Speaker 1: Yeah, Rip need advice.
Speaker 2: Who you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running, just as as the can Shooter's gonna help come Man Dix.
Speaker 4: Is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martine, Hi.
Speaker 5: I'm Tom Martino, and I am so happy to be here, so happy to be alive. Thank you, thank you, thank you for joining me in the festivities on the Troubleshooter Show. We have an abbreviated week of sorts, but we'll be broadcasting all week with special programming when we're not here. But between me and Major Mark Major, we're not gonna forsake you at all. We got all kinds of stuff going on, and we have it looks like a full studio. Well, I say, full let me see what peeps we have there. I see Major Mark Major if you're streaming YouTube, but we have this up on video of you care if you don't, and then I think we have that's Fuller, John Fuller, and Hi John, thank you for being here.
Speaker 6: And I see Deputy Bow. Is that Deputy Bow? No, Deputy Dollar and Shopper, Shopper.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry for insulting you and calling you bo, just kidding, So listen, let's get right. I have Deputy d here, of course, Deputy d we're talking about anything on your mind this week, of course, And I want to ask a question, though, have you ever considered interest balance transfers. I've been getting a lot of emails about this, you know, and not because of me. I don't think they're targeting me because I'm in trouble or anything. But they're saying, do you want to transfer your high interest credit cards?
Speaker 7: A lot of that a lot of that time is derived from your balance. They'll pull it credit report on you or a soft call, and they'll see that you have a big balance. You might pay it off every month, right, you carry a big balance, so they'll send you those offers.
Speaker 5: And Mark, you and I both know with our businesses and your individual card of my individual card, we charge the hell out of everything.
Speaker 6: So toward the end of.
Speaker 5: The month, our credit score actually goes down because our use of credit is higher, and then once we pay it off, our credit jumps up and it does a cycle every month.
Speaker 6: Well, in any case, let me get to this.
Speaker 5: So I started looking into, not for me, but the concept of credit transfers. First of all, Mark advertises for CMG Financial, which does some equity loans and I advertise for American Mortgage, which is a great company, and they do the smart equity loan, and I'll be talking to them soon here, and they advertise and encourage that you take a part of your equity and pay off that high interest at not so you can just keep it on your house for thirty years.
Speaker 6: But so you can pay it off quicker.
Speaker 5: Now, balanced transfers, though, are not a bad idea. I happen to look into it, and I found some incredible programs, some balanced transfer programs that really work, and through the show, I would like to go over some of them. Now, I'm not saying you do this instead of an equity loan, but you can. I mean, in other words, in some cases, you can transfer your high interest credit cards over to a credit card that gives you, for example, eighteen months, eighteen fricking months with no interest on those balance transfers. Now on purchases they get, you know, they don't give you much much credit, I mean not much credit.
Speaker 6: They don't give you much of an incentive.
Speaker 5: But what they're hoping to do is that once you transfer your balance, you'll be a regular card customer. But man, can you take advantage of some of them, and I'll be talking about some of them, okay, because they really are. I looked high and low and they are really good deals. But right now I want to go to the phones and again I'll be talking to American Finance about the nitty gritty of their smart equity loan. I want to get right down to it. But right now we're going to talk about a travel issue. This is the travel season for many of us in Colorado.
Speaker 6: Doug and Jill.
Speaker 5: Want to talk to me about Avante. I have no idea what it's about. So why don't you guys start from the beginning and let's hear what's going on Doug and Jill.
Speaker 8: Okay, we booked a trouble for our family. There were four of us total, and it was to leave on May. I believe it was May second, no excuse me, May fourth, and my husband came down with a blood clot in his leg which made it impossible to travel. It would be left to threatening to travel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 8: Not have travelnger instead as on us. We know, but we did get two letters from different doctors, including a hematologist who said that was not a good idea.
Speaker 9: Out for him.
Speaker 5: Okay, I want to I just want to say this, and again I don't mean to shut you down. And as I said, this show is designed to help callers and those listening. But really and truly, Doug and Jill, unless they just wanted to do it out of goodwill, they don't care what happened to you. I mean they don't care. They don't care if you have six doctors, they're not. They don't deny you based on whether or not they believe you. They deny you based on the fact that it wasn't a protected trip. Now, some trips have some built in protections if you cancel by a certain date. So what I want to know is I want to jump to the to the to the conclusion here. I just want to know something. Are they willing to do anything?
Speaker 8: The trip was a little over thirty three thousand dollars there.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, thirty three thousand dollars all prepaid.
Speaker 10: Yes, oh oh.
Speaker 6: You're breaking my heart.
Speaker 5: So of that thirty three of that thirty three thousand, are there individual elements that may be refundable.
Speaker 8: The only thing they are willing to refund is the airfare and how much is that? Well, they want to take four thousand dollars. Excuse me, four hundred dollars per ticket. There were four tickets, and.
Speaker 5: They want who is they?
Speaker 6: Who's going to refund that? Well?
Speaker 8: Avanty? It was paid four through Avanti. It was booked with United and Luftan Luftante. I call them both and they have both.
Speaker 6: Who is Avanti? Who is a Vanty Travel? Hold on there? Go ahead, Deputy Deed, you look them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm on their website right now.
Speaker 2: It looks like a travel agency, like a full service travel agency.
Speaker 5: Okay and okay, So you booked a family. I want people listening to know this because I wanted to ring true. They booked through a Vanty Travel to leave May fourth. Doug came down with a blood clot in his leg. They did not have travel insurance. The cost of the trip thirty three thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, can't you swap out your husband for somebody?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm.
Speaker 6: Wondering by it.
Speaker 5: By the way, Mark Marcus joking, But I'm I'm no.
Speaker 11: I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm not joking at all.
Speaker 5: I mean, okay, because Marcus, really it's really a good idea.
Speaker 6: Would you I'm just saying, would you be allowed to put another person in his place, or.
Speaker 7: As John Fuller just said, or swap out all four, sell the package.
Speaker 5: Or or or just go without him and pay that portion. But go with that. And I'm serious about this. If we had to talk about mitigating damages, these are all pretty uh, I think, useful.
Speaker 2: Good ideas. But we don't know if this trip has already taken place or not. Is this May fourth?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it had taken place, Okay, And I was because this was this footput thing was a new thing to our family. I did not want to leave my tryed. I did not know how he would feel. And plus it was a family trip and family is quick forward here.
Speaker 5: You no, I get all the reasons. I was just trying to mitigate damages. So May fourth has come and gone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how much?
Speaker 5: How much total was ref How much total was refunded?
Speaker 8: About nine nothing has been refunded yet, nine thousand dollars and that was only the airpayer, all the hotels, all the the tours, all the transfer twenty.
Speaker 6: Okay, Doug and Jill.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you something, and again I want you to set yourself apart.
Speaker 6: What do you think they should do?
Speaker 5: Do you think because your husband had a medical condition they should say. You know what, let's cut these people some slack. What are you expecting.
Speaker 6: Insurance?
Speaker 7: By the way, I know you hate the term, but let me play Devil's advocate real quick. I don't care where I book a flight. I don't care where I book a hotel. When I go into my Hilton apps, I have two options. I can cancel up till the day of or whatever money I give them that second I never get back. These are decisions we all make every time you book travel, and I don't care who you book it through.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on, I got to take a break. I want to talk about this, and I want to know what people think should be done. I mean, I know it's easy to say after the fact, well you should have bought insurance. I don't think I've ever bought travel insurance. I don't think I ever.
Speaker 7: Needed It's not but Tom, I'm not saying by insurance. I'm saying, when you book an air, you get the frontier. You can either pay one hundred bucks or one hundred and eighty bucks, but you can cancel and rebook at any time.
Speaker 5: Okay, more more on this, More on this. What would you do?
Speaker 6: What do you.
Speaker 5: Expect on this travel package. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your trouble maker for some people, troubleshooter for others. This hour brought to bywaterpros dot net. The best water systems at the lowest price is bar none.
Speaker 6: We've talked about that. Thirty nine ninety five.
Speaker 5: Get all the crap that forever chemicals out of your water and then get drinking water. You know, it's thirty nine ninety five for the whole house system, just twelve hundred dollars for reverse osmosis.
Speaker 6: If you want to get just that. Hey, what do we do about this? What do we do? Hey? Mark?
Speaker 5: Would you expect and John Fuller and anyone in the studio, would you expect them to do anything?
Speaker 6: What would you expect them.
Speaker 7: To I'm going to go back to what I said last time. If people want those cheap fares, if they were to refund those non refundable fares all the time, the rest of us wouldn't be able to buy cheap fares.
Speaker 6: They would disappear.
Speaker 5: But so so you're saying they don't really they're not own anything and shouldn't expect anything.
Speaker 7: And if they traveled with these people and used them all the time, this Avante company, I would say they should do something, But I mean that's up to Avante.
Speaker 13: I think it comes down to, you know, the time frames. If if the company had eight months to resell the spot and they could get them sold to somebody else, maybe, but if it's you know, like a monthday before somebody or they had no opportunity to get rid of it.
Speaker 5: You know what. I never thought of that, John, You know, so Doug, let me ask Doug and Jill when was the trip booked?
Speaker 6: When did you actually book it?
Speaker 10: Paid for us?
Speaker 8: I think in March actually, and.
Speaker 5: Then okay, okay, so in March for May. So in March when you did it? How long after did you cancel? Did you want to cancel?
Speaker 8: It was it wasn't that long before the trip began, because that's when we got the information about the blood clotch.
Speaker 5: So we were when when did you when did you when did you decide you were not going to go on the trip?
Speaker 10: Just give me that day before thirtieth. No, no, it was not that much time.
Speaker 11: You know what.
Speaker 5: You can't blame them, you really can. I mean, it was like four days.
Speaker 7: Before it would be worth call to the hotel to see if they credit Avante because of Avante got some of their money back.
Speaker 6: You might have an argument. Yeah, you think about that.
Speaker 13: You're trying to get together some you know, some tickets of you know, of re Where are they at? Generally speaking, this is what travel insurance is for, you know, it really is.
Speaker 5: You know, I hate giving you guys bad news like this, but I don't think I think here's what I want to know. Any of my deputies recall calling and negotiating stuff like this, ever, and maybe I think it's a dead issue.
Speaker 6: I don't think they would do anything.
Speaker 5: We could make We theoretically could make a courtesy.
Speaker 7: Quite We dealt with this over COVID on the week and not one time, not one time, and that was during COVID people were dying. Did people ever get money back?
Speaker 14: Mark?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there were people with insurance that didn't. The insurance didn't honor it. I remember, don't you remember? Insurance didn't honor COVID. No.
Speaker 7: What the ones that drove me crazy was Hawaii because if you flew there, you would have to stay, like at the airport or at a hotel that was specified for two or three.
Speaker 13: Weeks like quarantine, quarantine before you could even leave.
Speaker 6: So technically they didn't shut it down. But who the hell's going to go stay in a hotel for three weeks?
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure, Doug and Jill, I know you're making a last dish effort, but God, take whatever you do. Take that, take that refund for the air That nine grand is better than nothing. I just can't believe that you didn't make an effort. I know it's a family trip, you didn't want to go without Doug. But and and by the way, just I let you know. I don't know how bad this blood clot is, but it is a bit of a myth that you can't travel with the blood clot there are things you can do. I'm not going to get into the medical part of this, and I'm not going to dispute it with you, but but did your doctor say absolutely no travel?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 6: Because of what?
Speaker 5: Because of the blood clout itself? How and by the way, how are you doing now, Doug? How are you doing now?
Speaker 14: I have another all through sound the end of the month to see if the medication is working okay?
Speaker 5: And are they hoping medication is all.
Speaker 6: You're going to need.
Speaker 14: Probably for the rest of my life?
Speaker 6: Hey, where is the blackedge dog? That's what I was going to say.
Speaker 13: There's different kinds of clots, and there's some that you may be able to travel with and some right, widow maker?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 6: Where is it?
Speaker 14: Lower left leg?
Speaker 6: And it's not one that's for Wow?
Speaker 5: Oh goodness, gracious, Doug. How did you discover it? I'm curious? Did you discover it four days before the trip?
Speaker 11: How?
Speaker 14: I had a discoloration in the lower leg and my wife would you better have that look at? And being a Vietnam veteran, other stuff has popped up over the years, so I thought i'd go in.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, there's.
Speaker 14: Even some discussion that maybe the eggs and orange was the cause of this too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, certainly, there's a plethora of possibilities here. I don't think I'm just going to ask volunteers. Any of my deputies just want to call and see if they would make any kind of an adjustment. What about did any of them offer you credit for a future trip?
Speaker 8: No, we tried that. We tried rebooking, and they just kind of ignored us.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, you do understand four days.
Speaker 6: I mean, you do understand.
Speaker 5: I mean you are asking for something special, right, you do understand?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: Then, and I do expect a penalty, just not that large of a penalty. We would have probably settled for, you know, half of that amount.
Speaker 5: But may I ask why you didn't buy travel insurance?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 15: Because we have traveled.
Speaker 8: All over Europe and South America everything, and I have never had travel insurance. This time we needed it, of.
Speaker 5: Course, And what would have cost, by the way, what would have cost you in this case?
Speaker 8: You know, I didn't even look into it. I don't know, okay, look into it. But let me just say this. We have traveled in the past with Rick Steves, an amazing company. He when COVID came and we had to cancel a trip, we had the refund in less than a week.
Speaker 6: He Costco's the same way. Costco's great.
Speaker 8: Yeah so, I mean we have been burned and guess what, we won't ever you.
Speaker 15: Again.
Speaker 5: Are you kidding? I would never blame them for this. I mean I don't know how you can possibly hold this against them.
Speaker 6: I mean now when you say Costco mark without insurance, yeah, so ours.
Speaker 7: We had three weeks in Hawaii book like in twenty one and they gave us every pennyback, airfare, hotel, everything.
Speaker 6: I didn't buy insurance. I never buy insurance.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, Doug and Jill. I'm really sorry, Christine. What if you can sum this up in a sentence. We're going to take your problem that you have an seven Kia sorrento. Is it with the purchase of the car, or service with the car or some other issue?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 3: It's the service at the Kia dealership.
Speaker 5: Okay, We're going to talk about the service at this Kia dealership and also talk about your problems, questions and complaints.
Speaker 6: Call us right now.
Speaker 5: You can get right in and get in before the long weekend, so you don't have those things festering on your plate. Three Martino, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino, your trouble shooter, and we're taking your calls and your problems and your questions or complays. Christine has an issue with a two thousand and seven Kia Sorrento.
Speaker 6: So Christine, what's going on with you?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: I've been trying to get my car service at a dealership.
Speaker 5: The now when you they trying to get a service, explain to me is this the place you bought it or just somewhere you went for service.
Speaker 3: It's just somewhere I went to service. Because they actually took my warranty. I was on the car.
Speaker 6: And what kind of warranty do you have?
Speaker 3: It's an alpha alpha.
Speaker 6: Just just one that you bought when you bought the car.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I just bought it.
Speaker 15: Okay, a year ago.
Speaker 6: I got it. So anyway, what happened?
Speaker 3: So I'd like to take my car dealerships. I thought I could trust them. This has been an ongoing situation since November.
Speaker 5: Okay, so start start in the beginning. I want to know when the problem started. What's the name of the dealer?
Speaker 3: Amkia?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, okay, Emmic Is that on Colorado on Colorado Boulevard? Yes, yes, okay, So what happened? You went in November?
Speaker 3: For what I was hearing a noise and on the back of my car, and also a stump from when I was coming to a stop and when I would start accelerating.
Speaker 6: Okay, and then what happened?
Speaker 3: Figure out?
Speaker 11: They uh.
Speaker 3: Diagnosed it. They said it was a steering pump, my steering staring pump that was going out and I didn't didn't sound right. But I'm not a mechanic, so I wasn't sure. I left there. And also the day I left there, my a C wasn't working.
Speaker 5: Credible, How long did they How long did they have your car?
Speaker 6: Christine?
Speaker 3: For the entire day? I dropped it off in the morning, about nine o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 6: They came and when was this? How long ago? Was this? How long ago?
Speaker 3: In November?
Speaker 5: Okay, so there's a lot of time since November. What's been happening.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've been bringing my car back repeatedly because when I got my car back the first time, my A C was not working after they had serviced it, and I was I went back and spoke to them to see what had happened because it was learning perfectly. She stated that they had they weren't near any of the A C components and I had to disagree.
Speaker 5: So this is a whole this is oh wait, wait, so the November problems were one thing and then you took it back. When let's talk about timeline. Was it last year or was it just a little while ago.
Speaker 6: Or when.
Speaker 3: This was? And uh so I'm just trying to think of dates.
Speaker 6: Just no, I don't need exact days, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was, it was.
Speaker 6: But they're not connected.
Speaker 5: What I'm what I'm hearing is they're not connected November, and then you said March. So you took it back in March. What was the problem in March?
Speaker 3: Well, I was I wanted them to address the a C because I was there. Said that they're going to order a compressor for the parts.
Speaker 10: That's why it took a book from Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 5: So the a C wasn't working right in March, you took it in And where do we stand today?
Speaker 3: The AC is still not working correctly and my and then I still have that noise.
Speaker 9: I've been going back.
Speaker 6: How much did you pay? How much did you pay?
Speaker 3: Well, the last trip I took up there, I just having to pay the four hundred dollars for the free on because they had taken all the free on out of my car for the last trip. They they when I went to go pick it up, they said that my car they replaced an ambience sensor and my car was the AC was in running, running condition, And I said, it's actually working. He says, yeah, I go out to my car. Wasn't. It wasn't. My AC wasn't working at all.
Speaker 5: So so really so from March until now, they haven't fixed.
Speaker 6: They haven't yet fixed. How much.
Speaker 5: She said, I think how he's asking how much money so far have you paid Emmic for that AC problem?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: I was just it was a four hundred for the free on to a different place, because it's been it was covered by the warranty, and that's why I wasn't able to go somewhere else because.
Speaker 5: I understand did EMMIC do in March when you took it back to Emmett for your AC not working?
Speaker 6: Did they get it working?
Speaker 3: No? They have yet to get it working.
Speaker 5: Okay, but you haven't been charged either because of your warranty.
Speaker 16: Correct.
Speaker 5: Okay, So now where does it stand today?
Speaker 6: Where is your car today?
Speaker 3: Well, it's this AC still not functioning correctly.
Speaker 5: And I still have you ever thought, Christine, have you ever thought of just taking it somewhere else? Since you don't have a lot of money in it with them, just take it to another place?
Speaker 6: Have you ever thought about that? Like, like we have a.
Speaker 5: Great a great place you could go to start shared in auto tech, great people. Have you ever thought of just going somewhere else and at least getting a fresh set of eyes on it?
Speaker 3: Actually I have. I went to two different firestones on What's Midas and they said that two of them didn't have the pool because they said the because the noise happened to be a willbearing, and so they said that they didn't have the tool to be able to press it on there. And then the last firestorm, I went to, this is no, it's no willbaring, it's differential, and I felt like I was a square one. So that's why I went back to Christine.
Speaker 5: Christine, but we're still talking about the AC and all these problems here. It's a very simple question. But you did take it to some other places? Did they actually have your car in and give you an opinion? Yes, What did they say right now about your AC? The other places? What did they say was wrong with it?
Speaker 3: They said that the wiring, the wine was all looked good, but they said that clutch wasn't engaging as it should be.
Speaker 5: Okay, I would suggest, truly that you take it to Sheridan Auto Tech. They can do a free diagnostic up to a certain.
Speaker 6: Point, not with AC. Okay, not with AC. So they can't give it an eyeball and give a you know, they're going to have to do a leak down test. It's going to for whatever the free on plus AI. Okay, it doesn't work.
Speaker 7: Find out, let'st find out I have a different Chevy deal or whatever it is. I mean, if it can't fix a damn compressit, per keia. I mean, if they can't fix it, bring it to a different dealer.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I've also had I've also had the leak tested two different times and there is no leak in the and.
Speaker 7: Then it's probably the compressor is not working, meaning the clutch isn't engaging.
Speaker 5: And that's what I think, That's what I think she said. But she just can't get someone to fix it. Listen, Christine, i'd and stop where you are. Okay, when you have this many problems and delays and you don't want don't keep going back to the same people. I tell this to people all the time. Don't keep going back. Now, some people have money invested and they figure I want to get my money's worth, so they go back. I understand that to a degree. But also though you can go somewhere else and.
Speaker 6: If rapa ho keya, they're right off for wrap a.
Speaker 7: Ho and we don't get many complaints. I'm not saying they're golden, but I mean we don't get a lot.
Speaker 5: A wrap Okia would be a good alternative. Mark, I was going to say that once in a while we get some complaints about the sales process, but never about their service.
Speaker 6: Christine, That's really.
Speaker 5: What we would recommend right now, rather than just trying to, you know, beat up on.
Speaker 6: This dealer and say why aren't you doing this? Why aren't you doing that?
Speaker 5: Sometimes it just comes down to a matter of competence. Just go somewhere where they can get you fixed up, and.
Speaker 6: It just comes go ahead.
Speaker 3: I just want my money back. I just want my money back for the for the free on that they took out of my car that I had to go.
Speaker 6: Can you do that?
Speaker 5: You're not going to get You're not going to get your money back for that, the fact that they tried to fix it and you need to charge your free on. They're not going to pay for that. I really don't think. How did you pay for your free on? Did you do it on a credit card?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: You may want to, you may want to. Uh, did you you.
Speaker 7: Paid them though? Right there at the counter right they put it in read the chip. Yeah, you're gonna have a hell of a time getting that back. Really, why, Mark, Well, because she was there, she presented the card and the proof she presented.
Speaker 6: It is right there in the chip.
Speaker 2: But I think the basis for the the basis for the credit.
Speaker 6: I got it. I'll give you a hundred. I'll give you a hundred. But hold on these.
Speaker 5: You can still do a credit card dispute for bad service after the fact, even though I mean, you know they will charge.
Speaker 7: Back that they fearanty issue, then, I mean they might. I only paid it for ten years. In the automotive business, I understand hundreds of disputes and if the card went through, the card went through.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but but but that's not true at all.
Speaker 5: When a charge goes through, it doesn't mean that you're you have no dispute rights.
Speaker 7: I mean, credit card company is there for basically fraud for the most part. I'm not saying that's right, that's what they're there for. That's not fraud. She that's a warranty.
Speaker 5: What about mark? What about poor service? I thought that if you didn't get what you paid for, not fraud, but just poor service, like it was, the repair wasn't done properly.
Speaker 6: Don't you think that would work?
Speaker 7: And half the restaurants II at I would freaking get free views anyway.
Speaker 5: By the way, Dan McKenzie McKenzie Law for wills and facing probate, avoiding probate, doing LLCs for your estate to bypass probate.
Speaker 6: He has so.
Speaker 5: Many ingenious ways of doing things, including, of course, your conventional trusts. You can trust McKenzie. Give him a call for a consultation. He's a one man shop with many assistants. Why do I say that because he personally attends to your estate and your estate plan eight three to three COO plans eight three three co plans. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent on You're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino, Okay, three oh three seven to one three talk, but I want to emphasize three oh three Martino that you can call twenty four to seven and leave a message and then we get you hooked up for the next show. If you want to come on the air and tell your story. Tim wants to tell a story about travel Man. There's you know, travel season you can tell. So, Tim, what's happening? I'm Tom, what's going on with you?
Speaker 11: Before? I wow? American Savings Network? I want to a presentation with my lady and that le at the at the MBSs weeks and COLO was great and uh I bought into this? Uh time or not time to travel?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, no it I know what you mean.
Speaker 5: There's all kinds of these networks that are supposed to be a concierge service and save you money. And do you buy points? How did you join? What was the nature of membership? Tell me that first, Tim.
Speaker 11: The nature membership was this sounded public because it sounded too good to be true when I was stipping.
Speaker 6: But how much did you have to pay?
Speaker 1: Seventy nine?
Speaker 6: Let's get a lot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, timas the return Tim is the return caller.
Speaker 1: We've been dealing with this.
Speaker 2: This is from moments of Adventure and American Savings that were.
Speaker 5: Now wait a minute, wait a minute, So you called before you called before Tim?
Speaker 11: Yes, I did, and I one update you.
Speaker 5: Okay, great, let me find your call and thank you Dimitri for having such a spectacular memory. Okay, So go go with your story, brother, I'm listening.
Speaker 11: Okay. I contacted Brad England from America Saving Network and UH got his member and uh and basically he wanted to work with me as well as keep me in the you know, in the thing there or keeping me in the plan.
Speaker 6: And I said, what is this club slarios that one?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: No, never mind, okay, keep going.
Speaker 5: So Moments of Adventure okay, okay, so he wanted to keep you.
Speaker 6: What did he do anything?
Speaker 11: Well? He turned around, he told me, because you know, I think I wanted to go on vacations and this I found this call. I want my money back their companies.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: So so this guy Brad is the contact that Deputy de contacted Brad Aglin when you contacted him.
Speaker 6: What did they say they were going to do for him?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Neither neither Moments or Adventure nor American Savings Network ever responded to me. But because I see Tim on all of my emails to them, which were at least three, I would say, they got to hold this. Brad character got a hold of Tim what about a couple of weeks ago, and told him he'll work with Tim. And it sounds like Brad's been trying to sell Tim something else?
Speaker 1: Is that right? Tim?
Speaker 6: So Tim, what is the bottom line here? What are they doing.
Speaker 11: The bottom the bottom line? And so like that, they won't let me out of the contract yet. The contract that I had as far as disabled, the contract that canceled the day after when I talked to the person I canceled my Well, but wait.
Speaker 5: A minute, you're supposed to get some time to cancel, I thought, when he.
Speaker 1: Oh, this isn't a time share.
Speaker 5: It isn't a time share, it's a traveltel club.
Speaker 2: I've never seen the contract because Tim threw away.
Speaker 5: Tim, do you have a copy of anything that you signed with them? No?
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 6: You don't have anything at all from them.
Speaker 1: It would be good to hear the latest, because Tim, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I want to hear the latest.
Speaker 5: So hold on and we'll come back and hear what they're offering. Now, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 16: News.
Speaker 10: So you don't have.
Speaker 11: Run anxioussses care.
Speaker 6: The Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your Troubleshooter three zero three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: Hey, welcome to the show. We love doing it.
Speaker 5: That's why I've done it for forty five years, still on the air, and Mark's been at my side for many of those years. And uh, right now at the studio with John Fuller. John Fuller, personal injury attorney and all around consumer advocate guru. So uh, this hour brought you by Fixed at twenty four to seven. Don't forget free second opinions. This is the season they might say, you need a new air conditioner, you need a new this, you need a new that. They'll do free second opinions, no questions asked, no charge whatsoever.
Speaker 6: Just get a perspective.
Speaker 5: Fix myhome dot com book now seventy zero five two six thirty nine thirty nine. By the way, we love doing this, tim, We love helping people if we can. You have a terrible problem, though, And this was, in our opinion, an out and out ripoff.
Speaker 6: Now Deputy d looked a lot into.
Speaker 5: This, and he's saying, as far as he's concerned, you're dealing with just a bunch of crooks that have no real identity.
Speaker 6: You can never nail him down.
Speaker 5: And it was called Moments of Adventure or you went to a seminar. By the way, how did you find out about this seminar? In November of twenty twenty four, found.
Speaker 11: Out through a flyer in the mail?
Speaker 5: It okay, do you have that flyer by any show? I'm even curious about that.
Speaker 11: No, I don't have the fly anymore.
Speaker 6: Why did you go to it?
Speaker 5: Were you interested in a timeshare or in a vacation club?
Speaker 11: Actually I wanted to do some travel, my lady, But more so, they offered two free uh fights on celt Us airlines and a couple of nights in the Hilton Hotel.
Speaker 5: Did you ever get those? Did you ever get those freebies?
Speaker 11: I finally got him just yesterday to Brad to an email. I got a thing. I turned it out, but I had you know, he's actually he wants to work with me now.
Speaker 5: But he got me the how does he how does he want to work with you? Did he reach out all of a sudden?
Speaker 11: No, I reached out to him because he got his number and I reached out to him and uh and I got his email autist and everything, and he said that he wanted to work with me. And I got a direct line, and I said, I just want my money back. I canceled this.
Speaker 5: And then what is the direct line? Does is the direct line? Does it end with eight seven zero nine?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay? And the email address you have is what.
Speaker 11: Brad at American Savings Networks dot com.
Speaker 5: Brad at American Savings Network dot com. You know, it's encouraging though, it's encouraging that he answered you. I want to ask a question. Okay, let's all examine this. You know, in my opinion, it's not worth anything. But you already joined, it looks like you're not going to get your money back. I mean, I guess you could try to assume a small claims court if they have a registry.
Speaker 6: Agent, you know Mark.
Speaker 5: When they don't have a registered agent, there's no way to take him the small claims court?
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 1: There is?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you could.
Speaker 7: You could go to either the house if you know who the person was. You mean, if you literally can't serve them, or if they don't have a registered agent.
Speaker 6: What are you trying to say? If they don't have a registered agent.
Speaker 7: And as you can serve someone, that person would still have to show up to court.
Speaker 6: Okay, But what if they don't have anyone in the state. Doesn't it you'd have to go to their venue and serve them there.
Speaker 7: Okay, not necessarily we're talking to small claims court.
Speaker 13: Well, still if you serve them. It's just that they can't defend a corporation in the state of Colorado, but they are subject to the jurisdiction. So if you can serve them and get them in the court, but they can't come in there and represent that corporation because it's not a legal entity.
Speaker 6: In a small claims court. They literally do it for a purpose.
Speaker 7: So I can't go sue someone in California and make them come here. I have to go into the county of the person I'm suing.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 13: I think we're talking about apples and oranges here, because if somebody avails themselves of the jurisdiction here in Colorado, the fact that they may be a corporation in California doesn't matter. As long as you serve them here and you catch them in this jurisdiction, you've got jurisdiction over them.
Speaker 6: Oh, in a court in Colorado. Yeah, I agree? Okay, Okay.
Speaker 5: So here's the question, though, have you ever tim Troy to just use the membership?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 6: What I'm saying is.
Speaker 5: I know you didn't want it and you want your money back, But if you're stuck with it right now, have you ever used it?
Speaker 6: Have you ever tried to use it?
Speaker 11: You know, as a matter of fact, I did. I You know, he talked to me, work on getting your money back later, But how about we just get you doing some travel now? Oh?
Speaker 9: Is that?
Speaker 5: What is that? What he is that what he said to you? Is he trying to sell you now a trip?
Speaker 11: Yes, basically?
Speaker 6: Okay, So that's.
Speaker 5: Why that's why the guy contacted you, is Susan, That's why the guy contacted you. He's not being a good egg. He contacted you because he figured, Hey, you know the guy's a member. Now let's see if we can actually make him pay.
Speaker 6: Or is it discount or what kind of things is it? What are we talking about?
Speaker 9: It's so special?
Speaker 5: Just forward, tim. I want to ask you a question. What did he try to sell you?
Speaker 11: Okay? I told him was another trip to travel the Mortal Beach, something going to Myrtle Beach, and he wanted I gave him some dates and he gave me a price. Reduced price, he says.
Speaker 6: How much?
Speaker 11: But you wants four and fifty dollars is a retail for nine?
Speaker 6: And he said he would get you a trip to Myrtle Beach.
Speaker 11: Yes, basically where I would you know, we would drive out there, would have a place to stay for four days or whatever. Do not do.
Speaker 6: I would not put any more money in this. You didn't do it, did you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 11: I No, I didn't because I'm not that stupid anymore.
Speaker 6: I hope not.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't spend another time with these people. So really, then what the what is the seventy nine for? If you have to pay for each and every trip? Are they claiming that all of your trips are going to be discounted?
Speaker 6: Is that why?
Speaker 11: That's what they claiming?
Speaker 12: And so was the trip?
Speaker 5: Was the trip to Myrtle Beach for four hundred and fifty bucks? Was that all inclusive or was that just the first part? How much was the trip going to cost you?
Speaker 9: In all.
Speaker 11: All he's got on the email. I had four of these emails to me.
Speaker 12: It took me.
Speaker 7: Listen, guys, just wait a minute, so all this we can't get them. I just decided to call the number that's literally on the website America's Savings Network, and a gal picked up, and she's gonna call me back with the next one that's here in Colorado and what hotel and we can go down and talk to him in person for.
Speaker 6: That man, good good.
Speaker 5: We'll do the old fashioned, the old fashioned attendance you used to do mark where you raise your hand and ask a question.
Speaker 6: These are the best ones, man, these guys.
Speaker 7: Hopefully they fill up the embassy suites where they got the free cocktail hour and then basically you walk in in the middle of it, and you just warn everybody they're a bunch of crooks.
Speaker 5: Go back and search our YouTube channel. You'll see Mark on some of these. They're really cool.
Speaker 6: Hey, listen, you may decide to buy in. You know, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you have the free cocktails in the next thing. You know, you remember.
Speaker 5: But here's what I want to know, Brad on this recent trip to Myrtle Beach, was the what were you getting for four fifty?
Speaker 6: Was that just the airfare or what was that the four fifty?
Speaker 11: Oh it says ocean front uh secuz this week before fifty for.
Speaker 5: An ocean front room for how many nights?
Speaker 11: Eight through the twelve dolls or four nights.
Speaker 6: And nights for four fifty? Did they say that's all you did? They say that's all you had to pay?
Speaker 11: This says retail price nine eighty. But I'm not fearable, taxes everything.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what they're showing they're showing that what they're trying to show him, because the heat turned up a little, is that he's getting discounts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can at the email right now.
Speaker 2: So and what does it say, d It's say Sandy Beach, Oceanfront resort Yacousy, Suite four hundred and fifty dollars retail price nine to eighty.
Speaker 1: It doesn't say if it's for the entire five days or if that's per night.
Speaker 6: Here's what I'm looking at on their website.
Speaker 7: It's in Florida, it's in the Everglades, and it's called Alligator Alcatraz and it's one hundred percent free if you're here illegally.
Speaker 2: Look, this doesn't equate wait a sec airfare, This doesn't include anything.
Speaker 6: But let's get right down. Let's get right down to the heart of the matter.
Speaker 5: Can we help Tim, No, no, no no, because you made too many mistakes.
Speaker 1: You just dealt with the demoke another one.
Speaker 6: When these guys are in town wherever at da Hilton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can all we can follow.
Speaker 6: We can follow that one up. I'm gonna mark that when they're in town.
Speaker 2: Glynn sent him an email yesterday. He says, Hey, I just need your payment information. Please give us a call, and then he puts in his phone number. So he wants to get paid for this hotel and re simply air fair and whatever else he's going to sell.
Speaker 1: Tim Brad is a is A is A.
Speaker 6: Yeah, By the way, here's what I think people should do.
Speaker 5: You should call Brad and let him know we have his number and let him know we're not going to let anybody else fall for it. Again, be nice, don't be vulgar. And it's seven zero two four set two eighty seven oh nine. Wait wait wait, let me give you the number where people answer. Okay, seven oh two six six zero zero seven two five.
Speaker 6: Okay. You don't want to burn your Yeah, they're going to be calling me back. Yeah, you don't want to mess up your chance here, you know, get if you want to email Brad.
Speaker 5: If you want to email Brad and let them know that we know about their scam. That scam is my word, not theirs. Brad at American Savings Network dot com just say we heard about you on the Tom Martino Show and then put down three oh three Martino in parenthesis. And they are talking about a man who pays seventy nine hundred.
Speaker 6: Dollars for nothing.
Speaker 5: Now it's Brad at American Savings Network dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Hi Tom Martino here.
Speaker 5: Threell three seven one three A two five five Drew, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Is this Drew Drew or just Drew? Hello?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 6: Just did he hang up? We got him pulled up?
Speaker 12: Drew?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 6: Drew? Was it the Drew that calls often? Or was it another drill?
Speaker 7: Let's put it this way. It says he got hurt and home depot? What are the chances it's a different not just hurt, almost killed in home depots?
Speaker 6: Almost killed? Big difference. I digress.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Kelly, was this the Drew that calls often or regularly?
Speaker 1: Drew from New Jersey? It was?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 9: How do we know?
Speaker 6: Was it Drew from New Jersey?
Speaker 7: I'm sure he's up right now. I don't know why he's playing. Uh, I don't know why he's being true. Are you there, Drew, hmmm, maybe he adham minutes. Let's let's uh or maybe home depot.
Speaker 5: Let me try to re establish that contact and then let's Tim. Really, there's nothing we can do about Tim, Tim, we can't. All we're going to tell you is don't increase your losses by buying other stuff from them. I mean, you know, we got to just on some of these. Just tell people the truth. We can't help you.
Speaker 6: You made a big mistake. You made a big mistake.
Speaker 1: Don't throw good money after bad true.
Speaker 6: I mean Tim. By the way, speaking of.
Speaker 5: All of the things we talk about, I have Casey with me now from American Financing.
Speaker 6: Come on and Casey are you there?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir Casey, can you tell me what you do at American Financing dot net please? I'm well familiar with all of the team members. I have not had the pleasure of meeting you yet.
Speaker 17: Yes, I'm the general manager yourself.
Speaker 6: Now, Casey.
Speaker 5: The reason I have you on on is there's never been a weirder time when it comes to you know, smart equity loans or equity loans, consolidation loans and refinancing the message A lot of people have is don't bother it's too expensive, and some people have found out, well it's not too expensive when you consider what you're.
Speaker 6: Paying with credit cards.
Speaker 5: What is your message to people right now with high let's take the let's take different categories, people with high interest det.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's a lot of people that were helping. Is like you mentioned the credit cards. The credit cards across the country are at all times. I's just that the economy that we're in right now. And yeah, the interest rates on mortgages right now are higher than they were a few years ago, but you know, historically they're still still in a pretty good spot and a whole lot lower than the twenty plus percent that you probatly on it occurred. There's there are a lot of people that were helping get out of that credit card that right now, I'm using their their biggest financial tool, which is their house then saving on average about eight hundred dollars a month.
Speaker 6: So they're saving a ton of money every month.
Speaker 5: And then if they choose to when they take out that smart equity loan, they can pay that off quicker than the regular payments as well as they want.
Speaker 6: But they have the choice.
Speaker 5: They can have breathing room, or they can pay it off quicker, it's up to them. But doesn't their credit improve immediately.
Speaker 1: In most cases?
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 17: So your credit card is you know, drive from a lot of different things, but one thing that does impact it a lot is your credit utilization. So when you have a credit card that's matched out, it's impacting.
Speaker 6: Your credit a lot.
Speaker 17: Makati obviously, So paying that off, opening up that line with your equity from a smart equity loan will free up that line of credit which will then earn you know, help out your credit score.
Speaker 5: You should so in essence, when we're talking about refining, we're talking about two different kinds in my mind, First, the smart equity loan where you take just enough to get out of that high interest debt and debt that has accumulated. And the second is where you refile the whole house, the whole mortgage.
Speaker 6: When would it be apropos to do the whole mortgage?
Speaker 17: That's what we do here at American Financing. We have a team of you know, mortgage consultants that will do a credit or a mortgage review of you. For some people, it makes sense to stick with your mortgage and pull out that smart equity heat loan or second line or whatever you want to call it. And sometimes it makes more sense of the refinings. You just have to take a look at the whole picture together. It's going to take into account. You know what your rate is on your current mortgage, maybe you've got one of the super low interest strikes a few years back, maybe make it's more sense as a smart equity loan. But at the same time, if you don't have the lowest rate, or if you have a balance on your current mortgage that's not that high compared to what you would be taken out to pay off their credit cards, sometimes the refinances all whole make sense.
Speaker 9: And that's what we always do.
Speaker 17: We always take a look at the whole picture, and you know the way to the pros and the cons of each and see what makes more sense for each particular person.
Speaker 5: And there is something that is very tricky, but it's really something people should look at, and it's a blended rate.
Speaker 6: I'm going to try to explain it. You can take a shot at.
Speaker 5: But the blended rate means that let's just say you have a low rate mortgage right now, Let's say you have a four percent mortgage and that's a good rate, but you have a lot of high interest debt. And then let's say you have other debt, or maybe you have deferred maintenance on your house or whatever, and you're deciding what to do. Let's say you decide to refi the entire loan and pull some cash out for some referred maintenance pay off the high interest at now you have.
Speaker 6: A new loan.
Speaker 5: The new loan, even though might seem higher, obviously it'll be higher than four percent right now, but it may be lower. The new rate might be lower than what you're paying now in what's called a blended rate. And a blended rate is kind of all of the interest you're paying on a monthly basis. It takes into consideration your low mortgage, but also high credit card and other bills. And sometimes people end up, if they listen to you, guys, and you do the math, it's they end up actually, even though the house mortgage is higher, their overall blended rate on all of their debt is lower.
Speaker 6: How do you get that concept across?
Speaker 17: I mean, I think you explained it pretty well there. That's exactly what it is, and that's what I was alluding to. Four when I said we would take a look at all the different scenarios, is where does that blended rate come in at. There's a bunch of different online calculators where you just simply type in your balance, the current interistrate for all your different things. That calculates and then tell you what your blended rate is. And with your eye interest, credit card, debt, or even if you take out a you know, personal loan that you're seeing a lot of people have these days, those are very high interest rates. So when you put those into a blended calculator, even if you have those amazingly low interest rates, for me, figures back on your mortgage right blended overall picture, it's going to be a much higher number than than you could get right now on a mortgage.
Speaker 5: Typically because what we're what we're looking at is the total outlay of interest, which is really doesn't go to build any wealth whatsoever. So obviously, with interest, which is really your renting of the money, your use of the money, you want it to be as low as possible because it's not building any wealth, it's simply maintaining the debt. And that's something people really need to know, you know, Casey I've seen people that have a lot of equity on their home, but they're afraid to touch it because of the higher second rates. But typically, what have you seen in real cases where people have finally given in and consolidated.
Speaker 6: Do you have any examples of savings?
Speaker 11: We do it.
Speaker 17: We calculate that and keep track of what we have as a whole. And on average right now, when you're taking the people that are doing the debt consolidation, like I said, that's on average about eight hundred dollars a month summer higher, summer lower. Obviously that's that's how averages were. But on average right now people are saving about eight hundred bucks in their confolid they didn't want.
Speaker 6: To get it now.
Speaker 5: This is something maybe American financing you don't talk about directly, but I can talk about it. And that is when you get approved at American financing for a certain amount, you're able, like if it's a line of.
Speaker 6: Credit for example, or a second just a straight second.
Speaker 5: Sometimes people are better off instead of just paying off every single balance, negotiating some of those balances, because if you're a little behind on on the eight ball, you've you've accumulated a little much and you call a credit card issuer or you call them, they will sometimes settle for less than one hundred percent. You have you experienced that where people use the money they get from American financings a smart equity loan or loan to negotiate settlements Like you.
Speaker 17: Said that outside of our real that's not something we could help facilitate with you for you. But yes, I I've had on borrowers that have taken that money and use it to their advantage on Cassie Sky. So when you have that line right, stay here. You know, what are you willing to work with?
Speaker 5: Exactly a lot of times I was working. The reason I brought that up, I was working with an attorney who does that.
Speaker 6: Mike Wink is one of them that does it on.
Speaker 5: Our refer list, and he said, if you get yourself a line of credit or a second or if you have and we were trying to help this young woman and you have the money available and I know it's available, I can then go out and make settlements with people. And since it's after you get the mortgage, it doesn't affect your credit. You already got the mortgage, And there's nothing wrong with negotiating settlements. But having the strength of the money and you know you have that pot of money, gives you the strength to negotiate settlements. And again, these are people we're talking about people Casey with a lot of debt. Now you deal with people in all walks of life with a lot of debt and some that have just accumulated a certain amount.
Speaker 6: What have you have you gone back and looked at what.
Speaker 5: The average is for high interest debt these days with people on your customer base.
Speaker 17: Like you said, it's all all over the place. And I mean credit If you're talking about the interest rates on credit cards, they're they're pretty higher right now, as everybody knows. But there's yeah, there's people that have you know, you know, it's all over the place. And some people have ten thousand dollars in credit card debt. There's people that have one hundred thousand dollars plus. So there's there's all different types out there. And it's not just debt too. There are people that you know, want to put a swimming pool in their backyard, want to finish their basement out right, There's a bunch of different people that are looking at stuff for a full different reasons. Yes, the debt is a is a huge piece right now, just because again of the community they're brand But there are people that are doing doing all right, don't have the debt, that are still looking to to access the money for different reasons as well.
Speaker 5: All right, we have more on this and any of your questions you have. I had a couple people text me while I'm talking to you. This is Casey front, the GM of sales at American Financing dot net, and Casey, I'm sorry I didn't attempt your last name.
Speaker 6: Can you pronounce it for me?
Speaker 17: Yes, Casey sportscough schwartz cough.
Speaker 6: Oh that's not bad.
Speaker 14: We have more.
Speaker 6: We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help.
Speaker 12: You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 5: When you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, we're talking to Casey Schwartzkov with H He's the general manager over a sales at American Financing. I've been doing a lot of advertising for American Financing because when we first started talking, and I talked to Ryan and over there, and we said, you know, there's never been a more confusing time in the mortgage business. I mean, some people just say, oh, you can't get a mortgage, it's too expensive. What they don't understand is that you can still use the equity in your home to get out of high interest debt. And when you get that portion of your equity to pay off that high interest debt, you're immediately making money because you get when you get rid of fourteen percent debt and let's no not what am I saying fourteen some of it's up to twenty to twenty four percent. When you get rid of twenty four percent debt, and let's say you substitute it with a six percent debt or a seven percent debt, you're saving that seventeen or eighteen percent a month. You're saving it that that's truly not money going out of the spickett, so you're saving the money.
Speaker 6: The same with home improvements.
Speaker 5: You know, if you go to a vendor that is offering fifteen and sixteen percent on these, you know, buy her pay here, that's not necessarily a good deal. You can put those home improvements into home equity. So casey, basically the store still open. People still need to get loans. So I have one this one here. Someone wants to know what kind of credit do they need for a smart Equity loan.
Speaker 17: We often for all different types of programs like syby, to take a look at it to see exactly what makes most sense in your situations. We do have programs that go down as low as a five her credit school.
Speaker 6: See that's incredible.
Speaker 5: Now, obviously you have to match the program with your situation.
Speaker 6: But here's the important thing.
Speaker 5: If they do approve you at American Financing and you're in the loan and start making your payments, your credit will go up. I have a text here from someone who said they got a Smart Equity loan. They paid off twelve thousand dollars in debt, and because they weren't making those minimum payments and saving money, they started paying extra and they're almost done now, completely out of credit card debt in a little over a year, Casey, And it would have taken them what it would have taken them maybe ten years if they were doing minimum payments.
Speaker 17: Probably even longer than that. And then yeah, when we're talking about the monthly saving, those are minimum payments, and as you know, minimum payments on credit cards barely touched the principle.
Speaker 9: Most that just goes to interest.
Speaker 17: Yeah, even if you just continue with the same payment, I guess that equity loan versus the credit card A you're going to have it paid off tremendously faster.
Speaker 5: And someone wants to know about as far as loan costs, can any of them be built into the loan.
Speaker 17: Yes, absolutely, And American Financing we're one of the fue leaders out there that to try to include every single post size of the one. Even that crazy, I know most people are.
Speaker 5: Are you still there, case I'm sorry, I think you dropped out there. Is he still there, Casey? I think something got disconnected there, So let's try to Okay, we'll reconnect during this break.
Speaker 6: And one real quick, James, you have an issue.
Speaker 5: With a car injury with an injury in a car accident.
Speaker 6: We have John Fuller with us. What's the issue, man.
Speaker 15: Well, I don't know. I may have screwed myself because I was going north on twenty five and the guy ran into thet of me at about twenty miles an hour.
Speaker 9: We pulled over.
Speaker 15: I took a picture of his license He didn't he said, I had to take a picture of his insurance company's card.
Speaker 11: He didn't have.
Speaker 15: He couldn't reach his insurance company. And I took a picture of his license plate and it expired me twenty twenty four and this was last Thursday, and he had to go, he said.
Speaker 5: And I also, well, okay, we're going to talk about this. Hold on because there may be you may have a big problem on your hands. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Casey shortcross with us from American Financing and somebody wanted to know about the uh casey the application process. Okay, how do they get started? What do they expect?
Speaker 6: Is it online?
Speaker 5: Do they have to go in?
Speaker 6: Walk us through the process.
Speaker 17: He is a great our website at American Financing dot net. Or give us a call may number. Here's three zero three six ninety five seven thousand. We'll walk you through It. Takes about ten minutes on an initial phone call for us to get your information, kind of get your goals in mind, and then we run different scenarios for you. You're more than welcome to come into our office here in Aurora if you would like. But at the same time, we do the majority of it online. Most of our customers just prefer to keep it that way.
Speaker 6: We can.
Speaker 17: We can do pretty much everything except for the closing fully revote.
Speaker 6: So let me get this straight.
Speaker 5: If I go to American Financing dot net, I can actually start and complete an application.
Speaker 17: You can put your initial information online. What it'll do is it'll queue up and we'll give you a call in and gather the rest of the information for you.
Speaker 6: I actually like that better. I actually like that better.
Speaker 5: So I go online, start the application process, and a counselor from American Financing will then call me and help me finish it. Yep, absolutely, And the whole process will take about ten minutes, a few minutes online by yourself maybe, and then by the time you get to a rep it's about ten minutes. Then once the application is complete, how long does it take to get approval or denial?
Speaker 17: Every every scenario is different, depending on you know, the credit, the income, all that kind of stuff. It takes different amounts. But we can do once you do that first initial call, get down the information you give us a couple of hours, we can work up the different scenarios for you, go over those with you online and let you know whatever game looks like. And then at that point, once we're ready to move forward, we we you know, gather your documents and get your filing the processing towards the actual approval. But but again we can get your numbers same day, within it within a few hours.
Speaker 5: So really within a few hours the bulk of the work is done and then you get your official approval.
Speaker 6: Then what what does closing look like?
Speaker 17: Closing is done, There are some documents that have to be signed in person, so there is a closing that takes place in person. Usually again up to the customer and what they want, but we can come out to your house. It's just a notary that comes up gets everything signed for you. Once everything's signed, you have a three day time period until we can fund the loan, and then the loan funds after that, that's when you get your cash to do whatever you want.
Speaker 5: And Casey, according to this one and that texted me, said they literally never left the house. They went online, they talked to American Financing, they were given approval the next day, They had a notary out to their house. Within a week, literally comes to their house in fifteen minutes, had it done.
Speaker 17: Yeah, we make the process super simple. We are able to electronically find a lot of the closing documents, so before that person even gets to your house, the majority of the documents are signed. They just sat down and signed a few. They need to be signed in person, super simple, short process and.
Speaker 5: Then you can get your cash you need to Someone wants to know do you make the dispersements to credit cards or do you leave it in a line of credit for the consumer to deal with?
Speaker 6: How does that work when you're.
Speaker 5: Taking it out specifically to pay off high interest credit.
Speaker 17: Everybody scenario is different. If you haven't qualify with just get in the lump sum. We'll make it simple before you give you the lump sum and you can pay it off. Some people do need to pay off some of the debt to qualify, and if it's one of those scenarios where you need to pay it down to qualify, then we would get the money made out directly to those creditors to be paid directly.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that's Casey Schwartzkoff from American Financing dot net. Give them a call and get in on this and start wealth building three oh three six nine five seven thousand. Three oh three six nine five seven thousand Americanfinancing dot net. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 11: Ripped.
Speaker 12: You need advice so you don't have you come run in just as fast as we can.
Speaker 6: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez.
Speaker 5: Hello Tom here, and we have Major Mark Major at my side along with John Fuller, personal injury attorney and consumer advocate, and we are solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, and making your life just a little easier.
Speaker 6: What do you have to do to be part of it?
Speaker 5: Just give us a call at three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: This hour brought to you by renew Home.
Speaker 5: Innovations dot Com for the most beautiful walk in showers converted from those old ugly shower tub combos. You'll have a beautiful flat, no entry, no barrier to entry, smooth walkin threshold. You'll have perimeter drains, beautiful sheet porcelain walls with zero maintenance. But the beauty is unbelievable. They do it in two or three days and you have months to pay, months with no interest. Renew Home Innovations dot Com three oh three nine zero four to two thousand three O three nine are a four to two thousand.
Speaker 6: Hey, Drew is with us now and has a complaint. Drew, what's going on with you?
Speaker 18: Well, it happened eight days ago. It's very hot here a New Jersey, and I'm an old man seventy eight years old. Federal Court to sable. I'm crippled because I got there's a pedestrian, so anybody can see them crippled. I went to home depot first thing in the morning and I told him you can see them crippled. I cannot install an air conditioner. I need to buy one and get installed. Show me how to use it today, hive six seven times. I repeated. They said yes, but they committed fraud. They just stumped it in the driveway and I was literally dying of heat. I called up the East Hanover Police. They saved my life. They came in. I collapsed on astar from the heat. He go them picked me up. Well, the third one installed the air conditioner. They saved my life. And Home Depot was corrupt. In my opinion, they committed fraud. When I called him back to install and correct their mistake, they didn't care.
Speaker 5: So Drew, let's examine this. You went Home Depot to buy an AC and they sold you on. And where did they become corrupt? Did you have a contract with them to install it.
Speaker 18: There was the assistant manager who said they would install it. I repeated it. He said yes. He sent me over to lay a big lady and.
Speaker 5: She so they promised, They promised you they would help you install it.
Speaker 18: Yes, where they were tricky. They gave me the were a seat with the two hundred and ninety eight dollars I paid, and a little signe print they checked off outside. They didn't tell me. They didn't show me. Okay, we're going to deliver, install and show me how to see.
Speaker 5: So there was the receipt actually shows they were going to drop it off.
Speaker 18: Yes, but the pages two and three, who agree to the contract, you have to sign it initially andated I didn't sign it because they never showed me anything. All they were trying to do was give me to buy their conditioner. Tell me any lie they came to.
Speaker 5: Do you really believe they were hurting that much to sell an air conditioner.
Speaker 11: That they did that?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I can't under an eighty dollars air conditioner. Drew. You understand, Drew.
Speaker 5: You listen, We've had our We've had our agreements and disagreements over the years, and truly I listen to you, honest to God, with an open mind. But I really believe sometimes you're finding trouble where yes, there is trouble, but no, there isn't necessarily accountability.
Speaker 18: What do you feel they owe Colorado?
Speaker 6: Well, it doesn't what okay, what do you believe they owe you? Right now? Home Depot?
Speaker 18: Well, I don't know. I was going to ask you the same thing, but I collapsed on the ground. I nearly died. Police saved my life. The police told me to call Home Depot again, so I called him repeatedly. They didn't care, Tom, they didn't care, So just get the sale and the heck with the customer.
Speaker 10: Drew.
Speaker 7: I do want to say this though, I mean, Drew, it looks like you finally did go number two? Last time you called, you had a problem with the pharmacist.
Speaker 12: Yeah, what happened with that?
Speaker 11: Gave you?
Speaker 6: What happened with that one?
Speaker 18: Anymore?
Speaker 6: What happened with that one?
Speaker 11: Drew?
Speaker 18: We're the best of friends. We had a lovely conversation yesterday.
Speaker 6: Did he do anything for you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 18: He shows me where the medicines are advises me.
Speaker 5: Okay, but did you did you you wanted us to call the owner of the pharmacy and you thought he might help pay for your injuries.
Speaker 18: I don't think that's relevant. What's relevant his home depot is probably doing to other people and it should be investigated.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay. So here's what would be wrong, and I'm serious about this, Drew. If you went there to buy an AC and they told you, yes, we will install it, but then they checked something else off. Do you have any proof they told you they would. They admit it that they promised to install it.
Speaker 18: The only proof I have is it's a three page sickument and for it to be legal you have to sign it and date it. It's not sign it's not dated because they never shown it to me. All they said was received for the money paid.
Speaker 6: All right, so what do you want? Let's ask that question.
Speaker 5: I know what the problem is now, you feel that home Depot lacked a breach to contract with you to install the AC.
Speaker 6: You almost died. By the way, who ended.
Speaker 5: Up installing the AC the police, They actually installed it for you.
Speaker 18: Yes, and they picked me up off the ground. I nearly died. CBS News was here. They interviewed me for thirty five minutes.
Speaker 5: Was it on the news? Was it on the news?
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 18: I don't watch TV.
Speaker 6: Okay, So how are you doing now after this incident.
Speaker 18: I'm doing okay now, and I really I am very impressed with the police. They saved my life. They wrote there. I have their names. I gave their names to CBS, and I think that Home Depot. My suggestion is you guys should make a phone call. Let Mark make a phone call or somebody.
Speaker 5: And we got John here today, John Fuller as a personal injury attorney. I know he's going to say, you don't have a case. I mean, because you don't. They dropped off an air conditioner. They can't be blamed for what happened after that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, yeah, this sounds terrible. I understand that, Drew.
Speaker 5: But they listen, if you bought an AC and they delivered it, they can't be blamed for what happened after they delivered it. The fact that you fainted in the heat is not their fault.
Speaker 6: So I don't know how they do Home Depot up there where Drew is.
Speaker 13: But I have never seen a home Depot personnel installed anything.
Speaker 6: They use subs for that. They only act as a coordinator to hire some No, that's true.
Speaker 13: Fact or so just the premise that that home Depot was going to come out and install this thing when I just don't.
Speaker 6: I don't buy the premise.
Speaker 5: So no, no, But but Drew, here's the point I want to make, and I want to help. I want you to help me understand. Why is home Depot responsible for you passing out in the sun?
Speaker 18: Because my place was like and I told them that, I said I need this delivered today and then Sam and shown how to use it. You can't do that. I'm not buying. I'll go elsewhere well to make hell they line and line and line and line.
Speaker 6: Okay, And I don't.
Speaker 7: Think anybody that works at home Depot, Drew, and I mean this, I don't think they give a crap about a two hundred and eighty dollars sale. If you were buying Home Depot itself, maybe they'd care.
Speaker 13: If you can't walk in there and say here are my conditions, or else I'm gonna walk. Okay, you have to come to my house, install it and show me how to operate it, or I'm out of here.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna buy it.
Speaker 7: I bought a bunch of wood there last year and they delivered it, but they didn't build the DNA.
Speaker 13: You're gonna come to my house and build a deck and then put stain and everything else on it.
Speaker 6: And or else I'm going to walk, Drew. I don't think. I'm telling you with all seriousness.
Speaker 5: Drew, I don't think we can hold Home Depot responsible for anything that happened that day they dropped.
Speaker 6: Off the air.
Speaker 18: I admit to you, and yes, we did promise and we were going with and we didn't hold on.
Speaker 5: Okay, then if that's the case, then you would be due some kind of money toward the installation.
Speaker 6: But you didn't pay for the installation or.
Speaker 18: Give the money to the police.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm asking, Drew, what what do you want? That's what I'm asking you. Let's say you're right and home Depot lied to you, what do you think you deserve as a result. I always say this at the end of every call. I always say this, so therefore fill in the blank. So, okay, home Depot lied to me about the air conditioner, So therefore.
Speaker 18: So therefore give them money to the police.
Speaker 6: What money?
Speaker 18: What money, fear or whatever it is?
Speaker 6: Okay, So you on us to call.
Speaker 5: Over there and tell them that because they did not install it, they should give the money to the police who did install it. Then the next question is going to be how much did Drew pay for the installation? Drew, do you know that if you were going to have it installed it would have been extra, right, it would have cost more.
Speaker 13: Hold on, Tom, what what kind of unit is this? Is this just a window unit? Are we talking literally? The installation is to pick it up, set it in the window, and plug it in right right, Yes, I understand that, But but that that tasked alone. How much were they going to charge you for that?
Speaker 18: The lady said to me, because I'm crippled.
Speaker 13: Okay, So okay, he was going to wave it for free and come out and deliver and see I'm just not buying it.
Speaker 18: That's not something, and I don't care if you're not. You're a jerk whoever you are. Okay, it's a true story. Police came out, got their names. They wouldn't have come out of face On was lying.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying that you weren't Drew, but nobody Drew.
Speaker 5: Nobody is denying your story that you almost fainted and died.
Speaker 6: I think they owe you anything in this particular circumstance.
Speaker 13: We're just saying that it's It would be outside of the realm of normal possibilities that Home Depot would have committed to have installed anything an air conditioned or otherwise, even given your condition. It would be a totally gratuitous act on the on the part of one of their staff. But it wouldn't be something that somebody acting on behalf of Home Depot would have committed them to themselves to do.
Speaker 6: Period.
Speaker 18: It was this idiot on.
Speaker 6: He's a personal he's a personal injury attorney. Sorry, what are you talking about, Drew?
Speaker 12: Why are you calling names like that?
Speaker 6: That's not nice.
Speaker 18: Three women were child at a party last night. This is New Jersey, it's not Colorado.
Speaker 6: What does that have to do with anything the laws. The law bro got me on.
Speaker 18: That one loss a law they lied to a sale.
Speaker 6: No, they didn't know, they didn't.
Speaker 18: You guys could phone it up. And by the way, you're saying I'm wrong on.
Speaker 6: This, Tom, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm not saying you're wrong. You're way off on this. Now here's what I'm saying. Listen to me carefully, Drew Arry.
Speaker 7: This is like when you walked into a tailgate on someone's truck and wanted to sue the truck.
Speaker 18: Drew, bring up by crazy mar True. He said to me, Tom, you want with that? And you said how much? I said, two hundred dollars?
Speaker 6: And how about this last one?
Speaker 15: Drew?
Speaker 6: Do you remember this?
Speaker 18: I can't go number two anymore. You made it been with me, Tom, I have the pay true? True, I got true thousand dollars. You gotsn of all that?
Speaker 5: Suff where'd you Oh wait, wait, did you settle? Wait a minute, seriously, did you settle for forty grand?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 15: You want me dollar?
Speaker 18: If that we made?
Speaker 6: And where did you get? Where did you get? Which one is that that you settled?
Speaker 18: That's one in the car was rare ended and I had minor damages, and I said, the one that Mark is making fun.
Speaker 6: Of where you ran into the tailgate.
Speaker 18: I didn't walk into a tailgate.
Speaker 5: It was Mark lak u Kon and the tailgate came up and hit him. Drew, I hope you understand. Listen carefully. I am not making fun of you. I just disagree with you on some of your premises. I believe what happened to you at home depot. I believe you went there, and I believe that they said, well get it out there today, and you misunderstood it that they were going to install it.
Speaker 18: I don't think you repeated it about seven times because it was an emergency. I couldn't breathe, and I said, I'm not trying it unless you agree to install it and show me how to use it. And seven six times, you know what.
Speaker 6: I even believe that that they might have exaggerated.
Speaker 5: I don't think now the individual salesperson might have done it to make a sale. But even but even so, you would have an impossible way for it be impossible to prove it.
Speaker 6: That's all we're.
Speaker 18: Saying, Drew, to find out if.
Speaker 6: They promise, okay, hold on, hold on is Chopper in the studio. Yes, I'm Shopper. He's gnawing on Shopper. I want you to call No hold on Drew, hold on everyone.
Speaker 5: I want Chopper to call, and I want him to make an inquiry if they promised to install it and did not.
Speaker 6: We'll do that.
Speaker 5: But listen, Drew, seriously, you're always honest to God, you're always on the war path with someone. I do listen with my ears.
Speaker 18: Police have the ID for the woman who lied. She was a big minority woman.
Speaker 5: What is he talking about now? God, we got to take it aver. I don't even know what the hell he's talking about now, A big yeah, a big old minority woman. Anyway, we got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 12: You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 5: When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, you're troubleshooter.
Speaker 6: Frank ran in real estate man.
Speaker 5: I'm giving you that name because he will do an analysis of your home and what it will sell for on the market. Right now, a lot of people are on sure what's going on with the interest rates, what's going on with the market, what's going on with supply and demand, what's going on with my comparables in my neighborhood. He'll look at all of those free, free of charge, complimentary. It's really not a drive by, trust me. It's a full analysis and he'll tell you what it will sell for on the market with his thirty years of experience. Frank randereal Estateman dot Com three h three nine two zero, sixteen twenty two. Laura has a problem with well, hold on, no, no, I got to go back to James. I'm so sorry I left off with James because Drew called. He was rear ended on I twenty five going north. They pulled over and he took a pick of the other guy's license.
Speaker 6: Did he take a picture of his driver's license or just the plate.
Speaker 15: Driver's license and the plate.
Speaker 6: Good deal, Okay, good good. So what's going on today, James?
Speaker 15: I called his supposed insurance company. I got no answer back from them, and I have pain in my neck and my leg since then, and I just don't know what to do.
Speaker 6: Well, you need to call John. I mean, I'll tell you what to do. Why wouldn't you call it? What you do, John, tell me what you would do in a case like this, James, what do you do in.
Speaker 5: A case like this where what if the guy just denied it happened altogether?
Speaker 6: Well, sometimes that happens. But James, who is the insurance company? We're dealing with.
Speaker 15: A rocket or something? It was not familiar with me, and and it wasn't his he couldn't show it was.
Speaker 6: Are you saying he was in a work truck it was a commercial policy, No.
Speaker 15: It was he was in his own I guess, private vehicle. It was an Audi Q three.
Speaker 6: Okay, So here's here's the situation.
Speaker 13: I mean, we you know, sometimes it's tough to get a hold of these companies, but we've we've been able to get a hold of most of them over the years. If the guy has insurance, we're going to be you know, mostly fine, and we'll be able to track them down. If you have insurance and we have full coverage and we have the option of at least starting the claim on your insurance. They have resources that we don't even have access to that can somehow see the existence of these other policies and assist us in actually getting to them, because any money that they don't have to pay, they prefer to not pay, and they'll actually help us find the exact policy that we're looking for on the other side.
Speaker 6: So we do have that option.
Speaker 13: Now, if you only have liability that complicates things a bit. That might put you in a position to where we have to track this person down and actually serve them and file a lawsuit against them to pursue your damages. As far as your injuries go. Then I don't know anything about you. But if you have the mandatory medical payments coverage on your policy, that's going to be step one to help you get some coverage. And then secondly, if you have private health insurance such as Medicaid, Medicare or even a private policy, that's going to be your secondary fallback for getting the care that you need. The rest of it we can take care of once we figure out this insurance.
Speaker 6: James, do you know if you have you?
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 6: Do you know your auto coverage?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 10: I have you I am good.
Speaker 13: So you're going to be covered, James, no matter what, even if this guy had no insurance at all, but you did the due diligence of getting those photographs of his of his insurance card and his license, you're going to be totally fine on your own insurance. And if it turns out he's got coverage, they're going to find that coverage and help us make the contact.
Speaker 6: We need to file the claim in the right place.
Speaker 7: When you go when you go after in a way like this, you're kind of going after your own insurance company because you bought the coverage. If someone hits you that's under insured or has no insurance, your insurance company steps up and basically pretends to be them.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So do you still need Do you still need an attorney at that point?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I think if your injuries are you know, serious injuries. We're not just talking a scrape or a bump, but a serious injury that needs treatment and evaluation, then I do think an attorney on your side is going to help you out. Unassure motors is a cool coverage because you buy it in the event that somebody else doesn't have the right coverage, And so the coolest thing about it is when you use it, the state law says they can't penalize you for it, and since you've already paid for it, there's really no downside to using that coverage. So, James, if you want to call my office later on, I'd be happy to walk you through in much greater detail how that whole process works. But there definitely are avenues that you can take to get some get some relief.
Speaker 14: Here more, what's your number?
Speaker 6: Start three three, five ninety seven forty five hundred.
Speaker 7: And that just John as a side note for people listening. I mean, we've had this conversation one hundred times. It's remarkable. We've had people that have two fifty five hundred in liability coverage and do not have you. I am so literally they're ensuring everybody else if they mess up, but they don't ensure themselves. Because where where does this mentality even come from? Is it the insurance companies?
Speaker 13: Well, I think personally this is a consequence of all the insurance companies making their insurance renewals and stuff online where people are just simply not informed about what the importance of these coverages are. I can't tell you how many people over the twenty almost four years that I've been doing this have sat down in my office and said, I have great coverage. I have a million dollar umbrella, and they tell me how great their liability coverage is, and they don't understand that that liability coverage does not cover them or their family one little bit when it comes to an accident that wasn't their fault. So it's important. Unsure Motorist is a critical coverage. I'm glad that you have that on your policy, James. That and medical payments are the two coverages I would never go without, and I'm glad you have them on your policy. So give me a call later on. I'm more than happy to help you out or at least guide you in the right direction.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, I have to take I have to take a break. But John, a quick question. Somebody wants to know. Do PI attorneys personal injury attorneys get a portion of what consumers collect on medpay as part of the total award.
Speaker 6: I have heard of companies that do that.
Speaker 13: I do not, and have not ever charged a penny for coordinating and helping out medical payments coverage. If you have it, it's your benefit is bought and paid for. I'll help you get the best use out of it.
Speaker 5: Oh that's really good to know. And that's John Fuller Fuller Law. More right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durant, the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, you're a troubleshooter zero three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: Uh Drew is back. He said he just talked to police.
Speaker 5: And Uh Drew, what's the latest on your case? Where you bought an air conditioner at home depot? You believe they intentionally lied to you to make the sale of a two hundred and eighty dollars air conditioner at the height of a heat wave, and although they couldn't keep him in stock, you said, they lied to you to get you to buy it immediately, and they dropped it off in your driveway, which caused you to almost die because it wasn't installed, and the police came and installed it for you. And it was a big grigamarole. So what's going on, Drew? What's the latest?
Speaker 18: First, you were somewhat supportive, Thank you, because you're wrong. When I was in their store, there were one hundred air conditioners right there. I'm sold they're trying to get rid of them.
Speaker 13: Okay, yeah, okay. You stuck it to him with your conditions and they agreed, got it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got it. Okay, So keep going. So keep going, Drew. What did you call about? Now?
Speaker 6: What about the police?
Speaker 18: Well, the police are going to go question to people. Now, that doesn't mean they're going to be sound guilty. But I used to be a state inspector. Unlike many that were cooking, I was very thorough. You'd be surprised when you're thorough, but you find if you're not lazy.
Speaker 5: Are you looking to get them charged at home depot with something.
Speaker 18: I know it depends what happened.
Speaker 7: He would be he would be happy to settle for some money. Tom, Come on, I'm curious, Drew.
Speaker 13: Within this heat wave, did you actually want to go outside and get out of your hot house and maybe try and get some cool breeze from a nearby park or something.
Speaker 6: You decided to stay home in the heat. He's crippled, but he walked or took a bus to home.
Speaker 5: Deep. No, But I want to know this though. I want to know what Drew. Listen, guys, hold on, man, hold on. I want to know what Drew wants the police to do. What does he expect they can do to home depot? Do you think there's some criminal negligence here, Drew?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 18: It's the only way you find out, fellows. When I was a state health inspector, like Colombo, you go ask the questions. If you don't just sit there drinking donuts and coffee. Yeah, they're going to at least.
Speaker 5: Why you really believe they're going to go to home depot and investigate.
Speaker 18: I know the officer who said he was going. He's a very honest man. I an't good me good DS news, CBS News was that my place for a half hour interviewing me? Filming me?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 18: If they took it? Seria could did it?
Speaker 12: Ever?
Speaker 5: I want to see what day did they interview you? I want to go look at it was a CBS in New York channel too.
Speaker 6: Yes, I've got a call.
Speaker 10: What day was it?
Speaker 6: What day was it, Drew that they interviewed you?
Speaker 18: I forgot the exact Thay, it was either Wednesday.
Speaker 7: First, let's go just go Nutcase, just google Nutcase called home depot.
Speaker 18: And once Mark, he is not a Christian, Drew Drew.
Speaker 7: Every time you call, how do you find yourself in these predicaments? For the life of me, I have never heard of anybody that has so many issues that's being alive.
Speaker 18: Are you gonna let me answer the question?
Speaker 11: Yes, all right.
Speaker 18: I am a true preacher from heavenly Father Jesus twice only, and Jesus said in the Bible, it's true people would be persecuted and be strangers on the earth, but they're the ones who enter heaven. So I preached the true Bible.
Speaker 5: And so you believe, you believe you're coming under fire because of your stance on faith.
Speaker 18: Why don't you read the book that is true Religion is false?
Speaker 5: It's an Amazon No, but you believe that's why you're coming under so much fire from people.
Speaker 11: Wait wait, wait.
Speaker 6: Is that your book? Seriously, Drew? Is that your book?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: What is it called?
Speaker 18: God is True? Religion is False?
Speaker 7: And that's on Amazon. God is True, Religion is false. I'm looking it up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I have to take I have to take this break. I have to take this break.
Speaker 5: One Clear Choice Garage Doors for your garage door needs. If you need an opener, a spring, a hingebolt cables, they'll come out to your house twenty four to seven, and of course that would only be for emergencies twenty four seven. But they're great people to call out for any garage door, any garage door issue. One clear Choice Doors dot Com simply the best seven two zero, three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven. Go with a sure Thing Denvers Best Roofer, Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find Out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. You know, truly, I have never had I don't know, I have never had more ridiculous calls over the years than from Drew.
Speaker 6: The man goes from one conflict to another. It's quite impressive. And he doesn't see it as that.
Speaker 5: He sees himself as a victim because he's a man of God. I mean truly, and look at it takes all kinds right, that's weird, Laura, Seriously, let's let's talk about this Richmond home thing. At least something we can probably help with. What's going on with your Richmond home?
Speaker 10: Hi? Thank you?
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 10: My husband I purchased this home four years ago, and about nine months ago he noted there was some separation of our side garage. It's a third car garage from the home. There's about a one to two inch gap up.
Speaker 3: By the roof and the gutter.
Speaker 5: Really you mean, wait a minute, So it's supposed to be attached, but you see you literally see them separating up at the roofline. Yes, and how many garages do you have? Is this just one garage?
Speaker 10: It's a three car garage okay.
Speaker 6: And that and it's separating where it meets the house, right, Okay? What are they doing about it?
Speaker 5: Not much?
Speaker 10: Well, let me back up. So we contacted Richmond first, but because we're over our one year when you purchase a new home, they would not cover anything. So they told us to go to our extended warranty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what they had, huh.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So we contacted them and let her know the situation. The lady that we talked to, they sent out whoever they send out. It wasn't engineers. They came later. They sent out some guys that evaluated the garage, did some measurements to see if it was something that was covered under the foundation art of the warranty. Right, So a couple months later, so in Novembers when they came out. In January, they contact us and said, yes, it will be covered, but we need to send engineers out to give us an estimate.
Speaker 15: So in April.
Speaker 10: We had engineers come out and they looked it over.
Speaker 9: We had believe it was three.
Speaker 10: Different companies that came and they said they would let the warranty folks know and then we'd be in.
Speaker 9: Contact with us.
Speaker 6: Okay, and when was that?
Speaker 5: When did they send out the people to assess the damage April?
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on and we'll come back to that. I'm Tom Martino. John Fuller's with us too.
Speaker 5: If you have any questions, problems, complaints three oh three Martino, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two d News.
Speaker 7: Need that so you don't have torn As fast as we can, Shoot's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Max is the Troubleshoot show No Tom Martine.
Speaker 6: I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: This hour brought to you by Wave eight Wealth Management, the firm that I began to manage my portfolio and then started opening up to others where we are directly involved with your portfolio alongside my money, and we are we will share each and every trade, every single transaction we've ever done to assure you of what we do, and we do it directly. We do not farm your money off three zero three seven seven to one help or Wave eight Capital dot com.
Speaker 6: The number eight. Laura, this is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: She has a house where the three car garage, the attached garage is separating from the main building. Obviously a problem the structural warranty people, because that's what they are.
Speaker 6: After the first year, they said, yeah.
Speaker 5: We'll cover this, and they sent out people to assess the damage in April.
Speaker 6: So what happened, so okay.
Speaker 10: So they came back in May, the warranty company and offered us a the evaluation and a settlement to take and then we could hire any company we wanted to, or we could use the one that that How.
Speaker 6: Much of a settlement are they offering.
Speaker 10: It's like forty eight hundred ish right in there, a little over forty six thousand.
Speaker 6: That sounds light to me.
Speaker 10: Well, that's only to push the garage back.
Speaker 6: Up, you know, like wait, wait, wait, I'm sorry, like mud jacket or what.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they're going to go like four feet down and do yeah, something to bring it back up.
Speaker 6: But they're probably doing peers to bedrock.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So, but they won't cover anything that has happened because of this happening, which is a lot of other stuff going on. Well, we have the room that's right below that garage is there's a crack on the ceiling. There's the cracks above the garage door. All around that garage. It's a stucco in that area, and it's just craps. And the guy told us, well, when we raise it, they should all go back together.
Speaker 5: But well it will, but then you have to have a patch. They will go back together, and then you have to have them masked. You know, it's cosmetic.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, there's more.
Speaker 10: The roof they told us, This is from the engineers. The roof they told us, is so far stretched that if they raise it, the roof could buckle. And when I let the warranty people know that. They said, well, we don't cover anything else just to lift it. So any other damage I'm assuming is on us. We have water leaks where the roof is stretched, Like directly below is our laundry rooms and a hallway, and we have water leaks and what looks like mold spots. So the damage from the roof being stretched, and.
Speaker 6: I don't understand what that means. The roof being stretched.
Speaker 5: That part I don't understand at all, because if the house comes together, that the roof, I mean, you have plywood, you have plywood for the decking, and you have roof material. So what do they mean by the roof being stretched?
Speaker 6: Who told you that?
Speaker 10: One of the engineers that came out. If you look more shingles, they're like waves going across that area.
Speaker 5: Well, I understand that, but that's a very very simple repair.
Speaker 6: That's what that is.
Speaker 5: Is you reroof that area, you blend in and reroof that area. It might need some new planks. I don't know if it warped your decking, but that's what it sounds like. The shingles simply go over the decking. What I would do is have a professional roofer look at it and not these other clowns. I mean, just because they're engineers doesn't mean they know about the roof, right. But in any case, no matter what, that's neither here nor there. The basic is this, does the forty six thousand cover your settlement?
Speaker 6: And by terms of the warranty?
Speaker 5: Are they truly not responsible for the other subsequential damage? To find out, you need to read your structural warranty. It's all going to be a matter of contract, right, John Fuller, Attorney at Law.
Speaker 6: It's a matter of contract.
Speaker 5: Right. We all agree to these when we buy houses.
Speaker 6: We just don't ever look at them.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I mean the statutes that dictate you know, the warranties and stuff, and the remedies that you have against contractors is all really framed by the warranty itself. I mean, that's really the starting place that you need to look at. So have you have you done that or have you had anybody look at that for you? Or did you guys have an attorney on this?
Speaker 10: We don't have an attorney. That's kind of what I was.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's what you need to do.
Speaker 5: I'm going to give you some steps and we and you have the name of the attorney we want to use.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, hold on, let me give you that.
Speaker 5: We have an excellent attorney. We want you to consult. But Laura, here's how we want you to consult, if you listen carefully. Number one, I want you to bring the engineer's report, and then I want you to get a roofing report, and I want you to get a report from people who can fix the cosmetic damages.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I want you to use the structural.
Speaker 5: Warranties report, but I want you to do your own report on the cometic damage and the roof damage. For the roof damage, I would call Excel Roofing. They're excellent and they can assess everything and they do. They have a repair crew as well, but they can assess that damage and again they will never ask for a penny. I would call ex Cel. It's excel as an excellent ex c e l Excel roofing dot com. It's three oh three seven six one sixty four hundred. They will be the best. They will look at that and tell you if it's buckling.
Speaker 6: And what needs to be done. So that's Excel roofing dot Com.
Speaker 5: By the way, for anyone listening for any of the roofing needs three three seven sixty one sixty four hundred. Now, having said all that, I want to tell you that you also then call someone for cosmetic repairs. That's someone who can come in and do all of your drywall repair and you're stuck or repair. So that is a separate estimate. Then when you consult your attorney, what I want you to ask this is the main thing we're consulting. Does the warranty you have to have a copy of the warranty? Does it cover this stuff or not? Because if he sees that it does not cover it, you may not waste your time fighting them.
Speaker 6: It may be just that it doesn't cover it.
Speaker 5: If he sees some holes in the warranty language or where one caused another and it would be covered, then he'd be the first.
Speaker 6: To tell you. So now we're going to give you that referral.
Speaker 9: Do you have that.
Speaker 1: You want to call? So in Parker there's a law firm called Hollington Law Firm.
Speaker 6: Hollington is Hollington h O L L I N G T O N Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the gentleman you want to speak with is Neil Hollington. And this is precisely the type of law he specializes in.
Speaker 6: And his phone number you ready, yep?
Speaker 2: Three zero three two seven six two six four seven, And Neil Hollington offers a free initial consultation. So, yeah, you got nothing to lose by driving over to Parker and meeting with him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you want to have your cosmetic repairs, your roofing repairs, and your engineers repairs along with a copy of that warranty.
Speaker 6: Do you have a copy of that structural warranty?
Speaker 5: But I do, excellent, So you're an excellent shape to get started right now and then let us know what happens and Neil Hollington and if he takes the case, believe me, it's going to be worth it.
Speaker 6: Construction defect is a big deal.
Speaker 5: However, there could be specific things you disclaimed, John Fuller. Isn't it possible that in the structural warranty they can simply disclaim other stuff and say, if a covered warranty item causes some other items that are uncovered, then we exclude them.
Speaker 6: Can't they do that?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Or they can at least attempt to do that. I mean, there's plenty of contracts out there that attempt to thwart the law essentially and set different standards. Some of those are enforceable, some of them are not. You really have to consult with an attorney and have them review the parameters of that agreement. Understand that Richmond Homes is a national corporation. Okay, so they're building homes in all fifty states, and their warranty is likely the same for all of those states. But not every state has the exact same laws or construction defect you know, protections in place. So sometimes the provisions and those warranties are just completely not enforceable in one state, whereas in another one they may be completely enforced.
Speaker 6: I got it. You got to buy that out to your to your situation, all right. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: Compass Insurance doing free insurance checkups the Insurancehealthcenter dot com. Make sure you got the right coverage, not paying too much or you're not under insured three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 12: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 11: What's up? Oh Hi?
Speaker 6: Tom Artino here?
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three.
Speaker 6: Eight two five five all right.
Speaker 5: Mike has a comment on this garage situation on a new home after a year. Warranty builders still can be held liable for defects, but they have to be pretty bad. And it's a very difficult area of law construction defects. But you know, we've seen attorneys very successful at it. But what they do they like to send you to the structural warranty and then the structural warranty will cover certain situations. Mike has a comment on Laura's situation where her three car garage was separating from the home.
Speaker 6: What is your comment on this, Mike?
Speaker 16: It sounds like she's in over her head and I'm wondering if she would be better served by contacting Genesis or a comprehensive bid on what it would take to restore her situation, and also contacting your independent insurance adjuster to help her fight the fight.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, assurance adjuster.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure an independent insurance and jujuster can help with a warranty like that.
Speaker 6: I don't think. I don't think it can. But I'm wondering about the other thing you said.
Speaker 5: And what I did tell her to do is to get already an estimate on the cosmetic repairs and then to get an estimate on the roof repairs and combine that with an estimate from the engineers. So what would be different from what you're suggesting that what I'm suggesting I told her to get those together and then to consult Neil Hollington, a construction defect attorney.
Speaker 6: Isn't that really? Aren't we both saying the same thing?
Speaker 16: Well, but with your suggestions, she's contacting multiple trades and there may be things that are left out because this trade didn't cover it and this trade did not as well. Whereas Genesis can take a look at the situation from a total package stand, Yeah.
Speaker 6: They could. They could nothing left out. That's one possibility.
Speaker 5: For sure that I see what you're saying, or what you're saying is a general contractor basically who can look at the whole job and say, here are the elements, this is what needs to be done in addition to the engineer's report.
Speaker 6: That's not a bad idea.
Speaker 5: So she could call a roofer, she can call cosmetic repair, she could call and I would think, you know, one contractor like a Genesis would be smart as well. Again, I think what she has to do though, is definitely definitely see this construction defect attorney and.
Speaker 6: Construction defects never used to be an area of law. I mean people would build a house, sell a house, and you were done with it.
Speaker 5: The laws have been changed a bit to favor consumers over the years, and they can bring lawsuits and there have been a lot of successes. The one thing that is very difficult in construction defect is funding it. You don't always get attorney's fees and that can be cost prohibitive sometimes. That's why you need a good attorney who is used to uh fighting these things and can go for attorney's fees. Three oh three Martino is our number three oh three six, two seven eight four sixty six. John Fuller in the house. We've been talking to him on and off about different things, Sir John. Someone wants to know if you have an umbrella policy, does that ever come back and cover you with your uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage? Is it an umbrella over that kind of coverage or only over harm you do to others?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Not by default, Tom. You know, it's it's funny. I just renewed my umbrella policy yesterday. Yes, And I always tell people, you know, you go, at least the company that I use it has me fill out a questionnaire every year, you know, have you had any accidents, have you been sued, or you know, anything like that, just to assess whether the risk profile has changed. But then towards the end of it, it says, you understand that uninsured motorists is available under this policy, but you have to pay separate for it.
Speaker 6: Do you want to buy it?
Speaker 13: And I always go absolutely in the same amount that I'm buying the umbrella, And so you know, for me, it was an extra, it was an extra like four hundred bucks, but that was a five million dollar umbrella. So it's very very cheap to add on that coverage. Not every umbrella company will do it. I'm led to believe.
Speaker 7: State Farm, All State. A lot of them simply do not offer a John. I had to go to an outside car well, and I do as well.
Speaker 13: I have USAA as a primary company, but they don't individually offer it, but they have this relationship with a company called RLI and that's who I buy the umbrella with. So it's it's important enough that if your company doesn't offer it, go to a different company.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's just that simple.
Speaker 13: You can only protect yourself by buying uninsured motorist coverage on your policy, and you generally can only buy it in the amounts that your underlying liability is for.
Speaker 6: And that's you know, that's critical. This is a little outside.
Speaker 7: But if someone has an umbrella but they accidentally lowered their liability on their standard insurance, say they're only at one hundred and two fifty, and the umbrella doesn't pick up to a half a million John, if this is making sense, would it still pay after that gap?
Speaker 13: You know, in my policy it says very clearly, you understand you have to maintain this level of coverage, right, I respect that. What would happen is if they still if they didn't consider that an outright breach, they would certainly not pick up coverage until that threshold amount that you were supposed to have that was reached.
Speaker 6: So in other words, if you lowered.
Speaker 13: It to one hundred, but you were supposed to have two fifty, they wouldn't cover any of those damages from one hundred up to two fifty, and they would pick up at two fifty and one dollars, you know, of the damages. That's that's my guess, But some of them may very well say we're just flat not gonna cover it at all, because.
Speaker 5: In other words, you've breached your contracts with us. You bet, you bet, so keep that in mind, folks. What we're talking about is this, if you get an umbrella policy, that umbrella policy will have requirements for underlying coverages. Obviously they don't want you to, you know, to ensure for the bare minimum, and then they become your primary insurance. The umbrella is only supposed to be for excess liability.
Speaker 7: And if you go in just on that same strain there, what is the average, like, how many accidents over the years you've been doing this? John really hit that five hundred thousand dollars or I'm sorry, more than five hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: I mean like one percent. Yeah, probably, okay, and that's why umbrellas are so cheap, one to five percent.
Speaker 13: But I mean, it's how many accidents do We run out of coverage all the time, all the time? Okay, But running out of coverage on a twenty five thousand dollars policy or a fifty thousand dollars policy, and that's not hard to do. But running out of coverage on a half a million or a million or something like that, that takes significantly more dan.
Speaker 7: A lot of people don't realize. They think, oh, well, fifty thousand dollars in coverage. We'll think about this. If someone runs through a red light and hits multiple people, you could be talking ten different people splitting fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, you could.
Speaker 13: The other thing is people here, there's a million dollars of coverage, and they automatically think I get a million dollars, And that's not the case. You still have to have damages that warrant that the true measure of the value of your case is what some hypothetical jury would award for those damages, and then we look to see if the insurance coverage is there to make you hold based upon those damages pre.
Speaker 5: Three seven, one, three eight, two five five What home delivery services rate one two and three. I'll tell you that coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here, I want to talk to Steve about Laura's issue. We have a comment, Steve, go ahead, What is your comment on Laura's issue with the garage coming off the house on a Richmond home.
Speaker 9: Well, what I was wondering is there any experts out there that could determine when that started, because maybe it started under the other warranty.
Speaker 5: Hmm, under if it started during the first year. However, it's been four years. I think it would be too difficult to go retroactive.
Speaker 7: Well you know, if I don't, you might be able to go retriate wreck retro thank you, But.
Speaker 6: I don't know how you would ever prove that. I don't know when you could.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that was what I was wondering, if anybody could do that, just I didn't realize it was four years.
Speaker 5: But yeah, you know, I think and I'm not even sure by the way, that that matters. Sometimes warranty issues are when you report them or when you should have reported them, when you should have known about them.
Speaker 13: Right, and then you've been your statute of repose too that no matter what, they have to be done before a certain amount. So it's kind of like a double a double statute of limitations.
Speaker 14: If their doors didn't close for a while and they didn't realize that was what was cousmic.
Speaker 9: That was kind of where I was thinking of.
Speaker 5: But it's sometimes on the consumer, but it's sometimes I'm the consumer to.
Speaker 6: Investigate and find out that's why they have that should.
Speaker 14: Have known.
Speaker 9: So fine, That just was the thought I had.
Speaker 6: Got it all right, thanks Steve.
Speaker 5: Uh And then we have another Steve wants to talk about beer, and this is our good old beer, our brewer at rock and Roll Dot Beer. Rock and Roll Dot Beer. This is a really long special weekend. Do you have special things going on every day or what's going on?
Speaker 6: Steve?
Speaker 9: Well, I wish it was every day. It's just Saturdays. But this Saturday, everybody's been waiting for the American flag. I have a special It's a polyester and standex special material, super cool wrap American flag shirt with our logo on it. And they just came in. I know Mark wanted one first thing when he went to the brewery. The first thing he said, Hey, you got an American flag shirt? I said, on order, But they're here now.
Speaker 6: So it's an American flag shirt. Yeah, if you go to rock and Roll Dot Beer, I think you can see it.
Speaker 9: Okay, gunline and you know should be under a shop online or something. Look on there and there's a special on them that will.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, oh yeah, it's really cool.
Speaker 12: It's really cool, really light material for hot weather.
Speaker 9: It's it's really nice. The Mango shirts the same material. But anyway, we're I'm doing something special this weekend. First of all, there was a lot of tree orders, so I've already sold a bunch of these online. People were waiting for them, so I have a lot left. So I'm going to if somebody buys two of them this weekend, I'm going to give them a free upgrade to the brew Fest from general admission to all Access pass. And what that does is that's going to give you a seven piece Famous Days dinner, free NASCAR ticket, free, you can win a guitar. There's a lot of value in that. So you know, just just for buying a couple of shirts, I'm going to give you a free upgrade from general admissions twenty five dollars at the Brewfest for for August second, and the all access is forty five dollars, which is really.
Speaker 6: A super Yeah, but this for this weekend, there's no price. People can just show up, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, people going to show up. You can buy online right now and bring your receipt in and this weekend, and I'll give you your free beer. I'm gonna give you if you buy two shirts, I'm gonna give you pre one one pre beer.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me get this straight. Then, well there, let me get this straight.
Speaker 5: So we have Saturday, August seventh, from two to ten is the brew VIP Brew Festival right at your beer garden.
Speaker 9: Yep, Okay, it's gonna be the brew Festival twenty twenty five brewing beers for forty years. I've been brewing commercially for forty years. Okay, So that's gonna be our Brewfest August second, so day after my birthday, Okay, made it to be. I'll be sixty nine.
Speaker 5: That's that's separate from that's separate from this weekend. So I don't want him to get it confused. This weekend is not the Brewfest.
Speaker 9: This weekend is no just a little you know, we're gonna have a little special things for the Fourth of July weekend. But it's gonna be this shirt's gonna be on sale. If you buy a co all of them, I'm gonna give you a free beer. I'm gonna give you if you buy a couple of them and you want to get into the Brew Fast, I'm gonna give you that special deal right upgrade to all right, right, you know, so this weekend is this shirt is really cool. They're gonna they're probably gonna sell out and I'll reorder them, but there is okay, when you see it, you'll know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So the brew fest itself is August seventh, from two to ten on Saturday. A second, second, second, That's why I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I didn't say that.
Speaker 5: I thought I did August second, two to ten and to find out more about it, rock and roll Dot beer and then this Saturday, like this Saturday, it's the regular beer garden. And somebody wanted to know, and I put this away from the last time you're on. Do you just show up at the beer gardener? Do you have to have a time? In other words, is it like because they heard it was limited, do you have to call ahead and get a slot.
Speaker 9: No, you can come anytime you want from two pm to nine pm. But it doesn't cost anything to reserve the time. The more people know about us, Tom, because this is still new here, it's going to start getting a little more you know, a little more chance of capacity being filled up. But I'm going to be asking for more capacity in more days because we want to get a food truck and you know, I can't justify a food truck for Saturdays only.
Speaker 5: How many people are you right now? How many people. Are you limited to right now on a Saturday.
Speaker 9: On Saturday, yeah, twenty five on a Saturday, and the special event August seven, well.
Speaker 7: Hold on, hold on, I want to clarify for you, Steve. It's twenty five at a time, Tom, so you know when people leave people can come in.
Speaker 9: Right yes, yes, yes, and then also seventy five for the special event August second, seventy five at a time. Now that one, now, when that sells out, it'll be uh it'll probably just be, you know, not really open to the public, but that one's gonna sell out, I believe. And I'll tell you what you know, your callers. If somebody uh Go does the reservation for that FRU festival today from your show, I'm gonna give them. Don't tell anybody else this is near to happen other than your callers. I'm gonna give them a free American UH flag T shirt. If we pay for the for the all access pass, I'm gonna give them one free T shirt and then I'm gonna kill myself. They call oh Man money.
Speaker 5: So if you call today and you reserve for August second, if you reserve for August second for the all if you buy the all Access vi P pass for forty five bucks. By the way, that includes a famous Dave's Barbecue dinner and a VIP NASCAR race ticket, one free craft beer. You're also going to get that special American Flag T shirt. That is a really cool shirt. They flag wraps all the way around.
Speaker 9: They're getting eighty dollars worth of stuff. Plus I'm gonna give him the American Flag T shirt. But that's only today, and that's only from your callers.
Speaker 6: Okay, only for my callers today. And where do they call today?
Speaker 9: Well, they don't have to call. They can just book it online. And just when they're booking online, they can call me, you know, they you know, contact me from the website or email me whatever and just say I heard you on the show today, and I'm gonna get I'm gonna go put them on a list to give him a T shirt.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: Let's I mean, it's great pushing all this, but let's think of the beer. His beer is unbelievable. He's got seventeen different kinds. This guy's been brewing for half his life, if not longer. And I don't care if you like IPA's, I don't care what you like he's gonna have a beer you love, and he doesn't skimp on the ingredients.
Speaker 6: I mean, this guy uses Primo Preme. Yeah yeah, and Mark knows this beer. They love it.
Speaker 9: You got to come and try the bourbon. The bourbon beer is done now. I will be selling it this Saturday. I've already sold some last Saturday. It's the Bourbon Aged special ale this. I have so much money in this beer, it's crazy. I mean, you know, you wouldn't believe what you have to do to get that bourbon conditioning. It's really really good. You need to you know, you'll love it.
Speaker 5: I believe you, brother. Okay, rock and roll Dot Beer, rocknroll dot Beer. More coming up