Speaker 1: What's up body, people, and welcome to Countdown to Classic, where it's not my opinion that counts but yours. Hey, everyone, welcome to another Countdown to Classic. It's so lovely to have you all here again, and we're here for our I guess what is now monthly episode because we're running out of news, but today we actually have news to discuss. This Camelot business is huge. We spend the first hour or so of the show going over it. It's really really interesting, you know, self leak season very much so might be upon us and time is running out until please come twenty six. It really is right around the corner. Touch on that towards the end of the podcast, like we forget how freaking close we are to everything being unveiled and the mystery being shown to us. But everyone, please do enjoy this really fun chat with a bunch of the guys and I will talk to you at the end. Thanks. See up. All right, everyone, we are back with another Countdown to Classic. It's been you know, good month, five weeks between drinks since we had Ale on the last show. So as for usual, guys, I'll just reiterate like it's the combination of not a boat load to talk about over the last month until stuff started happening last week, which we will definitely be diving into. But also, I mean, the guild is going so great without me, will dive into that. I have just come off of a one month stint that I had to do as part of my teaching degree where I had to like I did this back in September October. A few listeners remember where I had to go into a school for two weeks and get some observational experience. This time around about you know, six seven, eight months later, they go, Okay, now the next stage of your degree is getting some actual work experience, Like you now have to teach classes. So I just started at a local school about ten minutes down the road from me a month ago and I had to be there for four weeks and teach a class for the first time in my life. And I was shitting bricks sort of. No, I wasn't that scared, but like, it's a bit intimidating getting in front of a class for the first time, and I loved it. It all went really really well. I had a year twelve legal studies class. I had a year nine humanities class, year nine business class and everything went really, really well. So that's why I have been an absolute ghost. I've been an apparition, a myth in the discord for the last month. I've been so flat out with doing all the school stuff on top of the refereeing on the weekends. Like I get I said to you guys on the last episode, like it is just amusing at this point how different my life is over the last two months compared to what it was before. So I'm still dealing with those changes. But mat no regrets about doing the school teaching thing, like I absolutely loved it. If anything, the only fallout from it is this is going to be a real struggle. I think I have to try my best to clean up the podcast a little bit. If I'm now going to be teaching, maybe my swearing has to be dialed down slightly. We shall see. I'm definitely gonna have to refrain from the sea bombs, so Andy, you'll have to police me on those ones, all right, because the bloody kids. Here's what happened first freaking lesson.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Gooday, guys, him your teacher for the next month. My name is mister Corbett. I shit, you not like Forty five seconds later, one of the kids has got his hands up because they've google me straight away and gone like, so you don't happen to host wow, classic podcast? Do you're not going on?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh no, it begins. Luckily they saw like the nine hour episode and they were like, there's no, there's no way I'm listening to that. So they never actually sat down and listened to the show. They just know that I hosted the podcast, and I thought, look, just for the sake of my future career, maybe I will clean up my act a little bit. Do you think I can do it?
Speaker 4: Arcoss, Sorry, I didn't listen to another.
Speaker 1: Perfect No, No, it's the best start, all right, Auntie? What about you? Do you have faith in me? Auntie? Can I clean?
Speaker 5: What are you talking about? You're going to get passionate about something and then you're going to be just dropping the sea bombs all over the place. You know, I suppose it says it's a terrible thing for our younger generation not to have that attention. Stand to listen to only a nine hour.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's going to be awful anyway. I look forward to the day I get fired because it's like you said, the f word on a pod on a live stream. We can't have that anyway. Wishall see, guys, we have so much to talk about now that I've given you the update on my life. We have so many lovely familiar faces here in chat with us. Ready to either go to raid in about an hour and a half with the Guild or just sit around and shoot the shit with us and talk about the news that's come up this week that I alluded to. So we'll just have some really quick hellos. Anti. Mate, You've changed from Rogue to Mage, but you're still the same lovable guy. How are you very well?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 5: How you doing yourself?
Speaker 1: Very good? No regrets on the Mage change or some regrets.
Speaker 5: I regret that I'm playing Arcane right now, but outside of that, it's been a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Very good. We've got Arcos here just for about ten minutes. Arcos is going to talk to us first off about a little bit of Season of Discovery re rolling. Mate, how are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, good man, just a bit tired, just.
Speaker 1: A bit tired from the no sleep till Brooklyn with the five hours to sixty and sod that we'll get to to Blast. He's gonna be our expert our man on the inside the the you know, mister Robot, when it comes to explaining all of this Camelot stuff that's getting unearthed, How are you Maze doing good? Are you really good?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you're here. You are the secret sauce to this episode. We've also got dry l but he's on mute. I'll just say gooday, And then we've got the lifeblood of the guild. Someone asked me and I was like, I don't actually know. They're like, is Green the new GM And I was like, I think so Green, can you confirm or deny? Yeah, I'm running the show. Well, yeah, somebody had to keep the lights on. That's it. Somebody did. Like we've made all the jokes that are not really jokes, they're unfortunately true that Daddy went for cigarettes and never came back. And you know, I've told I've explained to you guys why not that that lets me off the hook. But Green has just picked up the ball and ran with it. And you know, him and the leadership Group have just turned this guild into a fucking behemoth of a guild, like a really strong motoring guild that is getting stuff done, and we're going to get into that eventually, So thank you so much for your blood, sweat and tears. Green. We've also got Malachi's here.
Speaker 6: How are you mate, Yeah, it's Gecko Mayhem, but yeah, Malachi's my obviously my character.
Speaker 1: Well you ever know, I was like trying to respect the new change of names. So what do we go by?
Speaker 6: Ah, you can call me. I'm used to the boys call him a Malachai. But yeah, Green's doing such a good job and the rest of the leadership team, the Guild is really doing well. We've got to rate today and yeah, these guys are just pulling things together.
Speaker 1: So well, yeah, I'm not just blowing smoke up there. Ares like to say they're doing well as an understatement. We'll talk about the Guild and people listening at home who aren't in the Guild will be like, holy shit, like the Countdown crew actually got it shipped together. That's amazing. Anyway, sci Fi as well, who I still? I listened back to his last appearance on the podcast, and he provided a lot of chuckles. We love him like a son. How are you mate, I'm good, mate, I'm good.
Speaker 7: I've also, just like yourself gone out for a pack of smokes.
Speaker 1: Yep, but have you disappeared since the last podcast recording?
Speaker 7: No, I have to leave the guild.
Speaker 1: That's right. No, I remember that. That was fine though you needed to raid at proper times.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know. It's a bit sad though.
Speaker 1: No, all good os so sci Fi sent out. Yeah, he sent out the very tearful which we've we've had a couple of not for a while, but he sent out the tearful farewell, saying guys, look, I wish I could make this work, but I am in Oceania and I've got to get times that work for me at Oceania nighttime. And all the guys just did you feel the love? Mate? As everyone said, no, sweat mate, You're welcome back here anytime. We fucking love you. Let's move in together.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, absolutely absolutely love it.
Speaker 1: I love it. And speaking of people who went for cigarettes, so our last cab off the rank is DC Green. How are you mates?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: What up? We're good? Are you a bit under the weather? No, I'm good. You're good.
Speaker 8: You're doing an episode on my favorite topic to you know, Nisse, So I.
Speaker 1: Thought, oh, there you go. You've either changed microphone or you sound like the most hungover man alive. But that's okay.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I have a different microphone now, so if it sounds bad, let me know and I'll try and fix it.
Speaker 1: No, you're speaking with great clarity, but you're a little bit softer. But that's okay. I've turned you up. You're all good, All right, guys, Look, let's get into it. Like I said, Arcos has to go first, then to Blaster has to go. So all of you guys in the crowd, you are more than invited to comment on what these guys are about to say. In fact, I'll need you to to spice up the conversation. But we'll get through their topics first, so that Arcos can go to bed and the Blaster can go to raid. Arcos, your time is nigh, Arcos overnight. Look, there has been word, guys of a little bit of a season of Discovery, you know, reroll, a refresh whatever, kicking off on the servers again. Some people are getting involved. I'm sure it's gone rather you know well. Arcos posted his involvement and sent the screenshot through to the countdown classic discord of his epic journey from one to sixty in five hours, and then he copped a lot of slings and arrows from the old Countdown crew who were like, how dare you, sir Arcos? What's happening over there in sod Land?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of funny, right because most most of the people that I was playing with and said, I've not spoken to or played with for months, like only a handful of I played within on the Chinese servers.
Speaker 7: And then.
Speaker 4: Someone someone posts a screenshot of the of the video title from a streamer called Jokert on a video he posted on YouTube where he something in the title was like a sawt fake fresh and our killed name and insult was fake fresh. So he made the joke that like, wait, did you guys get back together without telling me? And suddenly the discer just blew up, and you know, within two days, the three of us who who were officers in not killed. We had had the plan to do something you know, silly or or a little bit deranged, and now we are, you know, six days later and two we've been playing for fifteen hours straight and everyone's level sixty. Everyone is mostly previous geared, and we're intending to finish the raids as as soon as possible.
Speaker 1: So it started out as a bit of a joke and it turned into an actual thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah it will.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of the guys, my fellow officer, we play together in China, he joked that we should attempt to join one of the streamer guilt. This this this fake fresh sort event this quote unquote hosted by Alan g D, Jogrity, Sun Glitters, Gusu and.
Speaker 1: Savags.
Speaker 4: Those are the kind of streamers who are like bringing their audience into a into a fake fresh like they all have their own guilt with with a couple of different rule sets, and this this weird idea was that we would join one of their guilt and we would we would create a mice very well well well efficient rated team within it and then deny the streamers access to it, right like we would have an interview with them and tell them.
Speaker 1: That see see if you would allow them to play on see if you would allow them to play on your server?
Speaker 3: Yeah right, but.
Speaker 4: No, then just enough people from from in from our like sold days where we're interested to do something and LMGD had made it known that he wanted to to go and clear the rates as fast as possible, so we decided you know, we'll we'll take part in that challenge and make sure that LMGD is in second place for the fifth time in a row whenever he tries to compete for something. And so far we are we've been quite successful.
Speaker 1: Oh, very good. So have you found that, like, you know, I feel like people have tried to kick SOD off again multiple times over the last twelve months, you know, six months. Do you feel like this one is at least garnering some form of solid interest? Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Like when I joined the event specific discord at the streamers set up, there were about twelve or thirteen hundred members and it has gained like, on average, like five to six hundred new members every day since. So last night before I went to bed, it was like seven five hundred And that's in like less than a less than a week.
Speaker 1: Now, Sorry, you might have already said, was this happening on NA or EU servers? This is only you EU? Okay, there you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there was a screen. There's like a lot of people from NA, Like every fifth message is how do I play from NAH? The people are posting videos of like how to create the EU accounts, et cetera.
Speaker 1: So back to you. My favorite part is always you getting shit. Is was the point to get to the level sixty raid or was the point of the reroll to like get through the level upright? So I couldn't tell.
Speaker 4: That varies between streamer guilt, right, Gouzu's guilt is doing I think six No, I think they're doing twelve day level bands. So they go to level twenty five, they speak to an NPC to drop their like xpea.
Speaker 1: Game, and that's that's something that they open it up again. Well pleased, hot fixed, So the other day didn't need to allow this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there were some people who were tweeting attagrint or something and they put this n PC in. It's just the same one that we've had for like twinks and stuff in the past, same functionality. So I think the sun Glitter Killed is doing something similar or like killed self found or like one of these rules sets from from hardcore. You know, I have no idea what Savix Guild is doing or or the others, most likely jogur Tea and don't. They don't really have any rules. The only rule that like everyone has is that to be a part of the event, you had to have an affix or suffix to your name on the character. So and you no one knew what those would be until like a few minutes before the event began, so you couldn't create a character beforehand, and like.
Speaker 9: Or pigs.
Speaker 1: All right, this is organized, Yeah, very organized.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's definitely definitely nice to organize that. Like, yeah, one minute to the event starts, there was like just a post in the announcement channel like this is the suffix that you should pick if you're in like to be in this group or community, et cetera. So yeah, and then everyone creates characters without the suffix and looks in and the ghost.
Speaker 1: Right, So which streamer did you send feet Pigs to first? Was it Goozu? Was it Sabax?
Speaker 4: I've never heard of Alex. I know, of course from the dueling tournaments back in the day. I'm not really a follower. I played with Jogurt and MGT in TBC for a while, but we were not involved with with any of any of them. We have our own guild and we're just doing our own thing, and but we were adhering to these rules of like the event starts at the twelve and that's.
Speaker 1: It, all right, very good. Well, best of luck with that. Did you do you have anything you want to say? Get off your final shots before you go to bed about all the countdown is getting on your case for power leveling.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: It really felt like, you know, those Reddit posts were where the the you know, battered casules are crying about try hard telling them how to play the game, or that they're bad at the game and they're getting gate capt right, but it was in the reverse right, That's how it's to me. But that's that's all good.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I said, if you're if your guild got together and you're like boys, literally the only reason where entertaining your thought of coming back to SOD is to do those level sixty raids again, then I get it. I understand. But if there was like a server wide universal memorandum of understanding, which is the hot term these days, that you know, fucking everyone would enjoy the level upraids together and do the thing, then I do understand the backlash to you and your guild going as screw that, you know, we're gonna fucking zip to sixty and own this server. But that's not what happened, So I understand.
Speaker 4: Course, no, no, of course, I'm like, our interest is just to see if we can clear all the raids like within two days. So for the event beginning right.
Speaker 1: Right, So it's almost like a progression speed run as opposed to a raids run.
Speaker 4: Yeah kind of. It's like just a race from level one to the final boss and.
Speaker 1: Sorry one to be is that's the race?
Speaker 4: Well, we're not chasing a full piece gears that will will do every rate, probably no more than once and then we're done.
Speaker 1: Right, fair enough? Is there anything else you want to say before I changed the topic?
Speaker 4: Just that the the participation in the event is like pretty insane, right, Like someone was running a spy ad on like that, what's it called, like a Sancho sadon and he was peaking at like five eight hundred people logging in through the event on a server that had like less than one hundred active ward players that shut up to almost six k and when the event was peaking.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: So if if anyone is hitching for salt, like you can check out the wild growth hord on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, send feet pigs to arcos and apply to fake fresh. Yeah, beautifultly, guys, we're gonna sorry.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say good night.
Speaker 1: Good night mate, I hope you sleep well, sweet dreams.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 7: How good?
Speaker 1: How a good chat with thank you? I love you?
Speaker 4: Let cream did let disagreem talk a lot because it's been a while since we heard his words?
Speaker 1: All right, you can you can talk?
Speaker 8: You debating me into the Chinese servers and ghosting me?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah you did? When did you stop playing? When you stop playing Titan forged?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: About three seconds after she loved it?
Speaker 4: No, I stopped actively in February. I got quite busy irl, so I focused on that. But I helped helped the guild out as much as I could, and the Guilt got the fastest as a sea speed row and did when the nax Ramos progression Whenxramas launched. But then after nax Raamas there was like an issue just with a player availability, so the project and died there.
Speaker 1: Not not that it matters, but if I can just get you on the record before you go to sleep. What do you think is getting announced at bliz Coon. Do you think it's Classic plus Wrath anniversary or both?
Speaker 2: Both?
Speaker 1: Okay, very good?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah I think both.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, I'm just going to say good ey to some guys who are good night mate, love you some old friendly faces that I love chatting to, and I'm so happy they here beef noodles. How are you mates?
Speaker 7: Good, Josh, nice to see you.
Speaker 1: It's I know I've I've dared to show my face. It's been too long. It's been way too long. Dared to show my face in the discord again. And we've also got stand dash mate. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? How are you doing good?
Speaker 1: Brother? You're a part of that leadership crew which is doing so well with the guild. And another face I haven't seen for a while. You might want to stay on mute, and that's fine, Campsy brother, always love you. I think he's out and about. Are you down at Woollies?
Speaker 7: No, it's on the phone.
Speaker 1: In and about the house doing some chores. All good, all good, chaws chaws, he says, euphemistically.
Speaker 3: All right, yeah, I was doing some gardening.
Speaker 1: That's some self gardening. All right, guys, let's get into it. I now want to turn to out our man, our smart man, who's been just doing the greatest job in the Countdown Discord of really breaking down the back end as best he can with the info that we've got on the news that's happened this week. So we've got to blaster here, and everyone's going to creep a little bit closer on their chairs now because this is the part of the conversation they really want to hear about. As exciting as chatting to Arcos is, we all want to hear about what might be coming next. Now, guys, please correct me if I get this summary incorrect in any way, but to put it crudely, in the last week, the classic Well subreddit has been popping off. You know, Twitter has been I don't use Twitter anymore, I deleted it like a year and a half ago, but I've seen screenshots of conversations on Twitter going off surrounding this, you know, discovery of a what is you know, Obviously, in my mind, I'm sure you guys agree a code name for a Blizzard project, and that code name has been outed as Camelot. So now the question on everyone's lips is what is Camelot? What is Camelot? And the simple answer may simply be, oh, you know, that's obviously classic plus, but you know, not necessarily one hundred percent. So so we'll have that conversation about it. But what's been really helpful and interesting for me to see has been to Blaster's breakdown on exactly how everything is categorized and parked and the stuff that they can data mine, Like there's no gain details that can be extracted at this point, but a lot of interesting stuff that you know, maybe some people don't find interesting because it doesn't glean that much light on the project, but it gives us a little something. So to Blaster, mate, I'll turn to you and just say, mate, if you can give us a little bit, show you your NERD cred here, if you can unfurl your resume, like, are you you work in it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a software engineer by trade. That's what I do, very good.
Speaker 1: So yeah, now there's a lot of software engineers going, well fucking let's see if yours is bigger than mine. What's your experience? Tell us all about your background.
Speaker 3: So I work mostly with data modeling, reporting metrics for complex systems like voipe so phone systems, and predominantly I was in the front end, but these days I work more inside like a WS with like ETL pipelines, just yeah, passing information from one place to another. Make sure it lands, make sure it transforms properly, and you know, figure out what it means.
Speaker 1: Basically perfect. All right, my head is already spinning, but I love it. So tell us this is kind of going to be your story to tell here to Blast, I'm just going to help you along where needed. But tell us where this all started.
Speaker 3: So the first like iteration of this this name Camelot was published on x I think it was on Tuesday or Monday this week by a data miner who was looking at Blizzard's internal product catalog that's available publicly. You can scrape metadata from those and look at it.
Speaker 1: Can iry. I interrupted just at this point, so I'm going to be really rude. I'm so sorry to Blast. This was the intriguing part to me that nobody really talked about. I did see this guy pop up on Twitter. Is he like a known entity in data mining or is he literally just some fucking guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this guy is I don't, like I said, I don't know him. I'm not really in many of those circles. I do a lot of the stuff just for myself for funzies, but they, as far as I know, his credential is basically somebody who is well known in the like world of warcraft data mining Blizzard discord s okay, Okay, so I think he also has connections to Wowhead because Wildhead also has data mining operations that they do like in partnership with Blizzard, and data mining really is just like a back and forth game between you know, the software engineers at Blizzard and people that just want to figure out what's going on. Okay, So there is a little bit of like, you know, data mining is is not really BM it's just expected and it is a good way for them to also intentionally drop hype, which is something we can talk about as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and I will, trust me, we will dive in on that because I made the tongue in cheeked tongue in cheek joke that you know, self leak season has begun. We will dive into that later on. But it started with this account. And that's why I wanted to know that. I'm like, was this some new person, new account that's just randomly popped up and gone, oh, what's this? Because that would have added credence to the like what's to say that's not just you know, a grand or someone just whipping up a new Twitter account and doing that. But it's good to know that, No, this person does have a history. They are a long time you know, Blizzard data minor. They've got some credibility or weight to what they say. So that's a good start, all right, I rudely interrupted you mate, keep going with the start of the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no worries. So that just to clarify real quick, that data is verified as existing, so you know that leak is real. I've verified it, in corporated it myself too, So if you want to go look at it, there are ways you can do it. I won't get into the nitty gritty of how here, but there are ways to do that. Okay. So basically on on Monday or Tuesday, I don't remember which day it was exactly, that was released and came out and it got immediate attention from pretty much everybody into space, so you know, there was a Wowhead article went out. Icy Veins also talked about it a little bit, and that got me wondering, you know what's inside Blizzard zone you know battle dot net clients, Yeah, what's in the box? What's in the box exactly? So a couple of things I also want to just point out there is a one point six zero branch of World of Warcraft that's on what's called Blizzard CDN and that is basically their public facing like we're working on a thing space under a and it's it's classified under a branch called wow dev two, But that basically is it's completely encrypted, so you know, you cannot see like any parts of anything that's on there, Like there's no way to dig out, like, oh, is I don't know, is Warrior going to have this ability? It's not possible.
Speaker 1: But just on that, it's it's the flag that once Blizzard internally starts basically for all intents and purposes, working on a new client update, that appears there is that, right.
Speaker 3: So yeah, if Blizzard's working on something, it doesn't have to be any product they're going to release. It might be some test build, it could be anything. We really don't know, okay, And you can look at the metadata for that on blizz track and all of that information is basically hidden, and all you'll really gap from it is that it says that's this some one point six zero build, which again we've never seen that before. Season of Discovery was one point one five I believe, so one point six zero is much further ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's let's talk about that for two seconds, if that's all right. And again, sorry I'm being so annoying guys, but I've got a million questions because I am the layman in this conversation that grabbed me as well to blast where I'm like, okay, we've got, like, you know, the old one point one two, and you know, even a meathead like me somewhat keeps track of. Oh yeah, Classic comes out in twenty nineteen, and I believe that was the one point one three and as you say, sod came along with one point one five. You know, my eyes, you know, immediately lit up and notice like one point one point one five to one point six. I actually I don't get it now. I'm like, from a software development thing, I'm like, why didn't they just do one point one seven or one point two? I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there really isn't a good explanation or obvious reason that that might be the case. Some people have maybe speculated that it could be a reference to the fact that it is going to be Classic plus caped at level sixty, hence six zero Okay, but we do know the fact we can reasonably determine, I should say that because it's a one dot client, we know it's going to be a vanilla client. You know, TBC is two two dot x dot x and Wrath of the lich King is always going to be three dot x dot x.
Speaker 1: Just just so tell the lame in the significant sorry, tell the layman the significance of that.
Speaker 3: So, what we basically know with it being a like a one dot x build is that it's gonna it's basically gonna have at least vanilla assets. There are some like it's again it's entirely speculation. A lot of this is just what like inference based on what exists. But yeah, the significance is basically one dot one dot x, dot x in this case, you know, one dot six dot zero really is just a confirmed like Blizzard client that exists on that branch.
Speaker 1: So to be sorry, you finish off, then I'll jump in, No, you're good.
Speaker 3: All I was to say, sorry, you go ahead, you go, you go go go go.
Speaker 1: Okay, all I was gonna say is so does that then mean whilst you could you know, you're a developer, you could add whatever to whatever client. I understand that, but is it far more likely than not given that it is a one dot X client up date that that you know, all but certain rules out You're not gonna see any outland, You're not going to see any north rand. This is just going to be the Vanilla world. Even though technically speaking, they could go I'm sure, like, correct me if I'm wrong, they could go off the Vanilla client, but then for whatever god unknown reason manually remake out lands and inserted in I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there really isn't a good answer to that. It's like they could have named it one dot something because it's the new version of whatever this current iteration of game they're building is, or it could be that, yeah, it's it's a signifier that they're going to build it in the Vanilla world. I think, like, I don't really have a like a strong view on that. Either way, it could be one or the other. I would probably say that since it's it's labeled like a one dot X product, it's it's probably just going to be based in Vanilla, and that's kind of how they're they're labeling it. You know, the guy, the same guy that posted the leak about Camelot does suggest that there is a hard connection this branch and the Camelot labels. I haven't personally seen that, so it basically it means whatever whatever data he scraped from these these vendor labels. So for those of us that don't know, the vendor labels showed a registration for licenses, uh for two different products. One of them was a World of Warcraft Camelot Heroic. The other one was a World of Warcraft Camelot Epic. And that suggests like two different versions of the game at launch in the Blizzard store, which may indicate a box price, right, So that that's one thing that we might see. And up until what I discovered this like yesterday, basically there was no actual conclusive proof that it wasn't just some retail mount pack or something like that, right, no real way to tell, but other than the speculation or the statements that these people have said, like oh yeah, this is definitely what they're working on on this one point six branch.
Speaker 1: As you say there, though, I think it is important to note like, yeah, we don't know. It could also just refer to like the standard extra amount packs that we've seen through like anniversary servers or whatnot, and like that doesn't set in concrete that there will be a box price.
Speaker 3: Correct correct, Okay, on that.
Speaker 1: Note, if I can just go tangentially away with the crowd now and sorry to blaster, I shit you not. I am on the bloody edge of my seat. You are doing such a phenomenal job, the guys are. The room is deathly quiet because everyone is listening so intently to every word you're saying. You're doing such a great job, guys, if I can just throw it out to the crowd and say, on that interesting note when you hear the blast to say, okay, we've now gotten to the point where it's been data mined these you know Camelot heroic, Camelot epic that signifies the potential for a box price. Or maybe it's just mount packages. I have said for some years that I've been shocked that no box price has been attached to any form of Classic product. You know, if I say it a hundred times, I'm shooting for that one time that I'm going to be correct. I'm still sticking with my guess that has been proven to be wrong over and over again, that this time Classic Plus will have a box price. I don't, and people get upset and go shut up, Josha, you're willing it into existence. I don't hope there's a fucking box price, but I just again would guess there is. When you guys hear about this, do you, as consumers presume, oh, that'll just be data mining for mount packages or do you think maybe it will be the box price this time? First in best dressed guys going out, someone be brave?
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 9: I fully expect there to be a box price if this is going to be a project that they're going to commit long term time into, either that or some sort of.
Speaker 2: Battle pass yep.
Speaker 1: If this goes beyond.
Speaker 9: Something to find it further to be ongoing development with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's sort of like we've alluded to in the past. If this is truly something beyond the scope of seasonal work, then that would justify maybe them throwing a box price on it. Is that what you mean? Stand exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, anyone else on this one?
Speaker 7: It's wow too.
Speaker 6: What if it's like, yeah, it's a box price, so.
Speaker 2: You know watch that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know how guild War's went to guild Wars too. Now Guild War's three is coming out next year. Yeah, well, what's to say that Wow is never going to go to a wow to People have always talked about Classic Class, or at least for the last ten years, they've talked about Classic Class. But if it's actually a reinvention of World Warcraft, possibly not even an Ezrath. If it's a Wow, toe be insane, But there would definitely be a box price to that because it's a new game.
Speaker 1: I want to come back to de Blaster on that because there's two points I want to quickly dive into there that you've raised Gecko to Blaster. Sorry I heard you quickly say under your breath there there might be something that supports that. What were you talking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so anyone can do this right now, but if you have Anniversary or Classic installed on your launcher, inside the executable binaries for the game, you can. The easiest way to do this is just to have an LM like chat GPT read it. But uh, you can look at that and inside those inside the Classic product, there is currently a flag for what is called mainline Camelot. Now what's significant about this is this I haven't heard anybody talking about this yet, so I don't know if this is mainstream or if it's just just me or what.
Speaker 1: This is claimate, claimate, it's all you.
Speaker 3: But so inside inside the the executable, these environment flags basically tell the file how to behave depending on basically what you're trying to run. So there is a giant what's called enroom of flags that exists that are like, you know, is Classic, is Classic TBC, is Classic Wrath, is Classic Kata, And they will tell you like what version of the game is trying to be run? And you know, I don't know exactly what drives those There isn't really a good way to find out just from the binaries. It's really hard to read because it's all like compiled. But basically there is a flag called is Mainline Retail and is Mainline Camelot. Now what's interesting about that is that all of the other like classic products are just called is Classic, TBC, is Classic you know, Kata, is Classic Wrath. Now it's not is Classic Camelot, It is Mainline Camelot, which is the only one named similarly to is Mainline Retail. Now what that suggests, and again I'm not gonna say for sure that anyone really knows the answer to this. It's entirely speculation from here, but what that suggests is the naming convention supports a long standing product that may carry a box price and may not be seasonal with it being referred to as a mainline. It sounds more like it's going to be a first class product that.
Speaker 1: Is the spiciest fucking mate bawl. I love that. That's really interesting, guys. Is anyone else's brain ticking over after hearing that? Oh yeah, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 7: That gets me very excited in a.
Speaker 1: In a mental land of physical way.
Speaker 7: Mostly physical.
Speaker 8: I'm just thinking I haven't thought too much about the logistics of how they were going to execute Classic, but it sounds pretty substantial if they are going to go with like a totally new product with the box price.
Speaker 1: It's it's really interesting. Sorry, sorry you go to blastom.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say it's again, it's I want to really flag to this. This is just speculation, but based on the naming convention, that's what it suggests.
Speaker 1: Huh. I'm just okay. So here's the interesting wrinkle to add in though, because obviously we all know like the near future of retail has been out there, like obviously Midnight just launched and it's the second of a trilogy with I believe it's the last Titan coming out you know, in whatever, a year and a half's time or whatever. Yeah, so it it to me doesn't necessarily shoot something off in my brain where I'm like, oh, they'll pull all the Classic and retail people in together and after the last Titan they go with Camelot. Like, that's not where my brain is going. But that mainline tag, as you said to Blastar, is like, is this the signifier that we're not digging around anymore? We're not doing the the fresh after fresh and the reroll after reroll. We are setting a concrete point in time for a real years on new Classic franchise to begin. I think, I mean, this is a lot of speculation based off of one little word in a in a file, but I mean, screw it. I don't think it's cope. I think it's like worthy speculation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I means, go ahead.
Speaker 7: I was just gonna ask how was SOD classified in those files.
Speaker 3: SOD was just classified under the wild Classic header, so you you don't see anything that isn't like a mainline expansion and I do have SOD installed just to clarify, so it would have shown up if there was one. So what you know, what's in there is basically checks for like all the major patches that Classic is covered so far, all the way up to MOP and then mainline retail and it's like, okay, so we have that and then we right next to it mainline Camelot. When I saw that, I was like, basically, you know, I don't know if I'm allowed to cuss, but like, what the F was? That was my first response to seeing that. I'm just like, well, it's this literal, like you know, conventional named flag for this inside Blizzards executables that's just visible for you to look at, you know, if you can read it out of the binary. But you know, it really, it really, in my mind at least, lends itself to, you know, an OSRS style reboot of Classic Wow as a mainline you know, flagship product, because they're culling it mainline, you know, And that's really interesting because it's like everything else we already know the expansions for if it was going to be, if that was Wrath Anniversary, I mean, it can't be. We already haven't is Wrath classic Flag. There really is nothing else it could be in my head. So you know, again it is speculation, but it's I mean, if you want a smoking gun the Classic Plus ex I can't see it getting closer than that.
Speaker 1: I can plum mean, I have to laugh when I come back to the fact that we're even still speculating whether or not Classic plus exists, Like there are still so many people out there that say, you know, Classic Plus is bullshit, It's a myth. Look at all these kopa's out there, Like I couldn't fathom being able to sit here in June of this year right now and go I don't think Classic plus is coming, Like I just I don't even have like, you know, civil words to say to that concept at this point. But anyway, when you say all that to Blast, I'm kind of like it lends more credence. And again this might be a vast overstepping and extrapolation on what is a very very basic level of data mining, just a one word tag that where now I'm losing my mind over. But what it signifies to me is something we've said for you know, the last while on the podcast, and I know something I've been saying for the last two to three years, and I'd love to hear you guys comment on what I'm about to say. I have said for a long freaking time. The Classic team has to figure out what to do with us in the long term, because I remember back in twenty nineteen saying, look, and this is just me and I'm not everyone, and I get that. I was like, these guys have got me for about five years. I was like, yeah, I'll do I'll do Vanilla, I'll do TBC if they do it. I'll do Rat that they do it. But I've probably got about five years in me. I'll do the trilogy and whatever. And even though we're a little bit beyond the five years now, that is in line with when my interests started to wane. You know, I told you guys about at the start of twenty five my classic fire really did start to dim. And it's you know, obviously it's running on fumes at the moment, because I said, I wasn't that excited about TBC, and you know, I haven't really been playing. That's been fine, but I was like, these guys need something beyond the consistent rerolls. The fresh aft like Anniversary still seems like it's an April fool's joke to me, just the reroll after reroll, the fresh after fresh. They can't keep doing that forever at nauseum, even though this is a player base that loves a good fresh like that is getting old real quick. So they worked out, thankfully Classic Plus needs to come along as not just thankfully they tied it us over with the seasonal stuff. That's great, som and SOD came along to abate people like me, but also they've clearly worked out, in my opinion, that they need a permanent home for us in the long run, because it's like, cool, we've squeezed these guys dry for every ounce of interest in cash. We can for a five or six year period that the Countdowns of the world are fucking out of here if we don't find them a permanent Hime home. And I think tagging something like that as mainline shows to me like people have speculated this goes well beyond a seasonal effort, and this is something so foundational that they will then seek to make Classic unique expansions for the Classic franchise to build on Classic Plus. So like I would guess that enough effort has gone into this thing that's going to be announced in September of this year that they may even mention on the stage of Bliscon. Guys, this is not a season. This is us. This is our baby. Now we've convinced the higher ups to let us have our own game, and we will be building expansions for this moving forward. That again, that's a huge rant to go off of one mainline tag. Tell me I'm crazy to blast.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I don't think so. If you're going to attack something as mainline with the only other reference point being the retail main branch, it's like the only the only real way you're going to attack something.
Speaker 1: Like Sorry, guys, at this stage, I kicked my computer because I was so excited and enjoying the conversation so much. So we'll just throw you back into the spot where I restarted.
Speaker 8: So we'll start at one point five, and then we'll build up to and then like the one point zero release would be like one point six is kind of.
Speaker 1: How you could look at it. Yeah, were like they would.
Speaker 8: Like logically start and then like logically end. So I'm seeing like the breadcrumb trail here that they want us to see if this was their intention.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's really all it is. And that's a good thing to kind of reflect on, is that it is a breadcrumb trail and we can try and draw as many hard answers out of it as we like, but you know, ultimately we do have to remember that it is speculation.
Speaker 8: So is there anything that's happening in retail right now that is related to Camelot? Because someone mentioned that it could be just like mountain packs or something like that. Is there anything in retail. I'm not paying attention to any of like the retail expansion stuff right now, so I have no idea, But is there anything thematically that naming something in the data files as Camelot would relate to that? Where it's like, if it does end up just being a mount drop, we would all like face palm and be like we should have seen that coming.
Speaker 3: No, so there's no chance that what it is is a mountpack just because of what it is and where it's located when we had the label leaks. So I want to make sure that everyone's kind of understanding of following this, So I'll just repeat this and apologies if people already get this, But so the label leaks that happened on like Monday Tuesday of this week are separate from what exists that I've found inside the Wild binaries. They just share a similar name, so the label registries. Basically, it's a product that's going to exist inside you know, Blizzard's product catalog basically in the store, and that's a good place to look for upcoming products because it's like, well, they're going to start prepping that before they sell it. Does that makes sense? Right? And yeah, like if something were to be a mount pack and it were named Camelot, you could find labels for that and maybe be like, you know, what is this is that? You know? There is some discussion icy Veins I think even talk about it in their article covering that label leak as yeah, like this could just be a mountpack, and they are right, those labels that they leaked on Monday Tuesday could absolutely just be a mountpack. But what I found inside the actual Wow Classic binary, it can't be a mountpack. It's listed right alongside the other game versions. There's no way.
Speaker 1: All right, Sorry for all you listeners, I'll throw in a cheeky edit there. Sorry to all you Twitch view. As I was getting so excited, I kicked my computer and a race start. This is the most fascinating chat for me. I love this. Sorry so to Blaster, you were in the midst of something when I, you know, ko my stream. But I might just go around the room now while we give to Blaster a moment to take a breath and think about where we're going next in terms of the next part of the story. Does anyone else have any anything to say on all of this info that we've just been smashed over the head with any speculation?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: God, I have kind of a question about is if they were going to release a game that has a box price, is there anything that you know, you would expect them to do differently with the game now that they're asking you to chill out money for it again, because like, I haven't played Classic or Wow or in any form for a little while now, and uh, but I still frequent the subreddit, you know, it's still something that I keep tangential interest in. So but when I look at the subreddit and stuff, and I kind of think this relates a little to what you were saying Josh earlier about your winning interest and they can't just keep releasing fresh because I think that there's diminishing returns every time they do it, because I think that like the bot problems and stuff like that get worse and worse every time it's more. Yeah, And so you know, when I visit the Classic Wow forum, it's kind of the same topics always crop up. It's like, oh man, there's gold buying, and like all the gdkp's being banned is a bummer or they're secretly happening or whatever. And then now is this big casino bot thing where it's all these videos of people killing casino bots and town and stuff like that. And so if they were going to release a product that has a price tag attached to it, is it enough to justify the price that they're going to possibly do like expansions and stuff like that, or would you want to you know, would you want to see them do a crackdown on kind of the quality I mean of things that are happening on the server.
Speaker 1: It's that it's an easy answer because because of course every player is going to say, oh do I want Pleazon to crack down more on bolts and gold buying? Of course the answers yes, everyone says, yes, you get one hundred percent return on that in a survey. But I know where you're going at it is what if they're going to go that, you know, quote unquote crazy step of throwing a box price on a classic product. What justifies that? That's where I think we weave into what I said in terms of getting up at Bliscon and needing to sell like you don't now just announce a product. If you're doing a box price, you must win over the crowd and sell like. You have to sell it now because now it's not just included in the subscription fee. You're now actively not just promoting or like you know, announcing a product, you're fucking selling it. You're convincing people to hand over fifty bucks or whatever for this game. How do you do that? Well, you need more on the fish hook to get people to hand over that cash. And what would be the bait on the fish hook would be some kind of announcement of guys, we can't stress this enough. This ain't a season. This is a game. This is a proper MMO. Like think of it as like half a new MMO. Yes, it's based in the old Azaroth that you know and love, and that's old news. But the new news is all the content that we've built around it and what we've done with the classes and everything. We are committed to delivering an alternate classic here, and that means expansions as well. And you will if they get on that stage and say buy our product, because you will want to put the time in now because we are going somewhere with multiple expansions, classic expansions, not TBC, not fucking Wrath or like maybe in those worlds with new content, who knows. But we're giving you real expansions that have had real teams put in work and hours on this thing that marries up now sense wise or logic wise with If a box price were to be announced, you must throw that at people, because you're right, DC. People might sit back and balk and go, why the fuck would I spend money on a Classic product when I know what I'm getting for that money. I'm getting a bot riddled game, a gold buying riddled game where no one takes this stuff. Seriously, you guys don't ban anyone for anything, like, how does that justify a price? And and that's the because I can tell you now that ain't changing if anyone, if anyone lives in a world, yeah, if you live in a world where you think blizz No, if you think Blizy is cleaning up there.
Speaker 8: Money.
Speaker 1: But here's what I'm saying, I think there is still a world where it can somewhat be shut up and take my money and still understand that they're not cleaning anything. Like I know, I'm not the only one, and this is a flawed respet for a lot of people. And I understand that I wouldn't necessarily apologize, but I would say I understand where I am the consumer that's reconciled with my position where I go in twenty twenty six. I do understand the difficulty that does go beyond Blizzard of running an MMO in this day and age. Guild Wars has bots, Ruinscape has bots. Bots are a thing. But I am not not, in any way, shape or form apologizing for Blizzard. They are out of control with how little they do. It is. It's one thing to have an epidemic, but then also another thing to be seen to be doing nothing about it, and that is what they do. It is the public look is they don't care and they just sit back knowing that people will sub anyway, and they do, and that's fine, but that requires a little bit of effort, of positive effort on Blizzard's behalf to say, look, guys, they're not going to come out and say we're not doing anything about the bots, but that will be the subtext. But the thing to counteract that passive passive nature towards bots would be, but look how much positive work we've done in making new content for you. We have really made you a new classic game, and we're going to make you new expansions. If you feel that that sick new content, while riddled with bots and gold buying, is still worth the price, then we'd love to have you. That's sort of the situation I see unfolding. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I I kind of expected that when I was asking the question, you know, I was kind of trying to play it as like Devil's Advocate is like, is it enough for it to just be this stuff with all the underlying problems?
Speaker 1: But I think it is.
Speaker 8: I know that the Blizzard, the regular Blizzard consumer is very kind of shut up and take my money. Really, they won't really like hold them to a standard where it's like, yeah, I appreciate all this, but like if it's just going to be the same kind of low quality of life on the servers that I'm not gonna You know, well, I know that the product is like way too enticing. I mean, like, you know, we all know that we're like Wow addicts, and you can't get Wow anywhere else. So like even if the Wow is riddled with seeds and stamps, it's like you're still smoking it up every day.
Speaker 2: Charging for it.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I'm not going to sit here and play the hypocrite, which would be so easy to play. I am the sucker, the loser, whatever you want to call me that bought multiple TBC boosts knowing that that game would have bots and gold buying and whatever. But I still paid the price to get into my foot in the door, do you know what I mean? And that's a long evolution of toing and throwing about how I feel about boosts and how I feel about just wanting to play the game or whatever it might be. If I sat here and said to you, you know, I'm not throwing my money at a product with bots and gold buying, well it would be bullshit. Because I literally just did it a few months ago, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: There's going to be a level of that in any MMO, I think, Yeah, no, I that's what I'm saying. Of what the response is to it by the doves and how they're you know, mitigating for it. There are plenty of ways to do it.
Speaker 1: I completely agreed to Blast, and i'd sort of try to iterate. It's not a popular note to hear, but I said it three minutes ago, and I'll say it again. This is not absolving or excusing Blizzard in any way, who deserve every bit of shit that they get for their bot management. The only addendum that I add, whether or not it carries any weight, is that if you picked up your toys and went home and go screw this, I'm going to go play another MMO, My goodness, you're going to run into the same problem there. In my personal opinion, there is no bot free MMO in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just the way of the world these days. I mean, especially where they're powered by AI agents, It's it's really hard to detect them.
Speaker 1: It sucks, it sucks, but it's the reality.
Speaker 3: Yep. Yeah, I think the biggest pull factor going back to what you were talking about originally with you know what justifies a box price To me, it's like, well, you know, I know that when I roll a character on Classic Plus, assuming that it's the version that you know, you and I have kind of talked about and want to expect from, you know, what we found out, It's like, once I roll that character, you know, that could just be my character for the next ten years. It's not some seasonal, seasonal transitory going to get merged into somewhere or orphaned, you know, in a dead world somewhere. It's like, you know, this is going to be a tune that I play for potentially the next ten years. And that's much more interesting than like, you know, Rath Anniversary comes out, I roll a tune on there, and I know eventually it's going away. I think that's something also to consider. It's like you might care about collectibles or you know, unique things that you can find, uh, and there's a whole big world of things they can do if they really do just reboot the game in that manner, and that that's what gets me excited.
Speaker 1: Yeak mate, if I can throw it to you, so I only just saw your comment, and I'm glad that I somewhat pre entered it because I was actually thinking of you as I just went through that diatribe about being it trying to avoid being a hypocrite because your spot, you're spot on. If nobody can talk, it's it's it's me, you know what I mean? How are you, mate?
Speaker 3: Doing?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Brother? Good?
Speaker 1: See back mate, It's always good to be back. I will have more time on my hands now that I've finished up with the school thing. Mates. I mean, you've been sitting there listening for the last few minutes. What's your take on all of this?
Speaker 2: I have no idea what you goes?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, got it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: All good?
Speaker 2: Or good? All right?
Speaker 1: I'll throw it back to the blast. Mate. Is there a next chapter of this story? Or are we kind of done?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, there is beautiful kid me the Blizzard CDM. There is a BGDL I might have got that acronym wrong endpoint that you can check that will literally show you if they are preparing a build for distribution for the one point six to zero branch. The common consensus among everybody that's looking at that is there's nothing on it, right now it returns zero if you try to look at it. But once they actually do prepare to ship something, you know, if we are going to get Classic plus right after a blizz con, you know, towards the end of August, we should see something pop up on there and I'll be sounding the alarm as soon as I see it. So yeah, that's that's stuff to look out for. But other than that, I think everyone's just going to be trying to scan everything and find as many camelot strings as they can. So right now, that's all there is, but uh, there's there's definitely going to be more stuff that comes for sure.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: One of the one of the big things that people are digging at right now is trade like intellectual property filings for whatever it is. Yeah, and they're looking overseas like over in the US, over in you know, New Zealand, every you know, every sovereignty they can find. So it's pretty interesting. There's a lot of avenues to explore.
Speaker 1: Made in your mind. Are you on the same wavelength as me? I am beyond one thousand convinced that this is just a project name and has nothing to do with anything. We'll actually he gets set out loud on a stage at pliz Con. Would you agree with that or not necessarily?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think they actually announced it as like World of Warcraft Camelot. I think that's probably unlikely. Yeah, in my head, it's probably a code name. The one thing that kind of I'm constantly thinking about whenever I think of this idea of like, you know, Camelot as a as a concept is like the World of Warcraft. Wiki actually says that Arthur's is like the reverse king Arthur, right, And that's a really interesting thing to think about. Again, I can go full to hat to volhat and start talking about, you know, what that might mean and what they might do and all these different things. But you know, in my had it would be really cool if we log into the game and there's there's still the Kingdom of lord a on up. There'd be interesting.
Speaker 1: That's where I was going to go with this. I'm so glad you raised it so like we do. We we now get to be nerds and this is the fun part because we get to talk about law, gameplay, speculation, about what these guys have had a couple, you know, two to three years now to cook this thing up. If I were a grand and Tim and the whole crew and just had you know, virtually cute Blanche to cook up the next you know, classic timeline, you know, like we said, maybe it's got expansions and what not involved what would we do? And the concept of the alternate timeline has been discussed a fair bit. I mean, even the devs I think have have in the past when talking about SOD made mention of things like, you know, what do we do with the game? Do we do it like was an alternate timeline? Or do we do you know, the continuation of the law that we know? Blah blah blah. Who knows. It's a difficult thing to juggle with, you know, And they've I'm pretty sure I've seen in interviews they've said that they've in the past they've been hesitant to mess with the law because they don't really want to split off and make law nerds confused or whatnot. But I don't know. Now I'm kind of like thinking that they might just go hogwild and literally just go here is your alternate timeline where Arthur's never became the lich King, he did turn into the good King.
Speaker 2: Arthur.
Speaker 8: Oh well, I don't think you could do that, Okay, Yeah, No, I mean, I mean you could do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Whether it's popular or not is another question. Tell me DC.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 8: Well, in regards to the name Camelot, I just feel that, like Wow is kind of their foundational game, and the legend of Camelot is kind of like the to like a lot of cultures is kind of like that found d kind of start of history, if you will. So I can see that just being like a clever kind of naming convention. I don't think you could do, you know, I think that one thing that we know about the Classic community is that we're very rigid and embedded in a lot of what is and don't like things changing. You know, the who could forget that We're the community that branded the whole like no changes mentality that did backfire in a lot of aspects of the game, but was you know, important in other aspects. So I wouldn't I mean, I could see you doing something like we have confrontations with the Lych King at level sixty, like there is like a proper invasion from North End that we beat back without beating Arthus. You could do stuff like that, but I don't think you could do something as monumental as making it so that Arthurs doesn't become the lych King, like literally the lych King, and Arthurs is like all of World of Warcraft.
Speaker 1: It's kind of the bedrock of the whole.
Speaker 8: Everything's interested in it because because we all got drug in with Frozen Throne and how epic and monumental that game was to a lot of our like formal years and then and then bridging us into World of Warcraft. So I don't think you could touch anything like that.
Speaker 1: That's like a sacred count unter of fair enough and vestige is raising the same point, like Warcraft three is something that is kind of the bedrock of the wild plot line. We don't mess with that, and I accept that that's fine. But you know, no bad ideas in a brainstorm, guys, except for that one that I just threw out. But no, how about this. Let's it's it's we're riffing, baby, we're playing jazz Let's extrapol eight. So let's all wield that one back and throw this one at your DC. All right, Let's let's not go as far as saying he that the lych King thing never happens. How about this what about an alternate timeline where the whole of Warcraft three plays out and he becomes lych King, but then we somehow still save him and redeem him, and the lich King becomes someone else, but we get Arthurs back.
Speaker 8: Well, here's the thing is that I don't really think you need to do alternate timeline stuff. I think you can just it like bloat out the time between us going to TBC canonically and like the original iterations of the game, like just kind of how like you know, currently in Star Wars they're just like.
Speaker 1: Oh, by the way, there was this Mandalorian.
Speaker 8: Show and this Ahsoka show and like all this stuff that happened in between like the two trilogies. You know, you could just have that be like an undefined amount of time. And that's why I was saying, like you could keep us at level sixty, but then have North End like invade Azarath or not as AZ's the fucking planet, but like have norther End like invade the Northern kingdoms and like Kalimdor, and that way we get exposure to things from like Wrath the lich King or you know, Burning Crusade, if you want to do that somehow but you keep us in the level sixty bracket and you keep us on the two main continents or whatever.
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 8: You could even I guess you could do something like opening up like the beachfront in Northern End, because there are a couple like there are a couple like Frozen Throne missions where you kind of go to the beach of Northern End and you explore with like artists and stuff. So you could do some things like that where you're not pushing into like iccy and really like destabilizing the lore. You know, I would be okay with something like that where you are kind of bending the brackets and not snapping them in half fair enough. But yeah, I don't think you need to do alternate timeline stuff. You just you just elongate the period that in which Classic kind of exists.
Speaker 1: So you're saying the opening scene of Classic Plus should be somehow Palpatine returned.
Speaker 8: No, that's no, No, then you're going to the next trilogy. So like that's what you want to avoid.
Speaker 1: All right. Hey, if you want to stay in.
Speaker 8: Between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens, you want to stay in that pocket.
Speaker 1: Fair enough at to Blasta before you have to run off to write, I've got a milky for all your worse. Now. Look, someone just mentioned Daisy Graine just mentioned we do need to dive into this. On top of all of that, another thing came to light, which was the quote unquote laked timeline, right, tell us more about this bad way.
Speaker 3: So again, I don't know for sure that there is a roadmap, a product map. I should say that basically shows like a bunch of different things, like your current timelines for TBC and then Wrath Anniversary. But what's interesting is that there is also a camelot to mention on it that is slated for Q three of this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right where all Josh said it would launch, but sorry, game exactly.
Speaker 3: So what it would mean is like, you know, basically a two to three week lead after blizz Coln because Q three ends September thirty, so after that you're in Q four. They might have pushed it. The current people are saying that this roadmap came from twenty twenty five. I don't know for sure if that's true. That's just what's being said. But if the if the the roadmap predates the leaks, then I mean it's pretty credible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely saw comments that some people were grumbling that was an old screenshot.
Speaker 3: Which you know, if that's true, then it's pretty much confirmed.
Speaker 1: But then I'm kind of like, if it was an old screenshot, we would have talked about it on the freaking show, like.
Speaker 3: What maybe right? But I mean, if you if you dropped this idea, if they're being like a World of Warcraft camelot and no real heart supporting evidence in the middle of twenty twenty five, who would listen my listeners?
Speaker 8: What that makes you speculate is like if they if they were well, because I guess so. Here's the things that immediately came to mind is that there was that video like not too long ago where like Holly Longdale is like starting to say something and then she gets interrupted, right, and it's like, oh my god, we want to say this thing but we can't. And you don't normally say things or even drop hints unless it's close. And if the blizz Con is like mid September, they could easily do a thing where they you know, launch it like two weeks later. They did that with sod where it was like, hey, we announced sad and then like you can go play it. Tomorrow or whatever, so it would kind of be in line with like the cadence of how they've been doing their announcements and releases. The question that came up into my mind based on that, though, is how much then do you think of the SOD DNA is in Amelot, Because that's a pretty quick turnaround considering that SOD was a little bit more than a year ago.
Speaker 1: Oh, I expect, I fully expect the positive sides of SOD to like, I don't expect it to be a replicant of SOD, but like they SOD was a test realm for a reason like that going rooms for example. I mean, I don't want to go as far as saying necessarily the niche of what's going to be in there, but I'll generically say, if it worked in SOD and people mostly liked it, you're probably gonna see it in Classic Plus. Like my biggest example, even though I said I wouldn't get specific, but my biggest example is just the classes going like, oh, look we've got new tanks and new healers and stuff like that, Like people, well, oh really really liked that. People really liked that, So they're that's like, in my mind, one hundred percent going to be in Classic Class.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think. I think if you're expecting to log into Classic Plus and press frost Bolt for three hundred hours, you might be disappointed.
Speaker 1: But you know, without getting too much into what's going to be in there, just you know this whole uh sorry on the timeline thing. I the program, I'm not like a big on this, but the program they used a blaster. I saw one comment about like, what what was it? It was not copilot or.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure exactly what it was built.
Speaker 1: Okay. I saw a comment that was like I believe this because of course Blizzard would use co pilot or something like that. Whatever the shitty program was that someone didn't like. But anyway, it was a you know, not the clearest of screenshots, but it was a thing. And like, to me, again, like this looks like it looked more than plausible enough. It looked to me professional enough, Like people who do fake leaks are normally not really on the up and up, and the leagues are pretty substandard when you're trying to create like a fake workslate like this, this one seemed legit to me. What do you think.
Speaker 3: Personally? I think that it's probably more likely to be real than not. Even if the timeline, like even if it came or was originally exposed after the Camelot leak, somebody may have just found it never posted it because like, oh, this just looks like a bunch of rubbish. But uh, I think the general like, I mean, the formatting of it looks like I say, it looks pretty professional. I think you're right in suggesting, like somebody who's going to create a leak, I mean these days, they're probably just going to fire up an EI and have it generate some image, yeah when it spit out something like that. But the other thing too, is like all of the other moving parts that surround this, this canalot drop in Q three are correct, So you know, if they if somebody did fake it, they've clearly done their homework. And that's also something that's interesting, Like the information is all accurate as far as we can see for things that we know that are confirmed.
Speaker 1: Well, we come back to my reference to self Lake season to blast and you know, I am you know where all you are living under a rock at this stage. There are way too many instances over the years, guys of Blizzard. You know stealthily getting their own information out there and like going the oh did I drop that? Whoopsie? You know, and things being bled out there that that you know, hint towards like TBC Classic coming out or Wrath Classic coming out or whatever it might be. You know, this screenshot coming out, I mean it's come from someone in the office. It's like this isn't just like this hasn't been stolen, you know what I mean? Like this this to me screams, Okay, this is Blizzard starting to do the Blizzard thing. The old self lake season has started. Do you get the same impression to blast on?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think so. It's you know, that's stealth marketing. It's a real thing, and yeah, plenty of people will do it, especially in like the gaming community, posting cryptic messages or you know, releasing things or even just exposing things that can be data. Mind. It's like they just know for a fact that you know, if people like me that are like nerdy enough to get a hold of it, we'll just post it on some form and everyone will take it and run hogwild with it. And that's free advertisement for them. It proal frates itself. They don't have to pay for it, and we just get to sit here on the Countdown podcast and talk about it for an hour exactly. You know, this is all free ad revenue for them. They don't have to do anything. We're just here, you know them.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. They know that this is all part of the plan, you know what I mean. They know content creators will run this like they dropped that that timetable going. Of course, fucking Josh is going to talk about this for three hours. Of course, you know Zau's going to stream about it like this is all like premeditated.
Speaker 8: When you keep your computer Earlier, I said that the timing was perfect. If you think that Blazicon's going to happen mid September, then we're like exactly three months out, and this would be the time that you'd want the rumors to be swirling and generating all the hype they've I think it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: They've normally done it a little bit closer.
Speaker 8: Drop on Monday is like the day that they're in the office.
Speaker 1: Right, they normally do it. I think traditionally it's been like about two to three weeks out from Bliscon where they do the old woop see did I drop that? So this is a little bit early, but if it's a bigger project, maybe you go a big guiti line.
Speaker 8: I feel like the two to three week leaks are usually way more substantstantial. They usually like have the specific like expansion name and stuff, and like there's usually like a big list of like what the new race is going to be and stuff like that. So for this to be like a build or something like that, that's got to be like data. Mind, the the style of the leak makes sense for like how far we are out as well, if it's intentional, that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like it's such a bread cruss.
Speaker 8: It's it's a bread crumb, right, but it's like a very, it's a very, like it's got a strong scent on it, kind of a bread cross.
Speaker 1: Tasty bread crust.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we we can. We can speculate about some things that are are logically the most likely, but we don't really know anything. That's the key thing to remember is like this is this is all still speculation, but it does. It's it's another plot on the graft pointing at a thing. Right, Yeah, it's the old the you know, it's.
Speaker 1: The old and Murphy joke of like, you know, you give his starving man a crack off and he's like, God, damn, is this cracker I've ever had? What was that? A soul? Like, Oh my god, it's so tasty. And that's what we're like with information for classic flawers. So it's all good. Look guys at de Blaster, you've been amazing on this, mate. Is there anything we've left off the table that we should discuss?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. But if I find anything else, Josh, I'll just fire it over to you or post it in that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, mate, I was. I was captivated. I really am not blowing smoke up your ass. That was one of the more interesting hours of countdown. I was on the edge of my seat. Thank you for that, guys. Look, given all that alter antig Sorry mate, what was that? What if?
Speaker 5: Camelot isn't a name supposed to denote what's happening, but it's supposed to denote when it's happening, and we are all expected wrath Rath is after the leech king? Who is artist king Arthur arthurs Camelot timeline like we're expecting an avanba drop. Why would they be dropping it if they're having twenty twenty seven. What if it's a nickname, and so we don't get Wrath Classic, we get Classic Plus. Wrath Classic never happens, and it's because that's when people are expecting Wrath Classic to kind of happen, based on how long we're seeing in the current phase.
Speaker 1: Well, interestingly, on that note, because everyone is trying to sort of win the game of will they won't they do both? I believe to Blasto will correct me if I'm wrong. Wrath Anniversary was on the timeline as dropping about three four months after Camelot, Isn't that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was on I think it was for Q one of twenty seven yea, which would make sense, right because it's like, you know, maybe everybody gets their fill of three four months to Classic Plus and then it's like, you know, you start to lull. I don't know if they'll have some kind of new endgame, horizontal whatever, whatever, we're really not talking about that. I'm sure we could go for another five hours on it, but you know, assuming that it's the same and people are raid logging Classic Plus, we'll just leave it at that assumption. Then, you know, as it lolls it's like, you know, maybe maybe it'll be fun to play Rath for a few months. Yeah, and you work on more content, not.
Speaker 1: To not to filate myself on screen too much. But you know, again exactly as I said on the last podcast. But anyway, Anti, what do you think of that? Does that make sense to you? Drop a cheeky wrath and I.
Speaker 5: Think I think that kind of makes sense. Yeah, yeah, I just think that the whole Camelot thing, they always name things like everything is named for a reason. Yeah, and it seems like, you know, it's got something to do with it, and you hate to say it, but King Arthur, King Arthur's they do have a similar kind of name. Could kind of go well, that does link all together pretty hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone's on the Arthur's train. Sorry, sorry to Blast.
Speaker 3: They both have a mentor named UTHERU.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, Everyone's on the Arthur's train. I think that's a fun little thing. How about you other guys that we haven't heard from as much anything else on this Camelot thing? Does it? Does Camelot get your brain yacked?
Speaker 10: Is?
Speaker 1: Does the code name Camelot but make you think we're getting a certain product or story or timeline or not you haven't gone there yet.
Speaker 11: Haven't gone there yet?
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough sci fi? What about you?
Speaker 7: I'm just looking at the timeline. It says Camelot season two on there as well? Does it? What do we make of that?
Speaker 1: Was that on there? To blast Us season two? I don't remember seeing that.
Speaker 3: Let me have a look. I don't have it burnt into my brain quite yet.
Speaker 8: Wouldn't it just be the next phase of the you know, it's like multicorps blacking layer or different seasons technically or phases or whatever.
Speaker 1: Not If it says season two at launch.
Speaker 3: Where are you seeing season two?
Speaker 7: Maybe I'm looking at a different one. It's the back end of twenty eight?
Speaker 1: Oh there you go? Are you drunk?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, only mildly so, at the back end of twenty eight on that timeline and saying Camelot season two?
Speaker 3: Is it.
Speaker 7: On the one I'm looking at? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, where we posted? Just in the general chat, I'll just post a quick image for reference there. I don't see it on there.
Speaker 1: Let's have a look here we go to blaster is just yeah, this is the one I've seen. Blah, Yeah, where are you seeing? Season two? You is this the one that you're drawing up yourself in pain.
Speaker 7: Now I'm looking at it on YouTube, Cago Cago Gaming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go for it.
Speaker 7: Maybe you got Can I steal the blaster for the raid?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I am done. I am done with him. Now to blaster. Please go to your raid. Have a good time, mate, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah in the worries, let me know if you want to talk some more. Happy to thy craft whatever?
Speaker 1: Too easy? Thanks mane Sorry Stan, Oh, you're good, You're good, all right. We don't want to We don't want to muck around with the old countdown raid. Speaking of raids, Antie and Yak, can you give us an update on all the asses you're kicking in names that you're taking in the Saturday rad group. What's going on? What's the latest update?
Speaker 11: For the first time, Saturday I Raid did both SEC and TK in three and a half hours last week.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: Everyone was happy one day and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we h.
Speaker 11: This was the first time Saturday is done like TK as a group, we were running with Stan on Sundays, but now that we're doing it in one night, it was pretty great. We had two wipes. We wiped on like trash immediately in TK and once on KT and that was it. It's super super clean, a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Anti even happy.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, having a great time. Yeah no, it just went so smoothed last week. And the teams will work really well together. Just you know, it's like sweaty under the collar, which is exactly how you kind of set it up today.
Speaker 1: There's an unspoken agreement of of of sweatiness, is there? How then you guys fitting in YAG.
Speaker 11: Really really well. I mean we did a lot of.
Speaker 3: Quite a bit of.
Speaker 11: Trialing with them before inviting them to guild. We would do heroics or even just kind of like inviting them to a Phase one rage just to see if the vibes would be right. But everybody's fitting pretty pretty well. There's no h no loot goblins. Everybody's just kind of fitting in seamlessly.
Speaker 1: That's awesome to hear. Thanks for posting that. Sci Fi. I'm just I've I've not seen this screenshot that you've just posted. This is really weird because like, I don't know, are they have Classic and Camelot on Yeah, now it's called Camelot and Class six plus under like the Classic launchers, but like.
Speaker 8: Also on the far left, it says Era slash Camelot.
Speaker 1: Yeah I can I no, no, no, So it says Aero slash Camelot on the first one as well, Yeah, wish. The weird part is the first screenshot, the one that everyone's been relying on, only has Camelot on the timeline going through to twenty thirty right. The second screenshot that you've just sent through has heaps of stuff on that timeline. It's got Camelot Classic plus, Camelot Season two Classic plus expansion.
Speaker 2: Is.
Speaker 1: My only thought is I don't know if this is the case, but because I've over the last week, I've not seen this screenshot. Has someone taken the ball and run with it and created a fake screenshot out of the first potential fake slash real screenshot? I don't know.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't be the first time I've fallen victim to some I'm trying to information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 1: Because that is there is a stark difference between the two.
Speaker 7: The second that was very confusing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is literally the first time I've ever seen this screenshot that you've just sent through. So I'm just sort of reacting in the moment. My gut is saying some joker is trying to fill in the gaps and create their own story.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 8: Well, based on the first screen shot. And this is the first time I've ever seen this, so I didn't bring it up or nobody else brought it up earlier. But seeing Camelot and Era on the same kind of line, there's a little sus.
Speaker 1: Yes, now I think someone's tried to again.
Speaker 8: You know, But I mean that's in the first screenshot that blastomlynked as well. Yeah, in the box that says it says Classic slash Camelot, it's at the bottom it says Era slash Camelot is the line, and then you know there's the Camelot dot on it.
Speaker 1: But that makes sense.
Speaker 8: That would you think then maybe maybe Camelot is more of like an Era type project than.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. That makes sense to me because it's not on the main timeline. So they've got the one line on top in the classic section. They've got the top timeline called Progression Brackets Expansions, which is the classic timeline that they're on. The anniversaries, the mops, the whatever's right, and then they're creating a new separate timeline with you know, a new Classic plus story. So that makes sense to me. I don't think, oh, that's an ERA thing. I think that's Classic plus that. But that's just me, right, that makes sense, Okay.
Speaker 8: I would say that there's more doubt now, okay from my perspective, because you know, like Era, would it beyond the progression expansions because Era is like this kind of thing right where you can like drop characters that are in the top line into it. It kind of exists, and it's like own unique because it was like the first time that they booted up Classic and then everything else is like this like offshoot fresh. So that would make me think that like maybe now Camelot could be some kind of thing that they're doing with Era. Maybe they're trying to do like what you said, like legitimize it a little bit more by making it you know, I don't know, but I would say, you know, I it just shows a little bit of doubt. The second one is a blatant especially as the residence Classic Plus. The second one is a blatant fake, like this is no I'm not looking at the second one.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I get that. Sorry, I'm just adding on now that. I look more at the second one, like this is such a weird thing to say, but like the vertical lines are in different positions and everything, like this is some fuck we're trying to extrap light.
Speaker 8: On the The text is also pretty weird looking, which makes me think that it was like AI and and maybe they had to like adjust it.
Speaker 1: And remember AI is like really bad.
Speaker 8: At doing text.
Speaker 1: Remember how we said I said at the start, Wow, fans tend to do bad fakes. This is this is the bad fake.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we got here them in chat saying confirmed AI reload.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, someone in the Classic Plus debunk I can't remember who what I would doubt someone from Blizzard has come out and said that's not that's fake, but I mean whatever, anyway, it just looks and smells fake. It's bullshit. But the first one I'm still on board as being likely real.
Speaker 8: Which something they got leaked?
Speaker 1: Yeah something well yeah, quote unquote leaked. All right, very good, guys. Let me think what more can we really say on the topic. I mean, is there anything else Classic Plus related that you guys have been chatting up at DC. I'm not sure if you've been keeping up with the countdown discord chat on Classic Plus over the last month or so. But the guys have just absolutely been going off the every day or wake up with a boatload of new chat of all the guys speculating on what could and could not be in the next iteration of Classic Have you pump me?
Speaker 8: I check it every now and then, but not not super frequently.
Speaker 1: Have your thoughts developed a lot over the last month or two as to what this thing could be? Uh?
Speaker 8: Well, this is kind of the first that anything has like really been on my radar. You know, I just have like a deeply, deeply low trust value of Blizzard. So even all the debating and stuff that they've been doing over the past couple of months, you know, I'm still in disp I'd rather just be like, you know, if it drops and it's real, then okay, cool, I'm a believer. But until then, you know, I just have this you know, hesitancy to believe any of the stuff.
Speaker 1: That they do.
Speaker 8: And so I would say that this is a you know again, and I was I was seeding the benefit of the doubt earlier to blast it. When I was saying that the time of it and the amount of information and the type of leak that it is, you know, within almost exactly three months of Blue Condumn. Like this seems, you know, the opposite of fishy. You know, it seems very deliberate, as if they are kind of priming the community, which would be smart. So, you know, I'm definitely more in the camp of like it seems like they've they are going to release something that they've been cooking and it could be Classic related, and if they were smart, it would be Classic Plus. I don't know how much longer they could draw out the Classic Plus hype at this point.
Speaker 1: I just as far as like what it could be, I don't know.
Speaker 8: You know, I still kind of believe that they shot themselves in the foot with SOD by doing like a half assed version of Classic Plus, because I feel like, now whatever product that they come out with, it will it can only be unfavorably compared to SOD based on what it has or doesn't have, or you know, because like SOD to me was like a great version of Classic Plus. You know, I could ride off into this on set with my Wow career and you know, having ended on SOD and be pretty happy.
Speaker 1: But there are also people on that, so you're saying, had they just come out and called Sawed Classic plus and done that for two years, you would have been like, well they did it classic plus. I loved it. We're done well that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's that's my current mindset. I'm like, look, SOD for me was classic plus. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it was what I wanted in a lot of other ways, so you know, you kind of split the difference. And I was really happy with it. I got a lot of things accomplished. I got to, you know, relive high school for lack of the better you know term that we all fantasized about, right, and I was I went to prom and smashed the cheerleaders and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: So it was great for me.
Speaker 8: And yeah, now I just feel like, well, whatever happens with real Classic plus or whatever it's, you know, for me, it's like, I don't know, are you going to be able to top SOD. I know that there are a lot of things that people liked about side that a lot of other people didn't. There were a lot of signals that they got inside that might make them rethink a lot of things. And that's why I was bringing up earlier that given the cadence of when they might release this, it would then lead me to believe that they're going to use a lot of the SOD DNA, because in my opinion.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty quick turnaround.
Speaker 8: I think we're like less than two years of like SOD ending, and they'd be coming out with this Camelot thing, which means that I would think that they would have built off a lot of what SOD was rather than developing something new from scratch, which means that there might be a lot of DNA in it, which to someone like me could be really cool, but it would also depend on what they did or didn't include, and then for other people would be like really bad because I know a lot of people didn't like the rum thing, and you know, to your point earlier about people liking the new class roles and stuff, it's like a lot of that was enabled by Runes. You know, demon Form for Warlocks was a ruin.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a talent. My side expectation is simply just I've said it a few times now. I just think for them, for the most part, getting not all the way, but most of the way SOD style gameplay, they total well slash Apok style world. That's the combo I think is coming outway.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I don't have any issue with that. My my sticking point with the runes is like I think people really underlook how much customization and kind of niche things that the ruins allowed you to do, because all the runes kind of occupied a different function in their gear slot, and you could combine them in different ways to like really enable your character to do. You know, like if you were going to raid, you pretty much have like a cookie cutter rune build that you were going to use, but outside of rating, you could really mix and match, like tanking ruins on your gloves and DPS rooms on your belt or whatever, and you can make your character in this kind of like Frankenstein way. They could do content that it wasn't ever enabled to do before. And I just don't see you being able to recapture that gameplay if you make it talents, yeah, I don't some other.
Speaker 1: Kind of I don't expects. I don't expect to see ruins or if we do at a drastically reduced scale.
Speaker 8: Well that yeah, That's what I'm saying is like I think they might be missing something they might be missing out on something pretty cool that they had with Runs if they don't go through it again. So what you said, well, you mentioned that, yeah, because like you said that, we might get like more SOD style gameplay with you know, like a turtle while philosophy behind the content. And it's like, I don't think you can achieve the SOD style gameplay without the ruins if you just give people talents and stuff like that, unless you you kind of do like a more like retail as or not retail ass but kind of like Cataclysm version style of talents where you have had like rows and you kind of pick things that are like keystones and defined. So I don't know, you know, this is what I mean by they shut themselves in the foot. They have to really thread a needle that is going to be pretty hard in terms of like what system they want to implement to give people that experience again or a brand new experience, you know. And then also, while you know, adhering to the rigidity that we've mentioned before that classic players are kind of stubbornly beholden too, So it's a it's a fucking moonshot man, And that that's why I think that like they would have been better off just not doing sod almost or just branding sod is classes and going off of that, because I just I just think that like comparison is the thief of joy, right, So you know, but I I, you know, I wish them the best, Like I'd like for it to be a product that's so enticing that you know, it makes me want to play it again.
Speaker 1: I think it will be everyone's dying to say what they've done. Obviously with the classes, that'll be the first thing when they step out on stage of bleiz Con. The first thing people will want to draw or extract from the people on stage are just tell us about the classes. What classes are we getting and how are they going to play? Tell us, tell us, tell us, because we all expect them, like, you know, them coming out on stage and going, hey, guys, we're doing classic plus in as the roth Baby, no outlands, no North rand lets. The world's the main character as they're off and look what we've done. He's you know, eleven hundred new quests through the world. He's new raids. We're gonna be like yay and no shit, no fucking shit, talk about the classts you know what I mean, I expect I don't know if they share that sentiment.
Speaker 8: And also I don't want to like dominate the conversation by the way, so fety.
Speaker 1: You're okay, they're all sleep, They're all asleep, it's you and maybe okay.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I think the big letdown with SOD was that they really didn't do enough with the world, because I personally would have been this is what I mean by like, they did some things I liked and then some things that I didn't, And you know, just the things that they did end up doing I liked a lot, so it kind of made up for it. But you know, I would have been happy with just vanilla classes in SOD and them opening up the zones that we've wanted to see for fucking twenty plus years. Hydraul Emerald dream uh you know, old old hum or whatever in still athis all those zone ozones that you know, have been untouched that we that have been sitting there and you can like exploit to them and stuff.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: One that they did do was like the Karazan dungeons, right or whatever, the Karazan basement crips. So that yeah, the crips, and then they they followed through on like the Scarlet Enclave and stuff like that, which was really cool as well, and those were like big highlights, but other than that, the world was very much static with what we normally see in vanilla. So I've always thought that that is kind of the heart and soul of like what a classic plus is is broadening these these areas of the world that are untapped, and that everyone loves the vanilla classes, regardless of how boring they are. I mean, like, I don't think anybody wants to press prossipal for three thousand hours, but you know you'll fucking happily do it if you can do it in hydraw instead of you know.
Speaker 1: Multiple or whatever. To be honest with you, and we've talked about this a lot on the show, I think whilst there is a class of game out that one hundred percent agrees with you on that DC from the vibe check I've gotten over the last year or two is that the majority of classic players in twenty twenty six disagree only to the extent that they like, just give me one or two extra fucking buttons, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Yeah, for sure, But I think that if it was like gun to your head, you can play the new zones with classic you know toolkits, or you don't play it at all. I think, you know, oh yes, like the shut of Yeah, if everyone's going to do it right, that's a terrible Ideally they you know, and then again, this is the needle that they have to thread. Ideally, they can do both in a way that appeass and doesn't alienate the classic player base.
Speaker 1: And that's kind of gonna be.
Speaker 3: The you know.
Speaker 8: And I wish more people had played SOD because I do agree with you that I think there would be more converts of this twenty twenty six player that you're saying they would want a couple extra buttons, because the classes in SODE were really I mean, like I only played one class, but like, holy fuck, it was so good and really broadened, you know, your perception of the fun that you are missing out on by not having in these just couple extra buttons that add a lot of dynamism to your class that isn't inherently there in the vanilla kit. So, you know, I hope that they can make a good case for that if they do open up a lot of stuff and they do open up new roles and things like that, because I do think that that was a well, I mean, like the tanking issue is like a little weird because you know a lot of the tanks that they introduced in the other classes ended up being like evasion tanks, where they're not like they're not tanks that are like relying on blocking and armor. And then those tanks scale really detrimentally into the late game, and detrimentally in the way that it's like you have to nerve the content in a way that's kind of unnatural because you can get like one hundred percent dodge or whatever really easily, and then it trivializes the tanking aspect of the game.
Speaker 1: So can I throw a question at you for Chad? Yeah, yeah, yeah, so long time listener and contribute to John says the following, and I'll just act like, I guess it is directed to you because it picks up of what you were saying. He goes, you know, besides new zones, how do you keep the world alive after people explore it? It gets old. I'm sure they are Parisians who are tired of the Eiffel Tower. So, like, what would you do personally DC to reinvigorate the world and make it alive, so to speak.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't know if I can give a very compelling answer, just off the top of my head, I feel that.
Speaker 1: So this is something.
Speaker 8: I don't know how much this will relate, but I think as long as you preserve that Classic is as much you get out of Classic, like what you put into it. And what I mean by that is when I played, I followed my guild after SOD ended, they all went to MOP Classic and I never played MOP before, so I decided to try it.
Speaker 1: With them, and I, you know, I quit after like a month or something. And the reason that I did was because.
Speaker 8: MOP levels out how much people can get out of the game. And what I mean by that is when you can just queue up for a dungeon and just grind heroics and stuff like that and get gear, you lose that not only like time advantage that you might have for like the amount of free time that you might have to play the game, but also the the willingness and motivation that you have to get things accomplished on your own time. So like for example, and Classic, like if you want to run a dungeon, you either have to find a group or make a group, and that takes time. You have to you know, read the general chat. You have to schmooze with different people. You have to try and find a tank, you have to try and find a healer. You have to try and get everyone to the dungeon. And when you do get there, that's because you fucking put energy out of your body and into the game per se.
Speaker 1: But when you just have these menus that let you do that, right you Who's that like kind.
Speaker 8: Of inherent social advantage or you know, I don't know exactly like what you would quantify it as, but I think that that's something that like makes the world always be alive. Is that as long as you make everything beholden to like the player's investment, that it will retain that attraction.
Speaker 1: So I'll give you, I'll give you. You keep going up. Okay, Yeah, Like.
Speaker 8: One thing I always think of is that like as a as a rogue player, I needed a hand of justice, and you know, you you can solo farm it as a rogue. You can go in, you can stealth run BRD, and you can solo anger forge with this like weird thing that you do where you like are on the rafters and you shoot them a bunch of times that arrow, and you like tide them in this like weird fucking way, and you know, if you just keep at it, you'll eventually get a hand of justice without having to like coordinate these groups where your hard res it or try and find people they like also don't want it or like any of this stuff. And it's like when you get it, when I finally kill that anger for as it drops my hand of justice, I feel great, even if it took like eight or nine or ten hours or whatever, because you know that only happened because I was willing to do it every single time.
Speaker 1: And that's totally different. When you just have a menu that you can like queue into and you just run it and run it and run it and run it.
Speaker 8: It's gonna drop a bunch of times because Blizzard is like generous with the drop rates, and you'll eventually get a group where you either win it or you don't. No one else is competing with it or whatever. Right, and so there is that that friction, right we always come back to, like Classic has this friction. I like that kind of friction because it's rewarding it like it provides tangibility to like what I do inside the game in a way that I find very gratifying. And when you stand my character up to another person's character, you can see how much work we put into it based on like the items that we have and things of that nature. So I think that's what keeps the world alive. And as long as you have those items that are kind of chase or character defining or role define and you know that that carrot on a stick kind of exists, and people are motivated to uh you know. I had the same thing with fell Striker, where where Fell Striker was really good and saw it and you kind of really needed to get one, and it had me, you know, joining tons of UBRS groups and then I would I would join groups that didn't have other rogues in it, and I wouldn't hard reserve it or tell people that they couldn't invite rogues, but then I would kind of commandeer the group and start I would start looking for people to fill the group for the person that started it, and I would just make sure that I didn't take any rogues or anything like that. So I would just kind of like sneakily manipulate the group composition behind the scenes and look like I'm just being a buddy and like helping fill the group, but really I have like nefarious intentions. So that's the kind of stuff that like keeps World of Warcraft like very engaging.
Speaker 1: And I think as long as ahead, let me tell you a couple of specific things I might start wing John and I am. I am not the good idea guy. I have shit takes. So I'm sure one of these two things is a terrible take that you would be more than warranted to eviserate me on. I I do like more rares out there in the world, and you can make the argument that that takes away from the classification of rare if there's more of them out there. But the one thing I really like about modern MMOs is, you know, relatively frequently stumbling upon that, Hey, there's a rare down the road, and I'll try and you know, see if I get some form of half decent loot from it, that I can you know, not a not a world boss, just a soluble rare. I think that's an easy layup on, Like, you know, have rares that might drop really cool shit that don't they're not spawning every twelve hours. They might spawn once every hour I don't know, and have people re engage with the world to try and chase items like that. Another thing is like, again, you're just trying to spice up the world. World Bosses needs to be addressed, and like this is the moment where you can say, I've got a really shit take. I would do World Bosses where, like you, we've got to figure out the sort of griefing issue, like everyone agrees we don't want to serve. Where just that one really sweaty guild owns the world Bosses and it's just pack up and go home everyone else. It's that content does not exist for you. It's not overly fun. And I know the answer is get good scrub, but fucking whatever. I really like the concept of, you know, again, just like give people a role, give them a chance, and like, you know, if you had the big bad world boss that you have, you know, ten raid groups hammering. That looks really cool to me. And I think that that again invites social behavior and whatnot, and you could do that. You could do the thing where I don't know, you've got to be in a raid group to get a chance at you know, looting the thing obviously, and like, but like every raid group that tags the boss will get loot to roll off on. There's a right way and a wrong way to do it. But I'm just saying open things up rather than closing them off. That that's one suggestion of mine to you know, making the world seem quote unquote alive. DC. I mean, I'm more than happy for you to tell me that's a fucking terrible suggestion.
Speaker 8: Tell me what you think, well, I have like pretty nuanced opinions on world like world content like this, like responsor so I personally, I personally think that the experiment has been run on world bosses and that the version that they did inside where it's just another instance and it resets every three days or whatever and you go in and you get the chance to kill it and you do kill it.
Speaker 1: I think that's the best way.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it.
Speaker 1: I'm a weirdo. I'm a weirdo. I did not like instanced world bosses.
Speaker 8: World well like bosses that exist in the real world just create the most cancerous types of gameplay and it's just really not fun for everyone involved, even the people that end up killing it. You just waste a lot of your time. You have to set up all these things that alert you at like four in the morning, and then you have to rally your guild and you have to grief other people, and it's just so degenerated.
Speaker 1: But we can work around that. What if it didn't spawn it stupid hours. What if it didn't like only I get tagged by one group and be griefable.
Speaker 8: I mean, well, I played this game called wild Star and there was a quest line that you needed to do to get a tune to the first raid, and they had world bosses where everybody on your faction that tagged it got credit, and it just made them really stupid things that you just had to wait around and wait for them to spawn so that you could be there and get it. And then if the other faction got it or they had more. I'm just telling you, man that, like when you create these big pinata things that like everybody needs for something, it just we've run the experiment and I just the juice isn't worth the squeeze now. Rare spawns on the other hand, or like what I mean by like I have nuanced opinions of this.
Speaker 11: Is in sad.
Speaker 8: When molten corep was in the first phase, right, there was that heat thing where you needed like all this fires this gear, and they had these recipes for leather pants and leather gloves. I think I don't remember exactly what the items were, it's not important, but there were these recipes and they only dropped off King Mosh. And King Mosh is this dinosaur right in on Goro and you only need five people to kill him, but he's on like a it takes like I think it was thirty two hours have to pass before a twelve hour window opens up where he can spawn it any time within that twelve hour window, right. And also there was this weird thing going on with layers that only one layer on the server he could spawn on because that was the only layer that didn't disappear, right, because I called it the prime layer, which is like the layer that all layers get spawned off of eventually. So this is the layer that like exists permanently, and then every other layer that phases in is one that gets generated because like the population demands it, right. And this is something that like I figured out when I was trying to form Title Charm, which is where we'll get to like smaller rears that you know, players can solo on their own and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Now I like this system.
Speaker 8: I think it's really cool because it rewards people for you know, figuring out the game mechanics and then like investing the time into it, and you know, you can have people staking out parts of the world. And you know, I would just sitting on Goro and like, man, I would just kill people that I would saw coming and riding around to check King Mosh and it's like, dude, he's not even gonna spawn for another sixteen hours, but I'm just gonna kill you to let you know that, Like there's a fucking rogue out here that will just kill you.
Speaker 1: For looking at this place.
Speaker 8: So you better think twice on if you want to, you know, come out here alone again and just check, you know. And I liked engaging and stuff like that. And you know, my guild en up did like we end up did farming this recipe bunch, and we ended up like extorting the Horde because like they they got the pants and we got the gloves, and like I extorted them for like a bunch of money on.
Speaker 1: The like neutral auction it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 8: I created a lot of interesting, uh kind of social game plan stuff like that, So I'm more favorable to things like that. I think that you can maybe the prime layer thing is like pretty shitty, and I don't think that that's something that like Blizzard intended, but it is just something that like the way that the servers work because of layering and stuff like that, so I think maybe you could fix that, so then maybe there's three layers or because basically it made it so that like you could only get like three king Moshes a week, you know, because of the nature of the spawn window, and that he would only literally spawn on one layer because the chances that any layer would be up for more than you know, thirty two hours was pretty much zero percent, right, so you know, would lead to those situations where there was gonna be one Yeah good.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I thought you thought, no, go for it, row or jump in Plaze do it. Somebody has to shut him up.
Speaker 10: So when the Classic Plus project first came out Jordie's website, me and a couple of guys we got really really deep in this rabbit hole talking about world bosses and rares and the idea. We arrived at was what if? Okay, so two layers first one? What if world bosses every time you killed one, If you killed one, you get locked out for the day or the week or whatever it is, right, but as soon as it dies, that immediately spawns another one. But what if you don't know where it's gonna spawn. Let's say every single zone where it has like their elite areas, you know, or like the dragon mark, right, And so you can do that with raid bosses. So you've got your members of your guild out patrolling areas, trying to be out there and see where the next one's gonna spawn at because you don't know where it's gonna go. And so now let's say you did that as well with an elite mob that takes five people to kill. So now you can go out with your five friends and go you get, you know what, two or three pieces of dungeon loop from a rare mob, but they could spawn in any zone. You don't know where it's gonna be, but you just know as soon as one dies, one will spawn. So you're giving everybody a chance to go and kill a raid boss or a world boss, but you don't know if you don't know where it's gonna be, so that way nobody can camp one spot the entire time like this.
Speaker 1: So I think this is really cute. What do you think? What do you think they sy? I really like this.
Speaker 8: I think the fixed location is like really important because that's what makes you know. For example, with the k Mosh thing that I did, there was one day where you know, it's in Angorro obviously, and there was one day where I went out there to watch the spawn and there was a seven Hord out there. So I I got like twenty people on the Alliance to go out there and we wipe them, and then the Hoard got forty people to come out there, and then they wiped us, and then we got more Alliance and we wipe them, and eventually they got like eighty Hord people out there and they wiped us. And then, you know, and that wouldn't happen if you didn't know where it spawned. And it created this really uh you know, it made me build rapport with like the Horde Guild, like I had to like find them on Discord and message them and stuff like that and kind of like wave the white flag and you know, and then we were. You know, before that happened, we were like talking shit to each other and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It was really fun.
Speaker 8: And yeah, if you don't know where it's gonna spawn, then you kind of miss out on opportunities like that. And same with when I farmed Title Charm. The amount of PvP that I did in that lake and a Raffi basin was just off the chain, and like you would see the same people over and over and you developed these rivalries and you know, I'm bringing like shadow protection portions and shit because I'm fighting like shadow priests that are there all the time. There was a shaman that was always there, so I just had like stuff that would counter him.
Speaker 1: And you know, if it's.
Speaker 8: Always spawning in like random places, I feel that that is. I feel like that's kind of important.
Speaker 1: But all right, well, you got one vote each way. Let's let Anti be the decider. Maybe we'll get sci fied away in if you can as well. After Anti Anti, Oh, I got I got something lined up.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Oh he may fucking now is the time.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm ready. I'm ready for a Gorol.
Speaker 5: Everything you've spoke about is purely endgame, and we have seen so many inverted come as Wow Killers come out in the past, So we all had great things, but then the game has failed, and I don't see why Blizzard isn't looking at what the things that were really good in those games and taking from them. For example, requests requests inside Warammer Online.
Speaker 3: We're incredible.
Speaker 5: Well, PvP in that was incredible because they had zones in every single zone that were focused towards them, and if you were a lower level you went into that rift to the same thing, had massive dynamic world events that would constantly happen, and if you were a high level player and you went into a low level zone, you got d level to go play with lower players and actually keep it challenging, so you can't just get oh, just get my sixty mates to come along and just wipe this out and then we give the loop. But then the high level players got roads that are equivalent to their actual level, so you know, you go down, you do a level twenty kind of raid in the world, and you go help out, but you still get rewards for your upper end, so you can still enjoy it. Everything you've discussed at this point is about end game content. So players that are leveling, they don't get any extra content. They might get a few extra quests and stuff like that, but all these other systems they didn't. They made it so your entire leveling career had extra things. High leveling career outside your level you did, you did, but like title charm, for example, the amount of times that you go a great well, you think and look, you were fighting some people that were your level and whatnot, but how many times did you accidentally kill someone who was like level thirty gum for their title charm with like, oh, I'd like to go.
Speaker 8: This was This was during side and it was doing a level forty level cap so there was nobody that was like under level there was.
Speaker 1: I was fighting level forties every.
Speaker 5: Time, level permanently. So every single zone you go into has a level carp So if you want to go help your mate level up and stuff like that, instead of going in there and beating the piss out of everything and him not get any experience and not having fun, you get d leveled. So it means if you want to go level with a mate who's level level, you get brought down to his level, and then you get to have fun with that because you get to that content and get that same challenge that he's getting doing those quests. And look, you don't get a question awed, but it's a social game. You're playing with your friend and you're not You're able to play with him on the level that he's playing, so he's not bored doing nothing. That those kind of things bring life to the world because it's going to make level sixty players go back down and do things. Oh there's a raid that's happened in elwyn Forrest. Cool, I go down there. I'm part of that world. Now, I'm not walking in there like some god, swinging my weapon and mass killing everything inside your challenge. You're having fun, and all those zones that were kind of dead are no longer dead because all the players are there, with the leveling players desiring to go and do these things because you get rewards of your level, but you're part of the world and you're keeping it alive and making it so there aren't five people leveling in ellen Forest. There's actually forty people down there, all doing a massive event because Goldshire is under attack. That's great, that's fantastic. That's the world that I want to live in.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, I'm with you. I've played, well, we've talked about it before. I played Warhammer Online. Final Fantasy fourteen does similar stuff. I think the bulk of WOW players are against a bulk of Classic players are against austanty because they do, like they talk about a lot about not having their power progression feel you know, halted. You know, they they are obsessed with pressing that one button and decimating things because they feel, you know, other than the right of gone through the liveling progression. I am now mexicable. I've got the b skier. I want to storm shit.
Speaker 8: My my perspective would be that if you if you allow people to d level, then you invite people to the content that it's not intended for. So I think that the middle ground that I would want to take is put more events in each zone so that while you're there, you have more opportunities to get them. So if there's like, for example, like in a Raffi basin, the only really good rare is the guy that drops title charm, right, But if there were like four raars that drop things, if you miss the title charm, you still have like three other chances for there to be some rare in the zone while you're there level appropriate for you to get it, I think, and instead of like all these people flooding the zone that are not that level but then get d leveled, it's like then you just you. Because that's a problem with world wide is is you just create this massive feeding frenzy and nobody has fun. Because yeah, I mean it's novel to see like one hundred people in one place, but really only five of those people or ten of those people or twenty of those people are gonna get the thing, and so then the novelty of like them a lot of people being there is like not that great.
Speaker 1: So I think just up the.
Speaker 8: Amount of unique things per zone, you know, per level bracket or whatever, and then that way there's more things you can kind of bounce between if there are things that are down that would make.
Speaker 1: That would make those zones memorable to people while leveling through them.
Speaker 5: Ye, example, I want tied to Tom and my mate Josh, he's got a level of sixty and I want it. So I just got hey, Jock, can you come in here and beat the piss out of the sea so I can get the Great Autumn.
Speaker 8: Well, title charm is kind of unique in that it's such a good item past the item of the level that you get it at. But let let's say that these items are more like level appropriate and they don't you.
Speaker 5: Know, tis like you know, if you want to bait out someone else getting it, you go, hey, Josh, can you come down here and beat the piss out of this? Well, then it kind of does take the charm away from the player who doesn't have my mate, shure, he's got a level sixty to just come and completely wreck this one.
Speaker 7: Mob.
Speaker 5: If you were the leveled and brought down to say forty, and you went down, then you'd be helping your friend, not coming down there just to quickly wipe it.
Speaker 3: So, you know, you guess so.
Speaker 5: But if you if you've got PvP, that would be even better because then you'd both be fighting at an equal level.
Speaker 1: Don't get me started. Don't get me started on equal livees to PvP. Anyway, John's heard enough, he said, fuck this, I need to weigh in. How are you mate?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't really have anything to say. I just wanted to turn off my Twitch because I'm going to play and I just want listening on you guys. All good, all good. It's interesting to listen to. It's just like, okay, don't tell DC that.
Speaker 1: Don't tell DC, won't stop.
Speaker 2: It's still just the same thing though. It's like if once there's nothing out for you to get in the open world and people disappear and call it whatever you want to, you know, call it via farm, but once I don't need it anymore, the people just don't do that content.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 8: I mean, yeah, look, I'm not opposed to them adding more things that are, you know, appealing things to spend your time on trying to acquire.
Speaker 1: I'm not that way at all.
Speaker 8: I just you know, going back to my original point is like, as long as it's something that you have to actually put effort into doing, like you have to move your character physically through the world to get there, you have to spend a certain amount of time waiting for the thing to spawn, making sure you get the tag, killing it successfully without dying or getting griefed. As long as you have to do that so that when you have the item, people marvel at the fact that you have it, then I think that that's the most important thing to preserve, because that's what's lost, in my opinion, in the further iterations of the game where they want to equalize everyone's access to everything, and I kind of like that oppress nature of access in classic Wow is that you don't just get to get the all the things. You only get to get the things that you're willing to work towards. And some things are a giant fucking pain in the ass and they're horrible to actually acquire. But then once you get it, it's like you feel that power on your character forever. And I think that's like the thing that you want to preserve. So if you want to throw more things into the world that give people that opportunity, I'm totally for that, as long as we preserve that philosophy of like, you know, they look at you and they're like, oh, fuck, dude. That means this guy went to fucking a raffi and he waited there for like forty eight hours and need to fight a bunch of people in the water as a rogue. That fucking sucks, uh, and you know, and then had to like get the spawn and kill it and like had it. You know, I had to kill fucking god, I don't remember his name now, Emperor, title whatever. I had to kill him four times before I got my title charm, and I saw it drop once and gave it to the first time. It dropped on my first kill, but I was with her with somebody else, and I gave it to him instead.
Speaker 1: Oh, here we go. You've benevolent and wonderful person. Auntie. Let me let me just before I forget Antie, let me get you. I said, I was going to get you to vote on Rowe Hearim's suggestion of the World boss that once he gets killed, he immediately responds in a different part of the world. Were you on board with that suggestion or not?
Speaker 10: Oh? No, I love that.
Speaker 5: I love that regardless if it's the same boss or a different boss kind of thing or whatever it happens to be.
Speaker 2: I love the fact.
Speaker 5: And then make it so it's like maybe just like a yell announcement in things, so then you know it's all word of mouth, or you know, my mate said that he saw the world announcement, so you've got people rushing.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree John. Out of interest, if you want to get in on the jury on this one with you four or against that idea.
Speaker 2: Well I had to step away, and sorry, I'll explain.
Speaker 1: It to you, said. The suggestion, the suggestion from rowe Herem was what if we had a situation where a because we're talking about world bosses and whether people like instanced world bosses in SOD or if they like, you know, the lockdown able, grievable world bosses of Vanilla and whatnot. And rote hear Him came in and said, what if you had a world boss that just like, as soon as it died, it literally respawns straight away. Just he could respawn anywhere in the world, So there was kind of like a treasure hunting aspect to it, and you could only do it and you can and he goes like, once you could only get the kill once a week. So once you've done it for that week, your group was done and it instantly responds for another group somewhere in the world and they got to find it.
Speaker 2: I guess that sounds kind of classic. I just don't. I mean, and I guess it's classic because of the kind of friction. We're just like, hey, here's a time spender because you're just running around, well you're probably not even gonna run around. People are gonna wind up seeing it, or it's going to have like some sort of news flash in the zone and have some rp ooh this world boss has just appeared and he's going to some and bad stuff and you just have to get there before other people. I mean, it's it's whatever. I mean, I couldn't care. It's it is very classic there.
Speaker 5: I will say another system that Warhammer Online had that I thought always brought flavor of the world. Like we're all vain players. We all want our players characters to look amazing and stuff like that because we love standing in ogama and flexing whatever. But the achievement system in Warhamer Online where you got small rewards from like killing like five thousand boars, and it would be like a small little trophy that you can hang on your armor. Yes, a billion times over, please.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you mentioned that. I was going to say this half an hour ago Anti and thought, no, the guys will go after me for being a fucking retail fan in classic disguise.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Whatever, but I thought to that point I was going to say, like, I don't know how to word this correctly because it sounds like I want everything for nothing, but I don't. I was like, how do we make generic mob killer in the world more meaningful. And I'm like, oh, if I say something like more frequent, meaningful loot, well that's not really necessarily what I want. That just makes me sound like I want to fucking pinata available at all times by mowing down non eliteset level sixty or whatnot. But like I was, like, I wish there was some kind of system that if I were bored shitlers and I just want to go, just go on a killing spree and just go. I'm just killing every fucking mob I see tonight, and I'm not necessarily you know, chasing one item or a particular blue trading material or whatever it might be. I just want to go and mind numbingly kill mobs. How do you, like, how do you tie that into a value to the player? And I mean maybe your suggestion, is it anti? Like I was just sort of like, is there a way to get like we need to get players in the open world. That's the whole point of making the The world is the main character. So like, stop people raid logging, give them a reason to be like, no, bro, I'm not going to that dungeon. I'm going to the open world. And you know, maybe your suggestion is one something you could do.
Speaker 5: Anti Warmmer Online did a great the amount of titles that you could get, and look, they were titles that you would see constantly. You see them in WILPVP, and there were some people that you would see on the other time where they're told to be like, damn, that dude's put the work in, Like that's a really difficult thing to do. But little things like my Warrior priests had seals all over him, and I had a trophy on my little belt and I don't care if anyone else didn't see it. I think I look bad as I was standing with my big warhammer with like seals hanging off all over like seals is in the wamar online. The little standy's like waxing seals, not seals.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I look cool. And you see some like Destro players who have got like skulls hanging from their weapons and stuff, and those little flavor things make it so you wan to go and get them. They're all we're all grinders. We play a grindy game, and those things where it's like chill five thousand little rat folks. And you can get the title of like the Pied Piper. It's just like, oh my god, all right, I want to be Anti Cenan's the Pied Piper.
Speaker 7: Why not.
Speaker 2: My thing?
Speaker 1: My thing is less so sorry you go gigantor.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking about it.
Speaker 12: Something to keep people interested in other content, and that's like their level. Maybe open up the loop tables, they're not so restricted.
Speaker 1: My thing is less less like achievement based than Anti said, but maybe more of along the lines that you're going to gigant or where like I need something reward wise that at the MMO that wins at the end of the day. And I just said it, but I'll say it again, is the one that creates an equal argument in the player's mind for going to instance content versus non instance content. And you you should be genuinely torn about, Oh, I've only got an hour to play tonight. Do I do two dungeons or do I spend that hour chasing the thing or killing these mobs in the open world? You know, not because i'm you know, and I'm talking outside of gathering and just chasing you know, your title charm or whatnot.
Speaker 12: My thought is, you know, how mobs are currently tied to their level bracket for the items that they drop. Do you kill level five four, you'll probably get anywhere from level five to ten items that are usually green or blue.
Speaker 2: I would say I would like for that there'll be.
Speaker 12: A low chance of higher level items that could possibly drop outside of their brackets. So like a forty fifty items, but they're just as rare as those boe ethics that we see at the higher level of like fifty a sixty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think the ability to kill, Yeah, I don't think that's I think that's.
Speaker 12: A great one, extremely rare.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: So under no, But then gigant or the problem is you've opened the door for the mage to go down and spam arcane explosion on level one bores chasing that point one point zero one percent chance he'll get a phenomenal level sixty item. I'm I love you, I love that you're using your noodle, But I don't think that one's it.
Speaker 12: No, not that far technically extreme, So like a level five would get like a level forty green.
Speaker 2: Yet I'm okay.
Speaker 1: I still, I'm still here's what I'll take you, I'll take useless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, it's just a goal you can sell it for it.
Speaker 1: I'll take your idea, and just can I add this one thing though? Just he's what Gigantor has just said, luckily enough, has spawned this light bulb over my head. Tell me if I'm crazy for saying this. I think the concept of mobs dropping green items that are five levels below the level of the mob is incredibly archaic and I'm fucking sick of it, and I want mobs to drop there at level items. Yes or no to that one? I guess that's fine. I mean, does that past the smell test. I didn't even know that they were restricted to five five levels below? Baby, Oh, well you know that sucks. Yeah, so you're the you're the level thirty siks leveling paladine. Congratulations on your new level thirty one gloves. When you killed the level thirty siks mob.
Speaker 8: I mean, I guess it technically incentivizes people to actually run dungeons for gear that's level appropriate, and then if you're outside.
Speaker 1: You're just a little flower. I guess so, I ie.
Speaker 8: One thing that you said that I kind of want to poke at a bit is that you said so because this kind of like rubs me the wrong way is like, I don't you said that if you can only log on for like an hour a night, and I just kind of want to stop you right there. It's like, I don't think MMOs are games that you should be able to get a lot accomplished.
Speaker 1: If you only like have Yeah, but now now you're you're dangerously encroaching on you're living in a world that doesn't exist anymore. I mean, look, this is this is well, that's a great point.
Speaker 8: I think that's a great point as well. I was actually gonna say that, like I kind of think that the way that people play these games anymore is like I don't think that I think a lot of people like raid logging. I don't think that there is Like I think that if you take all these steps to make the world like the main character, you might just miss the mark and like just make a lot of content that a lot of people aren't going to engage with because I think that like, yeah, we're going to talk about player realities. I just don't think that's the way that people engage with these kind of games anymore. People like playing an MMO kind of seasonally, they've kind of been conditioned to play it that way and do the raid logging thing. Not really everybody wants to live and breathe. And this is why when you hear people like, God, what's the fucking rogues name that always says like bunk Hi, I forgot his name, but he he will advocate for like one layer servers and you know all these really strict and stringent kind of so like no queuing you know, things like that, or not no queuing of like like like uh, server caps and stuff like that, so that you are trying to like queue into the server to create these like social bonds and stuff like that. And it's you know, he's really trying to aim for you know, that wow of old, that vanilla of old kind of social experience. But I just don't think that the audience is really there for that anymore.
Speaker 1: So you do have to.
Speaker 8: Really it is a difficult It's very difficult. The game is like how do you how do you design it nowadays? Do you do you design it with preserving those old world principles in mind, or do you design it for the reality of like the way that people play video games.
Speaker 1: And that's the incredible difficulty because then do you think there's a lot you have to try and do both, and everyone would say, then you've already failed because you're trying to make a game for everyone. Sorry the guy you're trying to talk about sharp by the way. Yeah, but like this is the disagree more so, I'm just gonna run and chat to my wife for two second year.
Speaker 5: You have nothing to do people, right, look, because there is nothing to do that isn't just repetitive minority stuff in this game that is absolutely no reward up for a certain point, Warhammer Online has still got an absolutely beautiful private server running that gets three to four thousand players concurrently on there, and there is constantly people logging in to do PvP and to do world content they played because they want to play and they want to do things meaningful.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean it sounds like you're making my point for me. You're saying that there is like a small minority of players that love playing and spending all their time in a game like no matter what. And I agree with you, but I agree on the fact that it's a small minority. I think the vast majority of players the interface with games now are interested in the more fleeting you know, kind of like one hour sessions or like seasonal sessions where they kind of come in and they have a goal and they meet it within a week and then they kind of stop playing, like move on to something else. I would like it to be not the case, but I don't think that that is the case anymore. And I don't think that you could also have a game where the world is filled with so much content that is equal on rewards to the level of stuff that you would get in raids or whatever, because then you kind of defeat the purpose of doing the raids. So I think that that's just like I just think that that's just like a type of gamer that doesn't really like exist that much anymore. We're all nostalgic for it, and we also kind of it kind of appeals to us, you know. I was advocating earlier before about like getting rewarded for putting hours and hours and hours into the game, and I think that that's the philosophy that should be reserved. But I think that's a major turnoff for a lot of people. And that's why people do like Dungeon Finder and stuff like that, because they like, they're like, oh, I only have forty five minutes, so I want to be able to grind out three dungeons real quick and see if I get that one item that I need. I think that players like us that like really appreciate like living in the world, like treating this as our second life. I think we are in the minority.
Speaker 5: See, I just don't think it's true. I think that people have become like become this because of the world.
Speaker 1: I mean, the wider people buy gold.
Speaker 8: If people if people really loved being in the game and they just needed a reason to play, they wouldn't buy gold because they would just go grind it because the game is so enthralling.
Speaker 1: And that's a rule.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think I enjoyed people.
Speaker 1: I mean I disagree.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 8: What I disagree though, that I think grinding gold is fun. I think that like going to a place like I think going to tears Hand as a rogue and farming for an hour is really fun and really meaningful because I know that the gold that I make puts me ahead of other players. So now what we did we you know, we just disagree on this like subject subjective.
Speaker 5: Uh, don't get me wrong. I am currently right now and just sorry. And because I don't want to plays.
Speaker 3: I am that.
Speaker 8: I'm with you, Yeah, I'm with you, but like most people aren't like that, and they'd rather just pay a G two G and get it sent to their mail and then catch up.
Speaker 5: We like grinding because we enjoy grinding. They should be other things in the world that you can do to any money, and those things, unfortunately don't really ceaset in this card.
Speaker 8: That that kind of like blies like why gdkps are so popular because people only want the one thing in the game that they do to service all their needs.
Speaker 1: That's why. Because people only like rating.
Speaker 8: So that's why gdkps became a thing, because they're like, I could raid and make money at the same time, because otherwise, if you couldn't make money through rating, they would.
Speaker 1: Just fucking not do it.
Speaker 8: And we know that they don't because in the in the version of the game where gdkps are banned, they just buy it, So I.
Speaker 1: Do just think they don't stop. They also buy it in the version of the game that has gdkps. Sure, sometimes that too, I mean sometimes, not fucking sometimes all the time.
Speaker 8: I just think that like we we have to come to grips where like like you know, the classic community is stuff like that but you know, dude, there's people like God that there's that one guy that's part of this community and he's got the crazy fucking accent and he's like such a vanilla purist and he does like max round.
Speaker 1: About uhhana, thank you yah sahana. Yeah.
Speaker 8: You know people like that, you know, they're they're like fucking unicorns.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: They just we just don't exist in like big packs anymore. And it's like it is this these people that have been brought up on like battle passes and seasons and all this stuff, and like, I just don't think that they are really interested in engaging.
Speaker 1: With just dude, you know what.
Speaker 8: You know, one of the things that I find the most frustrating about discussing modern games with people is when they invoke dopamine. When they try and tell you how good a game is based on like.
Speaker 1: How much dopamine it gives you.
Speaker 8: I just want to rip their fucking heart out of their body and let them die, because you're missing the fucking pointing names used to get developed because they were just good on their own, you know. Like for example, when you level in Wow, when you level up and you ding, it's like, yeah, your character gets like a little light flash around it and it makes a big noise. But like the developer wasn't like, oh, this is gonna give them so much dopamine.
Speaker 1: They were just trying to make like a card settled down, settled down. You raise a good point. I just want to spring it back a little bit.
Speaker 8: Sorry, but I think that that's what like that what I'm saying is that, like, I think that that's what modern gamers have been.
Speaker 1: Trained to seek. They want stuff that is constantly giving them dopamine and giving them all these hits. They just can't see they missed the forest for the trees.
Speaker 8: They can't just play a.
Speaker 1: Game that is fun.
Speaker 8: It needs to be engineered to be dripping dopamine into their serotonin receptors or how the fuck your brain works all the time. And so I think that's what makes it not engage with the world, regardless of how much stuff you put in.
Speaker 1: Let me say these though, just on Sorry, I had to go out and talk to my wife for two seconds. I missed a bit of what you guys talked about. But I just want to say, hello, Ale, it is lovely to see you. You're more than welcome to join in chat. Hello Jason, my brother from another mother. Always good to see you. Look, I just want to bring it back to something we were talking about before I got up. What I was getting at DC is and this is a really contentious point to bring up when we talk about the development in the direction of classic plus where I've said it a few times on the show and pass where you know, take a drink every time I say that, where I've been getting at whilst you never want to lose that classic essence and like the thought of you know, not giving rewards to people who have done nothing, and I do not subscribe to the congratulations you logged on, here's your epic sword, you timed your name correctly, you have BIS armor like I've never been a member pastor Yeah, I've never been that guy, but what I am is like this is hard to say. But like with the market of twenty twenty six classic players, like we say we are an aging mum and dad fan base. There is this eternal struggle going on now of do you make this do you make the game of two thousand and four and force your audience to adapt, or do you make the game for the twenty twenty six age level of that old two thousand and four audience that don't have a much enough not enough as much time on their hands. So like, as much as it sucks saying both, it's you want that epic classic scale. But my point, and I've talked about this like one or two episodes ago DC, my thing is if you have an MMO where you legitimately look your players in the eye and you go, you've got you've only got an hour to play, fucking good luck, you're not getting anything done in this game, then your game is fucking doah.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I do think this is like a bit of a design paradox, and I don't know what the answer is. And I guess what I would say is like, if you have an hour to play, you know, you could get like some herban and some mining done or something like that, right, But I don't think you should expect to be able to make meaningful strides on your character the way that you can and like retail.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon, you know, like we talked about this like three weeks ago, do you reckon you should be able to run a dungeon and an oil.
Speaker 8: I mean, I I'm not against the dungeon taking less than an hour. But the way that world of workraft Classic works is that you know and the and the and this is why I I I like always remember this about you is like you hate the whole, Like, oh, you got to find the tank, and then you got to fill the group, and then someone leaves, you got to place them, and then you got to walk there and not ever runs at the summoning stone and then you know, but the thing is that everybody has to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, perfect, saying you walked in. If you're all in the dungeon, you're at the start of the dungeon. Are you on board with that taking an hour or less? Oh yeah, of course.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But but I'm I always approach it from the fact that, like you have to go through all the social Okay, I understand that. I understand that. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't talk about the reality and how people are actually playing Classic. They're getting they're buying fucking summons. So once you get your group and nobody has to get there, nobody's waiting there, they're they're paying a goddamn bot. I mean, you know, I mean, then it sounds great, it's it sounds very noble, but it's just not how even the classic player base is interacting with the problem.
Speaker 8: I mean, let's be real, there's not like a summoning bought at mardon My like Lights Hope Chapel, and they're at like Tenario.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get boked down. It's just fine. I don't get boked down in that. What I'm saying is without retailifying everything. And I don't necessarily use retail as a dirty word, but I understand why people bring it up in this kind of an argument. I'm like, I understand that the vast majority of us being MMO game is we play in bulk time slots. We do sit down, generally speaking, for three to four hours at a time. I'm going to play some Wow Classic and you're there for fucking quite a while. I get that, but I still really do like like to preserve the concept of if I look at my watch and I go, oh, I know I have to go to dinner at six I have to walk out the door and get in the car at six pm. It is currently five pm. I would like to log onto World of Warcraft and do something that somehow counts towards my character's progression right in some some minor medium or meaningful way. I want to be able to feel that I can do that, as opposed to looking at my watch and going, oh god, it's five pm. I have to leave for an I leave in an hour. I can't play Wow now because I don't have enough time.
Speaker 10: I got that kind of an idea that might apply to that a little bit.
Speaker 8: Back in.
Speaker 10: It was either misipend Area Original or Cataclysm. I was a lot younger, and I was really young. I don't have enough time on the family computer to actually be able to like play as much as I do now, because that's how I was, but I won't say how young that was anyways. So it became for me, I'm leveling up a character, and I didn't have that much time to do it. But I found out, for whatever reason at that time, doing battle grounds while leveling up actually gave you a significant amount of.
Speaker 1: XP and honor.
Speaker 10: So I could just jump on do two or three battlegrounds and that would have given me like, I don't think it was like like at least half of the level. But I was also getting enough honor so that when I made it to max level, I was able to buy a full you know, like your starter kit or whatever. So anyways, my point in saying that is, what if there were more? But like the other day, I did a setic calls on the level sixty six rugue that I have, but I got a piece of level seventy loop. What if you threw in little things that you can do while leveling up that will give you your prebius once you get there, or at least give you, like I don't know, little edges getting ready for it as you're building up, or they're giving you honor, or at least enough honor that's significant enough that you can actually buy pieces when you reach Max's level.
Speaker 1: You coining know what I'm saying, Well, this is a combination of a couple of things we talked about before with Giganta's idea that he got fucking decimated for talking about letting people get higher level items from lower level mobs, but then also anti andize point about giving players a reason to kill mobs outside of very very rare chase items like your title charms. So like, I don't know if like.
Speaker 8: Not necessary replications.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing that Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean I feel like that's I mean, I you know that I thought the whole, Like, wanting reason to kill mobs is kind of a weird There are a lot of reasons to kill mobs in the game already, So I don't know, I felt like.
Speaker 1: That was a you can say, a weird shit thing to say. You can say that, I'm I guess I'm meaning yeah, No, that's.
Speaker 8: Not exactly how I feel about it, But yeah, I thought it was an odd concern to have because I feel like there's plenty of incentive in the game already to kill you know, they are specific mobs. You can't just go out and kill like whatever. You can't just go like from the bottom of fell would to the top of fell, would and kill everything and expect to get anything more than just like the gray trash items that they drop. But if you stay in the bottom of fell, would and kill for bugs, you're staying in the top of fell would and kill for bugs, You'll get in chants and tailoring patterns and all sorts of stuff. Yeah, but reputation.
Speaker 1: But the only thing is you're right, you're spot on. The only thing is those examples are literally like number one few and far between, and number two. Like again, the example is oh, he's he's a small tiny area in the world. If you you know, kill these, you know, twenty five fur bolgs that you know a lot of other people around you are trying to kill, then you'll get reputation. That's cool, it works, But I'm sort of trying to expand on that and make it at a grander scale. But like, reputation is a really good thing to bring up, and like I fully expect Classic Plus to absolutely expand on the reputation concept, and like I think that's a really good thing to shut me up and come back with. Is like all right, like what if there were just more reputations and like there were more meaningful kills in the world that if you go out and just kill shit for an hour, you don't have to sit there and hope for a good loot drop. You've actually made progression.
Speaker 8: Well, I've personally had like ideas about how they could do this with like crafting systems and stuff like that. Like, for example, I thought, you know, rather than needing to like grind spiders to get like spider silk or something like that, you could have like a bolt of silk in your inventory, and if you kill like thirty spiders, it will upgrade into like the material that you need rather than like having to get the drop. But that's completely like a different game or like something comprehensively that they'd have to, you know, implement it to their game and change. It's a whole different philosophy. But I think that if they do improve crafting, that they could add more recipes to various mobs out in the world that would make it worth farming them. For example, like going back to the King Mosh thing, like the fact that it only spawned three times a week. Basically for every server they eventually patched in that you could farm regular Devil Sours and they would have like a point one percent chance to drop the recipe or whatever, because you know, if you were one of the Basically, my guild monopolized it for like a week, like that first week of multen Core or whatever, we monopolized the pattern, and you know, the guy that had the leatherworker in our guild made like one hundred thousand gold like plus, and you know, and then once we were in like week two of multicorep or whatever, Blizzard patched in that it dropped off like regular Devil Sours, and then the price of the pattern plummeted, and you know, there were a couple of them on the age like every other day or whatever. So I think that's kind of a good way you could go about it, is just make crafting more relevant, like throughout the game, and then make more mobs drop rare patterns so that they are worth farming. But that kind of gets back to your point of like you're just killing something for like a very very low drop rate, like a Crusader and Chan or something like that. But I personally like doing stuff like that, And again, I think it's very important to have the reason that it's good to have specific places and specific things to drop it is because it incentivizes the people of opposite factions to mix, you know, personally on side, I killed a shaman at the tower where Crusader drops while he was killing a mob, and then I killed that mob and and drop Crusader, and so I know that I fucking stunted on that guy and got his Crusader and Chan, and I'll never forget that.
Speaker 1: Can you ever tell a story that doesn't involve you some rogue? Like what do you what do you want from me?
Speaker 8: I'm out there killing people all the time, that's the whole fun.
Speaker 7: Part of it.
Speaker 1: I must say, like, I will be bitterly disappointed if they haven't done a genuine, incensey overhaul of professions if if classics they did good work on it, And they did, they did, and I hope they keep on that line, because like if you turn into just his basically the engineering or the leather working you've always known with ten new recipes, like, that's this fucking lame. I've also said they they must. They won't, but they must like almost redesigned gathering in a bot filled world, like you must readdress the way that you approach gathering. They won't, but they might. And I know people be like you, how did you change gathering where there's a fucking will there's a way, it's just you can.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I feel like you could code it in a way that like if somebody else took the node, like it's still there for you to loot as well, and like disappears based on some kind of code in your character that's unique to you.
Speaker 1: There's something you could do. But they saything like that. Yeah, if they don't, they're not going to work on the bots, then they have to work on the things that the bots affect.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: So anyway, now, look, Gigantor, to be fair, do you want to pipe up? He feels he's been unfairly shitit on for his suggestion, Gigantor, do you want to repeat what you said in chat?
Speaker 2: I've been expanding on it in chat and I'm driving at the moment. Would be a little difficult.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll do it for you, he said, Fuck every single one of you, especially DC Green. I do love how I get shit on with my idea about Maiji's majors farming low level mobs for higher level items when they already do that in Tannerus with level forty mobs for world epics. Screw all of you, Josh sucks, That's what he said verbatim. Actually, yeah, exactly, So there you go.
Speaker 8: Well, I do take issue with that. I just want equal potential to profit at all time.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: That gets back to my you know, I think that people that have more time, you know, obviously should be rewarded, and that people that have more motivation to make hey, what with the time that they do have, you know, to get back to Josh, is like, if you only have an hour, you know, if you log in with just an hour to play, and like four of your brands need a fifth to run a dungeon, and they can summon you, like, you know, you should be able to get some in and do that dungeon with them in under an hour. But you know, in order to facilitate that not happening, you have to change the way the classic works drastically, like travel times and all that stuff. And you know, I know that the friction thing comes up a lot, and there is a debate to be had about how much friction is good and bad and whatever, But I just don't think that you want to go changing kind of the fundamentals of what we're all kind of accustomed to already, so that those are things that I'm like lyre to touch on.
Speaker 1: But then we're here here.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I didn't mean to interrupt you. I apologize, but I just want to second here to clarify me, just.
Speaker 8: Because right here mention that he you know, there are activities that you can do that improve your character within an hour, Like you could do two PvP matches, right, you could do like two rathi basins, or like two worse on culchrees or something like that.
Speaker 1: So it's not like every door needs to be closed off to you.
Speaker 8: But you know, I do think that like the amount of things that you can do to improve your character should kind of be tied to the amount of time that you can spend, and that the longer that you should be able to spend that, the more you should get rewarded.
Speaker 1: Oh don't, I don't quibble with that. I think that's perfect. An ArkOS would have just fucking exploded hearing you say that he loves that, DAC, I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is my point is not to lock that off what you've just suggested, but also not to give nothing to the people with no I mean sorry, I head up with this. Okay, if you have no time to play, well that is problematic. But if you can play in little busts still have something to be able to chase.
Speaker 2: So DC, I agree with you.
Speaker 13: If you look back at the chat, it with sarcasm the way I was saying, like everyone should have the same shit for having that, I'm just completely going after majors and Paladin's like beating a dead horse. I don't understand why they've kept it this way for so long and they've only touched on it a few times where they've tweaked their a Wii farming like remember and sod and some they fucked over mages and valleys and it's still to.
Speaker 1: This day like that, I don't remember, like all the dramas.
Speaker 13: So they made it of the mobs teleport on you if you tried cutting them. They made it so that they break at Staremans.
Speaker 2: So they tried. I give them credit for trying.
Speaker 13: My thing is, like you said, I want everyone's effort to be rewarded for their level of effort. I guess I can't extrapolate it on my wording there, but I want it to show that you tried, that you put in the effort, and in relation to that, I think the possibility for profit should be in relation percentage wise. So no, I don't think like a level one should be able to get a little sixty epic and go get a ship ton of.
Speaker 2: Money for it.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's what you just fucking said.
Speaker 7: In it.
Speaker 10: I'ming what problem.
Speaker 1: Are we trying to solve here? Nonly don't don't jumping here people, gigantle, you're on You're on a rabbit hole.
Speaker 13: Morning all and majors specifically for profit.
Speaker 2: I think that's the issue, all right, but.
Speaker 8: I don't really take an issue with that. I think that's like something that's unique to the class, right, and then all the other classes have to come up with creative solutions.
Speaker 1: To I'm going to jump in well, I'm gonna jump in here. We are not falling down the gigant or rabbit hole, all right, point noted point discussed point over. We are not doing an hour on this kind of what if anyway. What I might actually do is we might start to wrap up because I'm getting very hungry and I want to go play drums. Is there any final epic points we have to get out from the news this week or from any I hope this is in classic plus kind of angles.
Speaker 5: Mine is far from epic. It's more like a common level of thing that I wish was in the game. It's from Epoch and it's the tiniest little flavor thing on the planet. But they made it so whatever you were killing is what would drop. So if you were killing a caster, it would only drop cast a gear. If you were killing a MA league kind of mob, it would only drop the league get and I just thought that was just such a lovely little thing that the things actually dropped what they were supposed to drop off. I just liked it it as flavor, It.
Speaker 1: Was fun, fair enough DC. Any final thoughts, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I I think everything that I would want to say about like Classic Plus is kind of pie in the sky, And really it really hinges on Blizzard just doing.
Speaker 1: More quality assurance.
Speaker 8: You know, we always talk about like protecting the players from themselves or that's kind of their philosophy is that they I feel like they used to do that. More is kind of protect the players from themselves. And I just think that there's been a lot of really weird habits and things that have been developed over time that create a lot of degenerat Like one thing I was thinking about with Antecedent's remark there was, you know there are items in the game, like edge Master's handguards right that are like, for whatever reason, have just become this like marquee item over the players gaining knowledge, and they drop from like every every mob and that level range or whatever. But that it does create this like you know, that's the thing that like gives the incentive for bots to like float under a Scarlet Monastery and like loot chests and do all this weird shit, And I wish that there was just something that they could do and that they would make it kind of a priority to snuff things out that have developed over time that are just really degenerated and make the players behave in like really weird ways, because it does break the immersion of this being like a fantasy world that we spend our time in and it instead becomes kind of like a economy simulator or just this weird like race to the bottom kind of capitalistic thing that the game didn't like used to be. And I don't know if they will, and maybe just like the best that we can hope for is that they add so much like additional kind of layers of gameplay that it is like a distraction from those kind of things, or at least, you know, makes those things like less prevalent, So that would be kind of I know that the Blizzard deves do sometimes listen to these podcasts, so like, I really hope that they kind of like got their ducks in a row on like snuffing out some of those grease fires that are all over the world of Warcraft landscape. You know, I think that if you again, if you just gave us vanilla classes and good new zones and then you spend the rest of the project budget, I'm eliminating all the bot and degenerate behavior that is, like, you know, rife within the player base. Now, I think I think that you'd have a smash product on your hands and and people be willing to pay sixty.
Speaker 1: Dollars box price for it.
Speaker 8: But you know, that's that's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, all right, guys, look we might wrap it up there. That's been a really good one. Thank you so much for today. Can I just end on this note? Do you guys realize how ridiculously close Please Con is? Like where we're two and a half months away? Now we're ten Wait, like, what are we off to the ten week mark? Let me double check here? When is it? It's eleven twelfth of September. There, you guys three months away? Well hang on, look at one, two, three, four, six, seven, eight eleven twelve. We have twelve weeks away from please Con. That is three months.
Speaker 8: Pretty cool, so I said earlier, the time in which they dropped these quote unquote leaks or whatever is very percon If they were trying to do like a quarter level of marketing and hype, right, Yeah, Like the Monday, the Monday of the beginning of twelve weeks, they dropped these fucking you know, these very subtle breadcrumbs of like what could be happening. I think that that's what really flipped me over on. You know, this could be the reality that we've all been speculating. Yeah, compared to any anything else, it just seems all way too serendipitous to be coincidence.
Speaker 1: Campcy's doing the thing that I mentioned on the last episode, where at a certain point it might be some people might consider taking a bit of a break to whet their whistle for Classic Plus, not that it's mandatory for some people, but some people never have their wow flame extinguished. So I totally get that. But I've definitely done that. I haven't played much well. I've been tooling around with the CATA private server over the last couple of weeks, and that's just given me something to do, not too serious. I will dive a little bit back into TBC now that I've got more time up my sleeves. I'll dabble here and there no promises we'll see what happens. But I now that we're coming into like serious like I said, twelve weeks away from Blizcon's serious time. I you know, if this product is coming out in like October November, I'll want to give myself, yeah, like two to three months of like a good like wet the wow whistle thing and maybe sort of starve myself a little bit. We shall see. But yeah, guys, thank you so much for everything, all you guys who contributed Anti John DC, Giganta, Thanks guys, and obviously to Blaster who is so fantastic earlier. And we shall see you guys later. And that's been Countdown to Classic for the day. Everyone, Thank you so much for listening along to all of that. Of course, this would not be happening without the following amazing people who are so patient with me, riding with me through these month long gaps between episodes to still support what we do here at Countdown to Classic. They are Flowsy B. Bucker Ham, Honey Badger, Grimois Plays, all the Mighty Doloman, Jaron h Skate, Campsey and Tanyon, And thank you so much to all the five dollars, two dollars and one dollar patrons as well. Thank you so much, guys, and we'll see you next time. I don't countdown a classic. Maybe we'll know more. We shall see