonna say. It's just problem. I can do the double cover, the single whatever.
Speaker 1: And hasn't hasn't do they use? Who do they use? I think they use Copek because hasn't. Yeah, because they were branded Kopek on the back. It doesn't. I think Faded Spade came out with like a middle index.
Speaker 2: Not that that's just stupid.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just saying it. If if they're so dead set on using the jumbos, we'll go a little bit smaller. So yeah, anyway, Uh, the chip colors that they got to fix resorts, I mean, they're just some of them are too close, very close. They certainly well. Part of the reason why they're close to begin with. Okay, part of the reason why they look even closer is because the Poker Star's tables. One, the feld blends in with a lot of them. Two, the neon light strip on the tables you can tell which section also like then affects the colors of the chips to the eye, so it all kind of makes things blend together. Late rich tables were interesting. So I played the eleven hundred dollars Run Good Open, I played the fifty three hundred dollars main event, and I played the five to fifty napt Cup. I'm in the eleven hundred dollars main event. I'm texting with some friends. I was there for hand number one. They're like, how's the field. I'm like, gret I don't know anyone at my table. They come our hour and a half late. They're at a table with like a lot of known players, much much more difficult tables. Same thing happened in the main event. Like I show up for hand number one, there's kind of a section where there's maybe eight to ten tables and it all looks extremely soft, and then all the late rich people that walked in, it's like, you know, Eric Sidell, this person, that person like, and they all just did it like the same table and the same table. So it was like pretty clear that if you late REGs you went to a certain section of the room and sat there. Yes, that's not really good.
Speaker 2: I have a theory on this, but continue, No.
Speaker 1: What's your theory. I mean, that's all I gotta say. They need to fix that.
Speaker 2: So obviously you may know that it doesn't matter. The way they do the registration for upstairs isn't through Poker out lists, which is obviously a Results World product for those that didn't play they use.
Speaker 1: Well that's not true. You go to sign up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let me finish first.
Speaker 1: DESK gets poker atleas then it transfers to.
Speaker 2: K hold Yes, so but K hold them. What I'm saying is that's where you get your allocated your seat. K hold them is a European product. So we're obviously liking care about late Regin and we're probably looking at this from a American perspective. Maybe in Europe, this is how it's done and this is how they like it or prefer it. So they haven't adjusted here when they came here. So I'm not going to put it all on Results World. I'm wondering if this is just the way the kind of K holder maps built and the way they are accustomed to doing registration in Europe, because K hold them is the number one, you know, the number one kind of product for tournament registration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm not necessarily trying to put anything on anyone. I'm just saying these are areas for improvement.
Speaker 2: I registered for one event with with Mike Patrick, fellow poker media member, and we both at the same table, and like it was with I.
Speaker 1: Mean, like I'm playing in the main event, you just see like three people like I see like Eric's Adel doing, Lindy Tristan Wade walking they all just sit at the same table. Yeah, the next three notables walk in, they also did the same table. Like it just happened over and over again. So it's like what you know, I mean, part of it is like the most important you gradulate, regulate, right, and like it's it's obviously better to be there on time if this is what's going to happen, but it should be pretty.
Speaker 2: Equal, right, Yeah, it should be. And you know, I think WSP had a lot of you know, negative comments about their late registration process a couple of years ago, and they've done a lot to make it a lot better now. Obviously we do hours a certain way, but we have the benefit of a smaller kind of playpool and can do whatever we want. But yes, I definitely agree with you, especially in the five K main event. All the high role was they need to kind of do a fairer process for the late registration.
Speaker 1: You touched on like some some scheduling sort of stuff. Like the first thing that stuck out to me is the twenty five K overlapped the main event like start days entirely, you know, because it ended on that second one. Because I was, I played, I played, there was the main e. It had three starting flights over two days. The first it had one A, then it had one B and one C on the same day. I played one B. So on the second day and they were finishing the twenty five K. So yeah, I wouldn't you want those players to get in there and blast maximum entries in the main event. So I thought that was a little interesting and maybe you maybe you delay that to the back end. I also, I mean you you and I know from covering or from doing the PGT that I mean, you can do a twenty five K two days. You don't need a three day tournament like you you know, just you can just do it and get it over with. So I thought that that was interesting. Some of the start times caused some congestion at registration, you know, for example, when I started the main event on Wednesday, it started at eleven am. I was in the registration line, and there was also it started at eleven am a six hundred dollars satellite for the main event. So it's like, you know, there's people registering for both. You definitely want to get people butts in the seats for the main event, so maybe don't schedule that as time. And then the on Friday. Was it Friday when they had the napt Cup the first day? Yeah? Yeah, they had four flights for the napt Cup, one A and one B around Friday, one C and one D were on Saturday. On Friday, they had one A started at eleven or twelve, I can't remember exactly, but then at at two or two thirty they started an eleven hundred dollars tournament, and then at five or six they started the second flight of the five fifty. I don't really understand that, especially when the five point fifty has a three hundr k guarantee on it, It's like you want to drive everyone into that to hit that one. So so yeah, another this is a weird one that I wrote down, and it happened every single day that I played, but people asked for drinks like alcohol. The bar didn't open till four o'clock, which is extremely weird. I mean, we're not in Utah, We're in Vegas. Okay, We're not at church. We're playing a poker tournament in a casino, Okay. So you know, there was a bunch of times when people were like, hey, can I get a beer or whatever, and they were just like, yeah, well the bar isn't open till four.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought that was a little weird. Dealers and staff are incredible. I didn't have a single dealer that I even thought was like questionable. A lot of them were like the best WSP dealers is like what you saw, which is you know, having been on the ept A lot, you know like those are some of the best dealers in the world, if not the best dealers in the world. And that very much translated here. You know, they got the best dealers, They had very good floor staff. The room it was a different conference room this year, much bigger. It was tremendous. I mean you walk in, it's like, Wow, the branding is the best branding I've seen at a poker tournament in Las Vegas ever. Hands down. I mean, there's nothing that beats it. The only thing that I think would could rival it, and this is going to sound like a home or take, is probably the Poker Gro Studio. But that's because you know, it's smaller, it's more confined. We can control it a little bit more versus them doing this massive, you know, thirty forty thousand square foot conference. I mean, it was awesome. The only thing that I would change about the conference room itself is the back part of the conference room had this sort of crescent shaped window that spanned the entire thing. And you know, obviously because of the I think because of the TV filming that was happening, they had to keep the drapes on it and not have the windows open. But I just kept thinking in my head, like this is kind of giving me Monte Carlo vibes because they have massive windows. Sometimes they open the roof in Monte Carlo to start the day, and there was a sweet balcony out there that that over that you could see out, like you could see the wind Venetian like other parts of the strip, Like it had a really good view. So like I would like to see them utilize that a little bit more so maybe keep that open, maybe even you know, put some high top tables out there and people can go outside. Like I thought that would have been really cool to utilize that space as well. But the room was was nuts, like the whole Like every time I go to the Resorts World and I probably said this last here, but like I feel like it just doesn't get the love that it deserves. It's so freaking nice, and it's it's on the strip, but it's off the strip. You know, We're like you don't have to go into the heart of the strip and like deal with all that sort of stuff. Like in a lot of ways, I was thinking I was walking through there, and I was like, this fucking conference space is first of all, it's incredible, Like even in the hallways of the conference space, like they have like four K digital led walls like promoting stuff and like and that that wasn't like that's not the Poker Stars thing, like that's just on in the building of resorts.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The only thing I would say there quickly is just I would put a tournament clock in the hallways for breaks, because all the tournament clocks were in the tournament room. But I would put something outside that you know, yeah, sure, yeah, sure no. But I was thinking, like as I'm walking through there and like I would do long walks on break and whatever, and I'm like, these guys should have bought the WSP, I mean, you know, and brought it there. I mean because then you like you're away from the strip and like enough that like it's not that big congestion, like you could have brought a lot of business there, Like I thought that would have been pretty cool. But anyway, Yeah, the Resorts World, I think is awesome. A lot of good food options there, It's quick, it's easy to get in and out of. You know, they do the free parking if you have your your player's card and all that sort of stuff. So I got a lot of European Poker Tour vibes. Obviously they have a lot of EPT going through the Blood with with a lot of those people coming over and having hands on the NAPT product. But but yeah, I mean it looked it looked great last year. It looked even better this year, which I feel like is hard to achieve, you know, when you when you set the bar so high to start. So kudos to Poker Stars, the NAPT and resorts worlds for all of that, and yeah, I hope it comes back next year. I would probably make it two weeks long, you know, a little bit longer, and I wouldn't be starting the main and on a Tuesday, just me. I mean, that's you know how I feel about You know how I feel about that you start if you have two starting flights Friday Saturday, if you have three Thursday, Friday, Saturday. You know how I feel about this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess, but I feel like that's it.
Speaker 1: That's a European thing, like it just doesn't matter. You just start whenever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it is. So my comments, Uh, you don't need three days for a hirollap but I think that's a very much a pocus I was thing. So that's fine. I just you need to shift that twenty five k for this year. You could have started it Friday, Saturday Sunday. Now I know they don't want to play Sunday, but it's a final table, so it's fine.
Speaker 1: You could also do like two and a half days, like start the high Roller, like six pm, play till ten pm on day one, like something like that. Like I'm saying, if they want longer play, then three days, Like, that's probably how you would do it, where but still have the thing where like people don't need to show up to day two if they don't want to, like, you know, all that sort of.
Speaker 2: Would If let's say we keep the Tuesday main event day just for this example, I would have done Friday, Saturday, Sunday for the twenty five k. Right, you can still run the five fifty mystery bountie. It's a completely different player field. On the Monday Tuesday, you could do your five k plo right instead of doing it on the Tuesday where it overlaps a bunch of other stuff. Yeah, it's very obvious that, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, let me let me tell you guys that I would say that they would probably move to three day ones for the main event last year on separate days and not do that last one. That's kind of a quote unquote turba flight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're going to be in mind when you're Yeah, they're going to be pigeonholed to the like. Look how they started. They started November. It's like they didn't want to start on October thirtieth. They wanted to start November first. So if we look at this, if we look at November calendar next year. November first is a Saturday, so and that does that mean they're going to end on Sunday the ninth, So series is going to be essentially a day shorter or are they going to go into that second week? Are they going to out a little later?
Speaker 1: So no, go for two weeks.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess also we have to ask when F one is. But yeah, you can have some manipulation. I agree with you with the main event stuff. At a five K price point, it's not that huge having to start on weekends, but it's always going to help. Obviously you're gonna have to figure out filming and how they want to kind of schedule that and go kind of work you know how we always talk we schedule the main and work backwards. So schedule the five K main schedule the big game stuff, and then start filling in the gaps. Like I think some of their events were great.
Speaker 1: Let me November twentieth through twenty second. Is F one next year?
Speaker 2: Okay? So then go definitely go into that second week into that third week of November.
Speaker 1: I like this year, by the way, that it wasn't as close to f it was last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, five fifty napt Cup was a success. The one k run good was success, mister BOWNI great, But like you said, they had a five to fifty, they also had a one k. That's the same player pool. I think two hundred and fifty and three hundred and sixty dollars unlimited entry, nine time events. Some of those I think they need to fix. Like, you don't need to overlap. I'm not sure you really need those three.
Speaker 1: Sixty seven events running. I felt like eight events run just non stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot, but I think the schedule was better this year. But there's definitely a lot of work that can be done to make it like a perfect schedule. And if you make it a perfect schedule, you're going to have more people coming. Like, there's a lot of people that didn't come that you would normally play these type of events. So a little couple of tweaks, maybe hire me and I'll help you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean, overall, really really good stop. You know, a lot of momentum from year one to year two that was gained, and I would love for them to just carry that momentum over you know, I don't really think they need to do anything with the guarantee.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would just go up to three and a half. Very subtle change.
Speaker 1: Does that even matter?
Speaker 2: I think it looks I think it looks good.
Speaker 1: Like when you look at that as if you go three to five.
Speaker 2: No, I think I think any any forward step is a good step. Don't do WPT and like run a marathon just one step thirty, you don't do that, just three to four. They could go to four.
Speaker 1: It's not that WPT ran a marathon. It's that they tried to run a marathon as Usain Bolt, like, yeah, that's what they do.
Speaker 2: That's a good way to put it. They could go to four million, as long as you're going to tell me that, hey, we're going to put as many people in or give away as many of those what are they called gold passes.
Speaker 1: Old passes of which they qualified one hundred and fifteen gold pass winner. Shout up Pete Johnson, the Pokerg go Ano subscriber who won his. I would say you can. I would say you can confidently go to five million if if if you have to, I would say you have to get the gold pass number up to two hundred to two fifty and then I would also like to resets. Yeah, and then I would also like to see that paired with the like the introduction of like doing like those regional stops, like making it more of a tour, right, and then.
Speaker 2: I think that's season four. I think that's going to happen next year. But two hundred. If you want to go to five million, you need two hundred go passes. If you want to go to four million, I think you can do it with one hundred again, like at least the one fifteen, but just be just make a better schedule, really make it attractive for people to come instead of like going to a WSP circuit or just saying I'll wait till the win. You know, you have to make it like I can't misstop and that.
Speaker 1: The counterpoint to that would be that they did because there was a lot of like European players that came over to play this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm talking more about the Americans, Like I'm looking at people's socials and saying that they're not here or like choosing to play other events, et cetera. And it's like we need them to play. You know, if you want to go to four million, don't go to five please, don't go to five.
Speaker 1: I mean five is plenty safe for me.
Speaker 2: Oh it might be safe, but it's like it's a let's just let's just build it. Baby steps that is that is no baby step is four million? Five million is too big of a step. You like jumping over a puddle that's like three ft. It's like, oh, well, I will I cross or not?
Speaker 1: Five million is easy but easy. They ain't gonna be five million. They'll get five point eight in the prize. Bol no sweat.
Speaker 2: Sure they can do ten million. As long as you tell me how many gold pass.
Speaker 1: That's where that's where, that's where you make the mistake. The WPT you're three to ten questionable.
Speaker 2: Of course I think three to five is questionable. My point is you're going to tell me how many three I need to know how many gold pass winners they're going to do. That's the important part that that attracts the people to come. So you need to give me a gold pass on like you've gotta have to promise me x gold pass winners and then you can choose the guarantee on that.
Speaker 1: I always wondered why stops like this for example, you know other stops like the wind can do it in December, et cetera, Like they don't run satellites for the next year's event.
Speaker 2: I actually asked them this and they said, may.
Speaker 1: Just having it like that could be part of it.
Speaker 2: May because players don't really want to sit on like five k inequity for a whole yea, I would.
Speaker 1: I would say the players that are concerned with that are not the players that you're worried about. But like sure random gold pass winner that's there that won't be there again that maybe he.
Speaker 2: Doesn't mean during the series. Yeah, like, oh, I thought you meant like throughout the year at results. Well, no, I think that's a good idea. I think the last day. I think Sunday could be like a ten a ten million, not a ten million, and like a ten seat or ten package kind of guarantee for next year, you know, with the caveat that, like if it doesn't run, you get a refund kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Quickly hitting on some other winners from napt Las Vegas, Richard Bye won the eleven hundred dollars run Good Open for sixty eight thousand, five hundred and thirty dollars. This was a three way ICM chop when they got down to three handed play. Four hundred and eighty entries in this one. The event had a four hundred thousand dollars guarantee. It topped that four hundred and sixty k in the prize pool. Our good friend Ben Ludlow took fifth place for just under twenty four thousand dollars in the twenty two hundred dollars Nolam that hold him deep Stack. This had a pretty good turnout, two hundred and twenty four entries, four hundred and ten thousand dollars in the prize will Alexandro Trick Courico won at all I probably butchered that last name. Sorry, Alexandro. Eighty six thousand, eight hundred dollars for him for winning that one. And then we had the NAPT Cup. Ares Klein won it for fifty seven two hundred and seventy dollars, also a three way chop here three hundred thousand dollars guaranteed. In this five hundred and fifty dollars buy an event with one thousand and six entries, four hundred and eighty four thousand dollars in the prize school I was two of those entries. Tim was one. Tim cashed. I did not. Tim got eighty first for twelve one hundred dollars. Way to go, sir, Thank you, There to go. Just incredible stuff. It helps when you just make the nuts right out of the gate.
Speaker 2: And it was, yeah, it was. I literally played five hands in one and the half days of program. Well like not even lying.
Speaker 1: It was very much on brand for you. Yeah, on brand.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I was gonna give you some shit, by the way, but I can't. You're the resident mixed game guy on this podcast. That's why I was pushing you so much to play some of these mixed game tournaments.
Speaker 2: I hate him. Now I'm done. I'm retiring.
Speaker 1: Well, then that means you're retiring your brand. Your image is the mix game guy, You're just one.
Speaker 2: I got a new image. It's cowboy cowboy. Well, that's just these mixed game tournaments. I love playing him, I love playing mix I think I'm okay. The problem is like that, like even in the five what did I play the five fifty whole or Heroes, you know, it has like eighty ninety players, like they just they just don't get enough, Like the prize was not big enough. Like come World Series. You can play a fifteen hundred horse or something.
Speaker 1: That's fine, it's the World Series. What are you expect?
Speaker 2: No, it's not that. It's just like, if I'm going to spend five to fifty on an eighty player tournament, I would rather spend five to fifty or essentially two bullets, because I was always going to play the Cup. I have two bullets to play a thousand player tournament where I can win eighty K instead of winning potentially five K.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the way. I just not your brand.
Speaker 2: I'm changing my brand. We're having a rebrand, a rebirth.
Speaker 1: Life crisis, the whole rebranding. I get it. So the hell with mixed games. All the mixed game people out there who believe Tim is their their champion, he is no longer your champion. He is stepping down. It's coming over to the big bet streets. Okay, that's what he's doing.
Speaker 2: I will always champion for mixed games. I just will not be attending. I'm the resident in and then not a ten. I am the best no limit hold him player.
Speaker 1: On this podcast, you were telling me some of your hands.
Speaker 2: So that's I'm saying, Look, hey, I cashed an napt you didn't so therefore I am the current.
Speaker 1: Because I play like an idiot. Okay, I mean I don't play like an idiot, but I actually I want to talk about the main event because it was very weird for me. So the table to start was tremendous. I mean, I had one good player at my table, Mike Leang. Other than that, like a bunch of qualifiers, one guy said. One guy sat down and asked, and he was I mean, he was one thousand percent dead series. First of all, he raised to twenty five hundred on the first hand because because the chip colors were like messing with him. Then he asks is he's He said something along lines of like, so when do when do we win the DUBSTB main event seat huh? It made no sense when he was asking, but he was so like genuine about it. He's like, oh, somebody was like, oh no, you don't like this is the napt He's like, oh, I thought, I thought this is like to get into the main event, to earth to the WSP main Event. We were like, what are you what? No, okay, anyway, but everything was fine at my table, you know, I was playing my normal game. Then Dan Moran gets moved there and he's just he's just like like I talked about Nick Marchington earlier, just a young British kid. He just absolutely gets after it in every single pot. So goddamn frustrating to have this kid at your table I played with, I played with both of both these players. Got moved to my table on the WPT ten k at the win last year late on day one, and it was just a headache. You're just handcuffed all the time trying to play with these guys. I mean, yeah, you can battle with them, but it's like do you really want to do that on a day one? And you know, so I just always felt like Dan was like just trying to get the better of me, like no matter what, and like, you know, willing to go and see it any pots, which is fine, you know, don't get me wrong, but it just when he's two to your left, it just puts you in a lot of tough spots. Anyway, At one point I had the levels on day ROMs for sixty minutes we come back from break. I played this stretch, a two hour stretch when I probably v pipped eighty five percent. Every fucking hand that I was dealt was like Jack ten or better. It was Jack ten to queens. I never had kings or aces in this stretch, but it was seriously one. At one point, I raised seven hands in a row and I was like, these guys are gonna think I'm full of shit. And I just kept looking down at like Ace Queen. I was like what, like what this is out of control? Like what I can't like I remember, I think it was like the fourth or fifth hand. I look down and I see King jack off and I think I was in the hijack, and I was like, I should just fold because my image right now it's like the crazy guy and I'm raising every hand and like I think two maybe three of the hand I three bet on, Like I was just constantly playing, and it's not that I was winning every hand. My my chipstack looked like a freaking heart rate monitor because like I would win the hands post flop, like I was like, there was a lot of people entering the pots against me, yes, you know, and then it would just depend on what happened post flop and you go from there and like some hands I would win, some I would lose and whatever. So you know, but I think they they thought that I was just fucking crazy. Then I go on break and I come back and I don't think I played. I don't think I entered. Sorry, I did enter one pot for the next like three hours, and I opened as jack off and got three bet big and folded and that like that was it. So it was like very weird that like all of my hands that I was getting dealt were condensed into this one two hour window and then after that I didn't have anything. It was like I was getting dealt out at the table. So it's just a very weird situation.
Speaker 2: I had one stretch like that where yeah, and our friend Yohan came over to like talk to me, and I played like six hands in a row and he's like, I've done think I've ever seen you v pip that much? And you laugh. I got I haven't.
Speaker 1: I remember. I raised like it was like maybe like the six or seventh hand of this like one stretch when I raised every hand in a row and I looked down and I saw jack ten suited and I literally like just shook my head and then threw in the rays like I shook my head, like these guys are just not gonna fucking believe that I have a hand again, like you know, and I almost wanted to be like I have it every fucking time, Like I don't know what you want me to say. It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jack tenns in a hand just if.
Speaker 1: Jack ten suited at a six handed table. We were six handed during this whole stretch. Well, they play eight handed, which is tremendous. Yeah, love it, But we were six handed for like this entire two hour stretch. So you know, you just have to just get in there and get after it, like.
Speaker 2: Can I I'm need to make one comment about this eight handed play. Do I feel like the cup holders are in the wrong spot? Because all of these tables have in built like cup holders you swing for those way they they're under the table, we kind of swinging. I feel like they're in the wrong spot. Do you feel the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they probably are. I mean I don't use.
Speaker 2: Them, so I used them a few times.
Speaker 1: I was like, it's not only times to pull it out for my like the charger that's in them. Yeah, I mean the tables are great. Don't get that, but yeah, I agree, they're probably Do they have only eight underneath or do.
Speaker 2: They have like nine they have they have eight, but it's like yesterday I was in the my first I was in the eighth seat and I felt like it was in such an awkward position where I had to.
Speaker 1: See it's in a weird spot. I was in the eight sees as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even some of the other seats, I was like, it's not it doesn't feel.
Speaker 1: The other seats. It makes it seem like is this my cup holder? Is this?
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, I move it.
Speaker 1: I have to like ask you to move your stomach because I might hit you, like you know.
Speaker 2: So, yeah that's what.
Speaker 1: But uh but yeah. Also the structure of the main event was almost too good. I mean, you play the last level on day one, you play the same level back to back, so it's essentially a two hour level.
Speaker 2: Then the cop as well though yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then well in the in the eleven hard all run good. I mean you played I think you play five hundred on thousand or maybe it's six twelve one K fifteen hundred, but you play two levels back to back, so essentially two levels across you know whatever, two hours or whatever the heck it was. But they almost seem too good.
Speaker 2: You know, you need a bus. You need to bust some people so they re enter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, for sure, especially in the main event. I thought it was weird because you play that last blind level as essentially a two hour level, and then you essentially revert to ninety minute levels for the next day. Ye So don't you want people firing in that last level to then because you could re enter until the start of day two exactly, So that I feel like there you would you would definitely just want to just just go from one to the other. And plus you're already playing sixty minute levels. I mean, it's it's a good it's a good structure as is. You know, you know, this doesn't have to draw out for for a week, all right. Keeping it in the Poker Stars family. Some more news came out of their camp in that they signed Jason Kuhn and Caitlin Komeski as Poker Stars Ambassadors. So Jason Kuhn is what the high roller of high rollers. I saw him walk in for the twenty five K and I was like, what are you doing here? Aren't you a triton thing? He's like, no, I'm still a Triton. But there's some news coming all the whole. Couple days later, boom, the little press event is held and Jason Kuhn gets announced as the newest Poker Stars Ambassador. I mean, I mean Kuhn needs you know, little instruction. He's got almost sixty million dollars in live tournamentarans plays the absolute biggest events in the world. Biggest tournament's also biggest cash games. He's been on High Sakes Poker, he was on they did some filming of the Big Game on tour. He was in one of the lineups there, stuck around to do some of that stuff, and then he jetted off to Trenton, where he is right now. And then Caitlyn Kameski, you know, she's in I would I would classify her as up and coming player, but also very much in the content creator space. So she won a Global Porker Award. Was it a year or two ago? I can't remember it. Yeah, her best short form content Creator. It was in twenty twenty three. So she joins the team as well. I love Caitlin stuff. I think she's super funny. When she puts out those those short short form pieces of content, mostly video on social media, I think they're a freaking riot I've played with her a bunch. She's an absolutely riot at the table as well, so good on her for being able to, you know, I guess, leverage the content into in ambassadorship with Poker Stars, and I'm excited for things to come from her in that regard. I'm pretty sure I know what we're getting from Kuon. You know, not to downplay that signing, but yeah, Koon of course was recently with or I don't know how recently, but Gigi Poker left them, has maintained his spot with Triton, which he still has, and now he joins Poker Stars and then Kaitlyn Kameski also on board. Do you have any thoughts or.
Speaker 2: I was very surprised by both names, to be honest, it looks like, you know, Stars is you know, making a shift here in North America, and you know, you want to player that's well respected plays high roller events going to be a great ambassador at Jason Kuhn's top of that list. You know, if they're all in on content creation, that pool of content creators is pretty small. But Kaitlin's one of the you know, the one of the top ones there. So no, I think it's two great signings. I just will see, let's see what they're kind of haveing have planned for them over the next year leading up to the next napt All.
Speaker 1: Right, here's Tim talking with Jason Kuhn about joining Team Poker Stars.
Speaker 2: Jason, congratulations announced today part of Poker Stars. You've been part of other companies before. What separates Poker Stars from from everyone else?
Speaker 3: Well, the presence here is pretty amazing. Them making an effort to have more with American poker tours really exciting. As an American poker player, like I was saying, you know, fresh out of college, coming to Vegas my first couple of poker trips.
Speaker 1: And and.
Speaker 3: Going into stops where you could play on the same online poker site that sponsored the live live event was really cool. It gave you ways to satellite in and gave you opportunities to play tournaments, you know, mainly being a startup or a starting online poker player like that was your only way to get into the big buying tournaments. None, none of us had the bank rolls.
Speaker 1: Did you show up and play a five K Maine?
Speaker 3: So I really love seeing the synergy start to happen again, and and it gives me a hope for young American poker players, Like it's kind of been the dark ages here for you know, if you look around at the high stakes, almost never do you see a young kid break through and start playing high stakes that's an American.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's very very rare.
Speaker 2: Once in a while you'll see it.
Speaker 3: So it gives me a hope to see, you know, maybe there'll be a new generation of prodigies coming out of here.
Speaker 2: So that's really exciting. Obviously, being Vegas, we didn't have the luxury of playing on Poker Stars right now. Concerned one day, Yeah, does this punish it with Stars for you now? I mean maybe someone traveling to play exclusively online poker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, And you know I have I really hope, just from an American standpoint, that I can get the a loud voice for to expand, help Stars expand in America and help grow our our market share here. But of course I'm gonna be playing in Stars whenever I'm in Europe playing live tournaments, I plan on playing a couple of BT's a year, and on top of that, I still will be representing Triton, So when I'm in Triton's, I'll be playing on Poker Stars. There's gonna be a lot of ways for me to play online poker again, which is really exciting.
Speaker 2: Speaking of China, one of the most beautiful setups, you know, that's what the n ninefold incredible production value. I think what we've got here at Results World right now is pretty It's pretty close.
Speaker 3: It's insane. That's set is ridiculous, all led. They can just make it whatever they want in seconds. They just give me a tour from behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Is a major production.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: The fact that they ship all this stuff here is insane.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's the production value of Stars has always been that way. You know, if you go to I remember playing like EPT Dovil in the middle of France or just early epts, and that was the one thing that stood out, was like you felt special walking into an EPT or a Stars event.
Speaker 2: They really go all out. I've never been to an APT but I hear a lot of people tell me that when you step into this ballroom, it feels like you're out an APT T the same way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, It's it's that same thing. It just feels really high end. The players are looked after, people are excited. There's a buzz in the room. You know, they just do a really good job staging this stuff. Running these events has to be ridiculously complicated, and they always bring such a high quality to the events.
Speaker 1: So it's awesome, it's exciting. All right. That was Jason Kuhn. I mean, listen, I've said this to many of people. I'll say it again. Jason Kuhn is one of the most down to earth nicest people in poker. Love the guy. Even though he recently handed me a fifty dollars bill, God knows. I mean, it's just absolutely ridiculous that he did that. But yeah, great, great guy, great stuff. And he also said, I mean, like I was. I was, like, you know, I watched all the I wasn't there for the precedent you were, but I watched a lot of the interviews and stuff that came out of it. Basically, how he's talking about next next summer at the w SB, He's coming hard. Yeah, So does that mean we should draft him in fantasy? Selfishly speaking, I mean, what does hard mean? Hard mean? You know, every twenty five K and higher? Does hard mean he's going to be out there battling in the five K eight max I mean, like, what what what is? What does hard mean? I guess I guess we got to talk to Jason and figure this out. Yeah, but he's, like he said, he's basically ready to get after it. I would probably say that, you know, some of that was maybe family stuff. You know, has two young kids now, so you know, spend a little bit more time there. He's already obviously made a crap ton of money in poker, you know, so plays a little bit more infrequently these days, but come the summer next year, it's back to full on blasting. And if he's putting in, if he puts in twenty plus events, which I think is a lot, that's a lot for him, right. But I mean the way he's talking, I mean that that seems like that would what it would mean twenty plus events, then I would say he's got a pretty good shot at winning another bracelet, right, I mean, especially in the fields that he's in. He's obviously won a lot of those types of high roll or super high roller fields, right, you know, obviously they're they're frequented by a ton of top players. But kun is among the best of the best, if not the best, so he can certainly compete there the fields are a little bit small, or the structures are very good, all that sort of stuff. So yeah, I would say if you can get if you can get twenty plus events out of Kuhn, then I would put him in the camp of probably a favorite, even money ish to win a bracelet, and yeah, we'll see. I hope he really does go after it. I really do, you know. So I've always wanted to, like in a fantasy world, like take a Jason Kuhn and be like, hey, you have to play one hundred live poker tournaments a year, not of a buy and above five thousand dollars. I just want to see how you do, like go out play like you know the eleven mspt at fire keepers, like you know, I want to like, I want to like what you know, can you have a profitable year like I mean obviously yes, I mean you know there's variants of course, but I just I want to see it, right, Yeah, But anyway, all right, fantasy update quickly, not too much to hit on, only the fact that you had one cash from the you had Jim Calby finished I think the twenty five k.
Speaker 2: Yeah for it.
Speaker 1: There, So I'm still up on PGT points twelve hundred and seventy five for me, eleven twenty for you. You're up on wins two to one. I'm up on cashes anyone to seventeen. Of course, the last little fantasy stretch for us here is the PGT Texas PLO roundup that's coming up pretty soon.
Speaker 2: I felt like I ran awful to not get a couple of cashes there where at Ozma's Collopy.
Speaker 1: Hendrix has enough cashes this year, so don't worry about that.
Speaker 2: I needed one more.
Speaker 1: I mean I thought, I mean, yeah, I ran bad too. I didn't get anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you have a terrible team, you have a PGT only team.
Speaker 1: Well, a decent shot we would get YACKI and Shulman I. I didn't know at the time of drafting what Lonas would do, ye go to Triton or not, but there there's a good shot that he stays here. I mean he's from like, you know, there's big buyans on the schedule, like why go over to whatever? And then I saw that he was heading over to trit and I was like, oh, well I lost that one whatever. So yeah, I'm just I guess trying to play defense. You know I don't play defense here. Speaking of Jeremy osmus Let's hit on the PGT leaderboard, Jeremy osmus maintains his lead despite having no cashes during the NAPT twenty seven hundred and eighty nine points for him. Notable finishes from the two PGT qualifying events you have Jim Collaby. He moved up to seventh with seventeen hundred and twenty one points. He got fourth in the twenty five K. David Coleman moved up to nine, so back into the top ten sixteen hundred and fifteen points for him. He got fourth in the ten K. Sean Winter who took runner up to Stephen Song. He got second in that twenty five K, he gets up to fourteenth thirteen hundred and eighty three points. Sam Silverll he won the ten K, he gets into thirty third, so into the top forty one thousand and seventy seven points for him. And then Scott sever who got sixteenth in the ten K, so not a big K, but enough to boost his points to one thousand and twenty eight and he's now thirty six. So that is the that's the group of people that are in the top forty or now in the top forty, because you obviously have several who moved into the top forty following the PGT qualifying events at the NAPT and then you also had brock Wilson, David Stam, Stevensong, who we talked about at length already, and Nick Seward all had decent results from either the twenty five K or the ten K, and they are now what I would call within striking distance of the top forty. Brock Wilson is the closest technically outside but also technically in, depending on how you want to look at it. Because if it ended today, there are some people in the top forty who don't have the qualifier of three cases, so those people would not be qualified. Therefore brock Wilson would be qualified and he would get in. But let's just look at the top forty. He's currently in forty eighth place, so he'll behind that PGT Last Chance Series. David Stam is eighty third, Stephen Song climbed all the way up to eighty seventh, and Nick Seward is in one hundred and third. I would probably expect all of them to be at the Last Chance Series. Yeah, A win, A couple final tables probably does it for at least the first three, Wilson, Stamm and Song. I mean for Wilson, it's probably just you know, a cash or two and he locks himself in Seward has a little bit more of an uphill climb, but you know, one hundred and third place, you know he can, he can, he can have some results at that at that last Chance series, So you know, I would kind of keep an eye on them, and yeah, I guess also worth noting that Jonathan Tomayo did not get his third cash, so he's still sitting on too. He wasn't the napt playing everything. We mentioned his deep run. I think it was twenty third in the main events, but that was not PGT qualifying. The twenty five k and the ten k were so.
Speaker 2: Same with Matthew Ambrush, he played both high rollers. Break those out and here is he aware? Yeah, he's like if I break, He told me in person, if I break this series, I might have to go to Texas. And he doesn't play and he doesn't love.
Speaker 1: Jeremy Becker also like he was he was like you, he was like, you guys got me, You got me with the points, Like I'm out here because he's outside the top forty trying to get in, so he's you know, a lot of these guys are are chasing the point. So I would say we did our job. Like I mean, I feel like a lot of these guys might have been at risk to going to Triton, but they stuck around, you know, and uh, yeah, I think it's it's good, you know. So so I mean Shaan Winter, for example, like I thought maybe he would go to Triton. David Coleman. I always feel like is like on the verge of going to Triton. Like at some point he's going to go to Triton, right, I mean, I have no idea about Sam Sorowell. He could probably go to Triton too.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's ever been to one, No.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean. But like I feel like at some point, like these these big behind players are just gonna gonna jump over and go to at least one stop, right, just kind of take a shot. So but yeah, I thought, you know, we already talked about the turnouts sixty and one seventy. Of course a lot of our players were in the field. So I say our players, like we own them, we don't own them, but you know a lot of the PGT regulars were in the field, so so yeah, good stuff overall. Next up for the PGT already touched on it, the Texas PLO Roundup. Matthew Lambreckt. You know, four cards, le'll can't be that much?
Speaker 2: Yeah much?
Speaker 1: I mean how yeah? Well he needs one cat, yes, So I mean, just he should just max late reds the main event every single day and just like freaking folds cat exactly. I mean, it can't be that complicated to learn how to play PLO, to like just get yourself into the money of one too. So that series starts on November sixteenth, that runs through November twenty fifth. It includes four PGT qualifying events. Of course, the biggest of the bunch is the thirty three hundred dollars buying main event, one million dollars guarant teed. There are also three fifty one hundred dollars PLO high rollers. And then we also announced the PGT Last Chance Series January second through twenty ninth, a bunch of ten k's how many six six six ten ks, all leading into the PGT Million dollars Championship. So that is coming up on the horizon. So in terms of the PGT, I guess quiet December for us, don't have anything running, but that's okay. It'll be a big January, of course, and then it's gonna all roll right into the next PGT season. It's gonna start with the PGT kickoff January twentieth through twenty fifth. We got the Poker grol Cup announced for February eleventh through twentieth. PGT Mixed Games is coming back February twenty fifth through March fifth, brand new Super High rollerbl Mixed Games. Tim is working hard on this one March sixth through eighth, planning to be a hundre undred thousand dollars buy in events, so similar to the Super High Rollable PLO, gonna do super High Rollable Mixed Games. As I said, Tim is working hard on it, but also very pushing, very hard for his Philip Sternheimer, who's like, we might as well name it the Sternheimer Roller Bowl with the way that he's pushing this thing. So hopefully, you know, he gets a good turnout there for sure, largest mix game tournament in the world right ever, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Gy PPC at the Divis, Yeah, fifty g PPC, So.
Speaker 1: I mean that would be what would what do you want for entries?
Speaker 2: Three tables would be I was gonna say nice, it's nice. Yeah, anything of a twenty I think is okay, it's a it. We just never know. It's so hot to predict.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then we'll have the PGT PLO series, at least the first edition of the PLO series March twenty fifth through April fifth, and then the US Poker Open April eighth through seventeen. So that's what coming up for the twenty twenty five PGT. Of course, you guys can check out the schedule and everything PGT related over on PGT dot com. All right, quick short break here, we need to thank one more sponsor and then we'll dive into Tredon Poker Series and then talk about Philgalfond for a little bit. Thanks to the World Poker Tour, you could be playing in a record setting five million dollar free roll this December, and it's all in support of the CLUBWPT Gold launch. For your chance to be one of the lucky ones playing in the biggest free roll of all time in Las Vegas and for your chance to win the million dollar first place prize that the free roll is gonna have. Sign up for free now at clubwptgold dot com. The only way to get into this free roll is by invitation. You have to win a golden passport and you can do that by going to CLUBWPT dot CLUBWPT goold dot com. Excuse me, you sign up. It takes like four or five minutes. Enter the promo code poker Go so that they know that we sent you. And yeah, and also I mean listen, stay stay posted to social media because the WPT family, the WPT Ambassadors WPT themselves, you know, they're often doing various different promotions. Like Tony Dunst had won over the weekend where he listed a bunch of NFL games and he listed the spread and you had to pick them and whoever got the most right would end up winning a gold golden passport. So stuff like that is happening all in the lead up to December for this massive free roll. It's gonna be pretty wild. There are right around two thousand golden passports up for grabs. I know some poker gro subscribers have already won golden passports, so it can happen to you CLUBWPT goold dot com sign up for free. Put the promo code poker go in there so they know that we sent you. It only takes a minute of your time, all right. Triton Poker Series Monte Carlo is still on going, but some big, big winners come out of this series. Brian Kim kick things off twenty five thousand dollars WPT Global Ultimate Slam. WPT Global is now the presenting sponsor for the Triton Poker Series, so they named this opening event. Brian Kim won it for nine hundred and forty one thousand dollars. He's been knocking at the door for some of these Triton events for a long time, so finally gets that monkey off his backs. Alex Foxen traveled overseas I think his first Triton stop. Him and Kristen are both over there. He won the fifty thousand dollars no limit eight handed event for one million, four hundred and seventy thousand dollars. In the one hundred thousand dollars no limit hold Them event, Peter Aertz, Michael Soyza, Fader Holtz, and Mario Mosbach chopped it up. I believe it was a four way chop anywhere between one point five and two point three million for them, Iyertz two point two three four million, soye's a two point three million. Fader Holds one point five million, and Mosbach one point five million, so they chopped it up there. Patrick Antonius, the legendary Patrick Antonius, recent inductee into the Poker Hall of Fame. He won the two hundred thousand dollars Invitational for a career best score of five million, one hundred and thirty thousand dollars. This guy still does it, Tim, It's the best.
Speaker 2: I just wish you played on our events.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's a freaking crusher man. It's unbelievable. Yeah, he looks like he has an aged a day.
Speaker 2: It's yeah wild.
Speaker 1: Nearly twelve million in tournament prize money this year for Antonius, his best year ever. And then you had Jesse Lonis winning the fifty thousand dollars Noloman hold Him seven handed event for just over one point five million dollars. And then today, just before we hit record, Bryn Kenny won the one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars buying Triton Main Event over in Monte Carlo his second Triton main event title. He won it for four million, four hundred and ten thousand dollars, and it allowed him to become the first player in poker history to eclipse seventy million dollars in live tournament winnings. Holy freaking crap, man, I mean, this guy like literally shows up for the biggest events in the world. Only, like I does he play anything less than a hunter k Yeah, I know I'm exaggerating hyperbole here, but still, I mean, wild, absolutely wild. He crushes man, He's the best. Yeah, he's just freaking wild. How I mean, I mean seventy million? Good lord, I mean he's got it. I know we talked about it like a couple of months ago in terms of, like, you know, who's gonna be the first player to one hundred million. I mean it has to be him now.
Speaker 2: He's yeah, the favorite, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean I thought he was gonna be a little bit more few and far between in terms of some scores, but I guess not. I guess you know, just every trading poker series, you know, Brin Kenny's just gonna rip off multimly. They said something on the broadcast after he won like his average cash and a trating event is like two and a half million dollars. Fuck a real stat That's awesome, I mean, good lord. So yeah, so that is Britny winning the main event. They have some like they have a one hundred and fifty k that started now, so there's some other stuff going on. I'm sure if we have any big winners there, Tim and I will hit on it. But all the killers are out there at the Trenton Poker Series over in Monte Carlo doing their thing. Last topic today, Phil Galfond had this long, long, long, very long like it might as well have been an essay on Twitter slash x where he talked about his idea. So I guess quickly on some background. So his idea is essentially giving back Rake or maybe rewarding Rake back in the form of various types of rewards for the players. And what I mean by that is so Galfund launched Run It Once Poker. It didn't work at least it didn't catch on, but then he ended up selling the platform to Rush Street Interactive and it all became Bett Rivers Poker in Pennsylvania. So that is now currently live and running. Bet Rivers is like a big gaming company, right, it's not just poker. They have sports, they have casino, all this sort of stuff and gal funds. I guess Galaxy brain idea is knowing that if you're part of a big company like a Bette Rivers, and you have these three verticals casino, sports and poker, poker is always the lowest on the total pool, right, Like you just you make less money from that, there's leftos for revenue, et cetera. It's more of like, in a way, a marketing tool to get people into the platform and then maybe you eventually convert them to casino and sportsbook where you know, you make a lot more money there the margins are higher, et cetera. So knowing that, his idea is to essentially take the rake from the poker and then give it back to the players in a quote unquote zero rake model where you reinvest this rake as rewards and they can like use these rewards, I guess most specifically for casino and sports books. So it's a way to get people in through poker and then hopefully convert them to the better revenue generating models that are casino and sports books through you know, reading his post, I guess he has three months to make this happen. You know, basically they gave him, you know, I mean, Galfund's always extremely transparent. You can find it on Twitter, you know, just at Phil Galfund and read all about this. But for the next three three months, you know, Bette Rivers Poker is going to run this this zero rake model as sort of a trial, and they're going to see if they can attract more players than they originally projected to attract, and then also convert those players to casino and sportsbook and and and see if see if that's sort of a better revenue generating model. I mean, he seems bullish on it. I don't know if it'll work, but yeah, what what what are your thoughts hearing everything that I kind of just outlined. Do you think it's gonna work?
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're giving raak back to players, it's maybe going to get your play apol to grow, But how's the company going to survive? Just doesn't you must have you you you have to have some crazy long term plan that involves, as you said, converting them to casino, converting them to sports betting or whatever. I also don't think you need to give them back all the raake. You could just have a very good break back program, because obviously we're.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what they're going to do. So like a if I pay one hundred dollars in rake at the end of let's say at the end, I have no id if this is exactly how it's going to work. But this is an example. At the end of the week, I get an email that says, Hey, Donny Peters, you paid one hundred dollars in rake. You can redeem that rake back here with a one hundred dollars free bet on Bett River sports book. So like that's essentially how this can.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's as attractive as it sounds, though to poker players. Not every poker player is a I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I I agree with you. That would be my first concern is that the the poker players, the players that are going to I guess be in like the circle of Phil Galfon, are just poker players, right, I mean, I don't think they necessarily care about casino and sports book, so it might just be like kind of a one and done type of thing where they, you know, fire these casino bets these sports book bets whatever. But then they're not actually going to like move over to firing in the you know, the virtual pits or you know, or firing in the sportsbook. They're not going to do that. So that would be my first concern. Not that not that I'm like that this is how it's going to be. That would just be my like, this, this might not work for that reason type of thing. Secondary to that is, I don't know if being in a fenced in market of Pennsylvania only like allows this to even be able to be successful within a three month window because you're already at the you're already working with a much smaller player pool, right just being in a one state versus like if you were to do this in like let's say, if WSP dot Com did this for an example, and they have Michigan in New Jersey all in one, like, you know, maybe it's a little bit better. I'd obviously have to check the populations. Maybe Pennsylvania's larger, but the player populations, I don't know. I feel like this might be something that you would want to roll out more down the line, because it might be an extremely good idea and it might work in the future. But because you're handicapped by being stuck in just one state, then maybe it doesn't work and you would deem it as unsuccessful, But it might be successful. It might be something where like, if let's fast forward five ten years, you have eight states on board, everyone's sharing liquidity, then you implement this right versus like if it fails now and it doesn't work and then you want to try it again down the road, will executives just look at you and be like, we tried this before, it didn't work, so we're not doing it. But it might have just been the fact that you just had a lot of obstacles in your way to get it to work. So that would be another sort of concern. I I do like the galfond Is is thinking outside the box here. I do agree that you know, when you're a big company like a Bette Rivers, where you have these three verticals all at play, poker is unfortunately the lowest. I mean, obviously, we love poker on this podcast and we want it to be the biggest, but that's just not how the world works. It's very much like a regular casino, you know, the poker rooms are often in the back or they're an afterthought or a lot of pokes rooms in Vegas are closing down. Which which one just closed down recently? Is it Luxor is close closing down their poker room? I forget exactly, Sahara so so, so yeah, you know, it's just it's unfortunate, but that's just how it is. You know, slots make more money, table games make more money, sportsbook makes more money. You know, all that sort of stuff. Also has less overhead than than poker. So so yeah, so I don't I don't hate the concept. I just don't know if it's going to work. But I mean, listen, I guess you got to hand it to fill golf On for trying. You know, he's obviously trying. And then if this, let's say this works, this model works where you're doing it this way, I could see it catching on to being adopted by a poker stars, asp A, bet MGM, et cetera. Right, you know, I guess WSOP would be the outlier there, just because I feel like WSP is always kind of separate than the actual casino stuff. Yeah, and and maybe that's more so now that they're going to be owned by GG Poker, Right, So maybe that nessarially cares so much about that. But like a bet MGM which is all has all this sort of stuff, which or a poker star poker stars which has all this sort of stuff, then then then maybe they end up going down this road as well. So so we'll see. That's all I got. Oh, I want to hit on one thing. Uh we mentioned we met one person at my table in the main event, David. I believe if I'm saying your last NAM incorrectly, David, just message me and tell me anam it's either IVES or ivis one or the other. But he's playing at the main event final table with me, and you come over and he recognized you. He didn't recognize me, but then because I didn't say anything, but then I said something. He recognized my voice on the podcast and he said he came out and played because of well us talking around on the podcast. So good for David.
Speaker 2: Did you beat him out of any pots?
Speaker 1: We probably honestly broke even he beat you out of one hand when I should have bluffed, I should have fallen through with a bluff and I didn't. I just didn't pull the trigger. I opened nine Native diamonds. This was in a stretch when I was playing every hand, I opened nine native diamonds. He called imposition. I think he was on the button maybe, and it came Ace six ' three rainbow with one diamond. I thought, my best course of action here is to check raise.
Speaker 2: Okay, I checked.
Speaker 1: He bets I think twenty five hundred. I made it sixty five. He called, which is fine. I mean he's got an ace here a lot. I mean he can obviously have a set as well. But you know, he definitely has mostly aces here and he probably doesn't have he can he could probably have Ace Queen. I don't I don't know how David would play Ace Queen specifically. I would say that he doesn't have Ace king. He can maybe have Ace three suited. But he was also new to getting moved to the table anyway. And I can also turn a lot equity, like if it turns like a diamond, seven of diamonds, for example, would be a perfect card. I just start barreling off. Turn was a deuce maybe, yeah, deuce, not a diamond. I opted to just check, and I should have just went. I was like, I'm just gonna go bet jam and I was like, I don't know this guy can have two pairs. I have eight now in my hand. I want him to have like ACE eight a nine, right, So I was like, hm, I don't know. I ultimately didn't think that he would fold an ace, is what I just I don't know. I just talked myself into that I should have just barreled it off. So the hell with it. So I checked turn. He checked back, river was a five. Put a four liner out there. If he had a four, I I mean, I don't think I have any fours really here, especially the way I played my hand. He could have ACE four. So that's why I then didn't bet the river. But if the river was like I don't know something that didn't put a four line out there, maybe I bet it. Maybe pairs the board I bet. I don't I don't know, but I ended up just checking again. He checked back he had a nine. So I definitely could have blown him off the hand there, I think if I would fall through with my original plan. But yeah, I didn't pull the trigger because because, yeah, I decided I didn't need to do it. I don't know why. I just thought better of it. Through all everything, I just didn't think ultimately he would fold an ace. I do this sometimes where like I, you know, I checked the flop and I'm like, I can just fold to their bet, and then I'm like, no, the hell with it, check raise. I did this in the Run Good tournament, like the second hand that I played, and like, I, you know, I have fucking eight high on the river and I'm just putting all my money and like, you know, that's and of course I have to endure the fucking three hour three hour tank and I get the fold. But it's like, you know, it's one of those spots where like I could have just check folded and like not dealt with this and put myself into this this situation, but here I am, and now I have nothing and I have to go bluffing. So anyway, yeah, but yeah, but then I won a hand against him where like I opened ace ten suited race then off, sorry, don't even give me the credit for having it suited, got the guy behind me, Uh, went all in for like three x my rais. David called and then I called and it came ten high, and so I won those chips from David there. So we ultimately probably broke even over the course of the day. But it was a pleasure of meeting him. He's from the Northeast, so my neck of the woods, and uh yeah, hopefully I'll see him around plenty more. So good seeing you out there. That's all. I got. Anything you got, no good, that's it. We'll be back. I have no idea when in a week. Maybe, well you're going to Texas.
Speaker 2: I go on next Sunday, Okay, this Sunday, Okay, got this Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well we'll get some updates from Texas for sure, if not anything beforehand, but uh yeah, as always follow this guy on social media tim Underscore Underscore to Underscore Underscore, Underscore, Duckworth, I'm Johnny Underscore Peters and we will talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 4: So yeah, he fo