Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to episode five of The Thunderbodies podcast.
Speaker 2: And yes, that was clickbait you just clicked on. No, I'm just kidding. We really will talk about leaks because, believe it or not, it's.
Speaker 1: Back in the news again. I was shocked when I learned too. We're also gonna talk about why my beloved segment in War Thunder is not beloved, and honestly, I would be lying to you if it was. We're talking about naval just in the smallest bit. And then we got go over the ground br changes. We've talked about the air last episode. Well now they are live and we've got the ground ones before. You want to cover those? Help you?
Speaker 2: No, I would say they're major changes, but maybe more interesting than the air ones. Won.
Speaker 1: I think the air ones were easier for us to go. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Some of the ground ones were interesting, but we'll cover that.
Speaker 3: How you doing Gil, I'm doing good. I'm tired, long week, and it's my birthday today, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Reduce, if you're watching this, comment happy birthday.
Speaker 1: It's it's obviously going to be happy your birthday, but just comment happy birthday. To go he's turning thirty five, let's jump right into it.
Speaker 2: Naval.
Speaker 1: Look for those that don't know, I enjoy Navel and war th Under, but it'll be really clear was to why. It's because I love the ships. I love the battleships, I love the cruisers. I love the history of it. But even me, there was a point last year where they did a big naval update that just kind of made me go, this is probably going to tank things.
Speaker 2: I guess kind of punt intended, and that was they.
Speaker 1: Took essentially any skill required and war Thunder out particularly an arcade, by making it.
Speaker 2: Click and shoot. So if you don't, if you've never.
Speaker 1: Played warth Under Naval, hop in literally point to where you want to hit the opposing ship and click fire.
Speaker 2: There you go. You're now literally as good and naval as I am.
Speaker 3: Yep, there's no second guessing anything. You just point and shoot. Yeah. I uh yeah. I to be honest, I remember Naval coming out, and I remember not caring because I'm not a guy who really cares about ships like Rev does. But I would say Guidens dropped the ball on making it actually something that could be popular, and I think a perfect example of that is World of Warships. Look how popular that game is. It's not like insanely popular war Under has way more player base, but like a whole game based around naval, and it's war gamings like flagship game right now, and like all the collaborations, clearly it works. So it's really not the topic that makes naval unpopular. It's what could Guidon do to make it better? And I think we both have a lot of opinions on what could make Naval better because you know, as people who make content of this game, I would like for every bit of this game to be as good as it could be. And I feel like Guiden has really dropped Naval, especially with Infantry coming up. I feels like they don't really want to make Naval good. So what do you What do you think.
Speaker 2: To your point about naval? And I know you're gonna talk about this topic as well because we both agree on this one. But it's not even just that World of Warship exists to prove that naval can work.
Speaker 1: It's the fact that we've had it in game work and the immedia thing that I tend to always go to and people who've played a long time like you have is we had an April Fool's event that was sub marine based. To this day, people who played it talk about being one of the best April Fools events.
Speaker 2: Of all time. But that's literally a naval event.
Speaker 3: I'm fairly certain. Sorry, I'm fairly certain I've done at least two submarine events too. I don't remember if they were both April Fools, but I definitely remember the Silent Thunder I think was the name of the Nuclear Thunder one, a nuclear submarine one. But then I remember a few years ago they added I think there are World War Two submarines in the files because I remember a fly Daily video a few years ago of him loading up a custom custom mission with one of the World War Two submarines in a custom mission, showing it off and saying this means submarines are coming soon and this and that, but like nothing has ever come of it. And but yeah, I going back to what would make naval good. I don't think some marines are the solution to making it more popular, but it definitely wouldn't hurt it. They just had to find a way to balance them. And I personally, I personally think it's there's a way to do it where you could balance toe the line between realistic and kind of you know, semi realistic to make sure that they're not you know, incredibly slow and incredibly useless. But yeah, I've voiced my opinion the guide in before on one of their dev server on one of their dev live streams about submarines, and I got kind of harassed by one of the community managers saying that I didn't know what I was talking about, and then his his family worked on submarines and he knows how they would work. And I don't understand that submarines don't make sense in the game, and they're too slow, and they wouldn't do this, and they wouldn't be useful, and they wouldn't do that, and so I don't know. I think some marines would be cool. I think they'd be I think that's a good step in the right direction to probably make Naval at least more interesting, to bring people back to it, and then maybe like set up a road path start with submarines, you know, and then from the submarines, and as soon as you get people invested in playing Naval a little bit, didn't have other things that you might have an opinion on what they could do to make it better, but they could just kick off a whole roadmap of changes to like revitalize the game mode. I think there's I mean, there's a lot of things. And if you want to throw one in there before I keep you going.
Speaker 1: I will say that, like, I understand that infantry is the focus, right, and you don't want to focus on two major features at one time because as Mama used to say, whole ass one thing, don't have pass two things, right, So I get that, And to your point, I remember there was an event. It was the Battle of the Atlantic event I believe probably three years ago, was one of those submarine events. And then war thunder Mobile, which we as a group almost rarely ever talk about. It feels like warth under Mobile is a whole different game. But war thunder Mobile has at least at least they did a couple of years ago. They had Nabel, they had the USS tang in it and stuff like that. And even if navl you know, the answer to fixing Nabel isn't just adding submarines.
Speaker 2: I do think it's clear there are people.
Speaker 3: Who want that, but yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Underlying answer has to be it has to be a good, fun, engaging mechanic, and even as a guy who loved like I was very excited about the Amato coming out. I remember talking to the CEO and like, hey, I really want to show people this and just go ahead and acknowledge the shill that is reduced. I had a lot of people invest in the Amato in the Iowa because I was playing it.
Speaker 2: They wanted to play with me, so they also went after it. But I also won't sit.
Speaker 1: Here and lie to the viewers and say, yeah, Navel's banging gameplay, It's just as exciting as Tempoint Oh Tanks.
Speaker 2: It's not. No.
Speaker 1: You know the thing to enjoy in Navel right now, and I enjoy it again because I like the collection. It's the most fun part of me is if you've got a nice set of headphones, listening to those sixteen inch guns of the Iowa go off is literally orgasmic. But in terms of gameplay, no, Navel is not good as gameplay, and I want it to be because the great thing about war Thunder is not only is it a game trying to be realistic, but it's a game that has everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not all the things are equally as good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, and yeah warth Under going back to that real quick, it does have naval and it does have submarines, so all the time I think they're a permanent feature, but.
Speaker 1: Obviously can't tell we don't really do those.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so mobile mobile is very arcadie though, And that's how That's how I was told by the community manager. Was the reason that they work in mobile but they wouldn't work in the full client version is just because it they're arcadified in mobile to make them work. And I'm like, well, you can you take creative liberties with other things in this game all the time, so why can't you take some creative liberties to make them balanced? You know, everything in this.
Speaker 2: Game Stream Terminator right now.
Speaker 3: Like everything in this game. They always use the excuse of balance, this balance that you know.
Speaker 1: But it's like sometimes you think that is an important discussion. Yeah, but we're talking about naval. And again I say this to everybody. If you are out there and you enjoy NAVL with me, I'm not doubting you or me, but if you're just being objectively honest, if you're coming out there with like your battleships like IOM, how many people are in your match, there's usually about six of us counting both sides.
Speaker 2: In the rest are bots. That's not fun, and that's the byproduct of Naval simply being an underutilized and an underappreciated form.
Speaker 1: By guide it not by us. It's not player's fault. Players will play what is fun. I fully believe that take a look at all these events, people might moan and groan. They might even come into our streams and stuff. I'm like, man, I really hate this, but guess what they're going to grind for that make seventeen because secretly they really want it.
Speaker 2: But they will not secretly grind for the naval stuff.
Speaker 1: They'll just nope, not touching it. That's a problem on the game, not on the players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's always three major points that I always bring up in my community. Ask me about what Navel really needs, and I always think the first one is maps. I think the second one, I think they should work on adding more variety and ship types like submarines. It doesn't have to be just somemarnes. We don't have to rely on some renes completely. But I think maps, ship types, And then I said, I think just a general rework of how the multi branch works in naval. So like how planes are pretty much useless in naval and it's because the automatic gunners and stuff like that, So I'll start with that one. I think the automatic gunners are incredibly overpowered, and I think it really takes the fun out of it because a lot of people, if you play naval and you've never played naval, well, you still want to bring in your favorite planes that you've worked for in the past. And if you bring your favorite planes in, you're just gonna get absolutely smoked by some guy who's not even he doesn't even know you're there. He's not even paying attention to you. He's just gonna nail you for his AI gunners that had you know you. He just radomly gets to kill everyone's played naval. You're just sitting there shooting a ship and all of a sudden aircraft kill. Well, that's great, you know. Yeah, It's like I mean, even.
Speaker 1: If you've never played naval, they're even It's hilarious because if you play ground, for example, you have to deal with cast especially early a mid tier, you've got very few defenses against them.
Speaker 2: But in navl I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 1: Is it a four point zero coastal ship that has literal like heat seeking.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, the douglast that it doesn't have to speakers, but yeah, it's got like it.
Speaker 1: Has missiles that can you know, take out air, which is absolutely crazy because again if you've never played Nabel, there's just simply a toggle.
Speaker 2: Would you like your AA guns to fire at small ships, planes or both?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's all you do, just toggle one or the other and everybody just immediately goes air. That way, all your AA takes out anything within like a mile.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I think a good balance for that would be your small destroyers or your coastal ships that are focused on anti air defense, like you know, fleet anti air defense. I think those players should be able to spot air targets like it is for ERRORB. You know, it puts a spot over their head that and then remove people's efficiency of their AI anti air. So like you as a player, like, hey, air alert, there's a plane up, You're friendly, just spotted that plane. You need to switch over to your anti air and handle that. And I think that would make planes a little bit more useful. You can make planes a bit a little bit more expensive and not just destroying everybody. But I think that would be a good balance to the planes.
Speaker 2: I would agree that there's some good stuff there.
Speaker 1: I mean I would also throw in that again if you're getting into.
Speaker 2: How naval works.
Speaker 1: One reason I believe that naval fails compared to air.
Speaker 2: Y'all heard me talk about ARARB.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you why Navel's worse, because at least in ARRB plane types matter, right, you don't play every jet the same. The sad truth of war Thunder Navel is you basically play everything the same, whether it's a destroyer or a battleship. It's basically all point click. And I think that there should be more depth in terms of screening, like if you're in a destroyer, your ability to screen for your bigger ships should matter and pay off. Like if you successively screen with a smoke screen or something, you should get silver lions for that.
Speaker 2: There needs to be more depth in it. There's also the.
Speaker 1: Low hanging fruit of we have aircraft carriers in game, but we can't play aircraft carriers in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can go land on them though in AIRARB if you want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's weird that we don't have aircraft carriers, even static ones in naval. Isn't that hot? Like why would why do we not get just why if you are a naval plane in naval you have to go land on some far away like beach airfield or you get to water land. Why do we not have carries? Yeah, like what if you don't get shot down, just you're gonna just leave because like you're fly fifteen miles away, you know, like it's I don't know why there's not even I don't I don't need to control a carrier, but it'd be kind of cool just to have carriers add some variety, you know, Like and then even if.
Speaker 1: There was and I know we're so hesitant to ever say bots are okay, but even if there was AI bot carriers.
Speaker 2: That launched a couple of planes, I had a little bit of depth.
Speaker 3: To be cool. Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean, and they could have a game mode because I think another main issue, and that really ties into one. I'm saying they need better maps because I think the maps are really what's holding back naval. I mean, if you look at well the warships, they have a lot of variety, have a lot of islands you can hide behind. They have a lot of this, They have a lot of that warth on their most time at Coastal. It's kind of like that, you know, the coastal maps are pretty cool, but when you get to the higher tier Navel, you pretty much spawn on the open ocean fifteen miles away from the other team on and you just start shooting each other. And the issue is is a giant circle in the middle of the teams that somebody might sneak their way into and cap before they die, or no one touches it at all, and so the game mode is just pretty much team deathmatch. So they could even like bring in a carrier fleet, an AI carrier fleet on behind both spawn points that are slowly progressing into the map, and you win if you just sink their whole carrier fleet. You know, it's kind of like a like a battle station specific kind of thing, you know. That'd be kind of cool. And those AI carriers as long, you know, the benefit of sinking the other carriers, they would be launching just AI wings of torpedo bombers that would seek you out and stuff like that. That would be really cool. It'd be a lot of cool variety, and I think a lot of that just map in game mode changes would make it way way more interesting. And yeah, and then some marines on top of that they could benefit from cool.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe the issue is war th Under as a community, has it leaked the secret details of all these ships, because leading into our next topic is a topic that many of you who have followed war th Under for any amount of time have had some version of come across your.
Speaker 1: Desk leaks as in military documents as it pertains to war Thunder. Now, this topic is a little bit different, and if he's just straight up with y'all, we're not taking sides on it.
Speaker 2: We're certainly not using this as any.
Speaker 1: Type of clickbait, but I do think it's worth y'all knowing because we learned about it, we read about it, we find it interesting. It's that now was slightly different in instead of being player led leaks, it's we find out, potentially allegedly to be very clear for any cms or guides in listening, allegedly, yeah, leaks from within the department itself saying yeah, we're definitely using this type of content in these documents. So let's where do you see when you think about this and how big do you even think it is?
Speaker 3: So for the people who haven't seen it, it just came out yesterday. One of a thirteen year old veteran at at Guidgin, a community manager, came out and said, here's information that Guigen has used classified documents supposedly knowingly that they're illegal to develop the game, and a whole bunch of other things. Like he also potential like like you know, allegedly saying that Guiagin has motorcycle gui what's happening today? Allegedly Guidien's anti cheat is also allegedly taking more information than it should from its users, and that Guidgin is, well, that's maybe non Allegedly Guideen is also using their own bias to artificially nerf or buff certain vehicles. So there's there's a lot of.
Speaker 2: That last one.
Speaker 1: Let's just go on, we already know that happens. Yeah, and I'll even go a step further and break y'all's hearts. Look, if they were based in America, they do the same thing from.
Speaker 3: The opposite end of the pressure if.
Speaker 1: They are based in the UK. So that one, even though it annoys me as a player doesn't bother me. Yeah, I do see why of the other aspects, And just to throw this out there, the reason we're saying allegedly and stuff is all these screenshots are coming from discords ending up on reddits. We don't actually have the devs and cms here saying yes or no. Yeah, but it's still stuff where we've seen this happen and we know there's some credibility to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's and I can't really speak on anti cheats, you know, taking more information allegedly than than they're supposed to, or stealing your documents or selling your information. I don't know. I don't have anything to add about that because I don't think either one of us know how that really works. And we're not developers. And once again it's one disgruntled ex guides and employee posting this on you know, on Discord and on Reddit. My god, apparently all the red Knicks are out today. I don't know if they don't viewers can hear that or not, but uh, you know, it's I think it's one disgruntled ex employee who probably didn't get his way and now is on Discord causing a hoot and holler to try to get back at guiding, or they might have some say to it. So both could be true, to be both could be true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those things could be true.
Speaker 3: Both could be true, And I think a lot of it would go into the morality of this individual. You know, if you only come out and say something after you don't work there anymore, or after you got fired, why did you not say something before? Sort of thing, you know, like if it's if it's that big of a moral issue, you know.
Speaker 1: Those ethics and morality debates are always like, it's easy for people to have them. And again we're not telling y'all how to feel about it in either way. In fact, we would encourage you go read for yourself.
Speaker 2: You come to your own conclusion.
Speaker 3: It is interesting.
Speaker 1: But I also say, you know, you know, like, for example, let's just say you're a man with three kids like this guy.
Speaker 2: You know, you're willing to bend some of those rules a lot more when you're.
Speaker 1: Earning a paycheck, and then suddenly when your paycheck no longer is relying on it, well we're back to being ethically immortah.
Speaker 2: Right, So yeah, we don't truly know.
Speaker 1: I will I'll say this aspect of it. If this is happening, it does deserve to be called out and say, hey, you shouldn't do that. Yeah, I know it seems so obvious, but from the base level, if it is happening, guys.
Speaker 2: To stop it. You know better.
Speaker 1: We know you know better because you have verbally said we know better. So to be clear, I'm not trash talking. They've come out with statements before saying we don't do this because it's illegal.
Speaker 2: We know this isn't something we should do. Blah blah blah. Yeah, and whether that was actually true or just pr stuff doesn't matter. I'll say it, don't do that, that's not right.
Speaker 1: And then this is the other aspect of I guess I get why, because you know, if y'all are out there and y'all want to pretend like war Thunder isn't a bunch of dramatic kids, sometimes we all are. Let's be honest with ourselves, how much of this actually matters? And I guess that comes down to individuals who who cares more or less At the end of the day, I'll tell you personally, well, I always want the company to do the right thing.
Speaker 2: At the same time, I listen to what I just said, the company to do the right thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not many companies I trust to do the right thing. So as long as it's not negatively affecting players, which gets back to the anticheat thing, which I would care more about if I knew more.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, right, effect that we don't that I would.
Speaker 1: Care about a lot more than leaked you know, top secret documents being used to design the typhoon. Yeah, I care a hell of a lot more of. Is it true that the anti cheatser doing things?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the anti cheating one is that one's kind of wild because that has, you know, potential legal implications. But you know, and also who knows how anticheats work. If you have an AI that's searching searching through your PC to make sure you don't have cheating software running, they might accidentally hit something they're not supposed to, and then that all of a sudden, this developer says, Oh, if we have evidence that you know, it got a hold of this person's text document or something, well maybe that wasn't the idea and maybe they've already shut it down, you know, but it Yeah, that's a that's a good discussion as in terms of classified documents. That's a tale as old as time on war Thunder.
Speaker 1: You know you have the only thing that makes it unique this time is that that's not coming from our side.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, it is interesting and that I you know, I if you guys want to know more about it. We're not going to throw screenshots up of these allegations obviously, but you can go look it up. It's all over reddit right now. But there are some interesting screenshots from it, like from actual verified Guide employees and like their you know when I don't even know what this These apps are Telegram or something like.
Speaker 2: I think message saying so throw out the allegedly maybe it's photoshop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could all be fake too, but it.
Speaker 2: Is an actual person, like we know that that's an actual person.
Speaker 3: It could also be a joke, you know, like who knows how you know, what their nature of their business or their you know, their employee Telegram, Slack or whatever, what the how it you know, how the mood is on their in their community. They could be joking and this guy took it out a screen out of context. But there are some interesting screenshots where it's developers saying thank you know, classified document. You know what or whatever about this about that we can't use that officially or something, you know, so like, you know, and then another thing is what's the nature of a classified document? And I think a lot of the time it isn't actually a likes like classified classified document that makes its way to Guigen. Sometimes it's like a freedom of information thing whereas a US citizen, you can get information to that document, but it's illegal for other countries to have a hold of it. So sending it to a company like Guigen makes it, you know, a legal classified document breach, whereas you know, it's kind of like any American system could maybe get their hands on this, and it goes for other countries too, And a lot of those greenshots are the Guidgen saying that, oh, thanks for this document, don't do this, we can't have access to this, you know yet, or officially or something. So it's like, you know, we're at the point of war Thunder where they're developing gain or vehicles that are brand new, you know, the J fifteen T that just came out. I think it first flew like less than ten years ago, like just a few years ago sort of thing, And it's like, how do you even put that into the game with how you have to have some sort of insight or everyone's gonna say it's just bs like it doesn't it's it's all fictional. It's like how much is conjecture? Yeah? Like yeah, it's like, what is how much of.
Speaker 2: The f fifteens are real versus?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So, and this isn't the only game that has that, to be clear, because uh dcs.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of YouTubers like grim Reapers. I'm just shouting them out because I've watched their content and it's fun where they will have hyper realistic information that you question, is this real?
Speaker 2: How did you know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's not.
Speaker 2: My point is it's not just a war thunder thing.
Speaker 1: And all I really come to is all I can say again is we're just two people with a podcast and.
Speaker 2: People who play the game.
Speaker 1: One on the anti cheat stuff, I hope that's not true, and number two on the other stuff. Look, if you know something's not right, don't do it. For sure, you and I have very little power to actually enforce that as a rule either.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and if this discussion, you know, evolves between this week and next week and the comment sections talking about it and more, stuff comes out about it, we'll talk, we'll touch on it again. You know, I would like to see more verified information about the anti cheat.
Speaker 1: I need actual, real stuff that we know is true, and that's gonna be also very tough to get.
Speaker 2: So I'm curious to see where it goes in terms of real stuff.
Speaker 1: We do have for you though, updates to the BR this week, focusing on the ground changes.
Speaker 2: Those are actual things we can give you that are facts that we know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like the chaffee getting moved up.
Speaker 3: So if you guys weren't here last week, we talked about the preliminary BR changes they proposed last week. They did amend it slightly this weekend, and then they hit they went into effect today. So, like Rev said, there's nothing that's really crazy. Like I'll go through and say which ones they went back on, and then you can touch on the first things that you like about it. You know, they were gonna downtier the FAU. They scrap that idea. They're gonna up tier the spitfire the Griffin spit they scrap that idea, and they were gonna get rid of the heat fs on the IKV one oh three and down to it they scrap that a whole idea, so they're not touching those at all. Now. I think those are good changes. I don't think, you know, I think those were a little parts changes to start with. But most of the new stuff is new ground things that went to effect today, So I don't think there's anything super super crazy. I think a lot of the big stuff we touched last week, but.
Speaker 1: Just on the air side, just to throw it out there, because I know there are players out there.
Speaker 2: Who enjoy it.
Speaker 1: The AH sixty four, all of them, I'm pretty sure all of them are all getting a slight change to the at GMS.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: To be clear for everybody watching, neither me nor Gail really touched the apaches or any HELICOPTERITERSH for that matter. So I can't tell you how good of a change this is, but they're going from the one one four B ATGMs to the one one four k's. That could be the difference between an AIM nine L and I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, because I don't belave that.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what any But.
Speaker 2: If you do know Andfias, maybe you're how good of a change it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah? And then other than that.
Speaker 2: The only other one.
Speaker 1: I noticed in the air side that we're changing were several of the Mike twenty nine specifically in air sim so.
Speaker 2: Out to Sloth, I don't know how you managed to.
Speaker 1: Make this happen, but Mike twenty nine are going down to twelve three, but only in air sim interesting.
Speaker 3: That's kind of an interesting change, to be honest, they could probably be twelve three in err Orp. To be honest, I mean, you have you already have f eighteen's that are twelve three that have more missiles. And but you know who am I to say? Guidgen is all knowing. Apparently they use those documents they got recently to decide these battle these br changes. Though in terms of the ground, I would say most ground guys probably gonna be excited because they're moving the term three up to eight seven from eight to three. The term three is pretty wild. I think probably preeople are excited for that. Some T thirty four's are going up a little bit, and then some Shermans, the the M four a ones, not even the seventy six Shermans, just the normal in four A one is going up. Odd well, it's three three going three seven. Yeah, it's odd and I'm not sure why they would do that. And then the kicker, the kicker for me of all of these is that they're moving every single m twenty four Chaffee up to four to oh and realistic and I don't know why they hate my Chaffee. I got, I love the Chaffee, and well I.
Speaker 1: Can I can I tell you one positive about this Okay, Yeah, if you are a Chaffey player, moving it to ranked from ranked two to rank three now made that easier for.
Speaker 2: To use it for dailies.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a very very popular tank.
Speaker 3: You can use it for challenges now or events now because it's gonna be ranked three. Yeah that's fair. Yeah, but yeah, just moving at the four to oh, I guess you know, as you said, Rev said before the podcast that I'm you know, most people that using the Chaffee probably we're upteering it anyways, because it's just a good light tank with a with a decent canon. So moving up to four.
Speaker 1: Baby Toddler, it's one of those things you'll see people running that up at like eleven oh, they'll have one in their load out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it probably is not gonna bother anything, but it's kind of odd that they're bullied the chaffee and they're moving up. The French premium M twenty four with the AMX thirteen turret on, it is also going to four to oh. So if you guys are a Chaffee enjoy every four in the game, any M twenty four is going up, even the premium weird hybrid ones are all going up. So if you're a Chaffee enjoyer, you're probably crying right now. Poor chaffies are getting bullied for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's a little dramatic. It's going up by point three. How many of you were running chaffees and not getting into four point zero matches anyway?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's fair, but dramatic. It depends. I mean it's been three to seven for such a long time, you know, like it has same with Look.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you the one, the one out of all this that changes.
Speaker 1: I know we haven't listened to all of them, but truthfully, they're kind of in chunks, like there's a bunch of Shermans, a bunch of chaffies. A few changes to the pans are fours which are getting the same love. By the way, a lot of the Panzer fours are going from three to seven to four and realistic. The one that kind of gets me a little bit is the SU one twenty two, when the early Russian kind of feels like a heat seeking missile every time it shoots, but it's having its reload go from eighteen seconds down to sixteen seconds. Might not seem like a lot, y'all, But hu, that's making a very good thing even better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's not bad at all. This. Yeah, I mean it's a one to two. It's one hundred and twenty two millimeters at two seven now going up to three to zero. But yeah, I mean the Cromwells too. They're also moving the Cromwells up and they're moving so they moved up all the chaffies but they didn't move up the Pumas and realistic, but they did well.
Speaker 1: If you look across the board, they kind of moved almost everything up that it's getting away from the interwar period because if you look, it's the Cromwells, it's the M three, Lee's the Grants and whatever those are going up. It's the pans are fours, the pans are threes, it's basically everything that came out like nineteen thirty nine, nineteen forty in real life is getting moved up a little bit.
Speaker 3: Though it's interesting. It's a weird wave to move up a huge chunk of.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the question for you, Gail. Could this be kind of like behind the scenes of they're making way for more of that World War One type of stuff to come in, meaning they need those like br ones and br twos to have its distance between the Grants and the Lee's and the panthers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they could just be moving up all tier twos slowly at a time so they could push back reserve. I think a lot of people would love that. I mean, we had the World War One event last year for April Fools, and they added all these World War One vehicles, but they're all like one oh even at one oh most of them. They're just kind of a meme to use. And they gave us the World War two of the World War One bombers, but they never gave us like the camel and and whatever the German biplane is. Yeah, it never gave us those. And it was it was like, why come on, just push back reserve, push everything up one br push reserve back add some World War One stuff. That'd be kind of cool. I think it would kind of bring some people back. And but it was weird because because Aces of Thunder came out this year, which is their spin off of it's kind of like an ile two DCS version of war Thunder. It's all sim interactable cockpits, high fidelity stuff. It has World War One planes in it. So it's like they spent this development time developing these World War One vehicles, how about we just throw them in War th Under. So yeah, maybe the br changes are making room, making some wiggle room, you know, like you said, and just.
Speaker 2: To give everybody a greater grasp what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Not only will this list be in the pin common if you want to check it out, but just shouting out basically every twenty four going up to around four point zero, almost every pans are for the sweetest one, the Italian one, the Germans ones going up to four point oh, the early t thirty fours, the nineteen forty one and the prototype going up to three seven. From three to three, the Cromwells, three of the SDKs all moving up, a couple of the Shermans pans. Your threes, M three leads, the grants, the M five's, the three A threes, all those, all the crusaders. It's just weird to see it's basically two dozen things between three three and three seven that are all getting moved up, and that's basically all that's changing in ground for the most part.
Speaker 3: It is strange. Yeah, it's almost like they moved up every country's three three to three seven or three seven to four to oh, so it is kind of odd. I think there might be something more to it, Like these brs have been the same way they've been a long time. It's not like these vehicles are performing outstandingly well compared to their counterparts because they're moving the counterpart ups too, So like it's something else going on. I think that's a good discussion. I would be surprised if we hear that, you know, they're doing something to restructure these earlier tier or they're adding more vehicles or something. I'm not sure, but I think I'll.
Speaker 1: Admit I'm really excited about the idea. I love the idea of exploring the reserve level.
Speaker 2: And expanding on that, especially if it meant adding in World War One, I think that sounds great, and also to your point that you brought up what was it last no the second podcast when we were talking about infantry, What if this is just simply making more room for World War One infantry that have more of those vehicles.
Speaker 3: That'd be interesting, And that goes back to the whole infantry discussion of when infantry comes to War Thunder, it's only supposed to be like post World War two to modern times and everything. You know, World War Two is supposed to stay in enlisted. But I don't imagine they're going to keep enlisted going. I mean, so maybe they're trying to make room to bring in listed porting and listed over and giving you your progress and your premiums that you bought on enlisted on War Thunder, you know, importing over maps or remaking the maps. I don't know, but yeah, it might. This could be a little bit of a sign that they might be going that way, or we could be reading into it too much. But I would love that, I would love I would love some pre or.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest, scale it's tough to not read into it. Because again, of the list, and y'all feel free to check out the list for yourself. We give it to you, so y'all can see we're talking about ninety percent of all the ground changes or what we're rattling off. It's all things that were at four point zero or three to three something in there all being moved.
Speaker 2: That's all it is.
Speaker 1: There is a couple of exceptions, like the BMTs, which we had already talked about. Yeah, right, and there is what the term three is going up in realism by a little bit.
Speaker 2: But other than that, it's all the things we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not a lot of there's just so.
Speaker 1: Many of them for me to not think it's got to lead to something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unless unless the last couple of br changes internally guide and planned on doing mid tier high tier changes, and then this time around they purely focused on what game breaking things needed change, like the terminator, which you know needed changed, or and then maybe they're just focusing on getting you know, low tier changes made. Who knows, it's they who know only I don't know how Guigeon operates internally. They could just be doing it in batches, or it's a sign that we might have something new coming, which would be a huge change because guigen has been pushing top tier and top tier and top tier. The last seems like two years. I mean, if they came I started streaming it, if they came out with a hey, next major update World War One, that would be huge. That would be massive. No one would see that coming. I would way to like, Yeah, I would love it, especially now that they're they're practicing, or that they're exploring having a larger player count on their servers. Can you imagine if they brought in sixty four verse sixty four World War One biplanes? Oh my god, like a giant fur ball at sixty miles whipping around and everyone's just tanking.
Speaker 1: And then you got like three or four people that have Zeppelins up and stuff.
Speaker 2: Man, that's so funny.
Speaker 3: It'd be cool.
Speaker 1: I know that that was not the best April Fools of it, but I did really love the beam of the World War One one last year. I think it wasn't a great Apple Fools event, but really fun event.
Speaker 3: I think the World War One ground was a letdown, but when you were in a Zeppelin air with the air was so much fun because you're flying around in canvas stretched wood framed biplanes with the heaviest counterweight called your engine on the front of your plane ever and you're taking a single thirty cow that's ripping through your canvas, but you're also flipping around at crazy like high g's yeah, because you're.
Speaker 1: Only going like one hundred miles an hour if you're doing Yeah, right, it's so much fun. I would love that'd be so great.
Speaker 3: Up the up the player count, bring in World War One, or just up the player count and reserve and then you know, bring in some World War one stuff. Yeah, that would be so cool. I would love that. That'd be like a huge like curveball that no one would have expected but would have been would be so cool. Is it gonna happen? Probably not. I've been told that Guidgen is working over to time. One of the reasons that my decal didn't come out for so long was because they had stopped all non essential things to help bring all their art team over and push out the infantry in a timely matter. So, you know, probably not gonna happen, but we can dream, and I think that would be a huge. It'd be a nice change. Everyone's pushing top tier, everyone's thinking about fifth gen stealth fighters, everyone's thinking about the new this, the new that, and ground. But like, yeah, if they pushed it back Reserve and then for two months everyone's just playing reserve biplanes and zeppelins and flak and spotlights at nightmaps or something shining up between all the biplanes, that'd be so cool. I'd be so down for that.
Speaker 1: Again, just to be the deab be downer for all you high tier ARRB players and stuff. The truth is, and this is just yeah numbers, more people play low tier stuff than high tier anyway. Not that I'm saying high two people shouldn't get their jets and their tanks. I'm just saying there's nothing wrong with this idea either.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have been pushing high tier for so long, and I'm not saying that those players don't deserve content.
Speaker 2: I believe every player deserves.
Speaker 1: Content, which is why I'm saying this would be great because when is the last time you had a real, true fun update to the low end of the game.
Speaker 3: It's been a while a long time. Yeah, and one more thing I want to touch on another bit of news. I forgot about this, so this is a curveball for REV. But they did post on their the warth ontodevs did post on the their Russian telegram, and so the translation is they talked about three things. One was we've talked about this on stream multiple times, but the s U thirty premiums, the a m V and the MKK s U thirty's. Everyone calls them overpowered there and they're not in this br change for whatever reason, they're not upteering them. They touched on it on their telegram and they said at the moment they are performing similarly to the other aircraft of their battle rating and did not require an increase. However, we will continue to monitor them and make adjustments. I think that's bs if you ask me, as a guy who plays top tier air a lot, I think just because they're not performing well is because every timmy that's level four bought it for Christmas, and so they're not doing that well. But they're incredibly good, so I think that's a little wild. I think they should probably be moved to thirteen to seven. But that's that's what guy just said about that and the bnpts. They touched on the bnpts they said there have been suggestions to raise the battle ratings of the BNPT series the Terminators by two tiers at once instead of just one, but the vailable data indicates that there's an increase of one tier may be sufficient, especially considering they will begin to face vehicles with a maximum BR of twelve seven. Now, nevertheless, we will continue to monitor their effectiveness and make further changes. So obviously the player base has been saying since the terminator came out that it should probably be twelve. Oh and I think it was gonna be like ten to three when it first came out or something like that, and now it's eleven seven.
Speaker 1: So yes, so say what I said last podcast, it should be BR seventeen, put it all the way, so make a BR.
Speaker 2: And said it. That's where that thing should be unless it gets nerved.
Speaker 1: And I know we don't like nerfing things, but the BMPT can destroy everything ye up to up to thirteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is a cool metal right now with the Ariet tanks and the whatever the British equivalent is. I think I think it's British. No, yeah, no, the French and Italian tanks they have they got a new heat round, a new h E shell this last update. So there is a current thing where you're fighting the premium BNPT, where you can hit it right in the front and it'll one shot it with the h round that they added over pressure, so you just overpressure it. But it doesn't work for the tech tree one. So that people are finding ways to counter them, but it shouldn't be that hard to think of a way to counter them. So that guide you in is pretty much saying, hey, we heard what you said, get bent. We're gonna move it up point three at a time and keep paying our rent with it. Essentially same with the SU thirties, so that all the premium vehicles that everyone has been saying is aggressively monetizing the game and they're pay to win and stuff. Guide's pretty much telling you, hey, we know what's best for you, like a politician. We heard, we've heard your complaints, we know what you need, we know what's best for you. Kind of thing I want to.
Speaker 1: Say real quick while we're going over that before we wrap up today. One thing Gail and I talked about and he hit really heavy, man, what I don't want on my podcasts if we talk about Russian bias.
Speaker 2: Yet here he is, well, they just said you rushing bias.
Speaker 3: And then one final thing from this telegram uh telegram message from the developers for all the low tier British players out there. Geigen said that they've seen people's feedback when they've been requesting American sixty one APH to add to British tanks. They're considering this possibility of doing so. However, introducing it now could require an even greater increase to battle ratings to some of those British vehicles. Therefore, we will decide on issuing it to specific machines after these battle ring changes are released and after collecting data. So if you are a British player out there, and every person who ever plays Britain, the main complaint is you get stuck with that damn APDs or APCR solid show you get solid shell, you just get.
Speaker 2: Solid a trade off there because one thing that the British tanks do have, remember this is my primary area of the games, this is I love that area of the game. One thing that they do have, like we agree, the shells, they get suck, but they also have some of the best armor in speed at that br by a lot.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so and they get lowis Cromwell, the.
Speaker 1: Churchhill, et cetera. Those things, I mean to be cliche are tanks. But tanks in like the truest word it is, even with those good American shells, can be very difficult to beat them. Even the Russians can have trouble pinning if you don't know where you're shooting. So what I'm saying is, if you're the average player out there and you don't spend time going, hey, does this round penetrate at this spot, you're probably struggling against a lot of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I do agree with them on that third point.
Speaker 1: If you gave them great shells, that might instantly make that the best early ground tree in the game, and that might be a little overpowered.
Speaker 3: But I think a lot of new players have struggle when it goes to play Britain because that solid shot. So there is a possibility that in the next few months, if you are a british Man or you're starting you're thinking playing Britain, keep an eye out for the dev updates. We'll talk about it obviously on the podcast if they do announce it, But there is a possibility that they're going to pourt over America's M sixty one, which America's M sixty one shell is phenomenal in the low tier. There's a chance it's going to be come into some of the low tier British vehicles too, So that is pretty.
Speaker 1: Definitely it's a very interesting thought, and I would love to actually again the SU thirty stuff I'll roll my eyes on because hey, guess what, I have opinions, But on that one, I actually really like that as an idea, and I do agree with them that the best way to do that would be rolled out like one or two tanks at a time, test it and see what that looks like.
Speaker 2: But I love the idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's a great idea. So yeah, I completely forgot about that. And so that goes right along with the BR changes, so not necessarily relevant to the BR changes we're seeing now, but in the future that's Guidgin's mindset. So that's a little bit of a peek into their psyche when it comes to their BR changes and stuff like that. So yeah, I mean, so, how do we follow you on Telegram? I just don't ask them. I'm getting this information. I've got feelers out there.
Speaker 2: Oh man, hey, look, we just will say thank y'all for we just had the most watched episode of the podcast on YouTube, and that's really humbling. Thank y'all. We hit over one hundred vity subscribers on YouTube.
Speaker 1: That is awesome, and now we just need y'all to get about five thousand of your friends do the same. So we're glad you're enjoying it. We hope we continue to make it better. Topics that y'all want to hear, we want to talk about them, and even if y'all disagree with us, we are both individuals who welcome the.
Speaker 3: Disagreement and hopefully discussing these open communications in Guidean's internal communication apps doesn't make us just get kicked straight out in the program. Now that would be great.
Speaker 2: We need to go ahead and request our may Ye podcast.
Speaker 3: And they just they just gave me my decal in game today too, So man, it's a great week to get kicked off the guidge in partnership.
Speaker 1: It's just everybody, go to twitch dot tv four slash night Gale, get this man's code, get the decal while it lasts.
Speaker 3: It's limited to time because we're done. Well, thank you guys so much for listening. Like always, if you guys have any comments about anything that we said, if we said, if we misspoke, please correct us. But if you guys have any feedback, especially about the whole classified document leaks from Guidgeon. If you have anything you want to add to that, feel free to put it down the comment section below and drop that link in that comment. That helps a lot. And uh, if you guys want any more information in real time between episodes, me and Rever are always live every week on Twitch. Our links are going to be down below. So but once again we appreciate it. This is we've now crashed, sorry, crossed over to the second month of podcasts. So thank you guys so much, and for that last episode. Like Rev said, that was an awesome episode. Thank you guys all for listening and that's all I have to say. So.
Speaker 2: Also check out his T shirt. Everybody who wants one look at it. We got Thunderbuddy t.
Speaker 3: It might be the first. I don't know, I've not been monitoring, is the first.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody else I don't have one yet.
Speaker 3: It's crispy.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing my merch. You've got the nice thought.
Speaker 3: Sits right in the right in your goodie bits too. So when it's nice and fresh, that screen printing just really rubs real nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it doesn't matter if we get monetized people, because Gail's gonna get his