Speaker 1: Wow, folks, we're back with Everything is a bitch. Sorry for the long hiatus between the holidays and a thousand other things. AJ and I haven't been able to get together for a u and everything is a bitch, but we are here today. January fifteen, twenty twenty five. Lots of fives, AJ is a good number, bad number? What's a bad number?
Speaker 2: People? A lot of people like fives. Lenny Kravitz, Well, I used to hang out with loves fives. That's his thing. Yeah, of course, but no, I don't like I like even numbers. Not right, I like even numbers. I don't like the five.
Speaker 1: My defensive and new sucks that we drafted way too high bed number five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, not good. I like even numbers. But uh, here we are, bro. It's horrible. I mean, if you were here back, if you were here in La Still, you know, you wouldn't be worried where you used to live with the fires, but uh well.
Speaker 1: It might be worried because I would have got in my car, I would have driven to Pacific Palisades. I would have broken through whatever fucking security ABC World News Tonight has and I'd have tackled that little fucking pussy David murror Or rode his face in the ashes. Yeah, though at sixty two, this is kind of like you fighting the security.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, let's not act like we're weak. I could still throw, but when you throw bear spray in my eyeballs, I can't fight. But I'll go back on that motherfucker on a fair day and we'll we'll hash it out. No, we're not going to do that.
Speaker 1: You're thinking I could take Mirror doesn't. He doesn't. He posts stuff with him doing uh yeah, all kinds of jiu jitsu and shit like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he likes his guns and all that shit. But he's a pussy. He's not a tough guy. Everybody is full of shit, Mike. Social media has made everybody pose and act like they're great and their lives are great, and it's it's all horseshit.
Speaker 1: You know, he's like a hard news Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't want to say that because you always talk, you always talk nice about Ryan Seacrest, and I know you knew him, and I know Ryan and I you know, earlier today we did Our Relationships as a Bitch podcast and we were talking about David Muir with the clothes pins on his yellow slicker for the fires ridiculous. But uh, you know, I know Ryan Seacrest is the kind of host that lets the underlings tie his shoes while he's standing there reading his copy. I was never that kind. Yeah. Yeah, people, you.
Speaker 1: Know Ryan, I knew. I have a hard time.
Speaker 2: No, oh no, it's not I'm not I know. I mean the girls I work with work for Ryan, and they weren't denouncing him, but they, you know, they just said, you know, Ryan just sits there and you tie his shoes, you fix his hair, and look, it comes down to this very basic decency. When I go to the strip club, I don't dump the twenty on the floor. I hand it to the stripper because I'm classy. You don't put money on the floor. You don't have people tie your shoe. It just makes you feel like an asshole. I can't do that to people.
Speaker 1: Yeah no that. Let me tell you something. Back in the day, the guy I knew, and I knew him, you know him really well, and I knew he was a kid. And one thing that truly separated him from you know, he he made the big jump from Atlanta Radio to LA Radio. He's do an afternoon drive on Star ninety eight seven there in LA. That was a hot station at the time, and well I went to that was later when he moved to Kiss, he went on in the mornings with Ellen. But but when he was a twenty six, twenty seven year old afternoon drive jock in LA, you know, for that age, you know, probably making a half a million dollars a year, which time at that age is a lot of money. He hustled his ass off anything. If I needed him to do something with an advertiser, most talent one, anything the freaking do with that unless there's you know, a bunch of money that's guaranteed to them going in there. I mean he did stuff on spec I mean, he he worked it, and he had a he had a commitment to work that. I mean, you knew at that point he was going to have a really good career. And you know, he earned that shot replacing Rick D's in the morning on Kiss and then the syndication and everything before it all took off with American Idol for him on the TV side, So he earned it. I hope it didn't all go to his head to the point where.
Speaker 2: But you know, you know, and Mike, and I give him a lot of credit. I would see Ryan out at night after the tapings of the American Idol. Always a decent guy. But you know, when when Hollywood dictates that you're the king and you're the new person, you're the guy, it can certainly go to your head and make you think you're better than you are. It's uh. And I don't even fault to people that fall down that that rabbit hole because they there's so many people who make you think no, no, no, don't move, we got this, I'll tie you issue Ryan. Stop that happens in La. There are a lot of people who want to cater to the big star and it can get to your It can get to your head. It got to my head. I'm any occasions about wow, okay, you want to do that, you want to I'm getting that kind of money? Oh wow, it can get to your head. And on his level, it's astronomical. My level was, you know, minimal.
Speaker 1: But I understand yeah no, and you would understand better than me. But that's it's I'm sorry to hear that. If that's if that's where it's gone. Because time, there's a lot of humanity there at a young age. So well, what's left to say about what's going on out there? Crazy? So much has been said by everybody from all angles of this thing. Got any got anything fresh? Different?
Speaker 2: Well? You know what I I'm you know, we have our bags packed, like there's something very strange. I know what's happening fifteen miles away? What have you? Or? At times much it's just a disaster. But when you wake up every morning in this town like I did today with the bluest sky ever seen, sunshine, no wind, you can't fathom what's happening ten, twelve, fifteen miles away. So you have this complacency about you, like, well, it's not gonna happen to us. I don't think it will. I don't think it'll get to us. But I'm not sleeping. Well, I'm doing two and a half hours a night. I'm going to bed at ten thirty, waking up at one fifteen. It's it does a number on your on your brain, on your anxiety. You got children, you know my wife, You know I gotta I gotta take care of people. You know you're you're the man. You gotta figure shit out. Where do we go? South? Do we go? To Nevada. Where do we go? It's uh. And by the way, I have a lot of several people who our patrons on Famous a bit, who have offered me their home. You know, you could stay with us. It's just there are some people who during these kind of tragedies who just make wonderful They're just wonderful people. No.
Speaker 1: I look, the Fame family, the folks that they're a part of everything since the very beginning, are just they're tremendous folks. Who I mean, it's it's it's family. I mean, it's inte.
Speaker 2: Catherine Stewart gave so much money to the people down in North Carolina after Helene and the other I mean Kathy Troupe rescuing horses everywhere, and you saw videos of horses being walked down the street. It looked like Armageddon. It was one o'clock in the afternoon. The sky was black. The embers are flying around the horses heads. There are people rescuing pigs, snakes, there are down there are donkeys and you know the area at Pete Go and robertson Mike. Just imagine how far these donkeys had to travel to go down that that far south it's it's like nothing I've ever seen. All the people in my apartment building were all talking and we text each other at night. What do you think? What do you think? You know, we're staying put, But it sits with the winds today and maybe tomorrow it could get hairy, but I just don't think it will.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I've been I've been watching the the k t l A feed there for days, uh and uh, you know, I was watching local New Orleans TV coverage of uh everything posts, the terrorist act on New Year's Eve, and even in just the last couple of years, the the quality of local news reporting has just I mean it. I mean it's a it's a steady, a couple of decade long decline, as as revenues have declined and the operators have sought to operate, uh, you know, more and more and more efficiently, and the threat from uh from digital sources of news and entertainment of have fractured that business. But it's uh, you know, it's it's it's hanging by a thread. I mean some of these reports, I didn't recognize half of the reporters in just three years of of being gone. I mean, obviously they had a tragedy at that station, and yeah, but you know it's not it's not even what it was three years ago. And the know New Orleans local station trying to cover a tragedy of that magnitude the morning after. I mean, it was it was beyond. It was amateur our Times ten. It's it's it's it's frightening.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We talk about and everybody's talked about the competence of government officials there in California because of everything surrounding this catastrophe. But you know, it's competence in general around a lot of industries, a lot of institutions. It's just there's a if it's possible. You know, competence has lost its place in the equation. You know, our teachers, our the fire department in LA, the quality of our local news, the.
Speaker 2: Oops, New York, everywhere, everywhere, what the f well, I know, it's listen, I'm happy that in one week we got Donald Trump coming back. And you can feel everybody, not just conservatives but also people on the fence, liberals, they they they're all kind of feeling like, all right, I know he said some bad shit about him, but you know, maybe he can change things. There's a new feeling emerging. He's not being put down like he used to be. They're recognizing as his second turn. And by the way, he's not the same man as he was back in the first term. He's different. He's calmer, he's softer. He's still very diligent about what he wants to do. But I think that's one of the things that America needs. Ronald Reagan was very good at throwing a blanket on problems and making everybody feel like we're going to it through this. And Trump, as much as people think he's the opposite of that and he's a rapist and this and convicted felon, he's gonna throw a blanket on things and fix things and in the coming weeks we're gonna feel better.
Speaker 1: Well. Look, I I give some credit to to him, but I give even more credit to his co president because ah, because I mean, Elon is everywhere. Yeah, and uh, you know, were it not for Elon, I doubt very much Trump would be the president elect. And and the guy just I don't know how he does it, how he finds the time in the day with all the responsibilities he's got to do the things he's got but you know, uh, there's there's Internet thanks to thanks to there's a guy who makes a decision on the on the fly that a bunch of people are gonna have to wait a little while on the delivery of their cyber truck because he's going to deploy a bunch of them to the area and deliver deliver Wi Fi service too. But that's the the kind of okay, that's the epitome of the word competence, exactly, a common sense competence. And you know, no one back in twenty sixteen would have I would not have said common sense is a strength of Trumps, you know, I would maybe it's street sense right right, the streets smarts whatever. Yeah, but but I think with with a better cast around him. Yeah, you know, this party or with this party is evolving too, which I've always been an outside, always an independent, not part of the of the party. If they truly bring it to the common sense party, I'm on board for that. And a lot of people who who are lukewarm on Trump stylistically, I didn't get very excited about the thought of bringing common sense back to our policies. And but look, one big tell will be you know, we're recording three o'clock Eastern time on Tuesday. I don't know what's happened. I know that that Pete Hegseth was going in front of the Gauntlet this morning at nine p thirty. I've seen a couple of clips on on X so I saw him, you know, getting a hard time from the Jillibrands and the Reids and a couple of other people. It looked like he was handling himself very well. But that'll be That's an important tell. These these appointments are really important tells for Trump because they're all dependent on the Republicans sticking together. Yeah, you know, one hundred and that's been a that's been an elusive thing. So we'll see what happens here.
Speaker 2: Well, I think this the second term of Trump's, has happened at a very opportune time for all of us in America. We see how I mean, I don't care what faction you're with, you can just see that states are just falling apart. The rules, the laws are bullshit. There's money being sent over to Ukraine to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars, and we still have people in North Carolina since the hurricanes that don't have help, and now God knows what's going to happen out here in California of people who need help. I think Americans in general are just they've had it, and I'm seeing it in the podcast I listen to, whether it's you know and most of the comics and actors who do podcasts or liberals, But when you got guys like Dak Shepherd and I'll even say Bill Maher, the SmartLess Crew, Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, and Will Arnett, they're all kind of saying, well, let's see what he's gonna do. Let's see what he can do, when a few weeks months ago it was he's the worst he's hitler. Now even Rob Emanuel has talked about well, Jeff Bezos, I'm excited to see what Trump's gonna do. You know, the nation has turned their eyes to see can you help us? Because we all know we're not the America was supposed to be. We're an embarrassment right now.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree with you. I think I think people are silently, for the most part, hopeful. I think it's universally recognized, even by those who strongly deny it. The sixteen percent or so who declared his presidency a success. I think it's universal what a complete disaster Biden has been in the last four years have been. And really it's not Biden, because they all knew that the guy was not capable of doing the job when they put him up to run for the freaking thing in the first place. And it's whatever the cabal that surrounded him to create this slated decisions and policies and everything that's happened the last four years, many of which I think are fresh out of universities' that's been a disaster. And people, you know, anybody but the very far left, or everybody but the very far left recognizes it's it's been a disaster. And so yeah, I think I think this administration will be given a shot by a lot more people than they might have thought would give him a would give him a fair shot, And I think surrounded by better, more competent, common sense people having the ability to communicate to the to the country honestly and not be censored at every turn. And you know that's why I say, I mean the US MVP for twenty twenty four and probably a couple of years before that, is Elon Musk because he made the forty four billion dollar decision to protect what had been our way of life here in America for two hundred and forty eight years. And uh, and everybody owes that guy, even those that refused to realize what they owe that guy. It's huge. And now you've got you know, so you know, you got self interest aligning now, and you've got Bezos, and you got and Zuckerberg, you know, kissing the ring and and and you know, promising to open up certain things and and look, that's great. And if Facebook operates on a similar set of Facebook and Instagram operate on a similar set of rules as as X does. And something comes out of this stuff with TikTok, whether it's a sale to a US entity, if TikTok operates.
Speaker 2: They missed the one full miss It could be could be a lot of people. Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But if if that happens, I mean that's because look, let's face it, that's that the election proved it. That's the news media exactly.
Speaker 2: And uh and no one, no one tunes into six pm network news. No one gives a ship about that anymore.
Speaker 1: That's been exposed. It's all been exposed exactly. And that's not and look that's the that's the I'd say, all but one of the Sunday morning shows exposed sixty minutes.
Speaker 2: Late night TV, late walk shows. It's all. They've all been exposed, man.
Speaker 1: All been exposed. Uh and and so we're what did what do people expect? What happened?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know what, you know what it's like. You know what it's like. It's like when you're a tough guy. And I always bring it down the street terms because that, to me is life when you're a tough guy, and maybe some people will talking shit about you. And I don't know if you remember he wasn't in your neighborhood, but in my neighborhood, Joela Terra was okay. Joe was an animal, and you know you maybe in private said shit about him like he's an assol. He stole so so okay. But then what happens is eventually when they come to power, you've got to go, oh, you've got to do what all the people now are doing. You got to act like, hey, no, I always thought that you were given the chance, you'd be great. Trump knows this. Trump understands that these people are quivering and they need his help and they don't want to be put on the enemy's list. But here's what's missing, and you can't do it because it's just not the way society works. When people like Zuckerberg and all these other people who I mean Zuckerberg spent four hundred million dollars for Biden and god knows what else they did with their platform. In street terms, you meet that guy and go, hey, motherfucker, I guess you're probably pissed off or very upset that you did that now that I won, So it's gonna be a different town. Now, Okay, if I were you, I wouldn't act the way you used to act because it's going to be very detrimental to your fucking health and I know where you live. That's essentially with people like Zuckerberg and all these guys need to hear but they've already heard it without Trump saying it. They know they've got to simmer down and just be like, you know what, you know, Joe Biden is going down. Public polls show as one of the worst presidents of all time, regardless of what he says in his demented mind. And now these people these very wealthy people are understand you know, it might not be the worst thing to give Trump a chance, which is what we said all the time. So I'm happy about that.
Speaker 1: And well, I think, you know, look, I think Zuckerberg's natural inclination is the direction he's now going in because it's the most profitable direction for his company. And I think it was actually.
Speaker 2: Business decision.
Speaker 1: It was actually him being muscled into the decisions that have been made over the last few years, and now it's to where he actually can do what he wants to do. He's going to look like a puss no matter what publicly, but you know, and I was watching Tucker Carlson interviewed Billy Bush last week and it and I know Billy a little bit, and it was fascinating to me because it I think if NBC, well, I know what NBC, We all know what NBC wanted to do, but they fucked it up, and thank goodness, they fucked it up. But if their strategy had been just a little bit different, I mean, think about this. As part of what they were talking about is the Access Hollywood tape was recorded in two thousand and five. That's when Trump said those things to Billy Bush in a green room practice Holloway right, two thousand and five.
Speaker 2: And a bus not a green room bus.
Speaker 1: NBC owned that content. They had it, They knew they had it. They had it and sat on it for eleven years instead of Number one coming out with it them. Yeah, they get it in the ends of the Washington Post and they have the Washington Post do their dirty work. But they waited too long. If they would have done that during the Republican primaries in twenty sixteen, before Trump had any separation from the field, yeah, it probably it probably clips Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Mike NBC, what show was their number one show?
Speaker 1: No, I know that, I know that, but not but it was off the air? By that, I mean what you were did? Did the Apprentice go off the air?
Speaker 2: I don't I don't remember the year. I don't even know. I can't even think about that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's a good it's a good point, though. We should look that up and see. Okay, but I mean that that wasn't like a spontaneous I mean that was a that was a planned maneuver. I don't know how much in advance, but you know it was a planned maneuver.
Speaker 2: Uh, it was on the air from twenty two thousand and four to twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: It's a long cost, so one year, one year into his so it must have been filmed, Yeah, before the last season, film before he entered the.
Speaker 2: Way because it was a big hit and they wanted to get Trump and on tape blah blah blah, and uh, what could they have done? That was the he was the goose with the golden egg with that show. They're not going to put that tape out because that.
Speaker 1: Well, but they they did because they Yeah, because I don't know, I don't know. The other day to look at is when did the show canceled? Because if they didn't cancel it until after they put the tape into the Washington Post hands, who the heck know? The point, the point I was trying to make is that what occurred to me was that we might not have Trump, the country might not have Trump had they gotten that regardless of what their motivation was, I had that tape gotten into the mainstream a few months earlier, during the primaries rather than closer to the election. So anyway, I thought that was.
Speaker 2: I take great I take great pride in the fact that I knew Trump's battling fighting habits and practices before anybody knew. Before he called Rosie o'donald a pig. I was the guy he publicly publicly called a loser on the Howard Stern Show in two thousand. I'm twenty five years into this thing, so everybody after me. I was the first. But I told everybody, you have no idea how this guy fights. You have no idea how he keeps coming. He is relentless. And here we are a quarter century later, and I'm one thousand percent right if he went, and then you know, and I we broke bread apologized, and I wrote letters, and we met and we talked, and I came away. Look, I know the guy's a fucking narcissist, egotistical. Of course he is. But there is a side of Trump, not a site, three sides of Trump that make him a really good man, a man you'd want with you in an emergency, in a disaster, in a time of crisis, or just wanting information. He's smart, he's.
Speaker 1: Helpful, he pas.
Speaker 2: Exactly. He's the Bill Belichick of politicians. He loves wartime generals, all you know. Vince Lombardy he comes from a different cloth that these younger guys don't. Now.
Speaker 1: Look, I the guy has, uh you know, has earned my support. I don't. I don't love his personal but you know you many times I know both flies by your freaking ear and your first instinct is to get up and yell fight fight. I mean you win, dude, I mean you you win. So ah, so I agree, And now he's surrounded himself or attempting to surround himself. But at least, you know, I don't know who first said it, but I was. I know it's the first to say MVP. I'm pretty sure I was the first to say MVP, but maybe not the first to say co president. But but you know, Elon is a big there's no doubt pardon the pun X factor for him now and and moving forward, and Trump just can't fuck that up.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you something right now is what makes me nervous. And I got the spidy sense and the intuition to prove it. This is gonna be a problem. It already is with Steve Bannen wanting Trump, wanting Elon to get out of the country, and he doesn't like the fact that he's South African with the HPVSUS and all that ship. There's gonna be a problem that's gonna arise soon where Elon musk As as the richest man and so profoundly intelligent, isna gonna come a point where Trump is gonna have to tell him, you know, I'm the fucking president, right, let's not get this twisted. And there's gonna be a problem. There's gonna be an issue, and I hope they can sort it out.
Speaker 1: Well. They're both gonna have to be smart enough to recognize that they're co presidents. Like I said, Trump, Trump would be an absolute fucking moron to lose, to let something get in the way of.
Speaker 2: He's living in mar Alago. He's living there. I mean, I don't know wherever the fuck he wants, but he's in mar Alago. He's living there. It's it's like, it's it's it's so crazy, dude.
Speaker 1: At this point, with her permission, Trump should be offering up uh millennia and you know, and uh, maybe he's daughters in laws, because that's how much the guy has meant to all of this. So you know, I'm given the verbal hummer to el On the whole episode. But but without him, Trump was ft and.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe he can he can have sex with Trump's pretty lawyer. I like her that that could be maybe.
Speaker 1: The The other thing that I think is h I means it's getting I think better understood, and and uh and and more play now. But uh uh Dvance is such a great choice. Yeah, you talk about like a lot of the people you were talking about saying that you know, they're giving Trump a chance and everything like that. It's much easier to feel okay in your gut about giving him a chance when you know that if if you had a twenty fifth amendment, somebody that JD. Vance is the one sitting there, not Kamala Harris. I mean, so he made a really choice at the time that was probably not a smart choice and an overplaying of his hand given everything that happened immediately post convention. But I'm really glad they made that mistake because sure it wasn't a mistake. It's got a we get a guy who ought to be a two term president of the United States at at a pretty young age and is another buffer to bad Trump. So you know, and and Advance and and again some of they if they go through you, you got some protections against bad Trump and people that will actually help keep him as in check as uh, you know, protect him from himself as much as uh as he can be protected and and so hey, well we'll see.
Speaker 2: But what do you think about Michelle Obama not going to Carter's funeral, not going to Trump's inauguration? This bitch? What a I can't believe what she's like.
Speaker 1: Man, he's on vacation.
Speaker 2: Come on, I know it's scheduling in conflict. You know what, there's trouble in paradise. Michelle and Barack are not on the same page.
Speaker 1: A while as us. So many AI fakes of what the conversation supposedly was between between Trump and I know it's all funy, but what was it really? Anybody? What was it?
Speaker 2: I loved seeing Barack laugh and Trump talking that man, and then to see Kamala turn around and get all that was a great moment, man. And you look at all the people around him who he's just the dynasties. He's defeated. It was magic. I loved it. But I love to hear that conversation. Man.
Speaker 1: No, the divisiveness, so you you see it all in that it's all told in in a short video one one. You've got you've got doctor Jill who won't freaking look at the woman. Then you have her looks to Obama. You got Obama laughing at whatever. I mean, sorry, Trump could have I mean, who the fuck knows. I hope Trump will tell us at some point. Uh, but it's all it's all there on on display, and you know that's what that's what happens when Okay, there's a bizarre story to relate to all of this. But so my first wife was entered a lot of beauty pageants. A met her down south, and her mother still alive to this day as far as I know, uh, domineering presence in her life and basically, ah, even into her thirties when we were still married, still depended on her mother to do everything for her. It was crazy, but her her mother. Uh So she enters the Maid of Cotton pageant, which is a which is the pageant to decide who's going to be the Queen of the Cotton Bowl.
Speaker 2: Okay, it sounds sounds racist.
Speaker 1: No, but it's for the Cotton Bowl. So this is in doubts. So but you know, they to do this thing. You've got to win your so she she has to win preliminary, a regional something. So she wins something in Tennessee or a region in Tennessee to where she is now one of whatever, like twenty five or maybe as many as fifty semi finalist whatever that go to Dallas, right and uh, and she says, you know, I really I really want you to come and be there, and blah blah blah. And I say, okay, look, I gotta work. I can't. I'll come on Friday.
Speaker 2: And I have a career. I've got a career, got.
Speaker 1: But boy, so I get there. I get there on the Friday morning, and I guess she's she's made it through one first part of the competition. That's whittled it down to like half of the number that it started.
Speaker 2: There's no swim suit competitions in these.
Speaker 1: I don't remember everything that they're there was she she would have done very well.
Speaker 2: She's she's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Uh, this is my first wife. We're talking.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, not not not g A.
Speaker 1: G A would have done very well too. But the so so the thing that uh that they do on the Friday, So I get to take a morning or a really early morning flight, and I'm there by the time this thing gets started at like ten o'clock in the morning, and there's some you know, local Dallas TV morning show thing that is that is the panel. The people from that show are asking the questions of the contestants, right and uh and right when I get there, I see for the first time sort of the resume on Lisa, my ex wife on you know who she is? Right, and this is the woman described in this resume was not the It was not it was she. She wasn't yet my wife at that point. We were we were, we were dating, but but she wasn't who would become, right, my wife? And a couple of things caught my caught my eye on it woman was that she had won the Tennessee State Science Fair as as a as a either I think it was a June, as a junior in high school. She won the Tennessee State Science Fair. Now, her mother is a chemistry professor. Lisa wouldn't have known eighty percent of the elements on a periodic table, right, So so okay, so mama's obvious spruced up her daughter's resume for this thing, right and well, I guess she didn't spruce up the resume, because, as I would find out, she actually least actually did win the Tennessee State Science Fair because of a project that was one hundred percent done by her chemistry professor mother and submitted on her behalf.
Speaker 3: Right right right, So you know, she it's her turn, and they and I'm there and I'm sitting between her sister and her mother in the in this auditorium at the Los Anatole in Dallas.
Speaker 1: And the the question gets a couple of softballs get thrown out there and she handles them well. And then the question gets asked, we see that you won the Tennessee State Science Fair in nineteen eighty two, can you or nineteen eighty whatever, can you tell us about your project? And she says, well, it was it was this dental thing that was all about dentistry. Oh well, I mean that's that's good, very close to what her answer was. And if they would have had real time electronic scoring at the time, you know, you would have seen them want you would have seen the disaster. Instead, the disaster played out where you know, they announced who makes it to the next level. She doesn't make it to the next level. And then and Mama are fighting in the hallway of the hotel. Ten minutes later on, I told you to put that damn thing in my risk? Well what else was I supposed to put whatever accomplishments to you? And I'm sting, okay, so and then hole did I walk down the aisle but it said whatever. I need a lot of time in Arena's chair for for that one. But name why did I go to that?
Speaker 2: I forget where we were, but we were talking about beauty and oh my god, I'm lost too. We went way too far off course. It was about.
Speaker 1: Please give give a rating and review to this episode.
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Something triggered me towards people doing for you and what the what the cost is?
Speaker 2: Hell Obama?
Speaker 1: What the cost is of somebody doing every Oh Biden, Joe Biden? Whatever the That's the penalty you pay when you do nothing for yourself and it's all done by by other people. As you you know, it's fraud. You can't represent your yourself as having achieved those things. But I'm sorry that didn't you got a halfway funny stories in my former life.
Speaker 2: By the way, the morning after I do my podcast, I get people writing me, ye know, direct messages saying oh that bit about such and shuts, and I go, what did I say? Well, you, I don't know what I even said. You know, I don't you know, it's stream of conscious sometimes and after remind me, oh yeah, I said that right, right right. The beauty pageants situation. Again, I don't know why we're here, but we're here. Remember the Chip from South Carolina who just did.
Speaker 1: This was this was not the Iraq.
Speaker 2: The Iraq almost.
Speaker 1: Almost on that level. I didn't Maybe I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: This is pretty I'm almost there, okay, Right, So we're talking about like when you're with somebody you know is just not right, Like you you witness something you know you should probably walk away from. That's I think that's where we were. I think I know the feeling. I know the feeling because you can't you can't talk to people who just have a different idea about themselves and just don't understand. I think we were talking about stupidity and people saying things that just don't make any sense when the when the camera's on them or what have you. I don't know, I don't know either way. Los Angeles is burning and it's two towns away from me, and uh, I don't know what to do. I'm not going anywhere. I can't.
Speaker 1: What am I gonna do? Now, dude? They I mean noon tomorrow is when they say, uh, this thing's gonna sit down a little bit.
Speaker 2: And yeah, they got I got earthquake notifications. They said, this can be the biggest earthquake in fifty years that came across our phone that didn't happen. This with people don't understand and there's so many things happening when you live here that.
Speaker 1: They put in a in a warning that the worst earthquake in fifty years could.
Speaker 4: Get Here's here's what I got. Okay, here's what I got. Uh here it is, It says, okay, come on, uh where is it? God damn it?
Speaker 2: Earthquake watch longer than usual, basically without reading the whole article. It was be careful in the next thirty hours. This could be the worst earthquake California has ever gotten. And you just go, Okay, it's ten thirty. I'm going about to go to bed. People are burning down and now maybe an earthquake. I don't know what else you want to tell me. There's aliens in the sky drones everywhere is crimed.
Speaker 1: Why why hasn't that made new? I haven't seen that on the news everywhere.
Speaker 2: The girl, the girl who lives above me, sent me this at night because we've been talking. I meet it, let me see, I'll find it. Yeah, it was a it's a horrible here here we go. Let me see here it is here it is earthquake prediction. This is on Saturday fifty hour warning. Major earthquake is likely in southern California, most likely in Los Angeles, off in Turre County during the next fifty hours January twelfth and January thirteenth.
Speaker 1: Dude, that happened? That that had to come from some the website.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to make it. I'm trying to enlarge it at one and large. No, it's not a reputable, you know, news site. But it Okay.
Speaker 1: I thought when you first said it, I thought you meant you got an alert from Verizon.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, there was a story. It was a story there. Look, there are people out there right now who are confusing the fires. There's a girl who said an independent journalist be careful, who said Alex Trippek's house has been demolished. Alex Trebek is dead and they tore his house down to build more homes in that area. So you gotta be to she was honest, but yeah, but it was it wasn't burned down. You gotta just take the news from people you respect.
Speaker 1: And listen technically see from from like the liberal news standpoint. You can't fact check her on it because his house, house was destroyed.
Speaker 2: It's gone. She's right, unbelievable, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I'm glad that to know the earthquake thing was probably a farce.
Speaker 2: Let me let me ask you a question. Have you even well you're not around this. I gotta be honest. I didn't watch any college football playoff games and I love that and and I and I was like, I will say I was four and zero in the NFL wildcard games, even the Washington Commanders. I had uh minus two and a half. But it's taking me away from the normal, the normalcy of what we do every day. Last night was Rock Gill's birthday, made some dinner for the family, and you know, it just it just pulls you away. How could it not? Oh?
Speaker 1: I mean, I I don't I don't know how you could go on with as much of any of the regular right. And so what I just I still have my my doctor is still in California. I've been gone from those four years and I still use the same doctor in California. And I, as you know, I talked, was talking to him right as we were start uh to record, and uh I could see he was he was home and he's in Pasadena, and he told me they doing it for two days. Uh and he's back in now uh and everything. But but it's you know, it's disrupted. I mean, how could it not. I mean it's it's, uh, what are these hundred and twenty five thousand people more?
Speaker 2: I think more displaced? Right, what are they? Yeah? But I think it's more what are they going? Look it? Put yourself in the isshoes? What do you do? Mike? Your house on the palace aage is gone. You're staying at a hotel and now, okay, what do you do next to even think of rebuilding?
Speaker 1: It all depends on what my financial position is exactly. I mean, if you're because everybody has this picture of you know, these five, ten, fifteen, twenty million dollar homes and that everybody's rich there but but you know, some people, a good portion of the people, especially the older end of the people there, are house rich, and so their greatest wealth was tied to the equity in their homes. And if they're unfortunate enough to be one of the families that was dropped by their insurance company in November, now you're talking about a really left up, desperate situation because what happens now, And I know it's going on already because I've gotten a number of phone calls about this. There are people already going in prospecting, low balling, offering to buy plots of land, and some people are going to feel desperate enough to sell that plot of land their home worth four million dollars was on for six or seven hundred thousand dollars because they have nothing else, and then they're just gonna get the f out of there, go to the desert or where else, you know. But I mean, if you if you are, if you are in the fifty plus age group, there, the majority of the rest of your life is likely to be spent in quote unquote rebuilding phase if you try to stay, because even even if you could rebuild faster, you got infrastructure that has to you. You've got no You've got no schools, you got no stores, you got no I mean, you've got nothing around you, the whole thing. And and this time people are going to be hesitant.
Speaker 2: Bro, do you live in Pacific Palace age. You've got to drive to Culver City to get food. And by the way, people talk talking about looting, Yeah, looting is going on. It's always going to be that way. But the real crime is these people who have properties to rent and they go, yeah, I know. There was a story about a guy who had the means and said, Okay, I'm going to get a house with my family, was seventeen thousand dollars a month to rent. As he's finalizing the details, this landlord says, now it's thirty thousand a month taking to leave it. You want to choke somebody to death when you hear something like that, I mean, that's just yeah.
Speaker 1: No, they're kind of price gouging and opportunism I mean happening over I'm not Look, I'm not surprised. It's the same thing as the people they are looking to prospect and buy a balanche. Look, that's capitalism though, too, because I know, because that may end up being the best option those people have selling their land for three quarters of a million dollars, and as horrible as that sounds versus what was on paper worth four million dollars a week ago, a week and a half ago, that it's better than nothing. And if they if they stay there, they may very well be looking at nothing. And you have to find an alternative place to stay. And if you're older, you're on some kind of fixed income, or maybe you have a verse mortgage or whatever.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's it's so it's not the it's always the eighty twenty rule, right, it's you know, the we're going to hear about the twenty percent of the households that controlled eighty percent of the wealth and in the Palasades, but you're not going to hear about the eighty percent of the households and only had twenty percent of the wealth.
Speaker 1: And those are the people that are that are faced with really difficult life decis. They're retired, they're.
Speaker 2: They're retired nurses, they're they're they're and I told you earlier. These are people, especially in the town of Altadena, which is traditionally a city where people who work in Hollywood behind the scenes live and they make a good living. But they're not movie stars. They're not going to get a twelve million dollar job next month for a script. These are people who make a decent living five six hundred, three hundred thousand, four hundred thousand a year. They're comfortable, and they got nothing. Now it's just awful, man, awful.
Speaker 1: Look, it's it's uh when I look around, you know, there's it's such a different world right now. It's a moonscape, it's not a landscape. But but economically, the a fraction of the money available in Hollywood now that there used to be in Hollywood, and after this it's going to be even worse. And so as as Hollywood deflats, the talent agencies, the writers, the I mean, everything that circles that business defleats, and then you know, what does that city have left after after that's gone? Right now, it's yeah, I mean I don't I don't know. And that's just you know what what everything is. Everything is changing at such a rapid pace. You know, it used to be when I was in the radio business in the eighties and nineties that you know, a single radio station was you know, live in the morning and live in the afternoon, and live in the middle of the day, and probably live at night. And and you know, now we're on the verge of AI, just running radio stations everywhere and no one having an idea that that's even what's happening and where you might have had, I don't know, just throw out a number, let's say eighty employees at Z one hundred and or nineteen ninety five. Maybe you're gonna have eight, I know, I mean, it's there, well there. I mean, technology has changed everything so massively that if you take a hit like this at age fifty in the Palisades right now, your skills are so antiquated, right for forget being able to move to a different industry than the one you're in, to move back into the industry that you that you existed in, you came from for thirty years. It's impossible to do that because it's a it's a different industry than the one you knew.
Speaker 5: Or I.
Speaker 2: Can't even fathom the idea of what I'd be doing if not for the podcast industry for the last eight seven and a half eight years. Right now, it seems like even with all the disasters and the shit going on, that we can still operate. We can still and I think a lot of people are listening to us more than ever because of what we do and what we bring, you know, honesty and and just not the kind of news that's formulated in the newsroom and sent out. But god damn it, if suddenly I had to go back into some kind of workforce, I don't even know what the fucking would be. I can't go back to journalism. I'm not stepping foot in the newsroom television. I'm sixty two. They're not going to put me on air. It is so scary. And on top of that, if I lost all my shit, no, I can't imagine. I can't imagine it.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's a horrible, horrible situation, especially, you know, for those folks who are in that kind of an economic situation or of that age. I'm absolutely getting abused by this dog. She's just jumping up and biting me on her.
Speaker 2: I love it. I remember when I was younger, there was an earthquake or something and Johnny Carson on his show had mentioned, because he lived in Malibu, that all the animals, all the animals leave the forest or the woods and they go down to the beach and you'd see you know, you'll see deer with mountain lions and rabbits and they don't care. They just all want to stay alive. And the scene that look at her, look at that, Oh what a good it's the best. It makes me jealous. I can't wait to see to see at the end of this month, I'm going to Vegas to finish poker.
Speaker 1: I'm just getting freaking lapped up. This dog's tongue is like, look at that fucking tongue. It's it's Gene Simmons, Jean Simmons in a female dog.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 1: She can't even when she closes her mouth, the tongue does. The tongue remains exposed when she closes her mouth. The freaking tongue is.
Speaker 2: I know, mysies mothers like that. It just stays out of her mouth. I know, God bless them these dogs. If on top of everything else, I don't have my dog with me. I just miss my little pal so badly. The girlfriend comes and goes, but that little pal man, I need her back.
Speaker 1: To see that video of the guys who goes back. I guess it was two nights that he hadn't been able to find his dog, and the dog had been living amongst the rubble and racing down the driveway.
Speaker 2: I mean, and you know, I'll tell you something. You want to respite from all this bullshit and nonsense and harm and scary stuff going on. I don't know what your algorithm is on Instagram, but I have a lot of animal stuff. I can't believe the animal world and how much they love each other and how much they all want to be loved by humans. I'm talking mountain lions, tigers, porcupines, ostriches. You take him in there. I can't have turkeys or pets. Now ducks sleep with dogs. It's you want to feel better, So look at that shit. You'll feel like there's a human kind that we're We're gonna be okay because.
Speaker 1: Our feeds are similar. I get all the I get all the same ship. My wife and are constantly trading each other. I love stuff that pops up with well. Speaking of speaking of of animals, so my is that Raleigh. This is banded.
Speaker 2: It's banded.
Speaker 1: So my well, my sons were still here before they they went back. My my wife says, okay, before you leave, you know we're gonna do something as a family together. Let's go. Let's go do this. Yeah, these glass bottom kayaks together and uh you we're gonna see tons of turtles and manatees and all of this, all of this stuff and glass Like we're like watching a football game. While she's doing that, We're like, okay, yeah, yeah, whatever, sign we'll do, we'll do it. So you know, comes the morning to go over to do this, and you know, I look outside and the trees are the you know, the wind is freaking howling, and I'm like, honey, we're still gonna go and kayaks in this in this wind. She calls the play. Yes, they're open and they The area we're going to be in is a is protected cove area and it shields it from the wind. Okay, all right, all right, we're in. We're gonna go over there, no no problem whatever, We're there. So we all get over there and we're like three. It's like, uh, you know, grumpy old man in the back of the the way there and nobody wants to to be there, but we've all told her we'll do it. So we're yeah, we're all we're all in it. And okay, so first of all, the imaginary co that protects you from the wind. Uh. We kayaking into a gale wind and you know waters that I don't even know how they get rough because they're about two feet deep if you were in one kayak or two or two separate kayaks. And uh, but we did this for an hour and a half. I never saw a turtle. I never saw a manatee. The the tour guide was this guy was so full of ship. I mean, this was this was such a complete scam. Yeah, you know, he's for the fifth time he's given me the history of a certain type of mangrove. And I'm like, I'm like, I'm looking at this right now as just exercise. And that's that's all we're doing, is kayaking. I end up being the only one to spot any kind of a fish the entire time. And it's a little freaking mullet like that.
Speaker 2: Way South Fish and Island every day on the bay.
Speaker 1: So anyway, what I was going to segue to from that is that I just saw that five hundred and sixty five manatees died in Florida in twenty twenty four. That's according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission. They do this annual report. Ninety six of those were attributed to boat or jet ski incidents, so a lot of that. The voters don't see them, right, I mean maybe some do see them. I hope voters that don't see them. But the average number of manatee deaths over the last five years was seven hundred and thirty nine a year, so it's actually a twenty five percent or so declined this year. So manatees were killed. But for those of you who are curious, why is it so important to you know? Because manates are are protected you it's illegal to It's illegal to hunt, capture, kill, or harass.
Speaker 2: I don't want to. I've made fun of some manatees and I feel good about it.
Speaker 1: Don't get caught harassing amanite.
Speaker 2: Fat fuck home with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, law enforcement catches you calling a manatee of fat fox. It's it's punishable for up to a year in prison and a fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Fine, what are you went for? I've fuck.
Speaker 1: But but there are good reasons not to harass them. Manates. Are there there herbivores that eat large quantities of sea grasses and freshwater plants? They play important role in controlling plant growth in shallow coastal waters and estuaries, bays, canals, and rivers where they live. They also release nutrients from all those plants that they eat back into those environments, which gives other marine animals a reliable food source. So they are an important part of the ecosystem right here in Florida.
Speaker 2: They got they got a lot of pirates off. They've a lot of pirates fucked manatee, So I mean they served the purpose for a long time.
Speaker 1: I don't see. This is why we should have video clips. In the show.
Speaker 2: Mermaids.
Speaker 1: People thought they were just ugly, ugly.
Speaker 2: Mermaids, fat mermaids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and that would have qualified as harassing one, I think, and you could have you could have gotten in trouble. But you know, as the Florida correspondent for everything is a bitch, I think it's important from time to time to bring little tidbits of Florida news to the to the table because we need to grow our Florida audience.
Speaker 2: So Manate's you know. I and again, I love the manate I never heard of manates until the eighties. I think my ex wife loved him. And I'm like, what the hell are they? And a lot of people, if you read literature, they thought to be mermaids. That's what people thought mermaids were. But there's videos of an orca going to a boat and flapping its fin hard at this boat and it's like, what do you want? And it swims away as the boat follows, And when the boat follows the whale, it stops with a manatee stuck in a net in the ocean, and of course the guy springs into action. He dives in the water, cuts the net off, freeze the manatee. There's fifteen dolphins around him and also manta rayse or not stingrays manna raised and after he does that, the whale looks at him with one eye and like thanks him, flaps his fin flies off, and then the dolphins do a certain around the boat and the man of raysed do this aquatic ballet to thank the human being who freed the manatee. We're all connected, we really are.
Speaker 1: Did this come from the same person who did the earthquake warning?
Speaker 2: I'm telling you you see a moose. A moose was banging cars on a street until the car followed the moose and his little son or daughter was caught in a net and they freedom and the moose came back to the guy's fucking house to thank them. I've seen these videos. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Did he like send like chocolates prior to arriving or well, listen, who's out there netting mooses?
Speaker 2: Do not netting a moose. But there was a the moose was caught in something of fence or some ship. And there's a lot of instances of animals telling mourning newman.
Speaker 1: But from also, I just want to make sure the killer whale goes to the boat. It warns the people, oh, the killer Well they find them trapped in the net. They saved the manatee. Dolphins do a coordinated.
Speaker 2: It was an aquatic ballet with the.
Speaker 1: Aquatic ballets doing aquatic ballet.
Speaker 2: It was beautiful.
Speaker 1: And what there's something else that happens to.
Speaker 2: Well, the fish was free. The manta raised it their ballet and it was like, oh, oh no, I'm forgetting something. Three dolphins went down to the bottom of the sea and brought back gifts. One gave them a big fish, one had a sea cucumber in their mouth. They came to the boat and offered these gifts. Mike, We're all connected, uh you know, just like I am connected to the black security guard at Ralph's. We're all the same somehow, manatees, mooses, elks, we're.
Speaker 1: All part of the show me the video.
Speaker 2: I'll find it. I gotta find it on Instagram.
Speaker 1: You need to put that on the fastbook page so everybody can wait in on the justicity.
Speaker 2: It gives your hope of humanity at a time like this where we really don't know what the hell is going on. There's so many, so much mystery. It's such a sin. What's happening? So anything that looks beautiful, a puppy, a turkey that snuggles with the owner, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I'm with you. You. My wife, My wife is in New York for a few days, and she leaves me with instructions.
Speaker 2: Go out right the dog, her dog, her dog.
Speaker 1: And she says, you have to spend some time each day gazing. That's the word, is the word. She's gazing into Raleigh's pots.
Speaker 2: I know that I'm like the dog.
Speaker 1: Will she's not Will call up to her to her chest level and get to where her head is like right twelve inches away from my wife's right, and they'll just stare into each other's eyes. I know, you know, for minutes at a time. My dad don't could give two ships about me.
Speaker 2: Right, No, no, no staring. She'll come around.
Speaker 1: No, I'm I had to say. I sent my wife to text last night. Hey, I spent like eight minutes doing some gazing.
Speaker 2: With right with Raleigh and you know, yeah, no, it's great, it's great. My girl Andrew the ex girlfriend that she would spend ten minutes kissing both dogs on the net the head, looking at them, telling them how beautiful they are, what good girls they are? Yeah, dogs understand that ship. They really do.
Speaker 1: This one, this one, I mean gazing. I don't know about dog or whatever.
Speaker 2: Kenny's Kenny neath to gaze Actually, I mean, actually.
Speaker 1: We need to we need to send him something. Actually, gotta think about what would be funny to do he needs what This would be an elaborate, practical joke, but.
Speaker 2: For those who don't know, Kenny got not one puppy, but two labordoodles, which are like ten weeks old and already fifty twenty pounds. They're ripping up the lawn and they're playing with each other. You know, he's got to bathe them every two days. He's out of his mind. But he had the good idea to rescue two puppies brothers, which is nice. But now my.
Speaker 1: Neighbor's got a a pack of dogs over there. Yeah, and uh, I should take one of them. Let me take one of them. Put a note on it that says, I've heard that this that you people love dogs and this could be an excellent home for me. My parents can't take care of me anymore. Blah blah blah blah, and just ring his doorbell and then go run and hide while they come to the door to see the dog tied up there? What do you think? What do you think happens of another dog enters that household?
Speaker 2: That would be look, you know, not for nothing. But his mother, Dott he's there, who was in her eighties, and you know she's a little you know, concerned about where she's walking because the dogs are crazy, they're young, bouncing around the house. I hate to say it, they're going to be rehoused.
Speaker 1: And events he went to he went too big, like Dot loves my dogs, so my dogs will just sit on her lap there show beat them under the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they don't remember before and they chopped on her lap.
Speaker 1: They love her, they know her well now and so okay. So but if if Dot can't be with the doc, dot is yeah, basically having to hide in her room all day.
Speaker 2: Oh, not good, not good, It's not good. Right, Kenny went too big. He's got to get a ten pound Pomeranian Brussels shits. So something for Arena that'll be nice on the bed, no problem, that's easy, but not too labradoodles.
Speaker 1: Okay, that does it for this episode of Dogs Are a Bitch or what? And everything is a bit anyway?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Uh? Good chatting buddy, huh catching up? Hanging there be safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will talk to you this week.
Speaker 1: Thank you, folks. How about you know, ah, a friendly rating or a review or sharing with a friend. Promise we're gonna we're gonna get one of these out every week. It's just a little bit difficult the last few.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no problem, that'd be great. All right man, all right, brother, talk to you later.