Speaker 1: Oh Man, good times being had at the chalk Taw Casino and Resort, Durant, Oklahoma, having an awesome time. Actually, freak Jesus is up here running routes. Some guy just brought us some free little miniature nerve footballs.
Speaker 2: Incredible. We're throwing the ball around.
Speaker 1: We're right outside the district Hall where the food court area here is right by the Rewards club and by the the greatest sports bar on earth. Out here at the chalk Tawk Casino and Resort, Durant, having a great time today. This segment right her is brought to you by Hurtado Barbecue, some of the best barbecue could ever have in your life. Locations in Let's see if I can get this right again. Hurst, Nope, you do it.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: Oh so Mansfield, Mansfield, Okay, fort Worth. And you know what, I'm just gonna build one in Hurst. Since I say it anyways, I'm gonna reach out to Brandon Hurtado. So it's Mansfield, Arlington, fort Worth. There's been a lot of growth in Hurst lately. Two locations at Globe Life Field and then one in the Dallas Farmers Market.
Speaker 2: That's the brand new one.
Speaker 1: Brandon Hurtado's family spent on Mexicu Man is phenomenal barbecue. So you want to go get some special barbecue here this weekend. Treat yourself to the greatness of her Toto Barbecue. We got the Today game coming up, the weekly weekday update, in the big finish, all that's coming to way.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this. Listeners. Here comes KT tweets around.
Speaker 3: Now, let's come around the sports.
Speaker 1: KT fu quets as all the sports.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe I was the only member of the show who was not at the MAVs game last night.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think that's right, So.
Speaker 3: Good job guys getting the dub for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. KT broke my daughter's heart. Yeah, by getting LaMelo sick.
Speaker 1: Well, she's fourteen and all she cared about was going and watching LaMelo last night. And then KT texts me all of us on the way said sorry, bad news, Lamello's out. So yeah, it was kind of like Delcas makes the weather. Yep, you made the injury.
Speaker 4: I was just trying to alter my prize picks action too, based on that.
Speaker 2: Who do I boost?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah that I would be tripled down on Williams. Those bummer news and that came down. But I'm glad he didn't play, you know, in hindsight, because you know, the MAVs need all they could get last night after an emotional trip to LA and all that stuff, and even the Golden State Sunday Day game. You gotta beat the Hornets at home. Man, they're so short handed, you know, so think of God, we still don't have Caleb Martin yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but yeah, I heard that on an injury update.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was listening at Teresa midday.
Speaker 1: But you know, you look at the last couple of losses that the Hornets had. One was about fifty I think one was about forty. One was by thirty, and then they were without LaMelo and it was still a close game, which was surprising. But the MAVs are crazy shorthanded too, But I still thought even being short handed, it would be kind of an easy victory.
Speaker 2: Maps didn't play well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they they couldn't shoot the ball in the first half and then they really, honest they didn't shoot the ball well until Kyrie said, let me show you guys how to make baskets. Yeah, if Kyrie didn't have whatever, it was a nine point third quarter. That's one of those really stressful games when it doesn't need to be. They just they were I think they were below thirty percent from three in the first half below you know, it was like thirty eight percent from the field. Yeah, they're playing hard, they just couldn't make a bucket.
Speaker 1: And it worked out really well for me in that my daughter wanted to go to a Hornets game because they're not it's not the toughest ticket, yeah right right, but she loves LaMelo and so I had reached out to a really good friend who has phenomenal tickets and I was here, are you going to be at the game? He was like, no, do you want my tickets? Immediately I was like, oh my gosh, seriously, yes, I would love that. And it just so happens that he has some of the best seats in the house front row, but right there by the MAVs bench. Yeah, there's four seats next to Jason Kidd. It's not those, but it's the next two.
Speaker 2: It's the end seats when the scores taple starts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you have a table for your drinks yeah, and stuff too, and it's it. It was surreal. The tickets were so good. And I had tricked my daughter. I told her that the seats were up at the very top of the arena, and so I had my I had cat trick her too. On the way, she goes, hey, dad's really embarrassed about how bad the tickets are, so don't say anything about how bad they are.
Speaker 2: So that's in her head.
Speaker 1: And then we get there and we walk up. She's so excited. She's like, is Skin gonna be there? Skin gonna be there? She loves Skin. I was on the injury report. So we see Skin and Skin starts playing it up to He goes, so, you guys are way up there, right, and we're like, yeah, we're way up there. We were asking questions about binoculars and stuff, and so she thought we were gonna have the worst tickets, but we ended up having good tickets. And then the best thing was Uncle Skin got her out on the court. She got to get a couple of shots up before the game. So she actually got on the court and shot some buckets. Really nice for him, dude, Yeah.
Speaker 2: What a dream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, except for Lamela.
Speaker 2: Yeah did she did? She still think the tickets were bad when you took her to the vip.
Speaker 1: Clus she was eating crab and like sushi before the game. No, she loved it and we had it didn't matter that he didn't play. But like, there was one point in the game, I go, did you see like it was a time out, and I go, did you see what Kyrie did? So he started on his left, went to his right, went back to his left, you know.
Speaker 2: And she goes, yeah, did you see the lamello's down there? Like she was not.
Speaker 1: She was like looking at him in a sweatsuit, and that was like, you know, that was a bigger deal to the other game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to the end. I know, Yeah, did y'all? There's no way y'all saw what I had? Moses Brown, dude, did you.
Speaker 2: I heard about it? It's so good? No, I saw.
Speaker 1: First of all, you got who wasn't the player that ran and jumped in your interview? Oh Derek, Yeah, d live, which scared me now that I realized he was wearing a boot right, But he was very excited. They're all very excited for Moses Brown, who's going to play his last game Saturdays because they're out of money.
Speaker 2: What do you mean they're out of money? They can't sign him any longer? Why can't they just sign him because of the Caleb Martin deal. Oh so they they're over the cap.
Speaker 1: They care there too, where they are at the apron that they can't sign Nough, he cannot sign him no matter what.
Speaker 3: No no, I means dressing out.
Speaker 4: So if he didn't play, if you didn't need him, or and it's just he's on the roster for five games. He's on the roster for fight, doesn't matter if he plays right, no, no, no. His final game him up Saturday against.
Speaker 1: The I can't believe the league has that rule, Like a team can't even defend themselves against injuries if they're over.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they can file for special exemption or what.
Speaker 2: Maybe they could have I don't know. Wow, I don't know that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Plus, you know what happened with the Lakers straight so yeah, maybe you could just give us a little bit of help.
Speaker 2: Uh well uh yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyways, last night I had Moses Brown shout out Gator because Gator loved him the first time he was here. Yeah, so anyway, so it's just kind of funny. He looked at the camera goes, thank you for supporting me, Gator.
Speaker 3: Out of context, that's a crazy thing to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's going on in Indianapolis? Bro, what's going on?
Speaker 4: And now in indian episodes of the Combine they have been combined fight the other day. It was reported earlier in the week that Jerry was not going to go, but then there were ports that he's there, but he's not meeting with the media because he's got other meetings.
Speaker 2: Come on, dude, so I don't really know.
Speaker 4: He's got other meetings in Indianapolis he accidentally scheduled during the comments.
Speaker 2: That sounds likely very strange.
Speaker 4: Come on, I do have four quick things that I would say the top Cowboy story on is osa Odiggy Zoo the defensive tackle. Are they going to sign him to twenty million dollars? I do fear he's gonna get Tyrone crawforded by by Cowboys fans like he's gonna be a guy you signed who doesn't get ten sacks.
Speaker 3: And then everyone's like, well you're paying that much?
Speaker 2: He can for got hurt so much playing out of position.
Speaker 1: Love Tyrone Crawford, And but they is is this is he the three technique, which is again the most important thing in the scheme.
Speaker 4: And yeah, okay, well and he's a top fifteen defensive tackle in football. He will be paid like a top twelve defensive tackle in fine, and we just have to rework our brains too. That's that's a twenty million dollar position for that guy. And it's just basically it's the price of the it's the exact amount.
Speaker 2: Well, the cap went up twenty five.
Speaker 3: It's reworking your brain. That eggs are six dollars a cart. Now you're just changing the way you think about things.
Speaker 2: Does a cat go up twenty five?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: So the cap went enough, one up enough to keep Oz diggy.
Speaker 4: Was all the running backs the Cowboys are meeting with at the Combine and then many have said, yeah, I'm the thirty thirty visit, which means they get.
Speaker 3: To come later on.
Speaker 4: Basically, the Collises are showing there they're gonna draft a running back at twelve.
Speaker 3: I don't know about twelve.
Speaker 2: They're running back.
Speaker 4: Okay, Jent is not meeting with them, but he said, no, it's snow, big deal. I'm not being with the Combine. I'm coming into Dallas and you know, next month or whatever. All Right, he's the running back from Boise State, the best running back in the draft by many people's view.
Speaker 2: And he went to First Skill High School. Yeah yeah, yeah, one of those.
Speaker 3: Shot.
Speaker 4: He's having a pretty good run right now. Guys, man, he's on a good role.
Speaker 2: He uh.
Speaker 3: He said something about calling.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: He spent a lot of his time, you know, the last like he does this every off season. He calls coaches and says who are up and coming coaches? And he just spends a lot of time doing And I'm like, well, there's something that Joneses don't do often. Like, dude, he's in there calling and saying, who's the guy?
Speaker 3: You don't know about it.
Speaker 4: They've hired, They've hired a bunch of like young coaches that are good up and coming guys in the league. So it is gonna be a little different. So there's a lot of weird, shoddy optimism. The last one I would have to don't have time. I want to stay on top. I thought should Sanders had some amazing comments, why.
Speaker 2: Don't we do it?
Speaker 4: On the other side, we're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, the only segment of the day that shan't be podcasted. It is the Today game right here at The Benskin Show ninety seven point one, The Eagle BEFO