Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We're going to be live at Bravery Brewing up in Lancaster on Friday for our first news and bruis in several months, as a matter of fact, and the first one at twenty twenty five. We'll do the show live out there right on their patio. Beautiful patio. It's going to be incredible weather on Friday, so come on out say hi. If you're worried about lunch, do not because they have an award winning pizza kitchen there at Bravery Brewing as well, so you can grab some lunch and hang out, make a morning early afternoon of the whole thing.
Speaker 3: After the show ends.
Speaker 2: After the live show ends, we're actually going to record our Weekend Fix, the Gas Weekend Fix, which is the podcast that shows up on Saturdays that you don't get to hear during the rest of the week, and you have to be so you have to subscribe to the podcast to get it, So make sure wherever you are listening to the podcast that you subscribe to it.
Speaker 3: That'll just get dropped right.
Speaker 2: Into your there' a Q on Saturday mornings, but if you're out there on Friday afternoon, you'll watch us do it live. A bunch of stuff going on today right now. President Trump just welcomed the President of South Africa to the White House today, so we'll keep an eye on that. We have a little bit more about finding out about former President Biden's prostate cancer diagnosis and sort of what went into that. You heard doctor Jim Keeney with Handle there discuss what doctors look for when they look for it, what happens when you reach the age of seventy if you have not yet shown signs of prostate cancer. All of that is coming up. More problems with Newark Liberty International Airport, and for the third day in a row, if you can believe this, a terror in the Sky's segment is coming up a little bit later. There is a developing story out of the Middle East that is important we got to pay attention to, and that is that there is new intelligence that suggests that Israel is preparing a possible strike on Iranian nuclear facilities. And one of the reasons why this kind of raised the raised my back hair last night when I saw this for the first time. Was we just talked with Nick Berg, an author, an Iranian American born in Tehran, served in the American military of Special Operations in the Army and has some pretty interesting perspective on the relationship between not just the United States in Iran, but Iran and the rest of the world. This intelligence published by CNN, not the intelligence itself, but what it generally says is that Israel has been making preparations to hit Iranian nuclear facilities. Now, this would be a humongous break from what President Trump has been trying to do during his Middle East tour, I guess you could say it. Last week, one of the things that President Trump said was he was going to allow sanctions to expire against Syria so that Syria had a chance to kind of get back on its feet and be come a good neighbor not just to the Middle East, but to the rest of the world, signaling that he was willing to do something similar to Iran or with Iran, and that he would be willing to have more negotiations with Iran as long as Iran gives up its ambitions for a nuclear weapon. Now, Israel is not going to wait around for that. Israel has incredible intelligence and if they believe that Iran is closer to a nuclear weapon, they will not hold back and they will not necessarily ask for permission from the United States, but they would give us a heads up that they were about to bomb Iran into the Stone Age.
Speaker 3: Now again.
Speaker 2: We talked with author Nick Berg about this back on Monday, and I asked him specifically, what about these ongoing overtures from whether it's the United States or Europe, whatever, these ongoing discussions of giving up your nuclear ambitions in order to come back into the world of nations, getting into the good graces with everybody else around the world.
Speaker 4: Iran's government is really good at procrastinating. They have for years have done maybe we'll talk, maybe they go a little here, and then they take one step forward and five steps back. And that has been their strategy all along. As they get a little bit of reprieve, they clamp down internally on the people that are trying to rise against them. They do all of that, and then they go back to the to the old place.
Speaker 2: You can, by the way, check out Nick's book. It's called Shadows of Tehran. There's more information about it. Back on the podcast. You could just go back listen to the podcast and listen to that interview from Monday that I did with Nick. There is an important schism here because this means this intelligence that suggests Israel is prepping for some sort of a strike, I mean one of a couple of things. Number One, as I mentioned earlier, this is a giant departure between Israel and the United States. They're not waiting around for a deal, They're not waiting around for permission, and they're not gonna wait around for Donald Trump to give them.
Speaker 3: The go ahead.
Speaker 2: The other thing this could possibly be is a coordinated action where Donald Trump or the United States in general says to Benjamin nettan Yahoo, or Israel in general, Hey, just so you know, we are gonna start these processes. We're gonna start these negotiations. We're gonna try to get Iran to come to the table. We're going to try to get them to promise to give up their ambitions for a nuclear weapon so that they can be back allowed back into the world marketplace. But we're gonna need some sort of stick on the back end. The carrot is you get to sell your oil, you get to travel, you get to you know, you get to trade all of that sort of stuff, but we need to have a stick on the back end of that, and that stick might be an Israeli strike. The other aspect, to go back to the first option, that this is just Israel acting out on its own.
Speaker 3: They waiting for a deal.
Speaker 2: Even if there is some sort of a deal that's negotiated between the United States and Iran, there's no guarantee that Israel doesn't just strike out on its own. If they don't like the deal, or if they feel the deal doesn't go far enough to provide safety for Israel, they'll do their own thing. They have done it many, many times before. An intelligence assessment from back in February suggested that Israel could either use military airplanes or long range missiles if they wanted to capitalize on the air defense capabilities that they've already been degrading in Iran. But that same assessment also talked about how the strikes would only minimally set the Iranian nuclear program back, wouldn't necessarily be a cure all in all of this, because as we've seen over the decades that we've been paying attention to this, Iran is pretty good at hiding their nuclear facilities, at putting them in places that are hard to get to, hard to strike, and our bunker busters only go so far. So that's one of those things that has made a headline today. And we'll see if President Trump is asked about it again. The President is hosting the President of South Africa for some bilateral talks today at the White House, and when they do a news conference, which is expected, we'll check and see if he gets questions about what's going on with Iran. The other thing the President did along those same lines talked about yesterday was this Golden Dome missile defense shield, similar to what Israel has in its Iron Dome, but a much much larger scale, obviously to cover the United States. Why this would even be necessary here in the United States. Oh, we have a chance for you to w on a thousand dollars coming up as well. We'll tell you how you can pick that up.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Gary and Shannon demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: A fifth escape inmate has been captured down in Louisiana. Of course, ten inmates were the ones that escaped in Orleans Parish last Friday morning. They crawled through a wall behind a toilet. Five others now still on the run. A maintenance worker in that prison has been charged with ten felony counts of principle to simple escape and one count of malfeasans in office. He admitted that he shut off the water to that toilet in that cell and helped facilitate the escape, but said he had been threatened by other inmates. Department of Justice has opened an investigation into the mayor of Chicago over allegations of race based discrimination. He got a letter the mayor, did Brandon Johnson, from an assistant US attorney saying that there is reasonable cause to believe that he made hiring decisions solely on the basis of race, which would be a violation of Civil Rights Act of nineteen sixty four. DOJ is busy because they're also supposedly investigating Andrew Cuomo, former New York governor. He is running for mayor now in New York City. The investigation comes after a referral from Congressional Republicans who say that he was lying during the investigation of the COVID response that he and his administration undertook while he was governor. The Sean Diddy COLEMs trial today is going to hear from a Homeland Security Investigation special agent who led searches of Diddy's properties in Miami. We'll talk about that a little bit later in this hour, before we get to the Golden Dome missile defense plan by President Trump. We have a chance for you to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars just enter this nationwide keyword on our website win.
Speaker 3: That's win, wim.
Speaker 1: Entered now at KFIAM six forty dot com, slash cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, winning is everything, call the winning attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred and nine million. That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet Games dot com.
Speaker 2: Again, that keyword goes on the website win. If you do, in fact win, we'll notify a via email. A chance. Another chance is coming up an hour from now for you to win one thousand bucks. Right now at the White House, President Trump is hosting Cyril Ramafosa, the President of South Africa.
Speaker 5: Police from South Africa that have invested in the US that's creating a number of jobs and Similarly, you've got almost six hundred companies that have invested in South Africa, and some of them have been in South Africa for more than a hundred years.
Speaker 2: If there's anything that comes out of that, we'll definitely bring it to you. But this is one of the news conferences that takes place there in the Oval Office in front of the new gold gilded fireplace that Trump wanted. So yesterday the President laid out some details for the multi billion dollar Golden Dome missile defense system that he wants to protect the United States.
Speaker 6: Design for the Golden Dome will integrate with our existing defense capabilities and should be fully operational before the end of my term, so we haven't done in about three years. Once fully constructed, the Golden Dome will be capable of intercepting missiles even if they are launched from other sides of the world, and even if they are launched from space.
Speaker 3: Tons of money in this deal.
Speaker 2: High profile defense contractors, tech companies. They are lining up to get their teeth into this contract. Of course, most of the details of this are still pretty vague, but the Golden Dome is similar to the Iron Dome. Iron Dome is what protects Israel from incoming missiles that we have seen for years now, and it is basically an American product. We supply a lot of the infrastructure, the technology, and the missiles themselves that are used as the anti missile missiles. What's not clear yet is exactly what a golden dome would look like over the United States. Iron dome protects heavily populated areas in and around Israel, and those are short range threats. Those missiles come in most of the time from neighboring countries. The Gaza Strip West Bank Lebanon that is Israel is the size of New Jersey. The United States as a whole is five hundred times larger than that. And the President is talking not about a ground based system. He's talking about a ground, air, and space based missile defense system that would defend every square inch of the United States from advanced ballistic missiles and hypersonic missiles. Brett Velikovich, by the way, is one of those experts when it comes to He's a former Army officer, expert in drone technology but also defending against those types of aerial threats, and he talks about what this system would be designed to defend.
Speaker 7: Against China and North Korea. Our enemies are developing offensive missile systems that can reach it out and strike us at home in ways we never envisioned before, and so we've got to adapt fast. And this is going to be the most powerful missile defense system ever built. And Trump and his team are finally modernizing the US defense arsenal and bringing us back into the twenty first century currently so we can be once again seen as the world's leading technological superpower.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, now, if that makes you feel comfortable, perfect, There's something that makes you feel very uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: It's this.
Speaker 2: It's the threat of hypersonic missiles that go not just at hundreds of miles an hour, but a couple thousand miles an hour in order to basically overwhelm missile defense systems.
Speaker 7: We've been losing this hypersonic race right now for quite some time. And we learned just even in the last couple months that China could destroy all US aircraft carriers in just twenty minutes by using their own hypersonic missile arsenal. And now they're focusing on a mass and dozens of orbital missiles in space quip with nuclear warheads that could destroy our own civilizations. So this is exactly what the Golden Dome is designed to counter. And clearly China's pretty upset about that, we learned this morning. Obviously they're pissed because it's a direct threat to their long term strategy, and that's just a great thing for us.
Speaker 2: One of the things that President Trump said yesterday when he was announcing this project, the Golden Dome project, is that Canada has called us on the Red hotline, the Maple Line, whatever they call it, wanting to be involved in the project and wants to also enjoy the protections of the Golden Dome. The Office of the Canadian Prime Minister said that he and his ministers are discussing how to negotiate a new security and economic relationship and that would include strengthening nora AD and related initiatives like the Golden Dome. Back at the early part of the month, the Pentagon did talk about different version of the Golden Dome and submitted three different plans, a small, medium, and a large, and the President didn't talk about what the final choice would be on that necessarily, but said that they had selected an architecture for this so he may have decided which one he wants to go with, a small medium or the large. Knowing what we know about this guy, I would have assumed he's going to go for the largest. All right again, President Trump is meeting with the President of South Africa right now in the Oval Office. I'll be listening into that during the commercial break and see if anything comes out of that. But there's new information about former President Biden and the prostate cancer diagnosis, and they're doing I think they're trying. His office is trying to answer questions about what we knew and when we knew it about this cancer diagnosis.
Speaker 3: The information they put out yesterday.
Speaker 2: Didn't solve I should say they didn't quell a lot of the questions, didn't answer a lot of them, and in fact raised other questions.
Speaker 3: So we'll talk about all of that when we come back.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: The Tulsa Zoo and the La Zoo have made it official. Billy and Tina are no longer in La. They have just wrapped up a twenty six hour road trip the forty year old bull elephant Billy and Tina the fifty nine year old female elephant have arrived in Tulsa. According to a statement from Tulsa Zoo, both elephants loaded in quickly for the journey thanks to training provided prior to the move. They are accompanying care teams said both elephants were calm and ate and drank well at each stop. According to the zoo, the trip included frequent breaks every few hours, during which the elephants were offered hey and cantalope and romaine, lettuce and water. Now they have to go into a quarantine period before being introduced to the resident elephant herd that already exists there in Tulsa. This had been a question because nobody could find Billy and Tina, and in fact, there were some activists outside the La Zoo who said they were misled now by the La Zoo about where Billy and Tina actually were. Yesterday, there was a suggestion that if you went to go see them, they weren't in the enclosure there in La just over the hill at the zoo, and that if you called the zoo they would say, oh, yeah, they're there. They're just you know, it's hot, so they're in the enclosure where it's air conditioned, so but it has been confirmed Billy and Tina, the La City Zoo elephants, have been moved to Tulsa somewhere.
Speaker 3: Share is very very pissed.
Speaker 2: President Trump is hosting Cyril rem Fosa, the President of South Africa, in a White House press conference right now.
Speaker 3: It's sort of the informal one they do in.
Speaker 2: The Oval Office, and there has been some strains between the United States and South Africa recently. But they're getting some good laughs in. They're talking about some funny stuff. So a California Democratic lawmaker has been arrested or at least cited, on suspicion of drunk driving. Fifty first District State Senator Sabrina Servants out in Riverside, thirty seven years old, forcefully disputed that she was drunk, and she said the cops that accosted her in Sacramento falsely accused her of driving under the influence. On Monday afternoon, she apparently got into a car accident there in Sacramento, somewhere near the Capitol. But she said she did have to go to the hospital, apparently for injuries, and she said in a statement the lab results I sought in the hospital show conclusively I had no alcohol in my system. I expect this to be quick, to be quickly and justly resolved. So she was accused of it, but we don't expect. We'll see how that goes coming up soon. Don't look now. The Angels have won five in a row, seven to five win last night in Sacramento against the A's, and the Dodgers snapped their losing streak. They finally beat the Diamondbacks four to three yesterday after a four game losing streak. So the diagnosis of former President Biden's prostate cancer that he was told about on Friday, that we were told about on Sunday has raised a lot of questions. How does a guy go from no prostate cancer, no known prostate cancer, to a very aggressive prostate cancer nine on the Gleason scale, arguably a stage four cancer, although I haven't seen it officially staged at that point yet. The President's doctor was President Biden's doctor, Kevin O'Connor, has has been the doctor for Biden since he was sixty seven, and that doctor didn't release annual reports about his health. O'Connor was still the doctor when he left the Vice presidency, and then in December of twenty nineteen, Biden's presidential campaign did release a three page emmet of his medical history. To be clear, that's not releasing medical records. It's just the doctor's version of medical records, because that obviously means that the doctor gets to select which things are relevant which ones aren't. It's not the raw numbers of the test results that come out. And there was no mention, at least during the presidential campaign in twenty nineteen, no mention of a PSA test. We know since then that he was screened for a PSA test in twenty fourteen, and all that is it's the blood test. It's not the old peep boop, it's not the old you know, the old coming in through the back door thing, because in that case, it's an actual tactile discovery. I guess upon the doctor's part of does the prostate feel different? Is it rough in texture? I don't know how much time they spend back there. In all honesty, I've never had one, so I don't know what goes on. The PSA test is a blood test, and it looks for prostate specific antigens in the blood. That is the most common form of screening for prostate cancer. We know that in twenty fourteen, according to the doctor, that was when he had his last PSA test.
Speaker 3: That would have been seven years before he became president.
Speaker 2: Now there are questions about what is the proper procedure for the general pop when it comes to prostate exams right or looking for prostate cancer. The US Preventative Services Task for says that any men from fifty five to sixty nine should get periodic PSA testing.
Speaker 3: Again, that's just a blood test.
Speaker 2: Because prostate cancer is so typically slow growing, they don't recommend screening for men seventy or older. And fourteen tests would have been right after he turned seventy seventy one seventy two, And the thinking is the potential risks at that age are considered to outweigh any advantage you get from screening. You get a false positive, you detect cancers that aren't deadly, you might have to undergo a biopsy, which could potentially in some cases cause the cancer to spread.
Speaker 3: It's thought patient anxiety.
Speaker 2: You don't want to have to stress about this if it's not going to be the thing that kills you. So the most recent PSA test in twenty fourteen, took place when Biden was seventy two years old. He's now eighty two, and of course he had talked the doctors had said that the prostate cancer had spread to the bone after a nodule was discovered on the prostate. He had urinary symptoms, which is the most common symptom that comes up in a man of that age.
Speaker 3: What does this mean?
Speaker 2: Well, I have a question for the White House physician, which is I referenced general pop right, the one hundred and eighty million men that exist in the United States or one hundred and sixty whatever the number is. If you're over that certain age, they tell you after fifty five you should consider periodic PSA testing. If you have a history of prostate cancer in your family, you might want to shoot a little younger than that. I had my first PSA test five years ago because my dad had prostate cancer, very similar to what Joe Biden is dealing with. But the question of why wouldn't a president, regardless of the medical potential for like I said, you know, the the potential risks outweighing the advantage of a screening. It's the president of the United States. Why wouldn't you do a full panel, full work up, full draw every single year because of the potential for this to be something that the United States should know about. I mentioned that the presidents are also subject to hippolaw's or benefit from hippo laws, so they don't have to release their information unless there's some sort of national security issue that arises from it. So yes, the Biden press office has said that he got his last PSA test in twenty fourteen when he was seventy two. At that point it was probably unnecessary according to doctors, but when you become the president, it seems strange that they would not have done it on a regular basis. We know that the last annual physical that he received as president was February of last year, and at that time they didn't say anything about this, So the questions, the questions still exist. The Sean Combs trial continues, and there is a Homeland security investigator who had some of the nastiest pictures you can expect out of the Miami mansion that belonged to Sean Diddy Combs.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that. Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Gary Shennon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: More when we get into swamp watch about what's going on in the White House. I told you that what appeared to be a rather cordial discussion between the President of South Africa and President Trump got a little heated when President Trump played a video of some lawmakers and activists in South Africa calling for white genocide.
Speaker 3: That was an uncomfortable moment. We'll talk about that a little bit later.
Speaker 2: Six hours of testimony yesterday, on the eleventh day of seand de Combe's trial, federal prosecutors called to the stand a former personal assistant, the mother of Cassie Ventura, a sex worker named the Punisher, and a federal agent. Combs, of course, is pleaded not guilty to the sex trafficking. His defense is, oh, sure, I used to beat up women, but I wasn't a federal racketeer. I didn't to I didn't cross state lines. I wasn't a sex trafficker. Prosecutors have been calling all of these witnesses so far. The expectation is we're going to see Don Hughes, as psychologist who specializes in sex trauma, another former assistant, and then rapper Kid Cutty. I guess his original schedule was for today, but he's been delayed according to prosecutors. So one of the things that he can testify to is the threats that Sean did. He Combs allegedly made against Cassie Ventura because Cassie was apparently in a relationship with Kid Cutty at one point, and Kid Cutty's car blew up soon after Seawan Combs threatened to blow.
Speaker 3: Up his car.
Speaker 2: Juror's heard about all of these alleged interactions between Cassie Ventura and Seawan Combs from Cassie herself. She was the star witness and actually on the stand for three or four days. One personal assistant, David James, told jurors about the bunch of different tasks that he had to complete for the Comb's stocking hotel rooms to get ready for these freak off sex events sex parties. I guess you'd call him buying drugs. He had to be the driver when Shawn Combs, armed with multiple guns, wanted to confront Shuld Knight at a restaurant somewhere here in La also told the other side of a story describing a rapper named d Rock confronting Suge Knight when they were at Mel's drive in to pick up cheeseburgers for Shawn Combs. Said, we pulled into the parking lot and d Rock looks over and says, that's MF should Knight describing how he drove back to Shawn Comb's house to find Seawan Combs to find he and Cassie Ventura arguing, The assistant said Cassie looked very distressed. She was telling him not to go, not to go confront suge. Knight talked about, like I said, buying and supplying drugs, stocking the hotel rooms with baby oil, with astroglide, with condoms, and other prophylactics, and told the jury that he once accidentally walked in on one of those freak offs that featured Cassie Ventura and a male sex worker. When questioned by the defense, this assistant said that he once had sex with the prostitute and that he declined to pay for her services, that he got into a physical altercation with another one of Diddy's employees. He spoke with prosecutors under an agreement which he meant that he had an immunity for being prosecuted for anything said on the stand this mother. Cassie Ventura's mother also testified that Sean Combs was blackmailing her daughter and threatening to release some of the sex tapes that he was making about these freak offs unless she stayed with.
Speaker 3: Him and kept quiet about the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Homeland Security investigator also on the stand today and talking about what he found in the mansion in Miami, which included all of those other things that the assistant was required to stock the hotel rooms with. Throw in a couple of AR fifteen parts lowers that apparently had the serial numbers scraped off. So I mean, this guy is the very least. Prosecution is getting into some of the deeper allegations against this guy in order to prove their racketeering and sex trafficking. So that's eleventh day now, and it's twelfth day. There's a new video that suggests we know how the Palisades fire started on January seventh, because it never went out from a fire that started on January first. We'll talk about that when we come back to Gary and Shannon. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.