Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers. I'm your host, Deb.
Speaker 2: Bowie and I'm Samantha Fay, and we are.
Speaker 1: Just so excited that you are with us. We have some really wonderful questions for this month's question and answer episode, and that's where we're going to begin. Shall we just dive right in, Samantha, Yes.
Speaker 2: I will start us off with our first one. It says I'm reaching out because something happened this morning with my two year old that made me think of your guidance on the podcast. We were lying in bed when she suddenly said, look, people say hi mommy, and started weaving toward the end of the bed. Then she said, look at the lady, and a few minutes later pointed and said hi man. It felt very matter of fact to her. After listening to your podcast, I remember you saying to respond with that overreacting. I've been trying to stay calm and neutral so I don't dismiss her intuition or make her doubt herself. There are also moments when she says she's scared and that a monster is coming. When that happens, I encourage her to say no, monster, get out of here. To help her feel empowered and safe, especially in her own home. I'd love your thoughts on how to best handle situations like this, how to validate her experience without reinforcing fear, and how to nurture her intuition healthily. Well. Doesn't it sound like she's doing everything right?
Speaker 1: Deb Wow, I wish i'd had burns my mom.
Speaker 2: I know me to because you know your first response, especially if you aren't intuitive yourself and your child's talking about seeing all these people crowding around the bed, you might be afraid or you might say it's your imagination. But she did not overreact and just said hello to the people that she couldn't see. I'm assuming when the scary things happened, she's empowering her, So I think that's really really good. I would also recommend that you teach your child really safe ways to shield her energy and not to sound like a used car salesman. But I do have a e course on my website called Raising your Intuitive Child. I think it's ten dollars, but it has a bunch of tips in there about how to gently teach your child how to put extra light around their aura, like teaching them how to jump into a fluffy cloud of protection or using a lightsaber or Cinderella's coach, different child centered tips and techniques like that, So you might want to check that out. Maybe you could get her into some crystals, so she could have some big crystals by her bed, like an amethyst or a haematite that will be extra protecting. But honestly, just supporting her the way you are. It sounds like you're doing everything right.
Speaker 1: Mom.
Speaker 2: You're just doing a fantastic job, and we want to give you kudos for that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. And you know, folks, I have to tell you, when Samantha's daughters were little, one of the things that she used to do is she drove them to school in the morning. Was she had them imagine that they were being driven in the protection of Cinderella's magic coach. And every time I think of Cinderella, I think, look at what Samantha did for those children, and she taught them to do those kinds of things for themselves.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and I think if you make it like normal and not woo woo, like okay, kids, now we're going to meditate. You know, I never did that. I would just say ooh, let's close our eyes and let's picture this and what do you see and imagine that and just make it fun and like I said, child focused. It teaches them how to incorporate these practices of intent or prayer if that's in your belief, and meditation and guided imagery and protection in a way that just becomes a daily practice, which I think is what budding intuitives need. They need to know how to turn on their light, how to turn off their light or at least dim their light when they need to go to school or go to bed, how to protect themselves, how to reinforce their boundaries. So all of that is really important. But from what she's written here, I think she's doing fantastic.
Speaker 1: I think so too. Here's to you it's are smart, they are? Yeah, Okay. Our next one says I suffered the tremendous loss of my husband two years ago. He was fifty five. We were together for thirty years and he was not only my life partner but my best friend. I met him when I was twenty two, so I've been with him my entire adult life. Somehow I have survived, and two years later AM started to feel my theory is life without him, and that I can live happily, not just for me, but for our two adult daughters. My question to you both is this, why do I feel so disconnected from him? Over the past x twenty five years I have studied reiki, crystals, meditation, yoga, to row cards, and other energy healing modalities. I certainly don't profess to be an expert, but I have always felt intuitive and connected to Spirit. So when he died, I expected the signs, expected the connection. I just expected more. I have read that it takes time for someone from the other side to be ready to connect. Recently, I have started dreaming about him, but he is just there and either irritating me or simply being frivolous. There are no profound messages or declaration of his love for me. Even my to row and oracle cards don't seem to have the shine they had before. I seem to be questioning everything now and wondering if I ever had any type of intuitive gift or connection as now it seems to have all but left me. Where are the signs I so desperately want from him? Or am I not open enough to re Do you perhaps have any advice on how to reconnect with Spirit, whether it is mine or his? Or am I being too hard on myself and expecting too much? Okay, First of all, I am so very very sorry about the loss of your life mate. To lose him has i'm sure been extremely difficult, and please know that our hearts are with you. Second, you've answered your own questions In many ways. What I have always been shown is that time is different on the other side, as the person on the other side goes through a life review and goes through the process of being acclimated and learning and growing and making plans perhaps to come back to this plane or to move on. A book I would really recommend, and I know we recommend this book all the time, but we mean it is Testimony of Light by Helen Greeves, where she talks about her friend who's a nun who is on the other side explains to her what happens on the other side to folks once they crossover. I will tell you that your feelings of disconnect, your feelings of oh what am I doing wrong? I've tried all these things and nothing's working. That is a normal part of the grieving process. What you're doing is very normal, And I use that word with big quotation marks because I'm not even sure there is such a thing as normal grieving, but it's certainly fairly common among folks who are grieving to have this roller coaster of emotions and beliefs and challenges to yourself and to the universe and to so much around you. Believe it or not. As hard as it is, it's also quite healthy to ask all of these questions and to just wonder. The other thing I think that we often do is we have this expectation of some kind of big reconnect that is deeply meaningful and really overt and really big, and sometimes it's just not. And sometimes what you get is that they just come and say, well, I'm okay over here, and you're okay over there, and I just want to say hi. And sometimes that's what you get. And sometimes you get nothing, and you wonder why. And the answer is, we don't know why. We don't know what that relationship we had that was so incredibly deep and powerful here on this plane does or does not continue to connect or reconnect from the other side. We don't have an answer for that. But I will tell you that your abilities to be intuitive have not left you, but they've taken a break. This intuitive work and grief work are both hard work, and sometimes I don't think we can always do them simultaneously. Don't be hurtling yourself, give yourself permission to just be here now. I can't speak about losing a marriage partner, but I can speak about this. When our wonderful friend, Jean the Palm Reader died. We've been friends for fifty years. It never crossed my mind she wouldn't come and hang out with me. We did for fifty years. Where's she going, dow, She's never been. You can go back and listen to a podcast episode that Joel and I did soon after she died, about this incredible treasure hunt that she created to teach me the one thing, the one last gift she wanted to give me, and it was two words, be happy. Just be happy. But it was a whole convoluted process to get that information. It was not Jeane coming and sitting on the side of my bed as I thought she would do. I don't know. I think she's busy on the other side. I think she had a lot of folks over there she needed to see and connect with. She had a lot of work to do to review her life and to look at where she's going. So keep in mind that your husband is doing what he needs to do on the other side right now, and give yourself permission to do what you need to do on this side, and be kind impatient with yourself.
Speaker 2: You know what I wonder, too, Deb, what there could be anger here? I know if I lost my life partner and I was only fifty five, I'd be pissed.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, and that's a normal part of the grieving process. It's normal to be angry.
Speaker 2: You know how. You just have this expectation of how your life will go, like we'll retire at this age, and then we'll travel, and then we'll do this, and then this will happen. And when that's ripped from you, there's anger. Anger will block intuition and mediumship stronger than I think, maybe even fear or doubt and the other thing that I never talk about. And I might delete this if you tell me too, Deb. When I've done mediumship readings, very often the person who has just died is sad too for a bit. And I never say that because I don't want anyone to think of their loved ones as being sad on the other side. But they're people, and sometimes they're upset that they died and they're missing you, and they're upset that they can't experience these chapters of living life with you, and it takes them some time to acclimate to that, and so it might be a whole combination of all of that. It doesn't mean that he's not on the other side. It doesn't mean that he's just footloose and fancy for and like, well, I hope she figures it out. No, I will bet you that he is trying so hard to work through his own emotions in his healing, but then he has to learn how to connect energetically with you. I had a friend and her father died and her mother was just not doing well with the grief, and nobody had gotten any signs or inkling or anything from him, and she asked me to tune in. And his energy was so specific, tob it was like one plus one plus one equals three. Like he would give me a symbol and then a symbol and then a symbol, and I'd have to put it together to get the message. And it was kind of frustrating and long, but he came through really, really well. She said, Oh, he was a scientist, so that makes sense. He didn't know. He didn't know how to connect with someone like me. He didn't know how to flicker a light bulb for his wife. He didn't know. And when he connected with me, I remember him saying, this is so fun, Like he just didn't know. So they do have to learn everything about energy when they get over there and how they can connect with us. But I just I just would give yourself some grace and time to work through the anger. And if you are angry and try to be okay with that too.
Speaker 1: Feelings are not right a wrong page of star.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does that make sense? Like both of my sisters have heard from my dad and I haven't. And I'm the medium, I'm the intuitive one.
Speaker 1: But I think you're the one who was with him every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm so pissed that he's gone. And I know that makes no sense. The man was eighty three, like you know, it's not like he was fifty five like this listener. But I'm still angry, and so I think I still have to work through that.
Speaker 1: And that may be you know that you say that that may be a part of of mine. Is you know, damn it, Jane, why did you leave me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But she was ninety three, hello, you know, and tired. She was tired, she was ready to go.
Speaker 2: So one worth thing. I would just recommend that this listener work on not even connecting with spirit or your wonderful husband, but just connecting with yourself, you know, yeah, and just being being okay with the sadness and the loss and the anger. Well not but you'll never be okay with it, but you know, sitting with it so that you don't judge yourself for being mad at his death or even mad at him. That's okay too, but I think you need to give yourself time to sit with all those emotions.
Speaker 1: I do too, And I will just say this. When each of my parents died, I put myself in therapy with a grief counselor, and it was incredibly helpful to have a consistent meeting with someone who was professional, who had no emotional ties to the situation at all, and who just heard me. And that was so helpful to me.
Speaker 2: That's a great suggestion too, Okay. Our next one says, I'm currently working through an addiction and focusing on grounding and healing. I was hoping you might have recommendations for crystals that could support me during this process, especially ones that pair well with grounding techniques and emotional stability. Do I have crystal recommendations? Yes, I do think. I think the first one I would recommend is amethyst because it is called the all healer, but it is also called the stone of sobriety. You want to hear a funny legend story, deb Oh, yeah, good. The reason why the Romans would make their wine goblets out of amethyst was because it was known as the stone of sobriety, and it was said that you couldn't get drunk if you drank wine from an amethyst goblet. And think about Roman days. I mean, they couldn't walk around with their stanley jugs of water like we do. They had to drink wine basically all day, so there was a risk of being aneebraided all the time. But historians now believe that the reason why they would pour wine into amethyst goblets is that they would water it down so much to save money and it would still look purple because it was in a purple goblet, and that's why it became known as the stone of sobriety because you couldn't get drunk of water down wine. I would also recommend lipidolite because it is a stone of emotional stability and it is just a very calming stone that helps to clear overthinking thoughts. Pyrite would be another good one, the golden pyrite, because it really does seal in your intentions and helps break bad habits. Sunstone I would also recommend because it's such a happy stone and it gives courage and confidence so that we can continue on with sobriety. Clear chords to help you really focus on what it is you are achieving in your journey. Black obsidian for again the grounding that you asked for and the protection. You cannot beat Black obsidian for that. And rodonite again for emotional stability, but also for grief work and healing, because I think when you're going through the healing process of addiction, a lot of stuff comes up, and rodonite is a great stone to help you deal with that with some self love.
Speaker 1: Tiger's Eye is coming to mind, Samantha, you have thoughts on that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that would make sense because it's grounding, it's protective. But the gold and the tiger's eye also helps in similar ways to the pyrite and the sunstone. It's incredibly protective. It was used for years as a talisman against the evil eye or people who are ill wishing you or jealous of you. But it also works on the root and solar plexus chakra, so it will ground you but also empower you to set healthy boundaries.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that is hard work. Working through addiction issues is hard, hard work. And really be kind and gentle with yourself. I don't know which method you're following. I don't need to know, but whichever it is, if it is working for you, work it as they say.
Speaker 2: I just had a thought. You know, my dad used to carry his AA chips every day with such pride, and he'd take them out and you know, put them on his bureau every night. They should make amethyst chips for AA.
Speaker 1: Well that thing.
Speaker 2: That's a good play, right, because we really my dad would often carry his in his pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can remember him like flipping them in his pocket with his thumb and forefinger.
Speaker 1: You know, almost using him like a worry stone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they should make those out of amethyst.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I bet you that this listener could find a worry stone made of amethyst, yeah, and put it in the pocket and use it that way too. I'm sure you could. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I would recommend maybe doing a crystal grid with those stones, And just because I recommended them in debt, you know, if they don't resonate with you, use what resonates with you. But you do want to get something like amethyst that is said to help us break bad habits and heal, or something like lipidolite or rotonite for that stability, and put it all into a crystal grid with your affirmation at the center, underneath a larger pyramid or obelisk shaped stone. Okay, let's take our first quick break and we'll be right back with some more wonderful questions.
Speaker 1: Hi, folks, if you haven't gotten your copy of Crafting the Wheel of the Year, which I co authored with Claire Gelder, you can order it directly from my website, Debbowen dot com. And I also want to remind you that I offer Animal Guide Report, Sports and Numerology Reports and some other e booklets on my website and mark your calendars for this. On Sunday, March twenty ninth, join me and Claire for a zoom workshop that focuses on the Celtic holiday of Ostara as we welcome spring. I'll discuss the cultural and spiritual aspects of the season, and Claire will teach you great crafts. So register on my website Deboten dot com and finally, please subscribe to my substack. The subscribe button is at the bottom of the homepage of my website and my substack is truly the best way to keep up with my dates at all my offerings. So I look forward to working with you. Thanks so much, everybody. Okay, Samantha, Our next one says, I'm in my mid fifties, married to a wonderful husband, and I am a school teacher. I've been teaching for almost thirty years. I've really been interested in your q and as episodes where you had teaching or teacher related questions. It has given me the confidence to send you my email. Let's just say, teaching isn't getting any easier, boy? Is that the truth. I love the job, but every day is different. I enjoy the creative process of preparing lessons and get such a feeling of satisfaction when you see that light bulb moment with a child. However, some weeks I am beyond exhausted, both physically and mentally. I've come home crying as I've walked through the door because I am so drained, and I know I'm not alone. Sometimes the biggest issue I have to deal with is the parents. I'm always polite and positive to parents, but I don't always get the same in return. Also, there's so much negativity out there, with parents creating what's at groups and social media discussing you and your interactions with their children, questioning things. It's heartbreaking sometimes where is the respect that we had for each other? So after a long ramble, my question is how can I manage my evenings, my weekends, and my half term breaks. I lie in bed rerunning the day through my mind, thinking about the next day and the next day. I'm drained. I feel like quitting. Some days I meditate, but it's getting harder and harder. I take long walks in the woods near my house, but find myself unable to switch off. I'm also caring for my mom, who is in her eighties, and let me tell you this, it's not easy. Ooh. I've taken a deep breath after that one Samantha.
Speaker 2: That's a lot she's in this sandwich generation. And when she said how parents are creating what's app groups and social media groups to discuss you, that is something you and I did not have to deal with when we were teaching. That nothing no but my tea.
Speaker 1: Yes we did, but that was usually just students. It wasn't parents, although towards the end of my time at teaching, I did have an interesting and unpleasant experience with a student's parent, even though my student was a university student and an adult. But in any case, let me go back to this gal's question here. Let me offer just some practical suggestions for you, in addition to the emotional suggestions. When you walk into your house in the afternoon after school, go straight to the laundry room, take the clothes off that you have been wearing to work, and jump in the shower and literally and metaphorically wash off your day. Literally the water will help cleanse you, not just physically, but also if you can envision that that water is also realigning and connecting your chakra energy to bring you back to center. That is one of the best ways I know to delineate your time from your work turned and you put that the clothes you've been wearing in the washing machine and let them get the gunk off of them that they've absorbed all during the day. I also can't recommend enough to you that you carry stones with you to work. Who was I talking to a while back who said that she needed a different broad size because she always has all these rocks that are bra And I thought, oh boy, but you know, put a stone in your desk drawer, maybe even something. And this sounds very simplistic, and Samantha's probably got additional suggestions for this, but a piece of clear courtz so that while you're in that space with your students and potentially with having to talk to parents, that you've got some clarity and support from that rock. One of the things that I hear you saying you do is that you meditate and you go for walks and whatnot, and it's hard to turn it off. I know it's hard to turn it off, probably because you're a good teacher. You come home at night and think, oh, here's something I can add to tomorrow's left. So you never quit working, walk away from it. Give yourself permission to do something different, whether it's making a jigsaw puzzle or reading a nonsensical book that didn't matter, whatever it is, give yourself those very clear boundaries. No, it's not a dirty word. It is a complete sentence. Give yourself permission to do something fun. Don't do what I call the yeah but syndrome, which is when you think, oh, today's Saturday and I could go yard sailing, for example, Yeah, but I probably stay home and clean the toilet. No, get out of the house and go. The toilet will be there when you get home. Eyebrotheros with the mom thing. I recommend that there are support groups available. They're online groups. I know I used to when I was helping to take care of my parents, had belonged to a website or followed a website. I think it was caregiver dot org. I may add that wrong, but really gave me some great suggestions. Give yourself permission to take care of you. That's really what this boils down to for me, Samantha. You want to add to.
Speaker 2: Yeah and really treat your time as your treasure. Absolutely, and it might cost you money, and that's okay for now, if possible. So what I mean by that is when I was working and taking care of the kids and my mom and all of that. I stopped cooking for like a year. And was it expensive to order out or you know instacart stuff to my mom's house. Yeah it was, but you know what, it was worth it for that little bit because I had nothing left to give, and to me, cooking is a nurturing, giving thing, right. So whatever you feel is like a time eater in your life, try to find a way around it. Even if it's just you're like, oh, that's a waste of money, like I was. But even if it is and you can do it, do it because you need to treat your time off as your treasure as gold, because that's exactly what it is. Most of my friends are teachers in elementary school age and they are dealing with all of this. Some of the things that they do that have helped them. One they have started a group chat and it's on as like a video thing. It's a separate app thing, but they will video themselves rempting or shouting themselves out if they had a good day. That's really helpful to reach out to community. And they're from different schools. They're not all in the same school. They're not all on the same teaching team, which I think is helpful as well. Something else a lot of them do that I could not do, but I think it's a great idea. They all have to be at school at by seven fifteen, and so they get up at five so that they can have a slow morning. You know, some of them will go for a walk around the neighborhood or pray or meditate a little bit. But they wake up extra early so that when they get to school, they've already had that treasure of time for themselves. And I think that's really important as well. It's a difficult, difficult thing that you are going through, and I agree. I think the parents are getting worse. I think they're getting more vocal. One of my teacher friends, I think she had a master's in education, and she only needed a few credits to get her master's in library science. So she switched from teaching fourth grade to being the school librarian. She is over the moon happy. She's like, this is the easiest best job compared to being in the classroom and dealing with the parents.
Speaker 1: I had a friend who also did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm not saying leave your job, but I'm just saying sometimes when I get in those moments of like, oh my gosh, I had to take care of these kids all day. I have to take care of my family. I had to take care of my mom. That's a lot. And remembering and reminding yourself that you have options, I think can be really helpful.
Speaker 1: I agree, but that's helpful to her.
Speaker 2: Our next one says, concerning the last podcast, you said the souls we were given. We were given this body. We are souls, and we were all connected at the same instant. Some of us are more experienced at the different distant dimensional dungeons of dwelling. I always enjoy your ramblings. Keep up the good work. I'm surprised that we said the souls we were given. That was probably me, but I think this listener is right. We are souls, we were given a body. So I stand corrected.
Speaker 1: Well, and we are more Some of us are more experienced at the different distant dimensional dungeons of dwelling. Good gracious, have mercy, Thank you, and we will keep on rambling and hopefully rambling the correct direction. Thank you for that. Our next one says, I was visiting with my daughter and we talked about asking our guides to show us our spirit animals. She asked very specific questions to see her spirit animal, but feel she isn't doing it right. I think she got her answer. We are very involved with horses as I grew up and still work on a ranch and use horses for work. She has a couple of her own horses, but she kept seeing mustangs show up in different social media and had a lady come into her workplace who started talking about her mustang. I told my daughter that I think she got her answer, but she replied, but they can be domesticated, so I told her to ask her guide for confirmation. What are your thoughts on domesticated animals as guides. I think that it makes more sense to me for them to be wild animals for us to get our messages brought to us. But would like your opinion. Ooh, I love this question. First of all, In my beliefs and what I've been taught, most indigenous peoples don't use the word animal. For example, in the Lakota language, there's no such word as animal. We think in terms of people, people's plural or nations, and that there's no hierarchy among them. The ant person, for example, is just as an important and just as much unnecessary part of what's called the great gift giving circle of life as is the buffalo nation person. And there is no difference between dog person who lives in your home with you and a wolf person who lives in the Arctic. They are all the same in terms of their gifts and what they bring into connected universal energy. And when we think of animal that I use that word in our sense of the people in a big circle. We often see ourselves as humans in the center of that circle. We are not That circle is all of us two legged, four legged, swimming, crawling, flying, and standing. People's so to think, oh, well, it's not okay to have a quote domesticated animal person as a guide. Have you listened to me talk about Merlin the Magic cap. Not only were he and I best friends, he was also one of my greatest teachers. I trusted him more than I have probably trusted almost any other being in the world. His guidance and protection of me were always there. I would invite those folks listening who question and say, oh wait, I just saw a hawk that must be my guide. Well, the people who come to us are not always just permanent folks with us for our lifetime, but they come at a particular moment to teach us a particular lesson, to invite us to look at the world in a different way. So justice, perhaps that hawk person may be your teacher. So is the blue jay. Example. While Samantha and I have been recording this episode this morning, I have watched a little Carolina wren sit on the banister of my deck all morning, and every once in a while she I don't know why. I think it's a she will fly away and then come back. Well, probably given the time of year it is, this wren is looking for a good place to build a nest eventually here. But nonetheless, I know that there is a lesson for me this morning because of this wren being nearby. And when we finish recording, I will go back to some notes that I have made about another experience I had with a wren some years ago to be reminded of why maybe this wren has returned to me this morning. So everyone is a teacher for everyone, regardless of domestication or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's important to remember, like you were saying, some animal people come to us just as a sign or a reminder or a message. It doesn't mean that they are our guides. When my daughter moved to college, the first month, she saw ladybugs everywhere. I mean she basically had wood like living in her door room that she would snap a picture and send it to me. I think that Ladybug came to her for that first month just to say, you're going to have a lot of good luck this year. This is going to be a good year. And it really was. But I don't think the ladybug is like her spirit guide, her animal guide.
Speaker 1: Yah, you don't know, because one of the things that we do is discount Miselle. Probably not that Ladybuger's probably not there with her forever. And you may be absolutely right about that. But what's important is to be in the now with the information you're getting and the guidance and the support you're getting, and.
Speaker 2: Just to acknowledge it and say thank you and recognize it. Great question. Okay, let's take our last break. We'll be right back. Hey guys, I'm teaching a live webinar in March hosted by the Edgar Cacare if you want to learn more about the magical potential in your dreams, how to work with your subconscious through the dream state, and tips for remembering your dreams. Join me online March eighteenth at eight pm Eastern. To register, you can go to Edgarcacy dot org and click the Upcoming Events and Programs tab. And then in April, I'm teaching the Be your Own Psychic Class that will start Wednesdays in April on April eighth from seven to eight thirty pm Eastern. In this jam packed into active course, you'll learn how to work with your chakras to awaken and strengthen your intuition. You're partnered up with someone new from class each week to practice all of the exercises in the course. Some of the topics covered include working with guys and angels, how to start doing readings, finding your community, working with your clayers, and using psychic tools. The four week class includes lots of handouts, three guided MP three meditations, and class recordings. Just go to Samantha Fay dot com and click the upcoming events tab. Hope to see you there. Welcome back, okay. Our last one says, I'm writing to you with a question related to chord cutting. After reading your Psychic Protection E course you offer and doing the practice. A few things came up. In my first session. I cut chords to three successive people. After each cut, I dwelled in the golden aura for some time to allow it to settle. Then, when I felt ready, I simply asked where else I had a negative cord that needed to be cut. After an initial successful cut, I received an image of an old employer friend and immediately saw the cord attached at our respective throat chakras, so I cut it. This was a friend from some years ago, with whom I had always felt a heavy, intense and chaotic energy. It felt good to release this. I then asked one last time to see a person with whom I had a negative cord. The person that came up for me was an ex partner, whom I consider a karmic friend in the sense that from the get go our paths seemed linked in a powerful way. I've always felt that the energy between us was intense, heavy, and charged, perhaps with the tinge of darkness, which I always simply interpreted as the energy of the trauma she carries, which she has been working at shedding for years through plant medicine, ceremonies and herbal concoctions. As well as energy work. Many people likewise find her energy quite intense. Essentially, I feel that she is a being who has a lot on her heart, but who is genuinely driven towards light, which is why I've wanted to keep her in my life, should she ever need help on her journey or just someone to talk to. When I did the practice, I saw that we were linked by a cord that was sort of messy, goopy, black slime and shreds of duct tape, and it was attached at my root chakra and her heart chakra. I decided to trust my intuition and cut this cord, which felt good overall, all the more so because I had just done two previous chord cuttings. I noticed what seemed like unwholesome spirits get released from the cut and had to use an indigenous style sharp toothed wooden sword to do the cut. My question is, does cutting a chord with someone like this partner mean that I commit myself to no longer engage with this person. Can we have many chords with someone, some of which are positive and some of which are negative, or is it always one chord, the emotional tenor of which ruppers sense the whole dynamic can cord cutting act as an energetic reset, so that if we reattach we won't be carrying the baggage of many years. This is a person I've known for about a decade, and it's only in the last year that the relationship became very much attuned to growth and healing. I have many other friends that come to mind that struggle with addiction, depression, and so on, and yet I know they benefit greatly from the time we spend together, perhaps sitting to do meditation or just having a call to let them know they're doing all right and that I'm there for them. These are all beings that I will deliberately evoke in my prayers as I send spiritual companions and guides and angels to help them dispel confusion and cultivate inner peace. In your practice, where do you strike a balance between including these heavier people for whom we feel deep compassion and setting a firm boundary reserved for positive beings. And again, I'll stress that the people I'm mentioning, even if they are struggling deeply with negative emotions, are very aware of the predicament and trying to move towards light. The whole question is, of course the result of my intuition hinting that I should cut a chord with someone whom, in my heart I consider to be a friend and fellow traveler on the path. I want to thank you in advance for any advice. The E course has been a real blessing. I'll be recommending it to friends. Thank you. All right, there's a lot to impact there. First of all, yes, you can have positive chords and negative chords with people. And when you do a chord cutting and you set the intention to see the negative chords, you're only going to cut the negative chords. Those positive chords are made of love. I don't even think they can be severed, because that's how strong love is as an energetic connection. But once you do cut a negative chord, it does not mean you're done with that person. I mean, deb how many times have we had to do chord cutting meditations for negative people at our life and they just record hello? Right, right, So don't worry about that. You're not going to sever that chord. And then that person's going to be like Jane, do who are you? I have no idea. You know they're not going to forget you. They will probably record, which is why we recommend doing a guided cord cutting meditation frequently because that will happen. Now, even if these people are going through a lot and need you, and you're there for them, and it sounds as though you really want to be there for them, you want them to know that you are there as a support. I think that is beautiful and speaks a lot to your character and the loving soul that you are. What I don't see in this email is what you receive from them, And I just think it is important. When you're intuitive and empathic and on this spiritual journey, we love to give, we love to help others, but we have to be cognizant of what are we receiving in return. And I don't mean that in a tit for tat way. I just really think it's important that you are also receiving something from them so that you are not completely draining your energy. So I would just ask you to really consider that there are some people who are on the spiritual path and they kind of enjoy always needing help and needing prayers and needing something and complaining and bemoaning and going over and over and over their past trauma. And if any of these people you're referencing are like that, I don't know. I think it can be a difficult thing for our energetic field to maintain them in our life. You can still send them a prayer, you can still light candles for them, you can still ask that they be surrounded by their guides and angels. But engaging with them every time that they need two hours on the phone or what have you. I think there needs to be some reflection there.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Oh, indeed, I do You can be very kind and empathetic and caring about someone and not have a chord connected to them. If you've sent me an email, you know this is true because you've seen it at the bottom of my email. Some years ago, I had a chord with an amazingly difficult energy vampire, exactly if Samantha described take take, take, take take, and gave nothing back. And I tried chord cutting, and I tried all sorts of stuff, and it would work for a bit, and then here we go again, the chord would come back. And what finally helped me was a mantra from the chorus from a song by Jewel and the name of the song is life uncommon, and the verse is no longer. Lend your strength to that which you wish to be free from lives with love and bravery, and you shall lead a life uncommon. And every time this person called me up and start and I could feel the chord coming, I quit hearing her. I literally blocked out whatever it was she was saying, and I started singing that line from Jewel in my head, and guess what, she went away. So the chord cutting is a great exercise, and it's a great thing to do when it's needed. But you also have some ancillary support to use with that process if you should choose to use it, And in my case, I use song lyrics, but there's certainly other things as well, so you don't have to do chord cutting in a vacuum. I guess that's what I'm saying here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. But this person is doing everything right and has absolutely beautiful, perfect intentions. I just that was the one thing that stood out to me, is that this person is always showing up for these people, and I just think you have to sometimes when do you show up for me? Right?
Speaker 1: And to show up for yourself is to say I have clear boundaries, and here we are. And again, like I said a few minutes ago to another email, we gotten, no is a complete sentence and it's okay to say it sometimes. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean those energy vampires. The one you're talking about, if I'm thinking of the same person, was just not a very nice person. But there are energy vampires who are incredibly kind. They don't even know their energy vampires.
Speaker 1: Oh, absolutely not. I can tell you that this person would would have believed that she was just you know, right up there with the good guys with kindness, and that she was the victim who.
Speaker 2: Not So no, no, So I would I would keep doing your cord cutting meditation, and I would also just reflect on the give and take of these relationships and keep lighting the candle, like we said before, doing all that beautiful things. But you might want to consider cutting a chord to any aspect of yourself that feels as though you have to show up for everyone. And the book I would recommend us one we talk about all the time on the show, just like with Helen Graves, is Sacred Selfishness by doctor Bud Harris. So it's a good one that reminds us it's okay to put ourselves first sometimes, and that we have to shine a light on ourselves if we're going to shine a light on others.
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 2: These were really good questions, and some of them were really heavy, And I just want to remind everyone how honored deb and I feel when you take time to sit down and compose an email to us, because it's, like the teacher listener said, all of the questions that other teachers have sent in gave her the courage to send hers in. But it also reminds us that we're all we're all walking this path together, and we're all dealing with heavy stuff, and it does lighten and lessen our burden when we vocalize it and share it with others. There is something so powerful about just putting words to what it is you're going through. Don't you agree?
Speaker 1: I do. We're honored to do this episode every month, and we appreciate your questions and understanding that we get so many that there's no way we can answer them in person, but we're happy to be able to find at ones that come in that are helpful that we think will also be helpful to others who are listening as well. So that's how we do that.
Speaker 2: If you want to send in a question or story, just email us Psychic Teachers at gmail dot com. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook by searching Psychic Teachers, and please take a moment to give us a five star review because it really does help grow our show and help it pop up in the algorithms of more people can find us and we can continue growing our community. We so appreciate you. We hope you have a beautiful, wonderful, happy week. Remember as always, to be the light for yourself and others.
Speaker 1: Heay care everyone.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers, your podcast for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers. If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review wherever you listen to your podcast. For more information, check out our Facebook page Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and deb Bowen dot com. Thanks for listening and have a great week.