Speaker 1: What is going on? Clippers fans, Welcome to the season. For episode thirty two of Clips and Dip. I am Chuck Mackler in an undisclosed location with part of my family who you might hear in the background of the stream. I do apologize for that. Joined by Adam Oslin. William Opdyck is unavoidably detained. Thanks for hanging out. If you're listening to this, thank you. If you want to watch us, you can find us at YouTube dot com slash at Clippers podcast, or if you don't want to watch us, leave us a review wherever you're get in the pod. We appreciate it. Adam, we decimated the Kings. How are you feeling? What can we take from this? What's the vibes.
Speaker 2: Um? The handled business? I also shot the ball incredibly well, hitting twenty three pointers and seven in the first quarter. I still didn't think their defense was that good to start, but the second unit with John Collins next to Done Mather and Kobe and Jordan, that's that's when the defense started to set in. That's when they started to create steals getting out in transition. Those guys were awesome. They got up to nineteen early in the second quarter, it was down to twelve and the half, and then the starters were better than the third quarter and Clippers blow them out. But I really liked that John Collins lineup.
Speaker 1: Yes, he is effectively the backup five. Now I was wondering how much of this success was because, you know, Collins, everyone else was just kind of shooting super well, and we were playing the Kings, you know what I mean, like the opponent. It is a little difficult to take a bunch of concrete things away from the first game. They played well against that kind of team.
Speaker 2: I'll say this, the Kings actually were seven and seven in their last fourteen games, which was kind of surprising. They had been beating shocking, they had been beating teams in clutch time. They were like six and one or something like that. It was wild. So I was like, pregame, don't let it get to that point. And it didn't led by what thirty eight? Yeah, yeah, you have to take into account the opponent. But it was still nice to see maybe some fresher legs out there after two days off and a little bit more focus and the defense and a different lineup out there that had success. And I thought it was a great move from coach lou.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Collins, I think he was in the second most played lineup last night and it was the second best plus minus for the totals, which is great. I like the Tyler referenced him rolling to the basket being a big help, because that's something we've kind of you talked about the last time we did the pod, Like Brook Lopez is going to change his game and all of a sudden kind of roll to the basket. You need at least one guy who's going to say the screen and roll to the basket. And Colins, thankfully is fine with whatever role he's in and seems good in the hecticness that is being a Clippers player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to be versatile. You gotta be ready when your numbers called to play any position. And honestly, I don't know why he'd have an issue since he got twenty shots up in like twenty five minutes or whatever it was for him to be more the focal point because he's playing with backups. I'm sure he enjoyed it, but he also was knocking down three pointers. The all around game from John Collins. It reminds you of just how good he was at his peak this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was. I mean he got twenty four. Oh we got William Uptike on the stream, William Uppike sub fellas, how the hell are you buddy doing?
Speaker 3: Alright doing?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: I've been a weird Airbnb. We're talking about John Collins. He's back. I didn't. I think Russo put that in his his sub stack, which everyone listening to this should be subscribed to. How much are you taking away from last night's success, factoring in that it was against the.
Speaker 3: Kings, everything, everything, You're back, We're back in the circle of contenders.
Speaker 1: Baby, is it our year? Was that this is our year?
Speaker 2: Game?
Speaker 1: Not quite? Not quite? We're gonna have to see a little more this last week of the season. Mattherin looked really good last night. We talked about his six assist game against the Raptors being like kind of a breakthrough thing. But he only had I think like three assists last night, but he was passing super well. Yeah for those three assists even before that, Like he's not he didn't have the tunnel vision.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, Hey.
Speaker 2: We're going out of his way. He was going out of his way to make the extra pass out there. It looked like a guy that had watched his film from the last game and said, I need to make some adjustments here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he took what four field goal attempts, Like that's when's the last time he took that few shots? No, I don't mean that disresponding.
Speaker 2: More assystem field goals.
Speaker 1: Damn. I wonder when that's gonna happen again. That might be the fewest he's ever taken as a Clipper, I guess would be. Yeah. He was also like present on the boards, which we very much need given the center situation. So maybe he can like build on this because Matther needs to get to the line and kind of do more of what we saw yesterday if the Clippers are going to make any noise in the whatever kind of postseason basketball man play.
Speaker 2: I'll say this, he's been pretty good with the boards even when he wasn't assisting like this. But I mean, he's average in six He's averaging six per game almost the last month basically since he became a Clipper, which that's impressive for six or three guy. Yeah, he's got to share the basketball. I'm just guessing the coaching staff talk to him about that two on one with Kobe Sanders against San Antonio and yeah, this cannot happen.
Speaker 1: Is he averaging? He's urging about the same amount of boards as he had with the Pacers? Well, yes, this was crazy. Is this the end of the Nick? The Nick Batob getting rotation minutes Aaron got the DNP. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're trying to conserve a little bit of something that's left in the tank, but you know there's other options in this rotation has been short, like we've you know, we've we've seen it get shorter and shorter, and we've seen him come in like only in garbage time before. So you know how much that is like an act an act of conservation and how much is that you're just trying to lean on what else you have means to be seen. Yeah, the end, No, a diminished role for the for the for the time being, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder if part of it was just like we're blowing this team out. We can give him a that.
Speaker 3: I mean, right, like, I you know, if you if you're up by more than twenty, like, does he really need to be checking.
Speaker 1: In getting the reps out of where were you surprised on the DNP?
Speaker 2: No, because he didn't play the second half against San Antonio and Kobe took his minutes there, so I was kind of thinking this is probably that time where coach lew was making the move. But he also said postgame after San Antonio, very briefly, almost terse, we'll see when he was asked about Kobe Sanders game more rotation time, So I think he knew then it was going to happen. But you give Niko Batoum the respect and plenty of opportunities, and it's not like he's had some terrible year. People acting like he's been awful. Here's a three point shooter. His defense has been solid. It's the mistakes. What the inbounds passes are so loud that it clouds everyone's thinking about how good Nico's actually been well.
Speaker 3: And with a smaller sample size too, right, like those things kind of stick out more. And yeah, and in that trail Trailblazer's game, I mean, he played a little bit in the first half, but then wasn't brought back in until garbage time, So it's not oh yeah, I don't know if this is a like I said, I think that this is more of like a partially conservation partially if you're trying to test and look at other lineups and see who you can lean on, like you know what you're getting from Nick Wutoun Like it's not like you know, like it's what is he doing in this in this year of his NBA career. That's gonna You're gonna be like, Wow, Nick Patoon can do that.
Speaker 1: He's honestly the only thing that would be awesome for him to develop is a hook shot. Nico is if he could develop just the hook shot, get him in there. Yeah. The what's tough about the inbounds passes too, is that doesn't tie like choose him on purpose because he's been good at them. So he's been good at so many more than he's been bad at that. The bad ones stick out.
Speaker 3: Someone pull the someone pull the fucking compilation of all the terrible Clippers in bounds passes the season. Actually, I think you could point some more than Nico in that department.
Speaker 1: Well, Adam, you did a great breakdown on the one against the Spurs when brook Lopez passed it back to him when he was out of bounds, which is brook lopez His fault, not Nico's fault. Is that Wemby affected that Wemby was down low where Nico wanted to go, and then he just like, well, shit, like he.
Speaker 2: Had a fraction of a second to make that call. He didn't do it. He passed it into brook. Brook still thinks he's the trigger man, so he has to go right back to Nico, which that was just a mess. Like it's it's partially on Nico still for not passing it right away, but it's not the glaring mistake that everybody made it out to be. I think initially, like you watch Wemby turn there, it's like, yeah, you might get to that. There's a real good chance you might get to it.
Speaker 1: It is funny. That's like, that's like the most comical play of the Clippers season, right.
Speaker 2: Or the the inbound step on the line. But that was about to be a five second violation two against Houston, And I honestly didn't blame him for that because guys weren't even coming back towards the basketball. Kawhi and James Carden were like at half court and they had plenty of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, shout out Nico. He's going to be a great locker room guy either way. That's, you know, great Vet.
Speaker 2: I still expect him to make some big plays for the Clippers down the stretch.
Speaker 1: And the other part is I'm wondering how short the leash is for Kobe, Not that I think it should be particularly short, but ty when it comes to young guys, right will like you make one mistake. Lot Murray had a good tweet where it was like, if you're a young guy trying to get time in his Clippers team, like don't turn the ball over, don't make defensive mistakes.
Speaker 3: And I think that he like his in game IQ has come a long way since the beginning of the season, But I mean he's had his own trouble sort of floundering in this rotation. So I mean, like, do I think that he probably has a larger leeway for error than he would in a normal season where everybody who was expected to contribute for the Clippers was healthy. Yes, of course. Like is he still gonna get pulled for doing boneheaded stuff?
Speaker 1: Also?
Speaker 3: Yes, of course, Like this team just doesn't have margins to mess around with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's Yeah, I think I have confidence. Everyone wanted Covid to get more time, and now he's getting more time so that's good. We do have to shout out, what is it? Fifty four games of twenty plus points for Kawhi. He had an efficient twenty six before Garland with kind of a weird game. I guess he shot fifty percent but was brutal from three. But he had I mean, he had the positive assist to turnover, which is fantastic.
Speaker 3: So like that's the bare manimum.
Speaker 1: For a point guard. I think that is fair. Actually, I'm looking forward to him getting more comfortable with the with the Clippers. Now. I don't mean in a mean way or anything, but it's just like there's still some feeling out going on with d G, which makes sense because guys are yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was still, you know, not as accurate as he had been from three, and you wonder how much of that is a regression to the mean, him being in a funk, being in his head a little bit. He wasn't gonna shoot fifty one percent from three the entire year, so naturally there was going to be some pullback. Is that all this is? Some will say, oh, it's level of competition. I don't necessarily think there's a big enough sample size to say that yet.
Speaker 3: I think he was wowed by the big lights of the Big Tomato after after a terrible loss to a divisional to a conference rival, he was.
Speaker 1: At the far table Capital of the World, as they call Sacramento. Shout out to Big Tomato. Do people still call it? That? Is that still a thing?
Speaker 2: I haven't heard it in a while.
Speaker 1: They got to bring that back, dude, standings check, which we are contractually obligated to do. Now we are tied for the Blazers. Whoa what whoa? You said contracts? What the hell? The Nuggets play the Blazers tonight, So let's go Nugs just for tonight and then they play the Spurs after that. So like the Clippers, theoretically could get a little bit of like, we have some schedule help from whoever puts the schedule together, the devil. So let's go those two teams because I think they're gonna be able to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's gonna be an interesting to see. Let's say they are able to beat Dallas. She's not a given. I gotta play the right way.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about that in this second. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I mean if the if the Trailblazers lose these two games and we end up going three and one over this final four that, I mean, it's pretty sealed.
Speaker 2: It's sealed. If they go three and one Blazers lose the next two, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: That would be it because then we would also end up beating the Blazers in that scenario, right.
Speaker 2: Who's the who's the one loss? We're saying the Thunder? What if the Thunder don't play out to play anyone?
Speaker 1: Would they?
Speaker 2: They just need I think one more loss from San Antonio. I could see them playing guys a few minutes.
Speaker 1: Did their rest Guys? Did we play the Thunder late last year and they arrested people? Am I hallucinating that for some reason, I thought we had like a game against the Thunder and they didn't play everybody late. I would love that to happen.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I think they'll still play some minutes just because, yeah, you have Shay still pulling for an MVP. I mean that's like I don't think they would just like outright cinema full game. I don't know what he's at game total wise, but I'm sure he's not in danger. But even still, it's just for for ceremonial reasons.
Speaker 1: You know how many games we check real quick. He's at sixty six, so he's good.
Speaker 3: Maybe they do then, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why not. Honestly, Sam Presty, if you're listening to this, tell your coach. Sit everybody, we already did your favor with the trade, right help help playing team out.
Speaker 2: I think they just need one loss from San Antonio and they got it.
Speaker 3: Do they play hard to beat the Clippers to make sure or do they lose to the Clippers to make sure they don't have to play them in that in that one eight matchup.
Speaker 1: They're duck and Lopez. Bro makes sense. The Spurs are playing the seventy six ers right now, then the Blazers, then the MAVs, then the Nuggets, So the Spurs have kind of a that last game is going to be interesting against the Nuggets.
Speaker 3: Where are the Nuggets secured in their spot? Where are they?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, four is tied and yeah, dude, three four five is separated by one game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Lakers may be dropping back.
Speaker 1: What makes you say that.
Speaker 2: They're having some Clippers type luck right now?
Speaker 1: Dude, all my Lakers' friends, I was like, welcome to every single year of my life. For the past like six years. Dude, like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I honestly, I don't like seeing anybody get injured, so I feel fast, Well, that's just an insane amount of bad luck. It into like two days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like Luca.
Speaker 2: Will happened from one game.
Speaker 1: Luca is legitimately, I'm not diminishing his skill. He is my least favorite player in the NBA as a Clippers fan. It's like he's very good at basketball. I'm not saying that, but even me, someone who's least favorite player in the league is Luca. This sixty five game rules trash. He had to go back to like see the birth of his child, which is counting against him. Now he gets this thing like he's played enough, he's played good enough basketball to get an end of season award, And that hurts me to say they're.
Speaker 2: Going to give him the exemption.
Speaker 1: I think I think the exemption for the lung. No, No, that's like a freak thing though, right, Like.
Speaker 2: But if you just start doing it because of injuries, like everyone's going to have an exemption. If it's Luca because he left the country for a few days and only a couple of days, yeah, that's more than Ell.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you fix it, but I think you just hope people have common sense when they're voting.
Speaker 2: I've looked at this and like the amount of times anybody that only played like forty or even like fifty games that got voted for an All NBA first Team or second team, It's very low. It's not a handful of times ever the last thirty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think if you weren't already playing sixty plus, like the you know, the conversation is already sort of against you. But yeah, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: But that this even at the time, felt like sort of a phantom, punitive impostment, you know what I mean. It's like this, this was put in a place for the for like the inside the NBA talking heads who are convinced that no one ever plays and wins an MVPA, Like, like, truly the conversation. If you don't play sixty games, it's like, oh, well, he's so good, but he never he never fucking plays.
Speaker 1: Like and it's about Kawhi specifically, he is going to be first team All NBA because he's gonna play, well, hold on, I'm not going to jinx that he should be first team All NBA because it seems like he should play at these sixty five games.
Speaker 2: He can miss one more. I don't want him to miss one more.
Speaker 1: No, we're gonna need him. That's a great transition. Actually, we're gonna talk about Thunder, the MAVs Thunder back to back coming up after this break. For the audio listeners, if you're watching us, we're still here. If you want to watch, you can find us at YouTube dot complish at Clippers podcast. Coming up. There's gonna be a break and then MAVs Thunder back to back talk in three two.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back into Clips and Dip. We just talked about the clippers incredible, good, life affirming win over the Sacramento Kings. Now we got to look ahead to the back to back, which comprises half of the four games remaining for the Clippers. I mean, I think we're all in agreement that the MAVs should be easy word, but they did just pull off a win over the Lakers. Where are you standing at now, Chuck?
Speaker 1: Who's laughing?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I do like that you said life affirming because for that Kings win, Because honestly, I was like, we're fucking back, and then I woke up this morning and did the outline. It was like, I don't know about that. No, the MAVs, it's like they're so bad their stat profile. Remember we talked about the Raptors how they like don't take any threes. The MAVs don't take any threes and they don't make any threes. Like this is a game that the professional start has never been needed more than the late season game against the MAVs on the first side of a.
Speaker 2: Back to back. Luckily, uh, you know, Cooper Flagman have got it out of his system against the other team from LA. Now he's third in the most forty five point games this season. I would give him Rookie of the Year a recrd third in the most forty five point games this season. Shit, uh, I just think Charlotte's better and they're playing in the East. Colin has more help around him, and Cooper's had to do much more and the Maps are really not trying to win.
Speaker 1: And CON's like like one thousand percent more of a specialized guy, not a knock but like flag is having to do quite a bit for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know about a thousand but flag is definitely more. Run your entire offense through him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and no disrespect to either guy, both having incredible scenes.
Speaker 2: Got business, Yeah, handle it.
Speaker 1: Another. I'm gonna There's certain teams that have confounding stats, and the MAVs have a couple of them. One of them is they're fourth and pace, but they take below average field goal attempts.
Speaker 2: They turnover a lot.
Speaker 1: Let me check.
Speaker 2: Or get fouled a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, wow, the ESPN stats page is so fucking bad. Look at hold on, look at how bad this. This is like the worst stat page you can possibly like. Yeah, they like don't take threes, they don't make threes. Hold on, let me get their ship up. God damn twenty five.
Speaker 2: They've been like the worst team since early January, I think so.
Speaker 1: Like they're eighteenth in turnovers, so they're not like awful.
Speaker 2: You know what are they in throats hose fifth? There you go. It's that combination. You get up less shots because of that.
Speaker 1: What a rough team to try and watch. Yes, so this is like, this is a take care of business. Don't foul as much? Do we think? Is Garland gonna rest this back to back on one of the have.
Speaker 2: He hasn't played both back to backs yet, right, grow.
Speaker 1: Wait, grow up or stay up?
Speaker 3: He's young.
Speaker 1: Grow up? He has not played a back to back for the Clippers yet, No better time.
Speaker 2: I think it could depend on does Okay still have something to play forward? Depending on what Antonio does and did the Clippers win against Dallas?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I put a note in here will what could go wrong for the Clippers against Dallas?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think, like you said, like if they come out flat and give this team any sort of momentum going into this, I mean, they're already coming off of a big win. That's a that's a recipe for a long night.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: This back to back is so monumental for the entire standings of this Clippers season, and they have to get one. There's like, there's no scenario forward if they somehow go h to two on this back to back where they're not in nine ten. I don't think, like I mean, unless unless the Blazers really fall asleep at the at the wheel against that harder competition to end the season. So I think if I mean, if they lose this game against the MAVs, I would hope that that Garland is ready to go or alternatively that OKAC has decided they have nothing to play for.
Speaker 1: Remember we had Law on a pod I think last season, and he was like, you know, it's hard when like you're looking at a like tanking teams in the beginning of the season. They're not tanking, right Yeah, yeah, yeah. Of course, end of the season is kind of similar. You're locked into the worst record in the league right or close to it. So if you're the MAVs, you get that feather in your cap win against the Lakers, that doesn't really affect your draft ons that much, you know what I mean. Like, so it's kind of the same thing at the end of the season too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean like, yeah, like two big wins in l A. I mean, you know, it's it's an indication that process is going in the right direction, even for a disastrous season. And yeah, it's if it's if it's not going to negatively affect your draft impact, why would you not like And and that's the other thing too, is like you have young guys like these guys don't want to continue to fucking lose regardless of what the organization's intent is for uh for for you know, draft standings, manipulation, like they don't give a shit about that. They want to win games.
Speaker 1: Man, what do we think, Adam, What do we think they did on their day in LA because they played yesterday, had the day off today. What do we think the MAVs did today in Los Angeles?
Speaker 2: Did you say that game was in Dallas? Right? Oh? Did you see that was a whole game so they don't have as much LA nightlife to get them to bank?
Speaker 1: Oh dude, that was an NBA team. I'd be like, we're flying into fucking We're flying into Burbank, which is.
Speaker 2: Being a panda right next to it. We're going into Burbank.
Speaker 1: They're remodeling the Burbank Airport, which is insane. It's perfect. It has two guy fiery restaurants. It has a guy fiery sandwich shop. What else does it need? Yeah, third third guy restaurant, Third guy Fiery restaurant.
Speaker 3: Third guy at the Burbank Airport.
Speaker 2: I do think there's a race of the bottom right now. I gotta be honest, Like the players don't want that, of course, but teams. I think, like the bottom ten teams in the NBA with the last like fifty games or something like winning it like a ten percent clip, like it's been really bad.
Speaker 3: Thank god, they'll have to joust next year when the new anti tankings is going to.
Speaker 1: Effect GM versus GM hand to hand combat. Yeah, so you are incredibly right at them in the East thirteen fourteen to fifteen, separated by one game, that's or two games excuse me, Yeah, in the West, damn.
Speaker 2: But this is something where they're competing off. They're competing with each other though for draft positions, not like it's the West has their own draft. In the East, like Dallas is. Looking at the fact that Brooklyn is, you know, they have fifty nine losses, they probably want to at least get in the mix where like Milwaukee is, Chicago is.
Speaker 1: But the MAVs are like they got fifty they got twenty five wins. They're tied with the Pels. That's twelve thirteen. Like the Kings and Jazz are like firmly at the bottom.
Speaker 2: True. Yeah, but they're right, they're right next to Memphis. They want to at least be worse than them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, that's what they, like you.
Speaker 2: Said, they got their big Lakers victory. What do they need to just get one over the Clippers for flying Cooper got it locked up. The rookie of the year's fine, he's the favorite at Calshi.
Speaker 1: I can't believe go to Panda.
Speaker 3: I can't believe the Wizards managed to outlse the Pacers, Like, yeah, they're.
Speaker 2: Not messing around.
Speaker 3: I did well. I just like when the Pacers had that number one spot locked up that I was like, big, they got this.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone's going to be able to surpass them.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't have let Zoo play those two games?
Speaker 1: Yeah, to break his rib. So then the Clippers, hopefully play professionally against the MAVs, get a win the Thunder game. Both of the teams will be on a back to back, which adds a level of chaos, I would say to the y and maybe it helps the resting Okay, see resting agenda that we're trying to push.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't realize that they were on the second night of.
Speaker 1: The back to back too, so double check what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe you do rest some guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, they play the Lakers tomorrow and then on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: This to me is about the Portland game, Like, you rest guys because you have the biggest game of the season coming up against Portland. Yeah, I think you have to take that into account. I'm not saying you just totally hunt the game, but he is not playing guys.
Speaker 3: It still all depends on what happens the first of the mass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you gotta they better beat the mass assuming let's say they beat the Maps. Now you've got decisions to make. Is okay? See playing? Are they playing the entire game with their guys? What did Portland do against you know, the Spurs and Denver tonight? Do we have Do.
Speaker 1: We know if the Thunder injury report came out for the Lakers game, because with how many with the two key guys out for the Lakers, maybe the Thunder rest guys.
Speaker 3: Against the Lakers, right, I mean, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: I was looking up some stats. In the last five games the Thunder or five and zero. Their net rating is plus twenty two. They're shooting forty percent from three. They have one hundred and three defensive rating over that stretch, which is insane. Let's just not get killed on the boards if everyone plays like, I don't know, let's just get some good reps. I guess it's like what I'm hoping for all.
Speaker 3: That to lose to the Clippers in a conference final.
Speaker 1: In the conference. Okay, so Lakers, the Lakers injury report is out. I mean there's only two guys out for the Lakers tomorrow or for the excuse me, for the Thunder tomorrow. It's Jaden Williams obviously, and then Thomas Sorper. Everyone else is healthy. I think they might rest guys versus Clippers based on this one piece of information that just take.
Speaker 2: There's a pretty good chance, maybe not the entire game, but some of the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, well I'm feeling good about I'm feeling great about that. I actually I will be at Disneyland during the Clippers Blazers game, which bold not my choice interesting strategy.
Speaker 2: If they lose, you're gonna be on mister Toad's wild ride in the hell portion of it.
Speaker 1: I will turn it into the unhappiest place on Earth. I will air that bit chat.
Speaker 3: So let's say, okay, see does rest guys and no matter what the Clippers do, end up going three and one over the final four games, is that enough to stay in seven eight?
Speaker 1: I think it is.
Speaker 2: If they go three and one or win three or four because.
Speaker 1: They're beating they're beating the Blazers in that scenario.
Speaker 3: So the tiebreakers are well, I mean, if they don't beat the Blazers, oh right, so they go three and one, but the one loss ends up being to the Blazers because okay, see is resting people.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the Blazers record if they go one and one the next two So they get one of the games against San Antonio or San Antonio and Denver, both games on the road. Let's just say they get Let's give them one.
Speaker 1: They're thirty eight right now, So they go forty one and thirty nine.
Speaker 2: Because they can't they can't lose to them and end up with the same record as.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, of course, of course.
Speaker 2: Because Portland as the conference tiebreaker.
Speaker 1: I thought it went to division. That wasn't even a joke.
Speaker 2: But we're not in the same division.
Speaker 1: Oh then it goes to conference. Yeah hmmm, I think, yeah, we're twenty three and twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yet another move by Adam Siliver and his corporate crony is to undervalue divisional play.
Speaker 1: Dude, don't even get me started. If you want to hear our on divisional play, subscribe to the non existent Patreon. All right, who's our player of the back to back? We also just in terms of people who kind of maybe listen to the show. For this, we're gonna need Kawhi and Darius Scarland to combine. If everyone plays for the Thunder, Kawhi and Darius Garland got to combine for like fifty five. We need the small ball lineup to be good. I'm interested to see how a small ball lineup looks against the Thunder, because we're gonna see it against the We saw it against the Kings. We're gonna see it against the Maps, who were also very bad. Like seeing it against a more legitimate team will be interested.
Speaker 3: I'm going John Collins as the most likely player to play the back to back.
Speaker 1: And he's gonna hap. I mean, he's gonna have to be really important.
Speaker 2: My guess is Garland still doesn't play both regardless.
Speaker 1: And I'm I think I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they be honestly, they have toload up and get ready for Portland.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if to beat the Maps, yeah, And if Kawhi can miss only one more game, I would go ahead and pencil at one in against the Thunder I like the Collins pick is a really good pick.
Speaker 1: Adam.
Speaker 2: It's like if Thunder aren't playing there, guys, there's a lot of chess going on, and you can get that game and sweep the back to back at home. You make life a lot easier. Let's say Portland loses both these games on the road.
Speaker 3: We can waltz into the scenario I predicted where one of our final losses comes against the Warriors because we're locked in. We're locked in at eight.
Speaker 2: I don't know what Golden State is going to have to play for. They're tenth, like nothing like, I don't see them playing hard that final game. There are four games out of nine like, they're not Yeah, they're tenth. I'll go with the magic Benedict Mather and this newfound assists good decisions.
Speaker 1: Why we're gonna magic magic, then short magic. Short magic is a great There was a picture who came up in the Mariners farm system because the Mariners had Randy Johnson whose nickname was the Big Unit. And then there was a picture who came up like, you know, a while later, but his nickname was the Little Unit.
Speaker 2: Is he looking around like, what the hell, guys, what the hell?
Speaker 1: Is this man? It was terrible, all right, So we got Collins math damn he hit he hit a butterfly that exploded. Yeah, he in a hummingbird. Everyone was way more pissed off. I'm gonna go. I mean, John Collins is the best pick, also the easiest.
Speaker 3: So I went, no, I win no points for that.
Speaker 1: I'm going Kobe Kobe Sanders is. It's going to play both games for sure. Get those good reps in shoot forty percent from three, don't have bad turnovers. That that's who I'm seeing.
Speaker 2: That's a good call.
Speaker 3: Who do you think he's been a bigger difference maker on the season between Sanders and Miller.
Speaker 1: I think Jordan Miller.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because he wasn't tough call.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was, I know, But then I remember how the basketball was early.
Speaker 2: Not his fault.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. I think it might be Jordan Miller.
Speaker 2: Kobe is shooting like fifty one percent from three the last seventeen games or something.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, and Jordan Miller.
Speaker 2: Jordan did to hit some though. Did he hit three yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He went through.
Speaker 2: That was good to see.
Speaker 1: He will only take three a game.
Speaker 2: The terrifs man spot the terrorst man.
Speaker 1: I guess who's better on defense? That might be my what sways me because they do such different things offensively. Coke is a floor spacer, which is huge for this team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Kobe slightly.
Speaker 1: I might flip flop. My name is John Kerry because I do flip flop. Finally, that's a community reference, not me being anti John care. There's a bit in community where uh Troy is Troy's high school has like vaguely right wing football chain. All right, any final thoughts before we send these Clippers fans out to be stressed until Friday about the Blazers game.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, Beat the Blazers, save the season.
Speaker 2: Save the cheerleader heroes, and yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: What I said. All Right, We're doing a full episode on Thursday because people need to be We're gonna be stressed about the Blazers game. Probably a happy hour on Saturday, and then an end of the regular season pod on Monday. I genuinely cannot believe that is here in a week. That's insane. Oh, also send those essays in. We got another essay over the weekend. Who I will be. We will be sending a piece of the Rising tides collection to send them to Shavings upodcast at gmail dot com at least five hundred words. This one was twelve hundred words. This person put in a lot of effort. No, AI, we'll send you some stuff. We have T shirts Norm Powell t shirts, I think a hat and some other things. Will Where can people review this pod if they want to let their feelings be known about our references or what we think about the Clippers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can review this pod over on Spotify or Apple podcasts. You can of course listen to wherever you get your podcasts, but you can let us know what you think on every single episode over at YouTube dot com. That's at Clippers podcast. So yeah, let us know your thoughts. But however you listen or however you watch, you know we appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We very much do, an Adam. We need it. We need it, maybe more than not as much as Thursday. But one positive thing for these Clippers.
Speaker 2: Fans, uh Clippers are moving the rock nicely yesterday regardless of the opponent. They were sharing the sugar out there as no equal would say, thirty assists. Let's see if they can keep that going after finally getting a damn practice and with Darius Garland for once on Saturday.
Speaker 1: There we go share the sugar good rule always no matter what kind of sugar. Thank you for hanging out with us. We will be back on Thursday. Here's here's to that professional game against the MAVs and as always, let's go Clips.