Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: The fact that they're able.
Speaker 3: To keep fruit flies out of southern California, I find that extraordinary.
Speaker 2: You know they hunt them down one by one. You know that tiny games, hey, other totally normals lies. What's what's happening? You want some.
Speaker 1: Fruit and now Handle on the news, Ladies and gentlemen, Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 4: And h.
Speaker 2: KFI Handle Show. He starts every single break coming back with And.
Speaker 4: That's because it's a continuation.
Speaker 2: And it's the Bill Handle Show, KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Happy Friday to you folks. Neil Vedra here Handle is in the toilet and yeah, and just massive gas this morning. He is not only flatulent, but we think he ate something that is going to rear its ugly head throughout the entirety the program. Oh there you are. Actually, I had a very important meeting down the hall that I could not see a man about a horse. What the hell does that mean? By the way, what that old saying I'm gotta go see a man about a horse? No idea, No, I don't even know it. You don't know it now oh maybe maybe you're just not a horse. Okay, all right, all right, are we gonna start again?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, you started already here. And you know what? And I tell you the speaker in my meeting.
Speaker 3: Room actually I was broadcasting KFI.
Speaker 2: So I heard you. He did a great job. Is it really broadcasting KFI? Now? I heard you in the hall? You kept the you kept the door cracked open. You didn't trust us? Well the cats away, We're like, yeah.
Speaker 3: It is Friday. We've already started on a Friday's we started a good note. Yes, okay, we got it all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Fine, great? Were you? We didn't hurry? You did? Did we?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I've run before, cono.
Speaker 3: How many times have I started running out the door and saying, can you run a recording of the commercial?
Speaker 2: I've seen Bill run? Ye, I've seen Bill run. There was one time that Bill ran. We have a hallway, but everything locks itself off so you can't get in. And so if you go into the hallway, the door behind you shuts, it locks and you can't get in without a key card. And he realized that. So he's going to the bathroom or going to the mailroom or something. He goes through the door. It hits him in the middle of the hallway that he doesn't have his card key.
Speaker 3: He goes back because the door is closed, so I'm want to save the door before it loves and.
Speaker 2: Then he goes to reach for the other door and he has zero balance. He bangs his head. So I'm being told this story. I was on vacation and our operations guy calls me and says, oh my god, did you hear this morning? And Handle smacked his head and knocked himself out.
Speaker 3: I went unconscious. Yeah, so I went unconscious.
Speaker 2: The first thing that Bill's friend Neil Savader from thirty years said, we have a we have a security camera in that hallway. Pull that video for me. Now do we have do we stay? I have it somewhere. Put it up on Instagram, so fine, I will find it. And I could not stop laughing because his leg twitches like a cartoon and you can't see his head. He hits his head pretty hard and his legs kind of go silent for a second and then twitch, and you can tell that he was knocked the f I I was out. I was totally unconscious. I've got to find that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And when you go unconscious in a fall, you go to the doctor, uh, you know, and I did, and man they uh they ran on the touch said it was fine, but I, you know, hit hard enough to go unconscious.
Speaker 2: These are two inch maple solid maple doors. Yeah, and I went, I went in full blast. Yeah. Still that one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Yeah, it's very strong.
Speaker 3: Okay, Neil, you're gonna find it and we'll put it up. Yeah, we'll find he has it. We'll put up on Instagram. In the meantime, let's say hello to everybody out there. Cono, good morning, and Amy, good morning, Hi Bill.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 3: Amy and I agree on the broadcast last night with uh with commonly yeah, and we don't. Quite often we don't agree, but last night we agreed, and that was that we hate both of them. Yeah, everybody hates both of them. Yeah, pretty much everybody who is rational. Amy. I shouldn't have let that go out, should I? Because you're a newsperson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks a lot, Bell. Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I can say that I was. I was disappointed in the interview last night.
Speaker 3: I wanted okay, fair enough, all right, and we both agree. So I'm going to be doing a lot more than that. At seven o'clock. It was just just a crock For the most part. It was aspirational bsuh, and she spun and deflected and it was come on, you could have been honest. You know. The best interview I've ever done with a politician, John McCain, he was the.
Speaker 2: No BS guy. Hey did you vote on that? Yep? Were you wrong? I sure was. I mean, he wasn't do that anymore.
Speaker 3: No, he was just And then I said, why did you do something? He explained it completely. A lot of people disagree with you. Yeah, a lot of people do.
Speaker 2: He was great. The only politician I've ever had to do that. I might have mentioned this the other day, but I heard the mayor of Santa Monica the other day on the station and he he said, you know, I want to clean things up. I got elected. I came in and he was asked, well, how's things going. He goes, not good, he goes, he goes, despite all my efforts, it's getting worse. And I was like, keep this guy off list for him, Good for him.
Speaker 3: I love politicians show up on Thanksgiving Day and they, you know, line up to feed the homeless, and I wish they were honest about it.
Speaker 2: Hey, didn't you come here three times already? And then to which you would reply yes, all right, good morning, Neil, Good morning, Willy, Happy Friday, and good morning Anne, good morning. All right, let's do it, guys, handle on the news with Amy, Neil and me. Late story And it was last night Kamala.
Speaker 3: Harris and Tim Walls, and I thought Kamala Harris did a good job. If you talk about presentation, sounded good. She certainly have it all her facilities. She was able to deflect beautifully. She sounded like she went right in line with a political a political politician speaking, but didn't it seem rote.
Speaker 2: The whole My values haven't changed. My values. Yeah, it's although I like that. I like that view. I like that she separated. Hey, listen, values are one thing, and how those values play out in a policy can change. But my values is I like that message. Yeah, but I just didn't like the way just delivered. So do you go my values haven't changed.
Speaker 3: I blew it on that one, and I should have said I agree with Fred. And then I realized, after looking at it carefully, that we can do both fracking and move forward with alternative energy. We can do both. And I didn't, and I didn't look at it that way.
Speaker 2: Why not? Yeah? Oh no, God God.
Speaker 3: Forbid her saying something like that seven o'clock. I'm gonna dive into it a little bit more and I'm gonna give her.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'll give you.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you the great I give her, and then we'll handle grating system, which means absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sorry, Amy.
Speaker 4: Bugs, mold, puddles of blood, those were all found by inspectors.
Speaker 2: It handles laundry basket.
Speaker 4: No, but it's something that handle loves and that's the boar's head.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I just planted in Virginia.
Speaker 2: I just bought it.
Speaker 3: A matter of fact, I was having a conversation with Marjorie yesterday and she said, you buy boor's head, you know, meats. I mean that's what you buy. I go yeah, and she goes, aren't you frightened? I go, no, No, it was that's all out of a plant in Virginia, which, by the way, has bugs and would you say, amy, mold and.
Speaker 2: Blood and disgusting stuff coming out.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised because boar's head is sort of the top.
Speaker 2: Of the heap. It's the most expensive stuff out there and it's delicious. Oh, I think it tastes the best.
Speaker 3: I mean, I live boar's head black forest ham medium slice.
Speaker 2: Oh. By the way, this just in insects mold and puddles of blood opening up at the Sahara tent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cochilla, that's the good news. It's it's it's out there in the east. Those are this still?
Speaker 2: That's uh? I mean, it sounds like it's actually made from a boar's head. At the point, are you going to have that soda? Buddy? You bet? You bet? You Bill Handles Health Regiment.
Speaker 3: Coke and bar and boar's head. It all works out. I actually actually had a Sandwiches warning with boar's head meat on it.
Speaker 2: Good. We'll start the clock at ten weeks and see how this goes all right to Israel has greed to a series of humanitarian pauses in Gaza to allow the vaccination of children against polio. This campaign, of course, is aimed to vaccinate children six hundred and forty thousand to be exact. And the best best response to this that I have heard was our very own Amy King this morning on Wake Up Call, Amy King, Your response to this was, hello, Amy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh you want me to say, what what the hypocrisy part? Yes, yeah, that they're going to pause the fighting, Yeah, to save the children, which is a wonderful thing, and then they're going to go kill them.
Speaker 2: And that's that's that's really correct. Yeah. I just thought that was a very decisive way. This one, This one I believe, by the way, I do believe this.
Speaker 3: Where the other statements here's a safe area, you go there, palse things, you go there and they immediately vomit. And because there is no safe area, this one I actually believe Israeli's gonna do you know polio so horrible? Do you know you know people lived in iron lungs. You see those the last guy just passed away. Yeah, he was a lawyer. They literally live in the iron lungs that breath for you. Matter of fact, I once interviewed a guy who lived in an iron lung. He was one of the best interviews, and I asked him, you know, what's it like and he went, Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 4: Former President drum says we want more babies. At a rally yesterday, he said he will implement a policy as president that would pay for in vitro fertilizations. He said, if he's elected, the government will pay or your insurance company will be mandated to pay for all costs associated with IVF treatment.
Speaker 3: How many conservatives when they heard that went, huh what happened?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Very many?
Speaker 3: Why would your innservatives have a problem with IVF because in general, the government getting involved all paid, yeah, paying.
Speaker 2: For not IVF.
Speaker 3: Per se, The overwhelming majority of Americans believe in IVF.
Speaker 2: I would say whelming as someone who's not a fan of taxes. If you're going to pay for something I think iv well, I'll tell you that, and I agree.
Speaker 3: But infertility is not a medical issue. It's not a medical problem right now. And of course it is inability to have children as a medical issue. And I'm a big fan of Ivfobby. My kids were born with nbitual fertilization. And I've always said, you talk about being fair, that God's a man the life or the female part of my relationship. Yeah, is goes through goes through fertilization, but ultra fertilization takes drugs, and boy, I'll tell you those drugs that at that point it was perganal and man so uncomfortable, and then she goes into a surgical procedure to have the eggs removed. And it's a called the transvasonal aspiration where a needle about four feet long is put into her body and goes all the way through and then goes into the egg which is you know, way up there, and then tuck slower and then sucks out the granular fluid where after she's been super ovulated. It's a big deal, super regulating, I know, that's what they call it. So that's what she goes through. Guys, here's a little cup. Go in the other room.
Speaker 2: Listen. Women get the raw end of the stick just all the time. You bet, you bet? What is it? Couf about twenty five grand?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's really expensive, really expensive stuff. Yeah, infertility doctors make a lot of money. And it's cash up front. It's not like they don't have to collect after the fact. You walk in with a cashiers check, not a check, a cashiers check before they let you start.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, it's a bit and there's no money back. No, they don't get half better.
Speaker 4: There's no guarantee, money guarantee, nope.
Speaker 2: All right, huh.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so he said, IVF treatments will be paid for by the government or mandating that the insurance company paid. By the way, Massachusetts was the first aid that told insurance companies you must pay for IVF. I don't know if any other state has gone that way, but Massachusetts was the first stop.
Speaker 2: Are they a democratic or republic Massachusetts Democrat? Oh one, am I thinking of course Massachusetts? All righty, federal judge is demanding answers in an ongoing audit of how the city of well, our beautiful Los Angeles, County of Los Angeles are spending public funds to solve homelessness, the homelessness crisis. You know, Amy and I were at the Hilton here in Universal City yesterday with the people from the Union Rescue Mission on September twenty seventh. We're going to go over the edge of that twenty five story building to raise money. And they have the most amazing organization and we were talking about LASA la HSA. That is the group that is here in Los Angeles that is working towards ending homelessness, and they're just not doing anything. And this judge is saying, if there isn't documentation on the work being done. I'm going to assume it's not being done.
Speaker 3: This is David o'carter, the federal judge who has made homelessness his issue. He's the guy, and I've never heard of a federal judge doing this. When there was an issue the Santa Ana River and there was all these encampments, he walked the entire length of the where encampments were. A matter of fact, it was I think with Todd Spitzer, I mean David o'car Yeah, they leave them. Yeah, he is no, he is no joke. He is really into this.
Speaker 2: It is an embarrassment on Los Angeles that we have all this money, this organization that our mayor, God bless her, keeps asking for money now from private donors, and they can't even account for the money they've had. Yeah, it's just it is. It's a scampshame on us. Yep.
Speaker 4: There's no room at the ends at the Grand Canyon. Well there might be room, but they're closed. So they've had this massive water line cut brake at the trans Canyon water line. They've been having problems along the twelve and a half mile long water line for like a month now, and so now they said, you know, what, we don't have any water coming into the Grand Canyon, North Rim or South Rim, so we're shutting everything down basically, so all the overnight guest lodging within the park is cut off.
Speaker 3: This you've seen the videos of all these water main breaking, certainly the flooding that goes on across the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is not good. Not good.
Speaker 3: I haven't been to Yosemite in a zillion years, but I had toilets flush and the water actually ran, remember correctly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good thing, especially with you. Yeah, thank you Army. The Army is coming out in regards to if you remember, back on Monday, former President Donald Trump and his gang group they attend the wreath laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery. Well, there was a dust up of sorts there in section six sixty and section sixty there is no photography, no of any kind videography photography, and especially there is no political type of photography or videography. So there was someone that abruptly said, hey, you can't you were told you can't shoot in here. Well, the US Army came out just yesterday said that the Arlington National Cemetery employee was abruptly pushed aside by Trump's people, by Trump's and that that person did not I think it was a woman did absolutely nothing wrong and she was a street Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was a bad move on Trump's side because it wasn't for political purposes, although it immediately went up on the tick on a Trump's TikTok page showing what he did, and the narration underneath it was how Kamala Harris and Joe Biden screwed the Afghanistan withdrawal. I mean it was about as political as you can get, and they violated the law. Now, Trump said we were invited by the family, which they were, and it was the family at a tombstone next to them that said, hey, we don't want this showing up.
Speaker 2: And that was the altercation.
Speaker 3: And uh, it's it's a cheap, sleazy thing for the Trump organization who.
Speaker 2: Have done military people are thrilled about them. No, No, that's the other thing I know, and I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean he's doing a lot of stuff to alienate the military folks, starting you know with John McCain. He's no hero. Yeah he got it was shot down, don't get caught.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was the most recent one. He was given an award and said.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, that the medal the congressional Uh, the Congressional Medal of Freedom, which is given to civilians, is more valuable than the Congressional Medal of Honor, which is given to military who uh have been shot, usually most of them posthumously. And what you have to do, what a service person has to do to get the Medal of Honor is so beyond the duty that's mandated that it's well, let me tell you how how highly in esteem the military has for the Medal of Honor. If you have a serviceman, you know, just the corporal who is wearing the Medal of honor, generals salute him.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's crazy. That is crazy.
Speaker 3: And so here's Trump saying, oh, no, the Medal of Freedom is far more valuable.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: They give that to movie actors and they give that to the athletes.
Speaker 2: Now, just to be balanced, I understand sort of where he was going, saying, Hey, this is no small thing, and I think it's important because it's for civilians, whatever it is. But say that, I know, but he didn't say that. He said it. He said it was the Medal of Honor, was not as valuables.
Speaker 3: And that's horrific and he should have said I blew it, I miss But he'll never do that.
Speaker 2: You know, he doubled down. He doubles down. I just try to be as reasonable as possible on both sides. When I hear something, you try and be you're a schmuck, okay or that? Yeah that's reasonable. Yeah, there's that. All right.
Speaker 4: You're gonna need to show me the money if you want to show Hey bubblehead. Uh, you know, they handed him out. We talked about it yesterday. They handed out like forty thousand of them at the Dodgers game on Wednesday night. And they're already showing up on eBay because there's two thousand of them that are I don't know if they're spray painted gold or whatever, but their gold. And they're going for up to twenty thousand.
Speaker 2: Yea, Now, hang on, let's be fair. That's what someone is. Yeah, someone is asking why does that?
Speaker 3: If someone asks a quarter of a million dollars for a bobblehead, you would be reporting that. I would like to know what is the most expensive when that was sold?
Speaker 2: Do we have that information at all?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, because they haven't done sold any yet because they're asking such astronomical money. But I mean they became collectors item like instant.
Speaker 2: But you couldn't like ask for one, so it was random.
Speaker 3: Now, the first forty thousand people walked in the door, that's why they were lining up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there were some people that were laughing saying they walked in at five or seven o'clock at night and still got a bobblehead. So I don't know how they Well.
Speaker 3: Usually when they say forty thousand, I'm just reading about that, they'll have fifty two or fifty five thousand. They order extras. But I mean this Showhatani is really an outlier. He hit what a home run and stole a bunch of stuff?
Speaker 2: And he is.
Speaker 4: He hit forty home runs in stole forty bases.
Speaker 2: Oh, stole bases? Okay, so stuff? Yeah, you just randomly. He just hit when he leaves, when you see him running, he's actually running to a seven to eleven to ransacket and then get back. Stole a bunch of stuff. Nasa, oh, Nasa, Oh, Boeing, it has not been their year. Twelve weeks in space. Boeing Starliner, the spacecraft that I don't know had oxygen or what was a helium million Yet finally set to return home. They actually have a date September sixth, although it will be without the two person crew, so they're undocking from the orbiting laboratory and then it will land at midnight or so in New Mexico.
Speaker 3: Now September, yeah, and then in February, I think the astronauts are scheduled to come home on a space X flight. But that is February of twenty twenty eight, is what they haven't told us yet, and it's going to be. This is a real embarrassment for Boweing. They have not had a good year. Now this is a Space division, which is a totally different division.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's even worse, and this doesn't get a lot of press. They also last lost the luggage of these two remembers, so they got that they've been up there with like no underwear change. They don't have their razors.
Speaker 3: If you ever go on any aircraft, and this is what I always do when I get on an airplane, is in the doorway, the door jam. You can see that the little registration tag. Oh yes, it's yeah, yeah, it's v I N. It's a vehicle identification number, and it tells you when the plane was built, and it tells you what kind of plane, Like I was just on a Southwest flight when I went to Las Vegas and there it was. It was a MAC was a Boeing seven hundred series and it was built exactly twenty years ago. And I used to always think the newer of the plane, the safer it was. I don't think that anymore now with Boeing. They have their new plane, the Boeing fifty to fifty. Uh yeah, I know it's crazy and Boeing used to have a reputation. Didn't I do a story for the podcast on Boeing? Okay, I did a podcast. I don't know when it was when it was released, but it's about the Boeing company and you can go. Matter of fact, I might as well plug it now. It's a Bill Handle podcasts. Bill Handle Show podcast available on Apple and Spotify and the iet Radio app and it drops every Tuesday and Thursday at nine o'clock. And one of them one of my podcasts maybe a couple weeks. You can see in the show notes which episode it was was all about Boeing where they've come from. And where they've been one of the premier companies in the world.
Speaker 2: To well, Boeing, we have doubt.
Speaker 4: All right, well, there was apparently more to this one than meets the I. Of course, a couple of Burbank police officers were just cleared of violating policy or misconduct after they dropped a guy off in North Hollywood on the sidewalk, and everybody went crazy because they were like, you're pushing a homeless guy into Paul Krekorian's district to make a statement or something. But the Burbank Police Department said they did an investigation. The guy was not homeless. As a city council president, Krekorian had claimed, he'd been renting a room at a house in Silmar. He's obviously got some issues because he was found naked somewhere. He demanded that they take him and take him to a coffee shop or something like that. But they said that the officers didn't do anything wrong here. Kirkorian says, he has more questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, any of that, And this is a typical. The cops are accused of doing something wrong and the police department says, hey, we're going to investigate partial video. Yeah, let's let's look at that. Oh no, no, no, look at the video we have Oh my god, look at that.
Speaker 2: All right, the chlorine's a wing nut. Yeah, clearly, all right. Ranchio palace Verite is so much going on over there. They have what the city is calling a significant sewage break. This is a result of the area and all that land movement that they're dealing with, which is kind of scary when you think about it. You know, it's not like the water, it's like it is moving. And with all of that, they've got sewage lines that have already been affected, so that shifting is obviously causing breakage, as you would imagine. And the estimated ten thousand gallons spill is the first time sewage spill to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're saying that's not a big spill. They're saying, that's not a big spill. You know what, it just quickly as an aside, you know that housing is unaffordable in southern California. You know that it's just unaffordable, except in Rancho Palace Verdices.
Speaker 2: You can get a great deal on a house there.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, the river sin is still disgusting. Yeah, So the Paralympic Games are going on now in Paris, and concerns over water quality have prompted the organizers to change the schedules. So they're going to do all eleven metal events on one day instead of doing it on two days because they said the weather forecast is iffy and when it rains a lot, all this gunk gets dumped into the suit, into the sin and the bacteria levels go up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's still called the toilet swim event, you know that. They said, why is the water green and the frenches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there is a boar's head plant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right on the sand. They said that the boar's head plant was cleaner than scent gross. Ford Motor Company is going to build cars that gos this guy's driving too fast, I said, guy for the ladies out there, and I don't want to be sexist. Recently filed a patent application for this thing that's freaking people out because of privacy and surveillance and the like. The system and Methods for detecting speed violations is the patent, and it's described as a system that could turn Ford vehicles into mobile speed detectors capable of reporting other drivers to the police. Yeah, so what.
Speaker 3: This is technology that catches you speeding when you are speeding.
Speaker 2: But is it just you or is it other drivers?
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter, it doesn't matter it's a guy ahead of you.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 3: Who's ever speeding gets tagged. It's against the law, and that's the way. It just makes it easier to catch speeders. I have a real bitch about those damn radar detectors. Boy, I hate technology being used to catch me going ten miles an hour over the speed limit. I mean, come on, invasion of privacy, privacy on the road in a car and you have the to privacy to not get detected by technology.
Speaker 2: I think it's freaky, but you know, don't speed. Yeah, I'm with you, I get it. I have no argument none.
Speaker 3: Surprisingly surprisingly enough, all right, guys, we are done. This is kf I am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.