Speaker 1: Toby and Chili Mornings on Demand on ninety seven point one.
Speaker 2: Why sham feeling good this morning, Chili because you're back. You know, it makes dancing the dance that we dance easier when you are here because you and I have this predictability thing.
Speaker 3: I guess that's just years of working.
Speaker 4: Together, you know. Yeah, we definitely.
Speaker 2: We do Joey Chilly in the morning. By the way, it's ninety seven point one. Washeff and back to gloating on Chili? No, So you were on vacation last week, Kat and Taylor. You know they did a great job. But you know, now you're here and we have lots of stuff to talk about, which I'm sure is going to be interesting. But I'm feeling good before five because you're back.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 3: And why are you feeling good?
Speaker 4: I'm feeling good to be back, recharged, rejuvenated. I'm grateful that the weather in Ocean City, Maryland was better than what happened here. A lot of down trees, a lot of power outages, and you know, thankful that we didn't have to deal with it.
Speaker 3: Did you guys lose power at your house while you were gone?
Speaker 4: Funny you should ask that I was texting with the neighbors, and every street around us did, but our cul de sac was fine.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, we got very lucky. They've got like self power over on that cold as sac.
Speaker 4: We usually lose it first, which is odd that we didn't. Did you end up losing any glitched a.
Speaker 2: Couple of times? But like it was just it was just the whole glitch thing. But yeah, I mean it wasn't like, you know, any kind of elongated sort of a thing.
Speaker 3: And it's here's how I know. I was fine.
Speaker 2: The backup batteries on the home studio kicked on, so nothing had to be reset, and I was like, okay, good, it's like being back in the pandemic time.
Speaker 4: So even though we don't have to worry about power outages today, hopefully we are under an extreme heat watch yes from eleven am to nine pm today through Wednesday, which means the heat index could get up to one hundred and ten.
Speaker 2: Which means you should be jumping in the poll at about eleven o'clock this morning, just saying people.
Speaker 4: That pool's even going to be too warming.
Speaker 3: It is going to be very very warm. Stay hydrated today.
Speaker 2: Light colored clothing and or wear like a shl like I'm wearing a shirt underneath this hoodie. Wear the hoodie because it's cold in here. But then I'm a shirt that's like really breathable workout shirt underneath it, so I can ditch the hoodie if I have to. Coming up Top Stories at the top of the hour, what are you working on this morning?
Speaker 4: Well, the President is due to meet with his national security team today as the world reacts to this weekend's airstrack air strikes rather on Iranian nuclear facilities.
Speaker 2: Stay there for even more. Coming up, It's ninety seven point one wash up.
Speaker 1: Top Stories Top of the Hour.
Speaker 4: Top story is presented by Celsius Energy Drinks. Well, the President is due to meet with his natural security team today is the world reacts to this weekend's airstrikes on Iranian nuclear facilities. Meanwhile, Iran's foreign ministers expected to hold urgent talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin. The State Department has issued a worldwide security alert urging US citizens to exercise increased caution amid rising tensions between Israel and Iran, and Iran has threatened retaliation after the US air strikes on its nuclear facilities. Well, DC has issued an extreme heat alert with cooling centers opening today through Wednesday as heat indexes climb between one hundred five and one hundred and ten degrees, so spray parks and outdoor pools are also available as DC officials urge hydration and staying indoors. A driver was arrested after speeding through pedestrian paths on the National Mall Saturday, narrowly missing joggers and tourists. Social media footage shows the suv weaving past landmarks and ignoring stop signs, but authorities have not said what those charges the driver faces. Starting today, Metro is increasing redline frequency during peak hours to every four minutes, and it's splitting the Silver Line into two branches. Make sure you check the schedule. Weekend hours are also expanding, with service starting at six am and running until two am on Fridays and Saturdays. And finally, according to Triple A, a record seventy two point two million Americans are going to be going out of town for July fourth weekend, and the most popular destination in the US is Orlando. Forecast as we said, extreme heat watch in effect from eleven am to nine pm. Sonny hies around one hundred heat innex near one ten. Right now it is seventy eight degrees in Centerville.
Speaker 3: All right, coming up in just a few minutes.
Speaker 2: Now that you've got the news with Toby and Chilly's top stories, we want to talk about you and your mindset this morning. It's been kind of an interesting news weekend. Perhaps you're feeling some sort of way today. Well, maybe we can help with a quote that'll help you take on a brand new day in a brand new week.
Speaker 3: Your morning mindset is on the way. Next Toby at Chilly in the morning.
Speaker 2: Back together on this Monday at ninety seven point one, watch Chef m and it's a new day, a new week. But at this time every weekday we try to help you start your day with something that we think might help that we found on the internet, the words of somebody else.
Speaker 4: Let's write a quote to get you into a good morning mindset.
Speaker 2: So hopefully this will help you as you prepare to take on this Monday. John Acuff says this morning, to be brave enough to be bad at something new.
Speaker 3: You know what that means to me?
Speaker 2: That means that beginnings are oftentimes messy, but they're worth it. So embrace that messiness today. Messiness is necessary, John Acuff, be brave enough to be bad. It's something new. It's something new, you know, and that's everything. And that's your morning mindset for this Monday. We're Toby and Chilly in the Morning. It's ninety seven point one was CHEFM. If you want to send that to somebody who needs it, find it on the Toby and chilipage at washchefm dot com. And speaking of feeling good on a Monday, we've got some talk back messages to talk about today.
Speaker 4: I mean, every time we start the show, we ask you why you're feeling good, and it looks like we've got several folks who've left messages and we can't wait to listen to them together in just a few minutes.
Speaker 2: Every day we start the show Toby and Chilly in the Morning at ninety seven point one WASCHFM by asking each other while we're feeling good before five o'clock in the morning, because there's always something to feel good about in the morning.
Speaker 4: And we love listening to the talkback messages you guys leave through your iHeartRadio app YEP.
Speaker 2: If you're signed in, all you have to do is tap the microphone with the circle around it, leave us a quick voice note and tell us why you are feeling good this morning, like Terrell and Oxen Hill.
Speaker 5: Hey, then just live alive today, waking up, smelling the air, getting out, getting all a good job, hitting the job rope, being able to say that I have the ability to and breathe, just having another beautiful day to make it all okay. So I'm just happy to be here another day.
Speaker 4: That's awesome, Terrell, and we're very thankful that you choose to spend a part of your day with us.
Speaker 2: And we got another talk back message from Jen who lives in Shantilly by Hoa.
Speaker 4: Just got three hundred and fifty trees and we're planting them all over the hoa to make this place greener. I'm excited about that. I'd be excited too, as long as I'm not the one planting them.
Speaker 2: And we've got one more from Friendship Heights. Bethany left us to talk back message.
Speaker 6: I'm a teacher in his summer. Baby, I'm so happy. I'm so happy right now, just sitting on my house doing a whole bunch of nothing.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the message, Bethany.
Speaker 4: I hope you go back to bed because you know you can sleep in now, stay.
Speaker 2: Late and watching your TV on that couch, and then get up early and watch TV on the couch, or just sleep until your favorite shows come on, you know after like nine o'b and chilly in the morning, it's ninety seven point one. Watch FM. Why are you feeling Goodmber? You can always tell us all about it via talkback. Tap that microphone if you're signed into your iHeart app, and he's so easy to use.
Speaker 3: Send us a quick voice note. We love hearing.
Speaker 2: From you, and we know you need the news, so we're going to get you Top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: Next Top Stories, Top of the Hour.
Speaker 4: President Trump plans to meet with his national security team today after calling the weekends airstrikes on Iranian nuclear science monumental. He also hints at possible regime change in Iran, questioning whether the current government can quote make Iran great again. DC officials are monitoring for potential threats after those US airstrikes in Iran. Mayor Bowser said that public safety teams are reviewing intelligence and that police have increased security around religious institutions just as a precaution. Well US crude oil went up more than two percent yesterday to seventy five dollars and sixty cents a barrel. This all comes as there is uncertainty regarding the oil supply outlook in the Middle East. A Tennessee judge has Orland ordered Maryland resident Kilmar Obrego Garcia released from jail ahead of his federal smuggling trial. However, Ice plans to detain him under a deportation hold. Meanwhile, Garcia pleaded not guilty last week two human smuggling charges. Us Park Police arrested a driver Saturday after an SUV was seen speeding through grass and paths on the National Mall near the Monument. The driver briefly evaded officers, but then was later caught. Metro rolled out a new map yesterday showing two different service patterns for the Silver Line, so half of the Roots trains will operate between Ashbourne and downtown Largo and then the other half will operate between Ashbourne and New Carrollton and Federal health officials say that a children's cough syrup marketed a under the brand name Little Remedies, is now being recalled over microbial contamination. Little Remedies honey cough syrup was distributed nationally between December fourteenth and twenty twenty two to June fourth of this year. Forecast four today, in case you don't know, we are hunder an extreme heat watch from eleven am to nine pm. It is going to be sunny, highs around one hundred, but the heat index between one oh five and one ten right now seventy five degrees in silver spring.
Speaker 3: You've got to explain this to me.
Speaker 2: By the way you get the news Toby and Chilli's top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: When you wake up with us.
Speaker 2: Here at ninety seven point one watch FM, Am, I reading this right.
Speaker 3: Your son was rescued in Ocean City.
Speaker 4: Yes, by a lifeguard our first day.
Speaker 2: And there's a PSA that is involved as a result of this.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, I'll learn something new together.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, all I know is that was like full stop. When I saw that your son was rescued by a lifeguard in OC, I was like, oh no, don't move, We're gonna get into this. Next start at chilly in the morning at ninety seven point one watch FM with the number is eight sixty six nineteen seven forty three sixty one talk back wide open too, if you want to jump into this conversation.
Speaker 3: Chili was on vacation.
Speaker 2: You told us that you were going to the beach to the OCMD and apparently something went down while you were out there with your kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, first day, the lifeguard had to quote unquote save my kid from the ocean.
Speaker 3: What what what happened?
Speaker 4: Well, the first day we were there, the ocean was a little rough, and as a precaution, I had my son wear a life jacket because well, when the waves smack you down, you get rolled around a bit, and I wanted him to be more buoyant, like come back up there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, I mean so yeah, And that's what a life jacket does exactly.
Speaker 4: But another thing a life jacket does is makes you drift out like a.
Speaker 3: Raft, like go oh yes.
Speaker 4: So when he got past the crash point and he was enjoying himself jumping the waves, I noticed he was getting a little bit further out. So I went up and I said, hey, come on, swim back in. He's like, I'm trying, but I'm okay. Well, the lifeguard wasn't having it. He jumped in and brought Dinado to shore.
Speaker 2: And intervened, much like David Hasselhoff in Baywatch.
Speaker 4: Yes, and my son was kicking and screaming the whole time, like no, I'm okay, I just got the barrier.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be jumping the waves.
Speaker 4: The lifeguard said, although life jackets are great right on the one hand, on the other hand, they don't allow you to touch your feet on the ground on the sand so that you can push yourself back to shore. So plus and minus PSA, just be aware of that. If you're gonna have your kids wear a life jacket.
Speaker 2: Keep your feet on the ground. This almost reminds me of Leelo and Stitch.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the scene where she had to rescue little Stitch.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right, only your son's not so little like Stitch.
Speaker 4: No, no, not at all.
Speaker 3: Probably had a few things to say when he got out of the water.
Speaker 4: Thankfully, he didn't need the best the rest of the week, and he had fun in the ocean.
Speaker 1: Helby and Chili's nearly impossible question, What is.
Speaker 3: The question today?
Speaker 4: Chili Amar The average person will say this phrase nine thousand times in their life. What is it?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six, nine two, seven forty three sixty one, call now answer the question right. You're gonna go see Cindy Lopper Jiffy lublive her farewell tour.
Speaker 3: Thanks to our friends at Live Nation. Here's the question again.
Speaker 4: The average person will say this phrase nine thousand times in their lifetime. What is it?
Speaker 3: Is it a colorful metaphor?
Speaker 4: No, it's not, no curse word?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 2: If you want to see Cindy Lapper, call now eight sixty six ninety seven forty three sixty one, get it right the tickets to Cindy Lapper yours with ninety seven point one wash FM. You're nearly impossible question on from under.
Speaker 1: Hebby and Chili's nearly impossible question.
Speaker 2: All right, drop the question on us again, please there, Chili Opper turn from Vucation Omar.
Speaker 4: The average person will say this phrase nine thousand times in their life.
Speaker 3: What is it with Cyndy Lapper?
Speaker 2: Tickets up for grabs thanks to our friends at Live Nation, Leron and Bristow.
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing well, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for listening to us this morning. You have now got the question what.
Speaker 3: Do you think? The answer is?
Speaker 5: I'm fine?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 4: Are you really?
Speaker 5: That's good?
Speaker 4: Doing well and I'm fine and all the other good stuff. Yeah, Leron, I know that that's your guests. But when you hear somebody say I'm fine, do you believe.
Speaker 3: Them most of the time, not one hundred percent, but they probably just don't want to answer or.
Speaker 5: Go anywhere with that, so they're just saying I'm fine. If that's it.
Speaker 3: So you're fine.
Speaker 2: How often do you answer that you're fine a day when you're not really fine with whomever asked you?
Speaker 3: Are you fine?
Speaker 6: Pretty?
Speaker 5: You know, most of the.
Speaker 4: Time, we're not messing with you when we tell you that I'm fine is the correct answer. The average person says that phrase nine thousand times in their lifetime. Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, amaz, that's awesome. Good good guest.
Speaker 2: Well, it means you're going to go see Cindy Lapper now, so I would say, if you love live music, Cindy Laupper is an icon of music, and you'll be fine when you see her.
Speaker 5: I'll be much more than a Fine'll be really really happy. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Well, that's fine. Well, thanks so much for playing this morning. Congratulations.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Have a great day.
Speaker 4: Thank you too.
Speaker 2: More tickets to Cindy Lapper up for Grabs tomorrow with another round of Your Nearly Impossible Question.
Speaker 4: Hang out for the news It's next, Top Stories, Top of the Hour. The State Department said the conflict between Israel and Iran has resulted in disruptions to travel, in periodic closure of airspace across the Middle East, and in its alert, the State Department advised US citizens worldwide to exercise increased caution. DC has issued an extreme heat alert, with cooling centers opening today through Wednesday as heat indexes climb between one hundred and five and one hundred and ten degrees. Spray parks and outdoor pools are also available as city officials urge hydration and of course, staying indoors. A driver was arrested after speeding through pedestrian paths on the National Mall Saturday, narrowly missing joggers and tourists. Social media video shows the suv weaving past the landmarks and ignoring stop signs, but authorities have not yet said what charges the driver faces. Starting today, Metro is increasing redline frequency during peak hours to every four minutes, and it's also splitting the Silver Line into two branches. Weekend hours are also expanding, with service starting at six am and running until two am on Fridays and Saturdays. And according to a recent survey, a lot of Americans are feeling oversubscribed and are considering cutting their subscriptions. Actually, the average American spends ninety dollars a month on them. But even worse, we're all wasting two hundred dollars a year on unused or unnecessary subscriptions. Forecast today again extreme heat watch. It's in effect until eight from eleven am until nine pm. Sonny hies around one hundred. That heat index, of course, getting up to one ten right now though it is seventy eight in Oakton.
Speaker 2: One of the interesting buzzwords in the workplace today is multitasking. Now that you've got the news, Toby and Jilly's top stories at the top of the hour coming up next to ninety seven point one WASHFM, we're gonna talk about multitasking and fails that you might have experienced while multitasking. What was your multitasking fail. We're not gonna judge, just want to hear about it. At eight six, six, nine, two, seven forty three sixty one. Give us a call right now. We'll share ours with you. If you share yours with us can all So he's the talk back microphone. It's wide open for you if you're signed in listening to us on your iHeart app that is minutes away.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Multitasking Toby and Chilly in the Morning on ninety seven point one was CHEFM at eight sixty six ninety seven forty three sixty one. There are people who are great at multitasking. They can do many things at once, and then there are those who can't multitask at all.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on now. I'm normally very very good at this, I really am. But I did have a fail.
Speaker 3: Really what happened?
Speaker 4: I usually watched TV while I fold laundry, and I got distracted the other day and I put my sons underwear away in my husband's drawer.
Speaker 3: Well, that happens.
Speaker 2: I suppose your husband must have been feeling some sort of way when he went to get the skivvies out that morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they didn't fit him quite. I'm skinny. He could tell right away they weren't the right ones.
Speaker 3: Were these speedos? Honey?
Speaker 4: He enjoyed my screw up? Yeah, wow, I know what.
Speaker 2: I admit that sometimes I can multitask but to me, that involves cutting corners. So eventually my multitasking falls aparts like a house of cards. And then I realized I should have just focused on one thing.
Speaker 4: Or had your girlfriend do it, because she don't screw up.
Speaker 2: No, she does not, Cassandra and Arlington, I understand you're not so great at the multitasking.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 7: Okay, So I have a dog and I have multiple meetings all the time every day. So I tried walking my dog while joining a zoom and I had to order groceries all at the same time, So my dog ended up in my neighbor's backyard.
Speaker 5: I said to sit.
Speaker 7: To my boss and not to my dog, and I accidentally ordered twelve pounds of bananas.
Speaker 4: I kid you not, Cassandra. It sounds like those neighbors of yours are about to get a lot of banana bread.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially if fidoh your pooch left a little present in their yard while you were paying attention to a zoom and ordering bananas. Crazy, but thank you for calling. And have you ever failed at multitasking? Maybe you're great at it either way, give us a call. You know the number, talk back. You know it's wide open for you. Hit us up, share your story. We'll get into those next, but first a story that we think might just make your Monday.
Speaker 4: There's a gas station up in Thermont, Maryland where you can pump your gas and get a lot of positive affirmations.
Speaker 2: It's a story that we think might make your Monday, and you'll get to hear it in minutes with Toby and Chilly in the morning.
Speaker 3: For today's story that we.
Speaker 2: Think might just make your Monday, here at ninety seven point one watch FM with Toby and Chilly in the morning, we head up to seventy to fifteen and we follow fifteen to Thermont, Maryland where the.
Speaker 3: Direct to You gas station. Well, it's like going back in time.
Speaker 4: It's got those old school gas pumps, flip signs instead of digital displays, and full service attendance and really not much has changed since it opened back in nineteen fifties. And right at the heart of it is a man named Bernie Sweeney who is a general manager.
Speaker 2: And he's as timeless as the station is itself. Bernie, he's been there since nineteen seventy two. He's happy, cheerful, unwavering when with his kindness it makes him a local legend in Thermoton. So many people in the community say he's more than just a gas station manager. He's a friend, a helper, even a lifeline. He's always quick with a smile and a friendly word, and he goes beyond when it comes to customer service.
Speaker 4: He goes out and helps a lot of people they need a little help, like gas on Tom helping Bernie's there. Bernie says he even helps pay for gas when people can't afford it.
Speaker 8: Know how some people with is pretty tight, pretty rough with some people right now, and I'll try to help him out if I can. I don't know how many people I've helped you over the year, but I know they know it.
Speaker 2: Bernie's generosity isn't one sided. Over the years, the community's rallied around Bernie too, through personal heartbreaks, including the losses of his son and he's a grandson. In those moments, the same customers he once helped were there for him.
Speaker 4: A lot of locals still choose Bernie's place not for just the convenience, but for the connection that he provides, because it's more than just a fill up. It's a moment of warmth and a familiar place with a familiar face.
Speaker 2: And that's why we all should take a road trip up to Thermouth so we can find Bernie's gas station. If you want to read more about him, you can Toba CHILIPAGEATCHFM dot com. And if you've got a story that makes your Monday, tell us all about it. We would love to share it for you. And stay there because coming up the news Top stories at the top of the hour, in minutes.
Speaker 1: Top stories top of the hour.
Speaker 4: President Trump plans to meet with his national security team today after calling the weekends airstrikes on Iranian nuclear sites quote monumental, and he also hints at possible regime change in Iran, questioning whether the current government can quote make Iran great again. Will I meanwhile, is promising retaliation for those US strikes. Tehran also continued to launch drones and missiles at Israel, as Israel too has continued attacks, bombing a number of airports across Iran. DC officials are monitoring for potential threats after the airstrikes. Mayor Bowser rather said that public safety teams are reviewing intelligence and that police have increased security around religious institutions as a precaution. A Tennessee judge has ordered Maryland resident kilmar Abrego Garcia released from jail before his federal smuggling trial. However, Ice plans to retain him under a deportation hold. Meanwhile, Garcia pleaded not guilty last week two human smuggling charges. Metro rolled out a new map yesterday that shows two different service patterns for the Silver Line, so just a heads up for riders. Half of the Roots trains will operate between Ashbourne and downtown Largo and then the other half will operate between Ashburn and New Carrollton. And new All State data reveals the safest and riskiest US cities for driving in twenty twenty five, so Boston tops the list for collisions now that's followed closely by DC and Baltimore. On the other hand, Brownsville, Texas remains the safest city for drivers. Forecast for today, there is an extreme heat watch in effect from eleven am to nine pm. It's gonna be sunny, highs around one hundred, but that heat index is going to feel between one oh five and one ten. Right now, it is eighty degrees in Gaithersburg.
Speaker 2: And you've got the news top stories at the top of the hour. When you wake up with Toby and Tilly in the morning at ninety seven point one, watch at them.
Speaker 3: We're next. We're going to talk to you about your multitask fails. Everybody's got some. If we're honest, we do. We know you do too. That's why we won't judge. We just want to hear what they're what your fails were. We know it'll be a good story. Eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one is the number. Talkbacks wide up until if you want to tap speak and sending your listening on your iHeart app. That is next with us.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere Toby and Chilli in the morning ninety seven point one WASHFM. Want to circle back to some of these stories you've been telling us about multitasking.
Speaker 3: Well, it looks like they're all fails, Chili.
Speaker 4: Which makes you not feel so alone when you hear them.
Speaker 2: That's right, Chili, because I fail, it's multitasking. Good morning, Marcus and land them understand you had a multitasking fail.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 5: I thought I was an electrician, came out white toga fixed the lights. We had some lights going off, and I also was working on a computer and I was fixing a kid's bike.
Speaker 4: So what happened?
Speaker 5: Listen what I tell you. I didn't get anything that I made the electricity problem worse, and my son still doesn't have a bike to the day. I tried to do it all at once, trying to be super dead, and I failed miserably.
Speaker 3: Well, Marcus, you're going to have to let that go.
Speaker 4: And next time just hire a professional.
Speaker 3: Yes, Selena and Potomac, how'd you blow it? Multitasking?
Speaker 6: I'm a football girl. I was watching a game on a Sunday and I was also writing a report for my boss that he needed the next day. And yeah, I started writing what the color commentator was saying into the report without realizing I was doing that. So it was like, and it looks like are projected going down the middle and.
Speaker 1: The balls time.
Speaker 3: This town is going crazy.
Speaker 6: It was really embarrassing.
Speaker 1: What more, Toby and Jilly head over to washupm dot com for the iHeartRadio app