Speaker 1: You're listening to Big for Society, and I'm Jeremiah Byron Tonight's story doesn't come from a seasoned researcher or a lifelong believer. It comes from a retired cup and a former federal law enforcement officer who thought Bigfoot was just a myth. That is, until the woods of North Georgia came alive. A broad shoulder figure crossed the road in daylight, a truck shook, a tent was approached, and somewhere in those Appalachian foothills, the believers became the hunted. This is the story of Scott and Shila Granger and the night Bigfoot came calling. So stay with us, all right, Big for Society. You've got the privilege of talking to Scott and Shila Granger today. Scott and Shila are involved with Squatch Fishing outfitters down there in l J, Georgia, up there in Northern Georgia. And now listeners of the show might have heard of that area already. If you haven't, it's an extremely active area up there in Northern Georgia. So welcome to the show, guys. How's it going today, It's going great.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having Thank.
Speaker 1: You for absolutely. I've been looking forward to this one for a while. How did you guys get involved with, uh, with Bigfoot to begin with and start up this, uh, this outfitters business that you have.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see years ago in South we lived in South Georgia. Uh, I'm retired police officer for a little over twenty years. Scott's retired federal law enforcement. You know, we would we would watch all this stuff on television and the biggest thing was Legend of Boggy Creek. That was my favorite movie. He had never seen it, and so I had him watch it and you know, talked about the NonStop back then. Did I thought it was just like like a unicorn, you know what I'm talking about, Like it wasn't couldn't be really real. But you know, we we ended up moving up here to North Georgia about eight years ago, and I've seen an opportunity did to go on a big fit expedition, and I was just I lost my mind, you know, begged him to go, let's go, let's go. He finally consented, and uh we went on that expedition and that kind of like snowball from there.
Speaker 3: Did you know it was? It was kind of unique. She she wanted to go, you know, and I'm one of them fellers that I tried to do everything and do to satisfy your wife and all, you know, because I like to eat, you know, I'm like everybody else. I'm not going to miss a meal over by doing what she wants to do. Nice but so so I went on the expedition with her, and we had a few things happen, you know that kind of opened my eyes on that outing. And you know, because I was probably the biggest skeptic in the world, you know, I was that guy that I tell you QUI you know, men, I have hunting and fish and the river bottoms and the swamps all my life. I truly have. And I did see a lot of things during those times, you know it, and heard things that I couldn't really explain, but I never put two and two together about it. And after going on that first hiding, you know, and getting to hear some things, I opened my mind a little bit more and said, you know, that could be something to this. And that's kind of how it got started off.
Speaker 2: That one weekend. You know, we heard several things. Just if I had not been there and heard it with my own ears. Somebody could have told me that, I would have thought, man, you're nuts, you're crazier or whatever. And you know, I wanted to believe so bad. We were so excited about it, but I kept telling Scott, you know, I'm just I'm not going to say there's such thing as biga until I see it with my own eyes. And I'm one hundred and ten percent sure that, you know. That's when I all admit it, and lo and behold. It was a few months later. I got the opportunity during the day, at two o'clock that afternoon, about twenty five yards away, I saw a bigka and from that point on and I went from in I believe her to a knower one percent.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it's okay. So there's a lot a lot of stuff that happened to you guys pretty quick. I want to I want to hear what kind of vocals you guys heard on that expedition, Like what kind of things were you running into?
Speaker 3: First? Yeah, what what happened? We had a friend that was on this outing with us that we had met, you know, a good bit prior to this outing and the night before the actual expedition, started. We all loaded up in my truck and we take off of the woods day. He's want to show us a couple of different areas. So we're we're heading up there, and she will see something go across the road in front of her, in front of us. Well, when she saw that go across the road in front of was you know, I got on the brakes, stopped, and we all bail out of my truck. And it's a full At that time, we had a full size ram, so we had five people in there. And I'm standing right in front of the truck and Sheila and our friend he goes on on up ahead. We're whatever crossed the road up there. We're standing there, we're talking amongst ourselves, and the prettiest whoop you ever wanted to hear come from less than fifteen yards away from us, right to the left of us. Well, we're in an area that we had never been in. And and I say that telling you about that ram, because the ram has a really good set of headlights on it that shine the way out to the sides. And I'm looking over there where this whoop come from, and I look back at another young lady that's standing out there beside me. In her eyes are about his bag as saucers, And she said, did you hear that? And I said, of course, so we're looking for it and never did see anything, but I mean we got to hear it. And Shela and our friend, you know, they're up there. They're looking at her. Whatever it was crossed the road, and some limbs are still wiggling in the in the way there where it crossed. After that. Our buddy, he said, he told us, he said, you know, he said, these things are up here, pretty pretty thick, and he says, they they're real good to mimic things. Now what I'm fixing to tell you, if there hadn't have been five other, you know, five of us up there to witnessed this, I would never tell it.
Speaker 2: And if I hadn't hurt it myself, I wouldn't have believed it.
Speaker 3: She gets two rocks, and he classes me together flies and right down from us, probably not thirty to thirty five yards, there's a small stream running something. Class two rocks back twice, and he eggles a little bit, and he class some rocks again two more times, and right off the bat, something down there clacks those rocks.
Speaker 4: Twice, so he's playing with that a little bit, and he said, I wonder so he's done the shave and a haircut deal, you know that don't don't it, don't don't, don't don't clax with those rocks, and we're all sitting there and this whatever it is, mimics that back with rock clacks.
Speaker 3: And at this point we're all, you know, like an amazement and everything, and we are up here in the middle of absolutely nowhere in these mountains. There is no other person up here where we're at to you know, do anything like this back at us. And then we're all talking and he says he he's telling us. He says, you know, these things are extremely over c d about things, and he does the don't don't, don't don't and he doesn't do it anymore. And down at the creek it goes clack clack.
Speaker 2: It finished it.
Speaker 3: It finished it, no way. Yeah, yeah, And I'm telling you, if if there happen to been as many people standing there that all heard and witness this, I would never tell that story.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And it's still kind of like people are not gonna believe this, and I wouldn't believe. I wouldn't blame them at all.
Speaker 3: No, not at all. I mean, because if somebody told me that, you know, right off the bat, my first thing was saying, he said, I believe your cheese is just about slipped off your cracker use. But you know that happened, and uh, we were there to witness that. And then we go on up the road. You have to kind of picture some of these mountain off the way roads. We get to the top of it and there's kind of like a cold to sack are in there.
Speaker 2: Dead end into just nothing but woods.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we get my truck turned around be where we're pointed out in the event something does have for anything, we need to get out of there quick. And then she listening out behind my truck, probably twenty yards away from my truck and our friend, a couple of people. They go on down a little trail. Well we can see their red head lamps and every thing as they're going down the trail. As they get on down the trail out of sight, we noticed this area up here has like a like a next level down off the edge of it. Something extremely heavy starts walking around this terrace of the stock.
Speaker 2: You can feel the percussion and hear it boom.
Speaker 3: Boom, and as it's walking, you know, you think like something it's stomping. It was walking so hard, and it gets around toward the front of our truck and you could hear it walk up toward us a little bit. And I told she loved that time. I said, let's see he's on towards the truck and she was like a why, and I said, well, I don't want whatever this is to get between us and our vehicles. So we started easing towards the truck. And uh, our buddy had to laid his cell phone on record on the hood of my truck. And as we're easing to the truck, that phone lights up, and which I didn't think a whole lot about that at that point in time. It you know, it wasn't nothing either way to me. But we get up there and when they get back, I tell him that, you know, you must have missed a text or something, you know, your phone lied up. Well, he looked, he looks at the phone. He says, that phone doesn't light up unless you touch it, and uh, and he showed me that that phone doesn't light up, you know, unless it gets touched, and which was pretty unique. You know, to say the least about that point right there. The rest of the weekend went off, you know, small things happened, and not not a whole whole lot.
Speaker 2: Well we had we were this is our first camping, real big camping, you know, we were brand new to it. But later that night we were in our tent and heard I heard something he did to walking across the river towards our campsite. And you know, I'm like Scott, Scott, he says, I hear it, I hear it, and it comes to the little table we had it there. We had been cooking bacon earlier in the evening, you know, and you could hear it. You could hear it, and I'm kind of freaking out over there. And this is no joke because we had no idea of what to speak. I heard Scott reach over there and unsnap his you know, holster, which that wouldn't have done any good, I assure you. And this thing is right beside the tent and it lets out this big, like exasperation kind of thing, you know, and just turned around and started walking off. And again you could hear the boom boom. Let me tell you something, I was so scared. Had that thing touched that tent, I would have jumped up and ran with a tint and everything, probably laid myself out with a tree. But I was terrified.
Speaker 3: But that, you know, that kind of sets up the tone here. That was our first outing for this, and.
Speaker 2: They say, you know once you start down that, I'm gonna tell everybody, if you start down this rabbit hole, be prepared for more questions you will ever have answers to either you're going to be addicted to it like we are, or you're probably never gonna go in the woods again.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yeah, I agree, one hundred percent. I'm makingness.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So from what you guys had, the way you've been talking, it sounds like this is this is more of like a private expedition.
Speaker 3: That one was it was, and that we went on and we wound up after that helping that group out a good.
Speaker 2: Bit and just going out with friends we'd made from that group.
Speaker 3: And the more we helped out with that group and everything, the more we've seen how things were going in that group. And it's a big group and uh, very costly and actually had done that for a pretty good while. We would always have people when people would find out that we had went on these things and had been on them things that a lot of folks had a lot of interest in it and really wanted to go, but they weren't willing to drop that kind of money on doing that. And we sit back and we thought about it for a lot and said, you know what, what would we actually do one of these four for people and uh and make it where there's not as many people there and you know, get away with money wise and at least break even. So we did that and that's how squat Fish Outfitters got bare.
Speaker 2: It took a while, over a year and a half to get everything we needed to get, but it's pretty much our life now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's wow. How cool is that? I mean, it's a thing where it's obviously you guys love love going out there and to make it a part of your life in that way. So now now I got to get it out there and it's just that's awesome.
Speaker 3: How cool.
Speaker 2: We we've met so so many good people and become friends with so many people. I mean, we have a ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, We've had people leave an outing with us and be become lifelong friends with other folks that were there. Oh, yeah, you know, that's that's a lot of what it's all about. We also also guide fly fishing and we try to incorporate. That's how the name Squashed Fishing Outfitters come about. We're trying to find something where it incorporated both of them into it, and she looked come up with it one day, she said it, and it stuck from that point. Yeah, I love it. Our our mannerism of doing things is, you know, the group we had been asociated with and going off with, they would they would take a lot of folks on outing, and it seemed like when we were there, prior to all the other people getting there, there would be a good activity happening and everything.
Speaker 1: Big for society who would be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: As soon as all the folks showed up, everything would kind of quiet down, which stands to reason you started introducing a whole lot of folks into the forest that all the animals and everything are still there, they just kind of honker back and sit back and watch and remain quiet. So we drawed it down before. We only take ten participants at a time, and you know, smaller group of group large enough to be safe, but a group not so large to where it overwhelms the forest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think last year's was it last year, the very last last excussion. We had a We had a guy that was doing a documentary, Greg Ogle, was a very nice guy. Him and his his the young guy that helps him. We were going out out to where we were going to go hunting that night, right, and so Scott was in the Lee Troit. We had like three or four vehicles. Scott was driving, Greg was in the passenger seat and his friend was in the back seat. Uh, and had one run right across the road in front of them.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, both of the eyes got to see it, the weak they were. And you know, and here it is. We're filming a documentary and everything, and it's no cameras rolling. Yeah that's the age old story. Yeah, something truly amazing happens and you're there doing this specific thing, but you don't have any cameras throwing. But we did get footprints, Yes, we did.
Speaker 2: Went up beside the ridge. Footprints we got I think it was eighteen half inches seventeen and a half.
Speaker 3: It was awesome and you know, those guys were shocked and everything, and it's it was very good outing.
Speaker 2: But we you know, the best thing I enjoy We've done this for a few years now. The best thing I enjoy is when new people come, you know, with expectations, Ah, this is bull crap, this is not real, blah blah blah, and then something happens. I'm thinking about the last last year, we had a gentleman, you know, he believed in it, but he's never seen anything. And we told him these jokers up here like throw stuff. So he was standing there and all the rockets get thrown and he loses his mind.
Speaker 3: He did, and it's that's you know. We have a a pair has been a wife team. They're both Dennis, and she drug him to one of our addings. They come on a very regular basis, super great people, and she was the believer. He was the sure enough just like me, big skeptic and uh. But he wound up in See One first through through a thermal and after that moment right there, now he's ready to get up here. Ever since he gets now.
Speaker 2: It was it was so funny because after he's seen it, he come back down to the campfire and he sat there and didn't say a word. I said, you okay, He said, yeah, I'm just I'm trying to absorb what I just saw. You know, you get quiet because your mind, I know in my mind, you know, it sent me about three days. I was trying so hard to convince myself they had to be a bear, They had to be a bear, but I knew it wasn't a bear.
Speaker 1: Are you guys going all over North Georgia then? Or you probably have to keep locations a little bit, you know, in the back pocket. But is it all over like that l J area or.
Speaker 3: It is we spanned out? Uh, we spanned out from a little Jay all the way over to Rayburn County, Okay, and uh, you know in that in that region right there. And the big thing is we have several areas that we keep monitor We monitor very closely, and this isn't a weekend thing for us, you know, this is a four to six day a week thing we do. And we keep real close observation on these areas and that's how we determine where we're carrying folks, you know, on our next outings and everything, because we may have two areas that are very active at that point in time and we have to we always want to carry folks. You know, to the area that's the most active at that point in time, you know, to afford them the opportunity and are the best opportunity and chance to get to experience you having a experience or even possible sighting.
Speaker 2: Now we've we've taken people out before and had to leave. You know, of course, if you see a mama bear with cubs, you know you don't want to stay in that area, or if something you get that feeling, or something's being thrown, or the grouls and stuff. We're not trying to put anybody into any danger.
Speaker 3: Now. We pushed that envelope a little a little hard on ourselves, but when we have other folks out there, we maintaining the most safety as possible.
Speaker 1: Yes, Scott, you said a phrase that it was real quick. But you said you have a group that's that was something like a group that's large enough to be safe. What what do you mean by that?
Speaker 3: Yes, Well, when when situation and things like what we do, you want to have enough people there that enough numbers like to show a little bit where you have it de tours something from wanting to you know, encroach on you more. Yeah, more than one or two people. The but not big enough to where it makes things shut.
Speaker 2: Down, and we don't do this by we have a crew that helps us, and thank goodness for them.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely. If it wasn't for them, you know, we couldn't get accomplished the amount of things we do. And that's what I mean by that. And I hope I answered your question.
Speaker 1: No, I think you did. Was there a situation that you guys went through where you had to learn the hard way, like maybe you didn't have enough people present and just things kind of escalated or.
Speaker 2: No, it happened with Well, it was me and Scott and a couple of others when we were out scouting. We weren't really weren't doing our thing yet. We were out scouting. We were bluff charged.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Yeah, we were hard blood. We were hard bluff charged. And that there were four of us and that was it. And it weren't like we were all right there in a very tight knit group. We were kind of spread out a little bit. We're walking along, you know, checking out some areas and this at night, and we heard it coming off the ridge above us to our right. And when it started coming, I mean, it was, oh my goodness, it was. It was coming. Yeah, well, the Mountain Laurel up here in these mountains and certain areas, you know, it's pretty thick and that stuff was tough. As soon as it started coming off of that ridge, everybody spins their head around, so all the headlamps were point up that ridge and you could literally see that Mountain Laurel parting. I mean as it was coming down, and u it stopped within about ten yards of us. I mean just all of a sudden stopped. I don't we don't know if it jumped over the top of us, if it come to a trail right there, you know and cut off on a trail or something, or what it done. But it immediately stopped. But we were we were both braced for impact, you know, and like you won't get right over by a linebacker or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd done like prepared for you know, like a rabbit squatting down.
Speaker 3: Just no. Yeah, And then we've had some other things happening, you know, where we've had things thrown, you know, a small number of people there, and I mean some big opposites thrown and things like that. It's uh, and you know that's kind of where I get to have enough people to be safe, but not enough people to overwhelm things.
Speaker 2: And I think people when they, like I said, when they come on these expeditions, especially the ones that are skeptics, that's that's the best ones.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: We had we had a couple that come and and he did get to see Actually they both got farm that night and they had we have a base camp and they had put their camp or tent on the edge there, you know, around everybody else's and you know, that's where they wanted to be. That's fine. But apparently we got back two three o'clock in the morning and everybody going to bed, settling down, they had some stuff happened to them, and they got up and set around the campfire all night too, scared to go back to bed because of all the stuff that was happening. Because so it does follow you back sometimes. But yeah, I mean they're both.
Speaker 3: Believers now, and yeah they are. And that's uh, when we found out the next morning they had both set up around that campfire all night long and they're stoking that fire even it going. I told him, I sent him, why didn't you let me up? And he said, he you know, very nice guy, he said, he said well, we really didn't want to bother anyone, I said, buddy, I said, that's what I'm here for. And uh, needless say, next day they did move that their tent system on up there, very close around everyone else.
Speaker 2: I told God, I said, I don't think they'll come back. Ib you know, they signed up for how many three or four cents there?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's that's that's an intense experience that that they had in these areas for them. Yeah, absolutely absolutely in these areas that your guys are going to. You know, I talked to people from all over the US, and there are definitely different. You know, sometimes people are seeing things that look like an orangutan, or sometimes it's it looks like an old man or a humanoid type figure. Is there are there any uh, you know, common things that are usually seen in the sightings that your people are having when they are are being taken out on these expeditions.
Speaker 2: What I saw when I saw, like I said, that was two o'clock in the afternoon, not twenty five yards away, and it made a noise. Otherwise I probably went I looked that way, it made like a clicking noise, and I took a step back and looked about my four o'clock and it was behind a tree, and you know, you're looking. This was in September, so there wasn't a lot of green foliage left, foliage left or anything. I'm looking at it and it moves a little bit, you know, I'm seeing something something. I'm looking at it. It's looking at me. There's no doubt. It's behind a tree. It had his hands around the tree, and his left shoulder was, you know, on the left side, but the right shoulders on the right side, so I mean the tree was. He was way bigger than the tree, is what I'm saying. And he was like a cinnamon color. But it looked like a huge person to me, with no neck, with like a red reddish fur coat on. But the face, it had no hair on the face. It looked like clay. Yeah, like gray clay, you know. And I looked and I thought Scott and our friend was right behind me, but I apparently I went on up the ridge by myself and I said, you know, I remember saying Scott, and he said something down way down the ridge. You know, this thing starts moving a little bit more. I'm looking at him. He's looking at me and then you know, bouncing, and I said, Scott, like that and when I did, it dropped down and just it just dropped like a puff of smoke and was gone. Well he recognized, you know, something's wrong, and so they come running up the ridge and when they get up there, I'm just shaking all over, like you know, just had a huge dump of adrenaline. And you I tell him, I said, there's a bit there was a big foot there, you know, and pointed and my friend and I ran over to the tree I had pointed out to Scott. And if I had called that over the radio, I didn't realize it was a decline, so I would have thought about six foot. But by the time I got down there and seeing that it was on the decline, it would have had to have been like seven and a half eight foot tall.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The ones that we're you know, typically encountering up here, they're they're more human looking than apish. They're more kind of I would call it like nand orthotic. Yeah, on looking the Uh. Everyone I've had the opportunity to witness, have you know, you hear a lot of people say about the conical shaped head. Everyone that I've had the opportunity to witness has had a roundish round more round head not that up jettisoned conical.
Speaker 2: Shape and no neck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the no neck things just for their from their traps, their muscles and everything being you know, you think of an Alabama linebacker, you know, sitting there without his pads on, how he looks like he's trapping his muscles from the top and from the base of his skull out to shoves. That's that's kind of how these things are. And they can move and that age will say and that people say, well, they don't have any neck. They have to turn turn their body to be able to turn their head. That's wrong. These things turn their head. I've witnessed that personally in the daylight of them turning their head and it's uh. The only variation we have up here pretty much that we've encountered and noticed is color incise. Yes, the we have seen black ones, uh, Like Sheila said that the one she's seen was a cinnamon color type brown. We've had people report to us of seeing grave ones white and one white one. But that you know, they have that primate look typical will look but more Neanderthaltic. If that if you can imagine that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think at times, because we go to several different spots that we kick on routine, I think they recognize this.
Speaker 3: Big.
Speaker 1: So society will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, much as where you.
Speaker 1: Go, Sheila. You said something in your account that made me almost fall out of my chair, and I'll explain why, but I have to be it's going to be vague. So an individual reached out to me from Iowa. I'm in Iowa, and he had shared about he's been checking out this area where there's been wood knocks happening, howls, but also there was a night where he had him and his friend there and they started to be surrounded in this wooded area and the creatures that were out there started clicking at them. And I was like, I've never heard the clicking thing, and I've been doing this for years, And when you just said clicking, I was like, holy mackerel. So is that a thing you guys are experiencing a lot down there where there's like these clicking things happening.
Speaker 2: Yes, And you know, at first I'm thinking, like I said, it had to be doing that to get my attention, Otherwise I had no reason to look where I was looking because I was at the top of reach looking over it, you know, looking at the dirt roads and everything down there, and I had to take a step back and go to my four o'clock. But that wasn't the first time we've been in the woods before and had the clicking, so we were associating it to it was wanting us to look that way maybe while the other one moves to distract us. Well, then we've we just recently heard uh from other people that this this is a what do you how do you want to say that? Like a mating thing or something like that. That's when I fell out of my chair.
Speaker 3: Chairs. Yeah, I don't have to compete with other fellows. I got to compete with.
Speaker 2: I don't think so not a forest ride, right, Yeah, but yeah, we've we've heard the clicks makes us a ton popping thing. I'm not sure how they do it. There's it's definitely a click.
Speaker 3: And we it's very noticeable. It's not something you know that did I think I heard that now? It's very noticeable. What happens.
Speaker 2: The only the thing that really has freaked me out. Scott and I were putting now We were hiking in the woods, of course, and we were going to set out audio and we were way back in the woods and I started hearing something. I said, do you hear that? And he says, now here's something off to my left. I said, none of them stop listen. It kind of sounded like somebody was like driving in a tent steak, you know, that kind of repetition. But then all of a sudden, it was almost like you're in front of a gorilla cage. It was like like it was building itself up. It done about three or four times, and the fourth one was like something was mad, you know, So of course we go down there to try to find it. We did get the audio put up, and we were gone for about three or four days. We came back and we brought two friends with us, my best friend and her husband. So Scott and him went back in the woods to retrude the audio, and she and I were around a fire. We were in the woods. We just went as deep as they were and it was just me and her and we're sitting there and I start here stuff and this was about dark. Start hearing something, and it's getting closer, and I've got all this on audio, and I said, you hear that. She says, no, I don't hear it. Of course she's she's not going to let the fire go out. She was busy trying to put wood on the fire. Sit down and listen. And it's the only thing I can liken it too. If you've ever heard of alligator growl, that real guttural growl, I got fourteen on those recorded. It was coming up from the ridge to Ada, was getting closer and closer to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, there's fourteen of those growls on that audio and right right at the end of the last growl, one of the prettiest works everyone here. But it's and we're going to catch that on two different audios, on a recorder and on phone recorder, which was pretty neat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, you know. I sent it to a friend of mine and they said that, you know, thought it was an alpha male that you know, no women needed to be by their sell or children. Will let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: Who you were talking about your friend having a situation where they were out in the woods. You know they were thinking they were being surrounded. This is another reason why you know, we use the number of enough enough to be safe. Me and Sheila and three of our other friends. We were out just camping one evening and over the weekend, and we had a situation where we were at where we had at least three at these three different individuals just outside of the light of our camp tree knocking. I mean, these things were beating on trees like they were no tomorrow and whooping all around us. And we were surrounded that night and that was extremely, very uneasy feeling.
Speaker 2: You can tell them about two thirty that morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that about two thirty that morning, after we're all bedded down and everything, we've left lanterns and everything running. This particular night because of all the activity and everything that's going on, we had we had something walking in behind our tent within we were in a camper. Now that's different.
Speaker 2: How is the different?
Speaker 3: Wellin eight to ten yards of our tent and walk in and I fully expected to start hearing the the kitchen tent, the stuff, you know, start get rubbings through, and it didn't. But it walked in between our tent and our buddy that used to always go with us, he sleeps in a hammock of all things. And it gets over there close to him, and you can hear it leaving out like it's gonna go on past him. Well, it doesn't get probably ten yards past his hammock, and he turns around and does a woodmut right there. Next morning I asked him, I said, I said, you heard heard that last night? He said, of course I heard it. He said it's some other words, and he said, of course I heard that. He said it was right there. And I said, did you see it? And he said, man, I did not open my eyes? Are you crazy?
Speaker 2: That's the best thing to me, That's my most favorite thing is when you're you're asleep. And I love tent camp because you can hear it all real good that walk and reminds me of Jurassic Park with that couple of waters there and the percussion. It just wakes you up from a dead sleep and you know instantaneously that's what it is.
Speaker 3: And what Sheila was asking me about was we had a we had a little small camper. It was a little thirteen foot you know, a little behind camper, and we were in pretty close to that same location. We were up there and we had betted down for the night and we had them whooping all around the camp and they were They walked into the camp and we had parked our jeep right behind our camp right there, and we had two that were, you know, sitting over there right in behind our jeep, just whooping and we're giggling about, you know, that wooping over there. All that kind of settled down a little bit and I had to cough all of a sudden, and when I did, I coughed really hard. Well, the moment I coughed, that little camper we were in got uh pushed almost off the blocks, but it was on.
Speaker 2: So it scared us and we scared them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh then she asked me, said, are you going out there? Of course not, I'm not because I know what's out there.
Speaker 2: The next day we could see like where something was on its knuckles, you know, and had crawled it there that way you could see really good muckle impressions.
Speaker 3: We run across the head, you know a lot of experiences and things, some good, some not so good, but overall, you know, we've had a blast with it something.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're not experts by any means of that word. I mean we learned stuff. We learned from people, we talked to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that to me, an expert will be a person that could tell you exactly what these things are, their origins, total nine hours about them. There's no one out there with those those credentials.
Speaker 1: No, there's not no and no experts yet for sure. Anyone that's been on any of your trips, have they ever experienced anything similar to to what people call infrasounds.
Speaker 3: No, not really. We've had a lot of severe nervousness, but okay, not that's not that party headaches and knowledge you but nothing that I would attribute to the whole thing where you hear people to my getting zapped and things like that with EF sound not.
Speaker 2: Really to me, it's almost like intuition, like when you know you shouldn't be there. We were in an old, old graveyard and once since we got out, it was like you could feel the tension so thick, you know, and it was not good. It's like your hair just stands up. And I told Scott we need to leave and everything was dead quiet. You know, when you get out and there's no birds, nothing going on. But during that time, if I hear any like a twig break or anything, I start taking pictures because if you can't see it with your eyes sometimes if you start taking random pictures, you know, and I did get something on that, yeah.
Speaker 3: A good picture that you know, trying to try and take your photos in the direction of wherever you hear the least little thing is. You know, the big things are obvious and they're not going to show those to you too much. It's that a little small like small twig crack or anything, that's what you're looking for. And we allows that on a lot of our expeditions, you know where when I have a group out and set on the hiking group, I have one team member that he stays on the back side of our hiking group. You know, he's monitoring both sides with thermals and behind us and everything. And one particular evening, we we have something thrown at us from the right hand side. Well, when things like that occur is his job. He starts skinning the entire area with the thermals, and that particular evening, he caught one on the left hand side. The what come from the right was just a distraction. He caught one on the left hand side over behind a rock, peeking up over a rock watching us. Now, this rock's not thirty five yards from us, and we everybody's watching him through thermal, you know, peeking over the rock. He's getting up high enough where you can see his head, shoulders, arms up her torso, so that went on for a pretty good while, and then I walked out there with this critter. My intention was for him, you know, to get up and walk off, or to run off, so everyone could see him move move away. One of my best friend's son, he's in his mid twenties, he asked me if he could go with me, and then he had a short discussion about the dudes, dawns and whatever is when we go out here. So I let him go with me, and we get out to this rock. I'm watching and paying close attention the whole time going out there, and about I was almost out of there to it, and my team member told me, hollered to me, and he said, I don't see it anymore right this minute. So then I thought, I said, well, he's laid down behind that rock. He's going. And I told the young man with him with me, I said, be careful, I said, we get over here, this thing's to jump straight up and take off. So we get over there and we look around behind the rock with our head lamps and there's nothing there. So immediately I pull out a big white light and shine in the direction I thought it may have went, and it was there, and I start scanning the area, and as I come around, I put the light right in this thing's face. He is fifteen yards away from us, squatted down with his back towards us. He's looking over and he has his shoulders turned. He's looking at us. Well. He had something on the ground right there that he was just not willing to leave. I don't know if he had a deer or what he had there to eat or whatever, but he wasn't willing to leave it. I told the young man that was with us, that's when I've become very nervous, you know, more so because I had him with me and told him, I said, he's backwards away from this, and he's on back to the group. So we did. The whole time, I'm keeping not directly on him, but the cast of the light on where I could watch him, and we ease on the back and get away from him, and then we kind of eased the group on the way because, like I said, he wasn't willing to leave what he had, so at that point, that wasn't a really good place for us to be. And that's actually the closest I've ever been to one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a little shoo up by that. Well, there was another time we were close to that same area, and I think this is kind of like in the beginning. And remember we had the guy that you think they reached out and grabbed his angle because Scott always tells everybody you know, if something happens, don't run because once you run, you've become prey. And Scott always tells him all I will tackle you if I need to to keep you from running to get hurt. He said, Now, if you see me or Sheila running, you better try to keep up.
Speaker 3: Or if you hear one of your guys say you're time to run, time to go. But yeah, that same particular area, I did have an individual take off on him. I'd say this area of the night or the day before, I'd carry folks up there and had a small game trail leading up to this area. Game trail about a foot and a half wide. All the foliage on each side of it was about between two and two and a half and three foot tall.
Speaker 1: Big for society, who will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: Well, that evening, we have everybody up there and there's two guys that are watching, one on thermal and this individual he's away from the group just a little bit and he's panning around, you know, with a night beating. He's looking around, and all of a sudden, I hear it, because I'm not fifteen yards away from this individual. I hear the pop. I mean it was that kind of pop that I honestly thought he got snaked it, and that loud, and he stumbles around by falls down and it goes to take off, and I actually catch him and get that all settled down because I think he snaked it at this point in time. So we pull them riches, legs up and look, you know, no wounds or anything. So he's on over there to where you're standing at and I'm looking around. There's no rock there or something's thrown or stick or anything. Nothing there. And I look at that game trail, and this game trail now is not a foot and half wide. It's all the foliage is pushed down to the ground a good foot and a half more on each side of the trail, and it's that way for as far as I can look down that side of that mountain on that game trail. And after seeing that, I didn't say anything to anyone, but I kind of had it in my own mind of what had happened, and it's, uh, you know, that's it was a pretty unique situation. Well, the next day, when I carry him all up there and he gets to get back up there to see where he was standing at and all that, he tells me. Then he says, he said, all that toli is and he notices it. He said, all that Pholius and everything's pushed down. Then I told him, I said, yeah, the day before you came here, that photiue wasn't pushed down.
Speaker 2: That's the only time we've you know, people talk about the smell. That's the only time we've ever smelled an awful future smell. I mean it's like hitting.
Speaker 3: A brick wall. We smelled it before, but not like that.
Speaker 2: H well, I mean, yeah, to that extent, we smelled musky doll, you know.
Speaker 3: That that particular evening And you kind of have to picture this a little bit because from where our sitting group is at a firing to where these individuals we hack too, is up the side of a mountain. Once everyone heard about these smells were smelling all the way up this mountain. Scot went up the side of that mountain three times that night. Good extra sense, it was. But I slept well just for everyone to get smell these smells.
Speaker 2: But I don't want to. You know, people say I'd like to go on the expedition, but I can't hike in. It's not that, you know. We we stay at a base camp. Everybody's kind of camped together, whether you're in a small camp or ten or whatever. And then we don't go too sometimes we won't have to go anywhere. We don't go too far away from that to where we'll go and build a fire and whatever whoever wants to sit there can sit there, and whoever wants to hike will lead to hike or change off back and forth. But to be honest with you, once you build that fire and just start talking and you're their entertainment, they're going to come to you regardless. I mean, we've had them follow us back to the to the base.
Speaker 3: Camp, and the hiking group gets followed back to the fire ring area too.
Speaker 2: The very first expedition we ever had. Scott had one group and I had another. So we stopped in one area and I mean it's pitch black, dark, pitch black. We only had one guy in that group and the rest were females, and I think what was about seven people, I had something like that, And we were sitting around the fire ring and uh, out of the woodline because we're totally circled by the woods. At the woodline, rocks started getting thrown. But it was funny because they were only getting thrown at the one male in the group.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That, and everybody picked up on that, noticed that the only male there is the only person getting rocks thrown towards him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Of course he was very uncomfortable and I said, yeah, they don't want you here.
Speaker 1: That's goodness.
Speaker 3: Wow. And you know a few lives in the fire ring, you know, a sitting group and a hiking group. We do our best to accommodate anyone you know that wants to do something like this, and it doesn't matter about their physical abilities. You know, if you can't hike, that's fine. We had that sitting area that you can participate in a lot of times, the sitting area has as much or more activity than the hiking groups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's true in females. I don't know what it is. You know that's that's true females and children. Well, we have a lot of activity at our house. We did not buy this house with that intention. We had no idea when we bought our cabin, but we found out and when the grant our grandkids are here, activity increases.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, a lot, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've had them. Let's see, jiggle the door handles, open, the screen door, slam it shut. Our daughter in law was the biggest skeptic I knew of. And she got up one night, was going to sleep on the couch, and that's when she says, I heard something walk on the porch. Jiggle the door handle, she said, I got it and went back to the bed, and she said, and a couple of minutes later, it starts tapping under the window. Well, we had other people say the same thing that stayed here before it taps under the window. It just I guess we've gotten so used to it. We just if it wanted to kick in the door, I mean, what are we gonna do.
Speaker 1: A few people listening to this are gonna say, how do you they're going to be like that sounds like ghost stuff. Are there things at your house happening that make you think, oh yeah, this is This is absolutely one hundred percent a big Foot related stuff that's going on.
Speaker 2: We can slay it.
Speaker 3: This is no.
Speaker 2: When we first moved here, we were like, lead in bed, what awake? Because like I told you about the footsteps. You know, there's a little path at the end of our house that goes down there to the water, and I called the pit pit cemetery path. I don't know why, but you can hear here run boom boom, boom, boom boom. It would turn our motion to take her push them up. It would oh my gosh, think what else?
Speaker 3: This home when we first bought it and had floodlights on all corners, but the floodlights were activated on switch inside the home. And I went to turn the floodlights on one evening and they didn't come on on the back side of the house, and I thought myself, I said, you know, that's pretty unique. Have both bulls blow at the same time. Now, to get to this corner of our home, it takes a twelve foot a frame ladder to get up or to change those bults. So I break out my ladder. The next day, have me in two new bulbs. I run up the ladder to change these bulbs out. When I grabbed the first bulb, it's loose. Well, it took four quarter turns to tie that bull back up. Well. I reached over and grab the other one. This loose also, and it's the same exact thing. Four quarter turns tie this bull up. Well. Now this house does not vio break or have any you know, any kind of rattling in like that to cause those bullets loosened up on their own. And I got to think, and I said, wait a minute. So I run down the ladder, run back in the house, run over, flip the switch on, and the lights come on, and I'm laughing to myself. I left right then went and picked up two motion to take her lights for that side of the house and installed them. Well, when I installed them, had them off set like I want them. We let because we were laying in bed at night in our bedroom, we we can actually see that one particular light come on. So I'm laying there waiting on that light to come on. And nothing happened that night the first night, but the second night the light come on. I was like, oh yeah, we got you now. Well the motion light at the other end of the house. She was now a hostless nurse, so sometimes she has to work in the evenings, comes home after dark. So we set that one up so when she pulls in out of the car port, the light will come on so she can see, you know, a lot better to get to the back door. And I had it set just right for and everything. Well, she pulls up one day and she says, hey, that light didn't come on. So I walked down and looked and the head the motion tacked her head on that light was pushed all the way up to the roof light. Well, these heads on these things, know, when you put this light together, there's teeth on these things that interlock to hold them in position. And you can't hardly move that thing without breaking it. And do that, I had to physically take that thing apart to pull the head back down to reset it. And it's uh, you know, little things like that right there.
Speaker 2: Well, we've been sitting at our fire pit in the front yard and it's i know, exactly six point fifty and it's recorded and we're sitting there and just right across the road. Now mind you, we're on a dead end road. There's five houses on this road, and you can't see each house, like you know, I can't see the neighbor's house or whatever. And we're like in a basin in between mountains. But something started right there across the road, and I'm telling you it would give you chill bumps. It was. It was like the biggest whoop to begin with. And right after that the code you started kicking in. And it just in the house. So I'm sitting there and Scott gets something. He said, I'm going to the house and get my gun. I said, well, I'm sitting right here. And I recorded that and it continued doing like that for the rest of the night. I mean, we can we can leave audio on the front porch, you know, and get all kinds of recordings. I can be in the bathroom getting ready in the morning, had the window up, and they'll start howling down the down the way there. You know, it's just not unusual.
Speaker 3: I'll be it's you know, I'm used to the fact of it and never think. And a lot of a lot of our neighbors. One of our neighbors in particular, he's had a sauding out here, and he'll text me in the middle of the night, and hey, step out on your front porch, and we all step out on the front porch and there there on the ridges aling.
Speaker 2: And these things are smart, I'm telling you their observance. Scott was staying back and forth in Florida for a while. He he was down there with family, and so I was here at the house by myself. Other than you know, my little dogs. They know when he's not here. He might take him a day or two, but activity will increase, you know. I got like I said, I've gotten to the point where it just don't matter. I'll come out here and go to bed, because if they wanted to come inside, there's nothing I could do to stop them in the first place. But about four o'clock that morning, I heard something out of that bedroom window. I just made a mental note of it. When I got up to go leave. The next morning, I go around and look where I heard the noise. For sure enough, there's a huge track right there. It's it's on our TikTok page.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It was right there at the window. So that's not unusual now, And.
Speaker 3: Prior to be, you know, fixing the motion tators. We'd be here at the house, the side of the house and get slapped. Our gas team would get slapped our meter box, something about that mer box. They love that that meter box for some reason, but they will they will slap fire around of it.
Speaker 2: There was one time our neighbor Texas and told us to step outside. He's at the very end of the road. Scott went out there first, and then he called me outside and I got outside on the front porch and something let out, some kind of I tell you what. It was like a war cry. It's the only thing I can liken it too. But again I had that rapid thing where you just don't know where to run, you know what what to do? It done that, and about I don't know, about five seconds later, on the other side of the house there was another one that let out one like that. I don't know if they were fixing fight. I don't know what was going on, but it who scared me to death.
Speaker 3: Yeah, up here on these ridges, there seems to be like a clan that stays in this area all the time. In two times a year, in a spring and in the fall.
Speaker 2: Keeps up.
Speaker 3: The activity around here picks up dramatically, and you can tell it's like it's like two titans have met each other on the ridge side up there, because it will sound like battle royal going on up there. And like I said that, those that happens about twice a year in the spring and fall. Here.
Speaker 2: I walked out of the back porch before, and you know, you can know what's especially a woman. I know what's in my yard, what's in my little flower garden there or whatever. And I looked over there and there was a quartz rock sitting by the front stairs. And I asked, gott, I said, did you leave that there? So I think they do stuff like that, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the rocks at the light.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something about that.
Speaker 3: You know how when you weed each your yard and everything you moan your yard, you know what's in your yard. And I had just we did not a day or so before, out behind the house here and me and She'll were out there for some reason and we were walking around a little and that there's two quartz rocks leading about three foot apart, you know, parallel to each other. And I see these rocks and I look it up there, those lights I told her, I said, let's come back, you know, just after dust's dark and see something. So we waited till just before dust dark. We walked down that path and as soon as it was dark enough that I knew those emotional lights would come on, I started walking up toward the house. As soon as I got to the quartz rocks right down, the light comes on and I'm giggling myself about it. And then because they're marking where that light comes on, so I picked their rocks up and I leave them the same disk as are moving forward toward the house about three feet and I said, well, y'all won't know where your marker is now. You'll trip lots that that they triple lots. And you know, it's like a game, you know, and we call this playing games sometimes, but you know it's like a game. Okay, I called you this time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we enjoy what we do. Otherwise we'd probably be traumatized and moving a big apartment in the middle of Atlanta somewhere right right.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously you guys are having some stuff happening around your house, and it's just it is very interesting the perspective because all have things like you've just shared to me from people and they will be just out of their mind, just like what is going on? But I mean, you guys are into it, which is awesome, and it's it's on and how you look at it. I do want to ask on exportitions, what what do you think is the weirdest thing that has happened? That's just like, God, don't don't really get what that was all about?
Speaker 2: How your orbs?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were out on one one evening and we had an ORB appear in a food plot of all places, and this orb was about the size and shape of a nerf football well. This orb appeared and it traveled down the side that food plot for a distance of about seventy five yards and there are four of us witnessing this orb. And it's uh, she was in in that area with us, but she was up in the area behind where, just out of side where she couldn't see this light coming, this orb. And once it got about twenty five yards up the food plot, coming directly towards us, it turned and went off into the forest and in behind the burn well. Once I went in behind the bern, we didn't you couldn't see it anymore. Didn't. It wasn't illuminated or anything like that. So we come back the next day and walk over there in behind that burn and all the foliage is crushed down to the ground like something that had embedded and laid right there. And hindsight, thinking about it, I kind of wish we had a walked over there through that burn that night, but we didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're still trying to figure the orbs out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that orb you know, they're a that's unique, you know, having't got a real good grip on that. I don't think anybody does. My thing is.
Speaker 2: Probably not My thing is the tracks. You know, we've we've seen tracks. I've seen tracks and the snow and all them, and they just disappear. Where did they go?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But when when when a track line just totally disappears in an area where be it snow soft train like that? I mean, if you're in some of this rock hard train, I totally understand them disappear, but and snow a soft train. When a track line just totally disappear, I mean it just it's no longer there and there's nothing around for something to jump up in the trees to travel in the trees. Where the trees aren't big enough to support something.
Speaker 2: When we first got into this, we went down this rabbit hole. Scott and I both were in agreement. You know, Okay, We're just going to concentrate on big fit. I don't want to talk about all this other stuff that people are talking about orbs, dog men, all these other cryptis blah blah blah. You know, this is just too much to bite off at one time. But I'm telling you now, once you start down this rabbit hole, forget it, because there's so many branches, you know, like I said, with the track to the orbs, and that went a dog, that was a dog man, that was this, it was that. I mean, it's just like you're gonna have way more answers than you'll ever questions rather than you have answers.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, I definitely agree with you. The more I talk to people, it's like, and the weird stuff is definitely part of it, and way more questions than answers at this point. I don't know if that'll ever flip around. We'll see, but man, guys, it has been just such a fun chat with you. I'm sure there well, there's a few wrap up questions I would say.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: You've mentioned a few times where you've taken photos, you've had audio recordings. Are there any places that people can see these photos and hear what you've recorded.
Speaker 2: I post a lot of that on our TikTok page squat Fishing Outfitters.
Speaker 3: And will you love the TikTok by for posts and stuff like that more so than our Facebook page.
Speaker 2: And we encourage people, you know, we enjoy this so much. We've been helping this little lady that's having a problem with a big foot and you know, we have not seen it yet. I don't It might be a bear, it might be a possum, who knows, but she's terrified to death, you know, and we're trying our best to help her. So, you know, if people want to ask us if they're having problems, we can help them in any way or tell them and give them ideas. We're all about that too.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's awesome. We have a Facebook page Quatch fash Outfitters. In our TikTok page.
Speaker 1: If people are like you know, it sounds like I would love to look into maybe checking out an expedition with you guys. What's the best way to contact regarding.
Speaker 3: That the best way to contact us is through messenger on Facebook, through our school fishing messenger, or our phone numbers. Our phone numbers are on our page. They can take to you the one of us.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic, man, It's it's that you've got some really cool stuff going on down there. North Georgia is one of those places I just love to talk to people for North Georgia. It doesn't matter if it's the northeast, central or northwest, and there's a lot of stuff going on in that state up in the north. But guys, you know, definitely stay in touch. I'm sure you'll be getting into even more crazy things. But but I'll have the links in the show notes for for how they can reach out to you and maybe take part in the expedition themselves. But thank you again for coming on the show. It has been a fun time.
Speaker 2: Guys, thank you so much for having us.
Speaker 3: If you get this, come go with us.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I just wanted to say thank you for listening to this episode of the Bigfoot Society podcast. Scott in Sheila's story is one that lingers, not just because of the rocks thrown in the dark or the truck that shook, but because it shows how quickly a life can change when you finally see what you thought was impossible. So huge thanks to Scott and Sheila Granger for sharing their powerful encounters from the forests of North Georgia and for reminding us that belief often starts with a moment you can't forget. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the channel on YouTube hit that bell so you never miss a new one, and share this with a friend who loves Sasquatch, Appleachian lore, or just a wild story from the woods. And if you're on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, please hit the fall button and if you'd be kind enough to leave a review, it really helps other listeners find the show. And if you've had or know someone who has had a Bigfoot encounter, especially in North Georgia around places like lj or Raven County, shoot me an email at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. I'd love to hear it. Also, don't forget sasas Watch Summerfest is coming up July eleventh through the twelfth in Oakridge, Oregon. Big for Society listeners can grab a two day pass for the price of one with code BFS at checkout. Tickets are available now at www Dot Sasquatch Summerfest dot com. So huge thanks to Priscilla and the crew for making that happen. Thanks again for being part of the big for society. Until next time, keep your eyes open, trust your gut, and never stop asking what else might be out there. See you in the woods.