Speaker 1: Seven oh six, I think about HAIRCB Talk station. Brian Thomas wishing everyone. I'm very happy Friday. I love my Fridays, and I love talking to folks, and I love particularly when folks I'm talking to are in studio. And thank you Jonathan Pearson, running for Hamilton County Commissioner, for joining me in studio to talk politics for a while here. Jonathan, good, have you Ron? Good?
Speaker 2: Thank you Ryan. I appreciate it. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Uh nothing really to talk about in the world of politics, is there.
Speaker 2: No, it's a slow.
Speaker 1: World and it's uh, you know it. May you live in interesting times. These are such boring times, it is, Jonathan. The first thing I said to you when you came in the studio was like, commissioner race has really really, really been very low key. It's sort of like it's just off in the distance someplace they haven't known. There's no racous debates and no finger pointing and no you know, prominent you know, display of alternative viewpoints why you should vote for me and why you shouldn't vote for her, that kind of stuff. Not a lot of reporting on the commissioner's race either, any I mean, are you in agreement with me?
Speaker 2: On that jam.
Speaker 1: Since you're the candidate, I mean, you would know better than anybody else.
Speaker 2: It's been very interesting because people I've spent more time explaining what the Commission does, right, because most people stare at me, go what is it? So what? I always my tagline is it's the most boring important job in the county. Oh, that's a wonderful way of putting it. Because we deal with a lot of money.
Speaker 1: It is the largest chunk of which is the Sheriff's department. Of course we're all pulling for Sheriff Jim Neil or Jim Neil former sheriff. I think he's the best qualified for the job. And I don't recall anytime that Jim Neil had his firearms stolen from his vehicle.
Speaker 2: No, don't. I don't think Jim would be the type to leave it in his car either.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, and even can you remember the lock your junk in your trunk campaign to avoid smashing grabs? Yeah? Yeah, Physician heeled iself just nexter plugging there for Jim Neil because I really supported he's a good guy. And of course Hamilton County prosecuted Melissa Power is so important to keep her for Oh, extremely, she's tough on crimes.
Speaker 2: She's the last She's literally the last one in America that a major city for Republican.
Speaker 1: Oh, that is so disheartening.
Speaker 2: It is because of the fact that the average Republican thinks of their community as a safe, vibrant place to walk around and do what they want to do. And let's just think of these cities that we start talking about. Just name one, Detroit, Cleveland, you know, let's be local Indianapolis, and you say, well, there's not a high crime in there. The FBI just secretly snuck in the new crime status. I saw that and uh huh shocker. They went up sixty five percent under Biden. Gee, I'm stunned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and it's interesting. You know, honestly, I'm surprised that data came out before the election, correcting the record in advance.
Speaker 2: Well, they corrected it actually in September. That's how quiet they did it. We didn't even know that, and it was found by accident, by I think it was of all things like USA today, it's hard to wish. You would have never figured they would bring it forward.
Speaker 1: Not exactly your conservative leaning newspaper. Is that Jonathan Well let's talk about your qualifications. You're running for Hamilton County Commissioner. Clearly you understand the job, since you're going around and explaining it a lot to folks. But by way of background and what qualifies you to the extendingbody really needs to be qualified for public office anymore. Quite often, like for example, in the prosecutors race, some are not qualified that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm stunned. But the Democrats were willing to put up somebody who is nothing but a perennial runner.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, she runs for everything but qualified for nothing.
Speaker 1: And it's I think their belief, and I think it's a well founded belief, at least if you're a betting man that Hamilton County is blue. Now, so if you can just really run anyone with a D after their name, they're going to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I would like to think, for you know that the D in this case would stand at least for demonstrating some talent. But I can't say that of that particular person. You don't want to put her name on the record. Do you want to remind my listeners who you're running against, because Adam Kaylor also has an opponent? Yeah, you know, We're running against three House and Reese for the Commissioner's office. And the reality is that I wanted to run because there's a lot of money that we're talking about. I mean, I don't think people understand how much money that the commissioners deal with. One point three billion dollars and you know, deals with all the moneies that come in from property taxes and from the sales tax. It doesn't go to the city. The rest is going through the county and we deal with that, and those go to the various projects that you are go around, and the most notable to everybody as a sewer system and the mngals Stadium and the convention Center. Well those are monstrously large ticket items and I don't think people realize what that means to their day to day life in this little or we call Hamlet County. And my whole goal was simple, let's go in and just as I say, am I thing well studied budget. Everybody wants to have these fancies terms a balance structured budget, which is just a lie. It's we've managed to fool you so you're stupid enough to not look. That's their hope. The reality is well studied budget is where you go line by line by line and you just start picking that thing apart and you look at it and say, do we really need one hundred million for all of these things? Do we need this job to be five million can be done at three, This job for five may need actually seven million, And then we start getting this So when we go to things like the sheriff's office, which is extremely important and one of the largest things we fund, we actually have the money. We can look at a good sheriff neal and say, hey, what do you really need the money for? And you know, do you need more for more deputies? Do you need this? Because right now the sheriff's offices is funded ridiculously well for the people that are there, and they're losing.
Speaker 1: People are down.
Speaker 2: They'll she'll say that there's plenty of people in there because their HR department said, no, actually it's going up. Well, as I mentioned in one interview, sure it's going up. Because when you're in a hole, there's only one way out, you know, So when that many people walk away and you hire one more person, well you've got you know, you're really on the move now. And the challenge that we're facing and all of that is why are they leaving. See, when we work politics from identity as opposed to talent, it stops at the door because once I see you at the door, I know what you are. Whether you want to say that you're you're gay, or you're black, or you're white, or you're jew or whatever, all of that becomes pointless when you sit down at the table to do the job. And so now it's may.
Speaker 1: On behalf of every resident of the county. Yeah, and we're made up of a real wild mix of folks here in Hamilton County.
Speaker 2: That's the beauty at this county. I know, man, I know, I think that's the beauty of this county because when I was I grew up in Springfield, Ohio. There's a nice city to nothing going on there, you know. So, but it was interesting because in my background I went to school in an inner city Catholic school. And it was inner city in every way except where it was Catholic. But everything you expect to happen inner city school. I mean we had to step over drunks and drug addicts to get into the building. Okay, sometimes I have to call sister and sister so and so is drunk and he's blocking the door and we can't open it. I mean, that was my school. And when I moved to Cincinnati, I was stunned to meet people that didn't go to school with black people. I didn't know that that was even possible. So to come down to a community that got that started to be more leaning towards an identity as opposed to a community was a little strange to me. And so I really got more involved in community itself. And I love this county. You know, I live in Fairfax. I love our little burg. It's very interesting little burg. In regards that I always joke and somebody said, weren't you concerned about the riots. I said, no, they'd discover that we believe in the Second Amendment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't see me riots in either.
Speaker 2: Now the Fairfax is not going to have a ride anytime soon, just because of the reality. We firmly believe in the Second Amendment. But the reality is that, you know, I looked at it more from the community standpoint and everything that I got involved in, I never worried about somebody's identity other than they identified as being part of the group. And I think that's true when we look at the Commission's office. We look at it from the budget standpoint. We're not trying to pigeonhole something to one thing. You know, right now, they keep throwing money at this and say, see, we're giving money to help this person. We're giving me money to help this person, this group. Why aren't we helping somebody to actually stand up on their own two legs and move forward. This is the infamous Give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach him how to fish, feed him for a lifetime, and he becomes one of those community leaders. Well, that's what our challenges in the county. People are tired of being given fish, so they're leaving. It's the same thing we're seeing at the Sheriff's department, and we've got to get people to be part of this community and get away from the identity of look at my individual You have to recognize my personal individual identity as opposed to a Hamiltonian County resident.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm in favor of merit. You know, the whole concept of equity is you don't have someone of a particular gender in the mix. Well, if there is someone of a particular gender out there who is both best qualified for the job. Get that person out here and have them run for the race.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean that's the point. Color of skin doesn't matter. It's content of character in this particular case, merit and ability to handle the affairs of Hamilton County on behalf of all Hamilton County residents. Simple concept. Yeah, that's it. We'll continue with Jonathan Peterson. Will take quick break care mention my friends, because you can still take care of your safety and strongly any time of year. You can take care of your safety with Chimney Care fireplace and stow. But I always just look at it like, look, it's getting cold. You're going to be using the fireplace, the free standing stove, the woodway pellet stove. Get it safety taken care of now, so you don't have anything to worry about when you're starting to use it on a regular basis. Let's see, you don't have a free standing stove you've been dreaming about. Oh, I've always won on one in the corner right there. They're so awesome and they put off lots of heat. Get it installed now. They have a huge selection to those over the Chimneycare fireplaces though showroom located at four thirteen Ward's Corner Road. Also fireplace censerts, get one or replace the old one. In my case, the old one well was a fire hazard, and that's what an inspection determined. Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove will thoroughly inspect your chimney and everything related to it, whether it's gas or wood burning, video camera inspection. It could be water damage in there. They fix water damage, They replace linings, do the installation, maintenance and everything. You can call them with confidence. They have an A plus with a better business bureau and do great work. And thanks again to those folks for maybe saving my life or at least preventing my house from burning down. Call them up, schedule appointment five to one three two four eight ninety six hundred, five to one three two four eight ninety six hundred, have them cleaned your dryer, event out when they're out, or just call them for that reason. Loan online. Learn more all about it at chimneycareco.
Speaker 2: Dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: If you, here's your Channel nine first warning weather forecast sunny in sixty seven today, clear over night forty two sonny tomorrow for U See's homecoming game. Going up to seventy two degrees with clear skys over night at lower forty four sunny on Sunday as wellwty three for the high right now it's thirty nine degrees.
Speaker 3: Let's hear what Chuck has on traffic from the UC Health Tramphing Center. Mammograms Save Vibes called five one three five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with U see Health's experteen. That's five one three five eight four pink. Cruise continue to work with an accident at northbound two and seventy five at the ramp to twenty eight. The right lane and the ramp are currently blocked off. You're backing up pasts to the Parkway northbound seventy five.
Speaker 2: There's a wreck above twelve Street in Covington.
Speaker 3: That tram fake now backing up pass Dixie over a ten minute delay. Chuck Ingram month fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty or seven twenty rather come up in seven twenty one to THIK five Kerce. He talks Stasian Brian Thomas enjoying my in studio conversation with Jonathan Pearson, who's running for kind of commissioner, saying wise, rational thinking human being. Amazing that someone like that is trying to enter politics doesn't care about identity politics because he knows it doesn't matter a whit at all. What are you gonna do for the county? He related a story to me he met some guy who introduced himself as a gay man. He's like, I'm straight, and the guy got a little bit offended, and you had an interesting back and forth with that, ultimately proving to the guy it does not matter. Now you haven't even told me your name yet. You said to the guy like, oh mo, name's Bill, and you shake his hand and it's like taking aback. And you know there aren't enough people like you to kindly, not angrily, or just point something like that in a very friendly, subtle way. Oh I'm straight?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well what does that matter? Exactly?
Speaker 1: That was your opponem so and Yhow we do have one politician running for re election in the county that really starts every conversation with I'm a lesbian. Does it matter? Are you doing the job effectively?
Speaker 2: And you are?
Speaker 1: Are you a good manager of people? Are your people happy to be in your environment working with you? And I think across the board pretty much. The answer is no. In certain departments. Beyond that, Jonathan, you mentioned the sewer system, we're still onder that federal consent to CREE. Correct. Yeah, let's talk about that a little bit, because I know it is what multi billion dollar project. Some projects like this deep tunnel they wanted to build were so dumb and so outrageously expensive. We've been able to pair that back a little bit. But where's what's the status of this and what would Jonathan Pearson be doing relative to the sewer system.
Speaker 2: Well, the one thing that fascinates me about the sewer system is I do a lot of maintenance for people, So I clean out sewers, I'll do whatever, you know, and I take care of things. So I'm used to doing stuff that nobody sees. You know, your Pierson landscape and my Peerson's landscape, and so what I see because I actually do maintenance within that company too, and so I do a lot of stuff that once it's all covered up, nobody saw what I did. And that's exactly what the sewer system is. So nobody's seeing it. So it's not like seeing the stadium redone, or a new convention center or an addition to the convention center. Yet it affects every one of us. It affects every one of us in an enormous way because flush your toilet there you go, you just use the sewer system. Well, the challenge is who's actually checking to make sure that we're doing these things. If you go down to Fairmont.
Speaker 1: And these things would be the solution the problems that are designed to fix the overflows.
Speaker 2: And part of it was the rain sewer. The rain water and the regular sewer were mixed, and you know, and we have a like we did that just the other day. We had that massive water come through. And you mix that with your regular sewer, your sewers can't handle that. And for some people in certain neighborhoods they discover over that painfully. And you know, and you're not being backed up with nice clean water either. And for the longest time, the metro sewer's way of repairing that was here, here's a thousand bucks, get somebody to clean it up. And you know, it's still that went into your basement. Let's just think about that for a second. I know you like my dog pooping in the house, so why would I want yours in my house? Yeah, and so the same thing. But I but this is where the FED stepped in and said, hey, you can't. That's not a fix, that's not even a solution, and so they said you have to do this. Well, this is the ready shoot aim mentality that we did with the stadium. We're doing with too many things, or did it with this and metro sewer the same thing got tagged across the river at st One there. That's their comparable system, and so they have to segregate all these systems. Well, that's easier said than done when you've got a lot of buildings sitting on top of the sewer systems, because it's not just as simple as digging up the street and putting in a new pie. There are buildings in the way, there are streets in the way, there's infrastructure in the way. And Fairmont, as I mentioned before, if you use that as a great example, you go down there and is this nice little running creek for the mill creek and stuff. Well it might be nice, But to the residents that lost their homes, and businesses that lost their businesses, and the parking lots that are all missing, that's the effect of what happens when we start sticking homes all over the place without thinking of how to get rid of the water and waste.
Speaker 1: Well, and I suppose, you know, somebody made the decision that those homes weren't worth saving, and that this project, this greener way of you know, filtering out the water and creating this nice park in an area that really was rather run down. I don't think any you can acknowledge that it was.
Speaker 2: It had its challenges, but you know, a challenge doesn't mean that isn't somebody's home. And I think sometimes we forget that part, and that's there are other ways to manage to the water without destroying whole neighborhoods. But when you start getting into the green movement and you want to put the green movement in something that even though it's practical draining off storm water, you don't need to have a big, old, super wide creek with the park sitting to the side. When you just took away Granny's home. At a certain point, where does green stop?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I always say that, people say, well, yeah, but you know, with all this urban sprawl and all these different things, and then within the city we've got of this. I always laugh and I say, I blame it on God. He's the first one to make people have to move. He kicked him out of the garden. So you know, if we get over worried about having to build a new home and different things going on, that's just part of the human progress, you know, So don't be panicked by it. But we'll incorporate, you know, what we're doing within that. And you know, I think that that's the great challenge that we're facing right now with the sewer project is people don't want it to happen in their neighborhood. So let's go down to this neighborhood and we'll make it green down here. Because I guarantee you that sewer project that that kind of a cut wouldn't occurred in the middle of Hyde Park.
Speaker 1: They also don't get a whole lot of Section eight housing being.
Speaker 2: So well, the connected community is trying to change that. Oh, I know, let's pause, is are out of time. We got a lot more to talk about it, including the stadium deal. More with Jonathan Pierce, So you can find him online. Go to Hamilton County Republican Party dot org. He's got his page right there. As one of the pull down menus, get in touch with plump Tye Plumbing. It's always plumbing done right.
Speaker 1: Speaking of sewerage, maybe your sewers backed up, your house has got a backup problem, your some pump went belly up, bad time to do it in heavy rain. But those things happen, they'll be an emergency. I would argue, at least it could be. They're great at emergency service. Plump Type plumbing. Can you just go online to plump tight dot com. Just put a request in for an aployment. They'll get right back to you. They called me within five minutes. I scheduled appointment online on a Sunday. It wasn't an emergency. I'm just giving you giving them credit for being so quickly to get back. Hey an a plus with a better business bureau, so they can fix that, you know, backed up, some pump problem. Any plumbing job, deal with water pressure issues, drain cleaning solutions. If it's residential plumbing, they will help you out from northern Kentucky all the way up through Dayton. So Mom, yes, you can call plumb Type for that work you want on your downstairs basement like I told you to the other day. Plumb Tight they'll take good care of you. They better they're gonna hear from me. I know they will. Five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three five one three seven two seven tight online. Visit them at plumtight dot com fifty five KRC. In this week's Marketers Report, here we go, the UH Forecast Channel nine says it's going to be a sunny day for the most part. Today's sixty seven for the HI Tomorrow tonight down to forty two with clear skies homecoming. Go U see perfect day for a game, sunny sky's highest seventy two overnight clear forty four Sunday also sunny and forty seventy three or out of forty four overnight thirty eight. Right now, it's time for traffic from.
Speaker 3: The UCL Triumphant Center. Mammograms saved vives called five one three five eight four. Paint the schedule you're annual Mammograham with UCA Health experteam. That's five one three five eight four. Paint new accident he's found on one twenty nine before you got the seven forty seven is quickly banking traffic pasts by past four, still working seven forty seven at one nine from an earlier wreck northbound seventy five, crawling out of Florence into downtown. Whip the right lanes blocked off just before you got the twelfth street. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty one year, fifty five KERR City Talk Station, Brian Thomas with a race for County Commissioner that's running way low under Reverdy's radar. That I have one of the candidates in studio here endorsed by the Hamilton County Republican Party, Jonathan Pearson. You are endorsed by the Republican Party. You're on the right site.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am. I am endorsed. No, it's official.
Speaker 1: Take it for granted. No, he's right there. You can find out where he is on the various issues. Of course, his background and he's got some you know, business experience. He is the owner operator Pearson's Turfin Landscape. We were talking about that. I've been doing that since nineteen ninety two and moving away. So we talked about the sewer and before we move away from the sewer. Just generally speaking, that's one of the areas where I know we have a consent degree. I know there have been some really big arguments about certain projects, like, for example, I mentioned the deep tunnel thing, which I think got nixed because of the outcry and the seemingly stupid, stupid nature.
Speaker 2: It's not that simple to dig a tunnel. No it is not. People think you just for a hole through.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not that simple.
Speaker 1: So are you aware of does anybody know what other projects are already baked into the cake? Right now? We're going to see more projects like you mentioned in Fairmont? Is there a better way to do it?
Speaker 2: To the details, I don't actually know all the firm details of them. That's one of the things I'd like to sit down with and actually see the actual plan as to where things are.
Speaker 1: Because going back to your initial comment, we started stage by page reviews.
Speaker 2: Just go through it and then the biggest thing is if you can keep the actual plan on task and those who are in the supervisory rules of running it, you know, daily reports, not this we'll sit down every two weeks because I think if you hold it to a daily event, because the county runs daily. Yeah, I mean there's a shocker to some people, it actually runs daily. And if you look keep that on task and then go to the subcontractors and actually know who they are and you know, are they capable or was it again a you know, a yeah, you know, we get into and these are examples of these projects. We do it. We want to do it for the stadium, want to do it for the convention center. We get so caught up and making sure that we do inclusion that it didn't occur to us. Can they do it? They going back and is it equity or is it competentcy? And a lot of people say, oh, you're anti inclusion. No, I'm for who's ever the best guy walked up and said I can do that job if his company is all whatever, I don't care, don't I don't care if it's they're waving their flag of look at me where the Jewish gay group? Fine, I don't care. Can you do the job? Can you fix it? And so again, the identity stops at the door once you go through and you have to actually do the job. Can you? And I think that that's one of the challenges we face. We get so caught up spending all this time making sure we get all that taken care of. These projects get waylaid because between the community here and between the state and between the Feds. They all say you have to have ex percentage of this, ex percentage of that, ex percentage of this without occurring that if we haven't helped these particular groups, like we got rid of vocational schools. Here there's a thought, Hey, let's help people that don't have a desire to go to college to actually have a vocation. Huh, how naive? My brother went through a vocational school. He was a mechanic, he was phenomenal. You know what, if you'd have kept him in a four year high school.
Speaker 1: He'd never have achieved. No. Yeah, it's collegeing for us.
Speaker 2: I had a lot of friends went through vocational schools, God bless them, and there was a great thing. And now we're kind of like, well, yes, but little Johnny, little Susie's got to get that college degree so she can go out and be you know, she can get that great degree in political science and do what. Well, guess what. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't make fun of that degree. That's the one I got, but I knew I was going to go.
Speaker 2: I didn't go to I'm running for an office. And I didn't get a political science degree because you don't.
Speaker 1: Need one trust you don't got one, And no you don't if you're a fan of politics like I was, and you want to get a degree in your hobby like I did.
Speaker 2: But I knew I was going to go to law school.
Speaker 1: See, I didn't expect my political science degree to be the source of revenue down the road. I expected my law degree would serve me well, and it did obviously shifted directions. But you know, there is a demand in certain areas for lawyers, but there's not just for political science degrees.
Speaker 2: But that's that's my whole thing. And we get so caught into this that we're so worried about identity that we forgot of helping somebody actually make a living back to teach a man to fish. Yes, and so that's been what's slowing many of these projects up.
Speaker 1: Well, and the exclamation point on slowing these things up is obviously, the more you kick the can down the road chasing what butterflies or whatever, the more expensive the project gets. Inflation is a topic of conversation of late and yes, it does impact construction more with Jonathan, just give me a second here, because I'm going to steer you in the right direction by telling you to go to Foreign Exchange get your imported car fixed. Austin is the man, and he's got a great team of AC certified Master technicians at that Westchester location, which is the one I've always gone to. Outstanding service, family like environment and fixing your car with a full warranty on parts and service and not costing nearly as much as the dealer. Saved all kinds of money taking the cars to Foreign Exchange, So you should do the same thing because they do have access to your manufacturers technical information. Brian, you don't even know what kind of car I drive. I know I've seen really exotic cars in there and have also well, my Honda. I've been self deprecating that Honda looks terrible. It's got one hundred and fifty thousand plus miles on it, but it still runs great thanks to Foreign Exchange. No need to get rid of it. Just keep it running and think about winter time. Get your car wintererise, have them check the battery, the tires, the fluid levels. Don't get stuck in the frozen tundra parking lot because you didn't have the battery checked out. They can do that for you. Also, make sure you know you have brakes, are in good shape. You know what it is. Just get ready for winter. You can do that at Foreign Exchange Foreign the letter X dot com is where you find them online. Tylersville exit off seventy five. If you get to the Westchester location, just go two streets each off of the on ramp to Tylersville or off ramp from seventy five, as the case may be. Hang a right on Kinglind Drive and you're there. Five one three six four four, twenty six twenty six, five one three, six four four twenty six, twenty.
Speaker 2: Six fifty five car. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Tiver of the nineth first one of weather Howorca has sunny in sixty seven overnight clear forty two, Tomorrow sunny and seventy two for the homecoming game. There's guys every night forty four and on Sunday sunny skies with the highest seventy three thirty eight degrees. Right now traffic time from the UC.
Speaker 2: HOW Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: Mammogram Saved Lives called five one three, five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with the U Sea How's expert team. That's five one three, five eight four pink northbound seventy five is crawling into downtown thanks to an accident above twelfth Street, Comington, where only the left lane is open to get by. That trampic is back in a turf way over an hour delay in growing northbound two seventy five.
Speaker 2: They just cleared the.
Speaker 3: Accident at twenty eight in Milford Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five KRCD talk station Brian Time is spending an entire hour in studio with Jonathan Pearson, running for Hampton County Commission, endorsed by the Republican Party. And I thought a very thoughtful man. I guess you were getting the impressed you've been listening to Jonathan speaker with the you know, being thoughtful by going through the various documents page by page, looking at more thoughtful solutions, say for the sewer project, maybe ignoring and avoiding the stupidity of woke politics and let's just cut to the chase and hire bottom line competent, capable people to do the job. And that's a great idea. What interesting concept that content of character, not color of skin or who you sleep with.
Speaker 2: Can you do the job now?
Speaker 1: Jonathan, though let's move over to the stadium. I'm sorry, but one point? Was it three billion? Yeah, that's with a B.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know, Mike's got to have a nice luxury office.
Speaker 1: Now, three hundred stacks of a million dollars.
Speaker 2: You know, I, as I tell people, I said, think about this, that's the budget for the county.
Speaker 1: The entire budget for the entire county for a full calendar year.
Speaker 2: So for one project, for one company that they make, that company makes money. Let's remember the NFL does revenue sharing unlike the Major League Baseball, So that means if you watch a San Diego game, the Bengals make money. Right, So not that San Diego is playing the Bengals.
Speaker 1: The Browns family is not standing at the free store.
Speaker 2: So the reality is that I tell people, think about this. You take you go home to your wife and you say, honey, we're going to spend the entire year's budget of everything we make on one project. How do you think that conversation is going to go with your wife?
Speaker 1: Well, particularly if the project is really what I would argue completely unnecessary question. Does the stadium currently function? Yes? Can you watch a football game there? Yes? Does it have all the amenities of every other stadium in the country. No, but you know what, it never did. And how can you continue to compete with other cities when they keep adding on? Is it a necessary thing to try to compete with a city that's even close to us? Why would you? I mean, Lord Almighty. I look at like certain high school projects and what they've done at colleges, and they expanded to make it like a resort spot. Yeah. I didn't have any of that growing up. I went to school and I had classes in a trailer for God's sake, because they ran out of space, a du high junior high. You know, we didn't have air conditioning back in the old days. We had crappy locker rooms. And you know, I'm sure the Bengals if they had, all they need is a locker to put their stuff in to change clothes and get out there on the field. Do they need a discothech locker room? Of course not, but there it is anyway. Well, I just I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I come from we homeschooled our girls, so I homeschooled my girls at home, and I use that example because all the new schools have to have these billion dollar schools they have to have all the newest stuff, the whiteboards and everything. Well, my kids went to college being homeschooled, and somehow we lived on the premise that if you have four walls and a door, you can have a classroom. Well, the same simplicity. In my This isn't a hatred towards the Bengals, but here I'll use the PNG as an example. PNG brings in more money than the Bengals because they don't play just ten times a year in this stadium. They play every day downtown and they have never been given one brick by the county. Now I'm not saying that, gee, we need to kick them out. What I'm saying is is this really the best use of our money? And I know a lot of people say we shouldn't ask that question because it's our beloved Bengals. I think that's been the problem in politics, is we get all caught with the shiny ring on the wall and we keep running around the carousel trying to grab it, and we forget to actually say, why are we trying to grab the brass ring? And I'm starting to question that why what's you know? Because LA goes out and spends five and a half billion dollars to dig a hole next to their airport so they can put a stadium in the ground and hide it so the planes you don't notice the plane's flying over it, and everyone goes, we'll see they're spent five and as that's LA. I don't care what they do in LA. I don't care what they do in California. I care what we do in Hamilton County, and Hamilton County does not have that kind of money to throw at one company that had the wherewithal in money to buy out in cash the other half of the Bengals from Paul Sawyer. We forget that there was a lot of cash on the table that he actually bought the team outright. God blessed the Brown family for only Bengals. I have no issues with that whatsoever. And I actually don't even have an issue that the Brown family asked for us to do this, because you might as well ask what you know. It's like all of us who are married.
Speaker 1: Remember though, Jonathan, the ask came along with either an out loud or at least implicit threat that if you don't get me what I want, I'm taking my team elsewhere. And that's not loyalty to me, And that's.
Speaker 2: Not loyalty to me and mine is that when again back to P ANDNG, P and G wanted to put bricks in Broadway in front of their on Broadway, in front of their towers, and they offered to buy all the bricks, all the materials for the city, and the city said, we're not putting them down. We're just not. We pave it or we don't, that's it. And PNG said, fine, we'll do it. And the PNG paid out of their pocket to do a public street project. Well, let me think about which company has more in tune to saying I'm serving. They didn't threaten to leave. Oh, you're not giving me anything, so I'm gonna leave. We're going to go move to some other We're gonna move to Mexico City. Well, I think Mexico City. I never even understood that. Has anybody actually mentioned the odds of Americans being kidnapped or held for ransom? Let me think, let's put a millionaire family from America in Mexico City and see how safe without having a ridiculous security team to keep around them.
Speaker 1: Well, they are trying to expand the market share around the Globe. Maybe they should have said the you know, Xingyang province in China.
Speaker 2: Is so POSI I don't know. I just my whole thing is, you know, let's rethink this and actually asked the question without the fear, and you know, they've got to back down the rhetoric from their side. We have to actually up our ability to actually look at this with open eyes, full transparency and say what's the real goal here.
Speaker 1: Adam Kaylor suggested, we need to get a cooperative a group of a whole group of people who are willing to put some money in to act as a potential buyer of the team, which I believe them some roadbox in the way of the Brown family threatening to leave. If there's another possible buyer, then apparently, somehow under the rules, that can't be done. I don't profess the note, Jack, I don't know the NFL rules on that NFL rule right eight, But you've have Keresy Talk Station a few more minutes with Jonathan Peerson again. Hamilin Keny Republican Party dot organs where you'll find him in the online Color and Electric. You'll find them online at Color in Electriccincinnati dot com. Outstanding Electricians. They do great work and they are awesome at customer service. Price is always right, but multiple reasons why they enjoy an A plus with a better business. Ureau need outlets installed, can lines, nob and tube wiring, upgrade aluminum wiring. Upgrade your media room. Maybe you're thinking about getting a media room. They've got awesome I ideas uh for wiring in terms of like led lighting solutions, you know, hidden lighting, uh, background lighting in that kind of thing. I had the background lighting in the closets in our bedroom. So it's kind of like going to a uh department store where the closer lit backlit works great, it looks beautiful. So just a tach kind of project. Anything though, related to electric in your home. Colin Electric the folks with the right connections, ten year wiring warranty on everything they do for you. Five one three two two seven four one one two. Please tell Andrew Colling on the team. Brian said, Hi five one three two two seven four one one two online again at color on Electriccincinnati dot com.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC dot com. What's the quick weather here?
Speaker 1: Clear? Let's see sunny in sixty seven today overnight clear and forty two sunny in seventy two, Tomorrow, Clair of a Night forty four and Sunday on Sunday seventy three thirty eight.
Speaker 3: Right now, traffic time from the UCL Tram Things Center, Mammograms Save Lives called five one three, five eight four paint dischedule your annual memory brand.
Speaker 2: With U see Hell's experteen.
Speaker 3: That's five one, three, five eet four pink northbound seventy five. They've moved the accident just before twelfth Street out of the way, so traffic is starting to move a little bit better, but you're backed up into Florence and still over an hour delay into downtown.
Speaker 2: Sethbound seventy five. Break lights through Lachland.
Speaker 3: There's a wreck he's found one twenty nine before you get seven forty seven. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs even he talks station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty fifty five kr City Talks Station. I'm gonna give Jonathan a couple of minutes to do a closing statement here in a moment, the first let us catch ourselves a crime stuff or a bad guy of the week, And today it's not a bad guy, it's a bad girl. She looks harmless. Officer Lisa Baker from the SINCEAA Police Department. Look at that innocent little face, not so.
Speaker 4: It be deceiving, No deceiving. We are looking for Nakasha Greer. She's been indicted on three counts of felony death and for tell communications fraud. Nakeisha Greer. She's a black female. She's twenty seven years old. She's five foot two, one hundred and sixty five pounds. Prior rest history includes drug abuse and receiving stolen motor vehicle. Lasting on to live on South Wayne Avenue in Lachland.
Speaker 1: Well, look start deceiving anyway, moving aside, What are we gonna do if we know where we might how where she might be or a tip that might lead to an arrest.
Speaker 4: If you know where Nakeisha Greer is, give crime Stoppers a call five one three three five two thirty forty, or you can submit a tip online crime dash stoppers dot us.
Speaker 1: You can check a monk shout out on my bloy page fifty five Cassey dot com. You remain anonymous, you'll be eligible for a cash reward. Officer Baker, God bless you in the Sinsint Police Department. Keep up the great work and I have a wonderful weekend. All right, Jonathan, I'll give you the remaining couple of minutes we got here. Anything else you want to get out, I didn't if I didn't steer you in the right direction or get on a topic you want to talk about. Well, I think the easiest.
Speaker 2: You know, the whole reason I look at what we can do in the county is, you know, look at this budget. See what we're wasting money on. See we're not wasting money on. See what we need to be spending more prioritized. But since we can't affect the taxes directly in the commission office, we can affect the budget and then do the bully pulpit and talk about the taxes because once other businesses know that we're serious about a good budget in this county, they might be attracted. Well, there's a thought, let's bring businesses back. Guess what those businesses bring with them jobs, So back to the we can help demand fish forever. We also then get other companies. Look into that company that come in, they come in. These are residents now that start coming in. And suddenly, now our tax base is expanded to numbers. We can have a lower tax base. But actually make more money for the county and the surrounding communities within the county, and we don't need to keep raising taxes or have these ridiculously false evaluations of homes.
Speaker 1: Well, if we had appropriately prioritized over the years and focused on the core that brings people in, which is in for structure and safety, infrastructure and safety. If you have a safe community with a good infrastructure, roads you can drive on, and not the multitude of potholes, et cetera, the seemingly absolute dysfunction on that that that creates an opportunity for people to consider and say, you know what, maybe I will be paying a little bit more taxes in Mirmlton County compared to Claremont, But look at all that I'm going to get in return for that. I have solid roads, I have safe communities in Hamilton County. I'd rather have that.
Speaker 2: Then we have a good opportunity with Melissa Powers and Jim Neil, we have an excellent opportunity to make exactly that first point to safe community with those two two candidates. They are an excellent people.
Speaker 1: And if you are an elected commissioner, along with Adam Kayler, maybe a more thoughtful budget process one that focuses on priorities. Seven to fifty five. Jonathan, You're always welcome here. Good luck in the race. I know we're fast approaching election day, but again Jonathan Pearson. Find him on the Hamilton Kindyrepublican dot org page. Folks stick around after the top of the air news Stacey left and would like your vote for judge. We're talking to Stacy after the news. Then we're going to hear from Brian Rensinger eight point thirty with the book land Rich, Cash Poor. I'll be right back in October.
Speaker 2: A threat to democracy is sounding on. He could have destroyed it in his first term. Buddy Dady fifty five KRC, the talk station