Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: Welcome, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 1: It is time now for our community connection right here on Gay one, the one you trust Tory Potters with is today on this grand, glorious Friday, before we start seeing a lot of rain and animals lining up too by two.
Speaker 2: Can't you believe it's November?
Speaker 3: No idea. I know I can't either. I just love it though, I love, love love it. I love the holiday season. And I'm here today to talk about Bartles Valai's Connection again. You know, that's one of my passions, one of the things that I just truly, truly and love being a part of and getting to meet all the different ladies in our community and the surrounding area who come. Bartles Valay's Connection is an organization that doesn't have membership or dues. You just come to one of our events and you're a part of us. Then you know you can come when you can, and we know people are busy. We have monthly events. It's usually the second Thursday of the month, and this time is our annual fall fundraiser event that we do, which is always something that everybody looks forward to. We go out to Hillcrest Country Club, once a year and it's our most expensive event. It's twenty dollars to come, but it's well worth it because you get a great holiday dinner usually turkey and dressing and green beans and pumpkin dessert and you know, things like this. It's just really fabulous. But what we do is we have our silent auction and so people will bring things. You can bring things, or you can take things home or buy things, you know, whichever or do both. But we'll have all kinds of homemade items, whether it be craft type items for the holidays, whether it be yummy good pies and candies and cakes and you know, things like this, Lots of good things like that, just a variety of things on our silent auction, and all the proceeds will go toward our organization. We're under Stonecroft Ministries, but it's Bartlesville A's connection and we do the local jail ministry here in town, which I heard earlier today the sheriff was talking about and given a plug for how we're involved there at at the local jail. But anyway, so that helps our funds to be able to keep our costs down in all that we do and provide Bible studies and things like this for the ladies there as well as low cost Bible studies for people in our community who want to be involved too.
Speaker 2: But again back to our upcoming event.
Speaker 3: It's called our Holiday Extravaganza Lunch and Silent Auction Hill Chriss Country Club and that happens to be November.
Speaker 2: Fourteenth this year.
Speaker 3: The second Thursday is November fourteenth, so we're still a little bit time to plan for it.
Speaker 2: If you want to make something, bake something.
Speaker 3: One of the things that has been a highlight for the last oh gosh, maybe ten years as we've done a cake centerpiece competition. And what we do is people will decorate cakes, and I mean they are phenomenal. They are so fancy and cultated. Yes, yes, I mean, you know, sometimes they're very simple. I mean sometimes simple is beautiful, so they'll be very simple and beautiful, but sometimes they're very intricate with little details of decorative time things that are made out of candy or fondant or whatever type of frosting that they might be using for it. And so they usually they're kind of on a holiday type theme too, so that people can purchase them. There are centerpieces but they're up for a part of the silent.
Speaker 2: Auction, so you can purchase them.
Speaker 3: What I usually do is purchase one or two and I plan on one for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas.
Speaker 2: I wrap them up well and.
Speaker 3: Cell a fane and put it in my freezer and then pull it out and people think, I really have a fancy dessert for the holidays.
Speaker 2: And it was pretty easy. I got it at Bartlesvi Lady's Connection.
Speaker 3: But anyway, we do have a competition amongst it too, and we'll have first, second, and third place prizes. The first prize is dinner for two at Hill Chris Country Club, second prize is dinner for two at Sterling's Grill, and third prize is come Bartsville A's connection to people to be able to come to that. So we have for second and third place prizes for it. Everybody when they come in the door gets a little marble and they choose their favorite and they put the marble.
Speaker 2: And the little cup next to the cake that they like best.
Speaker 3: Those all the cakes, like you said, are part of the silent auction, but the top three go into the live auction, and then we do a live auction and that's a whole lot of fun too, and to be able to raise some more money for our organization as well.
Speaker 2: So it's really a fun time.
Speaker 3: It's a neat uplifting day and things too, because again we always have an inspirational speaker at our Bartlesville as Connection events, and this one is coming to us from Texas. She's coming from Amarillo and her name is Leney Jacob and she talks about Toolbox for the Broken Soul, and so she's got this really interesting little talk that she'll be giving us as an inspiration for the events. So one other thing that we have for this time, and sometimes we do and sometimes we don't, is we have a little raffle going to and Sudi Freeland has given us a beautiful turquoise necklace that you've got to see to believe. It's sterling silver and turquoise and one of those oh I can't think of know what you call the design for it. Anyway, it's fabulous, it's big, it's big and fabulous, lots of turquoise, twelve hundred dollars value.
Speaker 2: She gave it to us to part of a raffle. So we have a raffle and you can get tickets ahead of time.
Speaker 3: You can just see me come by the station here and if you can't come to the event and you're interested in that, you can get tickets ahead of time, or you can get tickets the day of our event as well, but that's part of it. Also as part of the raffle, there's a black Michael Coore's handbag too, so you have your choice either you want the handbag or that. Or there's also a set of Corinthian chimes. Those are the chimes that you get like a green thumb nursery that sound really beautiful, you know, and they have a great tone to them. Okay, So anyway, there's three items as part of our raffle, and so the first person's name who's drawn from the raffle will have their choices to let the jewelry, the purse or the chimes, and second person drawn will get the choice of the two that are left. And then the third one drawn will get the third item. But they're all fabulous prizes, so you know, anybody would enjoy it to have either any of the three. So the raffle tickets are really affordable. The more Raffle tickets you buy, the price comes down for each one too, So the more the merry you're with that. So I can help you with that if you're interested, just give me a holler here at the station or stop buy and get your raffle tickets for that.
Speaker 2: So that's our fall fundraiser.
Speaker 3: That's what we're doing. I'm coming up November fourteenth.
Speaker 2: Again. It's a great meal.
Speaker 3: We actually start Usually our luncheons are from eleven forty five to one, but this one we start eleven fifteen with the shopping, so we'll have shopping from eleven fifteen to eleven forty five, so you can kind of pre shop like that those who are working gals and basically just have the hour that they can be there. If you're still come at eleven forty five to one, you're not going to miss anything. You know.
Speaker 2: You just have to shop quicker. You just have to make your speed shop exactly. But you can still be a part of it.
Speaker 3: We do need reservations because we do have to turn in the count to to Hillcrest ahead of time so that they'll know how many are coming, how many to plan for how many tables we're going to have this type of thing, So we need to have that by Tuesday the twelfth at noon, so we can let them know, so anytime between now and then again, just let me know at the station and we'll get you a reservation for it and you pay at the door. We'll take cash, check your credit card. Usually we don't take credit cards, but for this event we do take credit card, and because we know people have larger purchases and things like this for what they're doing, so we'll be taking credit card for that if.
Speaker 2: We want to plan ahead.
Speaker 3: We're already working ahead toward our Winter Wonderland Luncheon. That's our December luncheon, and we're going to be at Tri County Tech, which is always a fabulous lunch. They seth and the team out there does a great job with lunch, so we have a good time with that. We're actually going to have a fashion show. Have some quilted dresses that are really interesting. They're beautiful, fun dresses that a local gal here makes and they're kind of an artisan type of address quill to dress, and most of her sales go to boutiques over like in the Bella Vista area and stuff too, because they are so unique and special. I have one I love it. It's the most comfortable thing you've ever worn. And I almost put it on today. I should have too bad. I should have been you could have seen it on the Facebook Live today. But anyway, it's really a fun little dress to wear. So's that's going to be December twelfth, So plan ahead for our Christmas luncheon, invite some friends to join us and just have a really good time for that. We'll have our speaker coming from us from Oklahoma City area.
Speaker 2: It's Frankie Watts. And those people who know J. C.
Speaker 3: Watts, who was the football player at OU and then he was a congressman, well Frankie is his wife, and so Frankie will be our speaker in December, and she does a great job, just a really inspirational talk that she has too. So that's something we're looking forward to in December's having Frankie be our speaker out at Tri County Tech. So mark our calendar is December twelfth for that. Again, we've got lots of things coming up in the new year. But that's enough right now.
Speaker 2: Let's get through the holidays.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you very much for dropping by, and they're giving us some good news and then some things to look forward to, appreciate it,