Speaker 1: So it turns out the majority of Christians really do believe the Internet is for pawn. It's all about the best thing since Playboy to hit the shelves and the same thing as the color of mayonnaise to hit the bedsheets. Shall we say? The church has decided that Paul is nothing but porn pawn as we go around and we remember that the Internet is actually for pawn, so they decided to upset the church by regarding the pawn on the Internet as well. Just that this is one of the strangest articles I think I've read, because it's one of the first surveys to actually acknowledge that, well, people like me and AJ actually quite enjoy porn. Women forty percent of all church going women admit to enjoying porn, and over seventy percent of men are doing exactly the same. So why is the church so upset? Because it seems that the pawn is the encryption Nite to the church and is keeping them as isolated as you can. And the church seems to think this is some kind of a problem. However, Faith Buire by Trey Agyns Phillips on the twenty fourth of October twenty twenty four explain that this probably isn't what you think it is.
Speaker 2: I find this article amusing more for the language used than the actual substance of the story. They use terms like the struggle of Christians with their porn habit?
Speaker 1: And is this there's a pornography watching none with a porn habit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: You know it's a put on.
Speaker 2: It's a problem. You know, well, how else is she going to, you know, get entertainment given who she's married to? Anyway, the struggle of Christians with their porn habit as if there's a struggle with porn anyway, it just doesn't make much sense. It's the characterization of it. And like you were saying, why is it an issue at all? Seventy five percent of Christian men and forty percent of Christian women view porn at least occasionally too funny couch in terms of who is helping you with your struggle with porn, and they say no one. Yeah, I give porn a big deal. I would say, what struggle? And when? Then the old trope of being alone is where the enemy is? So if you're alone watching porn, that that's where the enemy is. And nobody's watching out for you. What a load, man, that's just awful.
Speaker 3: You I you know, as soon as I've started within the auticle, I was told that it was so biased and it was by faith Wire, so you know, it's a Questian website and you can tell that the writer was religion and that the study release is actually just a survey done by a company called Barna Group, and this is an organization that tracks the role of faith in America. They've partnered with another organization and they interview and research if you can even call it that, with a focus on Protestant Christian denominations and Catholic churches. It's you can't get seriously.
Speaker 1: This article must be satire, pure desire ministries. Serious, you can't be serious pure desire ministries. I mean really, I.
Speaker 3: Have to look them up because I was like, that cannot be a real thing. But yeah, it's it's actually a recovery group and on their website they claim that lives and relationships are being destroyed by the effects of on wanted sexual behavior and be to aal trauma and they hope no.
Speaker 1: Such yeah, the sex addiction. Yes, no such thing as porn addiction. It doesn't exist. Now, all these sex therapists that come after me, please come after me being somebody who enjoys sex, being a sex positive individual, and somebody who is not ashamed to say, I watch pornography and my wife goes, that's great, honey, And I go to my wife. Whatever pornography you decide to indulge in, that's great too, because guess what, we have a healthy relationship with real It's not going to drive a wedge between my wife and I. Pornography is not something that is designed to get in the way of your relationship. We don't have less sex because we both watch pornography or both indulge or engagement pornography. Kiss what, we still have lots of sex. We still enjoy each other's company. And if sex is falling out of the window because you have decided that pornography is taking over, maybe you have a bigger problem that you may not find your spouse or partner attractive anymore. It's not the man you sue Pfiser because you couldn't get a hard on around his wife after you took viagra. Sorry, mate, that ain't phisers fault that your wife is no longer somebody you lust after.
Speaker 2: You know, the struggle porn. You know, they stated that they were not free from I'm saying free from what inhibitions? Sexual repression?
Speaker 1: Free as in liberty, as in freedom, kind of free.
Speaker 2: It's ironic. It is so ironic, it's amusing, you know, like I, you know, I may be just a very strange person, but I laughed through a lot of us. You know, the idea that porn is demonic, demonic, porn is demonic, then why.
Speaker 1: Are they having you know, you get dressed up, you put a couple of horns on, and then your hoy that.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to keep shame. I'm not going to kick shame anybody for that. But you know, but if the porn is demonic, but so many people use it, I can see a way we can destroy all religion. And that is just produced more porn. Right, So you know, hey, you know, just an idea, just a thought. It's hard for pastors to deal with it because they use it themselves, and so that is truly tew and so they can't pick on their congregation if the congregation knows that they're being that hypocritical.
Speaker 3: But you're not alone. You're not alone in that sentiment of laughing, because you know, I have to laugh a little at the whole idea of biblical sexual ethic, because the Bible is pretty much an ancient sex manual, right, It's like they're.
Speaker 2: A disturbing one at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are just so many passages.
Speaker 1: Our Bible to replace in not the onion.
Speaker 3: But I mean, you see so many different passages about how and with whom you're allowed to have sex with in the Bible itself. And you know, this whole anti pornography idea likely comes from some of the verses that said that anyone who looks at a woman lost fully has already committed adultery with her.
Speaker 1: In there's question for the pair, what is the definition of pornography?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean to me, I don't. I don't think it's like the hardcore porn that people think of. Like pornography can be just like soft porn, like you know, sexy pictures. It can be anything.
Speaker 2: They might even show your petticoats. You know, it clows up a little bit, shock shocker. In themes, pornography is anything that can be that it has is sexually stimulating to to either watch or view. I guess with the A and is done is made with the intent of of doing so. But you know, I don't know what the dictionary definition is, but that seems to be I don't know. Hugh Heffner might have his own definitely.
Speaker 1: Know it's six for under now, yeah, under a lot of things, but you know he's six for.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say sex for other other things too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think that sex and pornography are the enemy here, and they're not the cause of the harm. It's like it's the purity culture mentality that is causing harm to people. Like I said, toxic idea that you must stay pure according to God's rules and be saved, and that your body is not your own anymore, you know it it's the property of God, like your body is his body. And this brings shame and people just just feel that way, and you know, it makes them hide their behavior more. It makes them feel that no matter what they do, unless it's like vanilla missionary position sex then and with a person of the opposite sex.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, you know the thing is that I don't understand why they're fighting this battle, because they'll lose it because they were fighting the nature of sexually dimorphic beings.
Speaker 1: Human sexually, there has to be some form of sexual reproduction. And I don't mean that. I don't mean that in like, you know, just you know, fornication. You have to have sexual reproduction. Human do not reproduce asexually. It's just not This's just not I was.
Speaker 2: I was saying that as a nod to our non human listeners, you know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I would say that some of the most interesting are you know lovers, you know, you know, giant Floridian East Eastern Atlantic lovers. They are really quite good when they go. They I mean they were. They have been known to engage in homosexuality and in all in multiple sex acts at the same time, so you will actually see like three or four of the lovers stacked on top of each other, as.
Speaker 2: You know, stack sex. I mean, this is so interesting actually, But while the obsession was sex in religion, every adult and most teens have sex, except maybe the ace folks, and some of them do too, so just not as often. But you know, it's just ridiculous because it's such an integral part of your personality and your life. It's not the whole part, but it is a part of you. So why are you trying to bottle it up and store it in the back cabinet and put a lock on it? That just makes it go bad, you know. So it's like, why would you want it to rot inside jam stuff?
Speaker 1: So I'm a woman and I was quite by this article actually accepting that, you know, we mean, consume pornography. What would your take on that, ag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is yeah, you're you know. I thought that it was interesting because the article said that forty percent, as you mentioned, of Christian women admitted to using porn to some degree, and the men's percentage was much higher as seventy five percent, which is actually about the same percentage of non Christian women that use porn. So outside of Christianity, where in Christianity is forty percent, outside Christianity seventy five percent, a lot of women use porn, you know. So I found that pretty interesting. It's something that secular, non religious people find quite common, quite normally, you know. Personally, for myself, it took me quite a few years from the point where I call myself ideas to the point where I realized that I had adopted so many Christian viewpoints, including a lot of the beauty culture ideals. And it took time for me to realize that people shouldn't be ashamed of sex in general. And this includes using pornography to help with the succesfe And like I said earlier, you've got to keep in mind that porn doesn't always mean the extreme hardcore porn. It can be any type of sexual material like soft porn, sexy pictures of their own partners.
Speaker 2: You know, we.
Speaker 1: Consentml being pornography carefully.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, I think these pastors need to go to a munch or to get invited to a sex party, enjoy themselves and find out what all the fuss is about, or just back off and leave your parishioners to their own devices. There are some really cool devices on the internet anyway. But you know, I just don't see what the problem is. You know, this is a natural function and all the rest of it is a natural function. You know, just keep your keep all that crap to yourself, you know, don't bother other people with it, you know, and have some fun, you know, you know, play with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is, But but religion has made sex such an awful thing, like in Catholic faith, for example, self pressure, porn or believed to defile the sanctity of marriage, because marriage is meant to be meet in a man and a woman. That's what the Bible sells. Well, I guess a man, a woman, and God.
Speaker 2: Maybe, so he's the third and third man out. And I see, now we're getting into some interesting stuff. If there's three of them, it's a three buyer.
Speaker 1: So anyway, here's a question that the race is interested. So what if a married couple make pornography and during that made me the pornography conception occurs. Is that acceptable?
Speaker 3: No, it's not, because I think they believe, as I said, that the body belongs to Jesus, to God. So basically the only motive for having sex is for reproduction. I guess, because you know, God always tells the man the Bible to multiply and MULTIPLI it so go.
Speaker 1: Forth and multiplies. Spread your seeds inside, only spread your seat outside. Is no.
Speaker 3: But that whole idea, yeah, that whole idea of the embodied into God is just extremely harmful to me because it takes away your marry autonomy. I imagine that this is why so many twists and church leaders have such a big issue with you know, the sexual behavior behavior. It's like they are the ones committing analysts horrible sexual clients against children even it's just absolutely despicable.
Speaker 2: The attempt to demonize having fun with fantasy really does cause damage to people. What we really need is less religious oppression of.
Speaker 1: For everybody.
Speaker 2: Sex education and acceptance of sex is natural to all species that use it, you know, just we have to educate people so that they know that it's okay, that what you're feeling and doing is not bad. It's not okay. It might not be necessary necessarily to do anything with, but it sure is fun. And why deny yourself on sex. Sex is more than just reproduction, it's it's another But actually that's another day's topic, I guess. So, yeah, secular sexuality. I really missed secular sex.
Speaker 1: The archives. You can just watch me on secular sexuality a lot.
Speaker 3: Ye know, I completely agree with you that openly discussing sexuality, especially with when young adults with you know, like teenagers, like we are not saying that they have to go and have sex. You just have to have those discussions with them in order to prepare them for yeah, for when they're ready to write and.
Speaker 1: Them that going to say, I'm going to say some things. Yeah, sex will happen whether you talk about or not. Pornography will be consumed whether you ban it or not. Pornography will be produced, whether it's forbidden or a boat or not. And sex and pornography will be used in exactly the same amount regardless of whether you legalize it, regulate it, demonize it, or whatever. Because guess what, people were making pornography in a warning England. People were making pornography in Tudor England, and people were making pornography in medieval England, so.
Speaker 2: A long time ago. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other thing that comes with it is you then get this purity culture of nonsense of where nudity itself becomes some kind of a no no. Where you have seen throughout history of you know, women being required to cover up and all this, that and the other, and protests happening in Iran where a woman who was complaining about sexual harassment goes off and was arrested as a result. That's because I don't know what it is is skin. We've all gone in a skin. What does it really matter how much or how little skin you're showing off? Yes, I can understand for hygiene reasons. You may not want to, you know, see where someone's you know, waste material comes out. I can understand that here's the real question. Who decided that from here to here and my shoulders being covered or uncovered was acceptable? And who said that this part of my arm had to be covered or uncovered? Who makes these rules? Who comes up with this nonsense and decide to enforce it all? Because I want to show.
Speaker 2: It was designers. It wasn't the fashion designers, and.
Speaker 1: You know Jean Paul Gautier and I like that.
Speaker 2: They were all about more skin.
Speaker 1: Actually, Johnny Vasari, it was definitely about more scheme.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 3: Does it does make me wonder now, like were they that even that modesty idea came from? Because modesty in the Bible is not really described, but it doesn't really say, hey, you can't show this part as this part or this part. It's just you know, just says modesty. So like who came up with it?
Speaker 2: There was some guy in the patriarchy who thought that it was, you know, better to control what women wore. You ever noticed that it never was a real question about men except for one small area, but with women it went all the way down to the ankles at one point, lace collars from here down to the ankles, you know. And uh, and then you have burkas too in another But you know, but a full body covering for women and men are running out around with their shirts off, you know.
Speaker 1: Yes, as the protests in New York said, if you don't consider me to be a woman and it is fine for a man to wander around with no top on, please take a look at my breasts.
Speaker 2: But do you know what.
Speaker 3: It comes down to. It all goes back to dispurity mentality, okay, and it goes back to putting women as the responsible ones for not tempting men. So I think they'll just want woman to cover up so that the men are not tempted.