Speaker 1: It's exciting six cited the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla. It's time for What's Trending, brought to you by Hila River Resorts and Casinos and Fisher Price just announced a Britney Spears Little People collector set. It's coming this winter, and each figurine is going to be inspired by her iconic music video. Looks like the schoolgirl uniform, the red body suit, the Boa Constrictor, and the flight attendant. So producer said she's gotta get one for her little baby girl because baby girl needs to know her history.
Speaker 2: That would be so fun. Donna Kelcey is gonna.
Speaker 1: Appear in two Hallmark Holiday movies this Christmas season.
Speaker 2: She has a cameo in Christmas on Call.
Speaker 1: This set is in Philadelphia, and she also stars in Holiday Touchdown, A Chief's Love Story, which is inspired by her son, Travis Kelce's real life romance with Taylor Swift. I actually am very excited for that one, specifically because we all have said that Travis Taylor's love story is from a movie, so that'll be super fun to check out. Also, America's Got Talent is happening right now and there is a performer. Her name is Dedie Simon and she was on the show singing, Hosiers, take me to church.
Speaker 2: Listen to her go ham. I was bulled, sick, but I love it. Commend me to be well, Hey.
Speaker 3: Hey, take me to church. I tell you, I seek I believe that. Let me give you.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? That was amazing? So I hope she goes a long way.
Speaker 1: I'm me excited though, for Hosier at our iHeartRadio Music Festival.
Speaker 2: It's just a couple of days away.
Speaker 1: There's still a chance to go if you want to be spontaneous. Tickets at AXS dot com. All right on the way with Sip of the Day. This mom announced at the beginning of the school year that her kids will have to do a very specific thing for the entire year. And it might be a new trend that parents are going to start doing to stop their kids from fighting. Honestly, So we'll do that around six point forty This morning on Mix, it's excitety six ' nine the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Pricella's time for the Sip of the Day, that little sip of fun while you sip on your morning coffee. And this one mom is going viral because every single year, the day before school starts, she announces to her kids what two chores the kids will have for the whole year.
Speaker 4: Your chore this year is the porch and when it snows, you have to shove off the sidewalk and a pathway down to the world by You will be doing trash on the downstairs bathroom. Yeah, you have the dishwasher and the hallways again because you were so terrible at it this year.
Speaker 1: Listen, people may you know, she may have done it as a joke, but people are taking to it and they actually are thinking of implementing that with their kids so they can avoid all the fighting between who's supposed to do what and who's you know, who didn't do what.
Speaker 2: I also love it.
Speaker 1: You take it, kick it up a notch and make it kind of like a Harry Potter sorting hat situation, Like you let them know what they're gonna what house they're going to be in for the next year.
Speaker 2: Super fun.
Speaker 1: If you want to see the video, open up on our Instagram at Makes ninety six nine FM. Don't forget we have your chance to go to Universal Studios. Hollywood Halloween Horror nights coming up around seven twenty five this morning, but in about ten minutes or so, have you ever hate followed someone? That's a thing and sports experts are warning against it. Will break it down around six point fifty on mix Good Morning, It's ex scinety six ' nine, the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla and said, have you ever heard of the term hate following?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh on social media? Yes?
Speaker 1: So now it has an actual description slash definition, and it is in basically a dictionary.
Speaker 2: Like everything these days has the name.
Speaker 1: Yes, so, hate following is a social media habit where people follow accounts that they don't like and they hope that they are going to make a mistake or they're going to do something cringey so they can forward it to a friend or someone else to like talk smack about. No, And then behavioral psychologists are actually like researching this, researching this. I said that wrong, but they're explaining the behavior that can lead to like stress and anxiety, low self esteem, and actually can lead to depression.
Speaker 2: Where you think it's like, uh, they suck, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To talk back talk bad about them, But in reality, these behavioral.
Speaker 2: Like psychologists are saying you actually suck. That is so rude, so nasty, so rude. Don't do it. Don't do it for yourself people.
Speaker 1: I have never in my life purposely followed someone because I don't like them and then just like judged and hated everything they do.
Speaker 5: No, the only thing I can think of is maybe some like bigger celebrity accounts that I don't necessarily love love love them, but I got to see what's going on. But in my personal life, oh no, absolutely not. If it's it doesn't even have to be I don't even have to not like you. If I'm just not interested in what you're doing, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Following exactly why.
Speaker 1: It's one thing to be nosy with like celebrity gossip, like yeah they did you see her? But you know what's the worst thing is when you don't even follow the person anymore and you purposely go to their page to like look at their stuff, to be a hater.
Speaker 5: It's so bizarre, it's so awkward, and then you know that that page is up in their search bar, like ow gross.
Speaker 2: Everybody put the phone down for a set. You know, I'm sending you love if you do this.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes we get lost in our ways, but there's always a chance to find our way back, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe clear out your followers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just or just put social media down for a little bit. If you find your self hate following someone or looking at someone's content and just being judgy, just maybe like, don't be on social media for a little bit to reset.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: Okay, coming up with our jaw dropper. This guy stole ten million dollars from his employer. But what he did with the money is what will make you drop your jaw and said, you're my job's dropped. Wait, just wait, we'll do that just after seven. Right here, I'll mix Billie Eilish Birds of a Feather. What a way to start this beautiful morning right here on Mix ninety six to nine in the Valley's Best Mix. All right, it's time for your jaw dropper of the day.
Speaker 2: Snock girl, I think you drop something my jaw. Okay, this is gonna blow your mind.
Speaker 1: So one man ended up stealing ten million dollars from his former employee and he's been arrested.
Speaker 2: And this happened right here in the States in Georgia.
Speaker 1: Okay, sid The reason why he stole ten million dollars was to clone his pet.
Speaker 2: No, are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: I was all for it, being something irresponsible and like silly.
Speaker 1: No he no, he used the money, and of all pets, his pet cat.
Speaker 2: Just keeps getting worse, keeps getting worse.
Speaker 1: Listen, Okay, he did end up buying a yacht. Okay, a twelve or twelve thousand square foot house.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, how much does it cost to clone a pet?
Speaker 1: I'm assuming a lot because it's experimental, but he's I've spent a lot of it on the cat trying to clone it.
Speaker 2: It was unsuccessful. Oh my gosh, this guy.
Speaker 1: And now he's going to face ten years in prison for wire fraud and money laundering.
Speaker 2: Well was it worth it?
Speaker 1: No, he didn't get his extra cat, and even if he did, he's gonna be in jail.
Speaker 2: So we're you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna steal money, at least like buy a house or something fun and fancy. All right, on the way, we have your tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights Plus. Instagram is introducing a new type of account that might let you get your kids involved. Will explain just around seven to twenty five on Mix crazy Town Butterfly on Meek sinety six nine. I'll always remember that song as the CD I stole from my brother to try to be cool, but I was really just an eleven year old girl. All right, it is time for what's trending. The State Department will now allow passport renewals online for the first time ever. So it applies for adults twenty five and old who have had a passport before.
Speaker 2: They'll no longer have to fill out all.
Speaker 1: The paperwork and print a paper application, mail a tech make an appointment like the whole shebang.
Speaker 2: The pilot program is now fully available to the public.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is go to the State Department's website. This is exciting for people that have been wanting to buy a home. The Federal Reserve cuts the key interest rate for the first time in four years.
Speaker 2: They cut it by fifty basis points.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means because I am not smart enough, But what I know is that it's going to make housing more affordable and make it possible for people to buy homes and refinance and do the whole thing, which is awesome. Instagram has now introduced teen accounts for users under sixteen. The accounts have enhanced safety features like default content restrictions and time limits. Parents can monitor interactions and settings. The new measures aim to kind of protect younger users from harmful content.
Speaker 2: I will say this.
Speaker 1: As someone who spends a lot of time on social media, specifically for my job. I love social media, but I just don't know that I want my kid that's like twelve or thirteen being on Instagram. We'll see when she actually turns that age, but for now, no go for us.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do this.
Speaker 1: If you want to go to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween hohrrn Nights, give us a call right now six oh two two six oh oh nine, six ' nine because we have your chance to win those tickets for four people right now six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine. Red Hot Chili Pepper's on Mix ninety six to nine, The Valley's Best Mix. My name is Priscilla and it is time to play American a Idol.
Speaker 2: We got Jeremy on the phone. At Jeremy and Phoenix. How's it going.
Speaker 1: It's going great.
Speaker 6: How you guys doing today?
Speaker 1: Fantastic? Fantastic? All right, we're you're gonna play American a Idol. You gotta guess what song Ai is singing. So it's gonna be fairly easy, okay, because that's what we do. We want you to win those Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Night tickets.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Summer has come in past, The Innocent can never last? Wake me up when September ends.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, let's be real.
Speaker 1: What song is that at the September Green Day? Yes, congratulations, you're going to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much, of course.
Speaker 2: Hang tight. They were in town last night.
Speaker 1: And Andrea, she works here at Mix ninety six to nine, went and it was.
Speaker 5: Awesome and looks so fun the FOMO this morning after seeing the videos, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, why did she invite me? Well, we put up the reel.
Speaker 1: If you want to live vicariously through Andrea, it's on our Instagram right now at Mix ninety six.
Speaker 2: Check it out. It was so dope.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: On the way, our hot topic has to do a teen girls, and raising girls is hard.
Speaker 2: If you have a daughter, you can relate. We'll explain in two songs. But first let's get into some Nelly Fritato.
Speaker 1: Here we go, AJR, I'm excitey six nine, the Valley's Best Mix, I'm Priscilla and Sid. The hot topic today is for anyone that has.
Speaker 2: A daughter, Oh boy, my future.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I have a teen daughter, and for the record, it's hard because I shouldn't have a nineteen year old. I had her when I was eighteen, so like, I'm still a teen girl myself, so exactly, I don't know how to deal with this as a mid thirties mom to a teen girl.
Speaker 2: But she steals my stuff. And when I say.
Speaker 1: Steals my stuff, like she'll literally go into my room and take my things and use them. And then I'm like, where is this product? Where's out asking without asking? Okay, so we've got I'm past that point. But now we're at the point where she doesn't want to buy her own things. She wants me to buy them for her, and then if I won't buy them for her, she wants to borrow it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his mom has everything, so why do I have to buy it?
Speaker 1: And I'm at the point where I'm kind of like enough, like no, I don't. You can't borrow my shirt because you need a red shirt.
Speaker 2: For work.
Speaker 1: You can't borrow a pair of pants because you like the way they fit, you, like, go buy your own pants.
Speaker 2: I mean, I get it, she's an adult.
Speaker 1: But then I feel bad because at the end of the day, she's living in my house.
Speaker 2: She's my kid. What's the harm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and if she's in a pinch and it's like, you know where she lives, so you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: It back exactly.
Speaker 1: But I'm very particular too about like like I won't share drinks with my kids because it's gross.
Speaker 2: I backwash.
Speaker 1: I hate the way like she's not gonna take care of my clothes the way that I do.
Speaker 2: So I'm in this like rut dilemma, Like I don't know should.
Speaker 1: I be kind of tough on her and say, sorry, you can't borrow anything anymore. If you want something like particul you gotta go buy it. You got a job figure it out? Or am I overthinking it? It's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: Is sharing caring? I know, Silah. So that's what we're asking you this morning.
Speaker 1: If you have any advice, if you are not a teen girl like me and you're more of.
Speaker 2: A grown up, give me a call.
Speaker 1: Six O two two six oh nine six ' nine. That's six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine. It's the Valley's Best make six ninety six nine. I'm Priscilla in the middle of our hot topic, and it's about having a teenage daughter.
Speaker 2: And I'm dealing with this personally.
Speaker 1: My daughter likes to take all my things and I have officially banned her from borrowing anything, like literally not even a bobby pin. If it's in my room, she doesn't get access to it. But is that kind of rude?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 2: Should I let up a little bit? We have Lucy on the phone. What's your opinion on this hot topic?
Speaker 9: I feel like it's your daughter, so like, why not help her out? I think I think you're the jerk.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, But then how do you teach them life experience and teach them that they need to be responsible?
Speaker 9: Well, you can also just talk them through it and say, look, this is how it goes be responsible and these are the things that these are steps we take to do it. Just walk them through it and teach them how to be responsible and be adults.
Speaker 2: Mowed me, Vida, You don't think I've done that already. We are at our witsid. I have tried that.
Speaker 1: I've tried to sit her down. I am on the verge of like putting up a lock box in my room so they can't get in.
Speaker 2: And it's not even just her now, it's my eight year old. You got me there, all right?
Speaker 1: Awesome, Thank you so much, Lucy. Let's move on to Trevor. Trevor in Peoria.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 7: I mean, Look, she's nineteen. I think she should be paying for her own snacks. I think she should be paying. You know, if she needs a shirt, she can find a shirt. She can figure it out.
Speaker 9: She's nineteen.
Speaker 1: So even if like she's like, mom, I got to go to work, I got to be at work in like ten minutes, and I don't have a shirt?
Speaker 2: Can I borrow one?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 2: I just say it's too bad? So sad?
Speaker 7: I mean, I think to us certain extent, yeah, like she's she has to learn these lessons. She's an adult. She's nineteen. She's going to be on her you know, she she's going to be on her own. She needs to know she has to have the stuff.
Speaker 2: She needs for her savage. I love it, all right, give me your opinion.
Speaker 1: Six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine, six oh two two six oh oh nine, six nine.
Speaker 2: Maybe you are the teen daughter in the situation. Maybe you'll hear from you. We're also among that has all of it. Unless you hear Thatatue and your che daughter.
Speaker 9: Okay, there's a call.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's herxtety six nine, the Valley's Best Mix. My name is Priscilla.
Speaker 1: We're in the middle of our hot topic, and the question is do you stop letting your teenager borrow your things when they're not taking care of them and they have their own jobs so they can buy their own stuff. But we're taking your calls. We have Summer on the phone. Good morning, Summer.
Speaker 8: Good morning. What do you think I think that is they're not respecting your space and your boundaries. Lock it up, luck there. They need to know what's theirs and what is yours, and that if they want something of yours, they need to ask permission to use it.
Speaker 2: Boom shock to Locke. I love it, Thanks, Summer, appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Certain.
Speaker 2: Let's move on to April. April. What's your opinion on this hot topic.
Speaker 8: Well, I am the mom of a.
Speaker 6: Young adult daughter and when she was looking at home.
Speaker 4: I gave her whatever she needed.
Speaker 6: She's very responsible, living on her own and adulting.
Speaker 9: It's hard.
Speaker 6: So I say, you help her out.
Speaker 2: Oh you're so much nicer than me.
Speaker 1: I think she needs to ask permission, like my daughter's fair visits.
Speaker 6: Can I borrow your you know, foundation, whatever it is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she always asks so kind of important, like you ask first.
Speaker 6: But I think you you're there for each other, right.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: That's good perspective. Thanks April for keeping me humbled. Okay, thanks you too, Thank you. Let's move on to carry carry. What's your opinion on this hot topic?
Speaker 6: Help her out? O? Fine, guys, help her, then they're done that. My daughter is twenty four now, and it totally turns around and it changes, and you guys will be best friends.
Speaker 2: You know what, You're right.
Speaker 1: I think my biggest hang up is because one, she doesn't like return my stuff in the same like way that she got it.
Speaker 2: That's my big thing.
Speaker 1: It's like, if you're gonna borrow me, Yeah, if you're gonna borrow my doc Martins, like bring them back and make them look the same way you'd borrow them.
Speaker 2: And then yes, I think the other.
Speaker 1: Part I'll be honest if I'm gonna be really vulnerable. We're too close in age, like we're only seventeen years part, so I'm like, wait, I need to be a mom, not a sister right now.
Speaker 6: Yes, it comes around. It gets so much better, and you guys will be the best best friend.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for it.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait because we are not there so much fun.
Speaker 6: We're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: I love it well, thank you, Carrie. We'll end on that note. I'm gonna be.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be.
Speaker 2: Why not, It's.
Speaker 6: Good, I promise you, all right, I haven't get so much better.
Speaker 2: I love it all right, have a great day, bybye.
Speaker 1: Okay, on the way, we have our What's Trending, and we got to break down what gen Z and millennials are doing before they accept a job. Plus the new college major that is really upsetting a lot of parents, but I think it's the new way of business. We'll do that around eight twenty five. It's makes ninety six to nine the Valley's Best Mix. My name is Priscilla. It's time for What's Trending, Brought to you by Hila Rivert resorts and casinos and could this Phoenix Mercury season be Diana Tarrossi's last season? Tonight's game good, Tonight's game could be her last one.
Speaker 2: Of the regular season before the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I mean, she is so decorated, eleven time WNBA All Star and three time champion. She hasn't confirmed her retirement, but she has acknowledged that the end is close, which hurts my heart because she is a WNBA legend. But man, what a great career to leave on the floor. A recent study shows that forty percent of Gen Z and millennials research their zodiac or the zodiac sign of their potential bosses or coworkers before accepting a job. And this feels excessive, but maybe it helps personalities.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like the question I would ask is like, what was your childhood like? And then I'll decide if I want to work for you or not. By the way, coming to college is near you a new major influencing. I know you're laughing and you think it's silly, but it's the new way of business and a degree in influencing has been on the brain of some tech professionals. Co founder and CEO of Viral Nation predicted that there would be a bachelor's degree in social influencing eventually, And think about it. It's because influencers do marketing, they do business, they do like they do create a video, broadcasting audio.
Speaker 2: Influencers kind of our whole package.
Speaker 1: So I can see it being a bachelor's degree, and I don't hate it all.
Speaker 2: Right on the way.
Speaker 1: I got a DM yesterday from a friend that had a picture of a note and it read I could destroy your life with this one letter.
Speaker 2: I gasped, and then I said, open it up. I want to read it.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna read it to you in a few songs. But let's play some Teddy Swims right here on Mix ninety six nine. Such a fun song. Up all night on Mix ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. My name is Priscilla, So sid do you remember in middle school we would write notes on physical paper to our friends and then make it like a little rigamy thing and send it their way.
Speaker 5: Yes, for your eyes only, Yeah, don't let anybody else read it.
Speaker 1: So yesterday I get a photo from a friend from seventh grade, a guy friend, and it is one of these origami notes and it says to Garrett from Priscilla for your eyes only, And he wrote, I could destroy your life with this one letter.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, m g open it. I want to know what it says. I was gonna say, open it. We need to know.
Speaker 1: So he says it. Okay, So he sends it to me. It's a whole letter. I'm gonna read it to you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: It is so good and so cringey. All right, here we go. Let me just set the mood. Okay, Hey, Garrett, what's up and happening? Nothing much going down my way. I don't know why I decided to write you, but here I am wasting my time.
Speaker 2: JK.
Speaker 1: So is there anyone that you like at our school? Do you like Ashley? That was messed up what she did yesterday? Don't you think so? Anyway? Is Anthony like shy about kissing girls? Scenes like that?
Speaker 2: Anyway? Anyway? How come?
Speaker 1: Veronica says she does like you? Did you do something to make her mad? So? Who are all the girls Anthony likes? Because I know for a fact I'm not the only girl he likes. Well, you know your friend Matt Well tell him never to wear a muscle shirt again, because that's just not for him.
Speaker 2: If you know what I mean, it's not a pretty sight.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm out of things to say, so I gotta go. Sorry, so sloppy always Priscilla Ornella's ps.
Speaker 2: Don't let Anthony read this?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, why are you so obsessed with Anthony?
Speaker 2: I am dead? First of all, wre's Anthony? Now? I where's Anthony now?
Speaker 1: Secondly, I didn't know I was such a drama queen. Like gossip queen.
Speaker 5: You had all the tea I love at the end when you're like, well that's all I have for now, I'm running out of things to say.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, right, you're running out of things to say. I will be.
Speaker 1: I would be embarrassed if my daughter was this way. I can't believe I was one of those girls. But it's fine.
Speaker 2: We all grow and that's all there was to talk about. That to be thirteen again, awesome.
Speaker 1: It's mixed ninety six to nine, the Valley's Best Mixed Lincoln Park commercial Free. I'm Priscilla, and it's time for the vibe check and sid let's say if you pass the vibe when it comes to being a couple.
Speaker 2: Oh, gosh, okay, let's do it.
Speaker 1: So twelve lessons most couples learn way too late in life, and it affects the health of their relationships. So first on the list, it's okay to spend time apart. How do you feel about that? Oh, I'm not very good at that many.
Speaker 2: Especially right now. I mean, but also my husband, I haven't been together that long. It's only been a couple of years. I have been with my husband for ten years, and I still want to wear his skin. Yeah, like I just took it together.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, but I will say, like you know, a distance makes the heart grow fonder. What I'm saying is if he has gone, then I get excited to see him again.
Speaker 1: But that's true, Okay, Uh, saying what you need doesn't make you needy that ten out of tennis.
Speaker 2: I tell my husband all the time what I need. Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that, exactly. Perfection is a myth, that's true.
Speaker 1: Duh, No perfect couple because fighting is always an okay thing.
Speaker 5: That's why I told my husband when he said, why can't you be on time? I said, I can't be perfect.
Speaker 1: Accepting your flaws makes your bond stronger again. Accepting that you can't be on time. It's fine, poor guy. Also, having your own life outside of your relationship is essential.
Speaker 2: Very important for the success of your relationship. I think so too.
Speaker 1: You've got to have a life outside of your family. I know that's controversial. I think nowadays it's more accepted because for years I've said, listen, my identity isn't going to just be a mom or a wife, and people were like, she doesn't love her family, and it's like, no, it's literally because I love my family that I have to have my own life.
Speaker 2: You know, I gotta fill your cups. You can pour from it. Sharing secrets brings you closer. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Also another hot take, I'm gonna tell a friend something, I'm gonna assume that she's gonna tell her husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that's pretty fair.
Speaker 5: Yeah, say don't even then, but still it's got it, you know if you're married.
Speaker 1: Also, I think it's unfair if you're a friend and you tell your girlfriend, don't tell your husband, because I put you in a weird spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like the other day, member of that fight that my husband and I got into, I was texting my girlfriend about it while it was happening, and immediately I just assumed she was gonna tell her man, because like, I don't care whatever.
Speaker 2: They're a unit.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then finally, you don't have to like every part of your partner got that one knocked out.
Speaker 2: That one's a.
Speaker 1: Lot, baby, Yeah, you get to know that one pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: I think they're gonna irritate you.
Speaker 1: I think we're doing okay, okay, great, Yeah, we're passed the vibe check.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: Here's Shaboozy also passing the vibe check. He'll be at her iHeartRadio Music Festival in just a couple of days. Tickets at axs dot com. It's the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I make ninety six to nine in the Valley's Best Mix. Priscilla here. So sid uh did you start watching The Golden Bachelor last night?
Speaker 2: I sure did?
Speaker 1: And oh my gosh, or should I say The Golden Bachelorette?
Speaker 5: The Golden Bachelorette Joan she's from Gary's season. Last season, she had to leave in the middle of the season to go be with her daughter. Her daughter was postpartum, so she left and her and Gary or Jerry whatever his name is, they had a real connection, and she was torn. She said, listen, I'm a mom first and I'm grandma first.
Speaker 2: So she left. Anyway, they asked her to.
Speaker 5: Be the bachelorette, the first Golden Bachelorette of this season, and I texted you last night. I'm like, I'm ten minutes in and I am just a puddle which hormones. Okay, that's probably some of it. But it's so wholesome to see these men in their sixties, like I'm gonna try.
Speaker 1: Not to cry, just opening up about wanting to Finally, they're just putting themselves.
Speaker 5: Out there on national television and like sharing their story, and you can tell they're uncomfortable in front of the camera. And there's some guys that a little more flashy, and then there's some guys that come up and meet Joan and they're like, Hi, my name is Michael.
Speaker 2: I think my name is Michael. My gosh, I'm so nervous. Wait, why know you're gonna cry too.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna cry just watching his grandpa's it's really sweet.
Speaker 5: And Jodah is like very calm, yeah, which I like, and she's not really doing it up for care.
Speaker 2: I'm like, cancel all the other Bachelor and Bacherette. Just do the Goldens. I want to see the Golden ones.
Speaker 5: Because you know they're looking for their partner after they maybe lost their spouse of thirty years.
Speaker 2: You're gonna cry.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 1: This is what I love about the Golden Bacherette because that's what the original franchise is missing, is the actual love story. Now it's all drama and cattiness and everyone wants to be an influencer. Yes, and they all know each other from social media on beforehand, and this is not that.
Speaker 2: It's not that. I will say one of.
Speaker 5: The girls that was on The Bachelor one of the recent seasons of The Bachelor, her dad is on it and she came in to introduce him.
Speaker 2: So that was the only thing.
Speaker 5: I was like, Oh, but he was so cute and Joan is so she's like, oh, he was really handsome.
Speaker 2: Oh, he was so handsome.
Speaker 5: And there's there's some good looking older gentlemen, little silver foxes out there. I got through the first half because it was a two hour premiere, but just her reading the guys, I'm hooked.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch it. I know it's on ABC, but it's also on Hulu. Streaming next day, so check that out. I'm gonna watch it today.
Speaker 2: Foh Show