Speaker 1: A bed that are.
Speaker 2: Trigger warner.
Speaker 3: This podcast may include explicit content that will take you out of your comfort zone and make you question reality.
Speaker 4: Listener's discretion is advised.
Speaker 5: Howdy folks, your host Double J back here, coming at Live slash Live from my studio slash RV dining room located directly outside the city of Little Port of Prince, Ohio, the city formerly known as Springfield, Ohio. You know, apparently the place where they're eating the cats, they're eating the dogs. Anyhow, folks, once again your host Double J here, I will be your pilot navigator for tonight's Shenanigan infused journey into the mind of this particular garbage can. Dude, got a real barn burner on deck for you folks here tonight, and we're gonna go through a in a cult and or esoteric review of the nineteen eighty six cinematic masterpiece starring Eddie Murphy The Golden Child, and joining me here tonight is Nick from the Occult Rejects. Nick Welcome, Welcome, sir.
Speaker 1: What's going on man? Thank you very much?
Speaker 5: And fellow oh for sure, and fellow occult Rejects Cosmic Pete, Julia and Jen the Ninja.
Speaker 1: How what's up.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to Operation GCD, Jen and Julia, Welcome.
Speaker 4: You've been on. We've done Fridays, I Think Together, and.
Speaker 5: Some other shows, but this is your your first Operation GCD experience, so welcome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the grass is greener over here. I think I like it. I like the air over here nice, I.
Speaker 5: Like green grass. I think, Nick, Nick, you agrees me on that one. He knows what I'm talking about. Yes, yes, So I'm glad to hear this came together in an unofficial fashion in such a fantastic way, because quite honestly, this spun out of tonight's.
Speaker 4: Show reviewing The Golden Child.
Speaker 5: If folks aren't familiar with the film, I will be playing a brief trailer here for us, and before we dive into any of the details that I found the original trailer that was the I guess it was from early nineteen eighty six because it came out in December of eighty six. I believe the film did. So it's a it's a great it's a great trailer from It's a perfect eighties trailer.
Speaker 4: So it does a great job.
Speaker 5: It actually explains the story and the narrative of the plotline, whereas today's trailers do none of that. And there's so many trailers I watched today, I'm like, what the fuck's this movie even about?
Speaker 4: Man? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 5: It's quite honestly, I think it's the formula in which Hollywood makes films today. And that's one example. Don't want to go off on too big of a tangent, but one example. There was a film about ten years ago. It was a Spanish language film even and it was supposed to be a drama film, and it was apparently this you know, they put a lot of money into it, so for some reason they wanted to try to save it. So it was gonna be completely shit canned in the studio called in I believe it was Keanu Reeves to come in for two weeks film a bunch of sea.
Speaker 6: Oh sh listen, throws on your own show my.
Speaker 5: Back, My Back, where I cut out romance drama.
Speaker 6: Reeves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they called it Kanu to film like two weeks the ship, and they changed into a crime, some.
Speaker 4: Sort of crime thriller.
Speaker 5: They went from romance drama to crime thriller from two different languages. As I'm just saying, a lot of films are very formulaic, and this in this day and age, when they can pull off of something like that, I don't think anyone solid in theaters anyway. But nonetheless, like you know, until the last two weeks of filming, it was a it was a Spanish language romance, you know film, and then they brought in Keanu and made it some sort of crime thriller, you know, in English speaking, So again you know they don't. You know what I'm getting at is, you know, I think there was a certain craft to filmmaking still in the eighties, not only just the writing as I'm pointing out, the plot lines and the trailers even described these fucking films, but the you're rubbing off on me, Julia with with.
Speaker 4: All your cursing like a sailor, I feel like I have to curse the uh the I mean.
Speaker 5: I'm an old retired senior masters artant, so I'm sorry, master start senior and CEO from the Air Force, so it doesn't take me much. But I'm not a sailor. But you know, it's about the same language, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: To push you in that direction, that's.
Speaker 4: What That's what I'm saying. I didn't.
Speaker 5: I did that for twenty years in the Air Force, right it wasn't. It wasn't a navy, But it's the same difference, I suppose. But so also I think this this film was great in the special effects, right M for the eighties, Yeah, it was I think so pretty monumental, Uh you know achievements I think they did with some real time special effects.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like when the guy goes to like meditate and the bad guy shows up and like everything blows away and it's just yeah, I thought that was pretty impressive.
Speaker 4: Then there's yeah, there's a lot of those scenes right well.
Speaker 2: To riff off your point, JJ, which I think is really good is there's a technical aspect of filmmaking obviously, because they were using actual cameras, actual celluloid And I think that that plays a big part in technical craftsmanship because if you don't do something, how would you know how to do it? So if you're relying on digital, and I'm not an anti digital, especially for the early two thousands, I think it was really cool that there's a lot of shows that like have that interesting like darker blue kind of filter that you can only really do with digital, like handicams and I think that that was innovative. But I think, really this is something totally different. This is like that. I think this is why you like it. I think this is why I like it. And it's and I think this ulia like said and also Nick, because it's like something classic. It's something that we all can refer to. There's a grammar, it's very coherent as a film language.
Speaker 4: Oh for sure, I'm anti cigyah, so I definitely do.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know what I would compare it to. It's like a lot of the movies that come out recently. It's like I think I heard somebody else say this too, but the Marvel movies and stuff like that, it's like it's like going to a theme park and you ride the rides and you woo and then it's over with. Whereas movies in the eighties and before that obviously, and even some movies in the nineties maybe early two thousands, they were more like a story. They were more like an experience, like a you get like enthralled with it, you and it's like it takes you on a journey, whereas now it's like kind of just bread and circusy type stuff. It's like just fill your mind with this garbage and be happy, be with it.
Speaker 5: I mean, oh for sure, it's terrible, right they just call it in with writing. Yeah, that's what I was getting that when you can just call on Keanu and change your entire language of your film and genre of your film.
Speaker 4: In two weeks, Like clearly there's a formula these films, right.
Speaker 6: Great, Yeah, And I think the comedy was better back then. Like, don't get me wrong, I like super Bad and like Jet Appatole movies. I like that kind of comedy because I'll watch that stuff too, Pineapple Express, But there was something about like the eighties comedy that was like a full belly laugh. Like I hate to even say it, but eighties movies that I grew up on were like The Burbs and Money Pit. I know Tom Jinks is a shithead, but like those movies made me laugh so hard. All Eddie Murphy movies made me laugh so hard, And when I go back and watch them again even now, I'm still laughing at the same like five jokes, just over and over again, like they're still so funny.
Speaker 5: That's one of the things I love about this movie is that he plays Axel Foley basically, so it's like Beverly Hills cop, but he's an LA private detective solving satanic you know, you know, kidnapping by a satanic cold of a young girl. He has some fighting demons, this little Tibetan kid that turns out to be a girl. I thought that was a was a boy in the film. It turns out to be a girl, not trances.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a girl.
Speaker 5: That's a girl. That's a girl. I don't want to I want to spoiler alert. They don't tell you that in the film though. I just found that out actually not that long ago. I could pop up my YouTube feed, like, you know, where are they now?
Speaker 4: You know, Golden Golden Child.
Speaker 5: You know, and Eddie Murphy's looking rough, but I like Eddie Murphy in the early eighties, you know.
Speaker 4: And again they're like they were like, hey, this is the boy.
Speaker 5: From the Golden Child. I'm like, that's a girl. They're like yeah, And I was like, oh, that's trans he was a girl the entire time. I'm like, well, that's bizarre.
Speaker 6: I didn't whoa Okay, well I did not know that. Yeah, that's a fun fact. I could have swore it was a boy, but before.
Speaker 5: I before I played the trailer and uh turned it over before I turned it over to y'all for any any other comments here to start off the show, did you?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 5: I just want to point out, this is my favorite era of Murphy, like you were saying there, Julia, like later Murphy I could do without, you know, pre pre trans hooker Murphy. You know, I remember that incident in the nineties were suddenly Eddie Murphy's associated with all these transgendered hookers on the streets of l A.
Speaker 4: And then he.
Speaker 5: Gets busted by the tabloids. Actually he gets busted by Entrew Breitbart. He's the one he busted who broke that story. And then suddenly these uh is Eddie's friends, Eddie's transgendered hooker friends, are getting thrown off the tops of buildings all of a sudden, strange tale strange, I mean, was the.
Speaker 6: Uh time that like Boomerang and Vampire in Brooklyn and like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, it was every yeah, everything, I'm good with everything.
Speaker 6: Before that, okay, okay, did.
Speaker 5: Whatever he got into around that time. And to be honest with you, I think the reason a lot of eighties films, a lot of eighties comedies were so good is.
Speaker 6: Cocaine maybe Harlem Knights.
Speaker 5: Very Cocaine Field. No, I think all these productions like very cocaine Field. In fact, Tonight's Tonight's production The Golden Child is only you have a one degree of separation from Bob Cocaine Evans.
Speaker 4: The production of this film.
Speaker 5: So you're talking Hollywood and you're talking cocaine field nineteen eighties films. This is right in the epicenter of that wheelhouse because, like I said, it's ultimately the green it's the green light of the film from Paramount Pictures is the guy that Bob Evans hires to replace him there when he gets he gets this independent producer role on the lot until eighty one when he gets popped for them cocaine trafficking charges and then his buddy Barry Diller throws them off a lot is the udge and goes and Barry Diyler is.
Speaker 4: A very important character.
Speaker 5: But yeah, he's uh, he was Bob, Bob co cocaine Bob's underling.
Speaker 6: So well, I before you play the trailer there, I just have to say two things. I get exactly what you're saying, but there is a movie he made later in life that's called Life. Do you remember that one he was older.
Speaker 4: I think with Martin Lawrence.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's still one of my Yeah, still one of my faves. I know he was kind of on his way out at the time, but I still love that movie and unpopular opinion, I actually think his brother is funnier than he is. Charlie Murphy. Charlie Murphy, Charlie Murphy.
Speaker 5: Well please, while you're still there talking to Julie, please introduce your show since I didn't give you the proper time here to do that thus far.
Speaker 6: Oh well thanks. Yeah, I have Cosmic Peach podcast available wherever. Really happy to be here tonight because I've been looking for somebody to cover this movie with me for two years now, and either no one's interested, or they haven't seen it, or they don't understand why I think it's significant. But so when you mentioned it the other night, I was like, if you don't let me on that one, I'm going to cry and just be in the comments, shitting on you guys the whole time I should have been on this one. Fucking you guys.
Speaker 5: I was excited to see that you were so into it because this is one of my favorite Films, and we kind of we did Big Trouble a Little China a few months ago, and the kind of the spin off of that is we decided to do this because this was the competing Hollywood project too, Big Trouble, Little China, and share some of the same actors as Big Trouble, Little China, not just Victor Wong, who had a very great year.
Speaker 4: He might have had the.
Speaker 5: Best year in Hollywood for an Asian actor north of fifty years old.
Speaker 4: He he won that year that category.
Speaker 6: Isn't he chang in the in Trimors?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's the grandfather in the Three Ninjas trilogy, which was a big part of my childhood.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I loved Trimors when I was little. And then when I was doing the notes today, I was like, I put in the side note, I said, did anyone else realize that the old guy is changing from Trimmers?
Speaker 5: That old guy, Maam is egg Chen egg Chin's a legend. He did and he killed it in this one too.
Speaker 6: Right, Oh yeah, for sure one hundred.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying he was. He was killing it in nineteen eighty six, a big year that year. So and Nick Jen before we play the trailer and start to start the show here and he may offer you any comments. And what are you all working on over there at the Occult Rejects, Nick, I know you're you're pumping out new shows every day of the Occult All was just out today.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, yeah, yeah, they cult Elvis. That was fun. Actually, that was really interesting. Julie was there for that as well. Yeah, you were there.
Speaker 4: I was there. I've seen too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally forgot. I'm burnt. Yeah, we had that.
Speaker 4: That's a good show though, I really I really enjoyed that.
Speaker 5: I haven't got a chance to re listen to, but the first time I listened to when I was there, it was a good show.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It spread off to Tuesday World.
Speaker 4: That's right, that is worth Tuesday Weld. I really liked that show. That was a good one.
Speaker 5: I was just as excited when you brought up Tuesday Weld as you were sounding like as you were excited when I brought up The Golden Child.
Speaker 6: It's a full circle moment here for the Occult Rejects. It's a full circle We're the dream team at this point.
Speaker 1: I I like that. I like that we got some Red Hefer stuff coming out this week.
Speaker 4: So nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some stuff what you did with broadcasting seeds. We got that coming out Friday for people listening now, and over the weekend we will have for audio listeners. Uh, then you probably wouldn't be watching now. But Mormon Mafia part for dropping audio.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's a great series. J Jen's involved in that one, Archie Jen. What's what's going on over there?
Speaker 7: Gen?
Speaker 4: You hid now is a ninja you're doing ninja stuff.
Speaker 2: Nie, JJ. But thank you so much for inviting you. I'd love to do especially this cinema. Oh call reviews. This is obviously our second one. And of course my boss Nick mister ninety three thirty three, but I'll give I'll upgrade him this time.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: So I have a I have two notes actually, so i'll do those at the end. So this is one is about sure Elves. I think it's very interesting. I think Julia will be actually interested in it. And if Heidi's listening, so shout out Heidi. I think she'll actually find it interesting to you. And then I have a note about the cutting your hair on waxing and waning moon because we talked about this literally yesterday or the other.
Speaker 4: Night I'll just say that that just came up, right.
Speaker 2: That's right. So I have a note about that, so I will come back to that. But I have a show, Threshold Saints. It's speculative ontology. We're exploring metaphysics through pop culture. But it's not like Julia if you watch Julia's show, and I obviously want everyone to watch Julia show, but it's a different We approach it from different ways. I look at everything through parafection and through like a technical kind of cabala contra mixture, crazy wild wisdom. So if you're interested in that, you can definitely subscribe. And I just dropped a three part episode on ralph Blocksheet and then I'm also dropping another episode this week, so yeah, big thanks for that. But okay, so note about Tuesday Welds. So I think what this is. When I was watching the episode, I was so excited. Best episode. I think one of my favorites, personal favorites. I thought it was so phenomenal. Okay, So for Tuesday, I actually think she embodied this concept called the Eyeschef Zenuni. So this is the sometimes us translated as the Virgin horror, but it can also be trans understood as the princess of the klipus.
Speaker 4: So there's a that's a literal virgin, right, right, Jen, Yes.
Speaker 2: Like that, Yeah, because it was all about sex magic, right, So you had, but Tuesday would have never participated physically. If I'm just saying, if she fills that archetype, there's no I hear you.
Speaker 4: I was just being a smart ass. So this is a.
Speaker 2: Totally right, you're totally right. No, No, you're totally right. I just was meaning that if she embodies that concept, that's why she remained one reason. Maybe you could say then the other ones dead end?
Speaker 5: Would you would you say, this is a powerful position within a occult network what you're describing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she would have It would have been like the highest of the highest. Interesting, it would have been like the person who channeled whatever they're channeling.
Speaker 1: Would you be like considering it like I'm trying to understand the it's the type of feminine. Would it be more of like an empress card instead of netsuck is kind of getting in?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it's more eosotic with a little hode maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, it's released.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that until she got married, she had to maintain a like degree of virginity. I'm not saying that she wasn't involved in sexual things. I'm sure that what she did I actually kind of knows. I'll just say it is that I think what she was directed the sexual activities of other people. That's how I would understand it in a more technical way. Obviously, I don't think of things as sex magic or whatever. I've just been looking at it more technically, so I think she would sort of channel the daikini or whatever they're doing, the feminine, divine force. But her mind is virginal, so she doesn't you know, she's not the horror. Particularly, she's a virgin horror. So she maybe direct sexual actions of people around her, but she's not herself well that engaged.
Speaker 4: I didn't describe Tuesday Weill's activity. She's very much the.
Speaker 1: Director, a p didyt his buddy.
Speaker 5: It's like how cocaine Bob Evans brought together the lovely couple of Room and Polanski and Sharon Tate in nuptials, only for Sharon Tate to you know, on her on Town with Demise. I often wonder was that the plan going.
Speaker 6: In pulling the strings behind?
Speaker 5: And that that is correct me. I mean I would say that's Tuesday. Well, and I'm glad you brought that up there, Jen, because tonight's discussion includes satannic cold activity in and around Los Angeles, California, which is where she'd be pulling them strings from. So and I think there's a good tie into that to that whole scene with this whole film, not as much as the comparison and I just did here with a dragonet in the comparison of the processed church activities and around Los Angeles Hera nineteen eighties. I highly recommend that, but there'll be more satanic cold activity and weird blood rituals. But on that note, we will watch the trailer here and get back to uh unpacking these ideas here.
Speaker 9: In one moment, every thousand generations, a perfect child is born, a child with magical powers, a child sent to.
Speaker 6: Bring good into the world, a goodly child.
Speaker 10: And now this child has been kidnapped by the forces of evil, as foretold by the Nietzschung Oracle.
Speaker 1: Only one man can.
Speaker 10: Find him, only one man can rescue him.
Speaker 1: He is a man from a city of angels.
Speaker 10: He has a man who does what he's writing to, A brave man, a true man, it is his destiny to save a golden child. He is chosen plot.
Speaker 5: If I'm the chosen one, how come I'm.
Speaker 4: Freezing while you're sitting in the one movie theater. I'm going back to la and kicking somebody's bahar. This isn't supposed to be happening to me, chosen one, my behave? Why can somebody choose me to go to the Bahamas? Hawaii? Is nice? You can send me to Vegas a chosen way.
Speaker 6: I love it?
Speaker 5: Right it describes the whole movie and the plotline of the film, and and he breaks the fourth wall, which is which I thought was great.
Speaker 11: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: But it's also like when when it starts at the beginning and all the serious stuff, like wouldn't who wouldn't want to watch that movie?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: Very Yeah, it's so mysterious you want to see more, and then it's in with the comedy. I mean, geez, what else can you ask for?
Speaker 5: Definitely grasp your attention to Meily, right m m. It turns out that's not too bad. That's Mammoth Lakes, California. But strangely enough, they did a great job of that too.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Well, I do want to point out this is obviously one of my notes, but the idea of the Golden Child, right off the bat, this is this is an actual Buddhist idea, but it is also a theosophical idea. So I just want to be very clear that when I'm going to discuss that, I'm going to refer to actual Buddhist ideas, but I'm aware of the theosophical ideas as well, And I'm not saying it's bad because it's theosophical. I think we're a way, we're all kind of past that, you know, we we can look at things for you know, the values are truth that they may hold or the false.
Speaker 5: Said sure, sure, but obviously a lot of this falls around the ideas of Tibetan Buddhism.
Speaker 4: As the main.
Speaker 5: Character here Axel Foley, they call Axle, they call them, you know something else in this film, but it's clearly Axl fully.
Speaker 4: And Chandler Jerl, Chandler Jerald, right, which is a nod.
Speaker 5: I guess to the the story that this is kind of based off of this crime noir story that involves Tibet, So I guess he went through some rewrites in Hollywood, but end up including which I think is interesting because it didn't initially include a satanic cult. That was something they added on along the way.
Speaker 6: Well, this is what's interesting to me. And when I cover movies, I usually try to like go from the opening scene all the way through the body of the movie to the title or the end sequence whatever. Yeah, and so my first note is that it opens up in Tibet, and the significance of Tibet. I feel like it's kind of obvious, just because there have been so many occultists who were in inspired or channeled beings that were from Tibet, including Madam Blovotsky, Alster Crowley, Alice Bailey. They all said that they channeled beings, Tibetan beings, and there was even an expedition. Hitler actually put together this expedition and it was like some of the best soldiers he had, and he sent them to Tibet, and that's where they brought back the sigil er symbol of the swastika, and they hijacked it to do what they did with it. But so Hitler, Madam Blovotsky, Alster Crowley, and Alice Bailey all had an obsession with Tibet.
Speaker 4: Don't forget Rich peg. The list goes on, right, the list goes.
Speaker 6: On, Yes, there is.
Speaker 4: A strange fascination with the you know it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll add this because obviously I practice Paultreana, so I will say it's it's sorcery. I mean, like, if you're interested in magic, it's a it's a really great system and it combined Buddhist but it's all Buddhist ideas, so you're not really June in wizards, right, So you're you're using your mind, You're using the conceptual ideas of sorcery, especially like that. You know, every we always laugh, I always tease, like the dharma practitioners who aren't Asian because obviously I'm half half, so we call them Westoid. So I'm just gonna use that really quickly. But it's not in a pejorative but there.
Speaker 4: Is sounds like it, Bro, what are you talking about that pejorative?
Speaker 2: Well, it's because I'm a west Joy too, really, right, because like you know.
Speaker 4: Your self identified Westwood.
Speaker 5: It just sounds it sounds like a negative you know, some sort of negative derogatory statement.
Speaker 12: Right, you're absolutely, But I think that we I think that I like the idea that it could be like you could say the word is like just a vessel that it can contain, like any idea that we want.
Speaker 2: So I'm like being very discordion I guess, but felf preferentially using it.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie to you. Jen you could convince me you just made that word up. I have no idea. I have the first time I've.
Speaker 2: Ever heard it, so it's very online. It's very like probably is it ken it isn't keno? Keino?
Speaker 5: It definitely that word too recently, I still haven't really grasped the concept.
Speaker 4: That's why I have to keep asking, is that keno?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 2: You know you always say it's like it's true keino. That's the real that's the real way to do it. And if you're really cool like me, you do the U you do with a V, so you do like true keino but it's all lowercase, and then you do like ko ki n o.
Speaker 5: I appreciate, but I'm not sure if I'm any closer to understanding what is or is not keno.
Speaker 4: So I probably can contain to ask these.
Speaker 2: Questions that it just means. Is it really aesthetic? Is it beautiful? Is it like capturing? I kind of the light has to be captured in a specific way. You can almost say a realistic way. There's like filtered through, like layers of maybe their gradients of color on the screen. So it's like anything that's really beautiful, like a sunset, can be very key. Now that doesn't have to be on the screen.
Speaker 5: I think I'd be cracking. I have a very keynote scene on deck here force in a few minutes from the film. I think, I think when I bring it up, I think you'll know what I'm talking about. So this the film goes into bed right, so we already automatically right at the start of the film, we see this Tibetan Buddhism is the is the root of this the story with this this young child.
Speaker 4: Right they you know, they're they're they're.
Speaker 5: He's hanging out in the temple right when we get when he gets uh, what do we call it kidnapped or budden apped?
Speaker 4: What do we calling this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, kidnapped?
Speaker 4: It's not a Buddha alert on everyone's cell phones.
Speaker 6: Golden napped?
Speaker 4: Well, get my deities mixed up? Jen is it not at alert?
Speaker 2: He you could say he's a he's like a Tolku which Tolku is like a reincarnated lama. It's like a lama from a previous rebirth or or a saint or a Maha sitter or an accomplished master. And so not all schools of Tibetan Buddhism believe in it, but this film in particular is very syncretic. Now it is really important to know that the consultant Ken McLeod wrote a like it's famous in Badriana circle, so he wrote the Magic of Adriana, so he he gets it. He even says like I have the wisdom and understanding, like he that's the exact words he uses. So he gets it, like he's like he's in that clear view whatever he calls it like a lot of the time anyway, So he he did not train in the specific school that this is excuse me, sorry, that believes in Tolku's but obviously it's drawing from multiple different schools of Buddhism. So you can see this in the first scene with the yellow hats, so this is the majority sect. This is the Golucus school. So when they're wearing the yellow tall yellow hats, that signifies usually what school they belong to. And it's also interesting to note that the Yellow Hats, the Yellow Hat Shamans are also a faction of Shamans in Mongolia. So a lot of this has like Mongolian kind of like CenTra. It's very Central Asian the whole thing. It's not just Tibetan, Like Tibet used to be a huge empire right at one time. So that's why it's kind of like it was a large land like that range really from Mongolia, Manchuria well into almost Western Asia.
Speaker 5: So is this a yellow Hats you speak of anything new with the Yellow Dragons, Well, it is interesting the gang we see later in the film, it certainly could have.
Speaker 4: You know, Temmy Tongks runs a place down at the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Well, there's is clearly like an overlap. I think I think there's like a motif like dragons are not they're they're they're usually auspicious, meaning like lucky, so they're not inauspicious, but there are a symbol of like power and strength, and so yeah, dragons, and so.
Speaker 4: We've got a lot of dragons here to I don't.
Speaker 2: We a lot of naugas for sure.
Speaker 4: You even have a half dragon half lady, right, Yeah, there.
Speaker 6: Is one Well, you know what it reminded me of actually, just hearing Gin talk about it a little bit, I'm like halfway retarded when it comes to like anything other than just like the basics of like Buddhism, this that like I studied, like the surface level of stuff. But what it reminded me of was, did you ever watch Avatar The Last Airbender? And it's like this kid that keeps getting reincarnated and he's got like all the power and they have to train him and he's born every like one hundred years or something like that. It reminded me a lot of the story of the Golden Child. For anybody else who watched that show. I liked it when it was like a nineties Nickelodeon thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah I'm doing right now, Julia, that's so really yeah, But yeah, that is what he is. That's a very good understanding of like he's an Airbender.
Speaker 1: He's he's like a.
Speaker 2: Rebirth of someone who had you could say, quote unquote magical powers. We would call them like cities or like spiritual accomplishments more than magic powers. And so he's reincarnated into a Golden Child. So that's worth exploring. But I'll let I'll let you decide where you want to take a JJ, but I'm ready with that when you want to go there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we'll get back for sure. I appreciate that, Jim. We'll get back to Tibet and chronological order from the film. I think because they kidnapped, we don't really understand who this child is, the Golden Child, right, we just see him.
Speaker 4: We go there.
Speaker 5: It starts off into Bet like you point out, Julia, and then this kid gets kid he gets booed and apt and then next thing you know, he's in Los.
Speaker 6: Angeles and that's where we get introduced to Chandler Jerrell, who is Eddie Murphy. And yeah, well I do have a just I like to point out though, some of the funniest parts in the movie as we go along and the opening of you know, it shows like the Hollywood sign and you know, like, okay, we're no longer in Tibet, this is the transition. Now we're in Hollywood, and it just shows him walking down the street and he comes up behind a guy reading chunky Asses at.
Speaker 5: The Yeah, we don't have those anywhere doing the old newstands, right.
Speaker 6: I just thought I've always thought that was one of the funniest parts of the movie. He's like ass pie, right.
Speaker 1: I was like, yo, when I watched it recently, I was like.
Speaker 6: I don't remember that, chunky asses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't remember that.
Speaker 6: Because this is the moment where we first meet Chandler Jerrol. I have in my notes here. I looked at all the names, but this is the only name that kind of stood out to me, Chandler. That name means candle maker, so I don't know if that's significant, but maybe. But his last name, Jerrel means spear ruler or rule by the spear. So we have two different things that kind of make sense for why his name might be Chandler Jerrel because he's like the chosen one. Maybe he's like the light in the dark place. He's you know, the candle and then he's the spear ruler. And then we get in we see this spear later on in the movie. But yeah, I think, you know, even down to the names, you can kind of pull cool stuff.
Speaker 4: Out of that.
Speaker 2: So to payback or to riff, I'll call it riffing if and but it was a great point. And so the spear wielding thing is really interesting because I also noted that, and because that is the golden child. So in especially in theosophy, so the golden child is based off of the Puranic figure. So when I'm saying Piranhas, that's a kind of Hindu scripture that was written between about the first century eighty till about the tenth century. See, so these aren't the vitas, but this is what more, this is what my Hinduism really is based on. So what people call Hinduism now is not really Vedic. It's really based on Kuranas, which is fine, nothing wrong with that. So there's a Shiva, so everybody knows Shiva. He's he's blue, he's ferocious, he has three lines on his forehead. They worship him usually with a lingam, meaning like it's kind of a phallic stone. Anyways, he has a son with his wife, whose name is Shokti sometimes, and they have a son named Kumara, which literally means the sun. So he wields a spear in his right hand. Now, the reason why he does this is very important because he throws away the left hand texts into sort of the primordial water where they get swallowed by a giant whale. So there's an idea here that the kumara, so a person who is thus reborn, but it's really an avatar of this deity, can retrieve these left hand path texts, thus unifying synthesizing you could say the world tree or the universe or conceptual mind with like nonconceptual thinking. Like it's like a theosophical kind of like christ consciousness sort of idea, Like they're talking about it like it could be literal, but then there's also an idea that it could also be maybe just a process of consciousness.
Speaker 4: Sure, sure.
Speaker 5: You again, what's this theosophical stuff? You guys keep coming on? I saw you shake your head?
Speaker 4: Nick? What was this? What's all this business about?
Speaker 1: And I just thought that was interesting getting into narcissism.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you think it's interesting about that?
Speaker 1: So thinking about covering that myself recently.
Speaker 4: What do you think about it? That's interesting?
Speaker 5: Let's say to the story here, the narrative of the tales of the Golden Child, you know, the a cult understanding of these things, right, because that is this concept of a golden child, is that in the theosophical folklore talking.
Speaker 1: Well, this stuff is I would think the.
Speaker 2: Jin Well, it's definitely in theosophy, like it's sheep bulbots. He's definitely Alice Bailey definitely talks about it like Nick suit Golden right, Yeah, and there's a it's a gnostic idea too, it's the seth or the atom, although in this case it's really the seth because Seth is the sun. Right. So this is like a child, so they can't be generative, meaning that like a father is a fully masculine force, he's generative, but a son isn't necessarily generative depending on their age. So that's why they that's why they call it a child. So I mean when when you guys have covered like the you know, we always talk about archetypes and how it's so important in magic that people embody certain traits. While child can be both male and female. In a way, it's heard they're hermetic by themselves because they're non generative because they're a child. So it's kind of like the perfect vessel if you want to think of it in a really theosophical way. The golden vessel is like if you look at Catholic images. I've talked to Nick about this million times, but like the Sacred Heart images, I've talked to you JJ million times about this, But the sacred Heart image is the perfect idea of it. It's the golden heart. So that's the golden vessel, the golden child, and the kumara. So the idea is that you have.
Speaker 4: You're talking like a rosen Krucian heart. Does that ever come on the roads?
Speaker 2: Very similar? It's all very interrelated, like there's a I think there's deep connections to all these things. I mean, I personally look at everything more axial or I don't like the word perennial, but sometimes people understand what I'm talking about. What if I call it that? So yeah, I think they're all interrelated, and I think theosophy's lifting like a superficial layer and they're making connections. I don't all agree with them, but I don't fully discard it either, because I think that they're also talking about something really interesting and something also they are talking about like gnostic ideas, but they're also ideas, and you know, they go beyond that. There's obviously this whole film is about TNTRA, but you could read it in a very sort of like theosophical Buddhist kind of way, like a sort of mixture of the two and that would totally make sense too. And because there they all, all of them see this kind of backdrop as very similar and obviously theosophy lays like a kind of narrative groundwork for them to build off of. Now, Ken McLeod was one of the who is the consultant for this film, very famous dharma author.
Speaker 4: Well, I can already he's a Scott's irishman.
Speaker 2: He is, he is. He even has an accent JJ, but he he is. He was one of the last people to be trained in the pre modern Tibetan way. So he was like, there aren't very many teachers that were trained like that, like before the advent of like selfans, Like his teacher didn't even know what those things really were.
Speaker 5: They were told it was more of a genuine source instead of a kind of the bastardization of some of the concepts.
Speaker 4: I suppose what you're.
Speaker 2: Saying right right, So he is drawing from like a real layer. Now he as most vet Buddhists are open to looking at seeds and other places, but it requires a high degree of discernment, just like it would in a cabalistic way. So you the whole idea is like rectify the words as they are or as you make them. And so I'm saying words and I know that's kind of meta, but the words are really important. And so this comes up a lot in the film obviously, because you see like the sigils, the tan seed syllables, you see soundscript writing covering the walls. Obviously this is like, this is a big part of Buddhist magic is the word. So you can even hear right away. There's even a relationship with Christianity. So there's no there's really there's something similar between all the different kinds of magic, because that's really all it is.
Speaker 5: Sure, No, I have a couple I have a couple of scenes with some of that the schedules you're talking about, we can see some of that stuff. I know what you mean, Julie about the names and stuff. I definitely agree with you. One of the weird names in this film, though, is the the valain here that the demon devil fellow old Sardo Numsa right?
Speaker 4: Does that?
Speaker 5: Does that name have any gnostic meanings? In this Golden Child references? Nick, what do you what is his name? What do you make of the name Sardo Numsa?
Speaker 1: One thing I did look up is specifically with that name, is that him's his name in Chandler Jerrell, both equal the same, both equal one English Jamatra.
Speaker 4: Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, some deep trimatria there in comparison thing, because that's a that's a weird ass name, right, Sardo numsa.
Speaker 1: Real real quick just to like even get some of my stuff out that. Yeah, you're talking. There's just certain things that got brought up that I want to try to cover. When you mentioned the I guess theosophy I started one of the things. The reason for that that piqued my interest is because I do think this movie has Cabbalistic attributes to it, and I do think if you're into that, if you're into the Hamitic Kabala, especially like put put it this way, if you're into Thalima or kind of like looking at the way Crowley would do stuff, you'll pull from different areas. So it's like you could use Buddhism as an image because you can still convey the message with the way things match up on the Tree of life, you know, hermetically and cabbalistically. So I do think like you could you know, be you could be using the Tree of life and using Norse gods to tell the story or Greek gods the story. Sure, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: I put that in my notes to Nick. I think the exact same.
Speaker 1: Thing, and I do think what you're saying, yeah, And I do think it might.
Speaker 5: Be today starring Keanu Reeves inspired possibly itself like the movie.
Speaker 1: And one of the reasons is yeah. And one of the reasons yeah, why I wanted to mention that you had mentioned it, you know, Jin had mentioned it earlier, and I was like, fuck it. Maybe I should have just got my Jamatrius stuff off at the beginning, because sometimes it can get boring. But he called me missed the ninety three and then thirty three. Golden Child in English equals ninety three. It also Saturn, Vishnu moonshock, yeah equals cash. But tell, I found this interesting, and I tried telling people this, this is why people were so obsessed with it. Hawked tua also equals ninety three. Uh it really yeah, and out of distance of society and Golden Child in Hebrew equals one to seventy. I found that interesting. You still get a seventeen and then in ninety three in the sense, and that does an equal moon lamb of God in hand of God in April. And do you find that interesting going with Golden Child when it comes to.
Speaker 4: With the what's the significance there with April and the Golden Child?
Speaker 1: Well, the golden child in my opinion, even when it comes to you, Kabbala, this fhear of tifferent matches gold. You know that's related with the sun. And the specific image that you can even use for that is a child.
Speaker 4: So I was gonna ask about images because what's going on here?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 4: Anyone interrupt you? But I feel like there's a lot going on with this image.
Speaker 6: I said the same thing.
Speaker 2: It's really interesting, JJ, because you can say that throughout the film they also refer to Eddie Murphy as the chosen One. So who really is the Golden Child? Like, who really is the Golden Child? Is it just like a production out words? Is that with that little Asian kid who is Filipino by the way, not even Tibetan, but.
Speaker 4: And and not a boy, that's definitely girl.
Speaker 2: Well, it's very hermetic, it feels it almost to me is someone who's interested in like hermetic Kabala. It does feel like a deliberate choice a girl who appears as a boy.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, I see now, I wasn't even thinking of that. Nick Nicks checking his area. What do you all got on? What do you all got on?
Speaker 1: That would be very old like I mean even even even the old man with you know, wiping the boogerund his ship when he was outside with the dude, I think was it at one point? Was he wearing like orange at some point?
Speaker 4: That's even want to watch it? I got that clip right here to watch.
Speaker 1: I would even say that's kind of like where a jokes that would land to as well.
Speaker 4: On hood he's a trickster character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they already he's the magician. He's gone there and come back. So he kind of realizes, like the world is a joke to a sense.
Speaker 5: This is the first this is the first time old actual Acxule Foley meets this old wizard man Victor Wong.
Speaker 4: But you're right, he does have some ore engine here. I think he's got some red.
Speaker 5: But which is it's kind of the same color as I was thinking of this back background of this image.
Speaker 1: Right of the left plor too that would be orange, black and uh red.
Speaker 5: Let's let's watch this this quick clip of when these two meet in the film. It's quite comical.
Speaker 4: Hey, wait a second, you took a hundred. You took the hundred. No, that's no seed.
Speaker 11: One dollar see one dollars for you see the George Washington. That's Benjamin Franklin. That's not happening. You've just you got the wrong money. Can I have my money back?
Speaker 4: And you gave me the.
Speaker 11: Wrong necklace too?
Speaker 4: Breaking my hot ash wipe?
Speaker 11: Well you speak English just fine, so a lot of it. Hey listen, man, give me one hundred back, take this dollar and take this to give me.
Speaker 9: The right one monkey breath, puke face, eat of turtlesteime.
Speaker 4: Uh, okay, tell you what, Just give me my shit.
Speaker 3: You take your ship.
Speaker 2: I watch Scotch Pocket.
Speaker 4: Okay, you slick shit. Hits that Victor Wong, he's a character.
Speaker 1: At some point when he's wearing his hat. I'm pretty sure he's an orange, like an orange.
Speaker 4: Yeah maybe in this side of the temple. I have that. I have that clip as well.
Speaker 5: He turns into a bird there right, which I don't know all this bird stuff with the cultism or not or any esoterically, but there's a bird guide in this film, and then that dude turns into a bird at one point, so I thought that was kind of strange.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 6: The first miracle though, that he performs at the very beginning of the movie is resurrect it's a bird, the dead parrot. But it's that parrot, the same parrot that follows him throughout the movie that the Wong guy transforms into. So he's actually the parrot from the beginning of the movie because if you, yeah, if you notice, like right as they kidnap him, that parrot fly out the door, and then it follows him throughout the movie, and then he turns into the little Asian guy at the market, and that's the first time you realize the parrot is actually this shaman guy's for lack of a better term, but I was gonna say, it's interesting that they chose a girl to play a boy in this movie, or however you want to think about it, because and then Jen said that she was Filipino and not even whatever Tibetan or whatever there's whatever he's supposed to be. But Night Shamalan did that same shit when he did the live action version of Avatar the Last Airbender, because it was supposed to be an Asian boy, and the cartoon is like an Asian cartoon. I don't think it's Japanese, but it might be. But anyways, he picked a white kid, and he also changed the race of like all the different tribes and like made one tribe like people from India, and he made another tribe like all Caucasians. And he basically took the idea and he like switched it all up and made it weird, and people hated that because it didn't follow the story like the cartoon. But I do think it's interesting because it's like the same idea of this Last Airbender, you know, the Avatar, and he's supposed to be this and that he took the character, made it a white kid, and then changed all the other races throughout the tribes. So I don't know, it could be significant in some way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, yeah, for sure. I wanted that's a great point, Julia. I want to just pick you out riff off that and talk about the parrot for a moment. And this is a really significant contric kind of bird because it is one of the well in Tandre at least it is considered to be the only bird that can mimic human speech. So it is the if you want to liken it to like a goddess that you can then google or look up an image of her. It's called Matongi. Interestingly, the rap artist Mia also had an album called Matonghi. So it is the goddess who is very tiphoretic. So there's another tipperatic element actually in the naga kanya. So you guys were talking about before the snake woman or the snake Princess, that's what she was, Draga the dragon lady. She's a natriten. So this is like this is a traditional idea, is that a naga kanya can tell is like a prophet or a seer, like someone who has like because they're in both worlds. A naga lives in the subtle world, meaning like the spirit world, but a man lives or a person lives in the human world and the animal world. So she's like half and half, so she's like liminal, so she's able to access maybe more spiritual knowledge.
Speaker 4: Interesting, what are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 5: Common here we got Golden Child brings to mind the Golden Boy and Jade Girl of Chinese Miss Servants of the jade Emperor who said to Guy, the good people to paradise.
Speaker 2: This is a great Yeah, this is a book comment. Sorry, it's very it's very KEYO. Yeah. Well, okay. So the Buddhist idea is that it's they're the servants of guan Yin. So if you look at Daoist depictions, not Buddhist depictions, but Diwist depictions of her, she'll be with the two children. So the Jade girl is obviously that's the stone of us, stone of nut SoC and the and then the Golden Boy. He is tiporetic, but because he's a child, he's it's like a ono for a ship like that. I mean, that's what that's what it is. He's like he's he's going on the path from Hod to the Sun, from Hoe to different basically nice.
Speaker 1: You know, since we were speaking Cabala real quick, I just.
Speaker 2: In there.
Speaker 1: Jj uh. At some point later on in the movie, this lady Keenang, however you say your name, she does have like a green I don't know if it's jade, but she does have like a green necklace on at some point, and I do think again because of the child, I think is is Tifferate. I do think that some point he Eddie Murphy is playing Hoad, and I do think she's playing Netsuck. And I do think you actually see like in a sense throughout the movie. I do think it's actually crossing the ambiss and coming back, you know, and fighting the demons as part of it.
Speaker 5: You know that story in Green's associated with that the color of green or the stone of or jade or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well to show, yeah, she would be Netsuck, which would be the which would be a female green sphere at the bottom of the tree, right underneath the golden child. And then you have Eddie Murphy, I think would be the guy on the left, the black pillar, but the orange guy, you know, the orange feah, you know. And I do think they throughout the story. I think they go up the tree. I think you see a progression going up the tree. And I do think like the parrot or whatever that bird is, that rainbow bird could possibly be the rainbow that emanates from netsc to Hoad. There was a that And I also, like from my own experience, I had wondered if if it is a story of crossing the abyss and going up the tree of life, could that be like the rainbow bridge that you will witness before you bless the.
Speaker 2: Following the whole way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is a rainbow bird, very rainbowie mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: So we're talking dragon ladies, we're talking all this Eastern mysticism stuff. I got a clip relative to the film Your nine is one. In fact, it is indeed a clip from the film, and it describes all these things, the Golden childs, the Chosen Ones, the dragon ladies, and uh, I'll bring that up for right now.
Speaker 11: So if something happens to the kid, the whole world goes to hell.
Speaker 8: The world will become hell.
Speaker 11: Ah, not far from that.
Speaker 4: Now, listen, who would want to take the kid anyway? Those who want evil rather than good?
Speaker 11: Can you be a little bit more specific?
Speaker 8: We do not know what took him.
Speaker 11: Well, could you tell me why the people took him and trying to make him eat blood?
Speaker 10: Nothing in this world will hurt him, but if you were to pollute himself with anything impure, he would become vulnerable.
Speaker 11: Okay, So if they if he eats the blood, they could kill him. Yes, Oh, do you have.
Speaker 8: Any other questions?
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, I do.
Speaker 11: What are you doing this weekend? Because your silhouette is kicking plays in maraccas too.
Speaker 8: This is the Chosen One?
Speaker 4: Yes, if people certainly do put on a good show.
Speaker 11: Where'd you find her at?
Speaker 14: She's the librarian at the sea, the repository, a percussine. She was blown to help us, she said, three hundred days old.
Speaker 11: How she managed that one one of her ancestors strapped.
Speaker 8: By a dragon?
Speaker 4: Does that happen a lot with you?
Speaker 5: For so three hundred year dragon? You know, three hundred year old dragon? Rapes aside? You know, we we got a good good sight picture there on what's going on with this narrative here with the Golden Child and the Chosen One?
Speaker 4: And how how old?
Speaker 2: Even the number three? Though?
Speaker 4: JJ, Like what's that with the number of threes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like when they're saying like three hundred, she's three hundred years old? Like you could say that the either talking about Bena or you could also say that time as always divided by three?
Speaker 1: See?
Speaker 5: Is that a good lifespan for a half dragon half human? What's the average lifespan there?
Speaker 2: I mean, could be like a thousand years, could be.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, I feel like I feel like they came in.
Speaker 5: They feel like they came in short with the three hundreds, so I feel like that might mean something right with the you know, they may have intentionally put it as three hundred for some reason.
Speaker 4: Right, I had thought, So you're and your dragon should be much older in my opinion, so I'm on an older dragon.
Speaker 1: Even with her, I look at her aspect as almost being like me, Jim or Pace, you see this too, be Nah, you never really get to see her except for that one point. And again it's because she's more of like a voice in your mind or an idea. She's not really an actual image. So you do see her, and then in my opinion, a lot of either sometimes some dragon or maybe a reptile like symbolism. I even think some of the aliens from the Alien movie is like part of the brain, possibly the hippo campus. So you know, then then again that would be of the mind. You know, you're really just to get thoughts. You're not like an actual thing. Yet again, you're she's behind something, You're just hearing something. Just what does that call? You don't have nothing to attach that to except for that silhouette that he found that he thought was banging or whatever.
Speaker 6: He say, Right, and she plays the maracas.
Speaker 1: Literal, is he gonna stub lay around naked all day watching soap opera smoking cigarettes associates?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he gets upset.
Speaker 5: Then he gets all about hurt, right, because he doesn't want to be the chosen one, right, he goes to take it out on the dragon lady amongst other folks. But character, right, this is just the picture of her upper Torso, yeah, we never.
Speaker 6: Get to we never get to see the dragon tail.
Speaker 5: Well they show it, right, but it's like up because he knocks down the thing at one point, right.
Speaker 6: Yes, right, did we get to see the hotel?
Speaker 4: It's pretty good, right yeap?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 4: The best image I can get. It's kind of grainy, but mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: So she reveals like who she is, Like that was really good, Nick, I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: So what's the dragon mean for for Eastern stuff?
Speaker 8: There?
Speaker 2: Jin, Well, it goes with what Nick was saying about being on like how it's like it brings you good seductive, so it like brings you closer and then it reveals what it really is behind the veil. That's how you could maybe describe it. And so she she's like a she would say that she's the wife of Rahu, who is the dragon of the eclipse. So there's a common misconception on astrology twitter that somehow that worshiping deities of Saturn are related to Saturn, like Collie, remove Rahu from a birth chart. That's actually not true. I don't even know who came up with that. It actually densifies his presence and a chart that's like a very basic contract knowledge. So I just want to point that out. Is that where he's where he sort of So what I'm trying to say is that at Saturn, like if he has a Saturnian sort of vibration, he would actually appear it would appear a lot more snakelike. It would be very serpentine.
Speaker 4: But what you're saying, more sneak stuff than dragon stuff.
Speaker 2: Kind of, Yes, that's exactly that. That's a really good way to put it, JJ is that you would see more of a serpent and then once you move away from Benah you would maybe it would make more sense as more of a cosmic or mythical being.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he's got a rattler on the back end of this thing.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say that mm hmm. What I'm talking about that shaker deal on the back. But you know what, I think that they you colors and weird stuff like that this entire movie. And I I'm not I'm not good enough with occultism to tell you what it means. But it's always like yellow Dragon, biker gang, and then you know, yeah, and then it's like, I feel like they mispronounced things on purpose, and I don't know why that might be significant. Like the main bad guy, Sarto Numpspah, he can't say, he can't say he's like miss d Yarral that aady, but he he also can't you know. It says like he's supposed to find the cross dagger of a jaunty and he goes the cross dagger of a yant Like he can't say, he can't say.
Speaker 4: You are correct about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And so I thought that was agree.
Speaker 5: He's pretty he's pretty uh, you know, as far as villains go, he's he's a pretty good villain.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a ginger. Of course, they make the ginger the bad guy every single freaking time.
Speaker 4: Gingers have no sult so I mean it makes sense he would.
Speaker 6: Play well, you know, JJ I take that personally, but I'm half ginger, Julia, I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, like, you know, it's a perfect role for him, right, He's a ginger.
Speaker 8: Right, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But so I think to back up a little bit, like Sure Chandler, he's like on this talk show and he says he's looking for this sixteen year old girl. And that's another thing moment. Okay, I was gonna say, like, that's at the beginning of the movie, but the rest of it, like the blood sacrificing and all that stuff, won't make sense until we mentioned the part where he's like, that's how he gets introduced to the stories. He goes on this talk show and he says he's looking for Eryl Moseley or whatever her last name is.
Speaker 4: Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And if I, if I may, I thank you for kicking this off.
Speaker 4: I got that clip right here, if we can, we can watch that here for the folks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's so hilarious.
Speaker 5: Pack some of this because this is the cross section, right, So they came from Tibet to Los Angeles and they were just talking about not eating not eating blood. This is the cross section of the boot Tibetan Buddhism. And the Satanism Here in America cross section, here in Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: Here with this clip. Now, let's let's talk.
Speaker 2: About tortoises, Judy, what have we got here? This is great? Oh this is Teddy and he's eighty years old.
Speaker 4: We're eighty. He's one man.
Speaker 3: Teddy can kissed my ass.
Speaker 8: Listen.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to find this girl. Okay.
Speaker 3: Her name is Cheryl mos That she was last seen on Violin down in North Fide with you out in a sweater and a skirt. I'd appreciate if you're contacted me at four sixteen eight point nine two, if you had any bank come shut up, man, If you have any information at le to the finding of this girl, I'd appreciate your contact with me.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you don't put the camera out, bust your ass man, leave the camera on show Mosley Chandler Joe twenty five hours.
Speaker 2: Then say eight point nine two. Now you can talk about whatever.
Speaker 3: You want to talk about with datoy Si and whenever excuse.
Speaker 5: So that's that's al Chandler. Jerald gets roped in here as the chosen one because homegirl. There martial arts expert and mysterious wizard lady.
Speaker 4: She's a finds them.
Speaker 2: She's a zacchini.
Speaker 4: What is this? Is it a zucchini?
Speaker 2: She's a jicchini. She's like a yoga practitioner. And she's obviously like gained some cities, like some accomplishments.
Speaker 4: She's got skill sets, got some skills.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's a real badass. And you know when I don't know if it's time for me to say it just yet, but in classic eighties style, one of the first scenes where she's like going off with her badass ory, of course, she has to kick a fucking pipe down in her tits are all wet and flopping around and stuff, and her nips are showing through her shirt, is like classic eighties Uh, you know, but she.
Speaker 4: She's actually was that the Yellow Dragons fight? Was that? Was that? Was that the same fight when they give the Yellow Dragons?
Speaker 6: Yes? But I actually, yeah, had you seen her in any other movies?
Speaker 4: No? I don't think I have sense either, quite honestly.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 6: And she's so cute.
Speaker 5: She's so cute The Golden Boy Girl, the Golden Child that they didn't act again either, apparently this was their only film.
Speaker 6: Sure, but so I was gonna mention because I said, like, I feel like they use colors a lot, like with the yellow dragon and this and that. If you really go back and watch the movie and you count how many times they use blue, it just is weird to me because like even that clip you just showed the talk show, the curtain in the background is blue. He's wearing a blue shirt, and then at the well there's a lot of blue in the middle. But like at the end, like two or three of the characters are all wearing blue shirts. And so I don't know if that's significant in some way, but I think the colors are a big deal.
Speaker 2: No, I'm truly are sure. Sorry, JJ, go ahead, Jane, that was great noticing Julia. Let me just say, even when he says, bring the camera back over here, like look at me, and he's wearing that black leather jacket, that really stood out to me. It's very Bana. But he's also in the blue. Like Julia said, she's really pulling focus towards him, and she's wearing like red. It's very geveraatic like Marshall, but she's perceiving him. And as Julia said, it's not just him that has the blue shirt, but it's also the background of the talk show, and then when it zooms out you can see it and it's like, so it's like the whole idea is like you're standing at Goba, you're looking at you're in the fire, but then you're looking at the ocean and you can see yourself and then you look you can you acknowledge what it is, but it doesn't necessarily appear as you right, And that's sort of the that's a very magic I'm sorry that was very meta, but that is kind of what it's like. It's like there's an interaction with perception that happens between the ocean and the water and the fire. You can say that. So that's kind of what they represent. And but they reverse the poles. You see that usually you would have a more masculine figure at Mars or Govra and a feminine figure has said, but not, you don't have to, So.
Speaker 4: You're playing they're playing gender games, like the Day with the Golden Child.
Speaker 2: Is that what we're telling me, Well, it's interesting because it's like she's the one in perception. He's just saying, you know, bring the camera towards me, let me be amplify or magnetize this girl's story like outward and but she's like, but what she's focused on is him, So she's singular in her view, where he's expansive, very much hessetic.
Speaker 1: If you want to think about it, JJ a really good way to explain it. I think even with this, if you want to make it cabalistically, which I think Gin's doing a real good job, I would you know, include the chess head again, even a projecting or expansive if you took a light bulb, the light that shining out of it would be kind of like male energy, and the light bulb itself will kind of be the feminine energy and the male energy sound sight is coming out of it.
Speaker 15: It's a good analogy projective projectives that would be like a so I I even think when he was saying about him in a sense, if you think about it, she sees him then, and I would say he is very much chested at that point, very expansive, very powerful, loud, being seen you know by a lot.
Speaker 1: It's on TV. She sees him, She sees him, and then basically she takes him him and brings him wherever he's got to go. It's very magnetic. Well well playing the side of the Yeah, well she chose.
Speaker 6: Him, she chose him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then she pulls him very very magnetically like the left pillar. She now fucking pulls him all the way to her side.
Speaker 2: So what we're supposed to Julia, go ahead, I just want to say what next? Thing is really profound because that is even the idea is that Tikini will lead you through experiences you as the witness or the perceiver, rather than it's not just all your will. It's like there's part of it that is a little bit other power, is what we would call it. So it's like generative outside of you. Maybe it is you, but maybe it isn't. It's kind of like an inter social moment.
Speaker 4: So I don't know. This is how it happens.
Speaker 5: Right, she signs him up for all these things, right because she sees him on the TV.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, she has selected him as a partner as the chosen one, right exactly.
Speaker 1: And sorry I was interrupting you go ahead. I just want to don't want to forget.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, please please, I'm done.
Speaker 1: When I was saying before in the video, I do think that they both play the princess and the and the prince the hod and that suck, but they both are going to play the king and the queen at one point. And I do think at Chessa, when she's seeing him, she's seeing the king in that that that hoad is going to become going up the tree. She already sees it in him, so that's why she picks him. That sounds a little a little much, but I do think that's the kind of part of it that makes total sound.
Speaker 5: His old noomsy is he pronounced the stuff and Hebrew stuff kabala wise.
Speaker 1: I was wondering about that. But the whole reason why he doesn't say the jay.
Speaker 2: Well, there's there's no jay in Hebrew, so you wouldn't that's that's even a a thing in magic.
Speaker 4: Like that's why it's mister pronouncing Yero, right, he's got instead of Gerald.
Speaker 2: Well you could say it's like dilectification of the jay almost, like you could say it's like how they say Ihovah instead of Jehovah. So like you can even hear that there's a distinction obviously, and like maybe what God you're referring to. I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that's how people think of it. Or like what like Covenant you hold like that's obviously very mythriic, but I think, yeah, I think that's kind of in line with the general magical sort of orders and how they view the world.
Speaker 6: Pointed out just really quick, they pointed out because the two things. And this is why it's important, because when you when you watch this movie, and I said, oh, look there he's wearing a blue shirt and he's got the blue curtain behind him, and you know she's wearing the red or whatever, and Jin did a great job explaining that. But if you listen to like the dialogue in these scenes, it's on purpose. They because the talk show hosts comments on what he's wearing, and he's like, oh, look at your outfit. I love your hats, and it's like, okay, attention to what he's wearing. And then in another scene, Chandler Jerrol calls Sarto out. Yeah, He's like, why do you pose mispronounce my name when you know it's jeral And he said, I know. So he's like acknowledging that I'm mispronouncing it on purpose. So that's why I think, like, yeah, could we be looking into it too far or whatever? Maybe, But I think the reason they put those little lines in the movie is because it is intentional. It's like the wardrobe choices, the way that he mispronounces the name, like they even included it into the dialogue. It's like, why do you insist on miss pronouncing my name? You know it's Jerald And he's like, yeah, I know, boy, Julia.
Speaker 4: That's a very solid point. They have some great dialogue between old.
Speaker 5: Nupsy and uh chandeler Gerald there or mister Gerrol that is, you know, there's some back, you know some as far as the antagonist protagonist, they're not really doing a lot of duke in and out, but they are doing a lot. I mean, there's a little bit of that. But they do a lot of back and forth, just you know, gelling at each other. So they got some classic dialogue.
Speaker 2: Well I do that sometimes, like I feel i've I've I've discussed it on lives before that it's a it's an old Discordian like a chaos magician trick. You mispronounce things or you create. Something I'm more fond of is you create compound words that are totally brand new for your use. So an example of.
Speaker 4: That Westoid is that what you did to me with western Well, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't up with that. That's something from the zoomer Twitter. I'm about ten years too old to use technically, but I'll give you an example like clipolithic, Like people think that I just mispronounced it, but actually makes sense because you're talking about like a stone aggregate. So that's like a compound word that you can just make, but it has to there has to be a logic, and I go hearing, so you can do that instead of saying like kleipa, which I don't have a prom saying. But sometimes there's an idea that the things that you say are the things you invoke, so depending on the context you're using at So.
Speaker 4: Well, that's interesting. I appreciate that. Jen is that also Kenu?
Speaker 2: Is that kenu that is considered true Keno?
Speaker 4: I would assume it would be. I'm getting I'm catching on. I'm catching on.
Speaker 5: So we we were talking yellow dragon stuff and the crossover with intersection with Satan Satanic cold stuff in around Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: It's spoiler alert.
Speaker 5: We find out Tommy Tong, who works you know, is running this out law blacker gang who kidnapped this young girl that the channel Chaneral Yarrel is looking for well he works for old Numcy. So we're about to find that out here right now.
Speaker 4: Oh Cheryl, Yeah, we sold.
Speaker 2: Her, I mean you sold you sold a cool.
Speaker 13: To Tommy tom He got that restaurant down on Broadway, and we traded her case of cigarettes and a quarter of pork fried rice.
Speaker 1: Why would somebody want to buy somebody?
Speaker 2: He needed a girl?
Speaker 13: What worked the steel out with the devil said he needed her blood?
Speaker 6: So much to say? I have so much to say.
Speaker 5: Please, I did forget that the parent clip which I'll play. He wants me to discuss this one with the you know, the parrot guy. That is how they got there. Was Victor Wong, the revived parent from the Golden Child, is the one who led them to that house.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 6: So they do find Cheryl a little bit before this scene, and that's where he finds the bucket of oatmeal with the blood in it. Yeah, and so again I say this because I think it's important they chose an actress to play Cheryl, even though she's in it for five seconds and she's just a dead body. It's a ginger girl, and she's the innocent one. She's the sacrifice, but also the devil is the ginger guy, and it's like the masculine and the feminine, but they're both red haired ginger people. And like one's the innocent one, one's the devil. He kills her, sacrifices or uses her blood in this ritual to kill this kid, and you know, it's like an innocent ginger girl, and then the devil is a ginger guy. I think they do that stuff on purpose. And the only other thing I have to say about this scene is that at the very beginning when they break into the house, they're playing a really specific song. I don't know if you caught it. It's by Rat, you know that body to I.
Speaker 4: Did not catch it, but please tell us.
Speaker 6: Okay, So the album that that song is on. It was Rat's debut album, and it featured themes of witchcraft, nuclear war, and global destruction. And that is the song that's playing as that scene opens up. So, as I say, if you look in the background, everything is on purpose. Even a dead girl that's laying in the movie for five minutes that happens to be a ginger girl with this yellow dragon tattoo. And then you know, the devil's a red haired guy. I think all the little tiny details actually matter in the long run.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 2: I agree as well, Julia, and I will say that sometimes in contra the deity and his concert are depicted as red hair, but if you kind of understand, you realize it doesn't have to be red hair, because it can just be the sort of appearance of red from wisdom fire. So the wisdom fire would make the hair pere red, so it could be blonde or even block. And sometimes it is also depicted us up. But I think that was also a really good point.
Speaker 6: Somebody got the song right. Yeah, I couldn't remember the title of it, but I remembered the uh lyrics. But yes, that's that's the song too. That's playing in the background. And I only and what struck me the first time I watched it, before I even decided I wanted to cover it on a Conspiracy episode is I hate that song. And every time that scene plays, I'm like, somebody shoot me in the face. I hate the rat shit.
Speaker 4: You're not my scene for sure. So before we get into the oatmeal.
Speaker 5: Blood stuff, tell or before we talk about the oatmeal and the blood stuff, I got a video clip to tie that into the Golden Child here in a minute. But let's what are your all thoughts? What's all that about? What's feeding all this blood stuff? About neatmeal?
Speaker 2: Well, before we do a blood and oatmeal, which I will obviously discuss a little is that.
Speaker 5: And you've got to watch out. Victor Wong has got his wand out, buddy. What do you want to talk about before blood and oaemeal? What are we talking here?
Speaker 2: Well, Victor Wong? Of course.
Speaker 4: So the red that's what I brought this picture of.
Speaker 2: It's perfect, it's perfect. JJ.
Speaker 4: Did the orange of the Rednick was talking about earlier?
Speaker 2: Yes, So orange is a really important color in Buddhism. You could almost say it's the most important color. If you were to compare it to the tree, you would definitely say that Buddhism really likes hod as a starting position for an upasaka or someone who practices Buddhism. So I set at the beginning that the monks depicted were of the Gelakhpa, so the Gellic school. He is actually a Nagapa, so he is a sorcerer. He belongs to the ning Musk. So the it's the old school or the ancient school, so they're allowed sort of more. They give themselves a little more conceptual leeway with ideas. And he can also be a householder, so he's not restricted by monastic vows. That's why later on spoiler alert, he gets called like a paternal name. So, but that's even what his red hat means. It's kind of like he wears the orange robe. Sometimes he would be a black coat with an orange robe. He would obviously be in turquoise jewelry Lapis Lazuli jewelry, and then he would wear the red hat, and that would indicate that he is also a Buddhist. He's not just a sorcerer. So there's just an idea there.
Speaker 4: So sorry, let me flipped it on him.
Speaker 5: Where there they're trying to feed the Golden child some of his blood outmeal.
Speaker 4: Here it's got some of those schedules we were.
Speaker 5: Talking about earlier Jan with the there's probably a lot of stuff you're all going to see that I don't. I don't have the foggiest idea about so stand by police.
Speaker 7: As there's name see you will eat.
Speaker 2: So I think it's really interesting JJ that the Sigils like I don't read to that and I've never I cannot, but I can, right.
Speaker 5: Well, I one second, j hold on, one second, hold up one second. I always want to see him do his telepathic powers here, or I guess technically she the Golden Child said fuck your meal?
Speaker 4: What were you saying there, Jim?
Speaker 2: I apologize, JJ, and my I mean you're good for a second. Okay, so I apologize to that, but I can't even remember, but I'll just I'll start with the oatmeal in blood because that's obviously, you know what, people will give the people what they want.
Speaker 7: So obviously that's a big part of the story here, right, that's right, a week.
Speaker 4: They got a week in the Golden style to kill it.
Speaker 2: So it is. It is a tonric idea, just like it is in Tellima. Like cakes of light that obviously comes from Tibetan Buddhism, it's obviously like our trauma cakes. Interestingly, that they use oatmeal, that's obviously a nod to I don't know how they make cakes of light in the in the Oto or any of the other orders, but in Tibetan Buddhism it's made with barley powder, so it's barley powder starfire, so it's not the blood of a virgin, just to be very clear, And it's not even starfire as you would understand it. It's made it's like a homeopathic like eight times version made into tiny little nectar pills. So and yes, it can also be other substances. And so the transgressive substances change the offering from like a peaceful offering into a wrathful offering. But in to n Buddhism, nothing is ever sacrifice except yourself, like not yourself, but kind of like who you think you are. That's the only that's just their symbolic offerings to represent sort of mental or uh, sort of like obstacles of consciousness. So you offer those obstacles of consciousness, but you put it in a in a vessel. That is the transgressive or wrathful offering. But the in and of itself is just a container. It's not like the real thing. You're just using that as a vehicle to remove the obstacle. But the obstacle always comes from yourself, it's not from external source.
Speaker 5: Interesting, So what are your thoughts, Nick on all this blood oatmeal weakening of this child.
Speaker 4: The golden child to immortal mortal situations?
Speaker 1: Uh? Oh, look at a couple of different different ways here. U. Well, even when like Chin was going there with it too, I guess, like you know, kick of Lights that does have blood in it stuff, he was talking at his blood in it wheat. I think it's just used in general or something like that. A grain is used symbolically. I think a lot, you know, just because it's cooked oatmeal, you know, think about it in the real sense, you know, you see stuff like that a lot. Uh. And then even with health uh huh did heart healthy? It's probably blood. I another interesting thing with that too. Even in in Hebrew it matches golden and fool. There was something else. I was gonna bring it up before, but uh, I didn't want to get too much on the numbers. So like I even thought that, like, how that seems interesting, how that like even matches like Eddie Murphy's character. But then tholso the kid itself again, and and then even in right yeah, and then even uh blood and then in English matches this might be a stretch matches Luna, but that chick's name also matches moon.
Speaker 4: I am kind of the reverse of the symbolism of the sun too, right, is that right? Right?
Speaker 1: And it matches full all the way around, and matches full uh in Hebrew and English and simple all the way around.
Speaker 6: I've read some theories about the Golden Child online, and also every every time before I do an episode like this, I like to check Reddit and see what people have said about it, and they did. To Nick's point, they always referenced that girl I think her name is key Key Nung or something like that. In the movie, they reference her as as supposed to be a moon deity, and I read that several times in a lot of the Reddit chats, that she was supposed to be like a moon deity. So I just wanted to throw that in there, that that's not my name. Yeah, that was That wasn't my conclusions, but I did see that several times on Reddit, people talking about this movie and what it could mean and stuff like that. That got brought a lot. Yeah, I couldn't find anything on that specifically, but the blood and the oatmeal, I think it could be another thing obviously with Jin and Nick are saying, and just the colors, the white and the red, I think could be significant because out of all things to choose, oatmeal, I feel like that's a little specific because you could put blood. I feel like if I was going to try to feed somebody something with blood in it, more creative about it, like vegetable soup, then you.
Speaker 5: Couldn't got You gotta sneak it in there. You gotta find a better so to transport that blood.
Speaker 6: That's like, why why oat meal?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 5: Yeh seems that importance, right, the grain or the oats. There's something's important.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And like when he first digs the spoon into it and there's that scene where it's just oatmeal on the top and then boom, blood comes squirting out of it. And it's like very cinematic how they did, like the white oatmeal with the red blood squirting out so and then he even like takes a polaroid stature of it. So I think, you know, the colors could be significant also if you want to get real surface level, like with the red hair and the white skin, the oatmeal and the blood. It's like literally all the colors in this movie mean something.
Speaker 4: I mean, I like it.
Speaker 5: You got a lot of that red stuff going on in just the movie poster right, the official imagery for the.
Speaker 4: Film, right, I mean some deep reds going on, deep reds.
Speaker 2: Well, I can offer a little something is that that was great because the white, red, and blue are the most significant colors. Like I said, orange is a really important color. Yes, green is a really important color. Yes, but the real primordial colors are white, red, and blue in that order. So obviously the pepsi can has like multiple layers of significance just through that. It's also you could say, like a sort of an agent of synthesis away because it it's like bringing it's obviously a tin can kind of thing or aluminum, so maybe even has mercurialness. But then it's white, so it's kind of heather. But you need other things to get there. So you have the hesset and the Gevra, the water and the fire coming together, and then the little boat boy at Hoe, that little golden prince, he's making it alive with his mind. So yeah, there's something very magic about that. And I think that the other I'd have forgot my other point, but I you know, that was a great point, Julia and I agree. Also, you can you can make turma turmas like wrathful offerings. You can make them very gory like looking because you just you you just like old a cake basically out of barley powder and like little substance pills, and then you can make them like have eyeballs or tongues or like any of their wrathful kind of offerings. So, like what Julie is saying, it's like a perfect simulcra like a you know, it's not quite real, and it's also cinematic, so it's like a crazy offering. That spirting blood that they're telling us is real, but we also know as an audience is not really real. So it is kind of like a perfect contraed offering in a way because it's kind of like a lie of truth at the same time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I think the three colors I noticed the most in this movie were red, white, and blue, and the Golden Child wears a traditional like little Buddhist looking robe throughout the entire movie, except for the very last scene of the movie where they put a red, white and blue shirt on him and then Eddie Murphy gives him a hat that's blue and white, and so yeah, I think that they I mean, the whole movie, he's like got the traditional you know, garbon and then at the very last scene of the movie he's red, white and blue stripe shirt with a blue and white hat, and so yeah, I think that stands out, like I don't even know why they put that on him, honestly.
Speaker 4: Because excellent point, though, excellent point.
Speaker 6: Yeah they're wearing blue again. Yeah, the red, white and blue stripes in the blue and white hat, and yeah, I think the colors definitely mean something I.
Speaker 5: Don't want to miss. I don't want to miss gender this individual, not even in a translay. But that is just remind you that is a girl.
Speaker 4: What's new?
Speaker 6: That's so crazy to me.
Speaker 4: Isn't it wild? I was shocked to learn that.
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess they did that with the little girl what's her face from fucking such stranger things. So it's not the first time they shaved a girl's head, and you know, but they let her still be a girl in.
Speaker 5: That, you know what I'm saying, Like where like jen was and Nick were discussing earlier, when he's playing in the gender role games within this occult, you know, philosophies, you know, I kind of see the same thing from you, like a surface level, like you were saying, Julia, When I look at Satanism, I'm like, well, they like to play this gender game a lot and Satanism and old noomsy. Here they call him the devil, but he's he's a noopsy, but he's he's kind of is the devil, right, I Mean they don't classify it, but.
Speaker 6: He's a demon for sure because he meditates and then he speaks to the devil.
Speaker 4: Not even the top devil. He's like a like a lower tier devil.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's like a like a like a.
Speaker 10: The devil.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's middle.
Speaker 6: Because he can't even figure out what the fuck to do. He's got to go back and ask advice. Like I thought you were supposed to be a demon with all your demony knowledge and ship, and you got to go back and refer back to the devil all the time, like you're retard. Like what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 4: How do I kill him?
Speaker 6: I don't know, stab him in the fucking face.
Speaker 5: No, that's a that's a great that's a great point because if you're some sort of criminal mastermind, you work, you know, this demon thing. You hire Tommy Tong who pays some chowmaine to these bikers, the kidnap a girl. What are what are these negotiations and logistics you're going through your budd demon you can do better. Look at hold on, let me let me just show you who Tommy Tong is here, because he much like Victor Wong, and they also start in Big Trouble Little China, the guy who played Tommy Tong here, But Tommy Tong was a liability and old Noomsy wasn't having it. I speaking role is more of a dying role, but that was Tommy Tongue.
Speaker 6: What is the rat significant for? Because they're listening to a rat song and then Noopsy just turned into a rat, So what is it?
Speaker 4: Beat me to it?
Speaker 5: You beat me to it, Julia, and I feel like Asian cultures have a different significance of rats than we do here in America.
Speaker 4: But I'm sure Jenny can add to that.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: If you wanted to give it a really Buddhist layer, you could say the rat is the vehicle of the Lord of hosts or the lord of aggregates, so it would maybe give him like a materialistic Klepolithic, maybe even Satanic. But of course you don't have to I'm just saying conceptually, you don't have to take it like that, right, but you could say that it gives it that element. But there's also a really interesting element that's universal is that in almost every culture that I've ever encountered talking about magic, they will always discuss sorcerers being able to transform into black animals. So like a rat, like a dog, like a horse. All, uh, it's cat is actually rare. It's actually quite rare as an idea that only women. It's more women can turn into cats, or they will say cat spirits, especially in a Chinese context, I'll say cat spirits can live a very long time, and eventually, if they can live long enough, they'll turn into women that can like marry men and et cetera.
Speaker 5: So it's a lot of thoughts out in my process inspect Jim, But I mean I like it just some wild stuff.
Speaker 4: You just threw out their bud.
Speaker 6: I think that happened to me though. I think I was born a cat and I slowly you were born into Yeah. I mean I've always just identified as a cat. Like I'm always like, go fuck yourself. You know, people will come around and I'm like and then I go hide somewhere. I'm better as an online presence, Yeah, I'm just I'm a hotline presence. Don't come to my house.
Speaker 5: Though, you want to do online vampiring, like to Celest the vampire we just had.
Speaker 16: On said I would totally do it as well as I don't have to meet a motherfucker, and like, yeah, but oh so I was gonna say, I feel like there are undertones of like the Christianity story inside this movie, because the biker gang that sells the young girl for.
Speaker 6: Pork fried rice or like whatever, that's like the Judas couple of egg rolls, you know, and then you have you know, Sartos is trying to offer a deal to Jerrold, so it's like making a deal with the devil and the chos. Yeah, yeah, so I do think there are like the like Christian aspects of this, like someone betraying you and selling you for pork fried rice and making a deal with the devil, and you know, the whole kind.
Speaker 5: Of making a joke of the Satanic panic at the time, right, this is kind of the hotest Satanic panic, right.
Speaker 6: Sure, I would say, so, yeah, what's funny because I didn't I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I put the clip. I was just looking for it.
Speaker 5: But speaking of all this satanic stuff, right, so in the Satanic Panic business.
Speaker 4: So Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 5: Did a show I think it was at coffee with car Jerry Seinfeld, and he's talking about how he met Sammy Davis Junior there around the same time made this film sub mid eighties, so and Sammy Day Old Sammy d was trying to get him to join the Church of Satan, join the dark Side?
Speaker 4: Is he is?
Speaker 2: He?
Speaker 4: Old? Eddie was talking, Well, hmmm, I.
Speaker 2: Think it's important to just note really quick that we don't have a Satan figure. Say, well, maybe that's not accurate.
Speaker 1: Don't have it equal Satan. I meant to tell you that Johnty equal Satan.
Speaker 4: Okay, the dagger, yeah, johnt dagger, Yes, the Satan dagger. Oh, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 6: You remember what they said about it when when Noopsy meditates to speak with the devil and he says, the jaunty Dagger is not of this world and it came from Hell so they could kill the Golden Child, like it's literally from hell.
Speaker 4: And to make this.
Speaker 5: Hell right, he had to eat the bloody oatmeal and make this hell, which kind of sounds like vampirism.
Speaker 2: Well, he's bringing the carnal ground to the little Boy.
Speaker 4: The online is more of.
Speaker 2: Heaven, you could say. And so there's something really interesting even about the dagger since Snick brought it up, is that that dagger is actually a magical implement, but it's also a deity. That deity name is vaujor Kumara. That's an older version of text, but or older.
Speaker 4: That's not a dagger, Jim.
Speaker 2: This is a dagger, yes, that dagger, So it's a three pointed dagger. And it also is called Vajra Kumara, just like the Golden Boy. So the dagger can also be a deity like it can.
Speaker 4: Also this is also the Golden Child.
Speaker 2: Right, but then you be Then the whole point is like to proceed, like to not have a distinction between like object and perceiver. So you're kind of unified in the dagger. And you can even see there's like a figure eight sort of thing that's a vadra. So like everyone always loves the vadra whenever I bring it up. So that's a vajra in the middle. But then it comes down to a single point. So at the single point should be your like will, but it's your will and complete emptiness. So it's what I'm really trying to say, is it's just it's a wand you could say or a dagger. It can be both things really, but it it can also be you, but it it's not you, just like when you're holding it, playing with it.
Speaker 4: Like it's a dagger that identifies as a.
Speaker 2: Yes, like you could say, you could say the apotheosis of a person is the golden child. I think that's a very Christian kabalistic way to kind of look at it, or even a theosophical way, like I think that's what Nick and I have both been like getting at is that it's like someone rising through the tree. But it could be like a real person, maybe a magician, Okay.
Speaker 1: Dagger even I don't want to try to get into it too much. I explained it a couple of well, a couple of years ago I had covered Michael Myers Halloween in the Nightmare Elme Street. How I both thought that they kind of both represented beasts in the both like possibly like Janice. And again they both you know, Freddy has the daggers kind of finger daggers and the other guy is known for a knife as well. And I do you know, even when I was showing there's something, and I think line two in line seventeen, I think both associate with like Janus in a Crawley seven seven seven and somewhere like I think a knife for like a Crusser. Something along those lines comes up associated with that. And that was like another thing I was showing that I was trying to explain. And if you think about it in a sense, if you look at the dagger now, it's already got the two face got right at the bottom.
Speaker 5: That's what I was just gonna say, right, is that yanis the two faces you see, they're right.
Speaker 2: So he technically he has five faces, but sometimes I h s three or one with a face above it, so it'll be like a little he'll kind of like a pot. It'll like represent like his higher consciousness the face above it. And interestingly, to go off, next comment is that when you look at him in art, so just Buddhist art, although sometimes they make daggers like this, he will be depicted in full form and he'll have wings, so all all in it will look like very much like a cross or a crucifix. Maybe maybe not as it looks like it taw anyway, and that is kind of the idea and so like Julia was saying, like like raising something from Hell, that he is the Adamantine's son. So that's another way to understand it. Like he's forged in hell fire, but he's a little more powerful than that. So you can see there's like a redemptive you could call it like a Buddhist arc or a theosophical arc, but I think that also parallels like the guy has to draw his path, the evil sorcerer has to draw his powers from like a worldly spirit. A spirit that doesn't is not omnipotent, is not omnipresent, just has a goal to become like I don't know, more of this earth or whatever. But the Golden Child he sort of transcends all that. He's sort of above it. He's not worldly. So that's kind of what the dagger also represents. You could say, real quick.
Speaker 4: And the chosen one can wield the dagger too, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah, yeah, you can.
Speaker 4: The whole right.
Speaker 5: Old Victor Wong's like, well we'll find out if you can get that dagger, Budton, Well, if you're up to the challenge.
Speaker 1: Real quick too. Even when I had covered the movie from Hell, I showed symbolism and that about Janice and that's you know all about slice some motherfuckers up too. Shit.
Speaker 6: That's a good one to do a breakdown on because there's a kind of stuff in there. One of my favorite Johnny Depps actually I love that one. So what do you guys think about him eating those little twigs throughout the whole movie? Do you think that's significant.
Speaker 4: In a way?
Speaker 1: Yes, one thing I was going to bring up to with the whole blood stuff. It even goes back to uh, some guy in Pedocles from like five hundred PC. He was even stating that you if you want to do magical stuff, you're gonna have to stop taking him blood. You're gonna have to start like kind of eating like a vegetarian. And blood blood would be like it would just be a bad thing. It would be make you dirty. I can't think of the word right now.
Speaker 5: That well that's what makes it. That's what that's what they here, right, would make him dirty? Would be immortal, right, he would, he would be of the earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he he he goes on about eating like, you know, stuff like that. So it makes sense that the kids like eating a plant. You know, it's it's nice he's eating a vegetarian die my opinion, and.
Speaker 6: The blood literally eating like one leaf a day for several days.
Speaker 5: And he can really do a lot of things to solve that problem with his magical wizard abilities.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he saw him make a dancing PEPSI can come on, get out of here. This guy can find some food.
Speaker 1: About that too. With the eating if, in my opinion, like your I would think that maybe your senses. This is hard to explain, but like your body's gonna have to start paying it, like if to have a magical experience, you're gonna have to slip out a little bit. And I guess like if what if, Like if you're thinking about if you're putting stuff back into your body, it's gonna have to pay attention. Your stomach's gonna have to paying attention to the food. This is really hard and deep what I'm trying to explain here. But I do think like maybe they can't make fast. Yeah, it's almost like you're there's nothing there for your bidy to have to actually spend any energy.
Speaker 5: Sure, so you can concentrate the energy on magical stuff. Yes, it makes sense, Yeah.
Speaker 6: That does make sense. I didn't. I put in my notes to ask you guys about it because I couldn't figure out what it meant. Because I really forgot about that little twig thing in his pocket and you pull it out and you just eat a twig a day.
Speaker 1: It was like a midleaf.
Speaker 6: As a kid, I was like, this is all.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's like that's they put in gum to make it.
Speaker 5: You know, so we uh we haven't. He went on quite a journey to get that dagger. I'm assuming there's some some elements of this journey that has some deeper understandings.
Speaker 4: So old uh chamler yer Old there goes to bet.
Speaker 5: Well, technically it was you know, Mammoth Lakes, California, but you know they did a good job and make it look like Tibet. But I got a clip for us here in that, in that journey on to get this your dagger.
Speaker 14: To my money, we have come to ask for the sacred Cross.
Speaker 8: Dagger over Jaunty for what reason?
Speaker 14: For the golden Child.
Speaker 4: So that's the second Christ, right before the funny part.
Speaker 5: I got I got that coming up. I want I want to talk. I got that coming up. Julia, don't worry about it. So that's the Segret cross dagger of Satan.
Speaker 2: Huh, Well, he's only Satan when he's like all over the place, when he's single pointed in his will. Then he reaches apotheosis. He becomes like you could, Okay, I'm gonna use like a word. It's gonna get me in trouble, but it I'm just gonna say. Anyway, he becomes christ like, if you want to say it like that, you can say it like that.
Speaker 4: It's okay, Sure, it's okay, Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 5: So what are we looking at here with this whole scene before we get to that, I didn't leave out the funny part, Julia, trust me, I got that here.
Speaker 4: What are we looking at here with this whole scene?
Speaker 5: He's walking into spending these uh these pillars and you know, talking to this guy who's this wizard fellow slash bird. What are you all thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: Say that again?
Speaker 4: The whole scene.
Speaker 5: He walks into here with this temple and he's got to spend his pillars and he's talking to the wizard bird fella, you know, Nick shinn mm hmm. What's all this about? And then why would this why would this knife the house theory, you know what I mean? Like, why are these are the keepers of the knife? Is that what we're looking at here? These monk?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't know. I saw that part of like the Hero's Journey.
Speaker 6: I put that it was the Hero's journey in my notes, but I grouped this scene in with like him having to carry the water and the Yeah, that's what I.
Speaker 4: Was getting at. Yep, that's going across.
Speaker 6: The bridge and doing all. So I mean I grouped this scene in with the scene that follows as the hero's journey part of the story, which the hero's journey. I mean, honestly, Christ falls into the Hero's journey things, right, So I don't think it's bad to say that. I think it's like an.
Speaker 5: Archetcype say that, Julia, you and Jen both can make Christ references here on Operation GCD.
Speaker 4: It's it's not banned, it's not censored.
Speaker 6: Well say that dead, I think.
Speaker 5: Huh, I said, even Numcy won't mind he's dead.
Speaker 4: I think, oh really, I always.
Speaker 6: Thought he was a good looking guy. I didn't know he was dead.
Speaker 5: Well, the actor, I think is alive. He played a villain last section here as well. But yeah, here in the film uc does not need a good end. No, and again when we're I know there's a lot of Eastern mysticism stuff, but I mean it's hard to not see this through a you know, a very Christian Satanic lens of the Satanic Panic era.
Speaker 6: Well, I am a Christian, so I feel like that's the only lens that I look through a lot of times. But I mean, I always love to talk to people like Jin and Nick because they get me to look outside of my own perspective on things and to understand like we can all be right at the same time. But it's like I always say, it's like a five layer burrito, and there's many layers to it. There's like many things.
Speaker 5: I'm an alien Christian that does that? Does that work out well in this In this perspectives.
Speaker 2: You can map it all to the tree for formerly it doesn't really matter. You can honestly look at everything like Kabala like you like what Julia said, you can just understand that Kabala is sickly and then there's no problems. So you can kind of look at all the systems and say like, Okay, this is what this prefers, and this is how to get there, but you don't have to agree. It's just just like you can look at it and say, yeah, this is the relative truth, so you're sure fine with that. So that's how I feel about like most other religions, not all of them, but like Christianity for sure, Like it's a Christian kabala makes perfect sense to me. There's it's no problem.
Speaker 5: Joke's aside and dragon rapes aside. I think you know what I was getting at with the Satan figure here, nupsy here, you know, he he's They obviously have these satanic cold elements you know, tied in here, like like we were talking about before with the Blacker gangs, the kidnappings, the you know, these these common tropes and understandings of this, these real world situations that that transpire but or depicted here in this film. But what I always like to say also in those regards is like those people that are doing these things, they don't believe in Satan also was one thing I was. That's what I was, That's what I was getting at, That's what I was good.
Speaker 6: So you really aren't, you really aren't an alien Christian or whatever.
Speaker 4: You use formally formally?
Speaker 6: What does that mean that Jesus was terrestrial or what that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know, God loves on Cola. That's a different story altogether. It's near the Star series.
Speaker 6: A serious guy.
Speaker 4: Huh, yeah, very very much.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 5: Now that was the first twenty two years of my life. I recently just surpassed the you know, I've now longer been not a Mormon than I was a Mormon.
Speaker 6: So, oh, Mormonism, huh, let's see Christ.
Speaker 4: Sorry, you're a good dude. That's good.
Speaker 2: I just want to say that Heidi already knows this, but like I kind of I'm very fascinated by like how more means, think of like the tree and what like what they're doing. I'm not I don't want to be a Mormon. I'm not a Mormon or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Sign up right now, Jane, let's get let's make it happen.
Speaker 2: I don't know enough, I don't know anything about it, but I'm just I just like it for the Cabala, the mothership.
Speaker 6: All right, let's ship.
Speaker 4: All let's last off.
Speaker 5: Let's let's check out that Phonny scene here though from where he do another scene.
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 8: Said him, ask it, I see.
Speaker 9: What the name.
Speaker 8: Any mask? Again? I want the knife.
Speaker 14: Please.
Speaker 8: Only a man whose heart is pure can wield a knife, and if you're such a man, you will have it.
Speaker 6: I love you died clips too, by the way, because that's what makes the movie breakdowns the best.
Speaker 4: I agree, I totally agree.
Speaker 5: Apparently YouTube does not agree that YouTube it's not liking the use of the clips.
Speaker 4: But I agree with you the clips.
Speaker 6: I was hoping you would include the clip where he's at that medicinal shop and looking at all the herbs and he's like, oh, yeah, that's good to keep the yang up. And he's like, nothing wrong with my yang.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't. I didn't. I didn't get that one. Another one you're talking. I know this team you're talking about, though.
Speaker 5: No, it's a classic Gatees Murphy, right, it's some classic Gatedes Murphy. But this idea, though, of this machination of this kind of satanic elements cult stuff in Los Angeles with this Tibetan Buddhism stuff, to me just rings the rings back to my you know, uh digging through the thoughts of my brain. Oil here I recall at Sanders Files, you know, the author of the family there, the Manson family, the actual good book on the Manson family contemporary to the actual crimes, not the bogle Oce nonsense. But at Sanders wrote his you know, at the same time as writing writing his book there in the early seventies, and I think it was published in seventy four. But sanders investigation was yielding some results that seemed to indicate there was a imagination of Buddhist ideas, telemic ideas and theosophical ideas I believe, into a into a cold faction that was also a Cali worshiping cold faction out of Japan called the Shing Gong cult, not Chin Gon, but Shin Gone with the s So.
Speaker 2: This totally correlates to what I know of like certain we'll call them, like I guess they would have been like process offshoots or whatever. And so like Michael's what.
Speaker 4: This was supposedly right, the four Pie allegedly was a was this four gone cult?
Speaker 2: That's right. So I mean, I you know, this is the thing is that there was there were in Nepal during this whole postwar period. There have been Collie kind of cults that are like parts Sulima, just like you're saying, they're like parts of Vadriana. They're parts Hindu like Tntra, they're parts like Satanism, their parts process Like it's kind of a weird blend, but it's like taking the most transgressive elements of all of them. So pretty much that's what I kind of understand of them is that they're just like really So Collie in Tntra is related to Saturn, so that would immediately place her in Bana. So if you're looking at the tree as like a ten or eleven spheared structure, she would never go at Keather. She would always go at Bana if you're really understanding what she is. So they're looking at it as like this this this way to like it's kind of like the black cube matrix, Like everybody loves that kind of like thing.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what it is.
Speaker 2: But you're putting yourself in the box, like you're putting yourself in the cube. You're densifying the world around you. And so Nick brought up at the very beginning, like we were talking about Golden Child and like I don't know, he said to Jamatri or something, and he said it was related to Vishnu. So Vishnu is related to Banah and related to Saturn very closely. So there's this relationship that you can sort of in Viishnavism, which is a kind of Hinduism, you pray to Vishnu through Bakhdi. So it's like considered to be like devotional love. You pray so hard that eventually it will liberate you or eject you from the cube or whatever it is, but it will take it supposedly will take you millions of lifetimes. So in a more tonic way, you would never get stuck here. But obviously these people, you know, they're really fixated on Calli, So that would be obviously a big problem from a Buddhist perspective, because you wouldn't just fixate on a deity or their name or you know, their ferocious presentation. Those are just conceptual ideas.
Speaker 4: You're saying.
Speaker 5: This is a unique, more of an extremist view of these situations, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's an annihilationist, very extremist, very very non.
Speaker 4: Keno if you will, non.
Speaker 2: Keno, because it's not about embracing love or like the beauty of Maya, the beauty of the garden, or like you know, connections with other people.
Speaker 5: It's like kind of the tracking gin I'm catching on to this Kino business. I'll get there eventually, but you're.
Speaker 2: You're so the Keno thing is to love the world and like accept it for what it is, and then their view is to like they're kind of Calvinist almost similar way. They're like, we're going to degrade the world. We're going to do all the sin in the world, and we're going to make it like from the Ashes, We're going to remake it. But you don't really get to control the cosmic cycle. That's a more Buddhist view. Obviously, they do believe that they can like influence the cosmic cycle, but I I don't personally believe they can.
Speaker 14: JJ.
Speaker 6: Have you heard of the Thuggy cult that was doing all the Cali worshiping stuff.
Speaker 4: I think you told me about that somebody I thought I did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just covered them. I'm doing a new series on different cults. It's called Into the CULTI Verse, and I covered the Thuggie Cult and they were like Cali worshipers whatever, whatever. But if you really look into it, because like I always say, there's like a five l a burrito the.
Speaker 4: Thuds getting real hungry, dude, I love.
Speaker 6: Taco bell Ship if you look go all the way back into history with the Thuggie cults, they could have possibly been assassins under the employee of the Brahmin family. And I know we just spoke to about the Brahmin family in connection with Tuesday World and the Boston Brahmins, and so.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, there's we're talking Indian Brahmins because that's Kamala Harris's people right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the that's the same Brahmins that I'm talking about. So yeah, there's a level of like Cali worshiping or whatever. But if you really look under the surface, it's all tied up in these weird royal blod line families and stuff. So it's like you said about the Manson thing, it's more than just like the Buglios. Oh they hated cops or whatever the fuck he was trying. It's starting a race war. It's like, no, let's let's really look at this, peel the layers back and look at I think.
Speaker 5: Was they were too much petchuli oil. Oh my gosh, it went mad from the petuli oil. They had mad pelio oil disease.
Speaker 6: They had petuli oil bo stink.
Speaker 2: I like peuli. So I'll send up for it. Oh no, it's all okay. I actually like Betty verbetto, so I'll but no, you're I mean, you're totally right, both of you guys. Like you know, there is there's like deeper connections, Like Vagiana has a lot of connections to some of these obviously exim and other things, and it's kind of like the old ideas that we lived in the Caliyuga. Like bringing up this idea of Collie. It's not directly one to one related to the goddess, but you can use it as an archetypal metaphor. So she's like very destructive. She's destroying the old system kind of, but it's also bringing things in. So her power is really magnetization, but it's the destruction through time. So you can think of it like traveling through space. You're degrading, you're getting older, exactly that same thing, and then you're gonna go to the carnal ground and become a skeleton and you know, like take on a new rebirth eventually. So that's what she's doing. It's kind of like bringing you through the cosmic cycle. So that Julia was talking about these like Brahmin families. A lot of the Brahmin casts, so it's like a birth cast that you're born into. They do believe in this Vishnu figure, so they will outwardly pray to the vish New figure. But there is also a secret idea that you will do shocka Tontra or goddess Tontra secretly at night, even though you pray to this like very orthodox heroic kind of like good guy. You know, he's the hero of the bag Gita. He's like, you know, he's the king of heaven. But at night you're doing something more transgressive, more contric more secret mystery called stuff. So yeah, I think there's a really interesting idea with that. What Julia was saying, it's like kind of always like the ad, there's an inverse and then there's like it depends on how you look at it, Like from what perspective you.
Speaker 4: Mean you got to look at it.
Speaker 6: Mh, both ways, you got to look at it.
Speaker 5: No, I think it's a it's an interesting when I was just looking. We're still up on YouTube there, nick.
Speaker 6: Did they kick us off?
Speaker 4: In case?
Speaker 1: I'll probably pull it down after this, after the life.
Speaker 6: Though, because of the clips those bitches a little one.
Speaker 5: No I said I won't. I was going to if we weren't, but yeah, I'm looking on both of our channels. We're still up yeah, programming there here. But let's uh, it's a good it's a good point to wrap this up. So what may I thank you all for your time this evening. First and foremost, I appreciate y'all joining me to do a and the cold and and or esoteric review of The Golden Child. Obviously I kind of gave the spoiler alert earlier Old Nipsy Dies courtesy of that dagger and uh, and any any closing contents I can pass off to y'all starting starry with you there, Julia, I appreciate your time, ma'am.
Speaker 4: Great conversation, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just have a few closing ideas for the movie, and thanks for inviting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't feel rushed, don't feel rushed at all, but absolutely oh yeah.
Speaker 6: I was just gonna say I noticed that the movie begins with him resurrecting a bird, and then the movie or the movie begins with a resurrection, and it ends with a resurrection because he brings back the moon deity if you will, or the Moon goddess, he brings her back, so it starts and ends with a resurrection. Also, at the end of the movie, he is bringing monarch butterflies back to life, so I don't know if anybody else caught that, but of course, you know the whole monarch thing, so I thought that was pretty significant. And then the house where they're keeping the Golden Child has black and white tile floors, So those were some of the main things at the end of the movie that I thought would be cool to mention for this breakdown.
Speaker 9: But yeah, like I.
Speaker 6: Said, I've been looking for somebody to want to talk about this for a couple of year years now, just because I feel like there's so many litted bits in there that are cool and it's a hilarious movie, and it's for me. I like to cover nostalgic childhood movies that I loved, and this is one of them for sure. I watched it all the time when I was a kid. So thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 5: I feel the same way about the nostalgic movies of my childhood, you know, and this is up there with Goonies for me.
Speaker 6: This one is I love Goonies.
Speaker 4: For sure. Now, thanks again, Nick.
Speaker 5: Do you have any closing statements on the on your review of the film, or any any thoughts or any plugs you'd like to to discuss your h No.
Speaker 1: I mean I was. I was excited we got to do it because I definitely think it's a deeply occulted movie for sure. Uh yeah. I thought this was great. It was great. Everybody had great stuff to say. Uh yeah. Besides that, for me, the one thing that I just do want to push is in which I think we're all probably saying it anyway, I do think there's a cabalistic tale, and you know, there's cobalistic symbolism in this movie for sure. I think you can if you pay attention and look at it with the colors and certain symbols and the male and female characters, I think you'll see it. That's it.
Speaker 4: Nice. Anything coming up on the Occult Rejects, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, let's see. I can tell you a few things that are coming out. Oh yeah, we got to morm of My Mafia coming out on audio Red Heifer this Friday. We got to Marian Deities next week with Gray Pilled and the Coral Castle with Library They Untold coming out soon too.
Speaker 4: Don't don't forget about vampire lady. Yes, yeah, that's the vampire. Yes, she was a nice vampire. She didn't try to eat anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that will drop on audio as well for people who have not heard that yet. That's already been done and I think it's still out on the live so check it out now.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm leaving that up.
Speaker 4: All right. Well, for share your time, sir Jen, for shure your time, sir Any.
Speaker 5: Closing thoughts on the the nineteen eighty six cinematic masterpiece The Golden Child.
Speaker 2: So if you research Ken McLeod, he wrote a new book. I mentioned it right at the beginning Magic of Adriana. He talks about all the stuff that Nick and I just discussed, like a lot. He understands Kabala as well, like or he just he's able to like the system doesn't matter. He just kind of gets he's had the experience, so it doesn't really matter. He's just describing something so every he can. I'm not recommending him necessarily, but if you look into his background, he actually has a really interesting teacher. I'm sure JJ would find it really fascinating, and who was sort of the object of his own perhaps a scandal, will say in the past. But I'm not casting aspersions on anyone. I'm just saying it is kind of interesting. But he is a very interesting teacher, and I think he has some profound things to say. And I think he obviously consulted. I think he taught, like showed them how to use the couplistic ideas, but like make sure it was as much as it is syncretic. I think it keeps too like it's a Vazra film. You could say it like really has that aesthetic, but it also keeps true to a lot of the ideas. So I want to just say thank you so much to JJ, thank you so much to Nick always bringing me on. Nick really appreciate it. And of course Julia, I've we've worked together. I think this is our fourth time, but we've never we spoke a little of this c lest So I will end on this. I told you waning, so waning is more my thinking, whereas like you're trying to like cast the sort of like the bad luck into the past.
Speaker 4: That's why the barber tips.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love these tips. I love these tips.
Speaker 2: So if it's waning, Moon, you cut your hair and then you burn. Like as I said, you can burn it. So that's like casting the old you into the past. Or if you want, like to feel more beautiful, that's a good maybe word to use. You could do it on a waxing moon, because I would like sort of empower you. So it's like either idea. I'm more of a waning person just because I always think like that, but maybe it was good. It's good to consider balance.
Speaker 6: Well, I will say this, and I'm so glad you brought it up again. God bless you because my appointment's tomorrow and it is a waning moon. I uh, over the last year, I've been through a lot, divorced and all kinds of stuff, and so like my ex husband touched this hair, and I want it off my head. I want to cut, I want it gone off of me. I want a new fresh start. So I think the way No, I'm I'm just thinking it's all at least half of it's got to go. It's got to go.
Speaker 5: So I, oh, Julia, pretty frightened, looking like very intimidating, no one want to with you.
Speaker 4: She just got mohawk.
Speaker 6: I could be a ginger mohawk kind of gal. I might I might do that.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 6: We'll see, but I'm gonna go with the waning moon on this one, Jin because I need a new me, a new year.
Speaker 1: Knew me.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that I could rectify that, because I did. I felt bad leaving you on the waiting thing knowing that there was two, but I didn't really think of that at first, so I'm glad I could correct it. So thank you for giving me that, and of course, thank you to JJ for inviting me to do these ocall film reviews. Everybody knows it's my favorite. I love the Agitator podcast as well with J David Osborne, and he's going to come on my show, and you know, they talk about Japanese movies. Obviously, doing cinema reviews is kind of my secret dream as a podcaster, but I'm more of an occultist really, so thank you so much now.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you all. It's one of my favorite films. I'm glad we got a chance to discuss it. Definitely a big fan of the Golden Child, and thanks to all folks of the interwebs for joining us again. JJ Vance not the Vice President host of Operations G c D also co host of Fridays There with Nick from the The Cult Rejects Operations g c D mash up there, So.
Speaker 4: Thanks again everyone, have a good evening.
Speaker 6: Plphical that
Speaker 8: That