Speaker 1: You're listening to camp. I am six forty.
Speaker 2: The Bill handles show on demand on the iheartradiop.
Speaker 1: Just walk under the ladder, break the mirror, do all that, and then you lost all your hair. You see, there is some validity.
Speaker 2: It was the year my father died, I believe. Oh that's nice, love go it wasn't here the kidney decided.
Speaker 1: And now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill handle.
Speaker 3: Turn on the microphone, Champ right there in front of you.
Speaker 1: There you go. I thought, okay, I thought, take up.
Speaker 2: No, keep putting your headphones in front of the mic. I thought had turned on the mic. Okay, sorry about that. I'm back in studio U. And you know the problem is is two studios really screwing up? Actually one studio screws me up. Two studios is out of control for me.
Speaker 1: I have three. I understand, but hey, okay, I'll work to say, Button says on.
Speaker 2: I know it's different places, in different you know locations.
Speaker 3: I think it's you think it's the studios. Man a right, you know, will we'll be in three studios just today.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true. All right, good morning, everybody. Handle here. It is a Monday morning, June sixteenth. We're well on our way to the longest day of the year. I think that's June twenty one, the.
Speaker 1: Solstice, twentieth actually twentieth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is when the Almost Druids the cosplay they do over on the Salisbury Plane at Stonehenge, and everybody dances around and chants and does whatever the hell they do.
Speaker 3: I could I think we could all use a little more dancing right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, around stones, around rocks. I'm better than throwing them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, fair enough. Let me say good morning everybody. Neil obviously, morning Neil.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Willie Wolf, I'm good.
Speaker 2: And there you are morning here, I am there you are, Good morning. Cono there with his hat, good morning. And oh Will over there, Will, good morning, Good morning Bill.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Everybody's happy and Amy Hi, oh happy happy happy wow?
Speaker 1: Oh happy? Oh no, Will's not a father you are happy.
Speaker 3: Father's Day We exchanged yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I celebrated Father's Day yesterday at my kids took me to brent Stelly. Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Of course best elly in the country, and had a great meal and they took me and of course when the bill came they handed it to me. So I paid for my father's day. No, did they really hate it to you? No, the waitress person handed it to me. I just threw my at a card there. The kids were going to take me, but I paid for it.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, ridiculous. And then even if they paid, you're paying for it. I guess it's one for you.
Speaker 3: My late year old made me breakfast.
Speaker 4: What do you make?
Speaker 3: He's funny because throughout the week he'd come in my office and he'd be like, hey, Daddy, what do you like best for breakfast?
Speaker 1: Eggs and toast? Poud okay?
Speaker 3: And then like two days later it'd be Daddy, do you like to eat right.
Speaker 1: When you wake up?
Speaker 3: Or and I go, well, honey, I get up, I take my life saving meds and then usually wait about an hour.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean keep asking me things.
Speaker 3: And so he was butt naked with an apron on cooking me breakfast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sweet, I got a share.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, we're at Brent's and Ronnie, who is the owner of brent Sure we've known for a million years, comes over to the table. It goes there's someone here that wants to say hello to you, And I said, okay. It was the midwife that was on the floor at Kaiser when my girls were born. They had Yeah, Kaiser offers midwife for we uh, and there's one there and you have your choice. Of course, we had real doctors because I just don't get this midwife business. But she was there and she remembers the girls, and she and her husband are huge fans and my girl, it really was and it was really the girls when I go, this is one of the first people that ever saw you. I mean, she was and remembered it, and the girls went crazy. And then I turned to the girls and I said, you're not going to remember this.
Speaker 1: Uh. And this is a story. This is absolutely a true story.
Speaker 2: So Marjorie was on a gurney uh in the the O R area yeah uh and the delivery room, and there was another woman who was on uh gurney waiting for the delivery rooms to open up because it was very crowded that day, so they just keep people. And it was a scheduled C section, so that was easy. So it was not any big deal for both these women. And it turns out that the husband of the other woman was an FM disc jockey from some obscure FM station and they took her his wife into the delivery room first, and I started screaming, does anybody pay attention to ratings around here?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like they should, like any good hospital would. And she said she remembered that. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So you've had three wives and one midwife.
Speaker 1: Good for you. Yeah, that's a lot of wife right, one on the left, one on the right, and one in the middle. This is my midwife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, uh like going on today? Oh man, what a weekend it has been, right, Yeah, she enjoyed the parade. The only thing that was missing was the goose steppings soldiers.
Speaker 3: I was on the air, we kind of shifted the fork report to news for the most part because there was a lot going on, so I saw it. I could watch it, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of fun. And then watching what was happening with the Israel.
Speaker 2: So today I'm going to be doing stuff obviously on Iran and Israel. What's happening with the arrests, And I've got some stories for her to share with the deportations and how things are changing. And then at eight twenty two hundred and one ways to say the F bomb, two hundred ways to say it that's it. Well, yeah, that they have two hundred and one.
Speaker 1: There are we going to try and top that? All right, guys, you ready to do it?
Speaker 2: It is time for Handle on the news on this Monday morning with Amy Neil and me late Storry. I no surprise, they caught ants Luther Bolter, who I was arrested. Massive manhunt that lasted over twenty four hours. He was the one that this crazy guy shot up those Minnesota lawmakers, killed the former speaker the state House and her husband, and then Shi a few minutes later shot another legislator and his wife, but they survived. And I was he had escaped. There was I thought he was going to off himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it.
Speaker 2: He had escaped, and so now he got away, And of course everybody goes to interview you know, CNN and Fox are interviewing all kinds of life. Law enforcement people goes, oh, yeah, you'll get caught. I mean, there's just no way, because what does he do? You know, it's he's going to use a credit card at some point he is. They immediately fan out. They knew who he was, so you know, everybody he's ever met, ever known. So anyway, they caught him.
Speaker 4: They spotted him.
Speaker 5: Apparently a camera spotted him on a trail, so that's where they kind of pinpointed where he was, and then they actually caught him crawling through a field.
Speaker 2: Did anybody get the fifty thousand dollars reward? I do not know if it's law enforcement. I don't think the reward is given. No, that's a job, right, Yeah, Yeah, I don't think the reward.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Trading attacks.
Speaker 5: Iranian missiles have hit Israeli cities in Tel Aviv and Haifa overnight.
Speaker 4: At least five people were killed.
Speaker 5: They're saying that Iranian missiles hit a residential building, charred concrete walls, blew out windows, and damaged several apartments. Arounding in state TVs as the country fired at least one hundred missiles at Israel, signaling that it had no intention of yielding to international calls for de escalation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm going to talk more about that at seven twenty. And one of the issues is the bunker buster bombs, huge bomb that can actually go into the ground, uh deep enough to destroy those centerfuge centers, and why it's It may happen, but it will be at the last last stages of this conflict that I'll explain.
Speaker 3: Cause the next one is in a is deep below the ground. The other in Iran the nuclear Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the centrifuges, yeah, which you mean, which absolutely necessary to purify the the plutonium two weapons grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're the first location they hit was above ground. Yeah, yeah, those are Yeah. Then we don't know how much.
Speaker 2: Uh, the there's their facilities were degraded. Is rarely say a lot. They're saying not not very much. So I'll talk more about that. I'll do a little bit of analysis there.
Speaker 3: All Right, more coming out of the Israeli and Iran. Well, it's a conflict.
Speaker 2: It's not a war yet, right, it's yeah, it's you can call a war, Okay, Well I would argue it's a war.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So President Donald Trump apparently rejected a plan presented to him by Israel to kill I Ran Supreme leader tool Ali Kamani, And so he was briefed on the plan apparently and made it clear to Israeli officials that Trump's opposed to making this particular move. Isn't that illegal in wartime to assassinate someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to assassinate leaders? Yeah, of course you can't do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, then why would.
Speaker 3: Why would they be presenting it to anyone?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: It's also it's also illegal to target civilian targets. It's also illegal what Israel is doing withholding aid. Uh.
Speaker 1: Okay, but why assassinate?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't think that. I don't think that's legal. So why would you present it to anyone?
Speaker 2: Because you have to give the okay because on this one, and Trump was right on this one, Trump said no because the killing of the Ayatola would put it on a whole different level. I mean it would go you would have Iran and you would have suicide.
Speaker 1: Uh you know, I mean to the point.
Speaker 2: Where you people would march to be suicide bombers and destroy everything they could because they're crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I would just think that you see, we didn't mean know that. No, no, no, he would be targeted, You would be targeted. Yeah. I have to find out if that is legal.
Speaker 2: Hold on a minute, hey, sirih right, is it against international law to assassinate a political figure?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Cornell attempting to kill as a president? Find out what that is? US code?
Speaker 3: Dylan Surrey Mornings on K five.
Speaker 1: Yeahs illegal? Okay, moving on.
Speaker 5: Uh, there were no Kings, but there were a bunch of arrests. LA Mayor Bath says she is hopeful that despite some trouble on Saturday getting crowds to disperse, the day of No Kings will be remembered as a peaceful one. She says, sometimes people who aren't even part of the main protest hang around, and that's where you have trouble. They did have somebody started throwing rocks at officers later in the afternoon, a few did.
Speaker 4: Thirty eight arrests.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they should those people. I think, you know, they use rubber bullets for those people. I think anybody picks up a piece of concrete and throws it at a cop should be shot right there, Just shoot them.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will tell you that I was on at two, started at too with the fork port and said this will be peaceful till four and sure enough as about four five when it went down, called it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Los Angeles Police Department, on that note says that more than five hundred arrests have been made in connection with all the protest activity over the course of about eight days or so. So they release the LAPD information. They confirmed that since June eight, the total of five hundred and sixty one arrests were made related to protests. And like, you know, like they bess, I agree with her. The protests seemed quite peaceful. Yeah, it looked wonderful until the agitators come.
Speaker 1: That looks separate. Now.
Speaker 2: The other thing is and how is it that the army and the National Guard came out because it was declared this was an open rebellion against the United States, straight out open rebellion. I don't think so. I thought it was a protest more than anything else. So that's what's going up in the courts. By the way, you know that the presidential decree have opened a bit whether the president overstepped his authority, which is going to be huge issue over the next three and a half years.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine what things will look like if they pull those troops up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cops did. We did.
Speaker 3: Fine, The cops called for backup.
Speaker 1: On Saturday from the National Guard. Who are they calling backup from? But then the.
Speaker 2: Governor, if the cops are calling for backup, do you and I didn't know exactly what happened. If the cops called for backup, then you would think the governor based on what the cops have requested. Would then request for the federalization of the National Guard. You'd think, yeah, one would. Okay, So I didn't pay as much of attention as I should have on this.
Speaker 3: You're what's in the parade? I was mes mora.
Speaker 2: I was actually, yeah, I was enjoying Father's Day, okay.
Speaker 5: Just like Frank Sinatra, Neza did it her way. She's a singer of social media personality. She did the national anthem at Dodger Stadium on Saturday night. I was there and I went, what the heck is that? That doesn't sound like the national anthem?
Speaker 1: Was she booed?
Speaker 5: Nope, no, she but she's sang it in span She her name is Vanessa Hernandez. She posted on TikTok that showing on Dodger employee saying we're doing it in English and she decided to do it in Spanish anyway.
Speaker 1: That ice handcuffer and drag her off. Do they have to pay her? I don't think those people are paid. I think they'vol. I think they'von.
Speaker 5: I think that you get exposure for it. I think it was personally. I think it was disrespectful because the Dodgers asked her to.
Speaker 1: Say, I don't disagree. I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a it was a protest of her own right. But I will say this, do you know there is actually uh and I'm trying to think which president that had the national anthem translated into Spanish to be the author? There is an official Spanish national anthem of the United States, part of the Good Neighbor Plan.
Speaker 1: Who was that? I did? I did? I do not know? That's that Roosevelt? Thank you? That is a factoid that I should know. Yeah, a lot of people don't know that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we have an official Spanish version of the national anthem.
Speaker 1: All right, we are going to take a break. God.
Speaker 2: A couple of things I don't know, very depressing a couple. Yeah, just today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so President Donald Trump and other heads of state are going to gather in Canada. See what they did there, Yeah, for the annual G seven summit. And this is, you know, days after Israel's unprecedented strike on Iran. There's a lot going on, and something.
Speaker 2: Like that would keep the focus, right, you would think so, But right now they're saying, you know what, it's likely going to focus on trade because that's super.
Speaker 1: Important right now to world trade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's going to be a rocky meeting because it's in the Canadian Rockies.
Speaker 5: Okay, moving on, Russians are droning on and it's deadly. Russia is ramped up its airborne attacks against Ukraine, launching as many as four hundred and seventy nine drones and missiles in a single night. The assaults aren't just bigger and more frequent, they're also more concentrated and being done in a way that makes them harder to fight back against because they're flown at higher altitudes and out of reach of machine guns. Seven of Moscow's largest drone attacks in it's war with Ukraine have happened in just the past four weeks, and more may be coming because they're churning out these drones by the hundreds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is tough.
Speaker 2: They have North Korean arms. North Korea is shipping their munitions like crazy, and Ukraine is if you look at it right now, Ukraine's in a lot of trouble. And even the United States pull twenty thousand drones from a shipment that was going to go to Ukraine and move it over to the Middle East and put it anti anti drone, missiles anti drone.
Speaker 1: Whatever they do. You try to specifically what mechanism they use antidron. I guess it's missiles, Yeah, something along those lines.
Speaker 2: Anyway, twenty thousand of those were pulled because they went to the Middle East, and Solensky is stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.
Speaker 1: It's not good news for them at all.
Speaker 3: Ohi and the other forty eight states in the contiguous United States already have heat advisories, but Alaska didn't until now. So it's the last of it's last date in our union to take these heat advisories on. They had something that was sort of similar ish, but now they officially have these heat advisories for the first time in recorded history in Alaska.
Speaker 2: In Alaska, you can get into the nineties in the summer in Alaska. It can get hot in Alaska. And the mosquitoes are as big as your hand. I mean, that's a lot of fun when they're flying around.
Speaker 3: When you have other bugs with little lighted but tons waving them and you're landing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want a small dog taking on your trip. Don't pick it right up. We worry about coyotes. They're worrying about mosquitoes.
Speaker 5: The all clear finally comes six months after the Palisades Fire tour through more than twenty three thousand acres of land and destroyed thousands of homes and businesses. LA Fire has announced that all evacuation orders have officially been lifted. There was just a couple of zones that were still under evacuation orders and people have been slowly repopulating them, but a few of them were in place until now because of toxic, hazardous conditions in the area.
Speaker 3: Imagine sitting in bar Salona, Barcelona, Barthalona, and you're sitting at a cafe or something, and all of a sudden you feel a little wet and you look and locals are shooting.
Speaker 1: You with water pistols.
Speaker 3: So protesters are using water pistols against unsuspecting tourists and Barcelona and what is the island Maloca, Majorca and Majorca, and they're shooting them with water guns just to annoy them because they're tired of housing costs and changing because.
Speaker 2: Tourism has exploded. I mean it's gotten to the point now where it's crazy. I mean, you can't go in the summer to any of the major cities anymore because there are so many many people that are going, I mean just can't do it.
Speaker 3: So Majorca and Barcelona are probably the two biggest, right.
Speaker 2: I now well know the number one is Paris, friend, and I'm talking about in Espanya.
Speaker 1: No, Madrid is huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Madrid would be first, and then after that would be Barcelona. Barcelona's gorgeous. I've not been yet to Spain. It's really strangely enough. Yeah, it's it's very Goudy, at least design wise.
Speaker 1: No, it's the architect Goudy.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean. Design wise, it's an amazing, an amazing architect. You'll see the big cathedral, the if I me to Sagada or Familias, just to look this up, man, you will look up Barcelona GOUDYGOUDI I think, and look at Familia.
Speaker 1: Saga that's the big good stunning, it is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable, colorful and stunning.
Speaker 1: Yep. All right.
Speaker 2: Also, before we finish up by handle on the news, want to invite you if you would join me ilbmcing, which I have done for years now. The lawyers phil Harmonic La Lawyers phil Harmonic. These are lawyers and judges and paralegals, people in the lawyer profession who are basically world class musicians who they throw this concert every year. It's a benefit. And these are people that actually wanted to make a living instead of going into music, although they were that good. And it's the Walt Disney Concert Hall. Carmina Burana is what we're going to be or they're going to be playing and picture at an exhibition which everybody has heard of, and selections from a little musical called Phantom of the Opera. So it's gonna be a lot of fun if you want to join. Twenty dollars two one hundred and twenty five bucks tickets or fifty percent of tax deductible. And I'm in a tuxedo and I make an ass out of my cellar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I do it. Yeah, I do that. I go crazy. Anyway, Go to LA lawyersfil dot org.
Speaker 2: Gets LA Lawyers phil as in Philharmonic, La Lawyers fill dot org and hopefully I'll see you there on June twenty eighth, eight o'clock at the Walt Disney Concert Hall.
Speaker 1: All right, back we go.
Speaker 2: We finished handle on the news on this Monday with Amy and Neil.
Speaker 4: And Me walking it back a bit.
Speaker 5: The Trump administration has directed immigration officers to pause arrest at farms, restaurants, and hotels after President Trump showed some alarm about the impact of the aggressive aggressive enforcement. Stephen Miller, who's the White House dip the chief of Staff, did say though, that ICE officers would target at least three thousand arrests a day, up from about six fifty during the first few months of Trump's second term.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not him showing alarm.
Speaker 2: It was the owners of agra business, the big corporations, the hospitality, the restaurants, the manufacturers.
Speaker 3: These aren't the criminals. No, these are civil issues with them. The criminals are.
Speaker 2: But they were being picked up the pet and these business people were telling the President, you're going to put us out of business.
Speaker 1: It's that simple.
Speaker 2: And he walked it back, and now he says, wow, we have to protect these people.
Speaker 1: He cave on this one cave he should. Of course he should so, And that's one of the problems.
Speaker 2: Yes on Tuesday, No on Thursday, and then back to yes on Friday.
Speaker 1: I'm just glad he's listening. Yeah we'll take you. Yeah, I'll take it. Oh, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: President Donald Trump maybe you heard of him. His administration is considering significantly expanding that travel restriction group that we heard. It was first twelve countries. Now they're weighing adding thirty six countries to the travel ban. So this may grow. I think it'll probably do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And it's not that that one's not simple because the premise is that these countries don't meet the benchmark and requirements of security of their citizens coming into the country and don't do enough background checks, and they just do a horrible.
Speaker 2: Job, and these people are at risk. And they look at the statistics saying there are more criminals coming in from those countries. And if you look at the statistics, according to the White House, this makes sense. I'd like to look at it and see if it does. Because if those figures are true, then yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's my turn, I flip the page. A good dog or not.
Speaker 5: Two well preserved ice age puppies found in northern Siberia may not be dogs. After all, they were discovered after being preserved in ice for thousands of years, still covered in fur. The Tumut puppies, as they were known, did have hints of a last meal in their bellies, including meat from a wooly rhinoceros and feathers from a small bird called a wagtail. They were at first thought that they were domesticated dogs or tamed wolves living in or near humans. But they've done some genetical analysis and showed that they think now that they were two month old wolf pups that did not interact with people.
Speaker 4: Wild dogs.
Speaker 2: Yep, and dogs were domesticated what how many hundreds of thousands of years ago?
Speaker 1: They figure?
Speaker 2: And was I just read that dogs have evolved where genetically now they are where through their DNA to love people, want to be around people, totally domesticated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's studies that they just went through another level of evolution apparently, or you're in the middle of it, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they love us even more.
Speaker 3: No, not you because you own cats, yeah, but normal people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love my dogs.
Speaker 3: Lastly, unfortunately, six injured after a car plows into a crowd leaving Sofi Stadium. This was the Gold Cup going on, the soccer tournament between Mexico and the Dominican Republic, and officials are investigating the crash currently.
Speaker 2: And you were there, Ryan, did you know about this happening because you were already inside down. How was it, by the way, was it sold out? There was sixty thousand people.
Speaker 1: Were they unruly?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: It was great. Oh okay, yeah, everything was fine, all right, good time, excellent? All right, that's it. We're done, guys with the news went through fifteen stories. There we go. This is KFI AM six point forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.