Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, Welcome back to some annual year of the draft. I know very unprepared I am right now, but I am the clown prince of podcast drafts Now, and I'm joined by.
Speaker 2: The here we go again Kirklin Patzer.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm the Adam Hart drafter. Almost I'm the back.
Speaker 4: To formula taylor Field.
Speaker 1: It's such a I have two questions about that one. But the great name Doom like yours, it just works perfectly, you know. But uh okay, so uh shooting back to formula, I feel like your formula has always been like a little wonky, so I don't know if you can go back to right.
Speaker 5: Ah, well, we're going back to a different formula.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, the one that Norman didn't tell anyone about. So uh yesly, gentlemen, if you haven't guessed by our names even or buy you click on the episode we are here to do. This is actually the first ever draft we did. The other draft came later. This was the first ever draft, so special heart place in the heart a little sad this year because usually what we do is we draft before Comic Con and then it's like, oh, could we get some points comic one weekend that happening this weekend. You got a Peacemaker panel and then you got a Marvel rival panel. And that's about it. There might be some news, who knows, Maybe James gunn will announce one of his other family members as a peacemaker. Who knows.
Speaker 5: But it's got two other brothers, does he?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: There's four guns, is there?
Speaker 1: Actually?
Speaker 5: And I believe the other two are also in Hollywood because I was I was doing some research.
Speaker 4: I was looking.
Speaker 1: None of them are Hitman though, like Nolan's brother. No, no, no, that's not so. But what we do here, ladies, gentlemen, it's like a fantasy draft, a little different because you only get one point here. We pick. It started as five, but then once COVID happened, we added five more, so we have ten actors. In general, all over it is a person who gets cast in a Marvel or DC property doesn't matter. If it's live action, doesn't matter, it's MCU, DCU, if it's an elseworld like The Batman or anything in between, as long as it's one of those properties, and it can't be for the same role. So obviously, let's say I were to cast you Jackman a couple of years ago, or pick you Jackman if he came back for dead Pool Wolverine, even though it was like a different Wolverine, we still go no, no, no, that's he's playing Wolverine has to be as a new role. I guess luckily no one picked Downey because I feel like we would have. That would have been a point that we would had to wait on. But those are very rare situations. Most of the time, it is you pick them, you get a point, and then I have to be cast in a new one. For example, not trying to rub salt in the moon. Like when Taylor won. You're picking Matt Damon and dropped them. That year he was in two separate movies as two different cameos though, so that's where we got separate points. We all have a star pick that means you get two. So I'm going to read off the list. So Taylor Field, you didn't get any points this year, so you finished the last place you had. Naomi Scott, Donnie Yen, Mark Hamill. And if someone wants to get that wheel ready please and thank you, that'd be lovely. Naomi Scott, Donnie Yen, Mark Hamilson Gourney Weaver, Millie, Bobby Brown, Sidney Sween who was his two star pick, Kieranashipka Simone Ashley, Killy Murphy and Hugh Grant. So no points this, yere tata, I'm sorry. And then tied for second place was Dylan and Kirklan. Dylan has Andrei Armas, he got one point for Sadie Sink who was still cast in an unknown role but is cast inspirement that's been confirmed, Sean Gunn, Murray Bartlett, Glenn Pal Kaylee Spainey, Josh O'Connor, Stephen Young who was his two star pick, El Pernell, and ao Ata Barry. And then Kirkland had Keanu Reeves and just last, very like two weeks ago, Jennifer Hall and got him one point for voicing a fucking robot. Uh, you know, we take those, Shamir Anderson, Freya Allen who was his two stars two star pick, Sophia Wild Jenner, Tega Alaila Brown, Right Boyd Holbrook and Amanda Fix. And then speaking of that, I finished in first place with a very similar method, Samar Weaving, Lea Sad Jody Comer, Advam Driver and another one voice in a robot Palm Clement teeth. But the reason I won because she was my two star pick Daves Gare, Edgar Jones, Katy O'Brien, Lee Young j Karen Gillen, and Ryan Gossling. I do somewhere happened.
Speaker 6: Two star Jennifer Holland, Like that's crazy in hindsight.
Speaker 3: Have we ever had three three, three different castings in one year span.
Speaker 1: Like for one person? What do you mean by just.
Speaker 3: Trying to think overall? Like, has there ever been a year where three separate people from our lists were pointing in that same year?
Speaker 1: I think so, because there was that year where, like, I don't know if it's maybe I think three might be the maximum. I remember there was one year where we had a couple and then they announced that cast of DC Superpets and we got a lot like Rock Keanu, John Krazinskizo. I think there's one year where I think three was the threshold. Or maybe I'm gonna confused. Maybe one was like a two star because I think kirkle on one point had Keanu and maybe heused your two star and he got cast as Batman and the super Pets. So it's always the animated stuff, but or the voices, I should say. So the history of this is in twenty seventeen, there's no winner, twenty eighteen, Dylan one, twenty nineteen we delayed because of COVID, twenty twenty I won, twenty twenty one, there there's no winner, twenty twenty two, I won, twenty twenty three me and Dylan one together, and then the last two years Te.
Speaker 5: Taylor, come on, man, I'm gonna step this up.
Speaker 2: We gotta step this up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then this year you're doing better than I am.
Speaker 5: I one.
Speaker 1: So I'm currently leaning dough with one wins. So me and Dylan have owned the superhero draft so far.
Speaker 2: At some points here there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, never, it's never a slow year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got I think I've got points for Emilie Clark Grasinski. I think Sean Guns already got me points right at some point.
Speaker 1: He has Jake John Remember you had.
Speaker 3: A stereo that was a juicy one, and I think that might be it.
Speaker 1: No, there's one year you had someone was casting Moon Girl wasn't like Alison Brie.
Speaker 5: Remember there's oh, yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's always we gotta check those. There's always animated ones. But now it's gonna happen. We're gonna spin the wheel and see uh the direction we're going. We're going to sneak order. But what we have to do is everyone has to at least drop five or more, but it has to be five just to get some you know, new stuff in the list of new fresh faces, some fresh blood. And everybody can pick one drop. So the reason we do that's just so we don't have a bunch of lists of like we're just swapping people. So if Kirkland drops so one, I go, I like that person, I pick it up. Then I'm done for picking drops. You can pick that win ever, doesn't have to be first, but you only get one drop. Pick. You don't have to pick a drop pick. You could drop your entire list if you want. Who knows. And then this year this is starting off, not yeah this year, not last year. This year we're gonna do now going forward. If you win a draft, there's going to be retrospectus on the line. So let's say Dylan and I win again come time next July August, we pick a movie like we've done this year with you know, Big Lebowski, Wrong Turn Shame. But it's a little because we thought, like, we're always competitive people. We have pizza beds, we did the gaulet for years. How come our one competing thing on the podcast, We've never done anything. So that's what we're doing now. Is the winter next year, twenty twenty six, we'll pick the film of the choice. So who's got that wheel? Let's spin and make a deal.
Speaker 6: And we all know it is motivated because he wants to get a wrong turn in there. Yeah, he's made a turn.
Speaker 3: That there's actually something on the line. I'm thinking I'll step it up with this back to formula moments.
Speaker 1: And same thing the other drafts that started this year, video game, superhero like movie? Does it just?
Speaker 5: Why is Travis here?
Speaker 6: Twice?
Speaker 3: Fraud typical difficulties and of course when I get when my name pops up, it's a fraudulent braw Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think the first one, no, no roll again this wheels, new wheel, new wheel mid he has decided new wheel, new wheel.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what happened there, it's got the wheel. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Oh, there you go, there you go doing, there you go?
Speaker 4: Doing?
Speaker 3: Is meant to be meant to first? Isn't always necessarily good. That's I was kind of hoping I wouldn't get first.
Speaker 1: But you know, oh, I see you want trade.
Speaker 5: You gotta go by the wheel.
Speaker 1: Got on trade one and two? You know right there? All right too?
Speaker 5: Sure, Travis take you can have third, you can have four. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the kids in the baseball that's.
Speaker 2: Fight for it.
Speaker 6: Taylor, at least try you take care.
Speaker 1: Alright. So it's gonna it was So it's gonna go dyl Muss, myself, Taylor Field, and then Kirkland Patzer and then Snake Wrungle back and forth. So we're gonna start with our drops first. So dyl Muss, who are your five drops? And what? Or five? Or more?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who are your drops? In more sort? Uh?
Speaker 3: My first drop is Sadie Sink. She gave me a point. Who knows she might end up in DC as well, but I'm I'm happy with grabbing this point and dropping it out. I think I had her for two years. Maybe I kind of got her after the Stranger Things hype, and so it was a bit of a at least.
Speaker 1: Two maybe three, but it's been yeah, for a good minute.
Speaker 4: It took a bit.
Speaker 5: It was worth it, of course.
Speaker 1: I think she gets cast anything, it'd be like down the road if we don't know, this role could be reoccurring in Marble too, right, so mm hmmm hmm uh.
Speaker 3: Shawn Gunn stayed on my till the end of time. I'm until James Gunn gets fired as head of DC, which you know Superman's popping off the box office. I don't think that's happening any time soon. Seawan gun is staying on my list because he's gonna be in there getting random roles through the end of time. I'm gonna drop Murray Bartlett. I think I've had him on there for two years.
Speaker 5: I like the guy.
Speaker 3: I think he's great, but I do feel like he had his his popularity hasn't really like heated up. You know, he was in White Lotus, who was great there, he was in the Last of Us, Who's great there, smaller role, and I just feel like I haven't seen the momentum climbing. So I still think it'll happen at some point because I think he would be a great villain. You know, he's got he's got a lot of the qualities. But I'm gonna drop him after a couple of years there. I picked him up Las. Year're gonna drop him now, Josh O'Connor. This guy's kind of a big deal right now, but I'm just not seeing I'm just not seeing the heat on that one right now. I'm gonna drop it a little two for one here. So two people, Stevenyun and Aoi at Abery. I picked up both of these. They were both in Thunderbolts originally, but then they dropped out of the project, and so obviously they were they were ready to go, ready to jump into the MCU and then for like scheduling conflicts or whatever. But the way I see it is like, if they had a scheduling conflict and dropped out of Thunderbolts, it's because they wanted to do other things more than they wanted to do Marvel stuff. And so I kind of feel like, even though they're big stars and they're interested in obviously Stephen uions and Invincible, right, so he's into that realm of stuff. I just I just take that as a sign that they were more interested in doing other things. And so I think, you know, they they obviously have potential because they've been there before. But I'm gonna drop both of them there, both of them. Yeah, she dropped them.
Speaker 5: Both, so that any of them.
Speaker 1: Of my thoughts, Ale, the only reason I think she could do it is because she'd had that move that came with this year and it really didn't do well. So I always wonder what's gonna happen with the bear. But Steve, you and I feel like you might be on a different track now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Young was my He was my star pick, so it might be even more surprising. But I'm I think I'm I'm okay with that move.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then for the rest of them, Glenn Powell, I'm keeping all there, just for another year or two. I've seen some quotes one whe or the other whether or not he's interested in doing this kind of thing, but obviously he's a big movie star guy. He's you know, he looks like a superhero, so you could see it. Spainy, I think she's still in the up and up. So I'm gonna give it another year too, see what happens there. I love Prone. I feel like she's quite busy right now. Would like follow another things, but I do want to see how that one grows. I want to give that another year or two maybe, And then the one that I was actually ready to finally drop her onto the Armist So I've had on my list for I think I had her, and then you know, there was one year I wasn't on the draft, so I like dropped her because of that, and then I came back to the draft got her again, and I've had her for a long time. It was getting a little dusty. But then I was I was looking things up and apparently there was a rumor a few months ago that she might be in doomsday and so I was like, Okay, maybe one more year, I'll keep it in there. I don't remember that, like that must have been discussed on newscast. I wasn't around for and that, like there hasn't been anything since then. That was like months and months ago. But I'm gonna keep her for one more year, I think. But if there's nothing else in this next year, no more rumors, I think Ona might finally get the get the boot from me. But I'm gonna keep I'm gonna keep five on my list this year. I think the last couple years I have been dropping like six, maybe even seven, but I'm gonna I'm just gonna drop five this year. So I'm gonna keep the Armist, Sean Gun, Glenn Powell, Canley's Spain, and Leopreneur on my list right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I think other than the few people that Taylor have, I think on as like the longest standing Deterren on the list.
Speaker 3: So oh, a thick layer of dust on that one at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: A long time.
Speaker 1: Well you did, but he got your points and you still just kept them, right, that's a I get. I get. I just made getting blown.
Speaker 3: Off of Ke and now it's starting to my bread starter. You know.
Speaker 6: I keep that thing for just passed down generations in my family.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, this one, I think I didn't have to go back and listen one of my toughest years for the drops, because I really, other than a few I was, I got like all these people and the only one exactly. Yeah, I like all their potential. As I can start with an easy one. I'm gonna drop my boy Adam Driver, I think just because that was around those read Richer's rumors off see that didn't go anywhere, But that's where I'm gonna drop right now. I'm gonna kind of similar to what you're talking about with your Merle Borrolette. Guy, I'm gonna're gonna drop Katy O'Brian. I'm hoping to see her again on my list, and I feel like maybe I'm making a mistake because they're gonna cast one rooman in the next year and a half, and she's someone I would love. But I just I don't know if they're gonna go that round, like I don't know if they're gonna go for like the mass like I wish they would go for, like the massive female body builder who can actually act to But I just I don't know if they're gonna I really want to be proven wrong, but I'm gonna drop kyob brian. I hope you get her again in a while. This one hurts a lot. I really don't want to do this, but this is this is the I'm saying her now, but this was the last on my list. Leyis a do because I just think I'm gonna drop her and she's gonna appear in some stupid side roll in X Men or something like. I hope in a couple of years from now, maybe I pick her up seeming like Katy O'Brian, But same thing. I kind of thought that there was a time where she would just get added to something, and now I started to think, Okay, she worked with Dani vel New, she worked with Hideo Cagino. So I was looking at her philmography and I was like, you know what, maybe she's not gonna do anything because she's seems like her last ones have all been like other than bond, like our tour tours. So that's the thing where it's like, is anyone in the MC or DC gonna be considered that? Like, is she gonna look at me? Like I feel like she's picking work right now for the directors, Like look at her role in Doune Too. She's in there for like three scenes. Didn't have to do that. But I feel like, oh, because it's you know, Denis or it's a soda Berg. It's like, yeah, I'm gonna do something with someone that's a higher status. So that's why I think I'm dropping her. Lee Jay. I'm dropping because I foolishly last year, which I feel like I should have known. So just a complete idiot white guy. I picked him because I'm like, oh, I feel like he'd be mister negative. Forgotten he was Korean. I forgot mister negative was Asian, So I was like, I don't think that's gonna happen anymore. So that was my whole because I thought, Oh, if they do mister Negative, that's like and I just gonna squig that that he'd be perfect. I actually think he could pop up on other stuff too. But my worry is squid Game has been done for a while. It's not like in the sense of filming, right, and he hasn't popped up in anything like I kind of thought he might be in some stuff, so we'll see, but I have some other.
Speaker 3: Right, what what what is mister Negative's background, like that he's Asian?
Speaker 1: He's Asian? And what is Jay Korean?
Speaker 3: What do you mean by that? Exactly? Well, because isn't Korean like within Asian.
Speaker 1: But but I think though wherever mister negative is from and wherever he's from, I'm pretty sure there was like a that can't happen because X, Y and Z like it would be culturally insensitive. I think they're like, it's.
Speaker 5: Like Korean portraying someone from Japan is what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I just saw he had come up, and then I saw a trending thing. People being like this is would be wrong.
Speaker 3: For accuse, when you say Asian, like Asian captures a tremendous amount of culture like count, I'll say.
Speaker 1: Who, mister negative whatever, because I don't know much about him other than the video game and a few things I've seen. Whatever his origin point of origin is would not fit with Lee Jung j It would be considered kind of insensitively like Okay, thank you, Okay, there you go, I misspokes. So that's what it was.
Speaker 3: So but anyways, Asian, So you're not wrong, but you could have been more specific.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get me out of here. And then Jody Komer, who was green. Yeah, stubble back to you know what, These drafts are always bad. You know, I don't have the worst one. You got Kirkly a couple of years casting Karen a ship cut for uh miss car were moving on to cast.
Speaker 3: Don't forget Taylor's Sydney Sweeney Jubilee.
Speaker 1: I mean that was we always do it, We always because we see people, you know. But no, I'm picking Jody Comber just because that was the same thing as driver. He she was in those those rumors for sus Storm. I thought that would work. She could pop up, But I feel Colm with those, so dropping a driver, Katy O'Brien, Lasa do Lei, Jung Jay and Jody Comber and that's.
Speaker 2: Just the five beautifully executed.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 5: It's a rocky road, okay, the rocky road to double and don't get me starting a week.
Speaker 1: Jack O'Connell's popping up.
Speaker 5: My god, that fucking song ready the jig?
Speaker 4: So yeah, who am I dropping here?
Speaker 5: Mm hmmmmmm, I'm gonna drop seven people here, so you guys, you guys can go ham if you Yeah, you guys, I'm waiting to get.
Speaker 3: Your playing all along, load up on bad picks and then bade us in with the drops.
Speaker 5: I like it, so, uh yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna keep Naomi Scott.
Speaker 1: You know what, that's fair smile smile was her dust blowing off moment. She was outstanding and smile and.
Speaker 5: You know she still got her foot in the door with Disney right as a princess Jasmine.
Speaker 6: So that was like seven years and six years ago her I remember, because I was salty, so I wanted to cast I want her too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh Donnie Enne, he's sticking on because you know what he is Chinese mister negative, let's let's go Donnie En.
Speaker 1: You sure he's that type of Chinese though he's not Asian, he's Chinese. That sounds like an get, like he's he's shiny.
Speaker 5: And then mister Mark Hamill, I just got a good feeling about him. I'm keeping him in there. I feel like again.
Speaker 1: You're dropping, You're keeping Mark Hamill.
Speaker 3: I'm keeping Mark Hamill, keeping the people who are conveniently the top three on your list.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, Mark Hampbell, I feel like has the James Gun's gonna look at him and he's already got his foot in the door with DC, you know, voice and joke. I feel like he's been doing a lot lately too, and I feel like he could he could pop off on something superhero related.
Speaker 1: So every year, I think you're gonna drop these ones, and you're always dropping the better picks. But you know, go.
Speaker 5: Ahead, Uh, Sijourney Weaver, I'm asking her sis. I'm gonna let's things go go quietly into the night. Millie Bobby Brown, you know I I had high hopes on you, but you're never leaving Netflix. You're just a Netflix. Uh glutton. I'm just gonna call.
Speaker 1: Things like your state what was damsel right?
Speaker 5: And she has and then Holmes that movie only Netflix. She's not, She's not leaving. They treat her good there, so.
Speaker 1: She is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Sydney Sweeney, you know I put a lot of stock into you, but you didn't put any stock into me.
Speaker 4: So you're gone.
Speaker 1: Your two star.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a big drop.
Speaker 5: Uh, guys can hop on.
Speaker 4: You believe.
Speaker 3: Coming.
Speaker 1: Uh, she's she's reeling in Asia, but not that type of Asian.
Speaker 4: You're in Shipka.
Speaker 5: She's off my list, Uh, Simon Simone Ashley. Now, the reason I'm acting her is because they cut her out of F one. I haven't seen F one, but I was looking at her and its like they cut her out of F one. I think the dragon said, you know, sometimes you just gotta there's too much stuff going on.
Speaker 4: You gotta cut some things. So they cut her out.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't know if you watched F one. M Killian Murphy. I'm axing him.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then Hugh Grant, I'm acting Huie as well.
Speaker 1: Quee seven, so he kept the old fate and I always got.
Speaker 5: Done Camel the hat trick trio.
Speaker 1: At this one. I hope I get your points.
Speaker 3: It's a ton of drop.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to see this fresh list.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a chaotic I think Kirkland and it's off of.
Speaker 6: The drops, all right, coming in hot and heavy. I'm gonna be dropping mister Shamir Anderson first, somebody names.
Speaker 3: For me, nobody from.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I saw using something that had a less than three stars on uh whatever the IMDb rating is, And I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 1: I've not seen him john Wick at all.
Speaker 2: So not many have.
Speaker 6: Nobody has seen literally nobody has seen Amanda Fix. So I'm gonna take her off. I thought she was gonna.
Speaker 3: Be a.
Speaker 6: Coming out of the woodwork. I thought she's gonna be like the biggest name. You gotta you gotta make predictions.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So I am removing her here.
Speaker 3: She doesn't even have any upcoming movies. That's worrying. Yeah, she fled, She fled.
Speaker 2: The country.
Speaker 6: Man of Fix has gone almost have taken off Alilah Brown. I'm also taking off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had some underground picks here, and that's a theme that's a reoccurring theme with kirk Ye.
Speaker 6: She was young, furiosa, Okay, I could see why.
Speaker 3: She's in Sonic. Okay, that's a good.
Speaker 2: Do you believe you guys can take her?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna drop Jenna Ortega, even though I really wanted to get points from stealing that from Travis.
Speaker 1: This guy motherfuckered me last Year's like, oh you might drop, I'm gonna keep her. I'm gonna keep her there for.
Speaker 2: Life, is what I told myri.
Speaker 3: That's a surprising drap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why I want to know why you were still coming for last year.
Speaker 6: It just doesn't seem close enough in my foresight of like an up and coming project. Of course, I'm gonna say that, and then tomorrow there's gonna be like a Casie announcement, But as of right now, I just don't see her participating in a comic book project in the next like a couple of years. Yeah, I think she definitely could pop in there, but I mean, when we got to acts five picks, like fuck, I gotta.
Speaker 2: Make some tough calls. So unfortunately I'm removing her.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're wrong. I think to circle back to because she's still got Wednesday, but her movie Queer is not going good. She had that woman Martin Freeman earlier this year, that bomb that weekend movie not only I'm not washing, but many people say it's like the worst movie, like from a big budgeting, so like her movie career is not going well. But then she's just Beatle, just Biel juice, So that's the problem. She'll still like pop off with like I feel like that's happened. She gets like a big thing, and then she disappearance for a while, has some men, and then Wednesday's eldest fall, so she'll be covered again. Everyone like, oh I love Wednesdays.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, and then that's when she's gonna be cast in a comic book project Storm. And then my final pick, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, mister Clay, I'm dropping Boyd Holbrook here Boyd. Yeah, that that one would have been a nice one to get points off of. But again it's a it's a tough tough year for Axine and the likes of Sophia Wild I'm like, I'm still light really liking that pick. Freya Allen, she was my start pick last year, and it's it's like this handful of young actors with Sophia, Freya and Austin Abrams. I'm like, there's out of those three, I gotta get something I gotta get some smidgeon of a pick of points, so I didn't want to dispatch them. And then Jennifer Holland, I mean, it's the shot gun reasons I feeling Muss had. As long as there's no divorce or something, you know, I'm keeping her. That's my heart pick.
Speaker 1: So can you imagine that? Yeah, that happens two days from now, they're broken. You're just sup with Hall and for a whole year doing nothing.
Speaker 4: Takes half of DC in the divorce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he recaped.
Speaker 2: She takes Sean Gunn to so guns just not in any projects.
Speaker 1: He's like Jennifer Tagg will now play the role of Jennifer hardcore.
Speaker 3: Now he has to use all the other James Gunn brothers that we don't even know about yet.
Speaker 1: All right, let's start this off. Dylan Muss, where are you going? New pick? And he drops you right there? How you feeling?
Speaker 3: I do like some of the drops. So one of them in particular was actually pretty high on my list for a reason that I'm not gonna say yet.
Speaker 5: I don't want to give you guys.
Speaker 3: I don't want to give you guys my h Yeah, it was definitely the big fix yeah, but yeah, so I've won that I'm pretty high on. But that would be like round ten pick is when I think I'd come back to that one because I don't think anyone's gonna grab it, so I think it'll be out there and I could explain my logic at that time. So some good drops, I mean, that's a lot of drops, but I'm not gonna grab any right now. And now here's the tricky thing. I feel like we took a diversion a couple of years ago, and now it's like do we go Do you go full in on the James gun NEPO picks or do you get like fresh up and comer type things. And that's such a hard decision, right because like the NEPO picks are not quite as fun, but I feel like they are more reliable for points. And so I gotta make my decision here where do I want to go first, considering that you guys are gonna.
Speaker 1: Have fun, we need to do a separate James now that there's something on the line I want, I want to win.
Speaker 3: But the thing is like I'm gonna get a pick, but because of Snake Draft, I'm not going to get a picked for seven Yeah, seven picks. So it's like I'm way down in the order, right, That's why I didn't necessarily want to be first.
Speaker 5: Ah, So this is really right, that's good.
Speaker 1: Later on.
Speaker 3: Yep, okay, I'm gonna go for I think this guy's probably gonna get grabbed, so but I'm gonna risk it. I'm gonna go for the gun Nepo pick. I'm gonna go for someone who's been in Guardians, so obviously he's just fucking on the red carpet reading to be walked into DC. Apparently there was a rumor of this in May for a particular character. I'm gonna pick up Will Poulter, who, of course is Adam Warlock, so he's in Guardians there, obviously he's in James Gunn's neck of the woods. There was a rumor of him playing some character. This is like a month ago, so I feel like it could happen. I think, especially now that Superman Got is done really well at the box office, I think a lot of these projects that were maybe like on the fence are probably going green light right now, and I feel like we're gonna get a lot more confirmation soon. Gun If he hasn't already. He's gonna be smashing those the keyboard on Twitter over there, and I feel like Will Polter is won I could see popping up there. So of course it's a bit of risk because there's no chance he's gonna be a different character in Marvel anytime soon. So this is full in on DC. But we've seen like I was looking, I was saying in our chat, but of course not on podcasts. I was looking up just like how many people were in like Guardians or like, I don't know, other James Gun things recently that we're in, like Superman and Creature Commandos, And it's like at least twenty five actors that have been like recycled through these things. So it's it's pretty crazy the gun NEPO picks that we joke about, but it's like actually a very real thing. So I'm gonna go Will Pulter. Maybe he's not the best one to grab for the NEPO picks, but for me, it's he seemed like there's some rumors there, it's a recent one. I feel like he could fit well as a villain or a hero.
Speaker 5: He's a great actor as well.
Speaker 3: Let me look it up right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was gonna say, I don't think that you brought the marveling. I don't think it's a bad thing because obviously I don't check out the newscasts set me and Kirkling top about. I think Adam Warlock's gonna want to be one of those characters that doesn't make it past the reset, Like I think, like maybe he'll get killed off in it or like dooms.
Speaker 3: There Adams Strange. That's Does that sound like a good fit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know too much, mom, but like seems good enough, like it should.
Speaker 3: Be weird Adam Warlock and Adam Strange just playing characters named Adam all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I'm Adam Parcaster, so it works.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that'd be good. And that's it's kind of funny And that's fear because David Warrens what revealed that he audition for Adam Warlock, So it's kind of funny that wos tied together. So yeah.
Speaker 3: So I also I'm a big fan of Will Polter just as an act. I think he's great, so I'd love to see it as well. Yeah, I think I think he has a lot of potential roles. He could fit in there, or it could just be like a goofy little robot in a Superman or something, so I could see him doing all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 1: All Right, I've had this one bullet pointed for quite a while because I'm pretty sure the movie came out after our last draft. We've seen her in many things. I have to do it just because I know Dylan's safe. But the next two I got these dogs coming up and they could get her, and I feel like she's right for the taking. I'm taking Andrea A Drona.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you're lucky.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. She killed in an and Or. She's also Momoa's current girlfriend, so she's been in a James Gung movie before. And it feels like David corn Sweat, where David corn Set was everyone's number one pick and the Gun's like, yeah, that's that's who. What that's who I'm going super Man And the same thing right now was like she should be one of them. Don't get me wrong, I love Kat O'Brien, she guts. I'd still be my number one pick because I like the stature of her. But acting wise, Adria Drona is like the next like she's gonna be one of your next big stars. And I'm confident that if Gunn doesn't get her, Marvel will. So I think that, yeah, she's got lots of what happened.
Speaker 3: Looking at her IMDb here she was in Morbius. Did you remember that?
Speaker 1: I always forget about that.
Speaker 3: Do you think that would burn her of not wanting to do superhero stuff again, being in like one of the worst movies that everyone kind of hates and memes on.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so. I think that at least I think I I think that one of the Wonder Woman thing is eighty percent gonna happen because she's friends with guns, She's friends with Momoa, who he's doing Lobo. I just feel like when Supergirl comes out, Jason's on the red carpet with her guns. There lots of conversation, and it's one of these things that like, don't get me wrong, you gotta do it. But when they did all the additions for Supergirl, they audition all these actress, but James goes like, oh, when I saw House the Dragon, I knew Milli ol'cock was gonna be super Girl. So it's like they still gave all the actresses the decency to be like, come in the room and read this script. But they always knew it was gonna be Millie. So I feel like that's way. But even then I think Morbius maybe uh, maybe she wants a second chance, and who knows, maybe she well, no, I don't want to be heard in secret wars. So I feel confident about this right now. Maybe next year drop, I'm taking Andrea Drona and they'll finally learn her fucking name.
Speaker 4: So I had her list.
Speaker 5: It is uh my uh like revenge pick, like someone does something they shouldn't.
Speaker 1: That's who.
Speaker 4: Well, mostly just because I know you're gonna pick up for sure Gray scary.
Speaker 5: Okay, So she she's out to lunch now, Okay, So.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 5: Taylor's preparedness is not good.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 3: Not picking up any drops there, Taylor.
Speaker 5: I'm going no, I'm going on Carlini.
Speaker 4: The Carlini.
Speaker 5: She voiced Lyla and Guardian's Three. She was in Scooby Doo. She was another James Gun project. I think there's a good chance she could pop in.
Speaker 3: I think she was This was legitimate man like second or third round pick. It's a great pick, nice job.
Speaker 1: I think she was in Creature Commandos as well too, so.
Speaker 5: But she really I didn't see anything on that.
Speaker 1: I thought she was. But it doesn't matter because again, like Michael Rooker has like three roles in the DC already, and like it's just and he's a peacemaker coming up to already cast. We can't do it. So it's like I think he's got four roles. Now, it's kind of ridiculous that, like can't you throw any voice actor just like a role, like give him like two fifty. But no, it's like, hey, Rooker, you want to come back and do all right?
Speaker 5: Sure that he shows up, good pick.
Speaker 1: That's a good word. One day one voice actor castle on James, Oh fuck it, I'm getting my friends to do it. So that's fine. We're gonna do the same thing risk films if we ever blow up, which is spam us all the time. So all right, Kirkland, you get true picks back to back, two.
Speaker 6: Picks back to back, and uh, I'm gonna open up with a steal. I'm gonna take my first pick up of a drop and I'm gonna keep it on theme with trying to fuck over Travis Snell here. So I'm gonna take Katie O'Brien as my first steal. Yeah, big fan. And I don't know there's there's there's some sparkle around her that I just feel like there's something in the air. But I also said that last year with jenneral Taga, so.
Speaker 1: I'll get.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And it would be that much sweeter if she somehow beat uh Andrea our Jona whatever her name.
Speaker 4: Is race instead of Andrea.
Speaker 6: That works, continue, okay, and then first new pick, which hopefully I didn't fuck up. And she's already in something or cast as something, but I'm gonna take the great and powerful. She's been popping up in more than the video game Realm right now. But el Fannion as.
Speaker 5: My Pritters trailer wrapped today.
Speaker 1: We haven't talked about, but there was a rumor going around that she was Jean Gray. It doesn't count like you're good, but that was a recent rumor. That would be fantastic.
Speaker 2: Those rumors.
Speaker 3: Y'all are scooping my picks right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I scooped Travis as Katie. I scooped your lud you pick.
Speaker 4: Again, Linda CARLINI did you?
Speaker 1: Oh you did have Linda right, you did okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was top brass for sure.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: I love that term top brass.
Speaker 5: So back to me, back to your boy Taylor Field with Linda locked in. I'm going to go with.
Speaker 4: Because I think that there's a chance she could pop.
Speaker 5: Off in another her gun related project. I'm gonna go with Anya Chilatra.
Speaker 4: I hope I'm saying that right.
Speaker 5: She was in The Witcher, She's in Creature Commandos, Jennifer.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: I like the odds of her Poppa, and even she's letting her voice to something else because she was the bride's voice, was she not?
Speaker 2: She was the Cintra, like the bad lady.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like magic, she's one of.
Speaker 4: The villain oh right, all right yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Also again does that count she plays her live action? She sort of cast just.
Speaker 3: If I'm looking at she was in Creature Comandos. Did you say that already? Okay, so you're thinking another role?
Speaker 4: I think she's gonna get another role?
Speaker 2: Yeah, woman, one.
Speaker 1: Talk alright, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: I got three and I just don't know how you're all thinking, but I'm gonna take one. Picard just well, okay, I'll do one for now. I'm just gonna do it. I'm gonna take David Batista. I think he ain't gonna be bad, but I think he will pop up. I think the same thing, you know, you need a voice, that voice actor cancels again. Big Dave's gonna get the call. And I think what's gonna be fun for them is because he's if he knows, like Batista slim down a lot because he didn't like caring on that weight. I think that's what's funny. I think Gun's gonna put him in a very different role than before he was like the comedic acts like we've seen it before. Dave Batisa, I don't know if I can put him in top ten, but he's a very damn good actor, and I think if James could give him, Yeah, James gunned this go rounds okay, last time we're with you were drags. You were just this laughing machine. I think they'd go the complete office route, something to like what he did in twenty forty nine, or even a bit of Doune. I'm kind of hoping. I love that Hugo strange casting. I don't think Matt Reeves is casting you know, fuck it, Matt Reeves should cast Batista because if fucking den he can cast Batista, That's where you know Batista's passed the point of like, ah, he's a wrestler. Nah, he's he's more not doing his wrestler and he's been fantastic, but picking batistic because if he's not there, then maybe Matt Reevee's the Man't know, but I think, uh, I think Big Dave will reunite with Jimmy Gunns one more time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, inevitable apparently is eleven upcoming projects, so he might be a little busy right now, but I think it's good to He might be a two or three year kind of guy, but I think he'll eventually gain you points, no doubt, Taylor.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see that Mila Djovic movie yet that they did?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's on my on my spotlight.
Speaker 1: He's another movie coming out. It's not with Forest Whittaker, but it's some it's Forest Whitker someone where it's like another looks like a straight to DVD two thousands movies. So he's in a whole new realm right now, but.
Speaker 3: In the double all right back Yeah, back to me for a doubler eh.
Speaker 5: He always love to see a doubler.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, this.
Speaker 1: One being first pays off because this is good now, you know, mm.
Speaker 3: Hmm, let me first grab. He's the it guy right now, the it young guy. He's in all sorts of things. I feel like he's he's really that rising star right now. He's been in a superhero thing before you in the form of the Boys, but apparently that show's ending soon. I think he's gonna make his way over to the big screen. I'm gonna pick up Jack Quaid here.
Speaker 1: That's a good fucking thick I am there. Yeah, yeah, he's gonna be inside. He's too cares mag not to get he could lead.
Speaker 3: The X Men as as Cyclops. He could be any manner of weird DC freak. I think he he's got a lot of potential all over the place. Like I don't know what what kind of characters he play in the Boys, Like what's his archetype in that pathetic to hero like he could do that, or he could go like very anti that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's got potential. I've actually seen a lot of these movies. I just know that he's in everything.
Speaker 5: He's that guy, right Now, I just watched Novacane.
Speaker 4: He's got the hero chops in there.
Speaker 3: Okay, I haven't seen that.
Speaker 1: Ye tons of fun. I really hope Jim's gonna cast him as the Flash. That's who I think. He'd be fucking pitch perfect. As as Jack Ran as the Flash, he just he do a bunch of stuff. He could be like Bobby Drake, but like as a Flash, I just see I see it. But yeah, I think Jack Wade the second the Boys has done, he's gonna he's gonna jump ships somewhere.
Speaker 5: So nice, that's good.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Do I go for more nepos or do I go for.
Speaker 1: Like are like Hollywood Neples, because that's what you just go with Jack there, you know, Hollywood Neple. You can get Dennis Quaid. He popped in the substance, right.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking specifically, uh gun nepos. Okay, sorry, let me let me check my I meant more than I expected got grabbing that first wave of rounds Now, I gotta kind.
Speaker 5: Of do my digging here, all right.
Speaker 3: I think let me go with let me go with another Guardians to DC Realm character can go with Elizabeth the Bickie, who I forget the name of her character and guardians. She's like the Golden god lady, right.
Speaker 1: Right, I think a laundress sounds right. I don't know, sister, I think it's a sound right. It doesn't.
Speaker 3: Isn't the worldlast Mom?
Speaker 1: No, it's his sister. She like, yeah, she helps birth them.
Speaker 3: But it's like I didn't intend to pick both will Polter and her. But now that would be cool if I got both those golden sibling mother mother son dynamic. But either way, yeah, I think to me, she seems like another one next in line for the gun transformation. So it's a kind of a boring one. I'll be honest, but you know I'll pick it anyway.
Speaker 1: You made that sound like the substance the gun transformation. Let's see someone confirmed that name for me when you get a second just curious, Okay, this one, hmmm, I'm gonna switch it up because I think someone could take him. So I'm gonna get my man. Shit, it wouldn't be a draft. Traz'll call Domingo. Come on, Rue, you know I'm gonna play Norman Osborne. Oh actually, uh so oh wait yeah pause there I guess. So if he was cast his live action Norman, even though if it was different Norman, I wouldn't get that point right. No, kay, then I'm kicking him. I totally forgot.
Speaker 4: Year.
Speaker 3: Sorry, my friend.
Speaker 1: Many times I've said these boys, so I'm gonna, you know, say one more time, then I'm gonna go with this one. Uh, Denzel Washington.
Speaker 3: He just wanted to see how we'd react. He was trying to.
Speaker 1: Gauge it is, but I kind of forgot because I've I was singing different universes. But doesn't matter. He's already Norman, Storm and Norman. So I'm going Denzel. I know him and Cooler have been talking talking about they want to work some out for Black Panther three. I'm picking him because they both actively said they would like that to happen. But I also like Denzel strikes me as the guy that when it comes time to pen and paper, unless he's after the bag, if he gets like a I trust Coogler. But let's just say there's too much m suisms for them, or they're kind of like, well, we'd like you to be in Black Panther three and then maybe you be here this like I don't know, especially as Denzel said he's retiring, he wants to do direct soon, so like with acting, I think he's gonna be very picky with his last few projects, and I think you should do. Coogler is one of the best directors out there, Denzel. You could argue as the grayst actor of all time. I don't, you know have him up there, but many people do, so I'm gonna pick him. I think they'll make that happen. And I think that would give Black Panthers some special which I think the third one kind of needs because I feel like we're kind of in the feeling they're gonna recast T'Challa, or at least o'challa's son. I think people will Letitia Wright a kind of iffy on and I feel like they need to. And we've and don't forget Angel Bassett. Powerhouse not in the movie either, right, so we lost to a lot of people in storyline and real life that I just feel like Black Panther three needs to hit. And the good thing is like Coogler's come off with Sinners, and I think a lot of people now will be, oh, he did that with Sinners. Yeah, So walking down, Denzel, I'm hoping the Black Panther three. Thing will happen. This is some long term proofing, so I might have to wait on this pick, but uh yeah, we'll see. I feel iffy about it now because I kind of forgot Black Panther could be a well, but I'll keep this one so I like it.
Speaker 5: Uh My next pick this one, I you know, I love this movie On the Rocky Road to Dublin. I'm picking Miles Catton. He played Sammy in uh in Centers. I think that he is He's expressed interest in playing superhero character. H But I just I think he's fantastic, and I think that this could be. If it's not this year, at least, I'm just happy he's on my list and it could be like maybe next year or something soon. I feel like there's definitely just the opportunity for him to jump onto something or a superhero project because he was.
Speaker 4: Awesome in that movie.
Speaker 5: I really really liked him, so I got got some high hopes for this guy.
Speaker 1: I thought Jack o'connells come there when he said the road to Dublin, right, so.
Speaker 2: It might not be there to wells Katt, what the time we get there?
Speaker 1: That's you, Kirkin, Jack o'l.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get two picks here right listening?
Speaker 4: Three actually the.
Speaker 1: Stop, but then you don't get any here.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna come out with I mean, I got two here, which order do I want to drop them? I'm gonna come out hot and heavy. This one is a special pick because if I get points off this one, I would just be I mean, it points on any of these, I'd be pretty happy. But for this one, I feel like there would be some some special m to this. I'm gonna take probably the biggest start in the history of cinema in our time frame.
Speaker 2: I'm going Tom Cruise here as my pick. He's cleared up, you know, he's rounding out those mission impossibles.
Speaker 6: He's gonna be looking to do some more stunts, and he's like, he's gonna be like James.
Speaker 5: Just having fun, man making movies, big adventure, having a great time.
Speaker 2: So what took you so long to finally cross over the superhero games?
Speaker 1: James? Eh?
Speaker 2: Either mostly James, mostly James.
Speaker 1: I think James.
Speaker 4: That's a good tech. Let's go off.
Speaker 1: You don't believe the He's gonna play a variant of Tony Stark one day?
Speaker 6: You know, perhaps maybe we'll talk about that in the newscast also later on. But fingers up.
Speaker 2: So Thomas M. Cruise is my next pick, and then who we got here? For my next one? I'm gonna go.
Speaker 6: A chap that I kind of expected to be in more. I feel like his name carries more weight than maybe it should in my mind. But I'm going Paul mescal here as my pick. He's recently in The Gladiator too normal people, And yeah, he's an Irish blow.
Speaker 1: He may or may not have turned down Johnny Storm as well.
Speaker 2: That's what I heard.
Speaker 6: But like when I look at his face and a great villain, he'd be a great villain. I want to see that, that smug face just squeezing the life out of Tom Cruises. I don't know whoever, what's going on? Oh I didn't go there? Ye, I thought he's past that.
Speaker 1: Come on, No, you never get past.
Speaker 4: My two picks.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna hold Okay, Yeah, I guess it's back to me, back to you.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: I think I am gonna I got one here that I don't think anyone is gonna pick.
Speaker 4: So I'm happy about that. I can I can put that.
Speaker 5: I can wait the other one I think I'm gonna go for and this is just optimistic. I am gonna go Henry Cavill. I after seeing that little interview that happened, you know, I think that, you know, there could be a chance that he just James Gunn basically I can't remember what the name of the podcast the show was.
Speaker 1: He was confused.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was basically talking about how they were talks with Henry Cavill about you know, if you were just coming back, not as obviously Superman, but just who knows what that.
Speaker 3: Role would be, A robot in Superman, A random.
Speaker 5: I would not I would not put it past gun because like he was just he was speaking like just like he was saying great things about Henry and just like everything was really good and it was a very healthy conversation. So I think that absolutely like he could come back, especially after doing that little comedic bit with wolver as Wolverine and Deadpool Wolverine. I think Henry would absolutely just pop in for one little thing or something and ship I'd love to hear.
Speaker 3: I'd love to hear Henry Cavill's perspective of that conversation.
Speaker 1: I know somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody that says that Henry was not a big fan of how that all went down, and it would be very hard to get that man back with.
Speaker 5: Not a fan of how it went down with the Rock or with gun all that.
Speaker 1: He felt very disenfranchised and very like, I don't want to be a part of DC stuff.
Speaker 5: But money talks, money talks guns, guns. A sweet talker, you know, is he Yeah, gave himself a fifteen million dollar piece of talk.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: That's true. He got paid the most. He got paid more than Superman and Lex Luthor and Los Lane combined.
Speaker 4: That man, boy, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Do you Taylor, do you think that the cavalryin role like disqualifies in frint of anything else Marvel wise?
Speaker 5: No, No, I don't. I think I think he could lend his voice, I really do. I think he could just do a character like that or something.
Speaker 3: So you rock Raccoon's son, Scars.
Speaker 1: Car, You're gonna play build a duck scabs. Okay? So I got two picks.
Speaker 3: Whoa uttle known one one right now?
Speaker 1: Right? Sorry? I got two picks left one to do right now, I'm gonna go. I could have missed the boat on this one, but I'm gonna pick him. I'm gonna go Alan tudic Uh. He played a robot and Superman. He had two I know he had three roles in Creature Commando, so I maybe missed it. But he played Frost for Us, he played Clayface, and he played somebody else. I just feel like he's a guy they get for voice all the time. He's clearly friends with James Gunn. He's friends with Nathan Fillion, He's friends with Joss Whedon. So there's a terrible rumor going around that James Gunn keeps talking about the secret writer and people are thinking it's Joss Whedon. I'm like, oh man, we'll see what happens there. But i's is what you're saying. Yes, that's the rumor going around. It's like crackpot theory stuff. But it's just like, you know, so James, don't do it. If you're if you're smart and a good week on Superman, just you know, leave that man. But Tutic anytime they need a voice for anything, even if it's just fucking breathing, they're like, what's Alan doing now? It's like I'm here for work, you know. So Sho shows up a time. So, yeah, I I wish I would have gone this year because I would have got four points. But I didn't think about until I watched Creature Commando's Yeah, I gotta get this guy, so Alan two dick. I think he's gonna get me some uh Mucco's grandios in the future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Uchi Gan, So I actually get two picks here. Oh god, this is tricky because I was still got my eye on a drop. But I think I want to have fun with my last two picks. Yeah you do. I've got a couple boring James gunn Nepo picks. I've got a couple other ones that I could pick, but they're even more boring than the ones I've already picked. So I'm gonna go for two saucy picks here number nine on my list. There was a rumor of this man playing Beast potentially in the future of the MCU. I'm gonna go with Jesse Plemons, a favorite of mine and many of us here at gek Verse. Yeah, there was a rumor a few months ago. I forgot someone one combination of us was on a on a weekly I think.
Speaker 5: Talking about that plus as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which you know could be minus here, but it's something I want to see it. No, what were you gonna say?
Speaker 1: I say, Remember, the rumor was he was gonna be in the Gossip Star Wars movie, but they couldn't come to agreement on money. So it doesn't sound like he's not interested in the stuff. It just sounds like they weren't paying out. But I feel like Marvel, you.
Speaker 3: Know, might and maybe more of a voice roll. Maybe it'd be West Commitment or something like that. I'd like to see him do something like this, although I I do like the weird kind of freaky roles he's doing right now, and obviously he's time the team of the Yorgos just doing all that stuff right now, but I'd be down for this. I also think he could easily find somewhere nice in the DC realm, So I'm gonna pick up plumbing, So that one I'm pretty thrilled about. And my last one here, I feel like a lot of the hype for this was kind of around Deadpool and Wolverine, and obviously that's come out now, so this might not happen now. But there's a lot of discussion, of course, of a certain Taylor Swift plane Dazzler at one point, which of course didn't happen in that movie. But there is still a lot of pinchel for Dazzler in the future, and so I don't think this is happeningtime soon. This is why it might be kind of a waste of time. If I canna do this anyway, I'm gonna. I'm gonna grab Sabrina Carpenter for potential Dazzler pick. There. There have been rumors of that. There's been so many rumors for that character. And I don't know where that would be at this point in time, might be nowhere. But I think it is a fun, saucy pick and it'd be cool what happened. And I feel like she's been doing a lot of acting things. I could be wrong about that, but I think she's been doing some acting things. I think she's got She's obviously got the popularity for it, She's got the sauce.
Speaker 5: She could do it.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna, I'm gonna scoop up.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is my last pick, right, Yeah, Gold's gone. I have a bunch of I got three ladies that I'm unsure about. I got I got a person that could build up to something, but had some iffy movie released this weekend. I have a person that's of note, but you never know if she's coming back to Marvel. And then I got the person they a'm gonna go with. I'm a big fan of her. I don't think she's really pop pop yet, and maybe Marvel Brand's gonna do it. I think. Unfortunately for her, this movie should have popped earlier this year, but not many people saw it. But she was fantastic to give any not any other year, but some years this would be a star making performance, but sometimes that just happens. I'm gonna go with let me make sure I say it right. Sophie. Yeah, Sophie Thatcher. She was in Companion, she played the robot. I highly suggest you go watch that. She's in The Boogeyman. She was in Maxine. And there's another one I'm missing somewhere around the past couple of years where I saw apparently she could yell Jackson, but I saw and I'm like, she's very very good. I don't know. I'm thinking more of the X Men Rounde.
Speaker 3: Is that what you're thinking of movies?
Speaker 1: Definitely not that one. She's probably the bad biker gang. But there you go, she's worked with that. But I look at her, I see lots of rogue potential right there. You know. I just feel like I got that from the page. Yeah, I got the hair, so uh and yeah, this is just one because the other picks I feel, you know, like there's like a map Incline and Auni tar Joy like those were my other two days going back for but I feel she has potential to be in something and break out here. So that's my last pick. Syphe thatcher.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, I pick because you've dropped seven, so I got a few to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am going to throw I got a good feeling about this one. I'm gonna throw Anthony Kerrigan onto my list.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: He played Metamorpho and Superman, but he's wearing makeup in that, so it's not actually his phase. He was also in Gotham. He was in the Flash TV show as well, so he's definitely been problem this guy see projects. I think he could absolutely appear as as something else or to his voice and to another role, So I.
Speaker 1: Feel great, he's got some great voices.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I feel feel good about that pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, this is your last pick.
Speaker 2: This is my final pick. That is correct. Some people would say that, say those people are correct.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with a pretty well known white male actor.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna I'm aggressive of you play. He's not Chinese or Asian.
Speaker 6: Caucasian is more of the avenue of blankets he falls under.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go mister Timothy. All the font here, Oh I thought you're dropping? Yeah, not this year, maybe maybe next year.
Speaker 6: Visit that I'm going only only Timothy. I feel like, in my mind, I just assumed he was in a like a Marvel project. I think I think the Star Wars crossover.
Speaker 2: Was kind of what I was thinking.
Speaker 6: But man, just he could be the new Gramps. He could be anyone like he's He's so fluid, come on, he could be voicing anyone I like it is.
Speaker 1: He he can use someone do a background check and see if he's German Man. He'd be a fucking great magneto man. He Yeah, he could bring it. But obviously if you're a German that kind of just qualifies you from said role. I don't think they're gonna go that route, but yeah, he could definitely be like an elder statesman type of character.
Speaker 2: Uh Now, why it's very German, I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there you go. He can be the Hawaiian Magneto.
Speaker 3: But yeah, do you not have him on your list once one year?
Speaker 1: I did at some point I did, yeah, because I feel like he, like Kirkland said, he could always pop up, like I just watched it again last week. Not a scene stealer, but phenomenal once upon time in Hollywood, you know, just he always pops up. He's an alien coming up that's in the Disney family. So maybe like he always he's like I'm not saying this because they're in the same show, but I am. But like Walter Goggins, like when they put Walton Goggins, when they pop up, they just they just deliver. So I want Kirkland. If he wins, I hope it's off Timothy, and I hope it's better than what Walton got in the MCU because fucking.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, like a man, right, yeah, whatever.
Speaker 1: That guy the briefcase he was working with some buyer whenever found out about James. Please did you want why you lotus go say this man? Give Walton Gong in the fucking juicy DC role. Please. Okay, it's a that's just Taylor picks.
Speaker 4: Now right rapid Fire, the floor is my floor is mine? Okay?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 5: Two more?
Speaker 3: I think yeah, two more for you, Taylor.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you can.
Speaker 1: Have Rick Strange as well.
Speaker 4: Two more.
Speaker 5: I'm going to take Alan Richson. He's popping off in Reacher right now, Batman play well, not even that necessarily, but like he he popped off in Titans. I saw he also played Aquaman in Smallville, which was crazy. So he's got some He's.
Speaker 2: Got some fat DC in Mountain State.
Speaker 1: Nobody forget that's he's coming back for that too. There's just not joke. He's there doing revival. He's coming back.
Speaker 5: So and he's in one of the fat the upcoming Fast movie too. It says he was already in one Poe Yes, but he's everwhere man.
Speaker 1: That's the one going And get asked about lots of people wanted to be Batman. I'm I'm gonna feel on that most people Batman's fancaster are trash nowadays. So m hmm, gentsen angles brendan' scalar, like, come on, guys, there's better white guys out there. Let's that'd be a good fuck. Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 5: So my last pick. This one is I tried to stay I tried to be not emotional about this kind of stuff and be emostly compromised. I'm putting I'm putting Greg Henry back on the list, Gramps. After that, I was pretty I was pretty salty about that. I thought, you know what, this fucker you guys hated on me, or not hated, but you were making fun of me for the Grams Guardians, And you know what, I let that get to me, and I fucking costed me a point. They are going out of their way to fuck.
Speaker 1: Me because it's funny. I remember the year to you draft. In the next year, you were like, you just dropped me, Yeah, drop them, And I don't think you said you're just gonna get rid of him the year after he got cast. So in retrospect, it was a good pick. But we didn't know gun was gonna We knew there'd be some gun Nepo picks. We didn't know what was gonna get like this where he's just yeah, he's popping off with these animation stuff.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, grabs your your back on the board.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm I I want to see it. I want to see you give me some points here.
Speaker 1: I think you will. Now I think you're gonna get something. So all right, Dylan, Ria's off your full team, and then your star pick, which, again if you don't know, your star pick is if that person gets draft, you get two points.
Speaker 3: All right. My oldies are on an Armist, Sean Gun, Glenn Powell, Kayley spainey Ela Pernell, and my new picks are Will Polter, Jack Quaid, Elizabeth the Bickie, Jesse Plemons, and Sabrina Carpenter. H question for Sean gunn Okay, So by the time I picked him, obviously he was already you already, don't weasel. He started in Kraiglin, he'd already been like Rocket in like Guardians, you know, and obviously as a voice, but as like whatever, being a body in the suit, whatever you want to call that. But so right, so he was in Superman as Maxwell. Lord, is that the point I got?
Speaker 1: That's how you got him.
Speaker 3: I see that he's now that same character in Peacemaker. Apparently that's confirmed as a thing, so that I did not get any points for him being in Creature Commandos as g I Robot or or get this poke Calliston guard to do we know about this? Should I be getting more points or these like?
Speaker 1: So we'd have to we have the history because we'd have to look back and see if you have him two start because I don't think he had him two starred, and I feel like that's how we would have or wait do we do we?
Speaker 3: Is this a new document or I used the same one?
Speaker 5: I overwrote it. Okay, I did not have him too starred.
Speaker 1: But I did not know about the guard one that I did not know at all, to be honest, let's see super craft. That would have been twenty twenty four. Let's see if we got it. Okay, we have.
Speaker 3: Because I've had him on my list for this is the third time. I think the first time I starred him, and then the second time I didn't start him, but I kept him on. Yeah, I know, there's one year he wasn't and now this is the third year. I'm ninety percent sure it could.
Speaker 1: Be a tie. Then if that guard is there.
Speaker 5: So dirty, so fucking dirty, let's.
Speaker 1: Go to twenty twenty three, and let's see if we got that. Okay, So now now we've learned where you should keep these uh these these lists. But let's see if I can pull up something here. No, I just got the thumbnails. No, we keep editing the same one over and over. So yeah, okay, So what I'd say is we'll have the TVD next one all together. We'll have to look and see. I'll have to listen to last year's episode and then see because when, because it was the why did they happen?
Speaker 3: Because I think it was announced that he was maybe he was announcing he was in Creature Commanders, but we didn't know which role or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, because because we knew he But the problem is they announced he was in there, but he was playing Weasel, but he had already been casted that.
Speaker 3: In right, Oh, we didn't know the other roles he was gonna be playing.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, okay, so the other two voices, see this is what's okay. So in November twenty twenty four, Sean Gunn, I'm playing two roles in Creature Commandos, and we're sure about the guard thing because in this.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just looking at IMDb. Obviously I don't I don't know, I haven't watched the show or anything.
Speaker 5: No, it's fine.
Speaker 4: I remember his voice in this interview.
Speaker 3: Well, he's a transformer.
Speaker 4: This guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's talking about gun a weasel and robot because robot you would have got the point four and then what what was the name of.
Speaker 5: The Austin Guard or whatever?
Speaker 3: Could be as small as like, because it seems like the role of all those robots and Superman is like pretty minor, right, it could be one of those.
Speaker 1: I count that. Okay, I'm post post you on Guard.
Speaker 3: Oh, Pawk, puck A listen, sorry, puck A listen Guard to specifically Guard Paco Listen.
Speaker 1: Let's see because one year ago I found on Reddit.
Speaker 3: Hmm, Sean gun oh Man. Yes, this is a trick you want to find out because it's just a random rule.
Speaker 1: It's fine, though, we gotta let me see what his Wikipedia says. Now let's go there.
Speaker 4: Let's the same episode.
Speaker 2: Can we just pull up the episode look at the credits.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think he definitely played that role, and I get I guess that would not be one that was confirmed before the show came out.
Speaker 1: G I Robot, but that would put us as a tie for this year. If we confirm this guard, my Win's gone. And that's why I want it confirmed here because I don't want to teat Win.
Speaker 3: I'm now that I'm looking at it, I feel like there's no way they would have announced him in this random ass tiny role.
Speaker 1: But I'm can be edited by multiple people.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm seeing on the internet various sources that he is played. He did play his character, not just time to be.
Speaker 1: Where's uh drop a one of the private chat here?
Speaker 4: One link?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just one link because I haven't seen it yet, becas he did the two and then my thing, that's I guess because it's nothing you would talk about in an interview. He wouldn't talk about playing Guard number two. Ah, Jimmy Gunns.
Speaker 3: Fucking I'm wondering if you googled this character's name right, Pocco listing guard, what's his name, Sean Gunn, I'll put in the private chat. If you put it out in Google, you'll see there's a bunch of sources talking about it. I mean, none of these websites are I mean, Box Office Mojo has it written there, so that's seems pretty credible.
Speaker 1: The AI overview, Oh.
Speaker 3: DC, don't trust the AI overview. Don't don't look at that. That's never That's what.
Speaker 1: I do trust though, is the DC Universe wiki. So yeah, no, I think was he your two star or is he just here?
Speaker 3: He was not last year he was not.
Speaker 1: So well, there you go. So I have to rescend my win me and Dylan time once again.
Speaker 3: My god, I did not mean to save that for the last minute of this podcast to just.
Speaker 1: That's it. Yeah, the whole time news like, Oh, I'm gonna get him good.
Speaker 3: Now. The question is obviously he's he's this Maxwell Lord guy, which is a peacemaker. The question is does this guy get in another role in the next year?
Speaker 1: He probably will, so yeah, now it's been updated. So now me and Dale up tied the last two years, twenty three and twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Damn, Sean Gunn, you dirty dog James.
Speaker 4: What is Wait?
Speaker 3: What are the DC things coming out in the next calendar year? You guys from now until next July.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got super Girl, you got Clay Faced, you got Lanterns, and we don't of dates.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna start Seawn Gunn. He's gonna be in one of those. He's gonna be one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's a couple other animated projects as well.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck, he's yeah, I'm locking in Sewan gun It's boring as hell, but Hey, I'm here to get a retro one. I don't know, some unnamed a movie, so.
Speaker 1: We'll have to Also, what are we doing if there is a tie now for the retros, because we can't do two retros. That seems a bit.
Speaker 3: The two people have to decide on a movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's gotta wrestle, or they can do the Great Wheel, the Wheel, or we put Patriots right. Once puts the movie. Once puts a movie, don't say who it's from. You don't trust the patrons.
Speaker 5: Oh, they've wronged me before.
Speaker 1: I didn't say why I kept some of these people. So are we? My original five was Tomorrow Weaving, Palm Clumb, Chief, Daisy Edgar Jones, Karen Gillon, and Ryan Gossen. Daisy almost dropped, but I just like, could happen, So I'm gonna wait. That's a one more year. Wait, Palm, it's happening. She's gonna get cast in something else. I think she'll also got a main role in dc U h Tomorrow Weaving. If people don't know by time we record this. From last year, she was one of the final contendents for Lois Lane And just like how I talked about David Warren Sweat was, you know, one of the contenders for Warlock came back later same thing. I think I can't remember what he said. Well, Polter said he had auditioned for a role early with Gun and got that. So Gun obviously if he has someone who likes him. The fact that she got to like the final three or four tells me that he could revisit samar Weaving, Karen Gillen, same thing, Gun Person, and Ryan Gosling. There's these rumors he's playing ghost Rider. That's been pretty consistent in the past couple of years. I'm sticking with it. My new picks Area Drona, David Tisa, Denzel Washington, Alan Tudic, and Sophie Thatcher got a star, got a two star, Alan Tudic because man if I could pop off and four times two that'd be that'd be quite a run, especially because I do think there will be those animated stuff. He could be a voice in Lanterns. He could be a voice, and they've announced like a I can't remember what it is, like a Big Bartha, and there's like a Lantern's Kids show, So I think there's tons of stuff. So those are my ten picks and Alan Tudic my two star.
Speaker 7: Nice uh so yeah, my the my old list one three that I kept Naomi Scott, Donnie and Mark Hamill, the ones that got rid of Scoorny Weaver, Lillie, Bubby.
Speaker 5: Brown, Sidney Sweeney, Curd and Chika Smote, Ashleykeleen Murphy.
Speaker 4: And Hugh Grant.
Speaker 5: The latest additions we've got all having a nice little car ride together for the year. Linda Carlini, Anya Charlatra, Miles Catton, Henry Cavill, Anthony Kerrigan, Alan Rich what's Henry Cavill? Cavi My coworker, says Cavill, And it throws me off sometimes, but he's my elder. I gotta respect my elders. Look Henry Cavill, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Greg, Greg.
Speaker 5: Henry is the last pick there, my two star, I'm putting it on Linda Carlini. I feel really really strong about that, So yeah, okay, Carlene's ye, Colleen on me my previous five that I held on my varsity picks, I'm going Keanu Reeves, Jennifer Holland, Austin Abrams, Freya Allen, Sophia Wilde and for the the young rookies coming in, I got.
Speaker 6: The five star athlete Katie O'Brien. I got El Fanning, Tom Cruise, Paul mescal and Timothy Olafont himself. And we all know I'm putting that two star on Jennifer Holland here.
Speaker 4: I made this last year. We got on the line here.
Speaker 6: You know, no no room for fun, it's all it's all business kind.
Speaker 1: I don't want to watch wrong turn three. Oh there he goes, laying John. We will be back and hopefully next year, I imagine with other stuff. Super Girl in July, got Spider Man and Doomsday. I think Comicom should be back next year. Simmer even get some cast announcements on panel. But uh, this is it here, so we'll see what happens. You'll see, you know, Armie and Del, I'm gonna break your tie. We're gonna do another tie, our curricular tear finally gonna pick up.
Speaker 4: A win here. We're gonna tie this year.
Speaker 1: Okay, you best year yet and it will be boring.
Speaker 4: Bye