Speaker 1: What uber athletic past catching tight end is about to climb up f FPC draft boards, which free agent needs to start going higher in the Big Gorilla asap? And which Bear's running back are you planting your flag on? In twenty twenty six plus the nineteen time FFPC League champ Ryan Erickson joins us to talk about George Kittle, Cleveland pass catchers and so much more. We've got a great show for you. Farrell Elliott is here. I'm Eric Balkman. Stick around your high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour.
Speaker 2: Pants down, Pressure, broadcast live and horder round the world. You are now watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com with your hosts Eric Balkman and Farrell Elliott. The high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home bora analysis from the best players in the world at now, because no one else was available. Here are Eric Baldman and Barrel Eli.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Robin, Greetings to you all you b alcoholics and for Eli X. Welcome into the latest episode of the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my f f PC dot Com. M y F f PC dot com. You may know me from the Roadavus High Stakes Lowdown, the f f PC, the Fantasy Football Players Championship f f PC Insider Access, hs f f EX reps, and of course the hs f f our which you're watching right now. My name is Eric Balkman. Connect with me on x at Eric Balkman. You can also connect with Ferrel Elliott at k f f f C dot com, the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football. He is joining us tonight as he always does as the co host of the show. Hey, coming up on tonight show, We're gonna go hard on an NFC North quarterback that f FPC players I think are sleeping on, a running back coming off an injury that is shooting up FFPC big Gorilla boards. And then the FFPC League champ, Ryan Ericson, who has won nineteen league titles so far in his career, hangs out to break down his draft so far this season, the commander's backfield situation, and so much more if you want to connect with us. By the way, Adam Hahn is just he's He's on it tonight. I'm gonna throw up his comment here right on the board I said, we're gonna be talking about an NFC North quarterback that FFPC players are sleeping on. He says, it's GoF I'm just gonna say right now, Adam Han might be right. He also might be wrong, but he's probably right anyway. Check us out on X at HSFF hour at Eric Balkman, check out Ferrells Kentucky Fantasy Football Championship at KFFFC dot com, post on our Facebook page at Facebook dot com, HSFF our, email the show at High Stakes Fantasy Football at gmail dot com. You can also send those questions into us on XS, Facebook, Gmail. Whatever you want to do, we'll try to get to them in the fantasy feedback segment coming up later on in the show. If you don't get to that, we'll get to it on Extra Reps on Friday Night. I'll tell you who our special guest is for that as well. Thanks to our audio engineer and my best friend Bryce and our producer and mutual friend Rob. I want to remind everybody what's going on with the FFPC right now. There are a ton of ways that you can compete with or you want to use this advice tonight, or stuff that you already have in your brain? What have you? The Big Gorilla is going on right now, the seven Bananas promotion. If you are randomly selected for multiple seven picks in a row, you're gonna win free FFPC teams. They escalate the more times you get the seven pick consecutive times in a row. We got midweek Mayhem going on right now. We're gonna draw for three FFPC teams Big Gorilla teams on Friday for people who have drafted both slow and live or either one Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday this week. Will announce it on Friday who is winning those free FFPC Big Gorilla teams. All you need to do is draft a Big Gorilla team this week. The Baby Gorilla is also often running one hundred and twenty five bucks to enter still one hundred thousand dollars grand prize. It is the same exact format as the Big Gorilla. So if you want to play high stakes fantasy football you've never done it before, this is the perfect entry point for you. At one hundred and twenty five bucks for the Baby Gorilla. We up the grand prize in the FFPC Best Ball Tournament to four hundred k this year. It was just three hundred thousand dollars last year. Now it's four hundred k. The runner up is still getting one hundred thousand, and it's just one hundred and twenty five dollars to enter. FFPC Bestball Season is going on right now, so check that out my FFPC dot com. If you want to super flex it, you can do that as well, thirty five dollars to enter on one thousand dollars grand prize there too. We have Empire Leagues and Dynasty Empire Leagues starting up right now. Don't forget those Empire leagues. If you are able to win the league two years in a row, you're gonna get that secondary jackpot in those Empire leagues with f f PC. Check that out my f f PC dot com. Chop leagues. Don't finish as the lowest scoring team in your league on any given week and you will win your chop league. You can turn that into cash, f FPC Main Event entries, f f PC big Gerilla entries, and something we introduced last week FFPC Player one where you are drafting against eleven smart computer teams. If you can out out fox the machine, as it were, you're gonna win cash or main event prizes, big Gerilla prize is there as well with Player one with the f f PC, I think that is everything. I don't think I've I've skipped anything over there. My f FPC dot com is where to go, and of course kf FFC dot com is where to go to check out the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship. I just I don't know, man, I just feel like the last five years, maybe more, I have gone up and up and up playing in Kentucky and it's just increased my fun every year competing against me and compete against a lot of the people you hear from the show at KFFS dot com. The man responsible is Farrel Elliott and he joins us right now. Ferrel Elliott, welcome into the program. Happy Wednesday to you, Bulky. What nice words.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and right back at you, because everyone that's involved, they want to say, can I play against Balky? I mean Balke comings Balky gonna be there then, And you know, your first appearance at Super Sunday this year absolutely stole the show. You know, people were just I mean, when Balky's there, it's great. And that's just the way it is now. Adam Adam Han's making a question there, and Adam, it's because we want you to come to Kentucky and make some friends. We want you to get out and make some friends and come be with us.
Speaker 1: That's why you can't do that in Colorado. Well, he's asking, like, just so a two point thing here to clarify. So he's asking why why he can't participate in FFBC Player one in Colorado. There are certain states that have tougher research ins. When there's nothing we can do about that.
Speaker 3: Nothing you can do about it. You can't fight city hall.
Speaker 1: Do you can't fight city hall. No. But I will say this, if you want to compete at them and have a good time and have a great weekend, you have three options to do so. With the Kentucky Fantasy Football State cham really four options, right because Pharrell, we got Ashland, Kentucky, yep. Or for Week one of the kff s C, we do we have Northern Kentucky. Yes, we two live drafting for the kff f C. We have Southern Indiana for Week three for drafting for the kf f f C, and then you know what we have after that? We have planned Hollywood Live in Las Vegas, Adam, your first drink is on me if you can make it out to any of those. Yeah, i'd love to pick your brand. I'd love to have you on the show as well. But that's basically the skinny that we have for player one parall. How's your week been going so far? Man?
Speaker 3: It's Wednesday, Man, I went, I woke up Monday morning and I haven't been asleep yet.
Speaker 1: It's been that km of week.
Speaker 3: It's been a it's been a wild one, I am.
Speaker 1: You know, we're staring down.
Speaker 3: The fact that bulky we're we're just, you know, less than sixty days away from Kentucky's liven, less than seventy five away from planet Hollywood. There's a lot of work still to be done. And you know the best thing about my week is to come here and talk fancy football with you and all the guests in the comments. And you know, we've got one of the ericson family coming on tonight that's part of your generational family tree. So this will be good, which is this is good stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's related to Don Erickson, as we bring in the nineteen time champ Ryan Rickson coming up in a few minutes, here he might be, but I'm excited to talk to him about how his fantasy football season has been going with the Big Gorilla so far and so on and so forth. Now fair, before we get to that, I have to bring up some other stuff here with you tonight. What what better way to kick things off tonight in regards to everything that's going on in in fantasy football, both with the with the f f PC, with the k f F S c UH, there's a lot going on with the NFL, and I think we we lead off with Cameron Wolf's support from the NFL network. From ESPN dot com, He's reported that Brian Thomas Junior is going to be used on vertical routes this upcoming season. Cameron Wolf posted in his story at ESPN dot com that's where Jaguars coaches believe he can take the next step. He's so he has shown better chemistry in OTA's in mini camp with Tarbert Lawrence this offseason. After twenty twenty four season where Brian Thomas's stats were heavily inflated by Mac Jones, and then twenty twenty five where there were no inflated stats or Brian Thomas because his stats were awful in twenty twenty five. So yeah, but when we consider what Thomas can do downfield, I think it's interesting because he averaged fourteen point three air yards per target. He led the Jaguars an air yards share when he was healthy in twenty twenty five, now in twenty twenty six, and this is my concern here, Farrell. I'll bring this up in a second, talk about the variance week to week. If he is simply a downfield threat, if he's running win sprints, if he is going to become the new Deveri Henderson, if he's going to become the new marcuz Velde Scantling, this is scary here. Parker Washington, Jacoby Myers are much more consistent players, but they do not have the upside of Brian Thomas Junior. Last year, Trevor Lawrence ranked nineteenth out of thirty three qualifying quarterbacks in downfield accuracy. That was right in line with cam Ward Parrell. I bring this up because I think we've spent the last couple of months talking about how we didn't like Brian Thomas and how we were down on Brian Thomas, and now I feel like and I'm included in this, I'm warming up to Brian Thomas Junior, and I'm warming up to him in Bestball manage leagues. That's a little bit different because because of the weekly variance and you just don't know when he is going to go off or when it's going to be like a three for twelve week or something like that. But Brian Thomas, if we look at the FFPC Big Gorilla ADP over the last five weeks, where do we get this from Fantasy Mojo? Fantasymojo dot com at Fantasy Mojo on X. Darren Armani runs this website. Anytime we cite ADP data on this show, it's due to Fantasymojo dot Com. If you're playing in the ff PC, highly recommend you get a subscription to Fantasy Bunch dot com to make you better FFPC player. Perrell. Right now, Brian Thomas is, in fact the number one wide receiver drafted from the Jaguars wide receiver thirty one at the six to oh six. He has surpassed Parker Washington. He long surpassed Jacobe Myers. And I'm wondering if we are borderline where in managed leagues like the Big Gorilla, where we're saying like, Okay, maybe mid six, I can do Brian Thomas, but if he gets much higher than that, I think Parker Washington Jacoby Myers become the better bets. Your thoughts on Brian Thomas in managed leagues where you have to decide whether or not to start a week in and week out based off this Cameron Wolf report that he's going to be a downfield threat this year.
Speaker 3: You know, we took a poll of our listeners and our guest bulkey that have come on the show and then the comment room.
Speaker 1: We're in a situation.
Speaker 3: Where I would lose that bet. Who's being drafted sooner Brin TOWMS Junior or Parker Washington. Our people were trying to push Parker Washington into that position as the number one drafted a Jacksonville wide receiver. Now what is missing from this is I don't hear mister Cameron using the word exclusively, you know, and so I don't I think.
Speaker 1: Has much to do about nothing. I believe.
Speaker 3: I believe this player will run a complete route tree and he would be excessively successful if he can free himself up deep these he will be also successful.
Speaker 1: For the other two receivers.
Speaker 3: I really think the three receivers on the Jacksonville Jaguars are all bargains to draft.
Speaker 1: I like the idea of a team name for me this year. What is excessively successful? Excess excessively successful? Everybody knows about you book, No, it's that's it's it's kind of an ironic thing. That's that's why I do it.
Speaker 3: But I love at least like your dynasty team that has the wow factor. By the way, the Big Valentine's Dynasty has started. You are on the clock with the number one pick and the you know, everybody probably won't know who you're gonna take, but nevertheless that team has a well.
Speaker 1: Allow factory in its name as well. I I will bring up this right now, Farrell. As long as we got the Jacksonville you know we there. There are several repetitive tropes on this show, uh this season. One of them has been the Jacksonville Jaguars backfield, another has been the Jacksonville Jaguars pass catchers, and another one has been Kyle Pitts. Trying to avoid bringing up Kyle Pitts again on this show, but the NFL said, Halkey, you are bringing up Kyle Pitts. On the h Self Hour this week. Why because Adam Schefter reported that Kyle Pitts and the Falcons have agreed to a three year, fifty four million dollar extension thirty six million dollars in guaranteed. Matt Ryan, the former NFL MVP and the former All World quarterback for Atlanta, is now the current president of football with Atlanta, and apparently after he took over, it was not I don't want I'm I'm speaking specutively here, but it didn't seem like it was a priority to get Kyle Pitts inked to this extension rather than let him play on the franchise tag this year. But apparently they like it. They like what they saw and they inked him to this fifty four million dollar extension. Pits should be the number two pass catcher in Atlanta, dare I say? Over Bejon Robinson and behind Drake London. This year, I had the opportunity to draft him in the KFFFC Kenny Yeah, Kenny Stabler Division of the KFFFC Bestball Tournament. Passed on him and I can't remember who I took instead, but he did not come back to me. He's off the board. Shout out to whoever took Kyle Pitts on me in this. But you look at Pitts, he is right below nineteen point one million a year, which is what George Kittle's making. But he's he's making I shouldn't say this. He's also making just below what Trey McBride is making in Arizona, which is nineteen million a year. He is one of the highest paid tight ends in the NFL. Now and Farrell, if we look at the FFPC Big Goldrilla for the last five days, I can tell you that Kyle Pitts, according to FFPC Drafters, is being selected as tight end six at the six to ZHO two, behind Harold Fan and just in front of Tucker Kraft. Does this contract that he has signed with Atlanta shift the the the value on Kyle Pitts and Big Gorilla drafts this year for you? Or was this kind of something we should have been expecting all along? And how FFP see players have been handling Kyle Pitts. Is this something that they expected all along? I don't think we should.
Speaker 3: There's a number of players that are in line for extensions that we're coming up on, some of which are making progress. Some of which aren't Baker Mayfield as one as not. But actually, I think in honor of in our twenty twenty seven show, we should in coexistence with tight End University in Nashville, which is where they all are this week. Anyway, I think we should have a show during tight End University Week next year. We're all we talk about is tight ends. It's just tight ends. It's an entire tight end show. And because it's an important thing. And do I believe he's topped out in receptions? He's getting close? Do I believe he's topped out in in touchdowns?
Speaker 1: No, the.
Speaker 3: Adam continues to fill in that he's he's His tight end total has increased every year, and I think it will no matter who is a quarterback in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: And I talked with.
Speaker 3: Someone today that said third string quarterback Simeon will start half the games. And that's the only thing that would give me hesitancy at this point in time about Kyle Pis.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm at this point, Pharrell, I'm looking for reasons not to draft Kyle Pitts, and they're hard to find. Ballky, Well, that's the thing is, once you start looking for reasons not to draft the player. I think you have to flip it and say, Okay, why do I not want to draft this player? This is not the same thing as what Ben Gretch said about Christian McCaffrey last year. I think it was, but it's similar. Pitts does not have the injury concerns that McCaffrey did. But Gretch made the point, and I know people are getting sick of me saying this. We need to stop thinking about in fantasy football what happens at the player gets hurt. We need to start thinking about what happens if this player doesn't get hurt, and to and to quantify it for Kyle Pitts, we have to say, well, what happens if Pitts is a bus this year and he's going as the tight end six at the six oh two in the Big Gorilla? We have to start thinking about if we draft him, Well, what happens if he's not a bust at the six oh two? What happens if he delivers at that tight end six? What happens if he outperforms Harold Fannitt, Tyler Warren. I don't know if he outperforms Colson love him, but I can see the range of outcomes where that would happen, but certainly he could end up as the tight end four, which, by the way, f FPC players are soaking a three to zero eight pick into the tight end four this year, and it's.
Speaker 3: It's no reason to That's why in the ff PC the rules allow you to draft more than one tight end, so there's no reason to be concerned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a zillion different ways to build your teams in the f f PC. Is a zillion different ways to build your teams in the Big Gorilla we saw at Friday when Pharaoh when we were recovering the FFPC Big Gorilla Draft live at ten pm this past Friday night, which was a lot of fun. And a guy who has done a ton of big gorillas is going to join us right now, Ladies and gentlemen, our guest tonight has nineteen count of nineteen league titles to his name in his FFPC career. However, he is not resting in the laurels of those nineteen league championships. He is looking forward to another league title in the FFPC, probably several FFPC league titles, but the one thing he's solely focused on winning a million dollars in the FFPC Big Gorilla, something that he has been spending a lot of time doing so far this season. Please welcome onto the show our guest tonight, the nineteen time FFPC League champion, mister Ryan Ericson. Ryan, Welcome in Man, Thanks so much for joining us tonight.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: We are excited, We are excited to have you. It is June TWI twenty fourth. You've been drafting for quite a while. The first thing I have to ask you here tonight, and I and Ryan, I think I alluded to this on last week's show. I feel like when you draft in February, when you're draft in April, when you're draft in June, it always seems like you're draft It's it's totally different. Right, you've been drafting for a while, does it feel like your big Gorilla drafts have taken on sort of sort of like a different type of animal of their own, right, Like when you were you think about where you were drafting earlier and earlier to where they're at now. I mean, ADPs change and the whole complexity of the drafts change. It's kind of a new animal. Every time you you sit back and start drafting, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it really is. And I think back to when I started drafting this year back in February, I think it was late February, and back you know, at that point, you don't even know where the rookies are going to be, and you're just you're just taking shots based upon the talent and how good you think gonna transition into the NFL. And now we we obviously we know where they are, and we also now know bye weeks and we know schedule, so we can figure out, Okay, who's who's got that juicy schedule when the playoffs and the Nationals roll around when you're trying to win that million dollars.
Speaker 3: That's why I love drafting in February so much. Guys, I don't have to do all that work. I just I just wow, no, wonder, that's a great thing. You know, Ryan, when we get together and Super Sunday and draft, we you know, that's our live draft on Super Sunday and we get all those commentaries. I don't know anything.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't. I don't know it.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, you know something.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's a.
Speaker 3: Lot of fun to draft in I really really do.
Speaker 1: It's cool stuff. Well, and and and Farrell's right, And and Ryan you know this because you draft early. Obviously, before we get into the majority of the Fantasy Football court in the interview tonight, I want you to let everybody know, as much as you want to let everybody know, what are you doing for a living when you are not winning all these f f PC leagues and drafting and all these big GIRLA drafts.
Speaker 4: I'm actually the director of A V and Production Services at the University of Miami Law School, so uh yeah, I handle all the all the tech in the classrooms and and things of that nature for the law school there.
Speaker 1: So you were doing tech for the law school in in in Coral Gables, right am. I'm making that up. This is an interesting combination that I believe we've we've had We've had people that are are doing part of what you do, but you're doing everything there. Man, This is this This has got to keep you busy. And more importantly, it's got to be fun going to work every day.
Speaker 4: It can be.
Speaker 3: Not if you have a professor and the tech is not working, well Jack is not working. Uh yeah, you don't. You're you're gonna encounter John Housman, Uh coming type professor coming to see you. Oh Ryan Man, you're in Miami. That you know, we got it.
Speaker 1: There's so much about.
Speaker 3: Going on with Miami that we could that we could talk about. I I'm gonna I'm gonna start though in Kansas City.
Speaker 1: You know, last year.
Speaker 3: I was shocked when we were playing in Hollywood with a lack of love for Travis Kelsey just you know, it's it's some guys that I really really admire. His fantasy football players were trying to tell me that Kelsey was what's that word funky? That that word that I hate, wash wash washed.
Speaker 1: Up on this show. But go ahead, Feral.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, last year, if you take all the re anyone who caught him pass, he was twenty fourth amongst them, and he was in the top echelon of the tight ends. And that's an off year for him, seventy six catches, five touchdowns. There was a lot of things I didn't like about him.
Speaker 1: The way he ran.
Speaker 3: Routes in the red zone and then the offensive s team. There's just a lot of things I didn't necessarily like it. He's not calling place, he's just running the routes that are designed for him. I think Kelsey has a bounced back here. I think you know, we're dealing with a team here that I have to remind people. Sometimes the Chiefs were a losing record. You have to remind people of the Bengals, the losing record, Cowboys, Ravens, all losing records last year, all with players that we desire to draft and love drafting. So Chiefs bounce back, Kelsey bounced back.
Speaker 1: That's my thought. What are your thoughts? And Bryan just real quick and Ferrold did an excellent job setting up that question. But I will just say this for anybody who is not familiar, and I know you are, if you look at what Travis Kelcey did last year, seventy six catches, eight hundred and fifty one yards and five touchdowns, right, so it's not like he was terrible last year from an FFPC standpoint. But I don't know, maybe Ryan, you could speak to this. We think of Travis Kelcey over the course of his career and it's like tight end one. You know, you think about the one hundred and ten catch season he had in two thousand and two, the fourteen hundred yard season he had in twenty twenty the twelve twelve touchdown season he had in twenty twenty two. So there's a baseline of stats that we have associated with Travis Kelcey. And by the way, I'm leading the witness here, Pharrell, I'm just going to say this, seventy six for eight fifty one and five touchdowns last year. That's not a bad season. And when we think if like he has, as pharaoll is saying Ryan a bounce back season, if he bounces back to like ninety catches and he flirts with a thousand yards and maybe seven or eight touchdowns, ooh baby, that could be really big this year. Your thoughts on Kelsey in twenty twenty six and what FFPC owners and the three of us should be expecting from him on this Chiefs offense this year.
Speaker 4: I'm a big fan of Kelsey this year. He's normally been taken, you know, back in his heyday, he was taken well before I was ready to take a tight end, which is fair. But I think we need to separate, you know, the Kelsey from before from the Kelsey now and have our expectations be limited to what he's going to be now. And if we look at what he did last year, that's pretty much the low end Kelsey, right. I believe that with Eric the Enemy coming back as the offensive coordinator, they're going to get him the ball more in the red zone like they used to that. You know, Pharaoh was alluding to some of the play calling not being the best last year, and you could really notice it in the red zone. They used to go out of their way to get Kelsey the ball in the red zone and it worked. And once the Enemy left his touchdowns the last three years or five, three and five before that, he was double digit touchdown guy almost every year. So if he gets a bounce back just in the touchdowns eight to ten, you know, and you maintain the seventy five catches, you're well over two hundred points. Again out of a tight end you drafted in what the eighth round. I'll take it every.
Speaker 3: Day, Bulky, you got you got Darren's.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you this right now, he has. We had started out the year with Kelsey going well after like a starting tight end, right, but since then, uh and after Ryan Erickson has issued his uh uh flag planting here in Travis Kelcey tonight, maybe it goes up even higher. But Kelsey has moved ahead of Goddard, he has moved ahead of Mark Andrews. He has moved ahead of high stakes starling Dalton Kincaid being drafted as tight end eleven at the seven eleven over the last five days Fantasy Mojo in the FFPC Big Gorilla, you're looking at him approaching. He's about a half round behind George Kittle. He's about a half round behind Isaiah Likely right now, I think those are the next two guys if you were to surpass him. But and Ryan, you canna speak to this players of Travis Kelsey's ilk and his his his resume and his age and everything. This is a player that usually doesn't ascend as we get closer to the live drafts at Planet Hollywood in September. This is a player that normally stays the same or falls. And he's already moved ahead, like I said of kin Kaid, ahead of Andrews, ahead of Goddard right now. This is a player that I think that the sharps out there are going to be, like, you know what, everybody's down on Kelsey because he's old, He's he's ready for the next step of his life. There's other players out there that I'd rather have as a potential league winner with with Kelsey. But then you look at him at the seven eleven or maybe the early eighth round, and it's like, you know what, I'll load up on running backs and receivers and get Kelsey here in the eighth and I'll be good at tight end. Ryan. That's probably not the worst strategy to adhere to this season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, And also, you know, one of the things with when he was getting drafted later early on, you know, there were also some concerns about is he coming back yo, And there were some concerns, you know, is is Kansas City going to bring in another tight end? You know, and and and none of that happened.
Speaker 3: So there are some people that were living in Pitts comes to Kansas City fantasy land. I remember reading that that was that was really good. I think, you know, guys, I think he's settled. And once again, you are the poster child, mister Erickson for drafting early so you can get Kelsey. You can get a real, real barin in Kelsey. But I think he's kind of settled where he is. And then Balk when we get to planning Hollywood. To get a value on Kelsey, you've got to get eleven guys that don't like him as much as we do, and I don't they that's real easy.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, but Pherol, I'm telling you this, it might be the easiest year to try.
Speaker 3: It's quite some time this well, I think you just walk up and just disinformation. You just walk up to people and say, you know, by the way Kelsey's through here, you didn't want to play.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't understand why Isaiah Likely is going ahead him, though I will.
Speaker 1: Okay, we can't get that one, all right, So let me weigh in on this, Ryan, because because I've been drafting a lot of Likely this year, and I'll just say, as far as the whole conversation period, well, I'll weigh in on the Likely versus Kelsey conversation. There are so many people, myself included, that are looking for the next biggest thing, and I think a lot of people have become intoxicated with Likely following his head coach from Baltimore to New York. A situation where we don't know what Molik Neighbors is gonna do. At least in the early part of the season or maybe the whole season. And that's the part of the reason that I've found it so fun to draft Isaiah Likely. He's going in at the seven o three in the ff PC. I've been drafting him in Kentucky Steve g or Steve Irgalos from the Fantasy Sopranos. He and I have been doing like this one upmanship of like, Okay, we're you're gonna take Likely here. I'm gonna take Likely here, and then he's Likely here. And so it's one of those things where I think that and and and by the way, and I'll just use this as an example too. I had the opportunity in a KFFSC draft today to draft Courtland Sutton as my number four receiver. This is best ball, okay, And I chose not to. I chose to draft Chris Godwin. And maybe that was I like I overdrafted Godwin or whatever, But I feel like god Win in the situation he's in in Tampa this year, he's on the up, he's going on the he's on the come up right, And Sutton, I don't think he's like like on the downslope is probably a bad way to say it, but with Wattle there and I know the Broncos through a lot last year, I was just kind of like, you know what, I feel like I'm drafting Sutton more in his ceiling, and I think I'm drafting Chris Godwin closer to his floor. So that's why I took Godwin there over Sutton. And I think to apply it back to the Likely versus Kelsey, I think Likely is a much more fun click, Ryan. I think he is. He's he's much more on to draft here in the seventh round, as opposed to Travis Kelcey, who is going at the end of the seventh round, and he's been ascending where we have seen you know, Pete Travis Kelcey, and we know we're not getting that again. So Ryan, I think that the whole thing I come back to on this is maybe this is the wrong decision for fantasy owners, but for people who want to draft for fun, it's more fun to draft Likely than Kelsey this year. Whether that's more lucrative or financially beneficial, we'll see, right, But I think that is what you ask me, why Likely is going above Kelsey. I think that's why, And it's just a fun aspect. I don't know you can weigh in on that.
Speaker 4: Ryan, I would just say beware THEO Johnson.
Speaker 1: That's a great point simply.
Speaker 4: Because I know Jackson dark really did like him in the red zone last year, and so it's not slam dunk to me that likely is going to be like a go to number one tight end. I have a feeling he's still gonna he's gonna split time, you.
Speaker 3: Know, to verify miss Lawtner. Bulky Drafters just want to have fun, which is true.
Speaker 1: That's why I like, it's just I'm gonna get to Brandon Ayuk with you in a second, Ryde, But I just want to just kind of put a bow on this here in regards to to tight end likely versus Kelsey. Is this a situation or is this a decision you've been faced with or have you been drafting tight ends in the Big Gorilla earlier or focusing on tight ends after this decision.
Speaker 4: I'm usually in that range to get my tight end, I'm in the the kittle Kelsey craft that all the k's kincaid, all the k tight ends, they're right in there. I end up with one of those.
Speaker 1: We we won't give the triple K Moniker, there's four okay, perfect akkk tonight. Just so everybody's clear, we're not doing anything like that, Okay, Ryan, Brandon Ayuk, God bless him if Farrell Isn't that what they say in the South God God bless his heart or bless his heart. Yeah, it's usually not a compliment. It's not a compliment, which I found out. Yeah, blessed Brandon Ayuk's heart. But he's been posting on Instagram trying, you know, saying everything to try to get to the commanders this year, Ryan, if you could look into the ericson Crystal Ball, as I always say on this show, what's gonna happen with Brandon Ayuk this year? How do you handle a player like him who has been a pro bowler, who has had some pretty good seasons in San Francisco, And yet we know he's probably actively playing for the Niners this year and FFPC players in the Big Go rillin are drafting him as wide receiver sixty six the sixteen O two. What do we do with him in drafts?
Speaker 4: So my position, and this has actually changed since February. Back in February, I was confident he was going to get let go or traded, and he was going end up in Washington and he was going to be Jane daniels number one guy. He loves him whatever. The longer it's taking, the more I'm starting to question it, and the more I'm just I'm out on him at this point because I won't take him when he's being drafted. I feel like there's other people at that point that at least I know what their situation is and I don't have to worry about it. At this point. I feel like a Youuk's going to have to show up to camp and force San Francisco to do something with him. Otherwise they're just gonna sit there with him and he's no goodee.
Speaker 1: Ma, that's true.
Speaker 2: Pair.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna bring this up to you just real quick in regards to Ayuk. I just said wide receiver sixty six at the sixteen h two. Some of the other players that are going around him and players that would draft over iyukut this point, Tank Dell. Yeah, I know the injury, but the upside with Dell and he's not having a fight with his current organization about you know, whether he's going to be playing or not. Dejan Stribling, who was selected as the thirty third overall player in the NFL draft this year, Trey Tucker Pharaoh, who could be the number one wide receiver for the Raiders this year, and then Omar Cooper, a first round draft pick, a player anybody who's drafting against me in the KFFF knows, I've been drafting a lot of Jalen Naylor with the Vegas Raiders this year. They're all going around that same area with Hayuk Farrell. For a guy who has not played since twenty twenty four, it's really difficult for me to wrap my head around picking Ayuk, even in the sixteenth round, a player that has not played in more than a calendar year in the NFL, as opposed to some of these other guys where I can tell myself a story where these guys could actually help me up both in bestball and manage leagues.
Speaker 3: I don't think you have to sell Ryan or myself on this one. Balky availabils greatest ability, and I'm a big culture guy in the NFL, and I think if you're going to wreck a locker room in one place likely to record somewhere else, it's not a good move So I don't see success for this player like we're used to, and I would rather move on. And you know, some of the players there that you mentioned, some of the players that you mentioned have significant ways that they could contribute.
Speaker 1: Adam Hand bringing up too. We don't even know if you can still good, We don't. I mean, he might be. George Kittle was talking about this in an interview the other day about like, you know, how he'd show up to practice and how you could already be out there and he'd be running twenty two miles an hour and still cut on a dime. And Kittle's like, yeah, so if he can still do that, he's awesome.
Speaker 3: But he was not a bad teammate every day.
Speaker 1: You know, you can't be.
Speaker 3: He was not a It's just something's not right, and you know, you know, just like and this is.
Speaker 1: Me coming from the standpoint. I've never been a professional athlete, Pharrell, but I've been in a professional.
Speaker 3: You are a professional, Brogras.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just talking about being a professional where I work with other people. I'm not at my best every single day. Like so I don't know, really, no, absolutely not. And and I know that you know that that's perfect, and like, I hate to compare our jobs with the jobs of being professional athletes, but I always wonder how that is like where I'm not. You know what happens when I don't sleep well and I wake up late and I'm not I'm not giving it one hundred and ten percent. You know, at my job, who cares right, But at a job where you are trying to compete for a world championship, how does that play to your teammates? I don't know. That's another thing that I always like to bring up as well. Anyway, that that aside the point, we're running out of time here and there's so much more good.
Speaker 3: Lord is on speed. Hey, I want to talk about the commander's backfield? Yes, thank you. My buddy Fenton is drafting in one of the kf FSC leagues with Bawky, and he he asked me today what I thought of cross Key Merritt, and I said, well, it's a fantastic draft pick.
Speaker 1: You mean he's still available.
Speaker 3: I think this guy is a terrific uh value, which I would rather hear if you agree with me than tell you why, mister Erickson. But do you have a favorite commander in that backfield. I don't think is a contest. I don't think all the other guys I don't think can see any carries from this player. And I will say that four point six yards per carry last year.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 4: I'm actually not a fan.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 4: I think the Commanders are actually trying to tell us that they're not a fan either.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 4: They brought in White, they brought in Ford, mm hmmm, and they drafted k Tron Allen. A lot of people thought was one of the top five running backs in the draft. So you don't bring in that many running backs if you feel secure about your number one.
Speaker 3: Well, you want to have five guys on the roster through the year. They didn't have. They Yeah, you know, there's a very few holdovers there. It's a whole new room. I understand what you're saying, and it is.
Speaker 4: But let's also remember Rashad White. Where did he go to school?
Speaker 1: State?
Speaker 4: That's right, Yeah, yeah, it's a it's it's once again a connection. I think at this point, if you asked me a month ago, I would have been I told you k Tron Allen, because you know, there's always a couple of rookies that flash and he seems to have the best combination of opportunity and talent and out of all the late round guys. And but now as we're moving along, I'm starting to lean towards Rashad White.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ryan, don't say anything else because I want to. I want to. I don't want to poison your brain with anything. But there are people, high stakes players out there on on Twitter and Reddit and what have you, that have been you know, we're trying to answer the question, and we do this every year and it's it's a silly exercise, but I guess once in a while it does pay off. So this year, the question, Ryan, who is this year's Javonte Williams? Right? And by and large the answer I have been seeing to that question more so than any other running back, even if there is this year is Davonte Williams has been Rashad White. Can you get on board with Rashad White being the twenty twenty six version of Javonte Williams in our nation's capital?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: So I love what you're dealing here, Ryan, because that means bulky, that means I've got another running back that I think I could get later than he deserves. Well, I gotta start drafting earlier. This won't be that way planning.
Speaker 1: So the other thing Ryan too, And I'll bring this up and you can. I mean, I think you're gonna agree with me on this. So we talked about all the action that the commanders have had in the backfield. And by the way, I think that and I might be making this up in my head that they still might be connected with guys like Naja Harris or whatever, even though they have to Cory Krofsky, Merrit Rushad White, Rome Ford, right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then somebody named Robert Henry Jr. Who good men Allen the draft pick, but Robert Henry Jr. Who's a rookie. They like, they keep on bringing up all these different running backs and the coaching staff is talking them up. And listen, I get the whole like you want to have exposure to this backfield. And I'm fine with like, you know, sussing it out and I'll take Kate tron Allen here, or I'll take JCM here or whatever. But I guess I can't get on board with like going heavy on any of these. But I still kind of want a piece of this in my drafts. Is that how you've been handling it so far?
Speaker 4: Ryan, Yeah, And that's why I've been ending up with k Tron Allen when I have gotten a piece of it. It's it's because I don't want any part of this backfield in my starting lineup when the year starts, h I want to let things play out. We'll see who who's gonna you know, who who's gonna get the ball. I think I think Rashad White, like Adam was saying in the chat, I think he's a receiver and so in in PPR leagues, he's gonna have some value no matter what. So that's why at this point I'm kind of leaning towards If you're forcing me to draft one, I'll take White because I feel confident I'm gonna he's gonna have that role. The other guys are not receivers to his caliber, so I feel like he's entrenched into a specific role, whereas everyone else, they're gonna be buying for those carries, those those red zone touches. And you know what, I don't I don't want to. I don't want to touch it right now. I've got I've got things I feel better about in other places.
Speaker 1: The the other thing that just to kind of put a bow on this too, Jane Daniels is a quarterback with legs, and that doesn't always mean great things for receiving running backs too. So when Jane Daniels is forced out of the pocket and David blau has though new Oc has already said he wants to get him on bootleg and what have you, and getting him out of the pocket might be easier for Daniels just to rush for seven yards rather than potentially throw to a running back for eight yards. So I'll put that out there right now.
Speaker 4: And that's why that experience with him at Arizona State I think actually helps because he has a little bit of confidence in Rashad White already and what he can bring to the table, and they have that chemistry.
Speaker 1: So it's so weird to think about. But like Adam Levitan from Established Round talks about this all the time, the whole shower theorem. Right, if you showered with.
Speaker 3: A guy, you oh no, that's not good.
Speaker 1: Like you haven like listen, like you you have this connection with this guy. Like you, you've you You've done this in college. Now you're doing this in the pros. There's something he said for the shower.
Speaker 3: I don't think they lived in a bunk house though, Bulkie. I don't think they were showering.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what they did at Arizona.
Speaker 3: State in the locker room.
Speaker 1: They got private showers up here. Now, I will say this one of my buddies who was and I won't say his name because maybe he would care me. He probably wouldn't, but i'll just because I don't know. He was a heavily recruited Division one basketball player twenty years ago. And he said he was recruited by the University of Arizona and that this is basketball. So lude Olsen was the head coach there. And he said he got off the plane and I know this is not Arizona State, it's Arizona, although Arizona State is known more as the party school in Arizona than but he said he got off the plane on a recruiting visit from Arizona and there was a guy with a hose spraying women with T shirts, you know, like white T shirts, just spraying right when he got off the plane. That was Arizona. Arizona State's the party school. I don't know what was going on there, but certainly Rashad White, Jadan Daniels, they could tell us more stories about that. Moving on, I'm sorry I brought this up. Team Swift, team manang Guy, Ryan Bears backfield. A lot of people are on the Bears offense this year. Do you feel like you are planning your flag on Swift versus Manungui this year or are you still kind of divving it up in your big errilla drafts.
Speaker 4: I'm team Swift all the way. I watched the two play. I see it with my eyes. Swift is the better running back now manung Guy. I don't know how many times last year I was watching a Bears game and Manunguy would get the ball and he would have the largest hole I've ever seen in my life, and no one would touch him for ten yards, And I go, why can't you do that for Swift? But I mean, at the end of the day, Swift was getting it was about a sixty forty split. And I think it's gonna be the same thing again this year, and I'll just I'll stick with Swift. He's in a contract year, he's still twenty seven. He should be fine. He should be motivated to get another deal or impress somebody another another team. If Chicago wants to move on, that's fine, but he should be motivated, and I expect similar numbers to last year.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna go with you there, Bulky, I think I'm gonna go with brother Ryan.
Speaker 1: There your thumbs. Well, here here's the thing. The mojo is saying, Swift running back twenty five at the five oh eight, Manunguy running back thirty five at the eight oh eight. This is one of those rare occurrences where I feel like, even though Swift is falling and manong Guy's rising, I think I'm with you, guys. I think I'd rather have Swift. And if you go zero RB this year, or if you go you know, wide receiver, a tight end, heavier, what have you, and you're looking for an RB two in the fifth round or an RB one, I'd rather have Swift than Manongau at that point. Now, based on my team build, I could see me drafting Banangay in the in the mid eighth. You know, if I already have a running back or two running backs or or you know, it kind of all depends team construction. But in a vacuum. I am with you. I think Swift is going to have the better season. Denmanongui and the FFPC drafters are backing that.
Speaker 3: We are all in agreement. Let's stay on some running backs while we still got time. Ryan, And where did you go to medical school?
Speaker 1: I did not? Were you?
Speaker 3: Were you trained, you know, in physical therapy, recovery technique, some of that type of thing?
Speaker 1: Did you have that kind of training?
Speaker 4: I've been around people while they've had.
Speaker 3: Physical we need professional training. Have you visited a Walgreens or a CVS.
Speaker 1: In the last six months?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, then you're qualified to answer this question for us. When is Charbonnay returning? With your medical background, you should be able to give us a very quick answer so.
Speaker 1: We know how to handle that running back situation.
Speaker 4: What I can tell you is my expectation for his return?
Speaker 3: Well, yes, and it's professional in nature because of your your involvement in the industry.
Speaker 4: So please, I would not expect him before week eight. Wow, I wouldn't. I wouldn't. I think he'll be back before week twelve is the end point for me? Okay, they're bye week's week eleven, so I could see them holding off until after the bye week and bring him back in week twelve.
Speaker 5: So Ryan, my co counselor here Farrell Elliott is leading you on this, and I'm gonna ask you point, Blake Zach Charmony over the last five weeks, five days, beg your pardon in the FFPC Big Gorilla running back forty three at the eleven eight?
Speaker 1: Is that a smart draft choice now? And he has creeped up nearly to the mid eleventh round for a player who tore his ACL late in the NFL playoffs last year.
Speaker 4: So he was one of my favorite picks to get in the twelfth thirteenth round. Now that he's getting, he's getting close to pricing himself out of my range. I am comfortable taking him as my RB four and sitting on him, you know, half the season. When when it comes time and I'm sitting there in the tenth eleventh round and I only have two running backs, I'm going to shy away because I don't I can't count on him to be my bye week replacement for those two running backs.
Speaker 1: How annoying is that though, to have him as a roster clogger until he comes back, though, with in regards to Charbona Ryan when you talk, but he's going to be gone, right, Like there's I.
Speaker 4: Could draft somebody and tomorrow they're they're out for two months. Like that's that's just part of the part of the nature of the game, right, Like, Okay, you have to you have to plan for injuries and and and generally, especially in like the Big Grill, when you have a twenty man roster, Let's be honest, those last two spots you could you can hold some much injured people for a few weeks. Yes, that's why I like having twenty roster slots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that makes sense. Like especially you know what are people doing with their waiver claims during the season, right They're trying to hit home runs And you might already be sitting on a home run with Chermany depending upon where you draft him at these in the eleventh or twelve theyor thirteenth round. Speaking of home runs, Ryan George Kittle is another player, and this is I selfishly bring him up a lot on my shows because I don't know where to put my finger on him. As far as drafting position goes, he has moved up to tight end ten in the Big gorilla. Over the last five days, George Kittle is being drafted at the seven to five, just behind Isaiah likely right ahead of the aforementioned Travis Kelcey. How bullish are you? This is two part question, how bullish are you on Kittle being ready for week one? But then the second part of that is, let's say he's ready for week one coming off the torn achilles. What version of George Kittle are we going to see this year? For the people that are soaking currently a mid seventh round pick in the big gorilla end of this player.
Speaker 4: So when I've been like I said, I generally take my tight end in that KKKK range, right, so I have my fair amount of shares of Kittle. But when I do take Kittle, I make sure that my pretty much double tap tight end at that point, just to make sure I have another guy for the beginning of the season, because I I've heard the stories. Oh it's a it was a perfectly clean achilles tear. So it's like the best case you could ever have of an achilles. Okay, it's still an achilles tear. Right. I don't know how short we can we can make this this time. Framing is gonna be out, so I plan. I think of it as four weeks, right. I'm hopeful that by October he'll be ninety percent of himself. And if you give me ninety percent of George Kittle in the seventh round, I'll take that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's one of the best best football players pound you ever find.
Speaker 1: Just real quick Ryan on this. So let's say you're you're in a big Gerilla draft. You utilize your mid seventh round pick on George Kittle. How do you handle the tight end position the rest of your draft? Would you go tight end right away like in the I beg your pardon, in the eighth round or the ninth round. Would you wait on it till like the sixteenth or the seventeenth. If you decide to take the plunge on George Kittle in the seventh, what's the proper way to handle that position for the remainder of your draft? As it stands, you're in god late June already.
Speaker 4: Well, I know I was able to do in a big Gorilla maybe a month ago. I was able to double tap Kittle Kelsey oh ches, yes, exactly, Like that was my seventh and eighth round. It was Kittle Kelsey, So I was like, yes, please, thank you, but yeah, I try to get a tight end in the next couple of rounds. If there's a good, a decent value tight end, I look at as as just a basically a cherry on top because I can put him in as my tight end until Kittle's ready. When Kittle's ready, i can just move them into a flex slot and I'm good to go. If it's a tight end, I feel like it's going to be around that two hundred point mark. That's always what I'm looking at for rounds eight through twelve. If there's anyone that I feel can get to the two hundred point mark, that's the kind of guy I want to go for. That's kind of my baseline.
Speaker 3: The kind of guy that I want to go for at quarterback has always been Jared Goff. I believe that if you play Jared golf when he's playing on the carpet in his home stadium, you're in good shape.
Speaker 1: And if you look at the first round of.
Speaker 3: Our f f PC and kf FSC drafts, you'll see some fellows that he's playing with that are going to put up some.
Speaker 1: Pretty good numbers.
Speaker 3: And then you know if you have any doubts you want to do some further scouting, I just go and realize that, realize who.
Speaker 1: He's married to.
Speaker 3: You know, have you ever looked up that bulky the actress Kristin Harper. I mean, you know, I mean this guy, this guy's obviously dealing. That's all I'm saying. I mean, he can, he can get it done for you know, I'm I'm proud of mister Jared Golf. It's got a new offensive coordinator. Most importantly Ryan, What does that mean for Detroit? Wait, Golf and other players this year?
Speaker 4: So you know, their coordinator came from Arizona, and I'm not sure how much of a difference it's going to make statistically for Golf. I don't think it's I think it's gonna be a net zero basically. And part of the reason of that is that offensive line is my worry for Detroit. It's not not the not the coordinator, not the play calling, any anything else. It's the offensive line. If they continue to struggle like they did near the end of last year with the offensive line, then I worry most for Gibbs, honestly, even more than Golf. And that's why I'm actually lower on Gibbs than most people. I probably won't have any shares of Gibbs this year.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's just let me just put this to the test right now. For you, Ryan, you have the one o one, You're taking John Robinson over Jamior Gibbs, I'm assuming right correct. Okay, Let's say you have the one O two, Robinson goes one oh one, Gibbs, Chase, the Kulah Smith Chase. Okay, let's say you have the one o three and Chase and John Robinson are off the board. Are you taking Nakula or Smith a Jigma? Okay, Farah, We're gonna continue this. This is great. You have the one oh four, Ryan Erickson, Robinson is gone, Chase is gone. Whould you say you're taking one o three Nicola? Yeah, Nikua is gone. You have the one oh four, Gibbs is out there, Smith and Jigma, McCaffrey, Bowers. Who are you taking out one oh four?
Speaker 4: And in that instance, I will take Gibbs.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, how there you go?
Speaker 4: How often is that gonna happen?
Speaker 1: Not very not very with it. But this is what's so great about it too, Like you know, like there's a million different ways to start off your team in the FFPC, and Ryan, you've drafted a ton of teams, so you definitely know that as well. I want to get to a couple of emails here before we sign off. The first one is for you, Ryan in It's Tony in Centennial, Colorado. Hey, Ryan, how much do you think? This is an interesting one? And I be very curious how you answer it. How much do you think Jerry Judy is being slept on since the best receivers Cleveland has besides him are both rookies? Good luck this year? That is Tony in Centennial, Colorado. Tony, We thank you for the email. Ryan. This is interesting because when you consider I mean, obviously Fannins there, Judkins is there, although historically Todd Munkin running backs have not caught a ton of passes. So when you consider the pass catchers in Cleveland, whether they're catching balls from Sugar Sanders, Deshaun Watson and what have you, this is interesting because the top two pass catchers ostensibly should be Casey Concepcion and Denzel Boston. Yet Jerry Judy is what two years removed from just this massive fantasy season that helped a lot of people win a lot of money. Interesting to think about Jerry Judy in twenty twenty six, Ryan, Well.
Speaker 4: I've heard some rumors that he might be on the trade block as well. I would say, first off, you need to tell me who's the quarterback. If you tell me it's Deshan Watson, then I have a little interest in Jerry Judy. If you tell me it's one of the kids, then I would just assume go with the younger wide receivers and you know, wait for Judy. See if you go somewhere else, fine, But like last year, he just did not have any I don't know if I should say he didn't have any chemistry. He almost didn't have the will to play, it looked like at times, and he was not focused. And so if I'm getting that Jerry Judy coming work playing with those those quarterbacks again, no thanks, but getting Toshan Watson back, that might reinvigorate Judy. And you know, if you're giving me him in the sixteen seventeenth round, yeah, I'll take a shot.
Speaker 1: The other thing that and I'll just bring out this from Adam Hahn on YouTube. We got that email from Tony and Centennial, Colorado. He says Tony is sleeping on Isaiah Bond. And there was a report Ryan, I can't remember as Mary kay Cabot, somebody who is covering the Browns said that the most targeted wide receiver and no tas in mini camp was Isaiah Bond this year? Does the factor intoto your late round big gorilla picks at all this year? Isaiah Bond?
Speaker 4: He doesn't because I heard the same thing last year.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes you did, Yeah, you most certainly did. You've been a wonderful guess. There's a lot of questions I would like to ask you. There's there's one that I ask everybody, and I like you to use players we have not discussed tonight.
Speaker 1: Sometimes people break that rule.
Speaker 3: The the you know, I who do you love? Who do you have to have? Who's somebody that you want on every team? Who is somebody.
Speaker 1: That you won't touch? Uh?
Speaker 3: And I thought it was mister Gibbs there for a minute, Balky was working up a question that said which kicker.
Speaker 1: Will you take?
Speaker 3: But the way you answered that question, the way you answered that question proved to me that you know that that you are not set in your ways or stubborn that you you know that you can make a stance and uh you know, and yes, legitimately a case could be made for all.
Speaker 1: Those players to go in the front of Gibbs.
Speaker 3: But I yeah, who who you got to have? And who are used dying to stay away from? And I've got too quick follow up questions bulky after these questions, So.
Speaker 4: I'll start with a stay away from. I want to stay away from the Denver backfield.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's just too.
Speaker 4: Many heads there and I don't feeling it's gonna be a different head every week. I don't want the headache from all the heads.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 4: People that I am high on, But honestly, I have not been able to get in the big gorilla yet. The Porta, Oh, I really like Laporta with with the offensive coordinator coming from Arizona, definitely.
Speaker 3: Like like, uh you know, right en, mm hmm okay.
Speaker 4: And and the other one that I just got my first share of in the last draft is Mike Evans. I think Mike Evans is going too late right now for a guy that he's he's got to be the number one guy in San Francisco.
Speaker 3: And the Laborde is gonna do well because you know, everybody wants to impress Golf's wife. Now the situation you're in Miami, Uh, you have two receivers there too too, at Well and Malik Washington. Are you drafting either one of them? And who is your offensive rookie of the year uh.
Speaker 1: In the NFL this year?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good. Gotta come strong, It's gotta be love, right Ryan, I think it will be love. Who's the best rookie receiver?
Speaker 3: Who's the best rookie receiver in the NFL this year?
Speaker 4: So I will take your lead a little bit there. I think you're leading me.
Speaker 1: I'm leading probably. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that someone that a lot of people are sleeping on right now that's going to have a lot of playing time in Miami is Chris Bell.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right now I have to stop this conversation here. Well now, I don't want to stop it, but I want to because because Ryan, here's my thing with Chris Bell, and you're a Miami guy, so you would know better than me. But I I just I love the player. If Farrell, I know, is a big fan out of Louisville, he loves Chris Bell. But my whole thing is this guy tore his ACL last year, and and I'm great with him in dynasty like a late round first late first round pick, early second round pick. I'm all, I'm all aboard Chris Bell, but I think about him in a redraft standpoint, and I'm wondering how much he's going to contribute to a Melik Willis, Jeff Halfley, Bobby Slowick offense in twenty twenty six. And that's my hang up. But Ryan, maybe maybe you can sell me on Chris Bell and redraft leagues this year.
Speaker 4: Well, I would sell you by literally saying to to at Well and Malik Washington.
Speaker 3: Okay, and tell me, tell me Bulkie, and let's see if we can sell some more subscriptions for Belovedren HARMANI to the fantasy Mojoe, tell tell us Bell Washington and at Will big adp all right.
Speaker 1: So currently again this is over the last five days in the FFPC, Big Grill as far as wide receiver is going for Miami, so you're looking at the top one being drafted is Malik Washington, but not until wide receiver seventy four. At the eighteen o two you have Chris Bell going basically right after him wide receiver seventy nine at the eighteen o six, and then that's it. Nobody else, not tover, not to to at well not you know, Caleb Joseph. None of those guys.
Speaker 3: Are going to a big grill sitting on top of just tremendous upside there in Miami, mister Erickson, and you got tremendous upside as a player. We'd love to see you in Kentucky. Come on and get out of the heats hot. Yeah it's hot in August. Come on up and see if it's real cool and tempered here.
Speaker 4: Well, remember I'm I'm I'm the University of Miami.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 4: I watched Chris Bell light up our defense last year and he is a legitimate beast like physically, he will have no problem translating to the NFL.
Speaker 1: There are gonna be a lot of tinnasty rookie drafts that I have not had yet that I will be getting Chris Bell. And I'm very excited about that walk off question for you tonight, Ryan, And maybe maybe I buried the lead on this. There are a lot of people that are skittish about drafting players like Trey McBride, Marvin Harrison, and Michael Wilson based on Carson Beck could be taking over with the Cardinals at some point later on this year when when they realize they're out of it or whatever. Where do you stand on that, not necessarily drafting Carson back, but drafting those other three players that I mentioned, McBride, Harrison, and Wilson knowing that Beck could be throwing to him. You saw Beck up close this past year with him leading the Hurricanes to the College Football Playoff Championship game here and coming quite frankly within you know, a couple of inches of maybe beating Indiana this year. I want to let you weigh in on this.
Speaker 4: Well, I would I would come back with what is Beck's biggest knock.
Speaker 1: His I would say his arm strength is the biggest thing that I know about throwing to the other team.
Speaker 4: And guess what, that's not going to be an issue if I have Trey McBride or those guys. I'm not getting docked for him throwing the ball. You know, Oh, we drove the ball sixty yards down the field, we got to the twenty yard line, then he threw it an interception in the end zone. Well, I still get the sixty yards that he drove down the field, so I think production wise, it's not going to be a problem if Beck gets in there.
Speaker 1: Interesting, So you are not shying away from Wilson, Harrison McBride. I mean maybe you're shying away from it for different reasons. Differently the Beck thing that does not play into.
Speaker 4: Your No, no, it really doesn't. But honestly, out of those guys, McBride goes too early for me, I'm with you, Harrison's the only one I'm really interested in. I don't trust Michael Wilson that flash at the end of last year. Show it to me again, then don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Wilson's flash was when Harrison was hurt, his biggest flash. So yeah, I have sent some concerns there. I have no concern with what Ryan Erickson is going to be doing in the Big Gorilla this year and all his leagues. Ryan. This was a treat having you on tonight. This was so much fun. Thank you so much for hopping on board tonight. We appreciate the insight. Be good, enjoy drafting season from here on out, and most importantly, good luck winning that million bucks in the FFPC Big Gorilla, which you seem to be well on your way to establish.
Speaker 3: Some pretty good teams in doing and Don Ericson will be in Kentucky. You guys can your long lost brother Don eric I'll be in Kentucky. Yes, Ryan, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Man. We'll talk with you soon, all right.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: That is Brian Ericson, Ladies and Gentlemen, the nineteen time FFPC League champ, joining us tonight on the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour.
Speaker 3: Farrell.
Speaker 1: The guests keep getting better and better.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was great talking with him tonight. Great insight on Carson Beck, great insight on Jared Goff, Zach Charmoney, the Bears backfield, the Commander's backfield, and so much more. This is why people tune in for this. This is this is why we do this show. I learned a lot tonight. I'm assuming you did too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, Balky, I just learned that you're the consumment media professional, and you bring up, you raise everybody's game to a certain level that it's the highlight of their year to come on the show and be with you. And I'm just so thrilled to be bride and shotgun Alan for the ride.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what's great about that is not only will you be riding shotgun with me going forward here, but we got the process as Joe's coming up next month. We have more live draft coverage coming up in a few weeks here on this show. So there's a lot to assimilate before everybody is sort of planning their flags and drafting players that they are going to try to win a million bucks with the f FPC main event in the f f PC Big Gorilla. If anybody is looking to compete with me, they can do so at kf FSC dot Com. I got I think three drafts, four probably four drafts. Now, that's got a lot of stuff going on, Buddy, Yeah, there's but but I mean everyone there that we got k f f s C main events. There's seven open teams in the preseason division for the main event that is a four hour slow draft. You can hop in that. The six hour slow draft training camp. There's nine spots left in that at kf f s C dot Com, which I will be in both of those. But the big, the Big, the Best Ball Tournament Championship is is a lot of fun with k f f C. I'm in a couple of those right now. The George Atkinson, Jim Plunkin and George Blanda are the final three divisions available there. So hop a board there if you are looking for some fun there, and then of course the Draftmasters as well. Farl kf f f C dot com is where to go to play. Thank you so much for hopping a board tonight. We will talk with you on Friday. My friend, you got it. That is Farrell Elliott, the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football. I want to thank him, Ryan Erickson, the f f PC rob, and of course each and every one of you. Now next Wednesday we will be back at ten pm Eastern Time with multi time FFPC League champ Vic Davis. He will hop aboard to talk about his big gorilla drafts this year. That's gonna be another fun episode. And then of course tomorrow night watched Insider Access with me and Yahoo Fantasy Scott Pianowski, two full hours of nothing but fantasy football. What's great about having Scott on this time of year. He is engrossed into fantasy baseball, he is dying to talk fantasy football, and he's gonna get two hours to do it tomorrow night. So that's gonna be a lot of fun right here on this channel seven pm Eastern Time, Friday Night extra reps ten pm Eastern Time, myself Ferrell and thirteen time FFPC League winner and a guy who drafted this past Friday night in the live on HSFFUR Big Gorilla Draft, Don Tolby is going to join us. That will air ten pm Eastern Time this Friday Night. A lot of good insight on that as well, FFPC Big Gorilla. Right now we have I'm gonna look this up right now, just so I'm not giving you any false information, which I hate to do on this show. Midweek Mayhem is going on right now. So if you draft the team tonight or tomorrow, you will be entered into the drawing for three free FFPC Big Gorilla. Teams will announce that in the Friday night or the Friday morning email. We have eleven teams available in the midnight Draft. Everything else has been filled up tonight in the Big Gorilla, but we do have eleven teams in the Midnight Draft that is going to be drafting in a half hour, So register for that right now my f FPC dot com. You're also eligible for the seven Bananas promo in there, which we're giving way more free FFPC teams. There FFPC Main Event, million dollar grand prize six hundred dollars off your first a bigger part in each additional team after your first team. There FFPC Bestball Tournament four hundred k for the grand prize as opposed to three hundred k, which is what it was last year. FFP. We see super Flex Fastball Tournament thirty five bucks to enter one hundred thousand dollars grand prize. There Dynasty startups Empire Dynasty Startups available now my FFPC dot com. They started one hundred bucks, they go up to twenty five hundred dollars. Take advantage of that player. One FFPC player. One brand new thing that this industry has not had before. We're very excited to be the first to offer it. It is basically drafting. You drafting immediately after you sign up against eleven smart CPU teams. We have different profiles in that as well. There is a Brice I don't know if there's a Price profile, but there's a day of profile and Alex profile and Eric profile, bull Key profile, Jake profile. So you're basically drafting against all these FFPC profiles and if you can beat all of us. You're gonna win serious cash or free FFPC main event entries, free FFPC Big Urrilla entries. A lot of fun there. Draft against the computer to win big this year. FFPC chap leagues also available. Don't finish in last place in any given week this year and you will win that league and turn that into cash or big tournament entries. My FFPC dot com is where to call m y f FPC dot com. Remember to like, subscribe, comment on this video, share it with a friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time. We go live, which will be Friday night at ten pm Eastern Time Thursday night at seven pm Eastern Time with myself and Scott Pianowski as our friend, Vince Dafelena reminds us you are officially over the hump right now. Thank you so much for watching, everybody. We'll talk with you again tomorrow night, seven pm. FFPC Insider Access.
Speaker 2: This has been another episode of the Hot Stakes Fatastley Football Hour, presented by my f FPC dot Com. It was broadcast live and was watched around the world, and Farrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, add more advice from guests much smarter than they are. Thanks for watching, and we'll talk with you again next week.
Speaker 1: I know most of the time I always say too with the Big Gorilla draft and when we have one starting in a half hour or whatever, But there are other teams that we have going on, the Baby Gorilla, the FFPC Bestball Tournament, and the FFPC Super Flex Bestball Tournament. We have a draft starting in thirty two minutes right now with just five teams left. So if you want to enter for thirty five bucks and take your shot at one hundred thousand dollars grand prize, this would be the perfect time to do it. My FFPC dot com, my f FPC dot com. I'll talk with you tomorrow night at seven pm Eastern with Scott Pianowski from Yahoo Fantasy, and then I'll talk with you again with Farrell Elliott and of course Don Tolby, the thirteen time f FPC League winner, live on hsff our Extra Reps ten Eastern time this Friday. Thanks for watching, everybody. We'll talk with you again very very soon.