Speaker 1: Well, Tuesday night dinner, how about a little pizza. How about Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano. There's only one location of Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in all of df W, in all over the world, and it's located in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway. But it's so good that readers of the Dallas Morning News have voted it best pizzeria in all of d f W. They've mastered five different types Dallas styles, Chicago Style, Detroit Style, Tavern style, and New York style and.
Speaker 2: Skin Did I see that you went by there this weekend?
Speaker 3: I went by there for my President's Day dinner. We met Gator and Pape out there, and I'm not joking. They have the coldest roller town light in the universe. Let's go so good and by the way, like you know, we talk about the pizza. I got a special pasta dish. Oh nice, I've done that before too. Yeah, what you throw down on?
Speaker 2: I don't remember, but I did. It doesn't sound to you remember.
Speaker 4: Pivoted to pasta is good, probably some type of like a lasagna or like a bowlin a type thing.
Speaker 3: Now they did like a b f rag goo for me. M My god, he's so good. Gator got lazagna soup. It's bad ass. Man just can't recommend it enough. Go there tonight Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen, and you can bet your sweet ass that we took some home with us because there is always the biggest portions and it's reheats, so damn well. Right there at Preston and Plano Parkway, it's Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 2: All right, very nice.
Speaker 1: Now, we don't really have an intro for this because we're gonna take it home at the five o'clock hour with an SNL recap. Right, We're just gonna because it was a spectacular weekend, Katie, catch us up on where we are so far, and then what we've got togever.
Speaker 4: We talked about the concert a little bit, over the return of Nirvana with Post Malone as Kurt Cobain and many other things. So Sunday night, they all crowd in, and by all I mean everyone in fact. On the red carpet, John mulaney said something very interesting. He was like, I've been on a lot of red carpets, but this is one where everyone's actually talented, because, like you know, we are in a world where mister Beast is like very popular. Now, good god, a lot of Mister Beast over the weekend and I didn't watch any of like the All Star Game weekend.
Speaker 2: But he was there?
Speaker 5: Was he?
Speaker 3: Because social media will tell you that someone won ten million dollars on the Beast Games?
Speaker 2: Was that him?
Speaker 4: And by the way, he might be more more talented than I'm saying, he probably is.
Speaker 2: What'd you say, Chris, I'm just hoping you didn't ruin that show for me. Oh, I don't know. I guess the last I watched they flipped for ten millions. That's fine. Well, I mean, if they're gonna give him, they're not going to keep the money. Not like anyone would know you were watching be scams cars.
Speaker 4: I'm watching that is actually on brand.
Speaker 2: Weirdly, yeah, on brand.
Speaker 4: So they opened it up with Serena Carpenter and Paul Simon doing Homeward Bound. I didn't love that cold open, like slow song, but he said as he did it on the third episode with George Harrison.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you what was better. Was it Paul McCartney at the end or was it Paul Simon at the beginning.
Speaker 2: Paul McCartney at the end. Was it. I loved it, but I love the hidden meaning behind it. Okay, I didn't. I didn't like either as much.
Speaker 4: You know, I didn't really enjoy a lot of like I thought it was. It was all a little confusing.
Speaker 6: Honestly.
Speaker 4: The weekend and all the S and O content we've got over the last month has been what's made all this work.
Speaker 2: I did not love Sunday Night.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of things about Sunday Night that I did not like or had I just thought were questionable decisions that were made. I also think they had some people who they thought were gonna be there and weren't there.
Speaker 3: I'll just say I enjoyed it very much, in like a this is your life kind of way, right, right, Yeah, which what it is?
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna sit here and tell you I remember the I very much remember seventy Saturday Night Live, and I very much remember sitting on my couch and watching it when I was like.
Speaker 2: Eight years old.
Speaker 3: Now that probably would have been year three or something, but I remember seeing Roseanne, Roseanna and Dana live on my couch and the Czechoslovakian brothers and with Ackroyd and Martin, So you know that's something that on and truly has gone concurrently with my life. Yes, so when they roll these things out, it's like a nostalgia trip for me.
Speaker 1: Sure, same and but it wasn't a great episode. Other than that, the nostalgic factor was there. It was a big deal kind of we were talking to hear the commercial break. Some of the funniest moments were just the impromptu little one liners or things that happen along the way.
Speaker 4: Well, and I watched the fortieth Sunday Morning just to kind of, you know, get my head right.
Speaker 2: That was what Eddie Murphy didn't go to. No, he went, He just didn't. He didn't. He participated in it. Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 4: And he's hosted twice since then, So I guess whatever problems are there, the hatchet's been buried. The fortieth was much more of what you would have expected from the fiftieth, big long montages, sketches, an actual memorial.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that in a minute. So they got there.
Speaker 4: I say, Steve Martin was your monologue host. They didn't really announce a host, and I did think this was good. I'm gonna play a little clip of this with John mulaney coming out at the end.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 5: Born during the first season of Saturday Night Live, could today be easily dead of natural causes.
Speaker 2: And we can't forget.
Speaker 5: The writers who have always been the heart and soul of SNL. In fact, let's please have the great writers from the past fifty years stand up and take.
Speaker 4: A bow, and it cuts to a camera shot of them outside of the street and the cold, all the writers.
Speaker 2: The tribute to the writers. Okay, so here comes John mulleney. Now, go Jo Millenniy. I didn't know you were even gonna be here.
Speaker 6: We writers really appreciated that tribute. But I believe that the heart and soul of this show is the celebrity hosts, many of whom are in this room tonight. You know, as I look around, I see some of the most difficult people.
Speaker 2: I have elements in my entire life.
Speaker 6: Over the course of fifty years, eight hundred and ninety four people have hosted Saturday Night Live, and it amazes me that only two of them have committed murder.
Speaker 4: Okay, that blew me away. I mean, not only was it funny, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, whoa so OJ probably right?
Speaker 4: OHJ is one the other one? Robert Robert Blake? What about Alec Baldwin. Well, this is where I started going. I said, I think it's higher, like and there's stuff we might not know about. Dude, Matthew Broderick, it was manslaughter. Manslaughter is different than murder. It is, Okay, did Caitlin or Bruce Jenner host? Because in that wreck at the intersection the other person died and no one talks about it enough.
Speaker 2: But murder is intentional, you know what.
Speaker 4: No one talks about the whole Bruce Jenner thing really in general enough anymore.
Speaker 3: That's just well, that's kind of a wild story. Do the Kardashian still make new episodes? They do, absolutely, and it's on e TV.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the Kardashians, The Lawrence Welk Show was next, which how do we feel about physical deformities?
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, a lot of questions there.
Speaker 4: Kristen Wigg is her character Eunice with the small hands and the huge forehead. She plays the drum on Kim Kardashian's ass. It's a pretty good bit. Will Ferrell is Robert Goulay, which I was sitting there going, man, the kids are not going to get this one. No, but you know he famously yelled out the N word as Robert Goulay way back in the day. So wait, while doing the thong song. So I have a question for you.
Speaker 3: You thought the kids weren't gonna get Robert Goulay a couple of minutes after they introduced Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's that's fair. That's all fair. By the way.
Speaker 4: I love all that bit. Oh it was too long, but I love it. I love this Every bit was too long. And then they went to Black Jeopardy, which is you know something that they introduced in the last ten years. I think last time Eddie Murphy hosted, or maybe the first of Eddie Murphy hosted, and Eddie Murphy is playing Tracy Morgan, and I thought I had none did he had this move?
Speaker 2: And look at this, Tracy Morgan gonna make some big money. Now wait a minute, Tracy, don't you already have a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Well you gotta have a lot of money if you're gonna look like I live.
Speaker 2: I eat cheese.
Speaker 3: Latagia only got three cheeses.
Speaker 2: I mean it is very good.
Speaker 4: And then I'd like to I think you've been has seen this as good as that was.
Speaker 2: I'm serious, Jay Moores, Tracy Morgan is better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean j Moores, Tracy Morgan is unbelieved me guy from the super Bowl those years hitting crack gas.
Speaker 2: His Tracy Morgan is better.
Speaker 4: But that was like what And to see Eddie Murphy participating though, it was like okay.
Speaker 2: And doing it next to Tracy Morgan.
Speaker 4: Then they go to uh, Emma Stone's up front and she's about to introduce a clip and it is just a good look at physical comedy. It's like a three minute montage, which I was like, okay. At the fortieth it was. Here are some of our favorite sketches over the years. Here are some of our favorite presidential impressions. Like so, I was like, okay, they're just doing a thing on physical comedy. But it did make me think I liked it. They put it early in the show because you were talking about watching.
Speaker 2: It as a kid.
Speaker 4: Dude, I grew up watching it too, right, and it was Farlely Insandler for me physical comedy. I'm glad they did that in like the seven o'clock hour, so kids watching because kids love when people fall down. Yeah, you know, absolutely, So like seeing all that and seeing how far physical comedy has come. Dude, the chevy Chase falls look so bad compared to Molly Shannon throwing herself into the chairs.
Speaker 3: I think the difference is by the time they got to Molly Shannon, they knew how to brace the falls better.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean that's the whole reason chevy Chase was on pills. Was all those things? Is that right?
Speaker 6: Hurt?
Speaker 2: Wow, he was getting hurt.
Speaker 4: He was messed up, dude. Then they go to to me. This is the first really big questionable decision of the night. They bring back a sketch that they've done twice this season but has no other historical context, and it's the Domingo bit.
Speaker 2: Which a lot of people won't know what that is. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I've seen this sketch this year and I was sitting there watching it, going why are they doing this?
Speaker 4: Because it got huge on TikTok and YouTube and blew up?
Speaker 2: So that does that why they didn't the Lawrence Welt bit? Well, no, you know, that's that's his name.
Speaker 4: They're sitting there writing these sketches though they've got everyone they're writing.
Speaker 2: Mulaney was hired as a writer this week. Tina Fey was hired as writer this week.
Speaker 4: But they were going, this one is probably our biggest thing of this year, let's do it, and they do.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 4: Molly's Shannon grinding on Bad Bunny's funny. Yeah, like she was playing the drunk character on Talladega Nights. Yeah, putting her leg on the wall.
Speaker 3: My wife gets genuinely excited anytime Bad Bunny enters the frame.
Speaker 2: Surely she's a big fan. Is that his bit? The Domingo bit? Is it Sunday?
Speaker 4: So the Domingo thing is a guy just too much, too much to explain on Austras.
Speaker 2: It's one of the midcast. It's Martceller Hernandez.
Speaker 4: He's tiny and the ladies love him, and it just got It's a big bit that got big on social media, like after the fact. So basically they're doing to play on Sabrina Carpenter song Espresso.
Speaker 1: It's funny that you said that too, because that's probably the one I've seen on social media the most since it air.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, it's just yeah, it became It probably got big because of the Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 2: Is that what it was?
Speaker 4: Originally, Yeah, just like it was a you know, Ariana Grande was hosting and they were doing bad karaoke.
Speaker 2: It's just a it's a it's it's just weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, audience Q and A a staple and this is the purpose of this is to show look at all the people.
Speaker 1: Who are Yeah, dude, I thought it was the best thing of the night. And anytime you get those two out on stage, they're so smart, so funny, they're just gonna make it awesome.
Speaker 3: Did you guys?
Speaker 2: That was one I've agree with you've been I love it.
Speaker 3: That was but like most of my felt like, man, they could have chopped a minute and a half.
Speaker 4: Easily could have chopped in. And you know they're filling three and a half hours, so maybe they were. They were trying to spread some of these things. I don't know, make it three. So that's where I'm gonna leave you off. Where we will return though. We had another music act that meant something to the history. But also I think the funniest thing of the night involved happened on the weekday update desk, the weekend update desk.
Speaker 2: So we'll do that next