Speaker 1: Hello, it is Ryan, and I was on a flight the other day playing one of my favorite social spin slot games on chumbacasino dot com. I looked over at the person sitting next to me, and you know what they were doing. They were also playing Chumba Casino. Coincidence, I think not everybody's loving having fun with it. Chumba Casino's home to hundreds at casino style games that you can play for free, anytime, anywhere, even at thirty thousand feet. So sign up now at Chumbuck Casino dot com to claim you're free. Welcome bonus, that's Chumbu Casino dot com and live the Chumba Lane.
Speaker 2: No person ness, every dropo whaby by lost in terms conditions eating plus.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, it is Ryan. I'm not sure if you know this about me, but I'm a bit of a fun fanatic when I can. I like to work, but I like fun too. It's a thing, and now the truth is out there, I can tell you about my favorite place to have fun, Chumbuck Casino. They have hundreds of social casino style games to choose from, with new games released each week. You can play for free, anytime, anywhere, and each day brings a new chance to collect daily bonuses, So join me and the fun. Sign up now at Chumba casino dot com.
Speaker 2: No person has every day by lost each candy host.
Speaker 3: You are now listening to True Murder, The most Shocking Killers in True Crime History and the authors that have written about them Gacy Bundy, Dahmer, The Nightstalker BTK. Every week, another fascinating author talking about the most shocking and infamous killers in true crime history. True Murder with your host, journalist and author Dan Zupansky.
Speaker 4: Good Evening. This is your host Dan Zupanski for the program True Murder, The most Shocking Killers in True crime History and the authors that have written about them. Returning for another chilling season, investigation Discovery's Dark Mind transports the most dangerous of all criminals right into your own home in the series returning on February twenty seven. Non fiction crime author m William Phelps his latest is The Kiss of the She Devil, and criminal profiler John Kelly revisit unsolved homicides believed to be the work of serial killers. The twist they have an insider that ultimately understands the disturbed mind of a murderer because he is one currently serving multiple life sentences in a maximum security prison with a new voice on the other end of the line this season, known only to audiences as Raven, this unique source offers his expert opinion to profile the killers whose victims deserve justice and whose families deserve answers. Raven's voice and identity are disguised as he uses his own personal experience to formulate theories about the motives and practices of each murderer, providing unorthodox yet invaluable information that Phelps and Kelly make sense of in an act to provide law enforcement with critical leads. The program that we're pro following this evening is Dark Minds with my special guest, journalist and author and now television star m William Phelps. Welcome to the program, and thank you for agreeing to this interview, M William Phelps.
Speaker 5: And how you doing. Thanks for having me back.
Speaker 4: Oh great, thanks for coming on here and talking about It's a really wild program. So first things, you know, it just piqued my interest, and I'm sure the audience has the same question. How did you find this serial killer? It's not like there's a big list of guys, but you are a true crime author, and you've written a lot of true crime books. But how on earth did you get this connection? First off, how'd you do that? How did you come about this person that's just this known as Raven?
Speaker 5: Well after, during filming of the first season of Dark Minds, John Kelly, my my partner criminal profiler, he you know, he was suggesting to me, well, he had been suggesting me to me for a while that I should develop my own source just for you know, my own work. And so Kelly and I discussed how to do that. We we put the put a list of names together. He threw out some names, and I had several. Look, I mean, I've written twenty three books. I've got all kinds of people writing to me. With the first season of the show announced, I had more than enough killers writing to me want to be part of it. And and and we you know, and I wrote to some myself that I thought could help. And so through all of those things, uh, we ended up with Raven after you know, a long time of reading the fields. If you will, you know, with a show like this, with what we do, it has to be the perfect situation. I want to be absolutely one hundred percent sure that this person isn't telling me what I want to hear, that that they're being honest with their critique, with their you know, you know, with their profiling. Really, so it took a while. It takes a while, and you know, I believe we have someone now who who's really being brutally honest to the point of being terrifying.
Speaker 3: Right right, Well.
Speaker 4: That's seen that now. Now that being said, how did you what was the criteria for you? I'm other than being you know, really frank, because not all of these guys, serial killers are are known for completely telling the truth. So what was it about his background? Without giving anything too much away, but what was it about his background or the signature of his crimes, or why is it that you thought that he might be a guy that could be a real good asset, because obviously you have to have some criteria to be able to pick you said you had surprisingly, but I guess with the first season, it blows my mind that serial kills would be contacting you'd want to be on television. But you know, there we are, twenty thirteen. But what was the criteria? Well, picking this serial killer in particular.
Speaker 5: Well, there wasn't really a criteria per se. It was just I had to feel each potential candidate, if you will, out and talk to them, and they didn't need to kill you know, a certain amount of people or there was nothing like It was nothing like that. It was more or less you know, did I trust this person? Did I trust what they were saying? Did I trust that they were doing this for the reason that they say they were doing it? Did I trust that this person was was gonna be honest and and and and not play that whole game. I've interviewed countless murderers, psychopaths, et cetera. You know, even if they're telling the truth, they're lying about half of it. So I wanted to find someone who is just going to say, look, I'm in jail for the rest of my life, for multiple life terms, and you know what, I'm gonna open up now because that openness and honesty is gonna is gonna help you understand the mind of the monster that you're chasing. So the criteria was just, you know, is it is it the right situation? Do I believe it's the right situation? And uh, I absolutely believe I found that.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 4: The The other thing is other than obviously his experience, because you can hear that as an analysis. But uh, and he has to be intelligent and articulate as well. What was the reason for the serial killer wanting to do this?
Speaker 5: Uh? Well, that's that's for him to discuss us and him to kind of outline as the season goes on, and and and really, we're going to be releasing an interview I did with him, especially for for this reason, for promotion, et cetera. And I asked him that question, why are you doing this? And we're going to be releasing that the audio of that end of next week. Uh on I on the ID site. So you're going to hear from him himself why he's doing this. Uh. You know, in a nutshell, he believes that he believes that I have good intentions and that I can help gather information that will help not solve you know, we're not here to solve cases. We're here to I'm here to develop information to hand over to the law enforcement, to the right people who can then take it and hopefully add it to what they have and and and and get some answers. And and Raven believes that he's helping me and doing that. I really honestly believe he does.
Speaker 4: Now, what is the sort of schedule that you have for this season, What are some of the areas or cities or crimes that you're looking and tell us a little bit about what exactly you're looking at in terms of cases unsolved cases.
Speaker 5: Sure well. The first episode airing Wednesday night, February twenty seventh on an Investigation Discovery is the original night Stalker case out of California, And not to be confused with Richard Ramirez the Nightstalker. This is the original Nightstalker crimes that took place between nineteen seventy six to nineteen seventy nine, and then there was a tiny little break and then there was some murders from nineteen eighty to nineteen eighty six, excuse me, of rapes and murders. So we have like fifty rapes and then we have like ten murders over a period of what twelve years or so.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 5: Jeezus, it's an incredible case. He's the smartest serial killer that I've ever run into, that will ever run into, I believe. From from from California, we go back to the East Coast and we do do something that's very personal to me a case that involves Molly Bush, Holly Parinian, and two missing girls right in the town that I'm from, uh, Lisa White and Jani's Pocket. And I mean, if you look me up on Facebook and and and that sort of thing, you'll see I wrote an article about that case for Connecticut Magazine, which they just published on their website. So that's a personal one, very emotional. From there, we go, we go all over through this throughout the season. I'm in Oregon, I'm way up Dan, I'm way up in British Columbia and Smithers, British Columbia, which is a couple one hundred miles from the Alaskan border up there. Down I'm back down in Texas, I'm down in Florida, I'm out in Missouri, and then I'm out in Virginia and back in New England. So I'm really chasing these guys all over the place. I mean, you know, you look at any major city in America right now as we sit here and we talk, and there's you know, I say too, but there's probably more active, working serial killers in each major city across this country right now. So they're out there, you know, they're they're out there and they're looking for victims.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and everywhere else in the world too, you know. That's that's the fascinating America, though, it seems to just have a bigger recognition of it too. I think I don't know if you know, I don't know if I can believe that the US is just, uh, you know, the the innovator of this. But because I know serial killers are everywhere, but I know that serial killers are more recognized and some of the work that even you're doing, I think serial killers are recognized in America more than anywhere else.
Speaker 5: Well, well, well, I think that's definitely true. I also think that in America it's more densely uh populated in areas, so so you see, you're able to pick off these crimes. You go to Europe and there that you know, there's villages, there's you know, there's it's it's more open and it's more spaced out. So there's not a lot of law enforcement sources putting crimes together, if you will.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: Here, we have task forces set up for it. We have databases. So so when a couple of murders that match up pop up, you know, the eyes open up on law enforcement there either eyebrows raised and what we have here, so yeah, we're looking for it more here.
Speaker 4: I would say, absolutely, What are some of some other cases that you're interested in? Specifically they occurred this season?
Speaker 5: One one that one that really that I'll talk about, one that really emotionally got to me that, you know, when I should explain first Dan, when when I'm on the road filming, you know, it's it's grueling. I mean, it's it's we leave the hotel at eight in the morning and we sometimes you know, usually we don't arrive back till ten at night.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: And and so twenty four to seven, I'm living this, you know. And when you latch onto a case like the Killing Fields in Texas, which which is an episode this season, and what we're talking about when we say the Killing Fields is from Houston down to Galveston, the I forty five corridor. You know, we're talking We're talking dozens and dozens and dozens of dead girls over a long period of time. And when I got down there and I started looking into this and started interviewing the family members of some of these girls who were twelve thirteen, and I started learning aspects of these crimes. It was just overwhelming. I've met some of the stuff I've heard. I thought I heard everything. I've thought, I've seen everything. I mean, I've looked at thousands and thousands of crime scene photos, I've interviewed cops about everything. But what I heard down there I had never heard before. I didn't think human beings were capable of doing to each other. And you know, not a lot of that is going to end up in a show, obviously because it's too gruesome, But just the number of victims and the potential for the number of serial killers was just staggering to me. And and yeah, so that case sticks out in my mind. And another case that sticks out in my mind is a case in Oregon we did And it was the second or third week I was on the road and we were out in Oregon filming and we were getting ready to head up to British Columbia to Canada and someone someone robbed me. Someone broke into our van and took my bag with my passport, everything, my iPad. Yeah, and and I chased the dude. I chased the dude and I ended up getting his license plate number, and long story short, it took all night. But we got a few of my items back, which were which was my passport is what I really needed.
Speaker 2: I got that back.
Speaker 5: But yeah, you know it's like it's like here I am, I'm filming a crime show and I'm involved in this yeah yeah, and I'm out there solid a crime. So it was it was bizarre, but you know those are the rigors of film and a television show on the road.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's reality TV for sure? Is it?
Speaker 5: Definitely is?
Speaker 4: Now, maybe you can describe for people that haven't tuned into this program, what is the basic setup. I know we talked about it in the intro a little bit, but it is sort of a maybe you can also talk about sort of the innovative mix of things that you sort of have there. It's a little bit of the you know, tell us a little bit, but it's a little mix of reality TV and then re dramatization. But tell us how you put this all together. It's a very fascinating sort of sort of innovative twist on. It's not a documentary, but tell us what it really is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well would consider it docu drama. So it's it's it's basically what I do during my day job, which is writing books. It's it's investigativejournalism. I set out, I take a case and I look at a case that I believe is an unsolved, a case involving multiple victims and or a serial killer somewhere in there. And what I do is I just set out to talk to law enforcement, talk to victims, family members, you know, talk to local reporters, develop sources. I use some secret sources. This year, I interviewed several survivors on different episodes, survivors of a serial killer who got away for some reason. And what I try to do is look at it. You know, most of these cases haven't been looked at in a long time because no new leads have come in. So I look at them and I just try to present them to the public, hoping the public will notice something. Through that, I bring information back to my partner, John Kelly, who's a criminal profiler, and Kelly begins to build sort of a profile for me of the type of person I'm looking for, and through that we call on my secret source, if you will, Raven the serial killer, and we begin to ask Raven questions about certain aspects of the crime that I'm looking at. And he gives us insight, which in turn kind of changes my thinking. And and okay, and the best weapon I have is the right question to ask the right person. So so Raven helps me in developing the right way to think about, you know, the crimes. Look at him differently. He puts me into the mind of the guy that I'm chasing, you know. Uh, and only a guy who's done it can do that. So, you know, that's the premise of the show. And and and then at the end we offer a plea, you know, come forward if you have any information. And you know, if we have any potential persons of interest, we we certainly present them, We present our theories, and we see what happens. The show hasn't even aired yet this year, and I'm already getting tips about the second episode. So it's it's quite interesting when the journey begins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a fascinating program. I was surprised last year that that any television network accepted this idea. It's a great idea, but it was still surprising that network would do it. I mean, really come a long way. Really when you've got a serial killer on the line, so.
Speaker 5: Well, it's uh, you know, it's this is this is the reason why his voice has changed. We don't know who he is or you know, the viewer doesn't know. He is a voice on the line, a voice that can potentially help. So I mean I would never do it if if I had to identify who he was that I wouldn't do that because I didn't I wouldn't want to glorify his crimes, you know, in any way. So yeah, so I think it works, and it works well the way we're doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I never thought of that, but that it really does ensure that he's this is not one of his motives, is the infamy from it, because you probably have a way of protecting yourself as well that he can't a couple of seasons from now say hey I'm the Raven. And he can't do anything with this notoriety anyway, So it seems genuine and obviously you're not giving him any fame per se from this.
Speaker 5: So I mean, yeah, I mean, any any killer, serial killer in prison right now could write a letter to a newspaper and say hey I'm raven, right, I mean, five of them could do it tomorrow. So there's no way that he can identify himself in that respect, and you know, that's not what I'm worried about. I'm really all that I'm concerned about is getting answers for families of these victims, because you know, you sit in front of someone who's lost their daughter, twelve thirteen year old daughter and they have no idea where her body is or who her killer abductor is and it's been fifteen twenty years, and you see the pain and loss on their face, and you're going to do anything you can to help give them an answer. And I will do anything I can to help that and help them get an answer. And you know, and Raven's part of that, you know, He's part of getting that answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I think it's very very honorable, very interesting, and very much you know, I mean, because you have this sort of a little bit of this element as well. Where you make the plea is that this America's Most Wanted started off again from a person that that had more than It wasn't a movie star, wasn't a television star that started that program. It was a victim's father. And maybe this is an opportunity what really drove you to be involved with this?
Speaker 3: But to be.
Speaker 4: Involved with true crime, immerse yourself with it as completely as you have. What was that personal attachment to this sort of life that you've chosen?
Speaker 5: Well, part of it, I guess is I mean. I had a family member, My brother's wife was brutally murdered. Its unsolved case, and at first it was thought that she was killed by a local series killer who's killing lots of women. It's still unsolved. Does that drive me? I know, I don't get up in the morning, you know, with that on my mind, But I'm sure it's in there somewhere. Seeing the pain on my niece and nephew's faces, I mean that drives me. Sure. Watching my brother die after she died a slow, painful death from addiction certainly drives me because.
Speaker 1: You know, he Hello, it is Ryan And I was on a flight the other day playing one of my favorite social spin slot games on chumbacasino dot com. I looked over the person sitting next to me, and you know what they were doing. They were also playing Chumba Casino. Coincidence, I think not everybody's loving having fun with it. Chumba Casino's home to hundreds oft casino style games you can play for free. Anytime, anywhere, even at thirty thousand feet. So sign up now at Chumbuckcasino dot com to claim you're free welcome bonus. That's Chumbu Casino dot com. And lived at Chumba Lain.
Speaker 2: Just necessary Dad wherever I lost in terms of conditions eighteen plus.
Speaker 5: Who was ruined after she was murdered. Uh uh and and and you know he died at forty seven, so uh yeah, so so yeah that drives me. You know, I don't know, I I dan I I got into this many many many years ago, and it just it just felt right to me to continue to do it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: And it's and it feels uh more so today than it ever has.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm doing what I should be doing. And you know, you know, in going back to Raven, I mean, if you're chasing the devil, you know, uh, sometimes you gotta you gotta chat with his disciples in order to get to him. So uh, that's how we look at it on Dark Minds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what uh what I want to also talk about just before, because we only have thirty minutes with you. You're a very busy person. Maybe we could talk about your latest book, Kiss of the She devil. Just give us a little bit of information what that's regarding and just got released or is to be released. So tell us a little bit.
Speaker 5: About kiss of the She Devils to the she Devil focuses on the other half of my forte, which is female murderers. And in Gail Fulton was you know, I want to say she was the perfect woman, but of course everybody has flaws. She Gail Fulton was a rosary a day saying Catholic. She was a librarian and she's walking out of a library one night in Michigan where she worked, and you know, she's gunned down in the parking lot and three people are in a vehicle and they flee, and it's it's like, who would want to kill this poor woman? You know, so obviously they go straight to the husband because you know, you know, if a murder victory, yeah, if a murder victim is a bulls eye, the first ring around the bullseye is everybody that person knows.
Speaker 4: I mean sure, it is.
Speaker 5: So rare that people are murdered by someone they don't know. It just doesn't happen. That's why serial killers, serial killings are so random, so rare, because you know, they don't know each other, the victim and the killer, so they go to the husband and they start to talk to him and they unravel this this salacious, whole affair that's going on that goes from Michigan all the way down to Florida. And it's an incredible story for me to write about a psychopath, a female psychopath who's at the center of all of this. I love writing about female psychopaths. I'm writing about one as we speak, Shila Davolu, and they're so intriguing to me because with the female murder or, there's so much that goes into this this murder, so much thought, so much obsession, so much fantasy that there's almost an element of serial killing in it, except it's not multiple victims, you know, because when you deal with a serial killer, serial killers are all about the fantasy. It's all about the fantasy, whatever their fantasy is, and part of that fantasy is obviously murder. So when I'm dealing with the female psychopath, you know, they think about the murder, they plan it, you know, months months in advance, and their whole life revolves around it. So it's compelling for me to write about it. And Kiss of the She Devil is definitely right in that wheelhouse. It involves a twisted love triangle, and you know it has all the elements of one of those gripping true crime thrillers, you know. So, yeah, that's out March fifth.
Speaker 4: And that's a pinnacle time, Yes.
Speaker 5: It is, yep, and I'll be I'll be at the Tucson Book Festival March ninth. Yeah, March ninth and tenth talking about that book in Arizona.
Speaker 4: Great, great, well, that's great news, uh for people that don't know too. John Kelly's uh is a criminal profiler and did he get his start or but he wasn't. I don't know who was his start, but was he? He was involved with interviewing John Wayne Gacy on Death Row, but that wasn't his first interview obviously, but that's one of his more I guess famous interviews.
Speaker 5: Right right. No, John has been working with serial killers and law enforcement and profiling for geez twenty five years now. His his background, John's background is is in psychotherapy. He's a he's a therapist, he's an addiction specialist. And one of one of John's theories is that serial killing and I absolutely agree with him. And one of John's theories is that serial killing is is an addiction and and it's there's no doubt in my mind that once a serial killer pulls that trigger and starts, he cannot and will not stop until we stop him. It's just impossible. Now he may cool off, you know, you say BTK, and you know people always bring up that name, you know, BTK. When he was caught, he was just getting ready to get back into game. So there's a there's a there's a cooling off period, sure, and that can last a month or it can last ten years.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Uh. You know in the original Night Soccer Case, the first episode of Dark Minds this season next Wednesday, you'll see that you'll see a cooling off period in this guy. You'll see you'll see this guy evolve really from a rapist into a serial murder. So uh, John, John focuses his line of work on that. Uh and uh, I love it. John is a mentor to me, He's a a friend, he's like a father to me in many ways. He he he I love the guy. He's he's he's great at what he does. He doesn't pull any punches, and that's what I need, you know, when I'm out there, when I'm chasing down information, I need someone pushing me. But I also need someone keeping check of my emotions. And John does that well. He keeps checking of how I'm doing.
Speaker 4: You know. Yeah, it's it's a really good team between you guys, and you have that camaraderie and that cohesion from last year that you know is very evident. Now you have raven On, very articulate and obviously experienced and like you say, you really trust this guy. So you've got three, you know, incredible minds here, but from different areas of expertise and experience, and I think you've got If there's if there is going to be a team that's going to solve some of this stuff, I think it's going to be you guys. And so the best of luck with that, because that would be an amazing never mind promo that this would be you know, life imitates art or whatever you want to call this, but it would be a very very good result to see something real, dramatic come as a result of your good work here.
Speaker 5: So I mean that last in last season one of the episode's episode I don't actually I don't want to say which one, but I can solve the case. I got a call, and I got several calls from a source, and absolutely I can solve that case. I know who the killer is. This guy, this source can solve the case for me. However, I can't get this person what they want and and sometimes you know, that's what it takes, and I just I can't do it. I can't get them what they need and they may take their information to the grave, and you know, and that's a good note to end on. I think is that is that for people who watch the show, they need to realize that they can do it anonymously. They can call in, they can email. Then they can get the information into the right hand anonymously and the information will speak for itself. And that's what we want, you know, we want these cases to move forward. That's our goal, move these cases forward.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well that's the best of luck too. That's it's going to be great tuning in. That's Dark Minds Investigation Discovery and William Phelps and John Kelly and the Secret serial Killer Raven on the line. That's next Wednesday at nine Is it nine eastern or what's the time? Ten?
Speaker 5: Ten? Ten eastern, ten Eastern on Investigation Discovery February twenty seventh and ten is the premiere episode, and earlier they'll show four or five episodes from last season, so you'll get Dark Minds from most of the day on Wednesday on ID.
Speaker 4: Wow. Great, I'm looking forward to it. It's gonna be very very exciting. Well, thank you Matt for coming on and taking some time to talk about Dark Minds and your new book, Kiss of the she Devil. Really appreciate it. Have a great night, and then I'll be tuning in next week for sure.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Dan. Always a pleasure to speak with you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I appreciate the time, and we'll talk again, buddy.
Speaker 4: Okay, thanks very much, Matt. Have a great night, Okay, bye bye, good night. So I just got a few things I was going to talk with the audience about and just what's coming up next week. If people look on the site, you'll see a promo for I Monster with Tom Philbin and this is serial Killers in their Own Chilling Words. Trust me, this book is wild, because that's all it is is serial killers in their own chilling words. Disgusting, shocking, revealing, gruesome sometimes but again very very revealing, interesting, fascinating, and Tom gives an introduction to some of the serial killers that or all of the serial killers that he looks at Edmund Kemper, for example, he has Jeffrey Dahmer. Some he covers in more detail than others, and some that I hadn't really been aware of too much to any great degree. Wesley Allen Dodd is really the greatest well one of the things that I thought was greatly surprising to me in this book. And so I'm going to be reading from that because Tom seems to be unavailable or not anxious to come on the program and talk about his book. But the Prometheist Books that sent me were kind enough to send me the book, and I read it from cover to cover. It's a great book, and I'd love to talk about the book on air with the audience, the True Murder audience, and I think they will appreciate it, because that's what I would be asking Tom Philbin about as well, because basically I can explain in a few minutes what the premises of the book and why he decided to do this, and then from there, basically I will read some excerpts from this fascinating book and some famous and not so famous serial killers, or at least not as famous serial killers and their actual shocking writings. So that will be next week. I Monster by author Tom Philbin and I want to thank m. William Phelps. He was on the program previously with his book Love Her To Like You Said, twenty three books. He is one of the biggest best selling authors in the world today, and appreciate him coming on and talking about that, and appreciate Debbie arranging that with the Investigation Discovery. So that's gonna be great. I'm a big fan of Investigation Discovery. Again, true crime are basically murder documentaries twenty four to seven. The only program they had on a couple of years ago that wasn't true crime was at the X Files for some audre reason. But anyway, and I've just saw a little bit of Dark Minds. It's going to be coming up this episode and it's maybe it's better than last season, but it's definitely great. It's a very very interesting program. After that, we're going to be having on the program Janet McClelland on March sixth, this is Erato Phono Ophelia investigating Lust Murder. I had spoken about it just briefly. But this is going to be an amazing program because this is the definitive study of lust murder, the psychological, every psychological aspect of this detail. It's going to be it's gonna be a fascinating interview. I've heard her on my good friend Burrol Bears program True Crimes Uncensored, and she's a heck of a guest, and she's going I'm going to have I'm looking forward to this. If the program runs over an hour, I wouldn't be surprised if I can get her to hang on. I'm she might just have to cut me off, because this is going to be a great, great integram, very very especially. I'm interested in everything I do, but this is especially interesting to me. And it's still tune in for that after that. March thirteenth, Anthony Laco is another great guest that I had listened to on Burrowbar's True Crime Uncensored and actually the True Crime Uncensored on American Horrors Heart Fisher's twenty four to seven horror channel on Anyway on the Internet television, and so Anthony Flacco was discussing Road to Hell, which is an incredible book on this program March thirteenth, Anthony would like to discuss Road to Hell and a book that I think occurred a little bit before that Checklist for Murder and Checklist for Murder I happened to buy a couple of years ago. And Anthony was saying that there is this basic connection between the two books, and we can talk about that. But he'd like to discuss two books in the one hour, and I'm open to that. That would be great. On March twentieth, finally we get Catherine Ramsley and talking about Human Predator. This is another person very much like Janet McClelland, but one of the biggest true crime authors in terms of best selling authors and authority on serial killers, a serial killer expert and well renowned in America and throughout the world. Catherine Ramsland with Human Predator March twenty seventh. Friend of the Program are Berry Flowers. This guy is prolific. I mean, he's got another book called Dynamics of Murder. I'm sure by the time the program comes up March twenty seventh to have another book. So this guy is a great author and a good friend of the program. R Berry Flowers with Dynamics of murder on April third. Finally, we have Stacy Dietrich and her book Searching for Sandra. Stacy Dietrich is a law enforcement professional from way way back, among other things.
Speaker 3: Author.
Speaker 4: I think, I definitely believe she writes fiction and nonfiction. But her book Searching for Sandra that Stacy Dietrich April third, on April tenth, very interesting case and story, Karen, I'm going to have to get the pronunciation of some of these names. Skill Sea, I probably butchered that. But anyway, kidnapped by the cartel. And this is a this is a fictional book, so I'm going to warn people, but the fiction is warranted because we're talking about a drug cartel. We're talking about you know, when we talked about I've just talked with m William Phelps. You talk to law enforcement, you talk to victims' families, you get to talk to the serial killer. I don't think you'd want to talk to or be able to talk to some of these people and involved in some of these stories, like a drug cartel and say South America. You you know, you may interview them, but you just may not make it home home after that interview. So we're talking about the non feasibility of being able to do what authors do in true crime, and that is talking about the sources and being able to speak candidly and then be able to write about the information that you uncovered. So I'm you know, I'm not certain that that's exactly the reason for all the fictionalization, but regardless, we're going to be talking about the true aspects of kidnapped by the cartel and Karen Skioskia Sciosa and her connection to this incredible story. On April seventeenth, we have a gentleman named Paul Guzo. He's a journalist and author, and we're going to talk about Tampa Bay organized crime. And now Paul Guzo has been involved in uncovering a serious amount of information and solving one case, if not too and he's going to be talking about as an insider Tampa Bay or organized crime and some shocking collusion and she canery by officials and of course organized crime. On April twenty fourth, we're going to be speaking with Frank C. Giradeau and his book Name Dropper, which is investigating the Clark Rockefeller mystery. And so that sounds very interesting, and that's why we have this sort of different variety of interesting guests and authors that are going to be coming up from now in February to May. We also I'm in negotiations with Katie Beers with her incredible book Buried Memories, So hopefully Michael Wright will get back to me and we will set up an interview with Katie, so that will take us right till May or so. And I'm getting suggestions all the time, which I appreciate from true murder fans, so from authors themselves and publicists often, and so hopefully we're going to continue with this kind of quality, with this kind of variety and this kind of looking at murder from every possible conceivable angle and perspective. I've spoken to a person that listened to the program. He was a juror on a major, fascinating murder trial, and I'm hopefully going to be able to have him on the program. He was just involved in a New Hampshire panel talking about the death penalty. As a juror, he was involved in voting for the death penalty, but in his conscience and in his mind, he is against the death penalty. So it would make for a very very again interesting perspective, a former juror on a high profile case that America was fixated on for quite a while, and this person coming away with information about how he was. I'll let him explain it anyway. It's a fascinating story. But the idea that we may have this gentleman on who was a juror at this trial and then now has this cause that he's involved in is again it's a fascinating story in itself. And I told him as much. I said, geez, that's a great story. You might want to think about getting that writing that or have you know, thinking about getting this story published. It's a very very interesting case. So hopefully we can have him on and he could talk about his experience and at the trial and then now with his cause is to against the death penalty. So that's what will be coming up in the near future. I want to thank everybody that does contact me. It's really is encouraging and very gratifying for me to have people give me their input regarding the program. Quite a few people have made suggestions. I have seems to be quite a few fans in Australia and I have somebody that I'm just sort of avoiding and not responding to their email about Skype. So I have to I'm a bit of a lud out, so I have to get on that and be able to start interviewing people from other countries. Australia is very interesting and of course England. I have interviewed some guests from Canada about probably about eight authors or so. But there are other other places in the world where books are published, and now with the published on demand and ebook books through Crime Books, any kind of books are available everywhere, and with a program like this again, the audience is everywhere and anybody can tune in to the program, so and definitely I think I should delve into some other murders by other killers and try to get those authors on and interview them. So that's be my project for the near near future. I want to thank everybody for listening to the program this evening. You've been listening to True Murder with your host Dan Zupansky. Tune in next week. Good Night,