Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast.
Speaker 2: My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth.
Speaker 1: We just wrapped up Day one, Part one of the WSOP Main Event A final table probably.
Speaker 2: What day one pot one? That means it's another pot today, Day one Part one? No like Day one slash Part one? No, that's incorrect too, Final Table Day one. Stop.
Speaker 1: Okay, stop stop talking, because you do a whole bunch of shit incorrect. And I don't get on you all the time about it.
Speaker 2: You should.
Speaker 1: I try to, but you obviously don't listen because you just you do your own thing. It is Thursday, July fifteenth. It is eight oh five pm. This might be our earliest podcast of the summer. There was one other one that was pretty early. I think that was NINEUS. Yeah, so either way down to four in the WSOP A main event, and holy hell, Grinder Grinder. Grinder has an enormous chip leads. Some would say massive, shoutout massive. He has four hundred and forty five and a half million in chips. To better put that into context, I will just tell you that he has seventy six percent of the chips in play seventy six percent. He has one hundred and seventy eight big blinds. John Wosnock is in second with ninety four point five million, which represents thirty eight big blinds. Then it's Braxton Donaway with twenty five point five million, he's got ten big blinds, and then Kenny Hollard nineteen million, which is eight big blinds. So, as far as I'm concerned, this thing is either going to be over in an hour on Wednesday, or Grinder is going to be out in an hour because he plays. It is just it is full steam down the tracks. Get the hell out of the way, and if you don't get out of the way, there's gonna be a collision. Some places to be And I told you that Grinder was going to play a ridiculously big pot.
Speaker 2: Somewhat I also agreed with that, but I thought it was going to go the way of John, and it should have gone that way. But we'll get to it.
Speaker 1: Should will We will get to that one. I mean, holy hell, what a freaking day of poker it was. If you guys missed any of the action, I would encourage you to head on over to PokerGO dot com and watch the replay of the stream. It took about three hours and forty five minutes to go from nine down to four, so it's not like, you know, I'm telling you to go back and watch a nine hour live stream. You know, it's pretty easy. You can also check the in depth highlight video on the poker Go YouTube channel, so you can catch that as well if you want a little bit more of a condensed version. Before we jump into everything, do want to remind everyone to like, subscribe, rate, review, five stars, all that sort of stuff. Comments you know, you know, you guys know the Jill Okay do it for the Poker Girl podcast wherever you are listening or watching. So if you're listening, that's Spotify, that's Apple, you know, any podcast catcher that we're on. If you're watching us, you're likely doing so on YouTube. We would absolutely love for you guys to like the video, subscribe to the poker YouTube channel and leave a comment below. It does help us out a ton. The algorithm picks all this engagement up and feeds us to more people far and wide. And then if you love online poker, check out play PokerGO dot com where you can play online poker for free without spending a single dime.
Speaker 2: It's free to play. It is super easy to jump into, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it actually feels like real poker. It's got real players, it's got real hands being played. It's real damn fun and it is really really authentic ring games, tournaments, sitting goes, it's all all there on play poker go dot com. You can also download the game to your iOS device. You can download it to your Android device. So fire it up today, take your seat, and we will see you at the tables. WSBE Main Event, Final table. Right off the bat, first hand out, boom all in. Yeah, just incredible stuff there. So first hand delt, we get a knockout. It's day Young Lee. He raises Ace Queen. Now he came into the day second in chips. He raises with Ace Queen. John Wosnock defends out of the big blind with a couple of fives. Thought there might be an argument for Wassnock just to put it in against Lee, but he defends.
Speaker 2: Fine, it comes Queen Jack five.
Speaker 1: Hello, we got top toe Lee, cool, we got pocket Vye's bottom set for Wosnock.
Speaker 2: It goes check bet. I think the bet was three million raised to six point five million. Lee jams it in wasnock of course, calls and it runs out clean from there.
Speaker 1: We lose day young Lee. First, he collected a million dollars right out the gate. Interesting to note mister Lee did not have his mask.
Speaker 2: Or face covering on, and that was his downfall. Yeah, he switched up. It was like Samson with the hair cut. The hair.
Speaker 1: You cut the hair, you lose all your strength. You take the face covering off, you lost all your strength. I'm curious as to why.
Speaker 2: I think it was. What you know, maybe someone said something to him because he came into the day, walked in with no mosque, so obviously someone had told him, probably early on the halo, let's lose this. But you know, is it really unlucky? Probably not. We just know we're just we're just broken around with that. I mean, there's nothing he can do in this hand. The money's going in with how short. He was just wondering if it's if it's just a bitter spot to just shove in, shove it all in here, because we know we know John's probably likely fouling the five. He played pretty snog most of the most.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I mean listened. Jared mc guinea was pretty short, yes, but I think he still had fifteen big blinds to start the day, so I don't hate the way the hand played out. Ultimately, it's just a cooler on that flop, But what are you gonna do? It was pretty draw heavy. It was Queen Jack five with two diamonds, so you know, there's straight draws there, there's flush straws there.
Speaker 2: Top top with what seventeen bigs behind?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean he can have he can possibly have some worse hands for value. You can have King Queen, he can have Queen ten, maybe Queen nine, stuff like that. You know, I don't hate to play a bit of a cooler there to send Lee home on the first hand. And then we didn't have to wait long for the next bust out because on the seventh hand of the final table, Jared mc guinea gets his money in in a very similar sort of situation. This time it's Ace Queen for Ming Guinea, Ace Queen of Diamonds versus the pocket fours of Kenny Holler. Now it did play out differently. Pre flop you had to raise on the button from ming Guinea, Kenny Holler just elected to jam out of the big blind. Mc guinea of course calls the fours hold from there and we lose mng Guinea in eighth place. He takes home one point twenty five million, but did secure a quarter of a million dollars page out. You'll come in as a short stack. That's got to feel good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. You're not going to complain about that. And you know, like we discussed yesterday, he was probably the betting favorite to be eliminated first. But so you I think, you know, you look at a lot of these people that come into the short set oft the WSB final table, a surprising I mean, we should probably drew to check this, but a surprising amount of him have lighted up. So you're kind of coming in with with nothing, no expectations, right, you know, you're already guaranteed a million dollars. Everything's up from here. It's just like you just hope the cards are on your side, and you know, for Jared it was cards were not on say hung side and day hung side, sorry, and he and he felt first. So yeah, two hundred and fifty k in the pocket. So you were here. I wasn't here. I was off site just missing out on work.
Speaker 1: I was definitely working handling some stream duties from our office.
Speaker 2: And so you were here, I mean, what was so? What was it like?
Speaker 1: Like the first seven hands, we get two knockouts first and of course boom out of the gate, we lose lead. Then we lose mc guinea shortly after on the seven. Then what was the atmosphere like?
Speaker 2: Here, I'm gonna I'm gonna take it back a little further. Actually to about one o'clock, players start rolling in and security wasn't letting any players in, and players players, Braxton Dunaway was out there like can I get in? I was like sure? On next year's like no, we're not letting you in. We called, you know, we made some calls up to the top the final they let him in. And you have seen if you watch the broadcast in recent years, you normally see players walking in with a big entourage. There's signs this cheering. We're filming it. Braxton came in. He was just sitting doing some relaxing. We had Jared sitting in the rails, like in the audience boxes, just listening to some music. We had the Chip leader John sitting out here in the in the gold section, you know, on his fine. So everyone kind of came in without their big entourages.
Speaker 1: They should allow all the fans to come in, and they should let the players should like hang out somewhere.
Speaker 2: Like the old days. Remember when they came through the tunnel. You know what they would do, remember the tunnel.
Speaker 1: But I mean, obviously we don't have the turn you know what they should do that control room of ours that we take down and then we use it for the inner room, we should turn that into kind of a little lounge. The players themselves can go in the lounge and maybe you know, they can bring like the closest to them, maybe like mom and dad, wife or girlfriends something like that, right can go with them. But the rest of their fans are out here getting ready. Then you walk them out. Everyone's chanting, cheering. It's a whole thing.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be like kind of like, you know, it's it's Game seven of the NBA Finals, it's the Celtics, it's the like is and Lebron and Jason Tatum are in the same locker room. Isn't that like a little I mean hate but you you wouldn't know because you would treat it like you treat it like they do it, like like the NFL draft or the NBA draft, where like everyone has their own little section, So you need like nine sections back there, you know, with a couple of chairs.
Speaker 1: You know, they're all kind of like in their own little area, and that's what you do. You could probably do nine like around the outside of the room. Have a nice little spread of some food in there or whatever like in that that could also be used. That could also be used as a break room for the players, Like they can go in there so they don't get to go out here and you deal with all the nonsense and the chaos and the fans and people wanting photos and maybe asking for autographs and all that sort of stuff. So they can just duck out there, go into that room. You know, it's whatever. You know, they get away for twenty minutes or so, and then that's the thing.
Speaker 2: So once the players sat down, it was it was a media circus. Every media outlet was in the stage taking photos. You know. Our stage manager, Lose was like, do we need to kick them out? Yeah? I was like, no, they got twenty minutes we'll let them do the thing. And then once we finally got him out, we had Jack ready to do his intro. He's shuffle up and deal some technical difficulties, but we got the cards in the air. And then once that happened, he really felt you know, everyone still was feeling the seats, feeling the audience boxes. You kind of felt this like lifting that makes sense, like you felt, you know, the noise creeping up, just the pressure creeping up. The cards start getting dere Obviously, we get those first two bus outs and luck you said, we lose one on the first hand, we don't really expect that. Obviously it can happen. We lose one seven hands later, and it's just like it was very tense in here. And then you combine that with we've got a PLO event over here. We got a twenty five K over here, but we had two final tables going up, we had a lot of things going on combined with the main event where it just kept building and building and building and building, especially with all the action going on. So yeah, once we lost Day Hung and then we lost Jaredy, it was like, Okay, I think for these players, a little bit of pressure was off off them. You know, they've now ladded up two spots. Was seven handed. You know, the crowds kind of sat down a couple of people who dragged some pots. You know when we played the main event. Just winning that first part is going to feel pretty good. So he does stuff that and then like now we're riding to the think of things seven left, you know, all right, now you start making like your moves and moving up to the letaboard.
Speaker 1: And I believe with that first knockout, well actually it was. It was not only the first knockout. It was the first knockout. Then wasnok won the next hand. He won the first two hands because I remember joking on the stream that, you know, maybe he'll just win every hand. Then a couple hands later he picked up kings and won it. Yes, And quickly he went from one hundred and eight million up to like one hundred and fifty three to fifty. Yeah, right away, Kenny Holler took out mc guinea. He got up over one hundred million, right, so it's like, okay, we're off right, and then you know, a little bit of time passes before the hand happened that I said would happen.
Speaker 2: I said Miss Rocky would go nuts.
Speaker 1: Now granted, I mean he he had a big hand, but still, this is just this is absolutely wild. The cutoff makes it is Braxton Dunaway. He makes it four million. They're up to two million, big blind Wasnock on the button, finds a couple of kings. I believe Dunaway had Queen nineh Wasnock makes it ten million. Miss Rocky he's got seventy one million. He makes it thirty million, nearly half of his stack with ace King Dunaway out of the Waynock jams Miss Rocky calls it off, and all of a sudden boom, we got a pot of fire than one hundred and forty million. We got Miss Rocky absolutely dominated with his ace king up against the kings. For Wasnock, it comes Jack nine seven queen to give some additional outs to grinder.
Speaker 2: He can now hit an ace or a ten. The ten would give him broadway an ace on the river. And I am not sure I have ever heard an eruption as loud as that. It was out of control. I mean, the ground shook. It was wow.
Speaker 1: I Miss Rocky's obviously jumping up and down high five in the crowd like he's he's as into it as I've seen any player. And it's also crazy how into it he is because he's he's been around forever, like he's in a lot of ways you would you would you might look at him like he's a withered pro. He's been he's been through everything in poker. But like you can tell how much this means to him and is absolutely outrageous that act on the river. So he gets up to like one hundred and forty five million or whatever it is Wasnock goes down to like I think he still had one hundred million after that hand he would he chipped up nicely, so obviously a big blow, yes, but now we're like, here we go.
Speaker 2: Grinder just won all the chips. He's got the chip leader. Speaking of Grinder, where when that ace happened? When that ace hit, you know, we obviously saw the reaction on the stream from Grinder and from his supporters, but here in the horseshoe, you know, in that twenty five k horse high roll that's just in front of the main stage, a lot of Grinder's friends, you know, we have Chino, we have these kind of guys and you could hear it was actually chance coming from players in particular Eric Lingren started going Grinder Grinder. It felt like a lot of people in the room were team Grinder, Team is Rahi, which I didn't actually kind of expect amongst the you know, the poker players here, but obviously there's some there is an obsession with with Grinder with these guys, and it was very much felt like he was, without doubt the fan favorite, the player favorite, and it felt like even some of the people on the media rose favorite.
Speaker 1: I mean, just absolutely wild stuff. I mean, we've seen him hit cards in this tournament, but holy hell, that was a card to hit. Then in seventh place, we lose the story of the final table Leo Margetts. She busts to Kenny Hollard folds to her in the small blind, she limps the ace and of hearts. Kenny Hollard puts her in from the big line with two sixes. She calls it off. Of course, it comes jack seven to five with two spades, turn ace of spades. River is the nine of spades and Kenny Hollard has the six of spades in his hands, so he busts Leo Marguet's into seventh. She it did look like she didn't realize, but I think she had like gone over to her rail yep, and the acid of course, and everyone's very happy, and I think they just realized that the River wasn't the sixth and they all kind of they all kind of celebrated, which I think then Leo was like, oh I won, type of like she then she kind of like but then they were like, no, you know, he's got the spade, you know, and she's she's out, so we lose her in seventh place. She collects one point five million dollars, all things considered an incredible run by her. The fact that she got to the final table and was the first woman to do it in thirty years is just absolutely tremendous stuff.
Speaker 2: Is this I'm gonna say it's not, but is this the largest score ever by a female in the world? Now I know it is that the work I was gonna say, that's who I'm start checking right now, Livebury. That's the biggest one. Yeah, okay, one point five is probably and uh over said was I believe over two million when she won WS Europe when she was like, you know, fourteen years old. She was I think, I wonder if there's like associate Jang trying to score there someone too. Yeah, so one point five million dollars, she breaks that that long drought. There's no downside to her finishing in seventh. You know, I'm she was very disappointed when she bustled. You can see it on a face, very emotional. But hey, seventh place in the biggest event in the world. Fantastic of it, Yes, definitely. Then we lose Adam Hendricks in sixth place. He got tangled up with Grinder. It was Hendrix's jacks up against Miss Rocky's ace King and guess what a King hit the turn. As if everything else wasn't going as perfect for Grinder, he drills a King on the turn. Here he busts Adam Hendricks in sixth place. He takes home one point nine million dollars. That also put Grinder over two hundred million in chips, two hundred million. It's incredible.
Speaker 1: I mean that it was at this point, like obviously the first time when he hit that ace on the river and he gets the chip lead, okay, but when he hits this one, and I know this one is he's dominated in the other one here it's just a pure flip. But still like this is when I was like, it's it's it really is his tournament. Yeah, I mean I did feel a little bit of that going into this final table, you know, just the fact that he built up such a big stack coming into this final day, but or this second to last day. But you know, still like this, this is when I was like, he's not He's not gonna lose a hand. He's just gonna even get in all these all ins. He's just gonna win every single all in. Then, as if things couldn't get any better for Grinder, this hand goes his way. Now, this hand didn't go to a flop, but this hand was crazy under the gun. Kenny Holler opens to four million at two million YEP with Ace king Off. Oh and he's I believe at the time he's second in chips to Grinder. Braxton Dunaway or maybe he's third chips, I can't remember exactly. Braxton done Away from the cutoff seat makes it eleven point five million with pocket sevens. Yeah, Grinder, did we lack that? I probably just call yeah, but I can understand, like, I mean that that's kind of Dunaway's m O like, I feel like he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna always lean to pick the aggressive route. Speaking of aggressive routes, Grinder finds a couple of jacks in the small mind just boom forty million, and this sends Kenny Holler into the tank forever and he's just tank and tank and taking, and eventually he puts the ace king off into the muck. Dunaway quickly follows suit with his sevens and that puts Grinder up to I don't know, I don't even know two hundred and seventy, two hundred and fifty millions something I don't know.
Speaker 1: But from there Grinder just kept surgery. He just like he was bluffing in multiway pots. He was winning pots. Next thing you know, he's up over three hundred million. It just just steam rolling through the final table like you can tell he's feeling it. He's pumped up, his rail is into it like the whole thing. Then he plays another hand against Kenny Holler. This one actually goes to a flop, and in fact, it goes all the way to a showdown, and he won an enormous one off of Kenny Holler from the cutoff Sea Grinder raises it up to four million, still playing at the two million big blind level. He makes it Formullia with Queen ten off Kenny Holler's in the small blind.
Speaker 2: He flats King Jack suited.
Speaker 1: It comes King ten three rainbow, there's a check call from Holler, turn bing Queen just boom two pair or Grinder Holler check calls again. I mean, I can't blame Kenny. The way that this whole hand played, that river is a four is the blank check hall again from Hollard, you know, and he obviously sees the bad news that Grinder got him on the turn making two pair at like the way Grinder was playing, like you just have to check call down with this unless you try it, you make some crazy hero fold. But you know, top pair Jack Kicker. I cannot fault Kenny at all. But he does lose the pot and he's left to twenty five million, so he like tumbles basically all the way down towards the bottom of the leaderboard. Then not too long after that we lose Luka Badjovic in fifth place. He gets it all in good, really really good. He gets it all in with Ace King against Wasnak's Ace Jack Wosnock is the ace of clubs. It comes four three deuce all clubs. Turn is a jack. I believe it was the jack of hearts. And that's the end of the line. Nothing nothing on the river for Badjovic and he's out in fifth place. And then because of the speed of play, because of the the chip stacks all kind of looked, you know, at this point, Grinder's over four under million. The other players are just like, you know, I think with this Ko Waznak has a little bit over one hundred million. The other two are pretty short. We decided, okay, we're going to play out this level which there was like I don't know, eight maybe eight minutes left, six minutes left, that was six minutes, and then bag them up for the night. We actually, to be honest, I'll tell you, pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Me and Morey were watching the hand on the jub TV, which hand the Pujovic's boss got it, and we were cheering for him to win because we had planned. You know what, Look, if you're supposed to be impartial, let me tell you why. No, there's no there is no Let me tell you why you don't cheer for anything. We wanted to. We didn't want to stop. We wanted to keep. We wanted to get a couple more hours of playing tonight. And we knew that if we lost him then we would have probably had to stop and bring back Ford tomorrow due to the stock sizes. We both misread the hand. We both thought he had the ace. Jack oh yeah, so we to run out. He gets oh the fly jobs, ok yea yeah, we need a club. Let's get a club. Jackson the time, like Maury immediately celebrates. He's like yes, and I'm like this one more a cord canna come relax? River Nothing. He's happy, He's happy. And then we see all the graphics, you know, eliminated in fifth coming up, and me and Moury like, what is going on? Do they make a mistake. We're looking at the board, you know, the ready mock the cars with no we completely missed. We thought that all in button was on the wrong person A way to go. He runs down to the truck. He's like, how long is left? I'm like this five minutes, fifteen seconds? Okay, gets back text me, Okay, stop them, Let's stop them. We finish out the level and bag them up. But I don't know why we thought the handsome big stuff.
Speaker 1: Just an absolutely wild day. Like I always come into these fil tables and I think they're going to go so much longer than they do.
Speaker 2: M M.
Speaker 1: Do you think you know a lot of the guys are just gonna knit it up and just going to try and do the ICM PAYE jumps and whatever, and the next thing you know, it's like boom, boom boom, everyone's out. Somebody's got an insane chip lead and here we are talking about whether we should stop it or not because they're going too fast. It took fifty nine hands to go from nine to four. I mean, like it was. It was wild stuff.
Speaker 2: Was the more hands from ten to nine? That was pretty quick. I think that was less than fifty nine hands. Yeah, that was actually pretty quick, but pretty quick for it was very quick, was very quick it was it was only a few hands. Yeah, But I mean this was just this was lightning pace. And obviously, you know, because it's Grinder who's leading the way, just just mashing through the whole field, and you know, Wednesday is gonna come around. Grinder's got again. Seventy six percent of the chips in play my predictions are Grinder wins it within an hour or he is out within an hour. It's going to be to be out in an hour. Have you ever seen Grinder play. You've seen Grinder play plenty. Okay, yeah, but he could. He's got that many chips that an he doubles up, wahknock, he's gonna have to double him up. Yeah, that's the way I.
Speaker 1: Think doubles up Wasnock like, right up right away and then loses like another big pot to Wasnock like, yeah the next thing, next thing, you know, he's got two hundred and fifty million, and we're like, what the hell just happened? Yeah, like you know, I am like half joking, but like we've seen it plenty with Grinder, you know, where like he's got chip leads and tournaments and we're like, yeah, he'll be out by the dinner break.
Speaker 2: Like that's just how he plays. Like. He plays like a maniac, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's why like that hand where Kenny has that ace king, you know, they're sitting there, they're sitting there five handed, and it's like, I know, Grinder puts in the cold four from the Small Blind, and obviously Grinder can pick up good hands, just like anyone can pick up good hands. But it's like, what does Grinder do there with like Ace Jack suited? What does he do with Ace Queen either off sew or suited? Like, what does he do with those hands? I mean he might four butt those hands. Grinder's all pumped up, He's got all the momentum, he's got the big Chipley like, so if you're sitting there with Ace King, like if I'm in Kenny's shoes, i' I just went for it because I feel like if if Grinder's got Ace Queen suited there, he's playing the hand exactly the same, which is wild to me.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be very heavy on the strategy go coming into this final type. But does Kenny think he is better than Braxtent Dunaway and John Woslong right? And he probably says yes, Grinder thinks he's the best verse Kenny's thinking in his head that hey, I'm better than these two other guys on my left. Me personally, if that was me, maybe I'd been like, you know what, I'm not the best player. Yeah, this is a good chance to maybe get lucky. I'm all in so I think it's depending where you feel against the competition.
Speaker 1: I understand if Kenny is thinking, like, you know, I can possibly wait, right, I mean, I don't know. That's a lot of hand in that spot versus a guy who I think can make that play with slightly worse. Now, I'm not saying Grinder's gonna get in there with like Ace eight suited and just go ham on a fore bet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like if Grinder's got Ace jack suited, I mean what I Grinder might feel like that's Ace is five handed. Yeah, yeah, that's why it's That's why it's such a crazy spot. Now, I don't fully fault Kenny for playing it the way that he did, And maybe the hand plays entirely differently too, if Dunaway doesn't three bet the sevens, So like it's a bunch of different factors kind of all coming together where you know, Hollard opens, Dunaway elects to three.
Speaker 1: Bet the sevens, maybe done away. If he just decides to flat the sevens, then you see a small well, you see a three bet. Then Kenny Hollard can decide like if he wants to put in the four bet or if he wants to just call or how that goes. I would imagine it he puts in a four bet and then the money just ends up getting in, which is crazy. So you know a lot of things there are kind of you know, sliding doors moment and how that all played out. But Kenny Hollard is still alive. He's going through. He's got eight big blinds. Now the approach that he takes on Wednesday is going to be very interesting. One part of me says, I mean, listen, if he picks up a big hand, he's probably gonna go with yes. But I would almost like try and be really tight and just see if Miss Rocky can just go crazy with one of these other two guys Like Dunaway doesn't have that many more chips. He's got ten big blinds, so you know he could easily get the money in against Dunaway.
Speaker 2: Miss Rocky could.
Speaker 1: And obviously the way Miss Rocky's been playing like he could get the money in against Wa was knock. They already got the money in once. So I would only if I was Kenny, I would just be like, you know what, I'm just gonna fold, fold, fold, fold, fold. I don't care if I get down to three big blinds doesn't matter because I'm gonna Grinder's gonna knock one of these guys out, and I'm gonna secure a boatload more money.
Speaker 2: Do you have the chip sex right there? Yeah? I mean tell me, grind is forty four point five full full five point five or sorry, four four five point five? Okay, are you doing ICM? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who love Walls Knock's got ninety four point five, Dunnoway's got twenty five point five, and Hollardscott nineteen.
Speaker 2: So according to Jesus Christ, this can't be real. Grind is icmal is nine point one million, barely crazy nine point one million full Lord Seohn's is six point two, which is more than second, which is weird. Rackson's four point five, so a little bit more than what third would get, and then Kenny's is pretty much three point one million, So I don't know what he's going. You know, he's obviously got some he said it on the interview, right that, and they'll get they're guaranteed right now, they're guaranteed three million. Yeah. I know some smarter people that will kind of tell me what to do. But it is a million off page jump between him and it's not just.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm saying, like, I feel like, obviously, unless you have a really good hand, but the spots that might be close, maybe you do just lean to fold under the idea that miss Rocky honestly might might bust one of these other guys.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. We're we're just we just leveled up. And Kenny is under the gun. So he's going to be he's going to be grinding that abb starting you know, shove range, right, and then he's going to be looking at a big blind call range.
Speaker 1: But I think that I think that shove range is going to be a handful of pips tighter because he's given the situation grind no, but just given the situation, Yes, there's that, But the situation is that like Grinder could take out Dunaway, Grinder could take outa wasnock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Kenny's gonna have five and a half big blinds. In the ICM. You make money by folding. Yes, that is true, and I believe Kenny is gonna like he's gonna fold more often than not. So can you pull up can you pull up gt O and check what a pig's under the gun is? Yes, I want to look at the fringe hands. Let's say, like, what what you're thinking him, because like if you're you're saying if he looks down at the ice, check off, he's folding. I don't think. So you know the fact that he is a and it's not like he has eighteen and we'll go to fifteen and a half. He's going from eight big blinds. He's under the gun. He's under the gun with eight big blinds full handed he has. It's not like he has eighteen and he's the shortest. So going down to five and a half six, throw your hands off to that, he's going to be down to two big So I think he has to find a spot and go with it. He is obviously shoving into Miss Rocky's big blind, which is just the scariest thing in the middle. I'm gonna do this one and he's but you always have to think about this. Ms Rocky's probably gonna call a little wider. I know this one that I did has.
Speaker 1: It has him at seven big lines, the next person at fifteen, then sixty one, and then the other guy.
Speaker 2: Covers it like eight okay, like all in ace five off, Okay, what's like what's the bottom of the Broadway cards like Jack ten suited or something King ten Off is is like half fold half yeah, half shove. I mean, I think you have to just get all these in because I think Grind is gonna call wider. Grind is gonna call with.
Speaker 1: Ace, understand, But but like what if you fold and Braxton Dunaway decides to go with a seven and Grinder calls him, and then you just earned a million dollars? Like I I personally think like Kenny is gonna lean a little bit tightlater than the chart might say. Like I think he's gonna go like one, two, maybe three pips a little tighter again, just just with the situation. And also like I have like if your wasknock, like you can like not play any hands with Grinder on your direct direct left.
Speaker 2: He should try to walk up six million. He should probably not even look at his car. Yeah, what what the heck is he? We also haven't seen him. Look, he's played snug, but he just he jammed on Grinder in on that seventh hand or whatever it was. Or but like I don't think he's that you know what he also talked about. You know I missed the work, meaning but I'm not a pocal player, so I'll be back at work. So he is he going to try and like obviously hit six million. Yeah, but like I don't think he's gonna I don't think we're going to see him follow you know, pucket Jack's two to anyone here. Who. Yeah, the whole thing is just it's a very very interesting spot with how big these pay jumps are now and how big of a chip ley that Ms Rocky has. So you know, I don't know. I just kind of expect Kenny to I think he's going to be very studied. I think he has a lot of really studied people around him. Yeah, and I think they're all going to understand that, like him going from eight Big Blinds to sixteen Big Blinds is not that crazy of a change in things. But if he's able to survive one spot, that's a million bucks. Yeah, Like you know, so that's like it. Run those ICM numbers and put him at put him at forty million, and put Grinder at four twenty five, so four five for Grinder fourner twenty five million, okay, and then put Wosnog at ninety four point five and then put done away at twenty five point five and then put Kenny Hollard at twenty million or sorry, forty million. Yeah. So Kenny, yeah, now jumps up to basically four point four, Grinder goes down to eight point eight, John jumps down just onto second place five point seven, and Braxton's at three point nine. Yeah, so he goes his before was what three point one you said, So his new ICM would be four hundred came more than third place versus like just folding. So it's it's very it's it's like a very delicate situation. I don't know. I I just view the way I view Kenny as a player, like that's how I think he'll approach this. You know. Obviously I could be wrong, you know, but it's gonna be interesting to watch, and then I'm also interested to I mean, Grinder might just come in and say four hundred million every fucking hams int f. I know.
Speaker 1: I think the fact that, as you said, like like Wasnock might not adhere to ICM at all, So that makes things pretty crazy. I think, like if I think Kenny Hollard is like kind of extreme ICM, Wasnock is not really paying attention to at all. Yeah, obviously Grinders just got the big chip lead. I think Braxton Dunaway is like somewhere in the middle of hollerd and wasna like kind of somewhat aware of ICM. But he also might be willing to get his chips in a little bit more so than than Kenny would. So again, it's just going to create a very very interesting dynamic. The atmosphere here was pretty freaking electric, largely due to uh Grinder's rail. He seemed like it was getting bigger by ten people every ten minutes.
Speaker 2: So let me interrupt, but he's watching at home. These are the wristbands we had today, Okay, yeah, every player got eight. Yeah, and was when when people left, like when someone was eliminated, speak you give more out. We had grind His people kept coming up to all of us like can I have another wristband? And have another wristband? Can I have another ristband? Continuously? Grinder may have had, you know, he has four hundred and forty five million chips. He may have four hundred and forty five wristbands. Today it just was NonStop. It was us, it was Robert Misrahi, then it was Cheena, then it was Alan Richardson just NonStop bombardment from Mizrahi's ryo for these wristbands. How kamodity here today at the World Series of Pooka. I mean, yeah, it's always a hot commodity. Yeah. I do like what we did with the set where the two outer feature tables were basically flip the walls around, remove those tables and flooring so people could get up there and get pretty close. Ultimately couldn't get like in on the rail, but still pretty close. Colus, Yeah, room was pretty packed in here. You mentioned the other tournaments being played outs, you know. All in all, I think things were pretty fun on this first day. I've I very much expected us to be here till.
Speaker 1: Ten, ten thirty eleven PA, and the fact that we shot down so quickly is still a bit stunning to me, but good fun. Nonetheless, had had absolute bangers of hands that hit at this one, and we are that much closer to a twenty twenty five ws BE Main Event champion being crowned again. All the players are guaranteed three million, it goes three million, four million, six million, ten million at ten million dollars going to the next WSOP World Champion. On Wednesday. The players are going to come back at what time? Same time They're gonna come back at two pm. Cards are in the air at two pm three pm Pacific on pokerg dot com.
Speaker 2: That is six p m Easton. That's right, baby, let's go. Who do you think is gonna win? I think we're both gonna say Grinder, But you know what, just to shake it up, I'm hoping that John, he was my rooting interest, wanted that kind of amateur poker player to break through and win first time in quite a while. I'm hoping that the luck that Grinder had today slides over a seat into John's lap and he can win those flips against Grinder, double up, double up again, maybe knock one of the other guys out, take out Grinder, and go heads up against Braxton Dunaway and win the twenty twenty five Worlds for He's Pokemon event.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is Grinder's tournament to lose, so I'm picking him. But I would also not be surprised if he busts in like third place, So I just wouldn't be I just I know he that That's just how he plays. He's an absolute wild ride from start, to finish, the gas is usually always to the floor. Yeah, so we'll see, we'll see how it goes. But with the way that he's been running, I just can't. I can't bet against the guy.
Speaker 2: I really can't.
Speaker 1: He's got an enormous chip lead, he's running hotter than the sun. He's obviously feeling supremely confident. So how can you bet against grinder? And then if he does this, If he does this and he wins the fifty k PPC and THEBSPE main event in the same damn year, that is the most outrageous thing we have ever seen in poker and likely will never ever, ever ever be topped or repeated ever again in the game.
Speaker 2: Will be the greatest fight in the WSV history, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, forever, for the rest of time. Yeah, I mean, it's just it's not like, listen, winning the main event is obviously very hard, but it's not like he won it when it was seven thousand people, nine seven hundred and thirty five.
Speaker 2: He won the damn thing. Yeah, I mean, it's like, it's like, what is happening? It really is just like, I don't know, you just can't. It's like a stuff of a movie. Like you just don't believe it. But here we are and it looks like it's about to happen. There was a whole bunch of other stuff happening. It was before I go onto that. Okay, well, do you talk a lot about the new listeners, the new viewers tuning in. I want to make sure people are aware of this one of the best promotions we've ever done. I'm giving you the podcast listeners out there a chance to play in our million dollar free role. We run a million dollar free roll at the end of the year. Top forty poker players on the PGT Grinder. If he wins this most likely be in there. Daniel Grano, Jeremy Osmus, Jason Kuhne, you know the who's who of the poke world. We're giving a podcast listeners a seating there. All you gotta do it's really easy. You're gonna go to PGT dot com slash dream Dash seat a bunch of promotions there. Look for the one for Gleam. You're going to go to that. What we got to do is like follow us on Twitter, retweet this, share that. But there's also a code word that code world gives you ten extra tickets into the drawing at the end of the year. Well actually in October we draw the winner. Today's code word for the ten extra tickets for you playing along on home. You know, grinder would be an easy one, but I'm not going to use that one, you know, because you know there's a chance he win. We already use that and we already have users, so we'll change it to like mis right or something. But I'm going to use Margettes. You know, broke some history today with Leo Marjettes making the final table. So if you put in the code word Margetts, it's a r g e t s. You get ten extra tickets to go in the drawing. You know there's past code words. You can kind of look at the listen to some of the older episodes, put some more codes in. But otherwise, you retweet, you follow us, you do all these little tasks and you get tickets and one of you guys could be in the p T Million Dollar Championship five hundred k for first representing the Puglo Podcast. But yes, code word Margetts m a r G e t s. But yes, let's look at let's look at us. What's going on. Yeah, let's go there's like sixteen tournaments, right, at least at least sixteen tournaments. The biggest one to start with Sam several Winsy's third WSP bracelet, the ten K six hundred Championship that won BAG last night while was still recording with four players. Yes, just speaking of a chip lead, speaking of a chip lead. Crazy, This was, this was pretty crazy. This was over real quickly, Sam soarver, three brace third bracer now first one one k PLO. Then he won the five K WSP Online Hybrid event. If you remember, I'm pretty sure he was on our twenty fantasy Sam sols nine hundred and eighty six thousand dollars in his pocket. Most importantly, he moved to second place on the PGT leader ward behind Alex Foxon. So both of them going to go, you know, dull away for the rest of the yep, Sam sorry with third WSB bracelet. The event right here that we'll kind of touched on a little earlier, the twenty five K Horse high Roller that is currently down to thirty one players from one hundred and fifty player field, approaching the money, not quite there yet. Twenty three are in the money, eight hundred and eighty K for first. That's absolutely massive. Yuri Dezewski, one of the Chip leaders, Angry John Mannette, Ryan Miller, phil Ivey, Brian Rass, Chad Eves, Sledge, Chris Honishen, all these big names stealing the mixes. But we'll obviously get to that tomorrow. I wonder if that actually needs an extra day. That's going to be pretty tough with everything closing up, but we'll see how that goes. Three K pot limit, Omaha down the final table. One thousand and eighty eight entrance. We've got eight left. Sorry, we've got six left. Four hundred and seventy one K for first. Look who it is, finally making a run in a WSP event. Jeremy Osmas. Oh boy, he's left in nice and late. He's at the final table. Dan Zach's at the final table. Richard Greicho, Josh Fladin's PGT PLO series winner Zachary Swartz is also at the final table. So that will conclude today. Most likely event kicked off today. Five K no limit hold him. We are out to nearly six hundred players in that one. Looks like Noel Reed Rodriguez, one of the Chip leaders. Cherish Andrews, one of the Chip leaders, David Coleman, one of the Chip leaders, which the five K No Limit hold him is a two day event, little TURBOI event down there in the six undred plus entries. It is pretty damn good. The other event to kick off today, we'll not kick off, but one b of the Closer will kind of you get on touch more on that tomorrow on day two. But yeah, that's kind of what kicked off today around the Horseshoe. And I'm pretty sure that Paris is closed. I think we're done with the five k's over there. I think the five case here. I know part of the Closer was in this room today. Oh that's right, yes it was. We have the PLO over here at the feature table, we have the twenty five K Hot Horse I roller over here, and tomorrow final event event number one hundred one K Turbo that will be down there in that Paris. I'm not the Paris. The Horseshoe bornhim. Our buddy Matt Clark asked an interesting question about that event. So I'm gonna I'm gonna ask it to you over under zero point five people that will play that one K tomorrow and it's their first and only event of the series. You're setting the line up point five.
Speaker 1: You think you think somebody's gonna play that event that hasn't played a single event.
Speaker 2: What who You got some dealers that are done for the series that they haven't they don't. They didn't play the Casino employees event that today's that last day or yesterday. Hey, I might as well play that event. I don't know. You set the line of twenty on. My TAKEO is twenty. Yeah, can we get the can we get the uniques on this? For the uniques, we need the can we get the registration listener? We need the registration because I would take I would take the under on twenty twenty is pretty big. But uh, it's definitely at least one. I don't know, man, if you make thet big enough, I'll go ask every player in the room. Yeah, but then there's an honor system, and I don't know if I can trust those and we can get you know what I would get. I would get the TV. I'd get Sean. Let't be like they need to make an announcement. Is anyone playing this WSP event for the first time this year or something? And they'll raise the hand like they do with the seniors. Everyone stand up. If you're ever am.
Speaker 1: You can trust the seniors. You can't trust thee tho. You can't trust these one K turbo people.
Speaker 2: You just can't. It's a different breed. If if we get a yes the breed, we can go stat check their bravo so we can. We can we can do the data afterwards. Sure, all right, well you got anything else? No, just reminded, get that code word in Marjette's guys, we're giving away the seats basically worth twenty k. We're gonna do is listen to our get some code words. It's not too late too, because there's lots of opportunities. It is random. We're going to press a little butt and it's gonna you know, reach in, grab your name out and give it to us, and then you're going to come play this million dollar free role. Yeah, let's go. All right, that's gonna do it for us.
Speaker 1: Four players left in the twenty twenty five World Series of Poker main event. They are guaranteed three million, but they are playing for ten million dollars in poker immortality. Michael the Grinder MS rocky seventy six percent of the chips in play. Can he close it out? We will find out on Wednesday. For Tim Duckworth.
Speaker 2: My name is Donnie Peters and we'll talk to you guys next to you, Ja