Speaker 1: It's y.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you Boston's radio.
Speaker 3: Rob. I think you had to wake the announcer guy up. Al was right there. Al appreciated. What was that announcer guy doing? Was he nodding off or something? Or up? Well? I don't is that Al checking in here? That's Rob? Okay, good enough? I wasn't sure. I mean Al was right a spot on. Here's Dan Ray And like the announcer guy, isn't he like sitting in the boot there and ready to play the song?
Speaker 4: I think the buttons the buttons were sticky there.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, all right, there's Al. Now, Hey Al, how are you doing? Dan? Great to hear your voice. I'm surprised the Bruins. Basically they have draft rights to this kid now for a while of this guy from BC, but uh, I think they need some more immediate help. I'm surprised that. I'm happy for the for the young man from Boston College.
Speaker 4: But yeah, long, long way to go. They've got for agency coming up too, but they still have six more picks. But these are all dann My goodness, right, these are teenagers, eighteen year old, so it's a uh.
Speaker 3: It's a shot in the dark. And and the The Socks were edged tonight by by the Blue Jays.
Speaker 4: Close game. Yep, nine zip, yeah, four hits for the Socks. They are sputtering as they say.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I'm beginning to think that the Devers move might not have been as good as moved as people thought.
Speaker 4: Well, he's not. He's not exactly lighting lighting it on fire out out of the West coast.
Speaker 3: He's got a couple of homers. I don't know what he done, what he did tonight. I'm not sure whether I think they're I think they are playing the White Sox tonight if I'm not mistaken, which in my opinion, might be an opportunity for But no, look, Devers has had two home runs in the last week. Was that a few hits.
Speaker 4: Could be a could be a long hot summer? Here, Dan, I'm afraid, and.
Speaker 3: I don't want my summer ruined. You know that's what that's what what this week.
Speaker 4: Ruin my summer?
Speaker 3: Thanks al you? All right? All right, So here we are at the end of the week twentieth hour. I am not going to go over all the things we covered this week. We covered lots of stuff, okay, and a lot of it, as I'm sure you know, dealt with President Trump and the the Iranian attack, which now appears to be very successful. The ceasefire is holding between Iran and Israel. Uh and uh yeah, it's it's been a it's been a historic week. But I'm going to challenge you, and I like to challenge my audience, so please the only reason I challenge you is that you always rise to the occasion. I had an interesting experience on Sunday night. Some of you have heard me talk about it, but I want to explain it to you, and I want to explain I went from a moment of real panic through the assistance of a young guy at a gas station. And I will tell the story. And I don't expect your stories to maybe be as dramatic as mine, but I want to find out from you something that good happened, something that was good that happened to you this week. It's been a tough week. We were, you know, on the verge of war and all that worked out great, which is fine, But I'm talking about on a personal level, on that close to home level, maybe you did something this week that you're proud of that you'd like to talk about. That's what I want you to think about. Here. Let me tell you my story. I'm coming back from the Cape on Sunday evening and the traffic has sort of abated. I'm moving along on Route three North. I'm off the Cape over the bridge on Route three through Plymouth. I'm thirty miles from home something like that. Thirty thirty five miles from home. All of a sudden, my oil light goes on. Now it says low oil. I am not great on cars, And immediately my heart was in my throat. What does that mean? Okay? I'm alone. I don't have someone who can pull the information out of the owner's manual in the book. What I have a I guess now, a twelve year old Vovo station waget. Okay, I love the car. It doesn't fail me. Knock on wood. I don't want to jinx myself. But at that point, I'm thinking to myself, what do I do? Put yourself in my shoes? Do I try to get home? What happens if the agencies is up on Ruth three, that's not going to be good. And all of a sudden, as if I had a guardian angel on my shoulder, I see a sign on Ruth three that says gas stations one mile ahead and it says mobile station. Now I've gotten off roadways during my life looking for a gas station and the sign says come off, you know, get off this exit and there's no gas station. You got to take a guess. Do I go left? Do I go right? It's ten thirty at night or maybe ten fifteen at night. Well, I came off the exit. I almost didn't take the exit, but there was something at the last moment that said to me, take the exit. Take the exit. And I was probably going a little too fast and I almost missed it. But I got off the exit. It was a nice slow exit. I came out to a set of lights. I looked to my left and there was a gas station, the mobile station all lit up right there. I thought, well, keep let's see what happened. So I drove into the station and there was a young guy sitting there. It was just it was a pretty hot night. Wasn't what we were going to get on Monday and Tuesday, but it was. It was a precursor to that. So I rolled up right by the front door, rolled down my window and I said, can I buy some oil from what's your problem. I said, I'm down on oil. My light has just gone on. I found out later than a yellow light. If it was a red light, you got to stop. But I could have probably gone a little further. But I got off the road. This guy, this young guy, he's about twenty four to twenty five. I don't know. Could have been nicer. He said, let's pop the hood and let's see what I can do. Now again, I have some skills. Mechanical skills are not foremost on my list of things I can do. I can talk, but so I know how to open the hood. Pop the hood. I said, please be careful to motors hot. I'm ben. I'm on the road now for about an hour. He said, well, let me look, and he got the dipstick out and he said, sure, yeah, you're down to a quart. I said, to you sell oil, yep, I said, it's synthetic oil. He says, let's look at the manual. Let's make sure we put the right oil in. He found it perfect synthetic oil, exactly that the right mix. He came out, put two quarts in. He did all the work. I'm just watching and very personal young guy, and I tipped him. I paid for the two quarts of oil, and I doubled up on the tip, so I made it worth his while. We probably spent ten minutes and I was back on the road. Got home safe and sound. The next day went over to Mackenzie Autos all in Brighton, where I have my great friend John McKenzie and Tom Fay, and I got everything, got a complete oil change. Everything was taken care of. If you ever need a place in Brighton, Mackenzie Motors McKenzie Brothers. Ken has retired, John is still running the shop over there along with Tom. Anyway, my story is that I was so appreciative that that first of all, I made the right decisions. I didn't make the decision. Some force beyond me made that decision. I was ready to keep go to home, go home, but there was something inside me and said this is get off the get off the road. This guy was sitting there. I have no idea why he was sitting there. If he hadn't been sitting out front, what have I walked into the gas station. Yeah, I probably would have. But within a matter of a thirty seconds, not only did he assure me that yeah we got oil, don't worry, and I'll take care of it for you. It was I went from high anxiety to and I'm so grateful to this young guy's name was Tony. Left in my business card. He said, if I can ever be of helped you, give me a call. You have no idea who I am, but that's my business card. So the other radio, Yeah, I said on the radio Monday through Friday night. So I'm thankful for him. I'm thankful that that little I don't know. I call it a spidey sense, call it your intuition, call it your guardian angel, whatever you want to call it made me make the right decisions. If I had tried to book it all the way home, could have I got home? Maybe I don't know. I'll never know that I made the right decision. Something influenced me to make the right decision. You decide what it was. Okay, I want to hear your story. Did you have doesn't have to be this last week? Recently? Were you in a spot somewhere where someone helped you? Were you in a spot where you help someone else? This is a tough twentieth hour, I make no mistake about it, but I wanted to share my story with you. I'd like to think that Tony somehow is listening some mobile station. It was in hands, and I'm not exactly sure it was Exit twenty seven off of Route three six seven, two five, four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. If I have overreached here, it's my fault. But guess what. I believe that each of you have a story recently, if not recently, at some point a month ago where you were in a mind and somehow, some way you were helped. I'm hoping, I'm hoping that there are enough stories out there. We could always go open lines. I can finish the show, but I'm hoping that my audience, which never never disappoints, And this is the toughest challenge I've ever issued on a on a Friday night, think did something happen to you this week? Did something happen to you in the last few weeks where either you helped someone or someone helped you. I'm I'm blessed. I'm absolutely blessed with what happened to me. I went from panic. Can you those of you who drive an Onto mobile you know what I'm talking about. That light comes up and it's like, oh, my God, what does that mean? What does it mean? And I'm alone? I'm alone, but there was some something guiding me. I believe that the lines at six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty are full. The lines at six one, seven, nine, three, one, two thirty are available. Ten thirty are available. Six one, seven, nine three, one, ten thirty. I misspoke, They're available. Back on nights Side right after this is a quick break. We're going to Christian in Peabty, Karen in Wisconsin, Lee, and Quincy, and all you have to do is fill up those last two lines, and we're after the races six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Was there something that happened to you recently that you'd like to share with us, something good or something good that you did. Let's end this week on the most positive note in the history of Nightside.
Speaker 2: Read right back, You're on night Side with Dan Ray on w Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: All right, this is a gamble that I love gambling with this audience. Let me go to Christian in Pebaty. Hi, Christian, how are you tonight?
Speaker 5: Doing great?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 7: Dan?
Speaker 5: I got a good one for you too.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 5: Well, not a great vacation.
Speaker 3: I'm you just graded. As I say, my week, my week turned one hundred and eighty degrees at about ten fifteen on Sunday night, all to the good.
Speaker 8: Tell me your story, Kay, Okay, I got laid off from work and I have a file.
Speaker 5: For unemployment, A little big deal.
Speaker 9: I did what I was supposed to do, and I had to go through a whole bunch of hoops to get things done, and as to go back on my face and the corrections, and then because once I received it, I made the point to call each department up and the people that helped me.
Speaker 5: And tell them thank you. That's all idea.
Speaker 9: And you heard one lady dropped the phone and I had another one. She takes a deep side and I said, I might. I don't know how many times this happens, but she says, you just made my day because I've had a career working here at this office for over twenty five years, and you're the first one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, wow, all.
Speaker 5: Do you guys do? No one calls to thank.
Speaker 10: You, you know, and it's just made I made the point the police department and just it was just a thing, thank you, because it's a privilege, it's not a right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's great. And look, I'll tell you this in life generally, in life, generally, people don't take the time to say thank you, whether it's holding the door for somebody or I'll tell you what, and I'm talking about this before Christian. You come up to a crosswalk and there's somebody who's about to enter the crosswalk, well, obviously they have the right away, and most times, particularly with younger people, sadly, they never even look at you. They don't, they don't even acknowledge you. And they don't when I have to cross the street at a crosswalk, I go on in my way to point at the person and say thank you, thumbs up or something. It's important, it's important. That's a great story, and I hope that more people will say thank you because it I think it's ignorant, just because you're the opposite of that to do that under your circumstances. Yeah, what a gracious gesture.
Speaker 9: For all those other listening for all that they do, they are unundated with all.
Speaker 5: Kinds, is it work cloths of people and problems, Well, your people out there when you're dealing with that realistic human and just take a moment when it's all said and done to call them and say how long?
Speaker 3: How long? When were you laid off?
Speaker 5: I was laid off the may.
Speaker 3: So okay, and what type of work do you do?
Speaker 9: I have multiple different things I do, but this time it happened to be a machine shop.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you you know, you know how to work with big machines and things like that.
Speaker 8: Is what tells about I know how to work. I'm good at whatever put my mind to. So my job was not to run the seat and see bush buttons.
Speaker 9: It was physical, grinding, hard work making sure each piece that went out because they were contracted with the government with NASA to make sure that.
Speaker 5: They were perfect. And the boss was so.
Speaker 9: In awe of my work being they go off. He was like, look, nothing I can do here. But I just simply wanted you to know that I haven't had work as good as yours.
Speaker 5: And you'll get kudos wherever you go for me. So you know, but I've ho it's about you give something you.
Speaker 8: You will get if you're good and you're kind.
Speaker 5: You don't do all right?
Speaker 3: Howl you how old are you Christian?
Speaker 5: I'm sixty six, okay.
Speaker 3: All right? So so so you got to get back in the game.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, okay, I'm working.
Speaker 3: I want Rod to take your number. And if there's someone out there tonight, who's how long you've been doing this type work, I've done it.
Speaker 9: I have four degrees in seven trains, so I'm looking to get back into the technical field.
Speaker 3: Okay, when you say technical field, explain it to me. So in case someone's listening.
Speaker 9: Okay, I have a degree in technical electronics component level there, et cetera. And plus I've got G. E, R, C, A, U, P I in my background, and so I very much enjoy solving problems, solving people. And I just happened to be enough of a mind to open it up and say, I'm walking into your world. Please tell me you what you want me to do, and listen and learn what you need. That's pretty much what it is. Everything's growing stuff.
Speaker 3: All right. Is this the first time in your life you've been you've been out of work.
Speaker 9: Not the first time I've been out of work. It's about the third, but over and over my lifetime.
Speaker 5: That's not too bad.
Speaker 9: But I I have a very strong hunger to get right back in good.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you what, Christy. If someone is listening tonight, who's looking for somebody who's got a lot of character. And obviously Hash is well qualified for the type of work you do. I hope they'll call in and maybe we can, uh, we can get you back into the workforce a little bit more quick, Rob, take Christian's number and make sure it's a daytime number. Christian.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: And if you're there, you're in pevity. I assume you have a car you can get to where you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have a car and get anywhere I need to go.
Speaker 3: Okay, And and briefly to you to answer your question, my backgrounds are have a degree in architectural design, drafting.
Speaker 5: I'm a walk smith.
Speaker 9: Uh, computer engineering, the gene uh, satellite dish, satellite communications, telecommunications, all that. I used to do work at w b Z on your side call on back in the eighties. So used I've met Yeah, so I.
Speaker 5: I met Bob Hopel and and uh that's when I was young.
Speaker 3: Well, because I was working I was working there in the eighties.
Speaker 9: Yes, I used to sit if I watched the weather. Guys that want you to do your work, I would sit there when I'd be doing my communications work on the satellite just as you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that we had the satellite dish farm right right up and get back. Yeah. Well, Christian, I'm assuming that if you're in Pevity, nor Shore would be better than south Shore, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, shorts better. But I'm open minded and I'm just I'm a broad spectrum.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping that this phone call is going to lead to a job offer. And if someone's out there listening tonight, call Rob. The lines are full right now, Call Rob and he'll give you. Christian. You give me permission to give out for us to give your daytime phone.
Speaker 5: Right all right, I'll give Okay, thanks.
Speaker 3: Christian, thank you so much. Okay, I'm hoping we can, uh, we can make some magic happen tonight. We'll be back on Night's side right after the news at the bottom of the hour. We got full lines. The only line will have coming back at six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. Once Rob gets Christian's number, We're gonna try to get Christian back in the workforce.
Speaker 2: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 3: Back to the phones. Who go, Let's go to Karen in Wisconsin. Karen, welcome back.
Speaker 11: How are you I'm fine, Dan, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing great. Tell me something good that happened to you this week, or something good you did for someone else.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm this is nonscripted, as you call it, So guide me if I go off, okay, off our topic. But you know, every time I put it on the radio, I have to hear about Dan Ray and his teeth and the implants, and you know my situation, and I didn't do anything about it, and I ended up kind of eating my teeth before. But implants are very expensive. So so I'm kind of, you know, kind of toothless, as I hate tell the world. But what happened is last night I was with my cousin or something, and what happens is I already had turned down going to these surgeons to start, you know, cleaning things up. And what happened was all of a sudden this place that she said, well, I thought I dreamt it, but we so online, we made an appointment with this. There's only five doctors in the whole area that do the kind of surgery where you got to cut out infection and things, and they all got trained in Boston. But anyway to get y end point here, so online, made an appointment for this morning and went to this other place where someone specializes in extractions only you know, and will cut without putting me to sleep, because I don't want to be put to sleep. And I went there and got a free consultation and it was half the price, and you know they will. They gave me options instead of you know, a plan and out of the blue. So I'm gonna I'm planning to go ahead with it and let you everything out.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, you know, and hopefully you can get the whole thing taken care of. Yeah, work with the doctors. Again. I've never had a dad implant. I want to make that very clear, but I've spent some time with doctor sal in his office and he's a great guy. And if I haven't need a dental implant, he's my guy. Trust me on that. And now you know. The other thing too, is that sometimes at these dental schools they're looking for volunteers and patients who would be willing to allow the aspiring dentist to work. So talk to the.
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 3: They might get you. They may be able to open a door for you. Karen, that's a great story. Thanks a positive story and you told it.
Speaker 11: It is. Thank you for the time you spent saying saying advertisement. Bye bye, thank you, Kared.
Speaker 3: All right, have a great night. All right, gonna keep rolling. He're gonna go to Lee and Quinsey Lee, You're next time nights.
Speaker 1: I go right ahead, are you doy one?
Speaker 3: Good Lee? What's up? Nothing?
Speaker 1: On Tuesday night? It was a real hot night. Yeah and yeah, it was a real hort night. They told you not to go out. I'm seventy three, okay, I live. I live in a very nice bill thing ten floors. I went outside to the smoking area. That's where they let us smoke. I of course I smoked, which I shouldn't have done.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to election. You go ahead, I want to hear your story. Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Ten minutes later, I was feeling woozy and faint. I said, I bet I better go upstairs. I started walking up the walkway holding the railing. Next thing, I know, I guess I passed out. But there were people, there were people, you know, in the building around me. I remember them carrying me a little bit into the air conditioning into the building. I was very woozy. They put me in the elevator and I blacked out again. Anyway, they carried me down to my room and they made me on the floor. There was this kid there I had never seen before. I said, I said, do you live in the building. He goes, yeah, I live on the third floor. And he said, I'm in the MT I'm lying on the floor. I said, I'm okay. He goes, no, he said he put me on the floor with my other neighbors in my room. I said to him, I'm okay, I just fainted. He goes, no, you're not. He's and he's asking me all these questions, taking my pulse. And next thing I know, I'm in the ambulance for the first ambulance ride of my life. And I was just very dehydrated. I was a little scared maybe I had a stroke or something, but no, I was in the hospital four hours. But here's a kid who came up and was a real good Samaritan, you know. Yeah, he helped me out and he put a note on my door yesterday, how you doing? And I'm going to go get him a gift.
Speaker 3: Cut I'll tell you that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know something that the more I get around, there are a lot of good people out there who help people who you know that just are There are a lot of decent people.
Speaker 3: Lee, that's a great story. That is a great story. Okay, I don't care how much I appreciate you. You'll look it can happen to any of us. Okay, but if you get a chance, Lee, knock off this. Okay. I know that's easier said than done.
Speaker 1: Man, But well, a funny looking figs.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're the funny looking six they're the ones without the filters. Oh, I got it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm too old for that crap.
Speaker 3: Now, all right, all right, Bella, be well, be well. You're a young man at seventy three. Thanks Lee, take it easy, doctor you soon. Let me go to Glenn. Let's see something good happened to Glenn. Glenn, I hope you're going to keep our streak going here, Go ahead, Glenn, are.
Speaker 7: You gonna try? I had two nice things happened to me this week, and I think my face and the human race has been restored.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 7: I don't know if there's a woman that's blind and was in Lemonster she calls the show Karen.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't care.
Speaker 7: She went to school with me, But anyway, I don't know if someone gave it to her or she bought it, or she had the stereo talking clock radio. I've already got one, now got too. But anyway, she she had trouble. We didn't have patients putting the batteries. And it takes sixty batteries in there, four go one way to go together. It runs on a house court. But I mean, I don't know. She just didn't she she said, asked me would you like it? And she mailed it to me. She wrote my name on the pat on the box.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 7: She gave me short brids cookies. She gave me papaya peppermint for my stomach, and she threw all kinds of nice snacks in there.
Speaker 3: Now that's it. That's a good deal. A radio, a free radio and snacks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, now you're talking.
Speaker 3: Now you're talking. Well, I hope she's listening tonight.
Speaker 7: I did too.
Speaker 3: I know her very well. She's in Fitsburg, right, No, Lemons, Yep, absolutely well, Glenn, that's a great that's a good positive story. I'm happy the radio works. Everything works, I hope.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, tried it. I put the bad reason and I bought it. Took me about twenty minutes, but I got it with the ribbon. So now I got a spear, I got two twin radios and the second thing, and I hope you know I have. I have to give a shout out to Dot from Infort for going to bat for me Monday night. I thought you were going to throw in the water. She really went. She did carry my water. The damage control ran interference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah she was. She was right there helping you out. And uh, you can never have a more loyal to loyal friend than Dot. I was surprised she was upset with Trump. She's normally a big Trump person, and I think.
Speaker 7: I normally am too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I'll tell you. I think you are you a little surprised that they that the Iranians have have complied with this cease fire. I think we hit him and hit him hard, because I've said a couple of times this week, oh yeah, at what they do, not at what they say. They'll tell their people, they'll lie to their people. We had a great victory, we brought America to its knees. They would and they've admitted right now. The Iranians themselves have admitted that their nuclear facilities are in bait are in big trouble, have been damaged better.
Speaker 7: I agree with you. I'm just afraid of possible sleeper so retaliation.
Speaker 3: What they're here anyway? I guess what. I think they scooped a bunch of them on Tuesday. If I'm not mistaken, I think ices is well. Probably have some idea, Glad. I appreciate you anyone, Thank you many quickly.
Speaker 7: Hello, Yeah, glehead, very quickly. Yeah. The last time a woman stuck up for me was in a Wickuor store in nineteen eighty seven, which is no longer there on Layby Day weekend. Her first name was Annie.
Speaker 3: It's been a while. Well, I don't want to get into your love life, Glenn. I got to know.
Speaker 7: No, she's not a girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Is this okay?
Speaker 7: Somebody was nice enough to go to bed for me.
Speaker 3: Excellutely shout out to Doc. Thanks Glenne, talk to you later, by bye. Let me get to Joel here in Natick. Hi, Joel, don't want you to wait long.
Speaker 6: Hi, Joel, how are you really? I'm doing? Find Dan? So hit my story Dan. About two weeks ago, I was on the MANCELLATTERI TV shlf for instant cash.
Speaker 3: What do you. What do you were on? They have a TV show? I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they Yeah, on their Facebook they have a TV show. Okay, and they picked they picked our names out of a drum and I was one of the five people they picked out of the drum. And then you go on the stage and you have to pick three numbers so you can get up to one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Come on and how'd you do?
Speaker 6: I went two hundred and seventy five dollars?
Speaker 3: Where do you go? Where do they do that show out of?
Speaker 6: And Mount Vernon Street, Dorchester?
Speaker 3: So you drove to Dorchester and you were on the show?
Speaker 6: That's right?
Speaker 3: And you won to seventy five? And what night was? What night were you on?
Speaker 7: That was?
Speaker 6: I believe it was a six A. I believe it was a Thursday.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know they did that. Mark Bracken, who's the head of the lottery, is a friend of mine. He's really good guy. I know that the lottery sales have been down, but boy, it looks to me like, how long have you been doing the show? I had never heard of it? How long?
Speaker 6: This is the first thing I've done it? Because it's the fiftieth Anniversity at the instant ticket.
Speaker 3: Okay, that makes sense. Boy, I wish Bracken had tell you if Mark's listening, we'll have you on next week's in our eight o'clock hour and talk about this because more people know it. Where is the show broadcast? Where could people have seen the show? Is there a lottery TV show?
Speaker 6: It was on their Facebook page and on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Wow. Well, I'll tell you that's thinking outside the box. And good for the state the state Treasurer Deb Goldberg, who does a great job, and good from Mark Bracken. That's that's that's excellent. That's so you want. Was there someone that won the thousand or no?
Speaker 6: No, nobody won the thousand. But after that then they had the second drawing and they had five people, so they had four people and they had to pick money bags on this on this wheel, and the person got the three running back first won one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: WHOA, whoa are you well?
Speaker 6: That was on the same show.
Speaker 3: What are you still eligible for that?
Speaker 6: Or no? Because once you win some money, you're not eligible for the following games.
Speaker 3: Good for you, well, congratulations, congratulations.
Speaker 6: More had one more for you, Dan one more so Juneteenth okay, holiday, it was a Wednesday. It was a Wednesday, and mass cash gets picked every day of the week. Okay, and my numbers came up.
Speaker 3: Well, Jue, Yeah, actually June eighteenth was a Wednesday. What did you win on that, Joe?
Speaker 6: How much was that on hundred thousand?
Speaker 3: No? Was you won one hundred thousand dollars on June eighteenth?
Speaker 6: That's right?
Speaker 3: WHOA good for you. That's fabulous that, Joel. You happen to be a friend of mine and a great guy. I'm not going to hit you up for a loan, but I'm very happy for you personally. I am very happy for you. I know how hard you've worked. I know you're retired, and I hope you do something with your lovely wife. That's special.
Speaker 6: Oh well, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Joel. Thanks, that's great news. That's you buried the lead. Joe huh Beggs. Thanks, we'll talk soon. Thanks, Joel.
Speaker 6: Take him by Dan.
Speaker 3: All right, Bob, Hi, that's a great story. Okay, I got wide open lines here, I got I got one call. We got Bob and Rhode Island. I have no idea what Bob's gonna say. I hope it's I hope it's pleasant, but look, I'm challenging you, challenging right now. I need a couple of more calls. Something good that happened to you this week or something something. The calls have been great, Christian, Karen, Lee, Glenn, and Joel all great stories. You don't have to have a great story. I just want to hear something good that you did or something good that was done for you. That's all six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty one line. Also there are three lines there one line and six one seven, nine thirty. This is the most challenging twentieth hour I have ever done with my audience, and so far, you guys have risen the occasion. I hope, I hope a couple more of you will join this quick conversation. I got Bob and Rhode Island. He's coming up on the other side of the break.
Speaker 2: Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm telling you Bzy Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to Bob and Rhode Island next night Side.
Speaker 13: Hello, baby. The best thing that happened to me today this week is the Boston Red Sox have lost six in a row, and as you can guess, I hate the Red Sox.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why why would you hate the Red Sox. They're the home team. So what you can hate whoever you want. I guess who do you root for? And you root for anybody or.
Speaker 13: Anybody except the Red Sox, So anybody that beats the Red Sox as a fan of my I'm a fan of their.
Speaker 1: Okay, well especially.
Speaker 3: Okay, well since since you want to go down in the Red Sox.
Speaker 13: Go and get rid of Kara, I hope they never get rid of them.
Speaker 1: Is pathetic.
Speaker 3: You have missed a personality tonight. This is the second time you're going to get the plank this week, Bob, you're ready, you got the swim trunks on. Okay, all right, let's go tomorrow eating Brighton. She hates the Red Sox. That's pretty positive. Hi, Maureen, how are you?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Great, thank you?
Speaker 3: Dan.
Speaker 6: I had. I was fortunate enough to receive a really nice surprise phone call earlier this week, and it was just I really appreciated it so much. And I know you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, our surprise phone call. Oh yeah, this is Marien and Brocken. Okay, I saw it, said Brighton, this is Marien.
Speaker 6: It's I I haven't lived in Brighton since two thousand and two. I said to rub it's Marine and Brighton.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I'm sure you said Marine and Brockton. I suspect now, oh yeah, no. I was with your big brother, oh your yeah, your big brother Tom, and he handed me the phone and we had a nice chat. That's yes, that's great. I'm so happy that that you called. Oh absolutely, that's great. Oh you guys are great.
Speaker 6: So I have to tell you this. Now, this didn't happen recently, but and it kind of feeds off of Christian's original phone call. So, okay, I'm worked in I had worked in customer service for probably close to thirty years. So I was the one. I was the one at the cash register, at the service desk and all that fun stuff. And I'm sure you're pretty much on the same path. So when I go to the grocery store or wherever it is and the person checks me out and I say, thank you, you're doing a great job. When you see the reaction, I mean literally, it's like and I'll say it's the person who's bagging the groceries, and it just like I said, it just it amazes me. And I say, you are, You're doing a fantastic job. And again it's I just love kind of like reciprocating, giving it back and saying, hey, listen, you know I did.
Speaker 3: The same thing today with a I was at the grocery store this afternoon and there was a nice young girl and uh, I tend to pack my own bags, and so I said, I gotta, I gotta give you a break. And then when she finished, I said, thanks so much, and uh she was great, she just was great. She uh she she said, uh, well you made my day. So yeah, I do the same thing, simple as that same thing every time.
Speaker 6: And then I was thinking, yep, I'm you have more calls. I'll let you go. But it's great to talk to you again. Dan, have a great weekend, Maureen, thank.
Speaker 3: You very much. I got I'm going to try to get two more in here maybe, but again that your phone called, Uh you know why I was there, That's why.
Speaker 6: I was there, all right, exactly.
Speaker 3: Talk to you, Okay, thanks, all right. Fact I got Matt and bright Matt, I got like a minute for you. What can you do with it?
Speaker 9: I got new it and quicker than that.
Speaker 6: Hey, we all got to like the Red Sox.
Speaker 12: We got to walk the plank, Anti fans gotta walk the plank. But all right, Grass Joel Grass, the Marine and I had a family member who was sick, had skin cancer and uh we was able to have surgery going to complete remission or it seems as if as such. And uh that was good news on that end, and also on the end that you always like to end with the night side with animals. I was able to have that family member you have visited by, you know, emotional support dog that somebody takes their time, it brings in and it really uplifted their spirits.
Speaker 5: Thanks to them for doing that.
Speaker 3: Great stuff. Matt, the great call, great call, Thank you so mu what have we got left? Rob? How much? Okay? Unfortunately to the called in late and I got three on the line. I'm sorry, we'll have to get to get to you next week. But we had great calls tonight and you have once again risen to the occasion. Let me put it like that. I will be doing nights that postgame. In the meantime. I want to thank Rob Brooks, want to thank Marita for putting the show, helping him put the show together today. Hope all of you have a great weekend. It's been a tough couple of weeks. Have been fighting a cold, so I want to wish all of you a great weekend. To remind you that all dogs, all cats, all pets do go to heaven. That's my pal Charlie Rays, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's all your pasts are her past. They love you and you love them. I do believe you're going to see them again, and I hope to see again on Monday night at eight o'clock, eight oh five, right here on nights out. Have a great weekend. Everyone, stay warm and remember summer is upon us. Enjoy every day.