Speaker 1: Escape to River Resort.
Speaker 2: This show is a part of the Midnight Right Network.
Speaker 1: Hell the Sam what's your name?
Speaker 3: At the time that he is his hand a statue, every started shaking of his and who will fly Tennis gonna be him?
Speaker 1: Win you him out of the freedom.
Speaker 3: Start a bell and it'll be who like the whole man.
Speaker 1: He's raining down on you to brought courtesy and wide.
Speaker 4: Liberals b ward.
Speaker 5: You viewpoints will be subjected to straight scrutiny.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Right Side Radio.
Speaker 7: It feels like click, my eyes have been blown wild.
Speaker 5: We have come together here because the American people deserve better from those to whom they entrust our nation's highest offices. We stand united in our resolved to do something about.
Speaker 8: It, which, whether we like it or not, spell study you and I have a rendezvous with destiny.
Speaker 9: Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem with The nine most terrifying words in the English language are I'm from the government and I'm here to help you.
Speaker 10: Tuned in to Right Side Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, you have founded it is a very right side Christmas twenty twenty for edition, we are here with our usual Christmas episode, A break from political talk where we just celebrate Christmas. Understand that a lot of you are probably traveling today or whenever you stop to listen, you're headed to see family for Christmas and enjoy the season. You show up and you get to give the gifts that you have purchased for your family, and you get to see their reactions. Then you get the gifts that they gave you. It's a wonderful time of year, of course, but we always have to remember the reason for the season. That reason, of course, is our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We're celebrating his birth and we always have to remember that first and foremost. This weekend, I was a part of the nineteenth annual Merry Christmas Turkey giveaway turkeys that are purchased by my good friend Chris McDaniel, and he's been doing that for nineteen years. And no matter how down in the numbs you might be, no matter how you feel about the Christmas season, when you go to that event, it's something that you can't help but walk away from with a smile. You understand the true meaning of the season because you're part of giving, even if you're not the one who purchased you're somebody out there organized the line and making sure everything runs efficiently. And we every year have a great cast of volunteers, and I'm gonna name a few of them just because there's no way I could name them all because I'm gonna forget somebody. So that's that's why I always say that I'm gonna name a few of them, so that way nobody can get offended if they had forgotten. Of course, Kelvin Dogg Smith, he is always instrumental in helping get the churches, get the church lined up, get the date there, communicating with the church. He's a member of West Ellisville Baptist Church. Of course, Rich Conrad, who is one of the first volunteers there, Don Hartness who this year got the turkey's for us because our good friend Gerald Wade had a conflict this year and was not able to attend, so Don stepped up and got the turkeys. But Don's helps me rope the thing off the night before and is always right behind me and being were some I think one year beat me to the church, but we're always one or two since he started involvement. This year we got our good friend Leonard Evans back to help us with it. My friend Bobby Mitchell, he finds me at least five or six volunteers every year, so it's amazing, you know that we have this cast that we know we can call on and things are going to work out. My friend Corey Ruffin was there this year and was able to help out, so really and truly in amazing cast characters, and of course I have to brag on Chris's sons, Cambridge and Chamberlain, who are up front handing the turkeys out as they are greeted with Merry Christmas. Cambridge also stepped up this year and helped me with media responsibilities. He did a couple of interviews, including going on the local TV station for their midday program with me. So a lot of praise to those folks, and of course to Chris McDaniel because if it wasn't for his generosity, his willingness to purchase all those turkeys and give those out, we wouldn't have an event to put together. And it is remarkable every year that we get to do this. Now, as you know, with this show, I have a tradition every year because one of my favorite Christmas specials as a child was It's Charlie Brown Christmas. And one of the things that is so special is during it the character of Linus, you know, the one that has the blanket. He has to help Tryarlie Brown understand the Christmas story. This is something that I don't think would get approved to be placed on network television today, even though they replay it and they haven't edited it out. I think if this was new content, they wouldn't approve it. But we are so fortunate that it's already out there and people have it. So here's Linus telling Charlie Brown about the Christmas story.
Speaker 4: They're hopeless, Charlie Brown, completely hopeless.
Speaker 11: Ratch.
Speaker 4: You've been done before, Charlie Brown, but this time you really did it? Not a true I guess you are right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree. Everything I'd turns into a disaster. I guess I really don't know what Christmas is all about.
Speaker 1: Isn't there anyone who knows.
Speaker 12: What Christmas is all about?
Speaker 7: Pure Hardy Brown?
Speaker 4: I can tell you what Christmas is all about. Light, please, And there were in the same country, shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night, and lo the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shall round about them. And they were sore afraid, and the Angel set unto them. If you're not for behold, I bring your tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David. A savior is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign. Unto you. You shall find the ab wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in the manger. And suddenly there was with the Angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God. I'm saying glory to God in the highest and on earth, peace, goodwill towardment.
Speaker 2: Again just one of the best parts.
Speaker 4: Of Christmas Brown.
Speaker 2: I thought the clip was over, so I'm sorry, Linus, but one of the best parts of that special is Linus reading the Christmas Story, and it's just it's again. In those days, it wasn't shocking or surprising to hear someone reading scripture. But sadly nowadays you don't expect to find that on network television. You don't expect to find something that wholesome anymore. I missed those days, and I really would love to see us return this nation returned to its Christian roots. I don't think we're too far gone to go back there, but it's going to take a lot of us being willing to make sacrifices that we don't necessarily like, like maybe talking to people about our faith in ways that we haven't done in the past. So again, that's that's why I love sharing that, because again linus the innocence of a child, but understanding the magnitude and the importance of the true Christmas story. And while this show is going to be mostly non political, there is a radio bit from nineteen sixty five that I didn't play it last year, I don't believe during the Christmas special, but I wanted to bring it back this year because legendary radio host Paul Harvey he had a bit in nineteen sixty five that I think you can see some of the warnings he put out here in this You can see them coming through today, and I think it's worth everyone, especially those of you have never heard his if I was the Devil again? This was recorded in nineteen sixty five, but when you listen to it, you can understand why it is so very relevant today.
Speaker 13: Why were the Devil? If I were the devil. If I were the prince of darkness, I'd want to engulf the whole world in darkness, and i'd have a third of its real estate and four fifths of its population. But I wouldn't be happy until I had seized the ripest apple on the tree the So I'd set about, however necessary to take over the United States. I'd subvert the churches.
Speaker 14: First.
Speaker 13: I'd begin with a campaign of whispers. With the wisdom of a serpent, I would whisper to you as I whispered to Eve, do as you please. To the young, I would whisper that the Bible is a myth. I would convince them that man created God instead of the other way around. I would confide that what's bad is good, and what's good is square, and the old I would teach to pray after me our father, which aren't in Washington. And then I'd get organized. I'd educate authors in how to make the lowrid literature exciting, so that anything else would appear dull and uninteresting. I'd threatened TV with dirtier movies, and vice versa. I'd peddle narcotics to whom I could. I'd sell alcohol to ladies and gentlemen of distinction. I'd tranquilize the rest with pills. If I were the Devil, I'd soon have families at war with themselves, churches at war with themselves, and nations at war with themselves until each in its turn was consumed, and with promises of higher ratings. I'd have mesmerizing media fanning the flames. If I were the Devil, I would encourage schools to refine young intellects, but neglect to discipline emotions, just let those run wild until before you knew it. You'd have to have drug sniffing dogs and metal detectors at every schoolhouse door. Within a decade, i'd have prisons overflowing. I'd have judges promoting pornography. Soon I could evict God from the courthouse, then from the schoolhouse, and then from the houses of Congress and in his own churches. I would substitute psychology for religion and deify science. I would lure priests and pastors into misusing boys and girls and church money. If I were the Devil, I'd make the symbol of Easter an egg and the symbol of Christmas a bottle. If I were the devil. I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted, until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious.
Speaker 15: What'll you bet?
Speaker 13: I couldn't get whole states to promote gambling as the way to get rich. I would caution against extremes in hard work, in patriotism, in moral conduct. I would convince the young that marriage is old fashioned, that swinging is more fun, that what you see on TV is the way to be. And thus I could undress you in public, and I could lure you into bed with diseases for which there is no cure. In other words, if I were the devil, I just keep right on doing what he's doing. Paul Harvey, good day.
Speaker 2: Pre eye opening, especially when you think about that being recorded in nineteen sixty five, and you definitely can see a lot of that has come to pass. And it's even worse when you factor in some of the elements that even Paul Harvey couldn't have imagined that are socially acceptable nowadays. So yes, I do think that it's very much worth replaying that bit of radio from nineteen sixty five because it's a reminder, it's a reminder of why the speech that we played from a Charlie Brown Christmas special that the character Linus gave on the Christmas story is important because we have a power, We have an opportunity to fight back against a lot of this. But it's going to take us having to show our faith a little bit more than I think some of us are comfortable doing. We're going to have to show our fate where we may have to witness to people every now and then. That's the way how we fight back about against the devil in whatever worm he's taking. Now, I'm gonna switch gears because one of the things that when I used to do a Christmas episode back on terrestrial radio, I used to play all kinds of Christmas music. I don't do that as much on here, but during Christmas there are a couple of songs that I still like to play. And one is for my mother because she has a personal favorite Christmas song. And yes my mother does listen to my shows. So Mom, this one, as always is for you.
Speaker 1: Christmas. We love you, So who does think again? Tackle shuns of rings.
Speaker 16: On a green Christmas tree? Oh, would be the same. If you are argue.
Speaker 3: With me when those blue.
Speaker 1: Snowfully start falling.
Speaker 3: That's when those blue.
Speaker 1: Mean Breeze start calling. You will be to.
Speaker 3: When Allah with your Gris Smuther. But have a blue blue, blue blue Chris, You'll be do moving all rise with your brand mother.
Speaker 17: Ever blue blue blue blue.
Speaker 2: And now that we're having a little bit of fun, that was King of Rock and Roll Elvis Presley's Blue Christmas Let's uh one of the things that, of course, and I did this last year when I love it so much because one of the things that I myself and I think a lot of people enjoy or Christmas movies during the Christmas season, and of course Christmas movies are I prefer classics, not necessarily the generic hallmart one that if you've seen one, it's the same plot every time. So I've went online and I found different clips with different sound bites from various Christmas movies. So I'm gonna I'm gonna play this one for you guys.
Speaker 1: Santa's coming to.
Speaker 4: Oh my God, that says Christmas the season of perpetual hum not just for decoration.
Speaker 15: Look what you get, your little jerk.
Speaker 13: If you look for it.
Speaker 18: I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.
Speaker 19: This is a full blown four alarm holiday emergency. Here we're gonna press on and we're gonna have the half happiest Christmas sin sping crossby tap Dance with Danny Kay And when Santa squeezes his fat white down that Chimney Knight, he's gonna find the jobbiest bunch of files this side of the nuthouse.
Speaker 6: And I think you're beautiful and I feel really warm when I un around you, and my tongue swells up. So do you want to go eat food?
Speaker 16: I feel it.
Speaker 17: In my bingles, hop feel it in my shoes.
Speaker 4: Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we.
Speaker 19: Can't see.
Speaker 13: Dreaming love.
Speaker 6: Christmas.
Speaker 1: It's Christmas Eve.
Speaker 18: It's the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer.
Speaker 20: We we we smile, a little lasier, we we we we chare a little more.
Speaker 4: I want an official water recovering action.
Speaker 1: Do you want to join as well?
Speaker 2: Arab? You're a twelve hundred year old elf.
Speaker 6: We're pretty good for your age.
Speaker 4: Thanks, But I'm seeing someone I'm wrapping.
Speaker 6: Why are you.
Speaker 15: Smiling like that?
Speaker 1: I just like to smile.
Speaker 6: Smiling is my favorite.
Speaker 4: I can't seem to find a truth, lushall I pick one up when I go out today. Other than that, I'm a good shape. Okay, Dad, that's true.
Speaker 15: Let's go get the kicks out of us by health.
Speaker 7: Yes, Oh, the sidelent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean cool chill of a holiday air. It's all in his bathrobe and being a chemical toilet into my sewer.
Speaker 11: Oaks love Battle'll put yourself every time of bell ring, and then you'll get his wings.
Speaker 4: Say good night Kevin, goodnight Kevin.
Speaker 13: It came without ribbons, It came without dirch.
Speaker 6: It came without back.
Speaker 15: Of his boxes.
Speaker 21: A back.
Speaker 6: Maybe Christmas, he thought, dartin.
Speaker 15: Come from a stall.
Speaker 4: Maybe Christmas.
Speaker 1: Perhaps means a little bit.
Speaker 22: More come out of the girls. We'll get together, have a few lefts.
Speaker 18: Rude off the red nose range had a bear shoty noss, and you have salved it, you alouady, even said Glus. All of the range he used to live, we call him name.
Speaker 1: They never let rude off.
Speaker 11: John and any raindeer games, and one.
Speaker 1: Called your christmassy.
Speaker 11: Oh Sanna came to say, chamilting me high sure where no mancy genulty jueless whest bells.
Speaker 2: There you go, folks. And again the sound bites there from the different Christmas movies. How many of those sound bites were familiar to you? How many could you name? I could name. I think all of them, because I think I placed every single one. That last one, there's some debate about whether or not it's Christmas movie. And of course after the clips ran, that was a a silly little bit that I found online. Apparently there is an AI generator where you can take different songs and singers and you can see me. So No, the band Creed did not record an actual version of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer to the tune of one of their songs. No, that's a AI creation that When I saw it, I was like, I'm gonna sneak that one in this year, because again, I like to have a couple of new things. I mean, if everything's always the stuff you've already heard, it's not a new Christmas special, it's still more of the same. And that's something I try to not necessarily, do you know. I want to I want things to feel different every year, because again I understand that there are a lot of you out there. If you're like me, you're gonna be traveling by yourself. I've got an eight hour drive ahead of me to go see my mother and family in Gainesville, Florida, which, again, if you know anything about the road from where I'm at to Gainesville, there is a stretch from Pensacola all the way pretty much to when you turn down the turnpike that it's just boring. Now when you get to Tallassee, you get a moment of reprieve, but it's more something that lulls you into a false sense that hey, I'm getting close and you really aren't close yet to that turn. It's just a long, straight, boring road. And it's again, while I look forward to seeing family, I never look forward to that drive because it's just it's a long drive, and especially in that stretch. But it'll be worth it when I get there. It'll be worth it when I arrive at my mother's home and I can see them again and we can enjoy Christmas. If you're somebody that's traveling with a family, then maybe putting on something like a very right side Christmas is something that you can look forward to. It's something you can share with folks and say, hey, you know, he's playing some decent messages here for us this Christmas season. He's reminding us of why Christmas is important. Yes, Christmas is very much about family. Christmas is very much about the spirit of giving. But we always, as I started out the program, we always have to remember that we are celebrating the birth of Christ. There's so many people out there nowadays that want to push Christmas to a side. You've got schools out there that celebrate winter breaks. Now, nobody in their right mind is celebrating winter. Trust me, when we were out there giving out those turkeys and it was thirty degrees when we first got out there, none of us were happy that it was winter. We were wishing for a warmer day for sure. Now it was still worth it, don't get me wrong, but yes, winter is not what we are celebrating, regardless of what your school's telling you, regardless of what your teacher's forced to regurgitate to you by the school district because they're too cowardly to actually allow them to say the word Christmas. When I was a kid, we got Christmas break, we celebrated Christmas, we traded gifts in class. Now, sure there was maybe one two kids who didn't participate, but nobody made fun of them. It was okay. It was just understood that this one is not going to participate. And that's the way it used to be. The small minority did not ruin the fun and the joy for the rest of us. It was better back then. All this trying to spare everyone's feelings stuff that they continue to do when it comes to all this forced diversity that they shoved down our throat. All it's doing is denying the vast majority of people. But it's been done intentionally. You know that it's been done intentionally. You heard Paul Harvey's words that I played at the start of the show. You heard his warning. That's exactly what they're doing today. And that's why we have to push back, and we have to remind our children, No, you're not on winter break, You're on Christmas break. That's why we're going to see grandma. That's why we're going to see Grandpa. We are going to get together to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. And I think that that's okay to say. I know that there are some out there that may not like that. Well, tough, you don't have to celebrate. You don't have to be a part of the Christmas celebration with us. We're okay if you don't want to celebrate Christmas. We're going to pause right here for a quick commercial break. When we come back, we'll have more of this very right Side Christmas twenty twenty four episode for you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: We'll have another bit of movie clips for you to try to see how much how many of them you can name and guess. Some of them will probably be similar to what you just heard in that other one, but some will be different.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: This is the right Side Radio program. We'll be right back. The Midnight Ride, the home of the anti establishment movement. This network features great programming such as Chris McDaniel's America, God and Country, The right Side Radio Show, Paul Revere's Liberty Layer, and many more coming soon. So check out the Midnight Ride today, head to the Midnight Ride dot com and check out all the amazing content. All right, guys, we are enjoying our very special Christmas episode once again, and it's been a lot of fun this year. One of the things that I've enjoyed this year is through the Midnight Ride Network. I have gotten back into broadcasting with my best friend Chris McDaniel on Chris McDaniel's America. And one of the things I truly enjoy is the fact that we've got that show rolling and it's been a lot of fun. And really appreciate Jim Sigelski for the assist that he gave us and getting this show off the ground and financing it and creating this network and giving us this platform. The Midnight Ride has been a true blessing. And one of the things I thought would be fun is to go back and play for you from the first episode of Chris McDaniel's America Chris's intro to the show.
Speaker 15: Hi, well, welcome.
Speaker 10: This is a new charted course for us today, obviously, And if you haven't heard, my name is Chris McDaniel, and this is Chris McDaniel's America, as always with me Jack Fairchilds, and this is the Midnight Ride Network. Now, you might wonder, and I did it first, why the Midnight Ride, Because you think clearly there's a historical purpose behind the name, right, And I got to thinking about that today, about the Midnight Ride and why it's important to this show and there's a reason. There's a reason if you think about the ride. It took place in seventeen seventy five, and Paul Revere had planned intelligently, which is a key element here, intelligently a method with other patriots about how to make sure we knew when the British were approaching and how they were approaching.
Speaker 15: That's a big deal. H So you've heard the story of the famous ride. Oh, we all have.
Speaker 1: Yes, there were other.
Speaker 10: Parts of the rides. Yeah, you know they put there's the old story about two by sea, one by land, the lanterns in the North Church in Boston.
Speaker 15: No story short. Revere.
Speaker 10: He leaves Boston and he's trying to make sure that the colonials have some advance warning of the British regulars approaching. They're going to Concord, They're trying to raide a military barrack since the ammunition there. He concocts a plan bed not ride. They did it smartly, that men not ride, and it worked. You know, people don't realize that Revere was actually captured at one point during this ride.
Speaker 15: Then they released him.
Speaker 10: Silly British, silly British, they released him.
Speaker 15: Not that the capture mattered a whole lie.
Speaker 10: The point of the story is this, he was able to alert the people of the country, the colonial army, that the regulars were coming, the British were coming, and he did so with intelligent resistance. That's the key to this network. It's the key to this show, intelligent resistance. And you might say, what are we resisting. We'll get to that in a moment, but first let's talk about the show, the purpose of the show, what we are and what we are not. Jack, You and I have done radio a lot over the years.
Speaker 2: We've talked together a time or two.
Speaker 10: And we've had shows that were someone mombastic and shows that were designed to get ratings. And you know that came back to home me a couple of times in campaigns.
Speaker 15: Over the years. Right, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 10: You know, sometimes you get carried away and you say these things, and that's part of good radio, Right, it happens, and it's going to happen here. So I want to warn the people out there, no matter what side of the political calculation you think you may be on, we see things differently than just red versus blue. Yes, now that's important don't get me wrong. I've been a Republican since I was thirteen years old, and you can tell by the on my face that was a long.
Speaker 15: Long time ago. But we see.
Speaker 10: Things differently than just red versus blue. There's got to be more than tribalism here. There's got to be more to They stink and we don't, because both sides are guilty of that right now. So what we want to do in this show is to pound out a philosophical basis for why it is we're conservatives, and to do so with intelligent resistance. And you can say, what on earth are you're resisting? What the same thing the Founders resisted?
Speaker 15: Tyranny?
Speaker 10: You say, for goodness sake, what does that look like? I don't know too much government It always results in the same thing, which is tyranny. So we start with the resistance, but we have to ask ourselves why and what's the purpose of the resistance. And it really is a foundational principle based on philosophy. And that's going to drive some people crazy because they always think that conservatism is just a moniker and it's just there to support the Republican Party. It's really not. It's been here for over two hundred plus years. Philosophers like Burke, Jefferson even and others hiak Ron Paul. People say run Paul is not a conservative.
Speaker 15: Of course he is.
Speaker 10: He has that founders and pulse in his body. And so we want to develop a system to educate people as to what true conservatism is and what it is not. And we'll talk about that. So, first of all, let's to find what the show is not. We're not going to be a mouthpiece for.
Speaker 15: The Republican Party, No, not at all. This is not Fox News. Now, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 10: Fox News occasionally has a croninal truth out there, right, but at the same time, it comes at you with bias, just like CNN, just like you miss NBC. That's not who we are. We're not a mouthpiece for the party. And there's a reason for that. There's nothing the party has that we desire. Now think about it. There's a lot of shows out there that will twist and turn facts and protect the party even when the party is wrong. That's a problem, and they do so because there's something the party has, something they desire. They don't want to offend a politician that could be powerful. They don't want to offend the party chairman who could have money. They don't want to make the donors mad because they're always wanting to run for something.
Speaker 15: That's not what this show is going to be.
Speaker 10: If the Republican Party makes mistakes, we've got to be there to call them out.
Speaker 23: Absolutely, yeah, one hundred percent, because I think that's part of the problem nowadays is there's so many people out there that don't understand the difference between conservatism and Republicanism, because while there's similarities there, they're not the same thing at all.
Speaker 10: They're not you know, conservatism is an element of political thought, and I discussed that earlier. It's been around for an aw prey long time, and the Republican Party is supposed to be the vessel by which that thought is conveyed, one with things the Republicans will stand for policy and principle. But we've seen over the last forty or fifty years the Republican Party doesn't have a lot of backbone policy or principle. So the philosophy of conservatism has been redefined. I'm not even sure most Republicans nobody means to be a conservative.
Speaker 15: Then we'll get to that in a second.
Speaker 2: And that's the start of Chris McDaniel's America on the Midnight Ride Network, which The Right Side joined during this year. But the other show that is on the Midnight Ride Network starring our friends Dan Carr and Reed Cooley, Godden Country, it launched this year too, and I have their intro from their first episode as well that I want to replay again.
Speaker 24: And welcome to God and Country. I hope you guys are having a great day here we are in the beautiful South, Mississippi. It has been a beautiful day. Which is our very first episode of God and Country with the purpose of getting Christians like you to engage in the political arena. I believe with all my heart that one of the reasons why our nation is in the mess that it is in is because Christians are not engaged as they should. Joining me is also mister Reid Cooley, mister Reed, thanks for joining me on the show today. Hey Dan, great to be here, Yes, sir, absolutely, and so read. One of the things that I want to say to accomplished with God and Country. You know, as I mentioned in the intro, is about you know, just getting Christians to engage. You know, as I look around at our country as I look in, whether it's in Jackson, Mississippi, the capital there, whether it's in bat Rouge, the capital there, whether it's in Washington, d C. Whether it's in you know, our whether it's in our city halls, whether it's in the in the county courthouse. I see less and less Christians engaging in what I call the political arena. And so one of the things that I want to see us accomplish here is to get Christians all over the nation to engage locally, not just nationally. So many times people want to focus on d C. Right That's where it seems like everybody's focused in on DC. And rightfully so, people are to be focused on DC. You know, people are focused in on this election coming up in twenty twenty four with President Trump versus you know, Joe Biden, And rightfully so, people are to be I believe this is the most important election of our lifetime. But we have very important elections every four years right here locally, and we need Christians to engage.
Speaker 25: What are your thoughts, amen, keep preaching, brother. I agree with every word all those places you just listed, federal government, state government, local government. I hope that we can engage them all and do exactly what you said that has just encourage Christians to get out there, to engage the political arena, to really stake a claim in the culture to win this you know, this country back. In addition, so you and I have both been around politics for many years now, conservative politics, on the right side of politics, but just as much, I mean, I'm interested in the culture as well, Like what we can do to foster a culture, you know, in this country, maybe starting with the state, but obviously America more broadly, where we can foster that culture where Christians are encouraged to get out there, to engage in the political arena and really you know, to kind of make the case for christ as it were. So I'm pumped, man, I'm glad to be here.
Speaker 2: As think about that, you know, think about the words that both Read and Dan we're talking about in that opening to their show about Christians engaging, and then go back and think about what I was talking about earlier, about how much we've given up over the years by not standing up to the ridiculousness. Think about how much we have taken steps backwards by not standing our ground. The reason why here we are at Christmas time, and you see so many places that are afraid to celebrate Christmas. The other day, I was scrolling through the TV and there was.
Speaker 15: This show on.
Speaker 2: It's set in an elementary school called Abbot Elementary and they were getting ready for a Christmas parade, for a Christmas play, and wouldn't you know, there was a group that complained, so the Christmas play got done away with. They had to change it up. They couldn't say Christmas. It was now a winter festival. And of course at the end of the episode when they pulled it off, you know, there's the one little kid that wasn't allowed to celebrate Christmas. The moral of the story is that made everything good for him. But there's no talk about you know, even though they show what was taken away from all the other kids, it's made light because it was all worth it just to appease one family. We've got to be while we have to be respectful of our differences, we shouldn't have to give up everything that we believe in, everything that we celebrate, because they're not giving up anything that they celebrate. That is very very clear. So part of the reason I wanted to replay that is again to remind you of the Midnight Ride and its content with these two great shows, but also to make you think for a moment.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know I don't get as political in the Christmas episode, but I still want you to think a little bit. And now that I've made you think for a second, now we can pause from thinking and I can play you the Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas song.
Speaker 1: All right, ready to sing your song?
Speaker 26: Okay, Simon, Okay, okay, album album wowoh.
Speaker 15: Okay, Now let's get ready. That was very good, Simon, very good.
Speaker 10: Theodore Alvin, if you were a little flat, watch it, Alvin Alvin?
Speaker 20: Oh wow, fof f fool off.
Speaker 1: Fine, very good boy.
Speaker 18: That's enough.
Speaker 4: Let's not overdo it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna pause for one more break after that song, and then we'll wrap up this Christmas special at very right side Christmas twenty twenty four. I hope you guys are enjoying this so far. All right, guys, welcome back here to the right side of the radio program. Here we are in the homeroom stretch the radio show, the final segment of the program today, as we are getting ready to wrap this one up and celebrate Christmas.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And of course you know, as I played before, I love the Christmas movies, so I won't play another clip of Christmas movie sound bites. And again, some of these will be similar to what I played before, but there'll be a couple of different ones in here. See how many of these clips you can place with the movie.
Speaker 4: I'll told us that I will turn far around.
Speaker 11: Alan, get just run.
Speaker 8: That, Sidney Polish, Welcome to the family.
Speaker 13: Already, Wallace and Davis a fight.
Speaker 8: You know, we've got to get some loop. We've got to take the show.
Speaker 14: To Chicago and Boston.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I can't make it.
Speaker 4: I'm going to be very busy.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, I'll join you.
Speaker 14: From what I see now that'll cut through the murkiest storm they can dish up. What I'm trying to to say is Rudol with your nose so bright, won't you guide my slidh tonight?
Speaker 1: It will be an honor, sir.
Speaker 12: So oh, you don't believe that, do you?
Speaker 4: You see?
Speaker 27: My mother's missus Walker, the lady who hired you. But I must say you're the best looking one I've ever seen. Your beard does have one of those things it goes over your ears.
Speaker 12: That's because it's real, just like I'm really a Santa Clause.
Speaker 1: It's Christmas Eve.
Speaker 9: It's the one night of there when we all at a little nicer.
Speaker 15: We we we smile a little.
Speaker 5: Easier, we we we we we chair a little more for a couple of hours out of the whole year.
Speaker 4: We are the people that we always hoped we would be.
Speaker 21: That the mama is getting red. I hate red thermometers fasty because when the thermometer gets all reddish, the temperature goes up. And when the temperature goes up, I stopped to know.
Speaker 15: You'll shoot your eye out.
Speaker 1: Kid.
Speaker 2: The Chriswold family Christmas tree.
Speaker 10: Isn't it a little big?
Speaker 19: It's not big, it's just full.
Speaker 27: Yeah, that thing wouldn't in our yard.
Speaker 2: Not going in our yard, Russ, It's going in our living room.
Speaker 28: Is extremely important. Would you please tell him that instead of presents this year, I just want my family back, No tors, nothing but Peter Kate, buzz making, Lenny and Jeff and my aunt and my cousins.
Speaker 4: Had a few hairs time my uncle Frank.
Speaker 25: Okay, list.
Speaker 15: A list.
Speaker 1: It's making a less chapping.
Speaker 6: It Like.
Speaker 4: Sannah, what don't forget the Grinch. I always mean and harry and smelly. His hands might be cold and clammy, but I think he's actually kind of sweet sweet.
Speaker 15: You don't think it's sweet.
Speaker 4: Merry Christmas, Annah Knife, kid.
Speaker 2: Bad, catch your character?
Speaker 6: Okay, I plant out our whole day. First, we'll make snow angels for two hours, and then we'll go ice skating, and then we need a whole roll of Tollhouse cookie dough as fast as we can, and then to finish, we'll snuggle. I have a machine learn.
Speaker 2: And of course that last one is the die Hard, which again is always up to this grand debate. Is die Hard a Christmas movie? What if you listened to last year's Christmas episode? Do you know that I land on the die Hard is a Christmas movie? Well, while I was scrolling through reels on social media, I've come across this Holderness family, who put out various musical parody videos that are usually pretty funny that you can laugh at, And they did one on this very subject of is die Hard a Christmas movie? And I wanted to. I wanted to play that because I found it to be entertaining.
Speaker 3: Is the Manor House?
Speaker 22: Every year?
Speaker 29: Diehart is a movie about Christmas. In Here's how I Know, there's a fire that brightly burnt, a party where everyone's turns, and Ellis's drugs are kind of.
Speaker 1: Like the snow. Die Hard is.
Speaker 29: A movie about Christmas.
Speaker 1: That's my opeen.
Speaker 29: And the rooftops at night.
Speaker 1: They are full of twinkling.
Speaker 29: Lights from the sub machine guns.
Speaker 1: There's a together.
Speaker 15: Over that they've been fighting before.
Speaker 29: They work out all of their differences and they're not mad anymore, and together they kill lots of terrorists that have C four.
Speaker 15: I think it is right.
Speaker 29: Die Hard is a movie about Charistmas. There's red and green decore. Yeah, the green is the millions of bucks. The red is from all the blood from the punching and the shooting and the door. Die Hard is a movie about Charistmas.
Speaker 15: Think about it.
Speaker 29: There was missile toe, there were missiles Stay with me and MacLean had bare feet.
Speaker 2: Get it misled to what do you think?
Speaker 29: How are you feeling this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yo?
Speaker 27: And why is there eleven year old watching this?
Speaker 29: It's good die Hard as a movie about Charistmas because a bearded man did fly. He was sort of like Santa Clause. Instead, his name was Hans and he flew through the air into the sky. Die Hard is a movie about Christmas. All the fun tide clothes, all of the sweaters that we've seen, kind of like, now I have a machine gun.
Speaker 1: Ho ho ho.
Speaker 29: There was packing tape for little surprises the parents had to wrap for McLean. It was a gun that he had taped onto his back and then he shot.
Speaker 1: Too bad, guys, it was super too awesome.
Speaker 15: Does a right?
Speaker 1: I rest my case.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 26: Yeah, there's just a lot of machine guns, dynamite and murder.
Speaker 2: And so not.
Speaker 11: Well, I'm happy that's a tradition for you guys, but also should my eleven year old be watching this?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 1: Thanks for watching.
Speaker 30: What do you guys think?
Speaker 17: Is die Hard a Christmas movie?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 20: It takes place during Christmas?
Speaker 1: Hold is what Santa says?
Speaker 15: Watch it right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it takes.
Speaker 30: Place during Christmas.
Speaker 22: It is not a Christmas movie?
Speaker 1: Is Christmas tree?
Speaker 29: It's a movie about Christmas?
Speaker 2: Yes, Diehard is a Christmas movie. I'm on the side of the father and son the mother in this instance, she's way off base one hundred percent of Christmas movie. Anyway, As you guys know, there is a tradition that I like to do on this show now. Of course, next year, if The Right Side becomes a video show, some of these songs may have to go away for future Christmas specials. But one of the things I like because again, as I say every year, that I'm getting ready to go and travel for Christmas, now, I'm not going home for Christmas because home for me is Vicksburg, Mississippi. My mother no longer lives in Vicksburg. Her and my father, before he passed, had moved to Gingsville, Florida. So I'm not going home for Christmas, but I am going to see my mom. But the sentiment of the song I'll be home for Christmas still rings true because even though that's not home to me, that's her home, so in her view, I'm coming home for Christmas still. So that's how I like to wrap the show up every year is with playing this version from Being Crosby, which again is an outstanding Christmas song for sure. But before we play this song to take us out, I want to stop for a second and wish each and every single one of you listening a very merry Christmas and of course a happy New Year.
Speaker 1: A behold for Christmas you can plan on me. Please have snow a missile toe.
Speaker 17: I'm preson song on the tree Christmassy will find.
Speaker 1: Me where the love like glea a behold.
Speaker 11: For Christmas.
Speaker 1: If all.
Speaker 6: My dreams.
Speaker 1: Behold for Christmas, you can fire.
Speaker 5: On me.
Speaker 1: Have snow and mistle, tall.
Speaker 18: And proud, and so.
Speaker 5: The tree.
Speaker 17: Cres mersy.
Speaker 1: The fine where the long.
Speaker 6: Like green.
Speaker 1: Beyond for tree.
Speaker 30: All nah, I have a machine gun escape to borrow river resort.
Speaker 2: Hey everyone, this is Jack Fairchild, so the right Side radio program and license reviewed, and I want to talk to you a second about my pillow. My pillow is quite simply the finest pillow on the market. My pillows patented interlocking fills adjust to your individual sleep needs regardless of sleeping position. This innovative fill then holds that position all night, helping you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer. The founder and owner of Mine Pillow, Mike Lindell, personally guarantees that my pillow will be the most comfortable pillow you'll ever own. And I'll add my own guarantee as well. And right now you can get up to eighty percent off of all My Pillow products, including bed sheets, slippers, towels, down comforters, mattress toppers, even coffee when you go to MyPillow dot com and enter the special promo code Midnight Ride. No space in between midnight and Ride and remember enter the promo code m D N I G H t R I D E and say big while getting the best night's sleep you've ever had. The Midnight Ride the home of the anti establishment movement. This network features great programming such as Chris McDaniels, America, God and Country, The Right Side Radio Show, Paul Revere's Liberty Layer, and many more coming soon. So check out the Midnight Ride today. Head to the Midnight Ride dot com and check out all the amazing content