Speaker 1: I'm Jesse Jackson Junior. Welcome forward to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show on KBLA Talk fifteen Haiti. We've been having a fascinating conversation about the state of Palestinian people in Dagaza. Our very special guest has been a doctor Ania Decock, Head of Policy and Laison Unit with the United Nations Population Fund Humanitarian Office. Doctor decc provides UNFPA country and regional offices with advice on policy coordination and technical support related to humanitarian preparedness, emergency response, disaster, risk reduction, recovery and resilience. Her goal and role is to advance the gender equality, to promote sexual and reproductive health and rights, including minstrel health, mental health and psychosocial support for book and respond to gender based violence issues in humanitarian settings. Doctor Decock, welcome forward to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, Jesse. I'm so glad to be with you today.
Speaker 1: You know, in the first hour we talked about some of the difficulties of pregnancies within the Gaza and the circumstances under which children are born into the world. Under those particular circumstances, I can only imagine that the ability to deliver mental health services to women who are struggling with difficult pregnancies and the trauma of war itself must be its own unique challenge. I can imagine in this moment that mental health services are probably the very last available services given the urgent need for other critical care in the in the maternal process. Doctor de Coca, Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know the reality of the matter.
Speaker 3: Yes, mental health and psychosocial support has been needed in Gaza for many years. There has been a lot of work on mental health and psycho social support because of you know, this is a generational trauma. This is not just yesterday trauma. It's not twenty twenty three trauma. It's a trauma since nineteen forty eight going onward.
Speaker 2: So it's a generational trauma.
Speaker 3: We talk about it really, you know, like you are talking about people who are born in refugee camps and you know they have to survive on a daily basis and really be able to.
Speaker 2: Grow and rebuild.
Speaker 3: And have families. So it's not an easy situation. Currently, mental health is number one needed. Plus you know, maternal health is very needed. Everything is needed at the moment, you know, like you are talking about also, you know, bad water and sanitation situation where a lot of.
Speaker 2: Water born diseases.
Speaker 3: Are happening and infections because of lack of sanitation, and these are the situation that a lot of the children, the newborns are facing. You know, if you don't have clean water, what are you going? And it's the only water that you could have is the seawater. Otherwise, you know, there is no other water coming like clean water into Gaza. So it's very difficult to like to truly understand that when you don't have electricity, you don't have water, you don't have you know, university schools, medical health care, attacks mentally everybody, you know what I mean. It's like eighty percent of mental health issues is daily life issues. If you improve the situation, a lot of people could improve. But if doesn't happen, then these people are going to really suffer.
Speaker 2: Postraumatic syndrome. You know a lot of children.
Speaker 3: Then sleep, you know, they have nightmares, bedwetting, you know, you name it. A lot of women have you know a lot of depressions that we are dealing with a lot of stress and depression and so a lot of people are suffering. Elderly there is a lot of children who have been an accompanied at the moment because their family members have died and there's nobody else to take care of them.
Speaker 2: Plus they might be also injured on top of that.
Speaker 3: So I think, you know, this is not the first time that there is you know, these type of attacks. Twenty eighteen, there was you know, another one in two thousand and nine, there was several of these type of situations where Gaza was attacked and people were bombed in their houses and many families actually have have just been whipped out of the Silver history. They are not there anymore because they have just died. You know, we are talking about more than seventy one thousand that have died like because of the war, but we are not talking about the numbers that are dying because of the unhealthy conditions that they are living in. So that's another thing that we really need to understand that, you know, people are dying also from infections, people are dying from hypothermia, People are dying from different things because of the conditions that they.
Speaker 2: Are living in.
Speaker 3: So you are not talking about only the seventy one thousand that were wounded and died, you know, like the seventy one died because of you know, shrapnels, bombs and all of that. But we also are talking about people who are dying because there is no medical care available at the moment.
Speaker 1: To that, I know that we're going to be coming forward in about thirty seconds. And so that's that's how we saying that we have a break here on Kibi only top fifteen to eighty. But who speaks for the people of the Gaza.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's again, you know what I mean, nobody is listening to the people of Gaza. The people of Gaza who basically were on social media, you know what, they were speaking about what is happening to them on a daily basis. The UN is speaking about what is happening on a daily basis. The civil society, you know, the international civil society, who have been witnessing, who have actually been on the ground in Gaza. They are witnessing and they are talking about what is happening to the Gaza people. I think the UN has spoken so many times about the situation in Gaza, but nobody is listening at the moment.
Speaker 2: Also, Israel has spared.
Speaker 3: A lot of the you like, not only the you An agency, but the International Jeels also from non governmental organization.
Speaker 1: Doctor we come forward will have more discussions on editions of the Palestindians in the Gaza and in the West Bank. I'm Jesse Jackson Junior. Listen Jesse Jackson Junior Show on Cabulity Talk fifteen eighty more when we come forward. Jesse Jackson Junior. Welcome Ford to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show. Before joining the United Nations, doctor Ania Decock in June of two thousand and four was the Director of Relief and Development Programs with International Medical Corps. She managed and developed technical aspect of service delivery programming to improve quality of care within IMC global programs and relief and development settings throughout Africa, Central Asia, the Middle East, Southeast Asia. She's also worked as technical advisor for the Reproductive Health in Conflict Consort. Doctor Deacock, Welcome forward to the Jesse Jackson Juniors. Will thank you, Jesse, and I know that we're in a little bit of a challenge with the siren that's in the background. I can understand that.
Speaker 2: New York.
Speaker 1: So I did want to ask you and this is our final segment, and I'm so grateful that you were able to stay with us from from your perspective, other than the United Nations, are there other partners around the world that are stepping up to address the humanitarian crisis that exists in the Gaza and in the West Bank?
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yes, there are a lot of international non governmental organization that has worked in Palestine, in Gaza, West Bank and Isjerus and for many.
Speaker 2: Years, for many decades. I can name few of them.
Speaker 3: Care International International Rescue Committee, International Medical Core Project, Hope, you know, there are OXFAM.
Speaker 2: Catholic Relief Services. All of them are you know, are part and.
Speaker 3: Parcel of the international community that existed and still exists in Palestine. Although recently, you know, there was an order to really uh not provide authorization for international uh non governmental organization to work in in in Palestine, in the West Bank and in Gaza and is Jerusalem. So this is something that was you know, like sort of a band of international organization from really working and supporting the Palestinian community to really survive the situation that they are living under at the moment. So it's very important that the international community continued to be present, especially like the non governmental organization to be present and be able to see what's going on and be also the eyes and ears for the Palestinian people well in Galza, West Bank and Jerusalem. So and it's Jerusalem. These are still you know, is Jerusalem. Although it was annex by by Israel, it's still you know, I mean, not considered an Israeli territory by international community. It's still contested area and never like the issue of Jerusalem, have never been resolved at all.
Speaker 2: So I think this is very very.
Speaker 3: Important issue that still people don't you know, understand that there are a Palestinian community in Jerusalem that has at the moment not a lot of support also from the international community, if these organizations stop being there and active in providing support. So I think we need the international community to continue being in Galza, West Bank and Jerusalem.
Speaker 1: I'd like to take this opportunity to shared just a little bit of my family's history in this conflict. My mother was a close and dear friend of the late Anhwar Sadata, the late president of Egypt, and even when I was a member of Congress, I spent number of trips meeting with Hosny and Mubarak. The success to anwar Sadat in Egypt and worked very closely with the Foreign Operations Committee, the House Appropriations Committee with their security services as well. But when my mother met with Yasser Arafat in the late seventies, shared with her that he was willing to talk with the Israetans. My mother returned to the United States, she met with her close and dear friend whom she had the privilege of marching with in the late sixties, Andrew Young, whom Jimmy Carter had appointed to the UN Security Council as Ambassador to the United Nations. During this particular cycle he was President of the Security Council. He met with my mother and my mother shared with him her good friend Andy. She said, Andy, listen, you need to talk to the Palestinians because they're willing to talk with the Israelis. Andy Young, as President of the Security Council, clearly within his rights as President of the Security Council, had a private meeting with Palestinian leadership, and he was fired by President Jimmy Carter for having that meeting. And the firing of Andy Young led to a rift between African Americans and Jewish people. That is a fact even until this day that the most prominent African American, the most promising disciple of Martin Luther King Junior, who would later of course go on to become a Congressman, and the mayor of Indiana could be fired by the former I'm sorry, the mayor of Atlanta, by the former Governor of Georgia in the capacity as President of the United Nations. And so African Americans have directly and indirectly been involved in the conflict for eight number of years. I as a member of Congress to work with Ariel Charon. I also worked with Benjamin nat in Yahoo. I spent a significant amount of time in the West Bank with Saab Erakat as well as other Palestinian leadership at chief negotiators on behalf of the two state solution. And so these aren't just policy prescriptions. So these are between I know myself, but certainly Anaya and p l DA Silva. We are long standing negotiators for peace in the region. That isn't just a function of where do you stand on this? Where do you stand on that? No, we've been there for forty years and longer. We've been part of a broad discussion and some of that discussion, of course here domestically in the United States in the end would lead to relationship building, growth, and even challenges between Blacks and Jewish people here in the United States, laying the foundation for you know, better and broader relationships in the tradition of Martin Luther King Junior and Abraham and Abraham Heschel, Rabbi Abraham Heschel who marked with doctor King in the Deep South. And so there is a kinship that we have with both the global jewelry in that we both exited a slave system. Of course, they exited a faronic slave system. Let my people go, and we exited a slave system too. Amend the Constitution of the United States because these states wouldn't let us out of the peculiar institution of slavery. We share so much in common, but we also share in the self determination and the rights of Palestinian people to be able to live free, to have life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I felt compelled to share that little bit of history Ania, because it is who we are. It is it is ingrained in who we are. The Palesinian babies and mothers should not be suffering at this hour. Neil, let me ask you this question before we before we shut down our program. We have about six minutes remaining with you on the program, and we close at the hearts. There's a hard stop at the thirty. Can you share with us the hope that you have for Palestinian people in the next let's say, five minutes.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, I think every Palestinian across the globe, you know, and I'm talking about you know, Palestinians who are currently in Gaza, Palestinian who are currently in the West Bank, in Jerusalem, and the refuge camps in Jordan, Lebanon, and in refugee camps of Syria and in the Aspera. Okay, we are talking about you know, the refugees, like five point nine million refugees, Palestinian refugees in in the the Aspera.
Speaker 2: Uh and and and they all, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, of course the numbers is more than that across the globe. But I think everybody wants peace, They want self determination. They want also the ability to to have the freedom to decide for themselves and not anybody deciding on their behalf.
Speaker 2: I think that's very important.
Speaker 3: And and also you know, like blaming the Palestinian for everything.
Speaker 2: That happened to the Jewish people. This is absolutely ridiculous, you know what I mean. It's it's not that the Palestinian are the investigator of what happened to the Jews during Second World War Two. We all know and we sympathize, you know, I mean about what happened, and nobody wants to see another Second World War two happening. And we don't want to see another you know, genocide happening in the world.
Speaker 3: And I think what we want is also for us, you know, I mean to be able to live freely, return to our homes, be able to rebuild our lives, or to be you know, some sort of preparation because you know, like this is not going.
Speaker 2: To go away. You know, these people are not going to go away.
Speaker 3: We are existing, We are we have a voice, and we are people of this world. We have the same rights as everybody. This is part of the You and Human Rights shorter. We have the right to decide for ourselves and at the moment, we are not being able to decide for ourselves, and people are deciding on our behalf on a daily basis. You know, the peace process, you know, where is the peace process?
Speaker 2: It's almost dead, Okay, it's almost dead.
Speaker 3: Like the two state solutions, it never been you know, I mean implemented, and it wasn't because of the Palestinians.
Speaker 2: That wasn't implemented. So I think what we need, you.
Speaker 3: Know, what I mean is really a comprehensive new narrative of peace and reconciliation. As you have said, Jesse, you know, we have to come together. There is no like this is one land that basically has to have the two people living together.
Speaker 2: There is no other alternatives.
Speaker 3: There is no other alternatives except to have peace over Nonie.
Speaker 1: I think about the I really appreciate. I appreciate what you said. You know, I think, I think the trauma between both sides has been so great for so long and so difficult that I even shared with Prime Minister not in Yahoo, that I wish there were some way that students could exchange, be exchanged on both sides of the border, so that a new generation could enjoy themselves socially and culturally and engage not in a segregated, across the fence relationship, but a spiritually integrated relationship. We play soccer together, baseball together, and.
Speaker 2: Have the same rights, you know, the same right.
Speaker 1: But it may have to start incrementally with a generation that isn't as hardened as some of the professionals and some of the older generations that have experienced so much trauma together. I'm just talking about there's so many things that my son, when he talks to me at twenty two years old, I'm like, what are you talking about? And then he, you know, he calls his friends call me unk. I'm like, unk, I'm not an old man. I mean, when when did that?
Speaker 2: When did That's hard?
Speaker 1: So there's like a world that they understand that is not our own, and I almost don't want to share with them the mistakes that we've made when they are a lot less wed to the idea of the way their parents felt or thought. They've gone to school with Jewish students, They've gone to school with Palestinians and Arab Americans, They've they're a lot less hung up on some of the stuff that our parents are hung up on. And I wish there were this environment where there were trust built amongst a generation of people who are willing to build it in the space, in safe spaces. And I don't know if that's all all the way possible, but Ane, I'm so grateful that you spent this hour with us on the Jesse jack hour and a half with us on the Jesse Jackson Junior Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, and I am glad to be with you all. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I hope that you'll come back and join us some other time. Yes, Doctor Hannia, it's been our very special guest for the last hour and a half. More on the Jesse Jackson Junior Show. When we come forward on K Billy Talking, Thank you. I'm Jesse Jackson Jr. Welcome forward to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show. It's Wealthy Wednesdays on the Jesse Jackson Junior Show. And before I bring up our next guest. In case you're wondering why your text messages are not working, it's because Verizon is out over large parts of the country. That's why your text messages are coming back. That's why your cell phone may not be working. And you might be asking yourself, did they receive my check or did they pay the bill or did they withdraw the money from my account? No, they bound And that's that's like to leave us naked in the wintertime because we can't text, we can't call, can't see what's going on in the world, including our live news programming, and so I want to let you know that's exactly what's happening with your phone. Verizon is having a kind of power or system outage at this hour, and I want to bring that to everyone's attention. Our very special guest in this hour is Mike Worldwide pr alum John Diggles, who serves as CEO and founder of ash Shint Strategies. He's not here yet, but when he does come, he will have already been introduced providing services in digital transformation, corporate storytelling, employer brand strategy, marketing, or clinical research and return on investment measurement. The agency's IP uses proprietary communications algorithms combining online community insights with medical professionals perspectives, patient observations, and market data to promote adoption telemedicine, remote patient monitoring, and healthcare artificial intelligence, among other offerings. When John Diggles comes onto the program, we're going to talk about a little bit of that, but a lot more than that. John has one of the best and brightest minds in the public relations space bar Nune, and he's using and maximizing technology to get that done, but I'm particularly honored in this hour, even though I don't think she's turned up her microphone and roadcaster. The producer and creator of the Jesse Jackson Junior self Tina Town's welcome forward to the show.
Speaker 4: Oh Jesse, Oh Jesse. It's only Wednesday. What am I doing here?
Speaker 1: I know it's supposed to be fat meat Fridays, but it can be fat meat. Wednesday's a lot of fat meat in the last ninety minutes.
Speaker 4: Though, Gina, I understand, Oh my god, there has been sure.
Speaker 1: I'm not completely taken aback by the humanitarian crisis that's taking place in that part of the world. But under the Trump regime, there's probably going to be a humanitarian crisis taking place in almost every country in the world if he has he has his say, because he's destabilizing, as doctor Deacoq said, he's to stabilizing all of the norms in systems, not only in South America, trying to destabilize Nigeria, threatening Cuba and Colombia. Meeting today with the Foreign Minister and the Prime Minister of Greenland. And even though the United States has provided significant security for the State of Israel, by the way, which the state of Israel does need, it does need to be secure. There is now an open discussion about what the President of the United States is committing himself to do in Iran. In light of the more than twenty four hundred protesters who have been killed or murdered by the regime. Many have suggested that regime change in Iran would have a profound impact on global stability, particularly in the Middle East, because Iran is that kind of that kind of terror state that sponsors terror in other parts of the world, but also in friendly neighbors to Iran, other Arab countries in the Middle East. And you know, good riddance. If the democracy or the form of government that the people ultimately choose in Iran is up for and by them, if they're good with it, if they're good with the preservation of rights for women, if they're good with the preservation of human rights, good riddens. But the idea that genus, some kind of ayatolah is over the system and his religious values are being imposed on everybody, I might find that deeply troubling. I always have found it deeply troubling.
Speaker 4: I mean one has to wonder, I mean, can I just get any values people out here. I've been just dog gone all over the world. People are just all over the place. It's like little ants that are just scurrying everywhere, chasing, you know, the next piece of corn bread. I am lost for words for where the human heart is to see people welfed, educated, in good health. What you guys just discussed in the last hour and a half was actually disgusting to even think about the fact that in Gods for people who have been displaced and driven out of their homeland for decades now are suffering still and no bomb is dropping. It is that there's dysentery. It is that mothers are believing to death in childbirth, and that children are starving, and that they are orphans. It's really unconscionable. And I don't know at which point, because I did ask the question in the chat, who is going to speak out? You know, where are the major news organizations. I think it's lost a little bit in the news cycle because so many things are happening around the world. But I do think that we have to stop and deal with this.
Speaker 1: I you know, two million people. I was shocked by the number that there are more Palestinians in the global diaspora than in the Gaza. Strip that she said something about five and a half million people. So two million in the Gaza, three and a half million people are in camps that range from Syria to Lebanon to other parts of the world. You know, I was thinking about when I was in elementary school, I had a friend. I was in the fifth grade, and I remember staying at a friend. I want to think his name was Shahari or Shari maybe one of my elementary school classmates too, listen to the program who call me? Anyway, he lived in Prairie Shores and I stayed at his home one night, and I didn't quite understand because again I was in the fifth grade. Why we were eating around a kind of pillow and there was lamb and there was rice, and our legs were folded, and I really appreciated a cultural experience. And he had on and I know this now, but I didn't know it then. He had on a Palestinian scarf. I know this now, but I didn't know this in the fifth grade. But the reality is his family were refugees from the conflict in the Middle East. They were refugees and they were at John Jay Pershing Elementary School in my fourth and fifth grade class. Before I left him went to Lahman's Military Academy. And it occurs to me that's my first interaction with someone who understood the crisis. And you know, he was very worldly for his age because he had been through it, and he was trying to convince me that I didn't truly understand all that his people were going through. And he wasn't wrong.
Speaker 5: Uh the fifth grade, I mean, I thought I knew, you know, we were fighting, we were fighting the powerstand back in the day in the fifth grade. You don't know man daily. But it wasn't what he was going through. Absolutely, it was not that.
Speaker 4: As a child, and some people may remember this, there was the Bible that people had in their house, the one that you kept at home. You didn't take it to the church. It just sat there. And my parents had one of those, and it had maps that you pulled out, and I remembered clear Palestine, and I remember understanding that it was no longer Palestine.
Speaker 1: Isn't that something I'm Jesse Jackson Jr. Listening to Gina Towns. It's not that meat Fridays. It is wealthy Wednesdays and I'm so grateful to the create of the Jesse Jackson Junior Show. Joining us more when we come forward on kbl A Talk fifteen eighty. I'm Jesse Jackson Jr. I'm Jesse Jackson Junior at record of the Jesse Jackson Junior Show and our regular contributor on Wealthy Wednesdays. Is another than doctors Todd Yeary. He's just in time to give us a mini sermon on our way at the top of the hour, Doctor Yerie, welcome forward to the Jesse Jackson Junior Show. I think your phone might be muted, but I think you're here with us now.
Speaker 6: Hey, doctor Yery, I am here with you, just getting off of an airplane and I figured i'd catch you so I could do so I could do my mini sermon.
Speaker 1: It's all yours, sir, It's all yours. Behind him, he knows the routine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that's the heavens or it could be a cloud.
Speaker 6: But but you know, with all that's going on, I can only imagine what the discussion has been today with where things are? You know, the real question I think that confronts us is how do we avoid becoming so discouraged as to become paralyzed. And this is where I think we have to remember, uh, not only who we are, but who our creator is, and that in that intentional plan to make us uniquely who we are is a sense of resilience and resistance that is actually just a part of our spiritual DNA, and probably our actual DNA too if we were actually look at it. But there's a there's a passage Paul all Rights in one of the letters to Thessalonians. There's nothing that happens to us that is not uncommon to the human experience. Human frailty, human selfishness, human sensitivity, leaves room for all kinds of abuses as we see. But we have to remember this is what your father always told us. You know, God is faithful. God is faithful, having bid farewell to Claude Covin, who, in her own unique way, as a teenager, started the momentum.
Speaker 7: God is faithful, and.
Speaker 6: With whatever the challenge might be, God gives us the ability to not only withstand it, but to outlast it.
Speaker 7: And so we'll come through us.
Speaker 6: Whatever this is, however long it lasts, whatever it takes. Because we are who we are, and because we are we are in the end, we're gonna be just fine. In the meantime, don't be discouraged. Let's stay focused on the real work that must be done.
Speaker 1: Doctor Earie, I'm amazed at how you go back to the source of your faith in the midst of an era, if you will, of discouragement, you go to the well to seek something that is extraordinary in the spirit realm, to propel you to look at the day differently, to look at the weak differently, too, to look at time differently, and to accept the moment for what it is. But somewhere in there is this grain of this mustard seed, this seed of hope, that propels the ministry, that propels your life, and that propels the work forward to the extent that you can. Can you share with us the source of that energy, the source of that of that of that of that seed that you water that needs nourishment, that propels what you do forward.
Speaker 7: Well, I'll say it the way I do with all of my messages.
Speaker 6: I invite people to wherever they are, find a well lit room, and in that space, find a big, bright, clear, clean mirror, a bright clear glass. If they have to look at their reflection and the coffee table glass and the window pane, and the reflection in the appliance is the compact in their purse. Wherever they can see themselves, wherever you can see you appreciate what you see, because if you take a good look at your reflection, you will find that there is intimate and intricate detail to the plan of the Creator to make you uniquely who you are.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: So don't don't just look at the things that appear to be out of place. Pay attention to the color and texture of your hair, the smoothness of your skin, the color and shape of your eyes, the fullness of your lips, the shape of your nose, all of those things that make you identifiably and recognizably different than anybody else. The one thing that I know anyone can do is to be the most authentic version of themselves, more so than trying to be a poor impostor of somebody else. But here's what I also know is that what you see in your reflection is your appearance. But inside of you is a spark of the divine that gives you your essence, the drive that you have for life, the dreams that you have for your own purpose, the fulfillment of your destiny. And so if we don't lose sight of the inner workings, the fire that burns within will be just fine. And so I check to make sure that I've got fresh wood on the fire every morning. Some days it's a little more difficult than others, but there's got to be a burn, a d and yearning that allows us to overcome the difficulties of the moment and make a difference in the world.
Speaker 4: We certainly God has been using you, doctor Earie, to stretch me in my level of patience, because I was nervous about you.
Speaker 1: Oh Lord, seriously, but on a serious note.
Speaker 2: That was just so well.
Speaker 4: Stated, eloquent in its expression. But you know that's not the norm for so many people, because the world tells us something different when we look into the mirror and when we try to look within, and then we go out and face the world. And I think that's the importance of taking time, as you just talked about, in the morning, for a reflection of heart as well as you know, there is the reflection that you see in the mirror before you leave in the morning, but even before you go look in that mirror, sometimes you might need to do some heart reflection. And you know, you talked about a source, and that source is light and it is love, and it teaches us. I mean, it's taken me a long time. It took me forty years to really be in true acceptance of what I saw in the mirror or how I felt about myself. And that is a journey for people, and I pray that everybody is willing to take it. And through your guidance and one of the reasons you were a host on this show, and through Jesse's leadership and Tavis's leadership, you know, hopefully we're able to guide people there on because all of us are on the journey.
Speaker 7: It's a real journey.
Speaker 6: But you know, culturally we are conditioned to try to imitate and emulate. We don't get a lot of training on how to develop a level of authenticity and confidence in the incompleteness of who we are. And so many times we find ourselves frustrated because we're actually living according to somebody else's agenda. And until we find our sense of self, until we find confidence in being okay with taking on, say James Weldon Johnson's Upon the Creation and reading that and understanding that this great God, like a mammy swooning over her baby scooped out of the earth. Right that dirt that gives us our tan, our reflection, the melanin that flows that the sun activates, that even in the winter time, we're able to make sure that we don't lose a sense of not only how we look, but how we move.
Speaker 7: We've got to.
Speaker 6: Recognize that there's a uniqueness here and if we can embrace it, even though it is under a it's under a real attack again. But we have to remember, if he did it once, he'll do it again. We're gonna be just fined.
Speaker 4: Gina.
Speaker 1: Some closing thoughts in our minute and thirty seconds that we have remaining before the top.
Speaker 7: Of the hour.
Speaker 4: Well, first, thank you, doctor Yurie. I know that you were in the court room today, but we see that you couldn't get out fast enough and off that air planting out of the sky fast enough to give us a word of hope, and so thank you. Certainly this is a mid week to get us over the hump.
Speaker 7: Glad to do it.
Speaker 1: I'm particularly grateful, doctor Yurie, that you sacrificed. You know, you didn't have to come today, and we're so grateful that you did give us this extraordinary time. We count on that to get us through our weeks, because it's a long slog. Sometime we start out very spiritually and bring the week in with none other than Terry horde Owen's and then we move in the general direction of Liz King and Tenacious Tuesdays with Barbara Arnweine. But we need that little shove to get through the rest of the week from doctor Todd Yery. And I'm so grateful to call him my friend, our spiritual advisor, advisor and someone whose contribution to this show continues to guess Distric Moore and life to all of us. I'm Jesse Jackson Junior. Listening to Jesse Jackson Junior Show on KBLA Talk fifteen to eighty. When we come forward, it will be on Thursday. Our very special guest Johnny Mack will be with us in the second hour more when we come forward on KBLA Talk fifteen eighty